PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

yam55
4th Sep 2010, 12:08
Thanks for sharing Emma Gemma...well, a lot has probably change since you left QR. As explained during the orientation, you can have a boyfriend but you shouldn't show any public display of affection (holding hands etc.) and the best part is....(drum roll) you should remain single for 3 years!! :D brava!!! I'm done with my medicals now, just waiting for the result and clearance..hope everything's running smoothly :E as expected to be, and clearance should be a breeze.

@Agneese: Hey there, may I ask when was you final interview? more power to you! keep your hopes up!

yam55
5th Sep 2010, 03:54
Thank you very much dear! Here I am, done with the medical exams/tests, I'm praying hard that everything is ok! Results will be forwarded to Doha tomorrow...another waiting game I guess...:oh::sad: I hope I would receive the clearance in a jiffy!:ok: Anyhows, don't you worry, you're not alone in the waiting game for the congrats email! Another guy I know, is in the same boat as you..that means, it'snot yet over!! so just sit back, relax..breathe in, breathe out...you will be alright!! I know you can make it!! We'll be seeing each other in Doha, perhaps we could be batchmates, who knows....:p Keep the positive vibes...it won't kill you:E

Agneese
5th Sep 2010, 06:50
yam55: Yeah,i had my FI on 15th of August so today is officially 3 weeks from it...
I don,t know what to think anymore...

Oh well nothing do to about it,if i will not have response today then i guess i will send them an e-mail asking about it tomorrow.(i have already sent 1 e-mail last week cause my friends got their mails 2 weeks ago and i had my computer-problems so i wanted to be sure i had,nt missed their mail)...But maybe it is,nt so good to send them an e-mail again,though it was said to contact them if we have not had our response after 3 weeks...
So tired of waiting,but yeah as it was said i am not the only one and I really hope we will all soon get our positive news:p

!!! The ones waiting their congrats mail,how long has it been from your FI?

All the best!

skyhigh12
5th Sep 2010, 07:08
@yam55- I know this is off topic but i herd that there was a massive earthquake in NZ. Hope everything is ok!!

@ Agneese- This week will be my 2nd week after my interview :)

yam55
5th Sep 2010, 08:49
@Agneese: Alright, good to know..don't you worry, you'll have your congrats email in no time, just be a wee bit more patient..:ok: Phaquer received his congrats email after 5 weeks! though he's a guy, that's the longest I've heard so far waiting..as for me, it was fast, I waited for a week, fagirl and skyhigh, they are also waiting for their congrats email (right ladies?? say amen!):D

@skyhigh: Yeah, I heard it also, twas a 7.2 magnitude!! crazy, twas in Christchurch...no casualties reported (thank God the cows are safe), though there have been many reports of damage to buildings and property, including power lines down and some buildings have been compromised, but we'll just pray for the town's fast recovery...It's been 2 weeks of waiting, just hold on...:ok:

chiu1409
5th Sep 2010, 15:14
Hey..
I had my FI on da 26th of July, n after three weeks when I did not get a mail back,I wrote to them.. They said I had been confirmed :D and asked me to proceed with my medicals and get back to them in 3 days.. :ooh:
I had sent my medicals to them on the 20th of August and still have not got any mail back. I mailed them today confirming if they have received my mail and medicals, for which I got a reply which said I should comple my ECNR/ECR requirements.. I am really confused.. :uhoh:

Somebody Help.. :{

nikond60
5th Sep 2010, 15:46
As per the Emigration Act, 1983, certain categories of Indian passport holders require to obtain "Emigration Clearance" from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE) for going to certain countries.

As per Emigration Act, "emigration" means going out of India of any Indian citizen with a view to taking up employment in a foreign country.

All Indian passports are divided into two categories as follows :

Passports with endorsement : "Emigration Check Required" (ECR)

Passports with endorsement : "Emigration Check Not Required" (ECNR)

The Indian passport holders who have the stamp of ECR, are required to get emigration clearance from Protector of Emigrants if going out to any country except Pakistan, Bangladesh, European countries (excluding CIS countries), all countries of North America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and South Africa.

Indian passport holders who have the stamp of ECNR, do not require to take any emigration clearance from POE for going to any country.

Categories Of Indians Entitled For ECNR Category :

Indians applying for passport are required to specify the desired category i.e. ECR or ECNR in the application form itself. The following Indians are entitled for ECNR stamp :

(a) Persons going abroad in managerial capacity in Hotel/Restaurants, Tea-Houses or other places of Public resort etc. possessing specialized Degrees in these fields.

(b) All Gazetted Government servants.

(c) All Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax Payers) in their individual capacity. Proof of assessment to Income-Tax and actual payment of Income-Tax for last three years is required and not merely payment of advance tax. However in most cases as an assessment order is not issued separately by the Income Tax Deptt., Income Tax Return which are stamped by Income Tax authority are accepted.

(d) All professional Degree holders, such as Doctors holding M.B.B.S. Degree in Ayurved or Homoeopathy, accredited Journalists, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates, etc.

(e) Spouses and dependent children up to the age of 24 years of category of persons listed from (b) to (d).

(f) All persons who have been staying abroad for more than three years (the period of the three years could be either at a stretch or broken), and spouses and children upto the age of 24 years of such persons.

(g) Seamen who are in possession of CDC or Sea Cadets.

Deck Cadets:

(1) who have passed final examination of three years B.Sc. Nautical Sciences courses at T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai and

(2) who have undergone three months Pre-Sea training at any of the Government approved Training Institues such as T.S. Chanakya, T.S. Rehman, T.S. Jawahar, MTI (SCI) and NIPM, Chennai, after production of identity cards issued by the Shipping Master, Mumbai / Calcutta / Chennai.

(h) All holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports.

(i) Dependent children of parents whose passports are classified as ECNR in the case of such children ECNR classification to be restricted until they attain 24 years of age.

(j) Persons holding Permanent Immigration Visa, such as the Visas of UK, USA and Australia.

(k) Persons holding Graduate or higher Degrees. (If final certificate not available, provisional certificate plus mark sheet to be attached).

(l) Persons holding 3 years Diploma equivalent to degree from recognized Institution like polytechnics.

(m) Nurses possessing qualifications recognized under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.

(n) All persons above the age of 60 years.

(o) No emigration clearance is required for persons possessing certificates of vocational training from Government/Government recognized institutions.

If the passport of a person has been wrongly categorized as ECR, while he was entitled for ECNR category, he will have to get it rectified from the issuing Regional Passport Office (RPO) only before he undertakes a journey to the countries for which emigration clearance is required. The immigration officers at Airports are empowered to grant exemption only in emergency cases.

The POE offices in India are situated at the following places:

1 Jaisalmar House,
Canteen Block, Man Singh Road,
New Delhi.
Tel No. 011-2338 2472 5 8th Floor, Chandra Vihar Complex,
Opp. Exhibition Ground, M.J. Road,
Hyderabad.
2 Building "E" Khira Nagar,
S.V. Road, Santacruz (West)
Mumbai-400 054
Tel No. 022-2614 7393 6 Suganth, 24/846 (I),
Thycaud,
Trivandrum-695 014
Tel No. 0471-2324835

3 Room No. 116 A Wing,
3rd MSO Building, DF Block,
Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 064
Tel No. 033-2334 3407 7 Kendriya Sadan,
5th Block, Ground Floor,
Sector-9-A,
Chandigarh
Tel No. 0172-2741790
4 Tamil Nadu Housing Board Complex,
Ashok Nagar,
Chennai-600 083
Tel No. 044-2489 1337
Source(s):

http://immigrationindia.nic.in/ECNR_ECR_… (http://immigrationindia.nic.in/ECNR_ECR_POE.htm)

phaquer
5th Sep 2010, 18:00
i failed my medicals.

apparently, my condition didn't qualify me to continue on with the process. i'm so sad. :(

Agneese
6th Sep 2010, 06:39
I,m sorry,but what was the reason for you to failing your medicals? Sorry to hear that though,you made it so far...:confused:

I am thinking about sending them a mail today(3 weeks yesterday)...

It is morning here in Estonia,so have a nice day everyone:)

RavenLulu
6th Sep 2010, 09:57
Hi Phaquer, I'm really sorry to hear such. Looks like their medical check is really strict =(

Agneese
6th Sep 2010, 11:27
So I sent them an e-mail today,letting them know that it has been more than 3 weeks since my FI, and i got back a mail saying that my aplication is still on-hold and they will let me know as soon as they got the results weather positive or negative....
I am confused,on-hold? still? why? And do i have to wait more 3 weeks...:(

Stressful

misssmithh
6th Sep 2010, 12:08
Hi LadyJ,

Im also from melbourne and saw the recruitment event, do have to apply first and wait to hear back from qatar or can you turn up to the event? im just curious

thanks!!

Hey Door Armed,

do you have to apply online first before going to the open day or can you just attend with your resume/photos etc? just curious because i want to go to the Melbourne open day!

thanks!! :)

phaquer
6th Sep 2010, 13:14
i am actually devastated by this development. when i read the email that i failed to obtain medical clearance, i refreshed it so many times to be sure. i guess i was in denial then.

apparently, they were not too keen on hiring me because of my asymptomatic congenital heart condition. even when ultrasound exams and stress tests revealed that my heart functions like any normal heart out there, this was still not enough for them.

but anyway, i still like to believe and find wisdom in these words from Desiderata: "whether it is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should."

yes, it's painful and hard -- but i guess this is God's way of sending me a message that this job is really not for me. although it will be hard to put a closure to my FA journey, i think i have to because my health prevents me from having my wings. i just have to be consoled by the fact that in my only two attempts to realize this childhood dream, i was the only guy who advanced to the FI for EK and i reached the medicals for QR.

i have learned so many things from applying, one of them is humility and patience.

i still wish you luck guys, and even when things turned out differently for me, i'm sure God has great plans for all of you. :)

RiverPlate
6th Sep 2010, 16:23
I still remember how anxious crew were when landing into Doha on a Friday, that would mean that Akbar would be roaming around the planes asking random questions to the crew onboard and checking for grooming.

So instead of doing your silent review while landing, you would actually be memorizing the Captains and FO's full name and some other non-sense.

QR is extremely challenging, most of my batchmates have already been sacked or left the company and the ones who are still there are with a very low moral (I can see that everytime they post a new Face book status about going back to DOH after their leaves) ...

Again like someone said, keeping a low profile, thinking about money and creating a good and solid group of REAL friends will save you from getting mad, just prepare your mind to think that you could get sacked at ANY TIME , no matter how clean your record is or how many good 'Tell us' forms you could have on your file.

BTW... IT IS A PROVED FACT that there are lots of spies onboard the aircraft as well, so while on the plane, BE PERFECT.
They are short of crew at the moment (as always) so promotion to J Class is extremely fast and the requirement for crew visa to the US went down from 2 to 1 year, so people are flying like crazy!

Dont be surprised if you see a DOH-TRV-DOH layover and you cant get off the plane on arrival as you will have to operate a DOH-MCT-DOH turnaround after your 5-hour flight or the new double sector DOH-BAH-DOH-JED-DOH, making an average of 145 block hours per crew ( based on crew trained for the whole fleet).

Even some layovers like MEL are a nightmare as the flight is around 14 hours each way and you only get 22 hours there, so all the Aussies are not happy with it as well.

DOH-GRU-EZE which was supposed to be great for most of latin american crew is also a nightmare as the layovers in GRU are too short and time onground in EZE is around 5 hours (GRU-EZE-GRU is a turnaround in the middle of the night).

Just trying to be real in here, I joined QR, I enjoyed and i left, Im not mad or anything as better opportunities opened for me after it, but I also know how handy REAL information can be before making a decision, again, its up to you to take it (I did and dont regret it at all).

Cheers!

LadyJ1
6th Sep 2010, 17:41
Hey guys..

I dont think you can just rock up on the day.. but dont take my word for it. I always thought that they selected you if they liked your resume etc. You do have to apply to get an invite.. but again I am not 100% sure.. Sorry:bored:

missB
7th Sep 2010, 01:54
misssmithh - You are most welcome to attend our Open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations without any invitation letter (taken from the website) just make sure you turn up a bit early, showing up late is not a good look!

phaquer - I am so sorry to hear your news. It is good that you are trying to keep positive - remember that you got so much further than most people do, that is an achievement in itself. Everything happens for a reason, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours...remember that good things come to those who deserve them the most :)

Jason-L
7th Sep 2010, 08:04
Did anyone attended the Cv submission day in Kuala Lumpur on 4 of September?

I am really curious what kind of people they were taking for this recruitment as I have ex-cabin crew friend who has 5 years working experience failed twice in QR recruitment and non of us made it through the first interview.

erpacio
8th Sep 2010, 16:02
im going as well but not in Melbourne...

in Rome:ok::ok::ok:

Agneese
8th Sep 2010, 18:09
I still have not got any mail from them:( 3 weeks and 3 days now...

missubemilkshake
8th Sep 2010, 23:38
hi there! im going to the OD too! i hope i'll see you there! best of luck ; )

Boludo
9th Sep 2010, 16:53
i do not understand the process at all, so i'm just mildly venting! i have already received clearance and a fly out date, but today out the blue they asked me, to possibly have my doctor send a clarification report.

but they said if needed and possibly. anyway went to the doctor for 10th time (i don't know why they can't put all their points in one email, as I sent everything at one time- but that's another issue), and didn't mention a delay in departure even though I'm still waiting for the eticket. So that left me scratching my head.

