PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

pink_hush
7th Jan 2011, 12:30
hi! newbie here... I'll be going to OD in Cebu this Jan 23... Goodluck to you asiandragonfly! :ok:

Jayempee
10th Jan 2011, 03:26
Hi! Anyone here was still accepted by QR even though your married? I'm a female and married and I just want to know if I have a chance. :)

crissoy
11th Jan 2011, 15:00
hi , i'm new here and i want to ask you if it is a problem for married persons ..i read a lot on the forum and i understand that i harder for married people to get in ...it is anybody who was in this situation ..i'm a fem and i'll go to open days on 22 ..please help me ,,thank you

Jayempee
12th Jan 2011, 01:05
Hi crissoy!

I'm married too and will be attending an OD on the 5th of February. Just believe and I know we'll make it! :) I've read that there were married individuals who made it and became Qatar Airways' Cabin Crew. :ok:

SHEILACC
14th Jan 2011, 06:02
Hey all,

All the best to all of you applying for qatar and congratulations to all those who have made. I would appreciate if I got a response to my question. Does anyone know why Qatar stopped recruiting from East Africa, Kenya in particular despite flying here? :sad:

Flyingpig07
15th Jan 2011, 11:33
I am sure they did not stop recruiting there. Its just takes time until they go there again, as they don`t have so many open days every month like for example Emirates does.

crissoy
15th Jan 2011, 17:57
hi,do you know if an od you have to be present there to the presentation or you can be there after ..because i have a friend how have interview in the same day the same hour in emirates for ground staff ...she want to come to qatar to...it's possible to only let the Cv in first day ?

Flyingpig07
15th Jan 2011, 20:59
No, you have to be there during the presentation.

Xsara
21st Jan 2011, 23:17
hello everybody, i would like to ask you who already work for qatar airways what kind of medical examinations you had to pass in Doha? Did you have to do all these examination like ECG, Xray, Audiogram...again when you did it in your country??? I am just thinking if you choose to do the long term form B which include all these examinations if you still have to do it again there?

Thank you very much for your answer.

SDLFC
24th Jan 2011, 23:13
Xsara ,

yes you will have to do them all over again in order to get your residency visa ..the medicals you are requested to do now are for one reason only ..to get a work permit for Qatar ...

good luck and have fun, I will be going there soon as well..:)

Xsara
25th Jan 2011, 21:05
Thanks for answer..and do you know something about Hemoglobin??I know that they are strict about it so I would like to know the range which they accept..How lowest it can be to be accepted does anybody know???

SHEILACC
27th Jan 2011, 04:46
Hi all,

Thank you flyingpig 07 for your reply really appreciate. Qatar airways posted a recruitment excercise in one of our dailies on Tuesday :). We are supposed to post our CV's and photos to reach them before 15th February.

Kindly assist me on how I can make my application stand out from the thousands that they will receive now that we won't present them physically. About the photos, does the putting one leg forward abit still apply? will be doing my photos this weekend. This will be my third attempt en I want it to be my last :ok:

Your responses will highly be appreciated.

Flyingpig07
27th Jan 2011, 22:12
Yes we been recommended on our open day/assessment day to step a bit forward on the pic, but do not cross our legs.

If you have to send them a CV just copy a passport size pic on it with a big smile ;) I would recommend the red lipstick for the picture.
Otherwise if they do a primary CV selection probably the picture and the experience is the most important, maybe you could also write a little motivation letter on the bottom of your CV.

Good luck!! :)

Flyingpig07
27th Jan 2011, 22:20
Xsara, the medicals are not only for the visa, half of them are CAA standard medicals, what every cabin crew at every airline has to do to get a flying licence. These are the sight and hearing reports, blood test at some countries (not everywhere) and urine test at some countries and basic examinations.

Xsara
28th Jan 2011, 11:00
Hi Flyingpig07

thanks, and do you know something about hemoglobin rate needed to be part of qatar team? I would like to know how high it has to be..I know my friend was 130g/l and they wanted her to do anemia test..Could you tell me how high for example was yours or someone´s who they hired??

croat88
29th Jan 2011, 12:03
WHY is the minimum age required 23?? wasn't that 20??
i have been on an open day today and waiting for a call, but i am 22 and a couple of months, so there is no hope left;;(

vapiano
29th Jan 2011, 17:19
croat,

the minimum age is definitely not 23, don´t worry. i think is 18, but 23 - for sure, no. good luck :)

Flyingpig07
29th Jan 2011, 20:12
Xsara, I donno about this, because I am leaving to Doha in few days, so I am just about to join Qatar Airways. I done the fast track medicals, and this did not include the hemoglobin test, but ones I done it in Doha I will let you know.

Croat88: The min. age requirement 23 since few weeks maybe days.., if you done your final interview when it was still 20, it should not affect your chances. I`m just about to join Qatar Airways and I am not 23 either, but when I had my OD the requirement was still 20 years, so if the situation is the same with you (I guess so, otherwise you would not make it to the final interview) this change will not affect your application. This new age limit is effective for the people going on open days from the day they changed the age limit.

SDLFC
30th Jan 2011, 04:22
I've just been for the OD,AD and FI...the age limit for Qatar is 20,either at the time you go for interview or at the time of DOJ. Good Luck to all of you girlies.xx

Several methods exist for measuring hemoglobin, most of which are done currently by automated machines designed to perform several different tests on blood. Within the machine, the red blood cells are broken down to get the hemoglobin into a solution. The free hemoglobin is exposed to a chemical containing cyanide which binds tightly with the hemoglobin molecule to form cyanmethemoglobin. By shining a light through the solution and measuring how much light is absorbed (specifically at a wavelength of 540 nanometers), the amount of hemoglobin can be determined.

What are normal hemoglobin values?

The hemoglobin level is expressed as the amount of hemoglobin in grams (gm) per deciliter (dl) of whole blood, a deciliter being 100 milliliters.
The normal ranges for hemoglobin depend on the age and, beginning in adolescence, the gender of the person. The normal ranges are:

Newborns: 17-22 gm/dl
One (1) week of age: 15-20 gm/dl
One (1) month of age: 11-15gm/dl
Children: 11-13 gm/dl
Adult males: 14-18 gm/dl
Adult women: 12-16 gm/dl (if you're within this range you should be just fine ):ok:

Flyingpig07
30th Jan 2011, 08:22
it`s not 20 anymore, have a look at they website. Probably they changed it recently.

twinkl3
30th Jan 2011, 08:39
the title pretty much says it all. just wondering if we need to wear a jacket over our blouses. QA website just says short sleeve blouse. but for IPAMS in the phil, they said to wear a jacket/coat over blouse. does it really make a difference?

please enlighten me. thanks! :)

angel14
30th Jan 2011, 19:08
Cabin Crew Requirements

Career prospects and personal development opportunities are tremendous in this dynamic and vibrant environment. We, at Qatar Airways take our recruitment and selection process very seriously. While every effort is taken to treat all our candidates fairly, it is vital that we select people with the desired capabilities that are essential to our continued success.

Minimum age of 23 years
Minimum arm reach of 212cms (on tip toes)
Minimum high school education/ O levels, with fluency in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an asset)
An excellent level of health and fitness
A willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar
Ideally, having an outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment is an advantage.

kikiki23
31st Jan 2011, 09:53
isn't the minium age 20 years old instead of 23 ?

Are we allowed to wear contact lenses ? During the medical check up,i heard we are tested for the eyesight !:ugh:

Mari
1st Feb 2011, 08:05
Yes, my little niece who works for Qatar told me they would change the age limit. Well, they did. It's 23 now.

Good luck to all!

ELLENK
1st Feb 2011, 14:45
Do Not post in Text Speak

RiverPlate
1st Feb 2011, 16:05
Maybe they raised the age limit thinking that it will somehow, decrease the number of sackings/resignations they get every month... :}

(although we all know that those aren't the reasons behind all of this staff turnover).

ELLENK
1st Feb 2011, 17:16
Do Not post in Text Speak

kikiki23
3rd Feb 2011, 11:01
why did they change the minimum age limit to 23 years old ???? omg,it's such a disastrous news to me..i have been waiting since i was 18 years old to reach 20,and now when i finally reach 20,they change to 23 years ? damn,how frustrating.. will i ever get the chance to apply for QA...:uhoh:

expatinaction
3rd Feb 2011, 11:03
Everything for a reason....EK and EY are still 21.

kenyan85
3rd Feb 2011, 12:50
Yes, they've changed it to 23. It says so in the Nairobi AD advert. Such is life.

beverlyonwukah
3rd Feb 2011, 18:00
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

shexzy
8th Feb 2011, 04:28
:sad: Hi everyone,I applied just last month & made it to the final interview. I waited for 2 weeks & got a rejection email 2 nights ago:sad::sad:.. I really feel bad & disappointed at the same time 'cause I almost made it but something went wrong! why they rejected me,not sure if it's because of my eyes sight prob,I wrote it on my application form that I'm near sighted! I cried alot & still in pain now =(. But I still wanna apply again though.. I just have to wait for 6 mos to re-apply again.
give me tips & advice cause I feel so bad about it..

Jain
10th Feb 2011, 09:24
Sorry for the rejection mail . Just keep your head up high..am sure there is a better plan for you.

I applied for the Qatar Recrutiment, am waitng to hear for an interview,as i am going through this thread, am choosing not believe all the negative comments am hearing about QR.- I will know when I get there..Maybe the managment has changed:) (My hope.

I think the Issue about curfew is no big deal after all, you are out for hte better part of the day, and it will be good to rest.

Its been my dream to have a flying job, and I see it coming true. Wish me luck.
link you made my day, I laughed aff my sit when I read about the "electrocuting " part when you are found seating someplace you mentioned.

Genie123
12th Feb 2011, 18:54
Hi! guys~

Has anyone got a response from Qatar for OD of Feb in Nairobi??
If so, pls let me know.

I sent my C.V, but I have no idea how they will proceed for next step.

Thanks.

SDLFC
13th Feb 2011, 05:20
Anybody here starting their training on the 28th of FEB?:D

Don Pablo
13th Feb 2011, 10:53
Hi all. Just wanted to enquire if Qatar Airways is only recruiting females in Nairobi. The press ad is adressed to females but from the dates of OD's on the website, its not really specified. Can guys apply for the OD whose date is yet TBA? Please assist, cheers.

SHEILACC
15th Feb 2011, 05:58
hey everybody,

We would appreciate if those who have attended the OD and AD days to give us updates on how they were carried out and what to look out for and also the journey till the golden calls. It would help those of us who r applying to have a vague idea of what to expect. ;)

Jain and Genie123....glad to see who are in the same boat as I. I dropped off my application on Friday and hoping for the best. Kindly lets keep each other posted on any communication.:ok:

Don Pablo....unfortunately it is ladies only.:sad:

Pretoria Girl
15th Feb 2011, 21:11
Hey everyone!! :p

I'm new here...
Please can someone give me some advice?
I went for my FI on the 7th Feb. 2 Of the girls received the email saying they should continue with medical 14 Feb. Do you think I still have a chance as I have not received any email?
I am sooooo stressseddd!!!! I really hope I still have a chance!

