PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

rog747 19th Feb 2019 19:54

I spose Jet2 aircraft registrations G-JZxx means Jet2 and G-JZHx Jet2 Holidays
and G-DRTx from the parent Dart group :):rolleyes:

Gurnard 20th Feb 2019 12:20

You're absolutely right!

rog747 20th Feb 2019 12:33


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10395564)
You're absolutely right!

Yay! gold star for me and I like their TV ads - very upbeat

Johnny [email protected] Pants 20th Feb 2019 21:18

G-GDFx = Great Deal Friendlier
G-CELx = Channel Express

I donít know what G-JZBx relates to apart from the obvious (perhaps) JZ element.

Fly757X 20th Feb 2019 21:28


Originally Posted by Johnny [email protected] Pants (Post 10396004)
G-GDFx = Great Deal Friendlier
G-CELx = Channel Express

I donít know what G-JZBx relates to apart from the obvious (perhaps) JZ element.

G-JZBx = Jet2 City(B)reaks?

BOHEuropean 20th Feb 2019 21:46

G-JZBx
 
Only guessing here, but J for Jet2, Z because it looks like a 2 (Jet2) and B for Boeing

G-JZB..

Plane.Silly 21st Feb 2019 15:07

Will be interesting to see what comes next in a few years time.
They've started a Villas product, so maybe the next series could be G-JZV#?
Also helps with aircraft ID, since they have A#, B#, F#, H# and T# lines

G-AZUK 21st Feb 2019 15:16

The G-DRTx series are all the leased units, so likely will be sooner rather than later before they need a new series depending on their used aircraft acquisition needs. I'd personally like to see G-EXSx as a nod to their heritage!

rog747 21st Feb 2019 15:22

call sign was Channex IRC - so G-CHXx or G-CNXx

garry8g 21st Feb 2019 15:32


Originally Posted by G-AZUK (Post 10396645)
The G-DRTx series are all the leased units, so likely will be sooner rather than later before they need a new series depending on their used aircraft acquisition needs.

There are other leased units within the fleet, not in that series:- G-GDFC, G-GDFF, G-GDFJ, G-GDFS, G-GDFV, G-GDFW, G-GDFX, G-GDFZ. And also G-JZHA & G-JZHB.

I'm also sure that a couple of the G-DRTx series are owned.

garry8g 21st Feb 2019 15:36

G-DRTT (Ex Primera) aircraft currently out for a test flight from LBA - I think.

BFS BHD 23rd Feb 2019 15:46


Originally Posted by Fly757X (Post 10382313)
G-GDFH has been WFU, citing significant issues, G-GDFT is just in for checks.

Any idea when G-GDFT will be in the air again?

Buster the Bear 23rd Feb 2019 18:36

Next week for G-GDFT.

BFS BHD 23rd Feb 2019 18:46


Originally Posted by Buster the Bear (Post 10398542)
Next week for G-GDFT.

Thanks! Any word on when the other 2nd hand B737-800 are due? Going by Jethros there is ten more due prior Summer 2019.

mariofly12 23rd Feb 2019 21:45

I know that Jet2 is phasing out its very old -300s but instead of going for a full-only 738-fleet, shouldn't it lease some newish 737-700 to stay in the 150pax-category? Type-rating shouldn't be a problem, the planes are not that old (compared to the 733s and 752s) and they'd cover a lot of thinner/winter routes where the 738s may be a bit big..Plus the 737-700 has great range and can fly to/from the Canaries/Cyprus with no problem..Just a thought..

chaps1954 24th Feb 2019 08:13

In Europe the B737-700 hasn`t really sold that well and the UK market seems to not like them at all, B738 does`t seem to have any problems in general on Cyprus or Canary Islands
routes

mariofly12 24th Feb 2019 12:43


Originally Posted by chaps1954 (Post 10398945)
In Europe the B737-700 hasn`t really sold that well and the UK market seems to not like them at all, B738 does`t seem to have any problems in general on Cyprus or Canary Islands
routes

Yes i know the 738 flies without any problems to Canaries,Cyprus..I was referring more to the pax capacity issue, where a 737-700 can replace the 733s on thinner routes or winter routes. And the 737-700 might not have had the success of Airbus but it's still flown by TUI,Tarom,KLM,Blue Air, Germania until recently,SAS

Johnny [email protected] Pants 24th Feb 2019 13:02


I was referring more to the pax capacity issue, where a 737-700 can replace the 733s on thinner routes or winter routes
For the little difference it is to operate a 700 vs an 800 it isn't worth restricting yourself, might as well operate a 800 with the extra 40 seats in the hope of selling some of them rather than being constrained.

LiamNCL 24th Feb 2019 13:20

See no case for Jet2 to operate 2 varients of the 737. The 737-800 has 189 seats which is only about 5 more than the A320 these days. With airlines in direct competition with Jet2 like easyjet phasing out the A319, Ryanair and TUI operating the 738 and larger MAX models Jet2 would just be handicapping theirself with a smaller model that has considerably less seats.

mullac30 24th Feb 2019 13:20


Originally Posted by mariofly12 (Post 10399142)
Yes i know the 738 flies without any problems to Canaries,Cyprus..I was referring more to the pax capacity issue, where a 737-700 can replace the 733s on thinner routes or winter routes. And the 737-700 might not have had the success of Airbus but it's still flown by TUI,Tarom,KLM,Blue Air, Germania until recently,SAS

If they really wanted an aircaft for thin routes, it would make more sense to go for one that was purpose built for the segment, like the A220-300, rather than a shink which would only have marginally lower running costs than the main model .


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.