View Full Version : TUI airways-2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

P330
12th Jun 2022, 11:53
Looks like G-TUMP is being delivered today; the latest Max8.

Matt995
21st Jun 2022, 00:00
Looks like G-TUMP is being delivered today; the latest Max8.

G-TUMP entered service at Gatwick on Saturday, and has flown to Gerona, Palma, Rhodes, Heraklion, and Larnaca, but now appears to have gone tech in Larnaca in the early hours of Monday morning after only 26 hours of flying for TUI, not a very good start for this airframe.

Meanwhile B738 G-TAWO is still at Prestwick being repaired (last passenger flight 26th May), B788 G-TUIF still at Luton on maintenance, (last passenger flight 18th May), & B788 G-TUII has flown to Amman on the 15th June also for maintenance.

oldart
24th Jun 2022, 12:01
Tom 240P 'World to Fly' A350-9 enroute from Madrid to Manchester. I presume to replace aircraft on maintenance.

hec7or
24th Jun 2022, 14:27
Chief Executive has stepped down
Tui boss to step down in new ‘growth path’ for travel firm | The Independent (https://www.independent.co.uk/business/tui-boss-to-step-down-in-new-growth-path-for-travel-firm-b2108586.html)

Jamesair1
24th Jun 2022, 15:45
I'm sure he will be great but always nervous when a bean counter takes over.

Mr A Tis
27th Jun 2022, 11:01
G-OBYK B763 currently holding south of MAN returning/diverting from its planned MAN-GVC service.(90 minutes hold so far), Was this aircraft tech overnight in Dubrovnik the other day? Getting a replacement aircraft & crew for a return Boa Vista won't be easy at short notice.

ETOPS
27th Jun 2022, 11:18
I've flown early versions of B763 not fitted with fuel dump - is this the case here?

EPRman
27th Jun 2022, 13:05
Fuel jettison fitted. Jettisons from centre tank only which wouldn’t have had any fuel in it for a flight to BVC.

sparkie320
27th Jun 2022, 15:10
G-TAWY positioned to Norwich earlier this week for maintenance with KLMuk Engineering. G-TAWX was there last month. Does anybody have any idea what works are being carried out? I’m guessing possibly c-checks.
you get everywhere lol
not sure what KLM did to the TUI 737s afarid
take care
Mark

Matt995
27th Jun 2022, 23:45
G-OBYK B763 currently holding south of MAN returning/diverting from its planned MAN-GVC service.(90 minutes hold so far), Was this aircraft tech overnight in Dubrovnik the other day? Getting a replacement aircraft & crew for a return Boa Vista won't be easy at short notice.

taken from the Aviation Herald:-

A TUI Airways Boeing 767-300, registration G-OBYK performing flight BY-216 from Manchester,EN (UK) to Boa Vista (Cape Verde), was climbing out of Manchester's runway 23L when the crew stopped the climb at about FL130 after the left hand engine (CF6) had emitted a number of bangs and streaks of flames. The aircraft entered a hold at FL070 to burn off fuel and returned to Manchester for a safe landing on runway 23L about 2:40 hours after departure.

The aircraft is still on the ground in Manchester with the left hand engine doors opened about 7 hours after landing back.

Passengers reported there were 3 or 4 loud bangs and streaks of flame.

The airline reported the aircraft returned to Manchester due to a technical issue. The passengers will be put into hotels and the flight is to depart the next day as the aircraft can not land in Cape Verde in night conditions.

ETOPS
28th Jun 2022, 06:48
wouldn’t have had any fuel in it for a flight to BVC.

Understood - many of our routes were longer hence centre fuel was always a factor.

P330
28th Jun 2022, 07:58
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/couple-thrown-seats-after-hearing-24337140.amp

Now making the mainstream media.

Smudge's Lot
28th Jun 2022, 09:18
For all those that buy a TUI package holiday that obviously has some form of premium pricing in it, you might like to be aware that the Company is holding a gun to the head of all its pilots in its latest pay deal offering.

The proposal is that without a "Yes" vote, then TUI will subcontract 28 airframes for next summer (7 this year) to be operated by third party carriers like SmartLynx and reduce the UK fleet by approx 15 airframes. It is the Aviation equivalent of the P&O Ferries debacle at the start of the year, sack UK crews and replace with cheaper Eastern European labour. And, yes, that is what the pay deal talks about, vote yes or fleet reduction and pilot redundancies.

So just beware that paying that price for a TUI holiday could very well soon mean flying on some third party flying, whose tech reliability this summer has been woeful

ATNotts
28th Jun 2022, 09:25
For all those that buy a TUI package holiday that obviously has some form of premium pricing in it, you might like to be aware that the Company is holding a gun to the head of all its pilots in its latest pay deal offering.

The proposal is that without a "Yes" vote, then TUI will subcontract 28 airframes for next summer (7 this year) to be operated by third party carriers like SmartLynx and reduce the UK fleet by approx 15 airframes. It is the Aviation equivalent of the P&O ship debacle at the start of the year, sack UK crews and replace with cheaper Eastern European labour. And, yes, that is what the pay deal talks about, vote yes or fleet reduction and pilot redundancies.

So just beware that paying that price for a TUI holiday could very well soon mean flying on some poorly maintained/unknown pilot qualifications third party flying.

While I share your annoyance / irritation with the TUI management stance, and agree with your comparison with P&O Ferries (important to add the "ferries" bit) the allegations regarding maintenance and pilot qualifications of EU carriers is probably a little below the belt. Of course if TUI were to look to third party carriers registered in shall we say less well regulated jurisdictions then your concerns may have some merit.

This sort or corporate behaviour is unacceptable, but sadly they will probably get away with it, unless the CAA takes umbridge and refuses the third party carriers licences to operate on TUI's behalf.

Smudge's Lot
28th Jun 2022, 09:39
Edited to avoid offending.
But the threat remains

ATNotts
28th Jun 2022, 09:43
Edited to avoid offending.
But the threat remains

Your amendment seems entirely justified, and technical reliability has been a feature of third party flying for some years now with these carriers. Thinking about it going back to the era of Scandinavian TriStar operators it was back then too.

If they carry this through with their threat what would TUI with the spare aircraft currently with / allocated to UK? One assumes they'd be shifted to the EU where they wouldn't even try to get away with such a stunt.

Jonty
28th Jun 2022, 09:48
Your amendment seems entirely justified, and technical reliability has been a feature of third party flying for some years now with these carriers. Thinking about it going back to the era of Scandinavian TriStar operators it was back then too.

If they carry this through with their threat what would TUI with the spare aircraft currently with / allocated to UK? One assumes they'd be shifted to the EU where they wouldn't even try to get away with such a stunt.

Edited because I should check the date on linked articles I post.

davidjohnson6
28th Jun 2022, 09:51
Smudge - I hate to say this... but like the manufacture of sausages, as long as it's not made too obvious when booking (ie hidden in the smallprint), on short haul I don't think most pax from the UK really care about flying TUI UK v Smartlynx, at least until there is a crash and people die.
Easyjet seem to be using SmartLynx and I haven't noticed many complaints in the press about it
Easyjet were using Smartlynx for domestic German flights 4 years ago... very little fuss or noise was generated over this

Perhaps not the message that TUI employees want to hear... but life is not always fair

NickBarnes
28th Jun 2022, 09:52
According to the travel news, TUI Germany is going from 37 aircraft to 17, with the loss of 700 flight crew jobs.

https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/tui-fly-to-downsize-in-face-of-falling-demand/

That article is dated 2020?

skyviewer
28th Jun 2022, 10:42
Not a good start today for TUI at DSA. 4 flights can’t leave, allegedly due to airport power cut. 2 flights left now but the 4 afternoon flights will also be several hours late.

Jonty
28th Jun 2022, 12:59
That article is dated 2020?

Good spot!
I just saw 19th June. Ignore that then, I’m talking rubbish.

Charley B
28th Jun 2022, 13:35
Looks like CS-TST of Euroatlantic 767 that has been flying for TUI at LGW for a while,is on its way to help out at MAN later today

Danny G
28th Jun 2022, 19:06
TUI are having a tough time of it at the moment. The problem is they do not have any competition on their long haul packages to the likes of Mexico and caribbean. Yes you can fly via Europe or the States but how many families really want the hassle, especially from places like Manchester.

As Mexico and the like continue to rise in popualrity what are the chances of another operator (Jet2 springs to mind using leased equipment) getting interested in operating a few rotations a week? We go to Mexico a couple of times a year and would love the opportunity of booking flight only and sorting our own accomodation out.

SWBKCB
28th Jun 2022, 19:21
Have a look at the companies that have tried competing in these markets and where they are now...

gaz2021
29th Jun 2022, 05:59
Hi Everyone
i know this os totally off subject, but would anyone know where the cabin refit was taken place for G-OBYF?
Thanks

P330
29th Jun 2022, 07:07
TUI are having a tough time of it at the moment. The problem is they do not have any competition on their long haul packages to the likes of Mexico and caribbean. Yes you can fly via Europe or the States but how many families really want the hassle, especially from places like Manchester.

As Mexico and the like continue to rise in popualrity what are the chances of another operator (Jet2 springs to mind using leased equipment) getting interested in operating a few rotations a week? We go to Mexico a couple of times a year and would love the opportunity of booking flight only and sorting our own accomodation out.

I have to agree with you. We’ve visited Mexico a few times and will try Cape Verde shortly. Both are captive TUI markets with no competition. Would love to see an
alternative.

I guess Cape Verde is more likely than Mexico but given many hotels are TUI/RIU; it won’t be easy for someone to come in and try their hand.

Thankfully, Jet2 are doing a great job in terms of offering and service to the main European resorts.

WHBM
29th Jun 2022, 13:59
For all those that buy a TUI package holiday that obviously has some form of premium pricing in it,
I don't really see TUI as a premium package. That's Jet2, surely ...

