PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Emma Gemma
8th Jun 2011, 15:21
Not any more but let me know if you need anything else and I will do everything I can to assist you!

kittyqa
9th Jun 2011, 04:59
faith g,
did you obtain your medical clearance from qatar?? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now for the result of my medical clearance, I did the FORM B, is that normal??:( can somebody please help?

Hi Ms. Emma! may I know how long does it take to obtain the medical clerance from the doctors if you did the form B? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now. TIA

katarko
9th Jun 2011, 06:55
Sometimes only few days and sometimes one month...
That's just because of procedure....

There is QRMC (qatar airways medical center) with few doctors.
And then, these doctors are doing their daily duties: every day they must to check new AB initio for initial medical, then - sick crew (daily sick situation and medical check to provide certificate) etc etc etc...

In meantime they are checking papers and documents that recruitment assistant updated and then after that doctor can give you the clearence.

If they dont inform you in first 5 days, dont worry - its not your time yet.
:)

They will do it during 3-4 weeks, dont panic.

kittyqa
9th Jun 2011, 08:52
thank you so much for the insight katarko...I was losing hope..now I felt a little bit at ease..

loloy101
9th Jun 2011, 11:00
@ Emma, I hope you won't mind me asking why you left Qr?

TIA

king_to_noh
9th Jun 2011, 15:24
God is so good! God heard what I asked and prayed for! QR brought back their age requirement to 21. Before they posted 23 y/o applicant can only apply for the Cabin Crew position, maybe there were no applicants applying for it so they brought it back again to 21. I'm very happy and excited.

May 31, 2011 they emailed me to attend the OD, AD and FI starting June 4th but I didn't go because I thought that they have still the 23 y/o requirement, but as I look onto the details on their website I freaked out and smiled! Shocked and shaking (it is not a O.A. reaction for an eager person) that they have changed the requirement to 21!

I should attended it......because that OD, AD and FI is only for Male applicant so there is no hassle as per OD Female occupy all seats! Thanks God!

MissUAE
9th Jun 2011, 16:41
How many Recruiters come to the Open Day?

Is said that they need many Cabin Crews, but in the end they send the successful email to 3 persons.
3 persons * 20 countries= They already have 60 Cabin Crews.
That's it. :ouch:

Good good good luck...

Emma Gemma
9th Jun 2011, 19:34
loloy101: I was with QR for three and a half years before I resigned. Sooner or later you have to move on and do something else! I had a good time with them, even though that they were very strict, but I wouldn't want to be without the experience.

Mari
9th Jun 2011, 19:48
Yes, I remember you writing that things were much more different in your time. There was no curfew and the company was way smaller. You left around 8 years ago - if I remember well - and many things have changed since. Do you still live in Doha or do you fly for a different company?

Mari
10th Jun 2011, 11:53
If it's normal, you will be fine. Remember, DO NOT MENTION any medical history that might lower your chances!!!!!!! (For individual cases: read back in this thread.)

Do the shorter medicals.

Emma Gemma
10th Jun 2011, 15:40
I remember that QR only had around 20 destinations and just a few aircraft (A300 and A320) when I joined! We were also less than 300 cabin crew if I remember correctly.

I don't live in Doha and after leaving QR I never returned to flying again. It was just a great experience to travel the world and meet some great people!

FaithG
12th Jun 2011, 12:41
Hello!
I am still waiting for my medical clearance. I haven't heard from them since May 3rd. I have heard that medical clearance can even take monthssss!
All we have to do is to keep waiting.
Patience!
Good luck to all of thoses waiting to be cleared!

FaithG
15th Jun 2011, 21:49
I just want to know when (month) QA training starts normally.

kittyqa
16th Jun 2011, 04:50
my friend will be leaving on the 25th and her commencement date will be on the 28th, but her flight schedule before was 2nd of july and her commencement day was on suppose to be on the 5th of july. did you get any reply from QA about your medicals? i received a reply asking me to repeat some tests 5 days ago (waited for almost 15 days) but until now I'm not yet done with it...:ugh:

cley_babe
16th Jun 2011, 12:01
hi anad79,

i was rejected when i first applied last january. I think the 6-month rule does not apply to them. I reapplied last may and got accepted. I mentioned to them the dates of my last application and they did not seem to care whether I reached 6 months or not. I am now waiting for my medical results. Good luck! =)

FaithG
16th Jun 2011, 12:56
First, I want to wish you good luck on your medicals. I haven't received my clearance yet :ugh:. It's been 2 months since I have received the congratulatory e-mail, and a month and a half since I have received the last medicals. I have read that some had to wait for 2 or 3 months :ooh:. All we have to do is to be patient!
Good luck!

kartomag
16th Jun 2011, 14:11
Hello everyone!

Would anyone here know if QR hires in Doha? I mean, do they conduct Open Days here as they do all over the world? I have arrived just recently and would like to know how I could possibly submit my CV to apply. Anyone with ideas, care to share? Or any advice please? Thanks very much! :)

Capish
17th Jun 2011, 05:34
Hello, everyone!
Does anyone know if QA has recruited any males lately?

FaithG
17th Jun 2011, 22:20
Hello!
Is there any Moroccan girl in here that is waiting to be cleared as well?

cley_babe
18th Jun 2011, 02:47
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how long do we have to wait for them to contact us about our medical clearance? I finished mine more than a week ago but until know I still haven't heard from them. And do we really need to provide the dental x-ray? Because the clinic who did my medicals did not conduct dental x-ray on us but the form given by QR requires it. Can anyone help me? I will appreciate your response a lot. Thanks!

hi kittyqa,

Are you from the Philippines? Did you apply in Iloilo? How long did you have to wait before you were contacted about your medicals? I finished mine more than a week ago. I haven't heard from them yet until now.

kittyqa
18th Jun 2011, 06:39
Hi! Im not hired in the philipines I've waited for 3 weeks for the first result of my medical clearance, then they asked me to repeat some tests..:ugh:

Tinker Bell
19th Jun 2011, 08:45
Hi cley_bey,

It really takes a lot of time/patience. If you have read in the previous threads that HR & Medical Dept are very busy to reply on when we really expect. Others took 1-3months. For me it took only a week and I'm thankful for that. As long as your not sick/requiring medical attention and all your results are negative then you will get QR's clearance.

All the Best! :-)

FaithG
19th Jun 2011, 13:49
I just want to informyou that I have received an email this morning from a recruioter telling me that I have not obtained medical clearance:{.
I still think Qatar Airways is the best company ever! I have allways been looking up to Qatar flight attendants :) but is seems that it's an impossibility.
Good luck for all in obtaining the clearance. Keep the faith!

Capish
20th Jun 2011, 05:40
Thank you juan_cabrera, ı will give it a shot then :)
(http://www.pprune.org/members/360508-juan_cabrera1985)

cley_babe
20th Jun 2011, 06:48
Hi faithG,

Do you know which part of the medical exam did you fail?

Did everyone submit a dental x-ray for the medical exam? I haven't and I am worried that I might not pass the medicals because I don't have a complete set of teeth.. :oh:

kittyqa
20th Jun 2011, 06:53
what do you think was the problem why you didn't pass? did they ask you to repeat some tests or do you have other medical history that needs attention?

riper85
20th Jun 2011, 17:01
Hi everyone!

Just did my medicals for Qatar Airways and i found out that i have kyphosis with Cobs angle of 16 degrees.
Have you any idea if i will pass the medical exams?

Thanks in advance,

imlovinit143
21st Jun 2011, 08:25
^ I believe they only accept applicants who have up to 15degrees scoliosis.

I also did not obtain medical clearance from them. :( I can't really understand why, I am not suffering from any medical condition though.

Anyone knows how soon can I reapply? Keep the faith!

riper85
21st Jun 2011, 09:41
@imlovinit143 - are they that strict? for one degree?

imlovinit143
21st Jun 2011, 11:47
you should've done your xray twice just to make sure it really is 16 degrees before passing them the results. I would have to say yes, that they're that strict. But who knows? Keep believing and the results may be favorable to you. :)

riper85
21st Jun 2011, 12:36
@imlovinit143

well i'll do tommorow another one.
i didn't send them the report, i'll wait for a second opinion.

the sky
21st Jun 2011, 23:18
Hi everyone,

I would like to say congratulation :Dfor those who got they clearance medical.
i just received the congra-email from QA and i'm doing the medical test now i have few questions they asked me to do only the Xray, blood test and visual test and plus audio and that's all and to fill all the pre medical form plus all the reports from doctor in English hope that's fine guys i heard from previous post that they usually two types of pre medical form A and B , they sent me only A form to fill and the didn't ask me to do the dental X ray it's ok to doubt check with them :confused:

Hope to hear from your experience and i think it depend how much time to hear from them regarding the Medical clearance ,

Interview was on the 6th June
congratulation email20th June
and the rest let's see
Cheers guys anyone here from Morroco :p

imlovinit143
22nd Jun 2011, 01:34
@riper85: Good luck! ;) hope it will turn out fine this time. :)

@juan_cabrera1985: don't be nervous, sure the results did have technicalities, but yeah, I was cleared and turned out to be healthy. They didn't explain because of the confidentiality and all. Guess it isn't my time with them yet. :) Just be very careful in sending them the results. They see every minute detail of it. If in case they see you to be a risky candidate - then it's a no. Well that's my theory though. :p

@the sky: best of luck with your medicals! :D

KiErA
22nd Jun 2011, 04:10
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

riper85
22nd Jun 2011, 09:20
@imlovinit143 - nope not that lucky, is worse - now it's 18.

savannah
23rd Jun 2011, 14:02
Hi all,
I am a young lady of 22, and i have an interview coming up in a couple of days, I really need this job! could anyone be kind and take time to PM me on what to expect, dress code and overall, like what type of make-up i shouldnt wear etc, im kinda nervous......
any lead or help would be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance

NJF
23rd Jun 2011, 15:17
Hey all,
Anyone knows how long it takes to get the visa? I was supposed to be traveling tomorrow but untill today I didn't receive the visa, and when I ask them they don't give me a straight answer! I don't think they are gonna send it tomorrow or after coz its the weekend, anyone has the same problem?

Brian Cohen
23rd Jun 2011, 16:14
Outstanding job folks!

World Airline Awards Make Trip to Asia as Qatar Takes Top Honor - AOL Travel News (http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/06/23/world-airline-awards-make-trip-to-asia-as-qatar-takes-top-honor/)

KarlaBee
24th Jun 2011, 04:52
Hi All!! Been reading this thread for days now, and I have not read about anyone attending an OD in USA.. How often does QR hold recruitment here in USA? :hmm:

cley_babe
24th Jun 2011, 11:35
I just finished my medicals and it was found that I have Dextroscoliosis at 12.7 degrees Cobb's Angle. Does anyone know if this can fail me with medicals? I heard that the acceptable angle is up to 15 degrees but we can never be so sure because they may be very strict on this case. I am so worried because I really want to pass. :sad:

FaithG
24th Jun 2011, 22:13
Thank you Kittyqa and cley_babe for your concern. I think the reason I was rejected was my scoliosis, but I have heard before that QR allows 15° max and I have less 7.8°. I am totally confused. Anyway I wish all the best for you.
I hope all of you will get the clearance soon.

cley_babe
25th Jun 2011, 02:39
@FaithG

Oh my, you only have 7.8 but still got rejected? Mine is 12.7! This means I have a rare chance of passing. :{ Do you have an accredited agency or clinic there in Morocco that assists you throughout the entire process? Here in the Philippines, we were issued Fit to Work certificate first before we were asked to forward the medical reports to QR. Is it the same in your country?

