PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2022, 09:12
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Well I think you’re off the mark. MM saying just now there is no date, re affirming deaths are out of control referencing QLD. WA is to remain closed without a date in sight. Not even committing to a vaccination number.
The new reduced isolation and close contact protocols were announced 10 days ago. Back then MM was saying they would only be implemented in a “very high” caseload environment.

There were 9 local cases that day, 22 the next. Today there were 26. Hardly the definition of “very high”, yet here we are.

My point being his language changes when it needs to, often on the day. The announcement of the “very high caseload environment” today was a surprise to me, I thought this step was going to come in a few weeks when cases hit the hundreds and then a reopening weeks later. So they’ve jumped ahead of the timeframe I was thinking they were going to do.

They CHO is doing a review of opening options by 4 weeks from their original delay, which is next week. One could surmise they’re implementing that reopening plan now, and should be opening by March.