Then later in the day I received an revised rules of cabin crew, and needed to confirm if I agree to ahere by the rules of the company and country.

Why couldn't they tell me this yesterday as their weekend is tomorrow??! it's seems to be a little disorganized on their end, even though I will point out my contact there as been quick with replies and follow ups.

anyway, I guess I have to wait til sunday to find out the news from their end with confirmation AGAIN!...GRRR

I'm not worried about not going, but i'm just a little put off as to why this email so late in the game and so close to fly out!

The_U.D.
9th Sep 2010, 17:28
Hey!

Mari, Boludo...maybe one of you could please advise me?!

Today I received by DOJ- which is in 2weeks time! However, I still have some academic obligations.

Does Qatar mind moving your DOJ?? And how often do they take in training batches?

Boludo
9th Sep 2010, 17:34
if you are a female there are more batches, i believe 10 to the 1 male batch. You will need to ask your co-ordinator about this as I'm not sure what their policy is about changing your DOJ.

Best of luck to you!

angel14
11th Sep 2010, 11:55
Hey did anyone get a call back from today?

BlueSkySid
13th Sep 2010, 09:10
So how did you go on Saturday? I hope you're delay in relying means you have made it all the way through? I decicded not to attend but instead wait until the next recruitment drive.

Good luck to those who attended the Melbourne OD :ok:

Mari
13th Sep 2010, 20:44
You didn't attend the OD in March.
You didn't attend the OD in September.
You are reaching (reached?) the upper age limit at Middle-Eastern airlines but you are waiting for the next open day.

Is really Qatar Airways what you want???

main15
13th Sep 2010, 22:07
Mari

How rude! people can do what they want. You need to get your info correct as I've looked at some of your posts and the information you are giving people is not accurate.

You sound very patronising! For your information, when I worked at Etihad they recruited a lady from France who was in her mid- forties. I know of many people who were recently recruited and they are in their late thirties! Qatar used to state on their website an upper-age limit, however, if you look now they don't.

You need to stop telling people what to do!

jerbehr87
13th Sep 2010, 22:51
I must agree with you Main15.
That was totally rude for you Mari to post such garbage,
And to Blueskysid, good luck for when you do decide to attend the next recruitment date ☺

irishmanc
14th Sep 2010, 00:37
I agree - working in retail for over 20+ years I have had my fair share of abusive and rude customers and managers, both in my native Ireland and including in my current retail job here in Manchester UK - it does not deter me from becoming cabin crew as at age 39 as an out Irish gay male I am well used to it

lucasguimaraes
14th Sep 2010, 01:00
Hello there!
I'd like someone to advise me about how is it to participate in the Open Day. We'll have one next Saturday and I'm not sure if I should participate. I'll turn 20 yo in 3 months, so what do you think? At this age I could have any chances?

What about being hired? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance! ;)

missB
14th Sep 2010, 05:37
Lucas, I'm not too sure if it works the same with Qatar but at the Emirates open days they say if you're a few months off the minimum age to still apply, because if you get through it will take a few months until you actually start flying. I say go for the OD, you have nothing to lose and if they say no you can always attend the next OD! Good luck :)

Agneese
14th Sep 2010, 15:33
well,now it has been over 4 weeks since my FI,still no e-mail...:rolleyes:

Boludo
14th Sep 2010, 15:43
Have you tried to call them? I am having difficulties myself calling Qatar. I have been told my scheduled DOJ, but as of yet I haven't received anything to confirm this (eticket); which is not making very uneasy as the date is approaching.

I am not sure if things are always chaotic or disorganized there, but as long as it finally comes through in the next few days I'm ready to go.

Edit: As I reading some older post it could be slower and some delays due to the end of Ramadan holidays, Eid al-Fitr; which according to Word Travel can last 2-10 days :((((((((( (so in Qatar they are on Holiday until tomorrow :(. However, now that I know this I can stop frantically checking my mail :) haha

@lucas - you should be fine. As you will be 20 soon it shouldn't be a problem! Best of luck to you!

Agneese
14th Sep 2010, 17:22
I have not tried to call them...I sent an e-mail though last week, asking about my response...they said my application is still on hold and they will let me know accordingly weather the results are pos or neg...:rolleyes:...but really it is 4,5 weeks since my FI now:ugh:
Are they working tomorrow? I mean is it the last day of vacation for them today?

Best of luck to everyone:ok:

The_U.D.
14th Sep 2010, 18:28
Hiii!

I am so glad you mentioned that they are on holiday until tomorrow! =) I emailed regarding my travel date, and have not received anything. And.....now I know why! =) Good to know!

Hope your admin gets sorted soon! :ok:

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 13:44
Well The UD seems we are in a similar position. I was told what day I am leaving, and start of training BUT need the e-info from their side.

anyway, they should have least mentioned that would be on holidays from X date to X date, in regards to them asking people for further information and the potential cabin crew, getting anxious for a response when there is no one at the office.

If you check out Bank-Holidays dot com for Qatar, sadly they could be taking the full 10 days; which means they won't get back to us until next week- if Qatar Airways is following the holiday calendar.

The_U.D.
15th Sep 2010, 14:01
Wow, thats hectic! 10 days...the post-F.I. waiting game all over again! haha! =)

Maybe I should try get hold of someone working as cabin crew for them, and try find out when the offices will be open again...

I'll keep you posted on my investigation! =)

yam55
15th Sep 2010, 14:40
Hey, how have you been? Any news from QR yet? As for me, after 2 weeks of completing my medicals, finally I'm done...I think the project manager has my medical reports, I will have to phone and ask her if she has already relayed the results to QR. So that means another waiting game, I hope and pray that everything will run smoothly...don't you give up dear, soon, you'll have your congrats email in no time!

@Agnese: Patience is a virtue...I hope you'll receive your congrats email too, the soonest! Afterall, good things comes to those who wait..

TO: THE UD and Boludo: congrats guys!...

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 14:46
I have a friend there actually, and I have sent her a request about when the offices will be open again.

Once she responds I will forward to you this information, or vice versa if you hear back first! :)

Thanks Yam! ....The waiting game isn't a fun one! Buu haha

yam55
15th Sep 2010, 15:35
You do that, I hope the answers are all positive...hmmm, I think they're kinda busy with the post Ramadan thingy, not sure...but hey, heads up, you'll have your congrats email soon....patience, patience....it's all in God's hands now...we'll have to put our full confidence in Him...trust me, I've been thru the worst concerning the whole application and joining process thing...you'll have your time!! pray pray pray....:ok: trust and have faith!

@Boludo...yikes! you bet..waiting is no joke...I did a little back reading, and you waited like 3months from your F.I/medicals? to receiving your doj...wow, that was really a long wait...good job dude!

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 15:41
Haha, something like that.

I had the interview the end of June, it took them exactly 3 weeks to get back. Then the medicals took time (done at different times and some were weeks apart), then I had to get them translated, redo some test, retranslate. They still requested more info, then all seemed fine.

yes, it's a process...

yam55
15th Sep 2010, 16:01
wow...that's one long process..but I commend you for a job well done!...as for me, I had my FI on the 24th of August....received the congrats email 7 days later, August 31st....started doing my medicals the next day...I should have completed my medicals earlier, got stuck on one test, I had to repeat it, and thank God, the end result was normal!..and after two weeks of medical tests...I'm done, so that's exactly a week after F.I..and 2 weeks after the congrats email..and now, how many days or weeks should i wait for the clearance? lol...say another month...yikes! hope not!...:uhoh: I'm itching to start training and fly with QR! well, hope you'll fly to Doha soon!...

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 16:11
Yea, but I'm not sure I can wait another month. To be honest I feel my life is on hold on the moment waiting for Qatar's response.

I am honestly frustrated that they didn't mention there would be a holiday especially when my coordinator emailed me the day before the holiday started to say everything is set. So I have been emailing to follow up about the eticket I need from their side, as the DOJ she confirmed to me is approaching very soon. And with some research there appears to be holidays in Qatar.

I do have one question does the Qatar Airlines Ground staff and office get these holidays off? (Obviously I know the holidays don't matter to the Cabin Crew :P )

yam55
15th Sep 2010, 16:18
Well, I get you...I know exactly how you feel...but hey, you'll fly soon before you know it..hmmm, not really sure about the ground staff like the crew contol etc. as they should be present for the flight operations, but the office personnels will definitely have days off during and post Ramadan...not really sure..but let's just hope for the best, you already have your doj, the eticket will be on it's way to you now..:ok: so be ready with your things and all!..

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 16:23
Sorry, yes I meant the office staff like such as the Cabin Crew coordinators. I assumed they would, which is why I will wait for them to email me back everything instead of bothering them with follow ups! :))

Yam my friend....I AM READY!!! I have already packed since I was given a fly out and start of training date.

even if it's slightly delayed I hope not by much! :))

See you in Doha!

kovati
15th Sep 2010, 16:52
Hello Boludo,

I'm sorry to read that you haven't got any response yet.

I hope you will get your e-ticket and visa tomorrow or next week and you will be able to join to our batch during the next week. I think it isn't impossible.

Yam,Agneese, Fagirl and anybody who is still waiting for congrat. e-mail or clearance, you should be patient. I had to wait 4 months. The OD was in May and I'm going to travel to Doha on 18th Sept.

Boludo
15th Sep 2010, 17:03
I haven't lost hope! :)

Can't wait to get there, but I guess my frustration comes from them giving me the DOJ and start of my training, but not the needed Eticket!

If they just gave me the clearance and no date, my little heart would be less anxious! :P haha

See you soon my friend, I'll send you a mail once I get the required stuff from them!

enriQ
15th Sep 2010, 23:12
Hi everyone

I'm a Filipino working here UAE and want to attend the coming OD in AUH.
Just a question...
At the screening on QA's OD, are 'married' men most likely to be stricken out of the process?

emmy123
16th Sep 2010, 09:45
good morning everyone
i have been emailed from Qatarairways and i got selected for cc position, i worked long time to get all the medical reports, they are all normal and i emailed the company by them.
:* now it been more than one week that i m waiting for their reply, but in vain,, do they normaly take loong time to do their mediacal chek up!!!
i am really stressed because of that
pleeeeeeeeeease give me an answer

Agneese
16th Sep 2010, 14:16
As i have understood- getting the medical clerence is pretty various.Some people have had theirs with in a week and the others have waited for months...But i guess it will take couple of weeks to hear back from them after sending your medicals.

Hope you will have your clerence very soon!:)

I am still waiting for my response.(getting 5 weeks since my FI on Sunday):ugh:

Good luck!

diana_bvro
16th Sep 2010, 19:43
Hey, there, guys! I am from Romania and I went to the Qatar Airways OD in 24th of july and still waitting for the final answer :(. I don't understand what take them so long. I was keep sending them emails every week but they tell me that they don;t have any result of the interview.
Is anybody here in a similar situation? Or could someone tell me what should I do, or belive? :( I could really use any advise right now.

Thank you!
Hugs and kisses to everyone

laxmax
16th Sep 2010, 21:26
hello everyone,
im attending open day in oporto portugal on 18th september
if anyone going please message me +34649711841 im flying out from spain
anyways
i hope everything goes well and im very confident that i will make it through

chaooo chaoooo

nikond60
17th Sep 2010, 05:38
when they will return to work in qatar? hmmm still holiday? anyone knows?

BlueSkySid
17th Sep 2010, 08:25
Firstly I'd like to say 'Thank You' to main15, jerbehr87 and irishmanc for your moral support. The comment made has and will not deter me from achieving my dream goal!

Mari: This would be a question typically asked by a recruitment officer whilst being interviewed, except you're questioning my plan with pursuing a career as a flight attendant? I understand you are a cabin crew member yourself, am I correct?
Sometimes in life, the events that occur either go according to plan or they take you in another direction in which you did not have in mind to begin with.

Boludo
17th Sep 2010, 17:31
I am going to assume due to the end of Ramadan holidays there. Which, could have ended yesterday or extended til Sunday. As with me my coordinator was really fast and efficient with the process, always confirmed recieving the files or what was missing.

I hope to get the eticket soon and hope it's still possible to join the batch I'm scheduled for in the upcoming week! All packed and ready to goooo! :P

Good luck!

Boludo
18th Sep 2010, 12:39
They are back at work everyone!

I got mixed news today! I received a new DOJ as I won't be getting the visa til the end of nextweek due to a delay with my visa itself.

Fingers crossed now more delays! :)

Agneese
18th Sep 2010, 12:42
Hey! Well my FI was on 15th of August,but i have not got the result either.It has been almost 5weeks now.I also don,t understand what is the reason of such a delay.Your FI was in July,it is trully making no sense why they do not give as the result:ugh:
It is making me so angry already

Best to everyone!:ok:

Mari
18th Sep 2010, 15:00
Ramadan just ended a couple days ago. They must have fallen behind with work during this period.

laxmax
18th Sep 2010, 15:59
hello to all
went to oporto open day today
and didnt get the phone call for tomorrow
im very dissapointed and sad cause is my dream
i feel like is the end of the world
i dont know why they didnt call me, is jut not understandable
because the interviewer asked me for my telephone number and she higlighted it
anyways i will keep on trying
bubyee

Ella2000
18th Sep 2010, 20:26
Hi Laxmax,

don't be sad. You will make it next time. You still have many years to try. Don't worry. Keep trying and your dream will come true for sure.

