Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 12th Aug 2021, 02:52
  #7181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
Can I ask you what your expectation is of how life will be if we do that.
The recent cancellation of bus services because of an outbreak in the depot is a good reminder that things wont be normal with high covid in the community. And businesses will be making equally less income because half the population would be too scared to leave home, basically what is happening overseas.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 02:59
  #7182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 639
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches

The recent cancellation of bus services because of an outbreak in the depot is a good reminder that things wont be normal with high covid in the community. And businesses will be making equally less income because half the population would be too scared to leave home, basically what is happening overseas.
Aggressive suppression is needed until everyone eligible has been offered the vaccine. After that, I imagine society will become increasingly non-compliant with restrictions.
ruprecht is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:14
  #7183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Clearly you don't think there should be any lockdowns at all, which essentially means "let it rip" Can I ask you what your expectation is of how life will be if we do that.
So you think locking down the entire ACT with a financial impact of hundreds of millions of dollars, probably more, because 1 person has COVID, is a great idea for a virus that infects around 1% of the population with deaths mainly occurring in the over 80 years of age bracket?Seriously, you people have lost the plot. This is insanity.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:24
  #7184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
Here's some interesting stats,

From the 15th to the 28th July 2019 Victoria registered 204 (54 businesses) personal insolvencies including business owners.

From 12th of July to 25th July 2021 only 41 (11 businesses) insolvencies were recorded.

Since the 13th of July 2020 the insolvency figure has not risen above 100 per fortnight.

https://www.afsa.gov.au/about-us/sta...ncy-statistics

Why the figure has dropped so much, no idea, it's way against what even I was thinking.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:42
  #7185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Here's some interesting stats,

From the 15th to the 28th July 2019 Victoria registered 204 (54 businesses) personal insolvencies including business owners.

From 12th of July to 25th July 2021 only 41 (11 businesses) insolvencies were recorded.

Since the 13th of July 2020 the insolvency figure has not risen above 100 per fortnight.

https://www.afsa.gov.au/about-us/sta...ncy-statistics

Why the figure has dropped so much, no idea, it's way against what even I was thinking.
Trusting Government statistics is like putting trust in a rapist at a school carnival that he wonít offend.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:43
  #7186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
So you think locking down the entire ACT with a financial impact of hundreds of millions of dollars, probably more, because 1 person has COVID, is a great idea for a virus that infects around 1% of the population with deaths mainly occurring in the over 80 years of age bracket?Seriously, you people have lost the plot. This is insanity.
It's not about what I think and you are clearly a bit behind the current state of the pandemic. you haven't answered the question.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:50
  #7187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
It's not about what I think and you are clearly a bit behind the current state of the pandemic. you haven't answered the question.
And Iím not going to answer the question as it will only see me labelled as a conspiracy theorist and create space for ongoing attacks. I will leave it to you serving pilots/epidemiologists (jack of all trades) to continue with your belief that these shutdowns are the key to future happy days. 👍
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:53
  #7188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
Trusting Government statistics is like putting trust in a rapist at a school carnival that he wonít offend.
Just an idiotic statement, everything in the economy agrees with the figures. As I've said all along there is no evidence of extra bankruptcies, suicides etc. You need to get your head checked if you are starting to think the world is against you, that is known as Paranoia, and is a mental illness.

House prices are up, inflation is creeping up, unemployment is down. A survey of businesses has found 20% of business is struggling to find enough workforce etc etc.

If you are a Pilot, well these are the hard times the old pilots have talked about. Part of the job, boom bust etc.

Now there were some extra bankruptcy protections added in 2020, but the rate should have been much higher by now with the 6 month period ended for the first round.

