PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Esprite
2nd Oct 2011, 20:25
New link for cabin crew recruitment events

careers-cabin-crew-events (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page)

Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaigns to take place soon in the following destinations:

Delhi, India Saturday, 1st October 0900-1200
Amsterdam, Netherlands Saturday, 1st October 0900
Bratislava, Slovakia Saturday, 1st October 0900
Manila, Philippines Sunday, 2nd October 0900-1200
Istanbul, Turkey Sunday, 2nd October 0900
Bangalore, India Saturday, 8th October 0900-1200
Cairo, Egypt Saturday, 8th October 0900-1200
Beijing, China Saturday, 8th October 0900-1200 (Females Only)
Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina Saturday, 8th October 0900
Valletta, Malta Saturday, 8th October 0900
Bacolod, Philippines Sunday, 9th October 0900-1200
Goa, India Wednesday, 12th October 0900-1200
Colombo, Sri Lanka Saturday, 15th October 0900-1200
Athens, Greece Saturday, 15th October 0900
Ljubljana, Slovenia Saturday, 15th October 0900
Macau, China Saturday, 15th October 0900
Jakarta, Indonesia Sunday, 16th October 0900-1200
Panama City, Panama Tuesday, 22nd October 0900
Bangkok, Thailand Saturday, 22nd October 0900-1200
Penang, Malaysia Saturday, 23rd October 0900-1200

careers-cabin-crew-events (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page)

KiErA
5th Oct 2011, 05:03
Hello everyone,
I'm Kiera and I'm from Malaysia. I have some questions here. I applied for Qatar Airways but unfortunately I failed my medicals and I have no idea why. Qatar will be coming to Malaysia this month. Do I need to wait for 6 months to 1 year to re-apply for the same position? It would be grateful if I can get some feedback from anyone. Thanks a lot...and have a nice day.....

Esprite
5th Oct 2011, 11:35
@KiErA you don't need to wait. however, what's wrong with your medical check up? no thalassemai, hep a b c, etc? Scoliosis? how much degree? (less than 14 degree is fine.)

next time i recommend you to send only what they need. you don't need to send CBC or lumbar x-ray since it'll delay your result and you probably get rejected.

mat2882
5th Oct 2011, 13:14
Hi guys, I have been waiting for my visa for a month plus. Is this normal?
In what cases when applicant got their visa rejected?

leaviateur
5th Oct 2011, 23:07
Let me correct you. People don't get medical rejection because of delays. I have a friend to whom took around 2 months to complete all medical exams and he got his medical clearance.
I assume that KiErA must had something wrong with his/her medicals and not because of delays.

Myself just finished with my medicals and keep on apologizing because of the delay (it took me 3 weeks to complete them) and my coordinator told me several times that I Should not worry about time, as long as I get all medicals done.

I would recommend KiErA to find out what could have gone wrong with medicals (with a doctor) and see if there's something s/he can do to solve it before re-applying.

Regards!!:O

Gevin
6th Oct 2011, 05:18
how are you new friends,

im joining and posting in this forum is because im curious and have many questions regarding my next interview with qatar airways, cause i used to attend the cathay pacific interview and i passed but unfortunately i have to cancelled since i have other opportunity working in ground, but next week will be qatar airways cabin crew interview, so what i want to ask to you all is:

1. how much salary for new recruitment cabin crew in qatar airways?

2. if my status is married is it still possibble to join cabin crew? or they are looking single person only?

3. since i have motorcycle accident i loose one of my back teeth, is it possibble to be cabin crew?

4.if i have passed the final interview, and i will go to doha for training, is there any possibilities to fail the exam and they will send me back to my country ?

5. i have read many comments about qatar airways, good and bad, but is it all true? about they do global recruitment is because many of staff they left qatar airways?

6. are they still accept if i have marked like tattoo but hidden if i use shirt or costume.

7.what kind of training cabin crew have?

8.im a smoker is it possibble to pass the qualification?

thank you so much for your support to answer my following question....
since i have wonderful job right know, i just dont want make bad decision, when i see the announcement i still courious about this cabin crew apportunitty..so thanks for all your comments and answer...really appreciate

flyer22
6th Oct 2011, 09:18
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

rfortupino
6th Oct 2011, 09:23
how are you new friends,

im joining and posting in this forum is because im curious and have many questions regarding my next interview with qatar airways, cause i used to attend the cathay pacific interview and i passed but unfortunately i have to cancelled since i have other opportunity working in ground, but next week will be qatar airways cabin crew interview, so what i want to ask to you all is:

1. how much salary for new recruitment cabin crew in qatar airways?

2. if my status is married is it still possibble to join cabin crew? or they are looking single person only?

3. since i have motorcycle accident i loose one of my back teeth, is it possibble to be cabin crew?

4.if i have passed the final interview, and i will go to doha for training, is there any possibilities to fail the exam and they will send me back to my country ?

5. i have read many comments about qatar airways, good and bad, but is it all true? about they do global recruitment is because many of staff they left qatar airways?

6. are they still accept if i have marked like tattoo but hidden if i use shirt or costume.

7.what kind of training cabin crew have?

8.im a smoker is it possibble to pass the qualification?

thank you so much for your support to answer my following question....
since i have wonderful job right know, i just dont want make bad decision, when i see the announcement i still courious about this cabin crew apportunitty..so thanks for all your comments and answer...really appreciate

1- If I'm not mistaken, 3300QR and after 6 months 3700QR + Flying hours + meals.

2- Yes it's possible. But, forget about living with your partner, no possibilities at all. Not even 1 night (if you follow the rules, you can always break them and try not to be caught)

3- Back teeth? If you smile, can you see the empty hole? Don't worry about that.

4- Yes, there are possibilities to fail, but believe, those exams are made for dumb people. If you fail, think about it, it's disgraceful.

5- All the comments about QR are true, but from 2 very different points of veiw. The ones who like it, and the ones who don't like it. But al of them are true. Nobody is lying. The rules are there, they are strict with them, crew reporting other crew is also true...

6- Non visible tattoo's are acceptable. Girls can wear either trousers or skirt, but on top, their blouse is short sleeve. For men, trousers and long sleeve shirt. Anyway, even if you have a tattoo, don't tell them, nobody will check-out your body. Obviously, if a tattoo is visible, you have no chances.

7- Service training, Safety&Security Procedures training (SEP), First Aid training.

8- Half of the company smoke. Don't tell them. Don't even tell them you quited long time ago. Just tell them you don't smoke and never did so. Again, don't smoke a cigarette before your final interview cause they are gonna notice it.

Just be smart, answer what they want to hear!!

rfortupino
6th Oct 2011, 09:25
You can be married but if single u have to maintain that status for 3 years..
I think they recently changed this rule up to 5 years :ugh::ugh::ugh:

flyer22
6th Oct 2011, 17:50
Apologize, my mistake :)
Yes, they told us that the limit is 5 years, but if you wish to get married before that you are eligible to ask permission from HR, and if you both have clean records, then maybe you have a chance... But, in general its not easy process ;)

chessia
6th Oct 2011, 23:19
Thank you a lot Evian i am going to try those links.

formersv
7th Oct 2011, 02:50
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

KiErA
7th Oct 2011, 17:44
Hey guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I had scoliosis with 6 degrees. but that wasn't a problem.as per my doctor in Malaysia everything's fine. Qatar Airways doctor asked me to re-do my Ishihara test twice and minimum plates required was 15 but somehow they asked me to repeat with 35 plates. as per my doctor here in Malaysia maximum plates are only 34. I managed to read everything and I am not colour blind as I was cabin crew and a make up artist. i even declared that i have a small scar on my left forearm..and everything was ok. They told me to send a letter from doctor with explanation cause of the scars. After a week I got my result saying that I did not obtain medical clearance. Do you guys have any suggestion for me before I proceed with my next attempt? Thanks a lot guys...

leaviateur
7th Oct 2011, 23:00
In you shoes, I'd try Emirates, since they are less strict with medicals than QR. Anyways, if you choose to retry, I'd see a different doctor, just to have a second opinion in your case. Greets!

Emma Gemma
10th Oct 2011, 17:18
QR is very strange when it comes to this sort of matter. If you have been unsuccessful medically once, it's like you have been unsuccessful forever. I doubt very much that they will provide you with any feedback as to why it was not acceptable.

I have to agree with leaviateur. Try Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air or Oman AIr instead.

julzpingul
11th Oct 2011, 05:34
Hi everyone,

I would really like to try the CV submission in Malaysia on the 23rd Oct since I guess it would be the nearest place to go for me. But am a little bit confused since am actually from Manila, Philippines and missed the Qatar event there for twice since I have been here in Singapore during those times :( Would it be possible to be accepted although I'm not a Malaysian?

I hope you can help me with these, if I will be coming to Malaysia on the 23rd, usually how many days will it take for all the interview process and after that if am fortunate enough, will they allow me to get back in Manila for the medicals or have those done in Malaysia? I do not really know much of the process.

Thank you very much. Any reply is highly appreciated:)

ClaudiaNastase
11th Oct 2011, 09:06
Hi guys, i hope this can be useful to you:

Goa, India 12-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Hotel Fidalgo Pride of Goa 18th June Road, Panaji, Goa 403001 India CV submission

Colombo, Sri Lanka 15-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Ceylon Continental Hotel 48 Janadhipathi Mawatha, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka CV submission

Athens, Greece 15-Oct-2011 0900 Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel Syngrou Avenue, Athens, Greece Open day

Ljubljana, Slovenia 15-Oct-2011 0900 Best Western Premier Hotel Slon Slovenska cesta 34, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia Open day

Macau, China 15-Oct-2011 0900 Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16 Rua do Visconde Paco de Arcos, Macau Open day

Jakarta, Indonesia 16-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Balai Kartini Exhibition & Convention Centre (Anggrek Room) Jl. Jend.Gatot Subroto Kav, 37, Jakarta 12950 CV submission

Panama City, Panama 22-Oct-2011 0900 InterContinental Miramar Panama Miramar Plaza, Balboa Avenue P.O Box 7336, Panama City, Panama Open day

Bangkok, Thailand 22-Oct-2011 0900-1200 The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok 259 Sukhumvit 19, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110 Thailand CV submission

Penang, Malaysia 23-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Traders Hotel Penang
Magazine Road, Georgetown, 10300 Penang, Malaysia CV submission

San Jose, Costa Rica 26-Oct-2011 0900 Cariari by Hilton San Jose San Antonio de Belen, Ciudad Cariar, San Jose, Costa Rica 40701 Open day

Johannesburg, South Africa 29-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Holiday Inn Sandton 123 Rivonia Road, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa CV submission

Abu Dhabi, UAE 29-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Tourist Club Area, Abu Dhabi, UAE CV submission

Bucharest, Romania 29-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest 1-3 Episcopiei St. Bucharest, Sector 1, 010292 CV submission

Porto,Portugal 30-Oct-2011 0900 Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa Av.da Boavista, 1269, 4100-130 Porto, Portugal Open day

Algiers, Algeria 30-Oct-2011 0900 Hotel Hilton Alger
Pins Maritimes El Mohammadia-Alger, Algeria Open day

Singapore 30-Oct-2011 0900-1200 Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore
317 Outram Road Singapore 169075 CV submission

Good luck ! :ok:

KiErA
11th Oct 2011, 15:02
TEXT SPEAK

cristine516
13th Oct 2011, 20:09
hi..i just want to ask what is the website of qatar airways medical center. I am a nurse and i would like to apply online. I heard they are in need of First Aid Nurses and Doctors..thank you.

leaviateur
15th Oct 2011, 16:34
Does anyone know if there's a problem if I have nearsightness of 20/50 and 20/60? I have a 20/20 vision when using contact lenses anyway.
Could that be a reason for rejection?

