View Full Version : TUI airways-2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

P330
11th Mar 2024, 17:01
The older 787s are a curse. They really are.

A Privilege 772 seems to be running to CUN from LGW yesterday/today. Not sure if that is a rescue for IA or covering a LGW tech too.

jethro15
11th Mar 2024, 17:20
Re Matt995 post 1746 above.

All leased a/c will operate under TUI Airways TOM flight numbers, with the exception of of the two Dublin based A320's
These will operate under TUI Nordic BLX flight numbers.

Matt995
11th Mar 2024, 19:47
Re Matt995 post 1746 above.

All leased a/c will operate under TUI Airways TOM flight numbers, with the exception of of the two Dublin based A320's
These will operate under TUI Nordic BLX flight numbers.

Jethro any ideas how many Maxs 8 TUI will be taking this year? they have 19 at present (inc 2 with Sunwings), and I believe another 3 on order, that makes it 22, but the August timetable shows they need 28, so the 22 plus 3 Smartlynx, and 1 Ascend makes its 26, 2 short?

they have just added an extra 1 at EMA, and 1 more at GLA from July, so maybe 2 more around June/July to be delivered?

I have also heard a rumour that 2 Maxs 8s from Enter Air might be based a BHX instead this summer?

Danny G
12th Mar 2024, 00:15
Well whatever is wrong with it, it remains in CUN today. Passengers stayed in local hotels on Saturday night and bussed to the airport on Sunday for a second-go.. This also failed, leading to passengers going to a hotel again for a second night.

Should have left CUN at 1700 but now showing revised 2025

SWBKCB
12th Mar 2024, 07:32
Should have left CUN at 1700 but now showing revised 2025

On it's way, FR24 has it due MAN 10.25

jethro15
12th Mar 2024, 18:58
Matt995 - Jethro any ideas how many Maxs 8 TUI will be taking this year?
Sorry, as yet I only know of the three you've referred to.
​​​​​​​I have also heard a rumour that 2 Maxs 8s from Enter Air might be based a BHX instead this summer?​​​​​​​
Would that account for the '2 short' again, referred to?

Jonty
12th Mar 2024, 21:35
Any news on what’s happening to Neil?

OltonPete
12th Mar 2024, 22:05
Sorry, as yet I only know of the three you've referred to.

Would that account for the '2 short' again, referred to?

It looks like they are reducing flights.

BHX''s 12th aircraft original all season then reduced to July & August appears to disappear Sunday, Monday & Wednesday and I suspect Tuesday will be adjusted shortly. I wonder if another base has lost an aircraft part-week?

BHX seat wise was already down on summer 2023 and to lose the 12th all summer would be poor but of course FR, U2 & LS have all increased.

Pete
​​​​​​​

marko1
12th Mar 2024, 22:10
It looks like they are reducing flights.

BHX''s 12th aircraft original all season then reduced to July & August appears to disappear Sunday, Monday & Wednesday and I suspect Tuesday will be adjusted shortly. I wonder if another base has lost an aircraft part-week?

BHX seat wise was already down on summer 2023 and to lose the 12th all summer would be poor but of course FR, U2 & LS have all increased.

Pete

Bristol is seeing a reduction in frequency on a number of destinations that sees some days with 5 and some days with 6 based aircraft.

GeorgeNTravels
12th Mar 2024, 22:58
GLA-NAP is reduced from 2 to 1 weekly, with the Monday flight removed.

On Tuesdays, the original plan of GLA-PMI-ABZ-PMI-GLA has been changed to GLA-PMI-EDI-PMI-GLA from what I can see.

Looks like it remains 4 737's at GLA, however Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon, and both Sunday morning and afternoon currently require 1 less aircraft.

Mooncrest
13th Mar 2024, 08:00
Does Edinburgh ever see any TUI activity? They only appear on W rotations at Leeds Bradford during the summer - haven't based here for years.

rog747
13th Mar 2024, 08:32
Does Edinburgh ever see any TUI activity? They only appear on W rotations at Leeds Bradford during the summer - haven't based here for years.

EDI is now just W flights using NCL a/c, plus BACF, Freebird and Alba Star, as is ABZ also W's with GLA a/c.
There is also some flying by British Airways Cityflyer charters for TUI Holidays from other Northern and Scottish airports.

LTN (Luton was once the holy grail BY/TOM great main base) has just one based 737 there now!
STN and BOH have 2.
EXT has 1.
NWI, I have just read, has lost its TUI 737, and could now be an ACMI a/c.

Nothing based at LBA for years now, as you say.
All just W's using MAN EMA and BHX and FHY a/c.

Markushillman
13th Mar 2024, 09:39
EDI is now just W flights using NCL a/c, plus BACF, Freebird and Alba Star, as is ABZ also W's with GLA a/c.
There is also some flying by British Airways Cityflyer charters for TUI Holidays from other Northern and Scottish airports.

LTN (Luton was once the holy grail BY/TOM great main base) has just one based 737 there now!
STN and BOH have 2.
EXT has 1.
NWI, I have just read, has lost its TUI 737, and could now be an ACMI a/c.

Nothing based at LBA for years now, as you say.
All just W's using MAN EMA and BHX and FHY a/c.

NWI has never had a based TUI aircraft, always been a acmi operator for the summer base, Germania, then Sunwings and now Air Explore

LBIA
13th Mar 2024, 10:49
TUI Summer 2024 LBA - All TUI flights are w-legs from either the MAN or BHX bases

TUI B738
​​​​​PMI (Tue, Wed & Sat)
DBV (Thu)
CFU (Fri)

TUI B7M8
PMI (Sun)

Freebird A320
DLM (Mon & Thu)

Sun Express (B7M8) scheduled
AYT (Wed, Fri & Sun)

Mooncrest
13th Mar 2024, 11:11
It seems as if Luton is little more than a maintenance base for TUI these days. I hope LBA can regain TUI full time once the terminal has been improved. It's high time Jet2 had some firm competition. May not happen if Doncaster is reborn...