Ella

Mari
18th Sep 2010, 21:18
Laxmax,

your profile says that you are 19 years old.

Is it true?

The minimum age limit is 20.

You need to meet the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS at least to get a phone call.

One or two years of customer service experience would also help...

diana_bvro
19th Sep 2010, 10:32
With a little luck we could get the answer in notime if ramadam it's over now:ok: I am still patient....

Boludo
19th Sep 2010, 20:06
i think it depends on how soon you will be turning 20, as a kid in my OD made it up to the FI (in June) as he would be turning 20 in September.

Mari
19th Sep 2010, 21:37
So you think the reason for not making the first cut wasn't his/her age?!

I would have been more than satisfied with an answer like that... So, maybe he/she's ugly, too short, too fat, has terrible teeth, not educated enough, not wearing the right clothing, doesn't have enough working experience etc. There could be many many reasons!

Well, I would be happy to think: Oh, is that all?! Am I a bit young? So, next time I will make it for sure!

I doubt that there was anything bitter about my post. On the other hand: it was encouraging. By the way: it was not an advice, just an idea. There is no correct or incorrect advice, someone's opinion is always subjective.

What is the first cut about?
1. First impression
2. CV

If I were the candidate, I would surely look at those areas to imporve for the next time to make it to the group discussions!

skyhigh12
20th Sep 2010, 00:32
It's been 3 weeks and ive received the successful email! Yes im happy they want me but i will be declining the offer and ive thought about this very carefully and its not the airline i want to work for. I did post previously why i wasnt sure if i wanted to work for Qatar.

@Agnese- Hope you hear from them soon

@Yam55- Goodluck with your training and keep us posted :)

I will be applying for Emirates and hopefully i will have the same outcome as Qatar.

Boludo
20th Sep 2010, 02:53
Congrats: skyhigh, but I hope you don't have to wait in limbo forever.

Mari- yes, I don't think it was necessarily his age (as people progressed in my OD for being 19). It could have been other factors like acne, teeth, and facts are facts- to be honest.

hbkz
20th Sep 2010, 08:07
Nearly one year later and this is the only post on here relating to Qatar...

I have heard so many negative things about the Cabin Crew role for Qatar and by people who have actually worked there...

I was a Cabin Supervisor for 6 years based in Australia and am now waiting to hear from Qatar re:Cabin Crew role. Hopefully by next week. People have been so negative about the living conditions and how restrictive they are on your lifestyle when you are in Doha. BUT you all knew this before you applied for the job right? So why are you complaining?

I was told the following.... During training 2 months of it and you have to be home by 10pm. Other than that then its 330am. Visitors between 7am to 10pm, male or female. No family member who is not the same sex can stay with you and yes there are cameras at the entrance of your apartment (not your rooms)... I get this and it doesn't bother me at all. You can do what you like on your overnights.

Its not that difficult to follow rules and regulations. Majority of the time your not even home... Anyway I just wanted to voice my opinion on other peoples complaints of the airline.

Ella2000
20th Sep 2010, 21:10
Hi,

I fully understand your decision and can imagine how QR are strict (anyway my batchmate from my former airline currently work for them) but reconsider again what would it mean to you if you were not able to get the job with other airline (preferably EK)? I mean you are still young and you have a lot of time for trying but are you sure that you will make it again and are you prepared for rejection. No offense. I just think you are losing you chance here.
Take care.

skyhigh12
21st Sep 2010, 01:48
I know what you mean, even my family think im abit crazy for not taking the opportunity. But i do not think im losing my chance, ive already been to the final interview stage with emirates and that has to count for something and now that ive made it for Qatar, my chances are most likely higher then others. Not saying im perfect or anything but if i can make it with qatar im sure i will eventualy get my chance with Emirates. I feel the experience with both airlines has been beneficial in many ways.

If i dont make it with Emirates after trying several times then i will go for Australian airlines like Qantas.

:)

LadyJ1
21st Sep 2010, 01:58
I understand how you feel. I also believe once you have your foot in the door, it easier from then on in. I had started with Tiger last year and failed an exam but I got my job back instantly without even having an interview (this year). I am one of those that is lucky and now I believe I can do anything. I will be re-applying for Qatar in a year or so but Id prefer to have a little experience in my belt before going for them again. I also feel confident enough to finally apply for Emirates but I want to be 'perfect for them. :ok:

Goodluck with everything you do.

chiu1409
21st Sep 2010, 08:24
:{...
I had posted my meds on the 20th of August.. I waited for 2 weeks them to get back to me, then mailed her back regarding the same..
Apart from information about the receival of my medicals, I got all sorts of responses from them regarding the ECNR stamp, about the revised norms for cabin crew, visa details ets..
Finally I mailed the whole set of my medicals again on the 12th of september. And this time I made sure I called her and confirmed about them on the 18th of Sept.
My friend who works for Qatar informed me that people from my batch of FI have started their training.. I feel so sad now.. Its been such a long wait for all this, almost 2 months now...
How much endurance do they expect us to keep.. And it wasnt even my fault..:{:{:\:confused:

laxmax
21st Sep 2010, 19:22
hello everyone,
thanks for the heads up people
appreciate it
well basically i think i was to excited and over spoke on the cv submission and the lady probably saw me to excited and a bit loud that probably why didnt get the phone call
well im indian/spanish
1.81 cms height
perfect teeth
no acne or pimples
suit wore perfectly fited (tailored suit)
and im turning 20 1st december
so i have the qualities needed.
i know i was just over excited and over spoke to the lady
so one advice is to speak only when asked and speak slowly with a low tone
thats how one of my friends made it through.
anyways im not giving up cause i know i have the qualities of a flight attendant.
im going again this weekend to marseille open day i just hope that i dont see the same interviewer if so this means that is not my luck and my time to join qatar airways
but anyways i already have a job with ryanair.
will be leaving on monday 27th to germany for training.
so this is just an alternative.
good luck to everyone for qatar airways interview just speak when needed and in a low tone .
dress perfectly and smell nice and dont do any hand movements . thats a good advice.
good luck to all and even me cause ill be needing it .
i wont make the same mistake just hope god will help me this time cause this is one of my dreams.
thank you all for advices
chaoo for nowww

Boludo
21st Sep 2010, 20:50
Any Males starting on the 25th of October?

My E Visa and Ticket came today!!!! :)

Chiu- Just think positively - I had my FI at the end of June, waited the full 3 weeks before getting the congrats mail, and then the medicals, transaltions, redos, and retranslating took time, got cleareance and then forced to wait again as a delay with my visa. So about 4 months in total and I'm finally on my way...

I did get frustrated at times myself, but kept a postive outlook.

ThatRedHatGirl
21st Sep 2010, 21:56
Laxmax, if you are turning 20 in December then you are too young for QR, no point applying until just before you turn 21.

Jasmeetkaur18789
22nd Sep 2010, 13:38
I am also looking a Cabin Crew job in Qatar please help me out....I have applied 2 times in qatar when they came in india for the recruitment through CV only. I am 21 but still they didn't contact me please anyone tell why they did so?

I want to know the criteria.....plaz tell me if there is another way to caontact them again for this...

yam55
22nd Sep 2010, 13:52
@skyhigh: awww...I'm so sad for you dear...I wish you'd go on with the whole process, I mean a lot of guys out there are dying to be in your position, but the final decision is always up to you.:confused: Well, I wish you success with your future endeavors!:ok: Discover Dubai! Fly Emirates.:E

How's Agneese and FAgirl?? Any updates? I'm medically cleared!! Off to Doha on the 30th of Oct.

Agneese
22nd Sep 2010, 17:52
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

romina69
22nd Sep 2010, 18:20
Anyone attending OD in Zagreb on October 02.?

chiu1409
23rd Sep 2010, 06:31
Hey..
Is there anyone one who is in the process of getting the medicals approved..
Does anybody have any clue when the next batch is starting..
I have been waiting for a medical clearence for almost a month now..
Somebody help..

onax
23rd Sep 2010, 07:38
Is there any chance to fail once you have been medically clearead?? i mean i have been waitin my doj for 2 weeks now and i don\t know what to do?shall i send them an e-mail?

laxmax
23rd Sep 2010, 10:06
Hello everyone
I'm attending open day in marseille on saturday
If anyone is going please let me know my number is
+34649711841
It would be nice to meet up
Chaoo for now

pepy
23rd Sep 2010, 18:33
Hello!
I'm attending an OD in Zgb=)

laxmax
25th Sep 2010, 19:32
hello to all

i have been the third time to qatar open day today
and no phone call
i feel so sad and depressed and and i cant let it go out of my mind
i just feel like hopes are gone and brokenhearted i cant compare this sad feeling to nothing cause i really want it more than anything rite now
first of all im 19 and turning 20 1st december
im 1.81 height and 80 weight
no acne or pimples basically nice clean face nice hairstyle to the side
perfect teeth and dressed business attire basically i have the qualities of a flight attendant i know it deep in my heart . to the open day spoke softly and smiling always there wer 2 interviewer one south american and another one indian i swaped from the south american one to the indian one because mostly everyone from the indian row swaped to the south american one and i spoke only wen asked.
i dont know what else to do i really really need some advice because emotionaly and mentally i am burned to death im very young and dont know how to control my emotional feelings.
please anyone out there i really need some advice on what to do
i would appreciate it a lot for advices

thank you all very much

cecee85
26th Sep 2010, 01:05
Strongly agree with the fact that is very easy to think you will be able to cope with all these restrictions.
I had the same picture before I joined and I followed all written and unwritten curfews.

The huge problem is even if you do they will still put you in trouble sooner or later.
Good option is to keep a low profile here.. But what does low profile mean to them?
Well, that means you will have to give your entire life away and act as per company issued memos truogh 365 days per year. Yes, even during your leave period.

These are just facts. I still say: I am a strong person and I passionately love my job. My job, not my company.
Just keep you guys your heads up and hold on!:ok:

gallery
26th Sep 2010, 11:46
Hi there ,i can not imagine what your going through but i reckon it must be difficult trying to understand why you were not called,with what i have read and been told about open days for Qatar airways, i real think its your age letting you down,the fact that you are 19 may be a problem even if the recruiters wanted to take you on,i think 19 years is still young to them according to company requirements were your required to serve alcohol on board,

Do not give up though,the more O.Ds and A.Ds the better for you,may be till you become 21,till then fingers crossed for you.:)

nikond60
27th Sep 2010, 08:55
hello everyone.. im also waiting for my medical clearance... any idea how long it takes? thanks thanks..

yam55
27th Sep 2010, 15:49
Well, in my case I waited for less than a week when my medical clearance came out..others waited for more than a week, or even a month (or more than a month)...you can do some backreading if you like. :O Just check your email every now and then, like we all did :ok: Well, wish you all the best! I hope you will receive your clearance anytime soon.

skyhigh12
28th Sep 2010, 00:56
Why don't you change airlines?

nikond60
28th Sep 2010, 06:28
[Text speak]

cecee85
28th Sep 2010, 07:07
Why should I change airline?

This is not my first flying job, I came as experienced crew.
I came to fly and I am here to do my job which I do really love!
Therefore there is not enough stupid rule which could make me to give it up! I am stronger than this and frankly said there is one big advantage of QR. That is when you leave you will have something, something really valuable in your CV.

But I do recommend: try EK and EY and if you are really desperate coming and flying in the middle east, well.. then there is one more option: QR.

skyhigh12
28th Sep 2010, 08:15
I just thought you didn't like working for QR so why not just leave? but i guess if the rules don't bother you and you can obviously handle it then i can understand why your still working for them.

cecee85
28th Sep 2010, 09:17
Do not get me wrong but most of us are bothered by the rules. We can say, everybody does especially people from western countries/Australia/US.

It is not just as simple as you say: leave. I am not going to leave I did not pack my stuff through the half world to escape because I have not even tried to cope.

Altough we can say if I would receive a job offer from EK, EY, BA or whatever I would leave, but for nothing, for the unsecure I am not going to give up.

I am here to get more and more experience because with this background we will have high chances to get a nice offer from a correct airline or I might say private airline.

However this is not the best company but after I am here, well that is my business I was the one who had made the choice.. so I will take of myself.

Just a piece of advise: think! Think twice! Think and take as much time as you need to understand: QR needs basic changes immediately. The morale of the company is sinking, loads of people are leaving, being fired sometimes for non-sense reasons, crew has fear of everything continuosly - fear of being fired, being threatened, etc.
The head department of the company needs to understand they cannot do this, and frankly saying it is not rare that they step over human rights!
The only issue that they seem to ignore these problems and not willing to change.

When it will happen no one know, but at the time, just look for something else.

I am sure when right thing will happen you guys will know, because many crew will talk and speak again. There will be no fear, no threat.
That is what we are waiting for here and when it comes up, that will be the time for everybody to apply!

