PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Mari
2nd Mar 2010, 18:01
Intresting... Maybe you have too much flying experience, or they don't take ex-pursers (leader role) or they don't take ex-etihad crew.

Emirates would suit you much better with this experience. They are going to Bukarest in a couple of weeks. They love to take experienced crew and they put the majority of them on the A380.

Good luck!

toefike
2nd Mar 2010, 18:40
@Floaty: Hi, I don't know anything about any max. age rules at Qatar. I know a girl, she's just doing her training, she's 33, and has a few years of experience as a cabin crew. So, if I were you, I would try. :) But, it's true, that you will get the same training as anyone else, you'll be sitting in the class with many 20-25 years old people, who have never been flying before. Some of them even didn't have any job before, just graduated from university...etc. However, if you'll get in, you'll do your 7 weeks of training and you're on your own again, flying all over the world. And 7 weeks only, it's really fast. Because of your previous experience, you may also get on a fast track, which means, you can get a promotion maybe after 6 months only, instead of others, who'll definitely have to wait at least 1 year. So, you decide.

@littlemissamanda: Yes, there are many people who had to wait for a long-long time. BUT, for me for example, it was very fast. It was only 7,5 weeks between my final interview, and my date of departure to Doha. :) (however I had to repeat my ECG once) It can happen really fast. Just do everything the company requests (medical, result sending...etc) ASAP!!! Good luck!!!! :ok:

Bill_Australia
2nd Mar 2010, 21:09
So Basicly Open day they just explain all about it.
Also you hand your resume in and photo ?

What type of photos do i need full body and shoulders head one ?

Also what background should the photo be against ?

Also Tips for interviews would be great ?

Thanks for all help in advance just like to be fully prepared by march 20th in Melbourne ! Cheers

arabellamiller
2nd Mar 2010, 21:30
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone on here is going to the Dublin open day on 12th March???

KARO
2nd Mar 2010, 21:49
Hey

Anyone going to doha anytime soon?
I have a question regarding flying my belongings via Q Cargo.... I emailed them but haven't got any reply just yet.
Anyone knows the rates, term& conditions etc??
I know QA is supposed to give us the money back, bust still, will that be very expensive?

tweezers
2nd Mar 2010, 22:00
As a male (21y.o.-almost 2 years' customer service experience-although no CC experience) who attended the FI on Feb, 8, in Istanbul I guess I can tell you some news that can make it a bit sensible to you... 1 week after the FI they sent me an email stating that my application was being considered and that they would establish further contact shortly. It's been more than 3 weeks since my FI by now and I called them a couple of days ago to find out what's going on.

They told me that the male recriutment was on hold, that's why I was being kept waiting, and that they did not now when they would withdraw the hold...

So I'm guessing maybe after this they've become more picky with male candidates?

And btw are there any males that received the congrats email since mid-Feb?

coffee or tea
2nd Mar 2010, 22:37
To Bill_Australia,

Please let me know the exact date/time and venue of the Qatar Open day in melbourne please? im interested to join too.

anticipating your feedback.

thanks and Good luck:ok:

Bill_Australia
2nd Mar 2010, 22:38
Dublin, Ireland Open Day: 13 th March 2010 09:00AM Venue: Holiday Inn Dublin City Centre

tamsat
2nd Mar 2010, 23:23
The open day, all you are to expect is a presentation from Qatar Airways representatives, followed by the CV/photo submission. At this point you will be asked a question or two by the recruitment officer, eg about previous employment or what you do at the moment - just be yourself, try not to seem nervous, answer concisely but with plenty of information - you need to stand out from the crowd but not take up too much of their time. If successful you will receive a phone call from them later that day inviting you back the following day, where you can expect an English test followed by group activities, where again you should just be yourself and not be nervous. After this you get invited to a final interview, quite relaxed and informal, again the best advice is to just be yourself, answer their questions as if it's a normal conversation.

Photos - would be great to have the full-body one done professionally if this is an option, though no problem if not. Must be against a plain background, white is not recommended, especially if your shirt is white. Wear a business suit, jacket optional, depending on whether you feel you look better with or without it. Stand tall and straight with arms relaxed by your sides. And smile :-) This must be postcard sized, and the passport picture passport-sized, strangely enough. Just be sure your hair is neat and you smile.

Hope that answers your questions :-) best of luck!

rfortupino
3rd Mar 2010, 19:56
As a male (21y.o.-almost 2 years' customer service experience-although no CC experience) who attended the FI on Feb, 8, in Istanbul I guess I can tell you some news that can make it a bit sensible to you... 1 week after the FI they sent me an email stating that my application was being considered and that they would establish further contact shortly. It's been more than 3 weeks since my FI by now and I called them a couple of days ago to find out what's going on.

They told me that the male recriutment was on hold, that's why I was being kept waiting, and that they did not now when they would withdraw the hold...

So I'm guessing maybe after this they've become more picky with male candidates?

And btw are there any males that received the congrats email since mid-Feb?

I had mi FI on Feb 2nd and i'm in the same situation as you. I got the same email also. Something's happening with male recruitment, notice that some new OD's are females only.

neverno
3rd Mar 2010, 22:15
Zagreb, Open Day FEB/13,2010.
My final interview was FEB/15.....

Girls from my open day are invited, but guys still waiting.

Any idea WHY?

:confused:

tweezers
3rd Mar 2010, 22:23
Did you receive an email from QR as well?

EmmyLou89
4th Mar 2010, 03:01
Im men't to be travelling to doha on 19th March to start training on 22nd March however i still havn't received my Visa and E ticket. How soon after sending off your signed offer of employment are you supposed to get your visa and eticket? I'm worried because i resign from my job next week and i have no more work after then. I hope I get my eticket soon so i can travel on the 19th. Does anyone have any advise for me..

thanks
Em

Creighdon
4th Mar 2010, 05:46
Hi guys,

I attended the OD in Johannesburg on the 20.02.2010 and FI was on 04.02.2010. After reading the posts about there being a hold on male cc, can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case? I'd hate to think that they still taking guys through to the FI just to have them rejected back at QA headquaters. Please email me [email protected]

Also, I know that they said to wait 1-2 weeks before we get some sort of correspondence from them, but has anyone received email within a week after the FI? :ouch:

stud_fac
4th Mar 2010, 11:33
Hey..

You would receive your e-ticket and visa one week prior to your departure.:ok:

Take care

safoan19
5th Mar 2010, 09:43
hi everybody,
here is an open day in kuala lumpur tomorrow.at first the QA web page show it is for only females.now they remove it.any body have any idea that males also can attend the OD or not.

please if anybody knows any information about it.

thanks.

CaptFickle
5th Mar 2010, 10:37
@safoan19

They update the web-page according to their requirements. I've seen them changing this before too, so nothing to worry about. Until and unless its specifically pointed out that its FOR FEMALES ONLY, anybody falling under their general requirements can apply for the role of FA.

All the best..!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Ksyusha
5th Mar 2010, 13:21
hi,guys!
need some help,if anybody could give me an answer..? do they take the females over 30? and maritial status separeted/divorced? or my chances are not that good from the very beginning? :confused:I've heard it's a very strickt airline,many regulations...

toefike
5th Mar 2010, 22:39
@Ksyusha: Yes, they do. I know 2 girls, they are just doing their trainings. One is 31 one is 33. Regarding the marital status: no problem if you are divorced. There are divorced cabin crew here. There's one thing that's important, if you're single now, and you'll get the chance to come here, you'll have to stay single for the next 3 years. It's not allowed to get married. So, your age is not a problem especially if you look young, and your marital status is also OK. I would apply if I were you. :)

@Flying Adobo: I just heard about this here. I can't confirm, couse I'm not working at recruitment, however, yes, we heard about this. What it exactly means, for how long and from which date they don't wanna train guys, no idea. If you got any positive answer, I would advise you to do your medicals ASAP, and to get ready to travel ASAP, so maybe you won't have to wait so long, or you can catch one of the last batches. But I repeat, I can't confirm anything, I just heard it from someone, who also heard it from someone...you know what I mean. But, anyway, I wish you good luck!!! :ok:

safoan19
6th Mar 2010, 09:05
hi all,
i am trying to update my profile in qa web page.but whenever i am trying to update its showing that "you must select a value in the field 'sources'. i did select the value but its showing again and again and i cant update and save my profile.

anybody got any idea about that. please give any comment.

thanks.

Ksyusha
6th Mar 2010, 15:17
yes,it was the same problem with me but the next day I started to upload the aaplication, the system worked better...I know it's nervious and irritating but what can you do...just try again...

toefike,

thank you very much for the information,now I feel more secure...Is it ok for them if you live separeted or should I change it for "divorced" at this point? well...they do the rules and this is you who decide if you can take it...3 years it's a long time,nobody knows what's gonna be with us tomorrow...and they say how our private life should look like for such a long period of life...;)

toefike
6th Mar 2010, 21:57
Hm, Ksyusha...what my personal opinion is: don't lie, never ever, be honest. If you're married at the moment, but live separetely, that means, that you're married until you don't get divorced=marital status: married. But, if you write you're married, and later you wanna get divorced, I don't know if it will be a problem or not. As far as I know, they only wish to remain single for 3 years, if you are single when you're joining. What I would do: I would apply, and if you got until the final interview, ask the recruitment ladies. After the final interview, in the last few minutes you may ask questions from them. Ask, it's much better to ask first, than get in touble later. I also asked many questions, and it was not a problem at all. They were very helpful and very nice. :) That's what I would do, but you decide.

airborne87
7th Mar 2010, 01:48
Is anyone attending OD in Dublin on march 13th?

safoan19
7th Mar 2010, 08:04
hi Ksyusha,

thank you for your information.i will try again to log in and update my application.

thank you. wish you best of luck.

Ksyusha
7th Mar 2010, 13:22
hi,toefike..:-) you're my sun ray what about all the questions..:) thank you! yeah,of course,I am honest,I wrote I live separated,it's also one of the multiple choice posiibilities in the application...2 years ago I already applied with the staus "married"- no answer, now I understand why...but I did everything I could, anyway if there is even no answer, I'll go for AD...
It's great such a forum exists- you don't feel alone :-))

wildVV
7th Mar 2010, 17:37
black sheep X
Hey , I am sorry to hear about your experience with Qatar airways. I think it is a big loss for Qatar, not selecting a person with world class airline experience. That is very typical of Qatar. Nobody knows how they judge people. In my experience they are not always honest about what they say. What they tell do not match with the action.. Those recruiters think they are perfect but they end up selecting not the very good candidate for the job. They judge people so badly sometimes. I don't think it is a reason not to select a person because somebody quit his/her job in the previous airline. Anybody who is intelligent enough wont judge people like that way.

Anyway try Emirates.they are much better

toefike
7th Mar 2010, 18:17
@Ksyusha: It's my pleasure to help. :) But let's make it clear, OK? I'll try to ask someone, who is competent about this question, OK? As soon as I get any info, I'll get back to you.

@wildVV: I don't really understand how you ment this. They take experienced cabin crew (who quitted right because of this job offer or quitted previously because of any other reason) and absolute beginners as well. Any more details? Thx.

Ksyusha
7th Mar 2010, 19:11
Thank you a lot!!! you're such a sweety!:O but if you read here all these stories you really don't know what's in their minds sometimes...as I've understood you work already for Qatar,right? how is this training look like? is it very difficult to pass, stressy?
anyway, I wish us all a nice rest of Sunday!