SHEILACC
27th Jun 2011, 06:00
hey everybody,

Thank you to all that have posted about their experiences. They have been helpful a lot. just a quick question. what kind of photos did you submit? The colour of the background, the posture, please let me know. want to apply again. the last time i did a blue background and put one leg infront.

your responses and advice will highly be appreciated.

cheers!!

cyno
27th Jun 2011, 09:27
hi sheillac,am new in this forum.I have read you have posted that you want to apply for Qatar.Are they recruiting in
Kenya again?Have they posted it in their website?I have tried checking but I have not seen Kenya in their upcoming recruitment events.I was hoping you could tell me where it was posted.I have been reading most of the posts in PPrune and it kind of become a motivation for me not to give up on what I want I wish you the best in your application.

akoti19
27th Jun 2011, 11:21
hi there,as for Kenya,they advertised theirs in the newspaper and the deadline for sending your details is on the 7th of July.you can do so by box mail delivery or drop it yourself at their offices.
hi shellac,how did it go?

SHEILACC
28th Jun 2011, 05:38
hey Cyno and Akoti19,

Qatar is recruiting again in Kenya. Check even todays paper. its there.

Akoti19, the deadline for is 9th July. I will get my photos done this weekend and drop my application on Monday.

All the best to those applying. Hope we will get the email this time round.

cheers!

the sky
28th Jun 2011, 12:14
Hey Juan,

Congratulation on your medical clearance :Di sent mine two days ago everything is ok i have no health problems from previous post some people mentioned it take 3 to 6 weeks to get the clearance glad to hear it depend i hope to get mine soon as well :) are u travelling next month :) did they sent you the contract first and then the visa:confused:

ughostess
28th Jun 2011, 13:05
[Text speak]

Qattie
28th Jun 2011, 14:54
for some countries they do not issue a "fit to work" stamp like the ones we have in the philippines, they just follow what is on the qatar medical form and gives all of the necessary supporting documents to prove that the tests are legitimate.

cyno
28th Jun 2011, 16:37
if you read in their website they have clearly stated that anybody is welcome to attend their od or ad(if invited) in any country as long as you can take care of your travel and accommodation expenses.check their website for for information. you can forward your pictures and resume/curriculum vitae to, Qatar Airways, Barclays Plaza, P.Box 49771-00100 Nairobi,Kenya. Akoti 19 and Sheilacc, thanks for the heads up.Goodluck to all of us applying for the ad.

lilibue
28th Jun 2011, 18:20
yes Qatar is back to Kenya and i am so excited,i am sending my application tomorrow hope for all the best:ok:

torneiro
29th Jun 2011, 00:49
Hi there,

Almost 2 weeks waiting for the medical clearance from them... probably more weeks without news are coming... patience is a virtue. ;)

Anyone knows if QR is still accommodating crew at Ain Khalid Gate, I know is where the pilots are, but also some male cabin crew, at least in past they were being accommodated there.

I read on GMC.com (Architecture developerīs website), that QR has a new complex of buildings for cabin crew, itīs said that the buildings were supposed to be concluded late 2010, I canīt get more info than this, even the location nor the status construction.

Someone has references about the current accommodation of cabin crew whoīs getting in at the moment?

Thanks, success to everyone!

PS. I am from Portugal and in a medical waiting process.. anyone in the same situation?

Qattie
29th Jun 2011, 04:31
I have just received my cleared medical yesterday! after the long wait..indeed patience is a virtue..:ok: I did my final interview on the 25th of april, received my congratulatory letter on the 1st of may and I choose the excruciating form B...:eek:went back and forth with some tests results for a month..but it was all worth it! :)

ughostess
29th Jun 2011, 06:09
hello Cyno,

thanks so so much for the information and address. iam going to take the pictures on sunday and DHL the documents on monday. am excited and nervous for this journey that iam starting and am going to keep positive.
God bless you. thank you again:D and keep in touch.

Quattie,
congs and keep praying for us.

fagirl
29th Jun 2011, 14:06
I have a question! In the phils, do they put stamps that says "fit to work"? My friend is worried because she finshed her medicals but she ddnt notice a fit to work stamp on her documents. She asked the person in charge of the medical clinic if all results were normal, and she said it was all normal. All my friend noticed was "MBC" Does that mean anything? Thanks for all the help.

Qattie
29th Jun 2011, 18:27
I don't have an idea what MBC means but not all of the clinics/hospital in the philippines issues a "fit to work" stamp on their medicals.

Qattie
29th Jun 2011, 18:29
I will be traveling on the 30th of july too!!! see you there. :)

the sky
29th Jun 2011, 19:12
Hey there,

We are in the same boat i'm waiting for my medical clearance too i sent it like 4 days ago only and i'm wondering how much longer it will take i have all ok no probelm health at all :p, if you get any news please update me
I'm from morroco , i had the FI on the 6th June , best of luck to all of us :"),

Cheers

Soufiya

the sky
29th Jun 2011, 19:16
Hi Qattie,

Happy for you can you tell me how many days did you wait till you get your medical clearance:O.

Thank you :ok:

Qattie
29th Jun 2011, 19:24
my final interview was on the 25th of April, received my congratulatory email on the 1st of May then I choose form B submitted the test results on the 6th of May went back and forth with them,completed all the medical requirements on the 22nd of May waited for 15days then they asked me to repeat a couple of tests then after 2 weeks I provided everything that they needed then after 3 days I received the clearance from them. :)

the sky
29th Jun 2011, 19:36
Hey Qattie ,

Thank you for the quick response i had my Final interview the 6th June and then i got the Congratulation email on 20th June , i sent the medical reports on the 26th .They reply quick and i hear lot of stories about delay , i hope to hear from them soon :))))) and did they send you your contract yet ?:D
Btw they sent me only one the form A to fill .

Qattie
29th Jun 2011, 19:48
I think they are in a hurry for recruitment...that's good! just do the form A its less painful than form B :ugh:, there are only delays usually if the applicant chooses form B which is a more detailed medical form because they have to go through a lot of tests...hopefully you will get a response from them right away, I haven't receive my contract yet but they are asking me to resign from my present company. good luck! hope to see you in Doha! :)

torneiro
30th Jun 2011, 00:35
Hi everyone,

Just to keep you guys aware of my situation..

I had my final interview on the 16th of May, received my congratulatory email on the 30th of May and sent my medicals on the 16th of June...

Who are in the same situation as me, were you offered 1 year contract as well?

Still looking for info about the male accommodation issue that I mentioned on the previous email!

Good luck to everyone!

the sky
30th Jun 2011, 13:47
Guys i'm ready to fly, i got my medical clearance today ;), My Flt on te 16th and the trainin start the 18th anyone going in the same date

Best of luck to all :)))))))))))))

katarko
8th Jul 2011, 07:24
100% true!!!

I also worked for them...
The worst experience ever in my life. They have enough place for crew since each month around 400 crew is leaving the company (even more: 50% is leaving because they can't work there anymore, and another 50% is fired).

the sky
8th Jul 2011, 11:55
Hey guys

Any idea about the female building:confused:, i will be there next week .

I heard all the new stuff have to stay in Oryx Rotana for a week

I dunno ,

Cheers

fedui
8th Jul 2011, 13:29
what are the reasons to get fired?? Seems like the fire a lot of people...almost for no reason?

flybyevery1
9th Jul 2011, 12:39
hi guys!!! im done with my medical exams and it says im fit to fly. they will send all the medical results to doha and from there they will inform me of my status and if i could proceed to visa processing. I would like to ask what kind of medical exam shall i expect in doha once i get there just in case i would be accpeted for the next process?? thanks everyone!

Qattie
10th Jul 2011, 15:08
I'm bound to Doha on the 30th, but they said if I fail the medicals in Doha they have the right to send me back in my country of origin.:eek: I did the form B and all of my results seemed to be normal, what should I expect with their medicals?

flybyevery1
11th Jul 2011, 06:29
i would like to ask you when you submitted your medical results how long do you have to wait for them to inform you about the result? ive been told the medicals in doha are just the same with your medical exams done in your country of origin. but i just want to make sure.

Qattie
11th Jul 2011, 15:35
I did form B which takes quite a while.. I waited for about two weeks for the result, then they asked me to repeat some tests..after I have submitted the tests I got the medical clearance after 3 days. They would look at every aspect of your medical even the smallest detail..I think they wanted everything to be perfect, just to make sure that they won't be sending you home..but I'm still feeling apprehensive about it even though I know that I passed my medicals here..I just guessed that the medicals in Doha might be more complicated. :uhoh:

the sky
11th Jul 2011, 16:53
Dear qattie hope you doing well,;)

I'm going to Doda in 4 days don't worry i will tell you guys exactly about the medical examen and the training , accomodation ,:O

I notice few people really bother to reply:bored: anyway best of luck to all .

see you soon in Doha INSHALAH .

flybyevery1
12th Jul 2011, 03:48
dont worry everything will be fine. I took form A which is quite complicated but at least its done an the results are ok. hopefully they will give me medical clearance soon. hehe. Good luck!!

cley_babe
12th Jul 2011, 22:07
Hi everyone!

I just got my clearance last night! August 6 is my travel date. Is anyone here travelling on that date too?

Hope to see you all in Doha! :ok:

flybyevery1
13th Jul 2011, 00:41
Congrats and goodluck in Doha!! :D You can make it. Favor please Just inform us about the medical examinations in Doha and what to prepare. Thanks a lot!

SHEILACC
13th Jul 2011, 09:02
Hi guys,

Hope you all well. Congratulations to all those who have received their clearances and those waiting hold in there.

Anyone from Nairobi, Kenya who has received the invite for the AD? Kindly update us.

Cheers :ok:

ughostess
13th Jul 2011, 13:05
Hello sheilacc and ruguru,

i also applied with qatar from uganda and my application got to the offices on tuesday 5th/07/11 so iam now waiting for an invite. iam thinking they will contact us may be end of month since the deadline was 9th july.let us all keep positive and pray for an opportunity with them.

blues
13th Jul 2011, 15:25
Just wondering how does the training goes with ramadan?

Kemarw
13th Jul 2011, 21:45
Hey everyone, i recently found out that Qatar Airways is recruiting in the Caribbean. In the reach test, how high did you have to reach... ???

Ruguru
14th Jul 2011, 10:43
well we just have to wait and see although am not as psyched up as i was last tym.... :suspect:

rfortupino
14th Jul 2011, 13:50
Just wondering how does the training goes with ramadan?
It's just the same. Maybe the cafeteria in 7th floor might be closed during daytime. Ramadan doesn't affect training at all.

Ramadan does affect the flights, specially Intragulf sectors, much easier, as alcohol is not loaded :=

Hey guys

Any idea about the female building, i will be there next week .

I heard all the new stuff have to stay in Oryx Rotana for a week

I dunno ,

Cheers
Don't complain about that!! That's great! At least, you'll be a few days without dealing with your stupid flatmates...:}:}:}:}:}

missjoxx
14th Jul 2011, 17:47
For those who have been selected, well done you guys:D .. I had my FI on 4th and congrats email on 10th and completed my medical clearance on 14th and they ask me to wait for a week.... I'm just concerned that, I heard it is possible for ur medical not obtained even though you are healthy and everything seems fit to fly... :( ...can I know anyone who had the OD on 2nd July this month?

flybyevery1
14th Jul 2011, 21:54
Masha Allah! Got my medical clearance last night. Will be flying on Aug. 27. Just update me please what are the things to be done in Doha and about the medical too! thank you so much and good luck!! see you there!!

