PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Boludo
17th Jun 2010, 23:54
Great, Thank you for your response. Now I just have to decided between doing the long or short term! :)

No, I'm sure I don't have scoliosis has I have no back problems or pain and I have a report from high school saying no, but I'm sure that want an updated one jeje!

Thank you again! :)

Ayesunshine
18th Jun 2010, 03:27
Hi good luck to you and don't worry. Being married is not gonna affect your chances.

Boludo

The 3 days would not be much of a concern as long as you let them know which test you are doing, your reason for delay and that you will send it back to them asap.
Long/short depends on you. I think doing the long version lesser chances if repeating certain tests? Not sure. Haha. Good luck anyway. :)

Boludo
18th Jun 2010, 04:39
thank you for the response. From re-reading the differences it appears the xrays, graphs, bmi test are not included as with the long. They also state that regardless which you choose you still must undergo all the test again once in doha.

Ill decide next week after speaking with the hr advisor.

Now the hunt to find where to get the medicals and reports done in english. Haha

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Zelatvian
18th Jun 2010, 07:28
Hi and welcome ;)

I highly doubt it affects your chances or plays a major role in whether you're selected - when I went to the OD, I was 3 weeks away from my first high-school exam and was not yet a graduate. Yet, they did select me and I did my medicals just recently.

Also, about the short term medicals in countries where English isn't the first language - I had to redo some test conclusions multiple times, for example the 6/6 vision, since we don't use the scale in my country, the x-ray had to be translated from Latin :suspect: and so on. For me the "please send the requested blah blah blah in 2 days" actually took almost a month. So..I wouldn't worry about it, they're very understanding.

As for me - my medicals got forwarded to the doctors two days ago and I'm now waiting for a response, which i suspect to be negative due my scoliosis...

Now, good luck to everyone, it's worth the effort, worth the waiting :ok:

Cheateez
18th Jun 2010, 09:31
Hello guys, I've attended my FI last week and trere was asked to resend them my pictures. I did take new ones and sent them to the e-mails that were listed in our hand-outs. It was 4 days ago and I still haven't got a reply from them saying that they had received the photos! Is that normal? cause as i can see they usually reply to you once they've got your pics. May be I used the wrong e-mails? Could anyone help me out here??? PLEASE I'm starting to think something is going RReally wrong! Thanks in advance guys, counting on you

Creighdon
18th Jun 2010, 14:22
Hi guys,

Been a while since I last posted on this forum. I have been to a QR OD earlier this year, made it all the way to the FI and then got the regret email. Needless to say I have many theories as to why I got a regret email and have made some drastic changes in my life to meet their "expectations".

I would like some clarity on a few questions that I have. The most important are;

1. I live in South Africa and understand that the take on for guys is very slim since the ration is 2 guys for every 8 girls. Out of each recruitment campaign how much guys are "guaranteed" to be selected?

2. How soon after my last FI am i able to apply for the position again?

3. Does ones chances increase the more FI's you attend as this would be my second attempt?

I really want this job and quit my job as a paralegal, moved back with my parents since I suspect that they never took lightly to me having my own place and being so well established (I feel that they thought that I am settled here and that the job would uproot me).

What are you thoughts?

Mari
18th Jun 2010, 15:54
So, you moved back with your parents and quit your job because you think that Qatar thought that you were too settled?!

That is strange... or shocking...

Well, the answers.

1. It could be zero in some countries. Well, I know that there were 9 candidates in Budapest on the final. One of them was a male. 7 candidates got the congrat e-mail, the boy was hired, as well. (For more numbers: read back.)
2. One year.
3. Irrelevant. You might fail after 2nd, 3rd round the next time or you can make it to final and got rejected again. (These things happened: read back.)

Ayesunshine
18th Jun 2010, 16:20
Hey have you received clearance yet? When is your DOJ?

Cheateez

I think you should email them again to check whether have they received your pictures. ask for a reply in acknowledgement. Do it asap.

Boludo
18th Jun 2010, 18:03
well in my group here in argentina the ratio of men to women was equal 4-4. I am one of the males and was first in receiving my congrats.

My problem now lies in getting everything in english and thinking i may go for the short term exam as either way the do the medicals again in qatar and this to me would save time for both me and the company. they have scheduled me to leave two days after they launch buenos aires-doha direct route.

Thank you for the info everyone.

Will keep you updated with my progress!

@Boludo

Wow. You are travelling to Doha 2 days after Buenos Aires direct route get launched? It is almost only a week ahead! you better be hurry for the medicals =) Everything will be fine.

I am also a male candidate who recently got medical clearance.
My date of join is end of July. Anybody on the same training batch??

thanks, flyingsushi! I just checked so it must be a typo as it states july 24th not june as the launch date.

I wish i was leaving soon haha, but since i just got my golden mail yesterday i am calling around to see where i can get the exams in english, but so far no luck.

Also i emailed hr some questions and from there decidr between the long or short term exams. Which one did you do?

Thus far for the full detailed hiv and std report in itself will take 15 days :s

cool!!! Looks like we just might be :) once i get the medicals done and approved i shall be on my way.

Im thinking to just do the short as you had since it would be easier to get a doctor to translate it in english. We have alot of english speaking doctors here the problem is all the medical reports will be given to me in spanish.

Ill keep ya updated and see you in doha!!!? :)

Cheateez
18th Jun 2010, 20:08
thanks ayesunshine, i just couldn't wait any longer and did send them a letter. although i am not sure i did the right thing, may be it's not too good to bother them with this stuff as they are so busy recruiting... but still what if they really didn't get the pics??? it would be such a shame to get crossed out just because of some technical faults...

guys may be some of you could PM me the e-mail address they use for taking new pictures? i just wnat to check if it's the same that i've got - if not, i;ll sent them to the new box. thanks in advance!!!!!!

kovati
18th Jun 2010, 22:05
Cheateez

I think you shouldn't be worry, just be patient. They are really busy.
I attended to the OD in Budapest and after the final interview one girl had to send them new photo via e-mail as well. She hasn't got any e-mail,that they got the picture, but at the end of the third weeks she got the Congratulation e-mail.

Now I'm waiting for the medical clearance. I choosed the long term version because they write that they will do the long term version in Doha as well and I wanted to know whether everything is OK or not, so there will be no surprise in Doha.

I got only 3 days for the medical as well but I could send them the reports only after a week, but I writed them that I already started to do it, but unfortunately it's not so fast in Hungary. I found an aviation medical examiner in Budapest who wasn't cheap but the doctor made everything during 3 hours and wrote the reports in English as well. I hope everything will be ok.

Flyingsushi when do you got your medical clearance after you sent them the reports?

Boludo
18th Jun 2010, 22:31
cool! I will try to look into an aviation dr. Im just thinking short cause i have the option and is alot quicker. Im not worried myself for surprises has i had a physical in jan.

Im so happy that eveything is covered with my health insurance here in argentina regardless of which option and i plan to keep even when in qatar

Teriyaki
18th Jun 2010, 23:37
Guys, I have a question regarding medical reports.

What kind of detailed report do I need for serology investigations, like HIV, VDRL, Hep etc... My doctor made a report that shows results (negative) only for each one. Do I need him to write more? If so, what kind of details? I am confused:ugh:

Thank you for your help!!!! Have a nice day!!!

Boludo
19th Jun 2010, 00:39
thanks will keep you posted hope to start everything next week. :) well the insurance is not super cheap, but here we dont have co payments and all the test needed are covered. I am keeping my argentine insurance though cause it covers my eyes and dental abroad up to a certain amount in pesos; which i believe our insurance in qatar doesn't cover.

Ayesunshine
19th Jun 2010, 04:54
To flyingsushi and boludo

Congrats on making it. hopefully I'll get my medical clearance soon.
See you in Doha?! hahAaha.

Do you mind sharing with me the items you would need to prepare and bring? eg no. of passport photos, copies of identifications, household items? haha.
And what are your baggage limits as I heard it might differs with different countries.
PM me if you can't post it online. Thanks in advance. =)

To Cheateez
Okay, well be patient, they can be abit slow at times.
Good luck!

To kovati
Do not worry about the 3 days thingy as long as you have replied to them which test you will be doing and that you will send them the report asap. I took close to 10 days before I sent my report.

To Teriyaki
Don't worry about the additional details as long as your tests are negative.
It is all you need. =)
Good luck!

Boludo
19th Jun 2010, 05:57
i was wondering the same thing so i emailed a friend who works there and will pass that info to you.

I know we have to send a scanned passport copy, which i have done with questions before i declare which test to go for.

I believe i read we need 30 passport fotos, but again i asked my friend to confirm jaja she must be irked with my mails.

I am taking with me so far, clothes, laptop, some books i wouldn't mind reading in my down time, facial and body stuff, extra pillow and towels, unlocked cellphone, and goodies like mate, dulce de leche, alfajores, etc that i know i won't find there.

Once i have more info to pass i will let you know! See you in doha! :)

Ayesunshine
19th Jun 2010, 10:31
Wow 30 passport photos. That's alot. Haha. Okay, anything else let me know!
Anything else we need to prepare beforehand?

=) thanks for helping me with all my questions. Haha.
Erm flyingsushi/ boludo, do you guys know anything about the rest of their rules and regulations/ restriction besides those stated in the contract that came in the golden mail? I was know there are many more rules but I want to be prepared beforehand? Thanks in advance! ;)

P's cousin
20th Jun 2010, 05:14
Hi guys and girls

I passed the first day (OD) for QR and went for the 2nd day but I didn't get called at the end :sad:

I would like to try again if there is an opportunity, so I need your help figuring out what I can improve next time. Could anyone answer my questions please?

1. When they test your height, they ask you if you have moles, tattos and birth marks and they say that it is for identification purpose, but really they are actually checking your face/skin, aren't they? The lady was standing really close to me and was pretty much staring at my face.

2. I had a few very small pimples (well concealed with makeup though) that day and do you think it affected their decision in a great deal?

3. I have a feeling that they thought that I spoke too softly because when I spoke, the HR lady couldn't quite catch it. (I don't really have accent but people sometimes say I'm not loud enough) I should speak clearer next time, right?

4. The essay was "When you felt like someone or life treated you unfairly and what you learnt from it" and I wrote about my experience when I was bullied (excluded) in a new work place and what I did to gel into the team and how I became good friends with them at the end and what I learnt from it. I thought I did pretty well but come to think of it.....do you think I came across as someone who is too soft/gets bullied easily??:ugh:

What is it that they really want? Or is it one of those things that you are born with? Does anyone know?

TIA

P

Boludo
20th Jun 2010, 06:07
1: yes, they are checking your skin. Just be honest, i don't have acne but i do have a little scar on my forehead, but still made it through.

2: i don't think your accent affected your chances, but not talking clearly and in confident and decent tone might have. You dont want be aggressive or soft spoken.

3: for the essay you should write something that reflects positively on you and that could you an asset to qatar.

Teriyaki
20th Jun 2010, 06:11
To Ayesunshine

Thank you for answering my question!!! I am now relieved:) Good luck to you too and see you in Doha!

To Anyone

One thing I am wondering whether I should bring when moving to Doha is my cell phone. Do you guys actually bring it from your country and use it in Doha? Or do you guys buy a new one there? As we are flying all over the world, what would be the best option? I would like to hear your opinion:)

Thank you!!

Boludo
20th Jun 2010, 16:26
you can use your japanese cellphone outside japan? I myself am bringing my cellphone as it is unlocked, but when i visit family in japan i need use a pre paid phone cause the network is different. Just double check to make sure you phone will work outside japan!

I do have a question, the short term medical you did was just blood work, the questionaire, hearing, and vision to my understanding?

anna19b
21st Jun 2010, 06:20
Hello to all of you! It's my second time that I'm writing here... The first time I was anxious that I might not receive a cong email because of the scar on my back that I've declared at the final interview. At the end after 2 weeks I've got the email.... I've made my medical exams and I've send them. They asked me to make again my CBC because some values were not normal. And because I had an operation at my spine they asked me more detalied reports about it. My operation had place 8 years ago.... I have knew a scoliosis of 10 degraes at the lombar area. I would like to know if this can be a reason for them to eliminate me? If you know a similar case or someoane that dident pass the medical exames please let me know... I am very scared that I've arrived here and I will not pass the medical exames because of my operation.... Thank you for your time

Teriyaki
21st Jun 2010, 11:41
Thank you for your response:) I checked my cell phone but I cannot unlock it unfortunately! Good thing that you told me about it!

I actually did the long term medical that included the medical history questionnaire, Vision, hearing, blood tests, chest X-ray, electrocardiograph, and medical examinations by the doctor. I am still waiting for their response though. But I believe that the short term medical only includes what you wrote Plus the chest X-ray.

Boludo
21st Jun 2010, 17:37
dooitashima****e! Year in my opinion japan has some of the best cell phones!

Great, i appreciate your response! Were you able to get the exams done in english or japanese? I'm still looking around a bit before i just do the exams as translations are pricey here

Teriyaki
22nd Jun 2010, 01:57
Yes I was in the same position too. It was so hard for me to find a hospital that accepts the English medical form here. In fact they all refused to do so and I ended up having my family doctor to refer me to one of the hospitals. So it may be a good idea to talk to your family doctor to see if he/she knows some doctor. I just sent them my medicals recently too. Good luck to you! I hope we can start with you the same time:) Thanks for your response!

skye_cloudie
22nd Jun 2010, 12:48
i would like to know if i can still attend another CV submission if i failed to attend the previous one.the email indicate that i am welcome to attend the may 29th cv submission.something happened that's why i miss the opportunity..

leaviateur
22nd Jun 2010, 18:00
Hey, Congratulations for making it!:ok:
I have a friend in DXB working for EK, and he made all the medicals in Trinidad Medical Center, he told me that his Doctor made the translation himself, so you should check that option.

P.S.: I'll add you later to my msn or FB.

Greets!

Boludo
23rd Jun 2010, 00:00
That's great, I haven't given them a call yet so I will go ahead and do that tomorrow. I just want to double check you mean this clinic correct - el Sanatorio Trinidad Palermo.

I hope I have the same luck as it would help me out alot! If possible does he remember the doctor name so i may request the same one as he is familiar with process? :)

Thank you for the information and just in case you didn't see it I replied to your pvt!

Yea add me and we can keep in touch from there.

Chau!! :)

Ladybuggg
23rd Jun 2010, 17:53
Hi there!

Finally got my answer today!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!:D I'm going to Doha on the 2nd of July! Is anyone going that date?

Bye and I wish very GOOD LUCK to all of you!! :ok:

kovati
24th Jun 2010, 10:17
Hi!

I got an e-mail yesterday to repeat CBC because one value isn't within the normal range and my X-ray report isn't satisfactory (the radiologist should put more comments) .
The doctor certified in two reports and in English of course that :
Evalution of the spine : Flexio-extensio in normal range , spine is without pathological deformities. I certify that the under listed worker is healthy and fit to work.
Chest X-ray examination: Heart:normal, TBC: negative, Tumor: negative
I certify that the under ... etc.

What do you think they want to see on the report?
Could somebody ( who already got the medical clearance ) write me here or in private what on his/her X-ray reports stand? Unfortunately it's difficult in Hungary to find a doctor who would be so kind to write some sentences in English as well :S

Thanks!

laxmax
24th Jun 2010, 16:13
hi there everyone,
congratulations to all who made it through,
im attending a od in madrid on saturday
anyone going?
if so,
private message me so we can meet up or so.
astalavistaa....

Ladybuggg
25th Jun 2010, 13:39
Hi Kovati

Ask your doctor to put comments about your Thoracic Spine, disc spaces, spine alignment and scoliosis if any (if you have scoliosis ask the doctor to put the cobb's angle).
But if you are insecure just give them a call and ask what specifically they want.

