PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

NewZealand2
28th Oct 2011, 06:15
Slightly off topic but could someone please clarify the following ...Are Auckland based cabin crew employed by Pacific Blue, or now Virgin Australia? or were they always employed under the Virgin group umbrella?

Back on topic...
Anyone applied for the recent Auckland base intake? (November recruitment days)?

Cheers,
NZ2

737opsguy
31st Oct 2011, 11:49
New Zealand based crew are with Pacific Blue whilst Australian based crew are with Virgin Australia for short-haul and V Australia for long-haul.

Interestingly the website now shows Recruiting for Cabin Crew in 4 bases (SYD, BNE, MEL, PER) and applications open for next 14 days.

Virgin Australia Recruitment: Attention (http://www.bfound.net/list.aspx?CoId=43&rq=9&country=4115)

baracci
1st Nov 2011, 23:56
Hi there,

Can anyone help me working out what the status of my Virgin application is. Before i log in if you look at opportunities it does not list melbourne, however when i sign in on bfound and click on the 'jobs' tab and then 'my applications' it lists Domestic Cabin Crew Melbourne under Applications Closed (1) stating it closed on the 28/10/2011 but now theres a new listing for Domestic Cabin Crew Melbourne under Recruiting Now (1) stating the applied date as 28/10/2011 then stating it was applied by Carla Cations.

I am very confused. Could this mean they have moved my application to recruitment on the 28/10/2011. Previous to the listing applicatiosn closed it said 'Accepting interest'.

Anyone see simliar notes on their application :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help.

flyawaywithva
2nd Nov 2011, 00:57
Does anyone have any updates on this? A lot (all?) of the international SYD applicants were called and offered domestic with the suggestion that SYD international ground school might not happen for another 12 months - any thoughts on this? In my opinion with all of the Qantas problems I think they'll be needing us sooner rather than later!

Tashopeful
2nd Nov 2011, 02:00
Hi Baracci,

My application status is exactly the same as yours!

I was sent an email yesterday by Virgin Recruitment asking me to complete the online assessment, did you get that too?

dream2flyaway
2nd Nov 2011, 02:50
Does anyone know how long the International Ground School goes for? Is it 5 weeks or 6 weeks?

Maybe someone remembers hearing the time frame at their Assessment Day??

alyssa
3rd Nov 2011, 09:01
I am only knew to this forum. Can someone explain to me how does one apply for VAustralia international? the website does not indicate to regisiter your interest for international only domestic.I am aware that there recruiting for domestic at the moment but I am not in a position to apply just yet. Can you please help.Many thanks.

alyssa
4th Nov 2011, 10:40
dreamtoflyaway,how and when did you apply for international? Do you have to apply for domestic first and then allocated to international? their website does not give you the option for interest to register for international so I am keen to know how the whole process works. Appreciate anyone's help on this.

VH-VOZ
4th Nov 2011, 21:22
Hey alyssa,

I applied for V Australia in June this year but never heard back regarding my application. So to answer your question, there was a separate job listing for V Australia cabin crew. Intake for international cabin crew is quite small however because there are no new aircraft coming on board as yet. So I applied for a domestic cabin crew position in late August and got the job this week.

If you're really keen on being international cabin crew, my advice would be to apply for the current domestic openings now and try for an internal transfer further down the track. You'll have your foot in the door with the company, so your chances of getting it will be much higher that way.

JennyS
5th Nov 2011, 04:12
Hi Baracci.
I have the same same thing on mine. I did an on line test on Tuesday and they where supposed to get back to me yesterday but I haven't heard anything. My bfound page is still the same. I'm so confused I'm not sure if I'll have an interview next week now. I'm ex Emirates crew so have experience and I've worked for a other airline before that. Very stressed. I will be so upset if I don't get VA as I don't want to work for any other airline here. :(

Hope89
5th Nov 2011, 05:59
Hi guys,

Think I've worked out why there's a bit of a delay... a few days ago the closing date for Melbourne was November 7, and as of today it's November 14. I think because of the really high volume of applicants they've allowed themselves that extra week. Yet still on the position description page of what cabin crew do etc it still says that Melbourne's assessment days are on the 9th & 10th of November. But yet applications are now closing on the 14th :ugh: This really sucks for me personally as I miraculously just happen to have those two days off work!! :hmm: Oh well. Fingers crossed still. Good luck! :)

Musiquemiki
5th Nov 2011, 07:16
Congratulations to all those who have recently been successful with Virgin Australia. I have had a 5 month application and finally had my medical and I am now waiting to be told when ground school commences. Is there anyone out there who is in the same boat as me for the Melbourne intake? Also wondering wether anyone could offer advice regrading ground school i have had many tell me that it is really difficult and stressful?

Thanks

Musiquemiki
5th Nov 2011, 07:24
I also noticed that i can tell you that they will be hiring heaps more in the upcoming assessment days because i was told that ground school will be Nov 21 and Dec 1st hope that helps

Tashopeful
5th Nov 2011, 10:40
Is anybody going to the Melbourne Assessment day on Wednesday the 9th?

CrewMan11
5th Nov 2011, 14:49
Does anybody knows anything about GS for Brisbane? :confused:

baracci
5th Nov 2011, 20:20
If ground school begins on the 01 Dec would it go over xmas and nye ? I've heard GS is 6 weeks but ive also heard its only 3 weeks :confused:

Musiquemiki
6th Nov 2011, 00:09
I'm pretty sure Ground school goes for 5 weeks thats what i was told on my assessment day so i guess it would be over xmas and NYE :ouch: I guess we just need to do it!

Tashopeful - Good luck with your assessment day if you get through i will see you at Ground school

Musiquemiki
6th Nov 2011, 02:51
Can anyone recommend where to get your senior first aid and RSA certificates from in Melbourne?

Musiquemiki
6th Nov 2011, 02:53
I'm pretty sure GRound school goes for five weeks thats what i was told by Virgin so for the Dec 1st intake that would mean going into Christmas and new years.

bubblyguy
6th Nov 2011, 03:46
Virgin are hiring a lot more Cabin Crew at the moment for every base.

Make sure your applications are in with good availability to commence sooner rather than later.

Also depending on the training if you are dual trained (737 and E-Jet) for your initial training this can be 8 weeks of ground school. All Perth crew are dual trained but for other bases depends on demand.

bubblyguy
6th Nov 2011, 03:48
For RSA I recommend QHI. Very easy online, good price and all sorted with no expiry date on your certificate.

RSA, RSA QLD, RSA Queensland, RSA Brisbane, RSA Online, RSG QLD | QHINT (http://www.qhint.com/promo/)

Musiquemiki
6th Nov 2011, 05:48
Thanks for that Bubblyguy
Does that work for Victoria though?
Also what does duel trained mean?

bubblyguy
6th Nov 2011, 08:52
Virgin Australia happily accepts it from QHI.

In some states you need additional qualifications but as Virgin Australia is national and an airline there is no further requirements.

NSW and Tasmania have very specific requirements that a national RSA certificate does not cover so if you wanted to work in a pub or restaurant there would would need to do the specific course for those states.

Before the Perth base started initial training groups were only ever taught the 737 and then down the track you could do E-Jet training and now even A330 training. All Perth initial training groups and some other training groups will do both 737 and E-Jet in the initial training mean it is a longer ground school and a bit more intense having to do two very different types of aircraft.

AirborneSoon
6th Nov 2011, 20:45
Virgin are hiring a lot more Cabin Crew at the moment for every base.

Make sure your applications are in with good availability to commence sooner rather than later.

Also depending on the training if you are dual trained (737 and E-Jet) for your initial training this can be 8 weeks of ground school. All Perth crew are dual trained but for other bases depends on demand.]

All new entrants should expect an initial course of at least 8 weeks. I've not heard of any recent ground schools less than that regardless of base. 737 and e-jet are now covered in initial.

The posts about International (777 crew recruitment) have the right idea. There is no expansion of the 777 fleet announced for the near future. Keep in mind, short haul is where they need you and you'll be expected to stay there.

Current international flying is split between short and long haul fleets and crew. It's possible to do international trips on 737. Virgin is not divided between domestic and international, it's all to do with aircraft types and length
of sectors. Long haul do 15hr sectors predominantly and short haul, sectors
under that. Long haul has only 2 destinations LA and Abu Dhabi, short haul
has Bali and Phuket and NZ base (Pac Blue) has Pacific Islands & Australia.
No-one knows of any planned expansion internationally at this stage, nothings been announced to the press.

As always you should be applying for the job you actually want, there are no guarantees of an internal transfer at a later stage or that recruitment for the
division you really want won't open shortly after you take a job elsewhere. It's
happened before much to the annoyance of the crew who were then placed
where they didn't want to be. Internal transfers are always dependent upon
movement within the company and people have waited for years for transfers
in the past. Keep that firmly in mind.

dream2flyaway
6th Nov 2011, 21:53
Hi Alyssa, I applied for V Australia International Cabin Crew back around June. I was then told that my application had been successful and I went to an Assessment Day. Since then I have been told I am now on hold for the next International GS, however they do not know when it will be as of yet.

I was only able to apply as they were recruiting for the position on their website. At this stage they are no longer recruiting. They are focusing heavily on Domestic as that is where the demand is.

I have been told by various people that once you are in Domestic, it is hard to transfer. I am not sure if this is correct, however I do have a friend who has been Virgin Domestic for 3 years now, and she has put in for a transfer a couple of times and has not been successful. I suggest you apply for the job you want, whether it is Domestic or International. You may have to wait, but if International is where your heart is (like myself) you will be willing to wait. Almost 5 months later, I am still waiting, but my dream and my passion is for International, so I will wait as long as I need to!!

As for the people who are asking about training. I am in contact with a few people who have recently been accepted for Domestic Ground School in Sydney and they have been told their training will be 7 weeks.

