PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

pabely
23rd Jul 2023, 19:42
Who actually knows if Jet2 offers seat only to Rhodes? A lot of this chatter could be academic.
Just tried on their website site, yes they do.

AirportPlanner1
24th Jul 2023, 06:08
Seen an interview with the Greek tourism minister who sounded irritated since most of Rhodes isn't on fire, so I would doubt that the cancellations are driven by Athens.

Maybe not, but it’s clear from social media and the news some pretty big package resort hotels have been evacuated and some completely destroyed. The inevitable consequence is a shortage of rooms if you continue to bring in the full quota of customers. That also applies to flight only, I suspect a number of whom would be pleased not to be forced to travel and get a refund/insurance unlike if they were with Ryanair etc.

pabely
24th Jul 2023, 06:40
Maybe not, but it’s clear from social media and the news some pretty big package resort hotels have been evacuated and some completely destroyed. The inevitable consequence is a shortage of rooms if you continue to bring in the full quota of customers. That also applies to flight only, I suspect a number of whom would be pleased not to be forced to travel and get a refund/insurance unlike if they were with Ryanair etc.
I think he has been over ruled now. Today would have been a Public Holiday but has now been cancelled. Corfu & Evia islands now also starting evacuations as they battle their own fires.

FQTLSteve
24th Jul 2023, 07:59
Hi VickersViscount I have done this a few times at BHX useful if you live a fair distance from the airport and have an early departure and need to take luggage so requiring airport hotel overnight stay. It makes sense then and you have more time to have your breakfast too!

Airbanda
24th Jul 2023, 09:32
Exactly that.

Yep. That what we did going to Madeira in April.

Parked car at Jetparks. Bus to terminal where we used evening check in. Walked to hotel and returned in the morning going direct to security.

xanda_man
24th Jul 2023, 09:49
with the launch of more Twilight Check-Ins at other UK airports, am I missing the attraction? So you need to travel to the airport for a second trip (finding and paying for parking) then lug over luggage and then go home again only to repeat it at eg 6am the next morning in order to avoid a check in queue? Suppose might be beneficial if you were overnighting in an onsite airport hotel.

It's great if you are in an on-site hotel or like me live within a 5-10 mins drive. For BHX simply park at the train station with 20 mins free parking (which has always been enough), nip over on the air-link and check in the whole family without the need to take them with me. There are dedicated twilight desks that rarely if never have a queue.

The pre 10am morning rush at BHX can be a nightmare so, assuming you're on a bucket and spade flight at 6am, then not having to queue twice at 3 or 4am for both check-in and then security for me is win/win!

2Planks
24th Jul 2023, 12:28
Looks like the Greek authorities could do with a lesson from jet2 ops. Rhodes is an island of 125k people with another 80k tourist beds (depending on which site you trust). 17 k people have already been evacuated from their accommodation, so nearly 10%. The first rule of crisis management is to stop making it worse. In this case stop sending people out.

For sure jet2 reservations will have received a lot of calls from worried future holidaymakers so they have made it easy for folks to cancel, I’m sure they have the capacity to absorb those holidaymakers onto other packages. It probably makes economic sense immediately and in the future, ie they looked after their customers by cancelling and rebooking and removed a lot of uncertainty from those worried folks. It also separates them from the vociferously outraged on the news who expect miracles to happen when stuff goes wrong, but still want a holiday for 400 quid.

davidjohnson6
24th Jul 2023, 13:35
If somebody lives in Rhodes Town or wants to self-connect in Rhodes onto a small island nearby or is on some sort of flight-only ticket... it seems rather unreasonable if an airline is refusing passage while the flight still operates
As far as I can tell, the area covering the airport and further north including Rhodes Town seems open
Some flying to Rhodes in July are NOT on a 1-week package. Reality is usually more nuanced than the headlines suggest

pug
24th Jul 2023, 13:46
If somebody lives in Rhodes Town or wants to self-connect in Rhodes onto a small island nearby or is on some sort of flight-only ticket... it seems rather unreasonable if an airline is refusing passage while the flight still operates
As far as I can tell, the area covering the airport and further north including Rhodes Town seems open
Some flying to Rhodes in July are NOT on a 1-week package. Reality is usually more nuanced than the headlines suggest

They aren’t ‘refusing passage’, they have made a decision to cancel the outbound flights for customers booked this week as it is simply not possible to transport the passengers to hotels/resorts that may not even be safe to visit. They are therefore using the schedules to repatriate customers who have been affected. How would it be in any way a responsible decision to continue to run these schedules with the information they have to hand?

If there are any passengers who have booked a seat only ticket then they will invariably be dealt with on an individual basis, but I doubt there will be many (if any) seat only passengers and the company will have had this information to hand prior to making this decision.

davidjohnson6
24th Jul 2023, 13:56
Booking.com reports plenty of hotels with space TONIGHT in Rhodes Town, Faliraki and nearby at about £100 per night.
The (few) resorts in the south east of the island are burning... the north is not.

ATNotts
24th Jul 2023, 14:09

That was exactly the point I was making at the outset.

Package tours are one thing; passengers travelling independently are another. If Jet2 is an airline, then passengers who have booked independently should still not be having their flying summarily canned. I do appreciate that possibly, it may not be possible to differentiate between the ticket held by an IT passenger and an independent passenger, but surely for revenue allocation purposes there must be a different series of ticket numbers for IT and independently booked passengers, at least on a flight that was open to be booked on Jet2.com as opposed to Jet2 Holidays.

Stopping all travel to Rhodes (or anywhere else for that matter) appears lazy, and unnecessarily impacts those with reasons other than a package holiday for flying to the island; unless of course the Greek government has banned inbound passengers, or the UK Foreign Office advises against all travel to the area, neither of which is the case yet.

LBAflyer22
24th Jul 2023, 14:13
Booking.com reports plenty of hotels with space TONIGHT in Rhodes Town, Faliraki and nearby at about £100 per night.
The (few) resorts in the south east of the island are burning... the north is not.

The North and Western coast may not be. But the whole point is they've displaced a couple of resorts and the hotels/tourists. Lindos and surrounding resorts have really grown in popularity so there will be a lot of displaced tourists. That is a lot of additional rooms to find in the North/West of the island so it is correct to stop, for now at least, any tourists arriving into Rhodes.

From there the Tour Operators, FCO (not that they are much use), and Greek authorities will be able to understand the scale and impact this has had on the resorts affected and then displace the tourists around the island so that they can enjoy their holiday.

SWBKCB
24th Jul 2023, 14:14
Lazy? Maybe they've got other things to think about.

pug
24th Jul 2023, 14:22
That was exactly the point I was making at the outset.

Package tours are one thing; passengers travelling independently are another. If Jet2 is an airline, then passengers who have booked independently should still not be having their flying summarily canned. I do appreciate that possibly, it may not be possible to differentiate between the ticket held by an IT passenger and an independent passenger, but surely for revenue allocation purposes there must be a different series of ticket numbers for IT and independently booked passengers, at least on a flight that was open to be booked on Jet2.com as opposed to Jet2 Holidays.

Stopping all travel to Rhodes (or anywhere else for that matter) appears lazy, and unnecessarily impacts those with reasons other than a package holiday for flying to the island; unless of course the Greek government has banned inbound passengers, or the UK Foreign Office advises against all travel to the area, neither of which is the case yet.

Or, as I said in my previous post, there weren’t any passengers who had booked seat only at all. It is possible these days that the people booked on the flights were all on package holidays.

It may well be that if there were seat only passengers booked then they would be given travel, it’s not unheard of, especially at the start of a season, to only have one or two passengers on the empty return leg.

Jet2Holidays tend to have hotels contracts and do not own outright. The ones on booking.com may not be Jet2 contracted accommodation providers. I also expect that many of the people affected may not really want to hang around in Rhodes after what has happened.

Let’s face it, one thing they are not doing is leaving passengers stranded. I understand they have deployed more people to the island to help too.

ATNotts
24th Jul 2023, 14:46
Pug,

I understand exactly what you mean but people like ourselves who avoid IT holidays like the plague may well have booked hotels, tavernas or perhaps even chartered a boat and booked return flights with Jet2.

If they have their flights cancelled, while they will get refunded for that booking they would probably lose the money they have paid for accommodation and you can bet insurance companies will refuse to pay out if the property was still available.

Can't fault Jet2 Holidays, or the other tour operators for the prompt action they have taken to get their package customers home, but that is a different issue.

pug
24th Jul 2023, 15:07
Pug,

I understand exactly what you mean but people like ourselves who avoid IT holidays like the plague may well have booked hotels, tavernas or perhaps even chartered a boat and booked return flights with Jet2.

If they have their flights cancelled, while they will get refunded for that booking they would probably lose the money they have paid for accommodation and you can bet insurance companies will refuse to pay out if the property was still available.

Can't fault Jet2 Holidays, or the other tour operators for the prompt action they have taken to get their package customers home, but that is a different issue.