Good luck

kovati
25th Jun 2010, 18:23
Thanks Ladybuggg!

I'm going to a Radiologist on monday and hopefully she can help me.

I heared that they are very strict in case of hemoglobin problem and scoliosis. What do you think about bilirubin? The maximum range is 17 and mine was 25. The family doctor said that it's nothing, no disease, it's maybe hereditary thing but I'm healthy. She wrote it on the report as well. I hope they won't reject me because of this thing.

Mari
25th Jun 2010, 19:47
I honestly respect the people who go through the Qatar medicals... This is a nightmare!

Good luck!

Cheateez
26th Jun 2010, 00:23
guys would you advise to take the fast-track or the full medicals? i read on my e-mail that whichever option you choose, you will still have to repeat everything in doha.

have you heard of the cases when people who picked fast track got sent home after failing their medicals on the spot? it's just that i feel i would be safer if i did everything at home, but we have a problem with finding english-speaking doctors and everything could turn out to be very expensive... so i'm still in two minds...i'm tentatively booked for july, but i have no idea for how long it could be delayed if i do the full medical examination. i hear some people wait for months to get cleared...and it is much quicker should you prefer the fast track option.

Ayesunshine
26th Jun 2010, 05:25
Sigh I failed my medicals despite all my results being normal or within range. Soooo upset now. Ph well guess it's not meant to be.
This means I have to wait 6 months before I try again is it?

kovati
26th Jun 2010, 07:07
Cheatezz!

I think, you will have less problem if you choose the fast term and of course you are healthy.
I choosed the long term for safety sake but doing the things and repeat and repeat a lot of things for a month because some value isn't int the normal range or the translation isn't good. They are very punctilious. If your CBC and Chest X-ray is OK ( scoliosis) and have a good translation, you won't have problem with the long term.

Ayesunshine! I'm really sorry! Did they write you anything, what was the reason?
I think you can try again after 6 months.

Cheateez
26th Jun 2010, 12:24
Kovati, thanks! it's just that if they are SO scrupulous I'm so much afraid of the negative outcome ... i thought all this fear would be over after i got th golden e-mail..haha...in reality, the scariest part has just begun! -))))

Ayesunshine...so sorry to hear that!... did they explain anything to you?what was wrong? anyway don't lose heart... they allow to reapply in 6 months afther the FI, but Emirates and Etihad are recruiting right now, may be you could try your luck there as well? as you said... if it wasn't meant to happen, may be it's just because wok with another carrier is waiting for you at the corner!:ok:

sugbo
26th Jun 2010, 17:37
hi guys!

I'm just new in this forum.. I'm actually interested to apply as a CC. And QA is conducting OD this coming July 18 in my place... Can someone tell me if its okey even if I don't have a 20/20 vision?. Will it not affect my medical if ever pass the FI?..I'm using contact lens to correct my vision. I'm just concern coz i might be wasting my time applying. Hope someone can clarify this matter. thanks. :O

tiluchi10
26th Jun 2010, 19:22
Hi guys and girls..
I just got my NO, after having waited 4 weeks after my final interview .
I am deeply sad...really sad, but i know life goes on and i am in...
good luck to all of you

Chau..

copiltrist
26th Jun 2010, 20:37
the same here just got my NO email
-i have no ideea what went wrong...as long as everything went well til the end of the interview ,,,really sad

Cheateez
26th Jun 2010, 23:19
[Text speak].

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Ayesunshine
27th Jun 2010, 02:54
Thanks to everyone that has helped me and to those that are on their way to be a cabin crew, good luck and safe flights always.
To those that didn't, its okay, lets try and try again! =)
I understand that emirates is recruiting, but its nowhere near my country and it would be wayyy tooo expensive to travel there just for a job that I don't have 100% confidence in.
Etihad is not really do wide mass hiring are they? Cause I've checked the webby and I think they are only recruiting Bahrain nationals?

Cheateez
27th Jun 2010, 08:25
Ayesunine,
no, that's the thing! right now etihad are recruiting internationally. I know for sure that on the 25th of July they have an AD in a country near mine and are now accepting applications. so check it out! i'm sure you'll find something

Zelatvian
27th Jun 2010, 08:39
Well than, some while ago I promised to post the result of my medicals - about 5 minutes ago I got a rejection e-mail, as I, unfortunately, had suspected.
I do blame it on the scoliosis since nothing else was wrong with my medicals..well..I feel disappointed.

However, good luck to everyone else and congratulations Ladybug, and everyone else who made it :ok:

vapiano
28th Jun 2010, 11:28
hi!

i`m also little bit confused about fast track and long term medicals...
as i can see, the only difference is in CBC and ECG? so if i choose fast track, and i think i will because the other option is very expensive and i`m generally healthy, i have to do:
CERTIFICATE OF BLOOD GROUP TYPE, VDRL, HIV 1&2, HEP ABC, CHEST X-RAY, VISUAL ACUITY/COLOUR VISION AND AUDIOGRAM?

please, if someone could clear this up for me... i`m also booked for july..

monkeyJ
30th Jun 2010, 00:00
Hi guys,

I'm going to QA recruitment open day soon here in the UK, and I was just wondering about the full length photo you have to submit along with a passport sized one. Does it have to professionally taken studio portrait?

I was going to get my photographer friend to take it in a studio, but the studio we normally use is closed for the summer, and most other studios only have fixed white backgrounds. I just got her to take it in my living room against a green background, will that do? Just worried,because we obviously couldn't get the lighting perfect, because we didn't have a rig so had to rely on the flash (albeit very large one) from her slr and natural light, and also the carpet/floor is blue, so its not one colour all the way through...

Hope someone can help...Thanks:)

edit: Also I'm a guy, so any tips specific for male candiates would be handy! Thanks :)
edit2: also be nice to hear from any British QA crew about what it's like, particularly from any British male FA's...:)

Mari
30th Jun 2010, 06:45
Flygirl00 about the photo: "...They are very strict with the grooming (not so much on the open day, but its good to make a first impression) Also, your photos are very important, they might accept just any photos on the open day but they will ask you for other photos if they donīt meet the requirements. I got mine done professionally and it was not expensive. They were also very picky about the background of the pictures, donīt bring pictures showing your house flooring and things on the background... Thatīs why I got mine done at a studio because they have different color backgrounds and they look very neat. The full photo should be with arms on the side and facing FORWARD..."

(So, they might accept your photo, might not. You'll see.)

I'm not a boy but I could imagine how it could be working for Qatar. It's all right if you like living in Doha and working hard.

The leader of the company is very strict and very muslim, so he applied lots of rules as you must know. No alcohol in the accomodation, no parties in the accomodation, no smoking for cabin crew anywhere, no female friends - at all! - in your (male) adccomodation, no pork in your accomodation, curfew - 12 hours before duty and/or 3am, even on off days - , you need permission to leave the country. Very strict training, very high grooming standards - checked many times - , many many many Asian cabin crew, very few male cabin crew, bond for Australians and Brisish has to be paid off in 6 months (or 3? I don't remember!) not in 12 months like for other nationalities.

If you want to join another Middle-Eastern company later, you need to wait 12 months after resignation from Qatar.

Rosters are very busy and tight (mixed: 3-6 layovers and 3-6 turnarounds a month) but the time spent outstation is usually longer then Emirates. Very demending passengers but flights are not always full. If you call sick, you need to see a doctor the very same day, they take sickness and absents very seriously.

I guess you knew all of the above, no surprise there.

The girls I know (from Eastern-Europe) love it, they saved lots of money (like 70-80% of their salaries as there is no rent or utilities or transport to pay for) and they travel the World. They are very happy, have husbands/boy-friends abroad (not in Doha! the company doesn't like it! actually you are allowed to get married but only after completing your 3-year-contract and you need permission from the company). These ladies I know are very settled, no drinking, no smoking, no shopping, good girls.

You can get promoted to premium cabin after 6 months if you have previous flying experience.

What do you want to know exactly? Do you have any specific questions beside "how it's like"? You can pm the British Qatar crew if you have something important to ask, just take the time and read back in this topic.

Cheateez
30th Jun 2010, 08:18
no shopping...i wonder what THAT is like, haha)))

about the pictures - as it was my first interview with an airline EVER, i had no idea about how those pictures should look like. so i just had my friend with a professional camera take a few shots of me at home. but as i realized later, they looked RREEALLY home-made, mostly because of the background, because though i was standing in front of a plain grey wall, you could see the floor and even part of the window... :):):)but as many people said above, it was ok for the open day. when we got through to the FI, we were ALL asked to re-do the photos in studios. The rules were very strict, and by the way, the more like it you look at your selection procedure, the better!-)))))
For girls it were: a business attire (skirt! pay atention to the length:)), with or without a jacket (if without, then there should be a neat blouse with short sleeves), classic heeled shoes with a closed toe. Hair very neat as well and tied back like stewardesses usually do it ;) only STUD earrings, no more...and they should not be dark, like i had black studs on me and was told that at the picture, they might get the impression that you have big holes in your ears :} no bracelets and big rings, the maximum is a concervative necklace. and it's good to be fully made up. at my final interview i was afraid to look vulgar and chose rather light colours for the make-up, but for the photo was asked to brighten up:) because on the airplane,in its lightening, you will have to wear bright make-up. :cool::cool:
For boys it's much simpler: neat hair (with not too much gel or other hair cosmetics) and a business suit. if you wear earrings - then they should also be replaced by studs...if not taken off at all)))and that's it... the posture is the same for everyone) and...if it's a studio, i wouldn't worry about the background as long as it doesn't come out white. :) at my studio, the background was initially white, but they somehow arranged the light and in the photos - ta-da! - it actually became grey!!!

and i'm still in two minds about the medicals.as i can see, the fast-track option is a really new thing and i haven't met people who have already tried it. any surviviors? :))))))))

Mari
30th Jun 2010, 11:40
He-he, I meant no Gucci/Bulgari/Dior/Channel and not the "shop until you drop"-type and not eating-out all the time (rather cooking at home) and not spending 3-4-500 riyal in a club for drinking, finger food and taxi a night.

Ladybuggg
30th Jun 2010, 19:14
Boys cannot have girls' visits at the accomodation??

Mari
30th Jun 2010, 19:32
Since May, I guess. New rule. (Source: friends.)

tetisheri
30th Jun 2010, 19:47
yes no female visitors ın male accomodation and no male visitor in female accomodation.
this ıs new rule and unfortunately it's right.
source: one of the crew in qatar airways

Ladybuggg
30th Jun 2010, 20:38
Can they breathe the same air? lol kidding.. So, if girls want to meet boys.. only outside accomodations?

Cheateez
30th Jun 2010, 21:41
Oh yes, but be aware that the Qatari Law prohibits sexual relationships outside marriage and even sharing a hotel room without being married is illegal :rolleyes:(( Kissing in public (even friendly on the cheek), holding hands is also considered indecent. Yesterday I read a whoal load of stories about foreigners being charged with prison sentence for having sex, or being fined heavily for kissing in public. so yeah, it might be a little tought in this field :}

Ladybuggg
30th Jun 2010, 23:52
Wooow :eek:

So if I want to go have a coffee with a MALE friend, we can't kiss on the cheak or hold hands.. how do we greet each other?

And if we travel to other country (like Spain for eg), can we kiss our boyfriend/girlfriend?

Cheateez
1st Jul 2010, 10:11
well, it's just what i was told. these are the laws of the country you live in, not the company you work for. so if you are say, in spain, you act according to its own standards. well, personally i don't think it looks SO scary in reality, but one should be careful and discreet. because there are always people willing to report you...anyway, if these are rules they should be respected.and everything is gonna be ok)

Rahyan_crew
1st Jul 2010, 21:19
Hi Guys,

hope that every one is ok..!
I have a question, I made twice the CBC, went to an hematolgist, did an electrophoresis.. Anyway Qatar's doctor asked me as well if I have thalassemia. And my doc and the hematologist told me that I have a minor Alpha-Thalassemia, do you think that it's a problem to get the medical clearance ???
I don't think that it's a sickness because i was born with that and it's genetics I think so i'm a little bit lost. And I made so many test twice and it's just so expensive!! Is anyone have the same situation ??

kovati
1st Jul 2010, 21:58
Hi Rahyan Crew!

I'm in the same situation.
I had to repeat the CBC twice because of the high level of bilirubin. I asked my family doctor about it and she said that it's nothing. It's hereditary, genetics but no disease. She wrote a report about this but it wasn't enough for Qatar doctors because they asked me to go another doctor and make liver function test and abdominal ultra sound. I hope these two tests will be normal/negative and they will accept the CBC. Tomorrow I'm going to get the results. Of course these are really expensive because I had to visit private clinics to make the tests within 1 day.

I hope they will accept it and we got the medical clearance soon.:ok:

Cheateez
2nd Jul 2010, 12:59
just got my spine report.... it says i have 6 degrees scoliosis - from what i've read on this forum, it's not like the worst possible outcome, but i am soo freaking nervous! because before that, i was always told i had no scoliosis! that's the thing with those medicals- they are full of surprises. guys please say someting kind to me...like it is no big deal and all... and preferably i'd like it to be true :):):) just hope my blood tests will come out fine. ohh i so wish i were cleared as soon as possible...

monkeyJ
2nd Jul 2010, 13:12
Hey!

thank you so much for the response, the OD is tommorrow, so I won't have time for it to be redone. I did manage to change the background to light blue and it does look better, but it is annoying me (bit of a perfectionist!) that I'm not fully getting it right.

Are you British by any chance? I'm still greatful for your response though, so thank you so much! I am British-Bengali, so I can speak Bengali as well, I' so I'm not completely unaware of alternative lifestyles and I was brought up Muslim family although I don't consider myself to be follower. I guess I'm imagining it's gonna be bit of culture shock for me maybe, cos here in the UK we're so free to do as we please in our own time, but at the same time I think the disciplined lifestyle is maybe what I need precisely.

I guess the main thing I want to know is, is it as bad as what everyone on the net makes out, about being crew for QA? I mean I still want to go for it even having reading some of the 'horror stories', so I guess I'm greatful to be wised up about it and wary, what I want to know is it really that draconion? Like you constantly have to watch your back? you know like mistakes are unforgiveable no matter how small and people are constantly wanting to stab you in the back/get you in trouble for their own benefit? And how do the British crew feel and how does it compare to living in the UK?

Also do how many days holiday do you get a year? and are you free to explore/go out when you're in other cities for layover?

coco10
2nd Jul 2010, 14:41
If you have a tattoo on your lower backside, is that ok? I know you can't have tatts on your arms, legs or neck according to the medicals. Just wanna know if there are any Qatar crew who have them?

teefly
3rd Jul 2010, 14:04
Hi I am a cabincrew for Qatar and here is some Clarification.
1. You can have visitors male or female in each accomadation from 8am-10pm.
2. The shopping is great here
3. There are night clubs here that are great aswell
4. Doha is not boring, I love it :) Lots to do here. But you are extremely busy all the time with flying or training and catching up on sleep.
5. I know of crew who have tatoos, at your final interview did your recruiters talk to you about them and how to hide them? Im confused with your situation?
6. I know of crew who go on dates in the city to restaurants and have boyfriends here etc, just dont kiss in public and you will be fine.
7. Qatar airlines is extremely strict with curfew at 330 am or 11 hours b4 work period. People get fired all the time just stick to the rules, and life will be great.
8. Grooming is extremely strict you must stay in shape proportioned to your height,

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :), I USED ALL THE PRUNE TIPS TO GET HERE TODAY so would love to help others out as well...

coco10
3rd Jul 2010, 15:45
Thanks Teefly for your response.
The recruitment officers said visible tattoos are not permitted. I was advised not to tell them unless the tatt is on your neck, arms or legs. I did not tell them of my only tattoo which is on my very lower back. Should I be worried?
Also, is it true that Qatar have only one uniform size and that is a small?
The help is much appreciated!

coco10
3rd Jul 2010, 15:47
The recruitment officers did not say anything about covering a tattoo.

zabairh
3rd Jul 2010, 16:40
Hi i attended a Qatar Open Day in leeds at the crowne plaza hotel today....did anyone else go?

