PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

Lepo 4th Dec 2018 07:33


Originally Posted by Serkan107 (Post 10326842)
Thanks for the answers guys ! When will qatar start the FTL? And can you get your annual leave in the summer?

Can I expect a 3 bedroom accommodation (fo married with 1 daughter)?

Do you have more than 8 days off in the monthly roster often?

FTL Starts Jan 1st 2019. Yes, you can get annual leave during summer, but you're limited to 12 days each peak period (July-Early September and December-January). You can add days off before/after those leave days.

Are you a DEC or FO? As an FO expect most likely a 2 bedroom apartment, but depending on the accomodation it can be up to 3.

For Captains you can expect 3 or more bedrooms.

Depends on the fleet and month of the year, but usually you have more than 8 days off a month.


Hi all

joining next February for the 787 fleet

As asked before I’d like to get information about this fleet
Destinations, rosters, flying time, layovers.
And what is the best accommodation having family???2 sons in my case 4&6
Any information is highly appreciated

Regards
casa212
787 current destinations are mostly to Europe, North/Central Africa and Southeast Asia. There are some roundtrips to destinations in the Middle East as well.
Expect to fly 75h-90h hours a month.
Layovers are mostly 24h, some are shorter and others longer.
Accomodation is very personal, there's no right answer for that. Best thing is to get in Doha and see for yourself what's going to work for you and family.

CASA212 4th Dec 2018 09:37

Thanks for your replies.
Appreciated.

srilion 4th Dec 2018 20:32

Joining QR
 
F/O type rated on A330 with 10k+ total hrs/ 9k heavy jet/ mostly long haul. Planning to join after seeing the latest recruitment round for the A350. Any info on current work conditions and lifestyle in Doha is much appreciated.

Aso 5th Dec 2018 07:15


Any info on current work conditions and lifestyle in Doha is much appreciated.
ehhh there is 484 pages of current info... What about reading instead of asking? :cool:

proflyer9 5th Dec 2018 09:53

Hi Guys

I have an interview slotted for the 23rd and 24th of Jan'19. Would like to know what sort of prep is required? Any websites in particular to assist the process?
??
Secondly, Have close to 7000 total time. PIC on A 320. Do they give fleet options these days, or will I be destined to fly the A 320 for a certain period? Any chance to be on the 787s ?
These queries may been answered in the past, just wanted to know what is the latest news w.r.t the above?
Thanks in advance

Cheers

JJ330 5th Dec 2018 11:22

Nothing has been changed...

Cak 5th Dec 2018 19:46


Originally Posted by proflyer9 (Post 10328365)
Hi Guys

I have an interview slotted for the 23rd and 24th of Jan'19. Would like to know what sort of prep is required? Any websites in particular to assist the process?
??
Secondly, Have close to 7000 total time. PIC on A 320. Do they give fleet options these days, or will I be destined to fly the A 320 for a certain period? Any chance to be on the 787s ?
These queries may been answered in the past, just wanted to know what is the latest news w.r.t the above?
Thanks in advance

Cheers

If you join on Airbus, you stay on Airbus types. Confirmed during the interview few weeks ago

srilion 5th Dec 2018 20:17


Originally Posted by Aso (Post 10328251)
ehhh there is 484 pages of current info... What about reading instead of asking? :cool:

Because this thread started in Feb-2007 and that’s 11yrs ago!
I’ve read the last few months’ posts and there’s no mention about the latest hiring on the 350.


jadrolinija 6th Dec 2018 23:30

First officer flying duty
 
Any informations about what does flying in QR looks like for F/O? Are limitations too much restricted (wind limitations, landing on contaminated rwy etc) or it depends about experience on type? I heard a rumor that FO are allowed only to fly in/out from DOH. Is it true? Thanks In advance!

Lepo 7th Dec 2018 05:59


Originally Posted by jadrolinija (Post 10329835)
Any informations about what does flying in QR looks like for F/O? Are limitations too much restricted (wind limitations, landing on contaminated rwy etc) or it depends about experience on type? I heard a rumor that FO are allowed only to fly in/out from DOH. Is it true? Thanks In advance!


The rumour is false. FOs can operate on almost all the destinations operated by Qatar Airways. There are a few that are Captain's only.