Hope this helps everyone, I know its hard to be in the dark, but hang in there! It will be well worth the wait! :)

baracci
6th Nov 2011, 23:46
If your accepted for Melbourne base are you required to attend GS in Sydney ? Or does virgin have a Melbourne GS too ?

dream2flyaway
7th Nov 2011, 00:55
They will have a Melbourne GS.

Hope89
7th Nov 2011, 04:55
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if I am too late for Melbourne? Before it said that the closing date was November 7th (which is today) and now closing date November 14th! I applied on the 3rd, so I really don't think it will be in time for the assessment days on the 9th and 10th! Can anybody shed some light? Will there be some more upcoming assessment days this year?

Musiquemiki
7th Nov 2011, 08:44
I don't think you are late at all im pretty sure there are 2 assessment days coming up

Marcus2
8th Nov 2011, 10:01
So, just to clarify: no one knows how many overnights MEL base get per roster????

bubblyguy
8th Nov 2011, 12:32
Marcus it all depends on how you bid.

You can be rostered up to 15 overnights. There are plenty of different types of flying available and by bidding hopefully you get some of what you want.

Musiquemiki
8th Nov 2011, 20:26
Hey,
Ive spoken to numerous flight attendants who work for Virgin Australia and they have all told me that you bid for your overnights per roster. Im pretty sure you will not get heaps of overnights unless you specifically bid for them. For example my friend only ever wants to do 2 overnights a week and thats all she has ever bid for and all she ever gets.

Hope89
9th Nov 2011, 22:30
That's really good to know about being able to request what you want! Another question I had is - if we were to be successful, would we be full time? as I know with Altara/Mam you're only ever casual and on standby A LOT of the time. I am guessing with Virgin it's a bit more stable? How often would you be on call?

Musiquemiki
9th Nov 2011, 23:15
That's really good to know about being able to request what you want! Another question I had is - if we were to be successful, would we be full time? as I know with Altara/Mam you're only ever casual and on standby A LOT of the time. I am guessing with Virgin it's a bit more stable? How often would you be on call?

With Virgin you are full time and work a 38 hour week as opposed to other companies where you are part time. I don't know how often you are on call per week i would assume maybe 1 or 2 a week?

Shelbs
11th Nov 2011, 03:22
Hello People,
I was wondering if anybody has info regarding the interview process, training, & wages with Virgin Australia. I have applied for a position within the Perth base (I had declined the last invite to the group interview due to a Qantaslink application - whom screwed me :mad: leaving me high & dry with nothing but a medical bill of $300!) I was interested in how virgin do the training? Is it @ your home base? Is it a ground school as such? And anybody know of the wage & hours rostered?
Cheers I'll appreciate any info :O

sydney90
11th Nov 2011, 04:54
hey guys,

I recently attended a Virgin Australia recruitment day on Wed 2nd November for the Sydney Base.

I got a phone call on Friday 4th saying that I was successful and would move onto the next stage of the recruitment process being reference checks. She also informed me that as I had holidays booked (2 weeks at the start of Feb) if I was successful, I would most probably be on a waiting list for GS as they definitely don't want me to have to cancel my holiday. My references were called on Monday 7th. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I am not overly worried. I understand that their major focus would be getting people recruited that have availability to start GS ASAP! So for those that are in the same boat as me, I wouldn't be overly stressed.

And for those that are wondering, the recruitment day was nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be. The crew their are amazing, and you meet some amazing people on the day, so you forget all about being nervous.

Hope this helps! :)

marly
11th Nov 2011, 05:36
Hi
I applied for Perth base, was worried about Assessment day, but that does not sound to bad. I have holidays booked for July, do you think they will mind :)

marly
11th Nov 2011, 07:06
I was wondering if anybody as heard back from VA re the Perth base as applications close on monday 14th, would love to hear from them as a really need a career change and it has been a dream since a child :)

shorti
11th Nov 2011, 09:56
Hi guys,
just wondering if someone can help me out with height requirements. I am 150cm tall, so about 5 foot exactly. Is this too short for cabin crew? I know Qantas has a height restriction of around 163cm and Tiger 158cm. I did however notice on the requirements on the Virgin website, that you must be able to reach a height of 180cm. Now, is this flat on your feet, or does this include the shoes that are worn which I assume would have a bit of a heel? Can you be on your tippy toes. I am pretty sure I would be able to reach 30cm above me, but does being 150cm tall seem a bit too short?

Thanks in advance!
Shorti

CrewMan11
11th Nov 2011, 12:39
is anything happen in Brisbane at all? :{

LEE 86
11th Nov 2011, 21:03
Well I just finished my first week of Ground School in sydney for domestic! This is not a walk in the park, a lot of study! Late nights and early mornings! Ground school is NOT 9-5, just letting you all know. My ground school is the first for the sydney recruitment. My hepond school is just under 6 weeks. every ground school is going to be different! So don't expect an 8 week ground school!

Good Luck to everyone! I'm loving it and so will you!

LEE 86

Typhoon650
11th Nov 2011, 23:17
Shorti, I've seen some cabin crew your height on Virgin flights, I'm sure of it. I'm 6ft exactly and there have been cabin crew who were at my shoulder height or less.

sydney90
11th Nov 2011, 23:59
Hi Lee86,

Glad to see that you are enjoying your ground school.

I just have a question though. Does Virgin provide you accomodation for your ground school, or do you need to drive everyday? I live about 1hr away from their Sydney headquarters in Botany, but in Sydney morning traffic, it can take me up to 2.5 hours to get there.

Also, how many people are in your ground school?

Cheers,

Jack

bubblyguy
15th Nov 2011, 01:32
I just have a question though. Does Virgin provide you accomodation for your ground school, or do you need to drive everyday? I live about 1hr away from their Sydney headquarters in Botany, but in Sydney morning traffic, it can take me up to 2.5 hours to get there.

Sydney90,

Unfortunately not. The only time you will get accommodation is if you go to another city for the practical emergency procedures parts of your ground school.

For example as Perth doesn't have equipment required the ground school has up to 10 days usually in Melbourne for practical training and assessments.

bubblyguy
15th Nov 2011, 01:36
Hi there just was told from a Virgin staff member that they are hiring 200 staff members across the country. They will also be changing assessment days and instead of having full day interviews they were return to normal job interviews at the air port. Also... instead of 4 crew on the plane they are now going to have 5.

Something like that for a certain date yes. Not entirely correct but on the right track. All will be revealed just after the New Year.

Recruitment is working overtime at the moment to get people into ground schools that weren't expected. Quite a few extra ground schools were added to be happening right now in time to get staff ready for just after the New Year. Unfortunately this means recruitment days can't happen and interviews are being held at the airport crew bases. All happening very quickly and very exciting... also means everyone on here is likely to hear something now or in the New Year. Fingers crossed!

bubblyguy
15th Nov 2011, 14:09
I just hope that the huge recruitment isn't to do with a lot of people leaving?? I would assume that since the game change from virgin blue to virgin australia, that people are still happy?

Hope89, the current mass recruitment is due to exciting changes and the need for more staff. Virgin Australia is an extremely exciting and ever changing place to be at right now.

I would like to take this chance and ask you if have heard anything at all about the next ground school for Brisbane. I had been told that one would be starting at the beginning of next year, but as everything going so quick at the moment maybe there is something happening this year?

Believe there was one for Brisbane that started either last week or this week. There will be another one again in a few weeks if everything happens as it was planned. This applies for all bases except for Perth from what I have been told. The one for Perth starts late this week.

I'm not involved in recruitment so my information that I got last week may already be old, outdated and incorrect. As I said before though with the large volume of recruitment happening hopefully people here get a chance to get on board! :)

sydney90
15th Nov 2011, 23:59
Hi All,

For those in Sydney, I received a phone call today from recruitment and was able to get a bit of info.

There are only 2 more ground school dates left for Sydney base for this year. They are 21st and 28th of November. There will be no ground schools in December. They aren't expecting alot of people to be able to attend though, as they are fairly close, and as the majority of us need to give our current employers 2 weeks notice, there just isnt enough time to get a medical and then resign. Most of the people attending these will not be currently employed. She did say my reference checks were fantastic though! :ok:

There will be some more ground school dates next year in January, February and March, but dates won't be released until early next year.

Fingers crossed we get the dates soon!

CrewMan11
16th Nov 2011, 05:35
Thank You BUBBLYGUY!
You are right! There was a GS for Brisbane started on 17th of October.
And I had been told that I would be on the next one!:DHope that will happen soon as I can imagine! Thank you for your replay. Appreciate it!;)

marly
16th Nov 2011, 06:35
is eager to see what happens tomorrow as the closing dates for each bases closes tonight. I wonder if they will extend it again and keep us waiting. I hope not, so want to hear something and get given a chance to fly

A_View_Divine
16th Nov 2011, 06:49
Can I ask, of all of you who have gotten through already, had you completed both the first aid certificate and the RSA?

PaPaG24
16th Nov 2011, 07:33
Can I ask, of all of you who have gotten through already, had you completed both the first aid certificate and the RSA?

As far as I recall you need to have both certificates on day one of Ground School if successful.

somewhereat1l
16th Nov 2011, 09:15
You need to have both certificates available for first day of ground school.

For the interview stage a confirmation of booking is acceptable.

Hope89
16th Nov 2011, 09:23
Marley I totally agree! But as much as we would love an answer tomorrow I think it will be a good few days before they get through shortlisting everyone. Good luck! :ok:

marly
16th Nov 2011, 09:57
Hope89
Would be good though, one can dream
Might see you around sometime, as I have heard Perth base have to do some of the training over there

Goodluck and happy flying :p

dream2flyaway
16th Nov 2011, 21:38
Hi Bubblyguy,

Have you heard any news/info regarding future dates for international Ground Schools?

