PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-6

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Brian Pern
9th Mar 2022, 17:59
Jet2 are temporary suspending operations to KRK from March 21st to May 27th from BHX, LBA, MAN & NCL bases, GLA suspended until September 2nd.

Lets be honest, Krakow is well served by other airlines at a similar price, some several times per week, especially as the Irish lads are not expanding into Ukraine now, they have spare capacity.

I do find it interesting, Krakow is a couple of hundred miles from Ukraine, its not in a conflict zone, maybe jet2 had a low load factor?

davidjohnson6
9th Mar 2022, 18:03
Brian - you might find this interesting
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/air-fares-eastern-europe-ukraine-b2032033.html

david1994
12th Mar 2022, 18:06
Does anyone know how many aircraft due to be based at Edinburgh for S22?

ImagineIf
12th Mar 2022, 19:58
Lets be honest, Krakow is well served by other airlines at a similar price, some several times per week, especially as the Irish lads are not expanding into Ukraine now, they have spare capacity.

I do find it interesting, Krakow is a couple of hundred miles from Ukraine, its not in a conflict zone, maybe jet2 had a low load factor?

Yes the loads took a hit in recent weeks, many wanting to cancel/re-plan given the current climate in that part of the world - thus making flights non sustainable. Its a couple of hundred miles too close for most people wanting to go on a city break & Lviv on the border is expected to be targeted imminently. Poland has become a hub for refugee & aid coordination too so I can fully understand peoples reluctance to see it as a holiday destination at the moment. As Jet2's core business is the leisure traveler it makes sense to pull back off this route presently & as you point out, other carriers still have flights operating that will retain connectivity for those flying for work or visiting family in Poland or the UK.

irishlad06
13th Mar 2022, 05:14
Does anyone know how many aircraft due to be based at Edinburgh for S22?

4 x B737-800’s

Brian Pern
13th Mar 2022, 09:08
Yes the loads took a hit in recent weeks, many wanting to cancel/re-plan given the current climate in that part of the world - thus making flights non sustainable. Its a couple of hundred miles too close for most people wanting to go on a city break & Lviv on the border is expected to be targeted imminently. Poland has become a hub for refugee & aid coordination too so I can fully understand peoples reluctance to see it as a holiday destination at the moment. As Jet2's core business is the leisure traveler it makes sense to pull back off this route presently & as you point out, other carriers still have flights operating that will retain connectivity for those flying for work or visiting family in Poland or the UK.

Its funny really I have just come back from a few days in Krakow, despite the news broadcasts showing the crisis, there were no real outward signs of anything going on. I had a chat to the pilots, briefly on landing, local crew (Buzz I think) they felt things hadn't really changed, although the UK flights were a bit quieter than other routes. People should not be put off visiting Poland, it reminds me of the Americans canceling plans after 7/7.

ATNotts
13th Mar 2022, 09:47
Its funny really I have just come back from a few days in Krakow, despite the news broadcasts showing the crisis, there were no real outward signs of anything going on. I had a chat to the pilots, briefly on landing, local crew (Buzz I think) they felt things hadn't really changed, although the UK flights were a bit quieter than other routes. People should not be put off visiting Poland, it reminds me of the Americans canceling plans after 7/7.

I should have thought that perhaps the planned cancellation of Jet2 services from UK may have as much to do with the potential for Poland perhaps requisitioning tourist accommodation to house Ukrainian refugees as much as any immediate fears regarding the Ukrainian crisis spilling over into Poland.

Other carriers such as Ryanair and Wizz may enjoy a greater proportion of their revenue coming from VFR passengers.

Vokes55
13th Mar 2022, 11:59
I’d imagine it’s simply cancelled due to a natural lack of demand. Poland still requires a negative test to enter and city breaks are recovering slower than the bucket and spade market where Jet2 probably feel they could use the aircraft better.

Poland is always going to be a market for the cheapest operator and the majority of locals won’t have even heard of Jet2.

OzzyOzBorn
13th Mar 2022, 22:55
Vokes55 is right. Poland is still gripped by the full gamut of covid theatre, and has ranked amongst the strictest jurisdictions throughout. PCR tests, masks everywhere. 1.5m from any other person etc etc. Nobody sane tolerates that for fun. City breaks are dead until such rules are repealed. I'd already ruled out any leisure travel to Poland based on this alone, and pre-covid I was a regular visitor to Poland. The war in Ukraine - absolutely appalling - entered the equation later, but my decision to stay away for now was based on covid rules alone. I can't imagine why anyone would choose a Polish city for a short break whilst these rules remain in place, whilst many great alternatives in other countries are now effectively open for business.

sdbelgium
14th Mar 2022, 10:58
Confirmation required that one of them is EI-GYE (A6-FEH) currently at Shannon.
L/N 40260, ex A6-FEH, now re-registered G-DRTK and to be delivered from SNN to MAN tomorrow.

Daniel Taylor
16th Mar 2022, 14:02
What are Jet2’s largest bases in terms of capacity? I’m curious to know the speed of growth between Birmingham and Stansted seen as they launched at the same time?

davidjohnson6
21st Mar 2022, 16:02
Vokes55 is right. Poland is still gripped by the full gamut of covid theatre, and has ranked amongst the strictest jurisdictions throughout. PCR tests, masks everywhere. 1.5m from any other person etc etc. Nobody sane tolerates that for fun. City breaks are dead until such rules are repealed. I'd already ruled out any leisure travel to Poland based on this alone, and pre-covid I was a regular visitor to Poland. The war in Ukraine - absolutely appalling - entered the equation later, but my decision to stay away for now was based on covid rules alone. I can't imagine why anyone would choose a Polish city for a short break whilst these rules remain in place, whilst many great alternatives in other countries are now effectively open for business.

Netherlands Govt announced that from 23 March, people coming from the UK will not need a Covid test pre-flight. That leaves just Poland as the only EU state wanting a pre-flight Covid test. I doubt this status is sustainable for very long

GrahamK
21st Mar 2022, 16:48
What are Jet2’s largest bases in terms of capacity? I’m curious to know the speed of growth between Birmingham and Stansted seen as they launched at the same time?
MAN-STN-LBA-BHX-NCL-EMA-GLA-EDI-BRS-BFS at a guess

Coarmlad
23rd Mar 2022, 10:21
man-stn-lba-bhx-ncl-ema-gla-edi-brs-bfs at a guess

man - bhx - lba - stn - ncl - gla - ema - edi - brs - bfs

LBAflyer22
23rd Mar 2022, 16:36

man - bhx - lba - stn - ncl - gla - ema - edi - brs - bfs

I think for me this is pretty much it. I would say that LBA/STN are pretty much neck/neck or maybe STN is larger. The stand out base for me at the moment would easily be BHX as this started at the same time as STN and has grown to probably be one of the largest bases Jet2 have - of course alongside STN/MAN and LBA. It offers most beach breaks at high frequencies whilst also offering majority city breaks which differs from STN.

STN however does hold its own. May not serve many, if any at all, of the city break destinations but can easily fill 2 daily flights to Tenerife, Dalaman and Antalya whilst sustaining high frequency to other destinations. I think the original plan, before covid came along, was to have 4 STN-FNC flights a week peak summer for S20.

Having both STN and BHX and now BRS will give Jet2 more of a reason to start entering niche markets and venturing off the beaten track if you will - this was starting in S20 but has been postponed slightly. Zadar and Montenegro Tivat are two examples of this.

I think Egypt is coming onto the agenda very shortly and wouldn't be surprised to see it launched from STN MAN LBA BHX and BRS initially.

Ivan aromer
23rd Mar 2022, 18:54
I think for me this is pretty much it. I would say that LBA/STN are pretty much neck/neck or maybe STN is larger. The stand out base for me at the moment would easily be BHX as this started at the same time as STN and has grown to probably be one of the largest bases Jet2 have - of course alongside STN/MAN and LBA. It offers most beach breaks at high frequencies whilst also offering majority city breaks which differs from STN.

STN however does hold its own. May not serve many, if any at all, of the city break destinations but can easily fill 2 daily flights to Tenerife, Dalaman and Antalya whilst sustaining high frequency to other destinations. I think the original plan, before covid came along, was to have 4 STN-FNC flights a week peak summer for S20.

Having both STN and BHX and now BRS will give Jet2 more of a reason to start entering niche markets and venturing off the beaten track if you will - this was starting in S20 but has been postponed slightly. Zadar and Montenegro Tivat are two examples of this.

I think Egypt is coming onto the agenda very shortly and wouldn't be surprised to see it launched from STN MAN LBA BHX and BRS initially.
Is Egypt not a level 2 variation? This would make rostering and S/bys very difficult. Unless of course crew slip down route!

LBAflyer22
23rd Mar 2022, 19:10
Is Egypt not a level 2 variation? This would make rostering and S/bys very difficult. Unless of course crew slip down route!

More then likely but other airlines seem to make it work T/B - all probably built into the numbers required for crews. Winter not so difficult.

Jet2 are very clever when it comes to launching standbys - could quite easily have the Egyptian flight come back and meet in Prague, old crew off, new crew on and continue. And one would think potentially a standby unit maybe placed in Greece possibly (RHO, HER, CHQ?). Covering Greece, Italy, Turkey Cyprus and Egypt should and if they wanted to.

FRatSTN
23rd Mar 2022, 19:15
MAN is by some margin the biggest base. Then BHX probably has the edge over STN, which is probably slightly bigger than LBA by seat capacity since it has the A321's planned in again. LBA I think is still a mix of 738 and 733s, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Thereafter NCL is a good bit ahead now of the smaller bases having picked up the ex EZY/TCX demand. Before then EMA was slightly ahead, though with the growth of the BHX base has reduced down to just 6 aircraft, which puts it about level with GLA. Capacity permitting, I'm sure BRS will still have a lot to deliver and will eventually become more prominant in the network.

LBAflyer22
23rd Mar 2022, 19:29
MAN is by some margin the biggest base. Then BHX probably has the edge over STN, which is probably slightly bigger than LBA by seat capacity since it has the A321's planned in again. LBA I think is still a mix of 738 and 733s, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Thereafter NCL is a good bit ahead now of the smaller bases having picked up the ex EZY/TCX demand. Before then EMA was slightly ahead, though with the growth of the BHX base has reduced down to just 6 aircraft, which puts it about level with GLA. Capacity permitting, I'm sure BRS will still have a lot to deliver and will eventually become more prominant in the network.

LBA is 738/733 - I suspect when the NEO's start to arrive there will be some placed at LBA to allow growth. LBA never really struggle filling the 75 for Jet2 day in day out.

I think you are right. There will be two levels of bases - large and small to moderate. Large will include MAN, STN, BHX, LBA and BRS. Small to Moderate will be BFS, GLA, EDI, NCL and EMA. Palma in it's own right was a big base when opened, and if you considered that on it's own, is larger then EMA and possibly even NCL.

Now if they were to ever go into LGW it would be interesting to see what would happen re: capacity at bases.

pabely
23rd Mar 2022, 19:51
This is a strange market and I do hope they don't jump in because some Hotels are now idle because the Russian & Ukraines are no longer coming so offering some smart deals, but then again plenty of ex TUI and Easy ex management work for Jet2 now so should understand local requirements.
If they get it wrong it's a big commitment of a days flying when you could have got 2x ALC in during the same flighttime.
TUI are always going to have the upper hand feeding pax from Germany, Belgium along with UK.
I'll throw something out there, how about a DUB base to test EU market?