TOM100
29th Jun 2022, 15:02
There was a time I thought TUI were reputable but they have become so unreliable, customer service is dire (try calling them !) and I now avoid. LS (and even FR) now much more dependable. I had a really unpleasant experience recently (3rd in a row and albeit on a Sunwing a/c). Flight was very late (no apology or indeed mention of it), dirty and crew (CWL based I think) looked a mess and were completely disinterested. I hope Jet2 expand further in the U.K. to offer a better choice. Sad really, they were once OK. BTW they were not cheap either.

Vokes55
29th Jun 2022, 15:27
Jet2 have been just as bad, if not worse out of some airports, particularly Bristol and Birmingham and especially on the weekends. Not that you’d hear about that here though.

TOM100
29th Jun 2022, 15:52
I know Jet2 halve been hit too - but - they answer their phones and appear to give a damn. Sadly my experience with TUI is the Polaris opposite - I appreciate (being in the industry) how difficult it is at the moment but the way you handle things makes a big difference. I would love to know the difference between TUI and Jet2 NPS scores at the moment. Anyway my money will be going to Jet2 going forward - I feel at least they seem to care about their guests.

LBAflyer22
29th Jun 2022, 16:07
Jet2 have been just as bad, if not worse out of some airports, particularly Bristol and Birmingham and especially on the weekends. Not that you’d hear about that here though.

Not to turn it into jet2 v TUI. But Birmingham they have 4 smart lynx aircraft which lets face it are not the best ACMI operator.

And Bristol they use Swissport for underwing activities. Who are crap at the best of times and even worse at the worst of times.

Swissport are giving TUI a terrible terrible service at Manchester. I hope they don’t get a penny from TUI for the crap service they’ve provided.

VickersVicount
29th Jun 2022, 16:23
‘bring back Britannia’ :)

MANFAN
29th Jun 2022, 17:44
Yes, indeed bring back Britannia!

There were 13 of us that returned from a 43hr delay (or cancelled) flight on 27th May.
3 weeks later the compensation arrived for 11 of us...2 of our party haven't received the compo, apparently due to an on-going issue concerning the TUI compensation form not recognising some of the flight manifests (according to the TUI response on Facebook Messenger).

As for the vouchers, they haven't arrived at all yet for any of us!
How many days after arrival back in the UK should these be received?

* Phone calls - in a queue!
* FB Messenger - eventually get a response saying it's being worked on!
* TUI website - live chat always says agents are busy!
* Twitter - no response!

I assume going into the local TUI travel agents isn't an option?!

WHBM
29th Jun 2022, 18:25
I don't want to do an X vs Y either, and have no connection with either, but it's very noticeable that Jet2, headed long term by Philip Meeson, exceptionally hands-on and knows what he wants in terms of a continuing business, organic growth, not hugely in hock to the banks, is a complete contrast to TUI, built up by buying up company after company with borrowed money that somehow has to be repaid, reporting to the Frankfurt and London stock exchanges, board wholly concentrated on share price, etc, etc.

Danny G
29th Jun 2022, 23:41
I have to agree with you. We’ve visited Mexico a few times and will try Cape Verde shortly. Both are captive TUI markets with no competition. Would love to see an
alternative.

I guess Cape Verde is more likely than Mexico but given many hotels are TUI/RIU; it won’t be easy for someone to come in and try their hand.

Thankfully, Jet2 are doing a great job in terms of offering and service to the main European resorts.

Yes TUI do have a firm foothold in Mexico with the RIU brand but there are so many other great hotels that we dont have access to because TUI focus most of their business onto their RIU and TUI Blue brands, at the expense of others. A good start point would be flight only, say 3 times a week to CUN, I know BA do it from LGW and the infastructure in Mexico can support it now with a lot of hotels including transfers to and from the airport. Heres hoping

Stuart2525
30th Jun 2022, 06:57
G-TUII is back from Amman and operating out of BRS today.

Jonty
30th Jun 2022, 07:21
I thought TUI sold the RIU brand a few years ago?

Budfrey27
30th Jun 2022, 07:32
Tui sold their share in Riu during the pandemic

Danny G
30th Jun 2022, 14:50
Tui sold their share in Riu during the pandemic
I think RUI is still exclusive to TUI from the UK but then again TUI have no competition on pacakge holidays in Mexico from anywhere in the UK except London so I may be wrong

pabely
30th Jun 2022, 18:59
I thought TUI sold the RIU brand a few years ago?

I think they sold a minority stake of 21 Real Estate Hotels, they continue to have 50% of the running & marketing of the whole portfolio

Sts121
2nd Jul 2022, 13:06
Long shot but worth an ask….

BY2662 has been cancelled all through June. During this time TUI we’re still selling tickets for the 02/07 onwards when it was supposed to restart. Looking at it today it doesn’t look like it’s now restarting until the 16th…..

im booked on with my troop for the 30th, does anybody think this is likely to be back on at all over the summer?

VickersVicount
2nd Jul 2022, 13:40
MAN-FUE for those not familiar with just the flight number…

Sts121
2nd Jul 2022, 15:30
MAN-FUE for those not familiar with just the flight number…

thanks and apologies. I meant to include that

Danny G
16th Jul 2022, 15:27
Is there any update on the delivery of the next 787-9 (I think its TUIP)

P330
16th Jul 2022, 16:05
I think 787 deliveries are still suspended.

Getting close to restarting though.

WHBM
16th Jul 2022, 16:25
I think 787 deliveries are still suspended.

Getting close to restarting though.
We seem to have been reading those same words since 2021.

P330
27th Jul 2022, 12:16
Interesting discussion recently about how frequently TUI aircraft move around the bases during peak summer (ignoring leases). In the case of Newcastle, it would appear they don’t move much with their sole MAX (TUMJ) running the schedule now since late May - nearly two months without a change out.

Is this fairly normal do we know?

GBYAJ
27th Jul 2022, 13:36
Interesting discussion recently about how frequently TUI aircraft move around the bases during peak summer (ignoring leases). In the case of Newcastle, it would appear they don’t move much with their sole MAX (TUMJ) running the schedule now since late May - nearly two months without a change out.

no insider knowledge but in the summer each aircraft seems to spend 2-3 months at NCL, so my guess is it will change soon! Reasons for changing seem to be varied. But as the aircraft usually just continues to fly from the next ‘base’ I wondered if it was a requirement by either the airliner or regulator for a different engineering team To take a look at it after it had been away from a main base for a while.

Yeehaw22
27th Jul 2022, 14:48
no insider knowledge but in the summer each aircraft seems to spend 2-3 months at NCL, so my guess is it will change soon! Reasons for changing seem to be varied. But as the aircraft usually just continues to fly from the next ‘base’ I wondered if it was a requirement by either the airliner or regulator for a different engineering team To take a look at it after it had been away from a main base for a while.

No regulatory requirement. Its just as and when circumstances require. Usually for a heavier line check, where there's no slot in the programme at NCL to perform it, it will swap to a base that does (or for a hangar check). Sometimes that can be months at 1 base, sometimes they swap more regularly. With more and more traditionally base maintenance tasks being done on the line these days then the time spent at any one base can get longer.

pabely
31st Jul 2022, 11:55
With the engine fire on A330 9H-CFS yesterday returning to MAN, that is another headache to fix?
Early PMI was canx.

Matt995
31st Jul 2022, 18:19
With the engine fire on A330 9H-CFS yesterday returning to MAN, that is another headache to fix?
Early PMI was canx.

Early PMI, TOM2760 departed at 13:11 so not cancelled. TUI have stated they have access to 5 "spare" aircraft at present, so on that basis should not be that much of a headache for them.

31st Jul 2022, 19:05
Just out of curiosity as SIL is on flight back from Pathos. TUI G-TUIH flew LGW to PFO sector this morning, leaving LGW about an hour late. The return sector is being flown by G-TUIF, if I have it correct. G-TUIF finished in MNO last night, then appears at PFO this afternoon. Has G-TUIH gone tech, and if so it seems a quick decision to get G-TUIF to PFO so quickly to perform the return sector leaving PFO only 4 hours 20 minutes late.

Have I got it this right or have I made 5 out of 2 plus 2?

Regards, 512

SWBKCB
31st Jul 2022, 19:14
G-TUIF landed at PFO about 00.30z this morning (31/07)

31st Jul 2022, 19:27
Thank you SWBKCB. Now I am confused, why did it take so long to swap aircraft for the return sector?

Sts121
31st Jul 2022, 20:12
Long shot but worth an ask….

BY2662 has been cancelled all through June. During this time TUI we’re still selling tickets for the 02/07 onwards when it was supposed to restart. Looking at it today it doesn’t look like it’s now restarting until the 16th…..

im booked on with my troop for the 30th, does anybody think this is likely to be back on at all over the summer?

just quoting my original post

In 35 years as a passenger I’ve never flown with TUI or Thompson before. Short and longer flights. Anyway events this summer made me nervous so I booked flights for 4 of us with jet2 from leeds/Bradford. I never cancelled the TUI ones.

anyway come the 30th we got away in time. I don’t like Leeds/Bradford particularly. The check in was 30 mins and the security was 1hr. Not great but had a lot of flights going and the staff were all courteous and very efficient. Both jet2 and the airport seems really good so was pretty happy

Anyway. I’ve kept getting emailed by TUI over my original flight (tom2662). It was supposed to be at 14:40 on the 30th but kept getting pushed out. It looks from flight radar like they changed the aircraft to the Malta one that came back from Mahon that “caught fire” after landing. The flight was then bumped to 11am today (31st) then still took off 3 hours late.

I don’t know what’s going on at TUI. I know every flight isn’t as bad as the one I was supposed to catch but even though I’m now £1800 out of pocket I’m glad I changed mine

I appreciate that the problems at Manchester aren’t all down to TUI. The handlers/airport etc.