Arabian_princess
3rd Jul 2010, 18:48
I attended the open day too. I was on the train back home when i missed their call. I was expecting it at 6 though. Apparently a lot of people are in the same boat.

zabairh
3rd Jul 2010, 19:59
im gutted!woke up at 6..had a shave..got the train..sat there smiling away..half asleep..for nothing!they didnt call me! :(

sattlelite
4th Jul 2010, 01:38
Anyone here is wating for FI result, OP London Heathrow on 21 of June?

joshua123
4th Jul 2010, 09:17
hello everyone / i am going to join their interview on 10th july this year . is anybody else plan to join QR this year . you can add me : [email protected] we can share information and ideas . it would be fun

joshua

Altur79
5th Jul 2010, 06:16
hey people, im going to visit their OD in Johor Bahru this Sat... anybody else is going? never had experience in aviation, but i have great experience in customer service.. so, anyway would be interesting to attend :p
Good luck to everyone :ok:

red_kite
5th Jul 2010, 11:52
:) Hi there teefly!

I am just curious about how strict QR is when it comes to health of their crew. You see, I used to have papillary carcinoma, thyroid cancer, 3 years ago but I underwent thyroidectomy and had every single cancer cell burned through radiation. Now I am cancer-free. I asked because I learned about pilots who had the same fate as mine but are now back to flying. Reading back on this forum, I heard about someone who did not make it there because of the daily hormone medication she takes due to a thyroid deficiency. My concern now is, I would like to know if they give consideration to people who used to have the big C but are now very, very healthy to fly. I've long been meaning to become a crew and I may be thinking too much ahead of time but I'd just like to know about my chances of completely making it there upon passing all the hiring procedures.

Thank you so much in advance for whatever response you can extend to me. Take care! :)

SidePart
5th Jul 2010, 11:56
hi, i'm also going for JB Open Day,see you there!!!:ok:

shutter_painter
5th Jul 2010, 15:14
Hi, I am also attending QR OD in Johor Bahru, Malaysia this July 10.

I'll be coming from Singapore and will try go to JB on July 9 to familiarize myself with the place and the venue. Would be my first time to attend an overseas OD plus the my first time to visit JB. Who else is coming? Let me know and send me PM so I can join you. :) or you may want to join me in my hotel room to both save us some money in hotel booking. :ok: PM me for the hotel details that I have reserved.

Good Luck Everybody! :ok:

Altur79
5th Jul 2010, 18:02
shutter_painter
even people from Philipines are coming to Johor to attend, im shocked! Big respect to you! Please take care in Johor in the evening, it's not so safe place like Singapore ;)
sometimes we stay there in Meldrum hotel, it's rather cheap and convenient, but this time i guess i will not have nighte in JB, and will come by taxi from Singapore in the morning. Will be cheaper than to live in hotel there... :cool:

joshua123
6th Jul 2010, 04:30
nobody do it guangzhou ? lol guangzhou is easy . not so many people go or speak english .. lol if guys go malaysia .. its gonna be so hard

Capt Krunch
6th Jul 2010, 05:44
teefly

dont try to fool some of the more naive people with your more than vague interpretation of this place. I have been here for more than a decade and know that your information is one sided. We have on average of 100 to 150 cabin crew either resign or get terminated from here every MONTH.

1. You can have visitors male or female in each accomadation from 8am-10pm. Only if you have no duty within the preceding 12hrs

2. The shopping is great here you could say that if you came from a farm, but to be honest the shopping is average and below European standard. Also over priced. some people think that just because this is a tax free region that everything is cheaper. thats NOT so. there is no regulatory body in this country that regulates the amount a retailer can mark up a product and you'll find the shopping is much cheaper when in layovers. Even common groceries are priced out of this world.

3. There are night clubs here that are great aswell the price of alcohol is the highest I have seen compared to the rest of the world (girls have it easy that way). not to mention that you MUST buy a membership to enter a drinking establishment in this country by law. Because of the strict laws governing relationships, most bars are just a sausage fest of ignorant local and sub-continent men looking for their piece of meat.

4. Doha is not boring, I love it Lots to do here.
you must be new. how much can you possibly find to do other than visit a mall or friends when the temperature outside is above 45C degrees most of the time?

5. I know of crew who have tattoos anyone reading this, do not listen to this crap. Yes I also know many people with tattoos, but if they find you your terminated full stop. it's a clear written company reg. that you must NOT have visible tattoos. if you have them, keep them hidden.

6. I know of crew who go on dates in the city to restaurants and have boyfriends here etc, just dont kiss in public and you will be fine. True.. people have also been jailed for something as simple as walking and holding hands.

7. Qatar airlines is extremely strict with curfew at 330 am or 11 hours b4 work period. People get fired all the time just stick to the rules, and life will be great. Very true. well I dont know about the "life is great" part, more like an open air prison. (keep in mind you must apply for an exit permit from the airline to leave this place for any reason. if you have a duty coming up within 48hrs then your application will be denied, you also must be back in the country 12hr before your reporting time for your next duty.. and they do check, being late results in instant termination)

8. Grooming is extremely strict you must stay in shape proportioned to your height, also True, you will be off loaded from a flight for something as simple as a cold sore. Image means everything to this airline.

enjoy

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

czac
8th Jul 2010, 03:39
Hi Capt Krunch,

Out of curiosity, if it is so horrible, why have you chosen to stay for more than a decade? Would you not have wanted to move on by now?

I understand you are providing some realism in comparison to what has been previously posted. But it almost seems like you are discouraging anyone from looking forward to this.

Again, totally appreciate your view after having been there for 10+ yrs, but there must be a reason why you stay, no?
C

Mari
8th Jul 2010, 07:56
Guys, honestly. Why do you care what other people think and feel???

The question is here: DO YOU KNOW YOURSELF? How much are you self aware? You know the facts. Why are you concentrating on the emotional content of the posts??? Why do you care?

Doha and working for Qatar can be fantastic and can be horrible. It depends on who you talk to!!! How would it be for you? You cannot really picture it and imagine it totally but with the help of the forums and blogs, you can get quite a real picture.
Go for the facts:
- how is the accomodation? (plenty of info available on the net) do I like it? am I able to share my flat with strangers?
- how is the money? is the money good enough for me? is the money bad for me?
- how are the benefits?
- do I care that I cannot get married for 3 years? do I want to stay for 3 years or I don't really care?
- can I be treated as a "slave" or "servant" by the customers? will I deal with it easily as I worked on cruise ships for 2 years as a waitress? am I going to be able to deal with it at all as I I just got out of the college?
- is it hard for me to obey the rules?
- does it bother me that there is no public beach? (Maybe not because you hate the sun.)
- will it be hard for me to work with all kind of nationalities?
- is it hard for me not to eat pork when in doha? is it hard for me not to have the opportunity to drink much alcohol? does it bother me that alcohol is expensive in clubs? (Maybe you don't drink. Why would you care?)
etc, etc, etc...

There is no point asking people why they are still there. They have their reasons.

chiu1409
8th Jul 2010, 15:47
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and i wish to know more about Qatar Airways as an employee and its functionability.
I am attending da Open CV Day in Mumbai on 24th July and I hope you folks could help me know how the process follows. From reading the previous posts, i have a considerable idea about the proceedings day wise. I wish to know more about the English tests and essay questions. Also about the group disussions. I am not from the aviation or hospitality side, will this be bad for me.

Please help !!!!

Mari
8th Jul 2010, 15:54
I don't but I can be a Qatar cabin crew wannabe, can't I?

Everyone moves on when it's the right time for the individual to move on.

Boludo
8th Jul 2010, 18:56
Hello everyone,

I have a question, and I couldn't find in the forum. I am in the process of completing my medicals for Qatar.

For anyone who has been accepted and sent the medicals did you send the original in your native language along with the English translation or did you just sent the English translation to the recruitment officer.

Thank you!

Emma Gemma
8th Jul 2010, 19:32
Qatar Airways is what you make of it. It is very individidual and you will find people who love working for the company but at the same time those who hate it more than anything else. I worked there for three and a half years. It was one of the best times in my life but it was also at the same time very hard work. Management takes everything seriously. AAB is striving for perfectionism and does anything to achieve it. He does not tolerate any nonsense. One mistake and you will find yourself either demoted or dismissed. Keep a low profile, do not indulge yourself intoa any gossip, present yourself in good manner both in Qatar and downroute, do as you are told and you will be fine. It is a strange enviroment and it takes time getting used to it. You will be working with people from all over the world. Each and everyone has a different goal with their employment. Some are there to earn money, some are there to travel the world. I don't agree with all of their regulations which are only in place because they like control. No matter what, it makes life more difficult than necessary and I actually think Qatar Airways would be a better workplace if they would ease up a little on their regulations. Instead, they have created a workplace where they either demote or dismiss anyone who comes home behind their curfew. The company has been recruiting crew uninterruptedly for over 10 years, even when Emirates and other companies seized their recruitment because of the global crisis. Is it because they are growing or is it because many crew are resigning? If you decide to join Qatar Airways. Go there with an open mind. If you don't like it, go home. Good luck!

Mari
9th Jul 2010, 09:27
So, how do You like working for Qatar Airways? What do you like and what do you hate about your job? How is your accomodation? Do you get on well with your flatmate? What are the challenges you had to face at the beginning?

loc22550
9th Jul 2010, 16:57
Challenge you will have to face at the beginning:
Get used to the mentality,all the kindergaten rules&regulation, and last but not least get used to Doha!:hmm:

joshua123
10th Jul 2010, 03:43
Just attend the OD in guangzhou china this morning .. lol not even 40 people add up together went to the interview ... no completion at all .. for thoes peoplw want join QR more easier .. Guangzhou is the top choose for they to have interview

chiu1409
10th Jul 2010, 06:39
I was hoping if anybody could tell me the lines on which the topicsare based that are normally discussed in the group discussion round. I have never attended a GD in my life so I wanted to be prepared.

Please Help :(

Mari
10th Jul 2010, 14:15
Chiu, this might help you. This is from an Asian girl:

Cabin Crew Open Day – Day 1 (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/cabin-crew-recruitment-open-day/)

Posted on 27th November 2009

The whole thing was like a dream for me, I applied for different airlines via their website and I have never heard back from any of them, even some of the websites showed that my application was unsuccessful even without an interview, somehow i was loosing hope till i found out about the Open Day.

A Newsletter

Sunday morning i received an email from Qatar Airways that they are conducting an open day to recruit Cabin Crews in my country and i was invited, I thought they invited me because they are interested in my resume but actually it was just a newsletter. I took a day off work, garbed my suit, fixed my hair, nice perfume, my CV and of course the smile and there we go i am ready to go.

Surprise!

It was easy to find the Hotel and from there i was able to find the Hall, i was there almost half an hour early and as i was going down the stairs to the hall i started to hear some people talking, the noise was getting louder as i step down, there were like a hundred or so standing out of the hall, i thought that the challenge is not going to be easy but guess what ? around a thousand applicant was already inside the hall!!! I was really shocked of how many people was there.

It looked like they got too many applicants more than anyone expect and it was a bit difficult to control that number of applicants. In a short words I had to find my way to get a seat in the interview hall as i was waiting for like 3 hours and it looked like it is getting more and more crowded. Yes I sneaked into the other hall where the recruiters are interviewing and I was lucky to find a seat for myself.

Screening Interview

A two very good looking ladies sitting in the front and like twenty applicant in front of each of the ladies, I took my place in the queue till it was my turn. The lady was really sweet, she asked for my CV which i had in my hand, she looked at it really quick that she couldn’t see nothing and then she asked “How old are you ?” “27″ i answered then she asked “Do you have any experience as a Cabin Crew?” i said “No” she answered “Not yet” , Then she said we will call you before 8pm today if you are selected to continue with us, It was like a very quick screening interview to eliminate some of the huge number they got, However the interview was like couple of minutes but I ended up sitting the whole day with one eye on the clock and one on the phone.

The Call

7:55pm my phone was ringing, Yes! I am in for the second day!!! I felt so released and really felt so happy that i was selected. I realized that I had a lot of things to prepare that I couldn’t even think about before as I was so stressed waiting for the next day and started to run around like a bee. I have never been to a Cabin Crew interview before and did not know what is it going to be for the next day, what kind of questions they are going to ask, I tried google but couldn’t find too much but found some people talking about assessment process that really helped a bit to know what to expect for the next day.

Cabin Crew Assessment Day – Day 2 (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/cabin-crew-assessment-day/)

Posted on 5th December 2009

After such a long day fighting to get my place in the Assessment Day i was so excited to take the next step.

It seems like out of that big number in the Open Day, only forty lucky applicants made it to the Assessment Day, They all looked good and it was a bit challenging to stand yourself between them.

Short video about Qatar

The same recruiters was there “the two sweet ladies”, they checked if somebody is missing and then they started with a video about Qatar. The video was nice and after the video they highlighted few things that could be a bit difficult for some people to live with, such as very hot weather in Qatar, Culture issues and some of the rules in the country.

English Test

After the short video they gave us an written English test that we need to do in 45 minutes, the English test was simple and the time was sufficient, it was like some multiple choice questions, a short essay about yourself and another essay about a topic they give.

During the test they called one by one to come over and reach a specified height, i think it was around 210cm. For gentlemen you should reach it standing normally on your feet and for ladies they can stand on the fingertips.

Assessment Round One

After the English test they grouped us in two groups, 20 applicants in each group and they gave us a topic to discuss while they watch us, they mentioned that we should not look at them during the discussion as they will be watching, the topic was a question that you have to discuss and come out with an answer all together in 20 minutes. Then we were asked to leave the hall till they call for us. We waited for around 30 minutes then we were again invited to the hall, they announced 20 numbers and then we were again asked to leave the hall but this time only the ones who heard their numbers will come back after saying good bye to the others.

Assessment Round Two

20 applicants were remaining, it was strange how easily someone could be disqualified. Anyway we are again grouped into two groups for another discussion but this time the topic was some problems that we have to find a solution for each of them and the time is also 20 minutes, Another 10 was disqualified and only 10 applicants were qualified for the final interview next day.

Things to do
Dress like if it is your wedding day
Keep smiling, know that you are watched
Try to get along quickly with others
Don’t talk too much and don’t stay so quite
Listen to the others during the group discussion and never stop someone to talk
Be yourself, don’t pretend because they know it when you doQatar Airways Final Interview (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/qatar-airways-final-interview/)

Posted on 1st January 2010

10 candidates were remaining, about 6 girls and 4 boys, They assigned half an hour for each candidate and another half between each interview and the next one.

Prepration

I googled some of the typical questions for the cabin crew final interviews, it was really useful to have an idea what to expect, I showed up for the interview about 5 minutes before my scheduled time, groomed to the best, smile on the face and all positive thinking. They kept me waiting for about 15 minutes before someone came out of the interview room to invite me in.

The Interview

The lady was really nice and she welcomed me very nicely, asked me to have a seat, interview started by introuducing themselves and a brief about my file they already have since the first day, One lady was taking the lead while the other was observing me and taking notes, it is very lady that you keep eye contact to both interviewrs, However one of the ladies was starring at me in the begining of the interview i don’t know if that was a technique she is using or that she liked me.