Thank you so much ;)

Xsara
16th Feb 2011, 14:02
Hi :) I should start my training on 28 of February as well..When are you traveling? Are you from Dubai? Girl? :)

Jenscattys2
17th Feb 2011, 14:34
Hey guys,has anyone received an invitation for the Nairobi interviews? The waiting is killing me.am so glad i came across this forum.goodluck to everyone.lets keep each other updated

nihalnihal
18th Feb 2011, 04:26
[Text speak]

akoti19
19th Feb 2011, 06:07
hi,am all so new here.i have also applied the kenya nairobi qtr cabin crew.am wondaring,are they supposed to reply via email or po box rven though i sent myn via po box as they requested??:confused:

nihalnihal
20th Feb 2011, 05:13
Hey any news yet nairobi people?

SHEILACC
20th Feb 2011, 11:02
Hey all,

I have not heard anything from them yet. I think they should call you or Email you if you get selected. mailing you the invitation may take another week or two weeks to reach you.

I dropped mine personally as it was not a must to mail it.

crossing my fingers. all the best to all those who applied and keep in touch in case they do communicate.:)

Jenscattys2
20th Feb 2011, 16:56
hi everyone,neither have i heard from them.Am pretty sure it wil either be email or phone call.Just wondering isn't it tricky when they use email because of accuracy concerns? All those email invitations.Anyway lets ensure our phone lines that we gave out on all the time

ELLENK
21st Feb 2011, 21:45
:(KRUNCH AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN PLEASE HELP ME

hey krunch, i was wondering abt the medicals, ive just recently found out that i have an under active thyroid... do you know, or can you kindly find out if qatar will still accept me with this condition:{ thank you x

akoti19
23rd Feb 2011, 12:10
i must ask.will my skin color affect my chances??am a kenyan African lady

MontiChap
23rd Feb 2011, 14:04
Hi all.

My interest in the career path is quite recent and I would like to know if the recruitment dates/OD have already passed in South Africa. :ugh:

Next, it would be nice to know what ratios the airline keeps of male to female cabin crew as I am an African male. :O

Daisy Akinyi
25th Feb 2011, 15:40
It seems like no one so far has received an invite from Kenya yet...maybe they are planning to start it next month since i was told they have to access every application. Its always hard to wait but lets keep our fingers crossed....patience pays, right:) i know they will soon call, just keep your phones on and always be checking your mails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

ufowing
25th Feb 2011, 22:02
Hi all

My nick name's Knu I'm 34 years 174cm 60kg live in Chiang-Mai
Thailand.Hight school graduaet,I just found my needed I want to be Cabin Crew special is QATAR may be so late for do any thing but I want to try and take all of mine for it may I get a hope ?
then I want to know your idea or some thing may you want to recommend for me.All of your idea are kindly for me and my life please feel free to recommend to me. It's most improtance for me.

- I can spoke Japannes
- 3 years exprience for hoetel reservation
- Now I'm night receptionist of some hotel in Chiang Mai province Thailand
- begining to learn more languages

best reguard

Thadathon Lersthawhong

akoti19
26th Feb 2011, 05:10
[Text speak]

want_to_fly
26th Feb 2011, 10:41
Please refer to the airlines forum. You will find information about the lifestyle and tips in how to achieve the cabin crew position. There alot of information to be found on this website.

I wish you all the best!

Daisy Akinyi
26th Feb 2011, 18:55
Hi Akoti19, has qatar gotten back to you yet? Am anxious and worried........Has anyone been called? I really need to know:ugh:

:ok:Kenyans...please update me

Jenscattys2
27th Feb 2011, 11:31
Hi Daisy, as for me i haven't heard from them.guess they have too many applications to go through.I am relaxed now hoping for the best.

scorpionkinggg
28th Feb 2011, 13:51
[Text speak]

SHEILACC
4th Mar 2011, 05:08
Hey my fellow wannabes

Hope you've all been great! just a quick question. Can one attend an interview with plaited hair as long as everything is held in a bun?

All those who applied for the Nairobi Qatar recruitment, please keep ur phone lines on from 7am - 6pm and check your mails constantly. Heard they will start callin up guys in mid March.

All the best to every one and hope to meet you all wonderful people in Doha :ok::ok:

akoti19
4th Mar 2011, 05:32
[Text speak]

loowla
4th Mar 2011, 10:26
already got my interview letter via email. . .:) was soo excited about the opportunity until i logged in here and read what people have to say about qatar. .:( it sounds worse than a military camp.. im really outgoing so im worried. . .iv never been one to follow rules. . .i am not even sure il go for the interview anymore :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

akoti19
4th Mar 2011, 11:13
hi lowla,yo saying the y have already invited you??whan are they saying the OD will be?lucky you,am still waiting for a reply.dont be discouraged but take the opportunity to explore for yourself.please update:ok:

anyone else who has heard form QA already??am now getting anxious :sad:

winky wing
5th Mar 2011, 07:54
Hi everyone, I'm newbie here. :)

I want to share my OD QR experience today held in Jakarta. I applied on-line and one week later they wrote to me that they're going to have the OD in Jakarta.

I attended the OD, there were about 200 people. It was CV submission only.
They called us one by one, and asking some questions. She asked me,what are you doing now. After that, she asked me, how old are you. I told them I'm 32 years old now, and the lady seemed not really interested with me any more. :(

I was assuming that my age is too old to apply. Then she say thank you after knowing my age. I'm not sure they'll call me again for the next stages.:{

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere already, but could anyone tell me, what is the maximal age limitation for the new cabin crew? I have some customer service working experiences at airlines industry, but don't have any flying experience. I'm married, but I don't mention it in my cv. Marital status and the age, is it the big issues for them? Is it worth for me to apply for this job, in my condition...my husband doesn't mind if I have this job someday..he supports me so much.....

I hope someone can explain to me regarding these. :)
Thanks a zillion...and good luck for all of us....GOD BLESS...

Mari
5th Mar 2011, 08:37
Loowla,

why are you worried?! You don't have a job offer yet!!!

loowla
5th Mar 2011, 10:23
[Text speak]

akoti19
7th Mar 2011, 05:04
[Text speak]

SHEILACC
7th Mar 2011, 05:09
[Text speak]

loowla
7th Mar 2011, 14:18
interviews will be held on the 19th and 20th of march. dress code is business attire knee length skirt and short sleeved blouse. hair should be held back. they have not said anything about pleated hair. skin color stockings. one pair of sensible earrings and suitable high heels :rolleyes:

akoti19
8th Mar 2011, 04:17
[Text speak]

akoti19
8th Mar 2011, 04:19
hi Daisy?!!have you received your invite yet?

Daisy Akinyi
8th Mar 2011, 13:52
Hi Akoti19, i havent received an invite yet...am quite frustrated, where are the interviews being held? I dont even know what to do now...am still patient though,..well i still have hopes, i pray they call me

Hi Qatarcutie, have you received your invite?

HiLoowla, i see you are online, kindly, tell me, where are the interviews held?

akoti19
9th Mar 2011, 07:25
[Text speak]

nihalnihal
9th Mar 2011, 08:32
hey all i too havent recieved an invite yet=((...am so worried and anxious...but still hoping for the best and for the others too who also waiting....

Jenscattys2
9th Mar 2011, 09:43
Hey guys, hope everyone's good.I haven't received an invite either.This will be my second and last attempt.The first time i applied,i got invited to the interview via mail.I remember it was on a sunday at grand regency.unfortunately didn't make it to the second around.That was in 2006.anyway gdluck to those of us waiting and congrats to Lowla and the other lucky ones

lyna
9th Mar 2011, 09:43
Hey all who have applied in Nairobi.

I work right next to their offices. Went to enquire they say they haven't called anyone yet:p. Whoever has an invite it's probably a scam

they said they would never mention earrings and high heels. I asked about that.

Goodluck all:ok:.

loowla
9th Mar 2011, 18:30
lyn,

really. . . .!!! i did read the 3rd sticky note on the home page. if its a scam they would definitely ask for money. . .and where would they get my info from to even give me a call. and since you did not receive an email i was sharing what was in mine and it does have stuff about earrings and shoes. . .

The email was not a scam. got a call today from Qatar to confirm my attendance. someone had asked about plaited hair. The lady who called me specifically said that hair should not be plaited and no extensions or weaves. :O :O :O

the interview will be at intercontinental

nihalnihal
10th Mar 2011, 03:41
[Text speak]

lyna
10th Mar 2011, 04:31
Just find out for yourselves. Although they don't seem so pleased with people bugging them. I think they get so many enquiries in a day. But what I said before is just what they told me.

SHEILACC
10th Mar 2011, 05:06
[Text speak]

crazzygirl
10th Mar 2011, 11:34
hello there
I will go on the 17th of this month in Puket,Thailand to attends the open day.I am a 30 year old Romanian working here in Thailand and I have a big dilema,if anyone can help me with an answer will be much appreciated.
I am 1,65 and 66 kg.I have started to frick out if my weight is not right(although my friends tell me is ok) I want an answer from someone who attended an open day with Qatar before.
when they will mesure your hight will they put you on a scale as well?
thank you

Mari
10th Mar 2011, 12:06
Crazzygirl,

it's not the time to freak out!!!

Who cares about scales??? By the way, I can tell exactly the weight and size of the girls just by looking at them. The age as well if they are European type. (Even the girls in their 30's who are saying that they look much younger. Come on!)

I doubt they put you on the scales. However, they ask your height and weight to calculate your BMI: it has to be between 18 and 25.

I can tell you one thing: my little niece (I've been mentioning all the time) was hired by Qatar a year ago and she is not skinny. She is curvy and definately not thin. She was told at the recruitment day to lose 6 kg. She didn't. She was told again by the grooming officers later on. She didn't. She still works for Qatar as a cabin crew and flying happily ever after.

There is something about my little niece: she is very cute (I would say a combination of sexy and innocent), she has a pretty smile, adorable curly hair, beautiful face with perfect skin. Very outgoing and friendly. Her background was one year with Ryanair and she also speaks two other foreign languages (Qatar destinations) beside English.

Can you lose 5-10-15 kilos till 17th??? No. So, the best you can do is to go for this Open Day and look stunning and confident.

Forget about the scales! You need to show them that you are something special!

crazzygirl
10th Mar 2011, 16:32
hi,thank you very much Mari,you give me hope and I need it.
I hope I will be flying with your nice.
I have customer service,since I finished the university I've been working in companies related to cusomer services.I work at a travel agency now and I speak 4 languages.I hope everything will go well.I'll keep you post it
good luck to everyone who's attending

DonyRO
10th Mar 2011, 20:12
I want to now...anything else we need at the OD...just CV and pictures?or even the documents ho attest your school graduation? Anyone ho want's to attend in Budapest?

