PDA

View Full Version : TUI Airways

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

dbm44
4th Jul 2018, 08:06
"This diverting to NCL has happened a few times on ABZ flights"

Really could have fooled me, you would think they had never seen a diversion before. What an utter shambles at NCL.

Ground staff did not have a clue. They provided only one bus for a full 737 and then resorted to asking taxi drivers dropping off at the airport if they would go to Aberdeen. Young kids were left shivering outside waiting for hours after aircraft had landed.

Captain did not explain why diversion was to NCL and not EDI or GLA.

EDI looked pretty foggy, although open when we eventually drove past 5 hours later, so perhaps that was reason for NCL choice. I would suggest in any future diversion that it would be good for Captain to explain why the chosen diversion airport is so far away.

Vokes55
4th Jul 2018, 09:41
Young kids were left shivering outside waiting for hours after aircraft had landed.

Oh please, save us the Daily Mail sob story.

The captain probably didn’t say why because he didn’t know. They would have had a list of alternates on the flight plan ranked commercially and picked the highest one that was open and available. At most they would’ve asked operations through ACARS. It’s not his job to know why the company favour one airport over another commercially.

If you really want an explanation, it’s most likely because Newcastle is a 737 crew base, so it would’ve been easier to get the aircraft back to Aberdeen the next day. Slap on the wrist for the captain not knowing this and saving those poor children from pneumonia.

SWBKCB
4th Jul 2018, 10:32
Running an airline would be easy if it wasn't for all those pesky passengers :ok:

ROC10
4th Jul 2018, 13:13
"This diverting to NCL has happened a few times on ABZ flights"

Really could have fooled me, you would think they had never seen a diversion before. What an utter shambles at NCL.

Ground staff did not have a clue. They provided only one bus for a full 737 and then resorted to asking taxi drivers dropping off at the airport if they would go to Aberdeen. Young kids were left shivering outside waiting for hours after aircraft had landed.

Captain did not explain why diversion was to NCL and not EDI or GLA.

EDI looked pretty foggy, although open when we eventually drove past 5 hours later, so perhaps that was reason for NCL choice. I would suggest in any future diversion that it would be good for Captain to explain why the chosen diversion airport is so far away.

I’m guessing you were on this flight?

That does not sound like a nice experience at all, especially considering the flight times were awful enough already.

I actually thought they might have put all of you up in a hotel (or perhaps even left you at NCL - which obviously wouldn’t have been good either), and flew you back up in the aircraft in the morning.

EDI was certainly open (and I assume a 737 crew base? Correct me if I’m wrong) as the TUI DLM-EDI landed shortly after the ABZ divert. I was concerned the EDI flight may have been diverted too as I was flying on the early EDI-CFU on Friday. The ABZ delay ended up delaying the outbound GLA so our cruise ship was held up for over three hours. The weather in the Edinburgh area was glorious on Thursday and no signs of fog when we were headed to the airport on Friday morning.

ROC10
4th Jul 2018, 13:30
Oh please, save us the Daily Mail sob story.

The captain probably didn’t say why because he didn’t know. They would have had a list of alternates on the flight plan ranked commercially and picked the highest one that was open and available. At most they would’ve asked operations through ACARS. It’s not his job to know why the company favour one airport over another commercially.

If you really want an explanation, it’s most likely because Newcastle is a 737 crew base, so it would’ve been easier to get the aircraft back to Aberdeen the next day. Slap on the wrist for the captain not knowing this and saving those poor children from pneumonia.

Isn’t EDI a 737 crew base?

I completely understand your viewpoint but if I was in this situation I would also want an explanation. I don’t think it’s a step too far for them to “really want an explanation”.

Vokes55
4th Jul 2018, 14:14
The explanation would be fog in Aberdeen, and the unavailability or unsuitability of closer alternates. It often happens that airports are unavailable for divert for specific reasons. Heathrow was unavailable to be used as a planned alternate when they changed the ATC systems in April, Stansted is unavailable during certain hours in the evening, Bournemouth is unavailable after 10pm during the Winter. Of course in a low fuel situation, it is a different matter, but with sufficient fuel the crew would've been directed towards Newcastle by the flightplan and/or operations, and they wouldn't necessarily be told the reason why.

Yes EDI is a 737 crew base, but the chance of finding a crew to come in on their days off to position the aircraft up to ABZ is far greater in a three aircraft base than a one aircraft base.

dbm44
4th Jul 2018, 15:18
Running an airline would be easy if it wasn't for all those pesky passengers :ok:

Exactly. And yes I was on this flight.

The point I was making was quite simple. Anyone flying in and out of ABZ knows that diversions can happen. It has been happening for years, fog, the (old) airport closing hours etc

I fully appreciate that the Captain can only go where operations tell him. However there was significant anger around the passengers seated around me when it was announced that Newcastle was the diversion, with everyone asking why not GLA, why not EDI. Everyone knew that the transfer time home had just doubled.

I would have thought that given the aircraft had departed GLA -> DLM -> ABZ, the Captain would have been aware that his passengers would have a reasonable expectation that they would land in EDI or GLA if ABZ was unavailable.

A simple "Sorry folks EDI and GLA is not currently available", but like I said there was no explanation other than Aberdeen is a coastal city and it gets fog. Yeah we know, we live there.

McBruce
6th Jul 2018, 18:06
I’m guessing you were on this flight?

That does not sound like a nice experience at all, especially considering the flight times were awful enough already.

I actually thought they might have put all of you up in a hotel (or perhaps even left you at NCL - which obviously wouldn’t have been good either), and flew you back up in the aircraft in the morning.

EDI was certainly open (and I assume a 737 crew base? Correct me if I’m wrong) as the TUI DLM-EDI landed shortly after the ABZ divert. I was concerned the EDI flight may have been diverted too as I was flying on the early EDI-CFU on Friday. The ABZ delay ended up delaying the outbound GLA so our cruise ship was held up for over three hours. The weather in the Edinburgh area was glorious on Thursday and no signs of fog when we were headed to the airport on Friday morning.

EDI has a NOTAM which says it won't accept diversions unless its an emergency due to capacity issues for the duration of the peak summer months. It was the same last year too. NCL probably better choice commercially over GLA since its a 737 base with crews etc

LiamNCL
22nd Jul 2018, 10:39
Anyone have any info on TOM1643 ALC-NCL ? over 24 hours delayed now G-TAWI still on the ground in Alicante.

Cazza_fly
22nd Jul 2018, 11:27
Anyone have any info on TOM1643 ALC-NCL ? over 24 hours delayed now G-TAWI still on the ground in Alicante.

Aircraft tech issue and crew ran out of legal operating hours. Sourcing in a spare at this time of year is easier said than done. Pax are due to return this afternoon.

LiamNCL
22nd Jul 2018, 12:08
Aircraft tech issue and crew ran out of legal operating hours. Sourcing in a spare at this time of year is easier said than done. Pax are due to return this afternoon.

Yeah was just looking its scheduled to depart in about an hours time

ROC10
23rd Jul 2018, 12:15
Does anyone know why G-TUID operated MAN-MAH-ALC-MAN on Saturday? The aircraft left MAH and headed straight for ALC so was obviously planned. Was it something to do with the G-TAWI NCL delay?

Earlier in the day, it operated MAN-ALC-MAN.

rog747
23rd Jul 2018, 12:55
Does anyone know why G-TUID operated MAN-MAH-ALC-MAN on Saturday? The aircraft left MAH and headed straight for ALC so was obviously planned. Was it something to do with the G-TAWI NCL delay?

sounds like a rescue stop to me

azz767
23rd Jul 2018, 17:49
What’s the deal with the 767’s this summer? I know G-OBYK is staying in Sweden, but G-OBYH took me to Ibiza 3 weeks ago from MAN, but is now back in Sweden, I thought it was odd because the IFE only had Scandinavian languages as options

ROC10
23rd Jul 2018, 17:57
What’s the deal with the 767’s this summer? I know G-OBYK is staying in Sweden, but G-OBYH took me to Ibiza 3 weeks ago from MAN, but is now back in Sweden, I thought it was odd because the IFE only had Scandinavian languages as options

YH and YK seem to be permanently operating from the Nordics (unsure why they continue to be registered under TUI UK - in fact, YK was only recently "transferred" to TUI UK but hasn't done any UK flying).

YH swapped with YF and spent a few days working from MAN this summer before swapping back - I think the reason was so it could visit LTN, but could be wrong.

LiamNCL
23rd Jul 2018, 20:04

parts for G-TAWI in guessing as someone mentioned it had a damaged Windsheild ?

ROC10
23rd Jul 2018, 21:09
parts for G-TAWI in guessing as someone mentioned it had a damaged Windsheild ?

No mention of a windshield on here but if that’s true then I guess it makes sense. I can’t imagine the Manchester-bound passengers would be very happy about that.

LiamNCL
24th Jul 2018, 05:28
No mention of a windshield on here but if that’s true then I guess it makes sense. I can’t imagine the Manchester-bound passengers would be very happy about that.

i heard elsewhere it was a cracked windsheild whether that is true or not but G-TUID calling in from MAH would back that claim up.

737James
6th Aug 2018, 12:15
Does anybody know how many 737 Max's TUI UK will have for summer 19 ? Also any idea where these are going to be based, I presume they will be used to replace 757s to do the Cape Verde and longer flights.

awwdabaaby
6th Aug 2018, 13:03
Does anybody know how many 737 Max's TUI UK will have for summer 19 ? Also any idea where these are going to be based, I presume they will be used to replace 757s to do the Cape Verde and longer flights.

the max will most probably be based at Gatwick and Manchester, I know Glasgow is getting a 737 as well as the 757 next summer but will most probably be the standard 738

MUFC_fan
6th Aug 2018, 14:02
the max will most probably be based at Gatwick and Manchester, I know Glasgow is getting a 737 as well as the 757 next summer but will most probably be the standard 738

2 737s at GLA.
737MAXs at MAN.

awwdabaaby
6th Aug 2018, 14:11
2 737s at GLA.
737MAXs at MAN.

where did you find out it's 2 737s at Glasgow

OltonPete
6th Aug 2018, 17:03
2 737s at GLA.
737MAXs at MAN.

Boeing 757's

Jethro's shows 757 "EU" leaving December 18, EV leaving Spring 19 along with BG & BH which really hits home that this type in TUI days are numbered and only one full summer season left.

I know it hardly matters as the fleet will be zero in summer 2020 but which bases will lose some or all of their 757's next summer? I suppose BHX could be a candidate as short-haul aircraft 8 arrives only one year after short-haul aircraft 7 arrived?