I Personally would be reluctant to book anything again with TUI. It’s harsh based on one experience I paid to get away from but still. When Thomas cook went belly up i had numerous flights/holidays booked with them up to the end and in fact had flights booked to NYC later that year and always found them to be really good.

VickersVicount
4th Aug 2022, 14:55
seems another last minute TUI debacle on a flight from RHO to ABZ. Looks like flight cancelled at the airport. Think a long delay and an outside charter 767 (EuroAtlantic) going back to GLA presumably so as to try and make up time. ‘delayed engineering checks’ indeed.
I never heard so many tales about one charter carrier (except maybe long haul Excalibur and Globespan!)
Poor old ‘tania will be turning in her grave

P330
4th Aug 2022, 15:20
Just to provide some rather mundane balance so people don’t read this thread and assume it’s all doom and gloom.

The rather bland news is I’ve just completed a family trip with TUI flights and:

1). One flight departed and landed on time.
2). One flight departed and landed early.
3). All bags made it.
4). Crew friendly and professional.

Absolutely no drama at all, like I suspect for 95% of travellers.

The Flying Stool
4th Aug 2022, 19:57
Through Teesside with a handful of departures per week?

P330
4th Aug 2022, 20:58
Through Newcastle.

rog747
5th Aug 2022, 08:58
Through Newcastle.

Most smaller TUI regionals have not experienced the holiday airport chaos seen at BRS MAN LGW etc
All except LBA which has been a mess, but NCL MME NWI HUY EMA DSA has not had a mention -
and the post from P330 confirms NCL was all good.

I too have flown with TUI in and out of BOH EXT and SOU (a BACF charter flight to Palma flying for TUI) and again all very good, quiet and most civilised -
The check-in was just one hour before, and we were off the plane and in my car, or a taxi on the returns within 15-20 minutes of passport control.
The Overseas airports were also all OK at RHO HER JMK and Palma (Palma was very busy but all went fine)
Every flight was more or less on time - some ATC delays announced after we boarded, but most flights then made up that time en-route.

The TUI flights and Crews were very nice - immaculate aircraft, good leg room, and some decent snacks and drinks on board -
Although I would love to see a hot or cold meal served on board again, as the whole BoB thing is so very slow for the crew, handling all the transactions, running up and down the cabin for supplies and heating food etc.
Really hard work for them.
The TUI BA charter from SOU to/from Palma was excellent with free sandwiches/meals and free drinks.

The only major issues seen here with TUI in this SW region that has been some bad delays at EXT to RHO and HER, and those regularly at BOH for 4 or so consecutive weeks,when the TFS or the RHO inbounds having to divert in to LGW due to BOH not accepting these delayed inbound flights after midnight.
Passengers were dumped at LGW in the middle of the night with poor handling, little communications and no coaches - make your own way home....
The subsequent weeks diversions saw better pre-planning that the coaches were laid on with more efficiency and were waiting,
but still with tired passengers arriving back at BOH around 06.00.

The late departures of the earlier morning rotations was of course the cause of the delays to the afternoon departures to TFS and RHO.
One of these was a real hash up -
The early morning Corfu saw the Captain go sick at the last minute and another had to be called from standby somewhere.
The new Captain arrived I gather after the pax had boarded -
Weather at destination for their STA 12.20 local (as often the case for Corfu) was Tempo Thunderstorms right over the island but would quickly pass.
It seems no extra fuel was loaded on for an expected Hold over Corfu.
I guess the First Officer would not have done this without first consulting his Commander who was by now running very late....

The flight did not even make an Approach for Corfu but went direct diverting to Athens to get fuel, wait 20 minutes to fly back to CFU.
Friday being ''Brits day'' at CFU saw about a dozen other TUI flights from the UK all land there between 11.50 and 13.30 local and they all got in OK.
The Thunderstorm activity was observed at 12.20 - 12.30 local
The only aircraft that held was the BY/TOM 767 from MAN - he did a couple of holds and landed OK.

It's amazing how all the holes lined up here for what was to become a very costly debacle (with the negative publicity) to unfold for TUI causing the rolling disruption to its Bournemouth program on just one day, into the next.

Richard Taylor
5th Aug 2022, 09:07
TUI (& their use of Sunwing) has been a disaster out of ABZ this season. Many flights hours & hours late, others canx such as the recent CFU. I wonder if we'll even see TUI at ABZ next summer season.

CabinCrewe
5th Aug 2022, 09:27
TUI (& their use of Sunwing) has been a disaster out of ABZ this season. Many flights hours & hours late, others canx such as the recent CFU. I wonder if we'll even see TUI at ABZ next summer season.
Its not been great every year with Sunwing and nothing changes. Wonder what the issue is unless Sunwing insist on sending a dud 737.
Why not just base another actual TUI 737 at GLA and do W ABZs from there.

rog747
5th Aug 2022, 10:03
Re Sunwing - this is the last summer I gather.

TUI have been using Alba Star 737-800's on a few regionals MME NWI BOH and EXT plus some others I think...Mainly from/to Palma.
They had one go tech badly a week or two ago, I think on PMI-BOH-PMI

I also noticed Air Europa being used on a Palma series too - cannot recall exactly from where though - NE or Scotland iirc.
Freebird is used on some Turkey flights from a few regionals to DLM, AYT - not sure about BJV...

boeing_eng
6th Aug 2022, 14:46
Re Sunwing - this is the last summer I gather.

Correct....Now Sunwing is owned by Westjet there will be no further Winter leases of TUI aircraft to Canada and V.V

OliTom
8th Aug 2022, 08:02
Correct....Now Sunwing is owned by WestJet there will be no further Winter leases of TUI aircraft to Canada and V.V

Sunwing aren't owned by WestJet yet, it is still subject to regulatory approval. Wouldn't rule out more exchanges between UK and Canada.

davidjohnson6
10th Aug 2022, 08:21
Normally very reliable blog suggesting TUI will fly between Gatwick and Sarajevo in the coming winter
Has somebody just done a typo somewhere when filing flights or is TUI really planning Sarajevo ? Seems very unusual for TUI...
https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220809-tomdec22sjj

oldbalboy
10th Aug 2022, 08:37
It’s most likely a new ski destination as it’s weekly & starts in December !

rog747
10th Aug 2022, 09:14
TUI Airways UK is planning to commence flights between London Gatwick and Sarajevo this coming winter Ski season.
Although holidays are not yet available for purchase, the airline has filed a schedule for a one weekly rotation on the route starting 20 December with a mix of Boeing 737-800 and 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Wizz Air is currently the only airline flying between Sarajevo with a service to Luton Airport.

TUI's own in-house SKI operator Crystal had a presence some years ago in Bosnia, but this new Destination and flight is not yet showing in Crystal or Inghams' Ski brochures.

Can you ski in Bosnia?
Sarajevo Bjelasnica on Olympic Mountain is the largest ski resort in central Bosnia, attracting everyone from the novice to pros.
Trails reach a total distance of 14 kilometres over eight slopes, each with a ski lift, from easy to black as well as valley runs.
With very affordable prices, especially for Brits, I am not surprised SJJ has been added.
I wouldn't be surprised if they also add INI (Nis) to their winter Ski program, for the skiing holidays on Kopaonik as well.
JAT used to operate INI to LHR long long time ago during winter for the same reason.

AirportPlanner1
10th Aug 2022, 10:59
It’s great to see something more interesting being tried out. With the increasing economic crisis hitting disposable incomes on the one hand it’s very bold to do it now, but on the other Bosnia is very cheap so could be very attractive. Sarajevo hosted the Winter Olympics so skiing is definitely possible!

TUI have been in Macedonia for a few years but not from the UK, I wonder if some more less known ‘discount’ destinations might be looked at for British audiences.

GBYAJ
14th Aug 2022, 07:56

After being joined by another MAX, TUMW, for a few weeks, it looks like they’ve both left NCL this weekend, leaving 4 737-800’s.
does anyone have any insight - are the models totally interchangeable (I’d read cabin crew could swap between them, is it the same for pilots following its reentry into service? ) or is the max taking a break from newcastle.

CabinCrewe
14th Aug 2022, 08:00
After being joined by another MAX, TUMW, for a few weeks, it looks like they’ve both left NCL this weekend, leaving 4 737-800’s.
does anyone have any insight - are the models totally interchangeable (I’d read cabin crew could swap between them, is it the same for pilots following its reentry into service? ) or is the max taking a break from newcastle.
Not sure there is a conscious decision to withdraw them from NCL. They are all heavily rotated and dependent on maintenance requirements. I have seen pilots comment on handling if both so suspect interchangeable for most now with preseason update training

Budfrey27
14th Aug 2022, 08:45
I have a recollection that it's partly to do with BRS giving an environmental discount to it's airlines, hence why all of BRS Tui short haul fleet are Max's. Money talks!

GBYAJ
14th Aug 2022, 10:33
Thanks for the comments above.

one of the swap outs appeared to cause maximum disruption to the passengers by diverting TUMJ to EMA on its return to NCL. While I appreciate most won’t look at FR24 or these forums so will be none the wiser that wouldn’t be my chosen end to a holiday - bus up the M1/A1 in the early hours!!

SWBKCB
14th Aug 2022, 10:37
Thanks for the comments above.

one of the swap outs appeared to cause maximum disruption to the passengers by diverting TUMJ to EMA on its return to NCL. While I appreciate most won’t look at FR24 or these forums so will be none the wiser that wouldn’t be my chosen end to a holiday - bus up the M1/A1 in the early hours!!

That was a diversion due to fog, not an operational change.

GBYAJ
14th Aug 2022, 10:42

Ah, that would make sense! Thanks. Driving up the a69 early yesterday morning it was just clearing.