Typical questions you will find online such as:
Tell us about yourself
Do you have a cabin crew experience ?
Why do you want to become a cabin crew ?
Do you have any experience doing a customer service job ?
Tell us about a bad experience with a customer and how did you deal with it.It took about 20 to 30 minutes till they finally asked me if i have any questions, my advice is that “You have to ask a good question here”, otherwise it could reflect that you are not really intersted in the job.

Finally they told me to expect an email within the next three weeks either i am accepted or not. they also mentioned that in case i did not get any answer from them i should contact them, luckily i got my Congratulations email after 1 week.

Things to do:
take contacts from others in the second day to stay in touch.
prepare yourself for the interview by googling the most common questions.
keep an eye contact to both interviewers.
when they ask you “do you have any questions?”, you should ask a good one

Rahyan_crew
11th Jul 2010, 14:16
Hey,

I finally get my clearance. And I have a question about the passport sized photographs in buziness attire. Do we have to make this picture with a "Colgate smile" or not ??

monkeyJ
13th Jul 2010, 03:33
...so I went to the open day. to be honest I didn't expect to get chosen, I'd have been in shock if I did, but I thought I'd at least get to the second round - but there were a lot of people there, so much more than I expected. I guess I thought as its doha's not as popular place to live particularly for westerners, that I might have had a chance and there weren't that many guys there.

Not sure why I might have failed really, I am quite short for a guy but I do meet their 212cm reach requirment, I was suprisingly more gutted than I thought I would be, as it was merely fleeting aspiration as the opportunity arose in my regional city and I took it - but I guess it was for wanting of escaping, as it would have meant total change in my life, leaving uni early, moving abroad on my own with my first real full time job.

QA's reps were very hospitable and warm though, and I wanted it more when I was there than before I got there. oh well.... trying to believe the sentiment "everything happens for a good reason" even if I don't believe it right now.... :bored:

@zabairh: yeah I attended the Leeds open day too.... but no call, hopefully I didn't mess up, cos I had just moved into a new house and realised it had poor reception in the house, but still no voicemail - which would have been the logical thing to recieve if they hadn't got through...

Capt Krunch
13th Jul 2010, 04:54
czac, Flying_Adobo

FYI
I'm one of the airlines Captains, i'm not a cabin crew so all the said rules and problems do not apply to me. Hope that answers yours and others question on why I have been here this long.
I have many good friends that are sandwich mechanics (Cabin Crew) and I know first hand how unhappy they are.
Remember you are bonded for the first few years so just up and leaving when ever you do not like it anymore is a costly option and not as easy as you might think.
Take my advise or not, I do know what I'm talking about and it's not BS.
open your eyes before you come.
Over 85% of our cabin crew as asian, and the rest eastern european with about 2% western / Auzzie / European.
ask yourself why this is, why does Emirates have so many western/ European crew and we do not.
Most asian crew find that the meager salary here goes a long way back home as it does in eastern europe. Most asian crew are also supporting families back in their home. western and european come and go like a rotating door, ask yourself why would this be.. because its a land of freedom, fun and fantasy ?? keep dreaming until you wake up in this middle east reality and say to yourself.. what have I done..

Thats the way it is. dont listen to dreamers and immature people who do not know any better because they have never seen any better.

Emma Gemma, does have a clue and has a decent back ground of this place. worth considering the advice given.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch

Ladybuggg
14th Jul 2010, 13:46
Why to make such a big deal of it? It is simple: if you dont have problems with rules, good. If you do, then sorry, this is not the right job for you. They are a 5 star airline in a muslim country, they have their own rules, they dont care if you agree or not, you're not here to think or judge or whatever, you're here to WORK. If you are good, you are promoted. Not everybody can handle it, but you can travel a lot and have good times too and also make money. If you're not happy easy, go home. There is work everywhere.

Cya.

Mesaoudadeparis
14th Jul 2010, 14:04
Hi, Rahyan Crew,
I am new on this forum and I would like to ask you a question, please.
Actually, I need your help.
I read that you just got your medical clearance. Congratulations!
I live in France too, in Paris and I am still waiting for mine.
But I have now some difficulties with the CBC as the report is in french. I translated it for QA but know they said that it is still not ok as the reference values are not the same there.
Please could help me? Where did you undergo your exams? To the american hospital? How did you do to have it in english with the appropriate reference values?
I feel a little bit desperate as I am really looking forward to joining QA. I get my congratulation email one month ago and still doing and re-doing exams since this day...
Your answer and advices would be very useful to me.
Thank you for your help.

Rahyan_crew
14th Jul 2010, 14:26
Hi Mesaoud,

For all my medical document I translated them all in tunisia, because it was really cheaper to do it there as in Paris it's really expensive!
You can use the american hospital or you can find lot of official translator throught internet, but it's like 75e per page. So the best solution if you can do it is send all the document that you need to translate to one friend living in maghreb (if you have friends there) that will be the best thing for you because the translation is around 10e per page there and Qatar airways accept all the documents if they see on the paper the STAMP and SIGNATURE of the official translator.

If you have some other questions ask in private if you need.

vapiano
14th Jul 2010, 19:00
ok. i`m not under any influence of those who hated working for QA, but little worried... personally, my goal is to travel around the world. i have no problem with rules, i`m open minded, etc.
also, i`m not planning to be there for 3 years. so, i`m wondering - and please, only those who know the answer - what is the amount of money that i would have to return in case i quite after 1 year?

i`m leaving for doha soon and i`m now in a big dilemma...

Mari
14th Jul 2010, 19:18
Nothing to return, they deduct money each month from your salary. That's the point of the bond: if you leave before completing your contract, you won't get that money back.

If you join soon, you must have a contract. Read it.

vapiano
14th Jul 2010, 21:17
yes, but they are deducting for 21 month starting from the 3rd month - so, for 2 years - and if you leave after one year, you still have to pay that whole second year... am i right?

and what about welcome bonus? if you are unable to complete 1 year of service, you have to pay back half of the bonus (QR 1000).

so, acccording to this,
4200 (350 QR*12months) + 1000 (half of the welcome bonus) = 5200 QR
is the amount you have to return if you quit after 1 year... ?

believe me, i have read my contract for hundred times. i just want to be sure. thats way this forum is about, to help others.
thank you in advance.

Mari
14th Jul 2010, 21:59
Thanks for sharing this info! Nobody has ever written it down so clearly!

Some guy wrote it before that "you need to pay off the outstanding balance" when you leave. You seem to be good with reading and calculating, clearly you shouldn't rely on forums and other people's opinion when you have your written contract and your brain.

My little niece - I wrote about her before - just got terminated, didn't make the one year. Don't leave your hotel room outstations 12 hours before departure time and you will be fine! Make sure you are in horizontal and having a "proper rest". (I just can't believe they really were checking them...)

vapiano
14th Jul 2010, 22:48
they are so strict, i have heard these kind of stories so many times!
it`s good to be aware of that before you go... not everyone is for these kind of rules. still don`t know if i am :) but thats way i`m wondering about these things, i really don`t want to be in situation that its terrible for me there and want go to home - but have to pay back a lot of money!

so, maybe i am a little bit insecure, but i would really be very very happy if someone could clear this up for me (and for others also, its good to know)!!

Mari
15th Jul 2010, 05:05
This is loud and clear:

At the time of joining, you will be entitled to a one-time ,,Welcome Bonus,, payment of Qatari Riyals Two Thousand ( Qrs. 2,000). In the event, you are unable to complete one (1) year of service in the company, you will be required to pay back Qatar Riyals One Thousand ( Qrs. 1,000) of the said bonus.

You will be required to sign a service agreement of QR 7,350 undertaking to work with the company for a minimum period of two (2) years. A sum of QR 350 will be deducted from your salary each month, starting from the fourth month onwards for a period of twenty-one months. The total amount deducted will be refunded to you upon completion of twenty-four months of service.
Should service end prior complete of twenty-four months, the money will not be refunded. The outstanding amount will be settled by you.

An accommodation deposit of QR 1500 will be required from each person in company assigned accommodation. This will be deducted from the salary in instalments of QR 100/- per month, starting from the second month onwards for 15 months; and returned at the time of leaving the Company, provided there is no loss or damage.

A two-piece set of ,Delsey, luggage is also supplied at a concessionary rate of approximately QR 465, which is deducted from the Crew member's salary in instalments of QR 100/- each month, starting from the second month's salary.

FOR AUSTRALIANS AND KIWI: The bond will be deducted in a period of 3 months starting from the 4th month. (Yes, it's 2450 riyal salary deduction.)
Vapiano,

I never heard stories about checking the crew outstations. I thought it was something new...

vapiano
15th Jul 2010, 09:59
with all deductions, i think i`ll have to bring with me some extra money...
can someone write example of a monthly roster? it should be very interesting to get some picture of what it will be like... since i don`t know absolutely no-one who has been working for QA, you guys are only source of information for me so thank you in advance!
Mari - you already help a lot just by answering my maybe weird questions:ok:

aerolyssa
15th Jul 2010, 16:16
Hi guys....just got my mmedicals done....and now just waiting for some results until I send the email to them.
My question is: I am married....does anyone know anything about Qatar rules, visa for my husband and also would like to know how long I'll have to wait to be able to live under the same roof as him.
My husband could get a job in doha and settle there with me.
Please guys help me..as I don't want to loose this chance but don't wanna loose my husband as well. lool :p

Mari
15th Jul 2010, 20:53
But you've never asked those questions from the company?! Why?????????

They know that you are married, right?

Cheateez
15th Jul 2010, 21:18
oh my god...i got cleared :) so quickly that this clearance came as a complete shock to me! :):):) my training starts on the 2nd of August. any buddies here? :)

SixStringzzz
16th Jul 2010, 16:00
Do Qatar still recruit qualified Chefs for their First Class cabin?

When I was at EK they did but I'm going back to 2008.

Thanks

Traveller1285
17th Jul 2010, 16:08
Hello

I have read that you had problem when updating your profile in Qatar Airways Job Application webpage.
Did you finally applicate through the webpage, or you found another way to do it?

The problem that I am having shows a message that says: You must select a value in the field "Sources". I have been trying many times, but it still shows the same message

Could you please help me?

Thank you

aerolyssa
17th Jul 2010, 17:41
Hi Mari......I've told them I am married...but they haven't said anything.
but I just want to ask them when I'll have my medical clearance...that's why I am trying to get as many information as I can....
Just would like to know a bit more about visa, work and stuff in Qatar...and if It's possible or not to take my husband with me.
I've heard women can't sponsor men...only the opposite....that's why I am worried, if it's true,..then the only option for him will be fiding a job which gives him a visa...know what i mean?

lara0275
19th Jul 2010, 06:38
Hey,

Anyone attending OD this saturday in Bucharest?

captain smartie
19th Jul 2010, 12:45
Anyone going? I really don't know what to expect and Im quite stressed, would be helpfull if I met someone who is going aswell

Mari
19th Jul 2010, 12:47
Of course it's true. You didn't specify your question. So, you meant the Residence Visa not the Visit Visa, right?

I think you can arrange a Visit Visa any time. He will be eligible for free tickets, as well. (After your probation, I guess.)

No, you or Qatar Airways will not sponsor your husband. He needs to find a job and the employer will sponsor him. If he's here, you can move out, I guess. How much is the Living-out Allowance and Transportation Allowance for Qatar Airways married crew?

You will find out everything soon. Let us know what you learnt.

CD9
20th Jul 2010, 02:46
Sorry to be a pain. I'm assuming this is a common question. Once medicals have been submitted, how long is the wait for approval/confirmation? Is it generally a week?

All help is much appreciated.

Charllyd
20th Jul 2010, 15:59
Hey CD9
They got back to me in 3 days but some other people i talk to said it took a week!
when are you looking to be out there? they got back to me today and im flying out on the 31st starting my training on the 2nd Aug!

CD9
20th Jul 2010, 22:08
Thanks Charllyd! I'm scheduled to depart in August (Qatar yet to confirm exact date). I will be sending my medical results today. Wish me luck!!!

Buburuza
21st Jul 2010, 14:48
Hi,

I'm coming to the OD on the 24th.
I have been researching the web for more information about life as a Cabin Crew at Qatar Airlines and I'm kinda scared of all the bad stories I found. OK ...it's hard, I can live with that, but for superiors to be rude to you, insult you or disrespect you, that I can't accept.
I'm asking the persons who worked or still work at QA, how is it really?

PS: lara0275 see you Saturday :ok:

Mari
22nd Jul 2010, 11:05
Buburuza, there are lots of lots of Romanians at Qatar. Many! Have you checked out the Romanian cabin crew forums? (Or Hungarian or other - whatever your mother tongue is.) I'm sure you could find some blogs, as well. You might be able to find more honest and more specific info if you don't search in English.

Qatar is going to have a layover in Buckarest soon, good news for you!!!

By the way, my little niece - I keep mentioning - was hired in Buckarest. The competition is tough, so good luck!

Andreea.Cristina
23rd Jul 2010, 08:52
[NOT ENGLISH LANGUAGE]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this Forum.

Yvette8610
23rd Jul 2010, 12:01
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys will attend the OD in Dubai ?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.:ok:

aerolyssa
25th Jul 2010, 10:55
Thanks Mari....for being so kind and trying to answer my questions.
I am not a 100% sure yet,,,..but what I heard is that Qatar helps crew marriage with 2000 ryals a month....and nothing else.
I am still waiting to get medical clearance and I'll be emailing them with all the questions.
Mari, you are correct...my husband has to get a job there to be able to get the visa! Do you think it will be hard? He is a sushiman and is been working as a chef for few years now.
How often do companies give visa to employees there? Do you Guys think it is gonna be hard??...:confused:
If I try to get him a job with the Qatar Group?..They have a Cathering company there as well.....that's what I've been thinking....actually,it would be the light at the end of the tunel for me, my marriage, my life.....as I don't want to lose this opportunity!...thank you Guys! :ok:

CD9
26th Jul 2010, 06:15
Hey guys!
I've taken the long track option of doing my medicals ie. complete most of my medicals in my home country and another medical (not as thorough) in Doha. Just wanna know, what medicals do you do in Doha then?

kissandmakeups
26th Jul 2010, 15:39
Hi everyone! I looove this thread and I am learning a lot from your experiences guys :) Currently, Im waiting for my final interview results.. and as expected.. it is torture :ugh: haha but i am hoping for the best for myself and for everybody here wanting to be a cabin crew for QR.

I want to share a dilemma of mine to you guys.. My FI lasted for just about 15 -20 mins.. it was faaaast! some girls were interviewed for 30 mins or more. what can this possibly mean? What do think guys? :) let me know :ugh:

Holden_Caulfield
26th Jul 2010, 15:53
@Yvette8610,

I'm going to the Dubai OD on the 30th!

Mari
27th Jul 2010, 01:18
Aerolyssa,

the employers need to provide the visa for the employees. Your husband MUST have a residence visa if he wants to work and live in Doha. Contracts are 1-2-3-year long. Companies usually pay for the visa, one plane ticket per year and accomodation and transportation.

I'm sure that there are jobs for your husband but the question is: how much he can make. It depends on his position, experience, nationality. I have no idea what chefs make. I only have friends from the hotel industry and I live in Dubai. My friend (white, Eatern-European, female) went from a European Marriott to a Marriott in Dubai. Her position was Restaurant Supervisor: 2500 dhs, provided shared apartment (own room), bus to and from work. Then she changed company and became Restaurant Manager: 5000 dhs (with transportation allowance), one-bedroom apartment. These people work very hard: 6 days a week, very often 12 hours a day.

(Note: 1 USD is 3,65 dhs. Same like the riyal.)