Thanks for any info you can share with us!

marly
17th Nov 2011, 00:09
Applications are closed and my excitment level is through the roof. I am going to be nervous everytime the phone will ring :p

Tashopeful
17th Nov 2011, 01:12
You won't tend to get a phone call but an email for the first contact for recruitment days etc!

marly
17th Nov 2011, 01:38
tashhopeful
do you know if they get to any online tests prior to coming into the assessment day?
It also mean that I will be checking my emails every two seconds

:O

Tashopeful
17th Nov 2011, 02:00
Marly,

I got sent a message saying I had progressed through to the next stage, pending an online assessment. The assessment came the following day, and then the assessment day invite a few days after.

Hope that helps!

Shelbs
17th Nov 2011, 03:49
"do you know if they get to any online tests prior to coming into the assessment day?"
Marly last time I applied for Perth base they sent me thru 2 online tests (I think one was the usual Hogan's but the other was some random assessment from the UK - I struggled with it @ first but then I got the hang of it) Then If successful they e-mailed me invite to assessment day - only got 2 days notice which was why I didn't attend which is why I had to re-apply. Hope that helps a bit???? Which is basically what tashhopeful said :O

marly
17th Nov 2011, 04:10
@ shelbs

When you applied last time how long after the applications closed did you hear something back from them?
Have you applied this time around?

Hope89
17th Nov 2011, 05:51
Hi guys, I have a problem. I tried logging into my applicant profile on the Virgin website (of which the format and layout has completely changed overnight in the career section) and it said it had absolutely no record of me! Whereas yesterday it did :uhoh: I remember my email and password superbly, and yet it can't even recognise my email account! I really really hope that for some reason something hasn't happened to my application. Is anyone experiencing the same problems? :eek:

flightgal
17th Nov 2011, 06:01
Hope89,

I just went and checked, and my profile has disappeared too! :eek:
I have know idea what's going on?!?!

marly
17th Nov 2011, 06:41
Just checked mine
Lucky I am still in the system.
Is there a number that you can ring to see if there is a prob with it. I would be worth a try after all the waiting and hoping. :uhoh:

Hope89
17th Nov 2011, 07:11
Just rang Virgin, there is nothing wrong with the system at all. And there's nothing they can do to help, as recruitment don't have a number they are allowed to connect to. This is really bad.

Karizma
17th Nov 2011, 07:58
Can anyone who has gotten through to ground school tell what is involved in the medical test? as in what do they test you for?? i have no idea...

occygirl
17th Nov 2011, 09:02
Hi guys,

The 'new' VA careers site is not recognising my email either... Although I managed to get on to the old site which was still up on my laptop and tried logging into that and it recognised me so I'm hoping the issue with the new site is just a glitch. :uhoh:

Has anyone got any other news on this?

occygirl
17th Nov 2011, 09:23
Hope89,

Just an update on the profile situation... I just googled 'virgin australia career sign in' and it brought up the link for the old site run by StaffCV (http://www.bfound.net) people. I can still log in to this version of the careers site so I'm hoping you can too to give you some peace of mind that your application hasn't fallen off the face of the earth.

I am sure (hoping) that they are just still updating the new site and that's why it won't recognise most of our profiles. If it's happening to us it must be happening to lots of other people. I am going to keep an eye on it and if it hasn't come good by mid morning tomorrow then I am going to ring virgin recruitment, although I don't think I will be the only one if it hasn't been fixed by then...

Hope this helps a bit...

flightgal
17th Nov 2011, 09:50
Occygirl,

Thank you so much for figuring that out, that definitely gave me peace of mind. I too can log into the old one but not the new. Hopefully they are just still in the process of transferring our information…

marly
17th Nov 2011, 09:53
Whats the new one - I log in through bfound.net is that the new one or the old one?

occygirl
17th Nov 2011, 10:12
No worries flightgal and Hope89, keep us posted if you have any luck with the new site, I will let you know if I do as well...

marly - the old site, up until today, could be accessed through the virgin australia careers site, the format was the charcoal grey strip across the top with careers imbedded into it. this site was operated by bfound.net, otherwise known as StaffCV. This is what everyone was using up until today so I'm sure you are familiar with it. The new site that you are now directed to through the virgin Australia/careers site is completely different, it is more like the rest of the VA site, brightly coloured bold, arial font with a hyperlinked button on the right hand margin asking existing applicants to 'log in'. You would definitely notice the difference between the old and the new version. I am one of 4 people that I know of now that can't access the new one, hopefully because they are updating it with all our details...

Hope89
17th Nov 2011, 11:35
Occygirl! You are a genious. THANK YOU! I googled it just like you told me and managed to get onto the old website :ok: This means they must still have our information on file, and that it hasn't just disappeared! I can sleep now, what a big help you are to all of us! :D

marly
17th Nov 2011, 22:36
Just checked I can't get into mine aswell - but in the current opportunities it is advertising for cabin crew - do they want us to reapply through the new site surely not - might try to contact someone today or email :ugh:

hb78
17th Nov 2011, 23:02
they are likely bringing the recruitment website in house. This doesn't mean they lose all the information from bfound (StaffCV), it just means that they haven't migrated the information over to the new site (and they may never do that, to start a fresh). They will continue to recruit from both StaffCV and the new site or future recruitment days (But StaffCV will close down in the future, after all current recruitment finishes).

If you have your application into the old one, that is fine, do not reapply to the new site unless you recieve an email to do so, you will come across as a panic merchant. I know it's hard, but just sit tight and relax.

occygirl
17th Nov 2011, 23:10
Marly, I am quite confident that we wouldn't have to re-apply. The old version of the site has removed the cabin crew advertisement as it closed on the 16th. This new ad says that it was put up on the 17th of November, I am not sure why they are re-advertising it on the new site and it has disappeared on the old. Could it just be for people registering interest for distant future jobs rather than the current recruitment that we applied for? The only thing that makes me think this is that no 'application close' date is given, there for it must be ongoing? If you talk to someone at VA could you please let us know what they say.

occygirl
17th Nov 2011, 23:13
Thanks hb78, that makes a lot of sense. :)

marly
18th Nov 2011, 00:14
I emailed them today through their website and placed in subject line for recruitment - highly urgent - i also stated this is the only way that can get an email through to them as no numbers advertised. Asked can they reassure us that we don't have to reapply through new site and they are still recruiting from the old site. If get an email back will let everyone know as stated there are alot of eager people across australia wanting to know what is happening :sad:

marly
18th Nov 2011, 01:01
Have just spoken to a lovely lady at VA HQ, and she said that should be able to acess into the new account by the close of business today with our email address that is on the old site. So hopefully all is good. I said thats good was having ait of a panic attack :ok:

occygirl
18th Nov 2011, 01:55
Thanks marly, at least if it hasn't corrected itself by, say, tomorrow morning we will know there is something weird happening with it.

nbailey073
18th Nov 2011, 06:19
Our records indicate you have either recently or previously applied for a role within the Virgin Australia group of airlines through our online careers page. We would like to let you know we have changed system providers and your previous login details will no longer be valid or accessible.
If you have an application in process this application will remain valid and there is no need to reapply on our new careers page. Our team will be reviewing your application in the near future and will contact you should we require any additional information from yourself.
For all future applications you will be required to create a new profile on our careers page (http://careers.pageuppeople.com/549/cw/en/listing/ (http://careers.pageuppeople.com/549/cw/en/listing/)).

Hope89
18th Nov 2011, 06:30
I'm really confident that as long as you applied before November 16th, then your application is definitely fine. They wouldn't do otherwise because that would severely affect the whole recruitment process which they can't afford to stuff up right now! :) I guess Virgin Australia is pretty much a new airline now, huge changes at every angle. It would make sense to create a brand new website too, to go with the massive influx of new people there is going to be! Thanks heaps to all who have enquired, we have more than enough reassurance now :ok:

Abbi240
19th Nov 2011, 02:49
Has anyone from the Melbourne assessment days on the 9th and 10th heard anything back yet?

marly
21st Nov 2011, 01:20
Anybody heard anything from the newest receuitment that closed 16th or is it still abit to soon. Its killing me :\

Hope89
21st Nov 2011, 02:49
Marly,

I haven't heard a thing! You're very right, it is incredibly frustrating! :confused: The other airlines are all going ahead with their recruitment processes yet it seems ours is in a bit of a stand still! I am hoping we will know by xmas...

marly
21st Nov 2011, 03:17
I hope to her something soon, if they hired me I need a month to resign from work and if they start ground school in January, if don't think I will have time, unless it moves pritty quickly. GS in january would be easier for me as don't have to do to much running around with the kids, seeing perth have to use the facilities over east for two weeks. :ugh:

Hope89
21st Nov 2011, 03:28
I know, good luck! I heard that Melbourne will be having a GS on Dec 1, but i think it will be later than that. I mean, someone just said they still haven't heard from the Dec 9th and 10th assessment days and the first GS was supposed to start Nov 21.... But now currently, Just over a week isn't long enough to recruit and do medicals. It's just like bubbly guy previously said though, there may not even be assessment days anymore but rather one-on-one's. So I think once you're in their favour it all happens very quickly. And I am sure that people on here will let us know once they start getting notifications. Let's hope :)

sydney90
21st Nov 2011, 06:38
Hi guys,

From what I understand, no cities will be running GS's through December, with the next ones planned for Jan, Feb and March (No dates yet!) So we will all most probably hear from them throughout December.

I was successful, and am on the waiting list for a Sydney GS and a medical! SO fingers crossed the medical all goes well and then I'm all set for the job of a lifetime!

On a side note, I did hear that VA is increasing its cabin crew from 4 to 5 per flight? Also, there is a new flying destination to be announced in the coming weeks. Does anyone have any info regarding either of these two points lol?