LBAflyer22
23rd Mar 2022, 20:14
This is a strange market and I do hope they don't jump in because some Hotels are now idle because the Russian & Ukraines are no longer coming so offering some smart deals, but then again plenty of ex TUI and Easy ex management work for Jet2 now so should understand local requirements.
If they get it wrong it's a big commitment of a days flying when you could have got 2x ALC in during the same flighttime.
TUI are always going to have the upper hand feeding pax from Germany, Belgium along with UK.
I'll throw something out there, how about a DUB base to test EU market?

I think jet2 are quite shrewd. I suspect like other destination's it'll be slow at first before it becomes big. They have to do something with 75 of the A321's coming and Egypt ties them up nicely. Sharm and Hurgahda alongside maybe Marsa Alam. The only other way of utilising the A321 would be Cape Verde launch but think TUI have that covered.

DUB would be a good shout - but then would they want LGW first above that?

It'll be interesting to see where Jet2 head with extra aircraft to keep busy in the winter. One suspects contracts with Canadian airlines maybe drawn up to provide extra uplift during their peak season.

PAXboy
24th Mar 2022, 16:54
This speaks for itself ...
Jet2 passenger hit with £5,000 fine (https://uk.yahoo.com/news/aggressive-jet2-passenger-hit-5-120454756.html)

Flying Hi
24th Mar 2022, 17:06
This speaks for itself ...
Jet2 passenger hit with £5,000 fine (https://uk.yahoo.com/news/aggressive-jet2-passenger-hit-5-120454756.html)

Right result!
Lousy copywriting or checking at Yahoo though - landed on divert to Vienna - led off the plane in Antalya??
Huh?

Dorking
24th Mar 2022, 17:11
Social media reporting that this chav from Bradford was travelling to Turkey to have her teeth whitened at a cost of £3000, that she had managed to scrape together:ugh:...Yup they walk amongst us don`t they...Well done Jet2 and if she doesn`t pay I have no doubt they will pursue this through the civil courts.

Jamesair1
24th Mar 2022, 17:46
According to the Jet 2 website she was remove from the plane by the Police in Vienna.

Flying Hi
24th Mar 2022, 18:01
According to the Jet 2 website she was remove from the plane by the Police in Vienna.
I wonder who gave her a lift back to the UK?

SWBKCB
24th Mar 2022, 19:08
Who cares?

Kevgti
24th Mar 2022, 20:03
I wonder who gave her a lift back to the UK?
I'm sure FR would have been happy to oblige 😊

Kevgti
24th Mar 2022, 20:07
Right result!
Lousy copywriting or checking at Yahoo though - landed on divert to Vienna - led off the plane in Antalya??
Huh?
Also a few pics of the interior of an LS A321

The Flying Stool
24th Mar 2022, 22:36
I believe UK airlines now share information on disruptive passengers.

LFC22
24th Mar 2022, 23:19
Social media reporting that this chav from Bradford was travelling to Turkey to have her teeth whitened at a cost of £3000, that she had managed to scrape together:ugh:...Yup they walk amongst us don`t they...Well done Jet2 and if she doesn`t pay I have no doubt they will pursue this through the civil courts.
Off topic but that's an insane price just to get your teeth whitened, not even cleaned. Always though it cost £500 max. I would hope the results are permanent for that price.

2Planks
25th Mar 2022, 18:56
It is reported that the chav had slapped other pax she is lucky she still has teeth left to whiten (in Scarborough)!

hec7or
25th Mar 2022, 20:29
I'm sure FR would have been happy to oblige

Why would they?

Flying Hi
25th Mar 2022, 20:40
Why would they?
Its called 'kerrching' - the sound of the cash register.

A350Saltire
28th Mar 2022, 19:08
How many 752’s do Jet2 have active at MAN now? Just booked flights to PMI in four weeks time and they are due to be operated by the 757.

Probably the last time I will ever fly on a 757.

chaps1954
28th Mar 2022, 19:57
I think it was 3 today but will build up from easter

CWL757
28th Mar 2022, 22:37
How many 752’s do Jet2 have active at MAN now? Just booked flights to PMI in four weeks time and they are due to be operated by the 757.

Probably the last time I will ever fly on a 757.
5 active currently, G-LSAA/B/C/I & K. Not sure how many they are actually using per day and how many on standby etc.

Jaf4fa
29th Mar 2022, 07:45
AE also at MAN😁

chaps1954
29th Mar 2022, 08:14
All the remaining 757s are at Manchester which I think is 7 just not all in service at present

Jaf4fa
29th Mar 2022, 09:10
AJ & AN still in Almeria🤫

chaps1954
31st Mar 2022, 07:04
G-LSAE flying today to faro ex Manchester along with A,B and K

Kevgti
31st Mar 2022, 19:06
First A321 summer lease CSTRJ from HiFly showing on Planespotters and Jethros. Based at STN. Just in time for the easter holidays

ImagineIf
3rd Apr 2022, 21:20
9H-SLG of SmartLynx has arrived into BHX this evening as EXS069J.

2003 vintage starting life with Spanair.

Following some attention from STS it will commence its summer lease with Jet2 on the 11th.

jonnyrobbo
5th Apr 2022, 13:52
Do anyone know if they'll be any leases from Titan this summer?

easyboy22
5th Apr 2022, 14:35
Do anyone know if they'll be any leases from Titan this summer?
There having 2 in STN

sdbelgium
7th Apr 2022, 16:55
First A321 summer lease CSTRJ from HiFly showing on Planespotters and Jethros. Based at STN. Just in time for the easter holidays
9H-SLG of SmartLynx has arrived into BHX this evening as EXS069J.
Second Smartlynx Malta 9H-SLC due to arrive tomorrow 08/04 in BHX as well (same callsign as previous).
Another Smartlynx A321 is due to arrive on the 20th (YL-LCV from LCA). YL-LCQ will also join the fleet in BHX.

G-LSAJ flown LEI-MAN today 07/04, with G-LSAN planned for the 29th.
G-GDFN (the last -300 in LEI) is planned to be flown back to LBA on the 19th.

There having 2 in STN
Will be G-POWU and G-POWN.

LBAflyer22
7th Apr 2022, 17:35
There having 2 in STN

I heard from a source it's now 3 at STN. 2 A321 and the 757 ZAPX. Maybe true, could be not.

Kevgti
7th Apr 2022, 19:37
I heard from a source it's now 3 at STN. 2 A321 and the 757 ZAPX. Maybe true, could be not.
I think I remember a statement that they would be operating 105 birds this summer so based on the HiFly, Smartlynx, Titan (including G-ZAPX) and AirTankers listed in previous posts takes them to 105.

Good to see a strong recovery.

LBAflyer22
7th Apr 2022, 20:01
Based on that then is it:

1 Hi Fly
2 Air Tanker
3 Titan
4 Smart Lynx

Therefore 95 own metal and 10 ACMI?

P330
8th Apr 2022, 08:40
Flight Global reporting Jet2 have exercised options on 6 321neos, taking the firm order up to 57 aircraft.

Flying Wild
8th Apr 2022, 15:22
Jet2 Airbus also looking to be in BHX from winter 22/23.

Daniel Taylor
8th Apr 2022, 19:06
Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays have unveiled a 'significantly expanded' programme for summer 2023 from Glasgow, East Midlands and Bristol

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/jet2-com-and-jet2holidays-expand-significantly-at-three-airports-for-2023?fbclid=IwAR2TutsP7wheKnY_vHmGa62K0uIRo4Ie5WqQl8MxznoFj9 Hn56DaBkgXp2s

ImagineIf
26th Apr 2022, 16:29
YLLCV of SmartLynx has arrived in BHX as of 24APR.

Following some attention from STS its the next of 4 to become a summer workhorse for Jet2 at BHX. Should enter service with both Jet2 seats and basic titles imminently.

YLLCQ is due next and a 5th unit is understood to be at BHX as a standby aircraft too, A320 in May followed by A321 in June as awaiting acquisition and entry.

garry8g
27th Apr 2022, 13:23
G-POWU from Titan Airways has been doing Jet2 training flights yesterday and today at Stansted. I imagine this will shortly be entering revenue service from STN.

sdbelgium
27th Apr 2022, 15:23
G-POWU from Titan Airways has been doing Jet2 training flights yesterday and today at Stansted. I imagine this will shortly be entering revenue service from STN.
First flight planned tomorrow 28APR as LS1663 to TFS.

garry8g
27th Apr 2022, 17:24
Air Tanker G-VYGL currently doing Jet2 training flights from Prestwick this evening, so must be due to start from MAN soon.

Karl Denton
27th Apr 2022, 17:47
Landed at Manchester tonight so probably starting soon

Johnny F@rt Pants
27th Apr 2022, 21:28
Landed at Manchester tonight so probably starting soon

1st flight planned is the TFS on 1st May.

Kevgti
28th Apr 2022, 16:29
I think I remember a statement that they would be operating 105 birds this summer so based on the HiFly, Smartlynx, Titan (including G-ZAPX) and AirTankers listed in previous posts takes them to 105.

Good to see a strong recovery.

Simple flying have reported that BA are wet leasing 2 x 757 from Titan so looks like G-ZAPX won't be joining Jet2 for the summer.

ImagineIf
28th Apr 2022, 23:01
YL-LCQ is expected in BHX tomorrow after undergoing maintenance in LCA. The 4th SmartLynx lease for Jet2 this summer, the program for the leased aircraft will now begin to ramp up in the coming days. Venturing beyond PMI & AGP as well as some afternoon rotations.

davidjohnson6
29th Apr 2022, 16:00
I've flown as a passenger on a large number of airlines all over Europe. Whenever it involves Jet2, it always seems to have a high preponderance of stag dos along with a noisy atmosphere and many people drinking alcohol. For some reason, the most similiar airlines I can think of, namely Ryanair or TUI, just don't get this sort of atmosphere onboard, let alone any other major airline I can think of unless there happens to be a large number of fans travelling for a football game.
Why do Jet2 flights seem to get this particular crowd ? At the queue for a gate, Jet2 pax seem fairly quiet and innocuous but once in the air, pax seem to have this sudden urge...
I know Jet2 have a strict policy on alcohol to prevent things getting out of control (and that policy on booze has been discussed at length on the Internet), but I'm still wondering why Jet specifically get this crowd in the first place

Apologies if this should go in the Passenger forum, but this seemed like a good place for the question...

SWBKCB
29th Apr 2022, 16:23
I've flown as a passenger on a large number of airlines all over Europe. Whenever it involves Jet2, it always seems to have a high preponderance of stag dos along with a noisy atmosphere and many people drinking alcohol. For some reason, the most similiar airlines I can think of, namely Ryanair or TUI, just don't get this sort of atmosphere onboard, let alone any other major airline I can think of unless there happens to be a large number of fans travelling for a football game.
Why do Jet2 flights seem to get this particular crowd ? At the queue for a gate, Jet2 pax seem fairly quiet and innocuous but once in the air, pax seem to have this sudden urge...
I know Jet2 have a strict policy on alcohol to prevent things getting out of control (and that policy on booze has been discussed at length on the Internet), but I'm still wondering why Jet specifically get this crowd in the first place

Apologies if this should go in the Passenger forum, but this seemed like a good place for the question...

