Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Gatwick-3

Old 12th Apr 2023, 18:44
  #1101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 43
Posts: 1,586
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MAC 40612
Hangar 6 definitely closed, they had to vacate it, for the same reason that many other older industrial buildings of that era cannot be used anymore, I'll let you figure out the reason....
Same reason all the offices at Technical Block A at Heathrow have been closed off for decades....?
God that's depressing, I remember when BA took over BCAL just how much Engineering support and hangarage they had at Gatter, all gone now. No wonder the B777s rotate through LHR way more than before.
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2023, 21:10
  #1102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Saudia

Saudia have announced that JED-LGW will operate into the winter 2023 season with reservations already bookable on their website.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2023, 11:06
  #1103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 381
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back Lufthansa!

So after 10 years, Lufthansa has returned to LGW today, this time at twice daily with A319s/320s/320-NEOs to FRA Welcome back to Gatwick Lufthansa! I wonder what further routes and airlines we may expect to see either launching or resuming LGW this year?
JW95 is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 10:50
  #1104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 43
Posts: 1,586
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The good news is that the awful "your London airport, Gatwick" branding has finally been binned. The refresh is quite sharp and professional IMHO.

Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 15:21
  #1105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 53
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like they got their first freeby on LogoGenerator. Odd choice of colours. Not unpleasant however.
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 16:32
  #1106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
The good news is that the awful "your London airport, Gatwick" branding has finally been binned. The refresh is quite sharp and professional IMHO.
That looks much better and as you say professional compared to the previous attempt. Great choice in colours as well in my opinion 👍

I was never a fan of "your London airport, Gatwick".

On a side note.

I have always thought it strange that Wikipedia lists London Heathrow Airport and London Stansted Airport but it's just Gatwick Airport rather than London Gatwick Airport.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 17:20
  #1107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 667
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
The good news is that the awful "your London airport, Gatwick" branding has finally been binned. The refresh is quite sharp and professional IMHO.
Reminds me a little of the old Granada Televsion logo.
AircraftOperations is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 18:18
  #1108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 15,854
Received 215 Likes on 101 Posts
With a typeface recognisable to older Underground users.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2023, 21:22
  #1109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,634
Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts
That'll get the pax flocking in
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2023, 06:16
  #1110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: london
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New service

Turkish carrier SunExpress in July 2023 plans to add new service to the UK, where it plans to launch Izmir – London Gatwick route. Inaugural flight is scheduled on 05JUL23, with 737-800 aircraft operating twice weekly.

XQ882 ADB1625 – 1840LGW 73H 6
XQ882 ADB1825 – 2040LGW 73H 3

XQ883 LGW1935 – 0130+1ADB 73H 6
XQ883 LGW2135 – 0330+1ADB 73H 3
queenvic is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2023, 09:45
  #1111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Godalming
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
I was never a fan of "your London airport, Gatwick".
Likewise, I thought that the "your London airport, Gatwick" was dreadful; this new brand/logo is far better and more professional looking in my opinion.

Originally Posted by AircraftOperations
Reminds me a little of the old Granada Televsion logo.
Is it just me or does the 'G' logo and choice of colours not look a little similar to that of Gloucestershire Airport (GLO):


Image source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rport_logo.png
jmdavies86 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2023, 10:15
  #1112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 381
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in mixed feelings about the new branding. I do agree that the new corporate logo looks very smart and I like the choice of colours. However, whether this will help to differentiate LGW from other UK airports remains to be seen. As has been mentioned, it does look fairly similar to Gloucestershire Airport's branding strategy.

Does anyone know if the change in branding will also mean a change in airport signage/way finding?
JW95 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 22:29
  #1113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 381
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New routes and airlines at LGW

A recent and very interesting interview with Stewart Wingate regarding LGW’s recovery post Covid-19, and future growth at the airport. What is interesting is that he is alluding to additional long haul airline announcements being made at LGW over the coming months, specifically from Chinese airlines. Air China have already reinstated LGW, so I wonder who Gatwick have next in the pipeline to announce their return/a new route from Gatwick?

Link to interview is here:

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/g...-expansion/amp

Last edited by JW95; 30th Apr 2023 at 12:42.
JW95 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 23:03
  #1114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For some reason I have always found that any interview or article relating to LGW is probably a few weeks or even months old when it's published.

This is probably the reason Mr Wingate has eluded to the recent long haul additions at LGW. This seems to be a LGW thing for some reason.

On LinkedIn I've mentioned this a few times on the LGW page but with no response explaining the reason.

I wouldn't be too concerned and TBH I don't take the articles seriously as I know they are not recent enough.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 05:14
  #1115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,046
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
For some reason I have always found that any interview or article relating to LGW is probably a few weeks or even months old when it's published.

This is probably the reason Mr Wingate has eluded to the recent long haul additions at LGW. This seems to be a LGW thing for some reason.

On LinkedIn I've mentioned this a few times on the LGW page but with no response explaining the reason.

I wouldn't be too concerned and TBH I don't take the articles seriously as I know they are not recent enough.
Thats usually the result of an overprotective or slow media team who want to check anything before allowing it to go out and can’t turn it around in a decent timespan.
BA318 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 05:49
  #1116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London, UK
Posts: 723
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope you posters meas “alluded” rather than “eluded”.
willy wombat is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 08:33
  #1117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
Hope you posters meas “alluded” rather than “eluded”.
I usually put more effort into it, but on this occasion a very bad grammatical error.

Although to be fair it's not a word I normally use as I don't tend to have a habit of alluding to anything 🙂
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 3rd May 2023, 00:07
  #1118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,675
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Apologies if already mentioned, but the Norse website now shows new routes from Gatwick to Barbados, and both Kingston and Montego Bay in Jamaica. All routes start late October 2023
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2023, 07:05
  #1119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: GB
Posts: 249
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Apologies if already mentioned, but the Norse website now shows new routes from Gatwick to Barbados, and both Kingston and Montego Bay in Jamaica. All routes start late October 2023
I don’t know what they’re trying to do but it certainly won’t work without a package operation like TUI or the good VFR knowledge of BA!
laviation is offline  
Old 3rd May 2023, 07:09
  #1120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 3,125
Received 334 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by laviation
I don’t know what they’re trying to do but it certainly won’t work without a package operation like TUI or the good VFR knowledge of BA!
Pretty much as their previous incarnation by the looks of it; lose a lot of (someone else's) money!
ATNotts is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.