Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-6

Old 28th Jan 2023, 22:16
  #781 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Apr is the latest😁
Jaf4fa is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 12:02
  #782 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 474
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Jess is getting a bit of a bashing....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/2124...affiti-flight/
P330 is online now  
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 19:59
  #783 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P330 View Post
Looks like Jess is getting a bit of a bashing....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/2124...affiti-flight/
It is a bit overplayed onboard IMHO, probably time it was changed - anyone for a bit of Dua Lipa?!
Wycombe is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 22:52
  #784 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age: 37
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe View Post
It is a bit overplayed onboard IMHO, probably time it was changed - anyone for a bit of Dua Lipa?!
Overplayed? It's literally played once amongst other songs during boarding. The backing track is used for pre-recorded announcements but that's the only time the actual song is played. It's a common myth that Jet2 continuously play the song.
The Flying Stool is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 08:00
  #785 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,640
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Flying Stool View Post
Overplayed? It's literally played once amongst other songs during boarding. The backing track is used for pre-recorded announcements but that's the only time the actual song is played. It's a common myth that Jet2 continuously play the song.
With respect, I'm talking about my experience on board and not myth (flying with Jet2 against next month, so will update my impression!). Perhaps it was the pre-recorded stuff, but I just remember quite a lot of it!
Wycombe is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 08:23
  #786 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,618
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me had attention seeking PAX scrawled on the card themselves before taking the picture!

Mind you I have had enough of the ditty in their advertising myself too.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 09:08
  #787 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Belfast UK
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it’s working… you hear the song, you know what brand is being represented! Is it current? Well, we’re still talking about it and they say no advertising is bad advertising! 👍
UlsterFly is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 09:28
  #788 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age: 37
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe View Post
With respect, I'm talking about my experience on board and not myth (flying with Jet2 against next month, so will update my impression!). Perhaps it was the pre-recorded stuff, but I just remember quite a lot of it!
My six year old daughter recently said 'oh it's the holiday song' when she heard it played on the radio. The marketing obviously works.
The Flying Stool is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 09:46
  #789 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,618
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UlsterFly View Post
Well, itís workingÖ you hear the song, you know what brand is being represented! Is it current? Well, weíre still talking about it and they say no advertising is bad advertising! 👍
Brand recognition is one thing, whether it puts off rather than encourages custom is another. I am sure far cleverer marketing people know the answer to that.

Whatever its better than the terrible 'Most wonderful time of the year' thing run by a competitor whose brand name I cannot remember.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 12:39
  #790 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
Brand recognition is one thing, whether it puts off rather than encourages custom is another. I am sure far cleverer marketing people know the answer to that.

Whatever its better than the terrible 'Most wonderful time of the year' thing run by a competitor whose brand name I cannot remember.
​​​​​​
Regarding the latter.

Your refering to "On The Beach" featuring that awful family, who I get the impression are a real family as the dad and his dreadful son do look very similar.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 16:25
  #791 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: UK
Posts: 40
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sotonsean View Post
​​​​​​
Regarding the latter.

Your refering to "On The Beach" featuring that awful family, who I get the impression are a real family as the dad and his dreadful son do look very similar.
Apologies for being OT, but that advert makes me want to go anywhere that horrible family isnít, and Iím definitely not booking with On The Beach.
L1011effoh is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 00:13
  #792 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by L1011effoh View Post
Apologies for being OT, but that advert makes me want to go anywhere that horrible family isnít, and Iím definitely not booking with On The Beach.
No need to apologise for being OT, I'm totally in agreement with you.

That sort of advert I personally find extremely tacky. But even though I don't personally take package holiday's the TUI adverts in comparison are really good.

Sotonsean is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 08:07
  #793 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,876
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually think the song works extremely well for the brand, you don’t need to be watching the TV, when the song comes on the radio or TV you automatically think of Jet2, to me it is on a par with the Mc Donald’s whistles at the end of the advert, you hear it and you know what it is, this is a very rare achievement in brand recognition.
daz211 is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 09:24
  #794 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: stockport
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question, does anyone know what type is being used on LS931/2 to/from Malta on 20/8 & 03/9? Last year this flight was a 757, but seat guru have it down as being a 738 this year. I really hope it's still a 757 as I'd love to fly on one before they're retired.
brian70 is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 10:45
  #795 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Leeds
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
Quick question, does anyone know what type is being used on LS931/2 to/from Malta on 20/8 & 03/9? Last year this flight was a 757, but seat guru have it down as being a 738 this year. I really hope it's still a 757 as I'd love to fly on one before they're retired.
Currently planned for 738 still so Seat Guru is accurate. Looks like the 75 is working hard with 7 of 8 units flying, each doing 2 rotations out of MAN that day with 1 reserve frame.
ImagineIf is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 20:21
  #796 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 265
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jethro's reporting today, that Jet2 have 4 B738-800's leased for summer 23.

2 from Smartwings, both based at BHX (OK-TSR & OK-TVH).

2 from AirExplore, both based at EMA.
garry8g is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 20:40
  #797 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Uk
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garry8g View Post
Jethro's reporting today, that Jet2 have 4 B738-800's leased for summer 23.

2 from Smartwings, both based at BHX (OK-TSR & OK-TVH).

2 from AirExplore, both based at EMA.
I wonder if the sketchy reliability of Smartlynx at BHX has made them look elsewhere, or whether this is actually additional capacity.
azz767 is online now  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 20:53
  #798 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently Jet2 have no plans to use Smartlynx at all this year
rubymurray is online now  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 21:27
  #799 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 396
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the best of my knowledge:
Jet2 Fleet List (jethroseu.co.uk)
jethro15 is online now  
Old 6th Feb 2023, 09:26
  #800 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: essex
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STN-BVC from late june looks promising
leadinghand is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.