SHEILACC
11th Mar 2011, 04:37
Hi all Nairobi Hopefuls,

It has been established that interview invitations are first been given to guys with a foreign language and then the rest of us.

Don't loose Hope.

akoti19
11th Mar 2011, 15:33
hi Qatar cutie,have you received your invite yet??am still waiting on myn.was wondering,can some one go for the OD without an invite??

crazzygirl
12th Mar 2011, 14:18
hi
Yes,OD are for everyone who wants to attend.in that day,after the presentation,they choose who'll stay for further interviews.
So,get dresse up and go !!!!!!!!
Good luck and do your best.
I'll go for OD on 19th of this month

Daisy Akinyi
12th Mar 2011, 17:47
Good news to all of you...Emirates are recruting in Kenya on 16 and 17 April.. Venue not yet verified...dont loose hope

Check this out:https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english I believe it will be of help...cheers!!!!!!!!!

nish86
12th Mar 2011, 23:14
hey
i am also from kenya and got the invitation.have you ever attended an qatar interview before.

Ruguru
13th Mar 2011, 06:22
[Text speak]

Ruguru
13th Mar 2011, 06:29
hey SHEILLAC how did you find out about the interviews being given to people with a foreign language only? am very anxious that i haven't received an invite yet.

cley_babe
14th Mar 2011, 04:13
hi everyone! i applied in QR last January and got through to the final interview. But sadly, i got the rejection letter 2 weeks after my interview. Now, I am planning to reapply again. I would just like to ask if they still do the 6-month after policy? I asked the recruitment agency if I can reapply in their March 19 OD and they said it's ok. I'm just in doubt because the agency might be wrong and I'll be wasting my time and money if I go on and apply. Any thoughts on this? It will be a huge help. thanks a lot!

SHEILACC
14th Mar 2011, 08:20
[Text speak]

layloon
14th Mar 2011, 12:23
Can anyone tell me if i attended the OD and didn't get to AD, how long do I have to wait to attend another OD?
:)

lili bunny
14th Mar 2011, 15:37
oh my gOsh!!! i have been waiting for the Cape Town open day for 2months now and it is finally here...5days away on the 19th of march... is anyone going? if so pm me and maybe we can meet there. i am soooo nervous i could vomit!:eek:

loowla
14th Mar 2011, 18:55
four more days to d- day.i am getting more excited. having a blast shopping for all the things i need. i have decided to be an incorrigible optimist :O :O :O .

cant wait to meet you all there :E :E :E :E

sooheel
14th Mar 2011, 18:56
I Don't understand why would you be wasting your money.. do they charge you to apply????

you have to go throw the FO and the CP first

loowla
14th Mar 2011, 19:11
[Text speak]

nish86
14th Mar 2011, 21:46
Well i can assure you that that is not true,because i do have a friend who doesn't have any foreign language and she got in.So patiently wait for your invite.
Good luck friend.

Ruguru
15th Mar 2011, 07:31
Is Qatar still sending invites?

Daisy Akinyi
15th Mar 2011, 11:23
Qatar havent called me either...an not sure of what they really want, to be sincere, i already lost on it. Its too much husstle, to wait, always on the net hoping you might get from them...its sooo devastating, have you tried emirates? the are coming to Kenya next month on 16and 17, try apply.

renay
15th Mar 2011, 13:06
[Text speak]

Ruguru
15th Mar 2011, 16:03
I guess this means we try our luck with Emirates

Daisy Akinyi
15th Mar 2011, 17:13
https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx You can check that site out...it might be of some help

Jenscattys2
16th Mar 2011, 13:19
[Text speak]

maroc
16th Mar 2011, 20:40
[Text speak]

nairobitodubai
20th Mar 2011, 19:48
Hi Nish 86 and Loowla...
I have read this thread with interest. Please let me know, how did your A.D go?/
Wishing you both the very best.

loowla
21st Mar 2011, 07:51
It was awesome. I had lots of fun. Made it to the final interview. The ladies interviewing us were really nice. Now i have to wait for three weeks for the reply. I am hoping for the best. . . :O :O :O

akoti19
21st Mar 2011, 09:11
"""aheeeem"".so it means there will not be any more invites???NO OD for qatar airways???nway,all the best Loowla:ok:. As for us,who is still wating??:sad::sad::sad:

Ruguru
21st Mar 2011, 10:30
comeon Loowla more information please. how many were you?:p whats your take on what they were looking for? Give us the juicy details that can help the rest of us aspiring flight attendants.:E
emirates here i come...;)

q23mutz
21st Mar 2011, 13:27
[Text speak]

nairobitodubai
21st Mar 2011, 18:26
Hi there fellow p pruners,
Its becoming a bit embarrassing / irritating to try and read a thread where half of it is deleted (text-speak).
Please let as try as much as possible to use proper English and not to shorten words (as though we are writing Short text messages in our phones)

Otherwise, good luck in all your en devours and God bless you all!!

q23mutz
22nd Mar 2011, 05:58
hi everyone i guess some of us are not happy :sad:because we did not get to be invited for the qatar interview, but you know what its never too late:=. we could try emirates .:ok:
Daisy and the rest of us why dont we huk up and meet with the guys who made <loowla> it then they can show us were we went wrong ,then we apply for the emirates one.
my email address is [email protected]

Mari
22nd Mar 2011, 09:09
It's very hard to get an invitation from Emirates as well due to the HUGE number of applicants.

lili bunny
22nd Mar 2011, 10:06
hey guys,

i am not sure what all this invitations talk for qatar airways is about. in south africa, all you have to do is show up in your business attire with your cv and 2 photographs at the open day as it is advertised in the newspaper and on their website.

i unfortunately did not make it past the open day as they were looking for skinny white girls (a friend of mine told me-she went to the 2nd round).

here's hoping they might be looking for a bit more ethnicity next time...:ok:
forever the optimist...

Ruguru
22nd Mar 2011, 10:40
:zzz:oh Mari, it is also hard to get into qatar that is why you have to pull all the right stops. here is some advice i got from the internet about things you should do that nobody will tell you.:ugh:
if you have a gap tooth (diastema) that is me, it will be a good idea to get it fixed, if your teeth are anything but white you should get them whitened:}, if you have marks on your arms and legs you should use a conceler to cover the marks, if you can afford professional make up get it (ranges between ksh250 to ksh1500) depending on where you go. smile in the photos that you submit (smile with your eyes).:)
Personally i intend to do all these things and much more if i can afford it.
by the way, the deadline for Emirates application is on 31st of March, so hurry..
Hope this time we all make it..:ok:

akoti19
22nd Mar 2011, 13:30
atleast i have confirmed it for myself.There was no OD for Qatar,!!!only invited people were interviewed last sato....so no more waiting!!!!Anyway,atleast we can say we tried!!till next time!!!!!:}:}:}:}:}:}

Daisy Akinyi
22nd Mar 2011, 13:42
I know its quite frustrating to eagerly anticipate for something and then it never happens...am sorry for all of us that were not called. I would also take this opportunity to to encourage guys to apply for emirates...they always tend to call so many people for the interview, so still, its a tough one but if you go through the pprune forum...you don't need to panic. I went for the EK interviews last year but the only advice i have for anyone intending to go... DON'T FEEL OR LOOK OVERCONFIDENT.....am telling you...the interviewers will easily tell when you are.

At the moment..am waiting for my 6months to end then i apply again... don't feel so sad about the qatar interview...I believe God has something better in store for ya all.

All the best as you apply for the emirates interviews.

@MARI: What is the difference between Global Assessment Day and Global Open Day?

Mari
22nd Mar 2011, 14:31
You need an invitation for the AD.
You don't need invitation for an OD.

expatinaction
22nd Mar 2011, 15:10
Girls...by now you should know the difference between an Open Day and an Assessment Day!!!

akoti19 if only invited candidates were interviewed then that was an Assessmant Day.

Ruguru you always have to make the best of what you have, I don't think the gap in your teeth makes a great difference but if it makes you feel more confident then have it fixed if you can but of course your teeth need to be white, of course you need to have well applied make up, how you would get that done professionally when the OD's and AD's start so early in the morning I don't know.

Smile with your eyes?? Yes of course as a sullen face won't get you through the door......these aren't things that nobody will tell you, these are obvious things.

The tip that was given to me when I first started out on this road when I went for my first airline interview years ago was to think like cabin crew and behave like cabin crew from the minute you walk through the door and not to let that drop even when you go to the bathroom or chat to other applicants when you're having a coffee, the recruitment team are not always the ones you are expecting to be watching you........also I can assure you that it is much more difficult to get into Emirates than Qatar Airways they are leagues apart!!!!!

However, that doesn't mean you can't do it, you have to apply yourself, read everything you can lay your hands on pertaining to this subject, practise your make up and your hair, make sure your grooming is totally immaculate on the day, that your nails are perfect, your jewellery understated, your shoes shining, walk with your head held high, with confidence, all this is the first step because without it you needn't worry what the questions or the tests are, you won't get past the C.V drop off.

Good luck.

Ruguru
22nd Mar 2011, 18:20
I meant for the photos, you can get good makeup done. Anyway goodluck people and by the way you can never know what they are looking, my cousin is with qatar and she is not thin but she is very beautiful. You can never know with these airlines they may like you or not..

loowla
28th Mar 2011, 10:27
i cant believe it. i got the okay to proceed with my medicals. that was fast considering its only been a week since the assessment day :} :} :}. hope i pass them.i hear they are pretty strict

akoti19
29th Mar 2011, 12:00
congrats to you LOWLA!!all the best in your medicals but in all ,you have passed the difficult:D:D process already!!:cool::cool:

BoxInBarcelona
29th Mar 2011, 12:46
Hello everyone! It's my first time posting here, although I always use this forum to look at the commentaries and gather some information.... I just finished my third day of interviews yesterday in Barcelona, so now all I'm doing is waiting for the reply. I am feeling pretty positive about it, and I am already looking at places where I could do my medicals. Does anyone have any recommendations in Barcelona? And what are the costs? I am currently not working, so I'm very low on money....:bored:
Anyway, wishing good luck to all the 10 or so girls that interviewed with me, hopefully we'll see each other again in Doha!!!! Have a great day!!!!

mimi294
29th Mar 2011, 13:57
dont worry the gals who missed on Qatar applications, now apply for Emirates assessment which is for 16th April,goodluck to all Kenyans ;)

am just giving you a hint,,,illegal to the airlines but legal to you,,,if you failed then told to wait for 6months no need to wait,,open a new account,you will get a new reference no and you never know you might just be lucky!

Daisy Akinyi
31st Mar 2011, 10:09
Hey Mimi... don't you think it might just be kinda risky if we tried doing you are advising? Am tempted to try it but what could be the consequences behind it? Believe me despite the fact that interviewers get to see many faces...they are a bit keen...its one of the traits they possess...anyways..as for me, my 6 months are almost over (2 months to go)and am patient...remember...to be cabin crew...you real got to be patient with everything

mimi294
31st Mar 2011, 13:58
I guess you are right,,,,try and exercise patience,:hmm:this waiting can make someone really wanna give up...but not to loose hope,,,hope you have applied the AD for 16th on Emirates,,,,am still waiting for an invite tho

Ruguru
31st Mar 2011, 19:03
Has anyone gotten an invite from emirates yet???

mimi294
31st Mar 2011, 19:57
don worry two weeks to come.....am still waiting my status is still Application under review:ouch:.....what does your status read?

