PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2023, 03:28
cruisepower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4LIFE
Hi, guys! I am thinking of applying for this program, but I have a couple of questions. Hopefully, someone who already got into this program, or just someone who knows about it, could provide me with answers.
1. I have one failed checkride. Multi engine. Is this going to affect my chances of getting accepted to FlyDubai? Are there people who got accepted with a failed checkride?
2. My license is FAA. Is it difficult to pass those UAE ATPL theory exams? Is the 250-hr ground school enough to prepare for those exams? Or do I have to study more on my own? If so, can you share some sources that could help me study and pass those exams? I passed FAA ATP exam, but I believe those exams are more difficult. Any idea how many questions are there in those exams?
P.S. If you have any other advice or concerns or etc. for an FAA license holder willing to apply for this program, please, don't hesitate to share.
Thank you!
1. Nope they don't check if you passed your check rides at the first attempt. As long as you have a valid licenses and certificates its suffice. If at any point they ask if you failed any exams or checkrides just be honest.

2. The UAE ATPL exams are similar to the EASA exams maybe little differences especially the air law and procedures exams but dont worry the flight school can help with that. Yes it is intense if you need to complete it in a very short time. You need to dedicate full time for it.

If you decide to enroll in this program my advise is dedicate your full concentration into it and be patience. It can be slow or fast depending on their training slots, its costly but worth it especially when you are released to the line as First officer. The salary and benefits are very good. Flying is crazy lots of night flights and short multiple sectors.

Another advise is visit dubai and see if it is a place you can adapt to, the downside to Dubai is the weather and cost of living but otherwise it's one of the safest place on earth and friendly people. Good luck.