PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ryangirl
9th Jan 2010, 11:49
Ive never heard about a thing like that. Hopefully nothing bad they only request some additional info about you. No worries. :) I am still waiting for my blood test result .. things are really slow in this country.. I hope i can forward to them next week all the tests and then final waiting period starts again. All my results are fine nothing found but I am really excited and scared that they wont take me. :sad: Does it happen often that they deny applicants after meds?

Madelie
9th Jan 2010, 12:26
Jake.o - thank you for your answer, but it wasn’t quite what I was asking about. I am aware that you have to pay off the bond, if you decide to leave the company. What I was asking about is if you have to wait before you are able to join any other Middle Eastern carrier? For example - if I’m working for Qatar and want to move to Emirates - do I have to resign and wait 6 months before being able to?

Mari
9th Jan 2010, 12:32
from Madelie:

Is it true that in Qatar you have to stay at the company accommodation 12 hours before your duty? And that you have to wait 6 months before joining any different Middle Eastern airline?

1. Yes, 12 hours before your duty. There are cameras in the building and security will check when you arrive/leave the building. You must be at your accomodation by 03.30 every day, even on your off days. (If you leave the country on your off days - after probation - , you need permission.)
2. No, it's 12 months from the date of resignation until the date of joining the new company. You can attend Emirates/Etihad open day 11 months after your resignation from Qatar Airways.

Most of the rules will be told on the Qatar open days. Read back and try to find some additional information if you are interested. EmmaGemma is a big help, as I recall.

Raoni
9th Jan 2010, 13:53
Ryangirl,
Just now I saw here that you received your congrats email...
I said everything was gonna work..
Very Happy for you :D
I´m waiting for clearance now... hope it comes soon
see you Doha :)

Jake.O
Did thay tell you what more health information they need?
When did you send your medicals?

jake.o
9th Jan 2010, 16:13
@ Raoni

I sent in my medicals on the 27th of Dec. I know what additional documents they want but I was very unsure about the expression they used "the doctor requested you to seek clearance and forward additional medical documents xyz"!

moongoddess25
9th Jan 2010, 20:27
Hi everyone!

I applied online for the recruitment day in Cebu and is still planning to go there personally for submission on the 24th.

I just want to know, what should be worn on that event, and I will very much appreciate you in providing tips and things to consider, please.

Lastly, is there anyone here who is also going to the CV submission in Cebu?

Lots if thanks! :)

obrkcj
9th Jan 2010, 23:48
Will Qatar, or any middle east airlines for that matter hire me if i have a history of Pulmonary tuberculosis? My chest xray would naturally reveal a HEALED scar... Anybody with similar experience? Please enlighten me. Or do they accept a waiver that im fit to work and completely treated way way back.

jake.o
10th Jan 2010, 11:34
@ flutterby1987

Yep. You were right. Thanks! :) It's all signed, sealed & delivered. Just have to wait for the clearance from them now! I think it will come fast because all they wanted was an additional piece of paper. They've already checked my medicals. :)

@ Ryangirl

If there's nothing wrong with your medicals there's no reason to worry! :) Just be patient!

kagezen
11th Jan 2010, 09:37
hey wats up guys.. i just recieved my e-ticket and visa today.. i'll be leaving on the 23rd.. and i'll be starting classes on the 25th.. to any guys starting on that day let me know :) thanks..

and good luck waiting for the rest of you people.. i was in the same situation a few weeks ago.. hold on tight..

want_to_fly
11th Jan 2010, 10:10
Congratulations Kagezen!

You must be so excited! Im happy for you :)

Im attending an open day in Sydney in 2 weeks time and was wondering if you can give me some tips? And also wondering how many pages your resume is what your layout is like?

Wish you the best and it's going to be such a life changing fun filled experience for you!

God bless :ok:

clarkcastle13
11th Jan 2010, 12:22
cool!!!

Congratulations to you! The time of waiting to fly begins..hehehe.

Happy for your good news.

michaelskofield
11th Jan 2010, 21:17
Can anyone tell me that how long (Qatar Airways Recruitment) do they take time to call for the interview? I just passed my CV on the main building (near Airport) last Jan 5, 2010. I have to laid my plans coz Im still working on a company. Please reply me as soon as you can. Thanks!

kagezen
12th Jan 2010, 03:48
Hi want to fly.. huh my CV was 1 page and a half.. and i also had a cover letter. the layout was my contact details on top, and then followed by my experience that i have.. i kept it short and to the point.. well thats the tip that i can give you. give a nice layout keep it short and precise.. remember they have loads of CVs to scan so make yours stand out dress up well, get very good photos and dont forget to smile all the time there.. and clark let me know on which day you are reaching doha ok?

Anais Nin
12th Jan 2010, 09:39
hi moongoddess

im from cebu philippines and i will be attending the QR OD this 24th. it's my 2nd OD already, i attended the last one in October but didn't make it to assessment.

are you from cebu? i heard a lot of girls from manila are coming over to join the OD.

good luck to you, :ok:

Jayinkorea
12th Jan 2010, 09:59
hi. ia also have a plan going to cebu this month.
I applied on online today. curious thing is if i wouldn't get an invitation letter from Qatar Airways, can't I go there?
as far as I know, invitation letter is not quite necessary one. isn't it?:eek:
anyway best luck to us:ok:

Anais Nin
12th Jan 2010, 10:52
you are correct. there is no need for you to apply online.
just show up with your best smile and CV, :).

by they way,are you female? most of the "jays" i know are males. and the OD in cebu this 24th are for females only. :)

michaelskofield
12th Jan 2010, 11:47
Hello everbody! Can please anyone tell me how long do they take time to call for the interview? Im based here in Doha, Qatar and I sent my CV last week through the dropbox in the main building. Are there any pros & cons if you're applying locally.

Are there any successful local hires here? Any feedbacks are highly appreciated. Please reply me as soon as you can. Thank you very much!:)

Jayinkorea
12th Jan 2010, 12:21
Hi there, I am female. nomally Jay is men's name. hahaha.
i'm korean and definitely going to cebu for job opening.:ok:
and do you have any idea how many candidates nomally gather for OD in cebu. I have heard a lot of girls come :>

Anais Nin
12th Jan 2010, 12:27
hi there, see you on the 24th then, :ok:.

last October OD in Cebu , there were around 500-600 applicants. however, in Manila, I heard there are around a thousand aspiring cabin crews. that's twice the number of Cebu applicants, :).

clarkcastle13
12th Jan 2010, 12:31
Hey there!..

As far as I know, Doha is not applicable venue as of the moment. Before, I think they had interviews there in Doha.
Honestly, before I was planning to go to Doha for a direct interview that was last Sept 09 and they discouraged me to go because they were not hiring cabin crews directly and advised to go to another gcc countries near by my country saudi arabia.. Then I went to Bahrain and attended the interview.
You can check their website if there is OD in any gcc countries near to Doha.

Are you an Arab? if then, you can easily go to the gcc countries they have OD.
Don't worry they are continuously hiring...

Goodluck..

Anais Nin
12th Jan 2010, 12:36
hi guys,

have you seen female cabin crews with very short hair?

i want to apply to QR's OD this 24 jan in cebu but im having doubts since i have very short hair. i can't have it in a ponytail or bun, :confused:.

do you think it would be a disadvantage for me?

hopefully somebody can help, :confused:

michaelskofield
12th Jan 2010, 12:39
thank you very much for your reply. Im a Filipino working as a Web Designer. Anyway, I'll just wait for their response its been only a week from now. Thanks again.

Raoni
12th Jan 2010, 13:39
how short is your hair?
They have some "hair rules"... the ladies should not have very short hair, and men can´t have hair too long, or shaved. in my case, when I attended the OD I had my hair reaching my ears, I pass through the AD but before my FI, as i´m a male I was told to cut my hair...
so maybe if they like you, they will advise you to let your hair grow... Take some really nice pictures along with your resume, and try to make a very good impression in the few seconds you have with the recruiters at the OD and I think you´ll be just fine...
hope that helps yous...
any doubts, don´t hesitate asking ok?
good luck

eggward
12th Jan 2010, 15:39
hey michaelskofield, I actually tried applying last Dec 2008 while I was in Doha Qatar making it til final interview but I just received the thank you email (rejectionmail) and I actually wondered why because I was the only person who got in for the final interview from the afternoon assessment.
moving on, I applied again but this time in KL, Malaysia and luckily making it again til the final interview and after 2weeks got the congratulations email. This is just my experience,.

michaelskofield
12th Jan 2010, 16:57
thats great news! I mean I still have a shot.

Eggward, can you please remember the duration on the time/day you sent your CV and the days after they call you for the interview?

thanks to both of you!

eggward
12th Jan 2010, 19:21
for my qr application in KL, Malaysia Dec 2009.
CV Submission was Dec 12, in the morning.
Got the call in the afternoon inviting me for the assessment the next day.
Dec13, in the morning We had our assessment, we were around 50 and 12 of us got in for the final interview the next day.
Dec 14, Final Interview
Dec 28 2009, Finally received my congratulations email :D

for my qr application in Doha, Qatar last Dec 2008.
I sent my cv through email months ago., I actually didn't received any invitation so I called the QR Cabin Crew Recruitment and ask. I also sent my resume through their office. On the 4th of December I received an invitation for the assessment to be held on Dec 20th in the afternoon. We were about 50 and luckily I was the only person who passed for the final interview. Dec 21st I had my final interview and January 5, 2009 I received the thank you email for my participation. a.k.a rejection mail :ooh:

thats it, hope i was able to help Kabayan! :ok:

oh I forgot to tell you michaelskofield. They just had their assessment last Dec 18, 2009. A friend told me and only 2 girls got in for the final interview. As I recall they only recruit Cabin Crew in Doha every December not sure though.

Anais Nin
13th Jan 2010, 04:38
hi raoni,

thanks for the reply.

my hair looks like this: http://nibsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/opt-pixie-cut.jpg :sad:

dream_to_fly
13th Jan 2010, 09:58
Hi there

To be successful working with Qatar Airways you will firstly need to show you have experience in any customer service sector. Which means in your resume you will need to display experiences you have in any customer service role. Usually the Qatar OD will take 3 days. The first day they will brief you on who/what and where Qatar is, lifestyle in Doha and cabin crew lifestyle. After that, we will approach them with our CV/resume and they usualy ask q's such as "tell me about yourself" or "What is your background" or maybe even "why are you here today". You will have 30-45 seconds to impress them. After that you leave and go home.

Should you succeed after the first day, they will call you and congratulate you with your success and invite you to a second day interview. The second day interview would normally be group work. They will organise you into a team and see how you interact with others and how well you work to build support to any team situation or problem solving task the recruiters give you.

And if you succeed after the 2nd day, they will ask you to come back on the 3rd day for a final one to one interview with the recruiters. This will take approximately 30-45 minutes where they will ask you various questions from handling difficult customers to how well you work with teams.

Remember to always smile, dont be too nervous and posture is very important! sit straight, dont shake your legs and bite your nails! Wear business attire and show the recruiters that you are well presented and ready for the job.

Hope this helps, and wish you all the best! I am attending an OD 31st Jan in Sydney so lets do our best to achieve our dream!

Cheers :ok:

kagezen
13th Jan 2010, 10:06
hey anais nin your hair is ok.. it needs to be styled down and you have to move it away from your face, that is the side bang shouldnt be there koz it would look weird when you are wearing the hat in your uniform.. your hair shouldnt cover your forehead.. so any style which covers your forehead or lower, they'll tell you to clip it down and move it behind your ear.. thats wat the recruiters told me.. bout female hairstyles.. and for us guys.. they say well groomed, no spikes, no stiff hair and no oil gel or watever makes it look wet.. but a little amount of gel is acceptable..

indianflygirl.. just go to the OD and be yourself dress up very nicely, kieep on smiling.. if you are married it doesnt matter as long as you are up to their standards.. check the older posts to get an idea bout the questions asked..

meaz
13th Jan 2010, 10:24
guys i am almost there to the wing!!! i just finished my practical exams for SEP and i am sooooo revealed !!!!

i started to wrtite my own blog if someone interested please PM me and i will give the address.

good luck for you guys who are coming soon , specially Kage!!! :)

congratulations! don't forget to shoot me a call when you come here!

Raoni
13th Jan 2010, 11:08
I don´t think that will be a problem, just take some great pictures with you, and smile a lot. Anything about grooming they will tell after the OD.
good luck :ok:

kagezen
13th Jan 2010, 11:46
yo dude you gotta give me the add for your blog i wana read your impressions of doha.. i'll give you a call when i reach there.. wat are you doing on the 24th? come see me and show me around town.. haha.. see you soon in sandbox.. and i hope to see all of my old pprune friends there who dont post anymore.. you guys and girls know who you are :ok:

toefike
14th Jan 2010, 03:34
Hi, do you know anyting about training for females in January/February?
I read here that these 2 months are full for males. But what about females?
Does anybody know???

CaptFickle
14th Jan 2010, 05:59
hello guys and girls! i've already went through all the rounds that qatar airways had put before some selected candidates,and came out successfully. I sent them my medical reports, which were all well and good, when they asked for it while congratulting me on being selected. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon7.gif
I have a question for the existing Qatar Aiways Cabin Crew. I am 20 yrs old, and have an Indian Private Pilot License. I originally wanted to become a pilot, but due to financial problems, was unable to do so. Godwilling, i got selected for Qatar Airways Cabin Crew, but wanted to know if there's any probability for the cabin crew to become pilots in Qatar Airways in the distant future? Do they hire internal staff as cadet pilots? Im really apprehensive about this, coz even though im gonna love my job as a flight steward, my dream is to become a pilot. So can you please shed some light on this subject?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon4.gif

angelesgirl
16th Jan 2010, 05:57
I would like to go to Cebu, where is the convienient place to stay. how long before we have to show to the hotel, for interview.
its my first time and im nervous already. it will be couple of days to go!..:uhoh:

angelesgirl
16th Jan 2010, 06:05
i am wearing eyes glass -100 for both eyes, would there be a problem about that? or i can just wear contacts and tell them about it?

kagezen
16th Jan 2010, 08:01
Corrective optics is not a prob.. as long as your vision is 20/20 after you wear your glasses.. and lenses should be clear ones, not coloured.. I myself wear glasses..

moongoddess25
16th Jan 2010, 19:22
Hi Anais Nin and JayinKorea!

I am actually from Quezon City and will fly to Cebu for the QR OD on the 23rd.

I am still looking for a place to stay in. :(

You mentioned that this will be your 2nd OD?

This will be my first, and it makes me nervous.

May I please know of any details, like what should be worn on that day and what else to be prepared?

I think invitation letters are not necessary.
Though I have not yet received an email from them with regard to my online application.

I do hope we can meet up with each other.

May we all be blessed!

moongoddess25
16th Jan 2010, 19:26
Hi Angelesgirl!

I am also looking for a convenient and cheap place to stay in.

Have you already found a place? Please give me some information if found one. I will appreciate it very much. Thanks!

