PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Private Flying (https://www.pprune.org/private-flying-63/)
-   -   Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads) (https://www.pprune.org/private-flying/579030-tracey-curtis-taylor-merged-threads.html)

Mike Flynn 31st Dec 2016 22:40

Terry Holloway quote

I did indeed pose the questions some time ago when I was in contact with her, but I believe she is out of the country until next spring.
By coincidence I am also outside of the UK in KL and Asia until the UK spring/April.

If anyone wants to make contact please message me via Ppprune.Modern communication is a wonderful thing for those who do not have dedicated PR resources.

Kirk seems to have mastered the art in Africa. He appears to have an interesting outreach and support team:ok:

For someone so dedicated to advancing women in aviation the least I would have expected is a response defending the mistruths and media errors.

Happy New year to all who have contributed to this interesting thread.

terry holloway 31st Dec 2016 23:50


Originally Posted by Jay Sata (Post 9626100)
Terry Holloway quote

By coincidence I am also outside of the UK in KL and Asia until the UK spring/April.

If anyone wants to make contact please message me via Ppprune.Modern communication is a wonderful thing for those who do not have dedicated PR resources.

Kirk seems to have mastered the art in Africa. He appears to have an interesting outreach and support team:ok:

For someone so dedicated to advancing women in aviation the least I would have expected is a response defending the mistruths and media errors.

Happy New year to all who have contributed to this interesting thread.

A very Happy New Year!

The Old Fat One 1st Jan 2017 09:14


I did indeed pose the questions some time ago when I was in contact with her, but I believe she is out of the country until the spring next year.
Well wherever she is she seems to have access to wikipedia and a computer terminal.



Those who speculated an award for TCT, demonstrated their complete ignorance of the Honours system, which is managed by the Honours Nomination Unit in 10 Downing Street, and no advance information is published, other than to the recipient who is asked to confirm that they will accept the award. That letter also tells them to "keep quiet" bout the award until the list is made public. It also raises a question mark over their professed knowledge of other TCT matters which THEY have published on this thread
lol...way to kick off 2017...welcome to the world's thinnest argument.

Happy New Year!

LeicesterH 1st Jan 2017 11:09

As you will see this is my 1st post (so please be gentle). As female PPL, I have been following this story with interest. It would be really helpful if someone could point me to the "video clip published earlier in this thread in which she personally makes that claim" - I HAVE tried to find it but there are 157 pages to work through. Many Thanks in advance, H

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY 1st Jan 2017 12:47

Edited clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZD6IsGmGgw

Full video from which the clips were taken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpFQmFx7u8c

Jonzarno 1st Jan 2017 14:07


Originally Posted by LeicesterH (Post 9626472)
As you will see this is my 1st post (so please be gentle). As female PPL, I have been following this story with interest. It would be really helpful if someone could point me to the "video clip published earlier in this thread in which she personally makes that claim" - I HAVE tried to find it but there are 157 pages to work through. Many Thanks in advance, H

Welcome to the forum! :)

In addition to the video clip, you may find the image in this earlier post useful:

The quote at the top is a later "clarification" from Ms Curtis-Taylor; i.e. not what she said at the time.

I hope this helps :ok:

SFCC 1st Jan 2017 16:17

Blimey. First time I've seen and heard those clips.
What an utter charlatan she is....it can't be denied or avoided.

LeicesterH 1st Jan 2017 16:48

Thanks all.

B Fraser 1st Jan 2017 18:11

Here's a link to the accident report where it was declared that Ewald logged the same flight hours on type as TCT.


https://dms.ntsb.gov/pubdms/search/d...012&mkey=93153

clunckdriver 3rd Jan 2017 13:42

I recently spent some time in a crew room unable to go anywhere due to freezing rain, there were also four other pilots "claged in" having a conversation regarding this whole fiasco, what I found interesting was the sentiments expressed by these folks, one was obviously a Brit, one Canadian and two Americans if the accents were any guide. The general consensus was that British institutions can no longer be trusted as what were once respected ethical professional organisations are now in the hands of imposters along for a free ride, so it would seem to me that the effects of such dishonesty are wide ranging, this seems like another good reason for the offenders to come clean. From my own point of view I think the senior officers who went along with this mess should be kicked out of the military, in the mean time lets all try to have a great 2017!

terry holloway 3rd Jan 2017 19:24


Originally Posted by clunckdriver (Post 9628519)
I recently spent some time in a crew room unable to go anywhere due to freezing rain, there were also four other pilots "claged in" having a conversation regarding this whole fiasco, what I found interesting was the sentiments expressed by these folks, one was obviously a Brit, one Canadian and two Americans if the accents were any guide. The general consensus was that British institutions can no longer be trusted as what were once respected ethical professional organisations are now in the hands of imposters along for a free ride, so it would seem to me that the effects of such dishonesty are wide ranging, this seems like another good reason for the offenders to come clean. From my own point of view I think the senior officers who went along with this mess should be kicked out of the military, in the mean time lets all try to have a great 2017!