I am confident all of those points will have been considered prior to making the decision they have made, which leads me to believe that the passengers booked are all on Jet2Holidays packages. I could be wrong but I don’t believe they would bar anyone from travelling on a seat only ticket unless there was Greek or U.K. Authority intervention.

ATNotts
24th Jul 2023, 15:16
I am confident all of those points will have been considered prior to making the decision they have made, which leads me to believe that the passengers booked are all on Jet2Holidays packages. I could be wrong but I don’t believe they would bar anyone from travelling on a seat only ticket unless there was Greek or U.K. Authority intervention.
If you are wrong it won't take long before affected passengers 'take to social media'!

pug
24th Jul 2023, 15:50
If you are wrong it won't take long before affected passengers 'take to social media'!

Indeed, and I can assure you that every decision that is being made is being done so with the customer as priority. They really do take that very seriously, and they also appreciate how important it is to offer such service to ensure people keep rebooking. This is why I’m confident that all affected customers will have been consulted - and they certainly won’t have made the decisions without considering the aspects you have outlined in your posts.

mmeteesside
24th Jul 2023, 16:56
Credit where it is due Jet2 have managed to find, crew and send 4 additional aircraft this afternoon (2 738s from LBA, 1 738 from BHX and 1 321 from MAN) to get extra customers home on top of this afternoons scheduled flights.

AirportPlanner1
24th Jul 2023, 17:22
It’s known there are airlines still running flights to Rhodes as scheduled. If there are any flight-only pax hit by ‘unnecessarily’ cancelled Jet2 flights, isn’t it possible Jet2 have rebooked them on other carriers? The fact we’ve not heard from such people I assume means either they don’t exist or they’ve been adequately looked after.

Bam Thwok
24th Jul 2023, 20:15

Many have, on numerous forums, and the vast majority have been in support of J2’s decision on effectively cancelling all the outbound sectors.
There initially was a lot of concern from flight only pax not wanting to travel but hesitant to cancel as they would lose their money. These worries were addressed when J2 announced the cancellations and they now knew they would receive a full refund.

It’s been clear for some time now that J2.com has become the holiday company’s in-house airline…. just as you previous infer with regards to TUI.
J2 Holidays effectively dictates where “their” airline goes and who gets first dibs on the available seats. That becomes very clear if you try to book a flight only seat on the early flight on a route that operates twice daily !

Yes, of course there will be some that are miffed that their “flight only” has been cancelled when the events in Rhodes perhaps don’t directly personally affect them. But I’m certain they are few and they can easily rebook with another carrier in the safe knowledge that their refund will be processed in due course.

I’m sure that J2’s reasoning in its decision to cancel so many flights and holidays will be proved to be very astute in the long run.
They’ve rarely been proved wrong.

VickersVicount
25th Jul 2023, 07:58
“…quick get those 2* Bulgaria packages filled asap”

Flying Hi
25th Jul 2023, 08:10
“…quick get those 2* Bulgaria packages filled asap”
That'll be an eye opener after looking forward to 4* Rhodes. :zzz:

samj
31st Jul 2023, 12:15
I notice the A330's have been mixed up a bit. The World2Fly one is now operating some PMI/TFS flights, so not doing it's usual FAO/DLM, which has now been covered by the AirTanker pairing over the last week or so. Was this a planned amendment for the school holidays? As I am sure the World2Fly one has much more capacity does it not?

SamuelDonuts
31st Jul 2023, 12:32
I notice the A330's have been mixed up a bit. The World2Fly one is now operating some PMI/TFS flights, so not doing itsusual FAO/DLM, which has now been covered by the AirTanker pairing over the last week or so. Was this a planned amendment for the school holidays? As I am sure the World2Fly one has much more capacity does it not?

The A333 has 61 more seats

samj
31st Jul 2023, 13:13
Given there are an extra 61 seats - I am guessing this was planned by Jet2 to coincide with the school holidays?

simoncorbett
31st Jul 2023, 14:14
What’s the seating capacity for A321 v A321NEO ?
Thanks

Bam Thwok
31st Jul 2023, 14:20
what’s the seating capacity for a321 v a321neo ?
Thanks​​​

ceo - 220 neo - 232

P330
9th Aug 2023, 06:41
Just wondering how prevalent whiskey patterns are with Jet2.

I’ve noticed this summer that the Wednesday Ibiza flight from Newcastle is actually a whiskey Leeds operation. I didn’t think Jet2 did these? Does it happen anywhere else with Jet2? In such a case, do the crew do a 4 sector shift?

Whats interesting is, Jet2 usually have a spare in Newcastle on a Tue/Wed so not sure why a ‘w’ would be needed.

fl dutchman
9th Aug 2023, 10:41
I Believe the "spare aircraft" on Tue/Wed may be to do with maintenance.

SamuelDonuts
9th Aug 2023, 10:50
Just wondering how prevalent whiskey patterns are with Jet2.

I’ve noticed this summer that the Wednesday Ibiza flight from Newcastle is actually a whiskey Leeds operation. I didn’t think Jet2 did these? Does it happen anywhere else with Jet2? In such a case, do the crew do a 4 sector shift?

Whats interesting is, Jet2 usually have a spare in Newcastle on a Tue/Wed so not sure why a ‘w’ would be needed.

They aren’t too common as a rule but there are a few going around at the moment such as this, usually U.K.-PMI-LBA/MAN, but obviously it incurs costs to get the crew back to their respective base.

“spare” frame doesn’t always mean spare - there are maintenance slots built in to the schedule, both to cover routine maintenance and maintain flexibility/cover AOG.

P330
9th Aug 2023, 13:56
Thanks - particularly with respect to the ‘spare’.

MANFAN
10th Aug 2023, 14:35
Flying to Tenerife tomorrow from Manchester at 15:50. Received an email a few months ago stating the flight would be operated by Air Tanker. I have just noticed on FR24 that the equipment for this flight tomorrow (11/08) is 333, so is it the World2Fly aircraft?
Not had an emailing ref this change but certainly not complaining!
I assume it's decked out with Jet2 interior and cabin crew? Are the flight deck crew working for World2Fly or another company?

ImagineIf
10th Aug 2023, 15:21
It will be world2fly if 330-300, CSWFP is the registration.

They have swapped flying lines with AirTanker at the moment.

Flight Crew will be world2fly, Cabin Crew from Jet2 and it does not have Jet2 interior. Dated but comfortable chunky blue leather seats.

MANFAN
10th Aug 2023, 16:33

Flight Crew will be world2fly, Cabin Crew from Jet2 and it does not have Jet2 interior. Dated but comfortable chunky blue leather seats.

Thanks a lot for the info :)
Looking forward to it!

samj
11th Aug 2023, 12:59

Howcome they have swapped? Was this planned? With CS-WFP being Y388 v the Y327 for the x2 Air Tanker it must have had a large impact on daily operation - with not enough seats on some of the Airtanker, and then 61 spare the world2fly?!

chaps1954
12th Aug 2023, 08:20
Suppose a bit of a swap on routes doing better than others.

ImagineIf
16th Aug 2023, 13:33
Howcome they have swapped? Was this planned? With CS-WFP being Y388 v the Y327 for the x2 Air Tanker it must have had a large impact on daily operation - with not enough seats on some of the Airtanker, and then 61 spare the world2fly?!

The swap will have been planned in advance, a case of identifying where those extra seats on WFP can be allocated in the summer peak. It is only on certain dates it has happened too, WFP is still seeing FAO/DLM on some days. What is more, all of the A330's are serving destinations that Jet2 are also operating their own metal too. So there are multiple options to fix any over spill of passengers following a capacity change.

P330
17th Aug 2023, 15:37
So, another nerdy operational question.

A few weeks ago, we pretty much established that NCL’s aircraft allocation isn’t random with new build 737s the priority.

Now here is another question. Within a peak base of 9 aircraft; ‘BD’ is off to Tenerife today for the 10th successive day. Between the 20th July and the 8th August, if flew there 12 out of 19 times.

When there is a random chance of 1 in 9 afternoon destinations, most usually the lengthier sectors, why one aircraft on one route? Pretty much all are new build so in theory the same, all are back home by 2-3 am the next morning so one night’s arrival shouldn’t determine the next day’s plan.

The stats seem to suggest this isn’t random but I can’t think of a rational explanation?

pamann
17th Aug 2023, 15:49
B757 G-LSAK appears to be operating ex STN since the 14th. Was this planned? I thought the B757 fleet was based out of MAN only?

Flying Hi
17th Aug 2023, 15:57
B757 G-LSAK appears to be operating ex STN since the 14th. Was this planned? I thought the B757 fleet was based out of MAN only?
I wondered that too having spotted it ex Malta 2 hours late after an on time(ish) arrival.
Maybe an aircraft passenger seating capacity thing on a not so common destination needing 757s extra seats and G-LSAK being a spare atm?

garry8g
17th Aug 2023, 17:35

It's standing in for the HiFly A321 lease while it’s having maintenance.

LiamNCL
17th Aug 2023, 22:06
So, another nerdy operational question.

A few weeks ago, we pretty much established that NCL’s aircraft allocation isn’t random with new build 737s the priority.

