Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Australian pilots can work for US regionals.

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Australian pilots can work for US regionals.

Old 27th Oct 2021, 01:31
  #1661 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by minger
Before I send an email to Airline Apps for help, has anyone in Australia been able to pay for membership on this site? Each card I use gets declined as I can only assume payments are only processed with USA issued credit cards.
Do a separate app if you are applying for more than one job. It's painful but paying a subscription isn't worth it.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 08:33
  #1662 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Tracking to intercept
Posts: 66
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Well, they should have been more clear about that in their website post about E3 applicants.
After receiving two emails from PSA that I'd need to convert my licence to FAA before being eligible, I've now received an email that I am being invited for an interview.

I guess things change quickly!
Captain.Crunch is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 10:49
  #1663 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: nowhere
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by minger
Before I send an email to Airline Apps for help, has anyone in Australia been able to pay for membership on this site? Each card I use gets declined as I can only assume payments are only processed with USA issued credit cards.
Pretty sure I got around that issue by inserting a dummy US address as my credit card billing address.
Jester64 is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 19:45
  #1664 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain.Crunch
After receiving two emails from PSA that I'd need to convert my licence to FAA before being eligible, I've now received an email that I am being invited for an interview.

I guess things change quickly!
It doesn't take much effort. You go through exactly the same training footprint as the locals and the DPE just ticks an extra box on the form before you do your checkride.
umop apisdn is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 20:47
  #1665 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
It doesn't take much effort. You go through exactly the same training footprint as the locals and the DPE just ticks an extra box on the form before you do your checkride.
Its a little more than ticking a box. AFSP and other things need to be done. Knowing what boxes to tick is also big problem if your not familiar with the process.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 21:06
  #1666 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the soup
Posts: 215
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
AFSP is a headache, but not really an issue, as all green card holders have to do it too. So your airline of choice should be pretty competent when it comes to that at least.
DropYourSocks is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 21:33
  #1667 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,433
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by DropYourSocks
AFSP is a headache, but not really an issue...
What is AFSP ?

As many Aussies who've been hired right off the boat with no FAA tickets, I'd expect these regionals to know the license process and not be deterred by it. Maybe they're just lazy or not as hard up for pilots as we think.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 21:39
  #1668 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,433
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
This just went up on the AFAP jobs website:

https://www.afap.org.au/pilot-jobs/p...irst%20Officer

bafanguy is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 22:19
  #1669 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
What is AFSP ?

As many Aussies who've been hired right off the boat with no FAA tickets, I'd expect these regionals to know the license process and not be deterred by it. Maybe they're just lazy or not as hard up for pilots as we think.
And here is the problem. They are hard up for pilots but with an attitude like “you need us”, don’t expect much help.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 22:23
  #1670 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by DropYourSocks
AFSP is a headache, but not really an issue, as all green card holders have to do it too. So your airline of choice should be pretty competent when it comes to that at least.
AFSP is an issue when regionals wanted people to get the finger prints done before arriving in the USA.

not cheap. $$
Climb150 is online now  
Old 27th Oct 2021, 23:15
  #1671 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the soup
Posts: 215
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150
AFSP is an issue when regionals wanted people to get the finger prints done before arriving in the USA.

not cheap. $$
Not cheap is the truth.
DropYourSocks is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2021, 22:30
  #1672 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: nowhere
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Any other Aussies who have passed selection at CommutAir? Would love to get in touch via PM. Cheers
Jester64 is offline  
Old 8th Nov 2021, 01:17
  #1673 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Annecy
Posts: 84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jester64
Pretty sure I got around that issue by inserting a dummy US address as my credit card billing address.
I can't see how that would work. US credit card transactions nearly always do an address verification.
Bellthorpe is offline  
Old 8th Nov 2021, 03:48
  #1674 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: nowhere
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Bellthorpe
I can't see how that would work. US credit card transactions nearly always do an address verification.
I recall that it worked for me
Jester64 is offline  
Old 10th Nov 2021, 00:19
  #1675 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: =
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jester64
I recall that it worked for me
Worked for me too.

Thanks for the tip.
minger is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2021, 01:37
  #1676 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: new zealand
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwis and Ozzies working in USA?

Heard National Cargo and others opening up?
bhall is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 21:10
  #1677 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,433
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bhall
Heard National Cargo and others opening up?

bhall,

Can you reveal where you heard this ?

It may very well be correct but the NAC website requires US citizens or green card holders. Since these carriers don't properly advertise whom they're willing to hire, it's hard to tell what they're up to.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2021, 18:30
  #1678 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 187
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A number of Australians in class now with National and undertaking OE.

Some ex AJX - all have extensive wide body experience previously. Most also have substantial wide body jet command time so once they have 1000hrs part 121 they can be upgraded.

No previous regional jet E3 visa pilots being taken due to a number of them making dickheads of themselves during the recruiting and hiring process previously.

National are using an agent in Australia.
mohikan is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2021, 19:01
  #1679 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,433
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
mohikan,

Interesting....sounds like some stories attached to that.

Did the agency National used issue public adverts ?

Last edited by bafanguy; 16th Nov 2021 at 19:59.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2021, 06:25
  #1680 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 140
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
What did the regional E3 pilots do to embarrass themselves so badly and how come so many did this, seems a little strange!
TinFoilhat2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.