GeorgeNTravels
13th Mar 2024, 11:58
On Saturday during winter there's also Chambery which is a W from Glasgow and Innsbruck which is a W from Newcastle

boeing_eng
14th Mar 2024, 11:47
It seems as if Luton is little more than a maintenance base for TUI these days. I hope LBA can regain TUI full time once the terminal has been improved. It's high time Jet2 had some firm competition. May not happen if Doncaster is reborn...

TUI use EZY for the bulk of the LTN program these days. Due to increasing poor passenger feedback several years ago, TUI started reducing based aircraft at LTN and sold slots to Wizz.

Markushillman
14th Mar 2024, 12:16
TUI use EZY for the bulk of the LTN program these days. Due to increasing poor passenger feedback several years ago, TUI started reducing based aircraft at LTN and sold slots to Wizz.

Out of interest does anybody know when FR flights will be added to their website

Cazza_fly
15th Mar 2024, 10:51
Out of interest does anybody know when FR flights will be added to their website

They're already there if booking a holiday. Once again, they are not operating for TUI Airways, but just an option for TUI holiday packes as a tour operator... so you will only see them when booking certain length holidays on certain dates from certain airports, just like with easyJet and BA etc that they already offer.

pamann
15th Mar 2024, 14:17
They're already there if booking a holiday. Once again, they are not operating for TUI Airways, but just an option for TUI holiday packes as a tour operator... so you will only see them when booking certain length holidays on certain dates from certain airports, just like with easyJet and BA etc that they already offer.

I just had a quick search for holidays ex Stansted (being FR’s largest base for frequencies/destinations) and nothing on FR comes up. Tried looking at Malta, Faro & Alicante ex Norwich, none of which are even an option. Certainly not on the app anyway.

L66MBD
15th Mar 2024, 20:54
I just had a quick search for holidays ex Stansted (being FR’s largest base for frequencies/destinations) and nothing on FR comes up. Tried looking at Malta, Faro & Alicante ex Norwich, none of which are even an option. Certainly not on the app anyway.

Wasn’t this strategy more for travel agents than Joe Public?

Cazza_fly
16th Mar 2024, 20:44
Wasn’t this strategy more for travel agents than Joe Public?

Exactly ! Back to my point of people really misunderstanding the whole thing. TUI travel agents can book freely using the correct Ryanair booking process. There will be the odd package out there though... Someone can keep looking....

chinapattern
20th Mar 2024, 16:43
G-TUIF back in service having had its door fixed. Currently flying BHX-SIN.

ImPlaneCrazy
1st Apr 2024, 22:29
Is anyone able to tell me the 787 shorthaul schedule for this Summer @ MAN, or direct me to where I can find it please?

Livman2000
4th Apr 2024, 16:29
TOM71 from Melbourne to Gatwick yesterday (Wednesday 3rd) appears as cancelled. Has G-TUIB gone tech over in Florida?

Livman2000
4th Apr 2024, 16:46
Has G-TUIB gone tech at Melbourne? Return flight back to Gatwick (TOM71) was cancelled yesterday and is now advertised to depart this afternoon from Melbourne.

Smudge's Lot
7th Apr 2024, 14:55
TUIA flies to the USA tommorrow for a repaint. Scheduled to take 2 weeks, it will be followed by TUIC, then TUIB.
The remainder of the 787-8s will be for next winter.
At last, they get a paint job!!

Wycombe
7th Apr 2024, 19:17
TUIA flies to the USA tommorrow for a repaint. Scheduled to take 2 weeks, it will be followed by TUIC, then TUIB.

I flew in TUIJ (a 787-9) not so long ago and I'd say that needs a visit to the paintshop aswell - the wing upper surfaces were like a patchwork quilt.

LiamNCL
7th Apr 2024, 20:35
Guessing its FTW as PH-TFK has been there for 14 days

ROC10
8th Apr 2024, 09:25

Looks like TUIA is operating to SID today.

Perhaps one of the others is going first, although nothing showing on FR24.

dmouse88
8th Apr 2024, 12:07
Fr 24 showing TUIB going to Fort Worth tonight.

apron alpha
8th Apr 2024, 20:55
Can anyone tell me what aircraft is used from Glasgow to Cape Verde please?

Cazza_fly
8th Apr 2024, 22:12
Can anyone tell me what aircraft is used from Glasgow to Cape Verde please?

B737-MAX8

apron alpha
9th Apr 2024, 08:17
Cheers👍

LiamNCL
9th Apr 2024, 21:01
Two more 737-800s look to be joining the fleet, F-GZHD will become G-TUKS & SE-RRT will become G-TUKT

azz767
9th Apr 2024, 21:19
Two more 737-800s look to be joining the fleet, F-GZHD will become G-TUKS & SE-RRT will become G-TUKT

I find this bizarre when 3x 738 have just gone to fly4, why not just move these 2 straight to fly4 and keep two of the fly4 738’s with TUI UK? Is it simply these two not becoming available in time for fly4 to start ops? Seems more work changing liveries etc than necessary.

rog747
10th Apr 2024, 07:07
I find this bizarre when 3x 738 have just gone to fly4, why not just move these 2 straight to fly4 and keep two of the fly4 738’s with TUI UK? Seems more work changing liveries etc than necessary.

Yes, I too find it all very bizarre as to what is going on within their flight operations and short/mid haul fleet acquisitions.
Who, I wonder is now mainly running the show, the Germans, or are the UK division part of this?

I know the TUI Airlines Group as a whole, have been in an enormous pickle over the past 5 years with no end in sight,
TUI has suffered huge disruptions and losses during and post the 737 MAX-8 groundings, the Pandemic, 757/767 retirements, and the Sunwing contract ends (most of which has seriously affected TUI Airways more here in the UK)
Add to this the 787 long haul fleet, many of which are now middle aged, and 787 dispatch reliability has suffered quite a number of delays/diversions requiring Sub charters.

TUI has no other new Type coming on strength anytime soon due to 737M-10 debacle, which should have seen TUI Airways (UK) with a large new fleet enter service from 2021, which was to cover both the 757 and 767 leaving the airline.