Pete

737James
6th Aug 2018, 17:31
So at present nobody is really sure how many Max's they will have for Summer 19, Personally I would imagine that there will be at least one based at LGW,MAN and BHX. I did hear recently from a Swissport staff member that EMA was getting one by July which i cant see if they are being brought in to replace the old 757s unless there are some longer routes that they want to do and need the range

exlatccatsa
6th Aug 2018, 19:52
TUI AIR becomes TOMJET tonight. Much easier for the ATC guys. Seeing a TOM123 callsign and having to say TUI AIR123 was confusing, much better as TOMJET123

Packer27L
6th Aug 2018, 22:49
TUI AIR becomes TOMJET tonight. Much easier for the ATC guys. Seeing a TOM123 callsign and having to say TUI AIR123 was confusing, much better as TOMJET123
At least the callsign was the same as the word painted on the side of the aeroplane. Changing callsigns for the second time in a few months seems a little odd...and TUIAIR rolls off the tongue much better than TOMJET. Just my £0.02.

yeo valley
7th Aug 2018, 00:39
BRS is due to have 2 max to replace the 2 757. Im not sure if this is next summer or the summer after.

BigDaddyBoxMeal
7th Aug 2018, 04:49

Who makes these decisions? :ugh:

If they had to change it from TUIAIR because it clashed with TUIJET (TUI), then surely TOMJET won’t be much better?

Should’ve gone back to TOMSON!

Reacher19
7th Aug 2018, 06:29
I believe another airline has already taken the Thomson callsign!

oldart
7th Aug 2018, 08:42
I always thought Britannia sounded better, I believe that's where BY came from.

Skipness One Foxtrot
7th Aug 2018, 08:48
I believe another airline has already taken the Thomson callsign!
Really? Tomjet sounds awful. mind you TUIair was as bad. A callsign needs to have no relation with the branding whatsoever.
flybe = "Jersey" from Jersey European
BA = "Speedbird" from BOAC
Thomas Cook = "Kestrel" from the 1991 Airtours business
Jet2 = "Channex" from Channel Express

Why on Earth did they change from "Thomson" given there was never a need to change from "Britannia"?

737James
7th Aug 2018, 10:30
I know recently there has been some confusion with foreign ATC with the TUIAIR call sign especially in Balkans,Greece and Turkey when they are reading instructions there has been confusion.

I agree Britannia was a good call sign and should never have been changed in the first place

exlatccatsa
16th Aug 2018, 08:52
They changed the 6th at 1800z. Strange time to change on my opinion. We had one leave as Tui and come back as Tomjet. And over the next few days, as I expect with other airports, a mixture of the 2 callsign as the crews get used to it.

Shytehawk
16th Aug 2018, 08:58
737 James

There was no way the new German masters were going to stick with the name "Britannia".

22/04
16th Aug 2018, 12:34
There was no way the new German masters were going to stick with the name "Britannia".

No especially after they had "Windsor" inflicted on them when BY operated ex Germany- was that the 80s or 90s.

oceanhawk
16th Aug 2018, 14:50
The Tuiair callsign was very unpopular with our pilots and controllers alike. It was very difficult to pick up from a foreign controller when English was not the mother tongue. We were being mixed up with other group airlines callsigns and safety was a major concern. The crews bombarded the company with Air safety Reports over the issue. The problem was from the controllers end that the trigraph on the controllers screen remained TOM. So,a controller saw TOM123, on the radar screen ,but needed to say TUIAIR 123. Now, the controller will still see TOM 123 on his/ her screen but will now verbalise TOMJET 123.
It was introduced at very short notice due to an administrative error. Was planned for 1st November.

azz767
20th Aug 2018, 13:34
G-OBYK is operating from MAN today swapping with YG. Does anybody know the reason for the constant swapping? Firstly having experienced a Nordic based frame operating a UK flight, the IFE was in Scandinavian only (not the biggest deal but still not ideal), half the magazines and safety cards were in Scandinavian languages and half were missing. G-OBYK as far as I know is the only TUI frame still in the old livery and still has Nordic titles.

It looks like YF and YG are set up for UK ops and YH and YK or Nordic ops but as I say there has been constant swapping across the summer. I just don't see why they don't either standardise everything or have both languages on board that they can change to suit where that particular frame is based.

Richard Taylor
20th Aug 2018, 16:50
No especially after they had "Windsor" inflicted on them when BY operated ex Germany- was that the 80s or 90s.

Oh I don't know.... House of Windsor has pretty close connections to Germany... :O

DanAir89
8th Sep 2018, 16:41
fly on Tui every couple of years and have a random question re the route map displays on the 737’s. This year we were delayed for an hour on the ground. Crew really friendly and used the time to let the kids visit the cockpit (I probably enjoyed it more though!) and gave out things to keep them entertained. Thought this was a great touch and differentiated the airline from others.
Once under way pilot gave lots of details about the journey but I was really disappointed that the route maps were not used to support this. for the next few hours my kids asked where we were and when we’d get there so I asked the crew if they still used the displays that I’d seen before to answer their questions. They said they did and would put it on - admittedly it was a busy flight and they never got around to it but my question is when do they use it - is it by request ir just if they can be bothered. Used to fly BA domestic and the route maps came on shortly after takeoff every time but TUI seem to have bought this useful tool but don’t want to use it!

Cazza_fly
8th Sep 2018, 22:55
fly on Tui every couple of years and have a random question re the route map displays on the 737’s. This year we were delayed for an hour on the ground. Crew really friendly and used the time to let the kids visit the cockpit (I probably enjoyed it more though!) and gave out things to keep them entertained. Thought this was a great touch and differentiated the airline from others.
Once under way pilot gave lots of details about the journey but I was really disappointed that the route maps were not used to support this. for the next few hours my kids asked where we were and when we’d get there so I asked the crew if they still used the displays that I’d seen before to answer their questions. They said they did and would put it on - admittedly it was a busy flight and they never got around to it but my question is when do they use it - is it by request ir just if they can be bothered. Used to fly BA domestic and the route maps came on shortly after takeoff every time but TUI seem to have bought this useful tool but don’t want to use it!

Not all aircraft are still fitted with the system. The ones that are (sky interior 737s), will have their screens deployed, usually once in the cruise. It's not a case of "not wanting to use it". Sometimes it may not connect or the screens may simply not be working. Of course if the safety demo had been shown via the screens, its unlikely that that would have been the case. As you mentioned, the crew were probably just very busy and again forgot to set it up.

As an aside, the system on BA shorthaul Airbus aircraft is being removed as each one goes through their densification program. This is to standardise with the NEO fleet and to reduce fuel burn and maintenance costs

LiamNCL
9th Sep 2018, 05:45
G-FDZA & FDZJ set to leave the fleet this winter replaced by 2 Scandi 738s G-TAWX & G-TAWY

MKY661
9th Sep 2018, 09:58
Also (taken from Jethro's site) first 737-8 MAX is due in November, registered G-TUMA.

G-CPEU also looks like it's leaving in December too.

737James
10th Sep 2018, 09:36
I travelled to Larnarca return with Tui in June on the same aircraft in both directions, Outbound the screens were used for both safety demo and during the flight which was good to keep track on the flight and helped pass the time on the long sector.

Inbound the screen was used for safety briefing and then it was turned on so around 30 mins into the flight I asked the CC if they could turn this on but said that they were not allowed to use the screen on the deep night flight so that people could sleep better. I can kind of understand the reasoning behind this as it was a dep LCA 01:30 arr EMA 04:25 flight but for me persoanlly I would have liked to keep track on routing and progress.

Will the 737 Max have the Sky map installed or not ?

GEB74
10th Sep 2018, 10:18

G-CPEU also looks like it's leaving in December too.

I think there's 4 757's due to leave before end of this financial year.
If so, I wonder what these frames future holds?
Is there still a live freighter conversion program, actively looking for suitable frames, or has that ship now sailed?

MKY661
10th Sep 2018, 11:54
I think there's 4 757's due to leave before end of this financial year.

Yeah Jetrho also stating G-CPEV leaves in the Spring and G-OOBG & G-OOBH leave in March.

DanAir89
10th Sep 2018, 18:16
I travelled to Larnarca return with Tui in June on the same aircraft in both directions, Outbound the screens were used for both safety demo and during the flight which was good to keep track on the flight and helped pass the time on the long sector.

Inbound the screen was used for safety briefing and then it was turned on so around 30 mins into the flight I asked the CC if they could turn this on but said that they were not allowed to use the screen on the deep night flight so that people could sleep better. I can kind of understand the reasoning behind this as it was a dep LCA 01:30 arr EMA 04:25 flight but for me persoanlly I would have liked to keep track on routing and progress.

Will the 737 Max have the Sky map installed or not ?
thanks for comments on this. Return journey was at night so that might explain it but perhaps not a deep night flight as arrived back in the U.K. at midnight.

other than that always been sky interior day flights on a variety of 737’s - perhaps from NCl getting the bar open is more important 🍺🍹🍸

pamann
10th Sep 2018, 18:27
Inbound the screen was used for safety briefing and then it was turned on so around 30 mins into the flight I asked the CC if they could turn this on but said that they were not allowed to use the screen on the deep night flight so that people could sleep better.

I’m pretty sure that’s complete nonsense about turning the screens off at night. Sounds to me like a crew members preference.
If that was the case they’d switch the IFE off on night flights on the 787. Something that they certainly don’t do when you’re flying back eastbound across the Atlantic.

Maybe the simple answer is that the moving map just wasn’t ‘playing game’ on your particular flight. IFE technology isn’t always that reliable.

737James
11th Sep 2018, 10:28
Pamann- I think it may be something on this particular flight LCA-EMA as parents travelled back a week later on different aircraft WF and same happened screens used for briefing and then crew would not turn them on.

It was good for the people that wanted to sleep as we were airborne at 01:38 and bar service was all completed by 02:00 lights out for four hours and not put back on until 10mins before landing. By having the lights out totally I did get some amazing views of Eastern and central europe

CentreFix25
11th Sep 2018, 10:37
I don't think its an aircraft or route issue, more likely software, policy or workload.

My summer holidays were out and back on different NCL based 738s; maps worked fine on the ground as did the safety video, however once airborne the screens were lowered but showed nothing.

rog747
11th Sep 2018, 12:13
I used to like and keep the Captain's inflight map/position report/bulletin that was on a sheet of paper and was passed down the cabin for all passengers to read and hand on to the next one.

I have a couple of Britannia Airways Britannia one's in my possession plus British Eagle Britannia, and Dan Air Comet & 727.

DanAir89
11th Sep 2018, 12:56
I used to like and keep the Captain's inflight map/position report/bulletin that was on a sheet of paper and was passed down the cabin for all passengers to read and hand on to the next one.

I have a couple of Britannia Airways Britannia one's in my possession plus British Eagle Britannia, and Dan Air Comet & 727.

i remember the map being passed around the cabin on a dan air 737 in 1986 and then in 1987 being amazed that Britannia 737’s had these little machines fixed to the cabin roof showing height, speed and flight time.

even the route map in the Tui magazine has been shrunk so much that I couldn’t even point out to the kids the large Greek island that we were flying to!