Jack :)

bubblyguy
21st Nov 2011, 07:44
Sydney90,

There are at least 4 ground schools taking place right now. All will be finished just before Christmas but will take up most of December.

Also for those interested the governments Parliamentary Committee into Cabin Crew Ratio have recommended that the 1:36 ratio stand and that any airline such as Virgin Australia that has an exemption of the 738 to operate 1:50 (4 crew) will not be renewed when it expires.

That means if passed and accepted that all 738 services in the near future have 5 crew. There are other changes happening anyway though that have led to the sudden recruitment and massive increase in cabin crew required. ;)

sydney90
21st Nov 2011, 11:04
Hi bubblyguy!

You are definitely correct! I meant to say that from what I understand, no GS' will be starting in December! My bad!

Thanks for all your information though! You are definitely a wealth of knowledge for us all. But soooo secretive! HAHA! There has to be something that you can reveal to us all! Something!? Anything!? HAHA! ;)

marly
21st Nov 2011, 12:21
I like the new mystery holidays that they brought out, I loved the mystery flights that they had back in the 90's, but stopped when the low budget flights came out. Love the idea of the mystery holiday?
There are some exciting changes i think that will be coming up, just another reason that I want to apart of Virgin. :)

bubblyguy
21st Nov 2011, 13:16
Yeah sydney90 pretty sure they are only doing one group at a time in each location and no groups con-currently at the same location.

I would love to tell you all about some of the excitement taking place but it is not public information (to my knowledge) and therefore can't go blabbing here otherwise I'm sure I would have to have some tea and biscuits with my manager.

I was shocked to see on the website today that from mid January we are doing business class from Perth to Bali. That I did not know until seeing it pop up on the website. Very interesting.

Marly yeah pretty cool but if you have a look at the terms and conditions it lists all the destinations and I would put bets on that most mystery flights from Perth would go to Broome. But who knows maybe someone would get lucky and go elsewhere.

flyawaywithva
21st Nov 2011, 21:42
Bubblyguy, do you have any hints/clues/gossip for us poor forgotten souls awaiting an international ground school (particularly in Sydney!!). I would be excited to know whether any of the following might be true:
- We will hear about a gs date before Xmas
- The gs will be in Jan
- VA are planning to increase crew numbers
- VA are getting new planes/announcing a new destination shortly
Any info about any of this would be great to hear :)

sydney90
21st Nov 2011, 22:49
bubblyguy,

What are the staff benefits like? As in what are the flight prices like for staff who choose to travel both domestically and internationally? I was told that staff only need to pay the taxes on an airfare, (So about $20 for domestic and from $150 internationally - depending of course, on where you fly) Would you be able to confirm if this is correct?

Also, is it the Perth domestic base crew that does the flights to Bali, or is it Pacific Blue?

bubblyguy
22nd Nov 2011, 00:28
flyawaywithva,

Unfortunately as I'm on the west coast I don't hear anything about Sydney Long Haul (V Australia). Wish I could tell you something but simply can't. I do know that no new 777 are coming any time soon or heard of any new destinations at this time.

There was an article, thinking AusBT, that V Australia might go to San Fran but who knows. It's such a short flight from LAX to get to SFO and LAX is home to Delta, VA's codeshare partner meanwhile VX are based in SFO but the ties aren't as strong as they are with DL - VA are now even arriving into the DL terminal 5 at LAX and next year will start departing from there as well.

bubblyguy
22nd Nov 2011, 00:34
sydney90,

The staff benefits are very comprehensive. I can't tell you the prices but they are extremely low and with Virgin you have staff travel access to many of the partner airlines. You also get access to discounted hotels, insurance, cars - basically anything to do with travel. Also many companies give discount to the many Virgin brands in Australia and there certainly are some good perks there.

The Bali flights are done by all "wet lease" trained crew across Australia. These flights are currently operated by Virgin Australia for Pacific Blue and only crew that are trained for wet lease international operations can do them. All crew are entitled to complete this training and be able to do these lines of flying.

With the brand restructure the Bali and Phuket flights will soon become just Virgin Australia flights and no lounger under a wet lease arrangement. Honiara is also now a Virgin Australia flight and no longer operated by Pacific Blue.

flyawaywithva
22nd Nov 2011, 01:08
Thanks bubblyguy (you are popular!)

Just curious, do you know whether Bali will remain a short haul destination ie current DJ crew or will it become long haul & the VA crew start flying there?

Jackbr
22nd Nov 2011, 05:37
What does "wet lease" training involve?

bubblyguy
22nd Nov 2011, 09:49
flyawaywithva,

Bali should remain with DJ crew as it is 737 services meanwhile VA crew are only 777 endorsed. Don't see it happening. Bali would never be classified as "long haul" from Australia. It's quicker to get to Bali from Perth than Brisbane haha ;)

Jackbr,

The training for "wet lease" international services is just understanding international flights, policies, procedures, Australian quarantine and customs regulations for air crew. It was a day worth of training during my ground school. Crew can now do it online in a few hours if they want to do it.

marly
23rd Nov 2011, 02:35
Hey bubblyguy
I now your very popular here - but at the moment you seem to be the only contact from Virgin

Does all Perth base do the wet lease in apart of the GS or do you have to apply to do it - it sounds interesting

bubblyguy
23rd Nov 2011, 02:46
marly,

Due to the nature of flying from Perth with most of the Phuket trips being Perth crew and plenty of Bali services also featuring Perth crew coupled with the Christmas and Cocos Islands flying which is Perth crew only all Perth crew do the international training so that they can operate these services. This is just like how all Perth crew also must be dual endorsed on the B737 and the E170/E190 due to the nature of flying.

nbailey073
23rd Nov 2011, 12:19
ive head off a friend that virgin do crew exchanges, can anyone tell me more about it?

marly
24th Nov 2011, 05:28
I don't think I am going to hear anythine back from Virgin. They said the assessment day late Novemeber and it is the end next wednesday. Oh well :\

HighFlyer11
24th Nov 2011, 10:12
Marly,

Me too! Im sure they send an email though either way unsuccessful/successful? I may be wrong.

marly
24th Nov 2011, 10:41
I did a sneecky i manged to email back to them from that email they sent re change of career people, asking when Perth assessment is and when we would likely to hear? not know if they will reply.

T.C.M
24th Nov 2011, 18:01
Hey guys!

I too am waiting. I did my assessment day for Sydney base back at the beginning of this month, had my references checked and completed my medical and told I would start in December if I was successful but have not heard back since! Understandably, they are extremely busy however, the anxious wait is so awful.. I feel so close yet so far he he..

Hope every one receives some information shortly.

T.C.M

T.C.M
24th Nov 2011, 18:02
ooops.. Medical was completed 2 weeks ago.

marly
25th Nov 2011, 10:18
Still not heard anything. Oh well
Will just keep trying
Will wait till the end of the month if not hear anything will set up a new account on the new site and try again.
As they say is you don't succeed the first time try try again :\

Hope89
27th Nov 2011, 02:24
Marly, I've started applying for other airlines. It's just taking far too long. I figure that way as long as you have the training, you'll be a very attractive candidate to them later down the track. A few of my cabin crew friends have said that. Good luck with everything and I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything as well! ;)

sydney90
27th Nov 2011, 13:21
Don't give up guys!
There are heaps of GS's planned for January February and March, so there is still hope!
We will most likely hear just before or just after Christmas! :)

marly
29th Nov 2011, 03:59
Waiting and waiting, have not heard a word from Virgin. So I don't know what is going on - or my application was not good enough (have all the prerequistes plus more, heaps of customer experience across different industry sectors) so i am at at loss. Do I still wait to hear from them or do I start applying for different airlines ( Virgin my first choice) :confused::confused::confused:

I feel that I am about to lose hope

nck60
29th Nov 2011, 04:29
Just wondering if anyone who applied for Brisbane Base Cabin Crew which closed 16 November has heard anything?

HighFlyer11
29th Nov 2011, 04:41
Marly,

If it makes you feel a bit better im already a hostie & i havn't heard anything either im hoping that there is a delay in going through the applications. Yes id def recommend to apply for other airlines too no harm in trying :)

marly
29th Nov 2011, 07:44
Just put an application in for Qantaslink and just about to but in letter of interest in for Skywest, not many choices in Perth.
Or could try for the smaller airlines such as Cobham or Skippers

Hope89
29th Nov 2011, 10:06
Marly, definitely start applying elsewhere in the mean time, but don't lose hope! Remember you can always say no :) and by the way, Qantas (not Qantaslink) are now hiring for Perth base currently. You could also apply with them. Do you guys have Tiger Airways? If so try with them too, I have friends who were in our situation and they're quite happy right now. Give everything a go, you have nothing to lose. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ALL of us!!

Cabin_girl
29th Nov 2011, 10:43
Marly,

I know how you feel. Im also waiting to hear any news. Im applying with Qantas(MAM) for casual Sydney base. My references were checked nearly 3 weeks ago and friends I met at the AD been already contacted. One unsuccesfull (was told 1 week after AD) and one girl send to do medical and security 2 weeks ago. I realy don't know what kind of system they use. I send them an email yesterday if they can give me an update or if they need any more info and they replied to me today saying:

Hello,

Your file is at the executive review stage, we will be in contact shortly.

So how many more weeks waiting? Don't know what to expect. I had good feeling after my interview went realy well but now I have doubts that maybe Im not so attractive candidate.

If you go ahead with Qantaslink I hope they will process your application faster then mine. I just started applying for Virgin and Jetstar as I head enough.
Good luck! Hope you hear soon any news.