May26
31st Mar 2011, 20:35
hi guys,
anyone going to the Qatar interview next Saturday in Bucharest? (on the 9th of April)...I just got my invite :)...I will keep you updated !

Cheers,
May

Ruguru
1st Apr 2011, 08:32
i sent my application yesterday so it says applied i hope it changes soon.:bored:

mimi294
1st Apr 2011, 10:06
Think positive and you might just be lucky, i guess they will be reviewing our applications soon since they are about to come.:)

Ruguru
2nd Apr 2011, 06:55
I still have not heard of anyone who has received an e-mail though. Two weeks to go.

maroc
3rd Apr 2011, 12:48
hi everybody could you please tell me if there any moroccan girl in this forum working with qatar airways who can help me in my procedure to join them, i have alredy sent my medicals but the radiologist report is not as requested, i repeat the test with another ragiologist but the same problem there something messing

thanks in advance

layloon
4th Apr 2011, 16:26
Hello everyone..
I went to the OD in Zagreb Croatia, yesterday, and didnt pass the screening..
I really don't know why:( I was in my business suit, had an Emirates bun though,I'm not fat,and I tried to look my best,mingled with, made some new friends, and smiled all the time. But I think it might be couse I only had highschool education in my CV. I didn't wanted to put my college educations couse they are still in process .And I didn't put that I am learning arabic and tukish couse I just started learning those languages.. so... I thought they might look at it as a minus.. maybe I was wrong.
Anyway did anyone from Bosnia or any other place attended this OD?
Can you guys here give me any tips how to pass the screening?

loowla
7th Apr 2011, 05:18
qatar medicals are a complete nightmare. . .iv been asked to see an orthopedic. . ..do they know how hard it is to get an orthopedic in my country???

nish86
7th Apr 2011, 14:25
[Text speak]

nish86
7th Apr 2011, 14:36
Sorry it long to reply but i went thru and now i am doing my medicals,
Keep trying the more you try the more the chances.
Take care.

May26
11th Apr 2011, 17:23
Hello everyone!

I just want to share my experience with Qatar at the OD held in Bucharest on April 9th.
I must say that it has been a very interesting journey of 3 days (I had today my FI) but very hard as well...On Saturday (09.04.) we had the CV drop off...there were around 300 people and we stayed in line at a very nice hotel to hand the cv to one of the recruiters and answer the questions (or not) she had for us. There were Ms. Adriana and Ms. Mazura, 2 very elegant ladies and very stylish as well...I went to Ms. Adriana and I smiled a lot while she was asking me about my current job. We bonded,let's say and at 4,30 that day I received the call to come again on Sunday.
That was all for Saturday.
On Sunday we were like 60 girls (no boy although there were allmost 20 at the drop off CV's). They started with a very nice presentation about Doha and Qatar Airways and the english test followed...I must say that although I am fluent in English, it has been a little tricky...logic questions and text comprehension and also an essay...less than half made it to the next stage, luckily me too (group discussion) ; we had some themes to present and here is where the real fun time happened - some girls were in a real debate, others were voting against each other, etc..all of those who were lousy and bossy went home...after that, they handled us an application form and some giudelines for the pictures and we went home, after establishing the schedule for the FI.
Today, it has been a more relaxed discussion, I was talking more about myself, my interests, what I like,etc. and it l;asted like 15 min. In 3 weeks time I will have the final response but I must say that it was a very interesting and pleasant experience!...the most amazing thing has been to find out that the recruiters have been with Qatar for more than 8 years now...amazing, if we take in consideration the discussions and opinions on the forums....what do you guys think? Is there anyone here already in Doha and can share his/her experience?
Have a great evening!
May

baccrat
13th Apr 2011, 21:22
I have a little doubt... Is Qatar Airways recruiting male applicants at the moment? I have not heard lately for any man hired by the company... is this true?

May26
18th Apr 2011, 09:04
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that today I have received the congratulations email from Qatar!:)

Until now, this has been my journey:

09.04. - Open Day
10.04. - Assesment Day
11.04. - Final Interview
18.04. - Congratulations Email.

I have to start ASAP the medicals and i hhope I will be able to send them the results this week as well.
Until further notice, I am tentatively booked to travel in the month of May, from Bucharest, if everything goes well with medicals (hope so, i am a little nervous!).

Some advice, guys? I'm a bit scared by the stories I've heard about Qatar but I believe that now it's time for me to follow my heart and instincts and I will try this oportunity!

Hugs,
May

expatinaction
18th Apr 2011, 09:52
Well I will give you a glimmer of hope through all the bad comments about QR, I worked for them for several years and undoubtedly it is very hard to comply with some of the ridiculous rules and that's the problem...nobody minds discipline and rules but when they are absurd it's hard to take. Since I've worked with EY I am amazed at how "programmed" I had become, ex QR cabincrew are very easy to spot!!! However, I still have many friends in Doha and also many ex QR crew who have moved to EY and because we all endured the extreme regime of QR together we have bonds that could never be broken......so in hindsight if I had not followed my heart and joined QR I now would not have these fabulous people in my life. So, as much as I would like to tell you not to do it - because believe me it is pretty awful - I couldn't be that hypocritical. You will meet some good people but you will be up against a lot of discrimination towards Westerners, don't try to understand the policies of the company because they will make no sense, just accept them, do not have an opinion because nobody will thank you for it, never let your guard down..not for a minute....crew who report their colleagues are rewarded and the temptation is just too great for some to resist, a lot of Asian crew will accept anything thrown at them because they are frequently supporting family back home and for them to get sent home is worse than putting up with the BS. Hope and pray that the chief never sets his sights on you because if you turn him down you will be out on your ear!! Go with the goal that you will stick two years to pay back your service undertaking and put it all down to experience. The training is thorough and most airlines will view you favourably when you are seeking your next job..well except EK will make you wait a year for the opportunity after QR...I stuck it for four years, I resigned and within a week they sacked me!!! Work that nonsense out!!!! They asked me not to resign because I was all the wonderful things under the sun (which roughly translated means that I was one of the few Westerners to ever stick it that long!!!) and they even offered me an alternative position but when I declined all the offers and resisted all the flattery they called me into the office and sacked me!! LOL!!!!

maroc
18th Apr 2011, 10:13
congratulations May26,

did they mention the joining dte in your congratulation e-mail?? because they did'nt in my case.

now am doing my medicals since i have recieved my cong email 14 march,

i'm realy nervous they asked me to redo my x-ray, then they asked me to redo my CBC because some values are lower than the reference range, but the result were the same, this morning they asked me to do:

1. Hb Electrophoresis report

2. Anemia profile

3. Explanation of abnormal CBC results mentioning the cause of same.

i'm really afraid they can rejcet my medicals, is any body in the same boat?

baccrat
18th Apr 2011, 13:20
Expatinaction:

I have a question regarding the period that EK makes you wait if you're coming from QR... This rule is just between QR and EK? Or there's some restriction for people going between Etihad and Emirates?

Lau_bcn
18th Apr 2011, 23:55
Hello!!! This is my first time posting here, so I am very nervious about my medicals ant the EKG, I have an incomplete right bundle branch block. My doctor doesn't take importance, but i am afraid I can be failed because of that..
Anyone with the same situation?? The other trials were ok and perfect, so i am worried about it, anyone who passed the medicals with the same BRI?

expatinaction
19th Apr 2011, 08:50
Hi, as far as I know there is no such agreement between EY and EK but I hate saying anything that's conclusive on here because someone will always come along and prove you wrong!!! However, the story is that an agreement was entered into between QR and EK but EY refused to be part of it....basically EY CEO knows there a lot of QR crew straining at the bit to join EY and why should he turn away good potential crew?? The result is that there is no Zed travel agreement between QR and EY either so EK will take QR and EY crew tickets but QR and EY will not carry each others!! The little man in QR likes to assert his power...EY wouldn't agree to enforce the 12 month waiting rule (certainly not in their interest) but EK did (I guess to keep the peace??) so hope that explains the origin of the rule for you!!

baccrat
19th Apr 2011, 13:46
Thanks expatinaction!! It's very interesting!

I'm saying this because my final goal, it's the UAE... I think that EY and EK are similiar in most of the aspects of this job... BUt since I'm 28... I'm scared of being rejected in both airlines and reaching the 30's without flying experience.... What a mess! So if the next year I'm in the same situation, I will consider Qatar as an option, and fly at least 2 years... But, well... As I said... my heart is in the UAE...

Thanks again for such an explanation :)

turkeyyy
21st Apr 2011, 20:05
ı want to ask guestıon for male candıdates??? is Qatar aırways now gathering male??? or only female??

here ıs there anybody who is male joined Qatar nowadays??

Adelinee
21st Apr 2011, 22:21
[Text speak]

loloy101
24th Apr 2011, 16:00
not all the time they would accept male applicants

in my country for example they have not opened the OD/AD for male applicants for how many months. before it was a year that they ban males hopefully not this time around. i cant wait for a year i might travel to another country were they accept males and take my chances then...no matter how expensive.

Tinker Bell
27th Apr 2011, 06:21
Hi May!

Congratulations! Job well done. I know the feeling you went through for that 3 days. I went through the same and lucky to be selected for the final interview. Does it mean if went to the final interview and submitted necessary documents, photographs, and the application form (which was given prior to the final interview), you got the job? or is it like they still have to bring your application form and documents to Doha for final approval for the upper management, which they told us. I feel mixed emotions now. I really wanted to become a cabin crew. I hope I could join with QA and hope to see you as well :O Enjoy a new life in Doha!

I was very happy that I got selected for the final interview for cabin crew position (Qatar Airways). It was last April 25, 2011 at Le Meridien Hotel, Abu Dhabi. Anyone of you knows if that reaching the final interview would mean that I got the job? They already gave me an application form prior to the final interview and submitted documents like school diploma/certificates, and photographs. Although they have informed us to wait for three weeks for a confirmation email. I felt mixed emotions right now while waiting for the email but I'm very much happy for I've gone as far as the final interview and I was given the chance. Thanks! :O

CRISMC
27th Apr 2011, 08:20
English only please

katarko
27th Apr 2011, 18:33
[Text speak]

fanona
30th Apr 2011, 21:27
[Text speak]

lilibue
1st May 2011, 07:29
[Text speak]

fanona
1st May 2011, 14:06
Hello ,,

I need to ask about the possability to be accepted after reaching the final interview ??
I did my final interview and i am still waiting for the result and iam so worried and nervous too.:{

May26
1st May 2011, 20:09
Hi,

I have been in the process of medical reports for allmost 2 weeks now and I only need to submit Hep A result which I will have it on Wednesday...So far so good, but I have been exchanging many emails with my joining coordinator until now, as they asked me to complete some of my reports...
Anyway, I still wait for my passport to be issued at mid of May..

to Mari: Hi Mari,
I have been following your posts about your niece who is currently working with Qatar...although I have read all the usefull info that you posted, I just wanted to know if there is something more you could add in terms of regime, way of life and rules as I am heading to Doha in no time!...my really big dream was EK but got rejected twice now without knowing why or what to improve...to be hinest, my dream is aviation, but I believe that EK would have been the cherry on the pie!...
But, considering that I am being very short on money and I also need to help my family (romanians know what I am reffering to ) I would like to kindly ask you if it's worth it to wait for another 4 months to retry with EK (but with the risk of being rejected again from the first cut!)...
I will highly appreciate any answer (short or long) upon this dead end that i am facing:D.