I have no idea how much the rents are in Doha and what your expectations are. (Prices depend on the area!) If you live out of accomodation you need a car to go to work or you need to take a taxi. (Same for your husband of course.)

It seems to me that you are doing the job for your husband. Sorry. Maybe he should start googling 'working in Doha' and find out all the regulations and possibilities and visit some forums connected to the topic.

You will go for your training, you will be occupied with your studies. You won't have time to look for a job for him. Anyways, you cannot find a job for him. He has to do it! I can see that you are in London, you must have a British or EU passport then. I guess your husband lives there as well. There are some agencies in London for sure which look for people. Honestly, they hire British for managerial positions usually. I think most of the chefs, waiters, receptionists are from Thailand, the Philippines, India, maybe Eastern-Europe (mostly Russia, Ukrain). And I have no idea what the hierarchy in the kitchen is...

So, either he comes to Doha on a visit visa for some weeks and finds something OR finds a job through an agency.

I have no idea if he can stay with you in your flat in Doha when he's visiting. (I think you need a permission but I don't know if you get it at all and I don't know if you get it during your probation.)

Please, if you get the answers to your questions, share the info with us!!!

- I'm perfectly up-to-date with all the answers if it was about Emirates but I don't remember any useful info on this topic about Qatar Airways. -

Concentrate on your training and you will see how it goes afterwards! You will have more info when you are actually there and you can talk to real people in person (like your cabin crew manager). Don't listen to gossips, get the facts from your manager.

Good luck!

ally23x
27th Jul 2010, 05:03
Hy! Is anyone here who had his FI with QA during this event? Please post any updates you receive from them. I'm so nervous...even though the interview tooked like 20 minutes...it feels like it actually lasts untill 3 weeks (while wating any news from them).

Good luck to everyone. Hope to meet you in Doha!

Mesaoudadeparis
27th Jul 2010, 09:58
Hi everybody,Can one of you answer my question, please?I am joining QA next month and I am wondering if our job really enable us to visit the places where we are going.How long are the layovers? How much time do you have to visit, considering that we also need to rest.I was told that for far away destinations you have a 24h layover. Is that enough?Could you share your experience with me and tell me more, please?I thank you in advance for your help.

Mari
27th Jul 2010, 13:11
Dear Mesaoudadeparis,

thanks for your pm.

You can find the answers to your questions:

Read Flyingcamba’s blog from the beginning until October (time of resignation). You will have detailed info about the rosters, flights, layovers, hotels, activities, crew life in Doha and outstations.

Read RJF777’s blog, it’s short. You will have detailed info about the training, accomodation and the first month of flying with some nice layovers. Beautiful pictures!

What to do in 24 hours and other useful articles: www.aircrewmagazine.com (http://www.aircrewmagazine.com/)

Concerning my little niece: no, she was not fired at the end but she got punishment. No, she is far from being happy, she’s considering applying for European carriers but she needs to save some money. Her rosters are busy: layovers, turnarounds and standby duties. Yes, the majority of the layovers are 24-hour-long. (They have more longer layovers than Emirates for sure!) She usually have 3-5 days of standby a month but she has 8 days of standby in August all together. Most likely she will be called out for flights as they are short of people, she says. Remember, your rosters could change any time due to crew shortages and the standby duties in the middle of your roster.

I just remembered: one of her batch mates was French and there are many French speaking (Arabic) girls. (I met the group in the training college in Dubai.) Try to find some info (blogs, facebook, forums) in French as well.

All the best!

This is from one of the blogs written by a male crew. It's a fantastic roster from June 2009:

Still excited about this! This is my last week of training and today we finally got the roster of the flights that we are gonna operate in June , as said before we bidded for them , so I am pretty happy about the result, as I got a lot of the flights I wanted!
So let's explain it in cristian words , as most of people in the world are not familiar with IATA three-letter codes:
- My month starts with my ditching day in Dubai, UAE we are flying in the morning , then we are going to the Emirates Aviation College and we are coming back to Doha at night, then two days-off before I actually start my flights as a Cabin Crew.
- Then I am gonna go out of these suffocating 46šC in Doha to a cooler place: Stockholm, Sweden, where I'll be spending three wonderful days, any suggestions on what to do there?
- Arriving from Stockholm, gonna have three days-off in Doha and then heading somewhere different: Dacca, Bangladesh , definetely didn't bid for this flight, although I really find it interesting to mix something from the 'Indian Subcontinent' in my June life, gonna be there for only two days.
- Rostering thought that it would be enough rest for this new joiner, so decided to tight things up, one day later I have a long ( really long) flight to Casablanca, Morocco via Tripoli where I'll be spending only one day and then back to Doha where I will have minimum rest to put the uniform again and do a quick turnaround to Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Two days-off and enough time to recharge the batteries, because the next stop is the paradise better known as Male , Maldives where I have a layover for one day...blue ocean, white sand and of course ME ENJOYING IT!
- Arriving from the beautiful beaches and again with minimum rest is time to get myself some chocolates and fondue as I head to Zurich , Switzerland for two days.
- As the month is over, I'm doing a quick turnaround to Dammam, Saudi Arabia and again with minimum rest I'm flying to another of the world wonders: Beijing, China where I'll have two days-off and then back to Doha!

Roster - July:

- July starts away from home ( both Doha and Latin America) since I'm off to Beijing again and be back only the first days of the month. This time will try to go to the Olympic Village and take some quick snaps there.
- Some minimum rest hours after my early morning arrival from China and I'm going to Kathmandu in beautiful and exotic Nepal where I'll have a quick layover.
- Always wanted to go to Japan ( as I'm half-japanese) so this month my prayers were heard and I've got not one , BUT TWO Osaka's, with the Seoul-Incheon leg as well, meaning that everytime I go there, I stay away from Doha for like 5 days!
- After my two back-to-back Japanese experiences, gonna have some Stand-by days on which I hope I get called for something nice ( remember Beijing and Milan?).
-Later my month starts to get...wouldn't say ****ty, but starts to get hard because I only got turnarounds to Hyderabad, Athens and Cairo followed by another Kathmandu where I'll be finishing my month.

Roster - August:

- My month starts with a short but nice layover in Kathmandu again, this time I will follow the advises of a nepalese crew and I'm heading to the mountains.
-Then got an Abu Dhabi night stop , which is a good oportunity to see if there's something really valuable in their Duty Free facilities.
-My resquested exotic destination Ho Chi Minh City ( Vietnam ) is next , and they gave me the long layover, so the Mekong river will be waiting for me to take a tour.
-Ho Chi Minh is surrounded by double sectors since the day before I have to play meal basketball with my passengers to Kuwait and Abu Dhabi and the day after I will play with my passengers going to Bahrain and...Abu Dhabi!.
-After those flights I've got some office duties in Doha which will take me something like a whole week and then I've got a long Athens turnaround.
-My roster gets good as they gave me Paris as my first A340-600 operating flight, followed by a beautiful and long Rome layover which I requested for.
-Got lots of days-off after the European cliche week, so I might ask to fly on those days or I might travel around here, maybe Dubai? or Cairo?
-Then a quick turnaround to Beirut and ending the month with Ho Chi Minh again , which I will try to swap for some other thing.

Roster - September:

- My month starts in Munich ( remember that I swapped that one for my Saigon?) where I'll have a short but nice layover good enough to go buy some scale planes at Herpa, some original and thick german Nutella and some Haribo cola gummies.
- Coming back and with minimum rest I'll go to London Gatwick. The original intention of that flight was to go with a friend who would show me around South London , but I got the flight and he didn't, so I have to go to London and do some japanese tourist sightseeing by myself ( and also buy some Wham candies ).
- Some days-off and one lovely Bahrain-basketball turnaround later, I am going to 'P'iliphines, to some city named Cebu. I requested this one because they told me it was cheap and there were some lovely beaches around the islands.
- Now things get hard as I got a nice round of Stand-by's together even though I've always been lucky with those , let's see if this month my love story with rostering still continues.
- Then things are even harder as Mr. Roster is always trying hard to send me to Dhaka, so as the first month , I got a beautiful Doha-Dhaka-Doha-Tripoli-Casablanca-Tripoli-Doha, being a total of six days in the roster with the same crew.
- If you thought that was enough , arriving from Morocco I got minimum rest and got my monthly basis Dubai turnaround.
-Cairo follows ( this time on a A330 ) and then I'm off to some beaches again to beautiful Cebu!

Roster - October:

September was not very attractive to me as I got a nice round of Stand-by which I didn't get pulled out of and one trip to the airport for an useless Airport Stand-by session ( I was about to be pulled out for Tunisia, but then the crew member showed up so I didn't ). Anyway, I scored my record of block hours for October ( around 120 ), no Stand-by's and only two easy turnarounds.
- My month starts in Cebu, which I decided not to swap as I do believe that the beaches and the experience in beautiful Philippines is worth the 10-hour flight.
- On the even brighter side, I will be going to London not once or twice, but FIVE times, so will practically be moving to the UK. Still I do believe that as London is one of the world's capitals, you'll never run out of things to do there and I like the shopping as well.
- What else? Oh yeah , they got me two Trivandrum's ( India ) which I didn't request for , but still beats other Indian destinations as it is a 24 hours layover and not an overnight extremely tiring turnaround.
- Seychelles what? Twice? Heading to the tropical and beautiful Seychelles islands paradise two times this month with crew that I actually know, so the fun is guaranteed.

Post on 4th October 2009: - the end of the journey

I got into lots of troubles the past days and I was just dealing with all of that, therefore my roster got cancelled and after dealing with all the paperwork , I'm sad to say that I am going home.

onax
27th Jul 2010, 18:42
I had my FI today in Bucharest. It tooked like 10 minutes and i hope this is a good sign. Anyhow i told them the story of my final interview from last year when i failed and then they asked me about my job and some difficult situations at work. But, do you think is it possible to succed a Final Interview once you have failed another a year ago? (at Qatar Airways, of course)

aerolyssa
28th Jul 2010, 13:53
Mari....
have no words to thank you......you made me think a lot and see which exactly are my priorities at the moment....
I'm gonna ask my husband to go to Doha on a Tourist Visa and see what he can get over there. He can't stay at the accomodation with me...he has to atay at the hotel or maybe staying at the guys accomodation.....He can visit me at my accomodation from 7am to 10pm.,,,and that's it.
We are both brazilians, but I also hold italian passport.
Let's see what happens.....I'll get back to you guys....and I hope, with good news!!
Thank you very much for your help Mari,.....You are a very helpful and special person!!....*** Thank you!

Guys...one More Question!!!
Submited My Medicals Yesterday.....everything Was Fine With Them.....
Does Anyone Know How Long Does It Take To Be Cleared??

Thanks....:d

Mari
29th Jul 2010, 07:10
WORKING VISAS IN QATAR

To work in Qatar, it is compulsory to be in possession of a valid residence permit and a work visa. Administrative procedures to get legal authorizations to live and work in Qatar are often complex: first, you must find a "sponsor", ie a local employer wishing to hire you. The sponsor initiates the work visa application by requesting to the Ministry of Interior of Qatar all legal authorizations to hire a foreign worker. The sponsor has a particular role to play since he must vouch for you whether when you open a bank account or when you sign a rental lease in the country.

Once the procedure is getting under way, foreign workers must then travel to Qatar with a single entry visa, valid for at least three months so as to carry out all compulsory administrative procedures and apply for a residence visa once there. Contact the diplomatic representation of Qatar in your area for more information about entry visa applications

Once in Qatar, you must get a residence permit and a work visa. Local companies generally undertake visas and permits procedures for their expatriate employees. However, blood tests and x-rays are compulsory. HIV testings are also performed; in case of infection, you must leave the country. Fingerprinting is also performed.

Once the residence permit and work visa in your possession, you will be allowed to work in Qatar. Note that you must work for your sponsor only; if you want to take another job, a minimum period of two years in employment with your original sponsor is compulsory. After two years, and if you want to take another job with another sponsor, your employer must give you a certificate: this is called the NOC ("No Objection Certificate"). Sponsorship can not be transferred to another employer if you don't receive your NOC from your initial sponsor.

Holders of work visas can bring their families with them. They must sponsor residence permits for their spouses and children under 25 years old. Women can now sponsor residence permits for their husbands. The residence permit do not allow employement in Qatar. If dependants wish to work in Qatar, they must in turn find a sponsor and undertake the administrative procedures for obtaining a work permit.

If a foreign worker must temporarily leave Qatar, an exit visa is compulsory. The exit visa do not apply for dependants.

ACCOMODATION IN QATAR

Given the expansion of the country and the arrival of new immigrants to Qatar every year, and as far as the rental market is concerned, demand sometimes exceeds supply and it is often difficult to find accommodation at good prices. However, many housing solutions exist for expatriates.

Types of housing in Qatar:

1. Accomodation in "compounds":

Located in closed and secured neighborhoods, compounds are groups of individual or terraced houses with facilities like pools, gyms etc. Accommodation in compounds is very popular among the expatriate community.

2. Accommodation in individual houses:

You may well rent an individual house located outside "compounds". In general, houses are larger outside compounds and often include a garden or a yard. Individual houses availability is limited.

3. Apartments:

Given the urban development, many residential towers have been built in Qatar. Apartments are available for rent, either furnished or unfurnished, but all include basic amenities and air conditioning.

Where to look for accommodation in Qatar?

Companies in Qatar generally call upon the services of professional relocation agencies to find accommodation for their expatriate employees. If you cannot benefit from the services of a relocation agency, you can find accommodation to rent by word-of-mouth, directly from owners or through estate agencies. You can also ask your employer, your colleagues or your HR representative. Read ads in local newspapers, or simply ask to compounds or buildings'employees.

And prices?

Accommodation prices vary greatly in Qatar, and are constantly on the rise. For your information, a 3 or 4 rooms apartment/house can easily cost around 10 000 to 20 000 riyals per month depending on the location.

Rental agreements:

The most common practice for duration of a lease agreement in Qatar varies from 6 months to two years in general. A safety deposit is required, but should not exceed two months rent. Rents can be paid in advance, on a monthly or quarterly basis (at the owner's discretion). The rent may include amenities like gas or air conditioning, but water and electricity are payable separately. Local taxes may also apply (garbage collection, recycling, etc.) Everything must be clearly stated on your rental agreement.

Subletting your apartment is prohibited in Qatar, except with the express consent of your landlord. If you still occupy your accommodation after expiration of the lease term without objection from the landlord, the lease will be automatically renewed.

aerolyssa
30th Jul 2010, 14:03
Mari....could you please give me the website where you found all that information? is that Qatar Embassy website?....
OMG.......you are my Angel Mari!.....I have to meet you and give you a lovely present for all that. loll
I Love this Thread.....

tik
2nd Aug 2010, 15:25
i wonder when next qatarairways will come to hire cabin crew in nairobi i was told its through an agency but no adverts are made so its very complex

missB
3rd Aug 2010, 03:52
is anyone going to the open day in Brisbane on the 22nd August? I've only ever been to an Emirates OD but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same?

Mesaoudadeparis
3rd Aug 2010, 11:30
Hi Mary,

Unfortunatelly, Flyingcaba's blog is not working.
That's a pity! It seemed to be full of useful information.
Anyway, thank you again! I read the other links you adviced me, it was really interesting.

Mari
3rd Aug 2010, 11:51
I just checked: it works perfectly. Well, what to do...

There was another very good blog (Bambi84) but it disappeared recently. She removed the whole thing! I guess she resigned, as well...