Now here is another question. Within a peak base of 9 aircraft; ‘BD’ is off to Tenerife today for the 10th successive day. Between the 20th July and the 8th August, if flew there 12 out of 19 times.

When there is a random chance of 1 in 9 afternoon destinations, most usually the lengthier sectors, why one aircraft on one route? Pretty much all are new build so in theory the same, all are back home by 2-3 am the next morning so one night’s arrival shouldn’t determine the next day’s plan.

The stats seem to suggest this isn’t random but I can’t think of a rational explanation?

G-JZBD is one of a few able to go down the T16/T13 Tango Routes to the canarys i believe which is why its assigned to TFS.

P330
17th Aug 2023, 22:31
Well that is interesting….it would make sense though I wonder why only specific aircraft in the fleet can do this?

SamuelDonuts
18th Aug 2023, 03:14
Well that is interesting….it would make sense though I wonder why only specific aircraft in the fleet can do this?

It’s to do with the oceanic airspace requirements in terms of radios. Any aircraft operating in that airspace must have a certain type of radio/software installed for comms and position reports, and not all of the Boeing fleet have it. Someone else might be able to explain it better than me.

Flying Wild
18th Aug 2023, 08:12
It’s to do with the oceanic airspace requirements in terms of radios. Any aircraft operating in that airspace must have a certain type of radio/software installed for comms and position reports, and not all of the Boeing fleet have it. Someone else might be able to explain it better than me.

In early 2021, ICAO mandated that all flights operating at higher levels within NAT-HLA airspace must have a CPDLC and surveillance capability. The only exception to this were routes defined as Special Routes such as Tango 9 and Tango 290.

NAT-HLA airspace requires technology know as FANS (Future Air Navigation System). Unsurprisingly the 737 isn't equipped with this kind of hardware/software by default. Jet2 has been working with a supplier to develop the required hardware/software and it will eventually be fitted to approximately 60 737s.

P330
18th Aug 2023, 08:14
Brilliant - thanks for the explanations all.

alstaff
19th Aug 2023, 16:23
Have booked an holiday to Fuerteventura with jet2. flight no ls 1229 next April, i appreciate this is a long time in advance, the seat plan is showing an aircraft with 40 rows, any ideas what aircraft this may be.

cheers
Alan

Flying Hi
19th Aug 2023, 17:52
Have booked an holiday to Fuerteventura with jet2. flight no ls 1229 next April, i appreciate this is a long time in advance, the seat plan is showing an aircraft with 40 rows, any ideas what aircraft this may be.

cheers
Alan
Until last year we flew BHX - FUE on LS1229 several times. Aircraft always a 737 but now they're trying the odd A321 out of BHX, who knows
Afternoon dep gets you into FUE too late for hitel restsurant so take Butties. Lol.
First time (2017) it seemed to us that the coaches wsited until the other JET2 FUE had decanted before doing the hotel rounds so thereafter we booked a Jet2 taxi. So much easier - and a darned sight quicker if Corralejo bound.

Matt2725
19th Aug 2023, 21:04

cheers
Alan

40 rows would be an A321-251NX (A321NEO).

P330
22nd Aug 2023, 11:49
Anyone know what happened to ex-Sunwing G-JZBY? Was due earlier this year but no sign?

garry8g
22nd Aug 2023, 15:25
Anyone know what happened to ex-Sunwing G-JZBY? Was due earlier this year but no sign?

It's currently sitting at Toronto(YYZ), since 21st July 23, having been at Hamilton(YHM) for maintenance since 29th December 22.

Karl Denton
27th Aug 2023, 15:12
Looks like AC is going from Manchester to Leeds around 18:00 today. Wont have had a 75 in Leeds for a while

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1792/img_2834_3bff6de1851d3b370428961d9bc3ddc1e4be3056.jpeg

SWBKCB
27th Aug 2023, 16:25
Where is maintenance on the 757's done?

flybar
27th Aug 2023, 17:19
Looks like AC is going from Manchester to Leeds around 18:00 today. Wont have had a 75 in Leeds for a while

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1792/img_2834_3bff6de1851d3b370428961d9bc3ddc1e4be3056.jpeg
Working a delayed LS365 to Naples and return

P330
28th Aug 2023, 09:35
Did this happen?

From what I can see the Naples passengers are still stuck along with lots of PMI holidaymakers.

Flying Hi
28th Aug 2023, 11:14
Did this happen?

From what I can see on FR24 the Naples passengers are still stuck along with lots of PMI holidaymakers.
G-DRTM jusr arrived in Italy c12.10 UK time.
G-LSAC seems to be on some sort of IBZ + PMI run. Can't figure it out from FR24

Flying Wild
28th Aug 2023, 11:29
A lot of disruption caused by Baleric weather yesterday, now NATS has fallen over and large delays into/out of UK airspace.

Matt995
29th Aug 2023, 00:17
not goods news for Jet2, new A321neo G-SUNB had engine issues on departure from Bodrum on the 25th August, possible new engine required?:-

Incident: Jet2 A21N at Bodrum on Aug 25th 2023, engine surges (http://avherald.com/h?article=50d8c1af&opt=0)

milhouse999
29th Aug 2023, 05:59
not goods news for Jet2, new A321neo G-SUNB had engine issues on departure from Bodrum on the 25th August, possible new engine required?:-

Incident: Jet2 A21N at Bodrum on Aug 25th 2023, engine surges (http://avherald.com/h?article=50d8c1af&opt=0)
Quite a few (valid) questions on there regarding why it flew for 90 minutes on one engine? It was right overhead Bodrum yet decided to divert to Antalya. On one engine?

V_2
29th Aug 2023, 06:47
Was it initially over max landing weight? If you got to burn 90mins worth of fuel might as well go towards a better divert. Remember These Neo engines presumably are etops approved to 180mins! although likely jet2 wouldn’t have paid for that piece of paper.

Rebak
29th Aug 2023, 07:11
Quite a few (valid) questions on there regarding why it flew for 90 minutes on one engine? It was right overhead Bodrum yet decided to divert to Antalya. On one engine?

Runway in use at BJV was 10L - the MISAP is toward high and scary high ground - fully laden aircraft on one engine trying to do a missed approach isn’t wise.

A great team effort. Well done all.

brian70
29th Aug 2023, 08:15
Today's LS931 to Malta has been cancelled, any particular reason for this as Jet2 don't tend to cancel that many flights?

ETOPS
29th Aug 2023, 08:31
Er Brian - have you seen the news?

brian70
29th Aug 2023, 08:43
Er Brian - have you seen the news?
Unfortunately not, I'm in Malta at the moment and due home on Sunday so was curious as to what was happening with there only being 3 flights a week from here to Manchester and I'm sure they won't fit 2 flights worth of passengers on one aircraft on Thursday

1889LS
29th Aug 2023, 11:41
Wouldn’t be surprised to Jet2 in Gatwick soon, one way or another.

discussions elsewhere regarding Jet2 buying BAs European operation at Gatwick, while rumours are also circulating that EZY are to reduce their Gatwick base by a dozen aircraft and return leases slots to B who will surely want a new airline to occupy these and keep them valid.

BA318
29th Aug 2023, 11:42
Rumour BA are considering selling their LGW BA Euroflyer to Jet2: https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2023/08/29/is-british-airways-about-to-sell-its-gatwick-shorthaul-operation-to-holiday-airline-jet2/

Link Kilo
29th Aug 2023, 12:04
Rumour BA are considering selling their LGW BA Euroflyer to Jet2: https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2023/08/29/is-british-airways-about-to-sell-its-gatwick-shorthaul-operation-to-holiday-airline-jet2/

The rumour is based on this post: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/654439-ba-jet2-secret-meeting-leeds.html)

Kevgti
30th Aug 2023, 18:27
Isn't it more likely that BA are looking to sell/lease LGW slots to LS that EZY are apparently no longer wanting?

Cazza_fly
30th Aug 2023, 21:51
Isn't it more likely that BA are looking to sell/lease LGW slots to LS that EZY are apparently no longer wanting?

Exactly that. That single "news article" smells of nothing but amateurish journalism. Something almost made up to try and get attention. Honestly find it appalling and quite laughable really. They have obviously found a 2 and a 2 and tried to make a 5....

simoncorbett
31st Aug 2023, 06:12
I think it more likely-but still not likely ! BA has spare LGW slots they don’t use or currently rent out to EasyJet that they MAY be discussing…. Jet 2 did operate last winter from Gatwick for a cruise line

pabely
31st Aug 2023, 06:53

Still stuck at AYT do very likely a full engine change required.
https://simpleflying.com/jet2-airbus-a321neo-returns-bodrum-engine-flames-spotted/

Wycombe
31st Aug 2023, 07:56
I think it more likely-but still not likely ! BA has spare LGW slots they don’t use or currently rent out to EasyJet that they MAY be discussing…. Jet 2 did operate last winter from Gatwick for a cruise line
....which was P&O, as I was on one of them to TFS in March. It was the last of the winter series operated from LGW.

pug
31st Aug 2023, 08:29
Still stuck at AYT do very likely a full engine change required.
https://simpleflying.com/jet2-airbus-a321neo-returns-bodrum-engine-flames-spotted/

Suspect they may be trying to get it out of AYT for further investigation elsewhere.

