PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Manchester-2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599775-manchester-2-a.html)

eggc 22nd May 2020 15:46


Originally Posted by Mr A Tis (Post 10789857)
The rare exception might be with Jet2 who have performed very well with customer refunds, thereby inspiring confidence in change/refunds if flights are cancelled. (All Jet2 flights cancelled until July 1st)

Our household doesnt agree ! The Mrs swears she'll never use Jet2 again. I realise these companies need our money and issuing refunds would cripple them, but we never agreed to being an interst free loan company to them. I am not as fussy, I'll want a holiday as soon as and dont want Jet2 ( or others ) go bust really, so keeping my money doesnt bother me...Jet2's accessibility and taking then fully balance knowing the holiday would not be going ahead has driven the Mrs crazy....and no doubt thousands of others.

Johnny [email protected] Pants 22nd May 2020 16:42


Originally Posted by eggc (Post 10789988)
Our household doesnt agree ! The Mrs swears she'll never use Jet2 again. I realise these companies need our money and issuing refunds would cripple them, but we never agreed to being an interst free loan company to them. I am not as fussy, I'll want a holiday as soon as and dont want Jet2 ( or others ) go bust really, so keeping my money doesnt bother me...Jet2's accessibility and taking then fully balance knowing the holiday would not be going ahead has driven the Mrs crazy....and no doubt thousands of others.

So who will you use then, no other airline has done more or refunded as quickly? The fact that it will have taken them a while to process refunds is surely understandable in the circumstances.

True Blue 22nd May 2020 16:59

With maybe tens of thousands of passengers affected almost all at the same time, why do people believe that all these refunds should be made in a few days? How many do you think were disrupted at say Easyjet? Maybe if people would make a point of having some savings behind them then they wouldn't be standing waiting every minute for these refunds to appear. And don't start telling me that many of these passengers can't afford to have savings, far too many live to their limit every week in the belief that nothing will never go wrong, then when it does they are sunk.

eggc 23rd May 2020 07:46

We wanted to cancel, but she could not get hold of them, and then the date came where they automatically took the full balance for a holiday they clearly could not honour. Now I aint really bothered - we'll go at somepoint, but I bet there are families out there in the same boat that did not have that money to be taken as their position changed also. It was quite naughty TBH. Since they took the balance we have had 3 or 4 mails off them about options, but nothing before they had all they money...money which we did not want taking out of our bank.

Flying Hi 23rd May 2020 08:23


Originally Posted by Johnny [email protected] Pants (Post 10790060)
So who will you use then, no other airline has done more or refunded as quickly? The fact that it will have taken them a while to process refunds is surely understandable in the circumstances.

Quite so. Jet2s professionalism in refunding us has, if anything, reinforced our brand loyalty. Come 2021 (2020 is a dead duck now for us) we'll be comparing TUI's attitude to its Customers to Jet2 and others, if there are any and I cant see how ANYONE could trust TUI to do the right thing ever again.

DomyDom 23rd May 2020 09:28


Originally Posted by MKY661 (Post 10789797)
Flights for July are loaded atm but I would imagine a lot of them will be taken off sale in a few weeks time. This was the case in April, May & June.

But by it's nature this is a fast changing situation that is kept under review. The situation is improving in the UK and in other European countries. If foreign office advice against all international travel is changed and quarantine requirements are lifted on our European neighbours I don't see why the flights would be taken off sale.

DomyDom 23rd May 2020 09:35

MAN-LUX
 
MAN-LUX returns 3 times a week (Fri Mon Wed) from 29th June on a Dash 8 courtesy of Luxair.😊

NorvernSuvna 23rd May 2020 09:46


Originally Posted by Ex Cargo Clown (Post 10788976)
20 tonne pallet? are you sure?

no , a palletised shipment, not 20 T on one pallet .......... it was just to differentiate that the shipment was general cargo and not parcels....

Navpi 23rd May 2020 17:31

Refunds are nothing to do with the Manchester thread.

Can they be moved to a general refund thread rather than hijack issues specific to Manchester.


chinapattern 23rd May 2020 20:49


Originally Posted by DomyDom (Post 10790674)
MAN-LUX returns 3 times a week (Fri Mon Wed) from 29th June on a Dash 8 courtesy of Luxair.😊

Unlikely now UK borders are essentially closed!