We hope, we wish and we never give up!:ok:

Mari
28th Sep 2010, 10:43
I'm sorry to interrupt this conversation but can I just say something?

(Moderator! Feel free to remove my post when it's inappropriate!)

We are all adults and aware of the current economic situation and our own limitations. Right?

There are gossips about Qatar. Bad gossips. There are open days. Yes, they tell you what to expect but you cannot really imagine what to REALLY expect until you didn't experience it.

- Please, don't argue with me. It's a fact. -

Rules are stupid at Qatar - well, for many people, especially Westerners. The company is not the best. (The worst in the Middle-East, no doubt.) However, you have a job and you are paid well. Well, pay is OK, considering that you leave your home country and move to the desert.

Is it sooo easy to change?!

Are there recruitment days every day in the city where you are?! (You are flying...)
Is it so easy to get an exit visa?
Is it so easy to get 3 days off in a row?
Are the airlines hiring big time and taking hundreds of people?!
Do you fit the profile at all the companies you desire?!
Hm, is there a school to pay? Maybe kids?
Is there a loan/mortgage at home maybe?!

You have limited time/money/opportunities! And you need luck!!!

Maye he/she tried Qatar before. Maybe he/she tried other airlines. Then he/she was waiting for these stupid medicals! Then she/he was waiting for the date of joining. Then there is a bond! And you are not able to join Emirates (Etihad is not clear for me just yet...) for another 12 months! EK and EY was not hiring for a very long time and EK is slowing down right now! I don't even mention other parts of the World!

Sorry, but it's not that easy to change the airline!!!!!!

Some people WILL change the airline when the oppotuity arise. (Well, some people will resign and go home or go somewhere and do something else. After whatever... 1-3-5-8 years...)

You should know very well when CHANGE should come! It has to come when "Enough is enough."

Usually it's the same time with the opportunity...

And surprise, surprise: you say good-bye to your old life and say hello to the new one.

Honestly, are you, guys, live in the REAL world? Otherwise you wouldn't ask questions like that!

My little niece (mentioning always -read back if you want) hates it! I have so many stories to tell... But she didn't make it to Emirates which she tried before QR. She cannot apply for EK just yet - 12 months waiting! She recently applied for several European carriers (EU passport) and she will go for interviews if she can. (Exit permit needed, vacation, off days...) Of course there is no guarantee they would take an xxxxx in the UK or Austria or Germany or Switzerland: obviously the compatition is harder for a foreigner. She has a bond at QR by the way: it's a huge money for us! (Eastern-Europeans.) Beside that: you need to live on something during your training in Europe! It means you need to have 2-3000 euro on your bank account.

Change is never easy. You need to wait for the right time.

Excuse me, but cecee above will survive some years as he/she is tough enough. It doesn't mean that he/she loves the company. This person wants to travel the World! You can do it in 1-2 years! Why the hell should he/she change the comany?! Going thorugh all these: Going for ODs... waiting for reply... waiting for medical... doing a 6-week-training... doing 6-month-probation...

Oh, just read back: every second question is about "how much time do I have to wait for...?" Seriously: how many times are you willing to go through this in your life? For a job like this?!

I would only change something much better!!! Definately not for some low-cost... Or he/she will go home and make babies or/and have an own business after experiencing the World. Or going home to be a cabin manager or recruiter or something else in the aviation industy.

I would like to draw attention to our lifetime - as humans - , yes, it's limited as well. You might want to plan your MAJOR career changes between the age of 25 and 45.

Again:do we live in the same world? Seriously... Huh, some of you sound so irresponsible to me... Well, it might just be me...

cecee85
28th Sep 2010, 17:20
Well said Mari, thank you.

(Sorry for my previous post, I missed some words half way through sleep:ouch:)

Boludo
28th Sep 2010, 17:43
@cecee - how do they know what you do with your time off? If you chose to go on vacation to Tahiti do they visit you there?

I think everything is what you make it. Even with all the negative comments I have read- it hasn't changed my opinion about joining Qatar.

I have a friend from my country currently working there and while they aren't in love with the rules to live by in Qatar and the country itself as it's limited in activites outside eating and the mall when you are there; she likes the job, the opportunity, and she's able to save enough to return in a few years if she choses to buy a house or apartment.

Torontofly
29th Sep 2010, 06:56
Hi Guys!
I will be attending the Montreal open day by Qatar Airways!

Will anyone be attending this? Do feel free to message me

I tried with Emirates earlier in May, got to the Final Interviews and then didn't make it

Let's see how this one goes, I will be travelling from Toronto to Montreal to attend the recruiting event for cabin crew, what do you guys think about this??

Talk to you soon

skyhigh12
29th Sep 2010, 06:58
I'm not about to disagree with either of you, as you both make a point and i understand everything your saying. But when it comes to basic human rights that Qatar cant offer (that's the feeling i get from reading many posts), well personally i think thats a sad and degrading life to live. I'm all about being positive in hard situations and making the most out of it but it must suck the life out of you eventually. I know in Australia we might live more of a comfortable life and have rights when it comes to work choices and how we get treated. Well this topic is definitely each to their own as we are all in different stages in our lives.

VS-LHRCSA
29th Sep 2010, 20:45
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/425256-leaving-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know.html

Ella2000
29th Sep 2010, 21:12
Guys,

Everyone has his/her own point of view. It is only about what you expect from your life. And if you don't want to take the opportunity there are thousands of people to replace you.
I am so desperate for flying that I would be honored to be QR's slave and serve them as long as possible. And about the rules. I already live like that so no change for me.

Ella

ITO
30th Sep 2010, 08:07
Been there, done that, let me just re-give my opinion on the matter.

Whether we like it or not, at least QR is an excellent experience when it comes to discover yourself and your own limits, because somehow, sometimes, yes, it pushes you to the limit. But in the same time, QR experience is all about how you take it, how you look at it, and what you want from it. In the company, you will find people that are there for 10 years, most of them CSD’s and CS’s behind. Others are “passing through” people that stay an average of a year and a half. You will notice that most of the people that stays longer are from certain regions of the world, where if they go back to their countries, it will be impossible for them to have the salary they are getting being with QR, or even the life style. What I mean by life style is that they got used to travel, to 5 starts hotels, ID90, discounts, tax free, free accommodation…etc, something that they will never be able to afford, me included. Also, you’ll find them most of the time having either loans in Doha, or having family responsibilities back home. Believe it, some are even married back home, having childs, but still separated from them, working in Doha to support them each month. These type of crew got used to the system, and know perfectly that financially speaking, they won’t be able to have the same at there home town, and that if they leave QR, it will have a certain impact in there life in general, even if maybe one day, they will leave too. The “passing through” people come for the experience, travelling, glamour, most of them first timers as cabin crew, but soon later hit the wall at full speed. They discover the company, its strict rules and all the other points not mentioned during their Interviews. And it’s here where you as a person enter the challenge pool: Will you take it, stand there on your feet, be strong and continue, or simply leave? A lot choose to leave after sometime; others get perfectly used to it. And it’s in this fase of the flight where one has to ask himself what are the reasons that brought me
to QR ?
When I was with QR, there was no US, AUSSI, CANADIANS or BRETISH cabin crew. Then wanting to compete with EK and EY, QR started to change its crew profile and get some westerners into. However, it’s more than obvious coming from Chicago, Sydney, Toronto or London, you can’t expect to have the same life as in DOHA! It’s a whole total change, local mentality included, life style, habits, everything! But again, what brought you to QR ? What are your objectives? Will you stand? The objective has to remain in sight at all times. Some takes it hard on them, miss their families, friends, find out it’s not for them and leave.

So, it absolutely depends on your personality, on how you look at things in life, your targets, goals, perspectives and future. I personally enjoyed being there. I had of course my bad times but then always remembered what was my target and kept going on. I visited the world, places I would have never visited in my life if I wasn’t there. Met great people, learned A LOT, had fun. Company rules? You’ll just have to respect them and in the same time forget about them. I never ever had any single problem with QR during my stay there. Some people already work in worse environment and will have no problem to adapt.

So to the new joiners, some will tell you think twice before going to that Interview. From my own experience? I would say go and discover by your self, specially if you want to build something in your life. Then you can judge.
Good luck to all of you.

vapiano
30th Sep 2010, 10:03
Ito - RESPECT!:ok::ok:

EYner
30th Sep 2010, 15:59
To build up something in yourself ? ... i don t know what s the matter with people who encourage others to join this airline ... and they write an essay about it ... are they from QR management ? Who ever is interested to go there of course is free to do so BUT get some info before you join ... if you receive a visitor your mom for girls or your dad for guys, they wikl not be able to get out from the accomodation in case you have a flight, so even your family the ones you love and you care about are trapped in your appartement. The CEO has asked so may girls to sleep with him or to do massage for him, ... he is not normal is a dictator, I worked there and I still have nightamres abt it. If somebody wanna do military camp go and try it out, but you wanna get out from it you have to pay ... Like the batch of Aussies who had 500 riyals (100 euros) everymonth during their training, they were trapped there and if they wanted to resign they had to pay a lots of money, they are not faithful (the management) so who ever wants to join please do go !!!!

almaha
30th Sep 2010, 23:43
[Text speak]

zabairh
2nd Oct 2010, 15:52
[Text speak]

zabairh
3rd Oct 2010, 00:25
Hi I am about to attend my third open day. so far i have been unsuccessful and i am really not sure where i am going wrong. i have a really good academic background, im 26, well presented and well spoken. i fit the criteria but never recieve the phone call back. i have been to the open day, smiled and handed in my cv. what else should i do?

Mari
3rd Oct 2010, 00:31
What does "acacemic background" mean?

They want to see customer service background. You are 26, so not very young, you should have 3-6 years of cutsomter service experinece by now. You should be pretty, smily and slim.

Flying experience is an advantage.

Miamiparis
3rd Oct 2010, 11:34
Hi ,
I would like to know if there is a maximum age to apply for Qatar as a cabin crew.
I never worked for the aviation industry but now I want to take a break in my life and do the job i always dreamed to do.
I am 41 years old right now. I always worked on the hospitality industry an love customer contact.
Ler me know what do you think..I really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot !
Javier

Emma Gemma
3rd Oct 2010, 11:47
Sorry to break it to you.

I have never heard of QR accepting anyone at the age of 41 to a cabin crew position before. QR can be very selective and it can be difficult enough for anyone over the age of 30 to be accepted. Sometimes it can be a matter whether you look your age or not. You have nothing to lose by applying but prepare yourself that it might not work.

Good luck!

Miamiparis
3rd Oct 2010, 11:52
I was expecting a reply like that . I know they prefer youger people.
Thank you so much for your advise

Kira19
5th Oct 2010, 18:24
[Text speak]

sigrit
6th Oct 2010, 08:21
Hello everyone!
I am new in this forum, but as I am going to Qatar on 16th of October (my training starts on 18th) I thought that maybe some of you will also be going to Qatar on the same time... so feel free to contact me, it would be nice to know someone before I arrive;)

JCUERVO
6th Oct 2010, 08:36
Last night at aprox. 1:00am , an electrical fire broke out on one of the Cabin Crew accommodations of Qatar Airways. As the crew rushed out of their apartments due to the fire alarm, they noticed an acrid smell permeating the whole of the building as well as gray smoke.

Upon reaching the lobby of the accommodations, all crew were told to remain INSIDE the building (at this point the severity of the fire hazard had not been determined) so as to not "offend" the neighbors due to the fact most crew were wearing there sleeping outfits (mind you crews are told to always wear "decent" close to sleep since at any time random and unannounced inspections are allowed on Cabin crew by staff from the company)

Fire fighters responded to the seen, and proceeded up the steps to the 8th floor of the building where the fire had been determined to have been caused by faulty wiring linked to a wall A/C unit in the living room of one of the flats. The fire was put out safely, but this is where the cautionary tale begins for all those considering employment here...

After the fire had been put out, many cabin crew were now concerned about their flight for the next day (many had early flights, and minimum rest had obviously been interrupted). They were informed by an acting Performance Officer, in a mocking manner, that the only "Excuse" they had not to operate their flights was to at 3 A.M. go to the Doha clinic emergency room and report themselves sick...NO concern what so ever to the mental stress the crew had been put through as they had been rushed down steps just an hour before in the early hours of the morning...Minutes later (with firefighters still in the building and elevators out of commission) all crew were forced to return to their rooms immediately...

Some of the crew, still and obviously now being concerned with their personal safety, having never been able to leave a building that had been on fire just a few moments before, and now being rushed back up stairs, contacted the company directly. Upon raising their concerns about safety, the company rep. simply said "We can not guarantee your safety"...Needles to say, quite a few have refused flights as of today.

This statement of the events last night are not embellished or exaggerated, this is the mentality you will deal with here. YOUR personal safety is NOT guaranteed even when under the companies direct responsibility...You will NOT be treated as a person, you will be treated as a slave...

chiu1409
6th Oct 2010, 15:10
Hello everybody..

I wanted to know if anybody else is also in the process of getting their medicals cleared.. I have given them my blood test results a 4th time now.. What do they really want from these reports...
Also, does anybody have any idea when the next batches are scheduled..
Its been almost 2 and half months since my FI.. My medicals have taken more then 45 days now n the process is still on..
How much more do they make us wait... :{

Rumouhasit
7th Oct 2010, 13:39
When handing in your CV and pictures. What kind of pictures are appropriate? A head shot, full body shot, both?