EmmyLou89
8th Mar 2010, 03:44
Hey guys,

Im moving to doha on the 19th, and Qatar airways say that they will reimburse the costs of up to $50 extra cargo. I need to arrange a shipping company from australia to qatar, does anyone have any suggestions as i have no idea where to start!

Does it matter what shipping company you go through?
Can you just pay for extra luggage at the airport insted of organising cargo?

If anyone who is in Doha and has had to arrange shipping please contact me as I need help with this one!!

Thanks Em xx

skyisbeautiful
8th Mar 2010, 07:21
Hi guys!

I sent my medical reports yesterday,by e-mail, and im not sure my contact received it...its so stressful...first time i sent to her all in one file it took 12 MB,and it went through,so i thought she received it because i didnt get information that it failed,but when i sent separate e-mail asking her did she receive it,she said she didnt,and that i send her the moust 3 attachments in one mail,so i did,but still no answer....i am worried...does anyone have the same problem???

And another question,who has different ECG than usual?? but is healthy...

thanks a lot:)

EmmyLou89
8th Mar 2010, 07:39
Hey
dont worry i had the same problem with sending my offer of employment, Barbie said that if you dont recieve a confirmation email saying she has recieved it.. she has not. I ended up sending seperate emails with only 1 attachment in each. I know it sounds like a hassle but that way she will recieve it..
I think they do not have a very large inbox so they cant recieve emails where the files are too big. My offer of employment email ended up being 8MB and she didnt get it..so i sent every page individually..
hope this helps xx

Creighdon
8th Mar 2010, 11:51
Hi guys,

Just got an email from QR stating that I have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion.

It is sad and a bit of a shock, but definitely something an experience to learn from. Wish all of you good luck and trust me i'll be back here simply because I don't give up until i get what i want.

Peace and Love

EmmyLou89
9th Mar 2010, 07:35
Does anyone know if ladies must wear a skirt to the qatar training, or are business pants alloud too?
I am finding it hard to buy extra skirts that are below the knee so i was thinking it will be much easier to buy pants.
If anyone has attended training and knows the answer to this it will be muchly apreiciated!!
xx

tweezers
9th Mar 2010, 09:17
I just received my congrats email this morning. I need to complete my medicals in 5 days. Hopefully I'll go thru with them all...

hayley.lundall
9th Mar 2010, 16:25
Hi All,

I received my congrats email on Sunday. so excited, one step closer. Will be sending off my medicals by Thursday afternoon and than more waiting starts...

@creighdon and the others that received that horrible regret email, I know the feeling as I received one from Emirates 2 weeks ago. But dont give up.

@those who made it. Good luck.

Pink Butterfly!!!

toefike
9th Mar 2010, 20:31
@EmmyLou89: If you have any problem with your ECG, they'll probably ask for a cardiologyst eveluation. That means, you'll have to visit a cardiologist, and he/she will do some additional examination and after write the report, if you're OK, or not.

@skyisbeautiful: Yes, you're allowed to wear throusers too, you don't have to wear skirts all the time. But only long (!!!! no 3/4 or short!!!) , business style throusers are acceptable, no yeans, no sporty, only business attire, so try to buy some elegant ones. :)

@everyone: I know, that everyone's wanna know everything as soon as possible, so you ask, before you read, but, please read this forum, it won't take a long time. Read all the posts in this topic from the beginning, cause you'll get many answers to your questions, we discussed previously. And on the other hand, you can get many other infos, that can be useful in the future too.

Everyone, who's still waiting for answer after FI, good luck, I keep my fingers crossed for you! :ok:

Procter
10th Mar 2010, 00:59
Do not worry about it if you're separated, divorced for them is better because if they believe you have the requirements you can get the work besides the contract is for 3 years and have to stay in the apartments of them in Qatar is the only thing that restrictions are for the religious.

Good Luck ...:ok:

chavienne
10th Mar 2010, 12:50
" Regarding the marital status: no problem if you are divorced. There are divorced cabin crew here. There's one thing that's important, if you're single now, and you'll get the chance to come here, you'll have to stay single for the next 3 years" It's not allowed to get married.

Toefike, my question will sound weird but from when is it "forbidden" to get married? From the open day or from the moment you actually sign your contrat?

:uhoh::uhoh:

rfortupino
10th Mar 2010, 15:48
my question will sound weird but from when is it "forbidden" to get married? From the open day or from the moment you actually sign your contrat?

Untill you don't sign the contract you're not a QA member, so nobody prevents you to get married. Once you've signed the contract, things change, then you are QA employee and you're under their rules.

Ksyusha
10th Mar 2010, 16:13
so,then if my maritial status is "separated" but I am still married at the moment and can get my papers within 1-2 months-it's ok for them? I still have a chance by Qatar? they expect me to show them the divorce documents though,right?

Mari
10th Mar 2010, 16:56
Why is it so significant at all?!

Declaring marriage is important:
- tickets for your husband
- getting pregnant (you won't go to jail as you are in wedlock)

Put single or divorced: you won't be able to get married for 3 years and you cannot get pregnant. (Of course you can: you just resign and go home.)

That's all. The reasons above why they ask.

They won't do a huge investigation on you. You are separated now, so tick separated on the application form. If they want to see your divorce papers later on, show them. If they don't: whatever.

Chances of married women: of course much worse than the single girls! But what to do. They still hire married girls. I guess most of them are from the Philippines and Africa: it's very common that they work abroad far from the husband and the kids - if any - are brought up by the grandparents.

I think you should sort out your private life and any issues you have FIRST. Then apply for Qatar Airways.

I've just read back your posts: As I see, you've been accepted by Etihad and Emirates, as well. Good job! You must be an excellent candidate, don't stress much about the martial status.

Ksyusha
10th Mar 2010, 18:15
thanx for your reply,Mary...how to say,just wanted to gather more information to know if it's worth to go to the OD at all...'cause one time they refused me already ...don't know what the reason was,could be also because of my maritial status...but thank you for your support and the compliments :O I'll ask the interviewers myself when I'm there...
Patience for us all !!! Ohmmmm....:ok:

KARO
10th Mar 2010, 18:55
pants are not allowed.
as for the skirt is does NOT have to be totally covering your knee,
E.g. the lower part of the knee can be visible
BUT it has to be MIN. right above your knee,

better think about the casual stuff you're gonna wear in your free time while you're in doha, cause you're not gonna leave the city for the next 7 weeks :)
it's hot and you do need to cover yourself up a bit, you can get a fine if you don't obey their law, and besides all the local people will be staring at you.

As for cargo, the company doesn't matter, the cheaper the better :)
in the end though any cargo co. will be cheaper than paying for extra luggage at the airport
E.g. at lufthansa they charge 10euros per kilo...50kilos that's 500euros
i doubt any cargo co will charge you that much, (at least not where i live) not to mention they'll come to your house and pick up your stuff.

take care everyone

...heading off to qatar in 8 days :)

toefike
10th Mar 2010, 19:15
Being married means a few things yes, like concessionary tickets for husband (I think this is the most important thing).
If you're receiving the certificate of your divorce in a short time, than write your marital status is divorced/separated, cause by the time you get to Doha, you'll be already divorced, right? So you can provide them with the certificate, but I don't think they'll need it, or they'll ask for it.

As you sign your contract, your're a Qatar Airways employee. Since that time, you're under QA rules officially. BUT we were told during the open day, that if we're single now, we should stay single, and not get married, before travelling to Doha (if possible).
Anyway, the situation is good with QA, they hire married cabin crew from all over the world (Europe, Asia, Africa...etc). So I would not worry about it.

Sorry KARO, bur you're not right.

Pants are allowed for girls. E.g. I was wearing pants today during training. They're totally OK, but needs to be elegant, business style pants. And long!

Skirts: I would advise everyone, to buy skirts which cover at least half of your knees. Shorter is not allowed. Maybe you'll get some other info, like a bit above your knees is OK, but no it's not. And I think none of you wanna get sent back to the accommodation by the security guard, to change, right? And yes, it happens, security is checking you, and they have the right to refuse you to enter the QA Tower if you're not dressed properly. So, I would say, buy a bit longer skirts, later you still can cut it if you like, but if it's too short, you'll not be able to make it longer, right?

These are my personal experiences (not just heard from someone), cause I'm with QA.

hayley.lundall
11th Mar 2010, 07:17
Thanks for the info. So tell us how has it really been so far. The training, accomodation, people, food? Have u had a chance do anything fun yet, shopping, site seeing, night life? Or has it just been all work and no play for now. Would love to know. [email protected].

Mari
11th Mar 2010, 08:00
Hayley,

I'm sure Toefike will answer to you soon, however I would like to recommend you some blogs.

It's not allowed to put any adresses here. If I were you, I would check out the travelblog.org (Doha). I recently found two good blogs with excellent pictures and good stories about the training, life in Doha and the layovers.

twistedunwind
11th Mar 2010, 11:32
:)hello everyone!:)

I just want to ask something because i just recently finish my final interview with QR for Cabin crew position & the final interview went very well. My question is, I heard that eventhough you did great on the final interview and you got flying colors during the recruitment process, still, the person who will decide is the GM of QR and it will be based on your 4R photo?? What are the chances that you will be chosen once you made it till the final interview??? Please fill me in.

Thanks!

Mari
11th Mar 2010, 12:26
Fifty-fifty. (Yes or No.)

rfortupino
11th Mar 2010, 15:39
I think all boys have received the email today. Me and a boy of my same OD got the email too.

contry: SPAIN

neverno
11th Mar 2010, 15:49
Zagreb, CROATIA (Open day 13.02.2010., Ass.Day 14.02.2010, Final int. 15.02.2010.).

hayley.lundall
11th Mar 2010, 15:51
Oops, sorry about that. Didnt know about the adresses. Just wanted some more information from someone who has recently started. :ugh::) :rolleyes:

@ mari thanks, will check it out.

I went for the open day here in South Africa, Johannesburg on 20 February 2010 and made it the FI. I got my Congrats email on 7 March 2010. Today I sent all my medicals in and I am tentatively booked to travel in April as well. So excited.:p

But now the waiting started again. It's all about patience for now. :rolleyes: :hmm:

Good luck to all that have/are sending their medicals.

Pink Butterfly!!! :ok:

johannes.m3
11th Mar 2010, 16:16
Hey guys!
I'm booked to April too :)

I received the Travel Arrangements this week...

Which date are you guys travelling?

Hope to see everybody in Doha :ok:

tweezers
11th Mar 2010, 16:31
i'm at the stage of getting the medicals ready, and it seems like i have kyphosis(it's not serious at all but i still have it)... i don't have scoliosis though... i've found a lot of posts saying that qr has a limit of 15 degrees for scoliosis... but couldnt manage to find anything regarding kyphosis... can someone please, please enlighten me?

toefike
11th Mar 2010, 16:40
@ hayley.lundall: so far I like it. :ok: I've never been to an arabic country, so it's very interesting for me. :) There're many places to go, many things to do, many fodd to try...etc. However it's a smaller city you would expect. The training is alrite. There're easier and a little bit more difficult topics. But I like it a lot, all out trainers are there to help us. But we have to study, and have to be prepared always, so the training is definitely not a holiday, but I think you'll like it. I would say, it was a great decision to come to Doha, I can't wait to start flying. :) There's one very important thing: always follow the rules!!! A girl just got fired and sent home (she was only on training) because she smoked at home, and the company found it out. Follow the rules, and you'll be OK. See you soon here. :ok:
P.S.: As Mari mentioned, search for some blogs, and read other cabin crew's experiences, it'll be very useful for you.

johannes.m3
11th Mar 2010, 17:45
Sure!!!