Thanx!

IamCybele
17th Oct 2011, 15:22
Hi everyone... :)

I am a bit nervous for the result of my final interview for CABIN CREW of QR...

does anyone know if they are very strict with regards to chicken pox scar on the face?its not that visible and just really small. But during my final interview they asked me if the scar is from chicken pox and I said yes. Unlike another applicants, they did not asked me to send photos of my scar.

Shall I be worried?
Nevertheless, I am praying a lot everyday..and hoping to receive a congratulatory email soon.

Best of luck to everyone!

nami
17th Oct 2011, 18:04
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

karimsobhy
17th Oct 2011, 18:17
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

IamCybele
18th Oct 2011, 11:37
Hi thank you for such a helpful post. . .I am done with my FI last oct 7and just waiting for QR email. I am a bit nervous because of my small chicken pox scar on the cheeks. They asked about it during my FI but unlike other applicants they did not asked me to send photos of my scar.

should I be worried? do they accept applicants with such flaws?. . .thanks you! ! !

nevertheless, I am very hopeful and keeping my strong faith. :)

Geeta
19th Oct 2011, 12:11
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

defyingodds
19th Oct 2011, 12:13
It is inherent to any cabin crew to have blemish-free skin, I have had my application completed online last week and I attached the required photos. What bothers me is the fact that I am not blessed with flawless skin. I have had acne the past few months and scarring was apparent. No indentation or anything, just pigmentation or dark spots, I am defiant of using makeup since I'm a man. Does it automatically deter my chance of getting in? :ouch:

MIK2009
19th Oct 2011, 13:56
I tried with qatar in july this year..I reached only the reach test and english test...Does anyone know if the 6 months try out counts in this case?

layloon
22nd Oct 2011, 10:24
Hey guys,
can anyone tell me what are the hemoglobin lvls ok to pass the medicals?
:8

spider_rose
23rd Oct 2011, 07:01
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

skyboy24
23rd Oct 2011, 16:34
Mik i think you can still go for one of their open day.

The Blue
24th Oct 2011, 22:32
our open day here in trinidad was supposed to be on the 1st and we havent heard anything on the new date
The new Event Dates are out:

Cabin Crew Events | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/in/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page)

Bridgetown, Barbados 05-Nov-2011 0900 Open day
Port Louis, Mauritius 05-Nov-2011 0900-1200 CV submission
Chiangmai, Thailand 05-Nov-2011 0900-1200 CV submission
Budapest, Hungary 05-Nov-2011 0900 Open day
Zagreb, Croatia 05-Nov-2011 0900 Open day
Madrid, Spain 06-Nov-2011 0900 Open day
Sofia, Bulgaria 06-Nov-2011 0900 Open day

Vannahz
26th Oct 2011, 19:49
TEXT SPEAK

Esprite
29th Oct 2011, 21:08
QR Application Process (What do I need to do?)

What do you need? to apply for QR!

1.Ask yourself if you really wanna be a Cabin Crew!

In Korea, people call service job (and construction job) “3D” → Dirty, Dangerous and Difficult! I don’t know if it’s true or not but yeh bear in mind that there is always a glamorous side and … a NOT-SO glamorous side of every job so KNOW it and keep asking yourself at least five times if you really wanna do this.

To me, finding a .. so-called perfect job is impossible because it doesn’t exist, all you can do is; find a job that you can live with .. most importantly it must be a job that you can be patient doing it and you think you can enjoy it no matter how hard it is. Yeh I know it’s easier said than done but you really need to think about it carefully because this might be a turning point of your life^^

2.Once you decide to work in the aviation field, you should RESEARCH not only about the airline, but also the aviation industry and the State of Qatar, the place where you’ll be based.

It helps you understand much more about the airline you are applying for and it gives you a big picture of the whole industry and the country that you’ll be living for a couple of years?, what’s going on there, what you need to have and need to know, what suits you and what doesn’t, etc. It’s not necessary to memorize everything about the company, but yes it’s better if you can answer when you are asked, right? One of my friends was asked “Who’s our CEO? When did he join the QR?” and lucky her cuz she knew it .. and of course she passed the first screening process. Well, this is one of your first impressions! Say … if you have the same qualification with Ms. A, but you can’t answer what the recruiters ask while Ms. A can, you know who they are gonna select! These are websites that I used for researching Qatar Airways and the State of Qatar:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew.page (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew.page) (research the company and the way they represent themselves)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/qa.html (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/qa.html) (everything’s there about the State of Qatar - fairly accurate and many scholars use this for their dissertation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways) (double check the information pls lol)

www.iloveqatar.net/ (http://www.iloveqatar.net/) (very detailed for Expats in Qatar)

What’s more, go to Google (http://www.google.com/) and type “Qatar”, “the State of Qatar”, or “Qatar Airways”, you’ll find thousands of info! Enjoy googling! lol

From QR homepage →
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reach for the stars! Join one of the most awarded airlines in the sky.
Do you love travelling and meeting new people? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Are you a team player who would love to be part of an award-winning team?

If your answer is YES, then Qatar Airways wants to hear from you. We are looking for dedicated and energetic individuals to join our multinational, award-winning cabin crew. Apply now to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to travel the world and become a flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

Requirements
Being cabin crew is not just a job but a way of life.
We invite applications from those who meet the following requirements:

•Minimum age: 21 years → If you are turning 21 in a couple of months, go for it!
•Minimum arm reach: 212 cm (on tip toes) → For male applicants, I think it’d be ok but for female, please be careful because if you can’t reach 212 cm on your tip toes, you’ll be asked to go home at once!
•Minimum education: high school degree → Everyone should have graduated high school by the time you apply for QR.
•Fluent in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an asset) → To be honest, not so many people are fluent in both written and spoken English. So don’t worry because English is not only the qualification that they are looking for.
•Excellent health and fitness → Make sure that you are VERY healthy and not coming down with infectious diseases as they take it into account very SERIOUSLY.
•Willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar → Hmm, this is VERY important because you must LIVE there. Many people say Doha is not for them and simply give up applying and there are many people who can’t stand living in Doha and decide to walk out. So make sure that you’ll be all right living in a conservative, extremely hot, and many “must abide by-rules” country!
•Outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multinational team → Maybe, this is the most important one! They’ll observe these skills from your performance, interaction, attitude, etc during the preliminary screening and your final interview.

Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package including:
•Competitive tax-free salary → Yes, it's tax-free!
•Fully furnished, shared accommodation with private bedroom → Some get private room!
•Welcome bonus (2000 Riyal) → You'll have to pay them back 1000 if you quit in 1 year.
•Three-year, open-ended contract
•Meal allowances while on duty → Depends on your flights!
•Transport while on duty
•Comprehensive medical insurance
•Life insurance
•Travel benefits on Qatar Airways and partner airlines → 1 free tix and unlimited 90% & 50% rebated tix for you ... and there are for your family members as well (no free tix)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Prepare your “Resume”, “Photo”, “Cover letter”

If you don’t know how to write a CV, google it!
http://www.resume-resource.com/ (http://www.resume-resource.com/)

What I can say is; keep it SIMPLE, EASY to read (and to get the required info) and your CV (work experience, education background, etc) SHOULD relate to the industry! Definitely, it should be UPDATED, PRECISE, and HONEST.

Well, I know many people are trying to appeal by writing everything they have experienced but honestly some of your extracurricular activities might not interest them, so pick up the most interesting and appealing one! Remember that they spend no longer than 1 min going through your CV when you walk in! Double check spelling, grammatical errors, and EVERYTHING – you can ask your friend to do it for you as s/he might notice something that you don’t.

For photo, you need 1 recent passport-sized photograph on a plain (avoid white) background and 1 recent full-length postcard-sized photograph (business attire) on a plain (avoid white) background.
Photo Format: stand facing the camera, feet together, hands relaxed by the sides and a warm open smile!

For cover letter, it’s not mandatory. I used to submit a cover letter but some of the recruiters didn’t even look at it while some read it carefully so decide it yourself! lol

4.Check the recruitment campaign schedule!

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page)

From the QR website:
You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter. Please note that all expenses incurred by you to attend any recruitment campaign will not be the responsibility of Qatar Airways. Short listed candidates will be required to attend further interview processes over the next two or three days.

What to expect
If you want to meet us, please make sure to be on-time, wear business attire and be yourself.
Ladies - Knee length skirt and short sleeve blouse. Hair neatly tied back.
Gentlemen - Business suit with neck tie
We are looking for candidates with good interpersonal skills that raise to our 5-star service level.

*Double check the City, Country, Date, Time, Location, and Event type! Sometimes they recruit female only and occasionally recruit only the citizen of recruitment country! Be very careful.

5.Once you have all the required documents and info in your hands, APPLY online (if you wish to)

Again, this is NOT necessary. You DO NOT have to apply online.
You can only bring your CV, 2 recent photos, and your confidence to the recruitment campaign and that IS enough. (According to QR Homepage, “You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter.” 2011/10/06)

But for people who want to get an invitation email from QR, you might apply online.
What you’ll get is the information of the recruitment campaign and that’s it.

I used to apply online just to make myself feel relieved but I NEVER passed the recruitment campaign that I applied online … haha

Now you know what you have to do, why don’t you give it a go? Be ready!
Opportunity never knocks twice!

I’ll come back with the tips and what you have to do on the open day later on!

Fingers crossed!

Posted by KJ
(October 6, 2011)

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com/2011/10/qatar-airways-application-process-what.html

Esprite
29th Oct 2011, 21:11
Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)

Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)

Now you guys know what you need! If you are ready, why don’t you give it a go?

Honestly, QR has NO STANDARD on selecting people, in my opinion.
It’s all about (YOUR) timing, opportunity and ….. LUCK!

Basically, recruitment campaign is held weekly around the world so go to the nearest country to where you live! It normally starts from 9-12, 9-13, 10-13, it really depends so don’t forget to double check! The recruiters basically come 5-20 mins early so BE THERE at least (I say at least .. people who are late sometimes ARE NOT allowed to get in because there are too many people) 30 mins before it begins because they might give you very important information and they sometimes tell you what they LIKE and DISLIKE, etc. And most importantly you get to know what kind of person they are and you MAY select whom you want to submit your CV to. lol

Today is nothing actually, you just follow what they want you to do, SMILE, be NICE (Hmm, you can be yourself that’s right but remember that you are applying for a (service) job!), behave properly (you are applying for the world’s 5 star airline, you know what you should/shouldn’t do), submit your CV and leave! That is it! (you might have to wait, wait and wait! So make sure that you’ll be ok standing for a couple of hrs because some people faint!!)