Do you know why TUMJ didn’t return then? Nb one of my child hood dream jobs was to work on airline ops hence the questions - just curious!! The BRS comment makes sense as that’s where TUMW ended up.

SWBKCB
14th Aug 2022, 10:45
If it fits into the EMA programme, why create more disruption?

GBYAJ
14th Aug 2022, 10:49
If it fits into the EMA programme, why create more disruption?

but TAWJ had to position up to NCL instead of TUMJ and EMA wasn’t a max base before? Assume there are good reasons for it just wondered what they be..

LTNman
14th Aug 2022, 12:09

And there was I thinking Newcastle and the aircraft both had CAT 3 capabilities.

GBYAJ
14th Aug 2022, 12:28
And there was I thinking Newcastle and the aircraft both had CAT 3 capabilities.

Looking at fr24, it was the only diversion from
NCL that morning - all other 737-800’s managed it 🤔

SWBKCB
14th Aug 2022, 12:49

Neither of which fly the aircraft

LiamNCL
15th Aug 2022, 06:14
On the topic of Aircraft swapping Newcastles G-TUMW swapped with Bristols G-TAWG yesterday morning which then swapped with Birminghams G-TAWZ last night which swaps with G-TAWG today in PMI :confused:

SWBKCB
18th Aug 2022, 13:57
Can I be the first to break the good news that MAX G-TUMJ is back at NCL? :ok:

GBYAJ
18th Aug 2022, 14:07
Can I be the first to break the good news that MAX G-TUMJ is back at NCL? :ok:

Phew 😮‍💨- been a stressful few days without it 😂

garry8g
18th Aug 2022, 15:15
Oops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-62581154

ROC10
18th Aug 2022, 18:05
Oops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-62581154

This is old news, not sure why a new article has been published on it?

SWBKCB
19th Aug 2022, 07:58
This is old news, not sure why a new article has been published on it?

AAIB report issued this week.

JKKne
19th Aug 2022, 19:59
Random spotter question but what is the difference between a TUI Extra Space and a TUI Extra Legroom seat. The extra space are slightly cheaper but don’t appear to be exit seats

CabinCrewe
19th Aug 2022, 20:15
Random spotter question but what is the difference between a TUI Extra Space and a TUI Extra Legroom seat. The extra space are slightly cheaper but don’t appear to be exit seats
“Extra legroom seats are just standard seats with slightly more seat pitch. Anyone can sit in them. Extra space seats are generally exit seats, and as such come with seating restrictions”

TOM100
20th Aug 2022, 02:46
“Extra legroom seats are just standard seats with slightly more seat pitch. Anyone can sit in them. Extra space seats are generally exit seats, and as such come with seating restrictions”

Extra space means no one in front of you but not necessarily extra legroom like a bulkhead seat, extra legroom is exactly that seats with a bigger pitch including exit rows.

WHBM
20th Aug 2022, 11:08
Hope it's not like other "extra legroom" seats I have encountered on the 787, charging extra for them, where the window (actually there isn't one) seat is squashed in by the inwards bulge in the cabin wall lining which surrounds the door frame, plus in the absence of drop-down table trays from the seat in front, they are in thicker armrests, reducing the seat cushion width even further. Such seats should have a reduction in cost, not an increase, and come as an annoying surprise to any who have paid more for them.

NEastMidlands
20th Aug 2022, 12:05
Do we have any knowledge of what happened to G-OBYK last week, cancelled in Larnaca and ferried back to Manchester but not flying since then

Jamie236
20th Aug 2022, 12:11
Do we have any knowledge of what happened to G-OBYK last week, cancelled in Larnaca and ferried back to Manchester but not flying since then

It tried to operate last night to Antalya but diverted back to Man after an hour circling

Curious Pax
20th Aug 2022, 12:52

Set off for Antalya yesterday but diverted back to MAN after some holding for a 23L landing. Reportedly a leading edge flaps issue.

P330
23rd Aug 2022, 12:09
Set off for Antalya yesterday but diverted back to MAN after some holding for a 23L landing. Reportedly a leading edge flaps issue.

Seems to be flying again now. Looks to me like there is a disproportionate number of delays and diversions associated with the two 767s. Not helped by the fact there are only two of them I’m sure. Still a couple flying for TUI in Europe - don’t know if these are performing better.

hoody
28th Aug 2022, 16:17
Seems to be flying again now. Looks to me like there is a disproportionate number of delays and diversions associated with the two 767s. Not helped by the fact there are only two of them I’m sure. Still a couple flying for TUI in Europe - don’t know if these are performing better.

I was due to fly G-OBYK to Paphos on 17th but it was switched th night before for a Wamos A330-300. We did get OBYK in the return flight.

To be honest I'd take the Wamos jet anyday. The sooner TUI retire the B767s the better. They're tired and the APU failed while on the ground.

regularpassenger
28th Aug 2022, 18:55
Not to turn it into jet2 v TUI. But Birmingham they have 4 smart lynx aircraft which lets face it are not the best ACMI operator.

And Bristol they use Swissport for underwing activities. Who are crap at the best of times and even worse at the worst of times.

Swissport are giving TUI a terrible terrible service at Manchester. I hope they don’t get a penny from TUI for the crap service they’ve provided.

Experienced this today after flying back from Florida with TUI. Took 2.5 hours for our bags to be delivered to the baggage belt at BRS. No reps or Swissport personnel to be seen anywhere. No explanations, just very very poor.

Kc4475
29th Aug 2022, 07:20
Todays Man-LPA Being operated by Wamos A330 instead of the scheduled 788 for some reason ?

double-oscar
29th Aug 2022, 09:00
Sorry for your wait. Apart from a general shortage of staff, yesterday there were no Bristol based staff on site who could operate the hi-lift loader needed to get the containers off the aircraft. Arrangements had been made for out-of-base staff to come in and operate it but for various reasons they were delayed two hours getting onto the airfield.

regularpassenger
29th Aug 2022, 18:30
Sorry for your wait. Apart from a general shortage of staff, yesterday there were no Bristol based staff on site who could operate the hi-lift loader needed to get the containers off the aircraft. Arrangements had been made for out-of-base staff to come in and operate it but for various reasons they were delayed two hours getting onto the airfield.

Thanks for the info!

Apparently the same was true of the previous TUI flight that landed 2am ish. They had to wait two hours also with no info.

After a long haul night flight you can imagine tempers were short with some other passengers. I think people were mostly angry with the lack of info and representation rather than the delay itself. Of course then the baggage belt broke down too!

It was my first time using TUI long haul instead of my usual VS or BA. Have to say I was really
impressed with them and Bristol Airport. This ending just soured the experience a little!

rog747
2nd Sep 2022, 08:40
Good news TUI story -
This week in a heartwarming story in the Press reports a TFS-EMA TUI flight Captain returned his 737 to the gate at Tenerife (the 737 was already at the runway) to go back for a Dad and his 7yo daughter who had lost her passport at Duty Free...
(We have all done this haven't we !)
The little girls passport was soon found but the 737 had already pushed back and taxied - The TUI ground staff had kindly said they could go on the next MAN flight in a few hours, no charge, but the Ground Agents still called the aircraft to let them know (and the rest of the family on board) but the skipper returned to the gate and got them on -
TUI at TFS said sorry but your bags won't go back on, and they quickly joined the rest of their family on board - - but the loaders still got the luggage on!

All round team effort with a 'can do' result.

The Family have said the TUI ground staff and all the TUI CREW went over and above and were truly marvellous :)

ATNotts
2nd Sep 2022, 11:28
Read that yesterday. It is really good when a customer of any business accentuates a positive to counter the whinges and moans that get picked up from social media by junk online 'news feeds' (Reach group comes to mind) and trashes businesses, often unjustifiably.

Congratulations to all involved in this good news story.

pabely
2nd Sep 2022, 11:48
Got to agree, nice to see some positive feedback.
As for Reach, note for any advertisement agencies who spend money on sites with embedded Reach, I exit straight away and block them. Zero reading your spam from me!

Vokes55
29th Sep 2022, 10:05
New weekly route from Manchester to Ohrid, North Macedonia, operating 31 May to 20 Sep 2023.

A fantastic part of the world, I might add. Yet to be ruined by mass tourism.

chinapattern
29th Sep 2022, 16:40
Any idea where the displaced 787s from DSA and BRS will be heading?

samj
29th Sep 2022, 16:41
displaced from BRS? Are there cuts?

marko1
29th Sep 2022, 16:42
Any idea where the displaced 787s from DSA and BRS will be heading?

im not aware of the Brs Dreamliner going anywhere . Where did that come from ?

chinapattern
29th Sep 2022, 16:46
Melbourne and Cancun are cut to just x1 weekly next summer….perhaps a few more short haul ops from BRS next summer?

marko1
29th Sep 2022, 16:48
Melbourne and Cancun are cut to just x1 weekly next summer….perhaps a few more short haul ops from BRS next summer?

yes the Brs based aircraft operates a fair few short haul this summer - Antalya , larnaca x2 , Palma , Sal

samj
29th Sep 2022, 16:50
Although I guess if they are cut to just 2 long haul, from 4 - they could probably alternate with another airport's long haul pattern? Which could see the 787 short haul plan at Bristol be replaced by 738s?

chinapattern
29th Sep 2022, 16:52
I’d expect the DSA 787 to be moved to an existing base rather than a new one….the positioning of 787s between bases has caused a lot of delays this summer.

samj
29th Sep 2022, 16:55
For Summer 2023, I am guessing 767's will still be MAN based, and there will be some short haul activity on 787's out of LGW/MAN/BHX as per this year?

SJL26779
29th Sep 2022, 22:59
For Summer 2023, I am guessing 767's will still be MAN based, and there will be some short haul activity on 787's out of LGW/MAN/BHX as per this year?