I can’t help thinking though when flying Tui it’s so sad that the two best holiday airlines (by and amm) have been condensed into a copy of Jet2. Some may say had to be done to cut costs etc to compete but Tui and even jet2 holidays aren’t cheap and their profit figures are quite impressive so a moving map (or decent printed map) is a nice little extra!

daz211
18th Sep 2018, 21:39
Can anyone help me, I have a friend about to book with TUI from MAN-ACE
19th March - 26 March flight 2250/51.
They asked me to find the aircraft type as during the booking process it is not shown.
I have looked on the likes of skyscanner etc, all other airlines list the aircraft type but not TUI.

Thanks in advance for any info.

ROC10
20th Sep 2018, 17:58
Anyone know what’s happening with BY1386/7 EDI-LCA-EDI. Was meant to operate yesterday but cancelled (presumably due to weather and the fact that the aircraft diverted to NCL on the earlier PUY-EDI). The aircraft did position back up to EDI fairly soon after though so crew may have been out of hours? Is this flight going to happen at all this week?

CabinCrewe
20th Sep 2018, 18:42
I would doubt it. They dont often reschedule a formally cancelled flight to later that week, the logistics would be a nightmare.
Cancel, rebook, alternatives or refund.

ChilliP
20th Sep 2018, 21:31
They asked me to find the aircraft type as during the booking process it is not shown.
I have looked on the likes of skyscanner etc, all other airlines list the aircraft type but not TUI.

Daz,
According to flightmapper.net, this is currently operated by a 738 aircraft. This schedule may be altered given we are still 6 months away.

ROC10
20th Sep 2018, 21:42
I would doubt it. They dont often reschedule a formally cancelled flight to later that week, the logistics would be a nightmare.
Cancel, rebook, alternatives or refund.

G-OOBG is now on its way, over 24 hours late. Will probably end up sitting there over night.

daz211
20th Sep 2018, 22:36
Daz,
According to flightmapper.net, this is currently operated by a 738 aircraft. This schedule may be altered given we are still 6 months away.
Thank you Chillip and welcome to the forum.

TSR2
21st Sep 2018, 02:49
TUI have also used a B787-9 this year on the MAN-ACE route.

ImPlaneCrazy
26th Sep 2018, 09:58

Both legs scheduled as a 757-200, but as others have said it's always subject to change.

Sharklet_321
27th Sep 2018, 09:08
Rmours abounding about a second aircraft is earmarked for the BOH base. Some saying it could be a 787. Any weight to this rumour?

MARKEYD
27th Sep 2018, 09:35
TUI have slowly built up the BOH base with next summer seeing at least 3 extra flights using 3rd party carriers and a W pattern from Cardiff

I think its always been on the cards for a while that a 2nd aircraft 737 800 possibly could do a small amount of extra work in the summer and share it with Cardiff or Bristol

Regarding the 787 I doubt it , Bournemouth does incredibly well with its fly cruises to Barbados with P&O and Hays travel and regularly go out full , but they have a good year or so sell those seats . This year there are about 5 flights over the season

Who knows , would be great to be proved wrong !!

MerchantVenturer
27th Sep 2018, 20:23
TUI have slowly built up the BOH base with next summer seeing at least 3 extra flights using 3rd party carriers and a W pattern from Cardiff

I think its always been on the cards for a while that a 2nd aircraft 737 800 possibly could do a small amount of extra work in the summer and share it with Cardiff or Bristol

Regarding the 787 I doubt it , Bournemouth does incredibly well with its fly cruises to Barbados with P&O and Hays travel and regularly go out full , but they have a good year or so sell those seats . This year there are about 5 flights over the season

Who knows , would be great to be proved wrong !!
There might be some moving around next summer. Reports suggest that BRS will lose its two 757s next summer as the type is gradually retired from the fleet, with two 738s as replacements which would leave it with four 738s (in addition, the part 'based' 788 will be at the airport five days each week next summer with six rotations two of which will be short haul). That would leave BRS down on seat availability so there might be some mileage in the suggestion that a further 738 might be used around BOH, BRS and possibly CWL, although the latter is expanding next summer anyway with a third based 738.

shamrock7seal
28th Sep 2018, 07:25
Can anyone confirm if CFU-BOH-CFU next summer is operated by a 757?

PDXCWL45
28th Sep 2018, 09:46
Can anyone confirm if CFU-BOH-CFU next summer is operated by a 757?
It's operated by a Cardiff based 737.

sixchannel
29th Sep 2018, 11:57
As at 12.55, BY6601 G-FDZR PMI - EXT is on Finals back to PMI after a swift 180 at Spanish coast.

mark1484
5th Oct 2018, 05:56
Positioned in to St Athan on Monday.
Is this off lease or for maintenance?
That leaves YH as the only MAN based B767 i think as the other two are still flying the Scandinavian routes.

MUFC_fan
5th Oct 2018, 15:08
Positioned in to St Athan on Monday.
Is this off lease or for maintenance?
That leaves YH as the only MAN based B767 i think as the other two are still flying the Scandinavian routes.

Probably to configure it for winter.

sixchannel
5th Oct 2018, 15:12
Probably to configure it for winter.
Hows that? Snow shoes and external skis rack? :8

Fly757X
5th Oct 2018, 18:04

To go to Scandinavia.

mark1484
5th Oct 2018, 18:49
It’s returned back to MAN

sixchannel
5th Oct 2018, 18:59
It’s returned back to MAN
Gosh! Its not snowing there already?!

Cazza_fly
5th Oct 2018, 19:49

They fit it out with a premium cabin/seats for the predominately long haul flights it operates over the winter.

mark1484
7th Oct 2018, 07:21
They fit it out with a premium cabin/seats for the predominately long haul flights it operates over the winter.

It returned still in full economy so possibly there for some kind of other maintenance.
Regards

SWBKCB
7th Oct 2018, 11:20
Cardiff Aviation seeks investment to turn around MRO business (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/cardiff-aviation-seeks-investment-to-turn-around-mro-452172/)

A five-year contract with tour operator TUI to service Boeing 737s, 757s and 767s was the first under a new strategy of targeting larger, more lucrative airline support agreements.

dmouse88
16th Oct 2018, 14:19
Any body know what TUI UK a/c are operating in Scandiavia this winter and routes. I see flight mapper are not showing any 2019 flights, any guesses or has Thomson been changed in flight mapper to different category.

oldbalboy
16th Oct 2018, 17:34
All 4 767 & 3-4 788/9

zoomboy
28th Oct 2018, 16:02
Saltburg Closure
I have seen a report that Saltburg is shut for much of May whilst the runway is rebuilt, and I've booked a family party of nine through the airport on TUI on 25 may returning a week later. Any idea please of what is intended for TUI services during the closure?

Rutan16
28th Oct 2018, 16:12
ZOOMBOY Hazzard a guess - Munich or Linz and 2 to 3 hours on a coach

zoomboy
28th Oct 2018, 16:40
Many thanks for quick reply. I can see your logic but as we are going to Zell am See and many package holiday makers will be going south and east of Salzburg, I'm crossing my fingers for Innsbruck, if only to took up at the nearby mountains when still many miles from touchdown.

FR8364
29th Oct 2018, 18:23
Is TUI withdrawing LPL-IBZ route for Summer 2019? It was flown on Mondays as LBA-IBZ-LPL-IBZ-LBA.

MAN-IBZ also sees 1 weekly flight less (the Thursday night rotation with the B787).
And I am not completely sure but I think GLA-IBZ also see a decrease of 1 weekly flight for Summer Season 2019 (the Mondays' one, maybe?)

sixchannel
29th Oct 2018, 18:38
Is TUI withdrawing LPL-IBZ route for Summer 2019? It was flown on Mondays as LBA-IBZ-LPL-IBZ-LBA.

MAN-IBZ also sees 1 weekly flight less (the Thursday night rotation with the B787).
And I am not completely sure but I think GLA-IBZ also see a decrease of 1 weekly flight for Summer Season 2019 (the Mondays' one, maybe?)
Just wondering if its due to Ibiza Gov belatedly trying to clean its image up and the hardened drinkers and Party Partyers now looking for somwhere else to blight.
Shame though, they screwed it for everyone else who just wanted a nice holiday and Ibiza DOES have some beautiful, less in-your-face resorts. They, like us, went 'elsewhere' and never returned.

ROC10
31st Oct 2018, 16:48
The first 757, G-CPEU has been wfu.

738 G-FDZA was also wfu at the beginning of October, with G-FDZJ due to follow soon, making way for G-TAWX and WY as well as the MAXs.

On a side note, I find it a bit strange that some TOM aircaft have already gone to Canada whilst a few Sunwing aircraft are still operating here for TOM.

Winter schedule starts tomorrow I believe, there have certainly been some interesting movements over the last week or so as always at the beginning/end of a season.

sparkie320
1st Nov 2018, 13:42
The first 757, G-CPEU has been wfu.

738 G-FDZA was also wfu at the beginning of October, with G-FDZJ due to follow soon, making way for G-TAWX and WY as well as the MAXs.

On a side note, I find it a bit strange that some TOM aircaft have already gone to Canada whilst a few Sunwing aircraft are still operating here for TOM.

Winter schedule starts tomorrow I believe, there have certainly been some interesting movements over the last week or so as always at the beginning/end of a season.

The Sunwing summer contract ends 2nd November so those been operating in the Uk will shortly be going home
C-FFPH left on the 30th Oct
C-GNCH C-FEAK C-FWGH heading home today
all due back next year maybe C-FEAK might make Norwich as its the only one not been here was told not allowed in sure someone might shed light on that
Norwich winter TUI flights start today twice weekly Tenerife using 737s
TUI plan to send over
G-FDZB 3rd Dec
G-FDZD 25th Oct
G-FDZF 10th Dec
G-FDZG 9th Dec
G-TAWH 15th Oct
G-TAWK 3rd Dec
G-TAWL
G-TAWS 7th Dec
G-TAWU
Hope that of use
Mark

MDS
1st Nov 2018, 13:58
Does anyone know why TUI are operating a 787 on an evening rotation of AGP-DSA on Thursday 8th November? It appears to be a one-off and I can't find any information whatsoever as to the pattern, or where it's going afterwards.

It's strange as it's separate to the normal scheduled 737 flight earlier that same day.

Flight number is TOM7483 and I've booked a seat because hell, why not.

Vokes55
1st Nov 2018, 15:02
Around this time of year they usually send the cruise ships from Europe to the Caribbean, so it's most likely a cruise charter for one or two of these "positioning" cruises. They'll embark in Malaga and probably disembark in Barbados. These yearly relocations are surprisingly popular, I couldn't think of anything worse than crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship.

