23rd Jun 2020, 13:11
NCL seems available from 1st August.

valefan16
23rd Jun 2020, 13:19
NCL seems available from 1st August.

As is East Midlands interestingly!

helipixman
23rd Jun 2020, 13:58
Does anyone know when TUI are likely to actually inform customers that their flights are cancelled? I am booked to fly with them on 16 July and I know the flight is cancelled as it's not from LGW/MAN/BHX and has been removed from the timetable. However, I haven't heard anything from TUI and while I'm aware it's very early, I'm also aware of how late they often leave communication and want to be able to make a decision on what to do next.

I was due to depart to Rhodes from Manchester today ! The only contact I have had from TUI was an Email on 25th May saying my holiday cannot go ahead as planned. I have not heard anything since, no phone calls no further emails and no refund voucher so far.

You have probably already checked but their website currently states all Holidays up to 10th July are cancelled, anything after that date will be going ahead as planned ? I feel for you not knowing what will be happening. I hope you find out soon !

LiamNCL
23rd Jun 2020, 14:27

No return for EDI until October.

egcntristar
23rd Jun 2020, 15:00

So too Doncaster starts in August.

I don't doubt capacity will be ramped up if required as a result of a surge in demand.

valefan16
23rd Jun 2020, 15:01
So too Doncaster starts in August.

I don't doubt capacity will be ramped up if required as a result of a surge in demand.

The way I read it was the 5 bases by the end of July and up to 50% operations from August.

Boeing737-8
23rd Jun 2020, 15:09
ABZ, BFS, EDI, LTN and NWI won’t have any flights for summer 20. Looks like EDI won’t have any winter 20 flights too.

Looks like from the 11th July, 10 737 will be used from LGW, MAN and BHX. Dublin will start on the 23rd July with a G registered 737.

BRS & GLA start from the 25th as well as some 757 and 767 aircraft being used at the 3 main airports. The rest of the airports will start from the 1st August with some 787 flights possible depending on demand from either LGW or MAN.

valefan16
23rd Jun 2020, 15:11
ABZ, BFS, EDI, LTN and NWI won’t have any flights for summer 20. Looks like EDI won’t have any winter 20 flights too.

Looks like from the 11th July, 10 737 will be used from LGW, MAN and BHX. Dublin will start on the 23rd July with a G registered 737.

BRS & GLA start from the 25th as well as some 757 and 767 aircraft being used at the 3 main airports. The rest of the airports will start from the 1st August with some 787 flights possible depending on demand from either LGW or MAN.

So a larger offering in July than previously thought? As 10 737's would easily be too many for 44 flights p/w?

Vokes55
23rd Jun 2020, 15:35
So a larger offering in July than previously thought? As 10 737's would easily be too many for 44 flights p/w?

I’d imagine those 44 flights will be optimally timed and on prime days of the week, rather than crammed into as few aircraft as possible. No point having flights departing at 6am or getting back at 3am if you have 50 spare aircraft. I assume it would be akin to the winter schedule with flights departing at 9/10am and returning at 5-8pm (but I was wrong about Glasgow being one of the next two bases to open so what do I know).

(for anybody checking the TUI website and seeing that there are flights in the first week departing at 6am or getting back at 3am, I believe the actual departure/arrival times haven’t been updated yet).

ROC10
23rd Jun 2020, 15:55

This is not correct according to TUI's website. BFS is off until S21 but EDI/ABZ/LTN/NWI will return with limited flying from October and then normal winter schedules as far as I can see. EDI certainly not closed all winter.

Fly757X
23rd Jun 2020, 16:19
This is not correct according to TUI's website. BFS is off until S21 but EDI/ABZ/LTN/NWI will return with limited flying from October and then normal winter schedules as far as I can see. EDI certainly not closed all winter.

TUI doesn't serve Belfast between early October and late May normally anyways.

ROC10
25th Jun 2020, 11:37
We have now received communication that our flights are officially cancelled. Can confirm they are not offering alternative flights from the larger bases and are instead offering refund credit or a cash refund.

737James
25th Jun 2020, 14:27
Roc10 - When were you due to be travelling and from which airport ?

If TUI are just cancelling your holiday due to an non force majeure situation and its not because of government restrictions they are obligated under the package and linked travel regulations 2018 to offer you an alternative holiday for the same duration they cannot simply cancel the holiday and say rebook something else at todays prices.

see below for a copy of section 11.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.
(2) The organiser must not unilaterally change the terms of a package travel contract before the start of the package, other than the price in accordance with regulation 10, unless—
(a)the contract allows the organiser to make such changes;
(b)the change is insignificant; and
(c)the organiser informs the traveller of the change in a clear, comprehensible and prominent manner on a durable medium.
(3) Paragraphs (4) to (11) apply where, before the start of the package, the organiser—
(a)is constrained by circumstances beyond the control of the organiser to alter significantly any of the main characteristics of the travel services specified in paragraphs 1 to 10 of Schedule 1;
(b)cannot fulfil the special requirements specified in paragraph 1 of Schedule 5; or
(c)proposes to increase the price of the package by more than 8% in accordance with regulation 10(4).
(4) The organiser must, without undue delay, inform the traveller in a clear, comprehensible and prominent manner on a durable medium, of—
(a)the proposed changes referred to in paragraph (3) and, where appropriate, in accordance with paragraph (7), their impact on the price of the package;
(b)a reasonable period within which the traveller must inform the organiser of the decision pursuant to paragraph (5);
(c)the consequences of the traveller’s failure to respond within the period referred to in sub-paragraph (b); and
(d)any substitute package, of an equivalent or higher quality, if possible, offered to the traveller and its price.

SWBKCB
25th Jun 2020, 14:43
Looking at GOV.UK, FCO advise hasn't changed. Sounds like Force Majeure to me

valefan16
25th Jun 2020, 14:52

Set to change Monday with the Air Bridge annoucements for Greece, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Holland, France, Gibraltar, possibly Croatia and Portugal and strangely Bermuda!

Apparently then further nations to be added in July such as BVI, Aguilla and the Caymans,

August - Canada, Caribbean, Morocco, Turkey and Dubai

Late August - Vietnam, Hong Kong and Singapore

Nov/Dec - USA, Mexico and Latin America

chaps1954
25th Jun 2020, 14:56
They are saying on BBC that Sweden and Portugal probably won`t be on list and we will probably know the basics tomorrow

737James
25th Jun 2020, 15:01

Thats why I asked ROC10 when he is due to travel and where the destination was , If its a country that are not allowing UK nationals in then that would be deemed force majeure but to cancel a holiday as they have decided to make a cut in capacity which is what their press articles indicate this would then be something that is inside their control.

I am surprised with the lack of bookings that they claim to have for summer 2020 that they are not trying to retain the bookings rather than saying have your money back or book at todays inflated prices . It is like with my booking I have paid for 11 days All Inclusive but the Sunday flight has been withdrawn to go for 7 days would cost an extra £300 or 14 days £1800 legally they have to offer an alternative at the same cost.

SWBKCB
25th Jun 2020, 15:01
Talk of airbridges etc is still "If's, but's and maybe's" - TUI have to make a decision at some point. Can you imagine the outcry if they said your holiday is still on, you'll get no money back if you don't turn up, and the FCO was still saying it advised against all but essential international travel?

ROC10
25th Jun 2020, 15:17
Thats why I asked ROC10 when he is due to travel and where the destination was , If its a country that are not allowing UK nationals in then that would be deemed force majeure but to cancel a holiday as they have decided to make a cut in capacity which is what their press articles indicate this would then be something that is inside their control.

I am surprised with the lack of bookings that they claim to have for summer 2020 that they are not trying to retain the bookings rather than saying have your money back or book at todays inflated prices . It is like with my booking I have paid for 11 days All Inclusive but the Sunday flight has been withdrawn to go for 7 days would cost an extra £300 or 14 days £1800 legally they have to offer an alternative at the same cost.

Thanks for the info. We were flying to ACE which is one of their initial eight destinations and flights are operating from MAN/LGW/BHX on the day we were due to fly (16/07) but because the base I booked from is closed, the flights are cancelled. Just to clarify, our booking was flight-only so wasn’t technically a holiday as we have booked private accommodation in Lanzarote. I was thinking along your lines that they’d want to try and retain existing bookings and perhaps offer us seats on the MAN flight but apparently not. We could probably use the refund credit on that flight but we’d rather not as it’s very inconvenient. Jet2 are due to fly to ACE on the 16th from an airport much nearer than MAN so we are now considering that (dependent on a change in FCO advice, of course) and will probably just take the refund from TUI. Shame really but what can we do.

737James
25th Jun 2020, 15:28
Roc10- As you were booked flight only then the PTRs do not apply but looking through social media it does appear that they are treating package holiday customers the same and they consider the regulations are not applicable to them. I have feeling they are going to be in for quite a shock if these start going to court or arbitration as they were given a lot of slack on not processing refunds in the 14day limit but if they try to profit from changing customers bookings and contracts that is likely to be looked at in more detail especially with the CMA already investigating tour operators on how they operate

valefan16
25th Jun 2020, 15:31
Roc10- As you were booked flight only then the PTRs do not apply but looking through social media it does appear that they are treating package holiday customers the same and they consider the regulations are not applicable to them. I have feeling they are going to be in for quite a shock if these start going to court or arbitration as they were given a lot of slack on not processing refunds in the 14day limit but if they try to profit from changing customers bookings and contracts that is likely to be looked at in more detail especially with the CMA already investigating tour operators on how they operate

Seems harsh, you'd think they'd want those planes full, Jet2 from what I have seen have been offering alternatives for cancelled holidays on other dates for example.

