Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Flexjet Europe starts up

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Flexjet Europe starts up

Old 26th Feb 2020, 15:56
  #221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: London
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they want to compete with Netjets in Europe they should first offer a good product (The Nextant is not what the European average customer wants) and they should treat their employees so that they can make a difference (I am sorry but if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and it's not only about money, it's also about hiring above standard people and give them good working conditions)
BizzjetDriver is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 18:39
  #222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Europe mainly
Posts: 89
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A shame. But like JetRepublic and a gazillion others... A fail before started....

I still want to see some competition for NetJets
Delta12 is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 19:09
  #223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 633
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the salary tables that had been posted here a few weeks ago did not look that bad? Unfortunately the poster removed or had to remove them again on order by Flexjet. No idea what they want to hide. And you know what, even I want to see good competition for NetJets Europe, because it will trigger movement, that's a good thing.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2020, 07:29
  #224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BizzjetDriver
If they want to compete with Netjets in Europe they should first offer a good product (The Nextant is not what the European average customer wants) and they should treat their employees so that they can make a difference (I am sorry but if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and it's not only about money, it's also about hiring above standard people and give them good working conditions)
The Nextants are being retired and replaced by LR75s as we speak.
Salaries and bonuses are excellent
Employees are treated very well indeed
Roster is 7 on 5 off which is hugely popular
The reason recruitment has temporarily slowed is because all the Nextant crews have to transition to new types this year.
Definitely no monkeys employed 😉

Last edited by McDoo; 28th Feb 2020 at 09:09.
McDoo is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2020, 09:53
  #225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 633
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But you guys got an ugly uniform, hope you will also transition to something smarter.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2020, 15:02
  #226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But is a reply to an application asking too much? Or to an email for that matter? My friend who applied heard nothing. I even know someone high up on the inside and followed up with an email for him. No response. Disappointing.
733driver is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2020, 18:38
  #227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 633
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, surely not the most professional way of communicating by them. Maybe they are understaffed due to cost-saving reasons. And Lear 75s coming to Europe, really?
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2020, 09:25
  #228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: UK
Posts: 2,147
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 733driver
But is a reply to an application asking too much? Or to an email for that matter? My friend who applied heard nothing. I even know someone high up on the inside and followed up with an email for him. No response. Disappointing.
It is disappointing, but I can imagine how it happens.

Airlines and aircraft operators receive hundreds, thousands of pilot applications. Imagine trawling through an inbox with 100's or 1000's of applications. Or opening that many letters. If I had to do it, it would take me hours - probably days. Best you can hope for is a generic "no thank you" cut and pasted to all.

You need three things to become a commercial pilot: Money. Ability. Luck.

Don't be offended; keep trying and be lucky
Uplinker is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2020, 10:01
  #229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: chances are, not at home
Posts: 334
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts!
and Lear 75s coming to Europe, really?
there are several Lear 75s in Europe already, but on past form and given the covid19 knock on effects, I really wouldn't believe that until they are sitting on the ramp with G- on the tail, and more likely the whole thing will fizzle out like previously.
Joe le Taxi is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2020, 16:24
  #230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
It is disappointing, but I can imagine how it happens.

Airlines and aircraft operators receive hundreds, thousands of pilot applications. Imagine trawling through an inbox with 100's or 1000's of applications. Or opening that many letters. If I had to do it, it would take me hours - probably days. Best you can hope for is a generic "no thank you" cut and pasted to all.

You need three things to become a commercial pilot: Money. Ability. Luck.