In the meantime, I also was invited for an AD with EY this month in Bucharest and I believe that since I have the invitation, I will give it a shot!

All the best,
May

Tinker Bell
2nd May 2011, 13:24
Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to share with you all, that I got the confirmation e-mail as cabin crew for QR (Qatar Airways) today. That was after a week of mixed emotions waiting. I was actually surprised because they have told us to wait for three weeks, but it was just a week past now. I had the final interview last April 25, 2011. Now I have to proceed with the pre-employement medical exminations. I hope to finish everything they need as soon as possible. Take care and all the Best!

:O

fanona
2nd May 2011, 15:21
@ Tinker Bell

that's amazing i'm so happy for you .I'm still waiting for my confiramtion e-mail hope it will get it soon because i hate waiting feeling.
I also had my final interview in 25th april and still cheacking my mail every second :{:{

MissUAE
3rd May 2011, 12:37
Hello,

I wonder how is the Open Day of this airline. :confused:

Thank you

RavenLulu
4th May 2011, 13:33
Hi May 26! Congrats on getting in! =)

I have a quick question, what are the requirements (like photos, copies of passport, educational certs) they'd be asking for during the FI. I'll be attending the OD from another country so I'm hoping to be ready with everything.

If anyone knows the answer, kindly reply too! Thanks guys! =)

MIK2009
4th May 2011, 16:19
I was not shortlited at the open day held in seychelles my country in march! Instead I applied to attend the open day in mauritius due in may 14th!! and to my surprise today qatar replied instead! noting that they are doing a recruitment campaign over the world and i am welcome to attend the open day in mauritius! The weirdest thing is qatar will be holding the open day the same day as emirates but different venue!! I feel like i should take the risk! but i am worried about my weight, as its slightly above the BMI SHOULD BE 25 BUT IM 26!! does your weight matter to that extent! id rather refrain expenses if i know i will not be shortlisted!

king_to_noh
6th May 2011, 08:51
Anybody here knows why QR changed their age requirement? Before it is 21 but now it's 23? Reason behind it?

And why they don't really get some males?

expatinaction
6th May 2011, 12:15
In fact it was 20 when I joined, I am sure they have increased it because they are looking for more mature starters, they put big demands on their crew, it can be a lot of pressure for a 20 year old away from home, very diverse culture, rules that are oppressive and no support structure from the company and no leniency. It's a big shock and you can be very lonely. A more mature person with a little more life experience may handle it better?? They need to address their issues somehow as their turnover is massive. Remember they have been the only airline that did not ease up on recruitment, between natural wastage, terminations and resignations they must waste millions on training!!!

lilibue
7th May 2011, 07:08
[Text speak]

king_to_noh
7th May 2011, 22:19
Yeah you're correct, they just want their money to be secured to those people who really wants and craving for the job and will stood long with their company. Because, some just go and try it and leave even the contract is not yet over. Thanks for the reply expatinaction (http://www.pprune.org/members/344196-expatinaction), I really appreciate it.

BTW, I met this Bulgarian Cabin Crew Manager here in DXB. She was to apply Cabin Crew for EK, but here DXB they don't accept International Applicants for the position. However they are really expanding EK with Arab nationals. In fact, I supposed to apply but hell, they are not into Filipinos anymore.

Anyways, thanks for the answer.:)

Tinker Bell
9th May 2011, 11:00
Fanona:

Oh so your from Egypt. I think QR is really in need of a big number of cabin crews. I received my congtatulations email last May 2. And last May 8, I have submitted all the (PEM)Pre-Employment Medical Exam results. I have taken the Fast Track-Form A. It's another waiting period for me. Keep in touch. All the best! :O

:uhoh:Also I worry because I didn't know I have a mild scoliosis until I got this cobb's angle test which is also part of the PEM. The doctor said it's a mild one with 5-8degrees scoliosis. I hope they will consider my case since I have read on the older posts here that QR accepts up to 15 degrees scoliosis. Other's said it's up to 10 degrees only. Anyhow I just kept on praying my medical results will be cleared.

expatinaction
10th May 2011, 12:04
Hi, just wanted to say that I applaud your honesty, every word you say is true and you are only scratching the surface of the horrors that await you at QR. My only good word about it is that I made some great friends there.....most of us are now with EY!!!!!! I originally wrote a lot of honest accounts of my time with Q.R on here and a moderator accused me of throwing grenades around the forum so I shut up!!!!! Now you want the phone number for EK HR? I found it on here to be honest, but I'll have a look at my old e-mails maybe I have it on the AD invitation?? Somebody must have it on here!! Mucho suerte.

katarko
10th May 2011, 12:25
[Text speak]

thepilotwife
11th May 2011, 02:10
Hello!

My husband got a job as a320 pilot for Qatar Airways. I was wondering in case I apply and pass the cabin attendant selection, if I could get my schedule coupled to his and only fly together?
Does anyone know any case of this type, husband and wife both flying for QR?

katarko
11th May 2011, 08:46
Yes, you can apply.
But usually they never pay attention on roster that you can fly tohether.
Btw, if you have some experience with monitoring, coaching, supervising etc., it is better for you to apply as a cabin crew recruiter (but I am not sure are they taking people just like that for recruiter position).

But you have the right to live with your husband in Doha I assume since you are familly.

Tinker Bell
11th May 2011, 09:17
I have been reading all the posts here. I saw you online and I'm just hoping if you could advice if QR accepts applicants with mild scoliosis? Mine is 5-8 degrees. All medical exam were fine except for this one. I have read in one post they accept up to 15 degrees. Are you an ofiicil FA now? I hope to hear from you. Thanks! :O

Mari
11th May 2011, 09:22
My advice: JOIN QATAR.

First of all, you will not be alone. There will be many lovely girls in your course. You will make lots of friends. You will find many Romanians there who will help you through the tough times.

You will improve a lot:
- English
- multicultrural environment
- empathy
- service
- grooming.

With the Qatar-experinece, I'm sure you could make it with Emirates next time. I had the feeling from your previous posts that you are a bit naive. You will grow-up for sure after this experience. Even 6 months would change your thinking and personality a lot!

Layovers are great! Many are 2-3 long and there are some exotic destination: you would never make it there if you stayed in Romania doing... doing whatever you are doing now. I would say it's worth it for the destinations!!!

You might get a new accomodation building which is nice and comfortable. (I heard they have just opened up new buildings.) You might be lucky and get a great, sweet flatmate.

I personally think that Doha is not the greatest place on Earth and the rules are very strict. I would say you CANNOT get used to them but you can learn how to live there according to the rules.

I'm sure you will find the training course intense and hard but lots of fun as well!

Listen: whatever experience you get from Qatar, it will only help you to make it to Emirates in the future.

Go to Doha and spend there some time. If you cannot do it, just leave after 4-6 months. As far as I heard, you don't have to pay pack those fees if you get fired. (Remember that.) If that would be your decision after some time, you can go for Emirates again without mentioning QR in your CV. (Easy as that.)

However, if you can take QR for 12-24 months, it's much better. Resign after 2 years, do something else for a year and try Emirates again.

- One year is not that much!!! I would take a little break, some weeks, and I'm sure any cruise line would take you in a minute with experience like that. Just an example. -

You will have very good chances with EK: many ex-Qatar, ex-KingFisher, ex-SIA crew works for Emirates. You will be only 26-27 years old, great age!

Actually, being far from home and the job might be so disappointing that you would give up all your dreams about Emirates. You never know.

I wish you all the best with your career in aviation!

This is my niece's last roster:

1 SBY
2-3 Zürich
4 OFF
6-7 Milan
8-9 OFF
10-13 Houston
14-16 OFF
18-20 Melbourne
21 OFF
23-25 SBY
26-27 OFF
28-30 SBY
31 OFF

This is a new-joiner's first roster:

1-2 stby
3-5 off
6 rest
7-8 stby
9-10 Manchester (24 hours)
11 rest
12 off
13-15 stby
16-18 off
19-21 Kuala Lumpur (38 hours)
22-23 Algiers (26 hours)
24-25 Chennai turn around
26-29 Cebu ( 50 hours )
30 Bangalora turn around
31 off

katarko
11th May 2011, 10:31
[Text speak]

turkeyyy
11th May 2011, 18:00
please ınform us!!! ıs there any male candıdates joıned for Qatar aırways nowadays????.... did you see any male ın fınal ıntervıews ın open days???

kittyqa
11th May 2011, 19:54
hi guys!!:) i am currently processing my medical requirements.if i get through it,how long does it take for the pre employment processing? what do i have to prepare?any heads up???thanks appreciate it!;)

maroc
11th May 2011, 20:36
It depends on wich form you have chosen, with form A is very fast but form B take more time like my case, i got the congartulation email on march 14 and still doing and repeating my medical tests it gonna take me forever :ugh:

anyway wish you good luck

expatinaction
12th May 2011, 16:58
All very good sensible advise to May26 and I understand your logic.

I know you have a relative who works in QR but as you may know I worked for them for four years and I have never known anyone get out of paying their service undertaking without completing two years service unless they jump ship.

Whilst your exit papers are being processed your bank account will be frozen if they deem it necessary and they will have the outstanding amount of your "bond" out of your final salary, there is no way of avoiding this, they will even pay off any loans from your own money, you can't syphon off money, you can't even use your cards once they freeze the account and you can't just leave as you are not allowed to exit the country without their permission.

They will not allow you to leave Qatar with any debt left behind you and your final payment from them will be by cheque that you have to take to their bank to cash. I have no idea how you have heard something other than that.

So May26 be sure you understand that if you decide to leave before your two years of minimum service is completed you will have to pay the outstanding amount on your service undertaking and you will sign paperwork with your contract to agree to that.

If you jump ship of course you will not have to pay it, if you get fired you cannot even go back into Qatar for two years. They will also take away your American visa if you have been with issued one.

There was a time when they actually took the service undertaking in just two lumps out of the salaries of the Antipodean crews wage packets and left them for a couple of months in poverty..... I think this information you have put in a wannabe forum is very dangerous information indeed.