Never been an issue on any of my flights. How often? what routes? Which day of the week, time?

LBAflyer22
29th Apr 2022, 17:24

The alcohol doesn't take affect until up in the air? And at that altitude it has a different affect on passengers then it would on the ground.

I've seen a number of videos recently and all seem to be more on Ryanair then Jet2. As you say Jet2 have a strict policy and management team which are fairly happy for commander and his crew to divert if necessary to throw the idiots off.

seahawks
29th Apr 2022, 20:02
Ref post 561
Entirely NOT my experience with Jet2 ex Man on many flights, Ryanair however...

Dorking
30th Apr 2022, 08:10
As soon as some enter an aircraft their IQ resets to zero..I don`t believe that Jet2 have any more, than the same share, all the other `Holiday airlines` get. The difference is that Jet2 management are prepared to publicise what has happened, publically back their Captains and crews and use it as a warning to others. Especially their well known policy of pursuing these clowns through the civil courts for their diversion costs. It smacks of a `firm hand on the tiller` and that is often a reassuring reason for people to trust them with their holidays/flights...

milhouse999
30th Apr 2022, 20:27

The only experience I've had of this nature was on Easyjet. Early morning flight, two young tracksuit clad lads board and sit in row 1. Immediately shouting 'oi oi lets get on it' before the doors have been closed and pushback is initiated. Had a skinful in the terminal since 4am. Very wet crew manager having words with them asking them to calm down. I had a chat with crew, advised that I was police and I'd recommend thinking about not letting them travel. I was 'reassured' that they 'won't be served any more alcohol on board' and he'd 'keep an eye on them'.

Sure enough as soon as the drinks trolley came round at 30,000 feet and they were refused vodka they kicked off and caused issues for the remainder of the flight. Shouting and swearing at crew. Crew spent their entire time trying to appease them. Had they been offloaded at the start none of it would have happened.

Marty82
9th May 2022, 13:19
As soon as some enter an aircraft their IQ resets to zero..I don`t believe that Jet2 have any more, than the same share, all the other `Holiday airlines` get. The difference is that Jet2 management are prepared to publicise what has happened, publically back their Captains and crews and use it as a warning to others. Especially their well known policy of pursuing these clowns through the civil courts for their diversion costs. It smacks of a `firm hand on the tiller` and that is often a reassuring reason for people to trust them with their holidays/flights...
Does anyone know how successful they have been in their civil actions? Do travel insurance companies have to pay or do courts arrest a percentage of the individual's wage? If the latter I would think it would take many years to get back the costs of a diversion.

Cheeky999
9th May 2022, 15:09
Can anyone advise which b752 aircraft have 2 seats by each exit at row 12 and which only have 12D & E.
Thanks

True Blue
9th May 2022, 21:49
Are you sure it isn't an A321?

sportzbar
10th May 2022, 05:47
Seatguru has one layout for the jet2 752 (I'm sure they are all standard) with row 12 having 2x2 seating at the exit.

P330
10th May 2022, 09:38
Jet2’s new NEOs are slated for delivery from 2023 according to last year’s press release.

In the meantime, the airline has brought into use 3 second hand 321s (LA/B/F) and in the last few weeks another 2 738 arrived (RJ/K).

Does anyone know what the fleet strategy is beyond the big Airbus order?

No more second hand aircraft?
Continue to buy ad-hoc one or both types?

Any exit dates yet for the remaining 733s and 757s. Or mention of retiring the oldest 738s which are now approaching 25 years old?

Cheeky999
10th May 2022, 09:42
Seatguru has one layout for the jet2 752 (I'm sure they are all standard) with row 12 having 2x2 seating at the exit.

it’s defo a b757-200. 42 rows.
there’s only one seating plan but there’s seems to be 2 different layouts.

chaps1954
10th May 2022, 14:35
Most of the aircraft have gone through a major refurb and even the 733 are in great condition

simoncorbett
11th May 2022, 07:09
I’ve flown in the last week in 2 lovely 737-800’s with age difference of 13 years & to 95% of passengers would not know the age difference ….

Kevgti
11th May 2022, 20:21
it’s defo a b757-200. 42 rows.
there’s only one seating plan but there’s seems to be 2 different layouts.
Which dates? Could be a short term ACMI lease over the summer months.

irishlad06
12th May 2022, 01:35

there is still a Titan B757 to come to STN from end of may on lease until end of October.

there are also two short term leases (1-2) weeks at the end of may.

air explorer B738 to be based at EMA
Euroatlantic B763 to be based at MAN from 26th may

Cheeky999
12th May 2022, 02:13

flying out 24th sept on LS905, back 1st oct LS906.

Flying Hi
12th May 2022, 08:31
G-LSAN now at Lasham. May 10th.
The first of the few for Part Out?

irishlad06
12th May 2022, 10:59
G-LSAN now at Lasham. May 10th.
The first of the few for Part Out?

just having maintenance there before returning back to service

Flying Hi
12th May 2022, 12:03
just having maintenance there before returning back to service
Thanks Irishlad.
Bizarre isn't it - all the nice new and newish 737s and we (me) have a soft spot for the 757s.
Probably because Pre-covid had two holiday trips that used them (MAN-TFN and MAN -ACE).and were great flights both ways.

SealinkBF
18th May 2022, 14:02
Gran Canaria to Newcastle flight diverted over passenger disruption - BBC News (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-61490292)

"Jet2... said it took a "zero-tolerance approach" to disruptive behaviour and would "vigorously pursue" any costs incurred as a result of the diversion."

azz767
19th May 2022, 12:43
I saw a couple of B733’s operating out of MAN yesterday, I thought these were all going to be LBA based?

sdbelgium
19th May 2022, 14:06
I saw a couple of B733’s operating out of MAN yesterday, I thought these were all going to be LBA based?
All seven -300s were in Leeds yesterday, May 18th, of which four were operating and the others on the ground all day. Not sure which ones you saw operating out of MAN?

azz767
19th May 2022, 14:30
All seven -300s were in Leeds yesterday, May 18th, of which four were operating and the others on the ground all day. Not sure which ones you saw operating out of MAN?

my mistake I trusted fr24 having looked at the individual aircraft they did a Leeds route at the same time they were showing as doing a MAN route in the MAN departures list

garry8g
21st May 2022, 14:23
It looks like the Air Tanker A330 G-VYGL has gone tech, down in Dalaman yesterday(LS921). B757 G-LSAE positioned out last night and did the return LS922 over 6 hours late.

According to flightradar24, G-VYGL remains on the ground in Dalaman.

Both B757 G-LSAE & B737 G-DRTW are operating the LS921/LS922 flights today.

sdbelgium
21st May 2022, 16:51
G-VYGL went AOG in DLM due to a lightning and there being no A330 engineer in DLM to perform the inspection. As you mentioned, one 757 operated late last night and today's two flights brought the overspill pax from DLM.

G-VYGK will take over the A330 requirement for tomorrow May 22nd (MAN-TFS-MAN).
G-VYGL is expected back in MAN somewhere tomorrow afternoon to resume its duties on Monday.
G-VYGM is expected in MAN on the 25th to start operating alongside GL from the 26th.

Titan's G-ZAPX, currently in service for BA, will start operating for Jet2 from the 26th, based in Stansted (STN-PMI-STN-MAH-STN on its first day).

SJL26779
21st May 2022, 17:07
G-VYGK is still on the ground at MAN and was due to operate to ADB for TUI almost 3 hours ago. Let's hope it isn't delayed much longer or it could have a knock on effect to the replacement flights that it is due to be operating for Jet2 tomorrow.

SJL26779
25th May 2022, 14:27
Euroatlantic 767-300 en route to Manchester as EXS070J to commence for jet2 i believe from tomorrow.

sdbelgium
25th May 2022, 14:38
Euroatlantic 767-300 en route to Manchester as EXS070J to commence for jet2 i believe from tomorrow.
Until 6th of June, as will AirExplore OM-NEX in EMA.

Summer lease G-VYGM arrived today in MAN from BZZ.

ash9423
29th May 2022, 12:40
Jet2 seem to be suffering from some hefty delays, had quite a few friends delayed 4+ hours. Seems to be particularly bad at BHX/MAN. Is it just down to staffing issues like easyJet/BA?

Flying Wild
29th May 2022, 13:59
Jet2 seem to be suffering from some hefty delays, had quite a few friends delayed 4+ hours. Seems to be particularly bad at BHX/MAN. Is it just down to staffing issues like easyJet/BA?

Potentially. However, significant ATC slot delays across a swathe of destinations isn’t helping matters. If you’ve got many crews getting back late across a range of bases, you eventually run out of people who are in hours and need to delay flights for minimum rest.
What sets Jet2 apart from the rest is that they will get people on their holiday rather than cancel flights. Cancellation is really the very last resort. I’m sure customers would prefer to arrive late than not at all.

ash9423
29th May 2022, 15:31
Potentially. However, significant ATC slot delays across a swathe of destinations isn’t helping matters. If you’ve got many crews getting back late across a range of bases, you eventually run out of people who are in hours and need to delay flights for minimum rest.
What sets Jet2 apart from the rest is that they will get people on their holiday rather than cancel flights. Cancellation is really the very last resort. I’m sure customers would prefer to arrive late than not at all.

Thanks for reply! Not heard about these ATC slot delays. Any particular airports being worst affected? Nice to see so many flights back on the boards if nothing else

hec7or
29th May 2022, 19:31
I had a 4hr ATC delay in CFU on 20th May, allegedly due weather in the euro-control zone, but because it started out as a 2hr delay and then slipped to 4, I suspect it was a euro-control FUBAR helped along by the weather.
It's chaos out there and this summer is going to be total carnage.

MaxReheat
30th May 2022, 15:35
As one does, I took a look at Flightradar at around 0130 this morning. I was aghast to see EXS flights only just emerging out of Malaga, Alicante and Turkey with ETAs back in the UK well after 0400; in fact one, an A330 was 0545 - can't recall where it was coming from. Also, I noticed an inbound to the Canaries at 0130, too. Pity crewing but more so the crews.

Cautious Optimist
17th Jun 2022, 16:47
Question; possibly a silly one, but have any of the Jet2 fleet been known to switch from Jet2.com livery to Jet2 Holidays livery or vice versa, or do they stay in the livery they're allocated?

Mooncrest
17th Jun 2022, 17:15
Question; possibly a silly one, but have any of the Jet2 fleet been known to switch from Jet2.com livery to Jet2 Holidays livery or vice versa, or do they stay in the livery they're allocated?
I'm fairly certain they stay with their original livery, whatever that may be, for the whole of their Jet2 career. So far anyway. There was a plan a few years ago for one of the Air Tanker A330s to receive the Holidays livery but then Covid came along and put paid to the idea.

P330
17th Jun 2022, 17:59
CO,

I think there are a couple of 757 examples that moved from red tail to holidays. A search on AE shows that in both schemes.

I think these are the exception though and could be because ‘holidays’ was introduced after the 757s arrived and they wanted to get more aircraft in the new scheme?

I can’t think of this happening on any of the 737s.

