PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

HH6702 11th Mar 2019 14:07

Ok good to hear

new route for 2020 from Newcastle to kos
let's see what else jet2 have planned for UK airports

GAZMO 11th Mar 2019 14:16

Belfast to Izmir new for 2020

Travel Agent 12th Mar 2019 10:20

Trade press release states this:

New Routes on sale:

Belfast to Izmir (Turkey)
Birmingham to Budapest/Kefalonia/Nice
Newcastle to Kos

More destinations coming soon.....

Edinburgh, East Midlands & Glasgow are coming soon.

2Planks 12th Mar 2019 17:08

Any spares kicking around to help out airlines suffering from the banning of Mad MAX from most European airspace??

rog747 12th Mar 2019 17:14


Originally Posted by 2Planks (Post 10415357)
Any spares kicking around to help out airlines suffering from the banning of Mad MAX from most European airspace??

DY/DI/D8 say they have 110 738's and will be OK for cover - some short term canx's/alterations like tonight from NYC and DUB & EDI tomorrow.

Re TUI Its still winter season so TUI should be able to cover their own Ops - but if the MAX no fly ban goes on for ages then yes their S19 season will be a trial for TOM/BY and their TUI Benelux counterparts to cover...
Maybe they are de-mothballing any 757's they have just sent back as we speak.(and keeping all the 767's)
DY/D8/DI do fly charters for TUI Hols.

Enter Air will not be able to fly S19 for Sunvil Holidays own Greece and Greek Islands charter series with any of their MAX fleet if the ban goes on into the Season.

Just to be sure I gather Jet 2 did not order any MAX's???

Johnny [email protected] Pants 12th Mar 2019 19:20


Just to be sure I gather Jet 2 did not order any MAX's???
​​​​​​​Correct, Jet2 have NO Max’s

LiamNCL 12th Mar 2019 19:45

TUI could be tight as their MAX aircraft were replacing aircraft being withdrawn and have aircraft on lease to Sunwing.

BFS BHD 13th Mar 2019 00:58

Going by Planespotters website the next four second hand aircraft for Jet2 are:

Ex Primera Air - OY-PSE... Age 18.3 years

Ex Primera Air - YL-PSH... Age 13.3 years

Ex SpiceJet - VT-SPF... Age 13.2 years

Ex Norwegian Air - EI-FJG... Age 8.5 years

Kidbooo 13th Mar 2019 07:07

Hello everyone,,
We only started in April and the kind of growth from a brand that carried no value in the south is promising.
The return rate is very high plus 60% within a year so add that to new clients and boom.
The BOD were due into the airport at 5.00 am the following day to see if things were sweet.
There can be little growth at Leeds now its almost full and the Faro flight boards in Cookridge !!
Its a shame that LBA spoil the good work with their shabby approach.
1 hour to get through passports and the same for bags is not good.

Plane.Silly 13th Mar 2019 10:27


Any spares kicking around to help out airlines suffering from the banning of Mad MAX from most European airspace??
Withoutout knowing specific numbers, if there were any recoveries, Today (Wednesday) and Tomorrow (Thursday) would be the days to do it, i believe most aircraft are in use Friday to Monday.
Haven't spotted any on FR24, but will keep you posted if i do

CCFAIRPORT 13th Mar 2019 12:47

Bergerac - London STN

BEGINS 23 MAY 2020

Buster the Bear 13th Mar 2019 19:25


Originally Posted by BFS BHD (Post 10416015)
Going by Planespotters website the next four second hand aircraft for Jet2 are:

Ex Norwegian Air - EI-FJG... Age 8.5 years

Been sat at Lasham in Fly Bondi livery for many months.

castleford tiger 15th Mar 2019 17:58


Originally Posted by Kidbooo (Post 10416222)
Hello everyone,,
We only started in April and the kind of growth from a brand that carried no value in the south is promising.
The return rate is very high plus 60% within a year so add that to new clients and boom.
The BOD were due into the airport at 5.00 am the following day to see if things were sweet.
There can be little growth at Leeds now its almost full and the Faro flight boards in Cookridge !!
Its a shame that LBA spoil the good work with their shabby approach.
1 hour to get through passports and the same for bags is not good.

TOTALLY AGREE re LBA

rpmac 15th Mar 2019 19:57

That's why the terminal expansion is now getting under way! Funny thing success!

Buster the Bear 15th Mar 2019 20:46

G-GDFT should be back into revenue service this coming week.

Plane.Silly 18th Mar 2019 15:26


G-GDFT should be back into revenue service this coming week.
Correct, Just returned from operating LBA to BCN (EXS231/2), on time both ways

LBAflyer22 24th Mar 2019 20:36


Originally Posted by Buster the Bear (Post 10296098)
Announcement to be made Q1 2019, not launch of routes.

There is one working week left of Q1 2019. Will we get this announcement? Or has the announcement been postponed due to Brexit or Boeing Problems?

castleford tiger 26th Mar 2019 18:33


Originally Posted by rpmac (Post 10419884)
That's why the terminal expansion is now getting under way! Funny thing success!

Have to disagree there. Reactive rather than proactive. I use the place twice a month and the delays at PPC are shocking. Improve the area or get more staff.
The lounge situation ( where card holders cannot get in) due to on the spot sales. Poor.


Get the train link in and sort the above and happy days.

irishlad06 26th Mar 2019 20:48


Originally Posted by LBAflyer22 (Post 10428688)
There is one working week left of Q1 2019. Will we get this announcement? Or has the announcement been postponed due to Brexit or Boeing Problems?

2 new routes to be launched. Zadar and Preveza

Plane mad 134 26th Mar 2019 20:56

Does anyone have any info in when the Glasgow and Edinburgh S20 flights will be released, and if so I wonder if the new routes will be from these bases as well as some other airports.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:08.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.