TUI Airways are the only remaining holiday charter airline left here in the UK, and on the whole are a good airline product with loyal Customers.
However,
TUI's Customers are not taking too kindly to constant airline and flight changes to foreign 3rd party ACMI carriers.
I appreciate Jet2 Holidays also use leased aircraft from notables Air Tanker and Titan, plus a small number of 737's from both ETF and Air Explore, but Jet2 do not seem to get the rumbles and grumbles from their Customers that TUI seem to get from theirs.

What TUI do next is the big question.
Are they really just sitting around waiting to see if the 737M-10 actually gets built and Certificated with the same 737 fleetwide Type and Pilot rating ?
Plan B anyone ?

pabely
10th Apr 2024, 09:49
I find this bizarre when 3x 738 have just gone to fly4, why not just move these 2 straight to fly4 and keep two of the fly4 738’s with TUI UK? Is it simply these two not becoming available in time for fly4 to start ops? Seems more work changing liveries etc than necessary.
The French one should be coming to TUI Engineering in Luton today. As it has been sitting idle st Montpellier for a while perhaps needs some work and mods to bring up to TUI requirements.

Remember Fly4 is an Irish company so some advantages in Tax would come into the calculation.

P330
10th Apr 2024, 10:08

I second this. Unclear to me what the strategy is, be that short term or medium.

738’s coming and going apparently randomly and no update on the Max 10 for the medium term.

SWBKCB
10th Apr 2024, 10:21
738’s coming and going apparently randomly and no update on the Max 10 for the medium term.

"Apparently randomly" - makes you wonder how the experienced professionals have kept the airline going for so long. And five new MAX8 due for the summer.

P330
10th Apr 2024, 11:05
"Apparently randomly" - makes you wonder how the experienced professionals have kept the airline going for so long. And five new MAX8 due for the summer.

I'm sure they know what they're doing and my language is tongue-in-cheek. But with some airlines the strategy is very public or at least the public can figure it out. Here, they are moving 738's out and the bringing new ones in. I haven't seen anything that says what the plan is for the delayed MAX8 deliveries or the long term delayed MAX10 deliveries. I guess in summary, its all a bit unclear and I'm sure it isn't random the planning behind the scenes, but to the outsider, it can feel like that looking on in.

excrab
10th Apr 2024, 11:10
Originally posted by rog747: “TUI Airways are the only remaining holiday charter airline left here in the UK “.

Was that supposed to read “TUI Airways and Jet2 are the only remaining holiday charter airlines left here in the UK “. Presumably a typo?😊

chaps1954
10th Apr 2024, 11:33
Jet2 isn`t a charter airline their flights are classed as scheduled with a holiday bias same as really Ryanair and Easyjet

FRatSTN
10th Apr 2024, 12:05
​​​​​Correct. TUI is one of the few airlines that still book their slots mostly as IATA service type 'C' which to be fair is a slightly outdated scenario as they're not strictly speaking charter flights. Most regular flight series go as scheduled, service type 'J', including Jet2.

The only Jet2 flights that go in as charter are those they don't sell flight only for, such as the winter traffic they do at Gatwick on behalf of other providers. Things like Lapland flights and so on are generally service type 'C' and are more in line with the true definition of a charter flight.

https://www.oag.com/knowledge/iata-service-type-codes

pabely
10th Apr 2024, 17:52
The French one should be coming to TUI Engineering in Luton today. As it has been sitting idle st Montpellier for a while perhaps needs some work and mods to bring up to TUI requirements.

Remember Fly4 is an Irish company so some advantages in Tax would come into the calculation.
Don't think the French example will make it today, although with German, Dutch & Swedish Max8s in, I doubt there is sny place for them yet in hangars for the engineers to start mods work.

mdk31
11th Apr 2024, 06:44
Ph-tfk has returned from DFW after repaint

rog747
11th Apr 2024, 06:55
PH-TFK has returned from DFW after repaint

Just FYI:
PH-TFK is an original 787 order of 3 for Arkefly in June 2014 (now as TUI fly Netherlands)
She has never been on the UK Register to date.
G-TUIG is one that has flown for both TUI Belgium and now to TUI Netherlands.

ImPlaneCrazy
11th Apr 2024, 17:19
Couple shots of TUIB in the hangar for repaint and an after shot of TFK
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x768/434969431_10232933491376906_3196940141902150633_n_85b5dc0e95 07a4213a971b8cc083c9ffb03a449c.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1209x907/434841080_10232933491616912_4314615080246755857_n_4ef885f2d3 67f5813a29954000b597e763f6de76.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1209x907/432930562_10232933491496909_3863824449218271730_n_e9875d8c6d 66c8ac93b4a78509ae81a8d559d072.jpg

CWL757
11th Apr 2024, 17:30
TFK looking good, most of the PH/OO redg'd 787s had the TUI logo painted on the underside, whereas the G ones didn't, I wonder if that's been repainted.

I hope the UK 787s keep their names. Flew Alfie to SFB back in 2016. Good to see them get a new coat of paint finally.

1889LS
11th Apr 2024, 20:49
TUI's Customers are not taking too kindly to constant airline and flight changes to foreign 3rd party ACMI carriers.
I appreciate Jet2 Holidays also use leased aircraft from notables Air Tanker and Titan, plus a small number of 737's from both ETF and Air Explore, but Jet2 do not seem to get the rumbles and grumbles from their Customers that TUI seem to get from theirs.

The major difference here is the way ACMI frames are used.

Jet2 do full entry into service maintenance, a cabin refit into LS spec, partial LS livery, LS cabin staff and manage the day to day operations of the aircraft themselves. To 98% of the population, they wouldn’t have any idea this wasn’t a regular Jet2 flight.
TUI, unless things have changed recently, don’t do any of the sort.

Another key difference being that LS are using these frames to supplement summer capacity and will always have multiple spare aircraft across major bases on any given day, negating the impact of any issues with aircraft or scheduling. TUI are forced to use ACMI as the problem solver in the first instance, covering an existing major capacity hole in their fleet.