Qattie
15th Jul 2011, 18:16
Sure! will let you know..hope my future flatmate has an existing internet connection..otherwise it would take 2-3 weeks for me to get a connection...see you in doha!!! :)

Brian Cohen
16th Jul 2011, 16:00
... don't worry, it's fast to get an internet connection nowadays in Doha ... 2-3 days or you can get a prepaid qtel sim card with a qtel internet pen and connect with your pc (mac is better) everywhere you are in Doha. It's much better than it was!

catwalk_milan
16th Jul 2011, 20:12
[Text speak]

missjoxx
17th Jul 2011, 04:07
You guys...anyone here attend 2nd july OD??

MIK2009
17th Jul 2011, 16:54
Hi,

Today i attended the open day in my country seychelles...after i handed my cv and answered few questions about my cv i was shortlisted for the english test During the english test, we were called for the reach test....at the end of the english test we were asked to leave the room. not even less than three minutes the ladies called us in. Unfortunately I did not pass this round!! Now I know that i couldnt have gone wrong in enlish test cause they couldnt hve checked the writing test in only a few minutes, so i am thinking i must have done something wrong during the reach test...does anyone know if you have small rounded birth mark on your hand, visible enough to get disqualified? or i am thinking that soon after the reach test i put on my shoes without giving much attention to any further instructions? i have limited reasons but i hope that i react more calmer next time..i am happy i was at least shortlisted for the second round. now im wondering what was the reason we had to sit to the english test, if it was not checked before the elimination was done.....better luck next time...

leemontefrio
18th Jul 2011, 01:48
Hi I'm a newbie here..My name is Lee from Manila, Philippines and I am invited to come for the CV submission in Diamond Hotel this coming July 23, 2011. I'm so excited to come.Any advice from you guys?It will be appreciated! =)

Anyone here in Manila who will also attend the OD this July 23?Please message me here so we can meet there in Diamond Hotel. I've done some researches and hope it can help me a lot!!! =) I am really looking forward to be working with QR.I hope I would be selected in the OD. =)

Thanks!

missjoxx
18th Jul 2011, 10:47
I'm happy...I got the date of traveling ...which is on 13th august....anyone is on the same date :O

akoti19
18th Jul 2011, 13:33
Iit has been quite some time since I posted.Anyone invited for the Nairobi AD?The deadline for posting application was 9th July so I guess we have to wait till the end of July to stop waiting.All the best to all applicants.

lilibue
18th Jul 2011, 16:19
we are both sailing in the same boat girl,:(let us keep waiting and hope that we will be considered this time.....all the best :ok:

ughostess
19th Jul 2011, 06:22
am sure we will hear from them soon may be end of month as you said.
keeping my fingures crossed for all of us who applied for Qatar and are waiting for a reply. keep positive and pray about it.

cley_babe
20th Jul 2011, 00:35
Anybody here travelling on August 6? Training will be on August 8.

Felicite
20th Jul 2011, 17:48
Hello everybody.

I'm from France, and I need to send my medical reports in english of curse, do anybody knows if the translation must be "certified" or juste translated...?
I thank you for anykind reply!

aviaton wizz
21st Jul 2011, 17:18
[Text speak]

Johntesy
22nd Jul 2011, 04:32
Am also waiting eagerly for my Medical clearance OMG I hate the waiting game :( so emotionally draining lol. I can't wait to join so eagerrrr :D Anyone from Sweden who attended the Final interview on 19th June? Please contact me asap cheers.

Brian Cohen
23rd Jul 2011, 16:47
Here a good piece of information usable for preparing the interview ...
Flight Attendants Flying High and on TV Too | Flying Lessons - seattlepi.com (http://blog.seattlepi.com/flyinglessons/2011/07/22/flight-attendants-flying-high-and-on-tv-too/)

Kemarw
25th Jul 2011, 23:30
Hey ... I recently went to the OD in Jamaica which was on the 16th and the same thing happened to me. I am unsure of what they are looking for however, there is one fact though, they really had ALOT to choose from.

nana1926
26th Jul 2011, 00:27
hey everyone i was wondering if there is someone attending the open day in caracas city next sunday!! Good luck for those who are waiting for the email :D

Ava.Fly
26th Jul 2011, 15:58
i got short listed on the OD. Went back the next day, took an english exam.. crazy, cause it is our first language! Anyways, there was a cut after that, I made it through. Then there was a group dicussion, and a cut after that... I didn't make it past that part. I have no idea what I did . I know they dont want a mouse, nor did they want someone who will cut people off and be very talkative. I made sure to sit with my legs crossed at the ankles and back straight the whole time, and agreed with the person speaking. Ah well.. i have noooo clue what happened

sofialoren
26th Jul 2011, 16:11
Hello beautiful people....First a big thankyou to this forum for i have read alot of usefull information and tips here.,great job!.Am new here and am sad to say that i posted my photos with white background when applying for the Ad in nairobi..could this be a mistake?am really looking forward for the interview.if i make it that is.goodluck to you all.

aviaton wizz
27th Jul 2011, 01:06
[Text speak]

Non Zero
27th Jul 2011, 03:22
am really looking forward for the interview.if i make it that is

I know it might sounds obvious but try to get to the interview very well prepare because the bar has been raised also for Cabin Crew... good luck

ughostess
27th Jul 2011, 10:55
hi there,
iam not sure whether it will be an issue but they always emphasise on the "no white background" though iam thinking if they like you and find potential in you they will give you a chance and once through they will ask you to re-do the pictures and send them.

so keep your hopes high,pray and hope for the best. your not alone iam too waiting on the invite.

lilibue
27th Jul 2011, 14:38
girl i am also in the same dilemma my pictures had the white background too but let us not loose hope because on the advertisement they did not specify the background color and also as long as the pictures do not make you look like you are flying then we are okay :ok: like 'ughostess' said if they see our potential a picture background will not prevent us from getting the invite :) all the best and i hope to see you at the AD and keep smiling because that will be you greatest asset on that day

lilibue

Shine
27th Jul 2011, 19:44
HI,
I am new here.There is OD in my town in 10 days and I will go and try...but after all this stories I am scared:(
And I have few extra kilos... is it going to be a problem????
I think I know the answer but I wanted to hear it from you :)

can you please tell how was the OD for you?? What were the question? anything...I am desperate :(

Anyone have some answers for my 100000 questions???
I am going to OD in 10 days....how should I prepare??

Thanks A lot :D

P.S. I have few extra kilos is that a problem to join QA????

silverstuff
28th Jul 2011, 06:33
Hi guys. The invite for the AD in Nairobi was sent on Tuesday. The AD is on 1st August

ughostess
28th Jul 2011, 07:16
hello,
thanks for the information, i guess some of us were not considered.

Flying to home
28th Jul 2011, 15:51
Hi there,

Few questions:
-anybody knows something about male accomodation is DOH?
-quick reference checklist on what should I take...
-what should I expect about medical in DOH?

catwalk_milan
28th Jul 2011, 16:53
Were you called?i hear the background should have been anything but white, is it true?

Flying to home
29th Jul 2011, 18:50
@andrewamante: from sending med reports/docs to the clearence something about day or two.

chessia
30th Jul 2011, 20:44
Hey Guy,i used to be a cabin crew, i did it for 2 years then i resigned as i wanted to go back to school,that was for airline in Africa.
Now my studies are about to finish and i really really miss flying.I am looking to apply for Qantas,Amirates,Air France,.....etc
But i would like to ask anyone who can advise me how to proceed,the age limit for those airlines,or about some cabin crew vacancies somewhere.
Cheers guy
Chessia

Capt Krunch
1st Aug 2011, 06:15
Be fairly warned.

do not use your real name or linked information that will lead to you.
Qatar Airways WILL and HAVE terminated many people who post airline info (photos, slander, confidential info.. etc..) on Pprune / Face book / or a Twitt*r and so on.

the risk is yours.

nana1926
1st Aug 2011, 20:40
Hey people i just wanna share my experience in the interview hold by qatar In caracas. The open day was yesterday morning, we were about 100 people attending there, it began at 9am. The recruiters was a girl from england and the other from Manila I think so. They were talking about the company and answreing some questions, they told us that they would take our resumes and if we were successfull they would call back to come today. I got call back so I attended the AD today at 10am, the first stage was an english test, it had a test and then some questions about it, after you had some words and you and to remark the meaning and the essay was about something challenging that you had passed and what was the overcome, while we were taking the english they call one by one to the reach test, they asked me about if i had any scarf ,tattoo, birth mark and so on. I came back to my seat to finished my test after we gave them the english test, we were asked to go outside and way about 30mins after we came into the room again, one of the recruiters had a list with the names of the people who went through to next stage and fortunately i was in. Soo the next stage was the group disccussion, we were divided in 2 groups i was in the seconds, as soon as the other group was over we came into the room again, they gave us a topic to discuss, we had to make a list with the most challeging situations that we will have to face if we get the job. We made the list and each one had to read and explain why after that we went outsite they called us and i didn't go thorugh to the final interview. I don't know if i did something wrong, i got so depressed because i really want the job adn there was other girls who didn't speak english ver well. I hope my experience will help you, now i just have to wait 6 months before to go to another interview. I will keep trying and I'm won't give up :D

Jingo mingo
3rd Aug 2011, 05:31
[Text speak]

ughostess
3rd Aug 2011, 06:12
hello,
anyone out there who went for the Nairobi AD please let us know how it was.thanks.

saucygirl45890
7th Aug 2011, 13:36
hello everyone i am new here. i just want to ask those who already went through to the assessment day and was able to do the reach test, during the reach test do you do it with both arms or could it be using one hand only? I'm planning to attend the OD here n the Philippines and got a little problem with that though. Anyone kind enough to answer me? thank you so much. have a great day.

Wooord
7th Aug 2011, 21:46
Hi,
I did the AD in Stockholm and we only had to use one arm. :)

flybyevery1
8th Aug 2011, 06:10
Read Forum FAQ

Cactus225
8th Aug 2011, 07:00
Hi all,

Theres a Qatar Airways Cabin Crew interview that I plan to attend in a couple weeks time and its been a while since I attended any interview at all. So please advise me through a few queries that have popped into my mind.

I saw this Ideal height- weight chart for crew and it seems a bit absurd:

Cabin Crew India ŧ Blog Archive ŧ Average height-weight proportion chart for Crew (http://www.cabincrewindia.com/uncategorized/average-height-weight-proportion-chart-for-crew/)

I am 6.3 and 89 Kilos. Now thats a respectable ratio- not fat not skinny. is it any good for the airline though?

Secondly, I have a slight scar on my knuckle, my previous airline was ok by it but what is the Qatar policy for it?

Appreciate the help,

Thanks.

evian 133
8th Aug 2011, 09:42
To
Cactus - well if you are a man than your hight and weight will be fine. And the scar, on my interview was a girl with scar on her neck and they just told her to send a photo of it after final interview. It dependes on recruitors and on how visible it is.