Safe landings.

expatinaction
12th May 2011, 18:06
Okay, I can remember two ocassions where crew did not pay back the service undertaking other than jumping ship.

First one was a girl still in training and they discovered a tattoo that she had hidden and it was inappropriate (location and size) so she was sent home to get it lasered and she did not return (technically jumping ship I suppose although she had only been in Doha about two weeks) the writing was on the wall though as they made her choose to pay either her excess baggage back or her ticket.......well had she been returning to Doha she would not have needed all of her baggage.

Second one injured herself on a flight and was sent home for an MRI as she would have had to wait weeks in Doha for one, kicking her heels on the ground and no HFP, so she elected to pay her own ticket back to her country (not even on QR but another carrier as she was not on the QR network) and she never went back so also really it was virtually jumping ship, she just took everything back with her, drew out her money, forsook her next wage that was due to her and that was that.

I am racking my brains but cannot think of any other examples where people left before two years and paid nothing. katarko do you know of any???

sonka
12th May 2011, 18:42
I know also one story few weeks ago that happen:

There was one european crew that fight with one CSD and after that he was really under mobbing. I know all that story since I was on that flight DOH-KUL (CSD was very tough person from Nepal) and that guy was very kind and normal during discussion etc etc etc... Latter both of them where invited in Saliya's office. After some time he felt some heart problems and he was evaluated in Qatar hospital... after he went to europe just to check his condition back home they sent him an e-mail and just infomerd him that he is terminated with QR.
They didn't pay his sallary like they told him in that attachment they sent.
But they decided to terminate the contract (even he was 100% better and his condition was certified by one of the best cardiologist in Europe).
They wrote him they will pay his last salary, and they they change their mind.
Imagine that!
First of all: his condition became like that because of working condition (Qatary doctor wrote that and I saw that where doctor said "stres related in work place...."), he was on sick leave and during sick leave they decided to terminate him when he was out of base.

Imagine that guys!!!

Also, KATARKO knows that story better since they are batchmates and we spoke about that few days ago...

Katarko tell us something about that?
That guy was really nice guy (I think from Croatia or Serbia) I flew with him once and if he is terminated then I don't know WTF is wrong with the company.

steph_02
13th May 2011, 06:48
Hello, anyone here have tried to attend the OD in dubai? Are there lots of applicants in dubai?

fanona
13th May 2011, 20:57
hello all
i need to ask about medical tests ,, should i do it in a specific lab or hospital ..
like doing it in governmental or private hospital ,,, which one would be better ??

RavenLulu
14th May 2011, 15:29
Hi guys! For those who've attended ODS/ADS for Qatar, what clothes should be worn on the 2nd day (assessment) and 3rd day (FI)? There was specification only on the first day (knee-lenght skirt and short-sleeved blouse)

Will they give instructions on the next day over what to wear? Thanks!

NJF
15th May 2011, 09:02
[Text speak]

FaithG
15th May 2011, 12:35
Hello everyone!
I have completed the pre employement medical examinations twelve days ago. I am still waiting for a response. Could anyone tell me how long does it take to receive the medical clearance?
Thank you!

FaithG
15th May 2011, 12:44
Hello Fanona!
I think it doesn't matter where you should do the medical tests. They just have to be all in English.
Good luck :)

May26
15th May 2011, 19:30
Dear Mari,

Thanks a lot for the valuable info...I will think it well once I receive my contract - I have just been medically cleared and waiting for the contract.

Safe flights,
May

kittyqa
15th May 2011, 20:13
thanks for the info maroc! I received my congratulations letter last april..I chose form B and until now I'm still processing medical requirements, do you have an idea how long does it take for qatar's medical clearance to be completed after you have completed all of their medical requirements? and what's the next step after that???:confused:

Tinker Bell
16th May 2011, 06:46
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to share to you all that I got a medical clerance from QR. Now I'm worry free :D for they have accepted my 5.8 degrees mild scoliosis. This is also for future reference to those in the same scenario.I'm so thankful that QR replied very fast after my F.I. , congratulations e-mail, and medicals it took just 3 weeks for me to get medical clerance. I've read form previous post that some took a month and even after 2 months to get the clearance. It really depends I think.

Although I'm still waiting for the job offer but my joy :O is very high for I got the clearance.

Indeed"patience is a virtue".

All the best to everyone!:ok:

maroc
16th May 2011, 08:49
hi kittyqa, I really don't konw how much time it takes you to get the medical clearance, but for form B it tooks a long time like my case, i'm still waiting ,too. as i told you i got the congratulation e-mail on march 14, i repeated my chest x-ray and my CBC then they asked me to do other tests because the values of my CBC are not within the normal range, I am really worried about their final answer :uhoh:
my friend got the congratulation e-mail in april and she had already gotten the medical clerance and visa.... because she did the form A.

anyway you should be patient and everything gonna be ok.

wish you good luck

maroc
16th May 2011, 12:32
I would like to inform you that i didn't obtain my medical clearance

wish good luck

katarko
17th May 2011, 12:13
I worked for Qatar Airways and this is my experience
Why Qatar Airways is really sick?

Their rules suming our lifes on just one sentence is: we are living for working, not working for living. 12h before pick-up we have minimum rest time and we MUST be in our flat (also, we can see a friend in our building, but not outside the building).
Sometimes I had roster like this:
Woke up time was 3:00 (since I allways wanted to relax, take a long shower time, coffe, breakfast, self preparation etc etc etc. and that always took minimum 90min for me), than pick up at 04:50, than briefing at 05:50, take off at 8:00, landing for example Athens at 12:20, back to Doha around 18:40, waiting for pick up and back in my place at 19:30-19:45. But sometimes happen that I have 3 or 4 days in a row roster like this (Greece, Turkey, Indian Sub-Continent, Intra Gulf) and when I reach home - I am imediatelly on minimum rest time because if (for example) after this Athens flight I have again new flight in the morning (Ankara for example) I am on minimum rest sometimes for 7 days in a row and that is the big problem with Qatar Airways. Even when we have our legal day off it's interupted with minimum rest.
During that time, we can't have visitors (well, sometimes we where cheating the sistem and if somebody from outside visited us we found somebody in the building who is not on minimum rest so the guest can sign as another person guest).
Also, there are some stupid rules and I dont know why.
For example, mobile phone is strictly prohibited when we are in uniform, but however, whatever is prohibited in QR it is STRICTLY prohibited and violated of any rule - performance officers will contact the crew and call to office.
There is grooming check befre each flight - and that is very very very non-comfortable because they treat us like kids - Jackets on girls and boys (then, they check each detail from oudside the uniform), Jackets off (they check then shirts, watch, socks, neils etc...). They also have the right to aks you to open your hand lugage so the grooming officer can see what is in trolley or is it something missing... Whenever is something missing or grooming officer thought that it's not in accordance to standard (and during each briefing there is 1-2 person(s) that something is 0,00001% out of some standard) they just ask - Give me the staff number dear? After that they are making some report about that crew member.

There is also one big problem with minimum rest! Company has the right (well, they think they can do that so they really do that) to check minimum rest time outside the Doha. So, if the crew is on layover somewhere (for example Sao Paolo, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur etc.) they can randomly call in hotel room and check will some crew answer the phone call or is the crew member in room 11 or 12 hours before pick up.

They are controling everything in each second.
03:30 is deadline to return back home (but I assume that recruiters told to new candidates about that already). 03:31 is NOT acceptable!!!

The biggest problem is that company is not evaluating mistakes like Emirates or Etihad do. For example: Crew came in accomodation at 3:50 (which is 20min later) and they terminated that girl. But, another crew member slept for pick-up in Bangkok and they called to the room from reception and – nothing, so CSD and CS went to his room with hotel staff and that crew was naked under drugs and with prostitute in the bed. That is not correct way to treat these two situation at the same way with the termination and sending home since the first one is not so serious like the second one, but they are treating the crew like that – „Crew with mistake“ / „Crew without mistake“. If crew made any mistake, they will just deport him/her back home (if crew is lucky) but they also can logged the crew off from each single flight and keep that status for a weeks in Doha because we can't leave the country without exit permit that can be issue only in immigration department. For example, Emirates and Etihad had several crew that was arrested and spent few night in jail because of driving after alchohol consumption - but these crew member are still working because Emirates nor Etihad doesnt interfere private mistakes with job mistakes.

Anyway, I am not talking about these extreme things since I am also a type of person who is not tolerating this problematic behavior even in Europe and I am also the one who would like to put all drunk drivers in jail etc., but freedom in walking, eating, recreating, spending time with friends and dear people etc is not a crime and it is normal all around the world, but there is just few acceptable things in Qatar Airways and before or after we all realized that is slavering company.

There was nice moments etc., but at the end of the day - I was like animal there and never want to repeat that in my life.

There is also milions of examples how they treat the people but each inteligent person can reallize how they treat the people only after reading several rules... Before I joined them, I though that it can't be so bad there, i though that people talking just because they are not enough mature, but now i reallized that it is even worse than I expected.

Positive things: travelling (but allways something inside you is telling u that after all you will be back in Doha and you just can't be relaxed wherever you are like Emirates, Etihad, Gulf Air, Singapore and all other crew in hotels because you can't take not even a cocktail if that is more than 12h before pick up because if someone report you - you will be in BIG trouble, including jail and that happen once to one asian guy when someone just reported him that he was drinking a red wine in some hotel at the evening and his flight was in the morning). Anoher positive things are nice colegues (but also there is big procent of snakes that we can't trust)...

At the end, as you can see, there is just few good things there and even few good things are interfered with bad and negative things so there is more negative than positive things.

Now, Emirates and Etihad - for sure there is also some strict policy aboput something and crew is also not 100% happy , but there is another way of thinking in managemant and crew is happier that in QR and more relaxed because they are living their lifes and they are enjoying.

I hope that I helped with my truly experience especially to those who are in doubt to join or not to join Qatar Airways.

TightSlot
17th May 2011, 14:27
Thanks katarko

You're wasting your time I'm afraid - they don't listen

rfortupino
17th May 2011, 18:02
I just came home from Doha, finished relations with QR :D:D:D:D

Give full support to everything katarko wrote. Anyway, in Spain there's a famous quote we way: Rules are made to be broken.
We do have all these rules, but as always, there's the option to be able to handle situations without following them. Just be intelligent, smart, don't be an asshole, keep your mouth closed, don't trust people, only your best friends.

Though, life for me in that country is too difficult, no human rights, abusive temperatures, etc...

Good luck for those who are trying to join QR!! I also did one year ago after reading some posts in several forums. You don't realize until you get there and live it.