Joannejo
29th Nov 2011, 11:43
Hi, does anyone know when the next training group is planned for Sydney- Ground Crew? I know one is starting 1st December...but I mean in the new year? Anyone heard any rumors? Thanks!

flyboy89
29th Nov 2011, 21:36
Hey guys, applied on Monday for Virgin Australia cabin Crew and selected Melbourne Base - Job Number: 492218 .... Just wondering if anyone has heard of anything as yet, whether a telephone call and or a e-mail? i heard from a friend who is CC for VA that there doing intakes from now till January...?

Cheers :)

Jecui
29th Nov 2011, 23:02
I applied over a month ago and still haven't heard anything from Virgin (I think my application was good and I have 7 years of relevant experience). I have since accepted another position with MAM but it seems like everyone is in the same boat with Virgin! Good luck guys - hope you hear soon.

20BabyBlue11
30th Nov 2011, 02:28
Are you domestic or international crew?...

elrehab
30th Nov 2011, 11:19
does anyone know when applying for the Aviation Security Identification card. As cabin crew, do we apply for the Red or Grey Card?

bubblyguy
30th Nov 2011, 11:38
elrehab,

You are provided one with an application through Virgin Australia as an ASIC Issuing Body.

For cabin crew you need a red AUS ASIC. This is the highest level of ASIC you can obtain.

trace.dance
30th Nov 2011, 20:48
Hey Guys,

Anyone know what current salaries and allowances are for Virgin Oz domestic (MEL base)? Possibly transferring and trying to weigh it up :-)
Help would be appreciated....THANKS!

Shelbs
30th Nov 2011, 21:31
Does anybody know of how many hours/mth your rostered? and what's the base pay and DTA per hour? When do you think they will start interviews for next ground school in Perth??

marly
1st Dec 2011, 00:15
Shelbs
Thats a really good question - am waiting to hear still
Thanks for your PM helps heaps.
I hope the interviews are soon as I have to give 4 weeks notice at work, which the current timing will be good as at work coming up to the quiet time at a private hospital - all the doctors have holidays.

flyawaywithva
1st Dec 2011, 04:26
I had my VA interview in Sydney in July, and I have been told that I have been successful so far, but I am still waiting for a training date.

I read somewhere that after a certain amount of time you have to do another interview - is this true? If so, how long?

Also, anyone heard about this:
News Item : Virgin heavy maintenance plans (http://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/archives/finance_news_network19294.html)
- VA planes not operating to Abu Dhabi for a few months? Eeek! Is this true?

PaPaG24
2nd Dec 2011, 09:57
Reference checks were done for me today. Yay!

HighFlyer11
2nd Dec 2011, 13:07
PaPaG24

What position did you apply for & what assessment day did you go too?

T.C.M
3rd Dec 2011, 00:04
Got the phone call on Thursday to advise my application was successful for Sydney base. Start date to be advised however, will be in January! :D

marly
3rd Dec 2011, 00:34
HighFlyer11

Have you heard anything back re Perth Base? I have not heard a thing :ugh::ugh::ugh:

HighFlyer11
3rd Dec 2011, 00:40
Marly,

No, this is kiiiilling me. The waiting game is not a game im good at haha. Im assuming these people who are hearing things have applied a while ago? My friend who started gs a couple of weeks ago is heading to Brisbane next week for the training. Have you applied for other airlines?

PaPaG24
3rd Dec 2011, 05:15
Domestic Cabin Crew. Assessment day attended on the 10 of November in Brisbane.

Shelbs
3rd Dec 2011, 10:25
HighFlyer11,
you said your friend is heading to brisbane for g/s, what base is that for? I heard for the Perth base you do inital training here then head to Mel for EP's etc. I didn't think they did g/s in Brisbane anymore obviously they are? I'm kicking myself as I was invited to an AD back in August & didn't go as I progressed the the final stages with Qantaslink to only get rejected @ the final review :mad:-and I have not heard anything from Virgin since? Ah yes the waiting game sure does suck waited 6 weeks for Qantaslink and it got me nowhere just back to square one!

shortfinal737
3rd Dec 2011, 10:39
Hi Shelbs. Most of the ground school for Perth is still done in Perth (including the people in the current ground school). However EPs are done at either the Melbourne OR Brisbane simulators. :ok:

sydney90
4th Dec 2011, 01:58
T.C.M,

Have you done your medical yet?

Also, can anyone explain what the medical actually involves, and what they are checking for?

CrewMan11
4th Dec 2011, 03:03
Hi PaPaG24
Did they say anything to you about when going to be the next GS for brisbane?

Thanks!

PaPaG24
4th Dec 2011, 04:50
CrewMan11

I didnt speak with them. I just heard from both of my references that I put down that they had been called. But you would think it would be early next year.

CrewMan11
4th Dec 2011, 07:43
Thanks PaPaG24!!
I see!
I went to the assessment day at the end of August, and they called my references after 2 weeks, and I got a call middle of september saying that I had pass and would start on the next ground school for Brisbane, but still haven't done the medicals yet. :-(

T.C.M
4th Dec 2011, 10:45
Sydney 90,

The medical is very basic. You can expect to give a urine sample, basic eye sight/colour blind test, joint test, lung test and a hearing test. Obviously any injections you require must be attained as well.

It is really a very basic and painless exercise.

T.C.M

Hope89
6th Dec 2011, 23:57
Has anyone from Melbourne heard anything AT ALL? Gee wizz it's taking ages :confused:

Tashopeful
7th Dec 2011, 00:43
I attended the assessment day in Melbourne 4 weeks ago today, I had my references checked 2 1/2 weeks ago..but haven't heard anything since!

Hope89
7th Dec 2011, 00:50
Tashopeful,

How very frustrating for you! I just hope we aren't waiting all this time only to be rejected :\ You sound like you have a good thing happening though!! You really do. I'm just over waiting! :( I really need to get out of my current job for my own happiness and health, this is my true way out - to be happy and do something I just know I will enjoy. It's just so annoying, and nobody knows anything either....

marly
7th Dec 2011, 02:43
Not a thing
nearly a month since the applications closed

hope89 - how did you go with the other airlines?

Oh well they may give us all a nice xmas pressie and hear something from them

Hope89
7th Dec 2011, 03:02
Marly, I've heard from Jetstar and Qantas. Been successful through the first stage and now am waiting for the next assessment day which probably won't be for YONKS. Still waiting on Tiger though, their AD is next wednesday... how about you?

marly
7th Dec 2011, 04:27
Tried Qantas and Qantaslink, Skippers Aviation have not heard a thing
Was going to try for Alliance - but training is 7 weeks in brisbane and can not be away from kids that long
Startegic was hiring but only looking for experienced crew at the moment.
Main choice is Virgin - cos most of the training is in Perth and 2 weeks for EP's over east which suit me better.
Have always wanted to fly for Virgin since inception in Australia - just the appeal of them being different and new and good customer experience with them. So still waiting but I don't mind as I have a job to go to which i do enjoy - but just physically and mentally exhausting, so am looking for a change. :)

hb78
7th Dec 2011, 08:04
Word is, there are no new ground schools starting until the new year, when there will be a flood of them again. So be patient and enjoy the silly season. Virgin really is a great place to work :ok:

PaPaG24
7th Dec 2011, 09:59
I have had my references checked and now I am in the waiting game. I wish they would give you up dates or time frames via email to put us out of our misery.

Bring on the medical and a start date!!

:ooh:

Hope89
7th Dec 2011, 10:00
Hb78,
that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for :) A great place to work. Bonus if it's your dream job too! Thanks for reminding us not to ride ourselves off yet :p

PaPaG24
7th Dec 2011, 10:14
Thanks for all the info everyone..

somewhereat1l
8th Dec 2011, 07:59
Virgin are currently actioning internal transfers, domest to international and vice versa. I'm sure once this has been done they will have a better idea of the numbers of crew they need to recruit.

Stay tuned....Virgin is a brilliant place to work:ok:

Abbi240
8th Dec 2011, 15:50
Hi somewhereat1l,
Does this mean they may recruit for V Australia soon as well?

danya
8th Dec 2011, 16:10
Hi guys, I'm thinking of going to Qatar Open Day...but I have 2 questions hope you can help.
1- I am currently living in another country, is it a problem to go without being a local citizen?
2 - I am blond, blue eyes, fair skin, have experience in customer service, degree, experience living abroad....and 1.58m. Tried to reach 212cm and not really able to....although I have been practicing ways of "stretching" my body the most. ahahaha. Anyway, some people told me they do not accept people that cant reach. Other people told me that it is not the main point of what they are looking for so I should go.
So, what should I do?

somewhereat1l
9th Dec 2011, 00:05
Hi Abbi240 (http://www.pprune.org/members/337900-abbi240)

I doubt it. They are currently overcrewed in international so few crew will be allowed to transfer over from domestic and if international crew decide not to go to domestic then no transfers will take place. 777's are being taken off line shortly for heavy maintenance and leave is being offered and rosters will be very quiet for a while.

Shelbs
9th Dec 2011, 02:30
Kicking myself for putting all my eggs in one basket!! I didn't go to the last AD in Perth back in Aug/Sept as i didn't think it was fair to go and take somebody else's spot when I thought I had another job :\ (I got rejected @ the last review stage!!) now look where it's left me! Re-submitted my application for like the 3rd time - they must think I'm a crazy random person :confused:
hope they will still consider me? :O

Soon1
9th Dec 2011, 05:35
Hey all, I'm new to this site through trying to ask google how long it will take to hear back from VA about a cabin crew job application I sent through Nov 13th haha!
Has anyone heard anything yet that applied for this role too?
Because the suspense is killing me softly.
Thanks guys

T.C.M
9th Dec 2011, 05:47
Hey Everyone.

