Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Manchester-3

Old 24th May 2022, 11:28
  #1761 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,060
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Manchester Exile
But the lift and escalator was working last week on Pier B ( or it was when I came through which was a first in a while !). Totally agree with you about the other points you raised about basic house keeping. Makes for a pretty shabby arrival experience on arguably one of the airports premium services.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 12:44
  #1762 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to guess the enaswer is "No" but.... Is it possible to transfer airside from a T1 domestic arrival to a T3 domestic departure ? hand baggage only, onward boarding pas alreday on my phone
lfc84 is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 15:53
  #1763 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DP. View Post
I've been through MAN (T1 for T3) and LPL in the last couple of months, both first wave departures. Security took about 35 mins at MAN and about 30 mins at LPL.

The issues at MAN have been well publicised, but the idea that that is the case at all times is as incorrect as the idea that you can get through at LPL in <10 minutes all the time.
Didnt say it was, i have already replied to the passengers here some time ago. I have been through LPL twice this month, one time security was 10 mins the time before about 15 mins. Depends on time of day.
BACsuperVC10 is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 17:42
  #1764 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does indeed depend on the time of day. The MAN web site shows estimated waiting times at security. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this or whether it's bang up to-date but the difference in an hour is quite marked.
At about 5.30pm today, it showed T1 as 5-15 minutes; T2 as 15-30 minutes and T3 as 5-15 minutes.
Just recently at 6.30pm, T1 was up slightly to 15-30 minutes; T2 had extended to 30-60 minutes and T3 still 5-15 minutes. Yet as I write, T2 is back at 15-30 minutes.

Can anyone confirm whether the times quoted on the web site - not just today - are reasonably accurate?

MANFOD is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 19:18
  #1765 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,060
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
MANFOD
The times quoted match my own experience recently as it is the airport, as well as Munich I use the most in my travels, though DXB also is perhaps a 3rd followed by Frankfurt. Unfortunately I would have to say MAN is the worst though I do like EK lounge and staff there and tell them when go through.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Just about to go through DXB so will see how they do as it’s been a few month’s.

Last edited by Mr Mac; 24th May 2022 at 19:38.
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 25th May 2022, 08:07
  #1766 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At the bar
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MANFOD View Post
It does indeed depend on the time of day. The MAN web site shows estimated waiting times at security. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this or whether it's bang up to-date but the difference in an hour is quite marked.
At about 5.30pm today, it showed T1 as 5-15 minutes; T2 as 15-30 minutes and T3 as 5-15 minutes.
Just recently at 6.30pm, T1 was up slightly to 15-30 minutes; T2 had extended to 30-60 minutes and T3 still 5-15 minutes. Yet as I write, T2 is back at 15-30 minutes.

Can anyone confirm whether the times quoted on the web site - not just today - are reasonably accurate?
Yes, the times quoted on the website are integrated with the queue monitoring systems in the terminal so it should always be a live reflection of the current situ.
ImPlaneCrazy is offline  
Old 25th May 2022, 08:23
  #1767 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImPlaneCrazy View Post
Yes, the times quoted on the website are integrated with the queue monitoring systems in the terminal so it should always be a live reflection of the current situ.
Thanks for that, and to Mr Mac for your comments. Hope your DXB experience was OK.
MANFOD is offline  
Old 25th May 2022, 14:01
  #1768 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,060
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Manfod
I am an old hand at the DXB 2 step so no issues, which to be honest is the normal for me there. Thanks for kind thoughts. Back to MAN at the weekend, but will the escalator/ lift be working on that very long pier 🙂

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 25th May 2022, 20:42
  #1769 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked my mate up from T3. Made to wait on the plane for 45 mins after landing as no staff to meet the aircraft.

As a result I was charged £12 instead of £6 for the T3 pick up zone.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 05:18
  #1770 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: manchester
Posts: 61
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=A350Saltire;11235510]Just picked my mate up from T3. Made to wait on the plane for 45 mins after landing as no staff to meet the aircraft.

As a result I was charged £12 instead of £6 for the T3 pick up zone

The point of this being? Thereís loads of places near the airport you can park up then ask him to call you when heís in arrivals! You just drive in and pick him up. Fed up of people moaning
Mark J Bowcock is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 12:34
  #1771 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ashton in makerfield
Posts: 75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Mark J Bowcock;11235650]
Originally Posted by A350Saltire View Post
Just picked my mate up from T3. Made to wait on the plane for 45 mins after landing as no staff to meet the aircraft.

As a result I was charged £12 instead of £6 for the T3 pick up zone

The point of this being? Thereís loads of places near the airport you can park up then ask him to call you when heís in arrivals! You just drive in and pick him up. Fed up of people moaning
​​​​​​"Thereís loads of places near the airport you can park up"

Such as?

gsky is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 12:48
  #1772 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Age: 57
Posts: 3,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Mark J Bowcock;11235650]
Originally Posted by A350Saltire View Post
Just picked my mate up from T3. Made to wait on the plane for 45 mins after landing as no staff to meet the aircraft.

As a result I was charged £12 instead of £6 for the T3 pick up zone

The point of this being? Thereís loads of places near the airport you can park up then ask him to call you when heís in arrivals! You just drive in and pick him up. Fed up of people moaning
What an idiotic attitude.

