Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 7th Feb 2022, 09:12
  #9541 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,285
Received 348 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Well I think you’re off the mark. MM saying just now there is no date, re affirming deaths are out of control referencing QLD. WA is to remain closed without a date in sight. Not even committing to a vaccination number.
The new reduced isolation and close contact protocols were announced 10 days ago. Back then MM was saying they would only be implemented in a “very high” caseload environment.

There were 9 local cases that day, 22 the next. Today there were 26. Hardly the definition of “very high”, yet here we are.

My point being his language changes when it needs to, often on the day. The announcement of the “very high caseload environment” today was a surprise to me, I thought this step was going to come in a few weeks when cases hit the hundreds and then a reopening weeks later. So they’ve jumped ahead of the timeframe I was thinking they were going to do.

They CHO is doing a review of opening options by 4 weeks from their original delay, which is next week. One could surmise they’re implementing that reopening plan now, and should be opening by March.




dr dre is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2022, 18:23
  #9542 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 984
Received 94 Likes on 45 Posts
Well now Australia is joining the world Feb 21st, WA may as well open up.

If he does decide to open in March (optimistic) WA will have to do a full opening 0-100 because the eastern states have opened international borders it would be pointless for WA to just open domestically with restrictions and closed internationally. MM has messed this up and missed his chance to open “safely” as he calls it.
SHVC is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2022, 19:31
  #9543 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 787
Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
The so called deaths out of control in QLD is because a ****load of boomers decided not to get vaccinated or decided to resist the booster, I mean you can’t make this **** up these idiots are dying because of their own choices, they deserve to die if they haven’t taken all the precautions so far. WA is now ****ting over QLD on vaccination rates, that’s the reason right there. What else can I say? You deny, you die, it’s pretty bloody simple if your an old bastard.
It would be interesting to see how many of the deaths are of people who didnt get vaccinated but i think your analysis is pretty much spot on. The other thing that intrigues me is the people saying they are not anti vaxxers but are not getting it because its mandated. Theres lots of decisions we make or do in our lives that are based on being told by someone or some authority to do it.
blubak is online now  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 04:26
  #9544 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lost in all this narrative is; what developments are there in actual treatment of the condition.

Regardless of vax no vax…..

An individual gets Covid, is told to isolate at home. No support or treatment advice is actually given apart from, “call an ambulance” if things go south.

Throughout this entire event. The medical profession has been hobbled by politics and bull****. At what point have doctors been left to treat patients without the fear of breaking some health directive or eco-political agend?

The overall medical outcome In this country is terrible. So many questions……
t_cas is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 04:51
  #9545 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weltschmerz-By-The-Sea, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,363
Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts
Let me guess…Invermectin fan? Hydrochloroquine?

And WTF is an eco-political agenda?
Australopithecus is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:50
  #9546 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 617
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Mc Gowan is now issuing the daily Covid cases figures split into 3 categorys. Local cases, Interstate traveler cases and International arrival cases.

He is also listing the death figures from other states in his press briefings.

The highest case figures today are Interstate travelers.

Wonder if he is going to use these figures to further restrict inbound travel. Or something else on his agenda.
fl dutchman is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 12:07
  #9547 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,873
Likes: 0
Received 243 Likes on 104 Posts
The overall medical outcome In this country is terrible
That is just flat out wrong. By any measure our health outcomes are some of the best in the world.
Give one example where this is not the case.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 12:59
  #9548 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Up The 116E, Stbd Turn at 32S...:-)
Age: 82
Posts: 3,096
Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Snoop

Just a thought.......

A 'Particular Problem' in WA at the mo., is that the hospitals are ALL 'understaffed', nurses and docs are run 'off their combined feet', ambulance ramping is 'rampart'.

Due to staff shortages due the Virus and 'isolations'......

So, naturally, the WA Gummint HAS TO cancel 'non urgent' surgery, and 'other treatments' so as to leave 'some beds' available for the inevitable......following the
introduction of people - yes fellow humans - back into WA ('cause they actually live here' / 'used to live here'...) BUT.....they MIGHT bring in the 'dreaded lurgy'.

So, 'we' politicians just 'close the gate'.......ZIMPLES!!! To protect our 'authority AND our jobs' of course.....WHO SAID THAT???

No names......But without an 'effective' opposition....(in WA).....WOT CAN ONE DO??

Even some business leaders are re-locating to the 'East' 'cause they reckon they cannot do business here to an adequate satisfaction.....so they say.

So, the PM opens the gates to INTL arrivals by air, and then what? Does the WA Premier say 'NYET'..??

Interesting times ahead methinks.

Cheers .....
Ex FSO GRIFFO is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 14:31
  #9549 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Home
Posts: 1,019
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ex FSO GRIFFO
Just a thought.......

A 'Particular Problem' in WA at the mo., is that the hospitals are ALL 'understaffed', nurses and docs are run 'off their combined feet', ambulance ramping is 'rampart'.

Due to staff shortages due the Virus and 'isolations'......

So, naturally, the WA Gummint HAS TO cancel 'non urgent' surgery, and 'other treatments' so as to leave 'some beds' available for the inevitable......following the
introduction of people - yes fellow humans - back into WA ('cause they actually live here' / 'used to live here'...) BUT.....they MIGHT bring in the 'dreaded lurgy'.