Yes, this process is of importance as your VISA will be permitted (whether you can go to preliminary screening or not) at this stage. And as y’all know, people are easily failed! I have seen many people speaking FLUENT ENGLISH but they are failed. And many neatly-groomed-people do not get selected! Why? Beats me cuz I don’t know either. lol Maybe, they are not impressed ?…

What I can tell you is if they LIKE you, then it’s your day.
But if they don’t, althou’ you think you are one of the best candidates/you are ready and excellent enough, you will be asked to come back when you are ready! They always say …

“You guys can come back anytime!”
“It’s not the end of the world.”
“If you don’t get selected today, it doesn’t mean that you are not good but you are not what our company is looking for right now.”
“Improve yourself and you are welcome to come back anytime.”

These are what you will hear during the recruitment campaign so familiarize with them! lol

**These are questions they may ask you when you submit your CV. (There are many more but these are what I know.)

- Hi, how are you?
- What is your name?
- What is your first name?
- What can I call you?
- How old are you?
- When is your birthday?
- What do you do?
- Are you working or studying?
- When will you graduate?
- How many foreign languages can you speak?
- What is your hobby?
- Where do you live?
- What did you do yesterday?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- Is it your first time applying for Qatar Airways?
- Why do you think you were failed last time and what have you improved?
- Why Qatar Airways?
- Where did you hear about Qatar Airways?
- Why do you want to be a Cabin Crew?
- What do you know about our airline?
- What do you know about Middle East?
- Why do you want to quit your current job?
- Do you know who our CEO is?
- Show me your teeth, ears, hands.
- Thank you for coming.

Bear in mind that they check your personality and your communication skill!
Don’t speak too much.
Don’t be too nervous.
Try to break the ice.
Be friendly and professional.
.... and you’ll be fine!

If it’s your day, they’ll invite you to attend preliminary screening which might be held either on the same day or in the following day depending on them.

They always ask you to read the instruction paper for people who are shortlisted – it’s about grooming, venue, time, etc so read and memorize it.

Basically, LISTEN carefully and DO what they ask you to and you won’t miss anything.

Language proficiency and grooming does matter to some of them. But I think your IMAGE, PERSONALITY, and ATMOSPHERE are the most important today! So do WHATEVER that you think might impress them,
be yourself (actually I don’t like this phrase cuz I don’t know how but it really works once you try! lol),
behave properly and ....
BEAR IN MIND that you are applying for a (service) job and it's the world’s 5 star airline!

Posted by KJ
(October 14, 2011)

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com/2011/10/recruitment-campaign-walk-incv.html

Georgi_84
30th Oct 2011, 13:22
Hi! Is there anyone who knows something about the QR uniforms? I mean the male ones. Are they only long sleeves or there are short as well. :confused: I have a tattoo. That´s why I ask.

leaviateur
30th Oct 2011, 22:26
One of fashion's NO-NO is to wear a short-sleeve shirt with a tie. I mean, you can do it, but it's not formal at all... So I doubt that an airline would use a short sleeve shirt for crew uniform. At least not for CABIN CREW, since I work in an airport and I've seen pilots with 3/4 sleeve shirt.

Hope it helps. Kind regards!

blokker
4th Nov 2011, 14:01
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

Lovable jinny
6th Nov 2011, 01:03
Hello Girls~,Guys~!

I just wonder if there is anyone who is going to Open day in buenos aires..
Since I'm not from Argentina , I hope to get to know someone will be there before I go..

If anyone is willing to go, please PM me:O

Good luck for everyone!

NewKingstonJa
6th Nov 2011, 07:00
It took me 2 days, but i finally completed it all. I read every page on this thread. 102, quite tiresome LOL.

After all the horror stories, i'm still going to pursue this avenue. I have always wanted to be a FA and this opportunity is just too rare to pass up. The OD will be held at a hotel that is literally 2 minutes away from my Apartment.

I've made notes and i hope all the advice from this thread will enable me to be successful at the OD in Kingston, Jamaica this week.
I need all the help i can get, i am pretty sure Hundreds of people will show up, possibly thousands but i'm praying that, the fact that the job is middle eastern based will serve as a deterent and scare people away...

I have a concern that i didnt see arise, as it seems the average person here is at least trilingual :eek:, I on the other hand speak only English.
Will i be eliminated for that???

I find it odd that they're recruiting from the Caribbean islands.
Why do they recruit from countries they do not fly to?

Emma Gemma
6th Nov 2011, 21:06
NewKingstonJa

QR will not eliminate you for not being able to speak any other languages than English.

They, like Emirates and Etihad Airways, have been recruiting in countries they don't fly to for many years. It's nothing strange about it. For instance, QR have been recruiting cabin crew in Bulgaria and Romania for as long as I can remember and they just recently started services there. Same with Argentina and Brazil in which they have been recruiting crew for probably over 10 years.

Good luck!

ralucaradoi87
7th Nov 2011, 09:55
Hello,

Can anyone tell my something about scars regulations?? can I apply for a job as cabin crewwith Qatar if I have a scar on my hand?? I ve been very stressed lately, because I ve heard that they ask about scars and tatoos...and I really want to get a job in this area!!! Tks !!!

flyer22
7th Nov 2011, 11:30
That shouldnt be a problem.. Dependes of the size and shape..

TightSlot
9th Nov 2011, 19:47
PPRuNe is not a Social Network. Messages that add no information of value to the subject will be deleted. Communicate by private message and arrange to do chatter on F*cebook if you must.

NewKingstonJa
10th Nov 2011, 00:09
After an exhausting and frustrating day, i got a call for the 2nd interview.:) I was a bit worried due to the large crowd of applicants, over a thousand people showed up. It was solely cv submissions but it seemed to take forever. I was there from 8:30am and didnt see the recruiters until 11:30am. I was only asked my age.

I was so excited at receiving the call that i forgot to enquire about whether any documentation was needed for the 2nd day of interviews. Can any informed PPR member disclose what is needed?

And also, how long does the 2nd day of interviewing last?

skyboy24
10th Nov 2011, 04:47
I did mine all in one day, that is the QR introduction up to the Final interview.
After the cv submissions we did the English test, reach test, followed by 3 group discussion then the Final interview late afternoon.

Apart from the full length, passport photos and Cv you brought on the 1st day I am not sure you'll need to bring any other documents. Bring along your passport for reference if you need to complete the final interview form.

Best of luck.

Regards xx

khadidja1988
10th Nov 2011, 13:42
I didn't bring my photos in the final intervew ! and I sent them ! then the recruiter request me to take another beacause I was bending my back! :s
I took another and then sent them ! and no request ! how long do you think they take to answer ?

And I'm waiting hopefelly to that EMAIL :(

10 days passed up from that final intervew !
thank you all
good luck

lola21
10th Nov 2011, 17:01
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

nancydrew
13th Nov 2011, 11:27
Don't worry khadidja

it take 14 days sometime to hear from them and don't forget the EID :=

they will contact you soon :ok:

KingofEK
14th Nov 2011, 02:36
Hello everyone ! Long time not posting !
I had a cabin crew experience in Saudi Arabia but performed 6 months and i have resigned !
Im' glad that Qatar Airways is coming to Tunisia on the 19th of November and i'm gonna try my best to make it fly , my last interview with them was in Tunis in August 2009 and i made it to the final Interview ! I'm so excited , now that i've got a cabin crew experience that i didn't have at that time.... so let's see to where it's gonna lead me....:rolleyes:

nancydrew
15th Nov 2011, 20:05
I want know if there's someone can tell me about the training period in qatar airways is it hard ?
And am a little bit worry about understanding the Aviation terminology and alots of other things :uhoh:

what if i couldn't pass the tests and the training period and i do alots grammatical mistakes when ever i speak english :{

they give me a tentative travel date on 3rd of december and am waiting for the offer.

wish me luck :sad:

thank you

Emma Gemma
16th Nov 2011, 22:24
NancyDrew

Training is intense but if you revise and do your homework every day you will be fine. All it takes is devotion and seriousness. The trainers are there to help you.

You will not be alone not knowing anything about aviation terminology but this will be taught to you in training. It's not rocket science.

Should you fail training, which you probably won't, they might give you the opportunity to attend a new training course. It has happened in the past but you really shouldn't think about failing training!

Good luck!

PPRuNe Pop
18th Nov 2011, 15:51
People. Please understand this is PPRuNe. We have rules and they must be followed. We do, of course, recognize that many of you use the many sites that allow you to chat to your hearts content such texting, but they are not allowed on PPRuNe. Please, therefore, refrain from using them on PPRuNe pages.

PPP

Foxy03
21st Nov 2011, 18:41
Hi to all of you, this is my first time posting here although i was searching for infos here for a long time.
I had my final interview on 1st nov and received "congratulations" email. Now i'm dealing with medicals and just found out that i have - 0.5 diopters at both eyes. I was wondering could that be a problem?

Thanks

harold2389
23rd Nov 2011, 03:29
Hey, hello to everyone out there..

I had my final interview in Oct 23rd, 2011 along with two other candidates. None of us has gotten any news from them, neither positive nor negative. What is going on? I read someone was interviewed on november 1st and already received a congratulatory email.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

khadidja1988
23rd Nov 2011, 11:39
hi harold2389!
did you send them an email telling them that you did not receive any e mail after the final interview ????
because I think you have to !!!
Good luck to everyone !

skyboy24
23rd Nov 2011, 17:43
Hi guys, dont worry just send the e.mail after the 3 weeks of waiting and wait for reply.
I know how you feel with the waiting thing... I myself waited for 3 months and 2 weeks until i received the e.mail.

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Sxx

harold2389
24th Nov 2011, 01:57
Thank you guys for your prompt response!

Waooo if you waited 3 months, then I guess I'll just sit back, and chill out! If I get selected, does it mean that it'll take that long again to get medical clearance?

Good luck to everyone!

mat2882
25th Nov 2011, 08:23
hi there. it really depends. for me, it took 1 week plus.

Annetta
25th Nov 2011, 16:25
Hello to everyone :)
I've just sent my medicals and I was just wondering how long does it take for them to approve all these things?

Milena
25th Nov 2011, 17:25
Hey guys,

Now is time for me to give my experience on the forum since everyone is always so helpful, i went trough the qatar airways interview process and i hope this will help everyone.