The medical form, does it have to be provided by my family doctor or does QA do that?

Daj
7th Oct 2010, 19:40
Hi there. I'm also planning to apply for Qatar.. Just waiting for them to come to a place near me.

A couple days a go I got a work for one of the biggest airlines in my country, A really really good company. The problem was that the minimum age is 21, and I didn't tell them how old I am.. so I went trough everything, and when they were going to do the contract for me the founded out I'm only 19.. So they couldn't hire me:( They already said yes to me and everything.. =/

I know that you have to be 21 at most of the airlines.. but Qatar is 20.. so this is my chance!

ivyblom
11th Oct 2010, 19:52
Hallo all future cabin crewees :)
Im new in this site -
I need help with the open day in capetown coming up.
please can anyone help me with the following details - i really dont wanna mess this opportunity up :

1.) Is it more beneficial to apply online before the openday or is it ok to pitch up on the actual day only

2.) what are the pics we need for the day and are passport pics enoug/how many will i need?

3.) any pointers on the cv anyone and interview questions

4.) im flying up from Johannesburg the night before - can anyone tell me if they pic some of the people on the actual day for second interviews? im flying back the same day!

Then from a stranger - SO MANY MILLION CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ALREADY MADE IT :D I HOPE ONE DAY ILL GET TO MEET YOU ALL.

HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I tried to read up on all this info but its too spread.

IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO THE OPENDAY IN CAPETOWN TOO?

NERVOUS :yuk: :yuk:BUT EXITED;)

GUDNIGHT ALL;):ooh:

yam55
12th Oct 2010, 16:04
Welcome Aboard ivyblom!:ok:

Hmmm...I think, it won’t matter whether you apply online or not...showing up on the OD with your resume and pictures are enough to get noticed (compared to online application that is).

On an OD, all you need to bring is you CV, with a whole body and a passport size picture..(note: you have to be in a business attire, hair neatly tied away from the face, in full makeup etc.), as this is the only way that the recruiters will remember you out of a pool of hopefuls once they make their deliberation on who’s going through the next recruitment stage.

Pointers on what to write and not what to write on a CV...I can’t help you with this as I am terrible with composing a CV myself...but it would be an advantage to you if you include in your CV any experiences that is related to customer service etc.. anything that has to do with people. Give emphasis and highlight the things that you are good at that is related to a CC's job description (e.g. if you're knowlegdgeable in First Aid and Basic Life Support, write it down)

During the OD, if the recruiters have seen some potentials in you, they will contact you by phone that same day, informing you to attend the next stage which is the Assessment Day(the day after the OD), if you have successfully qualified, you’re off to the next round, the Final Interview . So basically, the recruitment process is done in consecutive days...

Well, I hope all these infos helps. Good luck ivyblom!

vapiano
13th Oct 2010, 10:20
something about that fire??? anyone?

ivyblom
13th Oct 2010, 12:29
OH honey you are my superstar - dont know much about you but im sure well get along great!

Thanks so much for your reply! it helps millions!

:D

Great to have met:)

PS: have you gone through some of the ropes yet? - good luck hey!:p

yam55
13th Oct 2010, 16:43
Haha....ok dear, piece of advice, be in your best business attire, in your best make up and do (preferably, if you have long hair, a chignon, or a bun will do the trick), with your best smile...:ok: During the OD, you're only required to submit your cv with the recommended pictures...you might be surprised, it's just a seconds to a minute encounter with the recruiters...so first impression really counts. You might be asked a question or two, just give straight forward and direct answers..i dunno but it did work for me. Well, best of luck ivyblom, just be confident...:ok: As for me, I will commence my training with QR next month...see you around!

Cheers!

ivyblom
14th Oct 2010, 13:01
Getting hold of no one - arrrrggg
Hallo fellow crewiees.

Ok so ive been trying to get hold of anyone in capetown (who has no answer) and even in Quatar itself that can clear up my confusion about the openday in Capetown the 23rd of October.

Please guys i need to book my ticket from JHB to CT and the monies on my side is really limited -i dont wanne mess this booking up.

Yam Thanks ...you (also) said that the days in which all the things are happening id consecutive...

I have to fly the friday evening before the OD( saturday - (no early enough flights saturday to make OD on time) question now is DO I BOOK MY return flight the same evening or do i should i only fly back sunday?

On which days did your interview take place (anyone?):basically im hoping the sistem will work the same for me. IN OTHER WORDS WILL THE FINAL INTERVIEW HAPPEN ON THE SAME WEEKEND OF THE OD OR WILL I HAVE TO BOOK ANOTHER FLIGHT A BIT LATER.

I needed to book my flight like yesterday already - the longer i wait - the pricier. :ugh:

thanks to everyone in advance...

VS-LHRCSA
14th Oct 2010, 19:59
yam55 has already said the assessment day is the day after the open day, so yes, you will need to set aside 2 consecutive days.

dailyfx100k
15th Oct 2010, 12:17
can anyone tell me what is the maximum age for becoming a cabin crew?

chiu1409
16th Oct 2010, 07:10
Hi there..
I just got my medicals cleared this week and was wondering what process follows it?????
How much time does it all take after the medicals are completed??????
When is you DOJ and training... Did you have to wait long for the same to be scheduled...
I have been waiting for over 2 months now for my medical clearance...
:\:\:\:\:\

yam55
17th Oct 2010, 13:32
Hey there!

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for clearing the medicals! May I ask, are you a "He" or a "She"?...anyhoo, since you're medically cleared, QR will advise you to resign from your previous job(if you're employed), and they will ask you about your availability to travel from your point of origin to Doha. They will send some paper works through email (Offer Letter etc.) If you want the process to be a breeze, you have to complete everything that they require you to do and fill up. As for me, I attended the OD in my home country last August, and I was medically cleared on September, I should have gone to Doha to commence my training as early as the first week of October, but it was later moved in November since I have to resign from my previous employer and serve a 30-day notice. Don't worry chiu, just check your email frequently, and work on the required things that needs to be done, eventually you'll have your DOJ in no time.

Mesaoudadeparis
17th Oct 2010, 13:38
At QR there is no maximum age. Before the minimum was 20 but now it is 23.

chiu1409
18th Oct 2010, 07:13
I just got my offer mail from them today... Yeahhhh so exited about it..
I am scheduled to leave for Doha in the 1st week of December... Hopefully I'l get to meet you there..
Oh and by the way... I'm a "SHE".. Remember you asked...
Its a long wait thou... I suppose I can spend some time with my family and friends...
Cant help being super happy... Am sure your feeling the same jitters...
Have fun in Doha...

Cheers

Chiu :):):ok:

Keke
18th Oct 2010, 13:27
Who told you that the minimum age is 23?
On the website (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-requirements.html) appears 20... do you have a better source?
If so please quote where you are taking your information from, cause many people are applying at 19 something with high hopes and they shouldn't be misslead. Don't take this as an attack, it's just weird to see this, without any official place to confirm it.
Thank you!

Mari
19th Oct 2010, 09:07
It must have been a joke with this minimum age... They even take people at the age of 19 (at least in the last couple of weeks: read back) but you need to be 20 when starting the training.

No official upper age limit but is should be around 30-35. My little niece had a batch mate from France who was 30. She resigned after 3 months... There was another girl from our country, 30 as well, she got married later (on leave secretly) and resigned 6 months after joining. (I have no idea why these people joined...)

It's hard to adapt to all the rules and regulations and get used to the new place and flatmates at this age. And you need to work with all those 'kids' which can be challenging. Not mentioning that your senior is 5 years younger than you...

You don't lose anything if you try. Good luck!

cargallar
19th Oct 2010, 18:02
Hi!
I am in the interview process with Qatar Airways. The job will be in Doha. As a Latin American woman, I feel the restrictions are HIGH in Qatar. Could anyone enlight me a little bit on this topic. I have been reading many blogs and honestly I'm not as excited as I was at the beginning.

Thanks

Carmen

Boludo
19th Oct 2010, 21:26
Any males flying to Qatar on the 22, with the start date as the 25th?

Best of luck to everyone else joining and going throught the process!

yam55
20th Oct 2010, 02:24
Hey Carmen,

I know, it's quite devastating and at the same time discouraging to read blogs are well, on the not so good side...but you know what, how would know if you won't try...I mean, it's not going to be all rainbow and sunshine down there in QR, turbulence and unfavorable weather conditions will always arise :). But don't lose heart, like everyone said, QR is what you make out of it...it will be one hell of a ride!:ok: I I have a couple of friends who worked there, and so far, everything seems well...so, don't be afraid, try, dip your toe, and then on 3, 1-2-3, go for the plunge!

Hey chiu!

See, told you...well, I must say, cherish the remaining days you have with your family...and start listing down the things that you need to bring, in that case you won't miss out on things that are important....:) Oh well, I hope to meet you the soonest! Take Care

PtoPadre
22nd Oct 2010, 02:12
Hello... I'm new to the group... I went through the Emirates OD, AD & FI and, after 4 weeks after the FI, which I felt went very well, I received my "unsuccessfull" email by them.

Now I am moving on to QR and showing up to an OD 30Oct...

PtoPadre
22nd Oct 2010, 14:38
Anyone going to QR OD 30Oct anywhere?

sezo
22nd Oct 2010, 23:11
hello everyone..i just found this website while searching information about Qatar Airlines. I want you ask you something guys, in the ad it says after the open days:

If you are selected at this stage, you will be invited to attend further interview processes over the next two days.

so, if i pass the first interview, where does the further interview proccesses take place? in my country or do they invite us to Doha? thanks in advance

chiu1409
23rd Oct 2010, 09:03
Hi Yam...
Hope to see you in Doha too.. Keep us posted on the progress in Doha while your training.. Would be great fun to read about your experience..
Oh by the way.. Are you a 'he' or 'she'... And when do you leave for Doha..

Chiu :ok::ok:

chiu1409
23rd Oct 2010, 09:06
About your Query..

On the first day they only take your Resume and Photographs..
If they like you, they give you a call and ask you to come the next day.. In your hometown itself.. If you clear the English test, Reach test and GD you attend the Final Intervie on the 3rd day... In the same place...

Hope you do great... All the very best to you...
:ok::ok::ok:

danja
23rd Oct 2010, 16:02
hello people. I want to ask you some questions.
when I read the advertisement i got really excited, because it sounds cool to work in a different country and getting paid good. anyway, i want to know how do they usually interview you? like do they ask you random questions, or ask you to read something or what? and do they interview as a group or one by one? those are important for me, because Im a mild stutter so if they usually ask you to read something in front of lots of people, i get so nervous and stutter. i will apply accordingly to your answers, thanks

yam55
24th Oct 2010, 00:48
Hey Chiu,

Oh yes! I will...anxiety is creeping in...I'm 5 days away from my departure date...:ugh: I'm starting to feel a bit nostalgic, I'm going to miss my family back home...oh, haha..I'm a "she" by the way...see you soon..

PtoPadre
24th Oct 2010, 14:03
@Miamiparis: If QR has an OD in a city near you, just go for the experience! You never know... I went to an EK OD, got through the AD & FI... I got the 'unsuccessful' email from them but I will try QR and EY... Again, just go for the experience of the process...

The_U.D.
25th Oct 2010, 09:34
Hello Everyone!!!

Anyone here starting training 1st November???

duyentranvan
25th Oct 2010, 17:44
helo all.. when is the next recruitment in spain?

LINDAHEIDIUK
25th Oct 2010, 23:46
Hi everybody,
Just wanted to share my experience even if I know there is alot posted already
First Day:
Between 450 and 500 girls (only) we have to submit our CV and pictures very quick chat, asked me why I came from London to casablanca.
Then in they called me and said they would like me to come the next day.
Second Day:
We were around 40 girls, they show us many video about Qatar Airways and life in Doha. Then we had to an english test which was very easy and an essay.
During the test we did the reach test and they ask you another question.
That's it for me :( I don't really think that I suck at the english test, it might be something about my body language or whatever. I'm trying to find out what was wrong.
Anyway after they told us who had to stay and who had to leave, I went back to say that I was thankful for their time and their interest. I am not going to give up, I defintly want to be a cabin crew. I'll try again and again until I'll be hired. :)
I am not worried about failling, I know I can be a very good cabin crew.
Life is what we make of it !!!

PtoPadre
26th Oct 2010, 11:38
@LINDAHEIDIUK: No male applicants appeared for the open day in Casablanca? Did QR only want females?

wonnafly
27th Oct 2010, 16:42
Hi everyone
I'm going to the Recruitment / open day in Milan the 6th of the next month ...
anyone else????

I'm a little bit scared abouth all the things that I reed.. but I think that I could live with the rules that some of you described ..

I'm afraid as well for the englis test .. Any Italian here could tell me how is the difficoulty? ..:ooh:

thanks to all of your answers

loopsey
29th Oct 2010, 16:30
can anyone please give me an idea how much do you get in a month as CC in QA? Sorry if I sound like im prying, I'm waiting for my offer letter and i just want to know if il be getting more or less than my present salary. thank you

PtoPadre
30th Oct 2010, 05:00
Started at 9am and there were well over 100 applicants. Most of them were young chinese women and a good number of men... Another blond haired woman and I were the only non-Asians there.. I was a bit intimidated and was thinking of leaving the open day.