Good luck for the training!

smallthew
6th Aug 2010, 20:10
hey guys,

I made it to the final interview here in Taiwan back in May, but didn't make the cut. Is it possible that i was rejected because i'm still in college (i was willing to drop out, though). any successful similar stories? :\

also, if you attend an OD in another country & made it to the FI, got accepted, do you do your medicals in your home country or the country you were recruited?

thanks,
m

jerbehr87
8th Aug 2010, 22:57
Hey did anyone go to the interviews in vancouver back in July, and get the green light??

Mari
8th Aug 2010, 23:15
What do you mean? What happened to you?

(Note: Mari does NOT work for Qatar Airways. Please, do NOT send any private messages.)

CD9
9th Aug 2010, 07:20
Hi all!
Does anyone have QR's HR phone number? My contact person there is away and I need to speak with someone urgently?

Thanks!

Ivony118
9th Aug 2010, 10:09
Hello Mari,

Just wanna ask something i hope you could spare me some of your time, but anyway, just wanna know if were they (Qatar Airways) particular with the skin of every applicants, like they prefer fair, flawless & smooth skinned applicants, or are they particular with the leg scars?

Thanks,
Ivony

RiverPlate
9th Aug 2010, 15:15
I was not aware that I was famous!

Indeed I left Qatar for some troubles I had there.
All I can say is that Qatar is exactly what everyone says: it's what you make of it.

They have tons of rules and now they've come up with even more (i know it because i still have lots of friends working there).

They are extremely short of people because of all the sackings and resignations and most of my batchmates are being promoted to F1 (premium cabin) because the employee rotativity is huge.

At some point I am glad i left and i can now have a regular life even though I miss flying badly (it is reflected on my blog as i do want to get back to the skies some time), but right now my head and plans are heading somewhere else.

Anyway, just a heads up...be prepared for lots of rules, for being treated like a kid (even trainers say that) and long and heavy rosters, some people hate it and some people well...just love it like i did.

Peace out! if you have any enquiries, you can ask them on my blog.:}

Ivony118
10th Aug 2010, 05:31
hey good day to you!

I had a run through with your message which also corresponds with my present problem about what kind of CV should i pass to them (QR assessment staff) during the open day..Can you give me sample of the CV?and also, just wanna ask if is it necessary for me to attach with my CV the cover letter?and what does the cover letter includes...Hope to hear from you very soon..Thanks, just email me at [email protected] a lot!God Bless you.

Ivony

faith143
10th Aug 2010, 06:18
Hi everyone

I attended the open day last July and I made it until the final interview. They told me to wait for the email 2-3 weeks. It will be the 3rd week tomorrow. I hope they will email me soon. I am pretty nervous.

Hi ivony! I see that you are from Cebu. I am also from Cebu. When are you planning to attend the open day?

ssatine715
13th Aug 2010, 21:08
Hello! This is my first time to post on this website. I just googled for anything I can read about Qatar hiring and came across this site. This is such a wonderful site since it's exclusive to careers in the sky. Therefore, to my surprise upon registering, there are a lot of forums, almost one forum for each airline. Wow! I just want to dive into this delectable feast of information!

What more, the people here are from all over the world! Hola! Bonjour! Konnichiwa! I speak spanish and french fluently; basic knowledge of japanese. I just heart languages, different cultures---I heart the world, :)

Anyway, I stumbled upon this site because of the passion that was again ignited in me when I realized that there was going to be an OD (wow, I'm using a technical cabin crew wannabe term,hehe) here in Manila. Ergo. :)

Anyway, I'm so impressed that there are a lot of (once) aspirants here sharing their triumphant stories! It's so overwhelming. It seems so easy when I read it for those who passed. It's like they applied and boom!hired! While it's the contrary for me. I've gone to QR OD two years ago I think, and did not even pass the 'handing over the resume' screening.

I will try again this 21st. I hope and pray good fortune will come my way...will come to all of us. ..

Boludo
14th Aug 2010, 03:53
Hey guys, so I'm just waiting for medical clearance. It's only been a week since I had to re-submit everything and I'm crazy checking my mailbox everyday haha.

Anyway, I hope to be in Doha this month if all goes well fingers crossed.

ChinoA
15th Aug 2010, 10:28
YouTube - Farnborough 2010- Qatar Airways CEO Akbar al-Baker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3EFeUaMf4)

"We put people in the corner of the room and get what we want from them".

That's QR for you.

Its a great opportunity to see the world i admit ,but be aware of this and the lovely DOH-JED-DOH-BAH-DOH double sector! because they are short of crew at the moment and will make you fly like there was not tomorrow!

Mari
16th Aug 2010, 00:30
ChinoA,

post some rosters, post some real-life-stories (gossips). This post is not enough to understand. (For them: I have my niece there and I have colleagues from Qatar. I see the picture. The ppruners don't.) And by the way: it's not so touching for some people who come from very poor countries.

So, anyways, I revealed a new segment of living in Doha at Qatar accomodation: apartment search. (My "little nicece" gave me authorization to post her infos.) Even if you are not there! I guess they are looking for things like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes (maybe lighters, yes!), pork and well, vibrators. The best thing is when there is a search you don't know about but you are there: you open your eyes and someone is standing beside your bed. (As you were asleep, didn't hear the door bell and they came in.) That must be shocking!

Summa summarum: Keep your apartment key in the lock when at home. In addition: never trust your flatmates.

Boludo
17th Aug 2010, 01:17
Hey guys, I fly out the 17th of September. Does anyone else have this date? Also, I'm a male.

@mari- thanks for the heads, i don't smoke or think vibrators will be a problem for me haha, but good to know they just come into your apt. I don't plan to drink while I'm Qatar, I do need my wine as I'm Argentine, but can wait til I'm out of the country for glass.

missB
18th Aug 2010, 01:04
This might sound like a stupid question or one that has been answered before, but there I'm planning to attend an open day this Sunday. I have had my photos done about 6 months ago but they were done on a white background. Does anyone know if Qatar are super strict on the avoiding white background for photos? Obviously I'll go and have them done again if need be but with only a few days to go it might be a bit of a struggle with getting time off work...

Mari
18th Aug 2010, 07:54
'Avoid white background' means that you need to avoid the white bacground. They are super strict, of course!

The_U.D.
18th Aug 2010, 14:19
Hi everyone!!!

Wonder if anyone can advise me...how long after getting the "Congrats, you made it" email do you have to confirm it? Considering that after confirmation you have to submit medicals within just 3 days; and I am crazy busy for the next 3 weeks with exams etc!?

In other words, how long can I postpone my confirmation that I recieved their email??

tik
18th Aug 2010, 15:36
why ?????? ohhhh why waiting for the day QR will recruit in East Africa ..when??? please when????

lara0275
20th Aug 2010, 06:48
Hey there,

Do you know anyone who was diagnosticated with incomplete right bundle branch block (minor) after their ecg and got the medical clearance?

phaquer
20th Aug 2010, 07:32
me too, i was just diagnosed with RBBB (complete). bundle block whatever. and now i don't know what to expect!

lara0275
20th Aug 2010, 08:23
Did you send them the results?

kenyan85
20th Aug 2010, 08:41
The ugly truth is that they have a bias against East Africa. Racial? Maybe. The truth is most guys from our region go to Qatar and get into trouble with the law and/or lie when it comes to their medicals. The spillover effects of corruption? Your best bet is to travel to SA for an OD. Good luck.

phaquer
20th Aug 2010, 13:54
hey lara,

not yet. i still need to do a stress test this monday. i hope it's nothing major. do tell me what their response would be for your condition, ayt? I'm so anxious and scared. I hope it's just paranoia that's doing all these. :(

Ashiya21
20th Aug 2010, 14:07
Anyone who are Filipina Flight attendant working in Qatar Airways?.. What are the qualifications of Qatar Airways? I wanna try to apply..Thanks..

fallen_angel
21st Aug 2010, 09:33
But im wondering what time will they be calling me if ever im in for the next day... :s I hope they'll call me soon... im feeling nervous.. :s

P.S. Im here in manila now... :)

onax
21st Aug 2010, 12:31
Hello guys,

I have the same problem with my ECG . Diagnostic: minor right bundle bunch. I've already sent my medicals but i don't know what to expect. Does anyone has a clue in it?

Lara may i have your phone number? :)

ssatine715
21st Aug 2010, 22:52
Hello,

I attended QR OD yesterday at Diamond Hotel in Manila, unfortunately I did not get the call.

Below are the pics I submitted yesterday and incidentally what I wore to the OD. I'll definitely be improving my 'presence' but just on the pics below,could anyone can take the time to give me feedback.

Constructive criticism will be very much appreciated.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad273/Dory_Omnes/wholebody4r.jpg
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad273/Dory_Omnes/passport.jpg

Also, which shoes is better:
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad273/Dory_Omnes/mariodboro.jpg or
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad273/Dory_Omnes/landinutti.jpg

Thank you so much!!

phaquer
22nd Aug 2010, 06:17
lara,

they required me to do a stress test because mine was complete. i had my heart ultrasound yesterday and the results revealed that everything is within acceptable standards when it comes to my heart and its activities. i just hope that stress test will be a breeze though. i'll pray for the both of us -- and i hope this will not prevent us from realizing our dream. all the best. :)

tik
22nd Aug 2010, 10:39
hi your photos are really nice ,you can even know why you were not called ,i mean your smile:ok:,or may be your cv???

Fiona82
22nd Aug 2010, 14:24
actually your pictures are nice! I am not sure maybe it wasn't them, maybe it was your CV or maybe there were just too many people to pick from.
Concerning the pictures, I think you should maybe put some mascara or bit of eyeshadow on your eyes. And also I think the colour of the skirt and the blazer do not exactly match. On the picture you come across a bit tensed up (if this is the right word)...I mean you need to maybe come across more "relaxed".

zabairh
22nd Aug 2010, 15:46
[Text speak].

ssatine715
23rd Aug 2010, 02:50
Thank you so much to all those that replied!

Will work on the make up and the uniform. How about the shoes, I forgot to ask, which do you think is better?

:)

Good luck good luck! :)

Zara03
23rd Aug 2010, 03:06
Hi all, I'm very confused about the pay? can some please explain it? Thanks :)

skyhigh12
23rd Aug 2010, 04:56
[Text speak].

phaquer
23rd Aug 2010, 07:17
lara and onyx,

my stress test results came out normal. how have you been? have they corresponded with you already regarding your medicals?

all the best.

lara0275
23rd Aug 2010, 08:53
Hey there,
Glad to hear you are alright. This means you will get your clearance any time now. I am still waiting for a sign here. I will give you updates on my situation.

zabairh
23rd Aug 2010, 11:58
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this for me, is it necessary to fill in an online application form or do you just attend the open day?

thank you

onax
23rd Aug 2010, 14:47
At an open day session is enough to show up with your cv and pictures. :)

Mari
24th Aug 2010, 07:05
Photos: feedback.

Not fresh enough, not young enough. I don't know your age but you look over 30. (I know many Asians.)

iceania
24th Aug 2010, 08:11
[Text speak].

onax
24th Aug 2010, 12:26
Nothing till now. I really don't know what to say. I am really concerned about that thing with the minor right bundle brunch especially since i couldn't find anything about it. Let us know your medical status one you'll find out more infos. keep in touch!

phaquer
24th Aug 2010, 12:42
onax,

i emailed my coordinator about my condition, and now i am anxiously awaiting for her reply. but anyway, i have a fit to fly certification already for my medicals. i hope qatar will find me medically fit as well. oh well.

kenyan85
24th Aug 2010, 14:23
Hope everything works out for you! I have a good feeling , I think you'll do just fine x

phaquer
25th Aug 2010, 15:20
thanks! although i am still really scared about the outcome, because QR is known to be pretty stringent when it comes to medicals. i think a 'fit to work' certification is not an enough assurance that they will approve my medical results right away.

but i can just hope for the best (while also expecting for the worst, hehe)

all the best to all of us! :)

ba2silverjet
25th Aug 2010, 16:00
Hey guys I just attended the Qatar open day in Manchester at the weekend, got through to the final interview which I think went really well, does anyone know how long it was between there final interview and finding out if they were successful

The_U.D.
25th Aug 2010, 16:56
Took exactly three weeks to get my congrats email! :ok:

zabairh
25th Aug 2010, 21:22
Hi anyone attending the Qatar Airway London Gatwick Open Day on saturday 28th August??

phaquer
26th Aug 2010, 00:03
mine was five weeks! but some of those who had the FI in our batch got it like 8 -11 days after the FI. i just observed that mostly, their responses for male candidates took longer compared to the female candidates.

also, get to know the people that had the same FI date as you. if unfortunately some of them failed the FI, almost all of them would be receiving the regret email together. in my batch, it was the second week when those who failed received the rejection letter.

good luck on the waiting game -- and be patient. it really helps you keep your sanity intact. hehe :)

BlueSkySid
26th Aug 2010, 01:53
Hi Crew,

Will there be anyone from Australia attending Melbourne OD 11 Septemeber?

yam55
27th Aug 2010, 04:54
Howdy guys from P.I....I just finished my final interview with QR 3 days ago, it was quite short, 15-20minutes I guess...I dunno if it's a good sign, questions asked are mostly about me and my experiences concerning my current job as a cabin crew(in a local airline in my country)...I'm really feeling uneasy right now, I don't want to expect but I'm keeping my hopes high...jitters starts to set in...the agony of waiting for the email is killing me. The recruitment officers were really nice, they will give you feedbacks for your advantage once you get to fly for QR. Though, I stutter at times during the length of my interview, (I was really downright nervous) but all is well...this is it, :sad::ugh:

skyhigh12
27th Aug 2010, 04:55
Hi,

Does anyone know how hard the 8 weeks training is? Is there alot to memorize? I was wondering are there many people who fail?

PT085
28th Aug 2010, 00:32
Hi everyone!

This is my first post, I've been reading the forum and got a bit scared. I attended the open day in Portugal on July the 19th and have been shortlisted to send my medical reports. Yay! But...

Got my spine report today and it states that I have a 18š scoliosis :( just 3š above the maximum threshold... I will definitely repeat the exam and ask for a second opinion as I have not yet mailed this report and am still on schedule but this got me thinking and I'm hoping somebody here knows the answer:

Even if you meet all the health requirements of the first stage, will you have to go over every exam again once in Doha (audiogram, xrays, etc.)? Because my spine report might have been due to bad posture, I don't know and am just guessing, but if it did happen at home, there's a chance it would happen in Doha, and being turned down there would REALLY suck...

Cheers!

phaquer
28th Aug 2010, 05:16
^^

hey!

i really hope your second test turns out well. all i know is that qatar is pretty strict when it comes to medicals. scoliosis is something that they really take into consideration. the other person i went with to have my medicals done had a 15 degree scolio, double curve. when she sent in her medicals, she got an email the next day informing her that she did not pass the scolio exam.

but i really, really hope your second opinion would not be that bad.

all the best.

Mari
28th Aug 2010, 06:07
Skyhigh,

if your English is good and you are not totally stupid, you will pass your exams.

MEDICALS

Are there any requirements?! If yes: you need to meet those requriements. Otherwise you will be turned down. (Read back.) It's pretty clear.

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 04:22
Hey there! I think we're on the same boat waiting for the result...thank God I have someone to relate to....the waiting is driving me nuts also....:eek:

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 04:50
Thanks Mari..

Same here also waiting to see if i made it or not, but its not really bothering me because you cant change anything everything has been done and said so relax and hopefully we will all pass :) did you guys get your photos done professionally?

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 05:32
@skyhigh: Wow..welcome to the club, I guess I'm not alone...oh well, whatever the outcome, let it be. Concerning the pictures, as for me, I had mine done by a professional, as a matter of fact, I went to two different photo studio just for the pictures, as the first set of pictures didn't meet my expection (fugly)...

