PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

LiamNCL 11th Dec 2018 12:23


Originally Posted by Plane.Silly (Post 10333007)
Bit of both. They retired a few of the B733's this year, leaving either 11/ 12 in the fleet, which look to only be in BFS, EMA, LBA and NCL at present. NCL may also be an all B738 base from Feb (can anyone confirm?)
The last New B738 is due in January. This and the other 2nd hand's will help with expansion, mainly in MAN/BHX/STN i'd guess

NCL all 738 by April i know maybe even before

Gurnard 11th Dec 2018 14:38


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10333078)
Well also per Jethros the proposed acquisition of G-DRTO (ex TC-SNY) has been cancelled so one of them will be to replace this I imagine.

This needs confirmation as Jethros says nothing about this - though Skyliner did yesterday. TC-SNY arrived at QLA on the 8th December. If not for Jet 2, where is it going?

jethro15 11th Dec 2018 15:45


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10333259)
This needs confirmation as Jethros says nothing about this - though Skyliner did yesterday. TC-SNY arrived at QLA on the 8th December. If not for Jet 2, where is it going?

See previous updates for 07 Dec. Jet2 declined to take this airframe (Reason unknown)
TC-SNY is at Lasham now for storage

Gurnard 11th Dec 2018 19:54


Originally Posted by jethro15 (Post 10333312)
See previous updates for 07 Dec. Jet2 declined to take this airframe (Reason unknown)
TC-SNY is at Lasham now for storage

Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!

Flap40 12th Dec 2018 13:40


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10333482)
Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!

Actually, 7 of the -300's are younger.

Mr Angry from Purley 13th Dec 2018 14:03


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10333482)
Thanks. I had only looked at the Jet 2 fleet where G-DRTO is listed as a potential acquisition - nothing more specific. I guess the registration could now be taken up by another frame.
Interestingly TC-SNY was the first 737-800 to fly - 21 years ago. Newer than the 300s currently still in use with Jet 2, but they can probably get something better!

21 years that's unbelievable!

Plane.Silly 13th Dec 2018 14:28

Lots of people don't realise this and just bundle them all into the 30+ bunch. The youngest of the B733's, i believe is G-GDFM and celebrated it's 20th (first flight) birthday just 3 days ago (10th Dec)

Gurnard 15th Dec 2018 09:36

G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?

sixchannel 15th Dec 2018 09:51


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10336172)
G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?

It returned to MAN as LS880 ALC-MAN on the 13th.
No idea why it stayed at AGP - Crew 'sunshine break' perhaps. Lol.

Gurnard 15th Dec 2018 10:06

Strange. :confused: According to FR24 LS880 on the 13th was operated by G-GDFX while G-JZBR is still showing at ALC.

sixchannel 15th Dec 2018 10:43


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10336199)
Strange. :confused: According to FR24 LS880 on the 13th was operated by G-GDFX while G-JZBR is still showing at ALC.

My apologies! I used Planefinder to give the flight details. It indeed shows it as LS880 but if i run the flight track it just goes Malaga - Alicante.

MKY661 15th Dec 2018 11:29

I saw G-JZBR at AGP on Monday night and it was parked remote after it parked at Gate B11 when it arrived, so I'm assuming it was tech or something.

DjerbaDevil 15th Dec 2018 11:46


G-JZBR
Operated LS809 MAN-AGP on 10th December, remained at AGP until the 13th, then positioned to ALC as EXS041A. Did this a/c become u/s at AGP and then position to ALC for attention, or is there another reason accounting for it not returning to MAN?
Hydraulic pump failure. New spare part flown in and replaced.

sixchannel 15th Dec 2018 21:58


Originally Posted by DjerbaDevil (Post 10336256)
Hydraulic pump failure. New spare part flown in and replaced.

And then departed ALC for LBA today as EXS186D was turned straight round and departed LBA as EXS042A back to ALC. Go figure!

chaps1954 16th Dec 2018 13:19

Just arriving Manchester as LS880

Ian

Gurnard 17th Dec 2018 08:38

G-JZBR
Saturday 15th took over LS186 from G-GDFU at ALC and flew the Malaga-LBA as LS186D. It then positioned back to ALC to operate Sunday's LS880 to MAN. Following this it did a single trip to Prague, then positioned back to MAN. Today another positioning flight - this time to BOH for logo to be applied to the basic blue paintwork.

sixchannel 17th Dec 2018 10:58


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10337456)
G-JZBR
Saturday 15th took over LS186 from G-GDFU at ALC and flew the Malaga-LBA as LS186D. It then positioned back to ALC to operate Sunday's LS880 to MAN. Following this it did a single trip to Prague, then positioned back to MAN. Today another positioning flight - this time to BOH for logo to be applied to the basic blue paintwork.

G-GDFU was Tech and is now en route back to LBA on an EXS052B Code at a lowly 346kts and 10,000ft. Pressurisation issue?

Gurnard 17th Dec 2018 17:53


Originally Posted by sixchannel (Post 10337553)
G-GDFU was Tech and is now en route back to LBA on an EXS052B Code at a lowly 346kts and 10,000ft. Pressurisation issue?

Sounds enough like it.

SWBKCB 17th Dec 2018 19:02

What did the Captain have for breakfast?

sixchannel 19th Dec 2018 20:08

What happens post Brexit extension?
 
In view of the increasing danger of the UK going No Deal and the EU flying rights only extending a year beyond that, any kind of Statement would be appreciated from our Flight and Holiday company of choice as to how they intend to attract any kind of Business in 2020.
I'm sure that there will be millions of potential customers sitting on their hands, unprepared to book holidays and/or flights beyond 2019 with no certainty that they can actually reach their destinations.
Jet2's view on events would be handy.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.