What a poorly worded article by the aptly named Simple Flying. ‘Do you think the pilots handled the situation well (after implying that they just hung around circling Bodrum for 40 minutes before finally diverting to AYT) - comment in the section below’. Luckily nobody appears to have bothered commenting.

As for buying an entire airline just to acquire slots at an airport, along with the suggestion that parts of HQ were cordoned off and ‘trust me cos a skipper said it’s true’ I’m calling BS on that for now, unless they are purely acquiring slots that have been leased to Easyjet as mentioned previously which would allow for a based operation. They do currently operate out of Gatwick in Winter but this is to service charter contracts whilst the Jet2 program are quiet and LGW isn’t so slot constrained.

Mr A Tis
4th Sep 2023, 16:17
G-SUNB still in Antalya after 10 days. Any updates? Is there an engine change planned.Have they had to hire in any replacement capacity or are the 757s covering ?

ATNotts
4th Sep 2023, 16:44
G-SUNB still in Antalya after 10 days. Any updates? Is there an engine change planned.Have they had to hire in any replacement capacity or are the 757s covering ?
A Cavok AN12 left BHX bound for AYT today apparently carrying an engine.

2+2 = 4, or perhaps 5?

WHBM
5th Sep 2023, 05:57
A Cavok AN12 left BHX bound for AYT today apparently carrying an engine.

Wonder who is paying for that. Engine still under warranty ?

Jonty
5th Sep 2023, 07:37
Wonder who is paying for that. Engine still under warranty ?

it’s only done just over a thousand hours, so I would imagine so. Depends what’s happened to it.

SWBKCB
5th Sep 2023, 15:51
Robin Terrell will succeed Jet2 plc founder and former executive char Philip Meeson, the airline and operator has confirmed.Meeson announced his intention to step down as executive chair in July (https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jet2-executive-chair-philip-meeson-to-step-down-after-40-years-41213); his remaining executive responsibilities have now been fully handed over to senior independent non-executive director Terrell, who has been appointed non-executive chair. The Jet2 board said practical experience of the business and its culture, plus strong relationships with the senior management team, were key criteria for any appointment to ensure continuity of culture and strategy.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/robin-terrell-to-succeed-philip-meeson-as-jet2-non-executive-chairman-42147

Mr A Tis
7th Sep 2023, 11:56
G-SUNB is finally on its way back to Manchester after two weeks in Antalya, presumably with a new engine.

Jamesair1
7th Sep 2023, 15:40
Expansion at EDI next year with one extra aircraft and new routes

Seljuk
9th Sep 2023, 11:46
Expansion at EDI next year with one extra aircraft and new routes
Some more details: 7th based aircraft for EDI and two new routes to Rome and Malta
https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/09/Major_expansion_at_Edinburgh_Airport_new_routes_additional_c apacity_and_extra_aircraft_

1889LS
9th Sep 2023, 21:45
Morocco to be announced. Announcement may be delayed due to the earthquake there.

chinapattern
10th Sep 2023, 18:08
Reportedly Agadir and Marrakech from BHX, BRS, MAN and STN for Winter 24

HH6702
11th Sep 2023, 17:28

NCL??

LBAflyer22
11th Sep 2023, 20:05

Lead to believe Agadir will be more than those 4 bases. Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, Glasgow too.

chinapattern
11th Sep 2023, 20:36
Lead to believe Agadir will be more than those 4 bases. Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, Glasgow too.

Wouldn’t be surprised, if Jet2 are looking to expand their winter programme I can’t see it just being limited to the bigger bases.

AirportPlanner1
11th Sep 2023, 22:08

That would be a substantial expansion of the UK market into Agadir if true. Currently just a few flights a week between EZY, FR, TUI from their main bases. When I went about 10 years ago it was even smaller.

Kc4475
16th Sep 2023, 11:33
We’ve booked a holiday next year flying man to Tenerife. There where Two flights available to choose one departing 15:20 possibly a 737 and one departing 15:45 which looks to be on a a330.
Is it likely that both these flights will operate or will one get dropped depending on passenger numbers ?

chaps1954
17th Sep 2023, 08:02
I would say just look at how many flights there are to TFS a week

RA85684
17th Sep 2023, 08:25
I would say Jet2 are pretty good. If they schedule it, they operate it. As a general rule.

Things could obviously still change but I don’t reckon there’s much risk involved in booking either of those flights.

17th Sep 2023, 09:10
Is there any word on more 757 withdrawals or going in to warm storage this year? Looking at the winter schedule to TFS/ACE/FUE/LPA, the 757s don't appear to be featured much, with most of the work there utilising the A321 fleet.

Skipness One Foxtrot
28th Sep 2023, 16:35
Avgeek question. Jet2 charges for desk check in and encourages you to check in online. Happy to do so, but if I drop my bag and ask nicely for a paper boarding card (souvenir) having presented my iPhone complete with digital boarding card, is THAT chargeable. Never had an issue yet but just want to be sure....

P330
28th Sep 2023, 17:56
Every time I have flown with Jet2, I’ve had the option to reprint at the airport. Don’t think you’ll have a problem.

Downwind_Left
28th Sep 2023, 18:04
On my last Jet2 flight from STN I was given a paper boarding card when dropping my bag, despite having checked in online and having shown my mobile boarding card.

pax britanica
28th Sep 2023, 18:27
I flew BRS to Corfu 3 weeks ago and due to some mix up my travel agent had not booked us seats and the three of us were scattered around . A problem as My wife has recently had an Op that might compromise use of a drop down O2 mask .I asked at the airport if it could be sorted so at least I or my daughter sat with her. No fuss despite a very full flight -lots of clicking away on terminal and three seats together get assigned . Paper bording passes and no hint of having to pay for it or what a nuisance it was. I rate their staff very highly

PB

Skipness One Foxtrot
28th Sep 2023, 22:02
Thanks all, love how useful pprune can be.

1889LS
2nd Oct 2023, 19:37
G-SUNF has started test flights today. Should be delivered within 10 days or so. G-SUNE not far behind. G-SUNG now on the production line.

OltonPete
2nd Oct 2023, 20:05
G-SUNF has started test flights today. Should be delivered within 10 days or so. G-SUNE not far behind. G-SUNG now on the production line.

Would that mean BHX gets it first A21N when number 6 arrives?

The booking engine shows an aircraft with 232 seats from 14 December on Tenerife.

Pete

sportzbar
3rd Oct 2023, 04:47
Would that mean BHX gets it first A21N when number 6 arrives?

The booking engine shows an aircraft with 232 seats from 14 December on Tenerife.

Pete
It would appear so as the Jet2 NEO layout seats 232.

alstaff
3rd Oct 2023, 12:32
We have booked a week away next April to Fuerteventura with Jet2 and the seat plan shows an aircraft with 40 rows so would think this could be a 321 neo

alstaff
3rd Oct 2023, 12:34
from Birmingham that is.

azz767
3rd Oct 2023, 14:17
What will happen to the CEO’s then? Will they stay at BHX, or with neos arriving could the neo’s replace them and the CEO’s add capacity at other bases until more NEO’s come, I’m mainly thinking STN or NCL

Flying Wild
4th Oct 2023, 11:56
What will happen to the CEO’s then? Will they stay at BHX, or with neos arriving could the neo’s replace them and the CEO’s add capacity at other bases until more NEO’s come, I’m mainly thinking STN or NCL
Airbus to be at MAN and BHX for 24, expanding to EDI for 25. They will be based as capacity requirement dictate.

Mcvicker03
4th Oct 2023, 12:31
when is this expected to be announced

azz767
4th Oct 2023, 14:43
Airbus to be at MAN and BHX for 24, expanding to EDI for 25. They will be based as capacity requirement dictate.

Will that be a mix of NEO and CEO at both or will the 3 CEO’s remain at one of the two bases?

The Flying Stool
4th Oct 2023, 14:50
The NEOs seat 232 passengers where as the CEOs seat 220 passengers. When more A321NEOs are delivered, I can see the CEOs being disposed of as they are a bit of an oddball in the fleet.

samj
4th Oct 2023, 17:12
What's plan for A330's next Summer 24? Will it be the same as this year?

Flying Hi
4th Oct 2023, 17:50
Looks like G-GDFT 737-300 hadn't turned a wherl since August.
Is it destined for beer can factory, overwinter storage, or on a Check?
At c25 years old its not as ancient as some of what are becoming 'heritage' :) airframes.

chinapattern
4th Oct 2023, 18:00
when is this expected to be announced

Announcement was put back due to the earthquake in Morocco.

Kevgti
4th Oct 2023, 18:18
The NEOs seat 232 passengers where as the CEOs sea 220 passengers. When more A321NEOs are delivered, I can see the CEOs being disposed of as they are a bit of an oddball in the fleet.
I'd expect that if there are enough A321neo (and other frames i.e. 738/320neo) at the time of lease expiry they will be let go.....as you say a sub-fleet of 3 isn't optimal

BOHEuropean
4th Oct 2023, 18:28
At c25 years old its not as ancient as some of what are becoming 'heritage' :) airframes.

