View Full Version : Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41

Toto737NG
10th Apr 2016, 15:27
Hi guys,

Does some one heard something else about the Boeing Captains??

Qatar said we have to wait until we finish up our holding pool time, and probably we will be refused due to manpower requirements, but someone has any other update??
Thanks to all of you!
Regards!
Toto.

CaptainProp
11th Apr 2016, 11:20
They are now advertising for "Cargo" Captains and FOs on 777 and 330. Strange to hear that lots of you are still in hold pool and waiting when they are still recruiting. Are they actually operating split pax / cargo operations?

CP

A320CaptDav
11th Apr 2016, 16:39
I guess they are gathering interest of applications to have slit cargo/ pax ops as there the cargo ops has grown drastically.

Motorcycle2014
12th Apr 2016, 18:59
Hi everyone anyone knows the cargo roaster in QR cargo and if
The salary is the same as pax ops

Thanx

Sallytraffic
12th Apr 2016, 19:53
What are you on about Chocks?!

Anyone been through the assessment process recently and can give some feedback?

Also interested to hear from anyone that's been offered a job recently, Boeing FO... How long is the hold pool wait at the moment?

Thanks

TypeIV
12th Apr 2016, 20:12
I see that there are alot of orders. They say they need 600 pilots for this year only. How many planes will come and at what pace?

skysurfer0805
13th Apr 2016, 09:33
I waited 10 month or so as Boeing rated FO - been put on 777 - originally applied for 787 but not complaining. :cool:

asianeagle
14th Apr 2016, 06:12
Just been through the interview / sim phase and awaiting outcome.
They told me, this was 3 days ago, that they have no spare training capacity for new hire BOEING, there will be hold pools for some time.
Airbus different story, wanting people to start in August. That is of course for Type Rated Captains and F/O's. I guess any NTR's will be hired onto bus predominantly 330 it would seem.

aviatorMike
14th Apr 2016, 13:12
hello guys

anyone joining on the 19th june 2016 for the 777, please PM me

alloha
14th Apr 2016, 22:24
I tried to attend the open day that Qatar held in IST but i couldnt go,though a close friend of mine working for THY was there. He is heavily experienced on the 738 and TRE/TRI .They told him that they have enough applications from type rated captains on the Boeing fleet and the chances for 737 guys to be hired within the next year are slim .

On the other hand a couple of expats FO type rated on the 777 and flying for THY were told that the selection process for them will be fast .

its a fact that Qatar is looking for 600 pilots within the next 12 months .

atlas12
15th Apr 2016, 01:04
Any advice on time to left seat on the Boeing for a new hire with a bit of previous non-Boeing PIC time?

aviatorMike
15th Apr 2016, 09:51
hello guys

anyone joining qatar on the 19th june 2016 for b777fo batch,

please pm me

TypeIV
15th Apr 2016, 11:15
Just been through the interview / sim phase and awaiting outcome.
They told me, this was 3 days ago, that they have no spare training capacity for new hire BOEING, there will be hold pools for some time.
Airbus different story, wanting people to start in August. That is of course for Type Rated Captains and F/O's. I guess any NTR's will be hired onto bus predominantly 330 it would seem.

Was this for FOs on the Boeing as well? I know that for captains, things are moving slowly on the Boeing side.

asianeagle
15th Apr 2016, 11:24
Was this for FOs on the Boeing as well? I know that for captains, things are moving slowly on the Boeing side.

My impression was, all Boeing into hold pool. But to be honest I was more interested in the Airbus deal, so may have missed the info.

Sallytraffic
15th Apr 2016, 12:48
Are they taking any Boeing guys and putting them on Airbus?

Anyone who's been recently care to share any info about the assessment??

Been asking for weeks, no one wants to share any info!!

asianeagle
15th Apr 2016, 13:32
]Are they taking any Boeing guys and putting them on Airbus?

don't think so but can't be sure.

Anyone who's been recently care to share any info about the assessment??

Send in online app, they then ask for your CV etc and get you to do an online fruit loop test!
Once done you get an invite, assuming you not fruit loop, to Doha.
Day 1 is a HR briefing on salaries and benefits etc, then all do a 1 hour 50 question multiple choice tech exam, which is non type specific and covers anything you might have done in your Comm ATPL exams.

IF.. you pass that you get to go for interview with 2 pilots. Questions cover non type specific events in your flying career where they like you to give as much detail as possible. i.e., did you ever fly with a difficult captain and how did you handle it.

Not everyone got through this bit, but if you do, you get invited to sim check next day.

This could be in 777 for Boeing people or 320 for Airbus.
If you NTR you seem to fly a different scenario to TR who it would seem really had a good workout with failures TCAS' etc.
NTR, for me at least was all raw data manoeuvres followed by a sick pax scenario after take off.

No feed back from sim guys allowed, I guess we get the 'don't phone us we'll phone you' in a couple of weeks.

Tip, if you paperwork or logbook is not perfect, you get binned straight away, no tech quiz no interview.

EagleA25
19th Apr 2016, 16:06
Hey everyone

I've heared that the online Loony Test has become harder every month to pass; how did some of you guys prepare for that one?
Thnx in advance for all the replies

TypeIV
19th Apr 2016, 16:43
What's the Loony test?

Crashlanding
19th Apr 2016, 16:58
I did the pats test last week, normal psychometric test, and a quick verbal reasoning and quick pattern recognition.

Both the verbal and pattern recognition it gives you a sample test to try

asianeagle
19th Apr 2016, 21:33
They are now advertising for "Cargo" Captains and FOs on 777 and 330. Strange to hear that lots of you are still in hold pool and waiting when they are still recruiting. Are they actually operating split pax / cargo operations?

CP

We were told, on 10 April by HR rep at interviews that if you join you do both, Cargo and Pax.

LeGu
20th Apr 2016, 00:38
I got an email from qr career saying that testpartnership will send me an email for the personality test.
Normally, how long does it take to get this email from testpartnership?
Regards

A320 Driver
20th Apr 2016, 07:10
I got an email from qr career saying that testpartnership will send me an email for the personality test.
Normally, how long does it take to get this email from testpartnership?
Regards

I received mine altogether.

casablanca
20th Apr 2016, 07:28
As for now the 777/330 fleets do both cargo and Passenger operations. The passenger flights are normally the bigger portion of your schedule.....but can expect about 1 cargo flight per month. I believe they are seriously looking at splitting the operations, although not sure why?

LeGu
20th Apr 2016, 07:33
I received mine altogether.

Oh ok, thanks.
I'll write to partnership in that case
Happy landings

asianeagle
20th Apr 2016, 19:01
Can anyone ( Casablanca???) give me an idea as to what a A320 skippers roster is like.
Just been offered the job, A320 skip..... but I am current A330 with current employer and need to see if there is a major difference in the lifestyle.

Thanks

casablanca
21st Apr 2016, 09:11
I know it varies...the 320 has some descent destinations, places like Maldives, Zanzibar, European destinations etc.....but they do a lot of short turn-around flights, and go to work much more often. It doesn't appear to be the fleet of choice. I've talked to few pilots who really aren't happy there. On the other hand I know numerous pilots flying 320 recently transferred to 350, so may just have to pay your dues for a couple of years?

j4mi3
22nd Apr 2016, 20:27
@asianeagle, please check ur pm. Thanks

Max please pm me as well? Thanks

VelocityNeverExceed
25th Apr 2016, 08:21
Intentionally left blank

jackaaviator
25th Apr 2016, 17:47
Did they interview you for the passenger or cargo side or both? Wondering if they've started the separation of the two fleets yet?? In any case, best of luck on your screening buddy.
Cheers

cosmiccomet
25th Apr 2016, 21:41
I was wondering what are going to be the contract difference between the cargo and the pax fleet pilots. There are again some rumors about EU bases for cargo pilots but the main fleet pilots are not going to be happy if they don't have the option to be based in EU.

CAT1
26th Apr 2016, 08:36
Personally I would be very surprised if they introduce seperate crews for the freighters. And as for foreign bases, that's just fantasy. It will never happen. The company likes to have complete control over your life. If you screw up (or even if they just think you might have screwed up) they like to be able to immediately put you on "log" (cancel your exit permit and stop your bank account.)

As for recruitment, there are problems with training, especially on 777/787: 18 trainers from the Boeing fleets have resigned from training over the last few months, so there is a nice backlog developing. As they show no interest in finding out why trainers are resigning, it's not likely to improve anytime soon.