People who drive from out of town who don't know the area can just rock up and park somewhere off site can they? Yeah, if you have local knowledge or work there then you will know where all the little laybys and cut throughs are. but not if you're from any distance away.
If you are fed up of (sic) people moaning you're in the wrong place. This is PPRuNe!
TURIN is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 12:50
  #1773 (permalink)  
DP.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsky View Post

​​​​​​"There’s loads of places near the airport you can park up"

Such as?
There are loads of roads around Woodhouse Park, for one, with no restrictions where you could pull up and wait.

I imagine you could probably wait in the free (for an hour) drop-off too - they say it's for drop-off only but as it's ANPR operated and I doubt they've got the staff spare to patrol it currently, I'm not sure how they're going to enforce that.
DP. is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 12:57
  #1774 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: UK & Estern Europe
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not been there is a while, but "The Airport" pub is a great place to consider parking while waiting to pick up friends and family, before you nip to the terminal to pick them up.

Yes you have to pay for parking there, but you can enjoy a pint or a soft drink while waiting in very pleasant surroundings. - £1.80 for an hour, £3.50 for two hours or £5.40 for three hours, surely cheaper than the short stay?
Our Parking Guide at The Airport Pub

Considering they are right on the airport property, don't think the parking fees are too bad, very nice inside and amazing views of the runway!
gdiddy is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 15:15
  #1775 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Mark J Bowcock;11235650]
Originally Posted by A350Saltire View Post
Just picked my mate up from T3. Made to wait on the plane for 45 mins after landing as no staff to meet the aircraft.

As a result I was charged £12 instead of £6 for the T3 pick up zone

The point of this being? Thereís loads of places near the airport you can park up then ask him to call you when heís in arrivals! You just drive in and pick him up. Fed up of people moaning
Wind your neck in. Not everyone knows the intimate details of the area around the airport. It is not well signposted and at the end of the day it was the airportís fault they could not handle the aircraft when it arrived. But to then charge double because of their delays leaves a horrible taste. The place is a terrible at the moment.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 15:43
  #1776 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: manchester
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=A350Saltire;11235944]
Originally Posted by Mark J Bowcock View Post

Wind your neck in. Not everyone knows the intimate details of the area around the airport. It is not well signposted and at the end of the day it was the airportís fault they could not handle the aircraft when it arrived. But to then charge double because of their delays leaves a horrible taste. The place is a terrible at the moment.
Every airport is the same, every car park is the same when you enter and leave the car park it will charge you the time you was there, a machine will not know why you was there or if a flight was late.or if the passenger takes longer to leave the airport
Simple when passengers have cleared passport control get them to call you then drive upto the pick up area it will still take the passenger 5 minutes to get there in that time you have plenty of time to drive last bit, does it matter if the passenger or driver has to wait two minutes either way
If you don't want to pay simple there's plenty of places to park stranger or no stranger to the area if you travelling by car easy to pull off the motorway one junction before and park nearby all other roads to the airport have plenty of places that you can park no double yellow lines and all within 5 drive
SCFC1EP is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 15:52
  #1777 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=SCFC1EP;11235960]
Originally Posted by A350Saltire View Post

Every airport is the same, every car park is the same when you enter and leave the car park it will charge you the time you was there, a machine will not know why you was there or if a flight was late.or if the passenger takes longer to leave the airport
Simple when passengers have cleared passport control get them to call you then drive upto the pick up area it will still take the passenger 5 minutes to get there in that time you have plenty of time to drive last bit, does it matter if the passenger or driver has to wait two minutes either way
If you don't want to pay simple there's plenty of places to park stranger or no stranger to the area if you travelling by car easy to pull off the motorway one junction before and park nearby all other roads to the airport have plenty of places that you can park no double yellow lines and all within 5 drive
Is there really? My point is it was Manchester airportís fault that they could not handle the aircraft when it arrive and passengers sat on it for almost an hour. Disgraceful to be honest and itís happening often. I donít care about the parking charge I was just giving it as an example to why it might leave a salty taste in the every day punterís mouth.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 15:59
  #1778 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 354
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it or was it handling agent or customs ?
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 16:21
  #1779 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,339
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like 9 easyJet flights cancelled ex MAN today due to an IT glitch, only affecting easyJet.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ights-24071913
Mr A Tis is offline  
Old 26th May 2022, 16:43
  #1780 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Where ever I am
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=A350Saltire;11235968]
Originally Posted by SCFC1EP View Post

Is there really? My point is it was Manchester airportís fault that they could not handle the aircraft when it arrive and passengers sat on it for almost an hour. Disgraceful to be honest and itís happening often. I donít care about the parking charge I was just giving it as an example to why it might leave a salty taste in the every day punterís mouth.
Why, why , why does everybody appear to lay any delay at the feet of the airport? I am not, and never have been, an employee of the airport, however as an aviation enthusiast I am aware of how certain things work and A350Saltire so should you.

The delay that you refer to would appear to have been fairly in the ballpark of the airline's handling agent. Both the airport and the handling agents (who are responsible fofr the ground handling of aircraft and psssengers), are suffering from major staff shortages and, due to security requirements, it is not possible to recruit new staff and have them operational at the click of a finger.

Whilst I appreciate your frustration at having to pay additional car park charges can you please think carefully before pressing the "Submit" key on your device.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that you understand where I am coming from.

Sioltach Dubh Glas is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.