We had to be at 9 am sharp at the hotel they indicated, then we were about 60 persons, i arrived late just when they were playing the video, so i enter very quiet and i sat on the back. Then some more people arrived late, and then when the video was finished, the recruiters started to show a power point presentation with all the info about the airline, salary, etc. After that we asked some questions and then we had to handle the cv's. I was one of the last ones, the recruiter was so so nice, she asked my name and asked "how old are you?? because you look so young, i saw you and i though if she has 21 then it's fine" so i said i am 23. Then she asked about my cabin crew experience (i worked 3 months when i was very young on an airline) and then she asked me if i had lived in another country wich i have for 6 months so that was all , i kept a smile all the time, not a big fake one, just a sweet smile and then she said ok thank you we will call you before 6. So i go home at about 11:30 and they called at 12:30. The other recruiter was on the phone she said my number and then arrive at 10 the next day , same hotel. So we arrive and from 60 we were 15. I looked at everyone and they all looked like cabin crew already, they were a very nice group. So we started the english test, you answer some grammar, some reading questions and then an essay. Meanwhile they call each person for the reach test and when i went there, they asked about my body marks, i said i have a chicken pox mark very close to my ear but they coudn't notice , and then they asked me what are you doing and that was it. Then they said everyone passed the english test. So i was very happy because i wanted everyone to pass. Then we had the group test and we actually, played charades so we had a lot of fun, i felt the groups where very good, helpful, so in one moment the recruiter is passing the paper so that someone can write the stuff, and i took it but then i though i can't be a leader, and i looked at my group and i asked "does anyone want to write?" so a guy there said yes. Then when we had to ask questions, so that the other group could guess which characture was, i turned around so that the group could listen and i asked the question. Im saying this so that you can get an idea about body movement and all of that. Then they chose 10 people , and 3 of the rejected ones where on my team. When i though about them later, i realized the first one, a boy, he was very much of a leader so he was kind of controling the situation, the second one, a girl, never smiled and her posture on the chair was not very straight, it looked like she didn't care very much, and the third one, another boy , the one that was writing, he didn't smile to much, and he didn't give his opinion very often. On the other group there was one guy who didn't make it who was like, making jokes, talking loud and his posture was very relaxed, with an arm on the back of the other chair.
So you get the idea... Then when we got in the room again, they gave us some papers we had to fill and the pictures an everything had to be done by tomorrow , so i went today to the last interview, is just a one on one conversation with the recruiters, one of them is writing stuff and the other one asking. They asked me what did i had for breakfast, then she started reading the papers so that we confirmed all my information was correct. Thenk she asked me things like, did i help someone at my job, did i learned something, then have i lived with other nationalities, how was it, how was to live outside, and also wich passport do i prefer, co's i hold dual nationality so they only use one and i chose the european one co's i don't need too many visas to travel. So that was it and i said have a nice day and it was very nice. I really liked the recruiters from day one, they were very humble and happy.

So my advice for all of you is smileall the time, not fake big smile, just a nice warm smile and talk very calm, don't get nervous. I went to 4 interviews in other airlines trying to make it, and now i am waiting for the e-mail, so if anyone needs help just send me a private message and i wil help you guys, good luck to everyone !

ClaudiaNastase
2nd Dec 2011, 11:37
Hi guys,

I just received an email from HR Qatar where they ask me to tell them the uncorrected & corrected results from vision test report.

I have done the following tests (as they required): Snellen test, Ishihara test, color test and i don't understand what to write at the column:
Binocular vision: uncorrected RT... LT ... ; corrected RT ... LT ...

Doctor wrote there there results from Snellen test: 20/20 on both corrected and uncorrected but i received an email from Qatar and they said that the vision vales of both corrected & uncorrected can't be the same.

Did anyone know something about these things?

karimsobhy
2nd Dec 2011, 13:20
about the eye test , u should write 20/20 at the UNCORRECTED right ,left only and leave the CORRECTED values blank ,, My doctor made it this way and it was accepted and am waiting for my E-ticket now.

khadidja1988
2nd Dec 2011, 18:13
hi everyone !
I started with my medial exams ! and the doctor found that I have a verry low scoliosis not more than 10 degree i think !
so do you think it's a big problem ! ??? :( I m so scared about it !
than ! on my form 1 the first exam to do :

1-Detailed chest x-ray with the comment on pulmonary/cardiac findings/active and inactive lesion is a must !

Done with the x-ray chest ! what I did not understand is (active and inactive lesion) ???????? can someone clear it to me please ?

R2jumpseat
3rd Dec 2011, 01:56
Khadjidja,

I am not a doctor, but here is what i found for you:
"A lung lesion is abnormal tissue found on or in a person’s lung. It can be the result of an infection or illness, which may clear up without causing the patient long-term problems. For example, some lung lesions develop because of tuberculosis or pneumonia infections."
If you have any lung disease (such as tuberculosis), the lesions (small cracks) are visible at the chest x-ray. If you were healed, they will be called inactive lesions, and if the disease is present, they will be active.
The doctor should know if there is anything wrong with your lungs and tell you so. If there is nothing wrong, the paper should read no lung lesions present.

Maybe you should see another doctor who would be able to understand the terms?

nami
3rd Dec 2011, 09:14
hi,
ive done with my medicals,and on my first look on my spine doctor said it was all fine but i went to another doctor and he saw a small scoliosis?how does qatar react on small scoliosis?i have no idea what to think..:bored:
pleaseeee help :8

ClaudiaNastase
3rd Dec 2011, 10:59
Hi guys,

I have small scoliosis also with 8 degrees COBB angle.

On my orthopedics report, doctor wrote that i have 8 degrees Cob angle, i sent the report to HR and they asked the lumbar Cob angle also ... it has 6 degrees ... i'll send the report on Monday, translated, and let's see what they'll say...

My orthopedics Doctor told me that the scoliosis until 15 degrees Cob angle is ok, after 15 degrees is a problem.

I'll write next week what HR told me about the Cob angles.

Good luck ! :)

ClaudiaNastase
3rd Dec 2011, 11:02
karimsobhy

Thank you so much ! Congratulations ...

So, did they tell you when is your departure date ?

I hope everything will be ok with my medicals also ...

Good luck ! :)

khadidja1988
3rd Dec 2011, 11:10
hi R2jumpseat and thanks for your answer !
well, I don't have such a tuberculosis or stuff and I think i'm healthy and nothing strange with my lungs and nothing was visible on the chest x-ray, so if i got it ; my doctor should write this ? (inactive lesions)

I did not find any doctor who couold understand ! :s

but thank you :)
good luck

ClaudiaNastase and nami I have the same problem too! I have a verry small scoliosis and i m verry scared about that ! I think not more than 10 degree !

good luck

khadidja1988
3rd Dec 2011, 15:41
hey there!
don't worry just send them an email telling them it's been three weeks and you did not got the email yet !
I m a female and I waited 4 weeks !
good luck

Chabon
4th Dec 2011, 13:22
Hi everybody!

Here a really happy Male candidate with just received Travel Date.:p
I'll be heading to DOH on January 7th and starting training on the 9th!!
Anybody else with the same DOJ???

@Claudia

If you don't use glasses you should complete:

Binocular vision
UNCORRECTED: RT(right eye) your value LT(left eye) your value
CORRECTED: blank (since you don't use glasses)

If using glasses:
UNCORRECTED: values without glasses
CORRECTED: values with glasses on

Don't worry if you have a small scoliosis. I do have a 6 degree Cobb's and it's ok.

@Macedon
Don't worry too much about your height. If there was a problem with that, you wouldn't have make it so far, so keep it up and you'll be fine =)

Regards!

khadidja1988
4th Dec 2011, 16:24
tell me please what do you think of 10 degrees cobbs angle ? :( i m really scared of it ! ?:(

Adelinee
4th Dec 2011, 17:04
Hi ! When was your FI ?

Chabon
4th Dec 2011, 19:34
As long as your scoliosis is 15 degree Cobb's, it's OK. Everybody has a slight scoliosis, even swimmers! So don't worry.

khadidja1988
4th Dec 2011, 19:54
OK THANK YOU HOPE THAT EVERY THING WILL BE OK IF GOD WANTS ^^

@ADELINEE

My final interview was on 1st of november and I waited 4 weeks to get the congrats e mail ! :)

good luck !

ClaudiaNastase
5th Dec 2011, 11:58
Chabon,

Thank you so much ... i have already sent them the translations of my medicals and now i'm waiting to see their answer ...

I was also asked about the lumbar spine Cob angle .. it has 6 degrees ...

Take care ! :)

Macedon
6th Dec 2011, 13:38
Guys, thank you for your support, it really means a lot to me. I've just sent them an e-mail to asking for a response, I hope everything will be ok.

@ Chabon
How long did you waited?

Thank you, we'll be in touch :D

Chabon
6th Dec 2011, 20:40
Hej Macedon, I had my interview on later August and received my DOJ 2 days ago. So quite a long time to complete everything, 4 months aprox.
Don't lose hope, patience is a virtue that you all will definitely develop during this stage haha.

;)

Ostest
7th Dec 2011, 18:29
Hello,
I read some the postings and I find that most of the people here are very helpful.I attended an interview and made it to the final.The recruiters were great and told me that they were impressed with me,so I thought that in a week or so I would receive "the email'. However,after four weeks had passed without any confirmation, I wrote back to the HR in Doha..I received an email stating that my application is on-hold.Has anyone had such experience? This is my first posting and I am 26 year-old male,if it makes any difference.
Thanks in advance for the reply.

nami
7th Dec 2011, 20:05
Hi again,
well today finally i got my cobb angle and it is 2!!!!!and on my lower spine there is non..what will i do? today i got congrat mail so should i tell them about scoliosis?my first doctor said everything is fine,but i went to see was she right,and foundout i do have scoliosis of 2 degree??????still im scared did doctor calculated it wrong?what should i say to qatar???? im traveling soon to doha and im scared as never in my life!!!!!!!
heeellllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!
thank you

khadidja1988
7th Dec 2011, 20:42
OHH NAMI you know what ? I AM DEFINIETLY IN THE SAME SITUATON AS YOU !!

my doctor first said that I have a verry verry slight scoliosis !
after a week said that my spine is normal ! everything is normal !
the diference here is that I did not sent the reports to qatar yet !

SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO RIGHT NOW AND I AM SUCH VERRY SCARED ABOUT IT ! :(

after all good luck

ClaudiaNastase
8th Dec 2011, 09:39
Hello Nami,

I have also scoliosis, cob angle has 8 degrees. My doctor said that angle cob until 15 degrees is ok, after 15 is a problem ...
Almost every one has a small scoliosis ...
I already sent them all the medical reports and let's see what they will answer.
I think that if you have 2 degrees cob angle, it will not be a problem.
My advice is: do not panic !!!

Take care ! :)

nami
8th Dec 2011, 17:33
Hi,
Thank you all for positiv answers,but should I say something to qatar about this now? Im traveling to doha in like 9days... can they send me home because of this? I have nooooo idea what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all :-D

khadidja1988
8th Dec 2011, 17:43
I just sent you a private message ^^

danya
8th Dec 2011, 18:28
Hi guys, I'm thinking of going to Qatar Open Day...I have 2 questions, hope you can help.
1- I am currently living in Europe but I am from South America, is it a problem to go without being a local citizen?
2 - I am blond, blue eyes, fair skin, have experience in customer service, degree, experience living abroad....and 1.58m. Tried to reach 212cm and not really able to....although I have been practicing ways of "stretching" my body the most. ahahaha. Anyways, some people told me they are really strict. However, others told me there is really no specific profile so that I should go.
So, what should I do?

noa dek
9th Dec 2011, 19:35
hi everybodyi am going to fly Doha onDecember 17th,is any body too? khadidja we may have met in the Openday i attended it too...Best regards

khadidja1988
9th Dec 2011, 19:57
ohhh my god !
yes for sure !!!! I was looking for someone who attended teh same day but no one answers til today !!!