I was unaware that there was some registration done through an agency because there was a table collecting an application form (and everyone before me had it) before you were allowed in the room with the QR recruiters... Before you approached the table, the reach test was done and some women were turned away. The agency women were nice and gave me an application, filled it out and I was allowed to go in the room with the QR recruiters.

There were two Indian-looking QR female recruiters who spoke English very well. One of the women was friendly as she collected the CV's and the other one was a bit more serious... They both were asking applicants simple questions (how far is such & such province from Beijing? How tall are you? What did you study in college? etc.) in order to check your English proficiency and the ones who went up before me were struggling; I was surprised! The recruiters would say 'thank you' and that was it! Short and simple...

When I left the room, there was still a long line waiting to pass the reach test, table and be seen by the recruiters... I guess that would go on until 12pm..

kandy_girl
30th Oct 2010, 11:30
Hey guys I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, I applied for emirates cabin crew early this year around in June, I became successful in my AD and I made it all the way to the finals…. However after five stressful weeks of waiting and waiting I got an email saying I was unsuccessful and it really killed me inside however I got over and thought to myself that I can’t let a rejection turn me down so I decided to give it another go, right now I’m in Dubai and I saw on their career website that they are coming to Dubai on the 5th of November and I’m going to be here until then so I have decided to go for it and see how it goes…. I use to work for Qatar airways back in my home country as a check in agent so I kind of know a little bit about this airline however I hear so much horrific things happen in Doha so I was always a bit unsure about applying for this airline.. Likewise now I’m going to give it a try and see what happens.

Is anyone going to the Dubai open day for Qatar airways on the 5th of November… please let me know, and do any of you guys know how much people will attend the open day in Dubai….

Faceted
30th Oct 2010, 21:07
Hi there,
I desperately want to work for Qatar Airways. I like the set up and the rules and think it would really suit me. I don't want to work for anyone else.

However, I've submitted my CV twice now in the UK and not got called back. The strange thing is that I thought my CV was actually pretty good first time around and second time, well I really thought it was spot on for what they would be looking for.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need do to get to day 2?

Working for Qatar Airways would be a dream come true. Please help me!

LINDAHEIDIUK
31st Oct 2010, 00:05
@PtoPadre
No I do not think they are just looking for women as my friend (a male) have been hired a couple of month ago.

yam55
31st Oct 2010, 07:37
Hi there guys...just arrived here in Doha yesterday, I'm suffering from jet lag. So far, everything is well, my flatmates are so awesome, they made me feel welcomed. Hmmm, it's quite humid by day, but it's much cooler by night. The accommodation is really nice, hmmm, what else, all in all, it's good.:O

Lucy.R
31st Oct 2010, 09:27
good luck there and let us know how you are doing there. When does your course start?

ivyblom
1st Nov 2010, 20:29
GREAT STUFF YAM.

Glad you are already having fun and enjoying it all.

I envy you guys.

Be blessed and keep your chin up:ok:

Hopefully see you soon.

loloy101
3rd Nov 2010, 01:01
yam55 any other filipino in your class from the same aug batch?

chiu1409
3rd Nov 2010, 09:56
Hello there...
Glad to hear you have reached and settled in well..
So how have you been..
I hope your having loads of fun out there in Doha..
Has your training started already.. Hope to hear more about it..
Keep in touch..
Hope to see you soon in Doha...

Love
Chiu :ok:

loreign
3rd Nov 2010, 14:00
Hi there! Feels great to have read about your threads and it really helps me to gain a little confidence cause I'm starting to lose hope on myself. You really sound very optimistic and that helps a lot. Thank you. Well, but they say.. "No guts, no glory!" ;)

Anyways, I'm 27 yrs. old located here in the Philippines and a single mom. No work for now and friends keep telling me to try applying as a flight attendant since they know that it's really my dream to become one. I've searched over the internet these past few days and saw an opening day for Qatar Airways as a Cabin Crew. It will be held on the 14th of this month at one of the hotels here. I'm really nervous cause I really don't know what to do and what to expect. I hope you can help me on some pointers as to what to wear, what kind of do, make up and shoes to wear.

Let me tell you on some infos about myself so you can freely assess me whether I can make it or not.. more or less.. Cause I think you have at least the clue on what are the qualifications they are looking for since you've made it there. I do accept criticisms.. don't worry. :p I'm really worried on how I look cause I've heard that they only accept applicants who are more or less have the face of a potential Hollywood actor. :{ I mean, you have to look beautiful and all.

Here:
- height: 5'6"
- weight: 150 lbs. (which I think I'm a little overweight but trying to work out now)
- fair skinned
- I've reached 3rd yr. college
- I can speak and understand Chinese very well; especially Fookien and a little of Mandarin.
- I do have a 4-month working experience in an American-based call center (dunno if it helps)

Hope you can give me some advice of what to do.. Thanks a lot!

Creighdon
4th Nov 2010, 17:24
Hi Ladies & Gents

Anyone going to the Open day in Johannesburg, South Africa?

To the crew already with Qatar Airways, any ideas as to what happens once the interviewer's recommendations get back to headquaters? What do the recruiters back at the office look for and/or assess on the applications or do they just assess the interviewer's notes.

I know i will make it through the interview my worry is once it gets back to HQ. Oh, is qatar taking on guys at the moment. I understand that they usually employ only 1 guy from each open day so to keep to their 1:4 ratio.

Look forward to receiving your replies.

ivyblom
4th Nov 2010, 21:27
Hi Creighdon.

Im definately going to the Openday on saturday - so exited and so hopefull! So well be seeing each other there.

It would be nice meeting someone who has made it through a FI.

Do you live close to sandton aswell?

a friend in CT sais their OD was hectic bout 800 or so people!

Good luck - Yvette

Creighdon
5th Nov 2010, 06:59
@ivy

In fact i live 2 streets away from the convention centre. The OD's are hectic, but what is even more so is the wait for that call back. But when you finally get that call all you can think of is ............... nothing but I'm in.

If you want I prefer direct mails email me cs @ creighdon.co.za

PAFTA
6th Nov 2010, 12:33
hi everyone;
ı need help maybe a clue:)
today ı was on od turkey,for tom. they called me,ı wonder;
what kind of essay subjects l should write?
quality of cabin attendant?e.t.c.
regards

Criss7
7th Nov 2010, 18:20
Hy,

I'm new here and I have a question... for ODs you have to apply on their site or you can go over there (I know that for ADs you have to apply but, if it is called "Open Day" I guess you don't have to.)
I'll really appreciate if someone could help me with an answer. :ok:

Good luck for all of you! :)

vapiano
8th Nov 2010, 11:16
hi to all the girls, i have one question for you who are already in doha, regarding the contraceptive pills. so, my doctor prescribe me them and since i`m moving to doha in january i was wondering what`the situation there in drugstores, is the offer ok? can you probably name some of the available pills?

thank you all, i am so excited can`t wait to come!!

gugulla
8th Nov 2010, 17:22
Hello girls,
i've been tried for 4 times for qatar airways. but i didn't get the call. last time when i attend OD in Milan, the recuiter asked me how tall i am. and i said 158 cm..actually i am 160cm..after i didn't get the call. she was so kind to me. i have no idea why. i think i should stop attending OD..also because it's cost. congrates to all of you who've made it..:D

Mari
9th Nov 2010, 11:32
EasyJet has bases in Italy and the money is quite good. The minimum height must be 158 cm only. Try that company.

gugulla
10th Nov 2010, 09:13
Mari
Thank you.i've checked already.the problem is, i don't hold EU passport. well, not yet. i live in italy.but i'm an asian. i thank you anyway.

katkat11
10th Nov 2010, 13:16
Hi! Im just new here and will attend n the upcoming recruitment on Nov13. This is my first time. I just turned 21 and I need your piece advice.

Big thanks!:O

ATE
10th Nov 2010, 14:49
Hi has anyone been for the Sydney recruitment OD on the 17th of October at the Hilton in Sydney??? I did not get anyones contacts and would like to get intouch with the people i was interviewed with..
:ok::ok::ok:

wonnafly
10th Nov 2010, 23:14
I was there and the recruitment day was only the 2°day ( sunday ).
I recived " the call" and I go the second day for the english test and tall test ..
I really don't know what's happened but somethinks doesn't worked..
I don't think that the english test was so difficult..
Were 2 women and they were very kind...
:{

The only thought that I can think now is that my last occasion is to start to work with ryanair.. but I really wonna do a better job, I REALLY want to work for a serious company ......
:{:{:{:{

JustinG
12th Nov 2010, 16:50
How perfect does your skin have to be?

FA.Phil
13th Nov 2010, 03:38
Hey, guys!

There´s going to happen an OD here in Brazil on 28th of November. I´ve already applied on QR website and even got a confirmation back. I want too much get the job and fly for QR however I am afraid that I cannot get used to living under such a strict environment besides I´ve been reading other threads and then heard of some tough co-workers. How´s everything in QR? Is it really worthy being far from my family?

Thanks in advance! lol

peteuk
14th Nov 2010, 15:51
hi all , can anyone tell me what the upper age limit is for Qatar airways i was considering attending one of their open days ? i am 41 years old ... too old ??? no flight experience either .. Peter

atmaweapon
14th Nov 2010, 17:55
Hey everyone!
Yesterday there was an OD here in Panama City, Panama, which I attended. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the call, so I was wondering what Qatar Airways is looking for? I'm 27 years old, 180cm tall, slim and I speak four languages (English, Spanish, Italian and German).

The recruiters told us that if we weren't pre-selected, we could apply again later; but since they can't tell us why we weren't selected, I'm not sure if I should apply again, as I don't know why they didn't select me.

ATE
16th Nov 2010, 10:26
Hi all. I was interviewed in Sydney about a month ago. I was asked to submit my academic records and photos to Qatar overseas via email. I did so and have been waiting a month to hear now. I was told i would know in 2 to 3 weeks so i wrote a polite email asking upon the status of my application. The email i recieved said that my application had been put on hold and that i would be informed when they made the decision.
Can anyone help me with what this means. I have put my career on hold atm because i am waiting to hear back.. Does it mean i did not get the job?????

shinesmile_ua
18th Nov 2010, 10:08
Hello !!!
Hope you are fine !!!

Is anyone here starting training on January???

Faceted
18th Nov 2010, 15:37
Hi guys,

Just wondering is anyone is going to the OD in Manchester this Saturday?

Cheers,
Paul

FA.Phil
18th Nov 2010, 19:07
Hey Paul!

I´m going to OD here in Sao Paulo - Brazil, on November, 28th.

I am very excited. haha

Good luck, anyway! :ok:

danja
20th Nov 2010, 13:56
hey people
unfortunately i missed the opening day..
when do you guys think that they look for the cabin crews again? next year?
thanks in advance

Faceted
20th Nov 2010, 22:07
No call!
Anyone else at the Manchester open day today?

wonnafly
21st Nov 2010, 02:21
in Italy every 2 o 3 months more or less...

I don't know how your skin must to be perfect ... or everythink else because nobody understand how them decide to , or choose us.........:rolleyes:
so good luck everyone:O

EA_cabincrew
21st Nov 2010, 12:49
Hey there everyone

A few words about my personal experience about OD in Tallinn (Estonia)today 21 November. There was a total of 35 people (only!), and 2 indian female recruiters (Gilian/Gulian and another one). The usual presentation, handed the cv's, they asked about where did you find out about the OD, any cabin crew/service experience, that's it.

Ah, here are the freshest salary numbers:
- during ab-initio: 3300 QAR
- first 6 months after ab-initio: 3300 QAR + block hour pay 39 QAR (they claim it to be 90-100 block hours on average, while I've heard it's no more than 70, any info on that? :confused:) + meal allowance.
- after 6 months 3700 QAR, the rest is the same.

Then the english test, and meanwhile everyone had to approach them for the reach test. 20 min break, they announced the "happy 6" passing into the 2nd round.
I've made it to the 2nd, there was a group exersize, discussing some regular things (a la you spilt wine on VIP passenger, what to do, name the 10 challenges which await you in Doha). After that I got cut off - out of 6, 4 made it to the 3rd round, unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

I didnt really understand what precisely were they searching for, one girl who passed further had PINK stockings and VIOLET blouse, too talkative and overwhelming, but she passed! Well...:mad: no comment here I guess.

So thats it about the OD in Tallinn, hope my information could be useful to someone, will gladly answer any questions you might have!

FA.Phil
22nd Nov 2010, 00:00
Hey EA_cabincrew, I´ve got a doubt!

Have all the three rounds happened on the first day?

Well, I am going to participate in an OD on next Sunday...

I am kind of confused, how could the talkative and overwhelming girl in violet blouse and pink stocking pass on?

Oh my God, I got more worried. lol

Faceted
22nd Nov 2010, 08:22
My friend who works for Qatar says that he used to get 90-100 flying hours but recently it has fallen to around 70-80, however he thinks that will probably increase again as more destinations open up. He still got a good pay check this month anyway.

shinesmile_ua
22nd Nov 2010, 11:41
Anybody is going to Qatar in January???