Don't be offended; keep trying and be lucky
Thanks for the wishes of good luck. But I think you may have misunderstood: Both my friend and I have been professional pilots for a long time. He applied for a job there, after(!) I had been in contact with someone I know who is high up the FlexJet Europe management chain. I was told: Yes, tell your friend to apply and follow up with an email. We did just that. He applied online and I followed up by email as agreed, and again a couple of weeks later when I hadn't heard anything back. Still haven't heard anything since.
733driver is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2020, 21:56
  #231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 733driver
Thanks for the wishes of good luck. But I think you may have misunderstood: Both my friend and I have been professional pilots for a long time. He applied for a job there, after(!) I had been in contact with someone I know who is high up the FlexJet Europe management chain. I was told: Yes, tell your friend to apply and follow up with an email. We did just that. He applied online and I followed up by email as agreed, and again a couple of weeks later when I hadn't heard anything back. Still haven't heard anything since.
Read my previous post.
McDoo is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2020, 08:46
  #232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Came with the wind and left with the wind
Klimax is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 08:09
  #233 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: London
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McDoo
The Nextants are being retired and replaced by LR75s as we speak.
Salaries and bonuses are excellent
Employees are treated very well indeed
Roster is 7 on 5 off which is hugely popular
The reason recruitment has temporarily slowed is because all the Nextant crews have to transition to new types this year.
Definitely no monkeys employed 😉
I hope so, it would be nice to see Flexjet operating in Europe in order to add a new competitor, especially one with their know-how from the US. The Lear75 looks a much better product than the Nextant. However, sooner better than later, they should add sthg bigger. I donít see the Lear75 flying much in the Russian market...

Regarding the monkeys, donít get it as an insult to Flexjet employees, not my intention. I am pretty sure they are good professionals but definitely it is a rule of market, if you want to attract the best customers, you also have to attract the best employees and pay them accordingly. And as I said, it is not only about money, (there are plenty of other benefits that count such as a good medical insurance, proper LoL insurance, pension plan, travel in business class if positioning flight is longer than 6h, etc, etc that as a example, NJE gives to their employees) and last but not least, it is also about how they take care of people. Just a reply or an acknowledge to a message doesnít take that much time, makes a difference and it is just as basic as respect. What are these guys not replied at all gonna think about Flexjet?

All my best wishes for them, the more competition is added, the better conditions will be offered in the end for our industry. I am too old and it is sad to see how hiring conditions and respect to employees have changed in the last 20 years.
BizzjetDriver is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 05:59
  #234 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BizzjetDriver
I hope so, it would be nice to see Flexjet operating in Europe in order to add a new competitor, especially one with their know-how from the US. The Lear75 looks a much better product than the Nextant. However, sooner better than later, they should add sthg bigger. I donít see the Lear75 flying much in the Russian market...

Regarding the monkeys, donít get it as an insult to Flexjet employees, not my intention. I am pretty sure they are good professionals but definitely it is a rule of market, if you want to attract the best customers, you also have to attract the best employees and pay them accordingly. And as I said, it is not only about money, (there are plenty of other benefits that count such as a good medical insurance, proper LoL insurance, pension plan, travel in business class if positioning flight is longer than 6h, etc, etc that as a example, NJE gives to their employees) and last but not least, it is also about how they take care of people. Just a reply or an acknowledge to a message doesnít take that much time, makes a difference and it is just as basic as respect. What are these guys not replied at all gonna think about Flexjet?

All my best wishes for them, the more competition is added, the better conditions will be offered in the end for our industry. I am too old and it is sad to see how hiring conditions and respect to employees have changed in the last 20 years.
All correct.
Klimax is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2020, 16:14
  #235 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: moon
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a pilot was asked to postpone entry in FJ from March to November 2020
bouphi is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2020, 22:40
  #236 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Springfield
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thatís shitty
Oh gaim is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 08:43
  #237 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Riviera
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard they actually might have cancelled the whole thing, offices closed etc.. positions are no longer listed on their website. Can anyone confirm?
Preacher_Av is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 03:45
  #238 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Preacher_Av
Heard they actually might have cancelled the whole thing, offices closed etc.. positions are no longer listed on their website. Can anyone confirm?
The European section of their website is still there though. As for the positions, I don't think there are many companies on the planet recruiting right now, so not a big surprise those are not listed anymore.
191sos is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 09:20
  #239 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business is definitely still running.
Jaydee27 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 16:09
  #240 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In an ever changing place
Posts: 1,038
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend due to start with Flexjet in July/August has been advised by them that his contract will be cancelled, that was for the European operation.
Above The Clouds is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.