Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 21st Mar 2021, 08:46
  #4001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,296
Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
And I donít think it was boomers who were bonking the hotel guests in isolation they were meant to be guarding....
Source? Link? Verified fact?
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 09:30
  #4002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,878
Likes: 0
Received 246 Likes on 106 Posts
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...antine-rumour/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarat...h=a8e6e27131db

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/on-the-...ests-c-1138896
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 10:25
  #4003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: aus
Posts: 1,312
Likes: 0
Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Source? Link? Verified fact?
No i was lies perpetuated by the media. The initial outbreak last year in victoria was from a family of 4, husband, wife and 2 children, from which the concierge and the sercurity guard caught it. So unless the wife (or husband if that way inclined) was somehow sneaking out of the room unnoticed by the 3 other people in lockdown it complete rubbish

Just as the nurses in northern TAS having a party was complete rubbish
rattman is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 11:20
  #4004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 941
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
It puzzles me how people who won’t follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you can’t follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldn’t?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who won’t follow the same rules?
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 13:22
  #4005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,296
Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Here's the link to the judicial inquiry report. I couldn't determine if any of the allegations reported above were actually proven. I would be reluctant to claim that security guards were 'bonking' guests on that basis.

Victorian Quarantine Inquiry
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 13:32
  #4006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,296
Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
It puzzles me how people who wonít follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you canít follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldnít?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who wonít follow the same rules?
Agreed. You don't have to like the rules, you just have to follow them.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 20:04
  #4007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere on the Australian Coast
Posts: 1,091
Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by zanthrus
My tolerance for this stupidity reached zero some time ago.

I refuse to quarantine, social distance use a mask or use the tracking apps in ANY state.

Life goes on. Stuff the Govtís and their Nazi gestapo police.
The reason Ďlife goes oní is because the vast bulk of people are at least trying to do the right thing. You should be grateful for those that are as you are relying on their compliance. Itís the same as anti vaxxers relying on herd immunity to keep their kids safe if you like - so that they can still go on with life. What arrogance.
DirectAnywhere is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 21:11
  #4008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 637
Received 119 Likes on 46 Posts
Today I learned that a bit of cloth over your face in the supermarket is considered the same as the government committing war crimes.
Ladloy is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 00:59
  #4009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia the Awesome
Posts: 399
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The spread of Covid19 is based on two factors:

1. How Dense the population is
2. How Dense the population is

or

The longer we don't comply with Social Distancing, the longer we are going to have to do it!

or, a little more light hearted,

Is Covid 19 serious?

The Churches and Casino's are closed, when Heaven and Hell agree, it's probably better to stay at home.
Roj approved is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 01:48
  #4010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,298
Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
It puzzles me how people who wonít follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you canít follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldnít?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who wonít follow the same rules?
I suspect a lot of these ďI refuse to wear a maskď posters are just keyboard warriors.

It is obvious if they are employed flying aeroplanes in Australian terminals they have to wear a mask, so those who say they are refusers are not employed as Australian airline pilots or are lying.
dr dre is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 02:35
  #4011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Here's the link to the judicial inquiry report. I couldn't determine if any of the allegations reported above were actually proven. I would be reluctant to claim that security guards were 'bonking' guests on that basis.

Victorian Quarantine Inquiry
I would be even more reluctant to rely on anything in that disgraceful sham of a report. Good old Sergeant Shultz defence. Seems to have fooled the Andrews army of idiots but no one else.

Can I turn to a different topic, Premier, although at the same time it is also returning to a topic we have already discussed, which is a decision about private security. You may be aware that the Board has heard from multiple witnesses about the fact that private security became and were the first line of enforcement. And that there's considerable disagreement amongst those various witnesses about when and by whom that decision was made. Are you familiar in general terms with the nature of the evidence that the Board has received?

A. Yes, Ms Ellyard, I am.
Q. And the evidence is to the effect that no one is claiming ownership of the
decision, even though no one seems to have spoken against it at the time and no one 5 who might have been the decision maker seems to suggest that if it had been them, it would have been a bad decision. There's just no one who says it was them. Are you
aware of that?
A. I am.
Q. Do you know who it was?
A. No, I don't. That's the nature of the decision I made. That's why I set up this
Board of Inquiry or recommended to the Governor to set up this Board of Inquiry, to 15 get exactly that answer and quite a few others, Ms Ellyard.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 03:01
  #4012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,296
Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
I would be even more reluctant to rely on anything in that disgraceful sham of a report. Good old Sergeant Shultz defence. Seems to have fooled the Andrews army of idiots but no one else.