Hope to see you there!:)

Ryangirl
16th Jan 2010, 20:29
Hey Everybody,

I have just sent my medicals finally a few hours ago but I have a question. I heard that they have a limit in their mail box so they cant receive any mail bigger then 1-2 Mb. Is that true? 'Cause my mail was around 6 but it says that the letter has been sent. Will I receive any confirmation or receipt that they have got my test results? I scanned them only today so its okay that there is no answer yet but I need to know that they have it cause also today morning I got a mail to send the results asap (within a week) otherwise they gonna end with my recruitment process...so i got scared and luckily could organize everything very quickly ... i sent it should be there already i just dont want to have trouble with the mail again and lose everything because of silly problems..:\

jake.o
16th Jan 2010, 21:26
Hi Ryangirl. I scanned everything and sent the email and I got a failure email later. So, try to send a separate email for each test and it should go in. Be sure to get a confirmation that they received the medicals! Good luck! By the way, I am going on 26 March!:ok:

jake.o
16th Jan 2010, 21:40
Yes, I sent separate emails. IE: Chest X-Ray in one email, Blood Test in another email and so on. Otherwise it would not go in. Be sure to get a confirmation! I have a friend who wasted one month because he didn't ask for one and they didn't receive them!

jake.o
16th Jan 2010, 21:51
I wrote my Name - BUC - Medicals. :) If you have anymore questions, it's no problem. You can message me. Good luck to you!

CaptFickle
17th Jan 2010, 05:13
About the e-mail capacity, its not true.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif All major free-email service providers offer you an attaching capacity of 10mb. I had scanned 13 pages of my reports to send it ( 7mb ), all in one mail, attached as separate files. I had also sent the chest x-ray skiagrams in a separate mail. They confirmed their recieving the reports, but after 6 days...!!and that too saying that the CBC report wasnt detailed. So I rushed again to get it done from one of the best medical centres here, and sent it on the 13th. Still waiting IMPATIENTLY for their reply....!!:ugh: And also while filling up the form in the final interview, I had filled in that i wanted 1 month notice before joining. So approx. , what should that mean, as in, when will they be chucking me off from here?? coz i ws told in the mail that i'm supposed to be leaving in JANUARY!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif But here im learning that guys and girls are leaving on 3 diff. dates,25th jan, 20th feb, and 26th march....?? Right now i just hope they clear my meds from doha,cz the doc here said all my med. reports are fine.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

So now is the new batch for 26th march?? are the seats all filled up for the feb 20th batch??http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

jake.o
17th Jan 2010, 08:20
@ Flutterby1987

I received the clearance email last Wednesday. I'm supposed to get the contract and visa this week!

@ AVshrey88

Yes, the batches for January, February are all full. From what I hear March is almost filled up also. By the way, I had 2 weeks notice.

starbitee
17th Jan 2010, 08:52
in QR, cabin crews who need glasses are allowed to wear glasses as long as it is approved by the office. the frame should be simple and those wearing glasses should be carrying the approval letter everytime they wear their glasses on flight. contact lens is also fine.

Ryangirl
17th Jan 2010, 12:16
Hey,

they received my medical exams yesterday night and I got my confirmation straight away today morning that they forwarded them to the hospital. Now, I am waiting to be cleared or repeat tests (hopefully wont happen- I did everything as detailed as I could).
Anyway they confirmed my 6MB mail along with the scanned attachments so there is no need to send them separately.

Batches: are only the male batches full for JAN/FEB? Whats the story with the girlie trainings?? I guess they are more often than the male type ..:confused:

I am tentatively booked to travel in January but as you can see Ive just forwarded my results so I am sure it is gonna be delayed and also I will have 2 weeks notice before leaving for Doha. And still, I have to be confirmed that they can change my departure city/country.. cause they "booked" it from Bucharest but I live in Vienna I only went to Romania to attend at the OD. I asked them but I dont know yet that they noticed it or not.

toefike
17th Jan 2010, 13:20
Hi Ryangirl,

Are you from Hungary or from Austria?

Regarding the e-mail size limit: I sent all my medical results in one e-mail. Appr. 5 MB size. It came back, but only because the mailbox of my contact was full. I tried again later, and it was OK. I asked my contact to confirm if she received my e-mail. She was really nice, confirmed it the same day. :)

And by the way, Im also interested in the January and February batches. Are they really full? Im also tentatively scheduled to travel in January. If you get any news about the situation, please send it to me as well. Thanks!:ok:

CaptFickle
17th Jan 2010, 17:49
@ flutterby
i guess both the male/female training is going simultaneously, even if it isnt going on together. But im sure about the fact that they take in more females than males, coz lots of OD's were for "females only" So if they have batches containing the same no. of females as males, then for the females, it should probably be taking more time...! i just hope its not that way though .

I was also due for departure in jan, but am still waiting for their medical approval. If I get approved, the batch will probably be starting in march, or even laterhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif. For the time being, I just hope they approve my meds. AKeeping my fingers crossed!!

Mari
18th Jan 2010, 10:34
I found this on a blog. It might be helpful to some candidates.

Cabin Crew Open Day – Day 1 (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/cabin-crew-recruitment-open-day/)
Posted on the November 27th, 2009

The whole thing was like a dream for me, I applied for different airlines via their website and I have never heard back from any of them, even some of the websites showed that my application was unsuccessful even without an interview, somehow i was loosing hope till i found out about the Open Day.

A Newsletter

Sunday morning i received an email from Qatar Airways that they are conducting an open day to recruit Cabin Crews in my country and i was invited, I thought they invited me because they are interested in my resume but actually it was just a newsletter. I took a day off work, garbed my suit, fixed my hair, nice perfume, my CV and of course the smile and there we go i am ready to go.

Surprise!

It was easy to find the Hotel and from there i was able to find the Hall, i was there almost half an hour early and as i was going down the stairs to the hall i started to hear some people talking, the noise was getting louder as i step down, there were like a hundred or so standing out of the hall, i thought that the challenge is not going to be easy but guess what ? around a thousand applicant was already inside the hall!!! I was really shocked of how many people was there.

It looked like they got too many applicants more than anyone expect and it was a bit difficult to control that number of applicants. In a short words I had to find my way to get a seat in the interview hall as i was waiting for like 3 hours and it looked like it is getting more and more crowded. Yes I sneaked into the other hall where the recruiters are interviewing and I was lucky to find a seat for myself.

Screening Interview

A two very good looking ladies sitting in the front and like twenty applicant in front of each of the ladies, I took my place in the queue till it was my turn. The lady was really sweet, she asked for my CV which i had in my hand, she looked at it really quick that she couldn’t see nothing and then she asked “How old are you ?” “27″ i answered then she asked “Do you have any experience as a Cabin Crew?” i said “No” she answered “Not yet” , Then she said we will call you before 8pm today if you are selected to continue with us, It was like a very quick screening interview to eliminate some of the huge number they got, However the interview was like couple of minutes but I ended up sitting the whole day with one eye on the clock and one on the phone.

The Call

7:55pm my phone was ringing, Yes! I am in for the second day!!! I felt so released and really felt so happy that i was selected. I realized that I had a lot of things to prepare that I couldn’t even think about before as I was so stressed waiting for the next day and started to run around like a bee. I have never been to a Cabin Crew interview before and did not know what is it going to be for the next day, what kind of questions they are going to ask, I tried google but couldn’t find too much but found some people talking about assessment process that really helped a bit to know what to expect for the next day.

Cabin Crew Assessment Day – Day 2 (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/cabin-crew-assessment-day/)
Posted on the December 5th, 2009

After such a long day fighting to get my place in the Assessment Day i was so excited to take the next step.

It seems like out of that big number in the Open Day, only forty lucky applicants made it to the Assessment Day, They all looked good and it was a bit challenging to stand yourself between them.

Short video about Qatar

The same recruiters was there “the two sweet ladies”, they checked if somebody is missing and then they started with a video about Qatar. The video was nice and after the video they highlighted few things that could be a bit difficult for some people to live with, such as very hot weather in Qatar, Culture issues and some of the rules in the country.

English Test

After the short video they gave us an written English test that we need to do in 45 minutes, the English test was simple and the time was sufficient, it was like some multiple choice questions, a short essay about yourself and another essay about a topic they give.

During the test they called one by one to come over and reach a specified height, i think it was around 210cm. For gentlemen you should reach it standing normally on your feet and for ladies they can stand on the fingertips.

Assessment Round One

After the English test they grouped us in two groups, 20 applicants in each group and they gave us a topic to discuss while they watch us, they mentioned that we should not look at them during the discussion as they will be watching, the topic was a question that you have to discuss and come out with an answer all together in 20 minutes. Then we were asked to leave the hall till they call for us. We waited for around 30 minutes then we were again invited to the hall, they announced 20 numbers and then we were again asked to leave the hall but this time only the ones who heard their numbers will come back after saying good bye to the others.

Assessment Round Two

20 applicants were remaining, it was strange how easily someone could be disqualified. Anyway we are again grouped into two groups for another discussion but this time the topic was some problems that we have to find a solution for each of them and the time is also 20 minutes, Another 10 was disqualified and only 10 applicants were qualified for the final interview next day.

Things to do

Dress like if it is your wedding day
Keep smiling, know that you are watched
Try to get along quickly with others
Don’t talk too much and don’t stay so quite
Listen to the others during the group discussion and never stop someone to talk
Be yourself, don’t pretend because they know it when you doQatar Airways Final Interview (http://cabincrewwall.com/qatar-airways/qatar-airways-final-interview/)
Posted on the January 1st, 2010

10 candidates were remaining, about 6 girls and 4 boys, They assigned half an hour for each candidate and another half between each interview and the next one.

Prepration

I googled some of the typical questions for the cabin crew final interviews, it was really useful to have an idea what to expect, I showed up for the interview about 5 minutes before my scheduled time, groomed to the best, smile on the face and all positive thinking. They kept me waiting for about 15 minutes before someone came out of the interview room to invite me in.

The Interview

The lady was really nice and she welcomed me very nicely, asked me to have a seat, interview started by introuducing themselves and a brief about my file they already have since the first day, One lady was taking the lead while the other was observing me and taking notes, it is very lady that you keep eye contact to both interviewrs, However one of the ladies was starring at me in the begining of the interview i don’t know if that was a technique she is using or that she liked me
Typical questions you will find online such as:

Tell us about yourself
Do you have a cabin crew experience ?
Why do you want to become a cabin crew ?
Do you have any experience doing a customer service job ?
Tell us about a bad experience with a customer and how did you deal with it.it took about 20 to 30 minutes till they finally asked me if i have any questions, my advice is that “You have to ask a good question here”, otherwise it could reflect that you are not really intersted in the job.

Finally they told me to expect an email within the next three weeks either i am accepted or not. they also mentioned that in case i did not get any answer from them i should contact them, luckily i got my Congratulations email after 1 week

Things to do:

take contacts from others in the second day to stay in touch.
prepare yourself for the interview by googling the most common questions.
keep an eye contact to both interviewers.
when they ask you “do you have any questions?”, you should ask a good on
Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Requirements (http://airlinecareer.*************/2008/09/qatar-airways-cabin-crew-requirements.html)
Qatar Airways is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world with an expanding route network covering the Middle East, Far East, Africa, Asia and Europe, with a modern fleet of A300-600, A319/A320/A321 and A330 aircraft. The airline is in the process of expansion and is based in Doha, a modern commercial centre and growing tourist destination. Qatar Airways Cabin Crew have been voted “Best in the Middle East” for the fourth year running and voted second "Best in the World". Their attention to delivering unsurpassed in-flight service has earned the airline a 5-Star ranking from Skytrax –as one of only four 5-Star airlines worldwide.

Benefits

All Cabin Crew are based in Doha, the State of Qatar and the airline offers a competitive tax-free package in Qatar of over US $ 1,579 per month plus hotel meal allowances, free furnished sharing accommodation, medical insurance and airline benefits. Career prospects and personal development opportunities are tremendous in a dynamic and exciting environment.

This is a career opportunity to earn an excellent remuneration package, travel the world and be our flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

How to Apply

To be considered for this opportunity, you will need the following:
*Minimum age of 20 years
*Minimum arm reach of 212 cms on tip toes
*Ideally, previous Airline, Customer Service, Nursing or Hospitality experience

Preference will be given to candidates with outgoing personalities, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.

To join this winning team, please apply online with your resume attaching a postcard-sized full-length colour photograph against a plain background.

Dress Code
The dress code for both photographs and interviews must be smart business attire as follows:

Females: Dress: Knee-length skirt/dress and half-sleeve blouse. Hair: Neat and tied back if long.
Males: Business suit, shirt and tie.

The airline accepts images by email in the following formats: JPG/JPEG or GIF. (Note: Try to keep the size below 50KB).

If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please visit the Qatar website at www.qatarairways.com (http://www.qatarairways.com/)

Jayinkorea
18th Jan 2010, 11:52
HI THERE
does anyone have an idea who were the interviewers on last Cebu od?:ok:

Anais Nin
18th Jan 2010, 12:02
hi,

just look your best on the 24th. your resume and smile is all you need to bring with you, :ok:. the CV handling will take around less than a minute only. if you got in for the 2nd day assessment, they will call you later in the day. :)

i also know a lot of girls from manila are coming over. most of the pinay fa aspirants hang out at a local forum called pex, you can google it, :). i'm not sure if it's ok to post the link here, :confused:

CaptFickle
18th Jan 2010, 15:28
got their mail today on confirmation that they have recieved all my reports.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif Also asked me to BE PATIENT and wait for her next mail..!! No wonder she said this, I was pestering her for a long time asking for confirmation and all..!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

king_to_noh
18th Jan 2010, 15:51
Hello there!

I just wanna ask if when would be the Job Campaign in Manila-Philippines for QR?

Is there any Open Day in February?

Thank you very much!

Jayinkorea
20th Jan 2010, 09:17
Vacation hotel is the cheapest hotel in Cebu as far as I know :ok:
See you on 24 Jan. Best luck to us:)

Rose77
20th Jan 2010, 12:57
Hi,
I'm going to attend the Qatar open day in Sydney. I'm desperately trying to find a CV layout or what they want a CV to look like?

Does anyone know the "unofficial" cut-off age for Qatar?

I appreciate any help you guys can give me with this. Thanks so much!!!

Rosie.

stewgirl
20th Jan 2010, 13:09
Hey Everybody,

I have just forwarded my medicals but today I had scary news that my CBC rates are not within the normal so they asked me to repeat it.. The thing is that when I had the results I asked my doctor to check them to make sure everything is fine and negativ. And they are. A few minutes ago I called my doctor and he said the rates are not abnormal so there is no point to redo it. However some words were not English so could this be the reason why I have to repeat it?
I am scared. I really want this job and I just cant believe that there would be any problem with me...
Is there anybody else who had the same or who could give me some advice?:(
Thanks in advance..