FoxForce44
26th Apr 2016, 23:12
Pilots 320 rated are going lately to what fleet? 320 or 330?

casablanca
26th Apr 2016, 23:32
Saw an articles this morning in a local news outlet, that stated Qatar would be receiving 36 new airplanes in next 12 months!

casablanca
26th Apr 2016, 23:43
RE: Foxforce44

320 pilots can probably expect 320! However anything is possible, and recently flew with 320 rated pilot, assigned 320, but later changed to 330, then halfway through training was switched to 777?

JonyBGood
27th Apr 2016, 05:53
Hi guys

What about both online tests? I received an invitation today. Any tips for the tests? What kind of person do they want?

FoxForce44
27th Apr 2016, 16:06
Johny :

Be yourself, that is my advice. Do the test after a nice rest, after doing something relaxing, having a decent meal....then try it. With the e-mail there is a link for training, just one or two tests....but it's a good practice yet. Remember that on the training page only the 2 final tests are going to be applied on the real test. The personallity test, take your time ok?

I've tried to send you a PM, but maybe because of the "newbie status" i'm unable to!

Um abraço e boa sorte!

JonyBGood
27th Apr 2016, 16:17
Johny :

Be yourself, that is my advice. Do the test after a nice rest, after doing something relaxing, having a decent meal....then try it. With the e-mail there is a link for training, just one or two tests....but it's a good practice yet. Remember that on the training page only the 2 final tests are going to be applied on the real test. The personallity test, take your time ok?

I've tried to send you a PM, but maybe because of the "newbie status" i'm unable to!

Um abraço e boa sorte!

Obrigado FoxForce44

Ldggrup
28th Apr 2016, 22:07
When is your joining/ fleet?

Anyone with confirmed joining date?

Ldggrup
28th Apr 2016, 22:24
Join the whatsapp group of pilots who are joining

hello guys

anyone joining on the 19th june 2016 for the 777, please PM me

thincatblue
30th Apr 2016, 08:23
Good day all,
Does anyone know what the chances are of a 2nd interview - tripped up on the technical exam (it not that difficult but my advice is prepare well and cover as many questions as possible) Was told I can re- apply after 6 months? If there is anyone out there that suffered the same fate and was given a second chance, please reply so that I know it worth holding out and trying again?

asianeagle
30th Apr 2016, 10:17
They did say to us that if we failed any element of the interviews, we could reapply in 6 months:ok:

thincatblue
30th Apr 2016, 13:31
Thanks Asianeagle, same was told to me. I am hoping to hear of someone that actually got through the 2nd time around, did this happen to you?

asianeagle
30th Apr 2016, 15:57
Thanks Asianeagle, same was told to me. I am hoping to hear of someone that actually got through the 2nd time around, did this happen to you?

No buddy.. first time!
I never give anyone a second crack:}:ok:

TypeIV
30th Apr 2016, 20:00
There are people getting through on the second attempt don't worry.

A320 Driver
30th Apr 2016, 22:33
Good day all,
Does anyone know what the chances are of a 2nd interview - tripped up on the technical exam (it not that difficult but my advice is prepare well and cover as many questions as possible) Was told I can re- apply after 6 months? If there is anyone out there that suffered the same fate and was given a second chance, please reply so that I know it worth holding out and trying again?

I know a guy in the 3rd attempt.

Newcomer2
1st May 2016, 10:18
Hi guys!
I was wondering if someone on the 777 (or even 787) would be kind enough to share a typical roster? I'm not asking about flight numbers/destinations if you want to make sure to stay anonymous, I'm just asking for:

-number of trips per month
-number of days off in Doha
-max number of days off in a row
-flight hours per month

It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

330wanderer
2nd May 2016, 10:43
Hi all,anyone on the 330 willing to do the same for me please, it would be greatly appreciated!

Pm me if possible, many thanks!

mrudes21
2nd May 2016, 12:28
Hi guys, I just wanted to know if someone got any valuable information of when NTR SO/FO in the holding pool will start getting joining date . I saw on the forum that at the moment , it's mostly type rated guys on Boeing / airbus who got joining dates ! my question is to mainly guys like Casablanca and others who are on the spot and who might have valuable infos. Thanks in advance!!!

oneworld787
2nd May 2016, 20:11
NTR FO's are being taken from the pool. Exercise a bit more patience and you'll be fine (Y).

JonyBGood
2nd May 2016, 22:27
First step accomplished, I passed in their crazy online Psyco tests.

mrudes21
3rd May 2016, 06:06
Thanks oneworld 787 for your advice and for your patience for replying to the message . Cheers .

Huw Jorgan
5th May 2016, 09:01
Yes, if your rated normally an OCC, Operators Conversion Course, if not, an STC, Standard Transition Course. Less sim and line training on the former, online in a month or so if things running smoothly.

Paper Lad
8th May 2016, 19:22
This may not help the people in the pool.....

Qatar Airways cuts flights due to aircraft shortage - Doha News (http://dohanews.co/qatar-airways-cuts-flights-due-to-aircraft-shortage/)

JonyBGood
8th May 2016, 23:43
This may not help the people in the pool.....

Qatar Airways cuts flights due to aircraft shortage - Doha News (http://dohanews.co/qatar-airways-cuts-flights-due-to-aircraft-shortage/)

Anyway, today i received an email from them inviting me for an interview in July...

Huw Jorgan
9th May 2016, 11:48
More likely lack of 777 crew, none of those routes are small body.

casablanca
9th May 2016, 13:32
Appears to be caused by the A350 delay.....the 777 has been covering some routes normally operated by 350 like PHL, some FRA, and saw flights next month to Singapore

TopGun 24
10th May 2016, 08:00
[QUOTE=JonyBGood;9364033]First step accomplished, I passed in their crazy online Psyco tests.[

Hi Johny. Congrats on the first step...I have got an email for QR psychology n cognitive tests...could you pm me any leads please....thnx
TopGun 24

Nicko1986
10th May 2016, 16:50
Hi Guys,

I applied to attend the FO Airbus-Istanbul roadshow event last month, and instead received an invite to do the pre online selection testing (Psych and Cognitive)

I have now passed the Psych test last week and was advised to go onto the "Advanced Candidate zone" to complete the Flight Deck information section of my profile. As of yet I have not received any further instructions on what else to do.....is this the same for you guys who have also just passed the Psych testing?

Thanks in advance.

tonker
12th May 2016, 09:26
Hello all

I've had an application in since January with just a receipt of application email. I've got 11 years worth of 737 time and 4 in command. Has anyone with short haul experience been called recently?

Regards Tonker

TopGun 24
16th May 2016, 01:06
Hi Nico 1986,
I've got an invite to do the psychometric assessment. Can u kindly pm me how yours went and any tips on the same?
Thank you,
TopGun 24

1013 std
16th May 2016, 06:27
Hi what must we score for the psycho test

Valmont
16th May 2016, 19:06
How long after the psycho assessment do you get an answer ?
Did mine today, wasn't easy to say the least. I didn't prepare for it and I must confess I can't wait to have an answer.

Nicko1986
17th May 2016, 09:58
Hi, Valmont,

I find out the following day that I had passed my Psych test, which was 12 days ago. I am now waiting to hear from QR.....

1013 std
19th May 2016, 03:41
Hi All
Can anybody tell me how long it would take to an fleet transfer from a320 to 330 or 777 for Captains

msian1147
19th May 2016, 17:26
Hi all

Can anyone share a typical B777 roster? I could only find the old ones dated 2012-13

Thanks in advance

titto
21st May 2016, 05:16
Hi All,

Did any of the second officers in the pool got a joining date for September?

Thanks

mrudes21
21st May 2016, 06:35
Hi titto, hope u well ! So far on my side , I'm still holding ! Did you get any date in September ? If yes , can you share which fleet you on ? Thanks mate !

flyingpilot89
21st May 2016, 10:07
Hi,

any FO going for an interview this june/july/august?? PM me

Soumneal
23rd May 2016, 07:52
Hey people. Just got my invitation from Qatar for the assessment in 2nd and 3rd June in Doha. They require to ask for four days off from work in order to spend 2 full days. First day, as a colleauge has previously stated, briefing about the company, benefits and sallaries, then technical exam and an interview. The second day was, according to the e-mail i recieved consisting on the sim work.

I'd like to dust off my overall knowledge before the tech exam. Could anyone be kind to suggest an e-book or pdf which covers these ATPL knowledge in a summarized fashion?