P330
26th Jun 2020, 09:33
Looks like all Florida holidays cancelled until the end of November.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/breaking-tui-cancels-holidays-florida-22256119.amp

inOban
26th Jun 2020, 10:51
What did you expect? With rampant virus and therefore a quarantine on return...

davidjohnson6
26th Jun 2020, 11:03
The fact that the USA is not letting Brits enter the country, and doesn't expect to change this policy is probably the biggest reason for TUI cancelling all holidays to the USA.

ROC10
26th Jun 2020, 11:37
I wouldn’t want to go near the US for a while.

Mr @ Spotty M
26th Jun 2020, 12:08
If you read the article it has nothing to do with travel to and from the USA, it is due to the measures that Disney have in place.

Drive4it
28th Jun 2020, 17:43
Good Evening
Looking at booking a package holiday with TUI for July 17th onwards. Possibly BHX/CFU
Seems today they've removed this route.
Few questions

Would Tui fly against FCO advice? If so, being ABTA bonded I'd be able to get refund if they did?

Do you think they fly the BHX/CFU route so early?

When will the change of FCO advice for Greece along with returning quarantine change would you predict?

Thanks

davidjohnson6
28th Jun 2020, 17:55
TUI absolutely will not fly if the FCO says "do not go". As to whether Greece will admit people from the UK by 17 July without still requiring potential quarantine is uncertain - only the Greek Govt can answer that....
Please have a careful read through of the FCO advice on Greece, particularly the sections on "Entry Requirements" and "Staying during coronavirus". Greece is still not sure they want potentially-virus-infested British tourists coming to their country
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece

If you really want to go on holiday on 17 July, I wouldn't be booking Greece quite yet

Rutan16
28th Jun 2020, 18:07
Pritti Patel has muddied the waters even more today.

She has contradicted others in saying lifting travel restrictions and the traffic light system remain works in progress and are far from imminent and or a given .

Foreign office and diplomatic missions still in negotiations with various EU/EEA/Turkey states for those flagged headline safe corridors !

FCO advice remains very much in force so no viable insurances are available .

Think you and others need to revisit this in another 7-10 days at the earliest to be honest .

Drive4it
28th Jun 2020, 18:19
Thanks everyone
I've just also updated myself through GTP.gr which seems to have more information on what the Greek government are stipulating now and also their thoughts in going forward.

Vokes55
28th Jun 2020, 20:46

She has contradicted others in saying lifting travel restrictions and the traffic light system remain works in progress and are far from imminent and or a given .

Foreign office and diplomatic missions still in negotiations with various EU/EEA/Turkey states for those flagged headline safe corridors !

Think you and others need to revisit this in another 7-10 days at the earliest to be honest .

You're new here aren't you? When has a politician ever confirmed or denied an imminent policy change in an interview before the official announcement?

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Jun 2020, 20:55
If any one is booking a TUI holiday or flight for July and think that the flights are guaranteed, then think again.
TUI are gambling that they will be able to start, as it is easier to cancel flights and holidays than getting organised and ready to start.
It takes weeks to get setup, so they are taking bookings in case they get the go ahead, money in the bank.
That is why only a few flights at the start, before they start ramping up.

Rutan16
28th Jun 2020, 20:55
Hardly new been posting for more than ten years through not necessarily regularly !

LBAflyer22
28th Jun 2020, 21:01

Given the fact she's actually the most incapable minister in the cabinet i'd say i wont take her word as gospel. I also believe that boarders etc should be controlled, especially in coronavirus time, by the foreign sectary and not the home secretary but that's a different discussion in a different thread all together. If she doesn't review the current guidelines the aviation industry in the UK will continue to free fall. This government needs to act on this and be openly honest.

valefan16
28th Jun 2020, 21:27
She stated some hard negotiations were still ongoing, bearing in mind some won’t open July 15th (Malta and Cyprus) and Greece are still debating then some will still need securing, add in Portugal and Turkey who are borderline cases.

We will know more this week, but if quarantine changes as reported, you don’t need an air bridge for Spain which is open for us, or Italy and Croatia...

FQTLSteve
29th Jun 2020, 09:59
AKA Priti Dim but to be fair the standard to be in this cabinet has never been lower, ever probably anywhere in Western Europe too. Incompetent doesn't even begin to describe all of them.

inOban
29th Jun 2020, 11:53
Hardly surprising, since the criteria for selection was devotion to Project Boris and the true Church of Brexit. Hence there's more competence on the back benches.

Cuillin Hills
29th Jun 2020, 14:54
Hardly surprising, since the criteria for selection was devotion to Project Boris and the true Church of Brexit. Hence there's more competence on the back benches.

Yawn.......getting really boring now - can we have some useful input regarding TUI?

Spanish eyes
29th Jun 2020, 22:23

Yet another pointless political post about Brexit and Government bashing by someone that has yet to get over the results of the last election.

Back to TUI, I watched an interview with a travel agent who didn’t believe there is a surge in bookings as he is still cancelling more holidays than he was booking.

Officerzero
29th Jun 2020, 23:38
Yet another pointless political post about Brexit and Government bashing by someone that has yet to get over the results of the last election.

Back to TUI, I watched an interview with a travel agent who didn’t believe there is a surge in bookings as he is still cancelling more holidays than he was booking. TUI in Germany cut 50% of their workforce Bojo or no Bojo. Will TUI do the same in the UK?

commit aviation
30th Jun 2020, 08:40
"Surge in bookings" and "pent up demand" are fantastic marketing expressions because they are not quantifiable. Working on the FOMO mindset to try and get things moving again.
The more specific statements such as "an 80% increase in booking since last week" sound impressive but if you only sold 100 holidays last week then an 80% increase only means 180 this week.

Sales teams are understandably keen to get the market moving but I have a concern around mixed messages. On the one side stating bookings are seeing a surge in demand whilst on the other side stating the industry is in dire straits.
The latter is true and I would not want to see efforts to get much needed industry support undermined through well meant but perhaps misplaced sales tactics.

Chris Ralfs
30th Jun 2020, 20:45
Hi, I’m new to all this. Just wondered if anyone could help. I am booked to fly BY2418 on 03/09/20 and BY2419 on 11/09/20. I initially had extra legroom seats booked on a B757-200 which is now showing a seat map for a B737-MAX 8, but when I rang them they said the flight will be operated by a B767-300, but were not sure why the seat map is wrong. Does anyone know which of these aircraft is likely to operate the flight? Thanks

helipixman
1st Jul 2020, 16:52
Hi, I’m new to all this. Just wondered if anyone could help. I am booked to fly BY2418 on 03/09/20 and BY2419 on 11/09/20. I initially had extra legroom seats booked on a B757-200 which is now showing a seat map for a B737-MAX 8, but when I rang them they said the flight will be operated by a B767-300, but were not sure why the seat map is wrong. Does anyone know which of these aircraft is likely to operate the flight? Thanks

I doubt anyone on here will be able to answer that ! From what you say are TUI really sure what they will be operating just yet, could change again ? Doubt it would be a 737 Max are'nt they still undergoing new certification test flying at present ?

helipixman
1st Jul 2020, 16:55
TUI in Germany cut 50% of their workforce Bojo or no Bojo. Will TUI do the same in the UK?

My local shopping centre for some reason had two TUI shops (never understood why) ! Looked today and one of them has shut down and everything removed so probably yes they will need to cut the UK workforce wherever possible and looks like they already are.

ROC10
1st Jul 2020, 22:05
My local shopping centre for some reason had two TUI shops (never understood why) ! Looked today and one of them has shut down and everything removed so probably yes they will need to cut the UK workforce wherever possible and looks like they already are.

I think we might have the same local shopping centre (based on your location). If so, the second store has been closed for a while now (pre-Covid anyway). But I don’t doubt there will be further cuts.

AirportPlanner1
2nd Jul 2020, 09:21
We also had 2x shops, not within the same centre but only about 3-4 mins walk apart. Again one closed very recently but before Covid so was definitely already shrinking.

P330
2nd Jul 2020, 10:03
Any sign of the shops reopening?

Hoping Cape Verde flights are back up and running in a few weeks and the country is on the government’s corridor list...

davidjohnson6
2nd Jul 2020, 10:09
Cape Verde is seeing about 6 times the number of cases per day compared to the UK, when measured on a cases per 100,000 population basis over the last 10 days

P330
2nd Jul 2020, 10:48
Thanks David.

I won’t get excited yet then.

helipixman
2nd Jul 2020, 13:26
I think we might have the same local shopping centre (based on your location). If so, the second store has been closed for a while now (pre-Covid anyway). But I don’t doubt there will be further cuts.