Chessia - i dont really know about the age limit, you are experienced cabin crew so your chances should be good, even though you are maybe bit older (if you aren īt older tahn 33 it should be fine). Try first Emirates and Etihad (etihad require 2 years of experiences). Chanses of being successful are higher in etihad (if you are invited for assessement day) you can apply online on careers.etihadairways.com. For emirates you can go to open days or apply online for assessemnt days.
You can also try qatar (but after you read some of the previous posts, maybe you will get a bit scared). With qantas and air france canīt help, sorry

Johntesy
8th Aug 2011, 13:58
Please contact me ASAP! I have Already submitted my medicals and I am still on the waiting game!TERRIBLE,, EMOTIONAL DRAIN,, Ahhhh :( Okey who has received medical clearance and date of travel in Sweden this month ?

RavenLulu
9th Aug 2011, 00:26
Hi! When did you submit your medical reports? My AD was in another country and I have just submitted my medicals last week, but I'm curious also as to why it can take long for others yet seem fast for some?

vij647
9th Aug 2011, 07:40
[Text speak]

vij647
9th Aug 2011, 15:41
Read Forum FAQ

mimi277
10th Aug 2011, 15:25
hi
they ask me to do again some laboratory reports its normal ????

Aqqwa
11th Aug 2011, 17:07
Hey guys,I got a question here, is Qatar very strict on medical check up? Because I got a 8degree carve scoliosis. I am scared that this will effect the result, please gimme some advice

Mari
12th Aug 2011, 07:21
This question was asked and answered hundred times here.

Kindly, read back.

littlemisspepper
12th Aug 2011, 14:14
Hi everyone,

I'm a Filipina and staying at Singapore currently. I have applied for the job there as well and I've received my congratulations letter last Aug1. I'm here at the Philippines for my vacation now, so I went to do my medical here, but they would not sign my paper coz as per the clinic I'm not fit for work in Qatar. Here in the Philippines, clinics who are accredited by the Gulf Estates (Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Saudi and Kuwait) are really strict.

Well, my case is I had a major operation, which is specifically stated at the guidlines of GSS States which they are faithfully following. It has been corrected almost 10 years ago and I am doing perfectly good. I have normal ECG and my cardiologist's certification that my Atrial Septal Defect had been corrected and i should be treated as normal. Hence they still refused to sign my Form A even though i told them that all i need is there signature and the complete medical would be done in Doha.

My question is what is the medical requirement of QR? I've read that in EK, they have something like 'any history of heart surgery corrected or uncorrected is unacceptable'. In a few days i'll be going back to Singapore and I can again do my medical there, but if my case is unacceptable in Doha, I'll be sent back of course :(... that's my dilemma.

P.S.
And I have lumps on my breast but I have it tested and it's benign and not harmful. Will these affect my Doha Medical? I'm really worried now and thinking if i should fight for it or give up...but as Paulo Coelho said " When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage..."

Thanks guys!

djuvki
12th Aug 2011, 19:59
Hi everyone,
I just received my contract and I really don't know what to do.
It says that if I fail for any reason or decide to leave I will have to pay the company the amount of QR7350, they will deduct QR 350 every month for 21 months. At the screening they told us that they will also deduct from salary for accommodation, so I am really worried if the balance amount from the salary will be enough for leaving in Doha. Can anyone who is a cabin crew member give me an advice.
And also I would really like to know what is the life in Doha, what you can do in your free time ( if you have)...any kind of information

Many thanks!!!

Mari
13th Aug 2011, 11:14
It's 100% that Qatar will not take you with this medical history.
I'm sorry.

The salary is more than enough for living. Don't worry, djuvki. I'm quite surprised that you applied for this job, did the interview, finished the medicals and NOW you are interested in the salary and the lifestyle in Doha for cabin crew. You had plenty of time to do a thorough research. I hope you had a fantastic vacation, though.

Emma Gemma
15th Aug 2011, 13:22
Djuvki: Doha has improved a lot over the years (when I was there we used to call it Dohell) but yet expats are saying that there isn't that much to do in your spare time. But, Doha is not anywhere near Dubai and what they have to offer.

What to do in your spare time depends on your interests. Go to the beach, spend time with friends, go shopping or do some sports. In the middle of the summer when the temperature reaches 50 degrees you really don't want to do anything except being inside trying to cool yourself.

Plan your shopping accordingly in case you are operating two flights with minimum rest between in Doha, or doing a standby block, as you would not be eligible to leave your accommodation for any reason.

flyer22
17th Aug 2011, 14:38
Greetings to everyone
Does Qatar still recruits male candidates?

Kemarw
17th Aug 2011, 17:44
@flyer22 - Yes they still do.. I recently went to one of their open days

Merna
18th Aug 2011, 07:43
Hey there everyone,

I have conducted the Cabin Crew interview held in Doha, on the 23rd of July 2011. I have reached the final interview in the same day, there was also around 10 other candidates. Since the 23rd of July 2011, I haven't received any emails nor 4 of the other candidates I got to know there. However one of the candidates received an email after a week, that he wasn't successful. My question is shall I be patient and wait for longer or shall I email them? They said to email them if we don't get a reply within three weeks. Anyone been in this situation? And what was the result positive or negative? And do you guys think it's a good or bad sign that they didn't email me up to now?

I am very curious to know weither I am in or not. I don't want to email them, so I would look unpatient and desperate, but at the same time I am worried it is the wrong thing to do. Also they've mentioned to email them, if we don't get a reply within 3 weeks.

Please let me know your opinion. I would appreciate your help and prompt reply.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Merna

brilliantlyblessed
18th Aug 2011, 09:05
Hi

I have recently received my congratulations letter and just completed all my medicals my doctor has told me all is clear i will be submitting them today!

i am abit nervous on what to expect when i get to Doha for their medical, will i be asked to be in my underwear? i am really nervous about that as i am a very private person and not even a nurse should see me naked.

RavenLulu
18th Aug 2011, 11:29
Hi Merna!

if you have passed the 3 weeks mark, it might be good to send them an e-mail. After all, that's what they have advised. Things might be a bit busier now with the shorter Ramadan hours, i think most work now from 7 AM - 1 PM and considering that the recruitment is not letting up, things might not move as fast as we applicants want to. :)

Although one thing I've noticed, when people of the same FI get their congrats e-mail they get it togehter. For the rejection e-mail, some say they get it together too. So you're still in the clear, dear.

E-mail and do share with us your journey, I wish you all the best.

@brilliantlyblessed: I've finished the medicals too and that's my concern when we reach Doha. But for now, do the happy dance you're another step nearer to the goal! :D

skyboy24
18th Aug 2011, 16:56
I am in the same situation as you.
I did my FI since on the 17th of July. It wasn't a big crowd of applicants about a 70 of us but less than 100. We did the FI the same day, 5 in the final.
Since then I am still waiting for an answer....:confused:

yes they did ask us to e.mail them after the 3 weeks if we dont hear from them... just dont know what to do...

Merna
19th Aug 2011, 07:19
@Ravenlulu thank you very much for your advice.And yes I couldn't agree less about things moving slow in Ramadan, especially in the Middle East, obviously. :)

At that point you are telling me to email them, I am still a bit confused on doing so. Because I know a friend of mine that knows someone that received their congrats email after 2 months, at the same time another one didn't receive it in 3 weeks so he emailed them, they didn't reply so he called them and he was told he was successful. So I am still not sure on weither to email or not yet. When did you receive your congrats letter? Did you email them? Anyhow congrats and best of luck in your next step! :ok:

I still would like to hear from other candidates what's their opinion concerning my situation and all the other fellows stuck at this point. I would appreciate all replies to my post.

Thank you again very much!

@Skyboy, I guess you are an additional candidate that joined list of "I don't know what to do" :) Here is the same, I am feeling the exact same way, don't know what to do at all! Do not what's best to do, and weither my next step would be wrong or right. I decided me and my fellows whom I reached the final with (not all of them) to email them either Saturday or Sunday. But before that I wanted to get some many advices from the forum on what's best to do. So here I am asking for more advices and help. Skyboy as Ravenlulu said no news for quite a while means good news. Let's pray for the best! Just remember to always be positive, you know yourself after all. Here is the thing, follow the thread and see other peoples opinions and then decide what to do. That's what I have planned with the other 4 candidates I know. I can put you on the list ;) to let you know what we will be doing. I will tell you anyways. By the way, did you get any of the final candidates numbers? And if you did, did anyone hear from Qatar Airways yet?

Guys I would appreciate additional advice, I am really in need to know what to do, I am also travelling for a family holiday in a week; so I am a bit confused on what to do, but I want this job badly! :cool:

Tell all of those confused, what to do!

Thanks in advance!

Good day!

Merna

skyboy24
19th Aug 2011, 08:28
Hi Merna.

Thanks, i don't have the other candidates number but i do remember the names which i am trying to locate on fb and sending massages, then again i am not reading from them.
I will wait until monday then i think i'll email ccrecruitment and ask for an update by this time it will be 4wks...
Any news i'll let you know. :)

Johntesy
19th Aug 2011, 09:15
Wohoooo finally got my medical clearance and date of travel yesterday!!! Anyone (males) joining on 10th September ??? I am so excited. My training starts on 12th September ! Thank you Lord!!!!!!! :-)))))

Kemarw
20th Aug 2011, 14:24
@Johntesy, Congrats!! I hope you enjoy your experience with Qatar Airways..

I got an e-mail from them recently after i dropped off my CV @ their OD.. I am invited for an interview at the end of the month. Can you give me some information of the processes of that day?? Thanks

Wooord
20th Aug 2011, 14:58
PLEASE, anyone who did the medicals in Doha just say what kind of tests you had to do?!?!?! Can't find it anywhere on this forum, just write about waiting for clearence.. :8

Tatyana
20th Aug 2011, 15:21
Hello everyone

I just got an e-mail that says I've been reccomended to the position of CC. I was happy,however now I'm starting to have second thoughts. Is it so strickt that females should remain singles for 3 years after they get the job? What if I want to?:) And second,is it just work,work,or there'still some chance for pursuing a private life too?

Thx

vij647
20th Aug 2011, 16:41
[Text speak]

Emma Gemma
20th Aug 2011, 16:45
Tatyana: QR is a very strict airline with many written (and unwritten) regulations which you need to obey. During your first three years of service with the company you are not allowed to get married. Once those three years have passed, you still need to ask the company for permission to get married and they will make an individual decision based on your performance with the company.

Getting a private life is doable but can be difficult sometimes because of the curfew and not being allowed to spend any nights out of your accommodation in Qatar, except whilst on duty of course.

Like many of us previous employees have said, QR literally becomes your life. Some don't mind, some do.

Kemarw
20th Aug 2011, 17:07
[Text speak]

Kemarw
20th Aug 2011, 17:09
[Text speak]

Tatyana
21st Aug 2011, 18:27
Thank you Emma
They didn't mention anything about this three year obligation. So I'm really starting to hesitate. And could you please tell me about the holidays and day off allowed per year?

Thanks again

Emma Gemma
21st Aug 2011, 23:08
You are most welcome!

They give you 30 days annual leave and you will have in average 8 days off per month.

Mari
21st Aug 2011, 23:49
Cabin crew employment guidelines

Background
Qatar Airways is based in Doha, the capital of the State of Qatar. Qatar Airways is soaring to greater heights by way of expansion and progress, with an expanding route network covering almost 80 destinations.
We also pride ourselves on the quality of on-board personalized service provided by our team of Cabin Crew, which is comprised of over 80 different nationalities.

Base
Our cabin crew are based in Doha, under the sponsorship of Qatar Airways.