Thanks.

Nicko1986
23rd May 2016, 12:38
Hi, Soumneal,

How long did you wait between passing your Psych test to receiving an interview invite?
I passed my Pysch test nearly 3 weeks ago and nothing from QR as of yet.....

Thanks.

Ldggrup
23rd May 2016, 19:16
Hi.. Is anyone living in company accommodation? Can anyone give high light about it? Is it ture that you need to be back in your apartment 12 hrs before the flight??

Do they monitor you when you stay at company accommodation

BDD
23rd May 2016, 20:12
That's only for cabin crew.

BDD

Soumneal
24th May 2016, 05:26
Hi, Soumneal,

How long did you wait between passing your Psych test to receiving an interview invite?
I passed my Pysch test nearly 3 weeks ago and nothing from QR as of yet.....

Thanks.

Hi, Nicko. I have received the test on Wednesday and submitted it on Friday. The invitation e-mail asking if i would be able to attend the meetings on 2nd and 3rd June in Doha was on Monday, which was yesterday. They haven't told me anything about the transportation and accomodation during these two days, yet.

For the record, the dates were 18th, 20th and 23rd May, respectively.

mcp_speed
24th May 2016, 11:52
Any NTR Second Officers in the pool who have got the joining date recently?Kindly share the interview date too.Thanks inadavnce

Black Pudding
26th May 2016, 09:47
They haven't told me anything about the transportation and accomodation during these two days, yet

Soumneal

I think you will be collected from the airport, transported to and from all events. Hotel is very nice. Nothing to worry about.

I suggest you get lots of rest as if you get to the sim stage, it could be at anytime including middle of the night.

Enjoy and good luck.

igig
26th May 2016, 11:29
Is Amiri Flight operated within Qatar Ops or a separate division?

1013 std
26th May 2016, 13:38
Got an Invitation17th 18th August

Nicko1986
1st Jun 2016, 09:04
I have an Invitation for 31st August/1st September, anyone else?

VelocityNeverExceed
1st Jun 2016, 19:51
Intentionally left blank

1013 std
1st Jun 2016, 22:37
Nicko any news about invitation to istanbul

Nicko1986
2nd Jun 2016, 11:57
Hi 1013 std,

I applied for the Istanbul roadshow. However, I ended up getting an invite to complete the psych testing and now I've been given an invitation for the selection in Doha (FO Airbus). I did have an application pending a few months ago for the FO Airbus position, so it seems they have just proceeded with that.

Mili86
6th Jun 2016, 20:29
QR has just posted a new vacancy as NON RATED FO,,, But among the min. Req. it says rated on EMB. Family or Fokker100....what that suppose to mean ? Why do they need F100 or Emb. Pilots ? Are they going to purchase Emb. ?

254HEAVY
7th Jun 2016, 05:58
Could be they are targeting/ luring Kenya Airways pilots as they have the highest EMB pilots in Africa and also the airline isn't going well. Those requirements are very specific!

I stand corrected.

A320CaptDav
7th Jun 2016, 15:46
Could be building a pool of pilots if they decide on acquiring EMB as replacement for the NEO's???

Rodolfo
9th Jun 2016, 02:59
In my opinion, it's not a new acquisition issue.
Facing the "pilot shortage" (?), probably they are realizing that ERJs aren't so different from 320s and 737s to operate, and its pilots have similar experience, then they could consider Embraer pilots.
They (EJets) are not as heavy, but are even longer than the Airbus 319 and 737-700 and have almost the same length as the A320. (38.7 m).
They have newer avionics, fly similar routes (yes, with less endurance), use the same infrastructure, etc.
In my point of view, these Embraer Jets are "regional" only in the name.
*My opinion*

striker26
9th Jun 2016, 14:08
It's also a HR/Marketing decision, might as well scoop up experienced jet time pilots because im sure the airlines are receiving greater # of applications with candidates who have the minimum. With their EMB experience, they'll end up at one of the ME carriers anyway, QR trying to get ahead...

Max Sterling
9th Jun 2016, 15:06
I was told during QR presentation that you can get 4 days off straight in a month. Additionally, you can bid for another 2 days so that you can get a total of 6 days off straight in a month.

Is that true that you can get this off days every month? If true then it is possible to commute every month back to your home country. Can anyone confirm on this? Thanks a lot.

APU_inop
9th Jun 2016, 18:47
At the moment the guys on 777 tend to get it but they say that it might not last for ever. Don't join counting on it. Still great rosters given at the moment in QR.

WrldWide
10th Jun 2016, 06:25
Max Sterling,
What APU said....am on the t7 and my roster mostly allows 6 in a row but not always. "Commuting" is determined by how far away/popular your home country is from Doha. SEA is a long way, I know a guy that does that but it is with great stain. And keep in mind that maintaining a primary residence in the US and spending more than 30 cumulative days a year of personal time in the US will likely negate your tax benefit.

gatbusdriver
10th Jun 2016, 21:30
QCAA medical done after selection (as is government medical)

Housing is fine as long as you do not have a wife

Yes to GCAA licence. You will do air law exam here.

I would say unlikely if Boeing rated, but never say never, it depends on demand at the time.

Time to command is running around about 5 years.

Regards

GBD

gatbusdriver
11th Jun 2016, 06:39
I had a letter confirming I had left my previous company but they did not ask to see it.

I personally have a great social life here. Good friends combined with a positive attitude work for me. You can be miserable anywhere if you work at it!

Ldggrup
11th Jun 2016, 07:51
I hear everyone joining now is getting permanent accommodation for company. And company says you can put in request to move out after joining. Anyone knows how long it takes to move out of company accommodation and start taking cash

Crashlanding
11th Jun 2016, 12:20
GBD can I just check, is it a GCAA license or a QCAA.

I already have a GCAA issued in Dxb

Cheers in advance

Global_Global
12th Jun 2016, 10:37
I hear everyone joining now is getting permanent accommodation for company. And company says you can put in request to move out after joining. Anyone knows how long it takes to move out of company accommodation and start taking cash

Any feedback on this? I would like to know too. Also where is the current accommodation based at? I understand there is some new buildings available?

B737SFP
12th Jun 2016, 13:40
I have a friend (single) who got a 1 bedroom apt at the pearl.

The others (married) who joined in the past year all went to Mansoura or Ain Khalid Gate. Mostly to the first one!

Pearl or West Bay is the place to be. Unfortunately looks like there aren't many school choices nearby for those with little ones.

If you're going to a fleet with many turnarounds, living in the Pearl may be an issue because of daily jams. Can't remember if West Bay is too far from the airport.

Flying738ng
12th Jun 2016, 17:19
Hello
How is the al Sadd accommodation. I heard the apartment is big, but the compound is not that great

330wanderer
13th Jun 2016, 03:18
Hi there,
I'm joining in October on the 330 Fleet. Anyone able to share what the 330 rosters are like,PM me if you'd prefer.
Also,heard a rumour the 330 cargo fleet is being split to be a standalone fleet,anyone have any news on this?
Thanks in advance

Scuderia46
14th Jun 2016, 14:52
Hi there,
I'm joining in October on the 330 Fleet. Anyone able to share what the 330 rosters are like,PM me if you'd prefer.
Also,heard a rumour the 330 cargo fleet is being split to be a standalone fleet,anyone have any news on this?
Thanks in advance

You're joining but have no idea what the rosters are like? That's something you need to figure out BEFORE you join. Good luck.. ( you will need it )

Obbie
15th Jun 2016, 09:38
I know, I can't believe what I have been reading on here lately.
It appears a big wave of complete idiots will be arriving here soon.

SeGa13
15th Jun 2016, 11:32
Hi guys!
I was wondering if someone on the 777 (or even 787) would be kind enough to share a typical roster? I'm not asking about flight numbers/destinations if you want to make sure to stay anonymous, I'm just asking for:

-number of trips per month
-number of days off in Doha
-max number of days off in a row
-flight hours per month

It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
-7 trips a month
-8-10 days off (can be in Doha or down route)
-max days off in a row I'm Doha is 4 (can be tied up with days off through bidding)
-Average flight hours about 100 hrs (logged hours about 60-70 hrs)

asianeagle
15th Jun 2016, 12:59

awesome, look forward to flying with you soon...:rolleyes:

Rodolfo
16th Jun 2016, 16:13
Hi guys.