CaptFickle
20th Jan 2010, 16:36
I had googled in on the format for CV needed to apply as a FA,and I got selected, so I guess it served its purpose.:) So if you need, I will forward you my CV, so that you have an idea about the format,and will save time on the googling. Just PM me your email address. And yes, dont forget to attach a cover letter to your CV. An excellently written CL will give your CV/image a big boost.
About the age limit,the youngest should be 20, and I dont have much idea about the upper age limit, maybe the experienced folks will be able to shed more light on that. But you weren't specific, are you concerned on being too young or too old for the job?? sorry about my curiosity...:uhoh:

CaptFickle
20th Jan 2010, 16:59
Dont fret dear!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I had got a reply from them stating that my CBC report wasnt in detail, so I sent them my CBC report again getting it done from another hospital. Then she said that she has recieved all the reports and asked me to wait. Your problem in the report maybe pertaining to the exact fact that you mentioned, that some parts of it werent in English. So maybe they mis-read some parts of it, and mis-understood. My advice would be, get that report completely in English, and also find a second opinion and get your CBC report done again from a separate pathological centre. Then ask your doctor to write a report specific comment stating "NO ANOMALY FOUND" , and " Both reports matching and readings within normal range ". Hope everything goes excellently! All the best...!
Dont worry, everything will be fine ....!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/icons/mpangel.gif

stewgirl
20th Jan 2010, 17:11
Thank you! Now, I am better.. In the afternoon I was running around in my room like a crazy girl.. I called again my doctor and he said everything is fine (again). Currently, I am searching for a hospital in my country that can give it to me straight away in English.

I will do what you recommended. Thanks so much! :ok:

I want to fly for Qatar, I want this job badly...:sad:

starsandrainbow
20th Jan 2010, 20:45
to all the people who are having their QR assessment soon goodluck!!! esp those ones coming to cebu...best of luck to you guys!!! i really wish i could come as well but im too far!!

toefike
21st Jan 2010, 03:30
Hi flutterby1987,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D
Please let us know, when is your date of travel if you get it!

kagezen
21st Jan 2010, 03:47
congratualtions flutterby!! :) start preparing for the journey koz there's a lot to do.. im travelling in 2 days and im still buying stuff :P haha..

CaptFickle
21st Jan 2010, 04:19
@flutterby

Congratulations!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif Now that you will be leaving for Doha soon, "happy shopping"...!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Please do inform us here about your date of departure...!!

toefike
21st Jan 2010, 05:24
Hi kagezen,

In 2 days??? Wow...:D When do you start your training? Next Monday?
If you'll be in Doha, and you'll see what is necessary to buy and what is not, please write us. I think it would be a big help. Thanks and have a good flight! :)

eggward
21st Jan 2010, 05:45
Hi everyone, QR just sent me an email stating that I repeat medicals (cardiologist clearance) did this happen to anyone here before? :}

ScrapyCoCo
21st Jan 2010, 06:14
hi everybody......

even i've been selected and am waiting fr medical clearance......lol (looks like this is common with most of us)

as for the OP yes... even i've been told to repeat my ECG and get cardiologist clearance on the same.... have sent them my report again...
and following the same drill (paatienntlyyyyy waiting:ugh:)

hoping that everything goes well this time....:}

and on the other hand i posted a message few days ago.. but for some strange reasons its not here anymore...lol

kagezen
21st Jan 2010, 06:45
hey toefike.. well i'll try to find an internet hotspot somewhere so that i can update you guys bout life there.. you can check meaz's website its really good, this should give you an idea of how life is there from a cabin crew point of view.. and there are other good QR CC blogs too.. just search it up on google..

stewgirl
21st Jan 2010, 08:00
Today I had her answer why she asked me to repeat CBC. :uhoh:
She said some rates are too high or too low...well, they are within the rates.:ugh: I do not know, I am getting much more scared in every minute.
I am totally healthy!!!!:{

Well, for those who got the clearence congrat! Enjoy your remaining time at home!

kagezen
21st Jan 2010, 11:20
i dont wana scare you scrapycoco.. i got my clearance after 4 months.. haha.. i guess that at the time that my documents were being processed things were slow there.. but now it seems that everything on going at normal speed, so it shouldnt be that long..

toefike
21st Jan 2010, 23:17
@kagezen: thanks, I'll google some blogs, good idea, thanks!:ok:

@eggward: the same happened to me. They requested a 'cardiologist evaluation'. So I went back to my aircrew medical doctor, asking what kind of new examination do I need. And he suggested me to do an 'echocardiogram' and a 'treadmill stress test' with a cardiologist. So I visited a cardiologist doctor this Monday, he checked my previous ECG, and we made an appointment for Tuesday morning for echo and stress test. These two tests took appr. 45 mins-1 hour together. After my cardiologist checked my results, and said, all my results are normal and good. So he is going to give me a positive opinion that my hearth is strong and healthy. I sent my results to Doha right on Tuesday, and my contact confirmed it the same day, that she received it. She wrote, she'll get back to me as soon as she gets any answer from the medical department. So, Im waiting now.
Dont worry, Im sure it is just gonna be fine. :) Try to do the tests ASAP! I keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

@stewgirl: no worries, almost everyone had to repeat 1 or more medicals. Just go back to your doctor and make an other CBC. Good luck!!! :)

stewgirl
21st Jan 2010, 23:23
Thank you! I am gonna be fine Im only a bit too worried as always.. :)

I organized my next CBC as well as a professional translator and also I got another affirmation on the older one proving everything is fine.:ok:

kagezen
22nd Jan 2010, 08:58
hey guys im leaving tomorrow for qatar.. i'll try to update you guys from there.. to all of you waiting have faith.. its going to be fine.. i hope to see all of you in doha :) Cya!

moongoddess25
23rd Jan 2010, 02:28
I am now about to fly to Cebu in a few hours....

It makes me so nervous now for the QR OD tomorrow...

Let us stay hopeful guys... May we all be blessed.. :)

CaptFickle
23rd Jan 2010, 03:59
@kagezen
All the best for your stay there buddy...!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif Glad that you're finally going to Doha..!
Keep us updated about your life there...!

@Moongoddess

All the best for your OD dear..! Dont worry, be smart, confident and smile....be charming most importantly...coz thats how I landed up being selectedhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/nerd.gif
And I hope you carry a Cover Letter along with your CV, it is quite vital. Anyway,best of luck..!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

stewgirl
23rd Jan 2010, 10:37
In my country if you need your passport urgently, then it takes 5 days but in normal cases can take 2 weeks up to forever. :hmm:

My bro told me the same they might be only a bit curious how rates are changing in your CBC. I have 2 ideas ... why do I have to redo the test..First, because some words were not translated to English accidently, second, they want to see the rates again...I just cant accept the explanation that they were too high or low. They are normal rates. Im a healthy person:ok:

topgun_29
24th Jan 2010, 00:39
Hi guys, my FI was in October 2009 and till today I had to repeat CBC three times, because my eritrocita volumen (MHC) was below the normal range, then I've done also Electrophoresis hemoglobina test as my doctor recommended to do it and now I'm waiting what doctors in Doha will tell this time. You need just lots of patience before medical clearance and lots of patience before any answer too, cause it might that they are very busy at the moment.
I would like also to encourage all of you as a former cabin crew and I would like to point out that the job as a cabin crew is one the best jobs that excists, so just go ahead and hope to meet each other once in Doha, best wishes to everyone!!! :ok:

stewgirl
24th Jan 2010, 05:10
Good luck with it and fingers crossed for you, hope this time CBC rates will be normal! Anyway, I am flying home today to redo the test, Im still excited, hopefully now all the rates will be at the right place:}

Topgun: Did you discover that one of your rate is low than the normal or Qatar told you?

topgun_29
24th Jan 2010, 10:14
Yes, it's written on the report, in the same line with the value it can stand L what means low or H for high, so you can immeadiately see if everything is alright or not. I've sent them cause doctors here said that my CBC is fine and I'm able for the job, but in Doha doctors want that just every single value is in normal range limit. Last time it was 78.5 and limit is 83.
My MCH is lover, because I was really low with iron last summer and still I need time to compesate my supply of the iron in the body. I've read it can take more than 6 months....

kagezen
24th Jan 2010, 12:55
yo wassup guys? im in doha and im alive.. been one long long trip.. so here the weather its nice when i got out of the airport it was kinda chilly.. but thats way the weahter is supposed to be during this time of the year. my room mate is from malaysia and he is really cool.. topgun your medicals are going to be fine im sure of it.. :)

toefike
25th Jan 2010, 02:13
@flutterby1987: how long did you wait until you got your medical clearence? I mean you sent the repeated results, after how many days did you get your clearence? I cant wait, Im checking my mailbox every 10 mins. :}

@kagezen: good luck to your training and have fun in Doha! :ok: Please keep us updated! Im sure everyone who is waiting for medical clearence or waiting for departure is very curious. :)

toefike
26th Jan 2010, 02:51
@flutterby: thanks a lot for the info. :ok: I just got an e-mail yesterday from a recruitment supervisor asking if Im able to travel to Doha next Friday (5th February 2010)? She didnt mention anything about my medical clearance, but I think it should be OK if they are asking me about the date of travel. Dont you think?

By the way: do you know guys how fast can they arrange all the official stuff in Doha? I mean, they asked me to travel to Doha next weekend. Can they organise my ticket nad my visa in only 10 days??? And I havent got the offer letter yet. When does it come, do you know????

@recruitment88: I dont know if they are checking it or not. But if the lady you mentioned has I dont know for example 10 years of experience on the field of cabin crew recruitment, or previously has been working as a cabin crew for many years, I think she can be suitable for the job even without any college or university degree/diploma. Thats my opinion. Maybe if you give some references, they'll contact the previous employer, but Im not sure.

Guys who already are in Doha, please help me!!!
Did you get all the vaccination before you left, or did you get it during the training in Doha???? And if you got them in Doha, were they payed by the company or you had to pay for them????

CaptFickle
26th Jan 2010, 09:58
hey guys and girls!!

I finally recieved the Offer of Employment from them...!! My tentative date of travel is 27th March, and training is supposed to start from 29th March. Im psyched..!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cool.gif

Heaved a sigh of relief now as my wait for the Offer Letter is finally over..!!:ugh:

Can I know who all are leaving for Doha on the 27th of March ??

jake.o
26th Jan 2010, 16:13
Hey AV, congrats man! We will be in training together. Eric is putting up a Facebook group! So, for anyone who is coming in March you should join in so we can get to know eachother! :ok:

CaptFickle
26th Jan 2010, 16:28
Hi Erich Will,

Thats great..! looking forward to meet both you and jake.o in Doha!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lets see how much more people are supposed to turn up on 29th March for training...this "waiting" for the Employment letter really tested my patience..http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif

stud_fac
26th Jan 2010, 22:40
First of all congrats to all who finally made it to till offer of employment and wish luck for who all are still awaiting their medical clearance or anticipating their congratulatory e-mail.

By good grace I got my offer of employment last Sunday and I've been provisionally booked to commence my training from 29th of March.
Hope to see few people from here.:ok:

See you guys in Doha.

Take care

toefike
26th Jan 2010, 23:35
@flutterby: no, Im a girl. :) And I think there are much more batches for girls than for boys. Yesterday late in the evening I got an other mail saying that I should be prepared to travel on 6th Febr. 2010. So it means next Saturday. Then I think there is a training starting on 8th Febr, right? Im now waiting for the official offer letter, visa & e-ticket. And Im very nervous. :O But also excited. :} I wrote that I dont have any notice period, I can travel any time. By the way, did you already sent your new passport to Doha?

@AVshrey88: I have a philippino friend, I have just advised him to look at this site. He is also travelling to Doha on 27th March. I think you'll be batchmates. :)

vaccination: I decided to get all the vaccinations before I leave. Im lucky because I only need the meningococal and the chicken pox, because I have already had all the others in the last 2 years. Plus I also decided to get the vaccination against H1N1. It is not on Qatar's list, but we will travel all around the world, so its maybe more safe to have this one too.

CaptFickle
27th Jan 2010, 04:18
@jake.o : hey jake.o..! I am there on facebook, so please PM me your email id, i'll add you there...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

@toefike : Now you have made me realise about the vaccinations...i'll have to find out about that too...! They said in the e-mail that if we need to enquire them about anything, then not to hesitate in asking about it. I guess we should ask them about the vaccinations through e-mail, as in, will they sponsor for the vaccinations when we reach Doha, or do we have to get it done at our own expenses. And do ask your phillipino friend to join pprune, then i'll pm him.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

fa_wannabe_20
27th Jan 2010, 04:40
anyone know how many months before qr would return for another open day? im from the Philippines

stewgirl
27th Jan 2010, 12:15
Hey,

I forwarded the rest of my medicals, the new CBC, new comments on my spine X-Ray.. Both comments are from aeromedical doctors based on JAR, so they signed me that I am totally able and fit to fly (I am already a cabin crew in Europe).
I hope at this time everything is gonna be ok, especially that those reports are coming from aeromedical centre stating my good condition..:ok:

BTW they are very nice to me, I have answers even on my "thank you" e-mail. I got: you are most welcome. I really appreciate this, I like that they confirm all of my mail even saying hello mails...:)

clarkcastle13
27th Jan 2010, 14:34
Hi everyone!

I finally received my ticket and visa, flying to Doha on Feb 20.
Hoping that the training would have so much fun and excitement!!!

To those who are still waiting just keep hold on....

Goodluck to kagezen who already in Doha..so cool!

Take care all and have a nice day ahead!

kagezen
27th Jan 2010, 19:43
thanks dude.. let me know when you are here.. i'll hook you up ;) so for an update, life is cool here.. its freezing cold btw.. its a cold and dry weather so the breeze just gets the cold to your bones.. my lips feel cracked and sandy :( but anyways im still enjoying it here.. life is good.. there are many rules here, so when you guys are coming be sure to know all of them.. and one rule which they do not joke about is the usuage of cellphones.. cells arent allowed at all.. so dont let them catch you with it.. hope to see you soon clark..

evanova
27th Jan 2010, 22:39
Congratulations to everybody who received their medical clearance and good luck for those who are waiting. Toefike, I think we will be in the same batch. I am traveling on 5th too:).

toefike
28th Jan 2010, 01:06
@flutterby: Im originaly from Hungary, Europe. :)

@AVshrey88: yes, I think its a good idea to aks them. If you need to get all the vaccinations, it will cost a lot of money. You know, I only need 2 vaccinations, these are not too expensive here, so I think I will have them before I leave.

@evanova: hi, great news, Im so happy!!! :ok:Finally I found a batchmate. :) Im still waiting for my visa & e-ticket. Do you have received them already? Please send me a personal message with your name and e-mail address, so we can recognise each other in the batch. By the way, from wich country are you from?

@kagezen: Hi, I hope you are, OK and enjoying the training. :) I wanted to ask you about the cell phones. How do you mean that cell phones are not allowed? When? During training classes and work I hope. But normaly after you finish a school day it is OK, right???

stud_fac
28th Jan 2010, 01:23
I believe that's what Kagezen meant..

fa_wannabe_20
28th Jan 2010, 01:55
all will be shouldered by you.

jake.o
28th Jan 2010, 10:40
From what I recall, vaccines are not mandatory. :confused:

Anais Nin
28th Jan 2010, 11:28
hi, there's another manila OD this 27th of feb, check their site, :ok:

tetisheri
28th Jan 2010, 11:36
should ı wait 6 months for reapply ?
ıs there anybody know this issue? my final interview was 2nd nov in istanbul turkey.they publıshed new ODs ın their website.they are coming 6th feb again?
can not attend ?