Heavy maintenance check at Dublin. Aircraft has 52,075 hours on the clock as at 31-Jul-2023

Kevgti
4th Oct 2023, 18:30
733's will keep flying until no longer economically viable and suitable alternative frames are available...some of 752's have 10 years on this one so expect it to be around for a few years yet.

P330
5th Oct 2023, 13:02
Summer 2025 went on sale today!

P330
6th Oct 2023, 16:56
Looks like Jet2 is increasing their lead over TUI in the UK.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Jet2-increases-its-lead-over-TUI-as-the-UK-s-top-tour-operator

pabely
6th Oct 2023, 18:56
Looks like Jet2 is increasing their lead over TUI in the UK.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Jet2-increases-its-lead-over-TUI-as-the-UK-s-top-tour-operator
According to Wikipedia TUI UK have 71 aircraft vs Jet2 with 102 so hardly surprising but remember TUI as a Group is far larger. They have been held back by Max, still don't known when the Max10s will arrive which should have replaced 757s on trunk routes.

Ask who Jet2 are to a German, Dutch or Belgium customer and they will say Jet who?

ATNotts
6th Oct 2023, 19:46
According to Wikipedia TUI UK have 71 aircraft vs Jet2 with 102 so hardly surprising but remember TUI as a Group is far larger. They have been held back by Max, still don't known when the Max10s will arrive which should have replaced 757s on trunk routes.

Ask who Jet2 are to a German, Dutch or Belgium customer and they will say Jet who?
Thanks to Brexit it is probably less likely Germans, Dutch or Belgians will ever become familiar with the Jet2 brand, even though the name Jet2 would be quite usable in all those countries.

Their best route into the EU would of course be an Irish operation, with an Dublin based fleet on the EI register. Then the could buy smaller independent tour operators on the European mainland and service them using the EI fleet.

Would it happen? Unlikely in the short term, but medium term who knows.

pug
6th Oct 2023, 20:03
Thanks to Brexit it is probably less likely Germans, Dutch or Belgians will ever become familiar with the Jet2 brand, even though the name Jet2 would be quite usable in all those countries.

Their best route into the EU would of course be an Irish operation, with an Dublin based fleet on the EI register. Then the could buy smaller independent tour operators on the European mainland and service them using the EI fleet.

Would it happen? Unlikely in the short term, but medium term who knows.

Doubt they’d be interested in venturing outside of the U.K. they’re confident there’s plenty more growth to be had here. Perhaps when that’s exhausted.. That said, they seem to have tapped into a very British market and exploited that all-in-one holiday booking and customer focus that got lost in the low-cost era. They have done exceptionally well at this.

WHBM
7th Oct 2023, 11:17
No, they will probably say "Ah yes, that holiday organisation we saw being checked in at Palma or Tenerife, with uniformed staff out managing the families, chatting to the kids, and multiple desks open, while we were all in a single tedious queue as our handling agent had been beaten down to minimum price.

Jayg742
9th Oct 2023, 12:51
Anyone have an idea of ongoing recruitment at the moment, how long can you expect to hear back from an application or is recruitment on hold now until just before spring?

BOHEuropean
10th Oct 2023, 07:02
Another two Boeing 737-800s are joining the fleet; G-JZDD an G-JZDE - not sure of MSNs

G-AZUK
10th Oct 2023, 08:20

They will say - "Ah they're a British Airline that didn't benefit from a 4 Billion Euro German government subsidy and yet are still profitable yah?"

Flying Wild
10th Oct 2023, 09:11
Anyone have an idea of ongoing recruitment at the moment, how long can you expect to hear back from an application or is recruitment on hold now until just before spring?
Recruitment is year round. No idea of how long it will take for you to hear back.

Yeehaw22
10th Oct 2023, 09:15
They will say - "Ah they're a British Airline that didn't benefit from a 4 Billion Euro German government subsidy and yet are still profitable yah?"

Subsidy? Really? :rolleyes:

vectisman
10th Oct 2023, 10:25
If you do some research on the TUI German Government covid loans you will find out that two large repayments have been made with more to come.
I think you will also find that Jet2 workers benefited from our Government's furlough scheme.
So all in all a rather pointless remark by your yourself.
I have no connection with TUI or Jet2

alstaff
10th Oct 2023, 10:39
Agree vectisman, some people don't seem to realise without competition there probably wouldn't be competitive prices (I use jet2, tui and easy jet) and have no leaning to any of them.

NBLG
10th Oct 2023, 11:14

I think it depends on the role being applied for. Cabin crew recruitment is not year round, and I believe has just opened and from memory a response is usually within a couple of weeks. They occasionally reopen it for specific bases at other times of year depending upon their needs.

Seljuk
12th Oct 2023, 16:33
Summer 2025 went on sale today!

Anyone knows the exact number of a/c to be based at the mentioned airports?
To support this huge and unrivalled programme, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have invested in additional aircraft that will come into operation at Birmingham, Liverpool John Lennon, London Stansted and Manchester Airports. In addition, three brand-new Airbus A321 neo aircraft will be based at Edinburgh Airport for Summer 25. This means the companies will have Airbus A321 neo aircraft at three airports for Summer 25 – Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester Airport.
https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/10/Jet2_com_and_Jet2holidays_unlock_the_sunshine_and_put_bigges t_ever_Summer_Sun_programme_on_sale_for_2025_

tictack67
12th Oct 2023, 17:39

Actually in many resorts/airports there are huge adverts, loads of coaches in Jet2 livery. Id say they are well aware who/what jet2 is

Pain in the R's
13th Oct 2023, 06:01
Jet 2 has a great deal of potential to grow further but who are the backers?

ETOPS
13th Oct 2023, 11:42
but who are the backers?

​​​​​​​Jet2 are owned by Jet2 PLC who has revenue last year of £5 billion. Reckon they can raise whatever funds they want…

Mayfield62
13th Oct 2023, 12:58
Liverpool will get a 5th based aircraft for Summer 25 and three new routes to Malaga, Malta and Reus plus increased frequencies on a number of other routes

FRatSTN
13th Oct 2023, 19:10
Liverpool will get a 5th based aircraft for Summer 25 and three new routes to Malaga, Malta and Reus plus increased frequencies on a number of other routes
It'll probably get a sixth before Summer 25 eventually comes around. A few of the newer bases have had similar growth patterns in previous times. I'm doubtful though EZY will be basing aircraft in LPL beyond Summer 25. Just my subjective view but who knows what impact Jet2 will have.

eye2eye5
14th Oct 2023, 14:50
I suspect that it’s TUI taking the hit from the growth of Jet2 in the North West rather than easyJet. Indeed, the recent easyJet trading statement is extremely bullish about the prospects for easyJet holidays which is trading ahead of budget and is seen as the main growth engine in the future.

Travel Agent
17th Oct 2023, 20:27
Marrakech from Birmingham, Glasgow, Stansted & Manchester
Agadir from Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Stansted & Manchester now showing on Jet2.com

OltonPete
17th Oct 2023, 21:52
Marrakech from Birmingham, Glasgow, Stansted & Manchester
Agadir from Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Stansted & Manchester now showing on Jet2.com

BHX - Agadir Thursday 3 October 2024 twice a week Thursday Sunday year-round moving to Wednesday & Sunday from May 2025

BHX- Marrakech Friday 4th October twice a week Monday Friday year-round

Pete

Beatts
19th Oct 2023, 11:13
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/jet2-com-opens-first-ever-retail-centre-for-inflight-retail-operations/

laviation
19th Oct 2023, 12:27
Looks like the A330-300 CS-WFP has finished its season with Jet2

Last flight TFS-MAN 16OCT23

Had the opportunity to fly on this bird down to Faro. Genuinely pleasant but you could tell it’s been worn down over the years

samj
19th Oct 2023, 13:13
I wonder if CS-WFP will return next year? Believe there are 3 A330's booked for S24. Are any staying over W23?

azz767
19th Oct 2023, 15:54
I wonder if CS-WFP will return next year? Believe there are 3 A330's booked for S24. Are any staying over W23?

I would imagine the extra seats on a 300 compared to the air tanker 200’s are very appealing for the major holiday routes in peak summer season. PMI, FAO and TFS as well as Turkish routes have seen WFP consistently during its lease

Jonty
19th Oct 2023, 16:36
I think 1 AT 330 is staying.

1889LS
27th Oct 2023, 20:07
G-SUNE arrived at Manchester last night. Now 5 neos in the fleet with at least one in the production line. Anybody know how many it is planned will be operational by next summer?

pabely
28th Oct 2023, 00:08
G-SUNE arrived at Manchester last night. Now 5 neos in the fleet with at least one in the production line. Anybody know how many it is planned will be operational by next summer?
Had a Google, couldn't find much info, maybe Annual Accounts might say but probably not as many as they wanted but being a newish customer others come first. Wizzair UK took 3 in last month and 2 more almost ready. Easyjet between 2-5 every month next year. IAG a significant number across the group as well.