VickersVicount
11th Apr 2024, 21:11
Im not a fan of the daft names on the 787’s - not a patch on eg ‘Earl Mountbatten’ and ‘Sir Frank Whittle’ Not sure about the big Tui belly logo… apart from spotters who would pay attention and I doubt generates any revenue.

OzzyOzBorn
12th Apr 2024, 01:37
The names do have significance. 'Alfie' was a baby delivered in flight by a TUI crew some years ago. Mr & Mrs Patmore were competition winners - an initiative which drew positive PR towards the airline at the time. Other aircraft sport aspirational holiday-themed names, and the recent MAX8's are named after leisure destinations served by the company. The names are a talking point which engage the customers. Good PR.

By the way, anybody know who 'Neil' and 'Edie' are???

GrahamK
12th Apr 2024, 06:47
The names do have significance. 'Alfie' was a baby delivered in flight by a TUI crew some years ago. Mr & Mrs Patmore were competition winners - an initiative which drew positive PR towards the airline at the time. Other aircraft sport aspirational holiday-themed names, and the recent MAX8's are named after leisure destinations served by the company. The names are a talking point which engage the customers. Good PR.

Neil was a bloke from Birmingham IIRC. Another competition winner?

rog747
12th Apr 2024, 08:05
I think the current TUI 787 names are quite subjective and have been around now for a while...
Time for a change might be a good thing, but only if done most sensitively as not to upset the current incumbents.
That would have all to be treated with kid gloves.

We will not see ever again the heady Britannia Airways 'Patriotic, and Days of Empire' of naming their fleet after such notables as Captain James Cook, Robert Clive of India, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Francis Drake, Lord Horatio Nelson or Lord Earl Mountbatten of Burma.
The Wokerati and the ''pulling down statues'' brigade would have apoplectic kittens if that was ever to happen, and of course ''Don't mention the War'' to the German owners of TUI LOL.

Britannia did name many aircraft of notable Pioneers of British Aviation and also Antarctic Explorers, and it would be perhaps nice to see that again?
Leisure International named their 767's Atlantic Star and Caribbean Star.

ATNotts
12th Apr 2024, 08:13
Resurect the British Eagle names. Swift, Sure, Superb, Enterprise, New Frontier, Concord....just a few that readily come to mind.

vectisman
12th Apr 2024, 12:01
So some of you are objecting to aircraft being named after everyday people? This forum is rapidly becoming the Daily Mail of the Civil Aviation world!

rog747
12th Apr 2024, 13:15
So some of you are objecting to aircraft being named after everyday people? This forum is rapidly becoming the Daily Mail of the Civil Aviation world!
That's pretty rude and bigoted in itself...If you cannot contribute, nor add objective opinions then frankly why bother firing up your lapdog and simply venting ?

No one has 'objections' perse, but some have mentioned/commented on what are the TUI Dreamliner names all about, what do they represent, and are they really still current as such.
So, the floor is open to you if you wish.....LOL

crewmeal
12th Apr 2024, 13:43
Perhaps they should have named the aircraft after Downton Abbey characters, then Mrs Patmore would have her own name on the side 😉

bobradamus
12th Apr 2024, 13:51
That's pretty rude and bigoted in itself...If you cannot contribute, nor add objective opinions then frankly why bother firing up your lapdog and simply venting ?

No one has 'objections' perse, but some have mentioned/commented on what are the TUI Dreamliner names all about, what do they represent, and are they really still current as such.

Who on earth uses a laptop these days?! 😂

rog747
12th Apr 2024, 13:53
Who on earth uses a laptop these days?! 😂
LOL, love it ---

Yes Me! as it happens - I can make the Pprune pages very big (or small) :)

bobradamus
12th Apr 2024, 13:59
LOL, love it ---

Yes Me! as it happens - I can make the Pprune pages very big (or small) :)

Living the dream! 💯

vectisman
12th Apr 2024, 15:17

I think you will find I have a right to free speech and an opinion sir.

rog747
12th Apr 2024, 15:24
I think you will find I have a right to free speech and an opinion sir.

Deffo and absolutely I agree, but 'tis always nice to do try and have an opinion to add to the conversation; can often make it very interesting as many of your Posts are, rather than a wee conflict or a Hoohah as they say -

Anyway it's only names on some old planes LOL

ClearedToNowhere
12th Apr 2024, 15:41

Edie is another competition winner. Named after a little girl who died from some epilepsy complication.

Neil, no idea, maybe they’re big fans of the inbetweeners.

chinapattern
12th Apr 2024, 16:45
Marella have unsurprisingly cancelled next winters Asian/Middle East cruise packages due to the ongoing tensions in the Red Sea. Wonder where the cruise ship might be redeployed too?

Sotonsean
12th Apr 2024, 17:00
Marella have unsurprisingly cancelled next winters Asian/Middle East cruise packages due to the ongoing tensions in the Red Sea. Wonder where the cruise ship might be redeployed too?

Marella Cruises MARELLA DISCOVERY II was scheduled to operate in the Mediterranean after her winter season based in Singapore.

The MARELLA DISCOVERY II is still scheduled to start her Mediterranean itineraries based in Palma, Mallorca on the 07 May 2024 with a 14 night cruise.

With the MARELLA DISCOVERY II now having to transit via the Cape it's not been confirmed if the 07 May sailing from Palma will go ahead as planned.

I'm sure that Marella Cruises are looking at alternative options for redeployment of the MARELLA DISCOVERY II for the 2024/25 winter season. My bets are on her being sent to the Caribbean instead of returning to Singapore for the winter season.

Matt995
12th Apr 2024, 21:24
Edie is another competition winner. Named after a little girl who died from some epilepsy complication.

Neil, no idea, maybe they’re big fans of the inbetweeners.

January 27, 2015 press release:- :)

Neil is the name of Thomson Airways’ latest Boeing 787 Dreamliner following an online photo competition.

The sixth 787 in the airline’s fleet is to carry the name after Instagram user Neil Langstone from Birmingham.

His photo of a 787 was one of a shortlist of five entries from more than 680 selected by well-known Instagram photographer Jess MacDonald along with Thomson Airways managing director John Murphy.