ROC10
1st Nov 2018, 19:08
The Sunwing summer contract ends 2nd November so those been operating in the Uk will shortly be going home
C-FFPH left on the 30th Oct
C-GNCH C-FEAK C-FWGH heading home today
all due back next year maybe C-FEAK might make Norwich as its the only one not been here was told not allowed in sure someone might shed light on that
Norwich winter TUI flights start today twice weekly Tenerife using 737s
TUI plan to send over
G-FDZB 3rd Dec
G-FDZD 25th Oct
G-FDZF 10th Dec
G-FDZG 9th Dec
G-TAWH 15th Oct
G-TAWK 3rd Dec
G-TAWL
G-TAWS 7th Dec
G-TAWU
Hope that of use
Mark

Yeah they’re all gone now. I’ve always found it a bit strange that they send so many of the youngest 737s over there. On that note, G-FDZJ flew BHX-AUH today so presumably is now wfu.

I saw that the NWI-TFS flew today. How are these being operated this year. I know that in the past there has been a based 737 at TFS during the winter operating flights to the likes of ABZ/NWI/LBA/HUY etc. Will there be such a base this year?

P330
1st Nov 2018, 19:18
Is there any logic to which 737s head over to Canada or is it random?

Does anyone know the retirement plan for the early 738s in preparation for the impending MAX arrival?

ROC10
1st Nov 2018, 20:14
Is there any logic to which 737s head over to Canada or is it random?

Does anyone know the retirement plan for the early 738s in preparation for the impending MAX arrival?

The two oldest 738s (11 years) have been wfu but as far as I am aware these are being swapped with another TUI airline, meaning TOM will receive two newer 738s in their place (we have seen this happen before with TAWP and TAWR being swapped for TAWV and TAWW - that seemed a bit pointless to me). I don’t think there are any real plans for retirement right now, the aircraft are not old. The MAXs will replace the 757s over the next few years before replacing 738s.

Plane.Silly
2nd Nov 2018, 08:03
TUI to launch flights from LGW to Los Cabos on the Baja California in Mexico. sounds like 2pw given you can do 7/10/11/14n's

Also noted is the Summer 2020 programme due to go on sale on Nov 8th, 4 Months earlier than usual.

Link (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/315382/tui-to-launch-first-direct-flight-to-mexican-resort-los-cabos)

dmouse88
2nd Nov 2018, 13:27
Can anyone let me know the new link for TUI uk flights as flightmapper only showing Thomson up to Dec 2018. I know most dep a/f's and destinations but cannot find flight numbers and timings. Thanks for any help.

sixchannel
2nd Nov 2018, 15:47
Also noted is the Summer 2020 programme due to go on sale on Nov 8th, 4 Months earlier than usual.

Link (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/315382/tui-to-launch-first-direct-flight-to-mexican-resort-los-cabos)

Wont it all be a bit pointless in the event of a No Deal Brexit if TUI et al can't actually fly to them?
Or do they know summat we don't?
2020 could be the Year of The Staycation.

Cazza_fly
2nd Nov 2018, 16:45
Wont it all be a bit pointless in the event of a No Deal Brexit if TUI et al can't actually fly to them?

They know just how scaremongering / negative the media are being and know, as do many others, of a more realistic reality luckily.

sixchannel
2nd Nov 2018, 16:53
They know just how scaremongering / negative the media are being and know, as do many others, of a more realistic reality luckily.
"Luckily" ≠ 'hopefully'?? What kind of basis for decision making is that?

chaps1954
3rd Nov 2018, 08:01
Do you honestly think that no deal on avaition is a reality? no good for anybody

sixchannel
3rd Nov 2018, 09:40
Do you honestly think that no deal on avaition is a reality? no good for anybody

No I dont actually but i do wish a bit of common sense would prevail.
IF it did happen , EU will be well aware that these things work both ways. So in the end an "arrangement" will be agreed.
I just wish both sides would grow up and stop all this Brinkmanship - or should that be Brinkpersonship in this modern androgenous world.

Rutan16
3rd Nov 2018, 10:55
TUI UK WILL continue to fly outside of the EU whether deal or no including to the Caribbean Mexico and US .

They WILL continue to fly from the UK to the EU as well however their ownership structure may need modifying .

Its highly likely in the event of no deal and aircraft certification problems; This is a Genuine risk we will will see some migration of aircraft registrations to Germany Scandinavia and or Belgium to over come issues in the short term.

TUI Group have options here.

As an airline within tour group operating charters is far less of a problem for TUI than many.

ATNotts
3rd Nov 2018, 13:44

You're wrong. Nobody, least of all the airlines, have any idea what's going to happen. It could all end very badly, hopefully it won't, but to dismiss everything as scaremongering is disingenuous.

DanAir89
4th Nov 2018, 06:40

interesting article in the times yesterday that c5million people will stay at home next year rather than go abroad in the event of a hard Brexit. amongst other things a plunging exchange rate will make it difficult for
Brit’s to afford it.

on the other hand the Thomas cook share price “surged” on Friday on the hope of a soft Brexit.

as usually loads of contradiction about what will actually happen!

sixchannel
4th Nov 2018, 09:51
Oh for H.G.Well's Time Machine to pop forward to 30th March 2019 and see whats actually happening.
We are on holiday in May, no matter what happens, but we have put all thoughts of fly away holidays for later in the year on hold.
If its 'business as usual' on April 1st (good day for it) there'll be a massive internet stampede to get holidays booked.
If its a mess, then Llandudno is going to be busy in 2019. 😀

sparkie320
5th Nov 2018, 11:37
Are TUI having a Tenerife based crew this winter
notice that the NWI-TFS is now only once a week on a Thursday
what base will operate the once a week flight

Mark

PDXCWL45
5th Nov 2018, 11:57
Are TUI having a Tenerife based crew this winter
notice that the NWI-TFS is now only once a week on a Thursday
what base will operate the once a week flight

Mark
It's possible that Norwegian could operate it of its a TFS based aircraft.

NickBarnes
5th Nov 2018, 12:15
Flight originates from Norwich goes out at 10 something in the morning then returns to Norwich at 8 in the evening I believe

sparkie320
5th Nov 2018, 12:21
Flight originates from Norwich goes out at 10 something in the morning then returns to Norwich at 8 in the evening I believe

Last week the 737 came in from Stansted did the NWI-TFS-NWI run then went off to Birmingham
before they used a TFS based 737 just wondered what plan this year is
as seems lot of empty movement flights

mark

NickBarnes
5th Nov 2018, 12:24
Ah then I presume that's what they have planned to fly the aircraft in from Stansted, but agree that's a lots of empty flights for it this winter even if it is a short hop from Stansted

ROC10
5th Nov 2018, 16:44
I doubt it will come from STN every week, it just so happened that they had their second summer aircraft which was due to leave STN anyway. I’d imagaine it will come from MAN/BHX/LGW in future unless the TFS base is opening soon. I asked the same question on here recently but it would appear there is no TFS base this year.

The ABZ flight on Sunday was operated by G-FDZR which positioned up from EDI on Saturday and is still there now whilst G-TAWL (coincidentally the one that operated STN-NWI-TFS-NWI-BHX) has positioned up from BHX to EDI for tomorrow’s TFS flight.

I’m not sure if LBA, HUY or any others will be served this year.

sixchannel
6th Nov 2018, 09:44
Currently, BY4226 LGW - TFS G-TAWB circling and descending over western Portugal having declared a 'general emergency' (FR24).
Headed for Lisbon.
update - landed c10.53 uk time and now parked on the south side concrete hardstandings.

rog747
6th Nov 2018, 09:58
Currently, BY4226 LGW - TFS G-TAWB circling and descending over western Portugal having declared a 'general emergency' (FR24).
Headed for Lisbon.

medical emergency or some boozed up slags/pikeys kicking off again?

Smudge's Lot
7th Nov 2018, 14:54
Fleet plans:
757 Plans
Sum18 14
Win18/19 13
Sum19 10
Win19/20 9
Sum20 5
Win20/21 3
Sum 21 3
Win21/22 0

767 Plans
Sum18 4
Win18/19 4
Sum 19 4
Win19/20 4
Sum20 4
Win20/21 4
Sum 21 4
Win21/22 3
Sum22 2
Win 22/23 2
Sum 23 2
Win 23/24 1
Sum24 0
757s will concentrate in BHX/MAN/LGW and LTN for maintenance ease. So all 757s gone by Winter 2021.
Winter 18/19 2 767s will operate Mid Haul/Long Haul from the Nordic region, from Summer 19, the 767s will operate short haul/mid haul only though may end up operating long haul to support the Dubai cruise ships.

2 more 787-9s arrive in autumn 2019 (TUIN/TUIO)
Summer 19 will see all UK 787s based in the UK with 1 standby aircraft, 2 on shorthaul 1 on Mixed SH/LH and 8 UK longhaul operations The two additional -9s bring the UK fleet to 14 airplanes with a further expanded winter 2019 longhaul operation.

The Dutch and Belgian 787s remain with their airlines.
737-MAX start to arrive next month, and will start to replace the 757s, particularly BRS and GLA by summer 19

PDXCWL45
7th Nov 2018, 15:25
So Bristol won't have any 757s for Summer 2019?

ROC10
7th Nov 2018, 16:52
Will GLA or BRS have any 757s next summer? If not, does anyone know what aircraft these bases will have?

When you say all 787s will be based in the UK, does that mean that 787s currently in other TUI airlines will transfer to TOM?

awwdabaaby
7th Nov 2018, 17:59
Glasgow will not have a 757 next year, will have 2 738s

sparkie320
8th Nov 2018, 03:54
I doubt it will come from STN every week, it just so happened that they had their second summer aircraft which was due to leave STN anyway. I’d imagaine it will come from MAN/BHX/LGW in future unless the TFS base is opening soon. I asked the same question on here recently but it would appear there is no TFS base this year.

The ABZ flight on Sunday was operated by G-FDZR which positioned up from EDI on Saturday and is still there now whilst G-TAWL (coincidentally the one that operated STN-NWI-TFS-NWI-BHX) has positioned up from BHX to EDI for tomorrow’s TFS flight.

I’m not sure if LBA, HUY or any others will be served this year.
G-FDZR positioned in to NWI from ABZ tonight
so who knows the plan for winter 2018/19

mark

ROC10
8th Nov 2018, 18:54
G-FDZR positioned in to NWI from ABZ tonight
so who knows the plan for winter 2018/19

mark

It is scheduled to go to BHX again after the NWI flight. Perhaps there will be a "floating" aircraft that will serve ABZ and NWI flights. ABZ are two weekly to TFS (Sun and Wed), the aircraft simply sat idle at ABZ on Monday and Tuesday this week but I guess that's better than positioning flights if there are no revenue flights for it to operate.