ScrapyCoCo
28th Jan 2010, 17:41
after 1 week of ban i'm out now.....
for those who want to know why i was banned, then the reason was that i used words that we don't speak of.....:mad:(Text speech to be precise) grammar police:ugh::rolleyes:

any ways I'm also joining on 27 March:ok:. By the way does anybody knows whether QR will provide trouser with the uniform or we have to bring our own:}?
they mentioned in the email that we need to bring trousers....

stewgirl
28th Jan 2010, 18:50
Hey,

Today I had another mail from them stating I have Eosinophilia which I truly do not have:).

They gave me 48 hours to subject a report about my EosinoWHATsoever condition. I got 3 (!!!) different reports (2 from aeromedicals 1 from another doctor) saying that I am totally healthy, living without Eosinophilia and fit, able and so on to fly. (as I am flying now as well...):} Everything within 12 hours.
Hopefully, now the next mail will contain my date of joining or any other news which is not in relation to medicals but to my journey to Doha.

Toefike: I am hungarian as well. Great to know that I am not alone.:ok:Where did you have your interview? Sorry, If you have mentioned that before but I cannot remember. I did in Bucharest at the end of November and I am still proceeding with medical reports but hopefully this was the last round.:suspect:

fa_wannabe_20
28th Jan 2010, 21:43
thanks, i just figured that out. :) are you going?

stud_fac
29th Jan 2010, 00:00
Same ban thing happened to me as well..:}
Yes we need to carry our own trouser's and everything
else that we would need to cover our body..:rolleyes:

When anyone make it till FI and unfortunately doesn't get through, then
you can't re-apply for six months. It's a company policy and they are strict about it.:*

toefike
29th Jan 2010, 00:06
@stewgirl: also from Hungary? :} Great!!! :ok:

Send me a PM with your name and e-mail address, so we can keep in touch! I had my open day and interview in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in December.
Your medical is gonna be OK, Im sure. Sometimes they are asking to get one or more examinations to be repeated or to get new opinion from a doctor based on your results...etc. But as I see, they are speeding up. I got cleared in only 3,5 weeks. However I had to repeat my ECG during that time. So I think in only a few days, you are also gonna be fine. :)

@ScrapyCoCo: as I know, during the training we are wearing our own suites/costumes/throusers...etc. We will get our uniforms right before the 2 test flights. Thats what I heard. I think the two ladies also mentioned this during the open days.

stud_fac
29th Jan 2010, 00:10
I really feel pity for you. Medical's are just like vicious circle which could hang
you long or you are out of it in fraction of some time. I can empathize how does it feel.
Anyway wish you luck for this time.:ok:

ScrapyCoCo
29th Jan 2010, 07:17
i know that we need to carry trousers... but will we wear our own trousers or it will be provided by QR with the dress. thats my ques.

and as far as covering the body is concerned I'm sure with trousers and and a shirt you can only see my face and hands....(hope thats no offensive.... I'm not the most handsome guy on this planet :rolleyes:)

stud_fac
29th Jan 2010, 07:59
QA will not provide any kind of trouser till the time you finish off your initial training. Before the commencement of your trainee flight's you would be provided with their uniform. I hope that answer's your query.:hmm:

ScrapyCoCo
29th Jan 2010, 08:12
yup thanks....i appreciate it:ok:

and what's your DOJ

stud_fac
29th Jan 2010, 10:33
My DOJ is 29th March.. :)

topgun_29
30th Jan 2010, 09:16
Hi guys, does anybody know can you have problems to be cleared if you have non chronical haemorrhoidal problems?
Thank you for any answers.....

stewgirl
30th Jan 2010, 16:29
To Topgun,

I think, we personally can not answer your question because this is not our business to decide unfortunately. But: I would recommend the next one:
Search for an aeronautical medical/examiner (or if you have had your medicals before in an Aviation Medical Centre then go back) and ask them for a report subjected to your problem which states that you are able and fit to fly despite having a non-chronical disease (or I dont know actually what you have).
I do not thinks so there would be any obstruction if you have a legal report from an aeromedical examiner.

To be honest: I had similar problems and I went to an aeromedical centre so now those problems are fine.

Hope this helps.

stewgirl
30th Jan 2010, 16:34
Stud fac,

I have just received the confimation that my reports has been sent to the medical centre. Now I am waiting again, started to get used to it but I feel like if everything will be fine with that reports then there is no more thing what they might re-check again. So please keep fingers crossed for me cause now I think there is a big chance to be cleared finally after a long and complicated process.:sad:

CaptFickle
30th Jan 2010, 16:52
Ok, im keeping my fingers crossed.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gif

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

I dont know why these people are creating such a fuss even though you've been cleared by the Aero-medical officer??!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

starbitee
30th Jan 2010, 17:57
Just finished my final interview for Qatar. I had to take my picture three times! First, my hair was wrong, the second pic they said I looked stocky and the last one, I'm hoping, does the trick. But I'm just really happy they were concerned about me. I am crossing my fingers and toes and holding my breath until three weeks from now! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wish me luck you guys!

it is really the way it is, same thing happened to me when I applied before in Manila :)

after the recruitment officers have selected candidates, they will forward all your documents (pictures included) to the main HR here in Doha for review. the recruitment officers can only decide until the final interview. after that, final decision will come from the main HR so they want their candidates to look their best that's why they asked you so many times to have your pictures taken to be up for "standards" :) Goodluck :)

stewgirl
30th Jan 2010, 19:11
Thank you!:)

I am counting to get cleared after accepting my last reports. Hopefully their next mail will contain my green sign to start prepare myself. There is really no more thing what they could pick up causing other confusion. Lets be positive!:ok:

stud_fac
31st Jan 2010, 02:06
My finger's are crossed rather let me cross my legs as well for double luck..:}
Now I'm sure everything is going to be fine, just relax and have a Margarita..:ok:

Bye take care

wildVV
31st Jan 2010, 04:47
Hey.good to hear that you have finished your final interview. It is a success to get to the final interview.....because many people are rejected before that. I wish you good luck and all the best. hope you will get the golden call soon.........fingers crossed.

ScrapyCoCo1
31st Jan 2010, 08:38
I think its better to go to an OD than to wait for online application.

fanrailuk
31st Jan 2010, 17:04
Anyone going to the Global Assessment Day in LHR on 20 February?

PP :)

blackdesert
31st Jan 2010, 23:33
hello guys , i'e attended the open day for qatar airways couple of days ago and i realy wanna ask what's supposed to happen after that??? the woman that got the cv from us she said clearly that it's cv submission only and no interviews that day , someone would answer me please??

stud_fac
1st Feb 2010, 00:56
Open day is usually a CV submission day. They keep the CV's and shortlist the best suitable candidate for interview. If you are shortlisted then you are most likely be contacted the same day for next stage and that's first day of your interview. I hope I answered your question.

Bye take care

King Arthur
1st Feb 2010, 02:47
Anyone going for QR OD in sg on the 27th Feb?:ok:

blackdesert
1st Feb 2010, 10:03
thx so much stud fac for replying my question

topgun_29
2nd Feb 2010, 08:30
I'll have next week a report from specialist stating why my MCV in my CBC is borderline.... It's February, 5th months from my FI, I'm lossing hope, patience, getting more and more nervous..... For them here I'm fit to fly, but not for doctors in Doha.....:{

toefike
3rd Feb 2010, 05:16
Dear Everyone,

I'm very happy to tell you, that I'm flying to Doha this Saturday, and I'm starting my training on Monday (8th February). :}
I got my e-visa and e-ticket 3 days ago per e-mail.
Please, wish me luck, I'm very excited. :O

For those who are still waiting: everything is just gonna be fine, I'm sure. :ok:See my example, I attended my FI on 14th December, and on 6th February I'm flying to Doha. It was only 7,5 weeks between FI and my date of departure. I'm sure you can also make it. :)
I wish you all the best, good luck, and hope to see you very-very soon in Doha! :}

CaptFickle
3rd Feb 2010, 06:37
@Topgun- Dont worry, have patience, everything will be fine. Just somehow you gotta convince the Medical Officers in Doha of your fine medical health, and then your Offer - Letter and E-ticket and Visa for Qatar wont be so far http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif . I know its easy to say and hard to do, but you gotta keep your calm man!! Do keep us updated.

@Toefike- Thats excellent..! CONGRATULATIONS!! :D
Hope you have a great time training there. Do keep us updated about the life and proceedings there. Tk care, happy journey! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

stewgirl
3rd Feb 2010, 08:32
Hey Everybody,

Today I had an e-mail which contained a question... Am I able to depart on the 19th??:}:}:}
After finishing with the last reports I think it means I am finally cleared by the medical officers over there.

So now, I would like to thank you all your encouragement and wish everybody a big luck! We will meet up in Doha!:ok:

stud_fac
3rd Feb 2010, 09:10
Toefike : Congrats and best wishes for further proceedings.

Stewgirl : I'm happy for you as you were really tensed before..:}
Now cherish your accomplishment with your loved one's.

Hope to see you both in Doha soon..:sad:

trollydolly111
3rd Feb 2010, 09:23
what do you prefer ek or qr?

atlanticman
3rd Feb 2010, 09:27
Anyone going for the same batch?:ok:PM me here for the name of the facebook goup!!!!

celestina
3rd Feb 2010, 11:27
I heard that if you fail the medicals you can apply again after 1 year.

Swissy_chica
3rd Feb 2010, 14:13
Hi Starbitee,

I'm crossing fingers for you too and hope the third one's the charm :)

I'm in Manila as well... What do IPAMS look for in candidates in terms of 'look'? Do you have to be supermodel thin? When I flew Turkish Airways recently their flight attendants were not thin at all! They weren't fat but definitely big boned and voluptuous, and unruly hair!
Do the Qatar recruiters prefer uber slender and white applicants? I'm tanned (not black), and 5'5 so I'm still deliberating whether or not to apply..

Thank you and best wishes.

turul
3rd Feb 2010, 16:44
Hy everybody!
I'm absolutly knew on this site.
I already participated on one of qatar airways cabin crew interview and i failed due to my english.
I saw on the the official site that it will be another interview on de 27th of Febrary in Bucharest. It will be an open day so anybody can participate.
I would like to try it again but i can`t remember anymore what kind of papers and what pictures should i take with me.
If anybody can help me with tips or trick i would really appreciate it!!
Thanks!

KARO
4th Feb 2010, 08:03
Hi I am just so sick and tired of it, I am literally "two arrows away" (on my CBC) from being a QA CC. I was supposed to fly out in mid December.....what do we have now? Oh, February....so frustraiting! I went thru this whole super detailed recruitment process (like most of us here), all those stages, medical exams, professional translations (and loads of money spent along with it), additional certifications from various doctors (in my case, regarding my spine xray). I have been so patient, but I just cannot do this anymore (thou I am not gonna give up). I did my CBC twice, was asked for a prof. opinion, submitted one from a GP doc, which turned out not to be enough. Than I got one from a hematologist as they requested, not good enough. Today I got an email asking me to repeat my CBC anyways. WTF??
Sorry guys, I had to vent...please cheer me up somehow. Any tips on improving my CBC fast? (limph. and neu., the rest is fine).Anyone repeating his/her CBC over and over?? In addition to than all the doctors claimed I am superhealthy, which is the way I feel.:ugh::{

topgun_29
4th Feb 2010, 10:06
Hi, same situation here, I had FI in October and still at home.... I had to repeat CBC three times, bacuse my MCV is borderline and now I have to send them a report from specialist stating why my MCV is still lower than normal range. Next week I will do a detailed new CBC (also with cancer markers!!!) and then my specialist will write a report.
My advice for you is to do just what they say and be patient although is easy to say, but there is no choice, take it or leave it....

KARO
4th Feb 2010, 10:27
Hey

Thanks for a reply. Made me feel a bit (but only a bit, heh) better to know that there are others in a situation just like me. (although I knew that before, it's just good to hear that directly from someone).
Be careful though, they also asked me for an opinion from a specialist (first a GP doc than a hematologist) with an exact explanation of WHY the values are abnormal (although the word "abnormal" is kind of a misnomer here, seriously, since the difference is soooooo MINOR). So the statement cannot just say that I am overall healthy and fit to fly, but it has to EXPLAIN WHY.
Ok, so I somehow explained that to an old ass doc, actually a PhD, a great professor from an INSTITUTE OF HEMATOLOGY here, in Warsaw (could not go to any better place than that in my country). The poor guy probably thought I was insane, could not see any reason of why I have those God damn "arrows" on my CBC report. He recommended an abdominal USG, some other blood tests (mono, toxoplasmosis etc), which all truned out to be just FINE. Finally he figured I must have had some very minor infection which affected the report (which was easy to catch this year in Poland, having an abnormally harsh, freezing cold, -15C winter). So all happy I sent the explanation to QR, and what did they tell me? "If it COULD HAVE BEEN a MINOR infection, wait for it to go away, get better, get another CBC and send it to us"....Isn't that just great? A couple more visits to a hospital or any kind of medical institution and I will literally go nuts! (and bancrupt at the same time). How much cash have you guys already spent on all this stuff? I know prices are different in various countries, but medical service is, I assume, pricey everywhere. :ugh::{:\:confused::rolleyes:

I know I am just bitching and bitching but of course I am not planning on giving up on my dream, especially that I am so CLOSE! (as I said "2 arrows" away, heh). I am just beginning to worry that they might not be that patient with me and finally exlude me from the process, if my CBC keeps on coming out "IMPERFECT".....is that even possible? Anyone?:sad:

LOUAYAY
4th Feb 2010, 10:45
I had my regret email in last november , when can i reapply for OD or AD , should i wait one year or 6 mohs period ?
Many thanks

CaptFickle
4th Feb 2010, 15:04
You have to wait for a period of 6 months after the last FI, well thats what I have come to know from earlier posts and queries here.

All the best http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Kay17
4th Feb 2010, 19:01
You should take a neat cv with you ,a passport picture and a full size one in business attirre. Good luck.Im from Bucharest as well and been flyin for over a month,loving it to bits,its amazing.So just be positive and do not pay any attention to the negative feedback some give.It's all about the way you perceive things and respond to them.If you're a friendly optimistic person then you will do great in here.Everyone else hope you all get cleared and join us soon .

Mari
4th Feb 2010, 19:31
Can you give me some examples for the negative feedback which was NOT true?

I'm just curious what you mean.

ScrapyCoCo1
5th Feb 2010, 04:02
@Karo - even i had to repeat my ECG twice, and had to wait again for the response from them, but finally it went well. You can see my previous post as well, I was in the same position as you are, youi still have time. The next batch starts on 29 March, so if I'm not wrong there would still be some space in that batch.