Cheers buddies!

ms.solo
17th May 2011, 19:40
hi guys

i have a question for you and hope to find the answer.

i have an experience as a cabin crew with fly dubai(low cost carrier) but i didnt stay for long time i resigned after 4 month, now i am thinking about applying for qatar,,is that will affect my application?

hope to get the answer soon ,

thanks

rfortupino
17th May 2011, 20:41
Don't worry, it's a positive thing, not a problem hehehe
They recruit people with previous experience. Just write in your CV that you've been there for about 3 years, so you can be fast-track :E
They won't check it.

katarko
17th May 2011, 23:56
ms.solo,

Tell them that you worked as a "Line trainer" so you will be performance officer in Qatar Airways in next 18 months.
Btw, if you check "Performance Officer" in Google, you will find that in White House there are performance officers (I just don't know what are they doing and what kind off admistration or what type of protocol).

But that is one more proof how sick they are in Qatar Airways.

Position that normal companies calling "Check purser" or "Crew line checker" they call "Performance officer" to make it more sound and extraordinary.

What is next?

(New) Doha International Airport they will call "Aircraft Carrier" ???
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

May26
18th May 2011, 19:39
Hi all,

I just received the final clearance from Qatar - joining in max. 2 weeks.

Katarco - valuable words but i will tell you something: I am not surprised, but where I come from, it is much worse, trust me :(
If you have some piece of advice, I would highly appreciate it!

Sorry for bothering, can you tell me what period of time have you been with them?
I am just curious if you made it through the first contract, as the conditions there are hectic, as everyone is telling overhere...

Thanks and regards!

PS: I repeat myself : if any advice for "survival"overthere, please don't hesitate to give it!...I am aware that it is that hard, but I need it so much, from so many points of view..

Warm hugs to everyone,
May

katarko
19th May 2011, 07:56
Dear May26, you don't have contract like most of normal companies will offer. As you can see, there is "Offer of employment" and that is something different. Much different!
In Emirates for example, there is contract which is document and proof that both parts signed what is inside and also at the end of that contract there is stamp (original company stamp).
Offer of employment means NOTHING no matter what happen.
They can decide whatever they want but you don't have jurisdiction protection with that peace of paper.
Believe me, it can't be worse in your contry since you are from Europe and be very smart before you will say that because you will see what you have in Europe comparing it with Middle East. In my contry I allways have health insurance (and in 95% european countries too), I have my human rights, I can have sex today in 12:00 in central square in capitay city but then I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE to the jurisdiction and low set by the country and I win't be terminated on my job, and also I wont be responsible to my manager or CEO. You will se there in many situations that you are thinking how to live, and you will find yourself that you are comparing life standards where are u coming from with standards of your collegues since some of them are thinking not how to live, they think how to survive...
And that will be big difference and you will never think the same way again...:=

Also, you decided to join them like I did one year ago and I didn't believe to this experience that some people shared here since I wanted to fell that on my own skin. And I did. I am not sorry because that and I'm not regreat... But I know that I would never repeat that (NEVER,NEVER,NEVER). :=:=:=

Tinker Bell
19th May 2011, 09:48
Katarko I very much appreciate for sharing your experiences in QR. It would help us especially the new ones. To be a cabin crew is a dream job for me. I tried Emirates and Etihad but I didn't get my luck. So here I'm will be joining QR soon. I guess I wouldn't know unless I have tried and experienced it myself :rolleyes:. I'll just be thinking to the idea of how lucky I am, out of the many applicants I got this job! :)

Mari
19th May 2011, 11:31
There was a girl from my country who received job offer from Qatar AND Emirates at the same time. She chose QR because her date of joining was 4 weeks earlier than EK and she found the recruiters nicer.

katarko
19th May 2011, 14:11
....and she will leave QR 2years earlier than she would lieave Emirates...
:ugh:

Also Mari, they are very nice and very kind during Open day (recruiters) you know why?
I am friend with one CSD that is also recruiter part-time and I have information that it's very difficult rensponsibility for them because they are responsible if they dont bring enough number of candidates in Doha.

So, usually they have like 15 people at the final interview and lets assume that 9 people will be invited to start with medicals.
If some candidates change his/her mind and decide not to go forward with medicals or after succesfull medical evaluation decide not to join the company after travel arangement is ready - that's recruiter mistake (that is how they are treated by company). Managemant believe that recruiters shoud be responsible for candidates motivation and also pressume who will change his/her mind latter during the process.

Human factor is allways rensposible and deserve punishment in Qatar Airways.

There was one famous joke in my time there:

For example, you guys all know that crew must be in Doha 12 hours before duty (which is also minimum rest time). But if crew is on leave and don't return to the base 12 hours before next duty than next 6 month can't leave the country and take leave (only on duty or if resign) and they will call crew member to the office and there is also warning letter and promotion is on hold for next 6/9/12 months. But also, if there is some problem with Qatar Airways aircraft (technical problem) and if take off is like 4hours late, even that is company mistake/reason but crew who was passenger on that flight will be invited to the office + warning letter etc.... So, they dont accept coincidences and these situations.

And we allways made joke abut that if they crash one and some crew that travel as a passsenger survive and rescue team save his/her life but less than 12h before duty, company will anyway give warning letter.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

rfortupino
19th May 2011, 21:19
That's not 100% true KATARKO. If you are late and don't respect the minimum rest due to technical problems, weather , or any other problems you might have which can not be controlled by human factors, they won't give you the warning letter.

katarko
20th May 2011, 06:22
Well, then wont if crash or somethng like that...
But one person from Romania (my batchmate) resigned because of warning letter since that person didn't accept the fact about warning letter and without any personal mistake. Flight from FCO delayed due to some technical reasons and next schedule flight from FCO to DOH (more than 6 hours later) departed before than the delayed one (so that person was accepted for that flight).
Even that was QR problem, less than 12 hours before flight was unacceptable for company.
That is what that person told me and there is no reason for me to not believe. But maybe that was single case that was exception somehow.

white house
22nd May 2011, 06:47
Is anyone have any idea if you failed your medical with QR can you apply again and how long i should wait? I got accepted from QR and i failed with the medical. I think sinusitis is reason why i failed the test. if you heal yourself and get rid of sinusitis. Any chance they will accept me back? Is it true if you failed test they wont accept you back :( help me ... flying is my dream...

FaithG
22nd May 2011, 08:02
Dear May,
I have been reading your posts. First I want to congratulate you for obtaining the medical clearance from QR. I have noticed that you have obtained it only after 2 weeks. I just want to ask you if it sometimes takes longer. I have received the congratulatory e-mail on April 13th and I have completed the medical examinations (fast track: form A) on May 3rd, that is to say that I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks without any response. Is that normal?
Pleaaaaaaaase help! :confused:

Dear all!
Can anyone tells me how long does is take to receive medical clearance?:confused::confused::confused:
Thank you in advance.

Mari
22nd May 2011, 09:15
White,

what was the reason for sinusitis? Did you have a cold that time? Or suffering from allergies? Are your sinuses clean now? Did you choose the 'short' or the 'long' medicals? Were all your other results normal?

white house
22nd May 2011, 10:43
Mari

I told the long term ( form B) well all report look normal only the suggestion fromm doctor that i have sinusitis. After i sent all report to QR about 4 day i got regret email from them. I tried to ask what was to reason unfortunately they cannot tell me so I assume it might be sinusitis. I found some thing very interenting about this .. take a look.. www.thaicabincrew.com &bull; (http://www.thaicabincrew.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=681612#p681612)
Anyway, I did my test again at different hospital back home. Doctor here said that everything normal also my sinus. Well, I really want to try again for QR but i have heard that if you failed the medical you cannot apply again even you past again for FI once they check you file while they have it already from previous. They will reject you again. But I also heard that you can try again after 1 year. So i would like to know about this. Anyone faild medical with QR and try again and get accepted in the past????

Mari
22nd May 2011, 11:36
This is a very small problem. (You shouldn't have submitted your papers like that.) Try it again after one year and make sure your medical results are immaculate. (Fake some numbers if necessary.) Take the short one next time.

In the meantime you can try other airlines if this is really your dream. Emirates, Etihad, FlyDubai is hiring. There is MEA, Kuwait Airways, RAK Airways, Royal Jordanian, Air Arabia, Alwafeer Airlines in the region as well. Visit their websites from time to time and submit your CV if there is open position advertised.

Good luck!

white house
22nd May 2011, 12:22
Mari

Thank you so for your advice. I think i will try QR again no matter what :) nowadays it quite difficult for me in EK and EY. I'm Thai and they've not came here since 2009. They are limiting the number of thai mother tongue :( But i will not give up for them even QR.

Thank a lot

Shuperstar Loadie
22nd May 2011, 12:44
If you want to work for QR just do a few years in prison as this is perfect preparation for a cabin crew role there.
Dont upset anyone there or be sacked, jailed or have your possesions 'Lost' when you leave.

If you are desperate and dont value your freedom go for it!!!

Joaquim Silva
27th May 2011, 11:47
[Text speak]

Joaquim Silva
27th May 2011, 12:24
[Text speak]

NJF
28th May 2011, 17:47
[Text speak]

sonka
30th May 2011, 11:40
I don't have a comment about this last post here....
The point is: do you think that is to crazzy all these rules they set.
Many people accepted their rules and they though they can manage that and then they saw they can't.
that is point here.

I will resign soon because I can't accept that fact that someone can control my life 24/7.

Well, take your dream but very soon Qatar Airways will became night mare...

Also, call centre agent must be well rested before work, also nurse, teacher, taxi driver, doctor.....

So no need to invent some new stupid recomendation here.

We all need rest but individually we know how much is enough for us.

Today I saw online that Vietnam police made some new rules and all policemans are in shock (hands must me outside the pockets, sunglases are not acceptable etc etc etc...)...

And I was thinking - that is and ideal workplace for ex Qatar Airways cabin crew since they are used to live and work like that.:D

MissUAE
1st Jun 2011, 17:06
Hi there guys!

QATAR returns to Spain this month and I wonder to know how were the last Open Days they have done and how many people attended.:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Thank you

Mari
1st Jun 2011, 20:00
I found a post (search option above) from a boy in May 2009. There were 400 people on his OD in Madrid and 24 made it to the Final Interview.

As the unemployment rate is sadly around 40% among the young people in Spain, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people gave it a try.

torneiro
2nd Jun 2011, 02:46
Hi everyone,

I´ve just got accepted on my final interview and now I need to proceed with the medicals.
Any tips about which form should I choose? A or B? What´s the point if one is "less painless" then the other!? It seems and I´ll assume A is easier than B!
What is really strange is, that instead of the 3 year of contract as they said, they proposed me only 1 year, and the service undertaking of that commitment is also less.. 3675QR..
Anyone knows why..!? Never happened before I guess..

Cool vibes.. nice flies ;)

PS. Anyone who was on the open of May 14th in Lisbon for Qatar Airways?

rustygirl
2nd Jun 2011, 04:09
[Text speak]

turkeyyy
2nd Jun 2011, 10:19
is qatar airways hiring male cabin crew at the moment????? ı thınk nobody knows it here

Timlim127
2nd Jun 2011, 18:44
Hey Torneiro

I am also confuse regarding the one year contract. Qatar will be coming to my city this Saturday and according to their website/ads that it will only be a 1 year contract as well. The way I see it maybe after a year they'll set you free or it can be extend further if you perform well.