Livingston... the shop yesterday had newspaper over the windows, today they had been removed and the shop was completely empty ! Looking forward to when they re-open the shop, as most in Scotland are in shopping centres I guess that could be Monday 13th July but I won't hold my breath. Still waiting for my refund voucher and have so many questions when they do regarding total lack of contact.

bcn_boy
2nd Jul 2020, 15:53
Carrying on from the Cap Verde virus comments, Turkey has a huge number of hidden cases as the Turkish Government has been silencing doctors and the media about the extent of Covid in the country. I hope that the U.K. does not open a bridge to Turkey, the consequences would be dire for those returning back without quarantine. The U.K. needs to set politics aside.

helipixman
2nd Jul 2020, 16:17
Carrying on from the Cap Verde virus comments, Turkey has a huge number of hidden cases as the Turkish Government has been silencing doctors and the media about the extent of Covid in the country. I hope that the U.K. does not open a bridge to Turkey, the consequences would be dire for those returning back without quarantine. The U.K. needs to set politics aside.
Agree they need to set aside politics, but something far greater is taking over Economics ! Some places in the UK.... Leicester for one, now the Dumfries area in Scotland are seeing a slight increase in cases. Lockdown easing all seems to point to getting the economy restarted, maybe too soon, time will tell, hope not. Its such a fine balance Health or economy. Keep tight controls on the UK borders, lets face it thats how it got here in the first place.

valefan16
2nd Jul 2020, 17:01
Agree they need to set aside politics, but something far greater is taking over Economics ! Some places in the UK.... Leicester for one, now the Dumfries area in Scotland are seeing a slight increase in cases. Lockdown easing all seems to point to getting the economy restarted, maybe too soon, time will tell, hope not. Its such a fine balance Health or economy. Keep tight controls on the UK borders, lets face it thats how it got here in the first place.

Leicester have actually seen a slight reduction as have most of the high rate areas over the past week all be it Leicester is an outlier in they have a larger by far rate.

Will get these regardless of easing lockdown though, even the Germans have had local lockdowns and they are seen as a shining example in Europe.

matjr79
6th Jul 2020, 07:00
matjr79
Well you wont be on the B757 as they will be all gone by then.

TUI emailed me overnight to advise the outbound is a 757..

Flying Hi
6th Jul 2020, 07:12
Turkey on the Arbridge list from July 10tb. As you say, the consequences - -.

Mr @ Spotty M
6th Jul 2020, 10:20
matjr79
I am very surprised because all the B757s were supposed to be phased out prior to the summer 2021 season.
I was offered a job with them back in early 2019, this with a two year contract for that very reason.
Maybe someone on hear that works within TUI engineering could spread some light on this, as they are going to be only ones that know when each aircraft is leaving the fleet.

Yeehaw22
6th Jul 2020, 10:26
At present (so very much subject to change) remaining 757 fleet to have left over Winter 21. Small fleet remains for summer 21. Believe 767 going winter 21 aswell.

clipstone1
6th Jul 2020, 15:49
then the joys of all of those B737MAX that have been built and parked in TUI colours, to be delivered.....

ericlday
6th Jul 2020, 16:04
then the joys of all of those B737MAX that have been built and parked in TUI colours, to be delivered.....
Here is one delivered and stored at TFS....4th July courtesy Aeropuerto Tenerife Surhttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1003x632/106541103_2951790111585795_3891060702823909193_o_326b6263344 b7b2a1d10fb02d1d8d957c69a2a91.jpg

yeo valley
7th Jul 2020, 04:43
Here is one delivered and stored at TFS....4th July courtesy Aeropuerto Tenerife Surhttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1003x632/106541103_2951790111585795_3891060702823909193_o_326b6263344 b7b2a1d10fb02d1d8d957c69a2a91.jpg
The 737 max stored in TFS did a pax flight from MAN,but due to the max issues could not do the flight back to MAN as all max aircraft had been stopped flying in British air space,and also europe air space as well. It cant be far off 12 months now its been there,some body will confirm this.

sportzbar
7th Jul 2020, 05:46
The 737 max stored in TFS did a pax flight from MAN,but due to the max issues could not do the flight back to MAN as all max aircraft had been stopped flying in British air space,and also europe air space as well. It cant be far off 12 months now its been there,some body will confirm this.
I believe the Ethiopian accident happened on 10th March 2019 with the grounding coming a few days later so it's been out there around 15 months...

davidjohnson6
7th Jul 2020, 05:48
Is nobody worried about corrosion from the sea air ?

rog747
8th Jul 2020, 06:18
Is nobody worried about corrosion from the sea air ?

You also get the sandy hot winds from the Sahara blowing in - I wonder what state this 737 -8 will be in? It was less than a month old when grounded
No engine covers it seems...16 months on the deck...
Norwegian got their stranded Max out of TFS AFAIK.

TUI UK have 5 more stored at MAN plus at least 3 or 4 completed examples ready at Boeing that were just about to be delivered for S19.
Not sure if any -10 versions have actually been built as yet for TUI.
They were due to take some of those for S20.

ROC10
8th Jul 2020, 11:07
You also get the sandy hot winds from the Sahara blowing in - I wonder what state this 737 -8 will be in? It was less than a month old when grounded

TUI UK have 5 more stored at MAN plus at least 3 or 4 completed examples ready at Boeing that were just about to be delivered for S19.

The MAX at TFS does normally have engine covers on (I’ve seen pics and also saw it in person). Perhaps they’d been removed for engine runs when this pic was taken?

helipixman
9th Jul 2020, 15:32
Today I managed to go into a TUI store at Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh to query why I had not heard anything from TUI regarding a recent cancellation and was still waiting for the refund voucher and 20% reduction incentive. The staff were absolutely brilliant, changed our holiday to 2021 with very little fuss and applied the 20% incentive also. Even changed the flights from Manchester to Glasgow at very little extra cost. Does not seem like TUI will be operating from Edinburgh this year, possibly next year also ?

ROC10
9th Jul 2020, 18:38
Today I managed to go into a TUI store at Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh to query why I had not heard anything from TUI regarding a recent cancellation and was still waiting for the refund voucher and 20% reduction incentive. The staff were absolutely brilliant, changed our holiday to 2021 with very little fuss and applied the 20% incentive also. Even changed the flights from Manchester to Glasgow at very little extra cost. Does not seem like TUI will be operating from Edinburgh this year, possibly next year also ?

The EDI base is closed for the rest of S20 (along with ABZ/NWI/BFS). There are due to be two weekly flights to TFS throughout October with the usual winter ops starting in November.

SWBKCB
11th Jul 2020, 07:00
Travel operator TUI is set to offer free coronavirus cover with every holiday.

The move is designed to reassure holidaymakers, who will be covered for Covid-19 (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/coronavirus) testing costs, overseas medical help and repatriation flights, if medically required.

The cover will also fund an extended stay and a new return flight home if customers are forced to self-isolate while they're away.....
....The cover – which should be used alongside normal travel insurance – will be included for all customers travelling on any TUI holiday between 11 th July and 31 st December 2020 and applies to all new and existing bookings. Andrew Flintham, managing director of TUI UK & Ireland said: “ Many of our customers have been waiting with eager anticipation to hear about whether they could go on holiday this summer, so we’re delighted that our first customers will depart this weekend. We’ve done a lot of work to ensure we can take our customers on relaxing, enjoyable and - most importantly – safe holidays again and it’s really exciting to be able to offer our customers additional peace of mind when booking with us, with our new Covid-19 Cover. It means that they can book with confidence, knowing that extra costs associated with Covid-19 that wouldn’t be covered by regular travel insurance, will be taken care of.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/key-update-tui-free-covid-18577628

Rutan16
11th Jul 2020, 07:55

Norwegian flew them the long way round clear of EASA UK and German airspace with a special dispensation. TUi simply didn’t pursue the CAA for such an exemption as far as I know.

I feel they could have if only to repatriate to Manchester .

There have been numerous max repositioning flights elsewhere cepting the UK and Germany in the main

valefan16
11th Jul 2020, 08:18
First flights today, lucky pax to IBZ from MAN got a 787-9!

ROC10
11th Jul 2020, 11:30
First flights today, lucky pax to IBZ from MAN got a 787-9!

For some reason, I believe there was an LGW-IBZ yesterday but yes today was certainly supposed to be the first day.

pabely
11th Jul 2020, 11:33
Perhaps sending out reps & local TUI support staff?

ROC10
11th Jul 2020, 11:58

That may be correct

pamann
11th Jul 2020, 13:06

It was a press flight as it was all over Twitter yesterday.

ROC10
11th Jul 2020, 17:11
It was a press flight as it was all over Twitter yesterday.

How do you define a press flight? Looks like the aircraft that operated it (G-TAWL) flew LGW-IBZ yesterday and didn’t return, still there now according to FR24.

pamann
11th Jul 2020, 17:49
How do you define a press flight? Looks like the aircraft that operated it (G-TAWL) flew LGW-IBZ yesterday and didn’t return, still there now according to FR24.

It had press on it. I’m guessing for the relaunch? Have a look on Twitter for yourself. Perhaps they are still there?

double-oscar
11th Jul 2020, 18:13
Probably showing the whole TUI experience in the new Covid environment from checking in at the airport to staying at the hotel. A chance to demonstrate the procedures put in place to reduce the possibility of infection and show how guests can still have an enjoyable holiday. Hopefully might see some press coverage in the coming days.

pamann
11th Jul 2020, 20:43
Might answer your questions - Ibiza (http://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jennifer-morris-well-quickly-adjust-to-these-necessary-changes-23915)

ROC10
12th Jul 2020, 11:27
This may already be widely known but it’s the first I’ve seen regarding it as I was under the impression they’d be resuming some Croatia routes, but apparently not.

https://simpleflying.com/tui-croatia-flights-cancelled/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Flying Hi
12th Jul 2020, 12:29
Might answer your questions - Ibiza (http://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jennifer-morris-well-quickly-adjust-to-these-necessary-changes-23915)
Its a log in site.
Any chance of a copy and paste?

pamann
12th Jul 2020, 13:40
Its a log in site.
Any chance of a copy and paste?JENNIFER MORRIS: 'WE'LL QUICKLY ADJUST TO THESE NECESSARY CHANGES'10 JUL 2020BY JENNIFER MORRIS

I woke up three minutes before my 3.30am alarm on Friday (10 July), surprised by my restless (half) night’s sleep – I’m usually so used to regular travel. I think it was something about preparing to finally jet off again that set my mind racing.

https://d2osdnqd2igqfx.cloudfront.net/AcuCustom/Sitename/DAM/177/20200710BQ1_0490_Main.jpg (https://d2osdnqd2igqfx.cloudfront.net/AcuCustom/Sitename/DAM/177/20200710BQ1_0490_Main.jpg)
Tui will resume holiday operations on 11 July (https://d2osdnqd2igqfx.cloudfront.net/AcuCustom/Sitename/DAM/177/20200710BQ1_0490_Main.jpg)Arriving at Gatwick for our Tui press flight to Ibiza, its first since the onset of coronavirus, the usual airport excitement set in – despite the immediately obvious changes.