And soon, you'll receive your Travel Arrangement...

I think we'll be on the same Batch on April...

Best regards :ok:

rfortupino
11th Mar 2010, 20:58
rfotupino and neverno:

I believe they sent the congratulatory emails not just to boys. A friend of mine in Singapore, a girl, received the email too. :D

I am from Manila, Philippines and I attended in Singapore.

Like you, I am given 5 days. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/tongue.gif
What I intended to say was that it seems that they've been waiting till today to send the congrat email to boys. We all know that girls are gettin 'in' regularly, more often than boys obviously.

Blue_heaven
12th Mar 2010, 08:49
from where are you Neverno?

:)

hayley.lundall
12th Mar 2010, 09:49
@ Toefike, thank you for the info, very useful. All the best for the remainder of your training,really hope to meet you soon. @ Mari, thank you,checked the site out, also very insightful. Any other females booked to leave in April, pending medical clearance.would like to keep in contact???

skyisbeautiful
12th Mar 2010, 17:07
Hi hi again!! I have done all my medicals and sent them,but then my contact told me my VDRL is missing,but she dont know they are not doing that test on sifilis anymore,now its more modern eIA test...So i want to know which test on sifilis you guys have done in your countrys??

And the other thing in my country they dont do Snellen chart 20/20!!! I dont know where to do it?? Who knows?? The guys from Croatia,if you know please tell me!!!:sad:

julibune
13th Mar 2010, 11:40
Hi, I just recently received a congratulations e-mail for Qatar's HR and was asked to do the typical medical examinations. There is a bit of a concern, though. I was wondering what the required hemoglobin level is for QR? Mine is only 11.4 which is already a tad lower than the usual rate, but I heard that for QR flight attendant it has to be higher. Will it be a big deal if it's a bit lower than the requirement? Many thanks.

Raoni
13th Mar 2010, 14:13
@ skyisbeautiful (http://www.pprune.org/members/322670-skyisbeautiful)
Hello, if your coordinattor asked for a VDRL test, thatīs the one you shoul send them. About the eye examination, that test where you read the letters on the wall, it calls Rx, usually all the doctors use the snellen chart you just ask for them to put it in 20?20 format.

@julibune (http://www.pprune.org/members/321710-julibune)
Qatar is very strict about the medicals, take the tests, send them, and if thereīs anything wrong they will tell you to redo the blood test:ok:

yuvanti
13th Mar 2010, 21:11
Are there are cabin crew (girls) with short/medium hair working for Qatar airways? Or you must have hair long enough for the bun?

coffee or tea
14th Mar 2010, 09:13
Hey guys,

I've seen the publication of Qatar Airways in The Age newspaper dated 13March2010 concerning the Open-Day for Cabin Crew aspirants in Melbourne.

It says in the publication..... "Open-Day: Interactive Information Session only"....

Can anyone explain the above statement please?

Need your advise.:confused:

toefike
14th Mar 2010, 10:46
@yuvanti: it's not necessary to have long hair at all. Until your hair is nice, and not very short it's OK. Very short means like a boy's hair. :) If you go back to the beginning of this forum (this topic of course) you'll find a post, some girl aksed this question previously. She also posted a picture, so you can take a look.

zvrky
14th Mar 2010, 22:11
How crowded was it with last Belgrade od-s? If anyone remembers.

andlander
15th Mar 2010, 10:10
Hi,

I have just received the congrats mail & sent my medicals. just wondering, my report came out & i have a slightly lower total red cell count (4.04, and normal is 4.2-5.4)..the rest of the report is totally normal. haemoglobin normal too. do you guys think it will be a problem for the airline?

thanks!

ScrapyCoCo1
15th Mar 2010, 11:45
they'll inform you INCASE they think its an issue, lemme guess.. you are a girl right?:cool:

EmmyLou89
16th Mar 2010, 08:44
Hey guys,

I finally got the all clear and im travelling to Doha in 3 days!!! Starting training on 22nd March!!

WOOHHOOO SOOO EXCITEEDD!! :D

anyone else training with mee..??

if anyone wants to meet up in Doha when they start training let me know,
send me a pm and i'll give you my facebook email..

Ill keep you posted on what it's likee when i get over there!! :ok:

Em x

martime
16th Mar 2010, 14:35
Hi everybody!

I just would like to ask if somebody knows what chances do you have in an OD if you are male?Do they prefere to hire girls?Or they are not looking for male cabin crews at all?

Thanks for the answer!

Francois
16th Mar 2010, 14:55
I attended an open day last week in Madrid , we were about 300 people 8/10 were girls. After selections we were only 16 and there were 5 guys . Don't know if they mind about gender , but they absolutely mind about your personality , whatever you're a boy or a girl .

Does anybody know how much time more or less do we have to wait from the FI till getting an answer ????

PinkyPinky
16th Mar 2010, 15:03
I was told by them that we will get the FI results within 3 weeks! Good luck to all of us :)

taniapla
16th Mar 2010, 16:06
Hi EmmyLou89!:)

CONGRATULATIONS FOR HAVING ACHIEVED!

If you don't mind, I would like to know how are the interviews ?what kind of questions do they ask.. thaks!

Itīs my dream, i'm only 19. but next year iīll try in qatar!:ok:

rfortupino
16th Mar 2010, 16:37
I attended an open day last week in Madrid , we were about 300 people 8/10 were girls. After selections we were only 16 and there were 5 guys . Don't know if they mind about gender , but they absolutely mind about your personality , whatever you're a boy or a girl .

Does anybody know how much time more or less do we have to wait from the FI till getting an answer ????

I got the answer after 5 weeks. But a girl in the same OD than me got the email 1 week after the FI. So it depends, don't know on what :=
I think males have to wait untill they recruit enough people to build a complete batch.

PD: i'm a boy :ok:

andlander
16th Mar 2010, 16:47
@Francois i got it around 10 days later!

toefike
16th Mar 2010, 19:57
@martime: yes, QA do hire guys. It's one guy batch starting the training every months. That means, 20 guys/ month. Good luck! :ok:P.S.: There're 2 guys in the February batch from France. :)

@Francois: I go my answer appr. after 10 days too. :)

Raoni
17th Mar 2010, 21:27
My email came like 4 or 5 weeks after my FI the waiting is hard...
but get used to it hehehehe after this theres a lot more waiting, so start trainning the patience... :ok:
But I can tell you all the waiting worth it when you receive the contract :)

andlander
18th Mar 2010, 07:00
hey there,

just wondering: are we allowed to bring pets over to Doha???

toefike
18th Mar 2010, 13:56
Answering andlander's question: NO. It is not allowed to bring pets with you to Doha. Think logically. What happens to the dog/cat/bird/fish...etc if you are on a long layover and you are not here for 4-5 days? Don't think that, 'OK, than I'm gonna ask my batch mate to take care of my pet or feed it, or something'. He/she might also be away from home at the same time.
I also like pets, I also would like to have one at home, but I understand, that I may could not deal with the responsibility. So say goodbye to your pets, cause you have to come alone to Doha. Sorry but that's it.

topgun_29
18th Mar 2010, 16:08
Hi, last month I did not obtain a medical clearance from Qatar airways. I was really desperate and hopeless....
Last weekend I attended on an OD for Emirates in Paris and I came to the FI. I've heard that the first day we were around 500 and 52 came to the FI, but these numbers are not confirmed so I am not sure is it true or not....
I would like to say never do not give up! If you really want something you'll get it, just trust in yourself, be positive and the result we'll come!
All the best to all of you!

CaptFickle
18th Mar 2010, 17:25
hello guys-gals..!
I recieved my Visa and e-ticket today, will be leaving for Doha on 27th, joining on 29th...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifAll the best for people who are attending OD's in different parts of the world, and for people awaiting their acceptance/medical approval/letter of employment/tickets-visa, be patient, be prepared, and everything will happen in due time. Please take good care of your health, coz the medicals in the aviation industry are very strict, and even a slight variation MAY deny your entry into this industry, so take care...!

Hope to see you folks in Doha soon! Wish me luck! Ciao!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif

arabellamiller
18th Mar 2010, 19:58
Is there anyone in Doha that has gotten the medical check by the QA doctor? How closely do they look for tattoos and scars?..

Also do they tend to accept blondes or no? I got the impression at the FI that maybe I am too blonde and too pale!:bored:

coffee or tea
19th Mar 2010, 02:01
Yahoooooo tomorrow is the OD in Intercontinental Melbourne Hotel, anyone attending? Its time to show our BIG BIG SMILE:):}:p .(LOL)....buzz me up..hope to see you there and Goodluck:ok:

Francois
19th Mar 2010, 20:03
Could anybody tell me precisely where is it better to do the medicals ?
( Basic place to have this kind of things , military hospital ?? )

And what are they composed of ? ( X-ray chest , blood , whatelse )

I know it's written on a paper i got, but are there further medical requirements ?

Thanks ! :)

toefike
19th Mar 2010, 20:57
@arabellamiller: yes, you will have an examination after arrival with Qatar Airways Medical Center as well. They'll repeat almost all the medical examinations you have before you come here. If you have any tattoos, or scars, it's not a problem, until it can be covered. Covered means it's on your back for example. You're gonna wear knee lenght skirts and short sleeves blouses, so if they cover it, it's OK, if not obviously not OK.
If you're very blond, not a problem, I just saw 2 very-very-very blond girls a few days ago, they're doing their ab-initio training. So don't worry. QR hires people from all over the world. :)

@tamsat: no, I dont think that a tattoo on your wrist is OK. But please confirm it with someone, who can give you an official confirmation. Its better ask first, cause if later you'll get sent home, because they cant accept it, it'll be really bad, right? I would advise you to clearify ASAP. Maybe your contact can help you if you send her a photo with yout tattoo covered and uncovered.

@Francois: I did mine in a medical center where they had an aviation doctor as well. But it's not necessary at all. You can simply go to a general hospital and do all your examinations there.

@coffee or tea: GOOD LUCK for tomorrow! :ok: Please update us later, OK?

Francois
19th Mar 2010, 22:08
Ok thank you for answering .
But could you tell me what the tests were exactly about , I mean , were there further examinations compared to what it's written on the paper we all have had ??

rfortupino
19th Mar 2010, 22:22
Ok thank you for answering .
But could you tell me what the tests were exactly about , I mean , were there further examinations compared to what it's written on the paper we all have had ??

PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION

Instructions for the Doctor

Dear Doctor,

Kindly note, that we require the medical reports specified below along with the Pre-Employment medical form filled out and signed by you.