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 05:43
@yam55- ye i was thinking to get it done professionally but then when i saw the pics of some of the girls who got it done i really didn't like it or the quality and i cant stand the blue background just personally looks really outdated but maybe its just me. It would be silly if people didn't make it because there photos weren't done professionally and even the recruiters said we don't have to get it done professionally.

In your opinion what do you think about working for qatar airways?

tik
29th Aug 2010, 05:55
hi everyone,did anyone show up fpr the open day in KL i have a friend who did and he tells me it was postponed to the 7th ...............does anyone know why??? am feeling sorry for him expense wise.

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 06:26
@skyhigh: Hmmm...there's some sort of inconsistency going on, our ROs asked us to have our pictures taken by a professional, as a result a lot (I mean make that all) of my fellow applicants (including me) had our pictures retaken..according to the ROs, your pictures play a major role in the selection process made by the recruitment body back in Doha, and that the only thing the ROs can do is make some recommendations, thus, you have to have great pictures...I'm dumbfounded about this subject.

Anyhoo, working with Qatar Airways??! dang, iI'm so ecstatic (if I make the cut)...most of the people I know, whom are now cabin crew in QR, said that Qatar Airways is a very stringent and strict company in terms of work, you are expected to meet their standards at all times...there's this one colleague of mine, he was a former cabin crew; he got terminated because he was caught standing while leaning behind the galley counter etc. during the pre boarding...:suspect::\ gee....that's how serious QR is when it comes to service...afterall, it's 5 star!...

How about you, what's your sentiment?

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 06:51
Thats so strange about the photos? i'm quite shocked. I found the hole process really easy and lay back, the recruiters were super nice and even told us how we should act in our group discussions? well it will be very interesting to see the outcome.

personally i'm not excited about working with Qatar as i've read many negative comments about them. Im ready to work hard and follow there rules but i don't want to feel like im going to get fired every time i'm working. You know how we have to pay the accommodation bond and if you don't stay there more then 2 yeers you have to pay it all back, its making me think thats probably how they make there money because so many people quite or get fired so just Imagen the profit they make only from that and it just seems all abit strange. so maybe thats why they fire people for minor things?I get the feeling you really don't have a life when working for qatar your constantly under watch.
Im definitely not 100% sure if i will take the job thats if i get it.

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 07:07
Awww..me too, I've heard a couple of negative comments about Qatar Airways, on how strict they are..(they have to, to be on top and to remain on top) that's why they expect so much from their employees...but, you'll never find out the truth if you won't give it a shot. So why not take the plunge..! It's a once in a lifetime adventure, you can be based in Doha, but you're working around the world, it doubles the excitement!...Doha, is like any other city, but with some restrictions, curfew, alcohol etc...you can survive dear!:ok: You've gone this far, no turning back now....think about it..:ugh:

Mari
29th Aug 2010, 07:38
Sky, take enough money with you if you take the job. They deduct the cost of training from the first 2 salaries for Australians and kiwi.

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 07:42
I know if i get i should just take it and see for myself as you said its a once in a lifetime adventure awwww but im just disappointed with the negative comments about how there crew are treated. You know how they are a 5 star airline but ive read there reviews from passengers and most of them are disappointed with the overall operation of Qatar. Hm maybe im looking into this way to much lol. its just ive always wanted to work for emirates and i had my opportunity, made it to the interview stage but didn't pass, and i have to wait a hole year to apply so in feb 2011 i can re-apply. Ah who knows ill just wait and see if i even get this job. for the open day there really wasnt that many people around 80 so that made me think aswell, why so little? for emirates there was 200 when i went. :hmm:

@Mari

Ye i noticed and why only Australians and kiwis? they think we are rich? lol Theres so much deduction for Qatar from luggage to accommodation... oh dear and the bass pay is really nothing well comparing to australian dollars even when your probation is over and $12per hr omg i havent worked for that much since i was 16 yrs old. But look honestly i dont want to do this job because of the money ive always had a dream to be a FA..

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 08:06
Cheer up mate! I mean, everybody has their own opinions, be it good of bad...even Emirates has its share of negative comments...(btw, I also applied for Emirates, like you, i didn't made the cut, so I have to wait like 6mos or so to re-apply) anyhows, like I said, look at the brighter side of life...:} May I ask, what do you mean by "how their crew are treated?" like seniority? e.g senior cc acting bitchy over a newly released junior cc? is that what you mean?...if so, I have my share of bad experiences in an aviation industry, as I myself is a cabin crew in my country, at first, it's really tough, as you have to pleased everybody, especially your senior crew (all the time)..but hey, once you have proven something, and once you're working for a while now, you get the hang of it...you'll be alright (based on my experience). If someone treats you badly, please take my advice...stab that fellow in the neck, crack open his/her head, and bake his/her brain using the galley oven..:E What I'm saying is, make friends, ignore the people who treats you badly, and enjoy the ones that makes your stay worthwhile...shrug it off sky!! it'll be fine :ok: remember, pack something sharp inside your cabin luggage, or better yet, bring something toxic to poison those nasty crew...just kiddin sky...;) I hope we can make it..!!

Oh gee, you are so blessed, around 80 people, dang, down here in my country, around 4000 hopefuls attended the open day, and only 20 something got in for the final interview..same goes for Emirates...

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 08:18
oh your comment made me laugh great sense of humor would love to work with you :) Ye thats what i mean, senior crew being nasty to us Juniors, i can take alot off Bullsh*t from people because nothing gets to me and im just that type of person to shrug it off and even learn from the experience, in the end im a junior, got alot to learn and prove.

Ok thats it, im going to keep positive im sure theres plenty of girls who would love to be in our position.
so now its just the waiting game :ok:

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 08:22
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

yam55
29th Aug 2010, 08:48
There you go!! Now we're talking...that's the spirit girl! Keep the positive vibes and exhaust the negative ones, it will only stress you out. Don't worry, everything will be ok, don't be bothered by the senior crew, not all of them are nasty, some of them are friendly!! :E While others, well, bitchy...lol...I really don't get it why some crew are nasty when they can be nice...hmm, prolly they have some issues of insecurities in them....(based on experience again)...yeah, I would love to work with you soon, together, we will exterminate the nasty crew aboard our flight...:8 You pack the sharp tools, while I, on the other hand, will pack some pesticides and moth balls..(coffee with moth balls and offer it to our nasty senior crew, that would do the trick)..Don't worry about what other people think, they don't do it very often...lol..hey, i'm just goofing around to ease the jitters, my insanity is a manifestation of waiting for the result...my heart is pouding really hard just thinking of it..(lubb dubb lubb dubb)....:ok::ok::ok:

You heard me right ski, around 4000 applicants attended the open day, it's like the whole population of New Zealand! yikes!:eek:

ThatRedHatGirl
29th Aug 2010, 16:33
Sky,

I think what you may be reading is that it can be extremely difficult for people coming from the Aus/NZ way of life to adjust to the way things are in the Middle East. I'm Aussie and moved to the relative tolerance and freedom of Dubai, however bear in mind that Qatar as a country is a lot less liberal and more strict on the simple things.

For example, at home say if you worked for Virgin there is no rule to say you must be at home 12 hours before your duty. You could go to the shops for 5 mins to buy a carton of milk if you wanted to. In Qatar, you cannot leave your flat for 12hr before you flights. Might not sound like much but remember you will not be in your familiar surroundings of Oz, you'll be in Qatar. Add in possible homesickness and lots of rules and you can see why many people leave.

I'm not saying don't do it, just consider carefully what you can put up with. By nature we Aussies don't like to think we're being treated like kids or having 'freddoms' take away, let me assure you there's many times I feel like I'm being treated like a child, the key is to be able to bite your tongue and put up with it. If you can't, perhaps wait for other airlines like Emirates. I have heard of very few Aussies who stay in QR, sure there are some but not many. So sure you may like it but you will also have the challenge of adjusting t working with many people who come from very different places than you and it honestly can get VERY frustrating at times.

For anyone wanting to join QR, good luck, weigh the pros and cons carefully and let us know how you go!!

PS- be VERY careful with blogs/Facebook/posting photos in QR as recently there were people punished and also they did a lot of banning of blogs- hence, lots of good QR blogs closed down/disappeared.

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 22:24
@Thatredhatgirl- Well no wonder why there is hardly any blogs or videos for Qatar and i'm not surprised they banned it. I just wonder do Qatar cabin crew even get to see places because of the curfew? I doubt you get to see much unless your layover is 48hrs. I mean it says alot when there was only around 80 applicants for qatar and not being racist but they were mainly Asians.

I can handle alot and put up with pretty much anything but one thing i do not like is the feeling im being watched and its so ridiculous that qatar even searches your apartment, i mean come on what do they think we are hiding? (application form for Emirates lol)

skyhigh12
29th Aug 2010, 22:33
Do you know if they call or email to let us know the outcome? I know emirates call but not sure about Qatar?

ThatRedHatGirl
30th Aug 2010, 00:39
Hey skyhigh,

I'm not sure about the layovers, you'd have to ask a QR crew about that (if you can find one willing to post)

Qatar Airways temselves didn't ban the blogs as in blocking, they just threatened sacking for anyone found to be blogging/posting photos on the net. (I believe there is on exception to that rule but she never posts anything negative & in my opinion HR allows it as her blog is a good recruitment tool as everything looks so nice and fab as she writes it)

Mari has a niece in Qatar Airways maybe she can confirm what the actual rules are.

By all means go if you like but I think if you can get into QR you can get into Emirates or Etihad (both of which are hiring)

I'm not saying QR is bad for everyone, just that it works well for some and not for others. Many crew there are from Asia where prospects of well-paying jobs at home may not be good and they also support family members. Australians generally do not have such obligations and thus have the freedom to be more choosy with our employment.

Whatever you decide, commit to it and be prepared, have some money behind you if at all possible so if you need to leave, you can do so freely.

yam55
30th Aug 2010, 01:40
QR will email us if we get ...either congratulatory or "we regret" email...well, I hope we receive the former..:sad:

Oh yes, I got shortlisted in MNL...and here I am, just waiting for the email...to be honest it's quite hard though...anyhows, yes, in my group, all of us were asked to bring a new set of pictures all of the pictures we submitted had some minor corrections in them, hair, stance, background etc. I have no clue if they have been contacted by QR to submit another picture after the FI...

yam55
30th Aug 2010, 13:36
I wish I do know the answer, but I have no clue as to the number of applicants they wanna hire down here in P.I...but, if my memory bank serves me well, according to one of the ROs, it's not an elimination process but more of a selection, as long as you meet their standards, you're in...no definite ratio...tomorrow is the 7th day after my F.I...i don't wanna stress myself just having the thought of it...I commit it everything to God.:) driving me nuts!!:ugh:

phaquer
31st Aug 2010, 02:35
basically, my take on this is simple: they lay down all their cards right at the AD. that qr is very stringent, unlike other airlines out there that are relatively more lenient. given that we have been informed beforehand about the conditions existing in QR, i think we have already decided that their policies would be okay for us if ever we decide to move forward with the application process (until it commences with the FI, and if you're lucky, acceptance thereafter) -- because they even tell us in the AD that if you can't live with rules, then by all means, do not pursue this career path any further because QR has so many policies and rules.

freedom of choice is always there -- and if ever we decide to become part of QR CC, we just need to prepare ourselves for these rules. this way, we won't be so distressed nor exhausted when we become part of QR. it's all a matter of conditioning -- and i think we can do that in the waiting game for the FI response, and then the medical report's response after we send them over to doha.

just the same, this is a great, great opportunity and we should still be thankful that out of hundreds upon thousands upon tens of thousands who would like to be part of QR CC, we are still lucky enough to have been given an offer of employment from qatar air.

just my thoughts. :)

erpacio
31st Aug 2010, 11:28
Is anyone going for the qatar open day in Rome?

yam55
31st Aug 2010, 13:15
In a state of euphoria....I got the email! Off I got for the medicals...

@phaquer: lol....thanks you my fellow colleague...=) flying with you soon!!

RavenLulu
31st Aug 2010, 22:39
Hi guys!
First post, long-time lurker.
My question: Does anyone here know how many people usually turn up for the OD in Abu Dhabi? I mean, historically. I am planning to go, but if the turn out is like over 400 or so, I might as well wait for it here in Kuwait. As is turns out travelling to KWI to AUH is much more expensive than going to Dubai =(

For the existing crew out there or anybody really, is there a way for us to know in advance where the ODs will be. I regularly check the website but they don't update it right away. For example on Aug 29, I was clicking on their event dates they were still showing dates for the Aug 14 to 29 ODs. But when I randomly checked on the net, the event dates listed a specific location countryfor September. So I copied off the web browser address and changed the ending to reflect the complete OD date/location event list.

I eventually realized that if you click event dates on the website it will direct you to:
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html

but if you type:

http://www1.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html

the results will give you the OD dates/locations for September.

Alright, totally rambling and being a nerd here. But long story short, is there a way to know when Qatar will be going to Kuwait? They were here just this July 17, so my hopes are not very high that they'll come soon. It's just good to know when so I'd be prepared! :O

Cheateez
1st Sep 2010, 09:54
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

LadyJ1
1st Sep 2010, 12:05
I have just been invited to an open day in Melbourne. Anyone else coming along? :ok:

RavenLulu
1st Sep 2010, 12:50
Hi LadyJ1,

Did you go through their website's application form? If yes, when did you send it?
I was planning to go to an OD in a country near me but told myself, if I don't get an invite, I won't be pushing through. :(

LadyJ1
1st Sep 2010, 13:06
Hello Ravenlulu.

I did apply through their website and I also did it months ago. I was very suprised to get an email as I thought I had no chance. I will defiently be going.. hopefully they will like me in person. I hope you get through some time soon.

phaquer
1st Sep 2010, 13:25
any news from the Right Bundle Brunck Block (RBBB) folks, incomplete or complete? :)

The_U.D.
1st Sep 2010, 14:26
HelloOOOoO Everybody!

Does anyone know or has any idea how long it takes to get medical clearance?? (I did the short-term medical)

Would be super helpful to have some sort of idea...instead of having to check my email 1 gazillion times a day! :p

Peace out!

RavenLulu
1st Sep 2010, 14:27
Let's see then if I'll get an invite too! They'll have an OD in Abu Dhabi, we'll see if I go through. =)

And since you'll have your OD first, do share your experiences and observations (like if they have a certain look they are going for -- sophisticated, well-groomed, au naturel, young-ish etc) :O

Good luck! Hopefully everything goes well for you!

Mari
1st Sep 2010, 14:30
If I say it takes 7 days, you will not check your e-mails?! Yes, sure...

If I were you I would check my e-mails regularly: they are very strict with medicals and they often ask for new examinations. (Read back.)

RavenLulu
1st Sep 2010, 14:31
Hi Guys!
Phaquer, I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question myself. I asked this to ladyj1 but since I am Pinay, I should prolly be asking you guys instead:

Here's the question:
"And since you'll have your OD first, do share your experiences and observations (like if they have a certain look they are going for -- sophisticated, well-groomed, au naturel, young-ish etc) :O"

I am planning to attend the OD in Abu Dhabi since I am based in Kuwait, but I still am considering it. If you and Yam are generous enough, hopefully you can advise me on how to go about it from your experience.

Agneese
1st Sep 2010, 17:14
Hello! This is my first post here...just wanted to complain my concern:O

Anyway,I had my FI 15th of August.There were 11 of us in the final interview,I dont know about the others,but 3 of my friends had their gongrats e-mail after 7-8 days.Now it is already 17 days after the FI and i still have not had my response.

So yesterday I sent my concern e-mail to Qatar and She said that my aplication is still on-hold and they,ll let me know as soon as they have the results weather pos or neg.
But i am really getting nerveus...why they sent responses to some of us so quickly and why haven,t i got my response:ugh:I do not see any logic in here.
Ideas???