Neil’s image was then voted the favourite in the #787pics competition by Thomson and sister company First Choice’s Facebook community.

He wins a holiday in Mauritius as well as having the aircraft named after him

Murphy said: “Neil’s photo was selected by our Facebook community from a shortlist of stunning imagery and this particular image stood out because Neil managed to capture the whole aircraft in his shot from the tarmac displaying the sleek and modern design of the Dreamliner at his home airport of Birmingham.”

Langstone said: “I will be taking my fiancée with me on holiday to Mauritius, as she had to endure all of my previous statuses, shared posts and patience while I take photos for my Instagram account.”

gonetech
12th Apr 2024, 23:38
Ph-tfk has returned from DFW after repaint
Aircraft painted at FTW (Fort Worth Meacham International Airport) not DFW.

rog747
13th Apr 2024, 06:25
I'm sure that Marella Cruises are looking at alternative options for redeployment of the MARELLA DISCOVERY II for the 2024/25 winter season.
My bets are on her being sent to the Caribbean instead of returning to Singapore for the winter season.

Already Cruise ships that were due to cruise in the Gulf/ME areas, and Red Sea/Suez Transit next Winter are being diverted away from the Region.
Holland America and Princess, have both just changed their World Cruise itinerary next winter, and Cunard's Queen Anne World Cruise home leg will also likely be rerouted back via the Cape.

The only issue I can see there in TUI repositioning Marella ships over to the Caribbean next Winter (OK, this is IMO, just a 'maybe') is will TUI Airways have enough long haul aircraft available for a more intense Caribbean flying schedule?
They are already flying their own holiday flights to the Caribbean and Mexico, plus flying those contracted flights for P&O Cruises for BGI and ANU (who have to also go elsewhere for extra uplift; P&O have ditched the Maleth Aero contracts).

Sotonsean
13th Apr 2024, 17:44
Already Cruise ships that were due to cruise in the Gulf/ME areas, and Red Sea/Suez Transit next Winter are being diverted away from the Region.
Holland America and Princess, have both just changed their World Cruise itinerary next winter, and Cunard's Queen Anne World Cruise home leg will also likely be rerouted back via the Cape.

The only issue I can see there in TUI repositioning Marella ships over to the Caribbean next Winter (OK, this is IMO, just a 'maybe') is will TUI Airways have enough long haul aircraft available for a more intense Caribbean flying schedule?
They are already flying their own holiday flights to the Caribbean and Mexico, plus flying those contracted flights for P&O Cruises for BGI and ANU (who have to also go elsewhere for extra uplift; P&O have ditched the Maleth Aero contracts).

I agree with you regarding TUI Airways not having enough long haul aircraft available and I'm aware of the fact that P&O Cruises have ditched the Maleth Aero contracts.

But I can't see where TUI will redploy the MARELLA DISCOVERY II for winter 2024/25. They could send her via the Cape and continue cruises based out of Singapore but she would still have to make the journey back to the Mediterranean at the end of the season. Marella Cruises could of course offer these longer repositioning voyages as full cruises.

But I don't know as I don't work for Marella Cruises or TUI for that matter.

But Rog we have had a few interactions over the years with some interesting post's but for the first time ever on pprune I'm going to admit to something.

I have never worked in the aviation industry in my entire life, it's always been of interest to me since my schoolboy days plane spotting.

On the other hand I will be celebrating 41 years in the Cruise & Ferry industry in September having joined Cunard Line in September 1983. Regarding a previous post where I stated that I wear my Cunard White Star badge with pride.

dmouse88
14th Apr 2024, 12:48
Deffo and absolutely I agree, but 'tis always nice to do try and have an opinion to add to the conversation; can often make it very interesting as many of your Posts are, rather than a wee conflict or a Hoohah as they say -

Anyway it's only names on some old planes LOL
I have found it interesting that ALFIE (TUIB), NEIL (TUIF) and EDIE (TUIM) using some PIXIE DUST (TUIJ) are LIVING THE DREAM (TUIA) by changing the ANGEL OF THE SKY (TUID) into the DREAM MAKER (TUIC) bringing MILES OF SMILES (TUIE) to MR PATMORE (TUIH) and MRS PATMORE (TUII) whilst they enjoyed their holiday.

ATNotts
14th Apr 2024, 13:15
I have found it interesting that ALFIE (TUIB), NEIL (TUIF) and EDIE (TUIM) using some PIXIE DUST (TUIJ) are LIVING THE DREAM (TUIA) by changing the ANGEL OF THE SKY (TUID) into the DREAM MAKER (TUIC) bringing MILES OF SMILES (TUIE) to MR PATMORE (TUIH) and MRS PATMORE (TUII) whilst they enjoyed their holiday.
Well done!

Must be a slow Sunday:ok:

Seb2996
19th Apr 2024, 19:34
How will the fleet balance with enter and TUI work with Fly4

azz767
23rd Apr 2024, 20:41
I see jethros has updated the summer leases today, originally there were 3x leased B38M to be based at MAN, now only one B738 from go2sky. Does that mean more Tui metal at MAN or a reduction in capacity? Seems a big jump

Cazza_fly
23rd Apr 2024, 20:57
I see jethros has updated the summer leases today, originally there were 3x leased B38M to be based at MAN, now only one B738 from go2sky. Does that mean more Tui metal at MAN or a reduction in capacity? Seems a big jump

That list is not exhaustive.

Go2sky don't have any 737Max aircraft. However, Smart Lynx are expected to base 3x 737Max aircraft at MAN.

jethro15
23rd Apr 2024, 21:19
Originally there were 3x leased B38M to be based at MAN
I believe this was info passed to me in good faith, which has been proved incorrect. For what reason, I've no idea.

I am confident, as of this evening that the info I've published on my website is correct with respect of long-term commitments. TUI Airways Leased Aircraft (jethroseu.co.uk) (https://www.jethroseu.co.uk/fleets/fleet_listings/tui_airways_leased_aircraft.htm)

It does not however take into consideration short term leases TUI Airways continue to take on for very short periods for a variety of reasons. One day leases I ignore, Anything above that I try my best!