Pay Scales

Basic salary

New joining Cabin Crew under Ab-Initio training as trainee: QR 3300 (USD 904)

Cabin Crew who has successfully graduated from Cabin Crew Training and still within 6 months of flight duties: QR 3300 (USD 904)

Cabin Crew who have successfully completed 6 months of independent flying and work in the Economy Class cabin: QR 3750 (USE 1027)

In addition, all Cabin Crew (after AB-Initio training) receive an Hourly Flying Pay (HFP), which is grade dependent. This is for each hour of productive commercial flying duty.

Flying Pay is QR 39 (USD 10.65) per hour and is computed on the number of hours operated (Chokes Off to Chokes On).

Cabin Crew have an average of 80 flying hours.

Additionally, the Cabin Crew receive hotel Meal Allowances (MA) (country specific) for layovers. This is duty dependent from the time of arrival to the time of departure to/from the city of the layover.

Employment Contract
An initial period of 3-year renewable contract with a 6-month probation.

Welcome Bonus
You will be given a welcome bonus of QR 2,000 and a prepaid telephone card (Q-Card) to the value of QAR 30/- upon your arrival into Doha.

Accommodation
Free, shared accommodation is provided in fully furnished, air-conditioned apartments in Doha. This includes free utilities – water, electricity and telephone lines for local calls. Two/three colleagues of the same gender share a two/three bedroom apartment and each person has their own bedroom. Two people may have to share a bathroom in some apartments. The kitchen and living areas are common. As we expanding rapidly, the furnishings in most apartments are brand new.

All accommodation has 24-hour security for the safety of the Cabin Crew. Male visitors are not permitted in female crew buildings and vice versa between 2200 and 0700 hours to preserve privacy. Our crew accommodation belongs to different landlords who offer different facilities (gym, swimming pool, etc.) in each building. If crew are allocated to buildings without facilities, they are welcome to use the facilities of another crew’s building of the same gender only.

Marriage
Single crew upon joining Qatar Airways must maintain their single status for three (3) years.

Visitors/Guests
Cabin crew are allowed to have a guest from the immediate family (this includes children, parents and siblings) of the same gender live with them after completing their Ab-Initio training for a period of 14 days on 2 occasions in a calendar year.

Transport
Qatar Airways provides free transport for cabin crew for all official duties.

Initial Training
All new joining Cabin Crew have to undergo an intensive 7-weeks training program. This includes Safety and Emergency Procedures, First Aid, Procedures, Aircraft Types and Grooming.

Uniform
Cabin Crew are provided with free uniform, by ‘LINEA’ Giyimsan Vetic Ltd. which may be dry-cleaned free of charge.

Rostering
Monthly rosters are provided using a computerized ‘fair share’ rostering system that offers a fair allocation of trips and an average of 24 days OFF over a calendar quarter.

Layovers
Qatar Airways provides a minimum of 4 star hotel accommodations overseas, while on a layover flight and free transport between the airport and hotel. Hotel meal allowance (country specific) will be paid from the time of arrival to the time of departure to/from the country of layover.

Annual Leave/Annual Ticket (FOC)
30-calendar days leave is available each year and Cabin Crew are entitled to one (01) free ticket per year, on the Qatar Airways network. This entitlement is valid only after completion of 6 months of service in the initial year of joining.

Concessionary Travel
On completion of 6 months of service with the Company, the following rebated travel privileges are available to all Cabin Crew, on the Qatar Airways network –
For self
→ unlimited ID90/ID50 tickets
→ One ID 00 (free) ticket per year
For family (Annual Entitlement)
→ PARENTS – A set of one ID90 and one ID50 each, for both Mother and Father
→ SIBLINGS – One ID90 and one ID50.
A variety of concessionary travel agreements also exist with many other airlines, depending on contractual agreements signed between Qatar airways and the other airlines.

Accident Insurance Cover
All Cabin Crew are covered under a Group Life Insurance Plan on a 24-hour, worldwide basis, for a sum of QR 150,000/- in case of death. The plan also has related benefits in case of Permanent Disability and Partial Disability, as specified by the terms and conditions of the contract.

Medicals Coverage
Qatar Airways is concerned that you maintain the best possible health whilst in our employment. Therefore, Cabin Crew are covered for most medical expenses with ALLIANZ International worldwide. The insurance however, does not cover dental and optical expenses.

Payment of Salary
All salary and allowances are paid into a local bank account (which will be opened by the Company), in the local currency (Qatari Riyal), at the end of every month.
The salary is tax-free.
QR 3.65 = USD 1
At the end of every month, Cabin Crew will be paid the basic salary for that month, plus the allowances (HFP +MA) from the 16th of previous month to the 15th of the said month.
If you join after the 20th of the month, your salary for the month of joining will be included in the following month’s salary.

End of Service Benefit Scheme
Cabin Crew are entitled to receive a non-contributory End of Service Benefit, on the basis of 3 weeks basic salary, for each year of service, after 3 years of continuous service with the company.

---------------

Didn't you get this information paper at the recruitment day?

This paper is from 2009. Some info might be old but as I heard there was no pay-rise for the cabin crew last year and this year either. (However, 40% pay-rise for the cockpit crew. I wonder if it's really true...)

Flying hours might be more: my friends got a huge compensation for the overtime at the end of the financial year. They are so short of economy crew now that they didn't give out all the leave for the second half of the year, only 10 days out of 15.

topshotter007
22nd Aug 2011, 18:18
Hi all. This is my first posting on PPRUNE. I've been following all the comments thus far on this topic (yes, it took some time) and I'm in a similar boat as JewelF. They're coming to my country (Trinidad and Tobago) and I intend to give it a shot. Hoping for the best as I know the odds are against me...I'm male. Will see how it goes.

Non Zero
22nd Aug 2011, 22:01
@JewelF
... focus your reading in the qatarairways.com ... special attention on ABOUT US and MEDIA ROOM ... good luck!

mat2882
22nd Aug 2011, 22:09
Do take note of the latest flights they began operating. You will score +1 point for that ;)

Emma Gemma
23rd Aug 2011, 18:12
I would advice you to do a bit of research on QR. Although, I have never heard of them actually asking you anything about the company itself but better to be safe than sorry.

As for languages; you need to be fluent in English. Any other language skills would be considered a merit but it's not actually a requirement for you to be successful in your interview.

The assessment itself would be pretty much similiar to the one conducted with EK. They will give you a company presentation followed by a language test and a couple of group activities. If successful, you will be invited to attend a panel interview.

Present yourself in a responsible, representative and adult manner.

Cactus225
24th Aug 2011, 06:13
I attended a Qatar interview last week.

Its seems a fairly simple process but I am not too sure about their ideal candidate profile. I along with two other very experienced CC were not selected in this interview.

I have worked as a CC before and was called for the interview after the initial CV submission. (only 55 out of 1000 were called for this round).

The day started with a presentation about Qatar, the airline and the expected work environment, pay packages, benefits etc. Guess it was meant to boost your morale and increase your hunger for the job.

That went on for an couple of hours which was followed by a 10 min break.

Then came the English proficiency test which I cant believe I flunked :ugh:
It was the simplest English test I ever attempted and I am just not buying it if they tell me I got the grammar wrong. Impossible.-

There was a elementary level comprehension,- 5 questions
Basic vocabulary and usage- 5 questions
Fill in the Blanks for correct usage of words in the right tense.- 5 questions
Time difference, GMT based- 5 questions
Basic advertisements and their pictorial interpretations- 5 questions
plus a few more- total 35 questions.

What I think really got me out was that I chose to wear glasses during the interview and was having a bad hair day in general. Stupid things- but that's what I think really got me out.

Anyways for those who would like to know-
The English test was to be followed by a Group Discussion- followed by a personal interview- followed by another personal interview the next day. (The GD is almost always a task to plan an itinerary for a family and present it to the interviewers later.)

There were two interviewers who collected the CVs on the first day and also the actual interviews the next day.

Research about the airline and the country will always be helpful. They had thrown a few random questions asking for the candidates knowledge before the introductory seminar and any research would be helpful to stand out early in the crowd.

The Qatar website is really helpful for research.
Check the Qatar Airways Fact sheet,
------ Growth story of Qatar Airways,
------ the CEO's message,
------ Facts about Qatar, Doha.

Best Luck.

Johntesy
24th Aug 2011, 06:32
the procedure is the same as it has always been but my advice to you is to be yourself,honest and have a cheerful disposition throughout the whole process. Most importantly,SMILE and remember a thoroughly done CV and an excellent first impression is what will give you the golden ticket to the next day!!! Goodluck

brilliantlyblessed
24th Aug 2011, 09:10
I passed all my medicals here in south africa i leave to doha on the 17 september:O

I am so excited but so nervous at the same time!

Any advice on the medicals done in Doha?

ysp333
28th Aug 2011, 12:52
Hi all, Love all the info on here! I got a CV submit OD coming up but I'm a little worried about how Qatar or any other Middle eastern airline is particularly concerned about your skin. I consider myself a good looking guy with a fit body but my face has redmarks from past acne that I can't seem to get rid of. I know it's a big issue with girls but I know girls can just cover it up with make up but not us guys! Now I got a OD coming up but I'm wondering how big of an issue redmarks on the face is for guys applying for cabin crew position. Any guys with blemishes working with Qatar as cabin crew that anyone know of? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work with all the info!

leaviateur
29th Aug 2011, 21:32
Hi there!

I can tell you that grooming for almost every airline is really important and you may have to take a good care of your skin in order to be a Cabin Crew, the same with your health. I suggest you to go and see a Dermathologist that can recommend you a traitment for those marks and if planning to go to an OD, see what products can you use to cover those marks, such as a skin colour foundation and then apply some colourless powder to avoid oily and shiny skin.

I use to have some lil acne marks and freckles and I treated them at home with lemon juice, and they're gone!

Take care

sabbs
30th Aug 2011, 09:09
I've been following the posts carefully and taking everybody's advice but saturday 27August was a shock of my life. i was called for a "non interactive cv submission" on arrival, i realised that 95% of the people who came for this cv submission were dressed in jeans and T-shirts. Most people did not have photos and some had photos with white background. i had evrything in order, i had my knee length skirt on, short sleeve blouse and my hair tied to the back. My photos all in nice grey background and my resume/CV ready.Most of the people came after 9 but there were allowed in. I was the 6th person to drop my cv and i had high hopes but i wasnt called. Some people told me that Qatar seriously considers age and looks so that automatically disqualifies me. How far true is this? i thought they take from 21-30 does anyone has information on age and looks? i want to try again but i'm not sure anymore. help :{

ysp333
30th Aug 2011, 09:36
I dont know anything about foundation and such and as a guy I think it'll be worse of to be wearing make up to an interview? I take care of my face very well and groom myself well and have acne under control just that i have these red spots around my face.. Defintely noticeable and I have OD CV submit in approximately 10 days. I'm hoping they will be able to look past the redmarks because these spots will fade.. just takes time..

Johntesy
30th Aug 2011, 16:39
[TEXT SPEAK]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

vij647
30th Aug 2011, 17:49
greetings to everyone...Guys I could not obtain the medical clearance :ugh:, I guess because of Asthma problem:suspect:...can someone fill me in with the information exactly after a gap of how many months I can re-apply for cabin crew post ??????????? I so much want to be a part of Qatar Airways..please please please help:{:{:{

leaviateur
30th Aug 2011, 19:05
I went through the process last week and I recall one of the recruiters said that there's no a specific time to wait to re-apply. You can do it whenever they're going again to your country, or if you want, you can go to any OD wherever in the world.
Did it take long for you to receive the offer of employment? And how long did they take to reply you once you sent them your medicals?