Karl Denton
19th Jun 2022, 10:39
Hi fly A321 CS-TRJ positioned from Stansted to Manchester yesterday. Covering busy flights ?

chaps1954
19th Jun 2022, 13:57
Going out to Naples on a High Fly code so do`t think so unless a back up which hasn`t been needed

sdbelgium
19th Jun 2022, 14:33
Some ad-hoc leases:

ETF Airways B737-800 9A-LAB operating BRS-IBZ and BRS-LPA tomorrow 20th June.
Wamos A330-300 EC-NOG operated MAN-PMI consolidation flight yesterday 18th June.

Hi fly A321 CS-TRJ positioned from Stansted to Manchester yesterday. Covering busy flights ?
Going out to Naples on a High Fly code so do`t think so unless a back up which hasn`t been needed
I believe this is for maintenance, currently scheduled to resume Jet2 flights from STN on Wednesday, 22nd June.

ImagineIf
19th Jun 2022, 16:19
A321 YL-LDO - Former Finnair (OH-LZC) has joined SmartLynx and is now based at BHX as a standby aircraft to support the fleet of 4 currently operating for Jet2.

Operated by Finnair from delivery in 2000 making her a 22 year old vintage.

OltonPete
19th Jun 2022, 18:49
A321 YL-LDO - Former Finnair (OH-LZC) has joined SmartLynx and is now based at BHX as a standby aircraft to support the fleet of 4 currently operating for Jet2.

About time - shocking last weekend and again yesterday. BHX - Bergerac bussed to Leeds (one of many bussed away in the last few weeks), come on get a grip, even at TUI have been subbing in and getting flights away from the right airport (in respect of BHX). The golden halo has somewhat slipped over the last few weeks and let's hope it is put back in place quickly. I suppose if you set high standards and they slip it is more noticeable.

Pete

LBAflyer22
19th Jun 2022, 21:22
About time - shocking last weekend and again yesterday. BHX - Bergerac bussed to Leeds (one of many bussed away in the last few weeks), come on get a grip, even at TUI have been subbing in and getting flights away from the right airport (in respect of BHX). The golden halo has somewhat slipped over the last few weeks and let's hope it is put back in place quickly. I suppose if you set high standards and they slip it is more noticeable.

Pete

So they've bussed a few people to Leeds so what? And I guess you mean them operating from East Midlands instead of Birmingham? So you'd rather them suffer hefty delays from Birmingham with flights, potentially then not able to fly the return the next day, bring it back the next day then suffer 6+ delays from the morning and god knows in the evening. Two choices as an Arm Chair CEO to make - keep rolling with hefty delays from Birmingham, some as big as 9+ hours, that keep rolling and rolling and eventually your facing 24/36/48 hour delays OR move them next door in the grand scheme of airports, and have them go with minimal delay, minimal disruption.Looks to me like the real CEO's/Management got it right.

It's a minor inconvenience. But given the bigger picture what else is there to do? Roll with bigger and bigger delays? At least they didn't decide to operate from Stansted or Leeds or worse - Newcastle for those flights.

TUI - I mean there problems are well documented. But going on a holiday on a Sunday but not flying until Thursday (Cape Verde ring any alarms) I think I know where I'd be putting my trust and money.

Local Variation
19th Jun 2022, 21:50
People flying Birmingham to Bergerac being bussed to Leeds is quote “doing them a favour.’

I take it you don’t work in a customer facing role or were you the bus driver?

LBAflyer22
19th Jun 2022, 21:58
People flying Birmingham to Bergerac being bussed to Leeds is quote “doing them a favour.’

I take it you don’t work in a customer facing role or were you the bus driver?

When did I ever say it was doing them a favour? I don't ever recall saying that nor putting that. What I have done is given the bigger picture. Maybe I need to paint it a little more clearer for you:

Do Jet2 have 737-300's based at Birmingham? No.
Does Jet2 have any pilots that are 737-300 rated @ BHX? No because they don't base them at BHX so why would they waste money/time and ultimately the pilots time rating them for "what if" events.
Are the engineers rated on the 737-300 at Birmingham? Probably not. Cause guess what - they don't base 737-800s at BHX.
What would happen if that 737-300 went tech on arrival? Well some would be moaning that the flight probably got cancelled or worse delay by 24 hours.
What would happen if that 737-300 got stuck in BHX through crew hours (I'd suggest doing some bed time reading)? Probably have an affect on the next day's flying from Leeds and take crew from Leeds to collect the aircraft and bring it back.
So is it beneficial to operate from LBA given they also had multitude of issues with Smart Lynx and Hi Fly aircraft thus taking the standby 737-800's which is well documented for them having? Yes.

You're aware that flying it from LBA to BHX and vice versa is another sector. And more sectors = less crew hours incase things go wrong.

Local Variation
19th Jun 2022, 22:02
Re-read your own post. It’s not hard to find.

A340600MAN
20th Jun 2022, 22:31
I have just booked a flight to Arrecife, Lanzarote for September 23. The seating configuration was a 2-4-2. Is this a A330 Air Tanker configuration? Picked row 20 left hand side seats and the confirmation came back as seats 20A and 20C.

jon01
21st Jun 2022, 17:21
Possibly, but it could also be an old 767!

Maybe ask on the TUI thread?

LBA
21st Jun 2022, 18:53
Where does it say they are flying with TUI?

P330
22nd Jun 2022, 20:06
Is anyone aware of the expected delivery plan for the NEOs, beyond the from 2023 general comment in the original press release?

Any internal news yet on where initial deployments will be?

Given summer 23 is on sale, thought we would be seeing something by now...

jethro15
22nd Jun 2022, 20:34
Given summer 23 is on sale, thought we would be seeing something by now...
Long gone are the days of we have the aircraft, let us see if we can fill the seats.

Now, it's a case of let's sell the seats, and worry if we can full fill our obligation later.

A business plan that is not just aimed at Jet2. Others know who they are.

OltonPete
22nd Jun 2022, 22:43
[QUOTE=LBAflyer22;11248769]So they've bussed a few people to Leeds so what? And I guess you mean them operating from East Midlands instead of Birmingham? So you'd rather them suffer hefty delays from Birmingham with flights, potentially then not able to fly the return the next day, bring it back the next day then suffer 6+ delays from the morning and god knows in the evening. Two choices as an Arm Chair CEO to make - keep rolling with hefty delays from Birmingham, some as big as 9+ hours, that keep rolling and rolling and eventually your facing 24/36/48 hour delays OR move them next door in the grand scheme of airports, and have them go with minimal delay, minimal disruption.Looks to me like the real CEO's/Management got it right.

It's a minor inconvenience. But given the bigger picture what else is there to do? Roll with bigger and bigger delays? At least they didn't decide to operate from Stansted or Leeds or worse - Newcastle for those flights.

The Leeds example was just that and I am sure that decision wasn't taken lightly but I think you are deluded if you think these decisions are taken for the passengers benefit, in some cases it will be at the accountants behest. Not specifically that weekend but Jet2 have hardly subbed in at BHX, whereas other airlines have managed to find aircraft and whether that is just bad luck (others got in first) or down to the purse strings being tightened, I don't know and it could be said it is fair enough decision if it compromises the company finances but what is irritating, are appeasers believing that these decisions are always in the best interest of the passengers.

Pete

SealinkBF
7th Jul 2022, 10:12
UK Leisure Carrier Jet2 Lashes Out at ‘Atrocious’ Airports
UK Flight Chaos: Holiday Airlines Jet2 Lashes Out at ‘Atrocious’ Airports - Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-07/uk-leisure-carrier-jet2-lashes-out-at-atrocious-airports)

Jet2 isn't pulling any punches...

The96er
7th Jul 2022, 10:22
UK Leisure Carrier Jet2 Lashes Out at ‘Atrocious’ Airports
UK Flight Chaos: Holiday Airlines Jet2 Lashes Out at ‘Atrocious’ Airports - Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-07/uk-leisure-carrier-jet2-lashes-out-at-atrocious-airports)

Jet2 isn't pulling any punches...

He’s correct though. All involved from the airlines to the suppliers are all guilty of the same approach to recruitment and training that existed pre Covid. In order to be fully staffed and trained for the summer, recruitments needs to have been started by Christmas time at the latest. Most companies start their process around March time in order to not have staff on the books. The problem all stakeholders now have is that they’e in a constant death spiral in such that the workload is impossible for those currently doing the job, and new starters walk in an see the chaos and carnage and simply leave. The existing staff can only take so much and either go off sick or just leave themselves and the spiral down continues further.

Jamesair1
7th Jul 2022, 12:18
Maybe Jet 2 have the right approach in doing their own handling at their larger bases. Certainly gives them control of wages and conditions of work without being reliant of third parties.

P330
7th Jul 2022, 15:36
Jet2 announce 8% pay rise for staff plus a cost of living bonus.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/jet2-awards-staff-8-pay-rise-and-1000-bonus

ImagineIf
8th Jul 2022, 10:17

This did not last very long, DO was sent up to MAN days after entering service to operate for TUI so as it stands there is no SmartLynx standby aircraft on station for Jet2 at BHX. This seems to be creating quite the headache with multiple downgrades to the 737 and gnarly delays at times. Looks like 9H-SLG had a little holiday in ZTH having gone AOG on arrival. It only got back to BHX yesterday :eek:.

I suspect the decision makers are regretting jumping back in bed with SmartLynx, performance seems to echo 2018 & 2019 yet amplified with 4 aircraft flying for them.

ZULUBOY
8th Jul 2022, 12:56
There was a Smartlynx doing circles over my house in Brum this morning. FR suggests it took off destined for Faro and came back again.

Matt995
8th Jul 2022, 17:11
This did not last very long, DO was sent up to MAN days after entering service to operate for TUI so as it stands there is no SmartLynx standby aircraft on station for Jet2 at BHX. This seems to be creating quite the headache with multiple downgrades to the 737 and gnarly delays at times. Looks like 9H-SLG had a little holiday in ZTH having gone AOG on arrival. It only got back to BHX yesterday :eek:.

I suspect the decision makers are regretting jumping back in bed with SmartLynx, performance seems to echo 2018 & 2019 yet amplified with 4 aircraft flying for them.

YL-LDO was never a stand by aircraft for Jet2 at Birmingham, was always planned to operate for TUI out of Manchester.

The Smart Lynx A321's have been nothing but a headache for them, technical issues, delayed departures, meaning the crew go out of hours at the destination airport, I wonder if the first new A321 neos might be used to replace them for Summer 2023?

ImagineIf
9th Jul 2022, 11:41
YL-LDO was never a stand by aircraft for Jet2 at Birmingham, was always planned to operate for TUI out of Manchester.

The Smart Lynx A321's have been nothing but a headache for them, technical issues, delayed departures, meaning the crew go out of hours at the destination airport, I wonder if the first new A321 neos might be used to replace them for Summer 2023?

With respect, YL-LDO was allocated to be a "pool standby aircraft" stationed at BHX (correct as at June) and by "pool" I mean available to support Jet2 if any of their leased A321's fall over as well as other operators currently with SmartLynx aircraft. So yes the aircraft could end up with TUi, easyjet etc etc. DO was called into action just the other week for Jet2 but the flight ended up not going due to further issues. TUi do have an agreement with SmartLynx for an A321 but DO was not the original contender. SmartLynx have a few more 321's coming online of which YL-LDR is the assigned frame for TUi at MAN - it is however not expected in service until the middle of the month I am reliably informed. All subject to change of course...