We were setting off a day before Tui’s first customers starting heading – initially – to Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham airports for their summer holidays (https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/tui-to-restart-ex-uk-holidays-next-month-23565), the first to depart in earnest since the UK government partially lifted its outbound travel restrictions.

Going forward, Tui customers will be channeled to self check-in and bag drop; there are distancing markers at security, large hand sanitiser stations everywhere, and signage reminding passengers to stay apart, wear a mark, and keep their hands clean.

The airport was quiet with the UK’s first quarantine exemptions only just having come into force, but there were a number of keen holidaymakers buzzing around, although only duty free, Starbucks, WHSmith and Boots appeared to be open for their pre-flight needs.

All airport staff were wearing masks, while boarding gates have been upgraded with protective screens and self-scanners for boarding passes.

As usual, two members of Tui cabin crew welcomed me onboard, their friendliness and enthusiasm shining through their PPE. In fact, by the end of the flight, I hardly noticed anyone’s mask.

The captain ran us through the aircraft’s cleaning regime, and in-flight, there was a limited cold food service with fully contactless payment, including Apple Pay.

Any rubbish was swiftly taken away and hand gel given out. Admittedly, there were only a handful of us onboard, so during normal service this could of course take longer.

We were also given sealable bags to dispose of our face masks after the flight.

Before landing, I filled out the new compulsory passenger locator form for arrivals into Spain, which can be done online in advance if you prefer. It only took a few minutes.

I savoured that wall of Ibizan heat when we got off the aircraft, and everyone kept their masks on for the transfer to the terminal where we passed what appeared to be thermal imaging cameras.

Airport staff at passport control and baggage reclaim were all wearing masks, as were Tui’s friendly reps who escorted us to our coach – we spread ourselves out to distance as best possible and were instructed to keep our masks on.

The reps explained the local Covid regulations, which in the Balearics include wearing a mask on public transport and in shops. One told us that from Monday, visitors will have to wear masks at all times, apart from at the beach, by the pool or when playing sports.

Arriving at Tui’s Twiins hotel, we were given a refreshing welcome drink once a member of staff – masked and gloved – attached our resort band.

As I waltzed off to the lift, I caught a glimpse of the sea – despite all the changes, I felt that familiar exciting pang of having arrived somewhere new.

While there are noticeable, and necessary, alterations to the holiday journey we all know, I’m confident those who want to get away will soon adjust to these new, straightforward procedures, just as we always have to other new customs while travelling.

The96er
12th Jul 2020, 14:49
The reps explained the local Covid regulations, which in the Balearics include wearing a mask on public transport and in shops. One told us that from Monday, visitors will have to wear masks at all times, apart from at the beach, by the pool or when playing sports.

I'm sorry, but having to wear a mask at all times is not my idea of a holiday - I'll think I'll wait to next year. And any company who thinks "we'll just get used to it" are sadly deluding themselves.

ROC10
12th Jul 2020, 15:45
I'm sorry, but having to wear a mask at all times is not my idea of a holiday - I'll think I'll wait to next year. And any company who thinks "we'll just get used to it" are sadly deluding themselves.

I agree, particularly difficult for those of us who wear glasses.

paully
12th Jul 2020, 17:25

They are hoping we`ll get used to it but like you I won`t be flying until late next year if then..

davidjohnson6
12th Jul 2020, 17:42
TTG is a magazine whose target audience is travel companies, and whose principal advertisers are companies in the travel trade. As with any trade-focussed publication, people writing for TTG will be aware of the interests of their readers and advertisers - namely they are selling dreams to the masses
Bill and Julie from Wolverhampton who will be spending a week on a Mediterranean beach in August are not the target audience for TTG

paully
12th Jul 2020, 18:33
I would have thought that at this moment in time Bill and Julie from everywhere would be the precise target audience..

737James
13th Jul 2020, 09:24
With Tui's new policy of boarding and disembarking of only 5 rows at a time moving through the cabin along with increased cleaning and disinfection of the cabin will this have any effect on turn around times especially down route when you are on a remote stand at places like PFO,HER,IBZ etc with quite long coach rides from the terminal to stands

ATNotts
13th Jul 2020, 09:33
With Tui's new policy of boarding and disembarking of only 5 rows at a time moving through the cabin along with increased cleaning and disinfection of the cabin will this have any effect on turn around times especially down route when you are on a remote stand at places like PFO,HER,IBZ etc with quite long coach rides from the terminal to stands

I'd have thought that disembarking in the way you describe could actually speed up that process, unless of course passengers insist on getting out of their seats and mess about with stuff in the the overhead lockers before being authorised to do so. Some people appear plain stupid, or believe rules just don't apply to them, so I guess it will be hard for cabin staff to enforce the rules properly.

I returned to UK by Eurotunnel on Saturday, there were 4 vehicles in the carriage. We were all instructed over the PA and also via text that we were to remain in our vehicles at all times, and that there were no toilets in service on the train. Despite that Mr. and Mrs "nouveau riche" in the Range Rover in front got out of their vehicle, then decided to go walkabout; and from a vehicle behind came a father and daughter looking for toilets. On the basis of that straw, and very unscientific survey it would appear that 50% of travellers are either stupid, above the rules, or indeed both.

commit aviation
13th Jul 2020, 09:34
Considering Tui as a rule have very generous turn around times compared to the LCC's, I would imagine they will cope.

737James
13th Jul 2020, 10:31
I agree TUI do have quite generous turnaround times but even then some of the ground agents struggle and crew have to push them to get the inbound pax onboard. Cyprus could be a bit of a problem as they are going to test every single UK passenger and have said that pax will be held on aircraft until they are ready for them to be brought to the terminal to be tested in groups of no more than 30 so these turnarounds may need to be extended especially at PFO with them all being remote stands

Rwy in Sight
13th Jul 2020, 11:48
What happens then with the FTL for crews flying from UK airports to PFO?

rog747
13th Jul 2020, 12:42
Can anyone kindly update me here what is the prognosis of any TUI hols flying for S20 from EXT and BOH please?
RHO and CFU in particular

Has all the flying programmes been canned or is some running from these two - thanks

I know SOU has been canned.

Cloud1
13th Jul 2020, 13:20
I agree TUI do have quite generous turnaround times but even then some of the ground agents struggle and crew have to push them to get the inbound pax onboard. Cyprus could be a bit of a problem as they are going to test every single UK passenger and have said that pax will be held on aircraft until they are ready for them to be brought to the terminal to be tested in groups of no more than 30 so these turnarounds may need to be extended especially at PFO with them all being remote stands

In my experience I find the longer hour turn (sometimes more) a disadvantage because at airports where they are congested or during peak hours it is easy for agents to put TUI to the back of the queue as they know they have time. Then suddenly time runs away and things are late.

Problem is with often full loads and everyone having hold baggage (typically) pre COVID the tighter turn times employed by LCCs aren’t achievable.

Alteagod
13th Jul 2020, 13:48
Drive the turnaround never chase it!

737James
13th Jul 2020, 16:42
What happens then with the FTL for crews flying from UK airports to PFO?

I agree this could be quite problematic on both PFO and LCA flights especially as both airports are not the best or quickest at doing turnarounds anyway hence why Tui often schedule 1hr 20mins , this combined with regular slot restrictions could cause issues with duty limits and could result in a lot of crew losing at Standby roulette if there are delays outbound even by short times.
I can see why the airport want to keep flights apart for testing as you would not want 1 person from say BHX Tui testing positive but then in the line with EZY BRS and Jet2 STN so you have 800 passengers to quarantine instead of 189

I know I have questioned before with ground crew at PFO why they have nearly all their UK flights arriving between 21:00 and 23:30 they said it was the Cypriot government decision as it created lots of night time employment and means coaches are better used as can be doing excursions in the day time and airport transfers at night.

loopylee
13th Jul 2020, 17:09
Can anyone kindly update me here what is the prognosis of any TUI hols flying for S20 from EXT and BOH please?
RHO and CFU in particular

Has all the flying programmes been canned or is some running from these two - thanks

I know SOU has been canned.

CFU flight on a Friday from BOH starting 7th Aug! Just go on the website it's not that hard to find out.. summer schedule is pretty much finalised (Subject to change ofc!)

FFMAN
14th Jul 2020, 11:17

Yep agree - that is not my idea of a holiday either - more open prison.
Why anyone would bother is beyond me. Essential business flying for me only for the foreseeable.

Cloud1
14th Jul 2020, 12:36
Yep agree - that is not my idea of a holiday either - more open prison.
Why anyone would bother is beyond me. Essential business flying for me only for the foreseeable.