I've had my FI in Argentina and I'm waiting for the e-mail, a lil anxious haha. Greets!

Wooord
30th Aug 2011, 20:09
Hi all!

After long wait I got my job offer sent to me yesterday.. I'm really glad but I still don't take It for granted until I'm sitting in the aircraft taking off destination Qatar :ok:. For you who's waiting, I attended the 19th of June and yesterday was the 29th of August. It takes time, be patient..

Good luck to you all!

Vij647,

I think you have to wait 6 months. I'm pretty sure that's what they said..:hmm:

skyboy24
31st Aug 2011, 06:56
congrats to all who made it thru' to the final and medicals...
as for me i am still waiting for the results of my FI which i did in mid July.
I am a male, and from what some of you guys have wrote about the process for male applicants i beleive that i'll get an answer soon, wether positive or negative, just a matter of waiting :cool:

leaviateur
31st Aug 2011, 10:09
Hey Skyboy24. How many guys made it to the FI in your selection?

Here in Argentina the ratio of male to females was 2:10. Now I'm in the waiting game as well. Let's hope to have news soon, and GOOD NEWS! We may be batch mates.

Greets!

skyboy24
31st Aug 2011, 11:00
Hi there, five of us made it to the final. only 2 of us male.
fingers crossed that we'll get a positive result soon :)

vij647
31st Aug 2011, 11:20
thank you so much for your quick response...:)..my F1 was on 26th of july and I received my congratulation letter on 3rd of August...sent all my reports on 6th and they asked me to repeat the HAV-IGM test..and sent the repeat test report on 11th..and on 18th I received their mail saying I could not obtain the medical clearance..it was an automated mail so could not reply...but I did mail my HR coordinator asking about the reason and if I could apply again and if I can then exactly a gap of how many months..??....unfortunately ever since I have not heard from them..:sad::sad::sad:...because as far as I remember one of the interviewers told us that if any of us fail to to get the clearance after F1..we would have to wait for 6 or 12 months before we re-apply for the same post....I do not know what exactly it was...but I am very confused and troubled right now.:ugh::ugh::ugh:....I so much wanted to fly with an international carrier..but it all seems impossible since I have asthma problem...I do not know if I should really apply with this medical history...please let me know if you come across any such information that can turn my dream into reality..though I am hopeless now...but still....:hmm::hmm::hmm:..anyway all the best..:ok::ok::ok: you would hear from them very soon..from my experience within 10 days..keep me posted..

I have flown with a domestic airlines in my country..for three years...doctors say I am fit to fly...if I can have that job here then why not an international airline....?????????????????????????????????:sad::sad::sad:: sad:

Chasson
31st Aug 2011, 11:34
[TEXT SPEAK]

The Blue
1st Sep 2011, 01:45
Then came the English proficiency test which I cant believe I flunked :ugh:

It was the simplest English test I ever attempted and I am just not buying it if they tell me I got the grammar wrong. Impossible.- +1 & +1 mate

I also went for the CV submission here in Mumbai on Saturday Aug 27th,
Got a call in the evening asking me to come for the First Round Interview on Monday Aug 29th,
where i was Impeccably dressed & groomed, don't think i gave them a single chance to mark me down.

Thing is, there's almost ZERO interaction with the interviewers till this (end of the English Test) stage.

After the test, they ask you to vacate the hall while they grade the papers.

You are called-in after 20~30 mins & they announce the list of the successful candidates, those whose names arent called: Thank You for coming & please apply again.........

Result was: they threw-out about 85% of the crowd.

My question is: What on earth did they judge 'you' on?
because i'm confident i scored a 100% in the English/Grammer Test & i didnt put a foot wrong in my behaviour, also part of the rejects were folks flying as CC for other airlines

This isnt a rant, just that i'm seeking some closure over what happened as that evening was a little difficult to live.
I'm still contemplating flying to another location where they have an interview scheduled & whether i'd be allowed to re-appear after just a week ?

leaviateur
1st Sep 2011, 10:02
When I was doing the english test and they called my number, from the moment I stand up until the moment i went back to my seat, I smiled gently (not a huge fake smile) greet them pleasently and said thank you. They screen how you handle that situation, if you are confident enough not to be afraid of them, or if you feel overwellmed by them, you may not notice it, but just a single mocking face will make you out from this stage.
I just turned my mind off on the situations and treat them as friends (always respectfully).

OH! I'm 99.9% that i heard you can go whenever you weant, there's no need to wait 6 months whatsoever.

The Blue
1st Sep 2011, 10:24
^ Thanks Mate :ok:

I'm going ahead & booking my flight to go to the next interview venue to give it another shot :)

skyboy24
1st Sep 2011, 13:15
Yes i am sure they said we can apply again anytime and anywhere they are recruiting, which is a good thing compared to some other airlines.

keep with the smile from when you enter the room until you leave and be yourself!!! :ok:

girl111
1st Sep 2011, 13:48
Hello friends

I just want to ask something

Does anyone of you know how long should I wait to start working in the Business Class ?

Please give me this information, coz Im not sure if Qatar Airways are looking for a cabin crew just to work in the Economy Class or ???

Tell me how long does it take ?

10 , 20 or more years ???

As far as I know , there is contract at the beginning .....its for 3 years contract, but for that time you can only work at the economy class :(:(:(

Kash
1st Sep 2011, 14:32
Hi girl,
You get assesment after 9-12 months of working in economy. If your file is good you are getting promotion for business class.
Hope that helps:))

vij647
1st Sep 2011, 17:16
thanx guys for your response...but I am worried about my medicals...since I have asthma problem...is it o.k. to apply again...????????????:sad::sad::sad:

vij647
1st Sep 2011, 17:20
or shall I try my luck with Emirates..??...:confused::confused:...my doctor says he would help me with medical this time ;););) so that I do not flung again...he meant to do some tricks...;)...

g4seven
1st Sep 2011, 23:00
Hello,

I was invited for preselection, which if it goes well i have the final interview the next day but the date got postponed indefinately. its been 3months now and no news. Do you think they"ll still come, i just need some facts and encouragement. i really want this job and its like i haven't even started the process to get it yet.
:)

Wooord
3rd Sep 2011, 06:18
It aces In me to know that you were so close but didn't pass! I'm truly sorry!
From what I've heard about emirates and their medical precidure I don't think they are as strict as Qatar. Give It a try! Also Etihad, they hire cc with flying experince!!

The Blue
3rd Sep 2011, 19:05
Well i'm in Ahmedabad to give it another shot as i didnt get past the 2nd round in Mumbai last week.

The CV submission/pre-screening interview went-off very well except this time i wasnt called for the next round.

I later met a gentleman at the venue who's currently flying with SpiceJet as CC who told me that he indicated to the interviewers that he (like me) had made it to the second round in the earlier interview held in Mumbai but didnt make it past that stage.

He went on to ask the interviewer if QR has any cooling-off period between rejections?
The interviewer answered in the Affirmative stating, "Six Months!" :{

I believe i was interviewed by the second lady in the QR team on the podium today & I too indicated to her about my inability to make it to the 3rd round in Mumbai the week earlier. To which she asked, "who were the interviewers?"
I gave her the name of the 2 QR ladies to which she politely smiled & nodded & we went on with other questions in my interview (which i feel went very well as we were both very enthusiastic in our interactions)

But still, no call yet & i havent made it.

Hope they come to India again, to the ones in Europe & Africa, Best of luck as they're coming to your shores > Cabin Crew Recruitment Events | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html)

LUCIE QR
4th Sep 2011, 00:50
Hi guys thought id post a few hints and tips..inside information lol as ive been here for over 2years now.

well firstly..if you dont succeed the first time around..try again. i know many people who attended a few open days, or even had interviews for different airlines etc etc, if you think youve got it..keep trying. they deal with alot of applicants week in week out and its only natural they might miss someone who is suitable.

alot depends on who the interviewers are..what mood there in. there is no set crew, everyone is different. age i would say 21-31 but i know plenty of crew who are older, my flatmate with no prior experience joined when she was 34.

show your qualities as:

1.smiling..genuinely..not fake..
2.being polite and considerate..'thankyou for your time' etc will go a long way.
3.dress well..business like and professional
4.listen, eye contact, facial expressions and body language.
.if there is 1000 plus people you have to make yourself memorable in a good way!!
5.prepare answers..

why do you want to be crew?say things that they want to hear- your friendly, like working in mutli-national teams, enjoy a hospitality based environment but also the responsibility of making sure people are safe..its not all about travelling and earning more money than your current job.

why qatar airways? if you have travelled on another airline, maybe a low cost where they only sell food, say that you would enjoy working for an airline that prides itself on having the highest standards of grooming,service etc. good reputation etc

these things will make you stand out.

how do you know you will like it?maybe in your current job your used to dealing with lots of different types of people or working unsociable hours.

6.practice english writing skills, especially if english isnt your 1st language.

they NEED crew..but obviously they cannot take everyone all at once. try an attend somewhere where not so many people attend..manila, mumbai its all very competitive!

if you do make it through, dont be worried if you dont hear anything for along time. there under a lot of pressure, and things always take a long time at qatar airways. they will tell you either way so until you get a reply try not to think about (although it is difficult i know)

its not the end of the world:
theres other airlines-emirates etihad etc
you can try as many times as you like
look into going to a low cost domestic get some experience and try again
i know someone who tried 12 times before she got accepted.

ask yourself, is it really for me?the job is not easy, its not easy being away from home, in a different country, working and maybe living people from different backgrounds..whats meant to be will be.

if you get an offer with etihad or emirates, go with one of these instead of qatar but if qatar is your only offer..then take it, come here, see whats its like for yourself, enjoy the new experiences and when you get sick of the rules and politics (it does exist i wont lie to you) then at least you can say youve done it.

ive had 2 great years of meeting loads different types of places and experiences new things. i was so worried before i came as i read lots of negatives, the negatives do exist and it is sometimes hard but you just have to play the game and go along with it.

when you get here..listen to what they say during training...if they say your not supposed to do something..then dont do...or dont do it until you know for sure you can get away it..so many crew throw away the opportunity to travel the world for silly things..

well im not sure if this will be of any help so message me with any questions. i would gladly offer any individual help advice information tips whatever to those of you who are interested.

good luck guys

leaviateur
4th Sep 2011, 14:25
Lucie, that was the most sensible and wise post about QR I've read here so far.

In my experience I've learned to be patient and wait, now I'm waiting for my e-mail and hoping to be a positive one, but even if it's not, I won't give up.
This is the 5th time applying for an airline and I can tell that everytime you get a rejection, you come back stronger, cause when you go to another interview, you just know what it's going to happen, that you have nothing to lose, and you are definetely more relaxed.
I would recommend people, even knowing it's not so easy, but to try to be as natural as they can, and go looking for a good time, forget it is an interview and just relax, things will flow and if you don't success, don't let yourselves down, keep trying and you'll make it.

And about the negative things, I know some people want to share and warn others about how strict they are, and how hard it can be. But if you choose that life, then go and make the most of it. I guess that previously the airline didn't mention a lot about the restrictions and regulations they have, but in my AD, they talked a lot about them and even the guidelines contains very detailed information about hours regulations, and other very important info to keep in mind. So we who choose to go, know about them and if by any change I don't like it, I won't critize the airline, because they give me an option so...
Anyways, I won't let those silly things make it a bad experience, and having the chance to work for the BEST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD is not something to take so lightly I guess haha.