My point is, there was an agreement for a standby aircraft for Jet2 (albeit shared) and currently there still isn't one because DO is now flying a full line for TUi out of MAN until another 321 is in service. I can't imagine Jet2 are impressed with the situation, the pool aircraft was never intended to go off to work for another operator for several weeks. Alas until SmartLynx physically have the extra frames the redundancy will not be there.

Jet2 will of course be looking to reduce their dependency on ACMI as soon as possible with the arrival of their own NEOs but it will be a complex transitional period. The arrival of the NEOs for them will see the 757 departures begin again and in time 733's & older 738's, lots of training/re-training for Flight & Cabin Crew involved. It may be a stretch to have a NEO flying from BHX by next summer but perhaps they will move their 3 A321-200s down from MAN as the NEOs arrive. Then perhaps ACMI & subpar service delivery can be avoided.

2Planks
14th Jul 2022, 07:41
Very amused by the BBCs latest air travel chaos piece this morning as they transferred to the jet2 check in area at EMA. The check in hall was deserted at 0815, as all 6 jet2 aircraft had departed on time by 0800 (as had all 6 FR). All the correspondent said was I promise you it was busy. Great advert for travelling with jet2 from EMA!

FRatSTN
14th Jul 2022, 08:22
Very amused by the BBCs latest air travel chaos piece this morning as they transferred to the jet2 check in area at EMA. The check in hall was deserted at 0815, as all 6 jet2 aircraft had departed on time by 0800 (as had all 6 FR). All the correspondent said was I promise you it was busy. Great advert for travelling with jet2 from EMA!

It's just the nature of these regional airports, similar aircraft utilisation on similar sector lengths, but it does feel Jet2 especially seem to do this bunching of flights on purpose. In NCL the other day all 8 Jet2 aircraft were scheduled out within one hour during the afternoon. Considering they have their own check-in and ground handling resource, you'd feel it would make better use of those to spread the schedule a bit.

I get the logic at the destination end, so multiple flights can use the same resort transfers, but not so much in the UK. Guessing Jet2 have crunched the data and do what works for them, but it seems an inefficiency to me.

Flying Wild
14th Jul 2022, 13:12
It's just the nature of these regional airports, similar aircraft utilisation on similar sector lengths, but it does feel Jet2 especially seem to do this bunching of flights on purpose. In NCL the other day all 8 Jet2 aircraft were scheduled out within one hour during the afternoon. Considering they have their own check-in and ground handling resource, you'd feel it would make better use of those to spread the schedule a bit.

I get the logic at the destination end, so multiple flights can use the same resort transfers, but not so much in the UK. Guessing Jet2 have crunched the data and do what works for them, but it seems an inefficiency to me.
Aircraft don't make money sitting on the ground. Where's the inefficiency, assuming they get off when scheduled.

FRatSTN
14th Jul 2022, 13:17
Aircraft don't make money sitting on the ground. Where's the inefficiency, assuming they get off when scheduled.

Totally agree with all those points, but that doesn't mean they have to bunch their schedule to quite the extreme they tend to.

LBAflyer22
14th Jul 2022, 15:59
Totally agree with all those points, but that doesn't mean they have to bunch their schedule to quite the extreme they tend to.

Schedules are not just bunched together for the fun. The big factor here is runway slots that Jet2 can obtain both from destination and Newcastle. Destination includes arrival and departure. Then work backwards in terms of flight time/block time. If they’ve been given some runway slots but cannot space the programme out bunching occurs.

SealinkBF
15th Jul 2022, 12:14

I saw the same piece. Certainly did nothing to dent the public's reception of Jet2 being "one of the good 'uns" :D

davidjohnson6
22nd Jul 2022, 18:49
It seems that Jet2 will not return to Amsterdam Schiphol
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/categorie/2/airlines/jet2-zegt-schiphol-vaarwel

OltonPete
22nd Jul 2022, 20:32
It seems that Jet2 will not return to Amsterdam Schiphol
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/categorie/2/airlines/jet2-zegt-schiphol-vaarwel

The speed in which the destination was removed was the biggest clue that it might not be coming back, almost only a few days after the suspension was announced it was gone from the booking engine unlike La Rochelle from BHX which 6 months later is still in the booking engine but not bookable. BHX somehow won't mind as 4 operators on one route was never going to last although easyjet have virtually gone until September, often only operating weekly.

A testing time today I see with BHX going to 14 based aircraft almost requiring 16 aircraft to get them through but one of the A321's has had its holiday cut short in Mahon and is now flying under an SmartLynx call-sign heading for Malta so I assume going for a bit of TLC. It landed Mahon 12:25 on the 20th and not moved until this evening.

The other rescue aircraft for the 01:55 inbound from Antalya (B73H replacing the A321 yesterday afternoon) was showing for BHX this evening but FR24 & BHX show it has been redirected to Manchester. Mind you surprised Manchester allowing a non-MAN flight with passengers to process and that will be close on a day late for the pax once they get the coach back to BHX. I assume if yesterday afternoons outbound was full the unlucky 31 get to wait a day or go from another airport?

I trust some part of todays delays was down to ATC slots as all airlines seem to affected to some degree.

Looks like just two flights to go today at BHX (one 4 hours late and the other 2.30) so that will make all 29 out of 29 on the outbounds at least.

Pete

Mr Mac
2nd Aug 2022, 07:32
With Jet 2 again this evening from LBA to Palma as we have a wedding to attend, so tacking a few days leave on. Looks like an oldish 737 300 (25 years) and I have not flown from LBA since early 2000,s so will be interesting to compare with Manchester base. Back from Palma Sunday to Munich.

Cheers
MrMac

Mr Mac
3rd Aug 2022, 10:10
Flight down good with extra leg room seats across the middle and empty seats all across the middle so we both got windows seats. Cleared Palma in 30 min but 40 min in Gold Car to get rental. Leeds Bradford interesting and busy and they desperately need a new terminal as extremely warm in areas. Used the Runway lounge which had good views but poor food, and little Ice and no Lemons or Limes in fact no fruit at all, and I know first world problems but at £30 + each you should get that.

Cheers
Mr Mac

GayFriendly
3rd Aug 2022, 12:43
Nice to see Jet2 giving BHX - NCE another go for S23 twice weekly May -Oct.

NRU74
3rd Aug 2022, 17:26
Given the latest Monkey Pox stats I suspect that the latest Jet2 email advert saying 'Don't monkey around, these deals may swing on by' followed by a set of monkeys and bananas may not be one of their finest advertisements !

scrapy
3rd Aug 2022, 18:07
Given the latest Monkey Pox stats I suspect that the latest Jet2 email advert saying 'Don't monkey around, these deals may swing on by' followed by a set of monkeys and bananas may not be one of their finest advertisements !
Don't think Nandos or KFC ever suffered a downturn in times when chickenpox cases have gone up.

LBAflyer22
3rd Aug 2022, 22:21

Given the fact it really only affects gay men, and the chances of catching it are slim (unless you of course listen the media or to the World Health Organisation who's director ignored the boards vote which said it was not a pandemic and he went on and called it such anyway) then it's really not that bad.

caaardiff
4th Aug 2022, 06:26
Given the fact it really only affects gay men, and the chances of catching it are slim (unless you of course listen the media or to the World Health Organisation who's director ignored the boards vote which said it was not a pandemic and he went on and called it such anyway) then it's really not that bad.

Wow. May I suggest you do some research on how it can spread without completely insulting a large group of human beings?

Jonty
4th Aug 2022, 06:33
Wow. May I suggest you do some research on how it can spread without completely insulting a large group of human beings?

To be fair, while anyone can catch it and pass it on, around 90% of cases have been in men who have had sex with other men. That’s not meant to insult anyone, it’s just a statement of fact.

caaardiff
4th Aug 2022, 07:50
To be fair, while anyone can catch it and pass it on, around 90% of cases have been in men who have had sex with other men. That’s not meant to insult anyone, it’s just a statement of fact.
Very different to "It only affects gay men" which basically creates an 'i'm not gay so it won't hurt me' mentality. It is insulting to gay men....
That kind of complacency will eventually result in other people catching and spreading it, because as you say "Anyone can catch it and pass it on". :ugh:
Anyway, back on topic.

LBAflyer22
4th Aug 2022, 09:21

As a gay man, I'm completely up to date with my research thank you very much. It's not an insult it's a fact. It does on the whole mainly affect gay man. You go to gay charities, you go to a clinic dealing with STI's and they will all the say the same thing.

So rather then getting on your morale high ground about been "insulted" how about you accept a) the email you was sent by the Jet2 marketing team was not distasteful and b) get off your "oh I'm highly offended" soap box. As this begun by saying it "could be highly offensive" about the latest email they sent .... Only ever highly offensive when people like you begin moaning about how offensive it is.

Back to topic....

chaps1954
4th Aug 2022, 10:40
And there you go some people get offended far too easy or think others will.

CabinCrewe
4th Aug 2022, 15:03
with all the TUI shenanigans at ABZ so far this summer, wonder if it would be a good opportunity for Jet2 to capitalise and grab some action, even some routes like pattern FR operates as not sure (though maybe) it would justify a full time single based aircraft. Its always be a bit on the periphery historically getting Hispania, Aviaco or Spanair instead of mainline. Remember the ill fated Monarch scheduled routes ex ABZ (We could spot a mile off they would never last)

Richard Taylor
5th Aug 2022, 14:25
As long as they keep Jess Glynne away from ABZ..... ;)

Big Tudor
5th Aug 2022, 20:08
As long as they keep Jess Glynne away from ABZ..... ;)
”Wee darling, haud ma haund.” 😆

P330
7th Aug 2022, 17:54
Jet2 were the only UK airline not to cancel a flight in July.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/20603858.amp/

P330
7th Aug 2022, 17:56
Jet2 slammed by unions for not wanting to engage in a discussion about pilot fatigue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/jet2-pilot-tired-fatigue-balpa-b2132993.html?amp

chaps1954
7th Aug 2022, 18:45
Oh I can see it they want the airline shut down and all holidays cancelled

Chesty Morgan
7th Aug 2022, 19:12
Jet2 slammed by unions for not wanting to engage in a discussion about pilot fatigue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/jet2-pilot-tired-fatigue-balpa-b2132993.html?amp
Read - Balpa are having a hissy fit because Jet2 wont talk to them about fatigue.

I have had no issues going fatigued when I've needed to. No comeback, no calls, nothing.

If it ain't broke...

SWBKCB
7th Aug 2022, 19:35
Read - Balpa are having a hissy fit because Jet2 wont talk to them about fatigue.

I have had no issues going fatigued when I've needed to. No comeback, no calls, nothing.

If it ain't broke...

Depends on your meaning of "hissy fit" - the article says:

“Jet2 pilots have asked Balpa to work with the airline to agree meaningful safety protections for their rosters in light of the current - more permissive - European flight time rules, which Balpa believes some airlines use as targets and not maximum limits,” the union said in a statement. 

Doesn't seem too unreasonable an approach from a union to respond to requests from its members?