Because my understanding is that you don’t have to wear them on a beach or by the pool so for most who just want to sunbathe then it’s fine. Each to their own but not everyone is the same and thank god because there won’t be any holiday company for you to use in the future if everyone had the same views. If we have to wear them in the U.K. there isn’t much difference

pamann
14th Jul 2020, 14:18
Because my understanding is that you don’t have to wear them on a beach or by the pool so for most who just want to sunbathe then it’s fine. Each to their own but not everyone is the same and thank god because there won’t be any holiday company for you to use in the future if everyone had the same views. If we have to wear them in the U.K. there isn’t much difference

Not forgetting that as of next Friday you are going to have to wear a mask if you go shopping. They’re already mandatory on most forms of public transport, so actually they are the new normal.

Time to wear a mask and get used to it. The other option is to stay at home until they develop a vaccine. Good luck with that one.

paully
15th Jul 2020, 07:56
Not forgetting that as of next Friday you are going to have to wear a mask if you go shopping. They’re already mandatory on most forms of public transport, so actually they are the new normal.

Time to wear a mask and get used to it. The other option is to stay at home until they develop a vaccine. Good luck with that one.

It's called choice..you may be ok with it but a lot aren't...you fly if you want to many will not..me included

zoomboy
15th Jul 2020, 09:55
That's not the only choice. When we do decide to go abroad again, we don't have to choose TUI. We for one will not be. Our holiday was due to depart on June 6, and was cancelled by TUI weeks before departure. We have still not received a so-called refund credit code, when what we want is a refund. I've wasted hours attempting to speak to a human being rather than listen to insulting company propaganda. In recent years, we have got less and less from TUI whilst the company finds more ways to extract money from its customers. Now they have gone to far, they take us for idiots. In future we'll go with a company that respects its customers.

davidjohnson6
15th Jul 2020, 10:03
Zoomboy - sounds like you need to make a money claim through the county court. Costs I think 35 pounds to make a claim, but you get it back if you win your case. No lawyers needed.
Involvement of courts tends to get matters prioritised

helipixman
15th Jul 2020, 11:36
That's not the only choice. When we do decide to go abroad again, we don't have to choose TUI. We for one will not be. Our holiday was due to depart on June 6, and was cancelled by TUI weeks before departure. We have still not received a so-called refund credit code, when what we want is a refund. I've wasted hours attempting to speak to a human being rather than listen to insulting company propaganda. In recent years, we have got less and less from TUI whilst the company finds more ways to extract money from its customers. Now they have gone to far, they take us for idiots. In future we'll go with a company that respects its customers.
I hear what you are saying, My holiday was booked for 23rd June and had only recieved an email on 25th May saying your holiday cannot go ahead and we would receive a refund voucher, By July we still had not received any further contact from TUI and certainly no refund voucher. I purely by chance found a TUI store open in my local retail park so popped in to find out what was happening. They checked my booking and said TUI had not actually cancelled down my holiday so no refund voucher could be processed., it had been overlooked. Maybe this is what has happend to your booking also. They sorted everything out in the store and we re-booked for next year and even recieved the 20% incentive to re-book. Happy days looking forward to 2021, hope you get yours sorted. Just wonder how many other travel companies will be left for you to choose from if you want to book a complete package ?

zoomboy
15th Jul 2020, 11:56
Thanks for the advice. We never actually received a cancellation e-mail, just deduced it from various press reports, and our account record states the holiday cancelled.

double-oscar
15th Jul 2020, 16:21
Something has obviously gone wrong in your case. As previously mentioned the store staff are very helpful if you have a store nearby. The company are also active on social media so post something on there and see if you get a reply.

TOM100
15th Jul 2020, 17:31
I have to say I find all of this boarding by rows and clearing immigration by flight a bit cosmetic (I guess you could also argue mitigation) as you are all then sat on the aircraft for several hours and people have to move for physiological relief and then all the flights end up in the same hotels. Given the incubation period of this virus, which I believe to be 7-10 days you would likely have to quarantine entire hotels anyway as I imagine again thinking you can’t identify where the virus was picked up /transmitted by that stage ?

ROC10
15th Jul 2020, 17:41
Thanks for the advice. We never actually received a cancellation e-mail, just deduced it from various press reports, and our account record states the holiday cancelled.

I agree that something must have gone wrong. The fact that you didn’t even receive an email makes it seem like your cancellation almost wasn’t “processed” if that makes sense.

In our case, we received an email informing us of cancellation and that we would get a code within 28 days, after which we’d be able to either use it or apply for a cash refund. Instead, no code was sent and a full refund was automatically issued in considerably fewer than 28 days. This was surprising, particularly after all the stories I’ve heard, for example, people who were due to fly in March still not having been refunded. We were certainly considering using the refund credit (especially if there had been a good incentive) but they didn’t offer us it so we’ve just happily taken the cash refund.

pamann
15th Jul 2020, 17:55
I have to say I find all of this boarding by rows and clearing immigration by flight a bit cosmetic (I guess you could also argue mitigation) as you are all then sat on the aircraft for several hours and people have to move for physiological relief and then all the flights end up in the same hotels. Given the incubation period of this virus, which I believe to be 7-10 days you would likely have to quarantine entire hotels anyway as I imagine again thinking you can’t identify where the virus was picked up /transmitted by that stage ?

TOM100 what’s your suggestion then? That they just do nothing?

LGS6753
15th Jul 2020, 18:33
I haven't contributed to this thread recently, but have been reading it with mounting concern. It seems that TUI have completely lost the plot. Their response to customers whose holidays they have cancelled, their stuttering and piecemeal attempts to restart their operations, the increasing cost and reducing value of their product will combine to make me choose another operator for my next holiday. On the other hand, and facing exactly the same situation, I have been impressed with the approach of Jet2 - a company that puts its customers first, has tried to return to flying in an orderly manner, and whose product now outperforms that of TUI.
What a sad demise of the once-respected names of Britannia Airways and Sky Tours Holidays.

double-oscar
15th Jul 2020, 22:25
Actually, I think you are being a little unfair. At the beginning of the crisis TUI brought home all of its customers, there were many stories of travellers stranded abroad. Holidays then had to be cancelled but the shops, call centres and offices were closed and so the number of customer queries far exceeded the capacity to deal with them. I would agree communication could have been better but things have been getting better as staff have been able to return to work. As for the restart of operations this has been made difficult by the constantly changing government goalposts and the need to ensure the procedures put in place actually work. Also, TUI have given a promise that they won’t take customers to a destination unless they are confident they will be able to enjoy their holiday. They have also put in place some protection for customers should their holiday be affected by Covid, something I haven’t seen from other operators.

H44
16th Jul 2020, 09:59
In what way was their restart stuttering and piecemeal? It seems to me it was very measured and cautious. Starting with a couple of trial flights from Germany to the Balearics. When UK operations restarted, it was initially Balearics, then canaries with the operation carefully ramping up further over the next few weeks as they gain increased confidence that the procedures they have in place are working. Contrast that with Jet2 who on day one sent 50 odd flights off, including to Greece on the very day that they reopened to direct uk flights. I know which approach I’m more impressed with.

TOM100
16th Jul 2020, 12:42
Not Tui when they have thousands of pounds of my cash for a holiday they could operate and I can’t get hold of them for a refund. This despite sending me a mail 25 days ago telling me they would refund me 15 days later or at least tell me when they would refund me. They have not covered themselves in glory during this crisis. J2 also got their customers home, answer their phones and refund in a timely way (borne out by a Which survey). I know where my cash will go next time.

helipixman
16th Jul 2020, 13:46
Not Tui when they have thousands of pounds of my cash for a holiday they could operate and I can’t get hold of them for a refund. This despite sending me a mail 25 days ago telling me they would refund me 15 days later or at least tell me when they would refund me. They have not covered themselves in glory during this crisis. J2 also got their customers home, answer their phones and refund in a timely way (borne out by a Which survey). I know where my cash will go next time.

Whilst I repect your choice, TUI have been fantastic with my booking which was cancelled. I found a store that was open and they rebooked everything giving me the 20% incentive to re-book. Let's face it TUI did not cause this pandemic and all companies deal with things differently. TUI have been great with me in the past, lets hope they have a future because there are not many companies left you can book package holidays with. I know people who have booked holidays with seperate airlines and hotels and are still fighting to get anything back.

My choice is not to book things separately because of that reason, maybe I am old school but I have always relied on the security of package holidays.

TOM100
17th Jul 2020, 10:39
Whilst I repect your choice, TUI have been fantastic with my booking which was cancelled. I found a store that was open and they rebooked everything giving me the 20% incentive to re-book. Let's face it TUI did not cause this pandemic and all companies deal with things differently. TUI have been great with me in the past, lets hope they have a future because there are not many companies left you can book package holidays with. I know people who have booked holidays with seperate airlines and hotels and are still fighting to get anything back.

My choice is not to book things separately because of that reason, maybe I am old school but I have always relied on the security of package holidays.

Sadly, not my experience. I also gave them the benefit of the doubt when my holiday in May was cancelled and took the 20% incentive and rebooked for July (a risk I know). What has frustrated me is that I want to rebook with Jet2 and I have been trying for nearly a month to get a refund from TUI. I appreciate this is not of their making but I am a strong believer that how a company deals with their customers when things go wrong demonstrates if they are truly customer centric. Their actions show they just want to hold on to people’s money as long as they can and ABTA seem pretty toothless at the moment. On the other hand I know Jet2 we’re answering their phones and providing refunds in a timely manner. I just expected more from the ‘World’s largest travel company’. I will just vote with my feet. Obviously I am pleased your experience was good - mine most definitely has not been.

helipixman
17th Jul 2020, 12:31
TOM100

I feel for you with your situation and you are quite right to vote with your feet and try elswhere. As you say Jet2 seem to playing fair with people (an airline I have yet to fly with)

Maybe to speed up your refund have you got one of the TUI Superstores nearby ? we got ours sorted immediately by the staff in the shop. As my local TUI shops in a shopping centre is indoors they for some reason still not re-opened. I travelled approx 30 miles to the nearest superstore (In a retail park) knowing it was open and as I say they did everything straight away, even offered us the refund but we wanted to re-book. It was well worth the 60 miles round trip. No more waiting for emails, no more phone calls, can just relax and chill to next year for the holiday. I worked at Edinburgh Airport for a while and both the crews for TUI and Jet2 were great maybe its the people higher up causing the problems.