I've just received an invitation to perform the Psychometric Assessment online (NTR F/O).

There are any tips about it that you guys can give me?
I read something about pratice a lot, but how?
There is any sample test? I didn't found it.

Thanks a lot

APU_inop
16th Jun 2016, 16:39
You have some sample questions before the attempt.

My only advice is to stay cool and calm but determined, I think I answered wrong on a majority of the questions, still I passed even though me being average to slightly below average intelligent ;-)

Rodolfo
16th Jun 2016, 16:42
You have some sample questions before the attempt.

My only advice is to stay cool and calm but determined, I think I answered wrong on a majority of the questions, still I passed even though me being average to slightly below average intelligent ;-)
Thank you, APU ;-)

1013 std
16th Jun 2016, 17:25
Hi guys can anybody tell me what is an A320 capt.roster like .
There are such old information .And what is the chance of fleet transfer condition time etc.
Thank you in advance.

1013 std
16th Jun 2016, 17:27
I know, I can't believe what I have been reading on here lately.

So be so kind and tell me please a typical A320 capt.roster

1013 std
16th Jun 2016, 17:28
awesome, look forward to flying with you soon...:rolleyes:

:) maybe he will fly with me

330wanderer
17th Jun 2016, 12:42
So nice to look forward to guys like "Obbie", can't wait...
Is anyone out there willing to share a typical 330 roster please?

Aamir320
17th Jun 2016, 15:10
can anyone tell me if days off in block is realistic for a new F0 A320 or can i plan on living in doha. thinking to bring my wife or try and commute home

thanks

BR-Pilot
17th Jun 2016, 18:12
Hi folks,

Anyone kind enough to PM me a Boeing FO (T7 or 787) sample roster ?
Thanks in advance.

For those dealing with the personality and cognitive tests, just google'em (you got the test names in the e-mail). There's a plenty of 'how-to-do's and sample tests online. Good luck!

Regards to all.

A320 Driver
18th Jun 2016, 03:02
Guys, no one will share a roster in a place like pprune, forget it.

lfbb
18th Jun 2016, 05:45
Asking about one's roster is no use, all depends on what you bid for.... Some people bid for turnaround flights to be home more often with the family, others for layovers, others night flights, etc.... So as said before, no one will post a roster here and even if someone did it would have no use at all.
Best luck.

alkor
18th Jun 2016, 08:33
I heard that some guys combine their off days with their leave....so they manage to kinda commute home for a week every month???
Is this really possible? A320 fleet.

Cheers,
a

lfbb
18th Jun 2016, 10:33
42 days leave every year, you can break up to blocks of 6 days, at the end of each block a day off is always granted adding up to a total of 7 days... Depending on your bid and your luck you can easily add up to 5 to 6 days before or after the leave, it is not unusual. Counting on that to live a commuting life will probably make your experience frustrating at QR, but there are people doing it.

330wanderer
20th Jun 2016, 08:45
Many thanks for the candid and useful reply lfbb, it is much appreciated. Certainly looking forward to working with someone like yourself.

Rodolfo
21st Jun 2016, 15:44
What is "HPL Certificate"?
They are requesting this on the FORM for advanced candidates.

Crashlanding
21st Jun 2016, 17:31
HPL,human performance and limitations, if you have Jar/easa, gcaa and a few others you will not have a HPL cert.

Some licences do the HPL as a separate to the license.

Rodolfo
22nd Jun 2016, 00:38
HPL,human performance and limitations, if you have Jar/easa, gcaa and a few others you will not have a HPL cert.

Some licences do the HPL as a separate to the license.
Oh... Ok.

Thanks

It's a required info in the form... I put the same as my medical certificate.

Metzeler
23rd Jun 2016, 19:53
Hello guys!

Yesterday I did the psychometric/ cognitive test and today I received an email asking to complete a online form, so I think that I've passed on the first test.

I just wanna some guide to know what is good to study now, since I signed up the latestpilotjobs and read a lot of comments that the questions are not updated!
Can you guys help me?

thks! :)

Just_landed
24th Jun 2016, 14:20
hello good people,
this is salary package from one of my friends who has been selected and awaiting LOI soon. (most authentic and latest so far i assume, hence sharing it):

Captain:
Basic: 32550 QAR
Housing : 15000 QAR
Utilities : 300 QAR
Transportation : 1500 QAR
Flight pay : 138 x 70 : 9660 QAR
Telephone : 33 QAR
TOTAL : 59043 QAR/MONTH

F/O:
Basic : 22575 QAR
Housing : 13000 QAR
Flight pay : 104 X 70 : 7280 QAR
TOTAL : 44688 QAR/ MONTH

SFI :
Basic: 32550 QAR
Housing : 15000 QAR
Flight pay : 0
SFI allowance : 3000 QAR
SIM allowance : 966 x 15 (per sim) : 14490 QAR
TOTAL : 66873 QAR/MONTH

CHEERS!!!

Chocks Away
24th Jun 2016, 15:52
Thanks for those figures.
Not bad but a fair bit less than SV, especially Capts.
(777 fleet I assume?)

Just_landed
24th Jun 2016, 17:50
Thanks for those figures.
Not bad but a fair bit less than SV, especially Capts.
(777 fleet I assume?)
he hasn't been told yet, but he is boeing driver.

ptr120
29th Jun 2016, 16:01
What can I expect in terms of accommodation? I've been offered a non-flying role which includes company accommodation (normally a 3 bed apartment) or an allowance. The trouble is it seems that I need to choose now, without knowing what or where they will allocate me. From the research I've done I don't think I'd get much for the allowance that is on offer if I chose to go that route.

mmorel
30th Jun 2016, 13:40
Does anyone how much do they pay if you fly on your off days and is this normal?

APU_inop
30th Jun 2016, 13:45
mmorel

At the moment the rosters are extremely stable. Out of many people I know there, one was called out from a standby after a year or two with the company. It's nothing like the loco's with minimum crew factor-nonsense. Of course you never know if it the prevailing conditions will last forever...

mmorel
30th Jun 2016, 14:19
Thanks APU

zero/zero
30th Jun 2016, 19:07
Any of the non-TR EMB190 etc guys heard anything yet? Mine shows as screened, but nothing heard. Guessing that's bad news

1013 std
30th Jun 2016, 19:19
Hi Guys can anybody tell me about fleet transfer how long it will appr.take for direct entry Captains
Thank you

APU_inop
30th Jun 2016, 19:43
Probably depends on from what fleet to which. I was told it will take some time...

Rodolfo
1st Jul 2016, 00:04
Any of the non-TR EMB190 etc guys heard anything yet? Mine shows as screened, but nothing heard. Guessing that's bad news
I've just checked my Applicant page.
The status is: Interview Schedule Pending
I did the Personality Questionnaire and the Two Cognitive Tests. After that, I received an email with an approval for the next steps. I filled out all information necessary on their webpage. I'm waiting.

Flyness
1st Jul 2016, 13:36
I've just checked my Applicant page.
The status is: Interview Schedule Pending
I did the Personality Questionnaire and the Two Cognitive Tests. After that, I received an email with an approval for the next steps. I filled out all information necessary on their webpage. I'm waiting.
Hi Rodolfo,

I am about to apply to QT. Any tip on how to prepare for the Personality & Cognitive tests?
How long did it take before you got an answer after you applied.

Thanks.

myriakephalon
1st Jul 2016, 13:48
there are explanations of application status codes in FAQ section of careers website."screened" means unqualified.

zero/zero
1st Jul 2016, 19:47
there are explanations of application status codes in FAQ section of careers website."screened" means unqualified.

Didn't spot that... thanks

bringbackthe80s
2nd Jul 2016, 13:03
And if you are an A320 capt ~8000 hrs, applying for an airbus rated DEC position means automatically you' ll end up on the 320? Or are there any cases whn people get long haul straight away?

Thanks

Stallone
2nd Jul 2016, 15:36
wow, it seems that QR is now a better place to work than EK n "Eee Wai" eh?

JALOK
2nd Jul 2016, 18:50
Hi
Any second officers appeared interview after may 2015?if any one got joining please share.
Thanks

Rodolfo
2nd Jul 2016, 18:56
Hi Rodolfo,

I am about to apply to QT. Any tip on how to prepare for the Personality & Cognitive tests?
How long did it take before you got an answer after you applied.