Yes still MAN based. Operating Cape Verde amongst other mid haul and short haul flights

MANFAN
30th Sep 2022, 17:48
What the hell is going on with TUI?! Are they still that short staffed and have endless amount of claims to process, that they can't even answer a question on Twitter or Facebook Messenger, or don't answer the phone!!
We flew out to Izmir on a delayed flight from Birmingham on 18th September (should have been Manchester) and were delayed 3hrs 20mins, but still since 19th Sep we cannot get hold of TUI!
When completing the online form, the automatic e mail response comes back saying "unfortunately, we are unable to process your claim, because one of several reasons" blah blah blah! Everything on the form is correct!

Should have departed Manchester on 17th Sep @15:40, but after 5hrs of delays, flight was cancelled, sent to a hotel in Manchester and bussed down to Birmingham on 18th Sep for a departure to Izmir @15:25, however, the flight was delayed until 18:55...when putting the claim in for this delay, the above message appears!

Anyone having the same or similar experiences?

pamann
30th Sep 2022, 18:18
What the hell is going on with TUI?! Are they still that short staffed and have endless amount of claims to process, that they can't even answer a question on Twitter or Facebook Messenger, or don't answer the phone!!
We flew out to Izmir on a delayed flight from Birmingham on 18th September (should have been Manchester) and were delayed 3hrs 20mins, but still since 19th Sep we cannot get hold of TUI!
When completing the online form, the automatic e mail response comes back saying "unfortunately, we are unable to process your claim, because one of several reasons" blah blah blah! Everything on the form is correct!

Should have departed Manchester on 17th Sep @15:40, but after 5hrs of delays, flight was cancelled, sent to a hotel in Manchester and bussed down to Birmingham on 18th Sep for a departure to Izmir @15:25, however, the flight was delayed until 18:55...when putting the claim in for this delay, the above message appears!

Anyone having the same or similar experiences?

Something big called ‘Ian’ just blew its way through Florida. Perhaps their resources are prioritised to focus on that?

MANFAN
30th Sep 2022, 18:33
Something big called ‘Ian’ just blew its way through Florida. Perhaps their resources are prioritised to focus on that?

Yes, I'm aware of the current situation in Florida...but like I stated, the communication started on 18th Sep and not one response yet!
We have a TUI travel agents nearby, might be worth calling in there, although I doubt they can help with this situation...

Danny G
1st Oct 2022, 00:19
How long will SE-RFZ be doing the Cancun route from Manchester? is it just summer or staying over winter as well.

manchesterflyer2
1st Oct 2022, 14:01
SE-RFZ will stay in MAN until the tail end of October and then will transfer back to ARN for the winter season.

davidjpowell
1st Oct 2022, 21:11
The only celebration that DSA staff are having is ES-SAM, a wet lease A320 that has been plaguing Tui flights with maintenance delays all summer has flown the coup and is returning home....

JonnyH
2nd Oct 2022, 18:49
The only celebration that DSA staff are having is ES-SAM, a wet lease A320 that has been plaguing Tui flights with maintenance delays all summer has flown the coup and is returning home....

I know the answer is because they’re cheap and they probably recoup a significant amount back, from clauses in their contract, but I have no idea why TUI and Jet2 continue to use them. Even when you went back to the TCX days, they were dire then. There was an aircraft one year based up at NCL and it was literally tech every other week.

Titan and Wamos (admittedly not a 737/320/321) are far more reliable.

it will be interesting to see what TUI do for S23 especially with the Sunwing agreement, apparently, ending. Although that has had its issues at ABZ too.

Vokes55
3rd Oct 2022, 06:43
Most of the Sunwing issues have been caused by their pilots essentially working to rule as a result of the proposed acquisition by Westjet. This includes a refusal to go into discretion and refusing to work if "rest" is disturbed, for example by a phone call delaying report to avoid going into discretion. Longer flights like ABZ-DLM become particularly vulnerable.

Unfortunately it's British customers just trying to go on holiday that end up caught up in an industrial dispute that's happening on the other side of the Atlantic.

SWBKCB
3rd Oct 2022, 07:05
I know the answer is because they’re cheap and they probably recoup a significant amount back, from clauses in their contract, but I have no idea why TUI and Jet2 continue to use them. Even when you went back to the TCX days, they were dire then. There was an aircraft one year based up at NCL and it was literally tech every other week.

Has anybody seen any details to back up this common assertion, or is it an urban myth? Given their small numbers any delays are more noticeable, but how does their serviceability stack up with mainline fleets?

JonnyH
3rd Oct 2022, 08:50
Has anybody seen any details to back up this common assertion, or is it an urban myth? Given their small numbers any delays are more noticeable, but how does their serviceability stack up with mainline fleets?

I’m sure someone can find the figures somewhere but this is definitely not an urban myth. It’s been the case for years, as I said above.

Across the summer, it’s barely been seen with Titan and they have even smaller numbers. I can guarantee they would win many more contracts, certainly over the summer, if they added even more to their fleet. It’s TBC whether it’s always tech issues (for Smart Lynx) this summer, as it could easily be crew issues too, but historically they have been awful.

Danny G
3rd Oct 2022, 11:18
SE-RFZ will stay in MAN until the tail end of October and then will transfer back to ARN for the winter season.

Thanks for that, hopefully it means we have a chance of not being delayed when we next fly out in November. ITUI have had delays on this route all summer (7 hours for us back in May) I am assuming it is due to only having the option of one aircraft for this route and not being able to substitute another. If I am wrong can someone tell me how it actually works. It must havew cost TUI a fortune this year (Not their fault I know, it was Swissport who cocked our flight up) one good thing is they are very prompt at paying compensation.

GBYAJ
3rd Oct 2022, 11:55
I’m sure someone can find the figures somewhere but this is definitely not an urban myth. It’s been the case for years, as I said above.

Across the summer, it’s barely been seen with Titan and they have even smaller numbers. I can guarantee they would win many more contracts, certainly over the summer, if they added even more to their fleet. It’s TBC whether it’s always tech issues (for Smart Lynx) this summer, as it could easily be crew issues too, but historically they have been awful.

I agree Smartlynx and Avion Express were terrible from Newcastle for TCX (and so were TCX itself in the last year of 757’s ).

Other than making a mental note to avoid I think a trawl though the old NCL treads will corroborate this!

SWBKCB
3rd Oct 2022, 12:46
Other than making a mental note to avoid I think a trawl though the old NCL treads will corroborate this!

I think it will just reflect the same oft repeated opinions - I was just wondering if there were ever any analysis to support them. For example, based on casual observation, nobody would go anywhere near a TOM 787 out of Newcastle but there is a bit more to it than that.

LiamNCL
3rd Oct 2022, 12:46
Avion at NCL wernt much better either

Charley B
3rd Oct 2022, 15:58
Wamos have been here at Gatwick quite a few times over the last couple of months..not sure why ,but really enjoying seeing the heavies here
EC-NTY and EC-NOF are here for Tui now ..presume Tui are short of 787? or is it crew?

brianj
3rd Oct 2022, 18:52
My guess is we will see more of these operators doing TUI flights in the future and less flights by TUI aircraft. Having done two such subleased flights I regard this as a retrograde step. No problem with cabin crew and impresssed with Titan but can’t say the same regarding the aircraft state on Avion Express. Delay due to a radio fault, no hot water for drinks, no washbasin water, very worn seating and filthy under seat cover. If this is the future of TUI short haul flights there is a major risk of delays increasing due serviceability issues and adverse passenger reaction to cabin states. If this is the TUI future I am sure Jet 2 will benefit hugely.

Vokes55
3rd Oct 2022, 19:47
You are aware that Jet2 have been using Smartlynx too, right?

JonnyH
3rd Oct 2022, 21:17
Wamos have been here at Gatwick quite a few times over the last couple of months..not sure why ,but really enjoying seeing the heavies here
EC-NTY and EC-NOF are here for Tui now ..presume Tui are short of 787? or is it crew?

Aircraft out of position and working outside of schedule due to hurricane Ian.

JonnyH
3rd Oct 2022, 21:35

Agreed - although I suppose you could argue Jet2 seem to deal with the significant delays better as they do seem to be able to move things around a little. TUI have been relying heavily throughout the summer on Wamos coming in to cover these gaps at MAN, BHX & DSA. It cannot have come cheap.

Without wanting to sound like it’s all doom and gloom with TUI, as we all know it’s been an incredibly difficult year due to a multitude of reasons, what are they going to do for S23? Likely to be no Sunwing (which will affect ABZ, NWI, CWL, BFS). If I remember correctly, they had postponed and spread their Max delivery out due to the grounding of the fleet and the 788/789s expected are unlikely to make an impact. Suppose there’s an argument they shouldn’t have got rid of some of their 757/767s but let’s not get into that!… :-)

GBYAJ
3rd Oct 2022, 21:40
I think it will just reflect the same oft repeated opinions - I was just wondering if there were ever any analysis to support them. For example, based on casual observation, nobody would go anywhere near a TOM 787 out of Newcastle but there is a bit more to it than that.

yes that mental note is to avoid Florida during a hurricane which just happens make the TUI 788 look bad!! . I don’t remember the avion/smartynx issues being caused by weather more like numerous technical issues with the passenger experience made worse by old/ shabby interiors referred to above

fjencl
3rd Oct 2022, 21:58
Is Glasgow a year round TUI Base.
If so, what aircraft are based here ???

Thanks

manchesterflyer2
3rd Oct 2022, 22:24
Is Glasgow a year round TUI Base.
If so, what aircraft are based here ???

Thanks

It is a year round base. 2 aircraft from the 737 fleet in the summer with 787 flying several days a week. 1 x 737 in the winter.