OltonPete
8th Nov 2018, 19:25
[QUOTE=ROC10;10305660]It is scheduled to go to BHX again after the NWI flight. Perhaps there will be a "floating" aircraft that will serve ABZ and NWI flights. ABZ are two weekly to TFS (Sun and Wed), the aircraft simply sat idle at ABZ on Monday and Tuesday this week but I guess that's better than positioning flights if there are no revenue flights for it to operate.[/Q

I doubt it would have anything to do at BHX normally except the airport decided to continue to close in November on Friday evenings at 23.10 (in the past in was Monday - Thursday) and TUI had to retime the Marrakech from a 15.55 departure and thus arrival back at BHX after 23.10. Originally the Enfidha aircraft was due to turnaround and operate this flight but now 5 short-haul (2 long-haul) required on a Friday. BHX's decision on closure times in November came well after TUI posted the original schedule.

Unusual BHX long-haul schedule for 2020 with the extra Sanford making 8 flights in total thus only one day where 2 x 787's required - could it be a case that it might do some short-haul ex BHX?

Pete

LBIA
12th Nov 2018, 11:13
With DSA getting a 3rd based short haul Boeing
737-800 aircraft for summer 2019 it looks like TUi are axing the LBA summer based aircraft operation. For the past two years this has being operated by Sunwing
Routes from LBA to DLM, AYT, BOJ, PFO, DBV, MAH & IBZ have all being dropped.

PMI remains operated 2x weekly along with 1x weekly services to RHO, CFU and VRN.

shamrock7seal
13th Nov 2018, 00:58
There are only so many people in the LBA catchment going on holiday and I think Jet2 is soaking up the demand hence the more sensible decision to build at DSA. To be honest I think DSA may end up being the better airport in the longer run with very good transport links and proposals for far superior infrastructure on the horizon. What is LBA doing in this regard? It's still only connected by a tiny and dangerous country lane!

Plane.Silly
13th Nov 2018, 07:21
There are only so many people in the LBA catchment going on holiday and I think Jet2 is soaking up the demand hence the more sensible decision to build at DSA. To be honest I think DSA may end up being the better airport in the longer run with very good transport links and proposals for far superior infrastructure on the horizon. What is LBA doing in this regard? It's still only connected by a tiny and dangerous country lane!

It certainly does look like the sensible option. With Jet2 having upto 15 based a/c, compared to TUI's 1, it was inevitable that TUI would be pushed out. And i agree the longer term prospects at DSA would help TUI grow. especially with long haul (recent additon of Cancun is testament to that)

sixchannel
13th Nov 2018, 08:25
Actually LBA is right on the A658 but I take your point.
Not to Shanghai the TUI thread but its always amazed me how Jet2 have retained allegiance to LBA even as they've 'growed like Topsy' to the size they are now - and still growing. LBA does have poor road access for sure, a 'difficult' approach and and a shortish, essentially constantly crosswind runway etc etc. One wonders why they stick with it when just down the road, and available to the same passenger catchment area is DSA ex-RAF Finningley, on the M11 and with an in to wind runway as long as the M1. 😀 They must have a good deal.

SWBKCB
13th Nov 2018, 10:41
and available to the same passenger catchment area is DSA ex-RAF Finningley

or this bit is wrong?

rpmac
13th Nov 2018, 11:50
I think most in the LBA catchment area would consider Manchester their next airport of choice and not DSA. There may be some TUI loyalists who may go to DSA but I would expect only a few and even then many will be won over to Jet2 Holidays camp. After all this has been going on for years, Thomson, as it was, had 1 aircraft at LBA and Jet2 none.. Now TUI's remaining 1 aircraft is about to go/has gone and Jet2 have over 15 - this must say something! Monarch made a reasonable go at LBA until they ceased business so I would fully expect another operator to start up at LBA. It is huge catchment area, Leeds alone has a population of 750,000, plus cities like Bradford, Huddersfield, etc. Additionally LBA is about to expand its terminal, a new access road is planned and a Park and Ride and station with a 10 minute journey into Leeds is all planned for the next few years. TUI may well rue the day they finally left LBA!

Plane.Silly
13th Nov 2018, 12:56
Additionally LBA is about to expand its terminal, a new access road is planned and a Park and Ride and station with a 10 minute journey into Leeds is all planned for the next few years. TUI may well rue the day they finally left LBA!

Maybe TUI were expecting this to happen much sooner. I'm pretty sure everyone wanted the park and ride to be fully operational by now, but just as comical as the 3rd LHR runway, it's paper pushing at its finest. I don't blame TUI for saying enough is enough and moving elsewhere.

crackling jet
13th Nov 2018, 13:02
Maybe TUI were expecting this to happen much sooner. I'm pretty sure everyone wanted the park and ride to be fully operational by now, but just as comical as the 3rd LHR runway, it's paper pushing at its finest. I don't blame TUI for saying enough is enough and moving elsewhere.

No body did answer before, What is supposed to be based at Bristol for summer 19 ?, I know there is an additional 2nd Cancun operating.

sparkie320
14th Nov 2018, 15:44
With DSA getting a 3rd based short haul Boeing
737-800 aircraft for summer 2019 it looks like TUi are axing the LBA summer based aircraft operation. For the past two years this has being operated by Sunwing
Routes from LBA to DLM, AYT, BOJ, PFO, DBV, MAH & IBZ have all being dropped.

PMI remains operated 2x weekly along with 1x weekly services to RHO, CFU and VRN.

If Leeds is loosing it's based Sunwing 737 for Summer 2019 and shame to see couple of qustions
Sunwings use Monarch engineering at Leeds hence them changing during the season, and i know when they come over drop spares at Leeds
Brakes for one for Norwich lol
what happens here if this is the case
also will 4 be needed

I dont think Humberside was operated this year unlike before

Mark

OltonPete
14th Nov 2018, 19:03
No body did answer before, What is supposed to be based at Bristol for summer 19 ?, I know there is an additional 2nd Cancun operating.

I think from post 358 it is assumed that Bristol will be all 738 or even the MAX but I don't think that is final confirmation but the posts re Glasgow losing the 757 seem to come from more than one source. It is quite frustrating as TUI is quite difficult to get advance information on without help from insiders, as dummy bookings don't work to get the seat map without going deep into the booking and other booking sites don't show the aircraft type.

The best information so far re Bristol is the quote in post 358 "737-MAX start to arrive next month, and will start to replace the 757s, particularly BRS and GLA by summer 19"

The 788 is still showing of course on BRS-SID and BRS-DBV as well as the two Cancun and one Sanford flight.

Pete

737James
15th Nov 2018, 12:29
I thought that the Maxs were going to LGW,MAN and BHX first in summer 19 as they more crewed trained up on them than GLA and BRS

Mooncrest
15th Nov 2018, 12:58
If any spare TUI/Thomson/Britannia aircraft should emerge from the melee that is the introduction of the MAX, please dispatch to LBA forthwith. Anything - Britannia, 707, 732...

chaps1954
15th Nov 2018, 13:20
As far as I am aware MAX are Manchester based until at least May next year but will operate to DSA and NCL a couple of times a week

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Nov 2018, 04:31
The first Max is due into BRU either today or tomorrow.:ok:

ROC10
17th Nov 2018, 18:39
G-TUMA delivered today although I have some questions.

Why was it delivered to BRU?

Does anyone know why it is named “Kittila”? And are they planning on naming all of them?

pabely
17th Nov 2018, 18:53

TUI Fly Belguim have been been using the Max all year so have the most experiance within the TUI Group to get the Manchester team up to speed.

sixchannel
17th Nov 2018, 20:55

Probably collecting sprouts ready for Christmas. ;-)

shamrock7seal
18th Nov 2018, 03:12
Is any expansion planned for BOH in S20? I note that Exeter has already announced a new winter 19/20 route and DSA has announced a new S20 route already but nothing apparently for BOH yet rumour abounds about additional aircraft in S20 including potential long-haul services.

xanda_man
21st Nov 2018, 09:42
Does anyone know who has picked up FDZA? I searched the thread but didn't see a mention other than it was WFU. I see it went to AUH on 1st Oct has since done a 2hr test flight whilst being there and is now on it's way to SNN.

Same fate for ZJ?

Cheers!

boeing_eng
21st Nov 2018, 12:09
G- FDZA was noted in Jeju Air cols last week at AUH

ROC10
21st Nov 2018, 15:51
G-BYAW flew to SNN on the 11th November and hasn’t flown since, anyone know why?

Also, does anyone know what happened yesterday with the 757s and TFS flights? Last Tuesday, G-BYAY flew MAN-TFS-GLA and G-OOBN flew GLA-TFS-MAN despite these flights being a few hours apart meaning the inbound TFS-GLA had left before the outbound GLA-TFS even arrived.

Yesterday, G-BYAY flew GLA-ALC-GLA but then didn’t go to TFS as scheduled. G-OOBN flew MAN-TFS-BRS and G-OOBA flew BRS-TFS-GLA-MAN (seems just to be a regular swap since the MAN aircraft seems to return to GLA and vice versa and it must’ve just gone to MAN since BYAY was sitting at GLA anyway). G-OOBF flew BRS-GLA-MAN-TFS-MAN. Presumably this was supposed to be the outbound GLA (albeit significantly late) but seemed to stop at MAN on the way out (crew change maybe?) and then the inbound MAN (again very late).

The only explanation I could think of for last week was that GLA may be closing earlier (or having runway works or something)? But doesn’t explain the apparent disaster that was yesterday. I guess BYAY must’ve gone tech but it’s a very confusing situation nonetheless.

xanda_man
22nd Nov 2018, 08:05
G- FDZA was noted in Jeju Air cols last week at AUH
Thank you

filler

ImPlaneCrazy
22nd Nov 2018, 09:29
G-BYAW flew to SNN on the 11th November and hasn’t flown since, anyone know why?

Also, does anyone know what happened yesterday with the 757s and TFS flights? Last Tuesday, G-BYAY flew MAN-TFS-GLA and G-OOBN flew GLA-TFS-MAN despite these flights being a few hours apart meaning the inbound TFS-GLA had left before the outbound GLA-TFS even arrived.

Yesterday, G-BYAY flew GLA-ALC-GLA but then didn’t go to TFS as scheduled. G-OOBN flew MAN-TFS-BRS and G-OOBA flew BRS-TFS-GLA-MAN (seems just to be a regular swap since the MAN aircraft seems to return to GLA and vice versa and it must’ve just gone to MAN since BYAY was sitting at GLA anyway). G-OOBF flew BRS-GLA-MAN-TFS-MAN. Presumably this was supposed to be the outbound GLA (albeit significantly late) but seemed to stop at MAN on the way out (crew change maybe?) and then the inbound MAN (again very late).