Good luck to those applying!

vij647
6th Sep 2011, 16:40
thanks a ton,buddy....but I do not know swimming which is one of the requirements for ethihad ...P know it sounds funny :O:O:O...but I am learning :ok:...I face difficulties since I am asthmatic, though....waiting for emirates response...forwarded my c.v and filled up the application form two months back...but failed to receive any response from them...don't know what I should do next..?..:ugh::ugh::ugh: ....please guide me...:sad::sad:

if you could help me please do...since you are experienced and know all about it...Lucie, I was almost there..packed with my stuff..bidding my goodbyes to all my friends and relatives.....shopping for new clothes..finding out more information about qatar and it's culture ..but could not make it after the pre medical employment..:ouch::ouch::ouch: .they never mentioned any reason :suspect::suspect:...I mailed my hr coordinator asking about the same..but dint receive any response..:ugh::ugh: also thought of calling them..but a friend advised not to do so...well .it still hurts when I think of the pain that I had to go through to reach the interview venue...facing the monetary problems to stay there for almost a week...looking for accommodation but coming across nothing which my pocket could allow..huh..but what I get in return of all this is NOTHING :ugh::ugh::ugh:...I am still not over it...just want to fly internationally..that's it..my doctors...some say I am absolutely fit to fly..some say I am asthmatic but still can fly...don't know but sick and tired of this hide and seek game....when I see there is a ray of hope..it goes away and hides itself someplace so that I don't find it..:uhoh::uhoh:
...any advise here..? :confused::confused::confused:

girl111
6th Sep 2011, 18:54
[TEXT SPEAK]

waga
6th Sep 2011, 19:15
have you received your results yet?i had my FI on the 2nd of Aug 2011 and no response till now.
Is there anyone out there who had to wait for a whole 5 weeks after their FI?
Guys, please help.

skyboy24
7th Sep 2011, 12:05
hope you're doing fine.
still waiting for the e-mail.
coming up to 2 months now. let's keep waiting mate...
Hopefully we'll get the good news ;)

keep in touch xx

waga
7th Sep 2011, 16:05
2 months?? wait a minute. you are waiting for your FI results or medical ones? is there anyone who waited this long (more than 5 weeks) and still got the congrats email?
anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed.
tell me if you hear anything from them.:ok:

leaviateur
7th Sep 2011, 16:58
Hello guys, I'm very glad to tell you that I received the congrats mail, after 14 days of waiting. I was pretty surprised since I was told that for males the process usually takes more time, but here I'm now running around with the med. exams. Hope everything's OK so I can go to Doha soon.
Somebody else received any email?

Greets! and don't lose your hope!

skyboy24
7th Sep 2011, 17:08
Hi Leaviateur,
congrats man, happy for you, while i am still waiting for the result ;-)

@Waga i am talking about the FI results 'ere :ugh:

mimi277
7th Sep 2011, 21:03
hi everbody
i received an email they told me that my flight is 17sep but i should wait the offer letter
i wait from 23aug until now it s normal??????

easyman82
8th Sep 2011, 14:03
Hello every one,

if any one can help me with this question. I don't know that much about Qatar airways but my friend asked me a question and I'm not sure about the answer.

see this message from Qatar airways and my question down the comment:

Dear XXX

SUBJECT: FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY

Thank you for your application for the position of Cabin Crew with Qatar Airways.

We are pleased to inform you that we will be conducting a Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaign - CV Submission in XXX as detailed below:

Date : xxx

Time : 0900 -1200 hours

Venue : xxx

You are most welcome to participate in this CV Submission; however, please be informed that our Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaigns are frequently scheduled throughout the world and we do encourage you to attend a campaign held CLOSEST to your location that does not incur excessive travel and expense.

Please note that all expenses incurred by you to attend any recruitment campaign will not be the responsibility of Qatar Airways.

Our CV Submission is a non-interactive session where you only submit your updated CV to our Recruitment Officers personally. The CV's submitted will then be reviewed by our Recruitment Officers and only those short-listed will be invited for further recruitment processes on:

XXX September 2011 - Preliminary Selection
XXX September 2011 - Final Interviews

(Time and venue will be advised for both sessions)

Dress Code: Business Attire
Ladies - Knee length skirt and short sleeve blouse. Hair neatly tied back.
Gentlemen - Business suit with neck tie.

Please bring with you the following:

An updated resume in English.
One recent passport-sized photograph on a plain (avoid white) background.
One recent full-length postcard-sized photograph (business attire) on a plain (avoid white) background.

(Photo Format: Stand facing the camera, feet together, hands relaxed by the sides and a warm open smile.)

The position will be based in Doha, State of Qatar.

This information is made available to you as a result of you applying online to attend the Dubai, UAE Recruitment Campaign.

We wish you every success with your application.

Thank you and Warm Regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
Human Resources Department

He applied online and he received this message. Is that mean, to attend this CV submission. you need to have an invite? or it's on open day and any one can just go?

thank you in advance!

Chasson
8th Sep 2011, 14:16
The open day is OPEN TO EVERYONE! You don't need any invitation to attend.
Everyone gets the same email if you apply online. However, if you attend an open day and be successful, you will be asked to register online just like the guy who received the invite!

mimi277
8th Sep 2011, 14:42
plz can eneybody answer

leaviateur
8th Sep 2011, 21:27
I don't get your question? Have you done your medicals and got clearence already? If you did, then I guess you'll receive eevrything a couple of days before you flight to Doha.

Wooord
10th Sep 2011, 15:26
Hello!

Anyone who knows if we get free meals during traning course?

Cheers!

The Blue
10th Sep 2011, 16:14
^ Ha ha ha.

While i'm not in QR as of now but i can safely say that they'll take VERY good care of you in every way :ok:

Chasson
10th Sep 2011, 16:47
LMAO free meals during training??????? Is that possible???

Wooord
10th Sep 2011, 20:25
I don't see what's so funny about my question? It's not a matter of course. The airline company I worked for previously didn't provide us free lunch.

pedrotobias
12th Sep 2011, 00:18
hey...
how are you?
from the moment you get the ok from the medical, how long did it took for you to get your visa and ticket?

thanks in advance

Emma Gemma
12th Sep 2011, 01:05
Free meals whilst in training? QR is the airline which makes you sign a service undertaking for years as well making you pay for your luggage and re-pay your joining bonus should you leave within a year.

Simple. Meals in training are not free.

Emma Gemma
12th Sep 2011, 01:11
330Airbus - For as long I can remember QR have been struggling with having enough crew because of two reasons: resignations en masse and dismissals for silly reasons.

There are a couple of long serving crew with the company but they are few in numbers. Flight crew don't have to live to same regulations as cabin crew (visitors curfew and 12 hour window) but they are also under a lot of pressure.

Qatar as a country and QR as a company are what you make of it. Should you decide to go, do it with an open mind and expect anything to happen.

Daisy86
12th Sep 2011, 09:42
Does someone know if during FA Qatar recruiteirs still ask you to show them your arms?

Cactus225
12th Sep 2011, 12:00
Hi all,

attended a interview here in India ten days ago. All went well and I am really happy about the personal interview too.

However, they had asked me to send a full length photograph and a passport size photograph in a weeks time. I was away from my home town for all that time and so had to deal with a horrid photographer and sent a not so good pic because of it.

I am really having second thought about the pics I sent. Needless to say I dont want to lose such a good job because of such a silly thing.

Do you guys think I should send them a new decent pic of mine which would do more justice to my cause? Or would that look bad and I should just deal with the ones I have already sent?

leaviateur
12th Sep 2011, 23:59
I would send them a new pair of pictures. Explain them what happened and that you don't wanted to take so long to submit the pics and well that's what you could do. But you didn't fell like their were good photos and you are senden a new pair of pics to be considered. That only shows that you're interested in the position.

Djsailor
13th Sep 2011, 21:15
OK guys, I have applied to QA Open Day and things went well. I made it to the final interview and here I am in the waiting game. I don't actually know what to expect as the recruiters were really nice and sweet. They seemed to be pleased about my photos (Passport & full length) they were pleased also to hear about my job performance etc etc .. but I'm not putting high hopes on it as I also made it to the final interviews in Emirates last year and after 30 days sharp I got the awful e-mail that I was not successful. How long does it normally take for successful candidates to get the results? Whether a yes or no? They told us "Within" 3 weeks!!

leaviateur
13th Sep 2011, 21:28
Hey, nice to hear you made it to the FI. Exactly the same happened to me, I made it to the FI with EK in 2009 and after 4 weeks received the rejection mail, but I felt it was going to be like that because I didn't feel confident that time.
This time with QR, I was so relax and everything went so smooth that I had a great feeling about it and after 2 weeks from my FI I got my congrats mails!
So I'm with the med. reports now, hopefuly will be in Doha soon!
Are you male or female?

The Blue
14th Sep 2011, 00:25
QR have been struggling with having enough crew because of two reasons:
- resignations en masse and
- dismissals for silly reasons.

I have heard of the latter ^ quite a bit from present & ex-QR folks off-hand.
Would you pls mind elaborating with some examples as i'm curious to know their discipline threshold (or is it that somebody just rubbed their Supervisor the wrong way ?)

Chasson
14th Sep 2011, 13:46
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

Barbara1
15th Sep 2011, 15:14
Hi guys:), I 've got through to the final interview with Qatar and have to send full length photo. I have made a photo in short sleeve shirt and knee-length skirt, but I have just noticed in my leaflet I should wear business suit for the photo. Does it mean I have to wear jacket? or is it ok with shirt? I would be grateful for any sugestions:)

mat2882
15th Sep 2011, 23:12
Hi there!

I will suggest you following the requirement that was stated on the leaflet.
This is because ultimately, the photos will be review by one of the senior recruiter or even the CEO himself? I am not sure but there is one thing that I am sure of is that you will keep hallucinating of blaming yourself for sending that photo that you are having now and not following what they want.
Decision is yours and I hope you will make the right one.
Cheers;)

Barbara1
16th Sep 2011, 17:36
thanks mat2882, I decided to do a new one:) I dont want to blame myself for the rest of my live:)

Djsailor
16th Sep 2011, 21:05
I'm a male. Congrats and I'm sure you'll make it soon to Doha. :D

With Emirates last year, everyone around me was hyped and so I was. And after 30 days I received the "No". It was a big disappointment .. BIG ONE :sad:!! This time around, I'm not hyping over it bcz I learned my lesson .. I'm just chillin'. It's been a week now after the FI, oh well ... :)

leaviateur
16th Sep 2011, 22:54
I understand that, I was in the same position. Just chillax and take is easy. Wish you the best!!!!

younes_hy
18th Sep 2011, 11:28
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

Esprite
18th Sep 2011, 14:51
I don't see recruitment dates on Qatar website anymore. Can anyone help me?

The Blue
18th Sep 2011, 17:06
^ Here > Cabin Crew Recruitment | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html)

Ok i think i know what the problem is, my Chrome browser pulled-up the following page but FF didnt and now even Chrome for some reason isnt.
Therefore i'm just pasting the page details for you.

I also see a new pop-up tab "Welcome to the new QatarAirways.com" on the homepage so i think that also has something to do with the problem.