Albert Hall
7th Aug 2022, 19:46
It rather depends on whether the union has majority support to start throwing its weight around. And one might also ask how the state of the general “relationships” are between BALPA and Jet2 😜

speed13ird
7th Aug 2022, 20:29

If it ain't broke...

you have completely missed the point, why were you fatigued?

Chesty Morgan
7th Aug 2022, 22:58
you have completely missed the point, why were you fatigued?
I think that's none of your business.

excrab
8th Aug 2022, 10:30
If it was due to family and personal circumstances preventing you resting it isn’t. If it was due to rostering practises then in view of the topic it might be of legitimate interest.

Bam Thwok
8th Aug 2022, 15:00

If it ain't broke...

I’m with Chesty on this one.

I read the internal J2 BALPA communications in the lead up to the “going public”.
To me, it’s obvious that the CC are, understandably, frustrated with the continuing stance of the Company in belligerently refusing to discuss “rostering”
However, the press article honestly took me quite by surprise. I found it sensationalist, ill timed and thought out.
Quite frankly, I didn’t recognise or agree with its claims.

I wholeheartedly agree with Chesty. When I’ve felt at any time fatigued I’ve gone through the Company process with “ no comeback, no calls, nothing”
What would have been logged though, is a “fatigue report” for the company to add to the stats.

The trouble I believe is that there are too few of us doing this and so the Company can argue that there isn’t a problem.
I hear all too often from colleagues that complain of bad rostering and feeling fatigued but it transpires that they’ve agreed to work days off, swop rostered duties and accept roster changes when not obliged to.

We’re our own worst enemy !

P330
14th Aug 2022, 17:28
This sounds quite distressing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/hero-jet2-passenger-restrains-woman-27737124

Flying Wild
14th Aug 2022, 18:08
I’m with Chesty on this one.

I read the internal J2 BALPA communications in the lead up to the “going public”.
To me, it’s obvious that the CC are, understandably, frustrated with the continuing stance of the Company in belligerently refusing to discuss “rostering”
However, the press article honestly took me quite by surprise. I found it sensationalist, ill timed and thought out.
Quite frankly, I didn’t recognise or agree with its claims.

I wholeheartedly agree with Chesty. When I’ve felt at any time fatigued I’ve gone through the Company process with “ no comeback, no calls, nothing”
What would have been logged though, is a “fatigue report” for the company to add to the stats.

The trouble I believe is that there are too few of us doing this and so the Company can argue that there isn’t a problem.
I hear all too often from colleagues that complain of bad rostering and feeling fatigued but it transpires that they’ve agreed to work days off, swop rostered duties and accept roster changes when not obliged to.

We’re our own worst enemy !

I think the point is though, that the company isn't willing to take advice from experienced professionals in the field of fatigue nor invest in the software to actively look at the roster to identify potentially fatiguing duty blocks. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify that a duty on day one checking in around 0500z then a duty on day 2 checking out at 0200z on day 3 is probably going to be a fatiguing change. Why should it be down to a crew member to highlight this, or report fatigued - it should be captured before ever reaching the active roster.

lfc84
14th Aug 2022, 19:37
This sounds quite distressing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/hero-jet2-passenger-restrains-woman-27737124
Sounds like the cabin crew should have been more robust in their response

Flying Wild
14th Aug 2022, 19:55

They are not trained in restraint techniques. If they attempted to physically restrain a passenger and something untoward resulted, they'd be out with the company SOPs and probably left to face subsequent legal action themselves.

MARKEYD
14th Aug 2022, 20:27

Obviously you were there to help out. ?

What a stupid comment to make and not knowing the full story and what crew were involved in the incident i suggest you refrain from posting comments like this

davidjohnson6
14th Aug 2022, 20:32
They are not trained in restraint techniques. If they attempted to physically restrain a passenger and something untoward resulted, they'd be out with the company SOPs and probably left to face subsequent legal action themselves.
I thought the Air Navigation Order exists to give crew very strong powers to do whatever seems necessary at the time, especially post 9/11 ?

speed13ird
14th Aug 2022, 20:43
I think that's none of your business.
If I may rephrase my point, if it's a personal issue you call in sick, but if you are fatigued due poor rostering or unforeseen circumstances then it's not a personal issue is it?

jethro15
14th Aug 2022, 21:00

A totally unjust statement.

For a start, there are inconsistences with what is/was being reported, and what the video shows. Agreed, the passenger is behaving in an unacceptable manner towards a cabin crew member and another passenger. Given the stature female staff involved, and the abuse she was subjected to, I applaud her efforts to remain calm. I wasn’t there but it does appear that a fellow passenger intervened to alleviate the situation. However, I feel there is more to this incident than journalism and social media are enabling constructive comment to be made.

It was a serious incident necessitating a divert to offload the offending passenger. I for one am prepared to wait for an official outcome, before falling foul of casting ill-informed judgment.

I thought the Air Navigation Order exists to give crew very strong powers to do whatever seems necessary at the time, especially post 9/11?

An interesting point. I’m sure there have been incidents reported on this forum of cabin staff restraining passengers, just like there have been of passengers doing likewise. Supper is ready; therefore, research is on hold.

Bam Thwok
15th Aug 2022, 07:01
For a start, there are inconsistences with what is/was being reported, and what the video shows.

Yeh……one huge inconsistency is the fact that the included video is of a totally different incident that occurred at the end of March !

Chesty Morgan
15th Aug 2022, 08:20
If I may rephrase my point, if it's a personal issue you call in sick, but if you are fatigued due poor rostering or unforeseen circumstances then it's not a personal issue is it?
If you are fatigued because of a personal issue you call in fatigued. If you are fatigued for any other reason you call in fatigued. If you think you might be fatigued because of a particular block of duties you file a future fatigue report.

But whether a personal issue or not it's still not any of your business why I may have done any of the above.

Karl Denton
6th Sep 2022, 19:52
G-VYGL went back to Brize Norton in Early hours of this morning after getting back from Dalaman. Parked at the Air Tanker area at the moment. Not sure if it was scheduled for any flights today or not

Buster the Bear
6th Sep 2022, 20:06
G-VYGL reported as 'end of lease' return to Brize.

RA85684
7th Sep 2022, 12:58
So I see Jet2 have just announced their Iceland breaks for W23/24, looks like a decent schedule being offered and I'm glad to see this aspect of the operation growing. I presume the Christmas market breaks to Berlin, Vienna and the like will be coming up next.

Which begs the question, are we going to see a return of New York? As best I can tell they were turning a profit, more flights offered each year, even filling the A330's. What do we reckon? Will the A321neo's be able to cut it? AFAIK they aren't LR's, but there should be a couple in the fleet by W23.

LBAflyer22
7th Sep 2022, 13:15
G-VYGL reported as 'end of lease' return to Brize.

Its back tomorrow. No end of lease - Goes back after October half term.

SKOJB
7th Sep 2022, 22:12
Good to see more route growth with city breaks and summer sun announced recently. Do we think there will be any additional base expansion also?

samj
8th Sep 2022, 11:00
How long is EC-MAJ (Wamos) and the other 2 x A330's on lease until? Will any also be here for the Winter 2022 schedule?

I see Summer 2023 they have 3 booked in, where are these coming from? Guess it's 2 x Air Tanker, but what about the other?

ManUtd1999
11th Sep 2022, 15:01
Do we think there will be any additional base expansion also?

In the short term I would imagine the focus is on restoring profitability post-Covid and riding out the looming recession. Longer term, it will be interesting to see where they go next. Excluding London, the busiest airports not served by Jet2 are:

Liverpool, Aberdeen, Southampton, Cardiff, Doncaster, Exeter

Of that list, I would say Cardiff and Liverpool are the most likely. It depends on how much overlap their is with their own markets at Manchester/Bristol.

Then the big question is whether they want to try Gatwick at some stage. The south-east is about the only area of the UK they don't serve from existing bases, so i'm sure they could make it work. Getting enough slots to make it worthwhile might be the biggest obstacle.

SKOJB
11th Sep 2022, 15:55
In the short term I would imagine the focus is on restoring profitability post-Covid and riding out the looming recession. Longer term, it will be interesting to see where they go next. Excluding London, the busiest airports not served by Jet2 are:

Of that list, I would say Cardiff and Liverpool are the most likely. It depends on how much overlap their is with their own markets at Manchester/Bristol.

Then the big question is whether they want to try Gatwick at some stage. The south-east is about the only area of the UK they don't serve from existing bases, so i'm sure they could make it work. Getting enough slots to make it worthwhile might be the biggest obstacle.

interesting thoughts and agree that the south/south east is not yet served by them and would probably be high up on their wish list. Of those highlighted, maybe SOU with their runway extension and no direct competition, also has a large catchment area!!

Flying Wild
11th Sep 2022, 16:00

Cardiff? Unlikely, given they are at Bristol and you don't need to pay to cross the Severn anymore.
They have already felt their way at Gatwick with the ski and Santa charters over the winter. The issue would be in finding suitable slots.
Initially, there will be expansion at Manchester and Birmingham with the new Airbus fleet. Probably some minor expansion at other bases as they balance the fleets.

RA85684
11th Sep 2022, 23:05
An interesting thought. Southampton has the potential to be an absolute gold mine for an airline like Jet2, providing they can iron out a few major issues.

Now we all know that Southampton has handled 737 800's, A321's and 757's in the past on an ad-hoc basis and A319/20's and E-195's on a regularly scheduled basis. However there are a number of important points.

1. People love Southampton, SOU/LGW have essentially the same catchment outside of London. The main difference is that most passengers prefer to use Southampton if it suits their needs. This relies on Southampton being able to absorb a 4, 6, 8, 10... However many aircraft base in the long term and still keep its attraction as a convenient, friendly, easy to use, small airport with brilliant public transport links. From personal experience, one of the best in the country and I love it. London City has managed to get up to 5mppa and keep its attraction, so it's not impossible. If Southampton clogs itself up though and becomes a sh*tshow... Advantage Gatwick.

2. Runway length. The extension will put SOU between SEN and BRS in terms of runway length. You can launch an A320 to the Canaries out of SEN and pretty much any narrowbody to anywhere meaningful out of SEN. So I'd be optimistic that the 738 SFP at LS could operate a meaningful number of their bread and butter routes, year round pretty reliably with only minimal penalties. I'd hope the same could be said for the A321neo, it appears to have great performance and Thomas Cook managed the bog standard A321 out of Bristol with 212 punters onboard... The A21N has to be better.
I reckon it's safe to say that continental Europe isn't going to be an issue at all. The canaries, further flung Greek islands and Cyprus might take occasional penalties.

3. Is there enough room for SOU to handle (for example, medium term, not an unreasonable estimate) 8 based aircraft up to the size of an A321neo. Park them overnight, boot them all out within 2-3 hours in the morning before receiving, turning and booting again in a wave in the afternoon? Firstly it appears that would take up half of the available stands. Stand 1 can't be used. Stands 13 and 14 are push and tow to A6, then start up, which would be a bit of a ballache but not the end of the world. It appears some work would need to be done to the terminal and apron to make SOU attractive to Jet2 and able to support a sizeable base. I can't see Jet2 being interested if they were capped at 2/3 aircraft.