Please perform the following examinations and provide the accompanying reports (IN ENGLISH):

Detailed Chest x-ray report with the comment on Pulmonary/Cardiac findings and Thoracic SPINE; if scoliosis noted please provide cobb’s angle report
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with differential count and reference range
VDRL, HAV IgM, HBs Ag, HCV Ab, HIV 1&2
Eye test report (Only on the basis of Snellen Chart in "20/20" Visual activity format), Color vision using Ishihara method
Detailed Audiogram report with Graph
12 lead ECG tracing (Graph) with report/comments on findingsPlease ensure that the points 7, 8 and 15 in the attached form are filled out.
If any abnormality is noted please provide detailed reports.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Qatar Airways
Cabin Crew Recruitment

Background Information:

Please note that candidates will undergo full medical screening for both company and government purposes. Employment will be terminated if the candidate is found medically unfit during this stage.
Pre-existing medical conditions requiring medical care, specialist follow-up, surgery or regular medication must be declared. Failure to declare such, will adversely affect the candidate’s employment with Qatar Airways
All active, chronic or potentially relapsing conditions must be specifically highlighted and full details (including specialist report) forwarded to us.

Bill_Australia
20th Mar 2010, 03:54
Think things went well today how did everyone go ?

BlueSkySid
20th Mar 2010, 09:21
Hi Crew,

It's been too long since I was here on pprune. Was contemplating going in today to see what Qatar was all about.

Those that attended, how did you go? :)

rfortupino
20th Mar 2010, 09:38
@Flying_Adobo

I sent the medicals a few days ago, just waiting for an answer :ok:
I hope everything is OK and don't have to repeat anything and so they send me the Employment Offer soon.

melrem1981
20th Mar 2010, 10:59
how did you go?

i got my call at 130PM....

I was actually there to keep my friend's company. unfortunately, neither of them were invited to come back....

tweezers
20th Mar 2010, 12:25
I had received my congrats email last monday, sent them my medicals on tuesday, and on thursday i received the regret email saying i did not obtain medical clearance... easy as that! no explanation why...

I have 4.4 degree scoliosis (I know they accept it until 15 degrees)
The only thing which makes me think is the reason why I did not obtain medical clearance is that I have hypothyroid, although it's been completely cured, it just means I need to take a pill everyday in the morning... that's it...

My question is... is there anyone in my situation (with hypothyroid) who did get the medical clearance?

I really need to know why they rejected me so easily, please help!

skyisbeautiful
20th Mar 2010, 13:19
Hey Tweezers!!!

I was just reading your letter, and i want to tell you how sorry i am they rejected you...:(:(:(
I cant make you feel better,but i can sympathize with you...
i am also waiting for my clearence,i hope they will accept me, but you never know this things,non of us is 100% perfect,we all have something,i think,its just that probably they have some rules what is acceptable and what is not..
I am seeing you are very young, and even now you feel sad and dissapointed but there is still a lot of great opportunities out there waiting for you...you will see!!!
Probably God wanted for you happen this way!!
Nothing you can do about it...but cheer up,cos they picked you, so that means you are worth it!!!

All the best for you from ME

toefike
20th Mar 2010, 19:29
You will have a new blood test (actually 2 blood tests), X-ray, ECG, general examination, urine test, eye test, psychologist evaluation...etc. I think almost everything again.

Bill_Australia
22nd Mar 2010, 07:24
Hi guys had my final interview today , would have to say it was one of the best interviews Iv ever had and came out of it feeling amazing , was given some good feedback as well about what they noticed over the three days ,

Now I play the waiting game 3 weeks hopefully goes fast !

Francois
22nd Mar 2010, 09:48
Hey guys !

I'm ruminating about something ! =)

About the Hepatisis test , ( there are 3 if I recall well ) , I'm not vaccinated against Hepatisis ( in France it's not mandatory).

Then what will happen with the test's results ?

Is there a minimum level to have ( i won't have it for sure I guess ) ?

Is it disqualifying ??

Thanks .

topgun_29
22nd Mar 2010, 09:58
Hi Francois, if you are positive to at least one hepatitis it is disqualifying. You will be tested on HepA, HepB and HepC, but do not worry, if you are not vaccinated against it, it does not mean that you have it....and vaccine against HepC still does not exist!

rfortupino
22nd Mar 2010, 14:23
I'm also waiting for the medicals results answer!! Same as you Flying_Adobo sent the medicals last thursday and still no response. I supose they are a bit busy with many medicals sheets to chek out.

Saint Patience :}

toefike
22nd Mar 2010, 15:09
@ Flying Adobo: :) Life in Doha? So far so good. I like it here. I think there're still lots of things to see. I'm still on training, but hopefully not for a very long time any more.
I know exactly what you were talking about with this waiting, and refreshing your mail page every minute. :bored::) I did the same. I checked my mailbox every day at least 100 times...and I was lucky, I got my congratulatios mail only after 10 days, but it seemed to be forever.
Don't worry, everything is gonna be OK, and you'll find yourself here doing your training very soon. :ok:

@rfortupino: I can confirm, they are working a lot and they are very-very busy at the recruitment department.

hayley.lundall
22nd Mar 2010, 17:58
Hi All,

I'm so happy!

:):ok::O:ok::):):ok::ok:

Thank you to everybody for all the advise and emails.
Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Anyboy else that start training on 12th April?

skyisbeautiful
22nd Mar 2010, 18:24
Hi everybody!!

First of all I wish for everybody who is waiting great luck and all the best!!

I have a question...

How much time we get when we got e-mail that we are cleared??

Do we get at the least one month,or less??

And I am a woman,so please ladies help...:O

Rescue99
22nd Mar 2010, 19:17
Hello, PPruners! This is my first post, so don't be too harsh on me if I screw up. :}

I'm planning on attending the QR OD in Porto Alegre, Brazil, in a few days time. I've been doing research on QR and Qatar itself (economy, government, history), because I want to be as prepared as possible for the interview.

I'm also looking for questions that may come up during the event to be better prepared. I learned a lot by using the search function and reading the threads here, but there are some questions that were left unanswered, so forgive me for further testing your patience and asking you. I'll enumerate the questions so you'll have an easier time answering them if that is your wish. :)

1- What's the best CV model to hand over to the QR recruiters? I have one that I sent to other airlines which has a 5x7 cm photograph in business attire attached, that is quite thorough and complete. Is that ok or would you guys recommend something else?

2 - Is it necessary to provide a letter with the CV? If so, what pointers could you give me to make a good one?

3 - Is there anything else to take apart from the CV, and a full-size picture? I heard about a passport sized one but I'm not sure if that is the case.

4 - Are slip-on shoes acceptable for men? They are elegant and discreet, and go really well with my suit.

5 - Are any PPruners going to go over there? It'd be nice to meet some people from here!

6 - What is the level of English required for the job? I have a good grasp on grammar and pronunciation (or so I've been told), but I sometimes get mixed up when I'm nervous. Especially since my native language is spanish (I've been living in Brazil for five years, and spanish, english and portuguese sometimes get mixed up in my head).

Thanks a lot for your time and patience, and kudos for the community. It's filled to the brim with solid info and good people. Cheers!

toefike
22nd Mar 2010, 22:18
@ Flying Adobo: J-boy?!?! Haha, I have an idea who you are. You're friends at facebook as well with Eggward, right? ;) He's not my batchmate, cause I'm a girl. But he's my friend. :) I think we're gonna meet tomorrow, I'll tell him 'hi' on behalf of you. :)
Regarding the time: bewteen my final interview and my date of departure for Doha it was cca. 7,5 weeks. So less than 2 months only. I really wish you the same! :ok:

@skyisbeautiful: it is not really working like this. I mean you send your medical results. They will reply.
You can have an answer like: OK, but please repeat the (lets say A) A examination, cause it was not good. Maybe your doctor at home will say, but it was, however it doesn't matter. If they ask you to repeat, you have to repeat ASAP.
Or you can also get a mail like this: thank you very much for the results, can you please tell us if you can come to Doha on (lets say 27 March) 27 March? If you get a mail like this: it means, 99% that you're OK, and you'll be medically cleared.
For me it was like: I had to repeat something, I sent the results, after my contact asked, if I can travel on that particular date, I answered, OK, I can travel that time, they started organising my visa, my e-ticket, we were talking about exact time of departure/arrival, necessary documents, clothes...etc. And than I got my official offer letter with my medical clearence. But at that time I already knew, that I'll fly to Doha in 1 week time. So, don't worry, and don't wait medical clearence at the beginning. Maybe you'll only get it while finalising everything. Good luck guys/girls! :ok:

Raoni
22nd Mar 2010, 22:28
Hello,
Regarding your questions:
About the resume, I think I would advise you to handle the recruiters a lean one, with your personal information, what you expect from the job, previous experience, aptitudes, languages you speak, remember that they will have to look into a lot of resume and photos so, the more objective the better.
Bring together with your resume a passport size photograph in business attire, smiling, looking straight to the camera, and a full size photograph also in business attire, with your hands resting on the side of your body, and one foot positioned slightly ahead the other, looking straight to the camera with a nice open smile. they preffer blue backgroud.
I think slip on shoes are ok, if they go with your suit...
About the english level, speaking for your post, I guarantee you wonīt have any problems. Itīs normal to be nervous in an interview, and the recruiter totaly understand mix up mistakes, once english is not your native language and you are under pressure.
Hope I have helped you a bit, if you need any further information, just pvt me here ok?
Good Luck!!!

Raoni
23rd Mar 2010, 03:17
hey guys...
strange thing I heard today. After the assessment day a frienf of mine said the recruiters told them that they wonīt need to do medical exams here, only a blood test, and the rest of the medical examinations will take place in Doha...
Does anyone know something about that?

Raoni
23rd Mar 2010, 05:51
yeah I had to do all the medical examinations here and send them to get the clearance...
Iīm just wondering why tjey changed it since they are very strict about the medicals...

tinywings
23rd Mar 2010, 13:08
Hi everybody,

It's a long time that I've been reading the forum, and I am very grateful to all for sharing the experiences and the greats tips for the interviews.

I would like to know if anyone is going to attend to the next Open Day in Frankfurt on 27th March.
If so, just contact me and maybe we can meet there.

I am so nervous, but I 'll try to do my best. I only hope not forgot my English :S, I have the same problem that the guy who goes to the Open Day in Brazil ( I forgot the nick) and I mix Spanish, German and English and sometimes it's really hard to speak properly in one of them:ugh:

Thanks a lot again, and wish the best luck to all the people attending to any Open day

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 14:40
Hi,

Was just wondering if I could get some opinions? I had my final interview with Qatar Airways 3 weeks ago today and still haven't heard either way whether I have been successful. They say that if they don't contact us within 3 weeks we should contact them, but I don't want to seem too pushy. Was going to leave it another week. Do you think it is more likely to be good news or bad news. Am getting really nervous and keep going over things that I did wrong in my interview:eek:

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 16:03
Thanks Flying Adobo,
Thats what they told us also. Will give it til Friday, am just hoping it's good news

Raoni
23rd Mar 2010, 16:04
@ Flying_Adobo (http://www.pprune.org/members/320599-flying_adobo)
No iīm not in Doha yet, I attended the selection process here in Brazil last november, It took 5 weeks for me to get the congrats email, i sent the medicals on january 4th and got my clearance on feb 4th, so it can take a long time. Specially for guys, as they have just one male batch in a month. All the guys here were tentatively booked to go in january but the first 2 guys are going next friday, and the rest of us are going on april... So just be cool. :ok:

@jetstreamhoney (http://www.pprune.org/members/324147-jetstreamhoney)

I advise you to contact them by email or phone, they will tell you why is taking more then 3 weeks for you to receive a response. :O

ScrapyCoCo1
23rd Mar 2010, 16:57
which 2 guys are going in March?
and who all are going in April, and on which date?
Raoni what was your earlier date of joining?