The only explanation I could think of for last week was that GLA may be closing earlier (or having runway works or something)? But doesn’t explain the apparent disaster that was yesterday. I guess BYAY must’ve gone tech but it’s a very confusing situation nonetheless.

G-BYAY was tech in GLA. G-OOBF was spare in BRS so positioned to GLA to operate theTFS, stopping in MAN for a full crew change on the way.

ROC10
29th Nov 2018, 23:03
G-TUMA delivered today, flying BRU-MAN and MAN-MAN earlier.

Does anyone know why G-TUIB and G-TUIC are currently flying to Muscat from BHX and MAN?

The BHX flight was meant to leave at 10:30 but only left twelve hours later at 22:29 unless it was meant to be scheduled for 10:30pm? The MAN flight left pretty much on time at 23:15.

Looks like MCT were also expecting a flight from LGW at a similar time to the BHX but this doesn’t appear to have materialised.

awwdabaaby
29th Nov 2018, 23:15
Possibly cruise flights

xanda_man
30th Nov 2018, 09:27
Looks like the cruise flights have caused some issues with those delays, there's a 9L A332 (Jet2 logo'd) operating the Friday BHX-CUN rotation today. Unless this was scheduled for other reasons?

Vokes55
30th Nov 2018, 10:48
The cruise ship was late, so the flights were delayed to meet it.

mariofly12
3rd Dec 2018, 20:27
I am trying to find short haul flights to book with TUI for S19 to/from Greece, that are operated with 767 and 787 but the problem is that dummy bookings on their site do not give you beforehand info about the a/c operated..(unless it's op by Norwegian which we know is 737). You have to pay first and then on check-in oyou find out..which is weird because when i tried to book it gave me the option to pre-book a seat but seating plan would not open,it just said pre-seating selected..Is there a way to be able to know what a/c will be operated on certain flights? I dont wanna book for a 767 and get a 738..although i wouldn't complain about a 757..Oh and seat-guru says their 757s seat 235 but Tui site says 221..So which is it?

PDXCWL45
4th Dec 2018, 10:54
I am trying to find short haul flights to book with TUI for S19 to/from Greece, that are operated with 767 and 787 but the problem is that dummy bookings on their site do not give you beforehand info about the a/c operated..(unless it's op by Norwegian which we know is 737). You have to pay first and then on check-in oyou find out..which is weird because when i tried to book it gave me the option to pre-book a seat but seating plan would not open,it just said pre-seating selected..Is there a way to be able to know what a/c will be operated on certain flights? I dont wanna book for a 767 and get a 738..although i wouldn't complain about a 757..Oh and seat-guru says their 757s seat 235 but Tui site says 221..So which is it?
If you look at the flights website any flight by the Dreamliner will be marked as on the Dreamliner.

Vokes55
4th Dec 2018, 11:04
And no flights out of LGW (where I assume you're looking at, given your mention of Norwegian) will be on the 767

Plane.Silly
4th Dec 2018, 12:49
Confirmed that more flights from LBA are to be suspended. Only PMI and CFU remain on top of the cruise flights
Customers offered refunds or transfers to MAN/DSA

oldbalboy
4th Dec 2018, 14:38
757 are 221 seats, 2 have 223

LBIA
4th Dec 2018, 16:25
Confirmed that more flights from LBA are to be suspended. Only PMI and CFU remain on top of the cruise flights
Customers offered refunds or transfers to MAN/DSA

Well its a good job LBA have other operators that cover all of the axed TUi routes already. TUi loss is Jet2 and Ryanair gain.
​​

LiamNCL
5th Dec 2018, 13:59
Anyone any info on G-TUMA in KEF ? Heard a rumour its had a collision of some kind on the ground in Iceland ? Hope not.

ROC10
5th Dec 2018, 14:19
Anyone any info on G-TUMA in KEF ? Heard a rumour its had a collision of some kind on the ground in Iceland ? Hope not.

Something is definitely wrong as it has been there for over five hours now.

G-TUMB is due to be delivered next week but again to BRU. Will this be the case for all new aircraft now or is it only for the first few MAXs?

The future G-TAWY has also been sitting at MAN since the 30th November but needs re-painted, will this be happening at MAN? Future G-TAWX (does not need re-painting, only reg etc.) is still operating in Nordics but due later this month. Am I right in my belief that TUIfly Nordic is all but shutting down completely? https://standbynordic.com/tui-abandons-its-own-nordic-charter-flights/
If so, what will happen to their other remaining aircraft (1x738 and 1x7M8)?

ROC10
5th Dec 2018, 16:26
G-TAWV now on its way MAN-KEF to rescue passengers.

Getaway Turtle
6th Dec 2018, 09:45
G-TUMA due out of KEF at 1130 for St. Athan as TOM9009. To be scrapped ? :p

PDXCWL45
6th Dec 2018, 10:06
G-TUMA due out of KEF at 1130 for St. Athan as TOM9009. To be scrapped ? :p
Going to Cardiff Aviation to be repaired.

ROC10
6th Dec 2018, 10:18
Going to Cardiff Aviation to be repaired.

What happened to it?

PDXCWL45
6th Dec 2018, 10:43
What happened to it?
Damaged by a baggage trolley at Keflavik i believe. Idk where but it can't be too bad if it can get to Dgx

LiamNCL
6th Dec 2018, 16:44
Circled in Wales and then went to MAN

Trev4521
11th Dec 2018, 19:16
Why is TUI cancelling the holidays to Florida and Mexico in 2020?? From EMA

PDXCWL45
11th Dec 2018, 19:33
Why is TUI cancelling the holidays to Florida and Mexico in 2020?? From EMA

They are moving Cancun to DSA and Orlando to BHX where they will be 2 weekly.

ROC10
12th Dec 2018, 13:18
G-TUMB has been delivered to MAN. Also G-TUMA is back to MAN from KEF without incident this week thankfully.

SE-RFX (soon to be G-TAWY) has been operating from MAN under its Swedish reg and in its old Nordic livery. Does anyone know when this will be re-registered/painted?

azz767
12th Dec 2018, 14:49
G-TUMB has been delivered to MAN. Also G-TUMA is back to MAN from KEF without incident this week thankfully.

SE-RFX (soon to be G-TAWY) has been operating from MAN under its Swedish reg and in its old Nordic livery. Does anyone know when this will be re-registered/painted?

Out of interest does anybody know why the Nordic division haven't updated their livery in line with the rest of the TUI group? G-OBYK is still in the old full sky blue livery and flies up in the scandi's all year.

ROC10
12th Dec 2018, 15:19
Out of interest does anybody know why the Nordic division haven't updated their livery in line with the rest of the TUI group? G-OBYK is still in the old full sky blue livery and flies up in the scandi's all year.

As per one of my earlier posts, TUIfly Nordic would appear to be closing down so would be a bit pointless. G-OBYK is actually in the TOM fleet (but has never been based in the UK) which confused me before but this may be the reason why. OBYK is not in a Nordic livery, just a generic plain blue TUI livery. At the moment they only have 1x738 (old Nordic livery) and 1x7M8 (new TUI livery). Two of their ex-738s are joining the TOM fleet, in fact, as I mentioned one is already flying TOM flights from MAN under its current reg and in old livery.

Cloud1
12th Dec 2018, 19:18
As per one of my earlier posts, TUIfly Nordic would appear to be closing down so would be a bit pointless. G-OBYK is actually in the TOM fleet (but has never been based in the UK) which confused me before but this may be the reason why. OBYK is not in a Nordic livery, just a generic plain blue TUI livery. At the moment they only have 1x738 (old Nordic livery) and 1x7M8 (new TUI livery). Two of their ex-738s are joining the TOM fleet, in fact, as I mentioned one is already flying TOM flights from MAN under its current reg and in old livery.

I am not sure I agree with you about them closing down. Does anyone know how many aircraft Novair have? They are SE reg operating similar charter flying

Gurnard
13th Dec 2018, 08:06
I am not sure I agree with you about them closing down. Does anyone know how many aircraft Novair have? They are SE reg operating similar charter flying

Novair operate two A321-251Ns - SE-RKA & RKB.

oldbalboy
13th Dec 2018, 17:10
Nordic are not closing down ROC10, they are just reducing 3 lines of flying from smaller bases as its more cost effective to use the likes of DY, the larger bases are fine & 767's fly summer as well as winter from Sweden.

Jet2_GLA
15th Dec 2018, 23:56
Damaged by a baggage trolley at Keflavik i believe. Idk where but it can't be too bad if it can get to Dgx

it was a Swissport baggage lorry. Not surprised.

caaardiff
16th Dec 2018, 10:16
it was a Swissport baggage lorry. Not surprised.
Interesting and bold statement....
Considering Swissport don't operate in KEF

https://www.isavia.is/en/corporate/business/keflavik-airport/aviation/airport-information/ground-handling

ROC10
8th Jan 2019, 17:50
Anyone know why FDZT flew MAN-SOF today? Is it for major maintenance checks? FDZR has been there since 11 December. I was thinking perhaps the crew that flew FDZT down today may have flown FDZR back to MAN but this doesn’t appear to have happened.

Jet2_GLA
11th Jan 2019, 20:46
Anyone know why FDZT flew MAN-SOF today? Is it for major maintenance checks? FDZR has been there since 11 December. I was thinking perhaps the crew that flew FDZT down today may have flown FDZR back to MAN but this doesn’t appear to have happened.

I don’t know why - but will find out for you. I’m not sure why this is, maybe leaving the fleet as they welcome the Max’s as we seen FDZA & ZJ left late 2018 for the Max’s. But Don’t quote me in that.

Stuart

Jet2_GLA
11th Jan 2019, 20:55
I don’t know why - but will find out for you. I’m not sure why this is, maybe leaving the fleet as they welcome the Max’s as we seen FDZA & ZJ left late 2018 for the Max’s. But Don’t quote me in that.

Stuart
yes G-FDZR is back not too sure what happened to it and what’s happening with ZT at the moment as maintenance checks are in the UK for TUI.

Jet2_GLA
11th Jan 2019, 20:56
Interesting and bold statement....
Considering Swissport don't operate in KEF

https://www.isavia.is/en/corporate/business/keflavik-airport/aviation/airport-information/ground-handling

just seen it there, I was told swissport sorry.

Gurnard
14th Jan 2019, 18:05
BBC Rip-Off Britain
Tomorrow this programme will be covering the story of a family flying from Mahon to Birmingham with TUI last June. On boarding they found the seats for Row 41 had been removed, so for most of the flight they were seated on the floor! TUI initially offered £30 as a goodwill gesture but upped the compensation when faced with media publicity. The "excuse" for there being no Row 41 DEF was there had been an aircraft change. Not surprisingly the CAA is investigating. Can hardly believe this. Anyone know which was the aircraft concerned?

GayFriendly
14th Jan 2019, 18:28
Seated on the floor???!!