I did not sent my medical reports yet I don't know if I will be cleared hope so
and congratulations !!!! :) verry happy for you!

could you please send me your email via private message so I can talk to you if you don't mind
good luck ;)

noa dek
9th Dec 2011, 20:36
ok no problem with pleasure dear...

noa dek
9th Dec 2011, 21:16
did u recieve my inbox?

khadidja1988
10th Dec 2011, 10:18
sorry to be late YA I received it ! ;) tahnk you

nami
10th Dec 2011, 14:41
hi,
im going to doha too on 17th :-D
ill see you there i belive :-D

Flying 85
11th Dec 2011, 22:03
Hey guyz, i was attending the QA Cabin Crew Assessment Day in Abu Dhabi on 1st November 2011 and did the Final Interview. So far, I haven't received any response from them and yes I checked my spam. I sent two emails to QA, but still no answer. Is there anybody (from Abu Dhabi or elsewhere) who got the same problem? Thanks in advance for answer.

noa dek
12th Dec 2011, 07:36
Hi dear...so we 'll meet u soon in Qatar

khadidja1988
12th Dec 2011, 08:48
hey how are you ?did you receive my message ? and the invit ?

danya
12th Dec 2011, 14:46
Height DOES matter. Went through assessment day and was eliminated cause couldnt reach 212....people who could barely reach it and spoke a BAD english passed. Kinda ridiculous in my opinion....your look and how good you speak english should be much more important than be missing a few stupid cm in height. Totally UNFAIR! This is all about luck.

amina sari
12th Dec 2011, 18:14
hi i'v sent my medical examinations and i'm waiting for areply so i want know how tim it takes to get a reply if someone know pls informe me .

thank you

charista_217
13th Dec 2011, 04:56
My tentative travel date is also December 17th 2011. However until today I still got no ticket or other news since I received my e-visa 3 weeks ago.
Have you received your tickets ?
I just a little bit worried since the travel date is approaching yet I got no news. :(

Chabon
13th Dec 2011, 21:57
It's likely that you won't get a ticket but an e-ticket via email. I think it's ok if you go with your passport and your e-visa at Qatar's counter in the airport and you'll show up in the system with your seat assigned.
You should mail them anyhow. Good luck! and see you sometime there, I'm going to DOH on Jan 7th.

R2jumpseat
14th Dec 2011, 05:45
@danya Sorry about your experience, but height really matters. If you can not reach the mark, you will not be able to reach those overhead bins and close them or even more important reach the safety equipment that is located in the upper areas of the planes.. It is there for a reason :(

I hear Etihad has a reach limit of 210cm, so maybe check if you could interview with them...

All the best and don't lose your faith!

Milena
14th Dec 2011, 14:23
Hey guys ! I got the e-mail today wednesday, on friday it was about to be 3 weeks, im excited... but i have a question, because they want me to do the exams in three days, and i wanted to do them in one month like the recruiters said on our interview. I never chose any medical form, so i don't know who should i talk to for that, can u help me please?? thanks !

khadidja1988
14th Dec 2011, 14:29
Congratulations Milena !
I was in the same situation they wanted me to do the medicals in 3 days ( FORM A) but it was not enought for me so I contact my coordinator and called her ! I told her that I will need more time since I will need to go to translator ! and she was nice she gave me 2 weeks !
So call your coordinator and ask for more time they will be nice to give it to you!

And choose FORM A is less paneful and less complicated than the other !

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU !

amine441
14th Dec 2011, 14:35
hi i was at qatar airways OD in algeria and i was selected with the congrats email i did all the medical examinations but still have a problem with my left eye which is weak and i really worry bout .i sent them all the reports and after 15 days thay replied requesting me to improve my eye vision . left eye 8/20 right one 20/20 when corrected the left one with contact lens it is about 7/10 and i dont know if this is suitable for them ,anyway im not gonna drive the plane ...hope to get from u .by the way im from algiers down town .

amine441
14th Dec 2011, 14:40
hi im from algeria i was accepted after 3 weeks and sent all the medical reports but still have a problem with my left eye which is weak 8/20 right one 20/20 after 15days i received their email asking me to improve my eye vision when did with contact lens it was about 7/10 what do u think.? im so freaked out!!!
thnx for all..

khadidja1988
14th Dec 2011, 14:40
Hi Amine I am from algiers too !
I met a boy named amine the 31 october I think at Hilton hotel , I don't know if it's you !

I made it to the medical examinations too ;)

wish you good luck Amine ;)

hope you will make it inchallah :)

amine441
14th Dec 2011, 14:47
i think it's u who i met as well and we had a chat in the hilton loung the end of the day hope this was uuuu...if u have msn give it to me that we can talk better if u dont mind of course.

khadidja1988
14th Dec 2011, 14:50
LOL it was me ! ya

amine441
14th Dec 2011, 14:55
well i dont know that much bout this website i just came across it today cause wanted to know more bout people from algeria who made it ...well i dont know as well how to send private msg but if u want leave ur phone num that i can call u it would be better anyways it's really nice meeting u again lol....

skyboy24
14th Dec 2011, 15:34
Hi everyone.
Just sharing my journey of applying with QR so far;

open day- 17th july 2011
Final interview- 17th july 2011

congratulation e.mail- 31st October 2011
cleared medical- 3rd december 2011
tentative date to DOH- 7th january 2012

I wish you all the best and hope we'll all meet in DOH.

karimsobhy
14th Dec 2011, 16:31
Exactly the same here , the only difference is that am from Egypt :)
am traveling at Jan 7th as well
c u soon (at the airport maybe)

skyboy24
14th Dec 2011, 16:51
hi Karim, congrats.
hope to see you in Doha...

Chabon
14th Dec 2011, 17:01
Congrats to both of you!! We all have the same DOJ, see you in DOH guys!! =)

We're lucky enough as a friend (male) of mine went to an Open day on November 16th, made it to the finals and he received this:

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your interest and commitment in applying for the position of Cabin Crew with Qatar Airways.

Kindly be informed that your application is still on-hold, as our recruitment of males has currently slowed down. We request your kind patience and cooperation until a decision is taken regarding your application.
We would like to remind you that as soon as we have an answer, irrespective of a positive or negative outcome, you will receive an email from us. Until then please do not attend any of our other recruitment campaigns as the result will be the same.

Best regards..."

So, it seems we were the last male batch until further notice. =)
Congrats again!

nami
14th Dec 2011, 21:27
ive got all papers in the mail :-D hope it will all be ok :-D shall we bring x ray with or just papers?

amina sari
14th Dec 2011, 21:53
hi khadija i m from algeria and i want ask you some quetions about medical clearness so i have a problem in my ishihara test could you tell me plz what kind of plates your doctor had used? and how many time it take to get a reply to the medical test

thank you

yam55
15th Dec 2011, 03:59
To the ab initio crew! Welcome to chilly Doha! :)

skyboy24
15th Dec 2011, 06:23
Thanks chabon and congrats to you too.

regards xx

nancydrew
15th Dec 2011, 07:25
Hello everyone
am doing my training period now in QRtower
It's like the best time in my life every day it's like a new day ..
congrats to the people who will join us soon and believe me it's the best thing that could happend for you ...they will treat you as apart of the family so don't worry if if you feel a homesick because you will not feel it soon you start you training ...GOod luck to everyone :D

khadidja1988
15th Dec 2011, 08:56
Hi amina ! I sent you a private message well! you know send me you msn or write it here and I will let you know ! ok ! :)

amine441
15th Dec 2011, 09:48
Hi all i guess they take too much time in order to give their final decision for me i made it to the medical exams and still waiting though they asked me to improve my eye vision i did but dont know if their verdict will be given soon or in a year bout .
hope to get any feed back. thnx all

amine441
15th Dec 2011, 10:23
i guess we met in the open day but i really wonder how could u go this fast when others are still waiting ,is there anything to be done to know the final results .personally im sick of waiting in everytime they find some other reasons to delay things i am bout to quit their system we dont even know how things go to take up new plans in our lives .

best of luck NOADEK

nnsoester
15th Dec 2011, 18:05
hey guys..
I would like to share my experience about open day in Rome,italy. well, that was my 4th times in 3 years. about 150 candidates show up. after they explained everything about qatar and job, we had to handover our cv. she asked me how long have i been in italy, and what is my first name, then she maked a circle on my first name. then i got the call about 12.20 am. next day we were only 30..we start with english exam, there were like 50 questions.??..more or less..then we have to write an eassy about the situation when we work under stress and pressure, and what did we learn from that. and why should we be selected as a five star airline cabin crew. i suggest you don't take too much time for those questions because u can be risk of not finishing on eassy(as i did)..we got 55 mins..during this time when they call your number you have to go for the reach test..i don't reach it;(..i missed like 3 cm..ohhh during ur reach test they will ask you if you have some scar or birthmark..then we handover the paper and we have to wait 1 hour ..then they announced the shortlisted numbers(there were 8 girls remain)..which my number is not included..:(...that's it..i am sorry that i can't tell you more than that...hope u guys get some help from my post..bye

skyboy24
15th Dec 2011, 18:57
Hi Nancy, thanks.
so hows it like in DOH and the training itself?

Regards

Annetta
15th Dec 2011, 21:43
Hi guys! Need your help. Those of you who are in Doha or undergo training now, can you tell me how often does the training starts?
I know that the next one starts on 19 dec. i just got a travel date 23 dec and i cant travel on this day, its a disaster... dont know what to do((

yam55
16th Dec 2011, 03:42
QR is hiring massively, and I guess every week there's a new ab initio class starting. The last time I checked, there were like 8 AB classes all in one morning, and I don't know how many on the afternoon, as there are two shifts, morning and afternoon. All well, Christmas is coming, I presume you don't wanna miss Christmas in your hometown. :) All the best!

amina sari
16th Dec 2011, 10:44
congratulation noa i hope you all the best.

Amina :D:)

Annetta
16th Dec 2011, 11:03
Yum55, thanks for the reply))
Unfortunately i have more important reasons for that, althought Christmas in my country is on 7th jan)) by the way i asked a 2 weeks notice period, and they gave me only one/ we'll see their feedback...

Macedon
16th Dec 2011, 13:56
Hey guys! Does anyone knows how often they are forming male batches?
I noticed on this forum that one male batch will be starting on the 7th of January. Does anyone knows when the next one will start?

It's been almost a month since my FI and I'm still waiting for a reply.

@ Skyboy24

In the period of 3 months and 2 weeks while you were waiting for your congratulations e-mail, did they contacted you anyhow, did they told you that you are on hold or did they asked anything else from you?
Your case gives me hope that I still have a chance.

Thanks,

flyer22
16th Dec 2011, 15:07
You are waiting 1 month, i am waiting almost 3.. I am curious also when the next male batch will be.. Cheers

skyboy24
16th Dec 2011, 15:34
Hi there,
i know how youre feeling but all will be fine.
after 5 weeks of waiting i e.mailed them for feedback and was told that my application was on hold.
then a month after the email i got another on hold e.mail and the congrats e.mail one month after...

i wish you all the best.

regards xx

flyflytravel
18th Dec 2011, 13:35
Hey guys! - Can someone tell me what types of medicals are we going to repeat in Doha? Is anyone returned back from Doha because of medicals?

karimsobhy
19th Dec 2011, 10:43
For those who are traveling at 7th Jan , did anyone receive his VISA yet ?