So, 'we' politicians just 'close the gate'.......ZIMPLES!!! To protect our 'authority AND our jobs' of course.....WHO SAID THAT???

No names......But without an 'effective' opposition....(in WA).....WOT CAN ONE DO??

Even some business leaders are re-locating to the 'East' 'cause they reckon they cannot do business here to an adequate satisfaction.....so they say.

So, the PM opens the gates to INTL arrivals by air, and then what? Does the WA Premier say 'NYET'..??

Interesting times ahead methinks.

Cheers .....
What is all the apparent fear about Omicron anyway in WA? All my family, and many aquantances have had it this year. No real problems. In my case 70+, nearly symptomless, perhaps a sore throat, nothing more than the usual sniffles we get in our normal UK Winter. All clear in 8 days. (Easy to check/test, as the Pharmacies have an ample supply of free Lateral Flow self test kits, and free on line from our NHS)
For the majority of the fully vaccinated, life is almost back to normal. Fortunately the prevelant C19 strain now seems to be more an inconvenience than a debilitating illness.
cessnapete is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 23:15
  #9550 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 360
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My wife and I left Tasmania last week and are now in Philippines. No issues as got a PCR covid test at Melb airport and got result in 40min. No testing or quarantining in Philippines since 1st Feb. Everyone is just getting on with things here. We do need to show our International vax printout to get into many shopping malls and banks and wear a mask indoors. There is not the atmosphere of fear that Oz pollys and media keep whipping up.
ChrisJ800 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 23:20
  #9551 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
Let me guess…Invermectin fan? Hydrochloroquine?

And WTF is an eco-political agenda?

ecopolitics

1
[ ek-oh-pol-i-tiks, ee-koh- ]SHOW IPA

noun (used with a singular verb)
the study of politics as influenced by economic power.

Apologies for the inappropriate use of the hyphen.
Why the judgement and assumption shags?

Jist pointing an observation out.
t_cas is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 23:27
  #9552 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
That is just flat out wrong. By any measure our health outcomes are some of the best in the world.
Give one example where this is not the case.
I can understand your point of view regarding Covid. The overall outcome for the public is not very good. I am referring to the cancellation of elective (cat 3,2) surgery; the reluctance and inability to either attend or secure appointments with GP’s and specialists for general healthcare.
The real damage is that every other ailment and condition does not enter a lockdown just because of the pandemic.
There is no need for me to give you one case. If you have no one in your circle affected, then I would say you are very lucky.
t_cas is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 00:32
  #9553 (permalink)  
601
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Age: 77
Posts: 1,476
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
****load of boomers decided not to get vaccinated
Of all the "boomers" I know, not one has not been fully vaxxed.

As to the un-vaxxed that I know, all are 40 something who think that either COVID is a conspiracy, the vaxs are experimental, because the Govt is pushing the vaxs or their health (vegan) life style will beat it.

.
I am referring to the cancellation of elective (cat 3,2) surgery;
Again, I don't know of any who have had elective surgery cancelled.
The only cancellation I know of is the closing of the fracture clinic in a large regional hospital.
601 is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 01:48
  #9554 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Age: 71
Posts: 888
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 601
Of all the "boomers" I know, not one has not been fully vaxxed.
Yeah. I thought that one must have been after too many Bundys too.
I know only one boomer who is unvaxxed and he's so far into conspiracy theories that he makes Graham Hood look sane.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 02:06
  #9555 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, I don't know of any who have had elective surgery cancelled.
The only cancellation I know of is the closing of the fracture clinic in a large regional hospital.[/QUOTE]

This has been reported. Contact any major hospital and ask about elective surgery. It is fact.
t_cas is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 03:29
  #9556 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,873
Likes: 0
Received 243 Likes on 104 Posts
There is no need for me to give you one case.
So if there is no need for you to show evidence of your assertion then I will go with this...
That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Have a great day.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 03:51
  #9557 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Moved beyond
Posts: 1,170
Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by fl dutchman
So, Mc Gowan is now issuing the daily Covid cases figures split into 3 categorys. Local cases, Interstate traveler cases and International arrival cases.
The distinction between 'local' or 'travel-related' cases seems sensible. For example, today's (9 Feb) total was 94 cases, but only 14 of them were local. The others were either in home isolation or hotel quarantine, isolated from the community.

McGowan and Sanderson (Health Minister) have used the high number of interstate traveller cases to defend their decision to continue the quarantine requirements for travellers. According to the Health Minister: “Had we not made the decision to update our safe transition plan these people would be in our community and our locally acquired cases numbers would likely be growing rapidly.” As things stand, the number of local cases has remained relatively stable. That said, the true number of local cases might be masked by the relatively low testing rate.
BuzzBox is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 04:57
  #9558 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
So if there is no need for you to show evidence of your assertion then I will go with this...
That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Have a great day.
Eyes wide shut.
t_cas is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 07:14
  #9559 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 608
Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
itsnotthatbloodyhard is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:35
  #9560 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 984
Received 94 Likes on 45 Posts
Atagi has updated their advice on vaccine with C-19, DA of Victoria has conceded defeat with his 3 vax rule. My question what will MM of WA enforce on international travelers? As an Australian I’m required to have shots to enter WA and fulfill my employment obligations. What will the international tourist be subject to?
SHVC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.