Best of luck to everyone else joining and going throught the process!;););)

loopsey
24th Nov 2010, 09:49
hi guys. ive passed the interview and done my medicals. i got an email that i need more info and comments about thoracic spine. anyone here who knows a case about having mild scoliosis but was still cleared and offered employment? just wanna know my chances. thank you :)

suryakant311
24th Nov 2010, 10:36
Any1 know the meaning of PAPA AGNES>>?????I may not b correct with spelling but i was asked this question in an airline interview.
Any idea what is it?

sezo
24th Nov 2010, 19:21
hello everyone
i have a question to ask and hope you guys help me with that.
Unfortunately, i missed Qatar airways' open day that took place in my country (Turkey). I was searching in the forum to find out how often they employ cabin crew, then I looked through their website. On the cabin crew job search section, I saw :Cabin Crew Recruitment in Ankara,Turkey-AIR000J3. But it doesnt write any date, so does it mean that they will come to my country again soon?

wonnafly
24th Nov 2010, 19:32
I suggest you to apply in the qatar sites, by the page that the link "Cabin Crew Recruitment in Ankara,Turkey-AIR000J3" opens.
They must invited you by mail as soon that they schedule in your country.
In the email you'll found everything : place, days, hours and what do you must have with you at the open day!:8
good luck! :)

sezo
24th Nov 2010, 21:26
I still don't understand. :( Do you mean that they will be coming to my country again if a lot of people apply from their website?

vapiano
25th Nov 2010, 11:27
loopsey,

mild scoliosis shouldn`t be a problem, my friend is having cobbs angle 3 degree, and she is flying in december! good luck :)

PAFTA
25th Nov 2010, 12:50
sezo:
updated open day date is 18.december on qatar web.site.but not for turkey.
from today to 18.dec. there isnt any open day in turkey(search qatar web.site using event date button.)
by the way,the last rec.day was 6.nov.in istanbul.
may it be easy.:))
regards

Faceted
25th Nov 2010, 12:55
Just keep checking the website, they update it every couple of weeks with new dates. I don't think it makes any difference how many people apply online, they seem to do almost monthly ODs.

wonnafly
25th Nov 2010, 14:00
no, I mean that when they'll answer at your apply, you'll know the date.
Happened to me..

sarahmbokwane
25th Nov 2010, 17:50
Hi guys can any one assist me with the ishihara method eye test doctor if theres one who will be able to perform test fo rme I'm in Pretoria.

Your response will be highly appreciated

:ok: Banks

ThatRedHatGirl
26th Nov 2010, 18:25
Sarah try the Medical & Health forum further down, lots of pilots require Ishihara plate tests so someone there should be able to help you! :)

loopsey
27th Nov 2010, 14:45
thank you vapiano.

would you know if i have to do a diff xray? as the clinic i went to just made a regular chest xray on me. maybe that's why qatar was asking for comments on my thoracic spine. uh. this is so stressful.

miffedlad
27th Nov 2010, 19:06
went to openday at gatwick today. was really surprised! one of the recruiters was a real mess. didn't expect that for qatar airways. had bright red shoes on and seemed to struggle with the language. other recruiter did most of the talking! woman in red shoes really didn't understand what people were asking her and didn't answer questions that people asked! then she had no idea what i was saying when she asked about my cv. couple of others said the same thing, she couldn't understand basic things! what an embarrassment!

did not get called back. not surprised, heard that they only recruit young immature pretty girls who are already crew at the moment. no wonder they struggle to keep their crew with recruiters like this!

really disappointed, expected a lot more from qatar airways and wont be applying again!

miffedlad
28th Nov 2010, 16:58
not talking about the hard working crew! im talking about the girls that left last month because they were sacked or couldnt hack it. heard that something like 20 brit girls left last month before reaching the end of the training. if they hired a wider selection of peeps they might get some more reliable staff.

pretty young girls like to go out and party.

vapiano
28th Nov 2010, 20:02
loopsey,

no need to do diff x-ray, i think that they have asked every single person to put a comment on a thoracic spine; just go to the same clinic you went and ask a doctor to write down few sentences about your spine.

Faceted
28th Nov 2010, 20:02
Hi guys, went to the open day at LGW. The presentation wasn't great as last week at Manchester to be honest, so I can see why people might be a little discouraged, but I don't think you should judge the whole airline by the recruiters this week.

I didn't get through to Day 2 either. I think it extra hard for the guys to get through but maybe that is just because the girls always look so perfect. I'm just going to keep trying, keep improving myself and eventually get in!

want_to_fly
28th Nov 2010, 21:30
Hi faceted! I like your positive attitude, keep it up! I failed to make it through to the 2nd day as well as I attended an OD in Brisbane yesterday. I know for a fact that it is harder for guys I make it through to Qatar because they separate trainings for male and females. And what I've been told from this forum a while ago is that they have more training classes for females and certain training dates for males too. I am a male and both times I've tried for Qatar I've failed to reach the 2nd day. But both times I've tried with emirates I've reached to the FI (but failed at getting the GC) and 2nd time just made it to the group stage. I think chances are more with emirates.. Bt for some reason I like Qatar more.

Good luck to everybody out there who wantsto be cc! We'll all get there one day and never give up!

quarkw
29th Nov 2010, 21:36
hello all
i have done 3days inverview and 3weeks done i still waiting mail.
im gonna write mail and ask about my application but i lost their mail adress can somebody give me the adress?

want_to_fly
30th Nov 2010, 03:39
Hi expatinaction!

Thank you for the insight. I have read in this forum that QR is very strict, like you have to be home before 10pm if you have work the next day and also no phones allowed if you are in uniform. Can you share some more insights some of the stringent rules and penalties for not following them?

Many thanks!

danja
30th Nov 2010, 07:52
hello people
can someone tell me what are unlimited ID90/ID50 tickets? ( i read in the advantages of working for Qatar article)
I have looked everywhere but couldn't find what are they?

Lucy.R
30th Nov 2010, 09:52
It means 50% and 90% cut off the price.

Expatinaction

Yes, please share more info about this company. Im planning to attend their open day but still dont know if it is good idea :ugh:

danja
30th Nov 2010, 10:38
wow 90% cut off price? and unlimited? this is really cool, you can go everywhere pay like you pay a bus ticket

want_to_fly
30th Nov 2010, 11:48
Yes though 90% cut off price is good, but apparently your seats aren't confirm. For example, your friend purchased an id 50 and yourself an id 90 and both are planning the same trip to new York. But then there is only 1 seat left, so who will the airline give the seat? To your friend whi laid higher. Same as if you would be competing with a customer, the airline would give it to whoever pays the highest

Ella2000
30th Nov 2010, 11:58
Hello Danja,

ID tickets are probably the best benefit that airlines provide for their employees.
For example you can fly from Europe to US and back for less than 100EUR. And ID00 are even better, you can fly for free if there is no tax applicable. I remember when I flew to JFK and back in J/Cl for 15EUR and YUL was even cheaper, 0EUR (free) :-).

And that is why I do not care about any rule in QR because ID and ZED tickets are worth everything. Yes, QR is not my first choice, but I would be extremely happy if I could join them at least.

danja
30th Nov 2010, 12:11
thank you Ella2000, lucy and want_to_fly. this ticket advantage is really good! i agree with you guys..

Ella2000
30th Nov 2010, 16:14
I am sorry to make you so irritated (that´s what I feel from your writing).

When I wrote about the tickets, I meant it in general. Each airline has its own rules about IDs and ZED agreements with other airlines.

It sometimes happens that the airport at the destination charge you no tax when you fly ID00 (or they just count some taxes and some not). I don´t remeber a lot things in my life (my mom could tell you :-D), but i do remeber that YUL ticket was for free. I had it recalculated twice and I was allowed to enter Canada border so it could happen.

And then the horror stories about space available seats and not getting in the plane and being stucked for a week or two in a destination? Well...
You can frighten all the newbies. But my experience is different. Some people can use it and some just say it´s risky and they stay home. In the last 5 years I have had an opportunity to fly and I have flown a lot. Some times I made more personal flights than my duty flight in one month. What you need is just a preparation and a back-up plan. In the whole 5 years I was refused to board only once (FRA-ORD) and about BKK, I was there at least 10 times and I was well prepared and always got on the flight I was planning to. What to say more: I am always lucky.

QR rules. My close friend was about to join, so I could see all the papers and restrictions. Then my batchmate from my former airline is currently with them. And he is very "bad" boy when regarding QR crazy rules and he is able to handle it.
I trust you and I trust all the stories about QR. But on the other hand I want to fly again, desperately. I am prepared to sacrifice all life to QR if they choose me what I doubt. Now you must be saying: Crazy girl!!! But I do love planes and I am flying addict.

Ella

danja
1st Dec 2010, 09:16
well all these reviews about Qatar Airways scares me.
I understand Doha is like a strict place and if Qatar airways makes it more strict when you get the job, then it really sucks.

to expatinaction

do they still control your life when you fly to abroad? like let's say you was a cabin crew in the Houston flight. So, you had to stay in houston for at least two days, during these 2 days are you free?
If this is the case, I mean if you are constantly going to abroad when you get the cabin crew job, then I don't care about the strict rules in Doha ( as I always go to abroad) do you understand what I mean? can you tell me about it?

want_to_fly
2nd Dec 2010, 00:05
Thanks for the insight of Qatar air expatinaction! Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I didn't make it through to the 2nd round! My luck with emirates has been better having tried 2 OD's with them and made it to the FI and failed, then made it to the 2nd round a year later. I think I'm going to stuck with emirates or etihad from now on. The rules set by Qatar and it's unexplained injustice has made me feel uncertain about living there. Also, males and females are separated and living in an all same gender compound! I'm also not too keen on having to be locked in my partmemt for 14 hrs if I have a home standby, I think that would kill me on the inside :s I love my social life and I love seeing friends out for dinner and stuff... Indont think I would have that kind of lifestyle with Qatar.

Thanks for the info expatinaction! God bless everyone :D

Lucy.R
2nd Dec 2010, 07:51
Yeees exactly Im very scared and couldnt live like this :eek: I dont understand how they can behave to people so terribly :confused: Very bad company. They would kick me out after my first flight :))

EA_cabincrew
2nd Dec 2010, 13:01
expatinaction

There are a lot of good points of what you've written here, I do agree with many of them, still if you don't mind, a couple of questions:

1. so then it's true you are not permitted to take your friends / common spouse with QR ID tickets? JUST travelling alone then, and once a year with your parents? :8
2. after 4 years of service, what position were you occupying, any promotion in these 4 years? what does it depend on?
3. what about your average pay, is it really much lower than at EK / EY?
4. what was your average block per month?

want_to_fly
3rd Dec 2010, 12:25
I'm so sorry you got fired... Even though you resigned! It is a bit funny how they run things in Doha. So they've sacked 30 crews because they all broke curfew? That is insane! I wonder how the country will things now that the 2022 world cup is going to be in Qatar! Do you think the government will lessen laws for foreigners to drink and be tolerant of drunk English, Aussies, Germans, spaniards and most other Europeans on the street after a game? But I'm excited for Qatar now because there will be more developments in Doha leading up to the FIFA world cup! But momma did not raise no fool, with what I've been told I think I might just stay away. Like I said my chances are better with emirates!

Expatnaction thankyou again for your insight. Wish you the best in whatever you have planned for your future! I hope to serve you onboard soon :D

vapiano
3rd Dec 2010, 13:16
you scared me totally. i am going in 10 days to doha.

bagsybtmbunk
3rd Dec 2010, 13:48
All sounds horrendous there. No wonder my friend has left for BA MF.

chiu1409
3rd Dec 2010, 14:14
Hi..
Is anybody flying to Doha in December..
Training starts on 20th of december..
I'm fling on the 17th Dec..

vapiano
3rd Dec 2010, 21:48
i am flying in december, training starts on 13th.
what about the first salary, when do we receive it?
on 20th of december or january?

sleepingbeauty87
4th Dec 2010, 02:03
when is the expected date for qatar airways to hire in the philippines?:confused:

miffedlad
4th Dec 2010, 08:57
Seriously, you should go to one of the UK papers with this.

people are pissed off about the worldcup bid (even though we had no chance and to be honest i don't personally care) but the papers would love a story like this. i've spoken to other people who work for qatar as well and they all agree with you. it seems like qatar airways is getting increasingly racist towards it's western crew members. the recruiters recruit based 100% on looks for day 1, which is highly illegal in the european union. i was going to give the leeds open day a shot, but not now.

QATAR AIRWAYS = EVIL!

GraceC
4th Dec 2010, 09:32
I was rejected from QR half year ago in the final interview. I sent six months doing other things and wait for my restricct application period. Now it's goanna expire next week, I was planning to fly to Chongqing on 17th Dec. for the recruit there. BTW, I'm in China.

QR had a Open day today in Shanghai, over 300 applications, only 19 people got through to Assessment day, What a crap! I haven't been paying attention to QR for a while, is the company changing the police about it's interivew? Cuz in China in the past, normally would have 300-500 application, around 80 to Assessment day, around 25 to group discussion and around 10 to final interview.