ImagineIf
23rd Apr 2024, 21:31
That list is not exhaustive.

Go2sky don't have any 737Max aircraft. However, Smart Lynx are expected to base 3x 737Max aircraft at MAN.

One can only hope for its customers sake, that the deal with Smartlynx is no more. Be that a decision by tui or Smartylnx, the result is still the same for passengers, a positive one!

It's accepted that seasonal peaks require acmi support in the leisure teavel industry. But when you pay good money and end up on an operator like Smartlynx, even joe public notice the huge difference in quality and service delivery.

Sadly, Avion are still listed which is a sister company of Smartlynx. They had a rather interesting landing recently didn't they.. the kind that has rendered the aircraft grounded since 3rd February.

Perhaps Fly4 will slowly see a reduction in the use of some of the more questionable acmi operators.

I notice Jet2 parted ways with Smartlynx after 2022 after a shocking failure to deliver.

jethro15
23rd Apr 2024, 21:57
Go2sky don't have any 737Max aircraft.
Do I say they have?

gonetech
23rd Apr 2024, 23:03
G-TUIB due to arrive at MAN from FTW 01.00 24/4 with paint on the airframe

ROC10
24th Apr 2024, 00:45

I see TUIA is already at FTW for its fresh coat.

spacemaid12
24th Apr 2024, 05:02
Hi,

We are booked on a TUI flight BHX-KGS, it's showing as a 787-800 on the TUI website, the app shows a 787-300 (which I don't think exists), I was wondering when TUI use a long haul aircraft for a short haul route what do they do with the IFE? Is it just switched off?

Thanks,

Sam

LiamNCL
24th Apr 2024, 09:32
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1652x960/fb_img_1713950788866_a3d2e06f46e0a85d07520b78825f02c71c0ad23 8.jpg
Not my photo but G-TUIB This morning

CWL757
24th Apr 2024, 12:14
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1652x960/fb_img_1713950788866_a3d2e06f46e0a85d07520b78825f02c71c0ad23 8.jpg
Not my photo but G-TUIB This morning
looking good! My only criticism is the "Alfie" name is still a sticker, and already a wrong shade of blue.

ImagineIf
24th Apr 2024, 12:57
looking good! My only criticism is the "Alfie" name is still a sticker, and already a wrong shade of blue.

Either that or they painted round it 🤣

Matt995
24th Apr 2024, 20:05
current TUI summer 2024 fleet allocation (based on August):-

Belfast 1 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

Birmingham 1 x B789, 1 x B788, 2 x B7M8, 6 x B738, 2 x B738 (Fly4 Airlines)

Bournemouth 2 x B738

Bristol 6 x B7M8

Cardiff 2 x B738, 1 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

Dublin 2 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

East Midlands 2 x B7M8, 2 x B738, 2 x B738 (Fly4 Airlines)

Exeter 1 x B738

Gatwick 2 x B789, 3 x B788, 3 x B7M8, 1 x B7M8 (Ascend Airways), 4 x B738, 1 x B738 (Ascend Airways), 2 x A320 (Titan Airways)

Glasgow 1 x B788 (Wed to Mon), 4 x B7M8

Luton 1 x B738

Manchester 2 x B789, 1 x B789 (TUI Nordic), 2 x B788, 1 x B788 (Tue to Thu), 3 x B7M8, 3 x B7M8 (SmartLynx Malta), 7 x B738

Newcastle 1 x B788 (Fri to Wed), 4 x B7M8, 1 x B738

Norwich 1 x B738 (Air Explore)

Stansted 2 x B738

So 15 based UK/Ireland airports, 81 aircraft required, 8 airlines operating (TUI, TUI Nordic, Fly4 Airlines, Ascend Airlines, Air Explore, Avion Express Malta, Smart Lynx Malta, Titan Airways)

based on the currenty TUI fleet, and all the leased in aircraft, that leaves the following spare aircraft:- 1 B789, 7 B738's

seams a lot of spare aircraft, I wonder if any of the new 737 Maxs being delivered, will replace any of the older 737-800's?

of course all subject to change, and any ad hoc substitutions as required!

azz767
24th Apr 2024, 22:42
current TUI summer 2024 fleet allocation (based on August):-

Belfast 1 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

Birmingham 1 x B789, 1 x B788, 2 x B7M8, 6 x B738, 2 x B738 (Fly4 Airlines)

Bournemouth 2 x B738

Bristol 6 x B7M8

Cardiff 2 x B738, 1 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

Dublin 2 x A320 (Avion Express Malta)

East Midlands 2 x B7M8, 2 x B738, 2 x B738 (Fly4 Airlines)

Exeter 1 x B738

Gatwick 2 x B789, 3 x B788, 3 x B7M8, 1 x B7M8 (Ascend Airways), 4 x B738, 1 x B738 (Ascend Airways), 2 x A320 (Titan Airways)

Glasgow 1 x B788 (Wed to Mon), 4 x B7M8

Luton 1 x B738

Manchester 2 x B789, 1 x B789 (TUI Nordic), 2 x B788, 1 x B788 (Tue to Thu), 3 x B7M8, 3 x B7M8 (SmartLynx Malta), 7 x B738

Newcastle 1 x B788 (Fri to Wed), 4 x B7M8, 1 x B738

Norwich 1 x B738 (Air Explore)

Stansted 2 x B738

So 15 based UK/Ireland airports, 81 aircraft required, 8 airlines operating (TUI, TUI Nordic, Fly4 Airlines, Ascend Airlines, Air Explore, Avion Express Malta, Smart Lynx Malta, Titan Airways)

based on the currenty TUI fleet, and all the leased in aircraft, that leaves the following spare aircraft:- 1 B789, 7 B738's

seams a lot of spare aircraft, I wonder if any of the new 737 Maxs being delivered, will replace any of the older 737-800's?

of course all subject to change, and any ad hoc substitutions as required!

I thought per the posts above the 3 smartlynx B38M at MAN were no longer happening

Matt995
24th Apr 2024, 23:25
I thought per the posts above the 3 smartlynx B38M at MAN were no longer happening

still showing in the TUI booking engine :- "Your flight will be operated by Smartlynx Airlines Malta on behalf of TUI Airways" & google flights still show them as 737 Max flights.