Thanks.
Hi Flyness

The Cognitive tests are like QI test, but with time to response. You must be quickly. They provide an example before you start, but is easier than the real one.
The personality test are questions about you. Be careful because some questions are asked twice or more, and you may fall in a trap - responding in different way.

I received the invite to these online test like 2 or 3 weeks after my application.

Good luck.

BoeingCP737
4th Jul 2016, 14:12
Did the Online tests, received an email states Advanced candidate, filled and sent the form. Anybody knows what is the aprox time they send any info about the interview schedule?

Thanks everybody for your time and help.

ivaio
6th Jul 2016, 12:06
wow, it seems that QR is now a better place to work than EK n "Eee Wai" eh?

?????

In terms of what? Don't get me wrong, just curious why you think so.

A320CaptDav
6th Jul 2016, 13:34
Caz of a better schedule which means a better lifestyle/health ...

ditchfail
8th Jul 2016, 20:53
Hey boeingcp737 would you please share some info about the online test.

How many test, what about, did you practice or prepare before?

Any info would be great feel free to pm if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Caged
12th Jul 2016, 23:57
Hi
I digress a little from the original thread but cannot find any information through the search tab. I'm considering a job offer from Qatar and wasn't clear on one aspect. How do they support a pilot and his/her family's move to the country? I heard they give a complimentary 150kg allowance on their aircraft or offer a lump sum to make your own arrangements. If true, does anybody know what this lump payment offer is (or if it even exists)?
Frankly speaking for me with wife and a couple of kids 150kg won't get us very far at all!

Thanks in advance

APU_inop
13th Jul 2016, 18:30
According to their roadshow:

150kg self 150kg wife 50kg per child on QR cargo.
50% of above if on another airline but must be airline cargo and not DHL, FEDEX etc normal freight forwarding (which is not accepted)

When quitting, you get 50kgs more per person I think on the way back.

Caged
14th Jul 2016, 02:00
Thanks APU,

Anybody have any idea of the current housing situation. What are they offering FO's at the moment? I asked during interview and was told it would be an apartment but not much more info than that in terms of location, size etc.

Any info appreciated

7oodaz
14th Jul 2016, 09:39
Guys i applied for the position boeing typerated F/O a year ago and i failed the psychometric, now im trying to reapply again but there is something wrong with the website it tells me :
Login Confirmation

Your application for this vacancy is being considered. In order to ensure fairness in your application you are now unable to update your details.

and when i go to applications there is no new application opened .
what can i do ? :(

rishi
16th Jul 2016, 02:30
Hello Rodlofo
My status is same as you.Interview schedule pending.Keep in touch.Happy landings

Avsoc1
17th Jul 2016, 11:25
He guys

Quick question how long does it usually take to get a response after the psychometric tests and will it show if you are successful or not

Tofightandwin
17th Jul 2016, 12:18
Hi All,
Just a couple of random questions: Can anyone tell me if company provided accommodation in Porto Arabia, The Pearl, comes furnished? If not, is there a furniture allowance? What sort of furniture allowance does QA offer?
Thanks.

Tofightandwin
17th Jul 2016, 12:20
Just one more:
I heard QA protects a certain percentage of your income from currency fluctuations. Can anyone comment and/or provide more info about pay and conditions?
Thanks.

Jetkopite
17th Jul 2016, 12:52
Hey folks does anyone know what restrictions there are in terms of joining Qatar Airways from the other boys up the road in the UAE? Is there still a poaching agreement in place?? Thanks.

Pulkdahulk
17th Jul 2016, 14:46
Hey folks does anyone know what restrictions there are in terms of joining Qatar Airways from the other boys up the road in the UAE? Is there still a poaching agreement in place?? Thanks.

No poaching agreement, couple of guys have switched and joined QR from there. Go ahead and apply.

Jetkopite
17th Jul 2016, 16:09
Are you sure there is none in place? I heard 1 year/ 6 mnths??? I will apply and see what happens.. Inshallah !!!!

Bridge55
17th Jul 2016, 22:24
Hi All,

First post on pprune. Recently went to doha for interview and was put on the hold file few days later. Guy flying 767 got a decemeber joining date.. I am on the NG. Are they favoring 767 guys?

Anyone recently been put on the hold file? The HR guy said they need 600 pilots, but looks like they have been saying that for couple years when you read through here!

Bridge

Crashlanding
18th Jul 2016, 14:37
Hi All,

First post on pprune. Recently went to doha for interview and was put on the hold file few days later. Guy flying 767 got a decemeber joining date.. I am on the NG. Are they favoring 767 guys?

Anyone recently been put on the hold file? The HR guy said they need 600 pilots, but looks like they have been saying that for couple years when you read through here!

Bridge

I went in the hold pool one month ago, also NG, and in the Middle East already. I think it's just sit tight

APU_inop
18th Jul 2016, 18:19
How many hours have you got? The ones I know with a couple of thousand hours got their start dates this year already.

Jetkopite
18th Jul 2016, 20:32
Well apparently its 12 months wait after you leave EK before you can apply to QR which is a joke really but what to do?? Ridiculous how we cant use free will as humans to work where we want with these pathetic restrictions..

Bridge55
18th Jul 2016, 21:09
How many hours have you got? The ones I know with a couple of thousand hours got their start dates this year already.

Hi Apu inop... 4300, 1500 NG

Clarence Over
20th Jul 2016, 08:31
Hi All,

I've been accepted for a 777 slot starting later this year, if anyone has some info for me it'd be great to get some feed back.

I've had a good look at some of the FO rosters and they look quite intense, certainly a lot more than what I previously flew in long haul. Are they as hard as they look? Does it get any better as a captain? (I believe the rostered P1 logs the whole flight?)

I'm quite young still at 35 and my sums show I need to do at least 15 years before I can contemplate retiring. How many guys make it that far? Anecdotally it seems most seem to reach their fill after 8-10 years

CALLE13
20th Jul 2016, 18:24
how long does it take to get the interview invitation since you do the tests??

APU_inop
20th Jul 2016, 18:26
If I recall correctly, they don't give you a starting day according to time entering the pool,
You get a start date depending on your previous experience and how well you did on the interview. It's not only a pass/no pass, you get graded by the assessors hence why some people get a date shortly after the interview and some have to wait for a year.

CALLE13
20th Jul 2016, 21:09
Thanks, I guess I have to wait!!

Pulkdahulk
21st Jul 2016, 06:05
Was anyone who applied for NTR been in invited for november 14 y 15?

There were sixteen of us few days prior, got the pass two weeks later and joining date 2 months post that. Hope that helps

FoxForce44
21st Jul 2016, 20:52
They're requiring 6 months of the type rating validity before the DOJ. Be careful with it before quitting boyz....

A320CaptDav
21st Jul 2016, 21:31
The website says 18 months since last flight on type as long as you have an LPC

APU_inop
22nd Jul 2016, 06:01
Lpc must be valid for more than 6 months when joining

Cuillin Hills
22nd Jul 2016, 08:32
As others have said - be very careful as to meeting their requirements when you decide to put your notice in to your current employer.

Even the joining e-mails are vague in this respect. You need to ask the right questions to the joining team. I am thinking, in particular, of licence currency (LPC - they don't seem to be aware of ATQP in Europe where the IR is signed every 12 months) and release letter from employer (very vague on the e-mails).

Particularly relevant if they give you a start date that is just over your notice period to current employer.

Welcome to the Middle East.

Rodolfo
22nd Jul 2016, 22:54
Was anyone who applied for NTR been in invited for november 14 y 15?
Hi.

Received for 21th and 22nd of november. (NTR F/O)

1013 std
27th Jul 2016, 17:26
Got an invitation for 16th august so what should we study in general
What is the exam about and the sim anyone can give me some info.

CirrusCZ
28th Jul 2016, 09:30
Hi Folks,

may I ask is there any chance for NG rated FO to join Airbus fleet? If yes, what's the bond if any. I'm 3000h TT and 2700h NG.

Thank you.

BR-Pilot
29th Jul 2016, 02:27
Hi folks,

Anyone attending interview on sept 25/26th? (If positive, PM me). I've applied in June, made the online psychometric tests an got the invitation few days later. I'm 737NG F/O, 1.400 TT, 1.100 on type.

We could share some study material. I'm basically studying by EASA ATPL summaries and doing a lot of exercises (Latest Pilot Jobs interview gauge and The Airline Pilots.com).

Anyone with troubles dealing with all the paperwork? In advanced candidate site, it's required a "Copy of NOC - Qatar Airways Group Employees". Where can we get it?

