Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Old 9th Nov 2019, 15:20
  #10081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Courchevel
Posts: 756
It's BS, as the guy above says don't believe everything you read on here of all places.
Count von Altibar is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 12:12
  #10082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 31
When you determine your flight time for application, is your line training time added to it?
avi8safely is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 02:16
  #10083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Egoli
Posts: 298
Hello all !! Just a quick question. I heard that Qatar has an attrition rate of over 30 percent. Is there any truth to that and if so why ? Thanks guys !!!!
volare_737 is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 15:40
  #10084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Hello all !! Just a quick question. I heard that Qatar has an attrition rate of over 30 percent. Is there any truth to that and if so why ? Thanks guys !!!!
Nonsense as far as Flight Deck goes... we have letís say 4000 pilots give or take. 30% would be 1333 per year = over 100 per month. There are pilots of course leaving every month for the usual reasons but nowhere near that number.

Even including the cabin crew who I suspect have a higher attrition % than pilots the number just doesnít make sense. We have well over 10,000 cabin crew... the airline would cease to operate with that quantity of people leaving.
bananaman2 is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 18:57
  #10085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mini KSA
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Hello all !! Just a quick question. I heard that Qatar has an attrition rate of over 30 percent. Is there any truth to that and if so why ? Thanks guys !!!!
The numbers are far from accurate, but they are high. If you dig for the reasons you'll find it,but not here...
Python27 is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 18:37
  #10086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 879
Applied beginning of August, interview in Doha end of September, got a yes a week later, and my contract today. Start February.

Tech questions in pilotjobsnetwork revision, do not resemble the questions we were asked. The 787 does not fly anything like a 73, look into it well beforehand.

Good luck everyone
tonker is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 19:18
  #10087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doha
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by tonker View Post
Applied beginning of August, interview in Doha end of September, got a yes a week later, and my contract today. Start February.

Tech questions in pilotjobsnetwork revision, do not resemble the questions we were asked. The 787 does not fly anything like a 73, look into it well beforehand.

Good luck everyone
Congrats. Welcome aboard Tonker!

OW
FlyingOW is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 19:53
  #10088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 879
Thanks very much
tonker is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 20:48
  #10089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by tonker View Post
Applied beginning of August, interview in Doha end of September, got a yes a week later, and my contract today. Start February.

Tech questions in pilotjobsnetwork revision, do not resemble the questions we were asked. The 787 does not fly anything like a 73, look into it well beforehand.

Good luck everyone
Hey Tonker,
Congrats,
Iím in the holding pool as well since 3 weeks (TR Boeing Fo)

Were you flying 737ís before?
Which fleet did they offer to you?

aleandrodc is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 02:14
  #10090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by tonker View Post
Applied beginning of August, interview in Doha end of September, got a yes a week later, and my contract today. Start February.

Tech questions in pilotjobsnetwork revision, do not resemble the questions we were asked. The 787 does not fly anything like a 73, look into it well beforehand.

Good luck everyone

Are you joining for the left or right hand seat.
And I assume you are a 737 to 787 transition is that correct.
Cheers
NoodleDriver is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 14:06
  #10091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 31
Tonker, aleandrodc

sent you pm. Please check your inbox. Thanks.
avi8safely is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 16:15
  #10092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by avi8safely View Post
Tonker, aleandrodc

sent you pm. Please check your inbox. Thanks.
congratulations Dear Tonker.Request position you applied for.

=================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.
Capt737787 is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 17:30
  #10093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 879
Boeing type rated FO
tonker is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 09:29
  #10094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4
Hi there.

On my current Class 1 medical, I have 3 limitations.
OML, SSL and SIC.

The OML is because Iíve had an eye condition which I was grounded for while it lasted. And then I got the SIC which basically means, that I have to get regular checks in my eye, as it might return quite suddenly. After the checks, I must report to my AME and licensing authority.

Would you think, that Qatar would reject my application or would they accept these limitations, as they are just precautionary and just states that I have to undergo regular checks with a specialist?
pilotmorten is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 14:25
  #10095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Egoli
Posts: 298
Hi there. Should anybody have any info on the online tests - Inductive Reasoning and Critical Thinking - any pointers would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
volare_737 is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 19:57
  #10096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Hi there. Should anybody have any info on the online tests - Inductive Reasoning and Critical Thinking - any pointers would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
Ciao Volare,

I suggest to have a look to LatestPilotJob to practice with those online tests, I found it very handy.
aleandrodc is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 08:40
  #10097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BR
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by pilotmorten View Post
Hi there.

On my current Class 1 medical, I have 3 limitations.
OML, SSL and SIC.

The OML is because Iíve had an eye condition which I was grounded for while it lasted. And then I got the SIC which basically means, that I have to get regular checks in my eye, as it might return quite suddenly. After the checks, I must report to my AME and licensing authority.

Would you think, that Qatar would reject my application or would they accept these limitations, as they are just precautionary and just states that I have to undergo regular checks with a specialist?
If you have the chance go to Dr Orton at Aviation Medica Stansted. He's authorized by the QCAA to conduct initial/renewal of class 1 medical. He'll be able to clarify all that for you.
Lepo is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 09:43
  #10098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
If you have the chance go to Dr Orton at Aviation Medica Stansted. He's authorized by the QCAA to conduct initial/renewal of class 1 medical. He'll be able to clarify all that for you.
So I might be able to get the QCAA Class 1 medical, but would Qatar Airways reject my application with them, as I have the limitations?
pilotmorten is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 03:25
  #10099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chennai
Posts: 1
Hi guys, I was unsuccessful with Qatar the first time, and now that my 6 months has passed, I’m still unable to reapply. Tried mailing the cazar support team, but haven’t yet received a reply from them. I had earlier read in the forum that you might need to create a new mail I’d and then reapply. Any info on this will be highly appreciated. Cheers and happy landings.
mohamed khwaja is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 01:49
  #10100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 879
I had the same, and was advised by them to really using a different username and email. Basically start afresh.
tonker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.