Flying Hi
28th Oct 2023, 19:19
Now that Erdogan has declared that Hamas are Liberationists not Terrorists and this war is the fault of the West for supporting Israel, might there be some worry in the Jet2 Boardroom over the safety of UK pax in 2024?

ATNotts
28th Oct 2023, 19:44
Now that Erdogan has declared that Hamas are Liberationists not Terrorists and this war is the fault of the West for supporting Israel, might there be some worry in the Jet2 Boardroom over the safety of UK pax in 2024?
Only if Israel were to threaten strikes on Turkey, or the UK were to place sanctions against Turkey, which given Turkey's membership of NATO is highly improbable.

Erdogan is Erdogan! If 'The West' were to take umbridge it would probably have been over his position regarding Russia and Ukraine where he's not exactly towing the party line.

I don't think I'd be so worried about Turkey than perhaps Tunisia and Morocco given their position in the Arab world, not to mention Egypt.

LGS6753
29th Oct 2023, 15:29
This unfolding situation has many potentially serious ramifications for aviation.
For example, what will oil prices be in 2024 if Iran becomes even more assertive (although I can't see them getting directly involved)?
Erdogan has been making belligerent noises towards Israel; if a wider conflagration happens, I suspect a lot of countries will lose popularity (Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia).
If a Worldwide recession happens, purchasing power in Europe will drop.
Or, of course, they may kiss and make up.

Flying Hi
29th Oct 2023, 15:45
-.- -Or, of course, they may kiss and make up.
ya think!?:ooh:
Bodrum was bad enough in June with rude and often aggressive Russian 'yoofs' but I wonder how the indigenous muslim population will treat us 'Indidels' as this gets worse.
FWIW -Antalya was the plan for 2024 but for the safety of my family its back to the boring old Canneries. Lol

SWBKCB
29th Oct 2023, 16:01

What do you expect him to say? Turkey would miss western tourists as much as Jet2 (et al) would miss Turkey. Erdogan will be tailoring different messages to different audiences

Sotonsean
29th Oct 2023, 19:43
ya think!?:ooh:
Bodrum was bad enough in June with rude and often aggressive Russian 'yoofs' but I wonder how the indigenous muslim population will treat us 'Indidels' as this gets worse.
FWIW -Antalya was the plan for 2024 but for the safety of my family its back to the boring old Canneries. Lol

🤔 Yoof X Youth 👍

🤔 Indidels X Infidels 👍

🤔 Canneries X Canaries 👍

I had to do it 😉

azz767
29th Oct 2023, 20:20
Anyone know when SUNC is getting it’s full livery? I know it’s pedantic but it looks rubbish with just a blue tail and no jet2 branding

Flying Hi
29th Oct 2023, 20:43
🤔 Yoof X Youth 👍

🤔 Indidels X Infidels 👍

🤔 Canneries X Canaries 👍

I had to do it 😉
I no. I no. I can spel really.

irishlad06
29th Oct 2023, 21:19
Anyone know when SUNC is getting it’s full livery? I know it’s pedantic but it looks rubbish with just a blue tail and no jet2 branding

due to start going in next month - think SUNC is first on 15th NOV

Sotonsean
29th Oct 2023, 21:36
I no. I no. I can spel really.

Oh really 🤔

No X Know 👍

Spel X Spell 👍

I'm sure that it was intended this time. If it wasn't, well I got news for you, you can't spell 😉

Kevgti
4th Nov 2023, 11:40
Another two Boeing 737-800s are joining the fleet; G-JZDD an G-JZDE - not sure of MSNs
G-JZDD ( ex Flyr) was ferried to LBA yesterday

1889LS
4th Nov 2023, 12:33
That’s the first of 4 that have been acquired and are due so far this winter. Presumably a couple more to come as well as the ongoing airbus deliveries should see quite a decent fleet growth yet again.

Quite interesting that the second hand frames joining the fleet are still 737s rather than airbus (exception of course being the 3 G-HLYx’s). You would think that at some point in the near future this would change so that a single type fleet can be achieved in a decade or so.

Flying Hi
4th Nov 2023, 12:45
That’s the first of 4 that have been acquired and are due so far this winter. Presumably a couple more to come as well as the ongoing airbus deliveries should see quite a decent fleet growth yet again.

Quite interesting that the second hand frames joining the fleet are still 737s rather than airbus (exception of course being the 3 G-HLYx’s). You would think that at some point in the near future this would change so that a single type fleet can be achieved in a decade or so.
Or maybe run a dual type fleet, they're big enough, to keep both manufacturers on their commercial toes for the future.

Kevgti
4th Nov 2023, 12:49

I think we won't see any additional A321ceo joining and the current 3 will exit on lease expiry. Long term leaving a mixed fleet of 738 and 32Xneo

Flitefone
4th Nov 2023, 12:49

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-11/rtx-drops-on-2023-forecast-cut-due-to-pratt-unit-engine-woes?leadSource=uverify%20wall

Flying Hi
4th Nov 2023, 12:51
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-11/rtx-drops-on-2023-forecast-cut-due-to-pratt-unit-engine-woes?leadSource=uverify%20wall
Behind a 'wall'

The Flying Stool
4th Nov 2023, 12:53
Jet2's A321NEOs have CFM Leap engines rather than Pratt and Whitney's so they won't be affected by this. There are delays in receiving raw materials for the engines however. They are being paid a pretty penny in compensation from Airbus and CFM hence why it makes sense to buy some more mid-life 737s as an interim solution. It also will enable them to retire some of the older -800s at some point. Some of the -800s are some of the oldest flying.

Flitefone
4th Nov 2023, 17:18
Jet2's A321NEOs have CFM Leap engines rather than Pratt and Whitney's so they won't be affected by this. They are being paid a pretty penny in compensation from Airbus and CFM hence why it makes sense to buy some more mld-life 737s as an interim solution. It also will enable them to retire some of the older -800s at some point. Some of the -800s are some of the oldest flying.

The PW issue means that more airlines are seeking used 320 for interim use to cover the big numbers of 320neo that will be grounded. Good sense for J2 all round

irishlad06
7th Nov 2023, 14:00
GJZDD arrived from NWI a few days ago into LBA and GJZDE an ex Peagus is due in the next few days into MAN for fleet growth.

LBIA
7th Nov 2023, 17:53
G-JZDE is that the ex Pegasus TC-CPY that was flight-planned to operate Istanbul to Leeds last Thursday as "PGT034"?

azz767
7th Nov 2023, 19:05
What’s happening with G-JZBY? It was initially one due for the summer and it’s still not entered service IFAIK. Given it is ex sunwing it wouldn’t surprise me if tech issues have delayed EIS!

Matt995
7th Nov 2023, 19:48
What’s happening with G-JZBY? It was initially one due for the summer and it’s still not entered service IFAIK. Given it is ex sunwing it wouldn’t surprise me if tech issues have delayed EIS!

aircraft has been at Prague since the end of August, so presumable under going maintenance before being flown to the UK

1889LS
10th Nov 2023, 19:30
A post on another site claims 9 second hand 737s will arrive this winter, with 8 year old ex sun express TC-SCG the next to join. This is as well as continued Neo deliveries with 3 expected the next few months.

Going the other way G-LSAA will retire this week and G-LSAB at some other point this winter.

Leeds Spotter
14th Nov 2023, 15:07
G-LSAA looking very forlorn at Manchester airport today, devoid of all its decals, sad to see a 757 disappearing

Flying Hi
14th Nov 2023, 15:16
G-LSAA looking very forlorn at Manchester airport today, devoid of all its decals, sad to see a 757 disappearing
Last revenue service was Nov 10th MAN - AGP and return LS809 / 810
Final landing bang on time. Fitting end to 35 year commercial career.
Off to Lasham soon?

Flightrider
14th Nov 2023, 17:16
A career which started as G-BNSF with Air Europe. Put it like that and it really does say what a workhorse that aircraft has been - with a Yorkshire connection of Intasun in Bradford to Jet2 based in Leeds running from beginning to end !

UnderASouthernSky
14th Nov 2023, 17:52
Last revenue service was Nov 10th MAN - AGP and return LS809 / 810
Final landing bang on time. Fitting end to 35 year commercial career.
Off to Lasham soon?

Was planned to be DGX tomorrow. Not sure if that is still happening and what lies in store thereafter.

MKY661
15th Nov 2023, 11:39
Was planned to be DGX tomorrow. Not sure if that is still happening and what lies in store thereafter.

Positioned to DGX today and Jethro's reporting it is indeed for part out and scrap.