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 17:15
Hi,
Thanks for that. What sort of things do you think may be holding it up?

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 17:37
No I'm not a guy. Are you already working for them? If so, having fun?

goldensky
23rd Mar 2010, 18:07
Hi guys,

I'm also waiting for results from my final interview three weeks ago, I understand the frustration and it's only been three weeks for me so who knows what it's like for them who have been waiting longer!! :eek:

I check my emails at least 10 times a day (worth it in the long run I hope) ;)

EUSAL
23rd Mar 2010, 18:28
HII!! I want to ask the following :) .. The process has been very fast, OD was on feb 14th, FI Feb 15th .. by this time I already been cleared( after repeating some exams and reports ) I got two days ago my job offer , I already send it signed , got the email saying they have receive it.. I am booked to fly on the 16th of April, training is on the 19 th, but they told me not to resign cause they havenīt get the visa yet...... Any one knows how long can it take to travel to Doha once you have the clearence and job offer signed ? :) or how long does the visa takes?

Raoni
23rd Mar 2010, 19:08
for girls things are faster, because there are batches beginning every week...
The visa depends on the immigration department, a friend of mine was schedule to go march 12, but they delayed her departure due to visa issues, to march 19

EUSAL
23rd Mar 2010, 19:27
Thanks for the info.. do they send the visa by normal mail? or how dose the stamp works? stupid question I know but since I have my passport with me.. I dont know how it works :).. can anybody leaving in Doha tell me howīs life there? anyone flying.. average salary with flighting hours? I dont know if I can ask this type of questions , I am new here, found this USEFUL forum... cant wait to have this experience, totaly the other side of the world for me.... :)... daily clothe when you are not on training?

Rescue99
23rd Mar 2010, 20:47
The site Qatar Living | Everything you need to know about living in Qatar (http://www.qatarliving.com) has several resources and discussion about life in Qatar. Hope I helped. :ok:

rahulpereira
24th Mar 2010, 08:36
Hey everyone, I am new here although i have been reading some of the threads.
I haven't even applied yet but i am thinking of doing so but i have a question for you , on their website I found out that on the 10th of april they have CV submission in Mumbai, India. My question is it says CV submission and Females Only.
So being a guy can I go and submit my CV ?

Also I am actually a pilot who just completed training , so I am low on hours and there are no jobs currently in India , but as I love flying and have taken a loan to fund my flying , i want to join Qatar as a Cabin Crew. So should I mention this in my CV ?

Please don't get offended guys, I have always loved travelling and so would love to work as a cabin crew too.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rahul Pereira

ScrapyCoCo1
24th Mar 2010, 13:51
to be honest QR is not hiring any males from India and it would be of no use.
However, why don't you apply in EK?
I believe they are hiring male CC (they hired from mumbai, may be this month or the last one)
Do tell us if you get an invitation for AD.
All the best!:ok:
Check your PM

ScrapyCoCo1
24th Mar 2010, 15:23
it would be risky to try that, since they are not hiring male CC from asia, its only china where they are going in April.
why don't you apply online, if they want you they will tell you...
there is another PPL holder from india, AVshrey. he's going on 27March for training. why don't you ask him whether he showed the experience or not.

ScrapyCoCo1
24th Mar 2010, 15:36
1st March!
you have been waiting since then?

rahulpereira
24th Mar 2010, 16:05
Hey guys thanks a lot for your replies, as scrapycoco1 said I'll most probably apply online.
If I'm not wrong for EK you need to be minimum 21 whilst I just turned 20 in feb so that would be another year's wait which I don't want to do.
Also I don't know how to find AVshrey on here ,can you help me out scrapycoco1 ?

I sort of knew that it was for females only , the only reason i asked was because the way it said " CV submission and Females only " . I thought maybe everybody could give in their CVs but presently they would only hire females, but anyways thank you both for giving me an insight.

Congratulations on you getting in Flying_Adobo.

And scrapycoco1 what are you doing presently?

Regards,
Rahul Pereira

ScrapyCoCo1
24th Mar 2010, 17:04
this March. ok
i thought you meant last year "last March 1st"
:}

ScrapyCoCo1
24th Mar 2010, 17:08
go to page 31.
last post is by him.
no idea regarding the age..
apply online (its free of cost) hehee.
if they want you then they might call you.
however i think its 20yrs, due to alcohol serving policy

oski.oscar
25th Mar 2010, 11:55
Hi there!!!
Is anybody going for an interview in Glasgow on 28.03???

PinkyPinky
25th Mar 2010, 14:18
Hello everyone,

I received a congratulatory phone call from Qatar Airways on Tuesday saying I have been selected and I shall proceed with my medical check-up. Problem is, she promised that I will receive an email regarding the medical check-up by Wednesday, which was yesterday.. It is going to be Friday soon.. so I am thinking whether I should email them or I should just wait a while longer?

Please Advise! Thanks!

PinkyPinky
25th Mar 2010, 15:10
Flying Adobo,

Yes it is confirmed.. the number starts with +9744.....
And at the same time, another girl also received the phone call from QR and she called me right after hanging up. I attended the Open Day in Kuala Lumpur :) I am from Malaysia.

So what should I do now that I still haven't receive the email? Please advise! Thanks!

Torontofly
25th Mar 2010, 15:42
Hi Everyone
I am new here and I am attending the open day on March 27 in Toronto,
I had a question about the photos, how many photos and what photos do they need for OPEN day only?

And I am a girl, so should my hair be tied back or I can leave it down? I have medium length hair , a little bit below my shoulder

ScrapyCoCo1
25th Mar 2010, 21:35
hi!
i'm a guy so don't know exactly about hair thing, but y don't you ask this in EK thread because EK thread is always full of people and someone will help you out, and regarding pics, you need to carry 4 passport size and 2 full length photos in business attire.
regarding size then sorry but you would have to go back to a page where i answered the same question, sorry for being lazy but i can't find that brochure right now.
all the best!:ok:

toefike
25th Mar 2010, 21:40
@PinkyPinky: haha, are you form Malayisa??? :} There are many people just doing their trainings who got recruited at the previous open day in KL. :) I'm very happy for you, congrats! :D Are you Malaysian, or just went there for the OD?
Regarding your question: contact them, for sure. Its weird, that you got a phoncall instead of the mail, but anyway, if they said, your're OK, than you're OK. Call the recruitment department after 7.30 until 15.00 (local time in Doha), don't forget, you're 5 hours ahead us in Malaysia.
BTW: do you remember who were the ladies, who conducted the interview??? Or where they were from? Which country?

@Torontofly: hair up!!! Definitely up! The best is if you use a donut or you can make a french twist. Ponytail is not the best.
Pictures: BLUE background, simple, nothing behing you, just blue backgroung only. Business attire, for girls knee-lenght skirt (not mini, or too tight!!!), facing forward, smile. The passport photo the same: blue background, smile, hair up!
Make sure, that you're wearing make-up! At least: foundation, blusher, black mascara, colourful lipstick (e.g. rose, or red), also on the pics and also during the OD! And nails nicely manicured!
Good luck!!! :ok:

martime
25th Mar 2010, 22:02
Hi!

I just wanted to ask if you think that its ok if my pictures doesnt have blue background.All my pics has a white one.Is that OK or I should rather do another pics?
Another question is...which documents I should take with me for an OD and hopefully FI?

Thanks for your help!

PinkyPinky
25th Mar 2010, 23:57
Thanks!! I am very happy that I got the call too but I have mild scoliosis and I don't know how many degrees. Actually I am VERY worried right now. Hopefully it is under 15 degrees! Sigh!

I am a Malaysian :) I remember the interviewers..I remember where are they from and how to pronounce their names but I am not sure how to spell them because of the difficulty to cope with their accent. Alright I am going to email them right now! Pray for me that my mild scoliosis is under 15 degrees yea! :)

Oh btw, how many days do they usually give us to complete our medical check up and have them sent in? Do you know which medical check up in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia that the finalists usually go to?

dinamsadek
26th Mar 2010, 09:52
Hello!!
How is everyone doing?

I've heared there is an OD in Egypt at the 10th of April, is there is anyone going?
It is gonna be my third time to apply and am so worried. They dont even look at you like you are a human being lol they just take the cv and the pictures and ask you 3 questiones max and thats it, you dont get to be yourself because there is no time for you to even try and you dont get to prove that you deserve the job !!!
I wanna know something though, is that question that they ask you about whether you have applied before or not is a tricky question? I mean if you said that you did they just don't look at your CV again or what??
Thanks,
I wish you all guys luck :ok:
Dina Sadek

safoan19
26th Mar 2010, 10:20
hi pinky,
congratulation for your success.dont worry just sent them your medical report.everything will be fine.do let us know about your progress.thank you.

EUSAL
26th Mar 2010, 19:39
Still waiting for the visa and travel information.. Thanks :)

ScrapyCoCo1
27th Mar 2010, 08:51
no its not true that if you say yes and they'll reject you i said yes because i did apply before and i got selected.
it depends upon how you greet them or for that matter say good buy.
when you meet them ask them "hi how are you doing today"
and when you leave "thank you, and have a great day"
these are just an example, you should always smile when saying such things, but it shouldn't be fake they ARE oh yes they are smart enough to judge it.:ugh:

qtr.crew
27th Mar 2010, 14:48
Help please.
Last year I pick treponema pallidum (syphilis). Doctor gave me injection of penicilin intra-musc.
Now, I'm healthy nad I don't have problem with that.

My serologic results shows HIV negative, HEP A B C negative, VDRL negative (but also another test is used in the same time - TPHA which shows positive result - reactive).

Doctor inform me that TPHA test show allways positive (reactive) result if patient had that bacteria in body (treponema pallidum or syphilis).

He separate these results and he gave me only VDRL result that show negative result and I send that one today in Doha.

Guys, they send me only VDRL test to done. But if thay make TPHA test in Doha whin can show that i had syphilis what then?

Help!
:(

neverno
27th Mar 2010, 16:22
I'm from Croatia and VDRL is not in use here like standard method.
They use TPHA, RPR and some other tests (imunoblooth-syphilis) etc...

After all these examination, my doctor send me with some letter (refferal slip) in lab. and he "told" them to make me VDRL test which is negative/non-reactive.

I think they will use only VDRL test because that one is initial test. Only if VDRL is positive or reactive, they will use another method like PCR method, TPHA test, RPR test etc.

BrazillianWannabe
27th Mar 2010, 17:02
Today was the open day at Porto Alegre, and I'm hoping to get a call.
Just passed by to thank all the information and congratulate everyone who has got it!

PinkyPinky
27th Mar 2010, 17:16
Hello again. I'm the one who wrote an email to the HR of QR about two days ago asking for the email regarding the medical check-up procedures. I wrote the email because I did not hear from them again after receiving the congratulatory phone call.

It has been 2 days and still no reply from them. What should I do?
Did any of you guys experienced this slow response before? Is this normal?

