Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 7th Jun 2021, 22:30
  #5061 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by Tucknroll View Post
Before having a go at experts, you may want to check your own typography.
very good.

topography.. and he is no expert. Experts provide evidence to support what they think. So it is not just what they think. He provides nothing. No analysis of any of the outbreaks in Melbourne to back his thinking.

as do average commute times and lengths for Melbourne and Sydney which are almost identical. So all those rivers and harbours etc don’t seem to affect our ability to commute equally long distances as people in Melbourne.

Last edited by Foxxster; 7th Jun 2021 at 23:56.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2021, 22:33
  #5062 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 500 miles from Chaikhosi, Yogistan
Posts: 3,913
Originally Posted by Foxxster View Post

as do average commute times and lengths for Melbourne and Sydney which are almost identical. So all those rivers and harbours etc donít seem to affect our ability to commute equally long distances as people in Melbourne.
Commute time does not equal commute distance.
compressor stall is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2021, 22:33
  #5063 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by 1A_Please View Post
Her excuses are pathetic. She could have had the A-Z vaccine 10 weeks ago and still have had the flu vax in the meantime. Now she brings up a dog bite and that she may have to go to Olympics which sounds like rubbish. The PM is not going and neither should she.
isnít it odd that these Labor premiers are so easily able to lie. Itís almost default behaviour. Andrews lies in that enquiry about hotel quarantine even when there is evidence of emails being sent to him he apparently never got them. Now the chook lies about the vaccine showing wonderful leadership. I hope nobody is wondering why many over 50 are reluctant to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca. They have every right to be given the chooks obvious reluctance.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2021, 22:34
  #5064 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by compressor stall View Post
Commute time does not equal commute distance.
commute time AND LENGHT.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 01:23
  #5065 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 740
Originally Posted by Foxxster View Post
isnít it odd that these Labor premiers are so easily able to lie. Itís almost default behaviour. Andrews lies in that enquiry about hotel quarantine even when there is evidence of emails being sent to him he apparently never got them. Now the chook lies about the vaccine showing wonderful leadership. I hope nobody is wondering why many over 50 are reluctant to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca. They have every right to be given the chooks obvious reluctance.
Iím not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ itís 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 02:21
  #5066 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective View Post
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
didn’t need to be mentioned.

please tell us when the nsw premier received her first AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact she received her SECOND one last week.



you forgot to mention that little fact.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 08:59
  #5067 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 758
Originally Posted by Foxxster View Post
very good.

topography.. and he is no expert. Experts provide evidence to support what they think.
Expert. Ex = has been. xpert (spurt) = drip under pressure.
Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 12:46
  #5068 (permalink)  

Evertonian
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: #3117# Ppruner of the Year Nominee 2005
Posts: 10,997
Could’ve sworn that I’ve seen bridges in Sydney.
Buster Hyman is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 23:34
  #5069 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective View Post
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
The 12 weeks represents a strategy to optimise coverage in a large population.
It was never the originally announced inter-shot interval.

If she could use her position to wrangle a Pfizer shot while not entitled to it then she could just as easily have wrangled a 2nd A-Z shot at a much reduced interval so she could attend the "barren Olympics"

Originally Posted by www.who.int
............Therefore an interval of 21–28 days (3–4 weeks) between doses is recommended by WHO. Depending on the vaccine, the interval may be extended for up to 42 days – or even up to 12 weeks for some vaccines – on the basis of current evidence.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 01:44
  #5070 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 902
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 02:27
  #5071 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by ozbiggles View Post
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 02:40
  #5072 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 331
Originally Posted by WingNut60 View Post
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
Correct and the fact she didn't understand this beforehand shows how out of touch she obviously is.
1A_Please is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:33
  #5073 (permalink)  
601
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Age: 75
Posts: 1,296
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
Apparently all the "Front Line" which including politicians in Qld were offered the jab weeks ago. That included the Lord Mayor of Brisbane who took up the offer.
601 is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:36
  #5074 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by WingNut60 View Post
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
so did scomo..
Ladloy is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:54
  #5075 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by Ladloy View Post
so did scomo..
scomo only took it (Pfizer) because that was all that was available at the time. He also took it before the blood clotting issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine became apparent.

he set an example,,led from the front in being vaccinated at the first opportunity. He was vaccinated on Sunday 21 February.

Australia has doubled its coronavirus vaccine stocks after hundreds of thousands of doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were flown into Sydney on Sunday.

The federal government says it hopes the new vaccine will be going into people's arms from Monday, March 8.

What happened on Sunday?

Three hundred thousand doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab arrived from overseas on a plane which landed at Sydney airport.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/300000-a...rive-australia
Foxxster is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:32
  #5076 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 206
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

jrfsp is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:49
  #5077 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 902
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:55
  #5078 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by ozbiggles View Post
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.
Im not blaming NSW, but unfortunately people cant be trusted to do the right thing.

VIC has two land borders, SA had implemented a hard border with police check points at its border crossings, NSW has not and this is the consequence of trusting people to stay home. I hope throw the book at them.
jrfsp is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:02
  #5079 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 902
I agree throw the book at them. It is a lot easier to monitor the border between SA and VIC compared to VIC and NSW. There are 4 major crossing points between SA and VIC, multiply that by 25 for VIC and NSW. It is about the same multiplication factor for back roads.

Hopefully they will be made to pay, but it won't be enough.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:03
  #5080 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by jrfsp View Post
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

and people don’t want jail as a possible penalty for breaking quarantine or lockdown.

I would be very happy for her to receive at least five years. Given the last Melbourne lockdown cost around a billion dollars. Given the possibility of her infecting others who could have ended up dead or with ongoing health issues from long covid.

but we all know at most they will receive a fine, perhaps a few thousand dollars at the very most. Pathetic
Foxxster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.