PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

Flying Hi 1st Feb 2020 10:34


Originally Posted by LiamNCL (Post 10677000)
They are using the old TCX sim.

Thank you rubymurray and LiamNCL for the info. Much appreciated.

nowhereasfiled 1st Feb 2020 19:48

Looks like HK had some issues on the STN TFS today, turned back shortly after departure. Rumour has it that it was a pressure problem and the masks in the cabin were dropped.

JonnyH 1st Feb 2020 20:26


Originally Posted by nowhereasfiled (Post 10677307)
Looks like HK had some issues on the STN TFS today, turned back shortly after departure. Rumour has it that it was a pressure problem and the masks in the cabin were dropped.

Good service having the spare at TFS too so whilst the outbound was delayed the customers at the other ended hopped on HN without any delay.

SilverCityKid 3rd Feb 2020 11:39

Jet 2 & The Princes Trust
 
Well done Jet 2 !

I am delighted to see that the Princes Trust, working in co-operation with Manchester Airport Group are running a "Get into Customer Services" Course for young people aged 19 to 30 who are on benefits and interested in working for Jet 2, are ready for work and able to get to Manchester Airport.
Tester Day : 26th February 2020
Course Dates: 9th to 20th March 2020
Participants will gain:
4 qualifications in Customer Service, Mental Health, Aviation & Employability.
A guaranteed interview with Jet 2 for live vacancies and continuous support afterwards.
Travel Expenses.

What it does not say but probably includes is help in surmounting the hurdles required to get an Airside Pass for Manchester Airport, which can be off-putting for those who are not familiar with the requirements.

Once again, well done to Jet 2 for its community values which were well displayed in the efforts it has already made to help and recruit former Thomas Cook employees.

For further details contact: [email protected].

I have no connection with Jet 2.

jethro15 3rd Feb 2020 13:10


When's the first ex Thomas Cook/Condor A321 due for Jet2?
Things are beginning to happen
​​​​​​​

FamilyOf6 3rd Feb 2020 21:44

Geeky first post... Is there any meaning behind the registration series chosen, or is it a case of what is available.

JZH- looks like Jet2Holidays... HLY (for the "new" 321s - HoLidaY?? and what about DRT... DART Group?

Have I missed anything or barking up the wrong tree?

FamilyOf6 3rd Feb 2020 21:53

Deleting duplicate post

Gurnard 4th Feb 2020 07:32


Originally Posted by FamilyOf6 (Post 10678786)
Geeky first post... Is there any meaning behind the registration series chosen, or is it a case of what is available.

JZH- looks like Jet2Holidays... HLY (for the "new" 321s - HoLidaY?? and what about DRT... DART Group?

Have I missed anything or barking up the wrong tree?

You are correct! Thumbs up

Flying Wild 4th Feb 2020 09:10


Originally Posted by FamilyOf6 (Post 10678786)
Geeky first post... Is there any meaning behind the registration series chosen, or is it a case of what is available.

JZH- looks like Jet2Holidays... HLY (for the "new" 321s - HoLidaY?? and what about DRT... DART Group?

Have I missed anything or barking up the wrong tree?

Along with CE-- - Channel Express and LS-- - LS is the IATA airline code for Jet2.

mariofly12 4th Feb 2020 09:16

I've seen that the A321s carry 218pax...I do hope that the ex-TCX get a makeover and become more comfortable, because when i flew with TCX it was knee-crunching tight.It's odd though because Easyjet's A321s carry 235 pax and are still comfortable

garry8g 4th Feb 2020 09:30


Originally Posted by mariofly12 (Post 10679069)
I've seen that the A321s carry 218pax...I do hope that the ex-TCX get a makeover and become more comfortable, because when i flew with TCX it was knee-crunching tight.It's odd though because Easyjet's A321s carry 235 pax and are still comfortable

Jet2's A321's will all be 220 seats.

Flying Wild 4th Feb 2020 10:38


Originally Posted by mariofly12 (Post 10679069)
I've seen that the A321s carry 218pax...I do hope that the ex-TCX get a makeover and become more comfortable, because when i flew with TCX it was knee-crunching tight.It's odd though because Easyjet's A321s carry 235 pax and are still comfortable

The seats will be the same as currently installed on the rest of the Jet2 fleet. The seats play a big part in the comfort of one's legs and comments are often received about how comfortable the Jet2 seats are compared to competitors.

daz211 4th Feb 2020 10:44

Some new seasonal routes will start appearing in the system soon,
Making use of the extra Aircraft, Over the winter months.

BehindBlueEyes 4th Feb 2020 11:41


Originally Posted by daz211 (Post 10679135)
Some new seasonal routes will start appearing in the system soon,
Making use of the extra Aircraft, Over the winter months.

Still got fingers crossed that Jet2 will be needing B737 flight crew!

GCELY 4th Feb 2020 14:00


Originally Posted by daz211 (Post 10679135)
Some new seasonal routes will start appearing in the system soon,
Making use of the extra Aircraft, Over the winter months.

Prague and Budapest becoming seasonal from EMA. Unsure as to why or if this is being done at other bases too.

The AvgasDinosaur 4th Feb 2020 21:34

Pabely started this thread with a quoted 2017 statement from Mr. Meeson could any one please supply a link to the 2019 equivalent if itís been published ? I can not find it on line.
Thanks in anticipation for your time and trouble.
Be lucky
David
P.S. Iím guessing it was at the AGM or similar?

pabely 4th Feb 2020 21:49


Originally Posted by The AvgasDinosaur (Post 10679594)
Pabely started this thread with a quoted 2017 statement from Mr. Meeson could any one please supply a link to the 2019 equivalent if itís been published ? I can not find it on line.
Thanks in anticipation for your time and trouble.
Be lucky
David
P.S. Iím guessing it was at the AGM or similar?

A simple google of Dart Group News brings this back Directors Statement

LiamNCL 5th Feb 2020 07:20

Anyone know the reason Jet2's DRTA & JZBE are LGW bound ? Few others too STN-LIS & BHX-HAJ

mariofly12 5th Feb 2020 07:21


Originally Posted by garry8g (Post 10679080)
Jet2's A321's will all be 220 seats.

Yes and..no..Not all of them..The one i checked on my booking out of STN has 218 seats (37 rows minus 4seats)..The ones out of MAN have a different config. and indeed 220 seats (38 rows and row 39 on the right side with two seats)

Off Stand 5th Feb 2020 07:28


Originally Posted by mariofly12 (Post 10679795)
Yes and..no..Not all of them..The one i checked on my booking out of STN has 218 seats (37 rows minus 4seats)..The ones out of MAN have a different config. and indeed 220 seats (38 rows and row 39 on the right side with two seats)

I'm guessing that the ex TCX (and those belonging to Jet2) have 220 seats and the leased in aircraft have 218, based on the assumption the ex TCX machines are based at MAN and BHX.


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:12.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.