I was cabin crew for over 15 years and never faced this issue, seating problems yes but never not enough seats, even when there were aircraft changes.....in any case our SOP's would simply not allow for this to happen! I seriously can't believe TUI allowed it to happen.

I will have to watch this TV show just to satisfy my incredulity.

Cloud1
14th Jan 2019, 18:41
There must be more than meets the eye here and I suspect those involved are pursuing the claim culture that has grown over the years. The airline wouldn’t have let them sit on the floor for the flight - maybe they elected to sit on the floor whilst at cruise for whatever reasons. Tomorrow will be good to watch.

Jet2_GLA
14th Jan 2019, 19:25
BBC Rip-Off Britain
Tomorrow this programme will be covering the story of a family flying from Mahon to Birmingham with TUI last June. On boarding they found the seats for Row 41 had been removed, so for most of the flight they were seated on the floor! TUI initially offered £30 as a goodwill gesture but upped the compensation when faced with media publicity. The "excuse" for there being no Row 41 DEF was there had been an aircraft change. Not surprisingly the CAA is investigating. Can hardly believe this. Anyone know which was the aircraft concerned?

I think it was a Scheduled Boeing 767 changed to a Boeing 757

Gurnard
14th Jan 2019, 20:27
There must be more than meets the eye here and I suspect those involved are pursuing the claim culture that has grown over the years. The airline wouldn’t have let them sit on the floor for the flight - maybe they elected to sit on the floor whilst at cruise for whatever reasons. Tomorrow will be good to watch.

Technically the airline may not have let them sit on the floor but the crew on that flight did. The BBC pre-programme blurb states:-

A family returning from holiday found they had no seats once they had boarded their plane and spent part of the flight sitting on the floor.

Despite having boarding passes, the Taylor family found empty spaces where their seats should have been.

The family, from Alcester, Warwickshire, had paid £1,300 and were flying from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham with TUI airlines.

The Civil Aviation Authority is looking into the matter.

The family raised the issue with BBC One programme Rip Off Britain: Holiday.

Paula Taylor told the show that she, her husband and 10-year-old daughter had got to the airport early, in June, to make sure they were seated together.

Their seat numbers were 41 D, E and F. But when they got on the plane there was an empty space underneath the numbers.

"We all just looked at each other as if to say 'where's our seats gone?'," Mrs Taylor said.

Once all the passengers had boarded there was just one seat left. Mrs Taylor's daughter Brooke was given that seat while she and her husband were given flip-up seats in the crew section.

But once the flight had taken off, crew were busy serving food and other items stored behind those seats and Mr and Mrs Taylor had to go and sit on the floor, in the space their seats should have been. They were joined by Brooke as she did not want to sit alone.

The family say they were thanked by the plane crew for their understanding.

But Mrs Taylor says she was given short shrift when she raised the matter with TUI and was eventually offered a goodwill gesture of £30.

After the family contacted Rip Off Britain, TUI refunded their fares and said a "last-minute aircraft change" meant the family's assigned seats were unavailable, as the alternative aircraft had a different seating configuration.

It said it was "sorry for the way the situation was initially handled" and will contact the family directly to apologise.

The company has been contacted for further comment by BBC Online.

The Civil Aviation Authority says while passengers are allowed to sit in crew seats under certain conditions, they must not be left unseated during any stage of the flight.

It told Rip-Off Britain it would be contacting TUI for an explanation.

The episode will be broadcast on BBC One at 9.15am on Tuesday 15 January

Should have thought the CAA would be very interested. Wonder how TUI will explain that one and what the CAA will do?

Cloud1
14th Jan 2019, 21:11
Ahh ok so there is more to this then thank you for sharing the full text. I guess what needs to be explained is why the seats were missing and why the customers were not told in advance. I wonder if there were any other crew seats that wouldn’t have been close to the galley areas that could have been used.

flybar
14th Jan 2019, 21:29
Ahh ok so there is more to this then thank you for sharing the full text. I guess what needs to be explained is why the seats were missing and why the customers were not told in advance. I wonder if there were any other crew seats that wouldn’t have been close to the galley areas that could have been used.

There are 67 posts on this subject under 'Rumours & News' Unbelievable - family forced to sit in the aeroplane floorDon't think we need duplication!

Packer27L
14th Jan 2019, 21:31
A bit of a sensationalist story that is now sadly becoming typical of BBC journalism - surely any cabin crew wouldn’t risk seating pax in a seat not suitable for pax travel, knowing the potential consequences? There must be more context than that ‘reported’ upon.

ROC10
14th Jan 2019, 21:40
I think it was a Scheduled Boeing 767 changed to a Boeing 757

767s are not scheduled on s/h routes from BHX. Either the flight was knowingly overbooked (seems unlikely) or some of TUI's 757s have a row 41 and others don't. If this is the case, why would they swap to an aircraft without row 41? Somehow I really can’t quite believe this is true, it would be absolutely shocking if it is...

rog747
15th Jan 2019, 06:56
there is already a whole thread going about the elusive missing Row 41DEF on Pprune rumours and news - go have a peek

DaveReidUK
15th Jan 2019, 08:35
Either the flight was knowingly overbooked (seems unlikely) or some of TUI's 757s have a row 41 and others don't.

Neither of the above. See the R&N thread.

ROC10
23rd Jan 2019, 23:06
I’ve attached what I (roughly) expect the aircraft basings to be for S19, however I doubt all bases are correct. Can anyone offer any more insight? I’m less sure of LGW and MAN as I mostly just assigned these numbers based on what was left after all other bases (i.e. LGW seems to have a fairly small number of s/h aircraft based compared to BHX for example, however I do believe Norwegian operate some flights form there on behalf of TOM). This assumes TOM have 6 737 MAX 8 aircraft for summer, the usual 33 738s, 10 757s, 2 767s (with the other two being Nordic based), 8 788s and 4 789s. Jethros suggests two more 789s will be delivered in third quarter, which, if correct, could be in time for peak summer, but not necessarily since this could be right up until the end of September. I have therefore not included these but presume these would be LGW/MAN based if they do arrive. Unsure on further MAX deliveries.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1383x945/afcb1446_58f3_4650_ac53_c85869903c87_e848fb6df5e55e1d3ca3ccb cf31aea186914f74e.jpeg

Jet2_GLA
24th Jan 2019, 13:05
I believe Newcastle is receiving 1 max in April and Doncaster has 1 max from April

boeing_eng
24th Jan 2019, 13:06
LTN should be 1 x 738 & 1 x757 (like last summer) There may be a some additional "W" pattern 738 flights depending on how the program finally settles down!

rog747
24th Jan 2019, 14:36
I see the Bath Travel family is back again with 2 day trips from BOH to Venice at Easter using a TOM 737-800.
Hays Travel are selling the tickets for Bath.
I just booked 3 seats as a family surprise - awesome !!

Last time with Bath/Palmair we did their Cairo and Luxor day trips - good old days on a Monarch 757 - Cracking days out.

This time a 738 of TOM - hot brekkie and hot dinner both ways included
Bath are selling 175 seats out of 189 on both flights - I guess the other seats are for Bath Family/staff, tour guides and Press etc...

pamann
24th Jan 2019, 14:54
Last time with Bath/Palmair we did their Cairo and Luxor day trips - good old days on a Monarch 757 - Cracking days out.

Are you for real!?

Cairo/Luxor for a day trip from BOH!?

People actually did that??

WOW 😱

shamrock7seal
24th Jan 2019, 15:30
They sold out their first Luxor within a few weeks so they put a 2nd one on and I booked on that one. It was an early start and got back just after midnight. Was exhausting but fun. Full flight!

ROC10
24th Jan 2019, 17:24
I believe Newcastle is receiving 1 max in April and Doncaster has 1 max from April

I could be wrong but I believe these bases will only see some occasional flights on the MAX in April rather than being actual MAX bases. Anyone else know for sure?

ROC10
24th Jan 2019, 17:25
LTN should be 1 x 738 & 1 x757 (like last summer) There may be a some additional "W" pattern 738 flights depending on how the program finally settles down!

Ah okay thanks, I'll change that, I'm assuming that 737 should be LGW/MAN-based. I read somewhere that LTN is going back to three based aircraft but I haven't had the time to actually go through the timetables.

rog747
24th Jan 2019, 17:36
Are you for real!?

Cairo/Luxor for a day trip from BOH!?

People actually did that??

WOW ��

YUP - and sold out in 2 days after going on sale
Bath Travel did day trips from 1993 until 2010 when they sadly closed down and sold out to Hays Travel.

Besides operating their own ''Palmair'' package holidays to the Med Madeira and the Canaries using their own Palmair painted and crewed 146-300 at first,
then a 737-200 and also a 1-11 500 from European Aviation (then a full paint job on a 737-500 leased from Astraeus)

The day trips went to Iceland Jersey Cairo Luxor Prague Venice among 40 other destinations - On some of the longer flights Monarch 757's were used.
They also did a 4 day Xmas shopping trip to NYC from BOH using a 747-236 of EAA.

737James
24th Jan 2019, 18:32
The base plans are interesting as I understood from some TUI crew that BHX was getting a Max in 2019 from June to be used on the longer sectors like LCA,PFO and HRG ? That is the reason some people have had their flight times changed recently on these routes so that the Max aircraft can do two longer routes a day so most cost effective.

This does make sense of it doing the longer sectors rather than doing LGW-PMI on a regular basis, We shall have to see how the fleet plans progress

LiamNCL
24th Jan 2019, 19:09
Newcastle has a MAX weekly W from GLA i believe to AGP

Jet2_GLA
24th Jan 2019, 19:37
Newcastle has a MAX weekly W from GLA i believe to AGP

no the Newcastle Max is to Alicante every Tuesday

LiamNCL
24th Jan 2019, 20:24
no the Newcastle Max is to Alicante every Tuesday

knew i would end up picking the wrong one :E

DanAir89
24th Jan 2019, 20:51
No I think you are right!

sunday agp w pattern during summer 2019.

on some thread there is a link to routes online which shows all the max routes this summer.

Are the max bases spreading from north to south so could ncl be next - obviously a very simplistic way of looking at it!

ROC10
25th Jan 2019, 12:26
NCL-ALC will run on a MAX during the month of April (presumably on a MAN-based aircraft, either via w-patterns or positioning flights).

NCL-AGP will run on a MAX for the summer starting from the beginning of May (I believe on a GLA-based aircraft).

It would certainly make sense that NCL and perhaps ABZ will be next to see a based MAX.

Stuart2525
26th Jan 2019, 06:16
I was wondering if BRS might have a MAX this summer? I’m booked on a flight that in the last few years has been a 757. The seat map shows extra leg room seats in rows 17 & 18, which I don’t think are on the 738.