SCFC1EP 23rd May 2020 22:53

Spanish Prime Minister has quoted today that Spain will be open to ALL tourists including BRITISH from July (no exact date given but ready how things are changing looks to be the 1st July) looking on Ryanair at PMI they've updated the schedule from 2 or 3 flights per day to just the one flight a early evening departure 2310hrs return into Manchester at least we will see aircraft in the late evening then, as currently last flight arrives around 1430hrs ex IOM/ABZ
Easyjet and Jet2 are showing various destinations bookable from 01/07/20, other airlines AY restart daily flight 1/7 and LH start late June 6 x weekly to FRA
July 1st seems to be restart some normality at least we should be able to go to Spain for holiday and not have to quarantine whilst there, this could be the first chance to get a nice pint in a pub...happy days...oops then we have to sit at home for 2 weeks afterwards oh well at least we had two weeks of freedom

Flying Hi 24th May 2020 08:07


Originally Posted by SCFC1EP (Post 10791448)
Spanish Prime Minister has quoted today that Spain will be open to ALL tourists including BRITISH from July (no exact date given but ready how things are changing looks to be the 1st July) looking on Ryanair at PMI they've updated the schedule from 2 or 3 flights per day to just the one flight a early evening departure 2310hrs return into Manchester at least we will see aircraft in the late evening then, as currently last flight arrives around 1430hrs ex IOM/ABZ
Easyjet and Jet2 are showing various destinations bookable from 01/07/20, other airlines AY restart daily flight 1/7 and LH start late June 6 x weekly to FRA
July 1st seems to be restart some normality at least we should be able to go to Spain for holiday and not have to quarantine whilst there, this could be the first chance to get a nice pint in a pub...happy days...oops then we have to sit at home for 2 weeks afterwards oh well at least we had two weeks of freedom

That Freedom is called The Sack. As an employer just trying to get things re-started and then my Work(shy)force wanting a 'pint in a pub' and being off for 4 weeks would be my last straw.

DomyDom 24th May 2020 08:56


Originally Posted by chinapattern (Post 10791367)
Unlikely now UK borders are essentially closed!

I think that the 14 day quarentine requirement is likely to be lifted at the beginning of July when the UK moves to phase 3 of the recovery plan. It's under continuous review anyway and like FCO advice not to travel it can change when circumstances change.

DomyDom 24th May 2020 09:00


Originally Posted by Flying Hi (Post 10791664)
That Freedom is called The Sack. As an employer just trying to get things re-started and then my Work(shy)force wanting a 'pint in a pub' and being off for 4 weeks would be my last straw.

If quarentine requirements are lifted I don't see why anyone would need 4 weeks off work if they are fit and well.

DomyDom 24th May 2020 09:34


Originally Posted by SCFC1EP (Post 10791448)
Spanish Prime Minister has quoted today that Spain will be open to ALL tourists including BRITISH from July (no exact date given but ready how things are changing looks to be the 1st July) looking on Ryanair at PMI they've updated the schedule from 2 or 3 flights per day to just the one flight a early evening departure 2310hrs return into Manchester at least we will see aircraft in the late evening then, as currently last flight arrives around 1430hrs ex IOM/ABZ
Easyjet and Jet2 are showing various destinations bookable from 01/07/20, other airlines AY restart daily flight 1/7 and LH start late June 6 x weekly to FRA
July 1st seems to be restart some normality at least we should be able to go to Spain for holiday and not have to quarantine whilst there, this could be the first chance to get a nice pint in a pub...happy days...oops then we have to sit at home for 2 weeks afterwards oh well at least we had two weeks of freedom

I think the UK's 2 week quarantine rule.will be gone by July. Airlines I believe are confident of this which is why most post-June bookings are still standing. I am booked to fly MAN-VRN in mid-July with Jet2 and it hasn't been cancelled so far.

Mister Geezer 24th May 2020 11:06

For those thinking of travelling but not made any plans yet, then consider travelling back to the UK via the Republic of Ireland, as you will be absolved of any quarantine regulations on arrival in the UK.

eggc 24th May 2020 11:24


Originally Posted by Mister Geezer (Post 10791832)
For those thinking of travelling but not made any plans yet, then consider travelling back to the UK via the Republic of Ireland, as you will be absolved of any quarantine regulations on arrival in the UK.

I am not sure thats correct Mister G ? Its dependant on your passport nationality and not where you arrive from isnt it ??

papabravowhiskey 24th May 2020 11:35


Originally Posted by eggc (Post 10791856)
I am not sure thats correct Mister G ? Its dependant on your passport nationality and not where you arrive from isnt it ??

From the UK Govt website:
You will not need to fill in the form or self-isolate for 14 days if you’re travelling to the UK from:
  • Ireland
  • the Channel Islands
  • the Isle of Man

If you were tempted to try this route, you might want to buy a separate ticket for the RoI-UK leg rather than a through ticket ... and you'd need to stay "in transit" in DUB or SNN.
However, by the time that travel becomes possible, the quarantine regs might have been refined ...

andy mach 1 24th May 2020 12:07


Originally Posted by eggc (Post 10791856)
I am not sure thats correct Mister G ? Its dependant on your passport nationality and not where you arrive from isnt it ??


I do believe that you have to self quantine in the Irish Republic for 14 days if arriving from overseas, so this would invalidate a way of circumventing the UK self quarantine.

inOban 24th May 2020 12:07

I thought that Ireland already had 14 day quarantine. At the moment you are exempt if processing to NI, but I'm sure that the two governments will have liaise on this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:46.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.