Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Old 24th Apr 2024, 02:05
  #1241 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Asia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!
When I checked the 'View Application' section, I noticed that in the Experience sector, it only displays three companies, and the employer names are listed as 'Other Employer' instead of the actual company names. My attached CV and other documents appear normal otherwise. I've attempted several times to correct this issue without success. Could this be related to using my MacBook or Safari browser? Is it normal for such discrepancies to occur? Should I withdraw my application and reapply? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
NTR777 is offline  
Old 24th Apr 2024, 14:36
  #1242 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So everything stopped again?
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 24th Apr 2024, 20:24
  #1243 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Dalaman
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks that way.
Pienpeas is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2024, 11:03
  #1244 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Asia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pienpeas
It looks that way.
Does it look the same to you?
NTR777 is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2024, 09:16
  #1245 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyingone11
So everything stopped again?
Stopped long ago I think, I passed selection DEC 777 more or less exactly 1 year ago, not a word since. Got another gig now but success to you all!
778Skywalker is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2024, 12:37
  #1246 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do why they invite candidates for assessement?
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2024, 13:29
  #1247 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ramadan

A lot of staff had approximately 9 days off after Ramadan so there will be a delay hearing back for assessments completed in early April. Maybe another week or so before emails sent out.
Cabair351 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2024, 15:03
  #1248 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 778Skywalker
Stopped long ago I think, I passed selection DEC 777 more or less exactly 1 year ago, not a word since. Got another gig now but success to you all!

Likewise, itís been a year with not a word, just silence. Itís a shame because Iím sure we all prepared hard for the process. Best of luck to those who succeed getting that call.
Wandererswaypoint is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2024, 15:38
  #1249 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR

Has anybody actually been hired in the previous year? Seems strange that they call people for assessments and then candidates hear nothing back.
Cabair351 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 02:36
  #1250 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Mťxico
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabair351
Has anybody actually been hired in the previous year? Seems strange that they call people for assessments and then candidates hear nothing back.
Iíve been in the talent pool during 7 months, i know there are tons of people there. I really donít know if they will call us soon, later. I wish the best for everyone and I wish soon joining date.
JAFF21 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 13:14
  #1251 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current Recruitment Situation?

Any news about current recruitment situation?
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 17:37
  #1252 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Mťxico
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyingone11
Any news about current recruitment situation?
Iím in the talent pool since 7months ago.
JAFF21 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 21:05
  #1253 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: DXB
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Donít understand why it took so long to hear back from Qatar , applied last summer and already been snatched up by a competitor now
SunnyTheSemen is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 21:22
  #1254 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar

Jaff21 are you Boeing or Airbus. I heard they're hiring Boeing at the moment.
Cabair351 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2024, 21:32
  #1255 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason

Originally Posted by Raph737
Rule number one of good business practices, if you say you will do something, do it, your word must be worth something and have weight. People will respect you and your brand. I agree with you, itís not only strange though, itís a bad look in my opinion. I applied elsewhere after being left in limbo too, I have a family and wonít accept having my time being disrespected like that. My friends there told me the reason for it but I canít possibly repeat it here.
I'm intrigued now about the reason. PM?
Cabair351 is offline  
Old 1st May 2024, 00:04
  #1256 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Youwish
Posts: 47
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by
Originally Posted by [b
Raph737[/b]
Rule number one of good business practices, if you say you will do something, do it, your word must be worth something and have weight. People will respect you and your brand. I agree with you, itís not only strange though, itís a bad look in my opinion. I applied elsewhere after being left in limbo too, I have a family and wonít accept having my time being disrespected like that. My friends there told me the reason for it but I canít possibly repeat it here
why did he delete his post? One of the best since a lot of time!
Youwish is offline  
Old 1st May 2024, 14:17
  #1257 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabair351
I'm intrigued now about the reason. PM?

I am intrigued too. If you find out please PM too.
Wandererswaypoint is offline  
Old 2nd May 2024, 02:33
  #1258 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Mťxico
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabair351
Jaff21 are you Boeing or Airbus. I heard they're hiring Boeing at the moment.
A320 FO
JAFF21 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2024, 04:59
  #1259 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabair351
Jaff21 are you Boeing or Airbus. I heard they're hiring Boeing at the moment.

Iím a Boeing DEC still sitting in the pool for 1 year.
Wandererswaypoint is offline  
Old 2nd May 2024, 07:11
  #1260 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding pool

Originally Posted by Wandererswaypoint
Iím a Boeing DEC still sitting in the pool for 1 year.

Sorry Iím not into forums,just to clarifyÖ. Holding pool means you passed the whole selection but still no offer letter and joining date ? I applied few months ago for Airbus rated DEC however still says ďUnder reviewĒ
LNAV737 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.