Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-V2

Old 17th Jun 2022, 01:35
  #281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 601
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TartinTon..Quote="Probably one of the more stupid posts I have seen on here for a while"

Well I don't recommend you reading the SOU thread as there are many similar posts!. They are beyond ridiculous at times and always the same rhetoric. As SOU is my local airport I find the thread quite depressing with the same individual 's' rehashing the same garbage.

Originally Posted by TartinTon
Probably one of the more stupid posts I have seen on here for a while and there's been a few!
How can an airline starting operations from a restricted airfield that is crying out for operators with the right type of aircraft be "not the answer" when it would probably be a housing estate by now were it not for Flybe mk1?

Flybe1 was the ONLY airline prepared to make a significant investment in the airport previously and is probably the best hope for the airport today.

Let's face it, the airport hasn't exactly covered itself in glory in getting the significant operational restrictions sorted out in the intervening years, has it?

As a local you should be welcoming them in with open arms instead of pinning your hopes on a ridiculous dream of painting the airfield orange because that will never happen.

As for BA (Cityflyer..not mainline)..the only reason they are there is because LCY is closed Sat pm through Sun am. No other reason.

Last edited by Sotonsean; 17th Jun 2022 at 01:37. Reason: Spelling
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 07:29
  #282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,016
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
TartinTon..Quote="Probably one of the more stupid posts I have seen on here for a while"

Well I don't recommend you reading the SOU thread as there are many similar posts!. They are beyond ridiculous at times and always the same rhetoric. As SOU is my local airport I find the thread quite depressing with the same individual 's' rehashing the same garbage.
Pressing the 'like' button....
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 07:48
  #283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,016
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
Reported elsewhere that G-ECOR is the aircraft involved. Hasn't flown since last Friday 10/6
Operating LBA-LHR this morning
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 09:06
  #284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: britain
Posts: 651
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
TartinTon..Quote="Probably one of the more stupid posts I have seen on here for a while"

Well I don't recommend you reading the SOU thread as there are many similar posts!. They are beyond ridiculous at times and always the same rhetoric. As SOU is my local airport I find the thread quite depressing with the same individual 's' rehashing the same garbage.
Stupid posts on this forum? I DON'T BELIEVE IT
Not
bean is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 11:20
  #285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Stormont
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BE142 seems to be Marathon Airlines E175 today
Stormonttrooper is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 12:41
  #286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Exeter UK
Posts: 280
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-ECOR has flown to Exeter for some TLC this lunch time.
EGTE is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 13:56
  #287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CheekyTown
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
TartinTon..Quote="Probably one of the more stupid posts I have seen on here for a while"

Well I don't recommend you reading the SOU thread as there are many similar posts!. They are beyond ridiculous at times and always the same rhetoric. As SOU is my local airport I find the thread quite depressing with the same individual 's' rehashing the same garbage.
Ridiculous posts abound which is a shame. However , Southampton really doesn't need a three way battle between Eastern , Loganair and FlyBe2 over all the same old same old destinations. This is only good for the consumer in the short term until one or two pull away from the fight leaving the one remaining who then whacks the price back up to eye-watering and an airport that hopes that they don't repeat the example of FlyBe1.There are only so many people that want the same old seats to the same destinations.

A small variety of carriers serving a variety of destinations is what the demographic requires here IMO. The Orange team and the Purple team have "gently" been enquiring but neither are talking about being "full-on" and obvs, not until the changes are made.
MATaxi is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 14:02
  #288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 474
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MATaxi
Ridiculous posts abound which is a shame. However , Southampton really doesn't need a three way battle between Eastern , Loganair and FlyBe2 over all the same old same old destinations. This is only good for the consumer in the short term until one or two pull away from the fight leaving the one remaining who then whacks the price back up to eye-watering and an airport that hopes that they don't repeat the example of FlyBe1.There are only so many people that want the same old seats to the same destinations.

A small variety of carriers serving a variety of destinations is what the demographic requires here IMO. The Orange team and the Purple team have "gently" been enquiring but neither are talking about being "full-on" and obvs, not until the changes are made.
Highly likely the purple team will expand certain routes from SOU fairly soon and the orange team will be first in of the LLC if and when the changes are made, to what extent however is anyoneís guess!
SKOJB is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2022, 15:31
  #289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airport does not need (and nor should it want) a position where one airline accounts for 90%+ of its business. It now has several airlines covering the portfolio and although there are gaps remaining like Paris (and gaps in a lot of other UK airports) then itís got KLM, BA CityFlyer, Loganair, Eastern, Aurigny and Blue Islands all doing the job that a single airline in Flybe used to.

With the exception of the weekend French flights, all Flybe 2 is proposing to do is replicate routes already flown by others, starting with Belfast against Eastern. The airport may need many things but this isnít one of them.

On the leisure side, isnít there another rather obvious option which would suit the market well?
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 15:37
  #290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 59
Posts: 2,675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at fares over the next few days one suspects that the current rail disruption must be a blessing for Flybe on the LHR-LBA route

As it seems that they may have another Dash AOG (JECX has not flown for a few days), they are operating some flights on this route with a hired-in Marathon Airlines (Greece) E175 and it seems to be keeping fairly well to schedule from my (FR24) observations.

Apparently this aircraft will also provide cover for awaited further Dash's that appear to be delayed into service. The next route start (BHD-EDI) is tomorrow, and is operating once daily initially - you can still get a seat for tomorrows first outbound on this route from BHD for the princely sum of £226.99!