737driverUS 7th Dec 2018 08:07

Good day fellow aviators,

New on this forum thing and would like to get some feedback. I have been scrolling through previous posts but since its a huge forum, excuse me for asking questions you might have seen.

I am from the US and currently flying for a airline here on the Boeing 737. I am coming close to meeting the requirements of various carriers in the Middle East and Qatar is one of them for sure. I know with the pilot shortage worldwide, I can perhaps walk into a legacy airline here in the US in the future but since I hail from the sandpit originally, I would love to fly back closer to home and culture that I have my roots from, so therefore, flying for a carrier in the ME is my first priority.

I did see on the forum for Qatar that currently they are recruiting for TR Boeing First Officers, i am flying all series of the Boeing right now however bulk of my time is on the classic 737. Since they specifically stated they require NG time, can I still apply for the TR or my best bet would be just to wait for the NTR window to open and apply as a NTR candidate as I have the 1000hr jet time requirement made.

Also, how is the training structure in Qatar Airways, i have heard some stories about other carriers in the GULF so would like for someone to elaborate more on that, and secondly how to prep for their interview process and what prep programs others have used in the past.

Lastly, how is the medical process in Qatar, are they picky like they are in UAE. The reason I ask is, I had a friend of mine who went to EK and they gave him a hard time about his weight, even though he was perfectly healthy and in good shape as he worked out, they follow the BMI number more there and his BMI was high and cause of that it took him about 3 months of medical tests/screening to clear him.

Honestly i thought it was a money making spree but, yes these are some of the questions I have in mind, before I apply at Qatar. Feel free to inbox me and I look forward to all of your feedback. Good luck to all in everything they desire to do. Cheers.

-----------------------------------------
You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

jadrolinija 7th Dec 2018 08:35

That is nice to hear! Thank you for information!

FlyingOW 7th Dec 2018 10:16


Originally Posted by jadrolinija (Post 10330071)
That is nice to hear! Thank you for information!

But if the weather/conditions are marginal you wonít be a able to act as PF. Regardless of destination.

OW

jadrolinija 7th Dec 2018 10:39


Originally Posted by FlyingOW (Post 10330165)


But if the weather/conditions are marginal you wonít be a able to act as PF. Regardless of destination.

OW


Are marginal conditions too conservative? What is normal crosswind limitation for First Officers and does it change with experience? Thank you!

Che Xindamail 7th Dec 2018 12:32


Originally Posted by jadrolinija (Post 10330189)
Are marginal conditions too conservative? What is normal crosswind limitation for First Officers and does it change with experience? Thank you!

Crosswind limit is 15kt for all F/Os. No change with experience.

jadrolinija 7th Dec 2018 12:46


Originally Posted by Che Xindamail (Post 10330297)


Crosswind limit is 15kt for all F/Os. No change with experience.

Thank you!

Sandysin 7th Dec 2018 17:29

Hi friends,
Any clue on the induction front for DEC Airbus 320 qualified pilots who are in the hold pool ? Will things get moving after A 350 vacancies have come up recently with QA. I did my assessment in Sept 18' and have been in hold pool since then. Any latest info or update on this front will be highly appreciated.

737driverUS 8th Dec 2018 08:10

Appreciate it if my friends on the forum can be kind enough to share and provide feedback on the queries I made. Thank you. Good Luck to you all.

jadrolinija 8th Dec 2018 10:04

I forgot to ask, how do you manage your family and social life in Europe or other places? How often can you go to Europe if you have direct flight to your hometown? I understand this is not commuting airline with 6/4 or 20/10 roster pattern but is it realistic to expect to go for 5 days each month home?

Che Xindamail 8th Dec 2018 10:50


Originally Posted by jadrolinija (Post 10330951)
I forgot to ask, how do you manage your family and social life in Europe or other places? How often can you go to Europe if you have direct flight to your hometown? I understand this is not commuting airline with 6/4 or 20/10 roster pattern but is it realistic to expect to go for 5 days each month home?

Every pilot gets a guaranteed four days off in a row per month. You can request up to six in a row and luck will decide if you get them. If you happen to fly the aircraft type that operates to your hometown you can probably expect one or two layovers every month at home as well. Learn the tricks of the bidding system. We don’t yet fly to Split, but in your case, if you are on 320, we fly to Zagreb, Sarajevo and Belgrade. Hope that helps.


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:37.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.