Anyhow, I'm going to give it a try in Chongqing on 18th, wish me luck~~~

BTW, I'm a question, is that the case that QR keep all records of applications? My last final interview was a disaster, wonder if it will cast any negative influence this time:(

hahamong
5th Dec 2010, 19:04
hey everybody here
i see a lot of you angry about qatar,i have friends ex-crew too,they were working for qatar and they told me the same stories but i'm still trying to apply for qatar because i have a crappy job and i don't think qatar can be any worse,and a cabin crew was always my dream but i already appliead four times on the open days and i never even get the 1st call, i really don't know what they want,i went like a cabin crew,all groomed and i even have a cabin crew like suit ,i even made it half way with emirates and FI with eitihad but i didn't get lucky, now it's the fifth time i will go, and i have to travel so more money to spend but i'm afraid i won't make it again,i don't know what i'm doing wrong,any body with and idea here,, i read someone said they chose beautiful cutie girls,omg i think they don't have that good taste,they chose flashy party girl and not the proffessional beautiful one, i even think i will put lady's gaga make up haha (just kidding we have to laugh it off =)
so someone to tell me what should i do i really want to get pick even for the 1St cut,cause even my parents are tired giving me money to travel and comeback crying after
thaaank yooou

want_to_fly
5th Dec 2010, 22:30
Hi there hahamng

I'm on the same boat as you. I've tried Qatar twice and failed to make it to the group stage, I've tried emirates twice and both times I've made it to FI (which I didn't get the job later) and then the group stage as well. With Etihad at least I got invited to the AD once. I know it can be very unmotivated at times and makes you feel useless, but the key thing is to ask yourself what are you really after. If it's cabin crew all you can think about all day long (like me) then it's probably saying you want to be cabin crew. Keep trying, dont let failure push you down and use it as a motivation to keep you going. I'm a guy and chances for us to be cabin crew are less than girls, but I'm going to keep trying anyway. I'm going to put out my faith to God that he's goin to let this dream of mine happen. So you must have that faith too! Maybe gve Qatar a miss, and concentrate on etihad or emirates.

Maybe one day we'll be at training college together!

See you soon and God bless!

hahamong
7th Dec 2010, 08:57
hi want_to_fly (http://www.pprune.org/members/290880-want_to_fly)

thank you for you cheerful reply,i'm still trying but then again i don't even get the call for the next day after the open day four times in a row ,so i must be doing something wrong:sad: and yes i dream about being a cabin crew all day i even wanna applies for low coast sometimes but i don't to get myself exhausted before getting to work with a big compagny
i hope this job is a part of my destiny

Lenz
7th Dec 2010, 09:16
I previously had an invitation to join the preliminary selection for qatar airways cabin crew. Im having doubts of showing up because my arm's reach is below 212 cms. I am 5.15 in height and just 200cms arm reach. Is it possible to get in to this job? Because if it's strictly 212 cms then i'd rather not waste my time to go on the 17th of this month.

Hope i can get a reply.

Thanks!

Rawasia
8th Dec 2010, 21:42
hi i might be completely new to this thing..
but as you all and me have the same interest of being in qatar can i ask...
WHERE ARE YOU ALL APPLYING FROM?
thru a website or so..
i searched ol the forums here nothing helped....
Gracias.

steph_02
10th Dec 2010, 09:17
Hi

Anyone have an idea if QR is hiring in doha? I mean do they also have like an OD there? I'm planning to have a vacation there on Jan. next year. I applied online 2 weeks ago, but until now, haven't heard from them. Anyone here tried to apply in doha? Thanks

Flyingpig07
10th Dec 2010, 09:59
I just going to walk in. You don`t need to apply or register to attend Qatar Open Days. Just check the event dates online on they website.

steph_02
12th Dec 2010, 10:50
I really want to attend the OD in chongqing china, unfortunately, i can't due to conflict on my schedule. Does anyone have an idea if they will hire again here in china early next year? (jan. or feb.) I checked their site, but there's no schedule yet for OD next year..

Mari
13th Dec 2010, 02:52
Sure, they will. They are hiring non-stop.

1988ukcc
14th Dec 2010, 11:46
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my Qatar recruitment process experience with you.
I attended an open day in Manchester and was successful in being invited back. I attended the next day for group discussion, English test and height test. Group discussion was staight forward and also the English test. I am about 5"3 and when it came to the height test I struggled to touch the required mark (I was just below the mark), I was measured against one of the recruitment officers and was through to the final interview. Final interview came and it was one of the easiest interviews I have had, it was more of a discussion on what I had wrote on the application form. I would say I had a maximum of 5 interview questions which were your obvious cabin crew interview questions. I have been to 3 airline interviews ranging from a low cost airline and charter upto Qatar Airways a 5 star airline and out of the 3 Qatar Airways was the easiest of them all. To me if your face fits then Qatar will want you no matter what you say or what your experience is. I was told to produce more photographs for final interview, I wasnt at home so I was told to e mail more photos over after interview. My advice here is to have proffessional photos as I was told to re take my photos on several occassions which was very stressful, your photos have to be perfect. I was told 3 week to wait for a response after final interview, all in all i think I waited 4 weeks and got a phone call telling me I had the job and to start my medical. Just as I thought all the stress was over, the medical was even worse. You are told to complete it in 2 days which is impossible, my recruitment advisor was very good and lenient with time. I managed to get all my tests done xray and bloods which isnt cheap infact it cost me around the £600 mark, all was ok and I sent them back. On the questionnaire I had to declare I was on medication, not for anything major but I am under a consultant and being monitored once a year. I declared all of this and was asked to provide more tests and reports, I did this and sent them back and within a week I had an e mail back "sorry but we will not be taking your application any further". My advice for all of those who are thinking about open days is really think Qatar through because it could be an expensive lesson to learn. I was gutted when I recieved my email for failing the medical for somthing so minor, it was always my dream to work for Qatar or Emirates, I have just come to terms with the fact that that will never happen.

I wish everybody luck with open days and hope you have good experiences xx

Ella2000
14th Dec 2010, 17:48
Hi,

I am sorry that they turned you down because of medicals. You should not have mentioned the medication thing. Never mention anything what isn´t visible or findable. Example: My grandma had cancer and under underwent a mastectomy in early 80s. Now she is still alive and she will turn 88 soon.
-Typical question: Have you or you family member ever been treated with cancer?
-Answer: NO (My answer will be NO, NEVER)
They can easily focus on any MINOR thing and then you will get rejection email for nothing. Be careful what you write on your questionnaires!

Try again and be smart.
Ella

ThatRedHatGirl
14th Dec 2010, 18:47
Hahahaha, another one who thinks airline recruiters don't read these forums.... this is too funny...

Too bad if they find out you lied...

Flyingpig07
14th Dec 2010, 21:54
I don`t think anyone could get rejected for having someone who been treated for cancer in they family. Almost everyone have a member in they family unfortunately who been treated, so I don`t think it really does matter...
Same with heart problems and high blood pressure. Your granny`s high blood pressure is not a reason for you to be rejected as long you are healthy.

1988ukcc
15th Dec 2010, 08:11
I would never lie about somthing on a medical. You never know what could happen in Doha, if I was to be poorly because of somthing I hadnt mentioned in my medical my health insurance would become void. Never lie on medicals, although lieing about somthing a family member had or has is a bit different to somthing you have personally.
I'm over the experience now infact I'am actually relieved after reading these forums. I just take good things from the experience, for example I was able to get through the interview and pass, it was just the medical which let me down.
Good luck to the rest of you going to Qatar open days and going through the medical process xx

Mari
15th Dec 2010, 15:56
Guys, it doesn't reaaly matter! If you have any pre-existing condition, you are NOT covered. Anyways, QR is very strict, they don't take anyone who doesn't provide 100% what they want. My friend was rejected by QR and taken by EK. Read back: lots of the people failed the QR medicals due to minor things! A friend of mine failed in Europe as she declared a medication she is taking. She didn't make this mistake with EK and she's in! Your health insurance is sucks in the Middle-East anyways, keep your insurance at home if you can.

Ella2000
18th Dec 2010, 15:15
1988ukcc: I just wanted to help you. You should have stopped by earlier, we would advise you that you will never pass the medicals with your medication issue and that would prevent you from spending 600 GBP for nothing. From your writing I thought that your condition is only temporary. But you must know better. Sorry, I just wanted to help.

for the others: My health is perfect for now. BTW I renew my medical class 1 certificate regulary (mandatory for pilots, ATC), for CC medical class 2 is enough. But on the other hand I know doctors and their statistics and if there is too many BUTs or YES on your questionnaire why they should risk... Maybe I saw too many destroyed lives for nothing or maybe you live in a perfect world.

for expatinaction: Insurance is all about statistics and mathematics. Do not trust insurance companies so much. They are not happy if they have to pay for anything... And in the end you will end up with empty hands whatever you initial intensions were. My experience, but I do not live in a perfect world.

about ROs: Of course they read these forums. Why not? They are people like us and this is public area so if they want to read it, they read it. No big deal... And I am afraid of it.

Have a nice weekend.

ThatRedHatGirl
19th Dec 2010, 12:27
Ella that was exactly my point. ROs read here and it's not too hard for them to figure out who some of these applicants are. They post AD dates, what stage they got to, where they are from...

all I was saying is if people are going to lie or do sneaky things (like attend before 6 months is up) then it's probably smarter not to post it here, as the ROs would see!!!

Youyito
19th Dec 2010, 18:07
Hello People :)

Is it true that QR and Ek have an agreement and they don't hire anyone from the other company until a year after they resigned the work?

I mean... If I work for Qatar airways my three years contract and then i leave... I should wait one more year to apply with Emirates? Or vice versa?

Another question will be... Does anyone know how much hipermetropy is addmited for the medicals? Emirates is quite kind in that point.
Thank you!

Thank you in advance!!

Youyito
19th Dec 2010, 20:53
Is is true too that in the reach test the male applicants cannot be in their tiptoes as girls?

Phewwww

Flyingpig07
19th Dec 2010, 21:38
Youyito: yes it is true, but they do not have this agreement with Etihad. Yes, the second one is true as well, male applicants can`t be on tiptoes, but you do not have to remove your shoes.

Youyito
19th Dec 2010, 22:56
Thanks flyinpig07

But i still dont understand the things hahahaha... I know people who has left qatar to join Emirates.... Maybe they lied in their cv's?? But i dont wanna think so...

Well i've tested myself.... I think i can reach 212 with my shoes... But i'll test just to be sure... :p

when uses QR to publish their upcoming OD list? I imagine we'll need some time if we're trying to attend.

Flyingpig07
20th Dec 2010, 00:05
I don`t understand it either, but that`s how it is..:hmm: as far as I know.
I am sure they will publish the upcoming dates very soon! Good luck!!! :)

PAFTA
21st Dec 2010, 12:37
hi everbody....
at the end of jan.2011 my training batch will start....
today ı received e-ticket and visa but still l havent exact clearance about these;
- internet connection(as soon as ı reach to doha can l use net?ıs there possibility?
-mobile phone-gsm etc.
-bank account. Will QR direct me about these stages?
ıf experienced QR staff share their advice,ıt would be appreciated.
best regards

Flyingpig07
21st Dec 2010, 13:49
Hi everybody :)
Does anybody know if it is true that Qatar Airways wont take anyone with any kind of manager or senior steward/stewardess experience?

ATE
22nd Dec 2010, 10:24
hi all i am writing to get some advice. I am an Australian male who was interviewed in sydney in october and got through to FI. I was asked to send photos, resume and academic transcripts to Qatar. I was told i would hear back for the result in 3 weeks. It has now been 2 months. i sent a polite letter the other day to enquire on the status of my application and i was told my application was put on hold. I am thinking this is a polite way to tell me my application was not sucessful. I really want to work for Qatar.
Could anyone shed any light on their experiences for me please or give any advice.
Thanks and Regards
ATE :ok:
PS are there any aussies on this forum???

Flyingpig07
22nd Dec 2010, 12:57
On hold email is not rejection ;) I am sure they will contact you as soon they can find a place for you in one of the male training courses.

Daj
23rd Dec 2010, 12:06
ATE

I also got an E-mail that my application was currently on-hold yesterday, and I've waited more than 3 weeks. I know that the recruiter has been out of office for 1 month and she came back a week ago I think, so that's maybe why it takes a little bit longer than usual. I'll hope you'll get successful!

QatarIsEvil
24th Dec 2010, 03:07
Qatar Airways are one of the worst airlines to work for right now.

There is a huge amount of racism towards any Western crew by the Indian and Asians. Head Office have ABSOLUTELY no compassion or care for the crew at all. You are a number to them. They will sack you for the smallest thing, such as if they find a cigarette packet in your apartment. SERIOUSLY! Anyone can tell tales on you and they will, especially the racists!

The rules are the most strict out of any airline with stupid curfews that are about to get even worse.

I could go on, but I don't want to get too specific and get others in trouble!

Honestly, please, please, please avoid this airline. If you don't believe me, do your research online, people don't stay with Qatar Airways for a reason. If you ignore this warning, you will live to regret it, guaranteed!!

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

asiandragonfly
6th Jan 2011, 07:50
Im planning to go to Bahrain for the Open Day. anyone here who is coming? :) Also, during the previous ODs in Bahrain, are there a lot of applicants?