Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Flexjet Europe starts up

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Flexjet Europe starts up

Old 3rd Apr 2020, 19:03
  #241 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up north
Posts: 1,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew already hired and working for Flex have been put on furlough and been told plan is to start up, as per plan for this year, during 2021.

CP
CaptainProp is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2020, 20:49
  #242 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody , Please , Do not mix up strategy and tactic ....Strategy is a long term vision while tactic is a short term action , sometimes with a mid term vision .With a good strategy you win the war and with good tactics you win battles ...
Sometimes a short retreat will help you to reach a target and to win eventually a battle.
So , letís keep a positive attitude , behind the hurricane I see blue sky...Good luck to everybody and see you soon back in the sky....
jetexpat is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2020, 11:33
  #243 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South of the North pole
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are still up and running but with 2 planes I believe and a handful of pilots. Yes COVID-19 has harmed everybody but it is unlikely this company was going to survive after what I have seen. The day to day policies and decisions made were not very good at all. If they are here in a year still I will be amazed...

Last edited by Daddy Fantastic; 16th Apr 2020 at 13:00.
Daddy Fantastic is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2020, 12:06
  #244 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 783
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully not just another short lived entry attempt.. All over again.
Klimax is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2020, 08:48
  #245 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: chances are, not at home
Posts: 334
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fantastic View Post
They are still up and running but with 2 planes I believe and a handful of pilots. Yes COVID-19 has harmed everybody but it is unlikely this company was going to survive after what I have seen. The day to day policies and decisions made were not very good at all. If they are here in a year still I will be amazed...
IMO FJ chose the wrong AOC to use as a European launch springboard.
Joe le Taxi is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2020, 16:49
  #246 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK. East Mids.
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost took a position with them, but elected to stay with my current operation... Glad about that decision now by the sounds of it.
Tray Surfer is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2020, 18:35
  #247 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Springfield
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most people with offers failed to get a contract
Oh gaim is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2020, 18:57
  #248 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 620
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, FlexJet were 2 years too late to enter the European market! You need to change job when the market starts opening up - otherwise you might be at the end of the queue when times get rough, like now. For all the employees of FlexJet I hope that the company will make it through these hard times.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2020, 13:16
  #249 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: the dark side
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest CAA registration data on G-INFO shows that EMB135 Legacy G-KRFX was registered to Flexjet on 10th June 2020
horatio_b is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2020, 19:51
  #250 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 783
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by horatio_b View Post
Latest CAA registration data on G-INFO shows that EMB135 Legacy G-KRFX was registered to Flexjet on 10th June 2020
Well, what a great, giant step towards becoming a major player.
Klimax is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 08:27
  #251 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news on the company? Last I've read is that the European expansion is postponed for spring 2021, but that's all. I also see that Learjet 75 has been removed from their fleet list on their website, so I guess it's not an option anymore?
191sos is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2021, 20:25
  #252 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Italy
Age: 44
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlexJet 2021

Any news on the new setup? Pilots needed?
aerozac is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2021, 18:29
  #253 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 783
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerozac View Post
Any news on the new setup? Pilots needed?
It's all such an awesome project that - it remains top secret. Only the geniuses behind the plan knows its details.....
Klimax is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2021, 16:22
  #254 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: *
Posts: 33
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear Italian pilots (ex Sirio) are first in line.
wondering is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2021, 07:30
  #255 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wondering View Post
I hear Italian pilots (ex Sirio) are first in line.
They are all already on line
McDoo is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 21:13
  #256 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Limbo
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys can I please bump this thread as it seems FJ are now actively recruiting.

If anybody has ANY info I would appreciate it but specifically I am interested in the followingÖ

1) how do bases and rosters work? As in if based in Manchester do you start a week long rotation from there and be back after a week or whatever? I know that there is a large element Flexibility (pardon the intentional pun) involved but just looking for a rough idea!
2) I am currently left seat and although happy to move to the right, any inclination regarding upgrade would be helpful. Hey sure donít we all love a good game of musical chairs now and then 😄
3) anybody have an inside scoop regarding assessment and selection? Not the sharpest box in the tool myself but I got this far so whatís to say I canít fool em again.
3) Lastly, the root of all evil, anyone have any idea of how many fun coopons one could expect each or any month?

Thanks and stay Safe
Oblivion67 is offline  
Old 27th May 2022, 10:26
  #257 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oblivion67 View Post
Guys can I please bump this thread as it seems FJ are now actively recruiting.

If anybody has ANY info I would appreciate it but specifically I am interested in the followingÖ

1) how do bases and rosters work? As in if based in Manchester do you start a week long rotation from there and be back after a week or whatever? I know that there is a large element Flexibility (pardon the intentional pun) involved but just looking for a rough idea!
2) I am currently left seat and although happy to move to the right, any inclination regarding upgrade would be helpful. Hey sure donít we all love a good game of musical chairs now and then 😄
3) anybody have an inside scoop regarding assessment and selection? Not the sharpest box in the tool myself but I got this far so whatís to say I canít fool em again.
3) Lastly, the root of all evil, anyone have any idea of how many fun coopons one could expect each or any month?

Thanks and stay Safe
1) The rotation is either 6 days on/ 5 days off or 5/4, not sure. You would fly out of Manchester the first day (airlining) and end up back there in the afternoon/evening of the last day.
2) Sorry, no idea.
3) It was (is?) a phone interview first, focused on who you are and why you want to join, maybe some customer service oriented questions. A friendly chat. Then a one day assessment, with a face to face interview and the sim. It's more about them understanding if you would fit in and be able to cope with the daily operation. TAAT and WWYD questions, and a few technical as well.
4) Someone had posted a table with the salaries a couple of years ago (it was removed later) and it was pretty good but I don't remember the exact figures now. Sorry.
191sos is offline  
Old 27th May 2022, 13:29
  #258 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 191sos View Post
1) The rotation is either 6 days on/ 5 days off or 5/4, not sure. You would fly out of Manchester the first day (airlining) and end up back there in the afternoon/evening of the last day.
2) Sorry, no idea.
3) It was (is?) a phone interview first, focused on who you are and why you want to join, maybe some customer service oriented questions. A friendly chat. Then a one day assessment, with a face to face interview and the sim. It's more about them understanding if you would fit in and be able to cope with the daily operation. TAAT and WWYD questions, and a few technical as well.
4) Someone had posted a table with the salaries a couple of years ago (it was removed later) and it was pretty good but I don't remember the exact figures now. Sorry.
A friend of mine had an interview with them less than 12 months ago and I'm pretty sure at the time the roster/schedule was 6/4. If it's now really 6/5 (or 5/4) then that would be a significant improvement and on par with NetJets Europe.
733driver is online now  
Old 27th May 2022, 16:22
  #259 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 733driver View Post
A friend of mine had an interview with them less than 12 months ago and I'm pretty sure at the time the roster/schedule was 6/4. If it's now really 6/5 (or 5/4) then that would be a significant improvement and on par with NetJets Europe.
You're right, I confused them with Netjets that is 6/5. Flexjet roster was either 6/4 or 7/5.
191sos is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2022, 16:57
  #260 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello folks,
Did anyone receive any feedback from the last / current round of recruitment ?
Phalare is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.