Flying Hi
15th Nov 2023, 12:01
Positioned to DGX today and Jethro's reporting it is indeed for part out and scrap.
Arrived DGX 10.02.
Just as an anorak question - how do the crew get home? Does Jet2 have a company puddle jumper that follows them down/
Extra eg -G-JZBC currently en route to Bridtol ex Stansted. Does crew stay for the duration or get back to STN somehow.
Just askin'

goldeneye
15th Nov 2023, 12:06
Anyone know why Jet2 flew a 737 to INV from STN on the 14th Nov. Aircraft is still on the ground at INV.

pug
15th Nov 2023, 12:12
Arrived DGX 10.02.
Just as an anorak question - how do the crew get home? Does Jet2 have a company puddle jumper that follows them down/
Extra eg -G-JZBC currently en route to Bridtol ex Stansted. Does crew stay for the duration or get back to STN somehow.
Just askin'

Taxi usually.

LBAflyer22
15th Nov 2023, 15:02
Anyone know why Jet2 flew a 737 to INV from STN on the 14th Nov. Aircraft is still on the ground at INV.

New route 😂

Flying Hi
15th Nov 2023, 15:07
New route 😂
Ah yes. Must have missed that.
New Route - Costa Del Freezin' Cold.

1889LS
16th Nov 2023, 23:23
TC-SCG and TC-SCF have both been delivered tonight to LBA and MAN respectively. Both 8 year old 737s ex SunExpress.
Not been registered to jet2 yet but you would presume they will become G-JZDF and G-JZDG with DD and DE arriving a couple of weeks ago.

5 more 737s (plus presumably the ex sunwing that’s vanished into thin air) and at least 3 more 321s to arrive this winter.

Kevgti
19th Nov 2023, 13:26
tc-scg and tc-scf have both been delivered tonight to lba and man respectively. Both 8 year old 737s ex sunexpress.
Not been registered to jet2 yet but you would presume they will become g-jzdf and g-jzdg with dd and de arriving a couple of weeks ago.

5 more 737s (plus presumably the ex sunwing that’s vanished into thin air) and at least 3 more 321s to arrive this winter.
tc-scf - > g-drtv
tc-scg - > g-drtx

sdbelgium
19th Nov 2023, 13:39
Pegasus TC-CPY (to become G-JZDE) poised for delivery 20Nov.

1889LS
19th Nov 2023, 21:36
A few rumours that G-VYGK may join GL and GM next year.

AircraftOperations
19th Nov 2023, 21:55

Due to delays with the A330neo order?

LBAflyer22
19th Nov 2023, 23:06
Due to delays with the A330neo order?

Where is this confirmed or even public knowledge? What A330NEO order?

I believe that could well be the case that GK maybe joining GL/GM. Whether it's a replacement for the A330-300 they had this year or Jet2 are going to go to a 4th subleased A330 who knows. One would expect the picture to become a little clearer after Christmas rather than before.

LBAflyer22
20th Nov 2023, 08:11

Looking at the seat maps. On a Monday there are 45 rows, and 2-4-2 config, for DLM, TFS and ACE flights. 45 rows is Air tanker which makes this rumour a little more believable.

JonnyH
20th Nov 2023, 18:14

It makes complete sense to be fair. Air Tanker have been very reliable for Jet2 and you can imagine they’ve got a pretty good relationship.

GK has, at times, been used by TUI so causes them issues which will help Jet2 too.

You could imagine they may get a decent discount on their lease too if the relationship is good too.

Kevgti
20th Nov 2023, 19:45
Fairly sure that 3 Air Tanker A330 were planned for 2020.

1889LS
20th Nov 2023, 20:46
It makes complete sense. Jet2 get a third aircraft from a lessor that has provided near flawless reliability and fantastic service and has given Jet2 the full ability to make the product their own, with full cabin refurb and crew. AirTanker gets another aircraft making money full time for a trustworthy company, rather than it sitting around in between adhoc charters for other clients.

OzzyOzBorn
20th Nov 2023, 21:56
True. But World2Fly did a decent job for them as well. Good reliability, Jet2 product in the cabin.

UnderASouthernSky
20th Nov 2023, 22:04
Is there any risk to Jet2 that Air Tanker could ever recall an airframe off the lease for reasons of national importance (over & above a more traditional lessor airline)? Or are these aircraft completely removed from such possible activities?

CWL757
21st Nov 2023, 11:15
Is there any risk to Jet2 that Air Tanker could ever recall an airframe off the lease for reasons of national importance (over & above a more traditional lessor airline)? Or are these aircraft completely removed from such possible activities?
These aircraft are "De-Kitted" all RAF stuff is removed plus Air Tanker has a big fleet, so shouldn't really be a need to recall these 3 frames. However should the need arise, I suppose J2 would just have to suck it up and claim compo.

Flightrider
21st Nov 2023, 16:37
My understanding is that Air Tanker contracts do contain a recall clause if there is a major issue requiring the aircraft to be recalled for Government use. I’m not sure how exactly that is defined, but generally if we are engaged in a war somewhere, commercial air travel demand drops and so an ability to cut capacity is a welcome “out”.

There is also an issue brewing with no UK Government permission for wet leasing for next year as yet. That’s why you have Ascend, Fly4 setting up in the UK as ACMI providers and presumably why Air Tanker is a better bet than a World2Fly aircraft for Jet2. It gives certainty right now where none is available through other avenues.

garry8g
21st Nov 2023, 17:42
There is also an issue brewing with no UK Government permission for wet leasing for next year as yet. That’s why you have Ascend, Fly4 setting up in the UK as ACMI providers and presumably why Air Tanker is a better bet than a World2Fly aircraft for Jet2. It gives certainty right now where none is available through other avenues.

Could that be the reason so many second hand B737-800 are being acquired, to replace the five wet leased aircraft from Summer 23?
Or were all the second hand B737-800's planned for further expansion?

Kevgti
21st Nov 2023, 18:34
Could that be the reason so many second hand B737-800 are being acquired, to replace the five wet leased aircraft from Summer 23?
Or were all the second hand B737-800's planned for further expansion?
I'd have thought for expansion. 4 for LPL plus extras announced for EDI and others so far leaves a gap from this year's damp leased frames.

garry8g
21st Nov 2023, 21:15
I'd have thought for expansion. 4 for LPL plus extras announced for EDI and others so far leaves a gap from this year's damp leased frames.

I thought Edinburgh was now getting some A321neos, rather than extra B737-800's?

Kevgti
22nd Nov 2023, 06:27
I thought Edinburgh was now getting some A321neos, rather than extra B737-800's?
​​​​​​Two A321neo for Summer 25. One additional plane for 2024 which is presumably a 738.

1889LS
23rd Nov 2023, 16:48
12 More a320neo options firmed up. Taking total airbus order to 110 for now. Still 36 options left across both types.

irishlad06
24th Nov 2023, 15:50
​​​​​​Two A321neo for Summer 25. One additional plane for 2024 which is presumably a 738.

3 x A321neos to be based for S25 confirmed in a press release

Flying Hi
10th Dec 2023, 19:47
G-DRTY (running EXS43A) did a180 near Nuremberg and returned to MAN, landing 20.45.
Anyone know why?

CWL757
10th Dec 2023, 20:32
G-DRTY (running EXS43A) did a180 near Nuremberg and returned to MAN, landing 20.45.
Anyone know why?
Pure guess but seeing it went all the way back to MAN I'd assume it was a urgent but not critical tech issue.

ATNE
12th Dec 2023, 20:03
Anyone know why?
It was stood down from a rescue flight.

Flying Hi
12th Dec 2023, 20:19
It was stood down from a rescue flight.
Thank you for the info, ATNE

Kevgti
14th Dec 2023, 14:03
12 More a320neo options firmed up. Taking total airbus order to 110 for now. Still 36 options left across both types.
Airbus Order data showing that these were A321neo options rather than A320neo. All 75 A321neo now full orders.

ericlday
24th Dec 2023, 08:39
LS685 EMA - FAO Squawk 7700 diverted to BES Brest

G-FORZ
24th Dec 2023, 09:16
LS685 EMA - FAO Squawk 7700 diverted to BES Brest
Sat on Apron at Brest now - Medical Emergency

03phigg
26th Dec 2023, 15:45
Hi,
Do we know the A330 schedule for Summer 24 yet?
Just had a flight changed for August from A330 to B738. Is it likely to change back?
Thanks in advance!

jackjak
28th Dec 2023, 09:35
Morning
I am just curious with the amount of Lapland flights that have happened this year from Gatwick where do they source the crew from. Do the Stansted base pick it up being the closest or do volunteers just stay down there for the majority of the month?

Thanks

chaps1954
28th Dec 2023, 10:33
Airbus Order data showing that these were A321neo options rather than A320neo. All 75 A321neo now full orders.
Jackjak the aircraty come from most of the bases and there are plenty of crews due not woking hard over winter and help to keep them current

Chesty Morgan
28th Dec 2023, 10:39
Morning
I am just curious with the amount of Lapland flights that have happened this year from Gatwick where do they source the crew from. Do the Stansted base pick it up being the closest or do volunteers just stay down there for the majority of the month?

Thanks
Some volunteers get seconded for part or all of the season. Some not so willing volunteers will be rostered.

CWL757
7th Jan 2024, 14:43
Apologies if I've missed it somewhere, do we know how many aircraft each base will have for S24 yet?