Got a phonecall this morning from recruitment with a start date in January. I start January 9 for Sydney domestic base. very very very excited! :ok:

Goodluck everyone

T.C.M

ToniGal
9th Dec 2011, 20:14
Would anyone know whether this airline accepts/hires applications from ex-crew? I did fly with them early days, but left and tried my hand at running my own business.

Thanks in advance.
T

sydney90
9th Dec 2011, 22:54
Congrats TCM!

Thats fantastic to hear! I have holidays booked for 1st-16th of February to China, and the lady from recruitment said that the want me to try and still go on my holiday before I start, however I may have to cancel. Did recruitment advise you of any other GS dates other than 9th January?

Hopefully I get my call soon so that I can get my medical done and give notice to work! Where do you take the medical?

Cheers,

Jack

Hope89
10th Dec 2011, 06:06
Hi guys!
Okay very exciting news for Melbournians like me. Just checked on Seek, and as of last night there is a job ad for Virgin Australia Cabin Crew. The ad says that if successful, the assessment days will be Dec 20th and 21st (from memory). Now! I applied over a month ago for the last ad, and my application is on the old system. SHOULD I re-apply on the new one????? It's not far away at all.

marly
10th Dec 2011, 06:29
Perth also
A bit confussed

I might reapply on the new one can only give at shot

HighFlyer11
10th Dec 2011, 06:56
Marly,

I just saw the ad too are you going to reapply? Im so confused now what happened to all our other apps. Weird. They must be rushing this if AD is on the 20/21st.

marly
10th Dec 2011, 07:03
I just reapplied on the new site and withdrew my application from the old site - so I just have one application
I think (that is only me) that they wernt looking at the old site
Will see what happens
:\

HighFlyer11
10th Dec 2011, 07:17
Yea pretty bad if they skipped all other apps from old site ive just emailed a friend from Virgin asking whether we re apply or not. I think you're right though prob should just do it anyway

Soon1
11th Dec 2011, 02:30
Did anyone have any problems with logging into view their applications when they were on the careers website for Virgin Australia?
I tried to login & the website didnt recognise my email address.. Bit Worried about what this could mean.. :confused:

Hope89
11th Dec 2011, 05:28
Soon 1,

If you have a flick back a few pages, you'll see that heaps of people have had the same problem! Including me. Don't stress, what has happened is that Virgin have changed website operators. You must have applied on the older website, which means that the new one does not recognise you. We got an email a while back stating that this will happen, and not to worry because our pending applications have not been deleted and will still progress... I am not convinced though, so I am withdrawing my old one today and writing up a brand new one on the current system. I figure that way we can't slip through the cracks. Good luck

Shelbs
12th Dec 2011, 00:52
Morning all
I was just on seek and happened to come across Virgin Australia advertising for Perth base. Good news AD planned for 20th & 21st December - woohoo!!! :ok:
Fingers crossed we all get invited. I am just tweaking my resume & updating my application - I am so going for this!! Hope this has made somebody's day - this will be a great birthday present for me!!! hehe :O

Hope89
12th Dec 2011, 00:55
Hi guys, just letting you know I literally just got an email telling me that my application is currently being reviewed this week, and that I will know whether I've been invited by the end of it. Marly in Perth, hope you guys are next! :ok: And Shelbs, it SO has made my day!

nbailey073
12th Dec 2011, 01:37
woohoo :) good luck hope! may all the waiting be paid off shortly!!!

Hope89
12th Dec 2011, 05:07
Thanks nbailey073!

Trying not to get too excited but it's SO hard not to. This is my 3rd time applying, so you can just imagine how I'm feeling :p

HighFlyer11
12th Dec 2011, 06:24
Hope89

Congrats on some form of communication :) Just a quick question did you get that email after re applying on new site or was that from last months app?
All the best :)

marly
12th Dec 2011, 06:38
Sounds promising - but I get a bit worried that they may think that I am over qualified for the job and that they will not look at mine as they may think that I will get bored and all my current jobs have been parttime. I am an Enrolled Nurse and worked parttime as the kids where young. I start getting negitive thoughts enter my head - but trying to stay positive but if they do invite me they will find out that I am wanting change and the kids have grown up and wanting to work again fulltime. EMAIL ME PLEASE :ooh:

Hope89
12th Dec 2011, 07:24
HighFlyer11,
It was after I applied on the new site :)

marly
12th Dec 2011, 07:33
funny hay - I wonder why

Shelbs
12th Dec 2011, 09:10
Marly - stay positive as long as you have all the necessary qualifications - I shouldnt see why you wouldn't get an invite to the AD. Last time I got invited it was really short notice (I think friday for a Tuesday AD). So finger's crossed I'm sure those of us getting an invite will hear this week sometime. :O
Has anybody been invited to the Perth AD yet? according to the newest ad on seek it's 20 & 21 December.

marly
13th Dec 2011, 03:48
Not heard anything yet - it is getting nerve racking :\

Thuman91
13th Dec 2011, 04:45
Hi everyone :)

Has anyone heard anything about Sydney base cabin crew yet or are virgin only hiring Mel and Perth ATM ??

PaPaG24
13th Dec 2011, 05:38
Just got called and was job offered!! January 3rd Ground School Brisbane base!!!
The wait was hard but I am sure it is going to be worth the wait. Good luck everyone. :)

CrewMan11
13th Dec 2011, 05:42
Hi PaPaG24 congratulations!!!!
I also got the job! start the same day, at brisbane as well. see you there:-)

Dicko17
13th Dec 2011, 06:08
Hi thuman91. i spoke to head office yesterday. they are just doing the MEL and BRIS and PER ads before xmas, a sydney one will be happening next month sometime.

PaPaG24
13th Dec 2011, 06:25
CrewMan11

Congrats too!! See you there. So excited! Resigned from my job today. Felt so good. Hahaha!!

Soon1
13th Dec 2011, 06:30
Thuman91,

I also am waiting for any form of information for the Sydney base!
I spoke with Head Office today and she gave me the recruitment email to send my query through..

Congratulations to all the others who made it through!

Ozzyflyer1990
13th Dec 2011, 07:53
hey everyone... Ive recently applied for Virgin Australia BNE base just under a month ago and have not heard anything yet and I am using the new system.
Should I withdraw and apply for another base or will I hear something soon? I am currently with an airline based in ADL and looking to at living elsewhere :)

Cheers

rose91
13th Dec 2011, 08:18
I only got introduced to this website today, & I've been reading through the previous pages in regards to the applications for the Virgin intake last month, & I'm unsure of what to do. I applied & haven't received an accept or decline, but I did receive that email in regards to the new website. I'm sorry if anyone has to repeat themselves, I'm just really stressed about it & don't know who to ask. Does resubmitting to the new website still keep us eligible for the position we applied for last month, or how does it work? I saw a couple people who resubmitted got accepted? Ahh worst timing for the new website huh

Shelbs
13th Dec 2011, 21:25
Rose91
I wouldnt stress - it's pretty bad if Virgin dismiss all those who applied on the old system, for peace of mind just re-apply on the new system - then you have all your bases covered :) I guess it's a matter of waiting for contact :(
Good luck

Marcus2
13th Dec 2011, 21:44
If you have an application in process this application will remain valid and there is no need to reapply on our new careers page. :ugh:

Hope89
13th Dec 2011, 22:35
I know it's hard, we are all in the same boat...I really think it could go either way to be honest. I applied on the new site and withdrew my old one... then the VERY next day I got a response saying that they're aware it has been some time since I applied and that they're reviewing mine this week. So I really don't know whether it was from the old or the new, or the fact that I changed it... Point being, our names are in there somewhere and I am SURE someone's gota let us know soon either way. Whoever said it's the wrong time for a new website was totally right! haha

imango
13th Dec 2011, 23:36
I applied on the old site, and I got an same email on Monday as well. Don't be paniced. finger crossed:ok:

Dicko17
13th Dec 2011, 23:39
hi everyone!

i have a few questions to see if anyone else is in the same boat in regards to the new website. I recently withdrew my application on the old site for the SYD base, when i found out that the ad was in MEL next week i applied on the new site. Now every time i log in it says under the application progress icon "application acklowedgement". does anyone know what this means? has anyone got anything different? im so confused as to what to expect. i hope i havent killed my chances as i withdrew my first application.
thanks in advance.

Dicko17
14th Dec 2011, 00:16
ok guys,

i just logged onto the old website where i withdrew my application earlier this week... and a whole new application has been submitted! not by me but by some random! i have a boys name, this name is obviously female. im so confused! its a completely different application, still for the SYD base but one that opened and closed on the 13th of december (the last application i sent it closed on the 16th of november), it was exactly the same as the application i sent in, it had my cv attached and answers done for me, its like someone filled out the application for me...
wtf! please someone give me answers!

kahlanne
14th Dec 2011, 00:26
Hi Guys,

I wouldnt stress, Its a long wait i attended the AD back in July for Syndey and am still waiting thats 6 months! so be prepared to wait
I had my references check probs 2 months after the day. Then did my medical in November. They asked me to attend a assesment day in november but it wasnt enough notice.
So im still on the waiting list even after finishing everything.....
So i wouddnt stress they will contact you eventually :)

Goodluck, im going to melb next wed for a half hour interview as i want to change bases from Syd to Melb, So after that should get on a ground school finally..

Shelbs
14th Dec 2011, 00:35
Stay positive people & I don't think anybody should stress - Virgin are very professional & if you have an application and it was acknowledged I wouldn't worry if it was on the old system or new - either way they have your application. Maybe the reason people are getting contact via the new one is they have a back log of applications on the old system that will be reviewed and put into the new one.
Alot of Patience is required (I too am waiting) got to tell you it's a waiting game from here on - as the process is sometimes long & lots of hoops to jump thru.
I plan on enjoying my freedom & the festive silly season because you'll be in for a ride if and when you get the job - ground school and emergency procedures are pretty intense with lots of study required then your in flight training is just as intense!!
Good luck everybody and seriously don't stress it will happen in time :)

hillsgirl
14th Dec 2011, 01:22
can anyone tell me i was invited to AD in Sydney back in November wasnt sucessful can I re-apply? if so how many times should I keep trying :D On the day I went seemed to be alot of older international flighties, and I am only 19 and was the yougest does this matter>

flyawaywithva
14th Dec 2011, 02:56
Marcus is right - be patient!! Seriously! And read back on previous posts.