ScrapyCoCo1
27th Mar 2010, 18:20
you won't get reply because friday n saturday are off's, so wait till monday otherwise call them up and inform everything. the only strange thing is that you didn't receive congratulatory email. but don't woryy be patient

BrazillianWannabe
27th Mar 2010, 19:10
It was 2 very nice ladies, a polack and a british, katrina and carry if I can recall

sherrill
27th Mar 2010, 19:49
Hi pinky pinky,

I was wondering who are you as you use nick name here. Finally I read message from same batch of candidates from Malaysia. We both succeed in the interview. If you know my name, you should be able to guess who am I as I am not using nick name. Anyway, I think this round Malaysia's shortlisted candidates all got phone call confirmation instead of mail. This happen to me too and same as another Thai friend.

In the phone call, they sounded like want us to join URGENTLY and requested to reduce the notice period for those mentioned 1 month to 2 weeks. However, they are not sending us that so called "latest format" of medical form though they " sound" urgent as promised. I called to Qatar and another lady told me different story and claimed shall receive latest medical form within these two days (24& 25th) Still,there is nothing appear in my inbox.

I am in the dilemma of changing job. I got another land job offer to me within this period. After read through those older posts and realized that whole process will be taking 2-3 months (luck dependant) to have everything settles and fly to Doha. I was thinking shall I reject this coming land job offer or not. Sigh.. :( I feel bad if I join this company at this moment and will resign in short time after receive offer from Qatar.( IF I pass medical clearance)

Hard decision for me.. :(

ScrapyCoCo1
28th Mar 2010, 05:18
hi, if you are a girl theb the process is fast, my friend was asked to come to Doha at a short notice, she left withinn a month of receiving the congratulatory email and medicals.

sherrill
28th Mar 2010, 10:26
Hi ,

Glad to receive feedback! I got the offer letter and latest medical form today! Hurray! I shall process those docs in this two days. In mail, mentioned tentative leaving for Doha in April. Well, still have to wait for me medical results first.. :)

qtr.crew
28th Mar 2010, 10:30
Guys.... tell me more about that....
I'm very nervous now...
Help me with your opinions......

:(

sherrill
28th Mar 2010, 11:32
Hi all,

Does anyone can help on thing as below?

In offer letter mentioned I need to get a certificate of experience from current employment. Does it mean that I need to request my company HR to certify my status as employee? Does pay slip consider one of the proof?

ScrapyCoCo1
28th Mar 2010, 12:16
have you resigned from your co.?
if yes then experience letter or relieving letter would do.
it should mention your name, period of employment.

dinamsadek
28th Mar 2010, 13:20
Sherrill when you quit your job and go to recieve your documents from the HR check with them about whether you can get an experience certificate or not because at some companies they only give you one if you have been working there for more than a year.

anyhow it is a document written in it you name and the duration that you have been working there for the HR should sign it and I guess for some companies the General Manger should sign it too
and no pay slip is not considered as a certificate of experience
the pay slip is only a prove that you are working there now but it is not a prove of how long have you been working there plus some experience certificate have an evaluation of your work at it
I hope I helped, Good Luck Sherrill:ok:

PinkyPinky
28th Mar 2010, 15:26
I have received the same email too, Sherrill!

OMG i am so excited as it says " you are Tentatively booked to travel in the month of April 2010, From Malaysia"!

I was very worried before this when i saw someone commented that it takes up to 2 or 3 months to fly to Doha upon receiving the congratulatory email (if pass medical).. because currently I am also selected by Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and am waiting for medical check-up call. I hope QR can approve me before MAS because I really really wanna join QR so badly!

Sherrill, we should keep in touch and go for the medical check-up together! I shall pm you right now :)

Btw, I am currently jobless and not working, what should i do with the certificate of experience from current employment?

ScrapyCoCo1
28th Mar 2010, 16:40
hi, no you don't require the certificate since this would be your first job.
did you show any experience regarding training or internship?
if you have then you may require it..

Francois
28th Mar 2010, 17:06
Hi there !

I've just received my congrats email !! At present i've to complete my medical form within the 2 next days ( So short , and quiet strange from what I 've read ) .

But I've a question about the job offer...

Do I have to fill it up and then send it in the same time than my medical form ? Or just keep it and send it when it will be asked ??

Thanks in advance for answering ! =)

PinkyPinky
28th Mar 2010, 17:30
Yes i did mention about an internship which i did 2 years ago.. and another 3-month contract job i did last summer..
But they were so long ago! And i don't even keep in touch with any of my ex-colleagues.. do i really have to get back to them? That would be really awkward..

since i have been jobless for more than half a year, am i exempted from providing that certificates?

ScrapyCoCo1
28th Mar 2010, 18:05
well you know what I've no idea about that, however what i do remember is that they mentioned during FI that we should mention any experience or internship in the form.
i don't know regarding this and if you ask them regarding this then may be they'll ask for it, i'm not sure though.sorry, may be someone will help you who's in the same situation
or just incase they do ask then what?
i think why don't you conact your ex employer? if you never took those letter then its your right to ask for it, otherwise its your call dear..:)

Francois
28th Mar 2010, 18:26
@ FlyingAdobo

Thank you very much ;)

I'm tentatively booked to travel in April from Madrid , even if I'm from France . =)

I will see you in Doha if you leave for Doha in April ! =)

Au revoir :ok:

teefly
28th Mar 2010, 21:53
Hey everyone I just got back from my 2nd interview day for Qatar airways recruitment day in Toronto.
I MADE IT TO THE FINAL INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very excited, but i still have one more final interview... Then I no the recruitment team back in Qatar have to view my photos and resume too, so i am not getting to excited until i receive the final phone call. BUT AT THE SAME TIME I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone around who works for Qatar airlines. The airline seems very professional and strict what I believe these rules make them a 5 star airline. Very excited and would be proud to work for this airline :)

arabellamiller
28th Mar 2010, 22:31
Got the congratulations email this morning, cant believe it! Tentitively booked for April!!:)

Re the question about sending the offer letter, I got that too and it says it on one of the forms that you send it to them with your medical. Its best to send it and it not be needed than not!

Hope medicals go ok!!!
X

Francois
29th Mar 2010, 08:25
@ Flying_adobo

So we'll be in the same batch if my medicals are ok ! ( they will ! )
I was in Madrid because I couldn't wait for the OD's in Paris ! It was too long . I had a friend living in Madrid just next to the place where the meeting stood . So that was a good opportunity ! =)
I will leave from Madrid as it's said , I don't wanna be "pushy" . And Madrid is not so far from where I live so it's ok .

@ Arrabellamiller : Congratulations ! :D
I read my mail again , and you're right it's told that we have to send the offer of employment with the medical form. But do you know who the witnesses have to be in the service undertaking's page ??? ( Parents for instance ?)
and do you also know what our staff number ?? We need it for the last page in "Nondisclosure Agreement" .

Thanks . =D

leewan
29th Mar 2010, 08:34
Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but does anyone knows where QR CCs stay when they are in Singapore ?
Thanks !

Do not give out the name of crew hotels, under any circumstances.

Moderators

Saab Dastard
29th Mar 2010, 10:15
Do not give out the name of crew hotels, under any circumstances.

Moderators

rfortupino
29th Mar 2010, 10:53
I was in Madrid because I couldn't wait for the OD's in Paris ! It was too long . I had a friend living in Madrid just next to the place where the meeting stood . So that was a good opportunity ! =)
I will leave from Madrid as it's said , I don't wanna be "pushy" . And Madrid is not so far from where I live so it's ok .

Just tell them that you came forward to the OD in Madrid but you're living in France (...your city). Give them the same explanation you've given to us. They won't have any problem to book you a ticket from Madrid or Paris, it's the same for them, but not for you :ok: Otherwise you'll have to pay the ticket to Madrid. It's just my opinion. :)

Francois
29th Mar 2010, 12:08
Ok Thanks you guys for your advices . I'll warn them that I'm from France, as we can bring 100Kg from our own country it's convenient for me =)

See you in Doha guys !

dance.in.the.air
29th Mar 2010, 16:20
Hi everyone!

New to the forum but got an email yesterday saying I have been accepted for the position!! Going for medical tomorrow! Anything I should know before going? Lets hope it's all good!!

@PinkyPinky

I also emailed HR with no response so I phoned them and they told me to wait for a response by email!!.....Hmmmm.....We could be waiting a while I think!

Good luck for your training! I have my medical tomorrow so hopefull we will cross paths in Doha in a few months. Please keep posting your thoughts! I would love to know how you're getting on!

Good luck again!

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 17:42
Pinky, it's mission impossible!!!

(I think someone had mentioned that "2 days" before and I remember I thought that it was strange... They cannot be serious!)

They should know that as well...

Don't worry: write, explain (short!!! they are receiving hundrends of e-mails!), and send the results which you have and send the rest later. You had to wait weeks for their answer, they can wait a little bit more. They will make you repeat lots of stuff - as I read it here in this topic - , anyways.

What else could you do?!

Francois
29th Mar 2010, 18:17
Yes Mari that was me who had to do the medical in two days ! I have to confess that it's so difficult ! I like challenges but this one is very hard because it doesn't depends on me !

I have problem to get reports about my serology ( HIV VIH Blood Group ) only in English ! I think i will follow your advice after having explain to them ! =)

I've another question ... I received my mail on last Sunday and they say as you now know that I have 2 days to my medical BUT I only confirmed reception of their mail this morning . So do I dispose till Wednesday to complete the medical form or till tomorrow ???

Thanks ..

PinkyPinky
30th Mar 2010, 00:20
This is weird. My post seems to have been deleted because I have been using "text speak".

stud_fac
30th Mar 2010, 04:12
When something's are impossible doing it on allocated time frame then there is no harm by telling them firmly it's impossible. In my case they gave me 5 days to complete my medicals and I completed in almost 10-15 days. :} (by providing them actual explanation of course).

So tell them the actual reason and relax.

Ciao

PinkyPinky
30th Mar 2010, 05:46
Thanks for the advices :) I will do that. I just came back from the X-ray and my scoliosis is 15 degrees. I heard they accept the maximum of 15 degrees?
I will scan the x-ray report now along with the offer letter and passport, and email them by today.

Will also explain to them that I can only email them the rest of the medical report at the end of this week. Good?! :) Thanks again!

dance.in.the.air
30th Mar 2010, 09:52
Hi Arabella

I was at the Dublin OD and was successful. Getting my med done tomorrow. How did you do?

jetstreamhoney
30th Mar 2010, 11:54
Hi Dance in the Air,

Congrats for success. Just a quick question, when did you have your final interview in Dublin? I had mine in Manchester March 1 and still not heard either way

dance.in.the.air
30th Mar 2010, 12:48
Hi jetstreamhoney!

Thank you! I had my final interview on Monday 15th March and I heard in just under two weeks on Sat 27th March. But I have seen people on here writing that they heard up to five weeks after!! The waiting is tough but hang in there and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Did you swap numbers with anyone else at the Open Day in Manchester? Maybe get in touch with them if you have their numbers. Myself and a few other girls all received the email on the same day so this would be a good indication!

Best of luck!

Can anyone tell me what exactly the medicals involve please? I have mine tomorrow with my local Doc but I'll have to go to the hospital on a separate date for the x-ray etc....is that what you guys did? What else is involved eg ECG or anything else?

Any advice would really help!

Thanks!:ok:

Francois
30th Mar 2010, 13:47
To those who have got their offer of employment , do you what is our stuff number ??

Thanks .

rfortupino
30th Mar 2010, 13:49
@dance.in.the.air:

http://www.pprune.org/5582523-post627.html

dance.in.the.air
30th Mar 2010, 14:27
Thanks for the link!!