@Kandy_Girl- Open day starts with CV submission and at the end of the day they call you if they select you.(In my case they called cadidates even around 10:30 p.m)
Then next day they will show you a video on Qatar(Centuries old video), next will be your English test. Just make sure you don't laugh or peek here an there(because even a kid frm 2nd grade can pass it)
Next will be a GD (Topics like Global warming etc etc), they might even give you some situation where the whole group has to find a solution. Just remember during GD not to interrupt anyone when he/she is speaking (though someone may interrupt you)
You may also have 2 GD's.

Then you will have your PI next day and I've seen them selecting people who have worked on ground handling.
All the best. Don't forget about Cover letter, it WILL make all the difference. And 1 more thing to remember is that during english test(i think you may not have it because your native language is english) but none the less they will call you for arm reach test and they will see your walk and body language, they may also ask you some question, just remember to smile (but don't exaggerate it, if you understand what I'm saying)
And also 1 IMPORTANT thing I noticed and would recommend you is to ask 1 question when they tell you that do you have any questions?
Show them that you are interested.
I might be wrong but I'm sure someone will point it out, anyways I'm telling you EXACTLY what I did.
Just be cool, the Recruitment team is really friendly and helpful.

And NEVER post text speech(read the first thread about the example of text speech )
you don't want to get banned for a week! Trust me! I've been that too twice:ugh:

KARO
5th Feb 2010, 10:51
hey
thanks for the reply....
now...when you mean "there're still places for the batch starting March 20 something", you mean the batch starts exactly on that day? Or do they fly out people a few days earlier? Also, if I may ask, where did you get such information?

ScrapyCoCo1
5th Feb 2010, 20:20
Honestly speaking I got 29 March joining so I assumed that there MIGHT be some place because even I gotmy medical clearance after a Looong time, and anyways just relax I'm SURE you WILL make it, I can bet.(how about a bet for your welcome bonus?)
@Kandy_girl- damn I was too late to warn her, she got the ban-hammerr!:ugh:

eggward
6th Feb 2010, 10:08
Hi everyone, I got the April 24 date of departure., I just hope it could be earlier because the one I'm with during the final interview had the March 20th schedule of departure but he was asked to travel this February 20th. I want February slot! :eek: nway, I think I'm all good because I already had my clearance and the Job offer. :ok:

I also had to repeat some things like my Enlarged Heart situation but within normal limits., the Dr already approved me but QR still asked for Cardiologist Clearance so I want there and have one. But then Qr still asked me for a new because they couldn't understand what the Doctor just wrote so I went again and asked for a clearer copy, I also asked the nurse to type it down for me thank God she's nice. This is the reason why I was moved til April but I do believe that they will change this one to an earlier flight. So excited!:ok:

KARO
6th Feb 2010, 10:42
oh hell no, scrapy coco :) my bonus is not going anywhere except to my very own pocket :) And speaking of which, the welcome bonus is not that generous either, isn't it. And if that was not enough they gonna take it away from us anyways, by a way of deduction month by month from our salary. I'm financially exhausted if I can put it this way...the neverending medical exams and translations (why am I not from an English speaking country? Why?.... Would have been so much easier...and cheaper), hit my pocket really hard. :ouch: And recently I found out that that's not it. := Prepare yourself for some more expences, once you sign a contract. I heard they need you to have additional 30 (sic!) non standard passport pictures, and a couple of sets of formal clothing (they are not going to provide you with a uniform right away, and the training itself lasts 7 weeks). Also you can take only 50kg of stuff with you, which is approx. one large standard size suitcase and a carry on. The rest can be mailed to you by your friends or family using cargo, which they will reimburse, after some time though, and it is very pricey as well. Once again I just had to vent.... sorry for being so negative, we all are going to do exactly what we are asked for anyways...let's face it.. I want it reall bad, and I know that all of you want it as much as I do, am I right or am I wrong? :) :p

stud_fac
6th Feb 2010, 13:35
I would like to correct you on something. We can carry 20kgs accompanied baggage with us and allowed to get 50kgs additional un-accompanied later as you mentioned above.:ok:

So don't buy lot of stuff initially to carry along..:}

Take care

Raoni
6th Feb 2010, 16:59
I´ve just received my offer of employment, after a long time waiting since they asked me to send them another spine report. I was hoping to be on march´s batch, but first they sent me a DOJ stating my travel date on april 2nd, and 3 hours later they sent me another one, delaying it to april 23rd... :confused:
anyway I´ll just have to wait one month more them I expected but at least it´s all confirmed now...
I know how some of you guys feel , but don´t give up!!!
anyone with the same DOJ?
Great Weekend everybody!:ok:

Raoni
6th Feb 2010, 17:14
Some people here in Brazil took all the luggage they want. They asked to QR to reimburse them for the excess baggage fee instead of the 50 kg via fly cargo. it´s cheaper... QR liked the idea... :}

CaptFickle
7th Feb 2010, 02:56
@karo & stud_fac - HEY, I got their mail saying "Kindly be informed that in addition to your accompanied baggage allowance of 20 KG as per your ticket, you are entitled to an additional 100 KG accompanied baggage (maximum 32 KG each baggage) on Qatar Airways network only."
So how's it possible that its 50 kgs for you guys???http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

@Raoni - Hey, congratulations on finally recieving the "thumbs-up"..!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif Though you're taking it as the "middle-finger-up"...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif After all, you're cleared by the Qatar Airways Medical Officers...!! They are proving to be more bothersome than the Al-Qaida, after listening to some fellow FA's experiences on this forum. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
Dont worry, be HAPPY..! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

stewgirl
7th Feb 2010, 08:51
Hey Everybody,

I received my contract and date of joining as well. I will depart on the 27th of February. Soo happy but little bit scared..!:)

Well, who is still waiting for medical clearance do not give up! Try harder and harder and everything will be fine!
Keep in touch and see you over there!

Anybody in the same batch? My training is from the first of March! Write me a PM if you have the same!:E

eggward
7th Feb 2010, 09:52
hey dude as I mentioned above we have the same DOJ. oh well at least we have something to look forward to this time :ok:

Swissy_chica
7th Feb 2010, 12:21
Are you attending QR's OD on Feb 20 at the Diamond Hotel??

ScrapyCoCo1
7th Feb 2010, 13:20
are you he or she?

Raoni
7th Feb 2010, 13:29
hey...
Thank you for the congrats...
Don´t take me wrong, I´m very happy about my clearance, I was just saying that I was expecting a DOJ in march, as my coordinator said... But even going on april, I´m relieved I know it´s a tough stage, the medicals and everything. That´s what I meant :ok:
finger crossed for all of you guys still waiting!

fanrailuk
7th Feb 2010, 18:23
kandy_girl, I'll be going to that open day on 20th! :cool:

flynonstop
8th Feb 2010, 22:23
:-)
Anyone going to DOJ via ARN 19 Feb 2010 ??

clarkcastle13
9th Feb 2010, 05:57
Good Day Everyone!

Anyone also flying on Feb 20 to Doha..?

Thanks.

toefike
9th Feb 2010, 17:11
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Doha! :ok: I arrived on Saturday, and just started my training on Monday.
It's nice here. :) I have a nice Spanish flatmate, she's also my batchmate, so I'm really lucky. The city itself is really beautiful. I mean the city center. It is an expanding and growing city...amazing...
Everyone, who is still waiting, good luck to you and see you soon!!! :ok:
If you have any questions, write me, I will try to answer ASAP.

fawannabe18
10th Feb 2010, 01:36
Hi I'm planning to apply an cabin crew for QR locally (in Doha). You said you applied once last year. DO they have the same procedure like assessment process, the group dynamics, and the like? Also, may I ask the recruitment's telephone number?thanks

:)

luv2flytheworld
10th Feb 2010, 04:18
To All You Qatar Hopefuls,

Careful what you get yourself into. Stop and think before you commit your self and give your life away to Qatar.

Does it not cross your mind why Qatar is constantly recruiting? Employees are constantly let go - for simple reasons - this is how Qatar generates extra income. All employees are required to pay back if they do not complete 3 years of service regardless of the choice to leave or being dismissed.

Be careful! I could go on but use common sense and look at the big picture - companies who are constantly recruiting means they can't keep staff.

Good Luck

rfortupino
10th Feb 2010, 13:44
To All You Qatar Hopefuls,

Careful what you get yourself into. Stop and think before you commit your self and give your life away to Qatar.

Does it not cross your mind why Qatar is constantly recruiting? Employees are constantly let go - for simple reasons - this is how Qatar generates extra income. All employees are required to pay back if they do not complete 3 years of service regardless of the choice to leave or being dismissed.

Be careful! I could go on but use common sense and look at the big picture - companies who are constantly recruiting means they can't keep staff.

Good Luck

That's true, but they also get rid of lots of people just because of misbehavior, not passing exams. They are very strict with this. People have to choose whether or not it's worth going there.

Fly-by-Wife
10th Feb 2010, 14:03
luv2flytheworld,

I recall that you posted here in November or December that you had just gotten to final interview stage with them - can we assume that you were unsuccessful?

FBW

topgun_29
10th Feb 2010, 16:11
Hi Yani, the pre employment form must be filled by your doctor and normally you should get reports after you have done your tests. All reports must be in English, you should scan them with the pre employment form and send it by mail or fax to your coordinator.:)

toefike
10th Feb 2010, 17:57
@luv2flytheworld: yes there are staff leaving, because of many reasons.
BUT, there are lots of staff who have spent long years with the company, and they still like it. I know them, I talked to them personally, we are living in the same builing.
I know, I'm still a trainee doing my course, so do not have any relevant experience. I only can say what I hear from seniors, or what I see by myself.

Yes, the company controls your life very strongly while you are on duty, but this is one of the world's 5 start airline, it wants to have this rating in the future as well, so it needs to have own standards, very high standards, and sometimes strickt regulations also. 99% of all the regulations are told during the open day or interview. If you do not like these regulations, you should not join. No one will force you to join. It is as simple. Let me give you an example: I can not say, that it is a kind of 'punishment' being 10 hours prior duty at home. It is for the company, cause I have to take rest to be able to serve the passengers at 110% level providing 5 star service, and it is also for me, cause we are tired. Im only doing my course but Im already tired. I could sleep 10 hours every day (at least).
And I could tell many-many other examples. In my opinion, as I am receiving more info during my training I see clearly which infos are fake, or too bad or not real in this forum or at any other forums.

I am not telling that this is a princess dream. NO, IT IS NOT. Because it is a really hard job. Harder that any of us could emagine before I think. But for this job, you will get paid well, you fly more, than you could fly with any other Middle-East companies (I know, I have friends working there), and you have the possibility to travel to many-many countries.
If you want to come to Qatar to make money, make friends, see the world, and you are hardworking, want to make a fast carreer, and you are not crazy for parties and alcohol, Qatar is for you.
If you cant stand strickt regulations, you are not hard working you are a party person, please don't come, cause you'll gonna hate it.
Everyone can decide what is important right? We are all adults. So think before you come.

And 2 more things, yes, there are many regulations, while not on duty as well, but this is a muslim country, and these regulations are made to respect the local people's traditions. That's it. Maybe some rules are starnge to us, but don't forget we are 98 nationalities working for QA, we all have our strange traditions right?

And regarding the aggressive recruiting: QA receives new aircrafts every month. QA ordered new 200 Airbuses. What do you think who is gonna fly these aircrafts? Yes, the new crew. They need new crew, cause the company is expanding very fast. This is also a reason.

Sorry for writing so long, I just do not really like you to have wrong opinion. Before I joined, I was a little bit not scared, but a kind of curious, what is real from these bad news. But honestly I can tell you, things are much better that it is written at the internet by people. That is MY opinion.
If anyone has other opinion who is or was in Qatar wit Qatar Airways, please tell, as I wrote Im new, and Im interested in any information.

Have a good day all.

topgun_29
10th Feb 2010, 18:26
That's true, but they also get rid of lots of people just because of misbehavior, not passing exams. They are very strict with this. People have to choose whether or not it's worth going there.

I've heard that it's like impossible to fall the exams, because the instructors are excellent.....

rfortupino
10th Feb 2010, 19:33
@topgun_29:

well, I have a friend overthere that has seen with her own eyes how they fired a girl with an 80% in one exam while the company was asking a 84%. By the other hand, I don't know how difficult are the exams. Probably that girl was a bit short minded LOL.

topgun_29
10th Feb 2010, 19:50
@topgun_29:

well, I have a friend overthere that has seen with her own eyes how they fired a girl with an 80% in one exam while the company was asking a 84%. By the other hand, I don't know how difficult are the exams. Probably that girl was a bit short minded LOL.

When I had exams in my former airline company, to pass every exams you needed at least 84%, and for some exams it was 95% (security and emergency procedures, emergency equipement)....

clarkcastle13
11th Feb 2010, 04:04
I strongly agree to your opinion been shared!

Qatar Airways is a World's 5 star Airline, definitely maintenance and development should occur, so people supporting ,like cabin crews should stand and never give up to show how important the job is even it is strict and a bit hard. Training with Qatar Airways is one of the best trainings would be...

very well said toefike..

thanks for sharing.

angelesgirl
11th Feb 2010, 04:43
hello guys!.

i would like to ask how much "Funds" i need to prepare for the medical exams and stuff. just for an idea, im changing career and hopefully it all work out.

and for the kababayans. where you go to get this medical? manila. as im original from the province. any recomendation!..

thanks and congrats to all!..

clarkcastle13
11th Feb 2010, 04:59
Hi there!

Do you know IPAMS? this is the agency processing the application for Qatar Airways..

You can ask the the exact amount and where is the best hospital to take your medical examination.
I attended in Bahrain so we have diff case. I took my med exam here in Saudi Arabia.
I think it's cheaper than here. Discounts would be great too. lol

When was your final interview? I am pinoy, proud to be. hehe.

Goodluck! hope you'll get the results very soon.

eggward
11th Feb 2010, 08:09
Flying Adobo.,
Thanks Man, I hope to see you there too. When do you plan on applying for QR? Keep me posted.

fawannabe18
Hi there yes they have the same procedure, and for you to get in they have to put you on the assessment list because they don't have open days. i think.:confused:

topgun_29
11th Feb 2010, 09:56
Hi, does anybody know how much time do we have to obtain a medical clearance? My FI was in October (5th) 2009. is it possible that after some time must everything do from the really beginning (OD) if want to get DOJ?

CaptFickle
11th Feb 2010, 16:24
@Topgun 29

Dont mind my saying, but can you please be a little more clearer with your english, coz I really cant make out what you're actually trying to ask.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

@EVERYONE-- Well, even though im ectstatic on recieving my Offer Letter and DOJ, I cant help but feel apprehensive and comment on some discussions doing the rounds on PPRuNe about Qatar Airways. You should look through the discussions on "Human Rights Qatar Airways", and such threads where the pilots have opened up whole the whole work culture in Qatar Airways. They have posted some links which track into some article in a newspaper, where their are quite some scary stories of people going to work there, and not being able to come back to their home-country due to "permission not granted" for exit permits from Qatar. This is being quite some reason for my uneasiness, and one more thing to notice, there havent been as many negative discussions about any other airline, as much as Qatar Airways, and that too by their own employees...!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif Scary stuff people.