That's a rather sweeping generalisation of the TCT "fiasco" as you term it. However, hopefully and presumably "the Brit" stood up for the integrity of his own service and country, as well as that of the "British institutions"? If he didn't he should be ashamed of being one of Her Majesty's representatives abroad. If they were referring to HCAP, The Air League and the Royal Aeronautical Society "he" might have pointed out that their awards were given out for a flight which was not flown solo, and which was advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit. These institutions also recognised in their awards, a great deal of outreach work and the encouragement of females into aviation. The fact that the media got it wrong and assumed that it was a solo flight, and the fact that TCT was slow in correcting those reports ( I refer only to the Australia flight for which the awards were made) cannot be used to criticise the integrity of those organisations listed. Then that's crew room banter and rumour for you.......!

piperboy84 3rd Jan 2017 19:41

TH

a great deal of outreach work and the encouragement of females into aviation.
Name one female that received something tangible from this outreach effort other than being an audience member during a talk. A scholarship, flight training, an apprenticeship, engineering mentoring, an internship, a bursary, something !

I'm sure if there was a success story PR man Kelly would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

Sam Rutherford 3rd Jan 2017 19:45

Please give any example, anywhere, of this:

"advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit"

9 lives 3rd Jan 2017 19:51


HCAP, The Air League and the Royal Aeronautical Society "he" might have pointed out that their awards were given out for a flight which was not flown solo, and which was advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit.
What reason would there be to give TCT an award for a flight in which she was one of two pilots. Was the second pilot for those flights similarly awarded? If not, why not?

I understood the promotion of TCT's flight to "honour" the similar flights of Lady Heath & Amy Johnson- which were solo flights. If a pair of pilots made TCT's flight, with a support crew and aircraft, and modern navigation, what is award worthy of that flight?

terry holloway 3rd Jan 2017 20:09


Originally Posted by Sam Rutherford (Post 9628857)
Please give any example, anywhere, of this:

"advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit"

The Herne Bay video was talking about the South Africa flight.
I was referring to the recent awards which were for the Australia fight. The media assumed it was solo, but it wasn't and from the outset that trip was not planned as a solo flight. I speak only for The Air League which awarded a framed certificate on the basis of that flight and for the reasons given. There was no misunderstanding or question in our minds about it being solo, and thus there was no deceit on TCTs part to The Air League. We also thought it was a long and gutsy flight, but I know others have differing views about whether a "dual" flight to Australia at 95Kts is that merit worthy.

Sam Rutherford 3rd Jan 2017 20:11

Hi Terry,

So, please, show me anywhere that it was:

"advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit"

I'm interested to see this...

Chris Martyr 3rd Jan 2017 20:33

Dear Oh Dear,
Looks like old 'Tel' has parked up his shovel and bought a JCB now !

piperboy84 3rd Jan 2017 21:08

Oh come on then, round 15, someone please post the pic of Mother Theresa stepping out of the Stearman in Oz holding the solo award certificate with a shit eating grin bigger than Dallas.

terry holloway 3rd Jan 2017 21:11


Originally Posted by Sam Rutherford (Post 9628876)
Hi Terry,

So, please, show me anywhere that it was:

"advertised from the outset to be a flight with someone in the other cockpit"

I'm interested to see this...

It was in her blurb for the trip and on her web site.
The Air League were very clear about the Australia trip not being solo and gave her the framed commendation on that basis. There was no deceit whatsoever. Look at the wording of the awards......!

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY 3rd Jan 2017 21:14

...and this is why the thread never gets boring.

I said before that there were lots of little threads that still required a tug to get them unravelling and this one has been niggling me for some time...

When TCT left Farnborough for Oz she was on her own;why?

Quite simply it was because ALL the media were there to see her off and explaining the second person in the aircraft would have been rather difficult at that crucial phase of the journey. A short, easy, hop across the channel to pick up her pax (out of sight of the cameras) and off THEY toddled to the southern hemisphere. The more it niggles me the more I wonder if she went Farnborough to somewhere more local to pick up her pax and then across the channel.

I would really really really like to get my hands on the GenDocs which should show who was in the aircraft and for which leg(s) of the flight TCT managed on her own (with chase plane either "chasing" or "leading").

If HCAP knew all along it was not solo how come Portsmouth Uni did not have the same information? They too amended their reasons for the award they gave once the crap started to hit the fan, not expecting an FOI request which shows they gave it for a 13,000mile solo flight. One of the early HCAP citations had Ewald as the co-pilot/engineer; how does that sit with her sole pilot claim.

Bottom line is someone has lied and awards and sponsorship have been dished out like smarties based upon these lies.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:02.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.