Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs

Old 15th Feb 2022, 08:08
  #2081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Blighty
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by Busdriver01 View Post
5% (more in some cases) bonus for all staff - sure that makes everyone who got the chop feel better...
I thought it was a total of 10%, or is that just for certain grades?
HOVIS is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2022, 09:09
  #2082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: N/A
Posts: 15
Cabin crew?
AdrianShaftsworthy is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2022, 16:03
  #2083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: england
Posts: 783
Sorry to repeat myself, but it does remind me of that old joke I was told 30 odd years ago upon joining BA about the company offering a 5% pay rise but BALPA was holding out for 3%.
hunterboy is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2022, 16:39
  #2084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Blighty
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by AdrianShaftsworthy View Post
Cabin crew?
I was talking to one of the engineers on the ramp, he said it was 10% spread over 9 months or something.
HOVIS is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2022, 08:35
  #2085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: london
Posts: 27
Anymore news about what's going on at BA regarding further recruitment? Rumours that there have been further heathrow courses behind the CRS. Anyone got insider information ... when will the recruitment faucet completely open?
vin2001 is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2022, 08:37
  #2086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Age: 47
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by vin2001 View Post
Anymore news about what's going on at BA regarding further recruitment? Rumours that there have been further heathrow courses behind the CRS. Anyone got insider information ... when will the recruitment faucet completely open?
With a large number of PRP pilots to return and the hold pool still to empty I wouldn't expect anything soon.
CXKA is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2022, 11:12
  #2087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 41
Of course with the COO J M removed perhaps it was the case that they now realise the restructure was over applied!
Jackjones1 is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2022, 21:13
  #2088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 29
Rumour is the a certain J M from the pink airline UK branch will be coming over to try his hardest to screw the lot of you guys in BA at LGW. I hope it's wrong but...
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2022, 09:27
  #2089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Planet no. 3
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by Potatos_69 View Post
Rumour is the a certain J M from the pink airline UK branch will be coming over to try his hardest to screw the lot of you guys in BA at LGW. I hope it's wrong but...
On the plus side, maybe pink UK gets their fixed rosters back, taken away by J M before Covid hit in the name of "efficiency"?
vlieger is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2022, 22:25
  #2090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by vlieger View Post
On the plus side, maybe pink UK gets their fixed rosters back, taken away by J M before Covid hit in the name of "efficiency"?
Only once everyone quits, but if he does come, i hope someone can find a way to get rid of him quick.
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2022, 12:30
  #2091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by CXKA View Post
With a large number of PRP pilots to return and the hold pool still to empty I wouldn't expect anything soon.
Does anyone know if BA still has the pre-covid hold pool pilots on file? Or has it expired and wonít be used?
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2022, 12:40
  #2092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 690
As far as I am aware, all CRS pilots have been given course dates and all PRP pilots have been offered short haul positions (although not all have accepted the offer).
GS-Alpha is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2022, 14:44
  #2093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Voted out
Posts: 32
Not correct. At least 40 odd PRP not offered places, if not many more. Do you work at BA?
balpalover69 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 07:24
  #2094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 690
Apologies. I was sent info about CRS and PRP together and somehow misremembered. All of the CRS have courses, and many (but not yet all) of the PRP have either Gatwick or short haul Heathrow. Hope that helps.
GS-Alpha is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 10:40
  #2095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Too far south
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Potatos_69 View Post
Does anyone know if BA still has the pre-covid hold pool pilots on file? Or has it expired and wonít be used?
The last email received for people in the hold-pool was September last year. No info/updates or hold-pool statuses.
Sawdust is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 12:33
  #2096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere in the middle
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha View Post
As far as I am aware, all CRS pilots have been given course dates and all PRP pilots have been offered short haul positions (although not all have accepted the offer).

Not quite correct - all CRS have been coursed, and a number of PRP have taken places at Gatwick, and a few at Mainline (less than 10 I'm told). All in I've heard about 60% of the PRP are back in BA in one form or another.

What is interesting is a rumour that c. 10 LH hulls are going to be delivered this autumn / winter (which were originally destined for Russia), with the corresponding demand for crews.
thetimesreader84 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 12:55
  #2097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: London
Posts: 19
What is interesting is a rumour that c. 10 LH hulls are going to be delivered this autumn / winter (which were originally destined for Russia), with the corresponding demand for crews.
Nothing would make me happier than to see the remaining PRP members return to BA long haul. That'd ruffle a few feathers!
BAreject is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 15:19
  #2098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: london
Posts: 27
Quite a few more offers for SH LHR have gone out today and more expected for LGW! PRP is slowly getting drained but no promise of any further recruitment to LHR after these courses.
vin2001 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 19:08
  #2099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by BAreject View Post
Nothing would make me happier than to see the remaining PRP members return to BA long haul. That'd ruffle a few feathers!
Whats to say they donít offer all remaining PRP SH then advertise for LH!!!
AIMINGHIGH123 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2022, 20:57
  #2100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere in the middle
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123 View Post
Whats to say they donít offer all remaining PRP SH then advertise for LH!!!
No doubt cheered on by BALPA & the usual suspects as "a great result for BA (LH) Pilots", and it'd be another slap in the face for SH. So a bolt on certainty to happen then!
thetimesreader84 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.