Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme

Old 15th Mar 2023, 05:59
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B7789
If you guys know ;
When they say 35years old maximum, does it include 35years until the day you have 36. Or when you're 35years old it's over?
Is it just at the time you submitted your application, you will be invited for the assessment ?
I am very interested, by joining, i used to live in UAE and i'd love to go back.

I believe that you have to do the assessment before you turn 36, and if successful, they want you to start the type rating within 1 year, you could be 36 then and that’s not a problem.

ofcourse confirm with CAE first.
souabnim is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2023, 08:48
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dubai
Age: 34
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what i thought too, but i wasn't sure ! Thank you
B7789 is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2023, 14:45
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B779
Does anyone know if there is a test on ATPL theoretical knowledge for the second officer assessment?
Yes there is a 30 questions ATPL test part of the Psychometric test.
cruisepower is online now  
Old 18th Mar 2023, 12:10
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 904
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even 58 year old FO no problem , just pay dollar and you are good
pfvspnf is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2023, 16:05
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pfvspnf
Even 58 year old FO no problem , just pay dollar and you are good
Negative! They won't take above 35 if you are external and 40 if you are internal.
cruisepower is online now  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 10:43
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,
Can someone fill me up with the below
01. How is the overall TR experience?
02. FZ says no remedial, how likely is to get a remedial for an average joe?
03. Are there any specific quality FZ is looking for in the candidates?
04. What happens after the Type?
05. How was the HR interview after Type. Does it include technical and other ATP questions. Any recommendation to prepare for that?
06. When and how do they conduct the medical at FZ before joining?
*Thank You so much already*
flyhighsohigh is offline  
Old 21st May 2023, 14:54
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

does anyone have advice what is the resource to prep for Aptitude Testing (Advance Compass) and Psychometric Testing

Thanks
blue sky 1 is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2023, 23:22
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Tunisia
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by souabnim
The main requirement is to have good knowledge of the ATPL subjects, which is proven by doing the ATPL theory exams. In the past, a few years before Covid-19, those that had done the ATPL theory in their country were accepted as equivalent. Obviously those with a FAA license or from countries that don’t follow the “ATPL theory” system, had to do the GCAA ATPL exams anyways. But for some reason, now everyone has to do(or redo) it. It also brought more business to Flydubais partner Fujeirah Aviation Academy.

Also, because of my instructing experience, and meeting an exception the GCAA made, I can get a UAE GCAA license by only doing two written exams, the license is valid but still doesn’t meet Fly Dubais requirement.


I still think Flydubai is a good deal, and they probably have the best pay of a “low cost” airline.

You can consider WIZZ air AbuDhabi, they still require ATPL theory(EASA or UAE GCAA), and their pay is not that great. Maybe the only advantage is that the initial investment is lower compared to Fly Dubai.

also Air Arabia’s T3 academy has a program for getting the type rating and 750 hours on the A320 for about 155k AED. Also still requires ATPL theory from any country.


btw what was the process like for you to get the license validation? And from which license did you do that?

all the best!
is it a new program? who participated in this new program in this forum??
hassen is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2023, 07:30
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Secret
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

Anyone currently in the process or passed the assessment recently? Is the program still valid? I'm very interested to try it out, any assessment or process changed in this post?

Can I still contact [email protected] ?

Thanks a lot!
lz9497 is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 20:48
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys Anyone been trough the assesment recently? I am wondering whats the best way to prepear especially for the compass and what sort of exercises to expect (maths, Atpl, how is the seville part?) If anyone could help I would really appriciate.
Misterhey13 is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2023, 21:03
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys please could anyone tell me what is the best platform to use to prepare for the assessment day for this program thank you 😊
Sofianethepilot is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 16:31
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day everyone!

Fly Dubai introduced a new training facility called Fly Dubai Training Center. So perhaps the application is now done directly through them rather than CAE. Although I am unsure of this, if someone contacts them, please update everyone else here.

As for the preparation assessment: (Copied from my long post above)
Day 2: Compass test and Psychometric test(all done on a computer) in Emirates Airlines headquarters. CAE is owned by Emirates and they conduct the assessment, so do not go for the Fly Dubai assessment package. As per the following website, which is used for the preparation of this day ( latest pilot job- Emirates assessment
Note: with the now new FlyDubai Training Center, this might have changed.

Also, checkout the Wizz Air AbuDhabi thread on PPRUNE, I posted today a document which has good info on WIZZ Air Abu Dhabi pilot job benefits and pay scale. I think they are a better option, especially if you have over 300 IFR time and good total time.
souabnim is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2023, 16:56
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Hungary
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everybody.
There is anybody here who did ATPL exams in the UAE? If yes, how it was? Which question bank is better to practice? Database same as EASA of different? I was trying to search this info everywhere, but nothing was found.
Thanks
Voldemar787 is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2023, 03:06
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day,

The “only” UAE GCAA ATPL provider that is accessible to all and that Fly Dubai wants you to complete the ATPL theory with is Fujeirah Aviation Academy.

they charge about $5k for the Distance learning.

they use the Bristol GS CBT and question bank.