Edit: some BHX-BHD flights next week showing as being operated by Swiftair (Spain) - guessing this will be an ATR?
Edit 2! - Swiftair AT72 positioning MAD-BHX as I type

Last edited by Wycombe; 22nd Jun 2022 at 16:39.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 09:56
  #291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,002
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/a...flight-ticket/
An interesting article.

After KLM, Flybe has cancelled the largest percentage of UK flights between May 7 and June 6th 2022. This is flights cancelled within 7 days of departures.
BA318 is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 10:20
  #292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,894
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/a...flight-ticket/
An interesting article.

After KLM, Flybe has cancelled the largest percentage of UK flights between May 7 and June 6th 2022. This is flights cancelled within 7 days of departures.
They may well have done, but as I am sure you are well aware percentages are funny things. If they have 10 rotations a day at AMS, cancel 2, then hey presto! they have cancelled 20% of their flights, equivalent of cancelling, for example AMS/EMA/AMS.

That said they appear to be having a bit of a torrid time with their fleet recently, sub chartering E170 and AT7 equipment to cover. Hopefully this will prove temporary as it can't be helping their bottom line.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 10:44
  #293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: northern ireland
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wanted FlybeV2 to be a success and who knows it might yet become one but Patience must be evaporating fast with the travelling public. Currently I feel flybe V1 was much better than V2 and look how that ended! I have experienced two cancelled flights which I am still waiting on compensation. I have a booking in August to LHR with them but it is really important I get there in a timely manner and I have lost faith that they can deliver that to the point I have paid for new flights with another operator putting me out of pocket by hundreds of hard earned pounds.
It may take some time for that confidence in flybe to be restored if ever. I am fully aware of the problems that all airlines are facing this summer and of flybeV2 fleet issues but I hope they are reading this and see that customers are being put off flying with them no matter how good value the fare. I do not wish for the hard working staff they have to go through the airline failing. I just wish the management would be more proactive and build some robustness into the schedule while they still have enough customers willing to fly with them. At least flying from Belfast we have the option to fly with a choice of airlines on many routes for that I am grateful. To the hard working crews out there stay strong and know that we appreciate your service. Have a good day everyone!
dantheflyboy is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 12:28
  #294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 59
Posts: 2,675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dantheflyboy
I really wanted FlybeV2 to be a success and who knows it might yet become one but Patience must be evaporating fast with the travelling public. Currently I feel flybe V1 was much better than V2 and look how that ended! I have experienced two cancelled flights which I am still waiting on compensation. I have a booking in August to LHR with them but it is really important I get there in a timely manner and I have lost faith that they can deliver that to the point I have paid for new flights with another operator putting me out of pocket by hundreds of hard earned pounds.
It may take some time for that confidence in flybe to be restored if ever. I am fully aware of the problems that all airlines are facing this summer and of flybeV2 fleet issues but I hope they are reading this and see that customers are being put off flying with them no matter how good value the fare. I do not wish for the hard working staff they have to go through the airline failing. I just wish the management would be more proactive and build some robustness into the schedule while they still have enough customers willing to fly with them. At least flying from Belfast we have the option to fly with a choice of airlines on many routes for that I am grateful. To the hard working crews out there stay strong and know that we appreciate your service. Have a good day everyone!
6 aircraft operating today - hired in E175 and ATR72, plus the 4 Q400's they currently have.
From what I've read elsewhere, they should've had at least 2 (maybe 3) more Q400's on hand by now, but these have been held-up in maintenenace (some talk of spares being the issue), which is obviosuly outside of the airlines' direct control.
I'd imagine that suitable aircraft to source to pick-up the shortfall don't grow on trees either, so management may well have been working hard to "build some robustness into the schedule" but none of these things are easy. Understand your frustration though and had similar circumstances last week involving EZY and parts of my travelling group buying alternative flights due to concern over cancellations (which in the end didn't occur!)
Wycombe is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 11:30
  #295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's going on with Flybe?

Just tried to book an EMA to BHD flight but the fares are all ridiculously expensive as though they are about to pull the route. I checked a few others and it all seems the same?

Not good
Sharklet_321 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 11:54
  #296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,894
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharklet_321
What's going on with Flybe?

Just tried to book an EMA to BHD flight but the fares are all ridiculously expensive as though they are about to pull the route. I checked a few others and it all seems the same?

Not good
Given that delivery of the next Dash 8s are behind schedule perhaps they are putting back the start date on the route; or perhaps forward bookings are very strong?
ATNotts is online now  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 11:59
  #297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: britain
Posts: 651
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Given that delivery of the next Dash 8s are behind schedule perhaps they are putting back the start date on the route; or perhaps forward bookings are very strong?
High fares equal high loads
bean is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 12:03
  #298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,016
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharklet_321
What's going on with Flybe?

Just tried to book an EMA to BHD flight but the fares are all ridiculously expensive as though they are about to pull the route. I checked a few others and it all seems the same?

Not good
Depends on what you mean by ridiculously expensive - just checked w/c 11 July and ranges between £73.99 and £147.99 0ne way - not dirt cheap but not what I'd call ridiculously expensive.
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 12:24
  #299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,002
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bean
High fares equal high loads
Not always. Airlines often put prices up to an undesirable level if they donít want to sell tickets - e.g will shortly be pulling the route or might have issues. Most recently BA went to only selling full fare tickets last month when they had there last meltdown. However it can also be because they are loading/changing other fares - sometimes before a sale or special offer.

Just like full flights donít always equals profits or high yield.

There has been speculation online.


BA318 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 14:50
  #300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: .
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something is amiss - for example 28/7 a flight BE476 Manchester to Belfast is £182 yet when you go to book and choose a seat only 3 people are currently on it.

Might be a bug in the system rather than flights being cancelled?
cavokblues is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.