Despite the DOZENS of other posts reassuring you, every day there are more & more questions about this.

The recruitment process is fast for the very lucky ones that apply at the right time, but for others (me) it can take forever. I waited 6 months for an assessment day, about 4 months for ref checks and am still waiting for a ground school date. Also, don't expect to be updated regularly, especially as they are so so busy at the moment.

Dicko - this also happened to me & is nothing to worry about. The new application that has been submitted was done internally and the name next to it will be the name of a recruiter. Hope that helps!

Good luck everyone.

simpleusername
14th Dec 2011, 07:43
Hi all,

Well this is my first post on this board.
I am VERY excited to be going in for a pre-employment medical tomorrow!!! It has been such a long process but hopefully worth it.

I was worried about one little thing.
Months ago, I had previous mild acne/spots. I've been on a low dose of roaccutane for about 4/5 months and my skin is now next to perfect.

I'm wondering however, would this count against me if this was noted on my medical? I am still scheduled to take the tablet for another 2 months. Should it be declared?

I would love to hear if anyone was in this situation or similar or if you think I should declare it or not. I have come so far and would hate to loose out on something like this. As I mentioned, I am clear skinned now, and totally healthy otherwise.

Thank you!

sydney90
14th Dec 2011, 09:38
Hey Guys,

Had a phone call from recruitment today! They have ground schools scheduled for Sydney on the 3rd and 30th of January. Good luck to all those that applied.

I, unfortunately, am still on a waitlist for a GS after February 15th due to my holiday!

Stay patient and positive guys!

Shelbs
15th Dec 2011, 00:36
Has anybody who applied for Perth base had any contact from Virgin regarding the AD's 20 & 21 December? I'd personally like notice as I need to get organized. Let me know if anybody had heard???:hmm:

marly
15th Dec 2011, 02:09
I have not heard a thing - your like me need to organise things. I need to organise a day off work. The wait is killing me, not sleeping problery, my stomach is in knots. I have not felt this way for ages - exciting hey.
Hopefully something today or tomorrow - fingers crossed

HighFlyer11
15th Dec 2011, 05:57
Shelbs & Marly,

Another applicant i know has received an unsuccessful email so im assuming all Perth emails will be out either today or tomorrow.
Fingers crossed alright!!

Shelbs
15th Dec 2011, 07:19
Then their was contact!!
Got an e-mail saying thank you but you are unsuccessful :mad: (think it was from my last application pulling out a day before the AD even though I e-mailed to withdraw :confused:)
Oh well I am a bit bummed :( but It's just not meant for me!!
Wishing everybody else esp Marly lots of luck and good fortune - finger's crossed for you all :ok: Hope you all have the most awesome christmas & may all your dreams and wishes come true xxx
cheers
Shelby :)

nbailey073
15th Dec 2011, 08:45
hi everyone wondering if anyone can help me out i have submitted an application on the new system and need to change the base preference, i cant seem to do this? do i need to withdraw my application and start all over? or is there a quicker easier way?
thanks in advance
-nic

somewhereat1l
15th Dec 2011, 08:50
Nic I believe if you withdraw your application you are required to wait 12 months before reapplying.

nbailey073
15th Dec 2011, 08:54
thanks..
thants inconvienient!!!
in that case i wont withdraw!!

somewhereat1l
15th Dec 2011, 09:05
Maybe you can lodge a new application for your prefered base? Previously when I applied to Virgin Blue and V Australia they called me to ask which one I wanted to apply for, as you cannot apply for 2 at once. I presume they will do the same with base preference.

imango
15th Dec 2011, 09:09
I got the email for the assessment day this afternoon. I applied the role for Melb at the old site last month. I hope to get through to the panel interview this time. :rolleyes: good luck to all of us.:ok:

nbailey073
15th Dec 2011, 09:35
unfortunatly wont allow me to submit another application, will try and contact virgin and ask if there is a way to change it.

good luck imango! be sure to let us all no how you go!

angelfire
15th Dec 2011, 10:03
Hi everyone, hope everyone is well and happy!!

Just a question about the application for VA. Today I got invited to the assessment day in Melb next week. But I have heard from other VA applicants that there is a online test you have to do. Does anyone know what stage thats in and whether or not you have to get 100% in it to be considered????!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

!!!!ANGel Flyy!!!!

marly
15th Dec 2011, 10:08
Have you noticed that the unsuccessful is from the bfound site. Of the new site where my application is with , so will see if anything turns up tomorrow

Hope89
15th Dec 2011, 10:36
Marly I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!! I am so nervous. I REALLY hope I haven't made a mistake in withdrawing my old application and submitting one on the new site. Someone said that if you do that then your application isn't valid for 12 months!! I guess as long as we weren't a definite yes or no from the first one, then it should be okay.... good luck, I wish everyone all the very best for tomorrow :\

Shelbs
15th Dec 2011, 11:10
Mine was on the new site - I too withdrew from the old & re-submitted to the new. But I reakon my "unsuccessful" was from withdrawing an application that made it to the AD back in August - I had not idea there was a 12mth wait to re-submit - nice to be informed by Virgin? :confused:
Looks like it's a ground job for me ;)
I think that the unsuccessful e-mails were sent today & successful ones will go out tomorrow - good luck all hope the AD goes well. Keep us informed of how you all go.
Now I got to keep positive & hope that I have got the job with Qantas on the ground that I applied for in October!!!

nbailey073
15th Dec 2011, 11:17
im not sure if you withdraw and re-submit your application you need to wait 12 months... im sure you only have to wait 12 month before re-applying if you have been unsuccsessful? can anyone clarify this?
i plan on contacting virgin about this tomorrow regarding this as i cant change my base prefence on the new system without withdrawing my app and putting in a whole new one and i dont think thats how it is intended if thats the case with needing to wait 12 months....

Hope89
15th Dec 2011, 12:29
nbailey073,

That is the logical answer - that you actually need to be either successful or unsuccessful before you are eligible to re-apply again in 12 months time. Otherwise that would just be stupid! - it's an admin error. Hardly fair at all, but I doubt virgin would disadvantage people so quickly like that. I'll be sure to let you know IF I hear anything tomorrow. Good luck, it really is great to see all of us so passionate and motivated about a job :) pat on the back just for that! Sleep well guys

Dicko17
15th Dec 2011, 13:00
hi again everyone!

just a quick question, what does everyones application progress status on the new site say?

marly
15th Dec 2011, 13:17
Just checked mine and it says application unsuccessful , oh well will try again when they advertise again. Good things come to those who wait. Stay strong everyone dreams come true just believe in your self. If you don't succeed the first time try try again.

Dicko17
15th Dec 2011, 13:28
sorry to hear that marly, dont give up! this is my second time trying and i still dont know if ill get that interview next week! take care and keep trying :)

pinkpetals18
15th Dec 2011, 19:12
Hi all My first time here. Firstly a big hug to Marly!! Love the determination. I have my assessment day on Tuesday and looking forward to it. But have no idea what to expect. Been a while since I did group assessment. Xx

pinkpetals18
15th Dec 2011, 19:17
Just one more thing, I submitted my application both in the old and new system. Like everybody I was confused. If somebody can highlight what happens on RD :confused: will really appreciate :)

Hope89
15th Dec 2011, 21:15
Ok now I feel sick :\ haha everyone from melbourne has heard but me! Guess it's still pretty early though. Congrats you guys :D Must be so exciting. And Marly please don't give up, remember you have applied for all those other ones :) you might get a nice surprise in the new year. And someone as determined as you will always succeed sooner or later. All the very very best

Shelbs
15th Dec 2011, 21:46
Had applied to both old & new and I got unsuccessful from both bfound and new system - talk about rub salt into the wound :{
Marly don't give up I know of a few current virgin crew members who had flight attendant expereince (inc myself) that got declined :( before actually getting the job.
Try skywest (although they work hard & hours are sometimes long) they or will soon become part of the virgin group? It could be a step in the right direction :) or try Cobham? Marly pm me if you need some insight into skywest or Cohbam (worked for both). Like me maybe it's just not our time with Virgin yet!!;)

Dicko17
15th Dec 2011, 22:46
dw hope89! i havent heard either... what does your status say? we Have to hear by the end of today

somewhereat1l
15th Dec 2011, 22:57
Shelbs keep trying it took me 4 goes to get in and now I am trying to go back.

Skywest will not become part of Virgin. Whats happening is that Virgin have leased some of their ATR aircraft in a 10 year deal. ATR's are painted in Virgin livery and the crew wear Virgin uniform but have Skywest name badge and wings. The EBA is almost the same as the Virgin EBA.

Hope89
15th Dec 2011, 23:09
Dicko17,

It says "Application Acknowledgment".

Dicko17
15th Dec 2011, 23:14
same. this is killing me!

kahlanne
16th Dec 2011, 00:59
Hey guys,
Anyone that has been invited to the Ad in Melbourne next week
Been notified of the address yet??
Apparently they haven't got a location any know?
Thanks

marly
16th Dec 2011, 02:21
Good luck to all those who are going to AD next week - hope everything goes well for you.

Sorry to all that got the unsuccessfull emails. (I was one) Good Luck for next time - as they said in the email there is more recuirmnet planned - just was not the right time for us yet.