SKOJB
12th Sep 2022, 10:52
Do Jet2 operate the SFP 738? If so it would probably suit SOU quite comfortably. From small acorns and all that, I could imagine a LCC start up with a 2 plane base and to accommodate say a dozen routes initially

samj
12th Sep 2022, 11:25
I would be amazed if they couldn't make Gatwick work. Many people in the South East would use them, and would be good to give TUI competition also.

AvGeek1
12th Sep 2022, 12:17
I think Jet2 at Gatwick is very unlikely, as they have set up quite a decent operation at Stansted which works for them and Gatwick offers fierce completion from not only TUI but also all the low-cost carriers. Southampton I think could work well for them with a couple of based aircraft as said above operating key holiday routes (the usual Alicante, Malaga, Palma, Canaries, Greece, Turkey etc) with some scope of growth in the future. TUI operated quite an awful summer programme in terms of punctuality this year with many long delays, so may be able to entice people away from using TUI at Gatwick.

Le Tirer
12th Sep 2022, 12:35
Excluding London, the busiest airports not served by Jet2 are:

Post-COVID Bournemouth has been handling more passengers than Exeter and Southampton e.g July 2022 BOH 97,553, SOU 71,353, EXT 47,449

Mooncrest
12th Sep 2022, 12:39
Do Jet2 operate the SFP 738? If so it would probably suit SOU quite comfortably. From small acorns and all that, I could imagine a LCC start up with a 2 plane base and to accommodate say a dozen routes initially
Yes, some of their new builds are SFP.

SKOJB
12th Sep 2022, 12:57
Post-COVID Bournemouth has been handling more passengers than Exeter and Southampton e.g July 2022 BOH 97,553, SOU 71,353, EXT 47,449

Can’t see EXS going anywhere near BOH and trying to muscle in on a well served TUI/RYR base. If they do head south, it’s either LGW or SOU with maybe a preference for SOU simply because of little to no competition there along with first class transport links

SWBKCB
12th Sep 2022, 15:52

Stansted?

Did SOU agree restricted opening hours as part of the runway planning permission?

Buster the Bear
12th Sep 2022, 20:15
According to rumour, Jet2 were looking at a Hurn base for 2021. 2020 had been considered, but a lack of crew thwarted that. Covid scuppered the plans.

BristolexFlyer
12th Sep 2022, 20:55
Maybe a small base at Humberside could work if DSA does indeed close.

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer

RA85684
12th Sep 2022, 22:41
Does Bournemouth have the same draw (ease of use, transport links, pleasant and efficient experience) as Southampton for the Southern, wealthy Home Counties contingent?

I do believe in "build it and they will come" and Bournemouth could take a Jet2 base of desired size with any of their current aircraft types from day 1 without additional considerations being made however an established BOH base would negate a future SOU base should SOU become suitable.

I personally couldn't see Jet2 entering any new market with less than 4 based aircraft and given the catchment area, I imagine any prospective South/South East base would have to have scope to grow to a similar size as their newest bases at a similar pace. What's that? 10 A/C+ each for Bristol, Stansted and Birmingham. That's most definitely too much of an ask for Southampton currently and technically feasible but a tall order for Bournemouth. I imagine the morning rush with more than 4 aircraft would be a thoroughly miserable experience at both airports as they currently stand.

I would love to see a sizeable Jet2 Southampton base... But it strikes me that the required work would be too much.

samj
29th Sep 2022, 16:45
Are the A330's staying with Jet2 over the Winter like they did in the 2019 Winter season?

irishlad06
30th Sep 2022, 00:24
All lease aircraft going back to respective operators for the winter season as it currently stands. There is now no plan to have any leased aircraft past the 6th November.

EC-MAJ last day flying is today and goes back to Madrid tomorrow.

Airbanda
30th Sep 2022, 07:54
Does Bournemouth have the same draw (ease of use, transport links, pleasant and efficient experience) as Southampton for the Southern, wealthy Home Counties contingent?

Probably not, No direct rail connection and further off the M/way network.

samj
30th Sep 2022, 08:16
All lease aircraft going back to respective operators for the winter season as it currently stands. There is now no plan to have any leased aircraft past the 6th November.

EC-MAJ last day flying is today and goes back to Madrid tomorrow.

They are returning in S23 though aren't they? Which 3 will it be? G-VYGL/G-VYGM I presume, with another?

P330
30th Sep 2022, 12:32
Still no update on when the first 321s arrive and where they’re going?

The Flying Stool
30th Sep 2022, 13:15
First A321NEO due in the spring. Based Manchester initially.

2nd Oct 2022, 15:29
Jet2 suffered a few issues with their 757-200 fleet yesterday. I believe G-LSAE had to turn back after departure from FUE on LS910 yesterday and land at TFS. I believe a technical issue was the cause.

G-LSAI was meant to go to AYT on LS895 but was swapped due to a fault too.

I also noticed G-LSAC moved from MAN - SNN today. I assume for some work? I flew on AC last week.

rubymurray
2nd Oct 2022, 18:57
AE did indeed divert to Tenerife due to a technical issue, believed to be engine related.

AI had a broken toilet door that would have taken quite a while to fix so the crew swapped onto AA instead to keep the delay to a minimum, nothing too exciting. AI was back flying this morning.

AC has gone to Shannon for a C Check, she’ll be followed by the majority of the fleet having similar checks over the winter.

garry8g
2nd Oct 2022, 19:39
According to Jethros, Jet2 has acquired 6 second hand B737-800's. (all mid-life 13/14 years old)

G-JZBT, G-JZBU. G-JZBV & G-JZBW - all ex SAS Norge.

Also G-JZBX & G-JZBY - both ex Sunwing.

LBIA
2nd Oct 2022, 20:02
Any truth in rumour that the Boeing 757's are returning home to LBA next summer?

rubymurray
2nd Oct 2022, 20:18
There’s been talk of a Titan 757 being based in Leeds next summer but the Jet2 planes are staying in Manchester

Bigt
3rd Oct 2022, 08:58
According to Jethros, Jet2 has acquired 6 second hand B737-800's. (all mid-life 13/14 years old)

I guess that will see the end of the remaining -300 series aircraft and probably destined for Kemble?

aapeters
3rd Oct 2022, 09:37
-300's are flying from LBA for S23, not sure how many though

garry8g
3rd Oct 2022, 09:41
I guess that will see the end of the remaining -300 series aircraft and probably destined for Kemble?

Nope, the 300's still flying at LBA in 23.

These are for expansion at Bristol, EMA and Newcastle possibly.

P330
3rd Oct 2022, 10:15

Interesting. I guess you buy what is available and affordable but I thought that all additions from now on would have been 321s.

Wonder If this allows for fewer leased in machines?

OltonPete
3rd Oct 2022, 10:38
Interesting. I guess you buy what is available and affordable but I thought that all additions from now on would have been 321s.

Wonder If this allows for fewer leased in machines?

Well they now have good experience of old 321's now and I am sure they won't have been pleased with the ones at BHX until they changed their schedule to a 3 aircraft operation using 4 aircraft on rotation. The solution has worked well but hardly an ideal situation and the original schedule was 4 active A321's on most days. I doubt that this was a load-related decision from looking at the CAA stats and local knowledge.

Pete

JonnyH
3rd Oct 2022, 15:16
Nope, the 300's still flying at LBA in 23.

These are for expansion at Bristol, EMA and Newcastle possibly.

it had long been rumoured for a few months that there would be a tenth at NCL for S23. Unlikely to be pushed to 11 I would very much doubt but fingers crossed.

LiamNCL
3rd Oct 2022, 17:00
it had long been rumoured for a few months that there would be a tenth at NCL for S23. Unlikely to be pushed to 11 I would very much doubt but fingers crossed.

Thought it was only 8 738s this summer with the 9th dropping in for the school holiday season from EDI ?

JonnyH
3rd Oct 2022, 21:14
Thought it was only 8 738s this summer with the 9th dropping in for the school holiday season from EDI ?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. For S23 it will, apparently, go up to 10 during the 6 week period.

I am not sure if the 8 will increase to 9 outside of that period but I’m sure there’ll be someone closer to it than I am that can confirm.

Marty82
6th Oct 2022, 16:16
Jet2 really nipping at the heels of TUI UK now - amazing that such a huge multinational company could allow this to happen - well done to Jet2! With no new bases on the horizon could we see W flights to unserved UK airports to further close the gap on TUI?

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/jet2holidays-closes-gap-on-tui-in-latest-round-of-atol-renewals

Jet2holidays closed the gap on Tui UK in the latest round of Atol renewals to leave the big-two groups almost neck and neck for the title of UK’s biggest tour operator. Tui remains the UK number one with a licence for 5,336,410 public sales over the 12 months to September 2023, up from about 5.1 million this summer. But Jet2holidays is now only just behind with an Atol for exactly 5.3 million public sales, barely 36,000 behind Tui, an increase from 4.656 million this summer and from 3.8 million in the spring. More: Jet2 and Jet2holidays raise capacity to Greece Jet2 boss hails package holidays as right for ‘challenging economic times’ Tui to increase winter flights from UK to Barbados The latest renewal sees Jet2holidays surpass its previous highest Atol total of 4.8 million in the March 2020 renewals which proved impossible to fulfil because of the Covid-19 pandemic. However, Tui UK is also licensed for additional Atol-protected sales. Tui cruise line Marella Cruises is licensed for 245,715, and Tui UK is licensed for 177,661 Atol-to-Atol sales – taking its total Atol licence numbers to 5,759,786. Together, the big two anticipate carrying more than 11 million Atol-protected holidaymakers over the coming winter and next summer in a show of confidence in the UK market. On the Beach with an Atol for 1,863,023 sales, We Love Holidays with 1,854,038 and easyJet Holidays with 1,294,465 make up the top-five licence holders. On the Beach has increased its licence by more than 600,000 compared to the Atol it held for summer 2020 and We Love Holidays grown by almost 800,000. Atol numbers can vary over the course of a licensing period, but a significant variation must be signed off by the regulator, the CAA. Commenting on Tui’s Atol increase, Tui UK and Ireland managing director Andrew Flintham told Travel Weekly: “It’s really positive. The industry is back. We’re seeing growth across all our destinations. “Despite a lot of gloom about the economic future, it’s clear that people still value their holidays and we have great confidence and solid forward bookings.” Jet2 and Jet2holidays chief executive Steve Heapy said the company’s focus was not on being the biggest Atol holder, but added its ongoing strong performance allowed it to continue to increase its licence. More: Jet2 and Jet2holidays raise capacity to Greece Jet2 boss hails package holidays as right for ‘challenging economic times’ Tui to increase winter flights from UK to Barbados

daz211
6th Oct 2022, 18:14
I think Jet2 would easily overtake TUI if they were to introduce a longhaul holiday problem.
im not saying now is the right time or that they are set up to do it, It’s just an opinion.

SJL26779
11th Oct 2022, 13:42
Sumner 2024 went on sale this morning.

Newcastle to Chania in Crete is new. 1 x weekly Thursday flight. Will update once more routes are announced

ATNotts
11th Oct 2022, 16:08
Sumner 2024 went on sale this morning.

Newcastle to Chania in Crete is new. 1 x weekly Thursday flight. Will update once more routes are announced

What? Summer 2022 hasn't yet wrapped up. Of course releasing a program 18 months ahead is little but a naked (and clearly successful) ruse to get extra cashflow during the winter season but, really nobody knows where we'll be in July 2024, a fair few of us will likely be no longer here at all, many will have lost their jobs, some others become divorced or separated and I'm not being morbid there, just realistic.