I hope you get yours sorted soon
Helipixman

LGS6753
17th Jul 2020, 20:51
My local TUI shop is staffed, but not open to the public!

Nil by mouth
17th Jul 2020, 23:56
As a TUI, First Choice customer for many years I do not understand why they do not have a customer service email address!
My Jamaica vacation in April was cancelled and an amended (FOC) vacation was arranged. However at the time the phone operative had to correct her mistake that gave me £100 discount.
Now TUI are demanding payment for this erroneous amount.
I have an email receipt from TUI with a zero balance.
I'm not a UK resident so hanging on to their standard rate number from abroad costs a fortune,
Emails to their head offices in Germany go unanswered.
Unless someone can furnish me with a UK email contact address, TUI can go whistle for their erroneous 100 quid.

Vokes55
18th Jul 2020, 07:06
Not quite sure what people are trying to achieve with post after post complaining about stores and refunds on a pilots forum? Maybe try Facebook or somewhere where somebody might care?

zoomboy
18th Jul 2020, 08:25
The Percy Prune forum is totally applicable in my case. I've received no communication from the company re cancelled holiday, except my email address received a message from the TUI CEO to my grandaughter encouraging her to book for 2021. She is eleven-years-old and known to TUI because we took her on holiday with uslast year. That pilots are assumed not to care about their company losing the goodwill of their longterm customers says a lot.

Cloud1
18th Jul 2020, 09:35
I really couldn’t give a monkeys uncle about other people’s issues with refunds or rebooking issues to be quite frank. There are plenty of other platforms and forums for those to be aired without having to fill the threads here with moans and groans no matter how justified they may be.

Cloud1
18th Jul 2020, 09:37
The Percy Prune forum is totally applicable in my case. I've received no communication from the company re cancelled holiday, except my email address received a message from the TUI CEO to my grandaughter encouraging her to book for 2021. She is eleven-years-old and known to TUI because we took her on holiday with uslast year. That pilots are assumed not to care about their company losing the goodwill of their longterm customers says a lot.

There are plenty of non TUI staff on here so let’s not go down the “TUI Pilots don’t care because they don’t deal with or reply to my issues on Pprune” road.

caaardiff
18th Jul 2020, 10:03

Let's not forget there is a passenger section on pprune for things like this.
This particular part of Pprune is for the Airline side of things, not the holiday part of the company.

pabely
18th Jul 2020, 11:07
As the poster talks about TUI and First Choice I assume the booking is for a holiday, thus contract is with holiday company not airline so how can a pilot in fear of his/her job help? I agree this is an inappropriate medium to ask such questions and should be moved SLF section.
On the other hand a 1 min google gets me the email address of the CEO and other board members which I personally would try, along with some advise of how to write such an email.
At then end of the day everyone is fighting to save jobs in an ever changing market and I wish anyone luck in getting a timely response from any customer service department currently.

Yeehaw22
18th Jul 2020, 11:21
One fact that people are missing is that companies actively tell their employees not to respond to company related matters on social media. Not just tui, most companies.

To add balance ive family members/friends who've had massive issues getting money back from BA, TUI and Jet2 (a 6 week + battle) and other friends who've found it a breeze and couldn't be more complimentary. All travel companies have had to adapt to do something they've never had to do before in mass cancellations and refunds.

double-oscar
18th Jul 2020, 17:27
TUI are active on social media, putting your query on Facebook or Twitter is more likely to elicit the response you require. I know there are long wait times if you call the company because the agents are busy ringing out to customers with upcoming holidays to advise them of changes.

daz211
19th Jul 2020, 23:11
Can anyone tell me what Aircraft will be operating, MAN-ACE-MAN, 12 Nov / 19 Nov.
Many thanks in advance.

matjr79
22nd Jul 2020, 21:46
At present (so very much subject to change) remaining 757 fleet to have left over Winter 21. Small fleet remains for summer 21. Believe 767 going winter 21 aswell.

Presume the 75/76 fleet leaving in Winter 21 will pave way for Max frames taking over? Or will the Max be in service by May/Jun/Jul 2021? Can't find anything definitive about Max start-up.

TUI customer service said my flights MAN-LCA are on 757 outbound (BY2418/24Jun) and 737-800 inbound (2701/04Jul).. I asked if this was a B738 or B38M... they don't know was the answer.

Matjr79

pabely
22nd Jul 2020, 22:14
Wall Street Journal thinks from Feb 2021 assuming FAA passes all changes, obvoiusly european regulators might have separate timelines.

TimmyW
23rd Jul 2020, 13:52
It seems TUI have scaled back their winter 20/21 programme, especially from its smaller bases.
DSA was down to have 2 based aircraft for this winter, however now will only have 6 flights per week to 4 destinations which is a considerable decrease.

ROC10
23rd Jul 2020, 16:42
It seems TUI have scaled back their winter 20/21 programme, especially from its smaller bases.
DSA was down to have 2 based aircraft for this winter, however now will only have 6 flights per week to 4 destinations which is a considerable decrease.

I wasn’t aware DSA was due to be 2 aircraft in winter but it’s true that there have been cutbacks. The EDI base will not reopen for W20 (2 x weekly TFS only), not sure of others.

TimmyW
23rd Jul 2020, 16:48
I wasn’t aware DSA was due to be 2 aircraft in winter but it’s true that there have been cutbacks. The EDI base will not reopen for W20 (2 x weekly TFS only), not sure of others.

They had announced a big increase for this winter at DSA, with new destinations and increased frequencies.

I wonder how next summer will pan out.

Gurnard
23rd Jul 2020, 17:41
What's the latest regarding the nine second-hand B737-800s which we understand were acquired to cover for the loss of the MAX? Is this additional capacity needed now? One ex-Norwegian a/c is all painted up and has been parked at Lasham for 4 months.

pabely
23rd Jul 2020, 18:06
Very much doubt any are needed this year, if the Max does arrive neither next. I think they are happy using the dreamliners to combine flights to the bucket and spade routes.
I'm sure exit any lease commitments would have been a top priority once it was clear there would be no normal S20 program

737James
23rd Jul 2020, 18:09
I know Tui have said about using the Dreamliner on short haul routes from a few bases where they have reduced the frequency of flights until the Long Haul season starts again in November, Does anyone know at present are any Birmingham flights planned to be on the 787 this summer ?

ROC10
26th Jul 2020, 11:52
https://twitter.com/tuiuk/status/1287353867609542657?s=21

hec7or
26th Jul 2020, 12:21
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1168x601/tui_1c48c57056f4704b7b00cbed186421c09d65b6bf.png

Some conflicting information here, hardly surprising given the timescale.

TOM100
26th Jul 2020, 13:17
So presumably based on their “Holiday Promise” people who do not wish to travel to the Canaries (even if TUI operate) can opt for a refund or credit ? As they state they won’t operate if guests have to quarantine in resort or on arrival back home ?

Yeehaw22
26th Jul 2020, 13:30
So presumably based on their “Holiday Promise” people who do not wish to travel to the Canaries (even if TUI operate) can opt for a refund or credit ? As they state they won’t operate if guests have to quarantine in resort or on arrival back home ?

Thats what has been communicated

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/fco-travel-advice-change-for-spain

TOM100
26th Jul 2020, 14:05
Thats what has been communicated

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/fco-travel-advice-change-for-spain

That’s not what that says (how I read it) - it says holidays to the islands will continue and those with holidays to mainland Spain up until 9 August will be proactively contacted and offered choices. It is pretty vague on the islands other than saying they will continue.

ROC10
26th Jul 2020, 14:18
That’s not what that says (how I read it) - it says holidays to the islands will continue and those with holidays to mainland Spain up until 9 August will be proactively contacted and offered choices. It is pretty vague on the islands other than saying they will continue.

I agree, it’s not particularly clear whether they’ll be offering refunds to those going to the islands who cannot or do not wish to quarantine on return. Based on their “promise”, I would expect that they will be included in the customers being contacted but that page seems to imply that all those who are contacted will be offered a refund/credit and not the option to travel. As always, it ought to be clearer, but I suppose they’re probably still figuring things out.

Perhaps they’ll offer a reduced programme to Spain from one or two bases for those wishing to travel? Numbers will be way down so I doubt the planned operation from various regional bases will be viable.

TOM100
26th Jul 2020, 14:29
I agree, it’s not particularly clear whether they’ll be offering refunds to those going to the islands who cannot or do not wish to quarantine on return. Based on their “promise”, I would expect that they will be included in the customers being contacted but that page seems to imply that all those who are contacted will be offered a refund/credit and not the option to travel. As always, it ought to be clearer, but I suppose they’re probably still figuring things out.

Perhaps they’ll offer a reduced programme to Spain from one or two bases for those wishing to travel? Numbers will be way down so I doubt the planned operation from various regional bases will be viable.

i agree am sure they are still figuring it out. If they don’t offer refund or credit to those travelling to the islands who will now have to quarantine, then their ‘promise’ isn’t really worth that much.....