43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 03:55
  #7189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
And Iím not going to answer the question as it will only see me labelled as a conspiracy theorist and create space for ongoing attacks. I will leave it to you serving pilots/epidemiologists (jack of all trades) to continue with your belief that these shutdowns are the key to future happy days. 👍
Ok, in that case don't be coming in here and telling us we're all insane and there's a better way of doing this without telling us what that is exactly.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:03
  #7190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Most locked down city in the world
Posts: 546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
Until our double dose vaccination rates are above 80% I strongly disagree.
You do realise they threw darts at a board to come up with that number. It's what public health do on
Friday nights when they get on the beers. Because they are so faceless who's to say that I'm wrong.
Turnleft080 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:09
  #7191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 639
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
If you are a Pilot, well these are the hard times the old pilots have talked about. Part of the job, boom bust etc.
We lived in a hole in the roadÖ
ruprecht is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:19
  #7192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackout
What Pandemic? The Economical Pandemic?
If we're doing it wrong then by all means call it out. But you must provide a solution on which is the right way, Then we will peer review that.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:21
  #7193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
You do realise they threw darts at a board to come up with that number. It's what public health do on
Friday nights when they get on the beers. Because they are so faceless who's to say that I'm wrong.
Over a year ago they knew the answer, I watched an Interview back then listing the vaccination rate and the number they said then was 80-90%. The magic number was 60% actual immunity rate in the population required to curb and significantly slow community transmission. Then factor that by Vaccine efficacy of say mean 75% which is where the 80% required vaccinated population comes from. The issue was that getting above 75% would be hard due to issues like people who cant take the vaccine and anti vaxxers.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:22
  #7194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
If we're doing it wrong then by all means call it out. But you must provide a solution on which is the right way, Then we will peer review that.
Oh dear, the Chairman of the ĎIím Scared Of COVIDí fan club has spoken once again.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:32
  #7195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
The only real way out, is for everyone to be on the same page and call it out. There needs to be accountability, in which, nobody seems to be taking!!!!!!
What do you want accountability for? that's just a sweeping statement politicians use when they have no mud to throw on an opposite.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:34
  #7196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Just an idiotic statement, everything in the economy agrees with the figures. As I've said all along there is no evidence of extra bankruptcies, suicides etc. You need to get your head checked if you are starting to think the world is against you, that is known as Paranoia, and is a mental illness.

House prices are up, inflation is creeping up, unemployment is down. A survey of businesses has found 20% of business is struggling to find enough workforce etc etc.

If you are a Pilot, well these are the hard times the old pilots have talked about. Part of the job, boom bust etc.

Now there were some extra bankruptcy protections added in 2020, but the rate should have been much higher by now with the 6 month period ended for the first round.
You are serious, right? So all those city cafeís are doing fine? So the tourism industry is doing wonderful and not bleeding to death? Those thousands of taxiís in the lockdown cities are doing a roaring trade? Mate, take a look at every sector and not just one or two areas. And you think that rising inflation is a good thing? Again, try studying finance. And finally, good old house prices being pushed up by people panicking about getting a home at any cost. Yep, no bubble or risk there.

Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:43
  #7197 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
You are serious, right? So all those city cafe’s are doing fine? So the tourism industry is doing wonderful and not bleeding to death? Those thousands of taxi’s in the lockdown cities are doing a roaring trade? Mate, take a look at every sector and not just one or two areas. And you think that rising inflation is a good thing? Again, try studying finance. And finally, good old house prices being pushed up by people panicking about getting a home at any cost. Yep, no bubble or risk there.
Never said everyone was doing fine, just the majority, as always. However you are getting worked up about what you think is happening, rather that what is.

The Australian house bubble has been tipped to burst since the Howard years, guess what, its still bubbling, and the reasoning is sound. Australia can afford it. The reality is that Joe Older Guy who has owned property in the inner city for 50 years can just sell up his house and buy an apartment or bigger house in the burbs and still have cash left. He then gives his kids a leg up into the housing industry and they buy a house in the burbs or city, keeping the prices up. Until that cash runs out Aussie homes will stay high. A large proportion of home owners own their house outright. Again don't base your beliefs on just what is your situation. Good mate is a 50+ year real-estate agent in the suburbs, he sees no end to the prices steadily rising, unless of course something completely left field happens, way worse than covid.

BTW a year ago both of us though house prices would crash due to Covid, we were very wrong.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:50
  #7198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
You are serious, right? So all those city cafeís are doing fine? So the tourism industry is doing wonderful and not bleeding to death? Those thousands of taxiís in the lockdown cities are doing a roaring trade? Mate, take a look at every sector and not just one or two areas. And you think that rising inflation is a good thing? Again, try studying finance. And finally, good old house prices being pushed up by people panicking about getting a home at any cost. Yep, no bubble or risk there.
Yep! you're right, so instead of just whinging about it, what's the solution.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:50
  #7199 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,789
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts
And the morons from Sydney continue to surprise ÖÖ


https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...4bbb33318d3e3c
SOPS is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2021, 04:51
  #7200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,528
Likes: 0
Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts
Exactly 43, thats exactly whats happening. The so called 'National Cabinet' needs to come clean, let the people that elected them see the documents they base their decisions on. They are Public Servants, not Dictators. Your 'sweeping' responses are a farce for the rest of the community that have their own intelligence!
Ermm, when I post the documents for all to see the nutters just say its not correct and the government are lieing. So it would be a waste of money for them to post anymore because, most of the community trust they are doing the right thing, and those that don't wont trust them to release the truth anyway. The conspiracy theorist will always see a conspiracy, so you just ignore that part of the community and let them rant, is the usual government methodology.
43Inches is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.