Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 25th Nov 2019, 20:26
  #2541 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 6,021
Originally Posted by Bournemouthair View Post
Have there been any annoucements of the coulour scheme for virgin connect as yet
No there hasn't
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 26th Nov 2019, 08:43
  #2542 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 57
Posts: 2,494
Originally Posted by Bournemouthair
Have there been any announcements of the colour scheme for virgin connect as yet
No there hasn't
I guess when there is it will appear here Virgin Connect
Wycombe is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 10:20
  #2543 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 830
Originally Posted by KieronyM View Post
Odd question but probably one for the guys on the line... what flight bags are you using? Just after recommendations really. Also aware that the company provides good headsets but do they allow/do many guys or girls use their own?
lfc84 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 10:34
  #2544 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 40
Posts: 835
In business, one of the challenges we face is a lack institutional memory, have a look at the quote below from the above link.
As Flybe, we have been connecting passengers across the UK and Europe for 40 years
OK it's maybe just a poor copywriter but FFS, from a company that's lost focus and direction, it's worth at least knowing your own history. The whole flybe concept came with later deliveries of the DHC8-Q402, the initial deliveries were "British European" which had just re-branded from the long established "Jersey European". So flybe for about half of forty years!
Wonder if they'll finally drop the "Jersey" callsign?
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 11:02
  #2545 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: gatwick
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot View Post
In business, one of the challenges we face is a lack institutional memory, have a look at the quote below from the above link.

OK it's maybe just a poor copywriter but FFS, from a company that's lost focus and direction, it's worth at least knowing your own history. The whole flybe concept came with later deliveries of the DHC8-Q402, the initial deliveries were "British European" which had just re-branded from the long established "Jersey European". So flybe for about half of forty years!
Wonder if they'll finally drop the "Jersey" callsign?
if you apply the same logic guess BA is not 100
jmccrew is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 10:36
  #2546 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 60
Don't laugh... I always use one of these re-usable shopping bags for my hand luggage when flying Flybe or Aurigny ! :-)

Buy them for CHF1 from Migros or Euro 1 from Aldi, ReWe or Woolworth in Germany. The last one often raises eyebrows from the fellow senior passengers ! :-)
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 16:30
  #2547 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by jmccrew View Post

if you apply the same logic guess BA is not 100
I DO AND IT ISNT
Rutan16 is online now  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 13:46
  #2548 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Valencia
Posts: 220
Clearly, Virgin Connect colours will be red. Branson is reported as saying ".....we’ll see more red planes flying around Britain, as Virgin Connect starts flying under the Virgin brand.”
FFHKG is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2019, 14:57
  #2549 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 57
Posts: 2,494
Apparently a further tranche of S20 schedules will be available for sale from 6th Jan.
This should include NQY-LHR, although one wonders why that wasn't released with the first tranche when Flybe are contracted to operate it via the PSO until Oct'22?

Wondering what (if anything) else they may have up their sleeves, although not holding my breath, and suspect it will be a year of retrenchment around core domestic/business routes.

Only other thing of note from me is that the 2 Stobart E190's have been used a lot into SOU (from BHD and EDI) over the Christmas period - presumably whilst LCY is quieter or during the weekend closure periods.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2019, 19:00
  #2550 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 627
Probably as you say more emphasis on core routes and timings. Unlikely to launch anything dramatic this side of the Summer
Alteagod is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 06:11
  #2551 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 132
I was advised by a member of staff at SOU airport last week, that tomorrow is the big announcement day for Virgin Connect, their future plans, additional summer routes etc. Does anyone else know anything further???
GCILover is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 09:02
  #2552 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 2,086
Does anyone else know anything further???
It's already known that the next S20 route announcement is on 6th Jan - see the NQY-LHR thread - but most of the Virgin/Connect news is already public. I know internal training starts soon and that the first airframe should appear earlier than their first intimation but other than that what is there to announce?
ETOPS is online now  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 09:31
  #2553 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 401
Originally Posted by ETOPS View Post
It's already known that the next S20 route announcement is on 6th Jan - see the NQY-LHR thread - but most of the Virgin/Connect news is already public. I know internal training starts soon and that the first airframe should appear earlier than their first intimation but other than that what is there to announce?
Perhaps some news about the customer proposition, particularly whether the hand baggage policy and policing thereof are to continue as they are today despite p***ing off more passengers than probably any other policy I can recall an airline adopting in recent years?