@Francois, I don't know my staff number either....Maybe they assign them after you clear your medical!?!:confused:

jetstreamhoney
30th Mar 2010, 14:39
Hi Dance in the Air,

I didn't swap numbers with anyone. I did find someone on one of these forums and they said they are still waiting. It's just a bit bizarre that some people really quickly and others don't. Do you know if the unsuccessful candidates from your interview day also received emails at the same time as you?

dance.in.the.air
30th Mar 2010, 15:08
@jetstreamhoney

No, some people didn't hear anything. The recruiters said that you would only hear something if you were successful. But like I said, some people were waiting up to five weeks!

MikeJon
30th Mar 2010, 15:13
Hi Everyone from Spain!

Iīm tentatively booked to travel in April from Madrid. Two days ago I was

extremely happy but now... now Iīm hysterical! ;)

Here are my doubts:

1)I read the pre-employment medical instructions and it says that the ECG is for older than 50 years employees. Isnīt it?

2)This one is for future cabin crew members from non-english speaking countries: What do you do to obtain the medical reports in english?? I suppose that in Germany or Japan, every doctor knows english but that is not the case of Spain...

3)The recruiters said that we had to include in our aplication forms every job we had had since highschool EVEN if we didnīt have a contract. How can we get a certificate of experience from those employers many years from then? It would be kind of akwaard!

Thank you everybody, I will also try to dispel your doubts!!!

jetstreamhoney
30th Mar 2010, 15:21
Thanks. Will keep my fingers crossed and will post on here if and when I hear. Our recruiters asid that we would hear either way so will give it another week or so
Good luck with medical and training

MikeJon
30th Mar 2010, 15:34
One more doubt, when do you think we will fly to Doha? At the end of April or earlier?

qtr.crew
30th Mar 2010, 16:14
///

Esprite
30th Mar 2010, 18:15
Hi everyone,

I have heard from my friend working with QR that If you used to work with Qatar, you'll not able to apply to Emirates or Etihad for 1 year. Is that true? And do you know why?

Thank you very much.

arabellamiller
30th Mar 2010, 18:42
@ MikeJon

Nope you don't need the ECG, its for over 50s!
Good luck with everything else :O

nipe
30th Mar 2010, 21:51
Hi everyone,

I just have a question for the forum. Does anyone know what the maximum age limit is for Qatar Airways and Emirates at the time of application for CC. Thanks

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 00:54
Officially: none.

Non-officially: 34.

At both companies - as far as I know.

jetstreamhoney
31st Mar 2010, 09:44
Hi everyone

I got my golden call and also email from Qatar Airways at 7:30 this morning! I can't believe it, had given up hope as it has been so long. I really nervous about the move.
Have a question or people. I know there are some people on this thread who have also recently had acceptance from Qatar. Has anyone got long term boyfriend? I've been with my boyfriend and I'm nervous about leaving him as I want it to work ut long term. Any advice?...

lili2929
31st Mar 2010, 10:01
Congrats to all of you !
Jetstreamhoney, the best way to keep your relationship with your boyfriend is to get married and see if he can find a job in Qatar aswell !

ScrapyCoCo1
31st Mar 2010, 10:10
yup get married come to Doha then go back home forever!
no you can't marry before 3yrs, its in the contract! Unless you get married and don't tell them, however if he does come to Doha then sooner r later they'll find out, and then it would get messed up.
i heard you can request flights, so may be you can ask for your country's flight, then you can meet every month! I hope it works out.

celestina
31st Mar 2010, 12:11
Hi! Hope someone can clear this up.

How come airlines advertise that their minimum height requirement is 5"2 and 212cms arm reach but those who go to ADs report that the marker for reach test is actually 215-217cm. Even agencies advise applicants about this. Even EK does this. Hope someone can clear up who came up with 5"2 and 212cms requirement if it's not really being followed.

Thanks.

toefike
31st Mar 2010, 12:23
@arabellamiller: you don't need to do ECG during pre-medicals??? It's weird, we had to do it 3-4 months ago. It must be a new rule...Lucky you! :}

@jetstreamhoney: We were 20 girls in my batch: 2 girls already married, 2 engaged, 11 had boyfriends (some of them have been together for many years), and only 5 girls were single.
I don't know how everyone will manage their relationships, but if you are from UK (hopefully London) and your boyfriend also, you have a high chance to meet him a lot, because QR is flying to London every day. Even if you don't bid for London, you'll get a London flyight every month, 99%!
If you are married, that's a better situation, because your husband is officially your family member, so he can get discounted tickets after you finished your 6 months of probation.
Don't be afraid, if you love each other, if your relationship is stong, you'll make it, and find the way later on to meet! :)

teefly
31st Mar 2010, 14:20
Hey they said at the interview that you have to be 20... Go anyways just incase...

hey, i have a boyfriend aswell. & Im from canada and Qatar does not even fly into canada...... So I am nervous about are relationship aswell. He is actually from Libya tho... He does go home sometimes so hopeing we can figure something out.... I just had my final interview on monday... Im now waiting the 2 weeks for an email............ I am nervous though because i had a scar on my leg, but scars can be covered up with panty hose .... I have no tatoos or moles or anything just that stupid scar on my leg from a cat scratching me... If this scar ruins my chances, that cat better watch out.

dance.in.the.air
31st Mar 2010, 15:33
@Jetstreamhoney

Well done!!! That's great news! Did they say when you are 'tentatively' booked to fly? Now there is more waiting with the medicals unfortunately!

It is a bit of a bitter-sweet thing getting the job and being separated from your boyfriend. I can't relate to this as I'm currently single but if you want my advice, you have to take the job!! It is a one off opportunity and like some one else said, if you and your boyfriend are strong enough, you will find a way to make it work! Try not to let it worry you.

Good luck with the next stage! Hope the meds go fine and hoping to see you in Doha at some stage!:ok:

arabellamiller
31st Mar 2010, 20:24
teefly, dont worry about your scar.. I'm sure that with tights it is hardly noticeable. I have a 1cm scar just below my collarbone. I pointed it out at the FI and also declared it on the medical form. So far, no problem!! :)

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 22:39
If your scar was on your face, you should be worried. On your leg?! Forget about it!

Good luck with the relationship, though.

arabellamiller
1st Apr 2010, 07:46
Has anyone else had problems with their passport?? Like having to get a new one after being accepted?? Its gonna take me a few weeks but they said they cant hold my application indefinately... :bored:

gemmanorris84
1st Apr 2010, 10:30
Hi everyone!!

I got my congratulations phone call yesterday!!!

So pleased but panicking about getting the medical done in 2 days as its easter bank holiday!!!

I was at the Manchester interviews. Anyone on here from the Manchester interviews? If so, give me a shout.

xx

jetstreamhoney
1st Apr 2010, 12:00
Hi Gemma,

Congrats!!!:D
I was at Manchester interview and got my call yesterday too! Did you have your email on the first or second day?? I am still waiting for the email from them with the info about the shorter medical and the offer of employment letter. I will give them a call cos its turning out to be such a pain to get it sorted.
Keep in touch
x

arabellamiller
1st Apr 2010, 12:33
jetstreamhoney and gemmanorris, congratulations! when did they say you are tentitively booked to fly? dont worry too much about the 2days. they dont seem to be too strict on it. plus it's impossible for you as its easter!!

:ok:

vontisse
1st Apr 2010, 12:39
I have the same doubt! .__.
Everybody on the AD in POA was saying that the marker was way above 212! Thats not fair ;_;

Now, I'm doing stretching all day like crazy! LOL
=D

But I am sad, now I'll have to wait until they come to South America again!
They should say whats the height they're looking for.

Also, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart to everyone that makes posts here with tips and advices. You guys helped me so much!
Thank you, thank you! <3

gemmanorris84
1st Apr 2010, 14:21
Thank you Arabell.

Have you been offered a job as well??

They said that im booked to travel in April, but I need the pre medical to be ok first then work 4 weeks notice so I cant see myself travelling in April x

dance.in.the.air
1st Apr 2010, 15:09
@teefly

Hi teefly

I forgot to say to you that I also have a scar on my neck. I pointed it out in the interview and they could hardly see it so they said it wouldn't be a problem. But my Doc did say it on my med form anyway. I believe MAC Face and Body Foundation is great for covering scars if needs be!

Good luck!

andlander
1st Apr 2010, 18:59
The OD i had in my country singapore, they didnt even measure our height/weight. just told us to reach the 212cm mark. im 165 and i could reach a few inches in without tiptoeing. it should be quite alright!

height shouldn't be a problem. try practising tiptoeing and reach as high as possible! =)

anyway i have scars on my arm due to allergies in the past. it is a problem! the recruiter told me if they accept me, by the time i reach there the scars have to be cleared, or it would be a problem. but it's hardly possible.

anyone has any recommendations for a really good concealer?

Francois
3rd Apr 2010, 11:51
Hey guys !
I have a question for you. It's been 3 times that HR has asked me for doing again a comment on my chest and my pulmunary function, by My doctors and I really don't know what they are excpecting about that .

Please could you give an exemple or could you help me Because I don't know what to do anymore ...

Thanks .

qtr.crew
3rd Apr 2010, 15:33
Guys?
All of you are non-reactive?

Francois
3rd Apr 2010, 16:06
to QTR-CREW

About VDRL , they told me that it not required , but I don't if it changes according to the country you live in .

And about TPHA , ( is it the same as the VDRL one ?? ) , i didn't do that , it wasn't required for me .

qtr.crew
3rd Apr 2010, 17:02
Ok ok ok....
Now, I'm totally confused.

Did I understand you well?
They don't expect that you take VDRL test?

They send me form and thex expect me to take these test:

HIV1&2, Hep A, B, C and VDRL (syphilis test).

Now, I'm confused!

Does it mean that their expectation or requirements are different from country to contry?

What about others?

maryj
3rd Apr 2010, 22:12
On 2.4.2010 i attended an OD in dubai, lots of people there, din't get a call to proceed for the AD, i don't know where i went wrong- am just thinking where i went wrong or maybe the recruiter never liked me.

Raoni
4th Apr 2010, 02:53
You guys are lucky, last year we had to take blood type and Rh test, CBC test, VDRL, Hepatitis A B C, HIV 1 & 2, audiogram, chest and spine X-ray, Eye test report, ECG, and a whole medical form to fill up... i donīt know how they are conducing the medicals now...
Good luck everybody!!
Any male going on april 9th?

andlander
4th Apr 2010, 11:24
To qtr.crew

We only have to take VDRL in our own country. I don't think they will test for TPHA? Maybe you should just send in your medical report with VDRL in and not the one with TPHA and see how things go? Unless it is a requirement on your medical form.

qtr.crew
4th Apr 2010, 12:06

EUSAL
4th Apr 2010, 21:47
Hi Your Doctor has to mention in the report (written) pulmonay functions are normal , mention thorasic spine, bones structure, discs in order etc... with the proper wwords of course .. to leave it clear!! :)

jetstreamhoney
5th Apr 2010, 10:01
Hi Guys,

I had my call saying I was successful about a week ago and they said to wait for their email containing an offer of employment letter and an alternative shorter medical form. Firstly does anyone know how this shorter medical is different from the longer one? Does it still have blood tests? I still haven't had the email with this stuff in. I have emailed them and spoken to them on the phone and they say to wait for the email which hasn't come. I have spoken to a couple of other people who were at the same interview as me and they got theres the same day as the call. Am not really sure what to do about this
:\

floratristan
5th Apr 2010, 12:54
i am so new in this web site and i obviously haven't

READ THE FIRST STICKY THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE CCW FORUM!

so my post has been deleted

nnsoester
5th Apr 2010, 13:52
hello friends, there is open day at rome, italy in 17 april, i wish to go there and try. but my weakness is i'm short. i'm just 5'2". does it really matter?.anyone has any idea about that?..help me please..