Regards

amine441
19th Dec 2011, 12:34
im still waiting for the medical clearance it's been for bout 2weeks but havent received anything .they just sent me a msg asking me to improve my eye vision.
has anyone received anything from algeria......if another country how long did it take to have to final confirmation email to prepare one self for travelling?
thnx all

louloute
21st Dec 2011, 11:56
hello amine
i m also from algeria ,i was with u in the selection ;)

flyer22
21st Dec 2011, 16:41
Today is 3 months since my final interview, and during this period i havent received anything, not even that i am on hold or something like that.. Still keeping my fingers crossed..

amine441
21st Dec 2011, 17:55
come on msn to talk better
[email protected]

flyflytravel
21st Dec 2011, 18:36
I'm also still waiting for my medical clearance. I sent a couple of days ago, and I asked my recruiter to confirm that she received it, but she didn't replay. Is this normal?

louloute
21st Dec 2011, 19:25
i ve sent u an invitation on msn ,have you got it ??

amine441
22nd Dec 2011, 18:39
how's ur everything what's ur email write me a msg to know it's u ok
thnx

louloute
24th Dec 2011, 19:26
anyone there ??

meaz
25th Dec 2011, 13:26
Hello everyone, i am posting this for everyone to read and know more details about QR

i was one of you guys 2 years ago when i was waiting for my medical clearance and came to this website to find some others to talk to.

I going end of 2009 and i gladly left 2011. I have no intentions to freak you off or to scare anyone but i will be honest. for you who may wonder why i am writing this, i am doing that because i think it may help some people to think again about the decision to go as i would not have done it if i had the chance again.

I was flying for QR for 20 months before i submit my resignation letter with immediate effect as i couldn't wait to leave that place. I know you would say things could be different to everyone and i want to have my own experience " that what i said to myself 2 years ago" i was happy the first month flying because i ignored all the rubbish and just wanted to fly. but after i cooled down about it i realized how miserable this place is! i will tell you some facts with no manipulation or anything. only facts that i have experienced in QR

1- You will have no privacy in your life " camera in your building monitoring when you come in and out plus u have to swipe your id card"

2- you could be terminated for the silliest reason " out of my 19 batch mates, 11 was terminated for the silliest reason u would ever want to hear " you would not believe it unless u have seen it happening so i wouldn't bother to tell here unless u really wanna know u can ask and i will reply

3- you will have no rights as a crew. you can't tell your opinion you can't argue even if you are right. basically you are a paid slave that a customer can rune your life with some bull**** lies " it didn't happen to me but i saw it happening to many crew getting demoted from a Cabin Senior to F2 after 5 years flying because a customer complaint with lies.

4- delete your social life or leave it home before you come. " my closest friend and batch mate was terminated because he was in a party in Doha and he took a pic with 2 girl friends one of them was smoking " he was not smoking but he was just next to the girl who was smoking .. the office called him and put him on log for 2 weeks and finally terminated him because of that . i know it is difficult to believe but it is TRUE

5- be prepared to be locked at your accommodation all the time because you can't go out 15 hours before any flight . and your roster is always tight that you will usually have 20 hours between flights. so basically u can't go out or invite someone in. except in your days off ( 8 days a month ) and you will also have to come back home before 3:30 AM or u will be called to the office next morning. also you can't have visitors after 10PM

6- u are not allowed to use even iPod to listen to music when you are in the transportation to your accommodation after a flight. ( i got a warning letter because one crew reported me when i was going back home in the crew bus")

7- as you will meet very nice people you will meet a very low class people with no education and they found themselves in a uniform suit and they can give you orders!

for those who think i have been terminated or something and thats why i am angry .. it is not true.. I have resigned and i even did it with immediate effect because i decided that i am done taking it anymore. i have much better things to do with my life than letting those people rune it. i truly give you this advice from my heart .. try Emirates or Etihad. they are much better. i live now in dubai and i see the difference. you will even feel it in Emirates crew when they look at you in the airport or whatever.

after all its your call. and this is just my advice.

Good luck everyone.

NorDomz
27th Dec 2011, 04:05
Hello everyone, I'm NorDomz a new member of this forum website. ;)

I just would like to ask a question and hopefully I'll receive a reply.
Well currently I'm 18 years of age and still in college. I'm taking up BS-Tourism here in the Philippines and a sophomore student. I've been dreaming to be a FLIGHT ATTENDANT :)

So the question goes here, what are the qualifications in Qatar Airlines?
What are the things I need to accomplish? What are the backgrounds that I must have? Grades, physical appearance and everything. Please help me!

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

louloute
27th Dec 2011, 11:04
i know that QR is very strict but i still wanna work with them i m wainting for the final decison but still nothing ,it's almost 2 months now and i have received nothing !!! is it normal ??

Seja
27th Dec 2011, 11:23
Hey there, I am sure the careers page of their website will answer your questions! If you need to know more specific things I am sure people will answer!

louloute
27th Dec 2011, 16:44
hello my dear
how are u ?? hope you r doing great :)
first of all thanks for the answer , hope that the answer from QR will be positive i m fed up with waiting coz i m not working :ugh:
what about you have you recieved anything from them ??
here is my e mail "[email protected]" we can talk on msn
take care

louloute
27th Dec 2011, 16:48
are u in doha ??

louloute
27th Dec 2011, 20:04
@khadidja
are you there ??:sad:

Seja
28th Dec 2011, 11:40
Nope, I am in Dubai, My sister is in Doha

amine441
28th Dec 2011, 17:41
hope u're doin well by the way im getting sick of waiting coz i received an answer aking me to improve my eye vison when i did with a contat lens it reached 7/10 but they answered me saying we need 20/20
pfffff i feel so low and down dont know what to do
wish u all the best coz thinkin of giving it up

louloute
28th Dec 2011, 19:54
hey amine
Really i don't know what to say ,i m also fed up ,i ve been waiting for so long and i didn't receive anything since tha FI :ugh:
Don't give up dear !!

Chabon
29th Dec 2011, 00:54
They are telling youu that because you are supossed to have a 20/20 eyesight WITH GLASSES.
If you are not able to have a 20/20 vision even using glasses, I think you may be rejected. Sorry for telling you this. I think you should go back to your oftalmologist and redo the tests.

Macedon
29th Dec 2011, 14:53
@ louloute

I am in the same situation as you are, I am waiting for the final decision almost 2 months now. I'm trying to comfort myself thinking that they might be busy right now because of the holidays. Maybe we'll get their e-mails hopefully with congratulations as a present for the New Year. :)

Have you tried sending them an e-mail asking for a response?

Stay positive and it will happen :)

flyingdreams
30th Dec 2011, 13:07
Hi everyone.
I had my final interview this month in Rome. Now I'm waiting for the final decision from Qatar. I'm wondering if I get my congrats email, can I ask more time for my medical results? As I know they give us only 3 days for that. Thank you!

khadidja1988
30th Dec 2011, 13:13
Hello FLYINGDREAM !

Of course you can ask for more time this happened to me ! 3 days were verry short for me as the blood tests usually ready after 2 days ! so I called QR to ask for more time ! and they told me not more than 2 weeks ! So it's possible !

I wish you good luck and hope you will get the congrats email verry soon :)

@LOULOUTE sorry for delay ! I added you on msn dear :) we can talk any time and good luck don't worry you will receive it verry soon inchallah ;)

Good luck everyone ! :)

louloute
30th Dec 2011, 13:55
so you are in the same case :sad: yep i send them e mails they sais they will inform me as soon as they will have the answer :* so i have nothing to do exept waiting ...
Hope we ll get it soon
take care

flyingdreams
30th Dec 2011, 17:09
khadidja1988 (http://www.pprune.org/members/374552-khadidja1988) Thank you for your reply. 2 weeks would be perfect because I'm not from Italy and for me it would be better to go home for medical tests. What do you think should I call them or is it enough to write them a mail?
Fingers crossed for all of you who is waiting for final decision!

flyingdreams
30th Dec 2011, 17:11
Thank you for your reply. 2 weeks would be perfect because I'm not from Italy and for me it would be better to go home for medical tests. What do you think should I call them or is it enough to write them a mail?
Fingers crossed for all of you who is waiting for final decision!

khadidja1988
31st Dec 2011, 15:24
happy new year all of you , best wishes !

@flying dream !

I suggest you to call them it's better to have a quick response ! ;)

flyingdreams
1st Jan 2012, 22:32
Thank you!

Happy New Year! :)

louloute
2nd Jan 2012, 15:36
Hello macedon
Did you get you gift for NEW YEAR ;)

Macedon
2nd Jan 2012, 16:50
Not yet my friend, probably Santa Claus has some problems with the delivery :D
But I'm not loosing hope, I know I'll get it :D
How about you?

skyboy24
2nd Jan 2012, 16:50
Wishing you all a happy new year, and all the best in this 2012 :ok:

Chabon
2nd Jan 2012, 17:04
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Never give up your dream, you'll make it! I can bear witness that dreams come true so don't give up.
Wishing the best for you all guys, Merry twenty-twelve!!!
:ok::O

suigeneris79
2nd Jan 2012, 17:30
Hi Guys!

Does anyone know if QR (or others) accepts married people?
besides i'm turning 32 now..

Can somebody tell me please?

Good luck to all!!

sara85
2nd Jan 2012, 21:01
hy everybody Quataria Airways will cam in my country -Algeria- 7january
can you just give me advices to prepar my self to be accepted as a part of cabine crew in Quataria Airways
thank you very much

rfortupino
3rd Jan 2012, 21:51
Try to improve your English...

maverick 88
4th Jan 2012, 11:13
hey guys im new to this forum but been followin the updates for some time now.. anyway my final interview was over a month ago and everythin went fine except i didnt get any answer :s weird! i've sent 4 emails to kramos and she never replied! apparently im on hold but for how long?!
i saw few people with the same situation and others waited for 2 to 3 months.. damn thats alot! :p
im not losing hope but the waiting is killin me :p

blobbba
4th Jan 2012, 12:33
maverick 88 (http://www.pprune.org/members/351278-maverick-88) : hello i'm from tunisia too and i passed my FI 22-nov 2011 and it's been more than 6 weeks now and i haven't reveived any answer,bye the way i'm a male and you? can you give me your e-mail to stay in touch, if you don't mind of corse

blobbba
4th Jan 2012, 12:38
hello evrybody i'm new here, hello maverick 88 (http://www.pprune.org/members/351278-maverick-88) i'm from tunisia t, and i think we are in the same situation i passed my FI 22-nov-2011 and it's been more than 6 weeks now and i haven't received any answer i sent many mails but no reply,by the way i'm a male and you? can you give me your mail to stay in touch if you don't mind of corse

maverick 88
4th Jan 2012, 13:05
didnt i just add u on facebook or somethin? coz i thought i was the only one didnt get an answer from that interview until few days ago.. ur hatem right?

HawaiiOneN
4th Jan 2012, 13:59
Hello everyone!

I have one question, so please help me.