Yeehaw22
26th Jul 2020, 14:33
We will be proactively contacting all customers with bookings up to and including 9 August to either arrange a full refund or the option to rebook their holiday with a booking incentive.

They will offer a refund or credit to anyone not wishing to travel to the islands and quarantine on return. Which makes you wonder if there's some negotiations ongoing to reinstate the travel corridor to the Canaries and balearics.

ROC10
26th Jul 2020, 15:03
We will be proactively contacting all customers with bookings up to and including 9 August to either arrange a full refund or the option to rebook their holiday with a booking incentive.

They will offer a refund or credit to anyone not wishing to travel to the islands and quarantine on return. Which makes you wonder if there's some negotiations ongoing to reinstate the travel corridor to the Canaries and balearics.

If that’s true, then good news, but I still wouldn’t say that quote is particularly clear for the reasons mentioned above.

I’m sure there will be lots or negotiations going on.

ROC10
28th Jul 2020, 16:41
TUI now offering free amends on bookings made before the end of September for holidays up to the end of April 2021.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/flexible-payment-options-new-customers

pabely
3rd Aug 2020, 11:45
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/tui-raises-money-in-boeing-737-deal-amid-aviation-sector-woes-081806223.html
EZY do this all the time but is this normal for TUI ?

LGS6753
4th Aug 2020, 09:06
Normal practice across many industries. Property, vehicles, aircraft and other assets are often sold then leased back as a way of strengthening balance sheets, and giving the company working capital.

pabely
4th Aug 2020, 11:48
I know but the uninformed press keep on banging on about it implying cash flow issues!

clipstone1
17th Aug 2020, 13:58
don' think these aircraft have even been delivered yet. It is quite normal for TUI to not own any aircraft (was about 2 or 3 out of a fleet of 150), they order them then before delivery do as sale and lease back deal.

ChilliP
15th Sep 2020, 10:17
See TUI have received dispensation to recover G-TUMF from Tenerife South today, having spent 18 months grounded and has left c. 1040 this morning.

Gurnard
15th Sep 2020, 10:59
MAX FLYING
G-TUMF which has been grounded at TFS for 18 months is currently on the way back to the UK at FL180 - possibly via Malaga.

116d
15th Sep 2020, 12:32
MAX FLYING
G-TUMF which has been grounded at TFS for 18 months is currently on the way back to the UK at FL180 - possibly via Malaga.

On descent into AGP as we speak.

Do we know if it's heading to MAN to join the other grounded TUI MAX's or elsewhere?

BHX5DME
15th Sep 2020, 12:49
On descent into AGP as we speak.

Do we know if it's heading to MAN to join the other grounded TUI MAX's or elsewhere?

G-TUMF is coming to BHX

737James
17th Sep 2020, 08:16
I came home from a Tui holiday on Monday and overall was very happy with everything, I was so pleased that I got the chance to have one last flight on the 757 to feel that pure power that the aircraft has especially out of DLM where aircraft have to clear the mountains quite soon after take off and it we soon got up to initial cruise of FL380

One question I have are Tui using 757 flightdeck crew from other bases at BHX this year as I am sure the captain Sunil said that he was Manchester based ? I just wondered as there is only one 757 based at BHX this year whether it was being crewed by MAN and LGW crew doing a 3-4 day rota block of flights

jameseyre1
9th Oct 2020, 10:19
Anyone know what a/c TUI are currently using out of MAN? We're on TOM2794 to KGS on 25 Oct and wondered what equipment would be used.

CabinCrewe
16th Oct 2020, 10:38
With EASA announcement today hopefully TUI will get their Max’s in the air again this year. wonder if ‘Max’ will be quietly dropped...

Pain in the R's
16th Oct 2020, 10:43
With EASA announcement today hopefully TUI will get their Max’s in the air again this year. wonder if ‘Max’ will be quietly dropped...

Painting Airbus on the side would help passenger perceptions.

rog747
16th Oct 2020, 11:13
A year ago TUI UK bosses were publicly mulling over if to drop the MAX fleet name...They have removed all ref to TUI UK as operating the MAX a/c.
As yet the UK Company has not made any further announcements.
A few months back partner TUI Fly will in the future identify its Boeing 737 MAX aircraft as “737-8” in flight plans and operations.
Ryanair had already dropped the word MAX and has used the 737-8 200 moniker for their unique MAX type fleet it has on order.

Back in the summer 5 new TUI MAX a/c were sold and will be leased back to the airline to raise $226m for TUI.
TUI Group currently have 15 grounded MAX aircraft and 8 more built awaiting delivery.
Also now TUI have put back the timescale on anymore Max deliveries reducing the intake over the next few years, under a broad agreement with Boeing to compensate for the type’s grounding since March 2019.

The UK withdraws completely from the EASA system on 1 January 2021, meaning that the CAA will need to fulfil regulatory functions without having EASA as a regulatory body. The respective positions outlined in the EU and UK negotiating mandates make clear that the UK will no longer participate in EASA systems after the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020.

CWL757
24th Oct 2020, 21:08
Noticed recently that lots of the fleet, particularly the 787s are starting to look really faded now, probably not helped by sitting in the same place for prolonged periods of time. The patches from where they covered the Thomson titles up looked bad enough but are now even worse thanks to the fading blue. I know it's definitely not a priority right now but does anyone know when we can expect to see the 787s start to get repainted and why they seem to be most affected? Something to do with being carbon fibre maybe?

ROC10
24th Oct 2020, 23:24
Noticed recently that lots of the fleet, particularly the 787s are starting to look really faded now, probably not helped by sitting in the same place for prolonged periods of time. The patches from where they covered the Thomson titles up looked bad enough but are now even worse thanks to the fading blue. I know it's definitely not a priority right now but does anyone know when we can expect to see the 787s start to get repainted and why they seem to be most affected? Something to do with being carbon fibre maybe?

The 787s have looked pretty awful ever since they patched up the “Thomson” titles a few years back, whereas the 737/757 don’t look anywhere near as bad - the patch is often visible but only vaguely. Clearly wasn’t a priority then though and it certainly won’t be now. They have let some of their aircraft get in a pretty poor state in terms or livery in the past so it doesn’t particularly surprise me. The fact that the 737s that went to Sunwing last winter are still wearing hybrid titles tells you all you need to know in terms of how little a priority this is likely to be.

Playamar2
25th Oct 2020, 17:50
i can see why TUI are in decline with such a poor website compared to Jet2 which are their main competitors. They are advertising holidays for next weekend in Tenerife for hotels which have been closed for months. I know as I walked up to one of the Hotels this morning, and there was no sign of activity. As 90% of their business is holiday related it reflects badly on the in-house airline.

pabely
25th Oct 2020, 19:34
Not wanting to defend TUI but they run a Worlďwide business not just UK. Have about 400 hotels if their own and close links to about a dozen large hotel groups.
They have alot of brands, some compete with Jet2 Holidays, some do not.
If this crisis continues for for another 3+ years who do you think will survive? Dart Group sold part if the Group Assets in the summer, I bet the German Gov will back TUI Group all day, will the UK Government with Jet2? Things are that bad for the Industry to be thinking of specific examples next week!

Big X
25th Oct 2020, 21:36
PabeIy I assume you are talking about the sale of Fowler Welch Coolchain. If so I think you will find that the sale was started pre Covid last October.

pabely
26th Oct 2020, 00:15
PabeIy I assume you are talking about the sale of Fowler Welch Coolchain. If so I think you will find that the sale was started pre Covid last October.
I know it was not a knee jerk reaction to Covid, it was long published in Company Accounts the intention to sell this asset, my thoughts were more about funding further expansion but in the end it has helped cash flow but will not be available again to fund expansion.
Anyhow, back to TUI.........

Vokes55
26th Oct 2020, 00:30
i can see why TUI are in decline with such a poor website compared to Jet2 which are their main competitors. They are advertising holidays for next weekend in Tenerife for hotels which have been closed for months. I know as I walked up to one of the Hotels this morning, and there was no sign of activity. As 90% of their business is holiday related it reflects badly on the in-house airline.

Did it not occur to you that these hotels have been closed because there’s been near enough no British tourists in Tenerife, and now that British tourists are “allowed” again, they will be reopened?

I must say, the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming.

Playamar2
26th Oct 2020, 07:45
Vokes55 - This particular Hotel was advertised for holidays by TUI in July when the Canaries were open for business, yet in remained closed. As for it opening before this weekend, their is no chance. The point being that they are misleading people into booking for a Hotel that is closed. The hotels own website says they won't open until 7th December at the earliest. So Vokes55 do your homework before criticising others.

Cloud1
26th Oct 2020, 09:01
Vokes55 - This particular Hotel was advertised for holidays by TUI in July when the Canaries were open for business, yet in remained closed. As for it opening before this weekend, their is no chance. The point being that they are misleading people into booking for a Hotel that is closed. The hotels own website says they won't open until 7th December at the earliest. So Vokes55 do your homework before criticising others.

Unless you are booked in to the hotel, what concern is it of yours? Let TUI do what they want and pick up the pieces if it goes wrong. If you are a TUI member of staff with a vested interest in what their website is doing then feedback internally.

737James
26th Oct 2020, 09:24
The 787s have looked pretty awful ever since they patched up the “Thomson” titles a few years back, whereas the 737/757 don’t look anywhere near as bad - the patch is often visible but only vaguely. Clearly wasn’t a priority then though and it certainly won’t be now. They have let some of their aircraft get in a pretty poor state in terms or livery in the past so it doesn’t particularly surprise me. The fact that the 737s that went to Sunwing last winter are still wearing hybrid titles tells you all you need to know in terms of how little a priority this is likely to be.