SWBKCB
4th Oct 2022, 05:50
yes that mental note is to avoid Florida during a hurricane which just happens make the TUI 788 look bad!! . I don’t remember the avion/smartynx issues being caused by weather more like numerous technical issues with the passenger experience made worse by old/ shabby interiors referred to above

Again, perception vs reality - the 787 has had issues throughout the summer, not just the hurricane season. From my casual observation of the NIA arrivals board I could come on here and say there have been more delays than on time arrivals this summer, but I don't have any facts to back it up...

GBYAJ
4th Oct 2022, 06:50
Again, perception vs reality - the 787 has had issues throughout the summer, not just the hurricane season. From my casual observation of the NIA arrivals board I could come on here and say there have been more delays than on time arrivals this summer, but I don't have any facts to back it up...

😂.

I’ll send you the on time performance spreadsheet that I maintained for this very purpose! historic reviews on skytrax etc also remain available to check it out.

You make a very good point though. I was reading on a Bristol Facebook page about how unreliable Airways International Cymru 737 G-BAZI was back in the day. Obviously this was ex Britannia which became TUI. However, I’ve gone back and disputed the memories of people who were there and asked for evidence of this unreliability!

sometimes your posts are interesting, other times…. 🤔

Mooncrest
4th Oct 2022, 07:43
😂.

I’ll send you the on time performance spreadsheet that I maintained for this very purpose! historic reviews on skytrax etc also remain available to check it out.

You make a very good point though. I was reading on a Bristol Facebook page about how unreliable Airways International Cymru 737 G-BAZI was back in the day. Obviously this was ex Britannia which became TUI. However, I’ve gone back and disputed the memories of people who were there and asked for evidence of this unreliability!

sometimes your posts are interesting, other times…. 🤔

I once read in a book about G-BAZI, something about it being the "black sheep" of the Britannia 737 fleet. I can't remember which book but it does explain why Britannia got rid. Ironic that said aircraft would still be at least partly employed on Thomson Holidays work from Bristol and Cardiff with its new owner!

SWBKCB
4th Oct 2022, 14:32
All my posts are essential reading :ok:

I was just wondering whether somebody could show that the on time performance of Smartlynx and Avion Express was X% worse than the rest of the fleet, rather than everybody saying they were terrible

Yeehaw22
4th Oct 2022, 15:24
It is a year round base. 2 aircraft from the 737 fleet in the summer with 787 flying several days a week. 1 x 737 in the winter.

S22 has been 2 x max and 1 x 788 based all summer.
​​​​​​
W22 is 2 x max at present.

Yeehaw22
4th Oct 2022, 15:28

A huge % of 787 'issues' this summer have not been aircraft related. Especially on the part time based aircraft, positioning aircraft out of certain UK airports has been horrendous. This with the tight schedules has a big knock on effect.

Alex321
4th Oct 2022, 15:55
TUI would be in a better position during the summer if they didn't position the 787 fleet left right and centre base to base every other day, the planners need to create a more simple schedule with less positioning sectors which would allow more recovery time for the 787 schedule.

Charley B
4th Oct 2022, 15:55
Aircraft out of position and working outside of schedule due to hurricane Ian.
…..

Thanks for info ..both have now returned to their MAD base

GBYAJ
4th Oct 2022, 17:55
[QUOTE=SWBKCB;11307869]All my posts are essential reading :ok:

👍

🤝

Skipness One Foxtrot
4th Oct 2022, 18:46
Are the last two B767s leaving the fleet at the end of the summer?

pabely
4th Oct 2022, 19:07
TUI should have alot more Maxs delivered for next year as long as Boeing can supply. Not saying they might need to lease some more kit for the summer months though.

VickersVicount
4th Oct 2022, 19:30
See post #862

Skipness One Foxtrot
4th Oct 2022, 22:45
See post #862
Perfect, thanks!! Not actually flown with TUI and it's well overdue.

GBYAJ
5th Oct 2022, 07:58
I once read in a book about G-BAZI, something about it being the "black sheep" of the Britannia 737 fleet. I can't remember which book but it does explain why Britannia got rid. Ironic that said aircraft would still be at least partly employed on Thomson Holidays work from Bristol and Cardiff with its new owner!

There’s a YouTube video about the rise and fall of AIC (and lots of other airlines from that time) and ZI retained its BY interior so not much change for a Thomson holidays customer!

Mooncrest
5th Oct 2022, 10:37
There’s a YouTube video about the rise and fall of AIC (and lots of other airlines from that time) and ZI retained its BY interior so not much change for a Thomson holidays customer!
I don't know how Airways Cymru faired financially generally but they should have made some steady brass out of WLAD during her lease to British Midland and subsequent sub--lease to Manx.

EPRman
5th Oct 2022, 18:23

The current plan is they are scheduled to leave at the end of summer 2023. As with most things in aviation that could change.

samj
14th Oct 2022, 08:55
How is S23 shaping up for aircraft's being based where? I see a lot of 3rd party operators (as per this year) coming in again to help TUI next summer from LGW, MAN and BHX.

P330
14th Oct 2022, 10:58
One fantastic poster shared a PDF for this summer with aircraft and specific rotations. Was really excellent!

Charley B
14th Oct 2022, 12:26
How is S23 shaping up for aircraft's being based where? I see a lot of 3rd party operators (as per this year) coming in again to help TUI next summer from LGW, MAN and BHX.

a friend flew to Palma recently to join a Tui cruise ..they went both ways with Wamos for Tui..said they were excellent..hope they are here lots more next summer ..love seeing them here

shlamps
14th Oct 2022, 18:04
Flew with Wamos from SID this month. Couldn’t fault them. Had TUI CC on board together with the Wamos crew. The were great.

regularpassenger
15th Oct 2022, 16:12
Has TUI cancelled its Melbourne-Orlando programme from Bristol next year? Can’t see any dates available whatsoever?

FRatSTN
15th Oct 2022, 19:53
Has TUI cancelled its Melbourne-Orlando programme from Bristol next year? Can’t see any dates available whatsoever?

Looks like it, and no Cancun either. Even a couple of short-haul routes now missing, Bodrum and Menorca.

regularpassenger
16th Oct 2022, 11:29
Being reported on a popular Florida forum that TUI have axed all long haul from Bristol for next year. Doesn’t seem to be anything more driving these rumours than the flights disappearing from the booking engine…. So I’m not totally convinced yet!

VickersVicount
16th Oct 2022, 12:05
all those 787’s will need to go somewhere… CWL maybe?

davidjohnson6
16th Oct 2022, 12:15
all those 787’s will need to go somewhere… CWL maybe?
Or maybe reregistered/leased to one of TUI's European airlines or even Teruel ?

With expensive hydrocarbons, a weak pound against the dollar, rapidly rising interest rates and possible tax increases or public spending cuts, Brits who previously went to Florida may be switching to Spain or Greece instead in S23

chaps1954
16th Oct 2022, 13:16
Having seen the costs of a Florida holiday visiting the attractions I would not even bother.

SWBKCB
16th Oct 2022, 13:23
Doubt whether many readers of this forum are in the target market.

davidjpowell
16th Oct 2022, 19:25
Having seen the costs of a Florida holiday visiting the attractions I would not even bother.

Given the cost and the exchange rate I would not be surprised if Tui expects fewer seats to sell on the Florida routes next year.

Matt995
16th Oct 2022, 19:55
interestingly Florida is planned to increase from 3 to 4 flights a week from Birmingham for Summer 2023, I wonder if the Bristol passengers will now be re-booked onto the Birmingham flights?

caaardiff
16th Oct 2022, 21:17
Or maybe reregistered/leased to one of TUI's European airlines or even Teruel ?

With expensive hydrocarbons, a weak pound against the dollar, rapidly rising interest rates and possible tax increases or public spending cuts, Brits who previously went to Florida may be switching to Spain or Greece instead in S23

They could use them on more short haul routes for extra capacity and reduce the reliance on subleasing other airlines in the run schedules.
If they convert more to all short haul config thats near enough the same capacity of 2x 737s

HH6702
16th Oct 2022, 21:55
They aren’t getting G-TUIP as planned.
so less 787’s now for S23

davidjpowell
17th Oct 2022, 07:11
G-TUIB has got itself in a bit of a pickle along with its Florida bound passengers and crew after the first officer was struck by food poisoning en-route. They dived into Bangor, and are there 12 hours later.

i hope it is just food poisoning and not covering any worse illness, but it will also be interesting to see how they recover the flight - if they can get a new crew in on a scheduled carrier or end up diverting to drop off crew from a flight headed that way.

in the meantime they need to find a spare airplane to cover the dsa - Cancun flight this morning…

samj
17th Oct 2022, 07:19
They could use them on more short haul routes for extra capacity and reduce the reliance on subleasing other airlines in the run schedules.
If they convert more to all short haul config thats near enough the same capacity of 2x 737s

I wonder if there is a possibility that we may see more 787s on short haul again this year because of less demand to the US? Although, I guess this will depend on how far out TUI plan the S23 schedule.

azz767
17th Oct 2022, 09:20

Is this not getting at all, or in time for S23?

VickersVicount
19th Oct 2022, 07:57
Being reported on a popular Florida forum that TUI have axed all long haul from Bristol for next year. Doesn’t seem to be anything more driving these rumours than the flights disappearing from the booking engine…. So I’m not totally convinced yet!
BRS will be bookable from Dec 22. Something and nothing…

marko1
19th Oct 2022, 12:46
BRS will be bookable from Dec 22. Something and nothing…

why do we have to wait till December though ?

AirportPlanner1
19th Oct 2022, 20:52
TUI have been in Macedonia for a few years but not from the UK, I wonder if some more less known ‘discount’ destinations might be looked at for British audiences.

Added from LGW and MAN for Summer ‘23!