Anyway, I would like to hear some advices from you on how to advance to the selection process. I understand that the CV Submission day will just pure submission and a little chit chat. What advice can you give in order to get that call/invitation for AD, and proceed all the way to FI? Thanks a lot

torneiro
2nd Jun 2011, 21:00
Turkeyy:
"I´ve just got accepted on my final interview and now I need to proceed with the medicals."

Yes.. it seems they are hiring..!!

Timlim:
For accurate tips I advise you to check other topic forums on this website, you can find a lot of stuff regarding these open/assessments/final interviews days.

Beyond being well dressed and with a smile on the face, being relaxed and confident is preponderant, after all, think this way.. you don´t have anything to lose. I just think it´s important to be active since the first day, despite the large amount of people, they are paying attention constantly! Go early and find a seat in front of the recruiters, try to participate e show some interest and motivation, I assure they will remember you, and you will make it through the next day!

On the next day, focus on the same ideas, and the way you should behave, don´t worry if the perfect answers don´t show up, they are not looking for gurus, simply try to be spontaneous, honest and cheerful, I assure they will like you even more, and you will make it through the final interview!

Final interview.. well that´s another challenge.. don´t worry, everything flows with the stream.. don´t be nervous.. do a lot of research on the internet about possible conversations, study those possible questions and practice at home without never lose your spontaneity, but most of all, go there and enjoy that moment because you´re one of the few´s that made it through the all process..!

Let me remind you about the key... CONFIDENCE is essential!

If you don´t have an acceptable level of English and you look like an ugly duck .. I don´t assure you anything..!! lol

Good luck and enjoy the experience, that´s all I have to say..!

Good vibes.. nice flies ;)

PS. Be active during the "death times" as well, you never know when they suddenly might show up, in the meantime you´re practicing/preparing your English. Deliver a clean and well organized CV.. it will be your mirror!

rustygirl
3rd Jun 2011, 00:58
hi all,
i wanna know how many people will be recruit after FI?
i was attended OD in singapore 15 till FI 17 may and 19people in that FI
because my stupid , i wrote wrong email address and my phone just gone after i back from singapore. anyone know where i should contact them? i tried sent them email but it was undeliverable because inbox full. do they will check my application in their website?can i check my status in their website?

MissUAE
3rd Jun 2011, 14:22
Nobody can tell me how are the Open Days of QATAR? :ouch:

Ladies - Knee length skirt and short sleeve blouse. Hair neatly tied back.
¿Could I wear a white shirt?

fanona
3rd Jun 2011, 21:44
wearing a white short blouse shirt with a knee length skirt is the perfect grooming for open day.

can any one know how long does it take for getting visa and ticket??

Amae
4th Jun 2011, 10:17
With the 10pm curfew rule on your days off, does this mean if you have 4 days off in a row you can't travel somewhere like Dubai for two days? Does the curfew only apply if you are in the country or does it apply on ALL of your days off meaning you can't leave the country unless on duty or on leave?

Mari
4th Jun 2011, 11:16
What do you mean?! The 10 pm curfew applies onky during training. Read through the thread carefully.

Go for an OD: they tell you about the rules there, just listen.

katarko
4th Jun 2011, 17:26
:ok:Dear all !

Just one very important information:

There is no more agreement between Qatar Airways and Emirates so current or ex Qatar Airways cabin crew can attend some Emirates Open Day any time.

:ok:

Mari
4th Jun 2011, 19:27
Yes, I heard this rumour some weeks ago.

What is your source???

How reliable is this info???

katarko
4th Jun 2011, 20:58
One recruiter from Emirates told me that. And their recruitment supervisor sent that information to all recruiters in the company so now it's official.
:ok:

Also, one person that I know received already golden call from Emirates and that person worked for QR until 03/2011 with all these details in CV.

Mari
4th Jun 2011, 21:04
Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear. Strange you mentioned it now, I just wrote to them today to get confirmation. Hopefully, I will receive the same answer.

mat2882
5th Jun 2011, 01:17
Hi guys, i am new to this forum so please kindly bear with me.
I will like to enquire if males candidates will get a smaller chance of getting to the ad than female candidates right?
Any successful male applicants able to share with me your experience in getting the attention of the recruiter whom you had submitted your cv to?

bestofsri
5th Jun 2011, 07:17
I have a mild hearing loss in my left ear since last December... will it be a problem to join with QA... ???? :(:(:(:confused::confused:

Please guys wanna your help badly.. :confused::confused:

MissUAE
5th Jun 2011, 12:40
How many people are attending the last OD's of QATAR? :rolleyes:

It seems that many Cabin Crews are fleeing... But if you left after 6 months trial, you also have to pay? How much? :confused:

Timlim127
5th Jun 2011, 17:13
Guys I just attended the QR Open Day for males only here in Manila.
Sadly I did not get the 5pm call. I don't know why or where did I go wrong.

That day was all about CV Submission and the woman just asked me if what am I currently doing.

Should I wait for 6 months before attending another OD from QR?

Mari
5th Jun 2011, 17:15
- Note that this info is from 2010 -

At the time of joining, you will be entitled to a one-time ,,Welcome Bonus,, payment of Qatari Riyals Two Thousand ( Qrs. 2,000). In the event, you are unable to complete one (1) year of service in the company, you will be required to pay back Qatar Riyals One Thousand ( Qrs. 1,000) of the said bonus.

You will be required to sign a service agreement of QR 7,350 undertaking to work with the company for a minimum period of two (2) years. A sum of QR 350 will be deducted from your salary each month, starting from the fourth month onwards for a period of twenty-one months.The total amount deducted will be refunded to you upon completion of twenty-four months of service. Should service end prior complete of twenty-four months, the money will not be refunded. The outstanding amount will be settled by you.

An accommodation deposit of QR 1500 will be required from each person in company assigned accommodation. This will be deducted from the salary in instalments of QR 100/- per month, starting from the second month onwards for 15 months; and returned at the time of leaving the Company, provided there is no loss or damage.

A two-piece set of ,Delsey, luggage is also supplied at a concessionary rate of approximately QR 465, which is deducted from the Crew member's salary in instalments of QR 100/- each month, starting from the second month's salary.

(Source: pprune)

HOW MANY PEOPLE ATTEND QATAR OPEN DAYS?

Dear MissUAE,

the number is between 30 and 500.

Why does it matter?

loloy101
5th Jun 2011, 19:41
does anyone know why Qr is changing the ff policy:
- contract from 3years to 1year
- the bond will now be returned on your 12th mon before not until 24mons of service.
pretty weird and the HR people just confirmed that if you fail grooming before the flight you will be pulled out ergo pimples on your face is a no no yet they don't have a derma available for quick relief 24/7

TIA

Mari
5th Jun 2011, 19:56
Hm, so the deductions will be higher.

mat2882
5th Jun 2011, 23:09
Timlim - Were there a lot of candidates attended the open day? They lady just asked you what are you doing and that all?

Timlim127
6th Jun 2011, 13:35
hey Mat,

well there were a lot of men but since I was there really early I was able to occupy the front seats.

Yeah she just asked me that question and confirmed my cell phone number and that's it. You'll get a call before 5pm to attend further assessment the next day. In my case I did not. :(

anad79
6th Jun 2011, 14:04
just got rejected by mail after interview with Qatar, when could i try again?? any valid info? appreciate your response and wish you luck

katarko
6th Jun 2011, 20:16
You can after 6 months.... Who was recruiter at open day in Skopje?

mat2882
6th Jun 2011, 22:18
[Text speak]

anad79
7th Jun 2011, 08:24
ladies from Malaysia and Argentina/recruiters in Skopje

mat2882
7th Jun 2011, 13:15
Hey timlim, i am sorry to know that. I attended mine in singapore on 15th may and i did not get the call as well. I guess is because i stutter and emphasize on my current job too much?

Emma Gemma
7th Jun 2011, 14:18
My understanding is that too many cabin crew are leaving which is why QR have decided to change the service undertaking. A shorter contract by deducting a higher amount of money per month and encouraging crew to stay for at least one year and re-paying the bond.

Grooming is very strict at QR and they check it before every flight. It's done usually by power mad grooming officers who will make notes about pretty much everything. I remember a grooming officer who always had a clothing brush in her hand and would make every crew member do a catwalk in the briefing room!

mat2882: I think the competition for men is a bit higher because there are fewer positions available as a result of the ratio set between female and male crew (2 to 10: 20% male and 80% female). Still, don't give up!

Marcos30
7th Jun 2011, 15:48
Hello Guys..

I am new hire for Qatar Airways and I would like to ask generally how is the social life of an average flight attendant:)

besides this 12 hour in the hotel duty, is there a real chance to observe the destinations? - the cities I am staying at?
And besides this, when back in Doha, is there a chance for social life? I mean meet the others from the crew, spent time together, have a fun or is it more strict, people rather on their own? :) Is there a chance as for a male flight attendant to go out in the city of Doha with the female flight attendant, I mean have a drink, do a sport etg?
Becouse from the manuals provided to us it seems pretty strict and can not make the picture of the real social life there..

Thank you

MissUAE
7th Jun 2011, 16:01
Congratulations guy! :8

Could you tell us how was your Open Day? (English test, group dynamic and personal interview).
How many people attended?

So nervous... :\

Capetonian
7th Jun 2011, 16:09
This is worth reading.
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/453517-no-love-doha.html

MissUAE
7th Jun 2011, 16:16
Hey guys!

There is a question about weaknesses I hate to answer in exams because I never know what to say :{, and says something like:

What negative points you have and what are you doing to improve them?

What are the atributes you must change to work in our Airline?

Any idea or advice is very welcome. :sad:

Emma Gemma
7th Jun 2011, 16:28
Nobody, but yourself, knows your weaknesses and exactly what you are trying to do to change them. You can say pretty much anything but you need to be able to demonstrate that you are actually trying to change.

Sometimes I judge people too quickly but I am aware of this problem and I have become more considerate.

That's a typical example. But, nobody can tell you what to say in an interview.

mat2882
7th Jun 2011, 23:07
Emma Gemma: Hi there! Thanks for the encouragement. But it is really hard to pass the preliminary round. Do they look into your working experience? I really hope to have 1 chance to get to the 2nd round.

Emma Gemma
8th Jun 2011, 13:22
Marcos30: QR have many layovers (pretty much everywhere except in the Gulf) so you will have lots of opportunities to explore the destinations. Social life in Doha is what you make of it. Because of the curfew on days off and that you have to be home twelve hours before a duty can make it a bit difficult but not impossible. Go out for a drink and do sports? No problems from what I have heard! Downroute it's a different and many crew do things together: shopping, partying, sightseeing and dinner.

mat2882: They do look at your work experience but only to make sure that you have some sort of customer service experience. On top of that, you need to be what they are looking for in terms of appearance, behaviour and ability to co-operate and interact with other people.

mat2882
8th Jun 2011, 13:30
Thx alot emma! Are you a crew of Qatar?