Its not just the exterior of the aircraft that need a bit of work them, I have been on 6 Tui aircraft this year while going on holiday and 5 out the 6 aircrafts needed some work on them with wall panels and floor vents being cracked, armrests broken and carpets having seen better days. One the be fair was a 757 so i can accept that aircraft should have left the fleet but the 737s there was no real excuse I do wonder if some of the earlier ones are coming to the end of their lease though so thats why they have left them as they are.

Although with the reduced schedule there is no reason to do some of the cosmetic jobs for example in September I went BHX-DLM on G-FDZX at 6am but due to aircraft rotation it had been on the ground at BHX for 55 hours in between flights on a remote stand so why the armrests were not fixed, Even the cabin crew warned us about when we sat down

SWBKCB
26th Oct 2020, 10:41
While that a/c was sat on the ground for 55 hours, it was costing TUI money and not earning anything.

While from a practical point of view that's an opportunity for minor fixes, from a financial point of view I would imagine that they aren't spending anything which isn't absolutely necessary.

LBAflyer22
26th Oct 2020, 21:06
Did it not occur to you that these hotels have been closed because there’s been near enough no British tourists in Tenerife, and now that British tourists are “allowed” again, they will be reopened?

I must say, the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming.

I mean this post pretty much contradicts it's self from the outset. You are saying that the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming, whilst saying that hotels will now be reopened again, some of whom rely solely on the British. I think some Hoteliers, knowing what the government have been like, will remain on the side of caution and would rather remain closed.

Some hoteliers have made the decision, the hard & difficult decision to close until next year in time for Summer 21 season. Others are not open to their full capacity due to staffing issues or not able to social distance with their maximum capacity the list goes on and on. Another point to make here is that the UK government gave very much, what the industry would say, very late notice. You can not just open a Hotel at a click of a finger like you might like to think. So suddenly selling holidays to Canary Islands isn't just about "quick sell 40 hotel rooms in that hotel". But you keep believing that.

Maybe do some research on the tour operator business. You may open up your very narrow minded opinion.

ericlday
26th Oct 2020, 21:21
Not everyone currently coming to Tenerife is destined for Hotels, to my knowledge many are 'swallows' returning to their properties for the winter.

Vokes55
26th Oct 2020, 23:00
I mean this post pretty much contradicts it's self from the outset. You are saying that the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming, whilst saying that hotels will now be reopened again, some of whom rely solely on the British. I think some Hoteliers, knowing what the government have been like, will remain on the side of caution and would rather remain closed.

Some hoteliers have made the decision, the hard & difficult decision to close until next year in time for Summer 21 season. Others are not open to their full capacity due to staffing issues or not able to social distance with their maximum capacity the list goes on and on. Another point to make here is that the UK government gave very much, what the industry would say, very late notice. You can not just open a Hotel at a click of a finger like you might like to think. So suddenly selling holidays to Canary Islands isn't just about "quick sell 40 hotel rooms in that hotel". But you keep believing that.

Maybe do some research on the tour operator business. You may open up your very narrow minded opinion.

Wow, quite the tangent. Deep breaths! But thanks for proving that my statement on lack of intelligence and common sense is correct - the fact that your attempt at a patronising argument is based on “I think” says it all.

Firstly, not many “hoteliers” in the Canary Islands can afford to “remain on the side of caution”. In case you hadn’t noticed, they’ve had next to no income for the past seven months. Independent hoteliers may remain closed for now, but those contracted by tour operators, who went through the whole process of becoming COVID compliant back in June/July, will be reopening. And your point about not being able to open a hotel at the click of a finger is correct, hence why the poster probably saw little activity when he walked past on Saturday, with the first Tenerife holidays not starting until tomorrow or Friday.

Your second (and third) paragraph is just a few words thrown together. The point here is that TUI aren’t going to sell a holiday for next weekend to a hotel that isn’t open. If the hotel is on sale and the destination is open, the hotel is going to be open.

yeo valley
27th Oct 2020, 05:08
With the airline fleet inside and out being shabby,it wonders if a color change is not so far away.

Playamar2
27th Oct 2020, 08:23
Voles55 - TUI have now taken the said Hotel off their website (I repeat the Hotels own website says opening until 8th December). Better late than never with only 3 days before first arrivals. The Hotel had no intention of opening ready for this weekend, according to their sister property down the road.

Vokes55
27th Oct 2020, 09:20
Which hotel was it?

CWL757
27th Oct 2020, 09:46
Does anyone have a rundown of what the bases are looking like this winter?

FRatSTN
29th Oct 2020, 23:00
TUI are quoting 62 destinations for the Summer 2022 programme from 16 UK airports, which go on sale November 5.

Cannot help that currently for Summer 2021, they serve up to 21 UK airports, of which 17 are base airports, and that's before the addition of Teesside for 2022.

I would hazard a guess the 16 figure is just the base airports, but that would still mean somebody gets the axe. Reports of flights/holidays for Summer 2022 have already been reported for ABZ, BRS, DSA, EDI, GLA, LGW, MAN, NCL, NWI, STN and the new addition of MME.

pamann
29th Oct 2020, 23:25
TUI are quoting 62 destinations for the Summer 2022 programme from 16 UK airports, which go on sale November 5.

Cannot help that currently for Summer 2021, they serve up to 21 UK airports, of which 17 are base airports, and that's before the addition of Teesside for 2022.

I would hazard a guess the 16 figure is just the base airports, but that would still mean somebody gets the axe. Reports of flights/holidays for Summer 2022 have already been reported for ABZ, BRS, DSA, EDI, GLA, LGW, MAN, NCL, NWI, STN and the new addition of MME.

Or that two get the chop. MME is just a non based aircraft doing a once weekly Palma. If you include that in the 16 U.K. departure points then that leaves a maximum of 15 bases. That’s assuming that the 16 U.K. departure points don’t include any other non bases such as Southampton, Humberside or Leeds as an example.

PDXCWL45
29th Oct 2020, 23:56
If TUI are going to cut bases then surely it'll be the smaller single aircraft bases and the seasonal one.

CabinCrewe
30th Oct 2020, 02:41
Wasn't EDI scrapped as a base? Some of their schedules at least for S21 show a hybrid type base with lots of w patterns through NCL and they could even be third party flights.

ROC10
30th Oct 2020, 08:04
Wasn't EDI scrapped as a base? Some of their schedules at least for S21 show a hybrid type base with lots of w patterns through NCL and they could even be third party flights.
Current S21/W21 schedules indicate that they plan to reopen the EDI base from April 2021, although a few of the summer flights are W-patterns to NCL. Perhaps NCL will only be getting 3 aircraft instead of 4, hence the need for the W-patterns? I haven’t checked NCL flights so may be wrong but that would make sense.

manchesterflyer2
30th Oct 2020, 17:08
EDI has not been dropped as base as an earlier post suggested.

ROC10
3rd Nov 2020, 20:01
Anyone know why G-OBYH (767) operated the following flights today? I assume some sort of charter but curious as to what it could be.

STN-VIE-CPH-ARN-LGW-STN

ROC10
3rd Nov 2020, 21:09
According to TUI’s online timetable, the following flights are planned to operate in November. I assume the AGA flights are probably an error and will not operate. Obviously, all of these flights will be subject to removal depending on changing restrictions.

Aberdeen
Wed: ABZ-TFS-ABZ
Sun: ABZ-TFS-ABZ

Edinburgh
Tue: EDI-TFS-EDI
Fri: EDI-TFS-EDI

Glasgow
Mon: GLA-LPA-GLA
Tue: GLA-TFS-GLA
Thu: GLA-ACE-GLA
Fri: GLA-TFS-GLA

London Gatwick (from 16 Nov)
Mon: LGW-AGA-LGW

Manchester (from 16 Nov)
Mon: MAN-AGA-MAN

Jamie236
10th Nov 2020, 08:09
WFU this morning currently on its way to Bangor from BHX

Will there be any 757 left for summer 21? I’ve got a holiday planned for June which is showing a 757 and that’s probably going to be my last chance to fly my favourite plane.

pabely
10th Nov 2020, 19:46
4 left, probally depend on the Max.

ROC10
10th Nov 2020, 20:35
WFU this morning currently on its way to Bangor from BHX

Will there be any 757 left for summer 21? I’ve got a holiday planned for June which is showing a 757 and that’s probably going to be my last chance to fly my favourite plane.
Out of interest, where is your flight “showing” as a 757? May be wrong but I don’t think seat maps are available this far in advance?

Jamie236
10th Nov 2020, 21:09
Out of interest, where is your flight “showing” as a 757? May be wrong but I don’t think seat maps are available this far in advance?

If you purchase a extra space or leg room seat you can select at the time of booking.

CWL757
10th Nov 2020, 21:17
4 left, probally depend on the Max.
WOW, only four 75's left, I'd lost count. 4 757's and 2 767s. The end is neigh for both I fear :(

Vokes55
10th Nov 2020, 22:09
WOW, only four 75's left, I'd lost count. 4 757's and 2 767s. The end is neigh for both I fear :(

Technically 3x 767s. One of the Swedish reg’d aircraft is operating for the U.K. arm and will continue to do so through next Summer (subject to change, as always)

davidjohnson6
10th Nov 2020, 22:25
Santa Claus is cancelled this year
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/lapland-tui-cancels-winter-trips-santa-christmas-b1720289.html