PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2022, 16:43
Sioltach Dubh Glas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=A350Saltire;11235968]
Originally Posted by SCFC1EP

Is there really? My point is it was Manchester airport’s fault that they could not handle the aircraft when it arrive and passengers sat on it for almost an hour. Disgraceful to be honest and it’s happening often. I don’t care about the parking charge I was just giving it as an example to why it might leave a salty taste in the every day punter’s mouth.
Why, why , why does everybody appear to lay any delay at the feet of the airport? I am not, and never have been, an employee of the airport, however as an aviation enthusiast I am aware of how certain things work and A350Saltire so should you.

The delay that you refer to would appear to have been fairly in the ballpark of the airline's handling agent. Both the airport and the handling agents (who are responsible fofr the ground handling of aircraft and psssengers), are suffering from major staff shortages and, due to security requirements, it is not possible to recruit new staff and have them operational at the click of a finger.

Whilst I appreciate your frustration at having to pay additional car park charges can you please think carefully before pressing the "Submit" key on your device.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that you understand where I am coming from.