Cazza_fly
25th Apr 2024, 08:37

As i mentioned, the list from Jethros isn't exhaustive. I'm not sure where the information they get it from or how its updated.

However, the plan is still to have the Smart Lynx 737Max8's at MAN.

Cazza_fly
25th Apr 2024, 19:26
Do I say they have?

Wasn't even quoting yourself.

Matt5
26th Apr 2024, 15:46
Hi,

We are booked on a TUI flight BHX-KGS, it's showing as a 787-800 on the TUI website, the app shows a 787-300 (which I don't think exists), I was wondering when TUI use a long haul aircraft for a short haul route what do they do with the IFE? Is it just switched off?

Thanks,

Sam

We flew to Larnaca and Tenerife last year on the 787, one was configured for long haul, the others short haul. In all cases the IFE was functional, and the cabin crew were selling headphones for its use.

spacemaid12
26th Apr 2024, 16:26
We flew to Larnaca and Tenerife last year on the 787, one was configured for long haul, the others short haul. In all cases the IFE was functional, and the cabin crew were selling headphones for its use.

thanks!

azz767
26th Apr 2024, 16:33

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe no 787’s are going to be configured for short haul this summer. As they will only be operating out of MAN, LGW and BHX, they will just rotate frames between long haul and short/mid haul routes

Matt995
26th Apr 2024, 17:53
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe no 787’s are going to be configured for short haul this summer. As they will only be operating out of MAN, LGW and BHX, they will just rotate frames between long haul and short/mid haul routes

going by the seat maps on the TUI website, Manchester and Gatwick will have short haul, and also long haul configured 788 dreamliners, short haul shows 41 rows in the aircraft, long haul 40 rows.

azz767
26th Apr 2024, 19:24
going by the seat maps on the TUI website, Manchester and Gatwick will have short haul, and also long haul configured 788 dreamliners, short haul shows 41 rows in the aircraft, long haul 40 rows.

If that’s the case I wonder which aircraft will be in s/h config for the summer season

MANFAN
27th Apr 2024, 14:23
If I remember rightly, I saw a 787-9 (G-TUIL) operating from Manchester to Tenerife last week and a 787-8 (can’t remember which frame) operating a Dalaman rotation a few weeks ago too.

Yeehaw22
27th Apr 2024, 15:35
If that’s the case I wonder which aircraft will be in s/h config for the summer season

TUIF/TUIH

chinapattern
27th Apr 2024, 15:51
I believe BHX sees one 787-9 mainly on a long haul and a 787-8 doing a few long hauls, Cape Verde and Turkey. Kos is the interesting one as a 787-8 operates a Wed flight and a 787-9 on the Sunday. The 787-8 looks to be long haul configured but happy to be corrected. We’re booked on a Weds BHX-KGS flight in row 4 which is Premium Economy but on a short haul flight I’m just expecting it to be simply extra legrooom.

CWL757
28th Apr 2024, 19:48
Avion LY-NVM due into CWL tomorrow. Do we know if it has basic TUI decals or just all white?

Sean North
28th Apr 2024, 20:27
I wonder if this Summer season will be as chaotic and messy as last year's. I sure don't expect the 787s to be any more reliable or the wet lease-heavy approach (albeit with new carriers) to make a difference. Privilege Style 777 reappears before the school holidays is my prediction

colinhunn
29th Apr 2024, 19:39
Avion LY-NVM due into CWL tomorrow. Do we know if it has basic TUI decals or just all white?
B738 OM-NEX of Air Explore due into Norwich tomorrow from Bratislava under a Tui ferry flight number. Hopefully some Tui decals applied to the white colour scheme.

CWL757
29th Apr 2024, 20:46
B738 OM-NEX of Air Explore due into Norwich tomorrow from Bratislava under a Tui ferry flight number. Hopefully some Tui decals applied to the white colour scheme.
Our 320 arrived all white unfortunately so dont hold your breath

colinhunn
30th Apr 2024, 10:03
Our 320 arrived all white unfortunately so dont hold your breath
OM-NEX arrived this morning just white with no Tui decals

Cazza_fly
30th Apr 2024, 10:38
I wonder if this Summer season will be as chaotic and messy as last year's. I sure don't expect the 787s to be any more reliable or the wet lease-heavy approach (albeit with new carriers) to make a difference. Privilege Style 777 reappears before the school holidays is my prediction

The 787s will be no better reliability wise, although they have built in more buffer timings to try help out in reducing the length of the delays and issues they will inevitably have with this fleet type. The subcharter aircraft (or ECPs as TUI like to call them) seem to be in a better shape than previously and hopefully the bigger dedicated team looking after these will monitor their performance more closely.

From a ground staff / handing agent perspective, i think they will also be in a better place than last year, with more staff that have built up experience. This is noted across the board, industry wide. There's not the experience of pre-plandemic, but it's definitely getting better.

bjones4
30th Apr 2024, 11:02
Just seen TUIB depart on the live stream and the blue is already coming off around the flight deck windows.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1072x673/fireshot_capture_1164_6_manchester_airport_live_thrilling_cl ose_up_airliner_action_www_youtube_com_18a004d48465da13fa282 12dce217ca284702b2c.png

Yeehaw22
30th Apr 2024, 21:08
Just seen TUIB depart on the live stream and the blue is already coming off around the flight deck windows.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1072x673/fireshot_capture_1164_6_manchester_airport_live_thrilling_cl ose_up_airliner_action_www_youtube_com_18a004d48465da13fa282 12dce217ca284702b2c.png

That looks more like a speed tape repair on the window hump seals rather than paint coming off.

jethro15
30th Apr 2024, 21:27
That looks more like a speed tape repair on the window hump seals rather than paint coming off.
I agree.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/200x162/ib_4d0c1bb2092d7309b2bd29fb63b289ceea930084.jpg

​​​​​​​

CWL757
30th Apr 2024, 21:34
Definitely tape, I saw a close up pic a few days ago and the FO main windscreen is tapped up especially well.
Just sods law that it happened to freshly painted TUIB.