Albert Hall is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 10:58
  #2554 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,122
GIven that Flybe enjoys a monopoly on most of its routes and the only alternative usually is driving or taking the train, they are apparently not really worried about p***ing off passengers. With less and less competition for most airlines, the race to the bottom in domestic markets will continue.
virginblue is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 11:55
  #2555 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by ETOPS View Post
It's already known that the next S20 route announcement is on 6th Jan - see the NQY-LHR thread - but most of the Virgin/Connect news is already public. I know internal training starts soon and that the first airframe should appear earlier than their first intimation but other than that what is there to announce?
They're meant to be coming up with a loyalty scheme. It will be interesting to know if that is the same as the virgin one or one of it's own. Will the agreements with other franchise partners that some of us have to use continue or will they come to an end. When the booking process will go over to their own website etc.
GCILover is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 12:02
  #2556 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,307
Originally Posted by GCILover View Post
They're meant to be coming up with a loyalty scheme. It will be interesting to know if that is the same as the virgin one or one of it's own. Will the agreements with other franchise partners that some of us have to use continue or will they come to an end. When the booking process will go over to their own website etc.
I'd have thought it would be Virgin's or maybe a long shot but KLM/AF Flying Blue?
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 15:51
  #2557 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 57
Posts: 3,169
Then there was one

G-FBEJ E195 flew Amsterdam - BHX Sunday 5th January BE106 and then positioned to Bournemouth.

This leaves G-FBEK E195 which is scheduled for BE3009/10 BHX-CDG-BHX and thereafter I can't see any 195's in the schedule from tonight.

I assume this is it the end of 195 era at Flybe or is the last one going to be used as a standby aircraft?

Any further news on the remaining 9 x 175's left.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 16:29
  #2558 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by virginblue View Post
GIven that Flybe enjoys a monopoly on most of its routes and the only alternative usually is driving or taking the train, they are apparently not really worried about p***ing off passengers. With less and less competition for most airlines, the race to the bottom in domestic markets will continue.
I don't really know what the problem is, take the correct sized hand bag and there's no issues. The sizes are clearly dictated when you book a ticket. When I was a captain at Flybe some of the baggage brought on as hand luggage left something to be desired. It's called "hand luggage" for a reason, it's because it's supposed to be a bag to carry onto the aircraft to put a few items in it, NOT a hold sized suitcase with 3 weeks worth of laundry in it and quite frankly it was about time they put a stop to it.
Reversethrustset is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 16:55
  #2559 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 6,021
Originally Posted by Reversethrustset View Post
I don't really know what the problem is, take the correct sized hand bag and there's no issues. The sizes are clearly dictated when you book a ticket. When I was a captain at Flybe some of the baggage brought on as hand luggage left something to be desired. It's called "hand luggage" for a reason, it's because it's supposed to be a bag to carry onto the aircraft to put a few items in it, NOT a hold sized suitcase with 3 weeks worth of laundry in it and quite frankly it was about time they put a stop to it.
You're right of course but the problem is away they've gone about putting a stop to it. Publish your hand luggage rules, then allow people to ignore them for a long time, then suddenly start applying the rules without any notice and in a haphazard and inconsistent manner - asking for trouble.
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 5th Jan 2020, 16:58
  #2560 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 225
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
I assume this is it the end of 195 era at Flybe or is the last one going to be used as a standby aircraft?
Jethro's site listed G-FBEK as being WFU 04 March 2020 (and G-FBEJ on 14 January 2020) so maybe just being used as the BHX standby aircraft from now on? Would be sensible, really, since if they scheduled it on the network and it went tech and they'd booked 118 passengers on it, there's no other E195 in the fleet to take over from it. So minimum 30 passengers would be left-behind.

Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Any further news on the remaining 9 x 175's left.
These are remaining in the fleet; two of the ones that were due to leave had their leases re-negotiated (I believe G-FBJI and G-FBJJ), would assume they'll go through the same cabin refurbishment and repainting as the Q400s although it will be interesting to see where Virgin Connect use them on the network.
BOHEuropean is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.