Hopefully should be sorted-out in a few days :ok:

Short listed candidates will be required to attend further interview processes over the next two or three days.
Trinidad & Tobago ,
Postponed
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Trinidad.html)

Manama, Bahrain
09 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Manama.html)

Casablanca, Morocco
10 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/casablanca.html)

Brussels, Belgium
10 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Brussels.html)

Krakow, Poland
10 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/krakow.html)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/kuala%20lumpur.html)

Cluj, Romania
10 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/cluj.html)

Tunis, Tunisia
11 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/tunis.html)

Milan, Italy
17 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Milan.html)

Belgarde, Serbia
17 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/belgrade.html)

Malaga, Spain
17 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Malaga.html)

Dubai, UAE
17 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/dubai.html)

Stockholm, Sweden
17 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/stockholm.html)

Rome, Italy
21 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Rome.html)

Almaty, Kazakhstan
24 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Almaty.html)

Paris, France
24 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/paris.html)

Taipei, Taiwan
24 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/taipei.html)

Prague, Czech Republic
24 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/prague.html)

Vienna, Austria
24 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/vienna.html)

Barcelona, Spain
25 September 2011
VIEW DETAILS (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-events/Barcelona.html)

Please APPLY with us for further details.
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/images/btn-apply-now.jpg (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/jobs/hr_cabincrew_applynow.html)

Esprite
18th Sep 2011, 17:13
@ The Blue, thanks, but it says "page not found"
Page Not Found | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html)

did you try opening? did it work?

Wooord
20th Sep 2011, 14:02
How long did one have to wait to get their visa and ticket? My tetative travel date is very soon and still I haven't received it.. =(??

gigi94
20th Sep 2011, 14:28
Hi all, I have a question
does Qatar hire married cabin crew ? If yes, how does it work so the one (who is not cabin crew) comes to Doha to join the cabinC ?
Does Qatar give an allowance to have an appartment ? (like Emirates does for cabinC who are married)
Thanks a lot

rfortupino
20th Sep 2011, 15:14
Hi all, I have a question
does Qatar hire married cabin crew ? If yes, how does it work so the one (who is not cabin crew) comes to Doha to join the cabinC ?
Does Qatar give an allowance to have an appartment ? (like Emirates does for cabinC who are married)
Thanks a lot
I don't really remember if there's a problem being married for them. But what I know is that the problem is yours if married. You won't be able to live with your partner, as the one working for QR has to live in QR accommodation. No allowance for apartment.

As a result, don't even try it!

flyer22
20th Sep 2011, 19:30
Guys i had my final interview today in Milan, for QA and i was surprised when one on the recruiters told me that i have a little scar on my face which is almost invisible, and that i have to send photo of that area to hr..! I heard they turned down many people for small scars..
What do you think? :sad:

leaviateur
20th Sep 2011, 22:39
It depends on the type of scar:
-Hypertrophic: the ones that are raised above your skin.
-Atrophic: they're like a hole in your skin, like acne marks
-Marks: they are just a color mark scar.

If you have the latter, I think it'll be ok since you can just put some make-up on it and that's fine. And if it's almost invisible, then you're more than OK =)
Are you male or female?

Greets!

flyer22
21st Sep 2011, 00:10
Hey leaviateur, thanks for reply.. I am male.. ;)
About the scar, its not above the skin, its like a 2cm long very thin hole underneath the eyebrow, atrophic like you sad, but very hard to see.. I cut myself many years ago.. I have to send photo to them... a bit worried now..

Kelly_r07
21st Sep 2011, 04:19
Hello there!

I am not sure if a lot of you are still using this forum. However I am attending this upcoming OD here in Manila this October 2 and I would really need a lot of tips and advice from you guys, especially for those who had experience with the complete application process.

I have read the thread however I'm really getting a lil bit dizzy as it was a lot. I hope someone could spend time to give me their ideas as to what I should prepare for? How long does it usually take? And please feel free to give me your ideas and DOs and DONTs.

Thank you!

gigi94
21st Sep 2011, 07:01
Thanks for the answer
Can she go to an hotel and i join her, or is it an obligation for me to sleep in the qatar accomodation?:uhoh:
And can i take an appartment by myself so to live with my wife?
Many thanks

rfortupino
21st Sep 2011, 10:54
Sleeping in QR accomodation is a MUST. You cannot live outside company accomodation. And QR rules don't allow your wife to sleep with you in the accomodation. Funny eh!!

Don't try it if your objective is to be with your wife.

gigi94
21st Sep 2011, 16:37
TEXT SPEAK

flyer22
21st Sep 2011, 18:10
How much time they are tolerating for sending passport copy from final interview? Anybody?

Esprite
21st Sep 2011, 20:13
Cabin Crew Recruitment Events

Cabin Crew Recruitment Events | Qatar Airways (http://www1.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html)

Delhi, India
01 October 2011 (09:00 AM - 12.00 PM)
Sheraton New Delhi Hotel
District Centre Saket, New Delhi - 110 017, India

Amsterdam, Netherlands
01 October 2011 (09:00 AM)
Radisson Blu Hotel
Rusland 17,NL - 1012 CK Amsterdam

Bratislava, Slovakia
01 October 2011 (09:00 AM)
Crowne Plaza Bratislava
Hodzovo namestie 2, 816 25 Bratislava, Slovakia

Manila, Philippines
02 October 2011 (09:00 AM - 12.00 PM)
Intercontinental Manila
No. 1 Ayala Avenue, 1226 Makati City

Istanbul, Turkey
02 October 2011 (09:00 AM)
Ramada Plaza Istanbul
Halaskargazi Cad, No 51, 34373 Sisli - Istanbul

Pre-screening Requirements:

Minimum age of 21 years
FEMALE: At least 5'2 in height, minimum arm reach of 212 cms on tiptoe;
MALE: At least 5'6 in height
At least High School graduate
Fluency in written and spoken English
Good set of teeth. Candidates with braces/retainers will not be considered throughout the screening process.
1 passport-sized photograph in business attire (Sky blue background)
1 full-body 4R-sized photograph in business attire (Sky blue background taken by a professional photographer)
Updated resume
Business attire is required:
FEMALES: Corporate coat over blouse & knee-level skirt, hair tied up and in full make-up
MALE: Formal suit

IPAMS - Jobs (http://www.ipams.com/jobs.php?jobid=346)

mimi277
22nd Sep 2011, 02:19
for how many days we get the visa

g4seven
22nd Sep 2011, 16:08
Hello,
I saw that Trinidad n'Tobago open day was postponed. My country's'open day
Was postponed too, it 3months and they arent back. Anyone knows why they postpone?
And has any country experience this... How long did it take for them to come back.
Thanks

Nikki88
23rd Sep 2011, 11:09
Hi g4seven

I would love to know the same thing. our open day here in trinidad was supposed to be on the 1st and we havent heard anything on the new date

QeenE
23rd Sep 2011, 16:05
Hallo!!
Can you please say from where did you get that information about Qatar?
I really need to get to know some specific answers about how is it to work for Qatar. Any Qatar crew member around???
Is it right you most ask for permition every time you want to go out of Qatar? Is it right you can not change roomates? or move yourselve with other partner in the company acomodation???
Is it right they pay you the many for sleep overs outside of base at the end of the month and not every time you fly???
Thanks for your attention if anybody around can give me answers from people that right now is flying for QATAR.

ClaudiaNastase
24th Sep 2011, 20:19
Hi guys,

Does anyone know when Qatar is going to have the interviews again? In Romania, i saw that it was postponed from 10.09.2011 (Cluj) to ??? On their website i saw another postponed interviews and it doesn't appear(Romania) in the CC jobs to apply.

Emma Gemma
24th Sep 2011, 21:30
Gigi94 - If you choose to stay in company accommodation you are not allowed to stay anywhere else in Doha. Males, however, can request not to stay in company accommodation and instead receive an allowance. It would give you a bit more freedom. Although, once you have requested to move out, or not to stay in, company accommodation you won't be able to move in ever again.

But you should keep in mind that apartments in Doha are very expensive.

QeenE - Very few, if any, current QR crew would actually contribute to a discussion forum because of fear of being dismissed.

Exit permission: Yes, you will need to apply for an exit permission every time you want to leave Qatar on days off.

Roommates : You could always ask to have a new roommate but crew have actually been sacked for simply asking. As for living with your partner, forget it. Unmarried people are not allowed to live together in Qatar (or anywhere else in the Middle East). Also, you need to remain your single status for three years before even being able to request permission to get married.

Pay: You receive an hourly flying pay for every block hour flown. On layovers you will receive meal allowances. Allowances vary depending on country and length of layover. Like, European destinations pay a lot more than Asian and African destinations. All of it is paid into your account next month.

Emma Gemma
24th Sep 2011, 21:57
I have heard of the latter ^ quite a bit from present & ex-QR folks off-hand. Would you pls mind elaborating with some examples as i'm curious to know their discipline threshold (or is it that somebody just rubbed their Supervisor the wrong way ?)

You don't need to rub your supervisor the wrong way to get sacked.

In QR you can get sacked for everything ranging from not wearing your hat to being late home, using the wrong means of transportation in Qatar, passenger complaints or simply not fitting company standards.

g4seven
26th Sep 2011, 02:34
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

mat2882
26th Sep 2011, 21:51
Anyone has any idea how does the visa application goes about?
Is it goes according to the dates of interviews (applicants who attended the interviews earlier on will have their visa done first) or according to the date when we submitted our offer?

meatlover
27th Sep 2011, 02:13
Can somebody please tell me what the A320 fleet roster is like with QR.
Are there any night stops at all?
Any advice.
PM me if you like.

LUCIE QR
27th Sep 2011, 02:33
Male crew are no longer permitted to stay outside of company accommodation.
Only crew who seek permission for marriage and then get married are allowed to stay outside.

Crew operate on all different types of aircraft and as such do a mixture of short,medium,and long haul flights/ turnarounds & layovers.

There are obviously many people who have been terminated but one common reason is crew who sleep outside of their accommodation..and do not observe the pre-flight rest rules.they are usually discovered because they then sleep in before a flight or get into crew disagreements.
However there are often many injustices here but that's how it gies and if you keep a low profile and avoid crew conflicts then many people have no problems here at all.

Cactus225
27th Sep 2011, 08:03
Anyone from the Ahemdabad attempt waiting for the final confirmation?

its been 3 weeks now.

meatlover
27th Sep 2011, 10:37
READ FORUM FAQ-BANNED

leaviateur
27th Sep 2011, 23:56
LUCIE QR, could you tell me what is the size of the bed they give you, and if they provide you with bed sheets as well or you had to take them from home? Thanx!

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 09:30
Hi. I am new here. I saw this thread and was curious. Qatar Airline will conduct an open day here in Philippines (Manila) this coming October 02, 2011. Does anyone know the specific details of their recruitment process? As what i've learned from IPAMS website, day 1 will be the CV Submission and Screening. What questions to they usually asked? Oh by the way I'm already married, but on the announcement they didn't really specify if they are looking for female who are single only. thanks

The Blue
28th Sep 2011, 11:58
Does anyone know the specific details of their recruitment process?

Here > http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/395662-qatar-airways-wannabes-recruitment-ii-15.html#post5452326

The Blue
28th Sep 2011, 17:30
Cabin Crew Recruitment Events | Qatar Airways (http://www1.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-dates.html)

Pre-screening Requirements:
Good set of teeth.
Now i just had a Root Canal done today & had one done earlier with a ceramic cap replacing the old cavity & i wish to have one put on the current molar tooth i just had done-up.

Does that work against you or anything?

leaviateur
1st Oct 2011, 17:53
Hey guys, does anybody know how long do they usually take to give you medical clearance? Thanks!