Feel much better now after complaining:ok:

phaquer
1st Sep 2010, 22:27
hang in there and chill.

you're not the only one with that same situation. it took me 5 weeks to receive my congrats email, whereas some of my batchmates received theirs after only 8 days from the FI. the reason for that, according to my QR friends, is they cluster FI passers into batches when training starts in doha.

for as long as you don't receive the regret email, you're still okay. don't fret much because you don't have any reasons yet to worry.

hang in there and chill. :)

phaquer
1st Sep 2010, 22:31
i have a question.

my medicals were sent in last week, together with my FI batchmates. I was diagnosed with a heart condition that was asymptomatic and I even got a clearance from the cardiologist that my condition would not get in the way with my QR responsibilities, if ever. However, there had been no response yet from them, whereas my FI batchmates were asked to redo some of their tests, like blood, urine, etc.

question: should I be worried that I'm not redoing anything? :( i seriously don't know what to expect. they say that QR is pretty strict when it comes to medicals and that it happens more often that they correspond with you to repeat a few medical procedures.

i sure do hope i'm just healthy for them. :(

Boludo
1st Sep 2010, 22:59
I, myself was asked if my fly date was ok with me before I received the medical ok.

My situation seems to have been quicker as they didn't ask me about Cobb angles, my doctor just noted that everything was fine and I received my pass.

I did however, even though it's not required sent my work physical check as it states I don't have scoliosis, what vaccines I have had, blood pressure, etc.

I think everything should be ok as long as the Qatar doctors clear you.

Tally88
2nd Sep 2010, 00:40
Hi there! I'm currently working as Cabin Crew in Aus... have made it through in interviews for Qatar, am just waiting to hear back whether or not I was successful.
Unfortunately research says the airline :mad: SUCKS!
Anyone who has RECENT experience with the airline who can tell me if i'm better off staying in Aus or perhaps trying for Emirates or Etihad?

yam55
2nd Sep 2010, 03:52
Hey, thanks guys!!..been busy completing my medicals lately, such a chore..anyhows..

@faGIRL: cheer up, as long as you didn't receive any email yet from QR, it's still under deliberation...so just keep the positive vibes, shoo away cynicism...soon, you'll chance upon an email that has a "congratulation" heading in it!:ok:

@ravenlulu: Well, based on what I notice, there's no such thing as commonalities or same attributes during my assessment...I mean, I saw girls taller than me, shorter than me..some are fair some are darker toned skin...you can really never tell...as for, I came in well groomed (since QR is really strict when it comes to grooming, so you have to be well kempt), in full makeup, nothing vulgar, just put some color on your face...hmm, whatelse...Oh yeah, then moment i stood up from my chair walking towards one of the ROs, I think i'm under surveilance, from that moment on, you should walk like cabin crew does..no slouching, crooked posture please...more importantly, wear that perfect SMILE!..greet the ROs, she'll ask a question or a couple of questions, in my case, she only asked if I was currently working, I responded with a direct answer...then you bid good bye....this is the crucial part, waiting for the call if you're thru to the next stage or not...

@skyhigh: Hey mate...what's your status? any updates from QR?

skyhigh12
2nd Sep 2010, 04:01
@yam55- um in not sure what my status is as i didnt apply through there website, now its been 8 days since my interview i think by next week i shall find out or maybe not. I hope you keep us posted once you'r in Doha, it would be cool to hear from you and your experience! :)

phaquer
2nd Sep 2010, 04:56
thanks for that.

i was just worried because i was not asked to repeat anything. i really hope it's because i'm in tiptop shape and there were no complications with my medical results. :)

hope to see you in doha soon!:ok:

evogear
2nd Sep 2010, 04:56
Just wondering anyone going for the open day at Kuala LUmpur?

on the website says Open Day (CV submission) from 09.00-12.00, does it mean that i can walk in there anytime or i should be there before 9am?

and what to expect on that day?

can anyone help me...
Thank you

missB
2nd Sep 2010, 05:29
I'd show up early, maybe even around 8:30am. You can probably expect a lot of sitting around waiting while other people hand in their cv's until its your turn. But definitely be there before 9am!

skyhigh12
2nd Sep 2010, 05:32
@missb- I see that your from Brisbane, did you go to the Open day?

Agneese
2nd Sep 2010, 06:38
Hey! Ok, I will try to be calm and not to worry so much:O

But however there are rising so many questions...Are they really giving different dates of leaving? I mean there will be about 5 persons who made it from my country(we all know each other)...do they separate us by leaving dates and training dates...pretty strange
But ofcorse firstly I hope to get a response mail from them by Sunday-as it becomes 3 weeks then.I guess they do not work on friday and saturday so then it pretty much leaves today and sunday:rolleyes:

I have never been such a worrier i don,t know whats getting me:O

Good luck to everyone who really wants it:D

missB
2nd Sep 2010, 07:43
skyhigh - I wasn't able to make the open day last month, I really wanted to but different contriubting factors meant I couldn't...there's another Emirates one on 11th but I don't think I'll make that one either life is a bit hectic right now. But after October things should be back to usual and I'll be at any open day after that!

fallen_angel
2nd Sep 2010, 09:08
But unfortunately didn't make it to the next day :( Who made it til the FI? :)

RavenLulu
2nd Sep 2010, 11:52
Yam55 did and she's been approved for her medicals. Don't worry, I've been doing research, looks like QR goes to Manila every 2.5 to 3 mos. So, you have 4 opportunities a year to get in! :O

I am trying to attend ODs now myself. I started sending out applications last July, barely missed the Kuwait OD (I am based here) so I am hoping that they'll come back here this October. I am thinking of going to Abu Dhabi on Sept. 25, but that is still in sketches.

If I do get to attend an OD I will be happy to share stuff here! =)

RavenLulu
2nd Sep 2010, 11:58
Hi Yam55!

So you mean those that got called for Assessment the next day were pretty "different" looking from each other?

If that's the case, that sounds good. I think that once you get picked for the next day after the CV collection, looks stop to matter by then and its your skills that start coming in to play.

Of course, we need to stay well-groomed the whole 3 stages of the selection, right?

fallen_angel
2nd Sep 2010, 13:46
Hi! I was in Kuwait last June, I also missed QR's open day in Kuwait. But it's alright... at least I already tried attending OD here in MNL just this Aug for experience.:D When I was there in Kuwait, I tried applying for Jazeera Airways. Everything went well except for my visa. They don't accept visit visa, I was aware of this during the assessment day cause the interviewees told me so. Nonetheless, they still accepted me and even called me for the final interview. It was a bit frustrating cause I was almost there... but then the HR senior director was very firm with the company's policy: NO VISIT VISA ALLOWED. Well, that's life.. But I never loose hope. I know someday, I will reach my cabin crew dream soon. Hehehe :P

When you go to abu dhabi, I guess you should try applying for Etihad as well. :) I heard they're hiring now. :) Good luck girl!^^

Emma Gemma
2nd Sep 2010, 13:53
I used to work for QR a couple of years ago. In those days they were far more relaxed compared to what it is like nowadays but it doesn't mean they were strict back then because they were.

I think you will find that many crew from Europe and other Western countries tend not to stay very long with QR. Most seem to stay in average anywhere between 6 to 12 months before resigning and returning home. Some stay longer, some stay shorter. QR is a very strict company and there are many regulations you need to follow to stay out of trouble. They never give a second chance. It only takes one mistake and you are out regardless your length of service. This is no doubt the reason as to why many resign and go home.

If I were you I would either try Emirates or Etihad Airways before choosing Qatar Airways. In the end it is an individual opinion and there are many crew in Qatar who are happy. If you do decide to go, keep a low profile, obey the many regulations and you will be fine.

Agneese
2nd Sep 2010, 16:53
No response today either.If they say 3 weeks to wait ,do they really mean it?...I mean do they stick with their promised 3 week term or it happens often that it takes more time.:O

Is anyone at the same spot as me? (3 weeks up on Sunday):)

angel14
2nd Sep 2010, 21:12
Hi Skyhigh12,

I see you have had an interview with Qatar. Could you give me any any information on what the day was like, did all girls wear skirts/jackets or did some wear pants/jackets.

I have a friend who has been invited to their open day in melbourne and is in 2 minds what to do..

Any help would be appreciated, I know there are a lot of posts and I have quickly gone back over some but feel it's better to speak to some one who has gone through process recently.

Thanks;)

RavenLulu
2nd Sep 2010, 22:52
Oh my, the thing about missing QR here and not getting the Jazeera job was bad =(

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, Jazeera just let go of a bunch of people around July-August. I found out about this because my husband works at the airport and he had several Jazeera FA's asking him if he knew of some jobs around, they were not even given one month to resign, most of them were let go "effective immeadiately"

Going back on QR, if you can come back here in Kuwait it will be great! I think they'll be back here October (fingers crossed!).

skyhigh12
3rd Sep 2010, 01:50
Hey Angel,

No problem i'll share my experience with you. Your friend should be at the hotel before 9am, just make sure she doesnt come any later.Then everyone takes a seat and the two recruiters start talking about Qatar and they show a video. At the end they ask if anyone has any questions and once everything has been clarrified they start taking the resume one by one. She will need 1 full size photo and a passport photo but i noticed some girls who brought in only a full size photo and they got through but i think its better to bring both as it shows you really care. The recruiter will probably just ask her one question like, how long have you been working for or where did you hear about the open day, just very simple questions nothing to stress over. There were some girls who wore jeans but 98% of people were in business attire. I wore a black pencil skirt, a plain white top and a black jacket, skin coloured stockings and i wore black flat shoes, ok most girls were in heels but i thought il give the flats a go as long as you look well presented its fine. I even wore flats to the interview and i was the only one. My face: foudation, mascara,red lipstick,pearl earings and abit of blush. No need to pack the make-up on just needs to look professional. AND SMILE. When she talks to the recruiter just smile but dont force it, im sure they can tell from the fakes.what i mean is she doesnt have to sit through the hole open day smiling as that can look creepy in my opinion. The recruiters are very friendly so honestly she doesnt need to stress, its pointless stressing because the recruiters already know the type of people they want. If your calm and collected your answers will come out confidently.

oh i forgot, my hair was pulled back and in a very neat simple bun as i'm not good at making the more advanced buns lol. or she can try parting it to the side which i did for the interview. Just needs to be neat!.

seriously its not hard or rocket science, i can understand why people get really nervous as i was for emirates but ive come to the realization theres no point. Just be professional, calm, friendly, smile,alert.

Assesment day: There were only 12 of use. We had a exam and a reach test. The exam included: writing a scenario of when you had been faced with a difficult situation, how did you react and what did you learn? there were afew other multiple choice questions very basic stuff. then they one by one asked you to go over and do the reach test & asked if you have any scars/birthmarks/tattoos. then you go wait about 10min soutside until the shortlist people. The 2nd assessment included going into groups, there were only 2 groups so very small and they give you a scenario and you just discuss it amongst each other and they observe you. Then they do the shortlist again and if you made it they give you medical forms and a application form that you have to bring next day on your interview along with your highest education certificate and a full size photo/passport photo aswel.

The interview was pretty easy, just talked about my work experience and basic customer service experience.

I think thats about it. If you want to know anything else im happy to answer your quetions! Best of luck to your friend :)

angel14
3rd Sep 2010, 03:39
Thanks Skyhigh12,

Most of it is what I thought, I'm surprised some would turn up in jeans.
Anyway I appreciate you posting this.

Angel14:)

yam55
3rd Sep 2010, 04:21
Exactly Ravenlulu!! Like I said earlier, there are no definite attributes...you don't have to be the exact clone of Angelina Jolie, or walk like a top model...no, you don't. All you have to do, is present yourself well groomed with a healthy dose of confindence, you don't have to be cocky...just be spontaneous. SMILE! show em your pearly white teeth!...once you get thru the OD and got invited to join the AD, that's where the real game begins...orientation, english exam with essay writing, reach test the famous 212cm, then the selection process..if you get selected, off you go to the next round which is the group dynamics...selcetion again for the FI. Yes, you need to be well groomed all throughout the selection process...based on QR's standards...

yam55
3rd Sep 2010, 04:35
Ahoy there! So it's true, Qttar Airways is really a strict company, my colleague was right but I have no troubles obeying rules, so I might do good...anyhows, can I ask you something if you won't mind...how is it like working with Qatar Airways? I mean did you enjoy your employment with QR? Thanks!

@skyhigh: Still no word from QR?

fallen_angel
3rd Sep 2010, 04:36
You bet! But that's just life:)

Anyway, I heard bout that news as well... and I heard wataniya air did the same. I think these companies did some cost-cutting. Well then, they are not as stable as Kuwait air. Now if I go back there... then I'd probably apply for Kuwait Airways. :)

You think they're coming back Oct there. Good luck :)

Mari
3rd Sep 2010, 11:34
My favourite post from Emma Gemma:

13th June 2009

"It's been 10 years since I joined QR. I can still remember how anxious some crew were when operating back to DOH because nobody knew what would happen.

Al Baker is disturbed. These are some of his extraordinary actions which I can remember:

Stormed into briefing and sacked the CSD in front of the whole crew.
Sacked a CS in front of my eyes onboard the aircraft.
Hid in the toilet to see that we were doing our pre-flight checks properly.
Held a mini briefing in the aft galley on an A300 service to DXB. Two girls didn't pass his quiz and were offloaded. He ordered that a full service had to be completed.
Sacked a girl because she had removed her hat during a turnaround in DOH and he accidentally turned up from nowhere. No passengers were on the aircraft and it was in the middle of the summer."(If you want to read informative posts about QR, click on Emma Gemma's name. She has quite interesting posts. Note: she resigned in 2003.)

Agneese
3rd Sep 2010, 12:15
As i understood Qatar do not work on friday,saturday...week begins with sunday?
So i guess we will not hear from them today-tomorrow...

Time could really go faster,this waiting is depressive:sad:

skyhigh12
3rd Sep 2010, 12:51
Don't worry Agneese I'm sure they wont take much longer.;)

"Hid in the toilet to see that we were doing our pre-flight checks properly."

Oh dear when i read this bullet point i couldnt stop laughing!!. Does this guy have a life? I mean come on go do something productive. I just got a picture in my head Mr Al baker hiding in the toilet hahahah.. ( this cant be true) I need to go check out Emma Gemma's post because i did look over the other post but i guess i didn't see hers.

Thanks for re-posting it! :D

Agneese
3rd Sep 2010, 14:36
Yeah,it trully is pretty obsessive behavior:O

And to talk about obsessive-i am very obsessive already:}

It is getting so cold and rainy here in Estonia,would be nice getting to a warmer place soon.My friends sent this week their short-term medicals,but have not got their clearences yet.(same FI as me)
And today i met the girl who was also on our FI(there were 11 of us),and she said she has not got any anwcer yet either.She was the one i thought will get through for sure as myself:O...but will see...

All the best!

Emma Gemma
3rd Sep 2010, 14:54
yam55: Working for QR is very hard work but at the same time rewarding as well challenging and you get to travel the world. A lot has changed since I worked there as they have introduced a different contract and many different regulations which everyone needs to follow.

Back in early 2000, QR was a small airline and only had around 500 cabin crew. Our trips were longer as flights were not as frequent as they are today which meant we spent a lot of time away from DOH. However, morale was not as good as we wanted it to be as crew were dismissed and demoted frequently for pretty much everything.

I had a good time in Qatar and it was a very good experience. Maybe because I had boyfriends (in those days you were allowed to sleep somewhere else than in your accommodation in DOH) and many friends which made life easier.