Can I turn to a different topic, Premier, although at the same time it is also returning to a topic we have already discussed, which is a decision about private security. You may be aware that the Board has heard from multiple witnesses about the fact that private security became and were the first line of enforcement. And that there's considerable disagreement amongst those various witnesses about when and by whom that decision was made. Are you familiar in general terms with the nature of the evidence that the Board has received?

A. Yes, Ms Ellyard, I am.
Q. And the evidence is to the effect that no one is claiming ownership of the
decision, even though no one seems to have spoken against it at the time and no one 5 who might have been the decision maker seems to suggest that if it had been them, it would have been a bad decision. There's just no one who says it was them. Are you
aware of that?
A. I am.
Q. Do you know who it was?
A. No, I don't. That's the nature of the decision I made. That's why I set up this
Board of Inquiry or recommended to the Governor to set up this Board of Inquiry, to 15 get exactly that answer and quite a few others, Ms Ellyard.
I don't see what that has to do with your claim nor the media reports of guards 'bonking' guests. In the absence of evidence, it may be said that the claim is questionable at best and can safely be ignored. Unfortunately, many of the discussions here and on the web pivot around disputed events such as this and only serve to elevate the emotion and demote the facts to merely a footnote.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 03:06
  #4013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
I don't see what that has to do with your claim nor the media reports of guards 'bonking' guests. In the absence of evidence, it may be said that the claim is questionable at best and can safely be ignored. Unfortunately, many of the discussions here and on the web pivot around disputed events such as this and only serve to elevate the emotion and demote the facts to merely a footnote.
well you were supplied with links. Perhaps the person claiming it is the boomers who are the main group not complying with covid regulations and restrictions should supply evidence . After all that was what I was responding to with the bonking comment, it has also been noticed that the other part of my post was conveniently ignored.


and it has everything to do with it as the report was a sham. It was provided as evidence to refute ... so
Foxxster is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 03:54
  #4014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oz
Posts: 903
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Unless you wear masks properly and change them at a maximum of every 2 hrs - whilst having sterilised hands etc, masks do nothing but collect bacteria and other nasties.
Consider the average face mask, sits in the car for a week, spends another week in jeans pocket, gets put on face, gets taken off face by contaminated hand, goes back in pocket, repeat this 50 times. Add the time the mask sits on the floor, licked by the dog etc etc.

A friend of mine who is a microbiologist had one of these masks tested in a lab. To put it bluntly, it was like licking a public bathroom floor.
nomorecatering is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 04:00
  #4015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 941
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
No more, in a way you have the answer to the problem in your own statement regarding Masks.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 07:30
  #4016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 787
Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere
The reason Ďlife goes oní is because the vast bulk of people are at least trying to do the right thing. You should be grateful for those that are as you are relying on their compliance. Itís the same as anti vaxxers relying on herd immunity to keep their kids safe if you like - so that they can still go on with life. What arrogance.
Yes,the vast majority do the right thing & that is why we are enjoying life in a somewhat normal scenario whilst on the other hand people in some european countries think they know better & just do what suits them hence the massive number of new cases & deaths every day.
Many will complain about closed borders etc but i know right now where i would rather be.
blubak is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 09:34
  #4017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 984
Received 94 Likes on 45 Posts
So, Meningococcal case that resulted in a death in SA. Let’s see if the lockdowns and border closure happens. The contact the tracing has begun.

SHVC is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2021, 08:42
  #4018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am worried the COVID Vaccine will be bad for me elff.
Says it all hey!
Guptar is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2021, 20:17
  #4019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by nomorecatering
Unless you wear masks properly and change them at a maximum of every 2 hrs - whilst having sterilised hands etc, masks do nothing but collect bacteria and other nasties.
Consider the average face mask, sits in the car for a week, spends another week in jeans pocket, gets put on face, gets taken off face by contaminated hand, goes back in pocket, repeat this 50 times. Add the time the mask sits on the floor, licked by the dog etc etc.

A friend of mine who is a microbiologist had one of these masks tested in a lab. To put it bluntly, it was like licking a public bathroom floor.

Never seen a mask used/stored like that.

But is similar to how a headset is treated.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 07:22
  #4020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like all the other states are closely watching the situation in QLD, at least for now its all "hotspot" location based. The worry with this case the current unknown source.
jrfsp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.