But am abit of pickle - do i just leave that application on the site or do I still need to apply again when they are looking for next time? Would anybody know.

somewhereat1l
16th Dec 2011, 05:15
marly - leave it on the site. When applications reopen it will save you re entering your details.

elrehab
16th Dec 2011, 06:38
i am doing training at the moment . Not for virgin, however i have to report how extremely difficult it is. I have double university degree and it doesnt compare. i find that they expect you to know a chapter each day of a manual and the next day they give you an exam about it with a 80% pass rate.. i think its easy if we had more time and its taking a huge toll on my body. can anyone offer advice. i find that i come home each day after training and study till 1am, then class the next day at 8:30. i dont know how people do it, but i do think whether you have a university degree or no, you got to be naturally smart to grasp the information & we have to learn safety drills word perfect (and im talking about huge paragraph of information in a short amount of time or fail. its really not easy. good luck to everyone, i'm warning you all, that during training you have no life and just barely enough time to breathe let alone eat. and learning to serve people tea and cofee is like .01% important compared to all the stuff you need to know. its all safety procedures everyone and step by step word perfect no mistakes.

Hope89
16th Dec 2011, 07:02
Wow that sounds really bad......

HighFlyer11
16th Dec 2011, 07:18
Elrehab,

Hey doll welcome to the world of being a hostie!! Its amazing how you dont realise the amount of work until you become one its waaay more than just serving tea & coffee. You are pretty much a safety officer/first aider/custy service rep/face of the company. EP's and learning aircrafts/procedures is def gruelling an easy way i remembered things was using butchers paper & writing poems/acronyms and putting on my walls and alot of highlighting! If anything once you're online everything comes into play & you'll be surprised at how natural everything becomes. Make sure to eat well & drink plenty of water!
Best of luck :)

Shelbs
16th Dec 2011, 07:31
Feeling a bit bummed after my double rejection yesterday - I would have loved to return to the skys once again - Hmmm :hmm: I wonder what Virgin are looking for - I meet all the criteria plus more, is it really true that if you withdraw an application you need to wait 12mths to be re-considered? I remember how long it took me to actually become a flight attendant many years ago - silly silly me for leaving it to become a personal trainer (which was so not me!!) Oh well will keep my application on file & will update it every couple of months and we will see what happens? Those who work for virgin or get the job any insight into what it's like to work for them would be appreicated ;)

HighFlyer11
16th Dec 2011, 07:40
Shelbs,

Personally, sometimes i think its whatever mood they're in at the time a few of my hostie friends were also unsuccessful which goes to show sometimes experience isnt everything. I luckily got an invite to next weeks AD so now begins the hard part aswell as serious nerves. If all goes well will def let you know how it all goes.
With the 12month wait i dont think it applies b/c i applied last year around this time & went to an AD but was able apply this time

Hope89
16th Dec 2011, 07:53
Atleast you guys know where you stand!.... I got an email beginning of the week saying that they're reviewing my application and that I'll know by today whether I've been successful or not. Haven't received a thing. I wonder why? And shelbs I believe what Highflyer said is true, sometimes experience isn't everything as I know people who just worked at a supermarket their whole lives and got in (nothing wrong with that ofcourse), then other ex-airline staff who did all the training that didn't. We shall just keep trying! We just need good luck I think :)

Emma-loo
16th Dec 2011, 07:53
Hi guys, has anyone heard about the Perth ground school date in January? I am in the holding pool after I had to turn down a start date on the 17th Nov, was told Id hear something once the ad came back on but haven't heard anything. I've emailed recruitment a few times but had no response, has anyone got a number for them? Anyone in the same position? Thanks

Dicko17
16th Dec 2011, 07:54
im yet to recieve word on weather i have got thru not, what did the rejection email say? did it say anything about not being able to reapply for 12 months?

pinkpetals18
16th Dec 2011, 09:00
The venue is Citigate Hotel, for 20 Dec RD xx

pinkpetals18
16th Dec 2011, 09:15
Hi all... Any advise on what to wear and what is the current look for the AD? Xx

pinkpetals18
16th Dec 2011, 09:19
Hihgflyer11, please throw some light on what to expect on AD or RD? It has been a while since I attended interview assessment days. Thanks.

HighFlyer11
16th Dec 2011, 09:42
Shelbs,

Yea id just keep applying if i was you what harm can you do will just show you're super keen! Have you thought about regional airlines to get back into aviation? I think i phrased it wrong with mood :/ hard to explain but i suppose they know what they want & its getting very competitive with everyone wanting to fly for virgin! Pretty sure there will be plenty of GS next year :)

Pinkpetals,
Hiya doll yea usually they do a presentation about the company so maybs do a bit of research then you have group activities/assessment and then a one on one interview & are asked a couple of questions in regards to custy service etc. best of luck :)

Shelbs
16th Dec 2011, 11:10
Guys good luck @ the AD - just be yourself. Do you company research and when doing the group activities make sure you include everybody and don't be too pushy. I'd dress professionally a suit & look immaculate ( I was once told you need to look like they could put you straight into their uniform and you'd fit right in) I heard they have to wear red lipstick??
And for those who were unsuccessful if you log back into the system it now tells you your application status & you cannot apply for any other base/position??

elrehab
16th Dec 2011, 11:32
for the virgin interview i did this year, i wore professional black skirt, jacket, white shirt, nude stocking, plain black small heeled court shoes, make up, red lip stick (but not too hooker red), hair in bun, (no wispy bits) use hairspray. people dont realise this, but you have to spend the money to look the part. all up i spent around $500, but i looked fabulous, hence the reason i feel, played a part to play in me going forth to a final interview. lots of people look really cheap in interviews. dont be that person. even though i couldnt even get a word in for the group interviews. all up, i looked confident and fabulous. people who made it to the final interview (10 out of 40) looked great. apart from an ex emirates airlines cabin crew. though im assuming she made it through because emirates is the top of the top. she was virtually wearing casual clothes. so there is always an odd one out. but try not to be

though im training with another airline now. i feel virgin feel they are all high and mighty and their final interview for me, was one of my worst interviews ever. they werent very friendly and fired questions that seemed daunting. if its about customer service, this womans interview skills was lacking, and the fact that she stared at her clipboard madly writing (without digesting what i was saying) rather than actually speaking to me or focusing on me properly really put me off. i felt like i was in one of those animal slaughter houses actually, harsh to say. i didnt like virgins attitude, nor the fact they gave no feedback.

Shelbs
16th Dec 2011, 12:26
elrehab
I did almost the same thing with my interview with Qantaslink - looked probably better than many! I had almost the same with my panel - 2 people firing questions & writing down everything I said then asking why did you do that why didn't you do this - it was tough and then the same not successful with no feedback! It must be the standard way to interview these days? Who are you training with now?
Those invited to AD be prepared & you won't feel ambushed if you do your homework & prepare answers to different senario's like give us an example of a situation when you gave great customer service or give us an example when you had a difficult customer and how did you deal with them and did you get a positive result or when and how did you deal with a difficult co-worker? I have had a few recent interviews & they all seem to ask then same kind of stuff good luck to those going to Assessment days :) ) :ok:

hillsgirl
16th Dec 2011, 21:23
I agree, I felt very rejected they did not even listen just kept writing down notes, I diddn't get through should I apply again!

flyawaywithva
16th Dec 2011, 21:26
I felt the AD was much more relaxed than unexpected, I've heard very scary stories about AD's with other airlines.
I will also emphasizes presentation, you can nail the interviews etc but if you look a bit messy you have no chance. Don't put your stockings on till the last min and bring a spare pair, I saw a girl with a ladder - no chance. Brig make up and hairspray and touch up your hair & make up at every chance. Prepare for th questions they might ask, and friendly and chatty with the interviewers and other interviewees at all times. Good luck!!

Emma-loo
16th Dec 2011, 23:49
Whenever they called me , they called from a private number and now I have no number to try and find out whats going on....I think they do this on purpose!:ugh:

Emma-loo
16th Dec 2011, 23:59
Hi Guys,

can anyone advise if the Virgin EBA goes up each year? Is the entry level pay $38k or $44k plus allowances... (I've seen two different posts earlier in the thread relating to this saying different amounts).

Just trying to sus out the budget for next year and wasn't given any pay info even at the AD/interview.

Thanks so much :)

kel84
17th Dec 2011, 01:52
Just wondering if anyone has recently sat the online questionnaire for Virgin Australia for the guest services role? I am wondering if anyone hasn't gotten through from sitting the online exam? Pretty nervous, only got up to question 19 out of 30. How long does it take for them to get back to you after sitting the test?

pinkpetals18
17th Dec 2011, 01:59
Hello Highflyer.. I like the doll bit!! Thanks for the info. It is competitive and all about luck now. I have tried atleast a dozen times, let's see if the stars shine on me xx

shortfinal737
17th Dec 2011, 02:40
Emma-loo, the 38K figure is correct for 1st year cabin crew, then it's just over 40K for 2nd year. There's a new EBA next year so maybe it will go up slightly once that goes through. You will earn slightly more than the base with overnights and other allowances, but don't count on much more than the low 40s in your first year. Do it because you love the job, not for the money! :)

Emma-loo
17th Dec 2011, 08:00
Shortfinal737 thanks for that info, I was expecting around 30k entry pay as that's what it was when I started skywest. So it's higher than that, so that's definitely a bonus! I'm definitely hoping to start flying again for the love of it not for the money but when you have a mortgage and bills to pay... You need to budget for the drop in pay.

Good luck to all going to the AD next week!

ToniGal
17th Dec 2011, 10:02
Are there any others still awaiting their outcome - good/bad/no response??:ugh:

Dicko17
17th Dec 2011, 12:41
no response :( which base are you going for???

Hope89
17th Dec 2011, 23:03
No response for me yet either :( And mine was being "reviewed" last week....