I still can't belive they used a sticker for the name, already looks stupid.

jethro15
30th Apr 2024, 21:53
I still can't belive they used a sticker for the name, already looks stupid
It does stand out - maybe for a purpose. See post 1802

ImPlaneCrazy
1st May 2024, 10:45
Looks like TUIC is causing a bit of bother, been met by Airport Fire Service twice in the last 24 hours for smoke from the port side landing gear...although on it's way to PMI as we speak so can't be too bad!

LiamNCL
6th May 2024, 07:50
Not my photo but G-TUIA on stand at NCL this morning looks like they have dropped the name sticker and painted it on.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/fb_img_1714981650428_efb1370904abb0a8cccc71dd1486108ac1868a9 7.jpg

chinapattern
6th May 2024, 10:04
TUIC has gone to Fort Worth for it’s paint job and TUIF has positioned to LTN to be converted into short haul configuration for the summer season.

azz767
6th May 2024, 17:53
Just out of curiosity, what’s with the 5 return flights from DLM to MAN today. Seems excessive even for peak summer let alone the start of may. 3x 738 of TUI, 1x 38M and one air explore 738. I did think it may be due to two 787’s being out of service but even then it seems a jump.

simonwa
6th May 2024, 18:18
Just out of curiosity, what’s with the 5 return flights from DLM to MAN today. Seems excessive even for peak summer let alone the start of may. 3x 738 of TUI, 1x 38M and one air explore 738. I did think it may be due to two 787’s being out of service but even then it seems a jump.

Returning guests who have travelled across the Atlantic from Barbados on the TUI ship Marella Discovery which has arrived this morning for the first time at its summer home port of Marmaris. The ship will be emptying today ready to start for the summer so all the guests are travelling home.

azz767
6th May 2024, 18:22
Returning guests who have travelled across the Atlantic from Barbados on the TUI ship Marella Discovery which has arrived this morning for the first time at its summer home port of Marmaris. The ship will be emptying today ready to start for the summer so all the guests are travelling home.

That answers it! Thank you

colinhunn
7th May 2024, 07:49
OM-NEX the based B738 at NWI made a call at Manchester en-route from Dalaman yesterday.

mart901
7th May 2024, 09:03
Question for those in the know - will the Avion Express Malta a/c have the TUI decals stuck on? I know they have done so previously, I saw the BFS based one yesterday, devoid of any markings.

LiamNCL
7th May 2024, 13:51
Question for those in the know - will the Avion Express Malta a/c have the TUI decals stuck on? I know they have done so previously, I saw the BFS based one yesterday, devoid of any markings.

Seems like none have been branded this year even the Sunwing and Smartlynx over in Amsterdam for TFL remain blank which is odd.

Cazza_fly
7th May 2024, 17:29
Seems like none have been branded this year even the Sunwing and Smartlynx over in Amsterdam for TFL remain blank which is odd.

They have stickers by each boarding door instead.

mart901
7th May 2024, 18:08
Cheers folks 😊

SJL26779
18th May 2024, 15:26
Hi all,

Does anyone know what's up with G-TUIB?

Been on the ground in Melbourne Florida for a few days now

ROC10
18th May 2024, 15:43
Hi all,

Does anyone know what's up with G-TUIB?

Been on the ground in Melbourne Florida for a few days now

I was wondering the same. Thursday’s MLB-GLA still hasn’t operated almost 48 hours later and 789 TUIO has replaced it at GLA.

SJL26779
18th May 2024, 15:49
I was wondering the same. Thursday’s MLB-GLA still hasn’t operated almost 48 hours later and 789 TUIO has replaced it at GLA.

Yeah they must have known there was potentially an issue as G-TUIO positioned up to Glasgow from Manchester before G-TUIB was even scheduled to depart.

chinapattern
18th May 2024, 17:45
Anyone know if TUI offer complimentary headphones on short haul Dreamliner flights? I’ve read some say they’re free, others say they charge you for them.

SJL26779
18th May 2024, 17:58
Anyone know if TUI offer complimentary headphones on short haul Dreamliner flights? I’ve read some say they’re free, others say they charge you for them.
I've heard that the entertainment isn't used on short haul flights so unlikely. I would take your own with a tablet.

chinapattern
18th May 2024, 20:07
I've heard that the entertainment isn't used on short haul flights so unlikely. I would take your own with a tablet.

I’m even more confused now, from what I gather entertainment is provided on short haul, just not as extensive as what you’d get on long haul. I’ve seen trip reports on YouTube and the TV screens are definitely in use. Can anyone else confirm one way or another?

787Heaven
18th May 2024, 21:41
Entertainment is provided but, as you said not as extensive as long haul. Headphones are not for free but you can use your own.

FilipLongo
19th May 2024, 08:10
I know its a long way out yet but I have been looking at some Tui holidays to Cyprus and Turkey in June & July, The flights are showing as being on 787 Dreamliner are Tui planning to have a Dreamliner operating shorthaul next summer from Birmingham ? One flight was to DLM and the other was to PFO both high capacity and density routes out of BHX

first officer issue ?

Curious Pax
20th May 2024, 07:11
However, the plan is still to have the Smart Lynx 737Max8's at MAN.

One arrived on Saturday and has started ops for TUI, 2 more are due tonight.

Nickjamoy
20th May 2024, 07:20
Yes, it seems Tui is planning to use the Dreamliner for short-haul routes from Birmingham next summer, including flights to Dalaman (DLM) and Paphos (PFO) in Cyprus. It's likely due to high demand and capacity needs on those routes.

chinapattern
20th May 2024, 12:04
Yes, it seems Tui is planning to use the Dreamliner for short-haul routes from Birmingham next summer, including flights to Dalaman (DLM) and Paphos (PFO) in Cyprus. It's likely due to high demand and capacity needs on those routes.

TUI has been using the Dreamliner on short haul from BHX for years - this summer they are operating to Dalaman, Antalya, Palma, Kos and Espargos.