Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Freight Dogs
Reload this Page >

Cargolux details requested!

Freight Dogs Finally a forum for those midnight prowler types who utilise the unglamorous parts of airports that many of us never get to see. Freight Dogs is for pilots and crew who operate mostly without SLF.

Cargolux details requested!

Old 31st Mar 2023, 02:37
  #1621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: TLL
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! I can confirm, after talking with Cargolux representatives at Pilot Expo, that hiring can be expected probably soonest end of this year, beginning next year. One of the reason is delay in production of their 777s.
sf34driver is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 09:11
  #1622 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: LIS
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sf34driver
Hello! I can confirm, after talking with Cargolux representatives at Pilot Expo, that hiring can be expected probably soonest end of this year, beginning next year. One of the reason is delay in production of their 777s.
Thank you for sharing the information.
Were you able to get any sort of details of what will they be looking for (type ratings, minimum hours…) and how many pilots will they be looking to hire? I was not able to go to Pilot expo this year unfortunately, so would really appreciate the information.
I have ATPL, over 3000htt, almost all in Airbus (so no Boeing rating here), and above 1500h on heavy aircraft
FromOPO is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 11:42
  #1623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: TLL
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromOPO
Thank you for sharing the information.
Were you able to get any sort of details of what will they be looking for (type ratings, minimum hours…) and how many pilots will they be looking to hire? I was not able to go to Pilot expo this year unfortunately, so would really appreciate the information.
I have ATPL, over 3000htt, almost all in Airbus (so no Boeing rating here), and above 1500h on heavy aircraft
I'm not sure about the number of pilots but they will be looking from 1500hrs, NTR. I have a brochure I can send once I will get back home next week. PM me if interested.
sf34driver is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2023, 16:30
  #1624 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: LIS
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sf34driver
I'm not sure about the number of pilots but they will be looking from 1500hrs, NTR. I have a brochure I can send once I will get back home next week. PM me if interested.
I tried to send PM, don’t know if you were able to read it, but when you replied back I got a notification that my inbox is full, although I don’t have any messages there. Does anybody here got the same issue that could give a solution for it? Thank you
FromOPO is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2023, 22:06
  #1625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Netherlands
Age: 53
Posts: 3,062
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You need 10 post to be allowed PM rights.
Self loading bear is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 20:45
  #1626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Mexico
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All, I would like some latest guidance on the selection day for CargoLux? The type of attitude testing used? What aptitude testing programme would recommend to practice? What’s the outline of the day? Any tips for the simulator assessment ? What does the company medical consist of? Thanks in advanced,
Flyingmexicansaucer is offline  
Old 6th May 2023, 00:23
  #1627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: behind the moon
Posts: 82
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
🧐

Originally Posted by Flyingmexicansaucer
Hello All, I would like some latest guidance on the selection day for CargoLux? The type of attitude testing used? What aptitude testing programme would recommend to practice? What’s the outline of the day? Any tips for the simulator assessment ? What does the company medical consist of? Thanks in advanced,
The medical is EASA standard medical with an additional drug/alcohol test.
Testing is straight forward and tailored to your age. You will get test exaples which you have to practice at least 10 times before approved for the test.
SIM is all raw data manual flying. Old school with holdings, interceptions, ILS, windshear.
However most important is an EASA licemce with the right to live and work in the EU.
I see your location is Mexico.
Good luck when they start hiring again.
HURZ is offline  
Old 6th May 2023, 18:54
  #1628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Mexico
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
Flyingmexicansaucer is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 02:11
  #1629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bonvoy Marriott
Posts: 407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay strong stay united!

Hang in there guys👍👍👍
SaulGoodman is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.