On my Medicals doctor said that I have a scoliosis (Cobbs angle 4*). Do you think that it will be a problem, a should I send to them and will that eliminate me from cabin crew job position for QA?

blobbba
4th Jan 2012, 16:21
yes i'm hatem and you?

louloute
4th Jan 2012, 20:48
still nothing dear ,i m wondering what they are doing :confused:

blobbba
5th Jan 2012, 09:57
Hello everyone i have a question please!!:ugh:
my eyes sight in each eye is weak L 7/10 , R 7/10:8,does this can eliminate me in the medical clearance?:suspect::rolleyes::rolleyes:

albacantik
5th Jan 2012, 11:11
Is there anyone starting the training batch 13th this month?
Please PM me!!

Sophie8807
8th Jan 2012, 16:40
Hi guys!
Its my first time to post!

Im from china and i appyed for qr a few montha back, i passed the final interview but i got rejected my medical reports.
The reason was (i guess) my cobbs angle was 12 degrees.
I resent them new reports but i got failed.

In this case, do u think i can re apply?

Two of my frends in the same situation, they got rejected for final interview;(
Does anyone have experience after rejection but still ge thr?

Happy new year everyone!

zahi87
8th Jan 2012, 18:32
hi u all pprunes,
i just came from an open day in the hilton hotel of algiers, yesterday we submitted our CVs and i got a call later in the day, they asked me to attend the next day, so i went and i was 15 minues late, the english test was simple i think i did pretty well and i reached the 213 cm but still got disqualified :sad: :sad:
i wonder how can they correct 40 papers in only 10 minutes, that's how long it took them to announce the 7 winners :suspect:
a lot of people arrived late after me was that why we were all disqualified
cud someone plizz offer a theory on why i was quickly disqualified, or is the hall thing just random :suspect:

givemewings
8th Jan 2012, 18:38
Err... you said it yourself- you were 15 minutes late! To be honest I'm surprised they let you continue in the process. Most companies wouldn't admit you that late.

skrupellos
9th Jan 2012, 11:03
Although I think QR are very professional and pay attention to detail I admit I do not understand this long delay.
I called the recruitment and they told me all the male applicants are put on hold and they don't know when this will be resolved.
And this is almost three months after I had my final interview. And now they are coming back to my country for recruitment, without having replied to the applicants from October first.
Being accepted to work for the best airline in the world would be a great honour for me, but this waiting is just too much.
I'm wondering, are there any male applicants who have actually HEARD from them within the last couple of months or is it just me? And wouldn't it be awful to wait all these months for my application to be examined and then receive a rejection?
I'm starting to get really stressed.
Good luck to all, let's hope this will end in a positive way and we meet in Doha.
:ok:

skrupellos
9th Jan 2012, 19:33
Hallo peeps
So I am another male applicant who has been waiting for them to reply for ages. Actually I had my FI in October.
And now they are coming back to my country for an assessment.
Anyhow I called them about a week ago and they told me that ''all men have been put on hold'', so this actually means they haven't even checked our files? They might still reject us?
I mean, I admire the airline and it would be a great honour and experience to work for them, and I understand their attention to detail, but having someone wait for a reply three-four months and then reject them sounds awful!
Has anyone experienced rejection after such a long waiting period? Are there any male applicants who have been contacted to start joining procedures in these last three months?
Thanks in advance all, and see you soon, hopefully!
:ok:

maverick 88
9th Jan 2012, 20:04
hey skrupellos im in the same situation as u r! my FI was over two months ago and still no answer :S apparently all men r on hold.. like u said! i've been askin the same questions and its drivin me nuts :p i too wanna work with qatar airways, but waitin all this time for ur hopes to be crushed is torture!! :p
anyway hope we get somethin positive soon! i saw a guy here who waited 3 months and got accepted so we just have to stay positive :)

skrupellos
9th Jan 2012, 20:13
Hallo
I was reading the stories of male candidates in the previous pages. Apparently the last male training batch was to begin on Jan. 7. Until they decide to hire more males we will have to wait.
All I'm saying is that they could at least send the rejection to those they don't consider hiring, and just leave the successful ones wait for reply.
So no males have received rejections since they slowed down the male hiring. The though of receiving a rejection 5 months after my FI is just sickening. And I am a bit worried because I never received any on-hold email, nothing. I had to call them to find out. And before that I had sent three emails but never got any answer. And other males were contacted per email.
Oh well, maybe I should just relax..this wondering is pointless. I can only hope it is for the best.
Let's keep us posted.

maverick 88
9th Jan 2012, 20:26
i've sent 6 emails and still nothing! well hypothetically speaking if we'r on hold and waitin from 2 to 3 months then we'r probably accepted and waitin for the next male batch to begin... but u never know!
all males from my interview date got rejected except 2 and im sure all males in ur interview got rejected too.. so our wait could be repaid! u never know ;)

skrupellos
9th Jan 2012, 20:44
oh I see your point. I don't know about males from my AD, I think there are a couple more who are waiting like us. But since there are males from your AD that have been already rejected, that's a good sign for us! Although I'm sorry for them..

Macedon
10th Jan 2012, 01:57
Hey Guys!

I'm a male and I'm in the same situation as you are, I'm waiting for two months now. At first I was thinking that they might be busy for the holidays or that they might be taking their time off and I was hoping that they will give me a response after the start of the next male batch which was on the 7th of January. Three days had passed since then and I still have no reply. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can but I'm really getting stressed.

I was thinking if you all agree to send them a protest note in the name of all of us who are waiting through an anonymous e-mail and of course not mentioning any names. One of us will create that e-mail with false information, then we will create the protest note and first we will post it here on this forum to see if everyone agrees. After everyone confirms we will send it to them.

This is just an idea to express our dissatisfaction of their treatment towards us and to remind them that they are the number one airline in the world, that they shouldn't behave this way and that this waiting game is shameful and discriminating.

Esprite
10th Jan 2012, 04:21
They are still hiring males.

Don't worry guys. You will get informed soon for those who are waiting, hopefully.

skrupellos
10th Jan 2012, 06:20
I don't think any anonymus protest will ''touch them''.They have more important things to take care of. Plus, when you are cabin crew you must be endlessly patient.
Good luck to you too. Hope to meet you there!

blobbba
10th Jan 2012, 11:43
Hello guys!!
me too i'm a male and i passed the FI 2 months ago and still no reply, i've sent 7 mails and nothing:rolleyes: , i think all the males who are accepted are on hold on,and i hope we get somthing positive very soon ,so we have to be patient ;);)

flyer22
10th Jan 2012, 15:25
Hello to all of you guys! I see you are also in the waiting period..
I am waiting 3 and a half month from my final.
Its weird that all other males from my final interview have been rejected, except maybe 1 or 2 more that didnt. I have to say patience is crucial here.. I also send them few e-mails but nothing so far.. Greets

skrupellos
10th Jan 2012, 18:50
flyer22
this comes to confirm our optimism that we might have a chance, but we just have to wait for them to begin male recruiting again. I hope this is the case.
What countries are you from guys, if you don't mind my asking?
Cheers

Macedon
10th Jan 2012, 18:55
Probably you are right!
Let's just wait then and hopefully will get our congrats email soon.
I hope I'll see you all in Doha ;)

silalis
12th Jan 2012, 16:05
Hi everybody!
I'm new here!...i would like to have your opinion! I got my congrats e mail yesterday and they gave me only 5 days to do my medicals. They didn't specify if we have to do them privately or publicly. Today I went to my doctor to order my tests and he asked me that, because regarding military selection,only tests performed in public hospitals are allowed.
Did you do yuor exams in public or private centers?

Thank you so much.

louloute
12th Jan 2012, 19:44
i have the same problem where to do the medical in private or public hospital :confused:

khadidja1988
12th Jan 2012, 20:33
I did all my medical examinations ! in a private hospital !

@Louloute : Priate clinic "LOTUS" ROUIBA ALGIERS "for the blood tests they can do it to you in English !
but the others just ask your doctor if not you have to go to a translator ;)

louloute
13th Jan 2012, 08:59
Hope you are doing great dear ,did you send your medical? are you still waiting for the answer from QR ...hope we ll go together :)

silalis
14th Jan 2012, 09:41
Hi!
I have a (stupid) question...maybe!...I mean,I (probably) have the answer but I want to be sure,about it!

Regarding medicals, I received FORM A.

when I read the required exams I was surprised about no hemoglobin one; instead, it was written on the information sheet that thay gave us before the FI. I also noticed that on the medical questionnaire there's no space where you can enter the result.

so...I have to do it or not?

...another question...
what tests are required in the FORM B?

would I have to perform them there,in Doha...if I passed my medicals?

Thank you.

Hirwen
18th Jan 2012, 17:30
Hey!

I have been reading this thread for quite some time, but i never posted .And now is definitely the time, since I passed my medicals and i'm leaving for Doha on the 11th of february, starting training on the 13th. Is there anyone else traveling on the same date? If yes, please contact me :).
I also want to thank everyone for they helpful posts and to say to those who are still waitng- be patient :). I know you heard it loads of times, but it is true.... I had my OD on 23rd ( i think) of September and i just now got my clearence and departure date...
So it took me around 4 months. But it pays off. So don't lose hope.
Hope to see you all in Doha:)

Lynxie
19th Jan 2012, 07:57
Dear Hirwen and all,

I have got the same date of joining, and I would be grateful to receive private messages from you who have got the same date in order to get to know each other.

Take care,
Lynxie

SilverBullet29
19th Jan 2012, 08:37
Hi everyone!

Last week Qatar advertised in the papers.:ok:

I've noticed though that the recruitment here in Kenya is different. We don't have Open Days,:*

instead they require us to post our CVs and photos to their local office and then wait to be invited for the interviews. Also they don't require online application. I'm not sure how this affects our chances but i sorta would prefer the Open Day, atleast then you have a better chance of selling yourself as compared to doing it on a piece of paper and photos. :rolleyes:

It is easy to be sidelined.:sad: How long does it take between application and invitation for interview?

All the best to those who have applied! Let us keep in touch here:)

khadidja1988
21st Jan 2012, 13:24
hey gys how are you ? ??

ya LOULOUTE going verry soon inchallah hope it for you too nchallah :)

BY THE WAY : is there any one here going Doha 4th february 2012 if yes just sent me a private message i ll be happy :)
good luck to all of you

fallen_angel
22nd Jan 2012, 13:44
Anyone, please help me.

I just had my fi 2 weeks ago and i was asked to redo my application photos, i actually did it 2 times. The thing is my other fi mates, I know 5 of them already received the golden email since a week back and they were not asked to redo their photos. I have one mate who is in the same shoes as me, she was also asked to redo her photos and still didnt receive the golden email. I'm really worried, do you think my pictures will affect my chance of getting the golden email?

Oh please enlighten me, I really want this job so bad.

All the best. Thanks!

Lynxie
23rd Jan 2012, 13:58
Dear fallen angel,

Be patient, it is good news that they need additional photos. Selection process can be slow. You have a great chance to get the golden email. :)

fallen_angel
23rd Jan 2012, 14:24
Hi!

Thank God! Just got my golden email today, im feeling overwhelmed.

