PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

rog747 9th Mar 2019 07:16


Originally Posted by 4Screwaircrew (Post 10410762)
I took over 220 out of NCL on my first trip.

Was it non-stop or via say MAN or GLA

castleford tiger 9th Mar 2019 07:40

Is JET2 now the second biggest fleet in the UK after Easy?
I know of course some Easy are based overseas. I have about 158 Easy aircraft and 100 jet2.
TUI have under 60 in the UK and whilst the group maybe slightly bigger many are overseas.

The continued rise of JET2 who could be up to 125 aircraft by 2021 is incredible

P330 9th Mar 2019 07:41

Utilisation
 
Does anyone know what Jet2ís utilisation is like in winter?

Looking at the the midweek trackers, it seems only a handful of planes were flying.

I can understand that in the early days but with 30+ new builds in the fleet and ooodles of second hand aircraft arriving, it must be expensive to have these planes parked up? And they donít winter lease like TUI do they?

chaps1954 9th Mar 2019 08:16

Wednesday is the day of very little flying with the weekend Friday to Monday quite busy at least at Manchester

VickersVicount 9th Mar 2019 08:17

it can still be less expensive off season to ground than have poorly loaded trips I would have thought. Im sure theyve have 'done the math'

back to Boeing 9th Mar 2019 08:41


Originally Posted by castleford tiger (Post 10411213)
Is JET2 now the second biggest fleet in the UK after Easy?
I know of course some Easy are based overseas. I have about 158 Easy aircraft and 100 jet2.
TUI have under 60 in the UK and whilst the group maybe slightly bigger many are overseas.

The continued rise of JET2 who could be up to 125 aircraft by 2021 is incredible


BAís still a little bigger than both of those (and using your figures, not bothered checking, bigger than both of those combined).

sixchannel 9th Mar 2019 08:44


Originally Posted by VickersVicount (Post 10411246)
it can still be less expensive off season to ground than have poorly loaded trips I would have thought. Im sure theyve have 'done the math'

And would the winter months be therefore the perfect time to service the aircraft and fix all those 'niggles' in their fleet that they lived with in the Summer double rotation days? (Not particularly meaning the regulation checks and overhauls)

LiamNCL 9th Mar 2019 09:47

6 out of 6 738s flying most days apart from TUE WED at NCL with some doing a 2nd trip on a Saturday

Chesty Morgan 9th Mar 2019 09:52

Profit made in the summer more than covers any loss in the winter. Yes, ideally you make a profit year round but the seasonal nature prevents that. Although winters are getting busier so...

OltonPete 9th Mar 2019 10:58

Winter
 

Originally Posted by P330 (Post 10411214)
Does anyone know what Jet2ís utilisation is like in winter?

Looking at the the midweek trackers, it seems only a handful of planes were flying.

I can understand that in the early days but with 30+ new builds in the fleet and ooodles of second hand aircraft arriving, it must be expensive to have these planes parked up? And they donít winter lease like TUI do they?

Very complicated at BHX as the winter is split into many segments - Clock change to the third week in November, high utilisation with at least half of the 8 based flying 4 sectors Friday - Monday and most aircraft flying two sectors Tuesday - Thursday.

Then there is the third week in November to the week before Christmas when BHX's 8 based will be quieter such as Tuesday three flights and Wednesday two-three flights and even Thursday just 5 or 6. A couple of aircraft on a Friday or Saturday might do 4 sectors.

Then there is Christmas and New Year plus the ski season when again 3 or 4 aircraft will do two sectors at the weekend only but most move most days except Tuesday and possibly Wednesday which see the odd extra frequency for a couple of weeks but one flight only..

Once the schools are back in the New Year Wednesday shrinks to two flights and Tuesday 3 and probably one or two aircraft doing 4 sectors Saturday and Sunday

Then Feb half-term comes along and Thursday - Monday expands significantly and most of the extra flights remain until the summer timetable and even increase in March where Friday, Saturday and Sunday can see half the BHX fleet operating 4 sectors. Thursday last week had nine flights operated by nine aircraft some on short flights and Jet2 chose to fly in the 9th aircraft rather operate say the extra flight (KEF) then Malaga or Alicante after (That is not a criticism just an observation). Tuesday and Wednesday see extra flying but not all 8 based and certainly there hasn't been any 4 sector days until the end of March.

Overall the BHX base in winter has been fantastic, good, sensible utilisation but also very aware these shiny new 737's don't come cheap and it is not the same as having a fully depreciated aircraft on site.

Pete

chaps1954 9th Mar 2019 14:41

Manchester has 21 arrivals today

Ian

HH6702 9th Mar 2019 15:35

125 aircraft by 2021 where is this information come from ?

Jamesair 9th Mar 2019 16:03

Jet 2 have been very active in extending the summer holiday market, by starting some flights in February and operating into November where possible on others thereby extending the season. They also operate a popular series of "shopping" day trips to European Cities and New York as well as Iceland trips from several of their base airports. However, they do seem to have missed out on the "Santa" market around Christmas time.

LBAflyer22 9th Mar 2019 16:32


Originally Posted by Jamesair (Post 10411603)
Jet 2 have been very active in extending the summer holiday market, by starting some flights in February and operating into November where possible on others thereby extending the season. They also operate a popular series of "shopping" day trips to European Cities and New York as well as Iceland trips from several of their base airports. However, they do seem to have missed out on the "Santa" market around Christmas time.

Jet2 operate an extensive operation into Northern Lapland during November and into December. These are all charter flights and not their own. I think that's very good business sense. Let the experts fill the aircraft and they'll fly the aircraft.

MKY661 9th Mar 2019 22:19


Originally Posted by Plane.Silly (Post 10401030)
Would be a real shame, If my money was on any of them, i'd say the 3 ex China Southern G-LSAG/H/I. These are the 3 oldest and must be coming up to a major C check by now (32y old)

Jethro's site states that these indeed are the three.

Buster the Bear 10th Mar 2019 11:44

G-LSAH had a major check at Lasham during Oct/Nov 2018.

slfsteve 10th Mar 2019 12:16

Having just flow back from Lanzarote with Jet2 (ex primera) there were 6 on the tarmac with more due to arrive later and some having already left.

ssflyer 10th Mar 2019 17:25

LS1232 GNB/BHX diverted to EMA today.
High winds affecting BHX but all other aircraft made it in and this was the only diversion ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...s1232#1fc13268

OltonPete 10th Mar 2019 19:02

Diversion
 

Originally Posted by ssflyer (Post 10412644)
LS1232 GNB/BHX diverted to EMA today.
High winds affecting BHX but all other aircraft made it in and this was the only diversion ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...s1232#1fc13268

Probably just bad luck - gusts both times on the approaches (made at least two approaches) although the beast from the east (EK A380) made it in first time just before. The confusing aspect was the Swiss 190 which actually diverted in just after from London City and there was a BA Gatwick divert earlier a s well. It was incredibly gusty and there were other go-arounds by Jet2 aircraft

Came back from EMA later but I assume pax coached.

Pete

castleford tiger 10th Mar 2019 19:22

125 figure came from me based on summer 2020 and same growth in 2021

ok?


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:59.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.