Thanks and good luck for you all!

JALOK
29th Jul 2016, 14:38
Hi have you got a start date from QR yet?
Not yet brother. Interview was on July 2015 , candidates from June 2015 got joining date

jetjockey696
30th Jul 2016, 08:32
Hi guys.. anyone completed the skype interview with HR recently? I got invited for skype interview.. What are they asking???

faresjouini
30th Jul 2016, 15:27
Hi folks,

Anyone kind enough to PM me a Boeing FO (T7 or 787) sample roster ?
Thanks in advance.

For those dealing with the personality and cognitive tests, just google'em (you got the test names in the e-mail). There's a plenty of 'how-to-do's and sample tests online. Good luck!

Regards to all.
hi mate !
I will receive the personality and cognitive test soon ! want some tips ! how can I pm ! thank you

BoeingCP737
30th Jul 2016, 21:03
Tell about you. Why Qr? Normal questions on skype a friend told me.

faresjouini
31st Jul 2016, 11:49
hey folks !
i see some of you talking abt the skype interview !
is there a skype interview for pilot screening after finishing the online personality test ????? if yes , is it for SO F/O and captain ? thanks for replying and sharing infos about it !

BR-Pilot
31st Jul 2016, 13:04
hi mate !
I will receive the personality and cognitive test soon ! want some tips ! how can I pm ! thank you
Practice, practice, before you do the test. Try to get the logic on each one of them. I don't have the links here since I did it on my computer at home, but take the tests' names on the email you've received and google'em. There are plenty of websites with the test explanation, samples and free tests for training.

In the personality test, TELL THE TRUTH about yourself. Don't try to play a character. They'll ask you the same question in different manners along the test, so be consistent.

Good luck.

Clydedias23
1st Aug 2016, 21:00
Hi titto, hope you well ! So far on my side , I'm still holding ! Did you get any date in September ? If yes , can you share which fleet you on ? Thanks mate !
Hey can you PM me please. Have a few questions.

Bridge55
3rd Aug 2016, 10:41
Anyone else been put on hold file this year and recieved any news?

1013 std
3rd Aug 2016, 19:14
Hi guys can anyone give me spme tips what to study for the exam and sim check
Some study material or references for the written test in doha.
Thanks in advance

mcp_speed
4th Aug 2016, 11:15
For written Exam- Go through any JAA ATPL Question Bank online..latestpilotjobs.com,aviationexam.com,turbine turbine. etc. It will have 50 questions in 60 minutes.Interview will be a Non-Technical round with personality and situation based questions.For sim nothing extra if you have experience on Jets,just go through some training videos of emergency procedure videos on Youtube of different airlines.They expect you to demonstrate basic CRM,ILS OEI,normal ILS,EFATO,Weather diversion etc.Remeber to be stabilized at 1000 else go around strictly.They will fail you fly an unstabilised below 1000 approach no matter how good you landings are.Use you co-pilot and always communicate.

1013 std
4th Aug 2016, 16:55
For written Exam- Go through any JAA ATPL Question Bank online..latestpilotjobs.com,aviationexam.com,turbine turbine. etc. It will have 50 questions in 60 minutes.Interview will be a Non-Technical round with personality and situation based questions.For sim nothing extra if you have experience on Jets,just go through some training videos of emergency procedure videos on Youtube of different airlines.They expect you to demonstrate basic CRM,ILS OEI,normal ILS,EFATO,Weather diversion etc.Remeber to be stabilized at 1000 else go around strictly.They will fail you fly an unstabilised below 1000 approach no matter how good you landings are.Use you co-pilot and always communicate.

Thank you very much mcp trying hard with august schedule 100 hours block .Hope can sort it out
Thanks again for you reply

wannabepilot1991
7th Aug 2016, 08:10
Hey All,
I have been invited to the interview. could anyone pls guide me on what to wear for the interview. I have only one suit that I was thinking of wearing for the Interview. but Interview and sim check are on two consecutive days, so should I wear the same suit for the sim or should I wear my uniform (it doesn't have a coat) to the sim check. Dress code according to them is business attire.
Guys pls advice.

APU_inop
7th Aug 2016, 09:27
Get a suit or two you will need it during training. Buy something smart in a cool material. Read a little about fitting of a suit on fashion sites and then decide. Don't goto big famous brands such as Boss armani etc since they will sell you junk for the price of good quality clothing.

casablanca
7th Aug 2016, 10:19
Definitely a suit for interview.....if you don't have a second one can try a different shirt/ tie.
As far as sim check probably different group of evaluators so they won't know or care....I wouldn't wear your uniform though as can't say I have ever seen that......normally see candidates wearing suit. Better to show up overdressed, if not required you take off tie and jacket.

Nicko1986
7th Aug 2016, 11:24
Hi Guys,

Anyone attending the 31AUG-1SEPT assessment, If so has anyone received any further details from QR?

FMSPEED
8th Aug 2016, 03:23
Hi guys! can anyone shed some lights regarding upgrade time at Qatar? And being a 330 rated, which fleet will I be allocated at? 330 ? Any chance to get the 350?

Regards FMSPEED

Bridge55
8th Aug 2016, 08:43
Hi Guys,

Anyone attending the 31AUG-1SEPT assessment, If so has anyone received any further details from QR?

Did mine in June.. Tickets came 3 weeks before assessment and some other forms to fill out few days prior.

faresjouini
9th Aug 2016, 14:26
Hi bro !!! Have you been invited for SO postion interview ?????

Clarence Over
10th Aug 2016, 17:00
Start date is in December, I don't know any others on the course.

Just seen your PM now, will reply to you there.

vulture30
13th Aug 2016, 20:33
@Pulkdahulk
are you typerated on 787/777 or 737?

vulture30
14th Aug 2016, 14:42
Type rated on 757

Thnx...
I was just wondering is there any hope for the 737 Captains as DEC position for 787 who are in the holding pool?

Papa_Golf
14th Aug 2016, 17:14
Hi folks, anybody attending the screening in Doha the 5-6 of September?

Nicko1986
15th Aug 2016, 09:40
Hi Guys,

Generally what fleet do you end up on if you are current on the A320. Do you always end up being allocated the A320 or do some get the A330 as well?

Cheers.

SkullFlyer
16th Aug 2016, 01:08
Thnx...
I was just wondering is there any hope for the 737 Captains as DEC position for 787 who are in the holding pool?

Unfortunately I heard that the chances are very small now. They are now giving preference mostly for 757/767 pilots to join the 777 or 787 fleet. When they apply, they receive an "Advanced Candidate" status.

PilotSchools
17th Aug 2016, 15:03
Momo95 did the flight school you graduated from offer any type of job placement or at least networking opportunities with previous grads? I wouldn't say money down the drain but definitley keep your options open if Qatar doesn't work out. I don't think anyone can guarantee a job but many flight schools have partnerships that at least get your foot in the door with a Conditional Letter of Hire or guaranteed interview. If not get in contact with grads from your school that have a job with an airline.

nishat29
21st Aug 2016, 23:08
Hi
Can anyone tell how hard it is to pass the selection process of Qatar Airways MPL program at CTC aviation? Will I start my training Immediately if I pass the selection process?
And I would also like to know about the dark side of this program.

Obbie
24th Aug 2016, 12:55
The force is weak in this one.....:ugh:

jjpm84
30th Aug 2016, 05:08
Hello everyone, I had qatar interview in july(2016) one week later I received an e-mail confirming I was approved, some days ago I received an other e-mail informing to me that I have been put in the hold pool. The other guys (had the interview on the same day) already received their doj, any of you in the same situation? How long are you waiting? I applied to Boeing, FO position. My type: B737. Total hours: 3300.

Che Xindamail
30th Aug 2016, 17:34
Day 1 you will get a Company presentation of QR and Doha, followed by a technical knowledge quiz, etc. This will take the whole morning and be followed by an interview with three company pilots which will last about 90 mins. If you are successful, you will be invited to do the simulator check the following day.

Day 2 Simulator. Quite straight forward and will require basic flying skills like pitch and power.

The whole process is very pleasant, friendly and courteous. Don't even think of not wearing a suit, regardless of OAT.