Please comment.:ugh:

Mari
11th Feb 2010, 21:06
Well, you have your DOJ, so you need to go. I guess you won`t change your mind at this stage. It doesn`t make sense to do a research on Qatar Airways NOW. It`s too late for that.

My colleagues (EK) who used to work for Qatar all hated it (not mentioning Doha) but you can survive 1-2-3 years. It depens on your attitude and you need to follow the rules of course. If you always say `yes`, you won`t ever get in trouble. If you don`t like drinking, parties and sex but sitting at home and cooking/watching TV/going to the gym, you should be fine. I`ve seen some rosters: they are very demanding, very tight in my opinion but you won`t be bored at least.

Money is good and you can travel the world. And it`s a 5-star-airline. If you are nice and good-looking, you might find a job in private flying after 3 years.

alyana
12th Feb 2010, 02:18
Hi all.. =)

There will be a Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaign in Singapore this coming 27th Feb 2010.

I kinda need some advice and help in this area. This will be my very first application to Qatar and clearly, I’m clueless of what else to bring or expect other then bringing the CV. Can anyone help me, like what else am I supposed to include in the CV? :ugh:

Much help is appreciated.

wildVV
12th Feb 2010, 02:55
pennylovestrees

congratulations...........finish your medicals asap....wearing a contact lens wont be a problem. I have met many Qatar cabincrews who wear contact lenses, but your eyes will get dry on air so it is not good to wear contact lenses during the flight. but don't worry you can wear the glasses as it is allowed in Qatar Airways....and many of CC wear them .
If you think you are underweight eat a balanced diet and get back to normal. First of all check with your doctor whether you are in a bad condition or you are normal. I hope you will get your medicals cleared.

ScrapyCoCo1
12th Feb 2010, 06:09
" If you don`t like drinking, parties and sex"
even sex? I don't believe it! I hope they don't want us all to turn gay!
Now thats strange unless you exaggerated it a little bit.
No Sex= FAIL!!:ugh::uhoh::mad:

iceania
12th Feb 2010, 09:23
That's not true at all. You can have Party, alcohol and sex here in Qatar.
The only thing to bear in mind is to do it all in the correct moment and place ;) It's all about times and places, otherwise you can do everything you want here, it's not that bad, even for someone like me who comes from Europe.

Remember, the main reason we are coming here is WORK, not party. Sorry but I find it quite immature to see it otherway. (Even if of course you are expecting to have fun as well).

toefike
12th Feb 2010, 14:23
@iceania: Thanks I totally agree with you. You have to find the right place and the right time for everything. If you follow the rules, you're gonna be fine. It is so simple.

I don't know who wrote you can't have alcohol, or party or sex, but this is bull****. I'm sorry, but it is. You can have. If you wanna drink alcohol, go to a club/pub/hotel whatever and drink. No, you can't have alcohol at home as a cabin crew. BUT e.g. our instructor told us, that he has a license, that he can buy alcohol and have it at home with him. Yes, he is not flying any more, he is instructing, but he can do that.
You also can have party. Go to a club/pub/hotel/friend's house...etc. If you will have evening classes during training, which means you start your class at 14.00 and finish at 20.00, you can have a party every single night and go home until 03.30 in the morning. You can, it is allowed, because you will be able to rest the minimum 10 hours before your training starts.
And sex: you can invite anyone to your flat between 07.00 and 22.00, girls, guys, whoever. Or you can go out anywhere you want. You can stay out until 03.30, you can do anything you want. You decide, right?

@AVshrey88: yes you will have to apply for an exit permit, but it is a kind of administrative stuff. Let me tell you something. I read here or at other forums, that you are not allowed to leave the country in the first 6 months. It is NOT true. After you finish your training, you apply for an exit permit, and you can go out IF you have at least 2 days off. You can go anywhere you want. BUT if you do something wrong, e.g. you don't go to work one day, you don't provide any medical certificate, and you don't give explanation, yes, the result will be, that the company will not allow you to go out on your days of for 6 months. But it is only on your days off. If during that time you wanna go for an annual leave, they'll give you the exit permit, or if you wanna resign, they'll give you the exit permit. Sorry for writing this for so long, I just don't want you to have the picture, that it is a kind of prison country. It isn't.
And if you wanna be more safe, register yourself at your home country's embassy, so if you have any problem you can contact them or if there is any problem in the country they will search for you.

@Everyone: I write again. It is a muslim country with muslim traditions. And QA is the national airline of it. It does have very strickt rules. But as I wrote before they'll tell you 99% of the regulations during the open day. It is not working like that you come here, and after arrival you will be told this, and this, and that, and you will be surprised, and you will think ohhh, my God, I didn't know about all these things. NO. IT IS NOT WORKING LIKE THIS!!! You know the regulations, BEFORE you sign your contract. So, if you don't want to come, don't come.
I also heard, that Dubai or Abu Dhabi are more free, no exit permits and stuff like that. But everyone has the right to choose Abu Dhabi or Dubai instead of Doha right? So please think, before you decide.

I wish good luck to everyone, who is just waiting for OD, or doing medical, or waiting for departure. You're gonna make it. :ok:

KARO
12th Feb 2010, 19:07
hi guys!
It's me again..some of you might remember a couple of my previous posts, all full of frustration and bitching about me having to repeat my CBC countless times.
Well, it got to the point (after 1 month, some meds, lots of visits to different docs etc) that my brand new CBC, which I picked up just now is CLOSE TO PERFECT. Meaning, there is still one "arrow" (one abnormality, not big though) on my CBC.
It's like: big yeeeey! after all I had to go thru..... but not entirely...
So do you guys think there is any point in sending this CBC to QR, or should I keep on improving untill I finally succeed and get a completely super perfect CBC? Do you think they might clear me? (yes you can hear hope in my voice). Honestly, what do you think: is there a chance they might accent this CBC? And one more thing: are you guys all subhumans here :) I mean do you all have perfect book like CBC?
Thanks for any replys, it means a lot to me.

All the best for everybody on Pprune here! It seems we're all kinda crazy here :) And completely fixated on just finally going to Doha :)

Mari
12th Feb 2010, 22:43
Excuse me: I never said that you CAN`T drink or party or have someone in Doha. I said: like. It`s a difference!

Most of the girls/boys shouldn`t be party animals and casanovas: that`s not the type they are looking for on the recruitment days. (Am I wrong?) The point was: if you don`t mind the restrictions, you will be just fine.

People are so different...

1. Of course you can have a lover. But if it comes to a serious boy-friend, believe me: you won`t be liking the 3-hour-rule (neither does he, especially if he`s a Westerner and older than 21). You can drink in bars, however there are not many clubs, bars in Doha and alcohol is pretty expensive. Yes, you can swim and get some tan on the beach if you go to one of the Hotel`s and the daily entrance is quite expensive. (Do you get a discount somewhere? I don`t know.) You won`t have the kind of freedom like in the UK for example.

2. Of course you can find a nice partner anywhere. I have a friend (ex-Qatar) who is a mouslin girl, not arabic, she`s European, and met a guy on the internet long time ago. She lived in Doha and he lived in Dubai. They were dating for 3 years (just dating, chating, having tea, they don`t drink or going to clubs of course) and got married 2 months ago. She stoped flying after the wedding.

There are so many different nationalities, different cultures, different personalities etc. We cannot really generalize.

I know that I would be fine with one year anywhere. I`m sure most of you will. The problems MIGHT (I said might!) start after some time. It also depends on your personality and how much you can (or want) to adapt.

That`s only my opinion and it`s just an opinion. If you don`t want to understand what I`m saying, you don`t have to.

If you missed my point: I told the ppruner to TRY and go and not to look back.

Yes, you know some of the regulations, yes you THINK you can deal with them. Sometimes you are simply WRONG. However: I would go for it and I would try it. I wouldn`t miss this chance for sure. It`s a five-star-airline after all and you can travel the world and meet so many new people.

I had no idea what to expect when I came to the Middle-East. No idea! You have to see it with your own eyes and you have to live it. Let us know how you feel after 3, 6 and 12 months. Your gender, age, nationality, religion, family background and personality is relevant as well. Different people experience the same thing in a different way.

There are people who resign during the training or shortly after. But I think the main reason is usually that they simply miss home and they are scared, the reason is not the airline culture or the place itself.

ScrapyCoCo1
13th Feb 2010, 00:15
@toefkle and Mari.
i have come in PEACE! :ok:

starbitee
14th Feb 2010, 13:46
any swimwear is okay because during the ditching training, you need to put a shirt and shorts on top of your swimwear. :)

KARO
14th Feb 2010, 14:57
good question.... but HOW GOOD of a swimmer should one be?

topgun_29
14th Feb 2010, 15:22
In my former company, you should swim a distance of 100 meters in maximum of 3 minutes, what is not a big problem.....

stud_fac
14th Feb 2010, 23:17
I don't think QR checks our un-aided swimming skills. Life vest is on during ditching drill and some raft activities would be there.

That's what i believe..:}

Mari
15th Feb 2010, 01:47
From one of the Doha travel blogs by Bambi:

We flew to Dubai for what we call ditching which is water evacuation training. Qatar don't have the facilities available so we had to go to the Emirates College and use their training centre. It was so spectacular being there and seeing where the Emirates crew train as their facilities greatly exceed ours. For starters the front of the building has been designed in the shape of an aircraft. Once we entered the building we had some lunch in their cafeteria which kicks butt compared to ours, and they have a huge balcony decked out with tables and a gorgeous view of Dubai and the river. We then went to the pools to begin our training. Turns out our group had to do the drills with trainee pilots, although they seemed much more excited than us (except for the poor guy who only bought speedos)!

The Emirates pool had 2 aircrafts beside them with slides coming out of the aircrafts into the pool and on the ground. They had beanbags around them in case anyone fell off the slide. They also had a huge raft in the pool. Lots of photos were taken so I'll be sure to include them.
We started off changing into casual clothes and boarding an aircraft simulator. Training was conducted as if you were really on an aircraft. You would sit down in your jumpseat, and then the whole simulator would rise, then it would start to shake and make you actually feel like you were moving forward down the runway. Then the aircraft pressure would change and the nose would rise and it honestly felt like you had just taken off. Even the pilots were impressed! Then after take-off we had to grab the food carts and pretended to serve food. Then out of no where a situation would arise that you had to deal with. The simulator could produce smoke in various parts of the aircraft so then we'd have to initiate our fire drill. The simulator also had sound affects to make it feel more real. We practised a number of fire drills, as well as heavy turbulence, rapid decompression which is when you lose pressure in the aircraft so the captain has to nose dive to a safe level. For that exercise the aircraft simulator really did dip forward, and oxygen masks dropped down from above each seat. For heavy turbulence the simulator jerked sideways rather violently but not enough to hurt you if you were seated. We then had to practise a proper evacuation which required sliding down the ramp slide. We were all shown how to sit to prevent injury so we all got through it fine, and it actually was quite a lot of fun. We then re-entered the aircraft using a rope which wasn't too difficult.

After that we had to get into our swim gear, which suddenly made us realise why we had a big talking to the day before and told that we had to bring shorts and a t-shirt. Obviously speedo-boy wasn't listening to those instructions! We then had to board the simulator again and practise a prepared ditching, which is where you know the aircraft is going to crash land on the water and you have to prepare the passengers. I had to jump up onto the seats and demonstrate how to do the brace position and then do a life jacket demonstration and make sure everyone had them on and tightly. We then had to inflate our life jackets and board a slide raft.

That was fun being all squished in there floating on the pool. We then had to construct a conopy which didn't take long, although having a raft full of people who know what they're doing in a safe environment certainly made it easier. I imagine the real situation would be terrifying, and depending on the water conditions you might be too busy holding on for dear life. After that we had to jump into the water. It was absolutely freezing! I have never been so cold in my life but they do that deliberately to make you aware of how difficult it is when you're cold, although it still wouldn't even compare to how cold the ocean gets. One of the guys showed me how to keep yourself that bit warmer so I floated along hugging my legs to my chest while uncontrollably chattering my teeth. I was breathing out fog that's how cold it was. We then had to climb into the raft on the side using rope which was extremely difficult. Although 2 of the guys came to our rescue and decided to help lift all the girls out one at a time so we really didn't have to do much except help push ourselves up using the foot rope. After that we all enjoyed a luke-warm shower and headed back to Qatar, where once again we were expected to wear business-attire with make-up and prefect hair.

Mari
15th Feb 2010, 14:45
Honey, you need to cope with this, otherwise you fail the training and you have to go home.

(I never, never, never understood people who applied for this job without knowing how to swim! It's a requirement by most of the airlines.)

eggward
16th Feb 2010, 05:32
just a quick question., how long did you had your training in dubai? was it just for a day or more? were you able to roam around in dubai?:rolleyes:

toefike
16th Feb 2010, 07:02
@flutterby: Im very sorry, but I have to agree with Mari. Swimming is very, very very important in this job. Not during the training, but during real life, during flying. During ditching training, yes, maybe you can just float on the surface of the water in your lifejacket. But what happens if you will have a real emergency, you will land on the water, have to evacuate and your jacket won't work? Will you go back to the aircraft and search for another one?! And if you won't have the opportunity? Please, swimming can save your life!!!!! Start learning ASAP!!! For your own safety!

luv2flytheworld
16th Feb 2010, 07:47
@FBW - your assumption is incorrect -

after consideration, research and personal contacts that work for Q and an offer from another airline - I am happy to say that I chose not to work for QT :)

wildVV
16th Feb 2010, 09:33
Hey guys, don't worry about not knowing how to swim. It is not a problem at all in QR.Unlike other airlines they don't require it. it is not safe though. Qatar don't do a swim test to check whether you know how to swim to 25m unaided. you have to be able to float on water. But don't say you don't know how to swim if anybody asks. there are many current CabinCrews in QR who don't know how to swim...........no clue at all.

luv2flytheworld
16th Feb 2010, 12:27
No need to get defensive, you took my post in the wrong manner.

And you are missing the point - all I simply suggested was that there are other airlines out there that have more to offer than Q - and to look at the bigger picture.

So your telling me that Q purchases 200 airbuses every six months?
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, and I respect yours - but don't get defensive about it. And don't make points of items i did not suggest. I did not mention anything about being able to party etc or the fact that it was a muslim country. Those are logical

Again you are missing the point - when it comes to Q - they want to grow quickly - how? making money - so they will take any small mistake - i'm speaking about your hair out of place, to slow on serving, etc one makes and use it as an excuse to dismiss one.