VickersVicount
20th Oct 2022, 20:42
Seems to be on the move in full TUI colours
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj5_-sFPgWJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

CabinCrewe
20th Oct 2022, 21:17
Wonder if any scope for an old BY 737-200 size Embraer 195E2 in UK fleet?
https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1207114-tui-selects-embraer-e195-e2

MKY661
21st Oct 2022, 11:50
I would imagine it'll just be for TUI Airlines Belgium since they operate the E190 already, I believe they're also using them to replace their 737-700 fleet

SWBKCB
21st Oct 2022, 12:08
I would imagine it'll just be for TUI Airlines Belgium since they operate the E190 already, I believe they're also using them to replace their 737-700 fleet

Seems like it:

“We are thrilled to add the E195-E2 to our Belgium fleet. Operating on short and medium haul routes, the new airplane is the most efficient aircraft in the market. It uses less fuel, has a longer range, while at the same time is 50% quieter and emits up to a third less carbon dioxide. The airplanes will operate mostly out of Antwerp, from where they will fly to more distant airports, which will allow us to expand into new holiday destinations from Northern Belgium”, said Marco Ciomperlik, Chief Airline Officer, TUI Group.

dmouse88
27th Oct 2022, 11:11
I see G-TUIP in SKF according to Flightradar24 today?

BHX5DME
27th Oct 2022, 11:31
I see G-TUIP in SKF according to Flightradar24 today?
It was at Victorville last week

HH6702
27th Oct 2022, 12:30
That 787 isn’t coming to the fleet anymore

787Heaven
28th Oct 2022, 00:28
That 787 isn’t coming to the fleet anymore

any sources to back this claim up?

Skipness One Foxtrot
28th Oct 2022, 01:02
It was reported elsewhere that G-TUIP was cancelled, sadly.

dmouse88
28th Oct 2022, 11:51
It was reported elsewhere that G-TUIP was cancelled, sadly.
Still registered on several internet sites as a TUI registration also in full TUI paint scheme.?. It has been at Victorville since 07/02/2022 mothballed looking at photo on planes net.https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10600623

southamptonavgeek
28th Oct 2022, 12:22
Still registered on several internet sites as a TUI registration also in full TUI paint scheme.?. It has been at Victorville since 07/02/2022 mothballed looking at photo on planes net.https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10600623

The CAA database doesn't seem to recognise G-TUIP.

noahwes09
13th Nov 2022, 18:38
Any info on when the TUI 767s will be retired?

Sotonsean
14th Nov 2022, 02:02

After a VERY QUICK and easy search online which btw is what you could have done I read on several websites the following information.

G-OBYF and G-OBYK (both leased) are to be retired from service by TUI in the first half of 2023. So that's anytime between January and May 2023.

samj
14th Nov 2022, 07:31
I thought they were going at the end of Summer 2023 season. That's been reported a few times on here?

EPRman
14th Nov 2022, 10:43
The plan as of today is the UK based 767’s stop flying for TUI at the end of October 2023. One goes back to the lessor end of November/early December ‘23 and the other Jan ‘24.

Sogee
14th Nov 2022, 18:15
Over the past few weeks TUI seem to be replacing many Dreamliner longhaul flights with Wamos Air A330s. There are lots of complaints about Wamos aircraft and service from customers.
Anyone know why TUI are doing this?

OzzyOzBorn
14th Nov 2022, 20:09
I've actually heard very complimentary feedback about the Wamos A330 ops. But it is all about opinions. However, now that TUI has gone onto Winter schedules since the clocks went back one hour, we're not likely to see much requirement for long-haul sub-charters until the start of Summer 2023 season.

jethro15
14th Nov 2022, 20:37
I've actually heard very complimentary feedback about the Wamos A330 ops. But it is all about opinions. However, now that TUI has gone onto Winter schedules since the clocks went back one hour, we're not likely to see much requirement for long-haul sub-charters until the start of Summer 2023 season.
Likewise.

Yeehaw22
14th Nov 2022, 21:00
Anyone know why TUI are doing this?

787 maintenance checks.

ZULUBOY
14th Nov 2022, 21:04
After a VERY QUICK and easy search online which btw is what you could have done I read on several websites the following information.

G-OBYF and G-OBYK (both leased) are to be retired from service by TUI in the first half of 2023. So that's anytime between January and May 2023.

What a horrible reply in your first paragraph

pamann
14th Nov 2022, 21:16

Standard PPRuNe response. Everyone on here seems to have an attitude.

bobradamus
14th Nov 2022, 22:47

Keep asking these, don’t be put off! I really enjoy reading through the different questions and answers to this stuff.:ok:

Jonty
15th Nov 2022, 06:40

What makes it hilarious is that despite the insult the info was wrong anyway!

chaps1954
15th Nov 2022, 08:06
Always find that Jethro comes up trumps with info[ ] GOBYF Boeing B767 304ER-W 28208 / 705 TUITrans to TUIfly Nordic as SERNC 20 Mar 19
Restored 26 Apr 21
To be WFU end Oct 23
[ ] GOBYK Boeing B767 38AER-W 29617 / 741 TUI
Trans to TUIfly Nordic as SERFR 09 Apr 19
Re-regd 12 May 21
MAN - Arlanda - Taiwan 04/05 Nov 21
MX
Taiwan - Dubai - MAN 10/11 Dec 21
Rtn to svc 13 Dec 21
To be WFU end Oct 23
taken from Jethrow website

samj
16th Nov 2022, 09:54
I see the 763's are still getting quite a bit of use to Cape Verde, Tenerife and even Alicante in the Winter schedule. The latter surprises me.

SJL26779
16th Nov 2022, 11:39
What makes it hilarious is that despite the insult the info was wrong anyway!

Yes, it was incorrect. the 763s are on the seat maps for S23 right up to October. Mainly Cape Verde and some Mid / short haul.

Retiring after Summer 23 has ended.

noahwes09
17th Nov 2022, 20:21

flipping hell I have searched multiple times

OltonPete
19th Nov 2022, 11:57
787 maintenance checks.

Is it the norm to have nearly 40% of the fleet (5) out at one time or are there some mandatory urgent mods or checks?

Currently two in Luton, one in Amman, one in Abu Dhabi and another en route to AUH which I assume is bringing the other one back and in the meantime Air Tanker on BHX-MBJ and two Wamos on Gatwick flights. I assume they have had to go with the flow re hangar time availability?

Pete

pabely
19th Nov 2022, 14:07
Is it the norm to have nearly 40% of the fleet (5) out at one time or are there some mandatory urgent mods or checks?

Currently two in Luton, one in Amman, one in Abu Dhabi and another en route to AUH which I assume is bringing the other one back and in the meantime Air Tanker on BHX-MBJ and two Wamos on Gatwick flights. I assume they have had to go with the flow re hangar time availability?

Pete
I think there are two off to Adu Dhabi now. With the local airline being very busy with an event currently I sure they have cheap capacity for accepting any engineering work.
With one 787 still in storage in US desert sunshine, this should some up current demand.
The 787 does still demand alot of work to keep airworthy.
Can't confirm though whether these are short term or planned leases.

Yeehaw22
24th Nov 2022, 12:51

Pete

No it's not the norm, I've never known so many long haul subcharters esp in November which is traditionally a quiet month. But at present lots of mros are very very busy and there are issues everywhere with manpower availability. I suspect that they've had to take the hangar slots than they can get rather than ones they'd choose. It would always usually be 1 in 1 out.

Vokes55
24th Nov 2022, 14:11
Covid messed up maintenance planning, which is based on hours and cycles. Some aircraft didn’t fly for a year, now most aircraft are due C-checks at the same time. Prolonged storage also resulted in issues such as corrosion, which extended hangar time during overhauls and further disrupted the maintenance schedule.

Better to do it October and November when there are gaps in the schedule, than mid-Summer or December onwards when entire lines of flying would need to be cancelled or subbed out. Some aircraft were done in May/June.

Airlines like BA were able to absorb the majority of the maintenance bottleneck because the resumption of all of their routes has been staggered, so there’s been natural gaps in the schedule. However I believe even they have at least two 777s in “storage” awaiting hangar slots.

pjex
25th Nov 2022, 16:06
Hi,

Have TUI flights booked for Xmas, have booked extra legroom seats on 737 in row 17, 4 of us in party so prefer to be in single row. Rows 3,4,5 only have legroom one side so cant all be on same row.

I have read that 737-800 doesn't have extra legroom on rows 17/18 (only 3,4,5) but 737Max does. Flight is TOM6620, anyway of checking which type it is? If we've paid for legroom but end up on 737-800 with std seats do we get a refund of legroom charge?

Matt995
25th Nov 2022, 23:12
Hi,

Have TUI flights booked for Xmas, have booked extra legroom seats on 737 in row 17, 4 of us in party so prefer to be in single row. Rows 3,4,5 only have legroom one side so cant all be on same row.

I have read that 737-800 doesn't have extra legroom on rows 17/18 (only 3,4,5) but 737Max does. Flight is TOM6620, anyway of checking which type it is? If we've paid for legroom but end up on 737-800 with std seats do we get a refund of legroom charge?

Taken from flightmapper.net:-
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/804x118/ext_cmf_2f7521e5031a464076b506be3ef0ea3fc73f2f42.png

No B737-8 Max's are currently based at Exeter

manchesterflyer2
25th Nov 2022, 23:44
Hi,

Rows 17 and 18 are extra legroom seats across both the MAX and -800 fleets.

double-oscar
26th Nov 2022, 20:24
If for some reason you don’t get the extra legroom seat you booked of course you are entitled to a refund. Mention it to the cabin crew and they can often sort the refund on the spot.

loopylee
27th Nov 2022, 17:00
Hi,

I can confirm that row 17/18 across ALL 737s have extra leg room! 👍🏼

samj
22nd Dec 2022, 10:31
Last year a kind member posted the S22 Schedule for TUI. Is there a similar for S23? Mainly interested on 767/787 doing Short Haul.