On your trip back home (in Business Class) you will realize that applying to Qatar Airways is the best decision you've made, career wise.

jon777
30th Aug 2016, 22:38
hello!! I am new here, I read a little and some of you were put in qatar talent pool, how long are you in? Anyone know how many first officers are in this list? talent pool means something went wrong in my application? Why only a part of approved pilots go to the pool?

volare_737
31st Aug 2016, 12:04
I see they have increased the currency requirement from 12 months to 18 moths for rated Captains. Cant they find enough applicants ?

iamanaussiemavrick
2nd Sep 2016, 07:24
Hi does QR hire Gulf air pilots ?

Also do they hire direct TRI on 320 ?

WrldWide
2nd Sep 2016, 15:53
Apply and see.

itssmano
2nd Sep 2016, 17:07
Hi,
I may be aksing a very repeated informatiom, but only in good sense to understand the actual scenario so as to apply or not. I am 737 NG FO with 2000 TT, looking for a career progression, global experience and good pay. At present with reputed international airline stable airline. 5 years or so to become eligible for command. In such a time frame, my idea is to find some money, fly over the world on a WB. So am looking at 5 years(to upgrade) in home nation at 5k to 6k/month vs 5 years or so in QR and upgrade. Can i seek some honest advise. We are only a couple for some more years. Thanks

Greenkiwi
3rd Sep 2016, 06:54
There is no more fleet specific application. Just Boeing or Airbus. I was told in my interview that they will be doing Direct Entry on to the A350 by the end of the year. I applied for F/O Airbus. Not sure if this will apply to Captains (spoke to a Captain friend that works there 4 days ago and he said the rumour is A350 DEC soon), the other 3 guys I interviewed with were Boeing.
Hi IBE8720 I have my assessment end of this month. You say 3 guys you interviewed with were Boeing so did you end up doing the Sim in A320 or 777?

Flyboy_SG
3rd Sep 2016, 14:01
@ Obbie Ref your post on 15th Jun 2016, 15:08

Weren't you one 10 years ago?? Did you land up on a widebody left seat straight out of flying club??
Get some life mate. Age and experience makes what we are today. We have to welcome juniors and look at them as our successors.

michaela74
5th Sep 2016, 15:46
Went to the presentation in Manchester last week. It was very well done and gave a very impresive picture for Qatar.
About the sim. We were told that there are no surprises. Airbus guys go to the Airbus sim and the Boeing guys go to the Boeing sim. They need about 600 pilots next year.
I have an interview date for the 23rd November. Anybody else?

Pulkdahulk
6th Sep 2016, 15:17
Hi everyone. I have a question for QR pilots - I've just been to the selection, and was impressed by QR. Would you please give me a bit of info about cost of living in Doha? I've googled, and its a bit generic. I'd like to know what a single guy could expect to pay monthly for a 2-bed apartment, price of a 4 yr old Landcruiser, and monthly outgoings...not planning to go clubbing but the odd pub lunch etc , socialize at home and go to the desert a bit. Maybe diving trips.

How much covers rent, car insurance/fuel, food, utilities, internet/phone, gym, and the odd pint? I've been told $3k a month should be ok, is this accurate?

Where would be a good place to live? I visited the Pearl when I was there, went to Westbay Beach but it was dark so didn't see much. Also, what are your thoughts about buying a property in Doha?

Thanks in advance!

Buddy, all new joiners have to stay in company accomodation which has now become mandatory. So house rental, electricity, water, utilities, Internet, gym all taken care over at the residence you are staying. More details I am sure can be passed on by guys who are there.

1900D Pilot
6th Sep 2016, 16:40
African Skies,

Could you send me a PM and leave your email address as I want to ask you a question
or two re. QR interview ?

Much appreciated.

Rigid Body
7th Sep 2016, 15:29
Hi Pulk and AfricanSkies, Is this a housing policy a recent change to the existing one (furnished accommodation with utilities paid up)? I always thought they ever only gave the allowance or you got a house but pretty much an empty shell with no further assistance with utilities.... What sort of units are these (villa or apartments)? And does one get a choice or is there a policy such as rank/family size that determines what one gets?

Pulkdahulk
7th Sep 2016, 16:50
@AfricanSkies - That would be wonderful news to hear then if its true.

When I did my interview, I was also told last year in Nov that we would either opt for a company rental or take the allowance. I am joining in December this year and my friends who are in the middle of their training had to take a mandatory company living and they could opt out but there is a long que for that. This would be a good news if its confirms true. I will get more info on it around November to confirm the same.

Pulkdahulk
7th Sep 2016, 16:55
@Rigid Body - I think those who were married were either going to Al khalid Gate or the Al Saad and the Single one maybe Pearl. It could be different, I don't know, just depends on where and what are the availabilities. The Utilities is paid for if you are with the company and i have heard brilliant things. Qatar takes good care once you are in their villas/apartments from Internet to Water, any problems with the house are all top notch services. Actions reports are duly taken up and made sure you are happy being there.

APU_inop
8th Sep 2016, 11:57
A couple of friends are in it with a couple of thousand hours on the 737. Seems like last year is repeating and start dates are being shifted forward.

striker26
8th Sep 2016, 15:16
Sorry to interrupt the housing discussion, just wanted to know if Qatar still does Mixed fleet flying (a320/321/330)?? What are the requirements/minimums for this and how does a typical month look like?

Thanks in advance!

soakingpilot
8th Sep 2016, 15:34
Any chance Qatar would look at an FO with ERJ 175 time only?

jjpm84
8th Sep 2016, 15:53
Hello, For those in talent pool I think it's import to post about your situation in this topic: http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/583672-qatar-talent-pool-fo.html

So we will have a better picture how qatar is managing the talent pool.

Rigid Body
9th Sep 2016, 01:54
@Pulk, Thanks very much for the info

aviatorMike
9th Sep 2016, 08:50
hello i think Pulkdahulk is right , we might get a accomodation in pearl , by the way joining 777 fo in december

APU_inop
9th Sep 2016, 12:22
I heard Pearl is pretty hard to get but this is old info

Rigid Body
9th Sep 2016, 12:37
Hi guys, does QR operate A330/A350 as SFF, or they are segregated as separate fleets?

asianeagle
9th Sep 2016, 15:01
When I asked them that directly during my interview... the guy laughed... "they are very different" was his reply. So no..they don't!

soakingpilot
9th Sep 2016, 15:07
Will a DUI misdemeanor 14 years ago while (22) but a perfectly clean flying record/no busts/failures etc end any chances I have of getting into Qatar? Its the only place I want to go.

vulture30
9th Sep 2016, 15:43
Unfortunately I heard that the chances are very small now. They are now giving preference mostly for 757/767 pilots to join the 777 or 787 fleet. When they apply, they receive an "Advanced Candidate" status.

how about rumors for the 737max's?

ExDubai
9th Sep 2016, 15:49
Will a DUI misdemeanor 14 years ago while (22) but a perfectly clean flying record/no busts/failures etc end any chances I have of getting into Qatar? Its the only place I want to go.
You'll get the same answers like in the other thread ;)

volare_737
10th Sep 2016, 02:49
Hi guys - maybe someone can help. I applied a while ago and did not have the currency on type, so my application was rejected. My currency has changed now, so I would like to give it a try again. When I try to log in - it says my application is under review and it does not let my go any further !!!! Any ideas ???????? Thanks

allatp
10th Sep 2016, 03:35
Hi, please shed some light on this:
Would it be better to take the company housing instead of the 15k allowance? I'm talking about cost versus benefit.
Thanks!!

gatbusdriver
10th Sep 2016, 05:45
If you have young family in school in Doha you have the benefit of choosing where you live with regards to schools as opposed to taking company accommodation. It also depends on what you want with regards to facilities. If you're willing to supplement the allowance, then for an extra QR2000/3000 you can have a very nice villa with gym, squash court, tennis court etc. On the flip side you can also find nice villas with limited facilities for around QR13,000 to QR14,000.

The other advantage of getting out of company accommodation is socialising with people outside of the industry. I don't like to talk shop too much during my days off!

Regards,

GBD

Pulkdahulk
10th Sep 2016, 10:52
Hi guys - maybe someone can help. I applied a while ago and did not have the currency on type, so my application was rejected. My currency has changed now, so I would like to give it a try again. When I try to log in - it says my application is under review and it does not let my go any further !!!! Any ideas ???????? Thanks

Volare - pretty simple. Apply with a different email id. Once you are in contact with HR and you are off to Doha for the interview, let them know to remove the reference number of the other one and state your reason at that time. They will remove it.