Like I said in an early post - I've done my research - and if your smart so should you - read the fine print

happy flying ;)

Kay17
16th Feb 2010, 14:42
Great post Toefike! I wanted to write a similar one for a while now,but didn't seem to find the time. Definitely people are exagerating about how strict things are in QR...if you enjoy your job and you give 100% of yourself while on duty,then you have to love it...I've been flyin for 2 months now and i love it more everyday.Of course there will be people who will not be nice to you..it's normal it happens just about everywhere ,in any other industry...why should you take it personal while it's at work?As long as you do your job right you should have no concern about whatever mood anyone is in .

adorably2902
16th Feb 2010, 17:31
Hello everybody! Recently I attended EK Open Days, but I failed after my FI. If I wanna re-apply I should wait one more year!
I won't give up after the first failure ...Actually it was my first expirience. So I decided to try with Qatar Airways. I'm thinking of going in Frankfurt 27 th March 2010. Someone of you is attending the Open Days there too? If yes please PM me :)
This time I don't wanna fail, so if you any other tips, they would be appreciated! Or if you have in mind questions you were asked during the FI. Thank you very much!

toefike
16th Feb 2010, 19:27
@Kay17: Thanks. :ok:I wish you a very happy flying!!! Hopefully we will fly together sometime. :)

@luv2flytheworld: I am very happy for you honestly, I hope you will have a great time with the other airline. :D
By the way, I am not defensive. I only say my personal experience. Yes, I also heard bad opinions before I came here, and good ones as well. I had to decide, and I made my decision. Just like you did yours. You can have your opinion and I have mine. There are only 2 things, that makes me let's say 'angry' or upset: 1. if some has an exact opinion, but has never ever worked for that company he/she is talking about. 2. if someone goes somewhere to work for a company, knows the regulations before, and after arrival starts complaining how bad these regulations are. That's it.
As I know, I did not write that QA is receiving 200 new planes every 6 months. I wrote, that ordered 200 and there are arriving aircrafts every month, and we all know, that to operate a new aircraft you will need many new crew members if you want this airplane to fly and not stand on the ground. So they are hiring very aggressivly now.

So far I like it here in Doha. I really like my batchmates, I like the city, I can't wait to go and start flying. :)
I wish everyone good luck and all the best for the future! :ok:

ScrapyCoCo1
16th Feb 2010, 21:41
@toefkle
+10
@Luv2fly
read d fine print.... ?As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions?.
don't take me wrong but you mean to say that QA terminates you always for Hair and slow service? and you researched only the bad review?
but what about good one's? i'm know that people get terminated, but not for the same hair issue!
all i've heard is hair issue and spilling juice in galley gets you terminated!
well if thats the case then i'm sure no one in the company would be more than 2 year old?
but i've seen people working there for more than 5 years, not 1 or 2 but many.
World is not a perfect place, if you learn to adjust and be mature then small things won't be that big a problem.
I 'm not trying to prove you wrong but thats my 2 cents.
:ok:

ScrapyCoCo1
17th Feb 2010, 06:04
you need to bring 1 full length pic(10cmX15cm),description:-
1: Blue background
2: Warm open smile
3: One foot slightly forward and hands relaxed by the sides
4: Photoshopped or polaroid pictures should be avoided.
Dress code: Hair must be tied back if long.
No neck scarves
Court shoes with heels
Business suit with KNEE-LENGTH skirt and skin coloured stockings.
Passport size pic - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
All the best!:ok:
See you in Doha.:)

viett_boy
17th Feb 2010, 15:13
"4: Photoshopped or polaroid pictures should be avoided."

Not even a little bit of photoshop to get rid of couple of acnes ??? That's hard >.<

carmen1982
17th Feb 2010, 18:06
Hello all, Im new at this, however qatar airways is coming shortly to my country and im planning to go to the open day session, Im pretty nervous i had read a tones of forums and done a lot of research about the cabin crew recruitment selection process. If anyone can provide me with some sort of tips for the open day session in order to at least pass for the interview process, it will be extremly helpfull for me. Thanks

ScrapyCoCo1
17th Feb 2010, 18:29
ha ha.
not heavily photoshopped, little bit is fine(honestly even i did), but don't make yourself look like the next super model(fair skin should not be photoshopped too much that makes you extremely white). thats my point.
everybody does little bit os editing, even the pic on their own website must be photoshopped!:}

CaptFickle
18th Feb 2010, 08:25
@carmen1982

Please go through the earlier posts in this thread, and you will find lots of tips regarding the Open Days. All the best for your OD..! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

@Scrapycoco1

I agree with you buddy...!
Thats exactly what the recruiters had told us the day before FI, about the pics. "We dont want Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie look-alikes in those pictures, so please dont do heavy photoshopping...!!"
A lil bit of editing for acne and marks is OK, but dont go overboard by changing your skin colour..!! Be proud of it, coz thats what you are in real life. :D

carmen1982
19th Feb 2010, 00:19
http://train.byu.edu/Photoshop/Business%20Woman.jpg
hello, im a girl and I only read that we should wear KNEE-LENGTH skirt, is this the only outfit we can wear for the OD or can we wear bussiness suit with long pants instead of skirt??????

like this picture, can I wear a business suit like this??

ScrapyCoCo1
19th Feb 2010, 05:25
I think you should wear a skirt, i have no clue whether you can wear pants, but atleast the pic SHOULD be in a skirt.

rfortupino
19th Feb 2010, 12:32
You can wear trousers durind the OD, but recomend to wear a skirt just because the visual impression is the first impression they get from you. During the 2nd recuitment day, at least one girl was wearing trousers and succesfully passed to the final interview. But it's your choice! What they want to see is your appearance, how approchable you are, etc...

The pictures must be with knee skirt, mandatory.

carmen1982
19th Feb 2010, 15:23
@ ScrapyCoCo1 & @ rfortupino

hello, thanks for your reply so ealry, im in big trouble now since i bought one similar to the photo, i really dont like to wear skirt.. well i guess ill have to get one.

another question, do they investigate your finnancial status, meaning that if you have a lots of debts will that impact you in a negative way, does anybody knows.

also what background color i must have for the FULL-LENGTH photo

thanks

toefike
19th Feb 2010, 18:19
Hi Carmen,

I'm also a 'throusers girl' not a skirt one, but for the OD I bought a knee-length skirt, and I have to tell you, it was very-very-very useful. Later on, during the training and also while we are flying, we can choose what to wear, so you can wear your throusers if you wish, but during the OD and final interview I strongly recommend you to choose the skirt. Believe me, it will help you a lot!

The background should be blue, on both pictures. It is not a problem, if you have a photo which is nice, but the background is not blue, you can easily change it with photoshop. It is not a problem, that you use photoshop.
And please check the make up of the cabin crew at the website of the company, and put enough make up on your face. Colourful lipstick (red, rose...etc, but NO orange or purple) is very important.

Good luck for you, I keep my fingers crossed! :ok:

carmen1982
19th Feb 2010, 18:38
@toefike

Thank you a lot for the tips, I must say that Im EXTREMLY nervous, my OD is tomorrow saturday, and I only have my cover letter and resume ready Im still missing a lot of things.... OMG.... this has been crazy week for me.

Any additional tips I should know? should I wear skin color stalking and heels?

Are you working with QA already?, hope you do.

toefike
20th Feb 2010, 18:56
Hi Carmen,

Yes, use the skin colour, but not the shiny one, but the natural, plain one. And yes, high heel shoes, but not too hight, I would say 2-3 cm is enough, but you can wear higher ones too, if you can walk in that kind of shoes nicely. :)

Take care about your nice make-up, nice nails!, and wear a bun or a french twist, but not a pony tail if possible. And the most important thing is, SMILE! :} Really, just smile, try to be confident and try to be yourself. You can make it!

You will only have 1 minute on the first day with one of the ladies, because they only will collect the CV-s, and after they will call you during the afternoon if you are invited for the next round. When give them your CV, they will probably ask you 1-2 questions, like how old are you, are you single/married, have you ever been working as a flight attendant. Than they will say thank you. I advise you to say something nice when you leave the table, just like: 'Thank you very much, have a nice day.' A said that, and the lady just looked at me, and smiled, I think it was a good point that I tried to make good impression and I tried to be nice and friendly.
Oh, and try to get enough sleep today. :)

Yes I am with the company already, I am just doing my training and I love it!:)
Don't worry everything is gonna be fine!!! :ok:

P.S. If you are done with the OD, pls write how it was like, OK? ALL THE BEST!

carmen1982
20th Feb 2010, 20:33
@ toefike

Hi, I just got the OD session today, to be honest when I entered to the room, I felt really confident cause I followed all the tips that i could find, there was a lot of people on jeans, mini skirt, no make up, so then I though great i followed all the necessary tips for my great presentation, since the first impression is the most important, i keep smiling every time any of the ladies were looking at me, I sat at the 2nd row so basically i have them really near to me. is totally truth 2 ladies welcome the team, we spend approximatelly 2hrs talking all bout qatar airways, policies, contract, salary, conditions, welcome bonus, also about doha and the way of living there, the weather I mean everything we were getting into, mainly to let us know what is it that we are getting into, and if we really wanted.

when it was my turn to deliver my CV, a pretty lady from UK ask me just 2 questions. if i have any cabin crew experience and also what do I recomend them for recruting here in panama. I think the question was mainly because they posted the application during holidays here in panama and there was at least 40 to 50 people on the room. I really think that this questions were ask to see how fluent was our english, cause they mentioned to us that it was the one of the four main requirements.

They also told us that it will be a 3 day recruitment session and that they will be calling a shortlisted candidates today before 5pm.

unfortuntally i didnt get the call for the 2nd day, not sure what happened, i follow all the tips, but im no sure if it was because i dont have any cc experience, wondering if there is somebody that is working with QA that was contracted without any flying experience.

I guess ill have wait till next year that they come back :sad:

thanks for all your help.

ScrapyCoCo1
21st Feb 2010, 17:45
don't worry even i didn't make at first attempt in QA, if you don't mind i would like to say something, if you posted the above messages in hurry without considering the sentence making then your english is good, otherwise try to work on you english just a little bit. the sentence making is wrong at some places. i know i'm not the best when it comes to english but i thought about letting you know.Except that your english is good :-):ok:

toefike
21st Feb 2010, 18:03
Im so sorry Carmen. :( But don't give it up.
I got the job without any cc experience, however I have some years of experience working in a hotel. Anyway, maybe you won't have to wait another year, maybe they'll get back to your country earlier. I wish you all the best for the future and good luck for next time! :ok:

carmen1982
21st Feb 2010, 20:33
@ ScrapyCoCo1 & toefike

Thanks again for your feedback and encourage, I will keep trying, hopefully I will make it someday, wish you all the best to both of you that have been such a help for me. :ok:

agape
21st Feb 2010, 22:39
I'm thinking about going to Odessa, Ukraine for QR's interview in March. I've heard from my husband that It's not a safe place to go. Is it true?
How is the interview in Ukraine? How many candidates attend last time on OD?

This is my first interview with airlines and It's very important moment of my life.
Now I want you guys to help me with my choices.

1.Go to Budapest for Emirates OD(as candidates are fewer: thanks Mari for her info) and then to Ukraine for QR OD.

OR

2.Have both interviews in Romania, first with QR then Emirates.
P.S.l'm Thai. Will it be a problem to have OD in foreign country as I'm not european native speaker?

Thanks

stewgirl
22nd Feb 2010, 12:08
Hey Agape,

If you can afford both go for it! EK is a great oppurtunity to have in BUD and also Odessa. It doubles your chances. I do not know anything about that place whether it is safe or not but I think you should not have any troubles. Just try to do your best and everything will be fine!

agape
22nd Feb 2010, 19:52
I'm going to have interview with Qatar airways this Saturday in Bucharest.
I need people to share hotel room and taxi with me.I'm a girl.
I'll be happy to hear from you. Please contact me back by personal e-mail.

Thanks

KARO
22nd Feb 2010, 20:01
Hey,

If I were you, I would attend the meeting in Romania, if that's where you are.
But my understanding is that the ODs in Ukraine and Hungary will be sooner: is that the reason you're considering these options?
If so, than I would definitely go to Budapest: it is absolutely safe, it is EU, and it's also a beautiful city! Also, the weather is much better. As for Ukraine, I hate to say it but your husband is right. Sure, Odessa is a very nice town to see as well, but even native Ukrainians will tell you that it is not safe, especially to travel there by yourself, and on top of that as a foreign woman.
Hope I could help

Good luck

zeusvsme
23rd Feb 2010, 01:56
hi there everyone, i am new to this forum i have a question which i'm quite confused how to deal with it....

1) If one was selected for the qatar cabin crew, then if he or she is still studying but will be graduating in 2 to 3 months time, how is that person able to go for the training then?(i am asking as i'm in this situation)

would be grateful if anyone could help me out...thank you

topgun_29
23rd Feb 2010, 08:47
After almost 5 months of hoping and expecting a medical clearance, today I did not obtain a positive answer from Doha. I am really disapointed now, because I have not a plan 'b', I have spent lots of time, money in this and now for me the race is over. I could not believe, it is a huge shock for me, now I wish if I never passed the FI on 5th of October 2009 in Zagreb. It would be much more easier, I am feeling like the door closed on my nose.....
Well I wish you all guys, that you receive a different, positive answer from QR and after enjoy every single moment in the sky, it is a really beautiful, amazing job that exists, I can tell you that from my experience as a former cabin crew.
If anyone needs some tips or advices can pvt me here or by mail on: [email protected]
Good luck and best wishes to all of you!!!

Mari
23rd Feb 2010, 10:56
You are a former cabin crew and you didn't pass the medical tests???? What happened?! What went wrong?!

Raoni
23rd Feb 2010, 11:51
@zeusvsme (http://www.pprune.org/members/321867-zeusvsme)
Hey, if you are aplying now, 2 or 3 months is the time you will need to pass throug the whole process, OD , AD, FI, waiting for the email, get your medicals done, wait for clearance and then get your travel arrangements. At the assessment you fill up a form and they ask you how much time you need before joining. So I think you will you be ok. If you are a boy then you should not worry at all, since they only open training batches once a month, the process is longer... Hope I could help you. any doubts don´t hesitate contact me ok?

@TopGun
Man i´ve been following your effort to get your clearance here, and I´m very sorry that you didn´t get it. but don´t give up, there are other companies like EK or Etihad. I friend of mine here from Brazil did not get the clearance and she was not even asked to take any extra medical examinations, and she got clearance by EK. Seems that QR is very very strict about this, since my friends health is perfect.
Keep on trying, don´t give up. :ok:

stewgirl
23rd Feb 2010, 18:03
Topgun!

I am really sorry for you... I tought everything will be fine as you are an experienced crew.. :(
Did they tell you the reason why you have been rejected?

Well, what I can tell you is... Do not give up! There are many oppurtunities around you, go for them and I am sure you will fly!:ok:

Creighdon
24th Feb 2010, 12:17
Hi All,

I am just a bit curious. I attended an OD in Johannesburg (South Africa) and made it through to the 1-on-1 interview process. Of the 700 applicants only 30 people made it through to the 1-on-1 interviews.

What is the process from Qatar airways side hereafter. Does the recruiters not select the CC or does headoffice make the selection who is successful or not. i've read on various blogs and some say that the ones at the final interview will be selected obviously subject to Medical Clearance.