P330
22nd Dec 2022, 12:16
Last year a kind member posted the S22 Schedule for TUI. Is there a similar for S23? Mainly interested on 767/787 doing Short Haul.

Indeed. That was a really useful post. Be great to see that for S23.

Matt995
23rd Dec 2022, 19:15
Only checked the BHX base for summer 2023 so far

currently BHX base is showing 11 aircraft, 1 B789, 2 B788's, 3 B737 Maxs, 3 B738's, 2 A320's

1 B788 does go to Bristol Wednesday-Thursday, to operate their CUN & MLB Flights, but the 787 flights are as follows:-

Monday:... MEL (long haul 789), DLM x2, AYT & ACE
Tuesday:... MBL (long haul 789), PUJ (long haul), PMI, SID
Wednesday:... CUN (long haul 789), PMI, PFO
Thursday:... MEL (long haul 789), DLM, PFO
Friday:... PUJ (long haul 788), AYT (789), BOJ (789), TFS, DLM
Saturday:... MBJ (long haul 789), CUN (long haul 788), PMI, SID
Sunday:... CUN (long haul 789), MEL (long haul 788), AGP, LCA

The 2 based A320's are show as SmartLynx Estonia aircraft.

However still early days, TUI will almost certainly update their summer timetables between now and May.

samj
24th Dec 2022, 15:42
Where do we find out this information? Booking engines? I am trying to see what Greek flights the 787s will be operating out of LGW for S23

Matt995
24th Dec 2022, 15:58
Where do we find out this information? Booking engines? I am trying to see what Greek flights the 787s will be operating out of LGW for S23

Google flights is usually the best source at present.

BFS BHD
26th Dec 2022, 17:43
Anyone know what TUI will use at BFS for Summer 2023?
Saw that they may not be using Sunwing aircraft anymore.
So could it just be a TUI B737-800 or a Leased in Aircraft?

oldbalboy
26th Dec 2022, 17:54
As TUI don’t have pilots based in either BFS or Dublin it would be a leased in a/c with pilots

noahwes09
4th Jan 2023, 18:32
2 737-800s have been WFU early in December ( G-FDZU and G-TUKN ) and have been stored at Istanbul. Any more info on this?

HOVIS
4th Jan 2023, 20:50
Any info on the diverted flight from Cancun to Manchester with fighting and abusive pax. 2nd Jan 23.

ara01jbb
5th Jan 2023, 08:05
Any info on the diverted flight from Cancun to Manchester with fighting and abusive pax. 2nd Jan 23.

BY193 diverted to Bangor, Maine. Three male passengers were removed, two of them charged with federal crimes. Still in custody in US. Both British citizens, resident in Manchester, mid-thirties. Jail time in the US a possibility. Flight continued to Manchester with ± 4hr delay on arrival.

P330
9th Jan 2023, 18:37

More info here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/tui-passengers-drunk-brawl-fight-flight-b2258595.html?amp

compton3bravo
10th Jan 2023, 14:32
Another pair of England's finest!

737James
19th Jan 2023, 07:47
Is Tui UK due to get any new aircraft for Summer 2023 ? From what I can see they may be getting one more Max at the end of this month but cannot see anything further than that

Droidd
19th Jan 2023, 10:53
2 737-800s have been WFU early in December ( G-FDZU and G-TUKN ) and have been stored at Istanbul. Any more info on this?
ZU is tech I believe, unsure about KN

pabely
19th Jan 2023, 11:48
The Chief Airline Officer was quoted saying 20-30 leased in aircraft this summer so I doubt much more new due this year. They do have a 787-9 stored which might be put into service now Far East is reopening up.
They really need to 737-10 now as others are pressing ahead with 321s and they are loosing out on the trunk routes. Sure Boeing are keeping them sweet with delay payments though.

P330
19th Jan 2023, 12:49
This gives some more info on fleet plans (though I suspect doesn’t answer your specific point).

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2023-01-17/tui-trains-eye-transition-boeing-737-max-and-787-fleets?amp

VickersVicount
19th Jan 2023, 18:30
They do have a 787-9 stored
They do?

P330
19th Jan 2023, 20:18
They do?

This could be a reference to a new 789 that was ordered, built and stored (TUIP) in Feb’22. Sources say this isn’t coming and the article I linked above says all 787s now delivered.

pabely
19th Jan 2023, 20:25
Yes, stored in Charleston - Victorville

garry8g
19th Jan 2023, 21:47
Yes, stored in Charleston - Victorville

It's actually now stored in San Antonio.

pabely
20th Jan 2023, 06:34
It's actually now stored in San Antonio.
So it is. Boeing have a facility there so obviously getting some TLC for when it is needed.

Skipness One Foxtrot
20th Jan 2023, 09:47
I thought that, just like WestJet's two, G-TUIP had been cancelled? It's no longer coming to TUI surely?

Charley B
20th Jan 2023, 09:56
They certainly kept Wamos busy in 2022 at Gatwick and other airports …

pabely
20th Jan 2023, 13:21
I thought that, just like WestJet's two, G-TUIP had been cancelled? It's no longer coming to TUI surely?
Not seen anything offical and sites like planespotters.net & jethros still show them as outstanding orders. They are usually quite good at monitoring such things.

Skipness One Foxtrot
20th Jan 2023, 14:37
The two Westjet ones are still "on order" even though the company themselves have announced they're NTU. planespotters is the GOAT but not always 100%.

Wycombe
22nd Jan 2023, 08:02
They certainly kept Wamos busy in 2022 at Gatwick and other airports …

Tui do a lot of whole aircraft charters to/from the Carribean (mostly BGI) for P&O Cruises and there has been plenty of criticism on the related forums about the use of Wamos (no seat-back IFE, no premum seating - that sometimes people had paid extra for..etc etc)

azz767
22nd Jan 2023, 08:48
Tui do a lot of whole aircraft charters to/from the Carribean (mostly BGI) for P&O Cruises and there has been plenty of criticism on the related forums about the use of Wamos (no seat-back IFE, no premum seating - that sometimes people had paid extra for..etc etc)

which makes the fact they’ve got a brand new B789 sat in the desert even more questionable

Vokes55
22nd Jan 2023, 13:32
Given that it’s sat in the desert due to Boeing’s year long delivery ban and subsequent need to get a year’s worth of 787s into service, I’m not entirely sure what’s “questionable”.

Wamos have been covering aircraft that had maintenance over run due to a worldwide shortage of spare parts, as well as an aircraft that was damaged (again) by a catering truck.

Trinity 09L
22nd Jan 2023, 15:45
Ten Tom flights to and from Bridgetown over 20/21 this weekend, to Man, Gatwick, Bournemouth and Birmingham + two VS just to churn pax from one P&O ship Arvia. I was onboard VS 664 a charter to LHR is that odd a charter to LHR?

Wycombe
22nd Jan 2023, 17:17
Ten Tom flights to and from Bridgetown over 20/21 this weekend, to Man, Gatwick, Bournemouth and Birmingham + two VS just to churn pax from one P&O ship Arvia. I was onboard VS 664 a charter to LHR is that odd a charter to LHR?

For those that don't know, Arvia (which is new and has just entered service with P&O) can carry over 5000 pax, so not surprising that many a/c are needed (and maybe more) to get everyone back to the UK. It was on it's maiden to the Carribean from the UK, so in this case they were only flying one way. P&O also have Britannia (which can accomodate around 4000) in the Carribean also currently, so this is big business for the Companies that they use to transport the pax back and forth every few weeks.

I'm doing a fly-cruise myself with them in a few months (fly to TFS, return from MLA) and these flights are again mostly whole a/c charters - the short-hauls are mainly done by Tui and Jet2. If those fill up, you'll be put on a suitable scheduled flight that meets the timescales to get you to and from the ship.

Jamesair1
23rd Jan 2023, 08:00
TRINITY 09L

Re charter flights from LHR....I went on a BA charter flight out of LHR to join a Cunard flycruise out of Venice a couple of years ago.

Toastal
23rd Jan 2023, 15:53
Any ideas who will be in the frame for wet leasing out of Aberdeen thus summer?

T

SouthernAlliance
23rd Jan 2023, 16:11
Any ideas who will be in the frame for wet leasing out of Aberdeen thus summer?

T

Freebird possibly?

P330
23rd Jan 2023, 16:20
Good question. No Sunwing in the UK this summer right?

Yeehaw22
23rd Jan 2023, 16:24
Sunwing are allegedly back this summer in the same basings as s22.

P330
23rd Jan 2023, 16:58

Interesting…I thought the current winter was the last of the regular swapping.

ChilliP
24th Jan 2023, 18:01
Interesting…I thought the current winter was the last of the regular swapping.

According to Jethros today, 5 Sunwing a/c leased to TUI UK for Summer 23. First arrivals at the end of April.

humpy123
26th Jan 2023, 20:20
What about Dublin, who is doing TUI flights over the summer

Richard Taylor
27th Jan 2023, 06:20
Terrific news..... :rolleyes:

NE_Scot_ABZ
27th Jan 2023, 15:25
The delay on my TUI/Sunwings flight from Corfu to ABZ was caused by poor time keeping earlier in the day at EDI for whatever reason. The flight started off 10 minutes late out of ABZ at 0630 and landed 120 minutes late at ABZ the next morning.

NickBarnes
27th Jan 2023, 18:24
​​​​​​
pretty woeful at NWI in S22 so my feelings also, looks like this partnership will continue for the foreseeable :ouch:

pabely
27th Jan 2023, 18:44
Got to be better than very old SmartLynx / Freebird frames?

Yeehaw22
27th Jan 2023, 19:30
I just hope that sunwing and their drivers have sorted out whatever industrial relations issues they had last year and they actually want to go flying this summer. Some of the goings on last year were shameful.