👍

allatp
11th Sep 2016, 14:06
If you have young family in school in Doha you have the benefit of choosing where you live with regards to schools as opposed to taking company accommodation. It also depends on what you want with regards to facilities. If you're willing to supplement the allowance, then for an extra QR2000/3000 you can have a very nice villa with gym, squash court, tennis court etc. On the flip side you can also find nice villas with limited facilities for around QR13,000 to QR14,000.

The other advantage of getting out of company accommodation is socialising with people outside of the industry. I don't like to talk shop too much during my days off!

Regards,

GBD
Gatbusdriver thanks a lot for the insight!!

one mile
11th Sep 2016, 18:37
do you know if QR will take you back if you have been terminated before?

dash8james
11th Sep 2016, 19:47
i have applied but got rejected because i did not meet the 1000 hours minimum requirement back then. however i have now more than 1000 hours on B767. But my login says i was unqualified and i cannot apply to the same job. Any of you know how does this work. how long i have to wait until i will be able to re-applyi ?

Southpole
12th Sep 2016, 00:02
One mile,

If someone got fired I doubt they are going to hire him back... It doesn't make any sense

Pulkdahulk
12th Sep 2016, 04:00
Ok from the PowerPoint that they did display during your introduction when you show up to Doha for housing allowance and plus doing some research to what's the inside story for over a few days, let's talk about what they showed you and then provide you with what's going on.

These possible scenarios (at company discretion). Details are to be provided at the time of joining

1) Fully Furnished Acc at the time of joining

2) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then fully furnished company acc

3) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then
Capt : 15,000 QAR allowance
FO: 13,000 QAR allowance

As per what's happening to all those that have joined in the last four months, option 1 was given mandatorily. You can opt out but it's a 1-1.5 year waiting period. I know of three four places - Ain Khalid Gate, Al Saad, Pearl, Holiday Village - what are the others, am sure others can fill in which I don't know personally.

Sukhoy
12th Sep 2016, 14:20
Hello all

Need some serious advice been offered the job with Qr and Ek but on different buses! I know it might look straight forward which choice would be obvious but I'm just doing my homework to see what is the best among the two. Iv heard qr rostering is better along with pay and other stuff am i right ?

I'm Single mid 20's working for a lcc in Europe

Cheers guys

aramcawy
12th Sep 2016, 22:22
Just received my interview dates on the 14th, 15th of Nov. I should have enough time to prepare. Any tips until then will be appreciated.

I have been navigating the thread for quite sometimes and would like to thank everyone equally for the contribution. It was a great help.

Thank you all and fly safe!

soakingpilot
13th Sep 2016, 00:43
so is that a yes or no?
what are the FO mins as well for people who are applying?

Black Pudding
13th Sep 2016, 12:49
soakingpilot

Simply apply and at an interview, be honest and ask. If you do not admit to it or bring it to their attention, it may be a problem sometime in the future. Honesty sometimes is a better option. I would just apply, nothing to lose.

The minimum requirements are on the recruitment web site

Make sure you go to the correct advert as there are some out of date job adverts on the web that allow you to apply, but they go no where as they are not current.

Search careers.qatarairways.com, then on that site search in Job Function Flight Deck Crew

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/vacancysearch.aspx

gatbusdriver
13th Sep 2016, 17:02
I have just flown with a relatively new joiner, he is looking to change company accommodation or leave it to live closer to the airport. He was told that they would only deal with one request at a time. He was also told that due to an excess of company accommodation he would have to wait around 6 months before being allowed to opt out. This comes with the standard caveats.........firstly I heard this from someone else,and secondly in this industry things change on a daily basis!

soakingpilot
13th Sep 2016, 20:31
Only problem with the honesty which i is what i was going to do anyways is that after they say no i basically have no flying career to look forward too. sux.

allatp
14th Sep 2016, 02:15
Ok from the PowerPoint that they did display during your introduction when you show up to Doha for housing allowance and plus doing some research to what's the inside story for over a few days, let's talk about what they showed you and then provide you with what's going on.

These possible scenarios (at company discretion). Details are to be provided at the time of joining

1) Fully Furnished Acc at the time of joining

2) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then fully furnished company acc

3) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then
Capt : 15,000 QAR allowance
FO: 13,000 QAR allowance

As per what's happening to all those that have joined in the last four months, option 1 was given mandatorily. You can opt out but it's a 1-1.5 year waiting period. I know of three four places - Ain Khalid Gate, Al Saad, Pearl, Holiday Village - what are the others, am sure others can fill in which I don't know personally.
Pulk thanks for the info!!

allatp
14th Sep 2016, 02:19
I have just flown with a relatively new joiner, he is looking to change company accommodation or leave it to live closer to the airport. He was told that they would only deal with one request at a time. He was also told that due to an excess of company accommodation he would have to wait around 6 months before being allowed to opt out. This comes with the standard caveats.........firstly I heard this from someone else,and secondly in this industry things change on a daily basis!
Understood, thanks a lot Gat!!

B737NG_Pilot
14th Sep 2016, 12:24
Are there any married pilots working in Qatar? How does the rostering system work in QATAR? Can we take off's together?

Is it advisable to give up command opportunity on the B737 and join on the B787/777 as P2

Black Pudding
14th Sep 2016, 16:44
soakingpilot

If you're not flying at the moment, then you have nothing to lose.

Simply apply and just answer truthfully the questions asked on the application, nothing more, nothing less. At interview, answer all questions truthfully. If they don't ask, don't tell.

Regards and good luck

777AV8R
14th Sep 2016, 20:50
Are there any married pilots working in Qatar? How does the rostering system work in QATAR? Can we take off's together?

Is it advisable to give up command opportunity on the B737 and join on the B787/777 as P2

It is never adviseable to give up a command and slide sideways. You learn nothing by giving up a command. Get some experience and you'll be able to get DEC to a good operation.

7Q Off
15th Sep 2016, 00:49

Never give up a command.

atpcliff
15th Sep 2016, 04:30
One mile,
If someone got fired I doubt they are going to hire him back... It doesn't make any sense

One of the regionals here in the US, just recently called all the pilots who had previously failed out of training...asking them if they wanted to come back in a new hire class...no interview required.

A sign of the Pilot Shortage getting worse and worse.

Luibar
15th Sep 2016, 11:18
Recently I flew with a FO that gave up his command 7 years ago to join a wide body operator with the promise to be made Captain as soon as possible. It was 7 years ago and the airline (a charter outfit) as gone bust shortly after he joined. He said it was the worst decision of his life giving up the command for the big jet syndrome.

All the best with your own decision.

Pulkdahulk
15th Sep 2016, 11:56
Look - there are 3 of us who gave up command on the 757 to join right seat on Qatar. We in fact cleared our assessments to command also. But that isn't the point. One guy joined them a year back, one is in training and I am coming there soon. Qatar is expanding like crazy and all three of us are leaving or have left our current company for experiences of flying the globe, to keep learning from the many amazing guys we will fly on the left seat so we are better equipped to handle that responsibility on the left when the time comes in 7-10 years and we are quite young in fact (29-30 yrs), so age is by our side. Each one of us have a different way of looking at things, and to be in for reasons we chose to, but the ultimate decision is yours and yours only - you need to ask - what do you truly want from Qatar or whichever airline you wanna join?

I am leaving a couple of professions behind and both have served me really well. Apart from being an aviator, a photographer and a film maker while being the top 10 vendor in the country, I would like to travel the world not just on the ID travels or crew privileges but to also attend workshops when i am on vacation so that I can keep learning from others and to keep growing, etc etc etc; Of course things may change as the industry continuously does but the passion is to fly and learn and be flexible about the whole thing.

Whatever is your passion or desire, follow that!

aramcawy
15th Sep 2016, 13:26
Pulkdahulk

You just spoke my mind! And you put it in words that I wouldn't have put better myself!

I am promised a command in my current employer (corporate) in a year or so in a B737-800w . But I know for a fact that the idea of not flying a wide body aircraft will haunt me for the rest my life.

I know the airline will squeeze every bit of my time and energy and thats fine; I am well prepared for that. However, I am expecting a lot in return in relation to my career (TRE/TRI, Safety, Training, etc)

I believe a pilot career and experience is not complete if he or she is has not worked for an airline. It will not make you any less of what you are but experience wise it is very tempting nowadays.

I hope my two cents was worth reading.

Southpole
15th Sep 2016, 19:44
All very nice, but NEVER GIVE UP A COMMAND.