KARO
24th Feb 2010, 12:37
Hey all!
I just wanted to share some good news with all of you here, especially those following my previous posts.
So, nothing better than sharing personal happiness :)
I finally went thru the medical clearence and today got an employment offer.
I am booked TO TRAVEL TO DOHA ON MARCH 19TH.
My TRAINING WILL START ON MARCH 22ND.

ANYONE ELSE GOING TO DOHA ON THAT DAY??

Take care and I wish you all luck!

ps: to those following my previous frustated posts: I finally did get to improve my CBC, and I eventually got a perfect one! :) (My FI was at the end of October)

....which should make you all come to one simple conclusion: do not give up.Ever.

stewgirl
24th Feb 2010, 14:48
Hey,

Anyone travelling to Doha on the 27th and will start the training on the 1st of March?

Please message me!

:ok:

thanks

Raoni
24th Feb 2010, 15:10
@Creighdon (http://www.pprune.org/members/321988-creighdon)
Hello,
After the Final Interview the recruiters send all the documents you gave them on the last stage to the office, photos, resume, application form, and all the notes they took during the recruitment process. Now the Recruitment Department take care of the selection, and the sucessfull candidates will be asked to do the medicals. :ok:

CaptFickle
24th Feb 2010, 15:46
@KARO

Congratulations!:D
You finally made it, and this must have been a big relief. Now get busy packing, as you'll be flying off very soon...! I'm starting training a week after you, see ya there..!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

@Creighdon
I second Raoni's comment, and would like to add that its quite a long wait after the FI and everything so be patient, and all the best!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Raoni
24th Feb 2010, 16:14
@ AVshrey88 (http://www.pprune.org/members/312543-avshrey88)
Thanks for add that, LOL!!
I really forgot to say that a LOT of patience is required....:}
And I also forgot to tell that not all of the applicants that make to the FI are recommended. You are still being assessed at the final interview and some people don´t make it.:(

clarkcastle13
25th Feb 2010, 08:11
Good Day Everyone!

I am here in Doha, finally after a series of waiting. I arrived last Feb 20. I am happy and glad to be here. Everything is great and people are amazing.
Though quite busy on for the training, it's all worth it!

Hope to those who wait, please be patience....You will get the great results very soon!

Good luck everyone! pm me if you need any advise...

See you.

hayley.lundall
25th Feb 2010, 12:14
Hi there,

Guess I am also 1 out 30 out of the 700 that made it to the FI. We all waiting patiently :bored: for the that email to go and do emails. Email me [email protected]

Good Luck :ok:

zeusvsme
25th Feb 2010, 14:13
hey there, thanks for the reply Raoni, really appreciate it.

Creighdon
25th Feb 2010, 21:12
Thanks for the replies guys. So i guess it is just a matter of wait and hope for the best.

@Halley : hows that comfort outfit fitting?

hayley.lundall
26th Feb 2010, 05:34
Yeah all, thanks for the good advise. Sorry about the terrible spelling in my previous post.guess the nerves have kicked in.still waiting for that email though...Ok,but something is really worrying me. SMOKING, i know its a disgusting habbit. I want know,when you do your medicals,can it b picked up?someone told me that your Hemoglobin levels go up and thats how they know?can anybody give me some insight on this.thanks. [email protected]

hayley.lundall
26th Feb 2010, 09:58
Hi, thanks for the advise. Well, here goes day 1. I hope i can do this because my heart rate is already up, it has been 4 hours since my last one.i am used to close to a packet a day. Please say a little for me.i need a whole lot of will power. I need to this for me, i need to this this for me...

Floaty
26th Feb 2010, 11:02
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere already, but could anyone in the know shed some light on age limitations for cabin crew new entrants?
I am 38 and have flown 7 years... is it worth going to an open day or am I wasting my time?
Thanks

littlemissamanda
26th Feb 2010, 11:32
Hey everyone! I have just done a medical test for qatar airways but im sooo nervous after reading some of the comments saying people hadnt heard back in up to 5 months!! I really hope to get in this week...

OrryFace
26th Feb 2010, 11:45
Can't answer that one. But can advise that if you get the job you will be treated like a 5 year old. With 7 years experience I would look elsewhere unless you want to go back to kindergarden.:rolleyes:

Floaty
26th Feb 2010, 11:48
Better a kindergarden than having to strike after being told by my CEO that I cost too much... :\

Thanks for the info.

Procter
26th Feb 2010, 14:26
Hello guys somebody have any information about the OP in Panama? :(

Hi guys I sent this information from Qatar Airways which will serve them hope of something
Cabin crew employment guidelines
Background
Qatar Airways is based in Doha, the capital of the State of Qatar. Qatar Airways is soaring to greater heights by way of expansion and progress, with an expanding route network covering almost 80 destinations.
We also pride ourselves on the quality of on-board personalized service provided by our team of Cabin Crew, which is comprised of over 80 different nationalities.

Base
Our cabin crew are based in Doha, under the sponsorship of Qatar Airways.

Pay Scales
Basic Salary
CC.01 New joins Cabin Crew under Ab-Initio training as trainee. QR 3300
(USD 904)
CC.02.01 Cabin Crew who has successfully graduated from Cabin Crew Training and still within 6 months of flight duties. QR 3300
(USD 904)

CC.02.02 Cabin Crew who have successfully completed 6 months of independent flying and work in the Economy Class cabin. QR 3750
(USE 1027)
In addition, all Cabin Crew (after AB-Initio training) receive an Hourly Flying Pay (HFP), which is grade dependent. This is for each hour of productive commercial flying duty.
For CC.02 Flying Pay is QR 39 (USD 10.65) per hour and is computed on the number of hours operated (Chokes Off to Chokes On)

Cabin Crew have an average of 65 flying hours.

Additionally, the Cabin Crew receive hotel Meal Allowances (MA) (country specific) for layovers. Thisi is duty dependent from the time of arrival to the time of departure to/from the city of the layover.

Employment Contract
An initial period of 3-year renewable contract with a 6-month probation.

Welcome Bonus
You will be given a welcome bonus of QR 2,000 and a prepaid telephone card (Q-Card) to the value of QAR 30/- upon your arrival into Doha.

Accommodation
Free, shared accommodation is provided in fully furnished, air-conditioned apartments in Doha. This includes free utilities – water, electricity and telephone lines for local calls. Two/three colleagues of the same gender share a two/three bedroom apartment and each person has their own bedroom. Two people may have to share a bathroom in some apartments. The kitchen and living areas are common. As we expanding rapidly, the furnishings in most apartments are brand new.

All accommodation has 24-hour security for the safety of the Cabin Crew. Male visitors are not permitted in female crew buildings and vice versa between 2200 and 0700 hours to preserve privacy. Our crew accommodation belongs to different landlords who offer different facilities (gym, swimming pool, etc.) in each building. If crew are allocated to buildings without facilities, they are welcome to use the facilities of another crew’s building of the same gender only.

Marriage:
Single crew upon joining Qatar Airways must maintain their single status for three (3) years.

Visitors/Guests:
Cabin crew are allowed to have a guest from the immediate family (this includes children, parents
and siblings) of the same gender live with them after completing their Ab-Initio training for a
period of 14 days on 2 occasions in a calendar year.

Transport
Qatar Airways provides free transport for cabin crew for all official duties.

Initial Training
All new joining Cabin Crew have to undergo an intensive 7-weeks training program. This includes Safety and Emergency Procedures, First Aid, Procedures, Aircraft Types and Grooming.

Uniform
Cabin Crew are provided with free uniform, by ‘LINEA’ Giyimsan Vetic Ltd. which may be dry-cleaned free of charge.

Rostering
Monthly rosters are provided using a computerized ‘fair share’ rostering system that offers a fair allocation of trips and an average of 24 days OFF over a calendar quarter.

Layovers
Qatar Airways provides a minimum of 4 star hotel accommodations overseas, while on a layover flight and free transport between the airport and hotel. Hotel meal allowance (country specific) will be paid from the time of arrival to the time of departure to/from the country of layover.

Annual Leave/Annual Ticket (FOC)
30-calendar days leave is available each year and Cabin Crew are entitled to one (01) free ticket per year, on the Qatar Airways network. This entitlement is valid only after completion of 6 months of service in the initial year of joining.

Concessionary Travel
On completion of 6 months of service with the Company, the following rebated travel privileges are available to all Cabin Crew, on the Qatar Airways network –
For self
→ unlimited ID90/ID50 tickets→ One ID 00 (free) ticket per year
For family (Annual Entitlement)
→ PARENTS – A set of one ID90 and one ID50 each, for both Mother and Father
→ SIBLINGS – One ID90 and one ID50.
A variety of concessionary travel agreements also exist with many other airlines, depending on contractual agreements signed between Qatar airways and the other airlines.

Accident Insurance Cover
All Cabin Crew are covered under a Group Life Insurance Plan on a 24-hour, worldwide basis, for a sum of QR 150,000/- in case of death. The plan also has related benefits in case of Permanent Disability and Partial Disability, as specified by the terms and conditions of the contract.

Medicals Coverage
Qatar Airways is concerned that you maintain the best possible health whilst in our employment. Therefore, Cabin Crew are covered for most medical expenses with ALLIANZ International worldwide. The insurance however, does not cover dental and optical expenses.

Payment of Salary
All salary and allowances are paid into a local bank account (which will be opened by the Company), in the local currency (Qatari Riyal), at the end of every month.
The salary is tax-free.
QR 3.65 = USD 1
QR 7.00 = GBP 1
At the end of every month, Cabin Crew will be paid the basic salary for that month, plus the allowances (HFP +MA) from the 16th of previous month to the 15th of the said month.
If you join after the 20th of the month, your salary for the month of joining will be included in the following month’s salary.

End of Service Benefit Scheme
Cabin Crew are entitled to receive a non-contributory End of Service Benefit, on the basis of 3 weeks basic salary, for each year of service, after 3 years of continuous service with the company

EmmyLou89
27th Feb 2010, 07:07
I have been accepted by Qatar Airways and medicals are all clear!

Im travelling to Doha on 19th March and commence training on the 22nd March..?
anyone else traveling and starting training at this time?

i would love to meet some of my fellow cabin crew trainees!! :8

BTW im from Australia and leaving from Sydney airport? did anyone else attend the interview in Sydney, Australia??

xx Em

Procter
28th Feb 2010, 21:43
Don`t worry about the age in Europe,USA also Asia they don`t have limit with they only have to accept the minimum 21 years.:ok:

onax
1st Mar 2010, 09:21
hello you guys,

how it went for me : last year i made it through the whole process at an open day. I had my FI but it went wrong, very wrong coz i couldn't get my night off from my job and i showed up very very very tired.

so, this year i attended another open day. the recruiter asked me if a ever appied before for qatar airways. i couldn't lie and i explained what happened last year. What do you think happened next??? They didn't call me for the next day :(. and now, i just don't know .... was i supposed to lye?

Just for you to know , the open day was in Bucharest , Romania where showed up like 400 ppl.

And for those of you who worry about the right photos at the open day ; don't worry just show up with one photo bussiness attire (one head and shoulders or whole picture) and your cv. If you make it through the whole process the cute recruiters will tell you what to do next. Good luck!

zvrky
1st Mar 2010, 16:02
You didn't get through the first (cv) stage this time, if I got it right?

I think that's not the reason. I reached the FI with Emirates 2 years ago and I mentioned that during the chat and they called me to the next round. Though I didn't pass through this. But the last FI is not the reason.

And I think that is the same with Qatar and your situation.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

onax
1st Mar 2010, 16:12
oh well, maybe i'm being paranoic , it's strange though ..not to pass the first stage and a year before to proceed to the FI. Anyway, next time i won't tell a thing about my previous aplication:=.

Lucy.R
1st Mar 2010, 16:50
Hello everyone

please can anyone write me how hard was English test during Assessment day? Thanks a lot

Bill_Australia
2nd Mar 2010, 09:23
At EmmyLou89 (http://www.pprune.org/members/322232-emmylou89)

Hi Im going to the open day here in melbourne on the 20th of march, does anyone have any advice , anything would be greatly appreciated , thanks !

Creighdon
2nd Mar 2010, 09:44
It's been one week now since my FI and the wait is still killing me although it is getting easy to deal with.

Anyone else here from the Johannesburg OD who made it through to the FI? Mail me, would love to get in contact with you. [email protected].

Otherwise, guys who made it through any advice for us wannabes, i.t.o. waiting it out and what do we do to pass the medicals.

agape
2nd Mar 2010, 13:23
I just want to share few tips with you. When I had English test in Romania,They gave us pencil (bad quality,hard to erase) without rubber.
I do not know,It's the same in other country or not. But I recommend you to bring pencil and rubber with you.
And on CV submission day-to take some chocolate with you and a bottle of water so you'll not get dehydrated before you'll have to submit your CV.
And if you pass through FI,they'll ask you photo which you should have it prepared many day before.I was late in my FI because of this,I do not want anyone to have the same situation. So this is my advise for female for her full length photo.

YOU HAVE TO TAKE PHOTO GRAPH TAKEN AS FOLLOWS:

colour photograph against a plain(avoid white) background
warm open smile
stand facing camera,feet in same level and hands relax by side.
For hair you have to put front hair on one side(not in the middle) and tide it back
hands relaxed by sides

DRESS CODE

Business suit with KNEE-LENGTH ,SKIRT and skin colour stockings
Please do not wear neck scarves
court shoes with heels
Conservative jewelry

I'll post photo later when I get home,for you to have idea.
It was nice experience having interview with Qatar.
I hope,I'll have positive feed back from them

black sheep X
2nd Mar 2010, 15:12
Hi, I have a question for whoever is reading and thinks they might be able to help.

A few days ago I attended an open day for Qatar Airways in Romania.

I am male, 28 years old, 1.79 m, have worked for Etihad Airways until about 3 and a half years ago, I worked another 3 years as a cabin manager for a low cost carrier in Eastern Europe, so I have around 6 years experience.

At the open day I failed the first step (handing in my CV and photos), even though the recruiter seemed pleased with my profile during the brief talk we had.

I went back the next day and approached one of the recruiters, I apologised and told them I know they can't give me any feed back and I asked when I should reaply.

She said that If some other airline does not pick me up in the meantime, I should wait more than 6 months because she doesn't think the regulations preventing me from being recruited at the moment will be changed in the airline in 6 months.

I did not ask any further questions as I did not want to make her uncomfortable but it's killing me to know what regulation that might be.

Any ideas?

I'm asking myself because she did not tell me what they usually say ( come back in 6 months or try to find a different career).

If anyone thinks they can shed some light , I would really appreciate it.Thank you and good luck to everyone

Procter
2nd Mar 2010, 17:09
do not worry about the open days is only to give some information on how life is or will be there during your workout will also receive your CV with a photo attached if you have the requirements they will call you the same day when they finish but do not think you forget you can be considered for the next and more comments about the training.

QA were in Panama th last February 20.

Good Luck...:O