Next step would be the medicals.. :)

All the best for me! Weeee :ok:

MoreThanYouImagined
24th Jan 2012, 08:28
Hi guys,

I'm new here but I can give some answers that my friends and relatives have faced in before.

About the spine, it is ok to have not more than 14 degree. I have friend who has 14 degree and she passed in and now flying :)

I got medical Form A too, and I just did whatever it requires on the form(not more than that). I did it a week later after receiving congrats email. I think you guys are confused, they said "3 days after confirmation of receiving the email", so it means if you reply them that you already got the email, you have to send the medical result within 3 days. So what I did is, I went to the hospital first and see if my result was ok, then I reply the email and send my result along.

I have no problem about spine or blood. However, I couldn't correct all of the numbers even in aided version(because the glasses I wore were a bit worn out, and my eyesight got worse during passed year). My doctor said it's ok, so I belived him and sent the result to QR

A week later, I got email asking me to improve corrected version(damn doctor! haha jk). I managed to wear lenses and I corrected all numbers. But still I'm now waiting for the clearance--it's been a month already :(((

Oh, about private and public hospital. Anything will do. I myself did it in private hospital but I know some girls who went to public ones and they still passed the clearance. Just if you have clear report and send what they required.

Hope my answer helps somehow. Good luck to everyone
I cannot say that I'm successful since I'm still waiting too. So, pray for me :D

hopefulke
25th Jan 2012, 07:57
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing great. I applied for the Qatar Assessment day in Entebbe, Uganda which i am hoping to be invited to...crossing my finger and being very optimistic. I have a question hoping that anyone will come to my aid...;
Does Qatar Airways (or any other airline for that matter) take cabin crew with dental bridges...I was in a car accident a few years back and lost some of my front teeth:O and i had to replace them with a Fixed Permanent Dental Bridges which look great (if i say so myself:D) and according to my Dentist they will last me aroung 20 years but I am very much aware that that might not cut it with Qatar..:{
Anyadvice will be highly appreciated. Thank you and good luck to anyone going for their AD's/OD's.:)

blobbba
26th Jan 2012, 18:19
Hey guys it's been now 9 weeks since i passed my final interview and i've sent many emails ( like they told us if you haven't receive anything in 3 weeks send an email) and still no reply :ugh: is it normal to wait 9 weeks? and is there any hope for me to be selected (i'm a male)

khadidja1988
26th Jan 2012, 20:45
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Is there anyone here going to Doha the 4 th february 2012 ( I'm a female)
If yes just write me here or send me a private message !

Good luck everybody :)

PS: @BLOBBA: I suggest you to call them you will have a quick response it's the better thing to do :) good luck :)

blobbba
26th Jan 2012, 21:46
hello guys like i said before it's been 9 weeks now that i'm waiting for the result and still nothing, do you think that i should call them or it's a bad idea, because you know the cabin crew have to be patient etc and i don't know what to do!! i'm confused, do i should call them or not?

maverick 88
26th Jan 2012, 21:53
@ khadidja: do u think its a good idea to call? coz i dont think their answer will be like "oh ya! u've been selected" :p and since im still waiting for two months now and havent got anythin from them.. doesnt this mean im on hold? anyway its just a bunch of questions ive been thinkin of hopin i could get some answers!
peace :))

skrupellos
27th Jan 2012, 08:53
Yes try to call them maverick, if you haven't so far
You have the right to know what's going on with your application
Most probably they will tell you all males are still on hold and that they don't know when they will have more news.
That's what they told me when I called about three weeks ago
But maybe something has changed since then
Keep us posted if you decide to call
Cheers

silalis
27th Jan 2012, 11:07
Hi!
I have a question about Medical Questionnaire-Form A!
How should I fill it regarding VDRL-HIV-HepA-HepB-HepC?...I mean... Should I write NEGATIVE there, or blood exam report is enough?
And what about CHEST X Ray, Thoracic Spine and Hearing?
Should I write "NORMAL" "OK" or anything?
What did you write?

Thank you so much!

skyboy24
27th Jan 2012, 11:26
Hi all.
hope you're doing fine.
regarding the medical form, just write negative in the space provided nearby.
hearing, spine, and xray should be Normal.

However, both you and the doctor will need to sign the medical form and endorsed.
you should bring along the original medical reports to Doha.

Best Regards.

flyer22
27th Jan 2012, 15:01
skyboy24, are you in doha already?? How its going? Do you know maybe when is the next male batch going to be? Greets

silalis
27th Jan 2012, 17:31
Thank you so much,Skyboy24!!!!

Regards

MoreThanYouImagined
28th Jan 2012, 09:48
silalis, shouldn't it be your doctor who has to fill that?
I don't know about others, but in my case the doctor filled the whole form referenced by those reports (and I have no trouble as I know so far)

The Blue
28th Jan 2012, 12:39
khadidja1988 - Please dont Spam the thread - this is NOT a Facebook page!

And for all the impatient folks posting here about the few weeks they've been waiting, my friend who got a mail 2 months after FI telling him he's 'On Hold' - another email 2 months later telling him he was Rejected!

Similarly I know others who have gotten an email 2.5 months After their FI about doing their Medicals & a similar delay post medicals for the Final Congratulatory Email with Visa & Tickets.

You are NOT the only one they're screening, QR runs recruitment drives almost Every Week, All Over the World!
Their HR Dept will be flooded with work - being Patient will be a handy trait while working as a Crew member too.

Please try to be patient & understand that here are Many people reading these threads.
Try to be Helpful to others IF you know the answer to a question.
At the same time dont be hesitant to ask a Valid question but dont litter the thread with:

"oh i still havent gotten a mail"
"did u get a mail?"
"when are you going? etc....."

^ Nobody cares! And please learn to use Private Messages.

groggle
28th Jan 2012, 19:11
Everyone's not the same and some do worry and its really a very long trying process.....if they come here to ask stuff which makes them feel better why should it bother you....if you don't like any post you can ignore it ...

Seja
29th Jan 2012, 03:23
Thanks blue, it was about time to say that again! Don't take it as an offense, but nobody else but the recruiters have an answer to your questions guys and girls! Posting stuff about the waiting doen't help, because we all don't know either!

flyflytravel
29th Jan 2012, 10:52
I want to know all the details on the medical tests which will be done in Doha. I need an answer from someone who already went through this step.
Will they undress me to scan for any scars or hidden tattoos?

fallen_angel
30th Jan 2012, 07:01
guys, if you have any idea please enlighten me.

well, both my first molars (lower) teeth were extracted when i was younger, but they are not noticeable when i smile, i mean you wont really know i have 2 missing teeth when i smile. do you think it would be an issue for qr? hope to hear from any of you. thanks in advance :)

silalis
30th Jan 2012, 13:23
Hi MoreThanYouImagined!
I really don't know about that,but sincerely I think it doesn't matter...I mean...the most important thing should be doctor's signature...and of course he checked all medical reports before signing (although the questionnaire was completed by me).
I hoping for the best...I will let you know!
Did you pass your medical?

silalis

MoreThanYouImagined
31st Jan 2012, 08:59
Hi, silalis. In your case I think it should be ok too,
good luck and hear from them soon :)

I'm still waiting for my clearance because I had to redo my vision test.
But other things, beside the eyes, are fine

flyingdreams
1st Feb 2012, 11:56
Silalis I wrote you a private message.
Don't worry with the questionnaire I did the same. The doctor checked the results and he just put the stamp and signature on it.

lilibue
1st Feb 2012, 13:13
Hi everyone,

for all those who made an application for the qatar AD in kenya,has anyone gotten a reply?this suspence is wearing me down :sad:

nish86
1st Feb 2012, 14:16
Hello,
normally hey send the congrats mails within 3 days, and rejected mails in 1-2weeks. give them a call. I would recommend Etihad or Emirates. Its better.
;)

nish86
1st Feb 2012, 14:27
hello,
Is fine you can send it. i had the same. 4degrees. everybody has a certain degree at the back bone.It can never be fully straight.
So don't worry u are fine.

Jhee J
3rd Feb 2012, 08:33
Is it true that QR has a bad management regarding its employees and seeing someone get fired or someone retiring early due to the harsh management, and the reason thats why they keep hiring is that because a lot of employees are retiring or being terminated for reasons like being caught sleeping while on duty, forgetting to give a passenger his/her request. Some other concerns are salaries not given fully or on hold and that there is a service bond of 1,980USD deduction from your salary for over 2 years and incase that you get fired you will still pay for it. I've read that post from a forum at cabincrew.com and here is the link qatar airways — CabinCrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/search/qatar%2bairways/1) the one posted by AlBaker and it was posted just yesterday. I'am really concerned because I will be trying to apply for QR this month. :confused:

Jhee J
3rd Feb 2012, 10:48
Hi, I've read a forum from some site stating management issues regarding QR CCs, he is claiming that he works there and a lot of QR CCs are always being terminated or resigning one of the reason thats why QR is always open for hiring, is it also true that you can be terminated for just being caught sleeping or forgetting a pax's request like a glass of water, and that your obliged to pay a service bond of 1000+ USD for over 2 years which is deducted from your salary and even if your terminated you should still pay for the remaining balance, I'am going to apply this Feb for QR but my morale dropped because of such bothering post, please answer QR CCs. :(

skrupellos
3rd Feb 2012, 19:09
You will hear so many opinions about anything before you go and see for yourself.
Every person is different and has their own standards of what is acceptable, unfair etc

If you are successful and decide to go, be open minded and expect anything to happen, and if you dislike it so much, the worst thing that can happen will be to pay 1000$ of your savings. And at least you will have tried!:)

PS: Seriously? Poor guys accidentally fell asleep on duty time and those cruel QR managers terminated them? :rolleyes:

Good luck with anything you decide
Cheers

tabbys
4th Feb 2012, 12:05
Liliblu
The interviews were done long time ago,after the first week of the advertisement they were already through with the recruitment.I know of a lady(a friends friend) who was processing her visa a week after her interview.I think it was simpler this time.The application deadline was crap,was just for formality. I didn't even bother applying this time round.

heavensent13
4th Feb 2012, 15:19
Hi everyone,

Im actually done with my medicals and just waiting for results.

During my medicals,the physician noted that I have small skin toned scars on my knee.Do you think that would affect my application or the physician from Qatar would make it as a big deal?

For me,its actually unnoticeable but the clinic where I had undergone my medicals is very strict that they would really look at ur skin and would take note everything..

I hope someone wuld answer my query please. I really want to make it to Qatar:confused:

Hirwen
5th Feb 2012, 15:00
Hi heavensent13,

i actually have a small scar on my knee and I got my medicals cleared. I did tell them about it as well as about my tattoo on the OD and in my medical report and they didn't ask about it again. I didn't need to send them any photoraphs or anything ( I had to for the tattoo( it's not visible)) so I don't think it is a big deal since the knees are covered all the times ( the skirts are below the knee).Hope I could help you :)
Hope to see you in Doha. Good luck for your medicals :)

heavensent13
6th Feb 2012, 13:54
Thanks hirwen. IM done with my medicals and I am waiting for the results :)

Can you share you experience living and working as a Cabin crew for Qatar Airways.

Ive heard some good and bad experience of some crew.

I hope you dont mind.Thanks:)