One thing is certain, no matter how small the deposit is, there is no way I would give any business any of my hard earned cash up to two years before I use their service. That money is better in my bank than theirs!

davidjohnson6
11th Oct 2022, 16:35
2 years ahead is a long time to be making a commitment for an airline. Between now and April 2023, ie the main summer booking season, there's a huge amount of information to be gained by analysing customer behaviour patterns - ie where pax use their credit cards, as well as looking at how the economic and political situation develops. In return for the cashflow, Jet2 is committing itself (or risking annoying pax by making changes to their booking)

Does the winter cashflow outweigh these risks, constraints and other gaps in knowledge ?

SWBKCB
11th Oct 2022, 17:39
Does the winter cashflow outweigh these risks, constraints and other gaps in knowledge ?

Guess so, or they wouldn't be doing it.

VickersVicount
11th Oct 2022, 20:03
Guess so, or they wouldn't be doing it.
Yet FlyBe, Monarch etc did similar?

ATNotts
11th Oct 2022, 21:02
I don't recall Flybe putting flights on sale 18 months or so in advance?

Kevgti
12th Oct 2022, 11:39
What? Summer 2022 hasn't yet wrapped up. Of course releasing a program 18 months ahead is little but a naked (and clearly successful) ruse to get extra cashflow during the winter season but, really nobody knows where we'll be in July 2024, a fair few of us will likely be no longer here at all, many will have lost their jobs, some others become divorced or separated and I'm not being morbid there, just realistic.

One thing is certain, no matter how small the deposit is, there is no way I would give any business any of my hard earned cash up to two years before I use their service. That money is better in my bank than theirs!

Jet2 keep customers cash separate until the flight/holiday has taken place.

Oceanic815
12th Oct 2022, 12:05
The other way of looking at it is that the deposit is only £60 per person and it will then fix the price of your holiday for 2024. You can bet the longer you wait, the more prices will increase. Just my view!

SWBKCB
12th Oct 2022, 12:06

Did they? and what's that got to do with what Jet2 do, and have been doing successfully?

SJL26779
12th Oct 2022, 16:46
7 UK bases have been released so far.

Belfast International, Bristol, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford and Newcastle International Airports.

The new routes from the seven bases on sale today (calendar:T5:today) are as follows:

• Bristol– new weekly services to Izmir
• Bristol– brand-new weekly services to Bourgas (Bulgaria)
• Bristol– new weekly services to Costa de Almeria
• Bristol– brand-new twice weekly services to Naples
• East Midlands– brand-new weekly service to Crete (Chania)
• East Midlands– brand-new weekly service to Naples
• Newcastle International– brand-new weekly flights to Crete (Chania)

samj
12th Oct 2022, 17:47
Shame there's still no Gatwick..

fanrailuk
12th Oct 2022, 17:51
7 UK bases have been released so far.

Belfast International, Bristol, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford and Newcastle International Airports.

The new routes from the seven bases on sale today (calendar:T5:today) are as follows:

• Bristol– new weekly services to Izmir
• Bristol– brand-new weekly services to Bourgas (Bulgaria)
• Bristol– new weekly services to Costa de Almeria
• Bristol– brand-new twice weekly services to Naples
• East Midlands– brand-new weekly service to Crete (Chania)
• East Midlands– brand-new weekly service to Naples
• Newcastle International– brand-new weekly flights to Crete (Chania)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BRS-LEI and BRS-ADB operated this year...and still are for the remainder of S22, currently bookable.

They will then not operate for S23. And return for S24.

Is this a case of making out "new" routes are "new" when in fact they are not?

:ugh:

SWBKCB
12th Oct 2022, 17:58
Is this a case of making out "new" routes are "new" when in fact they are not?

They are "new" as opposed to "brand-new" - this is marketing, not history! :ok:

VickersVicount
12th Oct 2022, 20:03
Did they? and what's that got to do with what Jet2 do, and have been doing successfully?
Risking cashflow in very unpredictable times, its only 2022…But of course Jet2 can do no wrong…
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/regulation/travel-must-live-with-no-return-to-normality-and-end-of-cheap-money

flybar
12th Oct 2022, 21:52
Risking cashflow in very unpredictable times, its only 2022…But of course Jet2 can do no wrong…
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/regulation/travel-must-live-with-no-return-to-normality-and-end-of-cheap-money
They do seem to do most things right!

Fletch
12th Oct 2022, 22:09

How does selling Holidays early risk Cashflow?

aapeters
13th Oct 2022, 08:24
Selling holidays early at a lot higher prices and securing the higher yield/margins? sounds like common sense to me :)

LBAflyer22
13th Oct 2022, 11:43

Won't be accused of been a "Jet2 fan boy" and therefore Jet2 can do no wrong.

I watched the countless interviews with Steve Heapy during the pandemic and I'd like to get your view on this. Since your so anti putting holidays on for a 18 months out.

If Jet2/Jet2holidays keep the customers money, in a separate pot to their "business money" and the money is only transferred over once the flight has departed (Or probably been automatic the day after all that days flying) how is this risking cashflow? They can see, forward, what's coming into the business, knowledge of what is booked in advance bookings, probably got sight of what money is coming into the business in the next 3 months due flights been booked full etc. So tell me how on earth that is risky business?

Bare also in mind, Jet2 had a nice cash balance "pot" pre-pandemic, "surplus" cash if you will to see them through events such as the "pandemic". They are run very astutely, and know what with experience, what has caused other tour operators to fail/downsize and not be able to materialise on opportunities.

Your aware aren't you that other tour operators are also putting S24 on sale or will be soon. TUI, I believe, already have Long haul S24 on sale and have done for some number of weeks. TUI won't be far behind Jet2 when it comes to short haul and sales. So are TUI risking cashflow? Are easyJet holidays Risking Cashflow? Or are you just someone who lives day to day with the lies told in the media?

In a separate topic all together. Do you run a business?

Travel Agent
13th Oct 2022, 15:06
TUI Summer 2024 holidays go on sale on 10th Nov

Toastal
16th Oct 2022, 10:20
What’s the latest on the Neo deliveries for next year? I’m hearing 14, all going to MAN BHX and STN.

Mooncrest
18th Oct 2022, 06:57
35 A320 NEOs ordered. Deliveries from 2028 to 2031.

chaps1954
18th Oct 2022, 07:29
Is that extra to A321s

Ian

Mooncrest
18th Oct 2022, 07:52
Is that extra to A321s

Ian
Yes. It's an additional order. Options on this order for up to 71 aircraft in total.

Mr @ Spotty M
18th Oct 2022, 10:42
It means that they have 98 aircraft as confirmed orders.

Flying Wild
18th Oct 2022, 15:25
It means that they have 98 aircraft as confirmed orders.
With options that would take the total to 146 aircraft. 75x A321neo and 71x A320neo.

SKOJB
30th Oct 2022, 12:13
Still hearing whispers of a possible South East operation, LGW/SOU/BOH being looked at?

LBAflyer22
30th Oct 2022, 17:36
Still hearing whispers of a possible South East operation, LGW/SOU/BOH being looked at?

LGW off the agenda due lack of Runway slots. I think if Jet2 were to join there they'd want to go in big from the outset - 10 based aircraft.

SOH/BOH are rumoured but only that. Personally until we start to see a lot more A321 Neo's come into the operation and fold I dont see another base. BRS has got plenty of room for expansion and the airline know this. As have other bases. And with the closure of DSA I wonder if Jet2 know they can make more inroads with market share expanding LBA EMA etc. I've heard a rumour both 757 from Titan will be based at LBA next summer.

jethro15
30th Oct 2022, 22:51
I've heard a rumour both 757 from Titan will be based at LBA next summer.
An expanding fleet with A21N due for delivery commencing Q223, is there a need? (Genuine query)

LBAflyer22
31st Oct 2022, 04:56
An expanding fleet with A21N due for delivery commencing Q223, is there a need? (Genuine query)

Not many due first year and they’ll be MAN/BHX/STN.

samj
31st Oct 2022, 09:49
Both Jet2 A330's still being used today. When is their last day for S22?

rubymurray
31st Oct 2022, 18:19

I believe today is their last day, both are positioning back to Brize Norton tomorrow

pamann
31st Oct 2022, 18:44

End of the traditional ‘charter’ summer season is 31st October, so it’s nothing unusual.

Buster the Bear
31st Oct 2022, 21:10
Bournemouth was strongly rumoured to become a base for Summer 2020, then came a pandemic.

stewyb
31st Oct 2022, 22:52
Bournemouth was strongly rumoured to become a base for Summer 2020, then came a pandemic.

Have heard recent talk of SOU

Buster the Bear
1st Nov 2022, 16:18
https://simpleflying.com/jet2-boeing-757-winter-2022-plan/

Buster the Bear
1st Nov 2022, 16:18
Have heard recent talk of SOU

Not H24 currently.

The Flying Stool
1st Nov 2022, 17:30
Southampton as a base is very unlikely. It lacks the runway length, apron space or terminal size. Even when the airport is expanded, its unlikely to be anywhere near ready for an operation such as Jet2s for the next 5 years at least.

LBIA
1st Nov 2022, 23:05
The are rumours rife a few of the Boeing 737-300 fleet could leaving LBA this winter. Maybe retirement / scrapping who knows?
​​​​

Karl Denton
2nd Nov 2022, 19:37
G-LSAN gone to Lasham after a test flight. Presume that's for maintenance?

jethro15
2nd Nov 2022, 19:43
G-LSAN gone to Lasham after a test flight. Presume that's for maintenance?
Correct. Joined today by G-DRTG

pabely
2nd Nov 2022, 19:58
The are rumours rife a few of the Boeing 737-300 fleet could leaving LBA this winter. Maybe retirement / scrapping who knows?
​​​​
Not soon enough, must cost a fortune to fuel them compared with the newer models.

redED
7th Nov 2022, 09:23
Not soon enough, must cost a fortune to fuel them compared with the newer models.

On the flip side there’s no leasing cost compared to the newer models.

Kevgti
7th Nov 2022, 18:22
On the flip side there’s no leasing cost compared to the newer models.
I'm sure it's all part of the calculation of fuel and replacements costs compared to retaining an asset that's owned outright and any sale value
​.

Surely the elderly 752 fleet will be replaced ahead of the 733s which in some cases are younger than the 738s

P330
8th Nov 2022, 14:22
Are the 733s all off to Spain to sunbathe over winter or are they operating during the quiet season?

Airbanda
8th Nov 2022, 14:42
Are the 733s all off to Spain to sunbathe over winter or are they operating during the quiet season?

At least one operating today. GDFM currently en route to LBA from ALC.

The Flying Stool
8th Nov 2022, 14:44
The 733s are perfect to operate on low density routes from Leeds. Similar fuel burn to the 738s. Some of them are the last ones built, newer than the 738s in some cases. They are fully owned and are maintained mostly in house. They are virtually cost neutral as far as aircraft go.

They were only sent to Spain for winter storage during the COVID periods to help prevent corrosion etc that happens with lack of activity in a damp climate.

P330
9th Nov 2022, 06:28
Thanks for that.

I suspect the utilisation rates of them must be pretty low over winter then.