SWBKCB
7th Jan 2024, 14:54
Ooops!

Two disabled pensioners who booked a holiday to Mallorca have been left furious after they were accidentally put on a flight for Menorca instead.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/travel-tourism/jet2-passengers-put-wrong-flight-28405033

GeorgeNTravels
7th Jan 2024, 15:33
Apologies if I've missed it somewhere, do we know how many aircraft each base will have for S24 yet?

Glasgow is going up from 7 to 8
Edinburgh is going up from 6 to 7
Belfast is going up from 3 to 4

Not sure about other bases, but these are the three I know

OzzyOzBorn
7th Jan 2024, 16:07
Ooops!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/travel-tourism/jet2-passengers-put-wrong-flight-28405033

That compo-face photo right there. A true classic of the genre. They know how to spin a tale ... horrified, terrified (why?), trauma, furious, legs like balloons. Annoyed that the resort rep can't work an H24 day. Offended by goodwill gestures. But they have rebooked for next year!!! Mountains and molehills spring to mind. And they don't even appreciate their free scenic flight on an ATR72! 😀

SWBKCB
7th Jan 2024, 16:22
Lets not mention the boarding pass checks, the head counts on both aircraft...

BHX5DME
7th Jan 2024, 16:35
Glasgow is going up from 7 to 8
Edinburgh is going up from 6 to 7
Belfast is going up from 3 to 4

Not sure about other bases, but these are the three I know
BHX 15 to 16 including some A21N's

Mcvicker03
7th Jan 2024, 18:26
BHX 15 to 16 including some A21N's
is the A21N based permanently and do we know what routes it will operate during summer?

callForRoster
7th Jan 2024, 20:39
hi all, i have a question for jet2 pilots about recruitment process (A320 fleet). it would be great if a cockpit crew sent me a message, thanks!

Wallsendmag
8th Jan 2024, 12:58
Ooops!

Why on earth is the Chronicle reporting on something that happened in Bristol?

SKOJB
8th Jan 2024, 13:03
Why on earth is the Chronicle reporting on something that happened in Bristol?

Because all these regional rags are now almost redundant and are scraping around for articles to circulate. The standard of journalism is quite frankly appalling and attention to detail non existent

xanda_man
9th Jan 2024, 09:07
hi all, i have a question for jet2 pilots about recruitment process (A320 fleet). it would be great if a cockpit crew sent me a message, thanks!
better to ask in the hold pool thread in T&E Here (https://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/626986-jet2-hold-pool-29.html)

LBAflyer22
9th Jan 2024, 10:04
is the A21N based permanently and do we know what routes it will operate during summer?

Would imagine permanently based.

milhouse999
16th Jan 2024, 10:21
Sorry if this is mentionned elsewhere - G-LSAB has not flown sine 07.01.24, is this now on its way out?

CWL757
16th Jan 2024, 11:05
Sorry if this is mentionned elsewhere - G-LSAB has not flown sine 07.01.24, is this now on its way out?
it's due for WFU this winter, but i wouldn't read this downtime as it being retired yet. Could be wrong though. Sad to see AB go.

azz767
16th Jan 2024, 14:10
it's due for WFU this winter, but i wouldn't read this downtime as it being retired yet. Could be wrong though. Sad to see AB go.

Very sad, also means only one 757 will remain in the silver and red livery (my favourite of the two)

1889LS
16th Jan 2024, 16:42
Don’t quote me on this but believe AB may have had a reprieve for one more summer.

in other news around 50 737s are to receive split winglet upgrades shortly, including the ones received new from Boeing. A sign that a mixed fleet is intended for a good while.

P330
16th Jan 2024, 17:53
Is there any sign of any of the older 738s leaving anytime soon?

Or any further news on the 300s?

1889LS
16th Jan 2024, 17:58
Is there any sign of any of the older 738s leaving anytime soon?

Or any further news on the 300s?
All 7 300s are staying for at least another year, all in use at LBA on some days.

Would imagine all the 737NGs will be staying around too until airbus deliveries increase.

Wouldn’t make financial sense to be getting rid of owned airframes only to have to lease more in to cope with expansion, doubt jet2 would change a habit of a lifetime that’s got them this far.

garry8g
16th Jan 2024, 19:17
Does anyone know where the other 4 acquired 2nd hand B738's are coming from?

L66MBD
16th Jan 2024, 23:13
Does anyone know where the other 4 acquired 2nd hand B738's are coming from?

At least one from Turkish Pegasus

Airbanda
17th Jan 2024, 10:12
At least one from Turkish Pegasus

Two from Pegasus, formerly TC-SCF and TC-CPY which are DRTV and JZDE on the G register.

Rumour on the LBA boards is another is coming from Sunwing. There's been a couple of 'expected arrivals' on FR24 at either MAN or LBA from Toronto as SWG9002 but nothing actually flown. The frame is rumoured to be C-FWGH which has been at Dothan Alabama since November.

LBIA
20th Jan 2024, 10:07
Don’t quote me on this but believe AB may have had a reprieve for one more summer

No reprieve for AB as she's operating her last revenue service for Jet2 today on the Manchester - Grenoble rotation

SealinkBF
20th Jan 2024, 11:02
Jet2 taking the Exeter Chiefs Rugby team to Biarritz from Exeter today, for their game against Bayonne tomorrow.

1889LS
21st Jan 2024, 22:35
Nice treat for the passengers on LS372 today which couldn’t land at BFS due to the weather. Ended up diverting to Paris CDG of all places.

Guess that it’s not any more awkward for the passengers and crew than landing at an English airport in the grand scheme of things, as a flight across the water would still be needed. So may as well take it across the channel to calmer weather.

LBIA
27th Jan 2024, 10:28
On delivery to Jet2, Sunwing Boeing 737-800 C-FWGH arrived into Leeds this morning from Toronto as SWG9002​​​​​​

BFS BHD
27th Jan 2024, 18:39
Any updates on Sunwing C-FTOH? Was to to be G-JZBY but has been in Prague now since August last year.

CWL757
27th Jan 2024, 18:45
Any updates on Sunwing C-FTOH? Was to to be G-JZBY but has been in Prague now since August last year.
I curious about this one too, latest photo I can find is it parked up in PRG, Seems to have had a new engine and some patchwork around the tail.
other than that, nothing. Wonder If they've found faults with it and it will end up as a NTU 🤔

GeorgeNTravels
27th Jan 2024, 18:56
When I passed the hangers in Prague Airport last month it was parked outside and didn't seem to have moved since September.

Airbanda
28th Jan 2024, 12:32
C-FWGH ex Sunwing arrived at Leeds Bradford yesterday. Said to have been allocated G-JZBZ.

flybar
28th Jan 2024, 20:56
C-FWGH ex Sunwing arrived at Leeds Bradford yesterday. Said to have been allocated G-JZBZ.
isnt that 4 posts above?

jethro15
28th Jan 2024, 21:34
My current info is that:

(G-JZBY) ex VPCGF (CFTOH) currently at Prague
(G-JZBZ) ex C-FWGH
Plus 3 others

Jet2 staff have been advised not to contact me, which I respect.

Flying Wild
29th Jan 2024, 09:13

Loose lips sink ships? :rolleyes:

Airbanda
29th Jan 2024, 15:15
isnt that 4 posts above?

It is.
I missed it.

Kevgti
31st Jan 2024, 14:45
My current info is that:

(G-JZBY) ex VPCGF (CFTOH) currently at Prague
(G-JZBZ) ex C-FWGH
Plus 3 others

TC-CPZ arrived into MAN yesterday

garry8g
6th Feb 2024, 20:40
Only 2 more of the acquired 2nd hand B738's for this year left to arrive.

Anyone know which frames they are, and coming from where?

Flying Hi
6th Feb 2024, 20:47
One must be (G-JZBY) ex VPCGF (CFTOH) currently at Prague
Been there 5 months or so. Problem?

1889LS
6th Feb 2024, 23:39
G-SUNG expected to be delivered to EMA late in the week or early next week if all goes to plan.

4 more neos are reportedly in build currently. Fingers crossed this capacity arrives before summer.

P330
7th Feb 2024, 06:01
G-SUNG expected to be delivered to EMA late in the week or early next week if all goes to plan.

4 more neos are reportedly in build currently. Fingers crossed this capacity arrives before summer.

Do we know if any of the NEOs will arrive in red/silver?

Markushillman
7th Feb 2024, 06:43

I second this, think they would look great in the red/silver!

laviation
7th Feb 2024, 06:56
G-SUNG will wear the Holidays livery

azz767
7th Feb 2024, 07:01

Youd hope so given the initial press release from the first order had renderings of the red/silver livery.

simoncorbett
7th Feb 2024, 07:18
Have any of the recent new but old 737 been painted in Silver/Red livery ? Or is the holiday livery now for all …

1889LS
7th Feb 2024, 08:08
A320/A321s will get the silver and red livery but not until 2026. The G-SUN… series registrations will all be in holidays scheme.

737s are still getting painted in a mix of the two liveries without any pattern being taken from the reg series.