Mari
5th Apr 2010, 15:35
It does. Check out the requirements:

Cabin Crew Requirements | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/cabincrew-requirements.html)

PinkyPinky
5th Apr 2010, 15:51
Dear jetstreamhoney,
Congratulations! :) I know exactly how you are feeling right now while waiting for the email!

As for your question, yes there are still blood tests required for the short term medical process.. except you don't have to do the Complete Blood Count and VDRL.
You will still need to do the others like HAV IgM, HBs Ag, HCV Ab, HIV 1&2.

Good luck! :) And I hope you know what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing short term medical process compared to the long term!

andlander
5th Apr 2010, 16:22
to nnsoester

like we said, as long as you can reach the 212cm on tiptoe it's fine..

arabellamiller
5th Apr 2010, 20:59
@ dance.in.the.air.. how come your doctor filled in your medical form? thought we'd to fill it in ourselves?? dont suppose it makes much of a difference because we dont need a doctors signiture at the end anyway??

@gemmanorris.. yup i got accepted!! waiting for blood/xray results now so I can send them to QA. hopefully all will be ok!

@everyone! I'm on holidays in Doha now.. I know somebody living here and had the holiday booked before attending the QA OD. Anyway, its so nice here! Very warm! People are very polite.. Roads are crazy..! Petrol is so cheap so everybody has cars!! Really enjoying it here and keep seeing QA planes and thinking 'hope i'll be up there soon'!! Going out to see the desert tomorrow, should be cool!

Best of luck to everyone waiting for FI results or medical results (like me!)..
Xx

Bill_Australia
6th Apr 2010, 02:26
Hi all , just received the call for Congratualions ! So excited!

Does anybody know of the advantages of long term medical as compared to short term , besides cost on my behalf for longterm ?

Im wondering whether to Go short term and just get over there , or longterm and wait longer!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers!:)

emirates1985
6th Apr 2010, 04:50
Hello guys. Has anybody shortlisted for the preliminary session for qatar crew which was open day in dubai 2 apr?

andlander
6th Apr 2010, 05:52
@Bill_Australia

What do you mean by long term/short term?

no3m1
6th Apr 2010, 07:55
Hi guys, just wanna know how long does it take for someone to leave for Qatar assuming he/she got the job. From the day she/he submitted the application till she/he get the Visa? :)

dance.in.the.air
6th Apr 2010, 14:50
Hi all

I was asked if I wanted to do the short or long term medical. After weighing up the pros and cons of each I went with the short term.

The short term means that you have to do a pre-employment medical in your own country which you will pay for. This includes bloods and x-rays. However, even if you pass this, you must also take a further medical in Doha. I believe this is a more in-depth medical which requires and ECG (heart) and other things. Even if you pass the original medical, there is a chance you may fail the one in Doha for some reason. If this happens, QA will incur the cost of flying you back to your country.

The long term medical means that a complete medical will be done in your home country and you will incur the entire cost of this. However, once you pass this, you are definitely cleared to work with QA and there is no chance of them sending you home once you get there (unless you break the terms of the contract or something!) I believe this is a much longer process and it means it would be a few months before you fly to Doha. An idea option for some one in college perhaps who cannot fly at short notice.

That's all I know I'm afraid. I hope it helps!
jetstreamhoney - if other people have got their email after the call I would get the email contact from one of them and let them know that you are waiting for the contract etc......Just in case!

Arabella - The doc filled out the form as there was a space at the end for them to sign and stamp it! Hope you are enjoying Doha! I'm super jealous!! :)

teefly
6th Apr 2010, 15:33
hi thank you so much for the encouragement about the scar, def going to hit up mac :)

-i have one week left to wait for my email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-then next comes the medical;), im not sick but i am so nervous thinking what if something is wrong with me...
-what routes has everyone done long or short?
I have no problem getting in to see my doctor, why would it take so long? I no there is alot of stuff to do....

ALSO ANYONE HERE WHO MADE IT TO THE FINAL INTERVIEW IN TORONTO RECENTLY ON THE MONDAY
( if yes there was 11 of us inbox me your statuses)

jetstreamhoney
6th Apr 2010, 23:02
Hi Dance in the Air,

I got my contract med form etc. I have also decided to do the shorter one. The full one looks like it will cost about 1000 GBP. Good luck with your medicals. I am tentatively booked to fly in April but I can't see this happening as I have to give 4 weeks notice at work.

floratristan
7th Apr 2010, 11:09
There is an open day of Qatar Airlines in Turkey ,Ankara on 10th of April.So let's see how many attendants are going to be?Hope everything will be great to all attendants:ok:

Noami
7th Apr 2010, 20:25
Helllo guys,

I haven't obtained medical clearance :( , of course they didnt write me why???? maybe it's because I have scoliosis, but it's only 12 degrees and it is said that we cant have more than 15 degrees
So I wonder why they disqulified me if my scoliosis is below 15 :confused:
rest of my medical results are very good .

wish you all good luck :ok:

BlueSkySid
7th Apr 2010, 23:13
CONGRATULATIONS and well done! Now your journey begins, you must keep us in the loop. I'm excited to hear how it all goes for you :)

andlander
8th Apr 2010, 06:23
Anyone got medical clearance this week? Getting impatient waiting. -.-

andlander
8th Apr 2010, 06:51
I Just Received My Clearance! Leaving On 17th April! Anyone Leaving On The Same Date?!

Does anyone know whether it is mandatory to have 20/20 vision on the airplane? Is it possible to not wear our contact lens/spectacles during work?

Thanks.

PinkyPinky
8th Apr 2010, 14:13
Flying_Adobo and andlander

Congratulations! I am so happy for the both of you! How envious! I can't wait for the good news too! I have 15 degrees scoliosis so I doubt I will get the clearance. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

One question, may I know how many days did you both waited for the result? Since the day you emailed/faxed them the medical reports until today (8th April 2010)?

andlander
8th Apr 2010, 14:22
@PinkyPinky

For me, I sent everything over last tuesday, 29 March. Supposed to send on 22 March but I missed out on some reports so everything dragged on! So it is only around a week +! The recruitment apartment seems to be working hard these days :8

Flying_Adobo & me were from the same interview so it's around the same time. :)

When was your FI?

Maria23
9th Apr 2010, 10:56
Ey everyone! I'd like to know how is the process for the height, i know you have to reach minimum 212cm right? But im 1,57 i can barely reach it, but i can't hold myself in the position. Are they very picky about that? How does it actually works?

Thnk you,

melrem1981
9th Apr 2010, 11:27
Hi all!

Just wondering, is QR quite strict when completing your pre-employment medicals?

In the email i received, it stated that you need to have everything completed within 5 days, from the day you receive the congratulatory email.

I've been trying and trying to find a suitable doctor who is able to conduct my pre-employment medical and the appointment i was able to get is over the 5 days...

andlander
9th Apr 2010, 11:56
@melrem1981 (http://www.pprune.org/members/323886-melrem1981)

just inform your coordinator, it will be okay!

for the height, they probably won't measure. but reaching the 212cm is mandatory.

melrem1981
9th Apr 2010, 12:35
thank you so much!

i've emailed them of my situation.

are you currently employed with QR?

dance.in.the.air
9th Apr 2010, 13:37
Hi everyone

There seems to be a lot of people getting medical clearance this week! Congratulations to all of you! I hope to be in the same boat as you in a few weeks time!

My medical is taking a long time to process, but I'm hoping I will have the forms completed by Tues and I'll send them the same day!

As for wearing glasses, I asked about this in the interview and they said glasses are not a problem as long as they are conservative looking.

Thanks to pennylovestrees too for keeping us updated! It's great to hear from some one who is in the training process!

Good luck everyone!

xxx

qtr.crew
9th Apr 2010, 18:52
I also received clearence yesterday...

andlander
10th Apr 2010, 02:04
@melrem1981

im leaving next week!

anyway for the glasses i meant can i NOT wear them, becos i dont like wearing them. i dont have perfect vision but still can see things quite well. would it be a problem?

dance.in.the.air
10th Apr 2010, 06:53
@andlander

I'd say if you don't want to wear you're glasses that's up to you. It's a personal choice I guess as long as it doesn't interfere with your work and you can read safety signs etc. I only wear my glasses for the computer etc so wouldn't be wearing them flying.

That's just my opinion though, not fact! :}

andlander
12th Apr 2010, 06:37
@pennylovestrees (http://www.pprune.org/members/319875-pennylovestrees)

yes im a girl.

anyone who's leaving on 17th april received their e-ticket already?

likulawe
12th Apr 2010, 08:36
Hi... im looking forwarding to a open day in nz. please tell me more about it

agape
12th Apr 2010, 09:17
Hi,all

I just want to ask if any of you has same situation as me or some one who can explain my situation.

My first Hgb result was 12.99g/dl which was in normal range but they asked me to redo my Hgb test again because it's out of their range. ?? I think that It is really strange because from my CBC result it showed that my blood size(MCV) are too big. I've searched on internet and found out that I might have anemia caused by Vitamin b12 deficiency. but I was surprise that they did not ask me to re do my MCV test but Hgb. so I had my CBC done again and the second result shows that I have Hgb 13.18 g/dl but still big blood cells. I hope It will not be a problem but I'm pretty worried because I do not know anyone that have problem like me.

topgun_29
12th Apr 2010, 09:41
I would like to say that I did not obtain a medical clearance because my MCV was lower than a normal range, I had three times to repeat my CBC, but it was always from 78 - 82.4 minimum is 83.00.
If your MCV is too high, it means that you have problems with vitamin B.... I was disapointed, because for specialists in Croatia I was fit for duty, because other values showing iron, like HBG and iron were in normal range, and for them there was no problem, but anyway I was rejected....
So I advice you to visit specialists and try to solve any problem what you have, even if it seems to be fine for your doctors in your country.

agape
12th Apr 2010, 10:29
Topgun, Did they ask you to repeat MCV which was the problem or something else? For me they ask me to repeat Hgb whichwas not the problem.

I do not know If I will pass medical or not. I'm thinking about taking Vb12 pill. Hope next blood test will be ok(If they ask me to redo it again).

skyisbeautiful
12th Apr 2010, 17:37
I am also leaving on April 24th.Found out today!

rfortupino
13th Apr 2010, 09:19
ņeņeņeņeņe

skyisbeautiful
13th Apr 2010, 15:31
Im a female, and you??

teefly
13th Apr 2010, 17:29
Hello everyone yesterday was my 2 weeks from my fi
I was told I would get a email in 2 weeks from my fi...
How long did it take everyone to get your email after your fi?
IM SO NERVOUSE

Noami
14th Apr 2010, 09:24
Hi all ,

Do you think is it possible to ask them why I didnt obtain medical clearance? Would they answer me?

marcorix
14th Apr 2010, 13:05
I would like to know something about the open day, too...
thank you in advance:ok: