Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Old 21st Nov 2019, 14:25
  #10061 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Egoli
Posts: 319
Hi there. Should anybody have any info on the online tests - Inductive Reasoning and Critical Thinking - any pointers would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
volare_737 is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 19:57
  #10062 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Hi there. Should anybody have any info on the online tests - Inductive Reasoning and Critical Thinking - any pointers would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
Ciao Volare,

I suggest to have a look to LatestPilotJob to practice with those online tests, I found it very handy.
aleandrodc is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 08:40
  #10063 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BR
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by pilotmorten View Post
Hi there.

On my current Class 1 medical, I have 3 limitations.
OML, SSL and SIC.

The OML is because Ive had an eye condition which I was grounded for while it lasted. And then I got the SIC which basically means, that I have to get regular checks in my eye, as it might return quite suddenly. After the checks, I must report to my AME and licensing authority.

Would you think, that Qatar would reject my application or would they accept these limitations, as they are just precautionary and just states that I have to undergo regular checks with a specialist?
If you have the chance go to Dr Orton at Aviation Medica Stansted. He's authorized by the QCAA to conduct initial/renewal of class 1 medical. He'll be able to clarify all that for you.
Lepo is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 09:43
  #10064 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
If you have the chance go to Dr Orton at Aviation Medica Stansted. He's authorized by the QCAA to conduct initial/renewal of class 1 medical. He'll be able to clarify all that for you.
So I might be able to get the QCAA Class 1 medical, but would Qatar Airways reject my application with them, as I have the limitations?
pilotmorten is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 03:25
  #10065 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chennai
Posts: 1
Hi guys, I was unsuccessful with Qatar the first time, and now that my 6 months has passed, I’m still unable to reapply. Tried mailing the cazar support team, but haven’t yet received a reply from them. I had earlier read in the forum that you might need to create a new mail I’d and then reapply. Any info on this will be highly appreciated. Cheers and happy landings.
mohamed khwaja is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 01:49
  #10066 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 890
I had the same, and was advised by them to really using a different username and email. Basically start afresh.
tonker is offline  
Old 10th Dec 2019, 07:19
  #10067 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: usa
Posts: 13
Hi fellow aviators,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Qatar Airways position of the Type Rated Boeing First Officer which is currently open. I am from the USA and I hold a FAA ATPL and have a current and valid B737 type rating and its the aircraft which I am flying as well for my company. However, I fly both the Boeing 737 classic and the NG aircraft as my company operates the 737 fleet of 300series/400series/NG. My total time on the 737 itself is over 1000+ both classic and NG combined. I was reading the min requirements for the Type Rated Boeing First Officer states that you must be currently flying the NG series and/or EFIS version of the 737. The classics in our fleet are all EFIS screens, so before I apply, i want to make sure that since I am current and flying on both EFIS 737 classics and NG series, i am eligible to apply. Because in one of the previous posts on this forum i was reading that Qatar doesnt accept classic time unless its for the NTR position. So I dont want to apply and get a rejection and not be eligible for six months. My second question is, what is the latest interview prep gouge out there, I have been seeing latest pilot jobs.com but would appreciate any input on that. Please feel free to post here or pm me, I will certainly appreciate it. Best Regards and good luck to all that are applying .
737driverUS is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 13:07
  #10068 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 26
DEC BOEING

Good afternoon folks, any news about Boeing DEC.??
Regards
Alfredol is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 13:48
  #10069 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sao Paulo
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by Alfredol View Post
Good afternoon folks, any news about Boeing DEC.??
Regards
Or any news for those in the pool for Airbus FO. Swimming since October
incspeed is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 17:02
  #10070 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by 737driverUS View Post
Hi fellow aviators,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Qatar Airways position of the Type Rated Boeing First Officer which is currently open. I am from the USA and I hold a FAA ATPL and have a current and valid B737 type rating and its the aircraft which I am flying as well for my company. However, I fly both the Boeing 737 classic and the NG aircraft as my company operates the 737 fleet of 300series/400series/NG. My total time on the 737 itself is over 1000+ both classic and NG combined. I was reading the min requirements for the Type Rated Boeing First Officer states that you must be currently flying the NG series and/or EFIS version of the 737. The classics in our fleet are all EFIS screens, so before I apply, i want to make sure that since I am current and flying on both EFIS 737 classics and NG series, i am eligible to apply. Because in one of the previous posts on this forum i was reading that Qatar doesnt accept classic time unless its for the NTR position. So I dont want to apply and get a rejection and not be eligible for six months. My second question is, what is the latest interview prep gouge out there, I have been seeing latest pilot jobs.com but would appreciate any input on that. Please feel free to post here or pm me, I will certainly appreciate it. Best Regards and good luck to all that are applying .
I am also in the US, I would apply if I was you, Qatar and Emirates are looking if you are interested in wide body, also Flydubai would be an option for you.
you work for your money but you are compensated pretty good, the 2 big ones give you accommodation as you already know.
Looks you I am on the same boat you are... Unless you belong to the Luck sperm club to e picked by a legacy here in the US, in my opinion you are better off overseas and you can save some money if you play the cards right.
A320 CURSED is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 05:42
  #10071 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: usa
Posts: 13
I believe we are. I have put my dues in with the regionals here in the US, and im just done and dusted with the hiring system here. I mean I am not saying hire me as everyone is qualified in their own capacity, but some of the people getting hired in the US majors, dont even deserve to be in a cockpit. And yet the ones that do, are waiting for years. Thats why I have shifted my focus to the Gulf carriers and yes your right, saving money and building for the future is the way to go and that can happen only in the overseas expat route.
737driverUS is offline  
Old 13th Dec 2019, 13:32
  #10072 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Centre of Universe
Posts: 315
I see Qatar are flying over Syria any thoughts
Twiglet1 is offline  
Old 13th Dec 2019, 13:46
  #10073 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mini KSA
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by Twiglet1 View Post
I see Qatar are flying over Syria any thoughts
Moneytalks.com

What about flying to "The Mog" where no civilised country goes to...?
Python27 is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 06:31
  #10074 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by 737driverUS View Post
Hi fellow aviators,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Qatar Airways position of the Type Rated Boeing First Officer which is currently open. I am from the USA and I hold a FAA ATPL and have a current and valid B737 type rating and its the aircraft which I am flying as well for my company. However, I fly both the Boeing 737 classic and the NG aircraft as my company operates the 737 fleet of 300series/400series/NG. My total time on the 737 itself is over 1000+ both classic and NG combined. I was reading the min requirements for the Type Rated Boeing First Officer states that you must be currently flying the NG series and/or EFIS version of the 737. The classics in our fleet are all EFIS screens, so before I apply, i want to make sure that since I am current and flying on both EFIS 737 classics and NG series, i am eligible to apply. Because in one of the previous posts on this forum i was reading that Qatar doesnt accept classic time unless its for the NTR position. So I dont want to apply and get a rejection and not be eligible for six months. My second question is, what is the latest interview prep gouge out there, I have been seeing latest pilot jobs.com but would appreciate any input on that. Please feel free to post here or pm me, I will certainly appreciate it. Best Regards and good luck to all that are applying .
I am current B737 UBer driver. I am applied to Qatar. I got a reply they want you as long you are current. They are looking for. Non typed and typed on b777 and b787 only. Typed on the b737 is not typed. You be under Non typed.

Don't worry just apply its free, put in your documents, let the recruitment ladies do there job. If you fit the requirements you be selected for interview. If you fail you can apply again in 6mths. You will always get a reply if you qualify or not.
​​​​Because there is a BIG LIST of toys of B787 and B777 on order,

Its a good package for single and married people. Schooling, house, pension etc included.

hardest is the interview tech quizz. Its not FAA questions. More of. EASA type. Start with latest pilot job website where you can purchase a package of the interview gouge.

There is interview in Miami. But I heard they stop interview until next March.

or there Emirates. There a lot spaces because pilotsare leaving Emirates and fly Dubai due to the intense roster.
just apply better than Swift..

Last edited by jetjockey696; 14th Dec 2019 at 06:44.
jetjockey696 is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 07:58
  #10075 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 2
Hi colleagues,

currently, Im an FO with Lufthansa, A320. As command upgrade will be far away, lets say 12-15 years due to seniority, Im considering QR. Heard good and bad about it. Im wondering how long it takes right now for upgrade - still 4/5 years? Any impact due to the blockade in the gulf? How about your wife - is it easy for her to work or will she be bored very soon in the sandpit?

thanks for your replies
EDDFdominik is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 07:57
  #10076 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mountain View
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by jetjockey696 View Post
I am current B737 UBer driver. I am applied to Qatar. I got a reply they want you as long you are current. They are looking for. Non typed and typed on b777 and b787 only. Typed on the b737 is not typed. You be under Non typed.

Don't worry just apply its free, put in your documents, let the recruitment ladies do there job. If you fit the requirements you be selected for interview. If you fail you can apply again in 6mths. You will always get a reply if you qualify or not.
​​​​Because there is a BIG LIST of toys of B787 and B777 on order,

Its a good package for single and married people. Schooling, house, pension etc included.

hardest is the interview tech quizz. Its not FAA questions. More of. EASA type. Start with latest pilot job website where you can purchase a package of the interview gouge.

There is interview in Miami. But I heard they stop interview until next March.

or there Emirates. There a lot spaces because pilotsare leaving Emirates and fly Dubai due to the intense roster.
just apply better than Swift..
QR does not offer any form of pension, only end of service. Pension obligations are all on you.
WrldWide is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 11:56
  #10077 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Europe
Posts: 7
Hi guys.

Any news for those in the pool for Airbus DEC? I am swimming since April '19. I am losing my hope slowly.
GearUpa is offline  
Old 21st Dec 2019, 23:40
  #10078 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: world
Age: 51
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by EDDFdominik View Post
Hi colleagues,

currently, I‘m an FO with Lufthansa, A320. As command upgrade will be far away, let’s say 12-15 years due to seniority, I‘m considering QR. Heard good and bad about it. I‘m wondering how long it takes right now for upgrade - still 4/5 years? Any impact due to the blockade in the gulf? How about your wife - is it easy for her to work or will she be bored very soon in the sandpit?

thanks for your replies
Piece of unsolicited advice incoming: I wouldn't leave a long term career in a flag carrier like DLH for any ME carrier. If you told me you are Ryanair or some other toxic psuedo-airline then it'd be the completely opposite story. Aside from that: command is really overrated, if that's your main reason.
eduelp is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 13:31
  #10079 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: India
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by GearUpa View Post
Hi guys.

Any news for those in the pool for Airbus DEC? I am swimming since April '19. I am losing my hope slowly.
I have been swiming since September '18. Things should get better now hopefully.
Sandysin is offline  
Old 23rd Dec 2019, 15:19
  #10080 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CANADA
Posts: 4
Has anyone been offered DOJ for FO boeing TR recently ?? Date interview completed
Pilot_S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.