The earliest you can apply to attend the refresher groundschool is 3 months after you have finished all the lessons.

refresher ground school run Monday to Friday on the 1st week and Monday of the second week. 6 days total. I think they run this every 3-4 months.

after completing the refresher GS, you can schedule the UAE GCAA ATPL exams which are also done at Fujeirah Aviation Academy.

note the academy is in the city of Fujeirah, about up to 1.5 hours away from Dubai.

all the best!
souabnim is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2023, 22:24
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Doha
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent an email requiring information about the program to FlyDubai training academy, but unfortunately I didn’t receive any reply. Maybe they still want people to go through CAE.
Hayche08 is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 10:56
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hayche08
I sent an email requiring information about the program to FlyDubai training academy, but unfortunately I didn’t receive any reply. Maybe they still want people to go through CAE.

how long ago did you contact them?

I contacted them as well before about the ELP assessment and they got back to me after over a month I think…
souabnim is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 22:07
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Doha
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your reply that I appreciate.
I had emailed them the day I saw your reel that you posted about them opening the training center.
Hayche08 is offline  
Old 23rd Oct 2023, 15:23
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, guys! I am thinking of applying for this program, but I have a couple of questions. Hopefully, someone who already got into this program, or just someone who knows about it, could provide me with answers.
1. I have one failed checkride. Multi engine. Is this going to affect my chances of getting accepted to FlyDubai? Are there people who got accepted with a failed checkride?
2. My license is FAA. Is it difficult to pass those UAE ATPL theory exams? Is the 250-hr ground school enough to prepare for those exams? Or do I have to study more on my own? If so, can you share some sources that could help me study and pass those exams? I passed FAA ATP exam, but I believe those exams are more difficult. Any idea how many questions are there in those exams?
P.S. If you have any other advice or concerns or etc. for an FAA license holder willing to apply for this program, please, don't hesitate to share.
Thank you!
4LIFE is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2023, 03:28
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4LIFE
Hi, guys! I am thinking of applying for this program, but I have a couple of questions. Hopefully, someone who already got into this program, or just someone who knows about it, could provide me with answers.
1. I have one failed checkride. Multi engine. Is this going to affect my chances of getting accepted to FlyDubai? Are there people who got accepted with a failed checkride?
2. My license is FAA. Is it difficult to pass those UAE ATPL theory exams? Is the 250-hr ground school enough to prepare for those exams? Or do I have to study more on my own? If so, can you share some sources that could help me study and pass those exams? I passed FAA ATP exam, but I believe those exams are more difficult. Any idea how many questions are there in those exams?
P.S. If you have any other advice or concerns or etc. for an FAA license holder willing to apply for this program, please, don't hesitate to share.
Thank you!
1. Nope they don't check if you passed your check rides at the first attempt. As long as you have a valid licenses and certificates its suffice. If at any point they ask if you failed any exams or checkrides just be honest.

2. The UAE ATPL exams are similar to the EASA exams maybe little differences especially the air law and procedures exams but dont worry the flight school can help with that. Yes it is intense if you need to complete it in a very short time. You need to dedicate full time for it.

If you decide to enroll in this program my advise is dedicate your full concentration into it and be patience. It can be slow or fast depending on their training slots, its costly but worth it especially when you are released to the line as First officer. The salary and benefits are very good. Flying is crazy lots of night flights and short multiple sectors.

Another advise is visit dubai and see if it is a place you can adapt to, the downside to Dubai is the weather and cost of living but otherwise it's one of the safest place on earth and friendly people. Good luck.
cruisepower is online now  
Old 24th Oct 2023, 18:28
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
1. Nope they don't check if you passed your check rides at the first attempt. As long as you have a valid licenses and certificates its suffice. If at any point they ask if you failed any exams or checkrides just be honest.

2. The UAE ATPL exams are similar to the EASA exams maybe little differences especially the air law and procedures exams but dont worry the flight school can help with that. Yes it is intense if you need to complete it in a very short time. You need to dedicate full time for it.

If you decide to enroll in this program my advise is dedicate your full concentration into it and be patience. It can be slow or fast depending on their training slots, its costly but worth it especially when you are released to the line as First officer. The salary and benefits are very good. Flying is crazy lots of night flights and short multiple sectors.

Another advise is visit dubai and see if it is a place you can adapt to, the downside to Dubai is the weather and cost of living but otherwise it's one of the safest place on earth and friendly people. Good luck.
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it.
Did u go through this program? Can I ask message you on some other platform, please?
I've been told by CAE representative that so far there's no a deadline for applications. However, there were a lot of questions that I didn't get a direct answer to. Like, what is the timeline, are there set dates for the program start, what is the success rate of applicants, that made it to FlyDubai after this program (this one is especiallyimportant to know for me, because I'm not into gambling), what are the reasons for rejections, etc.
I would appreciate if someone could share their experience here or in DMs.
Thanks!
4LIFE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.