Cazza_fly
26th Jan 2019, 10:10
I was wondering if BRS might have a MAX this summer? I’m booked on a flight that in the last few years has been a 757. The seat map shows extra leg room seats in rows 17 & 18, which I don’t think are on the 738.

There's a lot of services across the network on all 737 services showing this layout. I'm not sure if its a system glitch or a re-numbered layout...

Jet2_GLA
26th Jan 2019, 11:56
No, the MAX 8 has the same rows of extra legroom as the original 737-800

ROC10
30th Jan 2019, 09:23
Anyone know why G-TUMA was diverted to CHQ whilst performing HRG-MAN last night? G-FDZR is currently doing LGW-CHQ, presumably to rescue passengers. Guessing it’s a tech fault with the MAX?

Wouldn’t be due to MAN closures as it was due in last night before closures, plus I’m sure it would’ve just diverted elsewhere in the UK and could’ve operated back today if necessary.

Jet2_GLA
30th Jan 2019, 18:45
Anyone know why G-TUMA was diverted to CHQ whilst performing HRG-MAN last night? G-FDZR is currently doing LGW-CHQ, presumably to rescue passengers. Guessing it’s a tech fault with the MAX?

Wouldn’t be due to MAN closures as it was due in last night before closures, plus I’m sure it would’ve just diverted elsewhere in the UK and could’ve operated back today if necessary.

Not too sure. The MAX8 was recently repaired, but will find out for you!

Stuart

pamann
31st Jan 2019, 00:29

Here's your answer... Incident: TUI B38M near Chania on Jan 29th 2019, engine problem (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c38c91c&opt=0)

ImPlaneCrazy
31st Jan 2019, 12:17
And it seems as though there was a very similar event on an Aerolineas Argentina MAX back in December...

Incident: Argentinas B38M near Cordoba on Dec 14th 2018, engine vibrations as result of weather (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c18ff9b&opt=0)

ROC10
31st Jan 2019, 12:55
And it seems as though there was a very similar event on an Aerolineas Argentina MAX back in December...

Incident: Argentinas B38M near Cordoba on Dec 14th 2018, engine vibrations as result of weather (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c18ff9b&opt=0)

Perhaps, but no mention of bad weather or engine vibrations on the page for G-TUMA.

ROC10
5th Feb 2019, 17:43
G-TUMA still in Chania a week later...

Jet2_GLA
5th Feb 2019, 19:34
yes, after an engine problem while flying to Manchester. Still awaiting its new engine before it will be able to take to the skies again.

Stuart

ROC10
5th Feb 2019, 22:34
yes, after an engine problem while flying to Manchester. Still awaiting its new engine before it will be able to take to the skies again.

Stuart

Yikes, a new engine? So I'm guessing it was pretty serious. Does anyone know what actually happened? Can't find any info on it.

LGS6753
6th Feb 2019, 07:36
Info on Av Herald:

Incident: TUI B38M near Chania on Jan 29th 2019, engine problem (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c38c91c&opt=0)

ROC10
6th Feb 2019, 09:22
Info on Av Herald:

Incident: TUI B38M near Chania on Jan 29th 2019, engine problem (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c38c91c&opt=0)

I've seen this. Correct me if I’m wrong but it doesn’t really tell us any reason or what damage has actually occurred to the engine?

ROC10
6th Feb 2019, 12:54

Now en route CHQ-MAN.

pabely
6th Feb 2019, 18:59
Now en route CHQ-MAN.
Obviously found some LEAP parts, EZY not so lucky with 2 NEOs grounded with engine issues.

FFHKG
6th Feb 2019, 19:27
Report on Aviation Herald suggests a replacement engine was flown to Chania from Brussels on Tuesday

ROC10
8th Feb 2019, 23:33
It appears there will be no G-TUME or G-TUMI. Anyone know why?

Jet2_GLA
8th Feb 2019, 23:55
It appears there will be no G-TUME or G-TUMI. Anyone know why?
This will depend. They might not like the sound of G-TUME, or G-TUMI. Airlines don’t use every letter for aircraft registration, mainly the letter Q, TUI haven’t used G-FDZI either and Other airlines are the same. It depends what they like or want.

ROC10
9th Feb 2019, 00:20
This will depend. They might not like the sound of G-TUME, or G-TUMI. Airlines don’t use every letter for aircraft registration, mainly the letter Q, TUI haven’t used G-FDZI either and Other airlines are the same. It depends what they like or want.
I know that G-TAWE wasn’t used as it was the registration of a former, I believe destroyed, aircraft.
G-FDZI (along with others in the FDZ series) were not used due to conflict with the old CDZ series. There was a G-CDZI so FDZI wasn’t used as the last three letters would be the same. There has also been a G-TAWI and G-TUII as well as G-FDZE/G-OOBE/G-TUIE so nothing to do with these letters specifically.

i can’t see any obvious reason why G-TUME or G-TUMI would be inappropriate compared to the obvious G-TAWT which was never used. It seems silly not to use all possible registrations as they will sooner need a new prefix other than TUM- but I guess they must have their reasons...

Dannyboy39
9th Feb 2019, 04:12
The LBA for example allow Q however UK CAA do not. They also charge you extra for going out of sequence despite the fact it’s not possible to go from P to Q.

Rutan16
10th Feb 2019, 00:26
They may not have used G- FDZI because they sent the bird in question to Britannia Nordic as SE-DZI and when it returned to UK became G-CDZI.

DonTrumpet2020
10th Feb 2019, 00:36
Maybe Tumi the luggage company has it registered already ? Not sure on TUME.

matjr79
10th Feb 2019, 19:13
Looking for type info for:

TOM2658 day 6 MAN-RHO 22Jun19..

Last year it was operated as B767/757 so what about this year?

Matjr79

mullac30
10th Feb 2019, 19:37
Maybe Tumi the luggage company has it registered already ? Not sure on TUME.
G-INFO says that neither of the registrations have been used.

rog747
11th Feb 2019, 09:02
Looking for type info for:

TOM2658 day 6 MAN-RHO 22Jun19..

Last year it was operated as B767/757 so what about this year?

Matjr79

First flight of the season series in April showing as 757
edit and so is 22 June

ROC10
15th Feb 2019, 16:37
I surely can’t be the only one who finds this odd...

G-FDZR doing LGW-TFS-BOH today whilst G-TAWW doing BOH-TFS-LGW. Seems like a regular down-route swap, however it seems silly since the BOH aircraft is shcheduled to position to LGW tonight at 20:00 as it does every Friday. Surely this swap could’ve just been done by G-TAWW flying BOH-LGW tonight and then G-FDZR flying LGW-BOH tomorrow night, or am I missing something? What’s more, the swapping seems to have further delayed what were already slightly delayed flights.

Cazza_fly
15th Feb 2019, 16:42
Perhaps it has actually been done to avoid the empty positioning sector later this evening? Makes more more sense and happens regularly with all airlines at out-stations as i'm sure you're already aware.

ROC10
15th Feb 2019, 17:09
Perhaps it has actually been done to avoid the empty positioning sector later this evening? Makes more more sense and happens regularly with all airlines at out-stations as i'm sure you're already aware.

It won’t avoid it though. My point was that FDZR will arrive back to BOH only for it to position to LGW for Saturday ski flights as it is scheduled to do. That’s why I can’t see the logic.

Cazza_fly
15th Feb 2019, 17:42
It won’t avoid it though. My point was that FDZR will arrive back to BOH only for it to position to LGW for Saturday ski flights as it is scheduled to do. That’s why I can’t see the logic.

Ah i see, apologies. Well that does indeed seem a little pointless. The TUI planning department must however see otherwise. I'm more surprised that TUI need to be positioning an empty 737 across from BOH to LGW during the winter.

ROC10
15th Feb 2019, 17:54
Ah i see, apologies. Well that does indeed seem a little pointless. The TUI planning department must however see otherwise. I'm more surprised that TUI need to be positioning an empty 737 across from BOH to LGW during the winter.

I also found that quite surprising but I guess they need the capacity at LGW and lack of ski flights from BOH. It’s probably their shortest scheduled positioning flight this winter. There are quite a few each week including EDI-ABZ, ABZ-NWI (can be almost an hour long!), NWI-DUB and DUB-EDI, as well as the several 787 ones.

Matt995
15th Feb 2019, 23:57
I surely can’t be the only one who finds this odd...

G-FDZR doing LGW-TFS-BOH today whilst G-TAWW doing BOH-TFS-LGW. Seems like a regular down-route swap, however it seems silly since the BOH aircraft is shcheduled to position to LGW tonight at 20:00 as it does every Friday. Surely this swap could’ve just been done by G-TAWW flying BOH-LGW tonight and then G-FDZR flying LGW-BOH tomorrow night, or am I missing something? What’s more, the swapping seems to have further delayed what were already slightly delayed flights.

I would think its to do with crewing, the Gatwick crew will fly on the same aircraft, in this case G-FDZR, LGW-TFS-BOH-LGW so they start their duty at LGW and finish it at LGW, however does mean the BOH crew flew on G-TAWW, BOH-TFS-LGW, maybe this crew is then need at LGW at the weekend, and will then bring the aircraft back to BOH again?

LiamNCL
16th Feb 2019, 06:27
I was thinking the same the Gatwick crew dont swap aircraft they simply fly to BOH then ferry to LGW later.

Wycombe
16th Feb 2019, 22:26
If FR24 is to be believed there's currently a 757 (G-OOBC) routing SFB-BHX as TOM935.

FR24's flight history suggests that yesterday it routed RAK-TER-SFB.

Interested to learn what's behind that unusual routing?

ImPlaneCrazy
16th Feb 2019, 22:41
One of the TCS World Travel luxury around-the-world trips, for which TUI provide a kitted out 80 seater 757 for.

If FR24 is to be believed there's currently a 757 (G-OOBC) routing SFB-BHX as TOM935.

FR24's flight history suggests that yesterday it routed RAK-TER-SFB.

Interested to learn what's behind that unusual routing?

Wycombe
17th Feb 2019, 10:50
"One of the TCS World Travel luxury around-the-world trips, for which TUI provide a kitted out 80 seater 757"

That seems a very odd routing to be part of a RTW itinerary, unless the a/c was positioning to pick up a segment from SFB back to BHX, and needed a tech-stop in the Azores on it's way from Morocco.

rog747
17th Feb 2019, 14:41
That seems a very odd routing to be part of a RTW itinerary, unless the a/c was positioning to pick up a segment from SFB back to BHX, and needed a tech-stop in the Azores on it's way from Morocco.

This RTW originated in the USA so pax had to go back there to disembark - Orlando SFB
Most 757 RTW tours start in the US or somewhere in the EU
Marrakesh and the Azores were part of the itinerary
The 757 can do SFB-BHX empty non-stop (and MAN and GLA but LGW is a push)

TCS Captains Choice Nat Geo and Abercrombie and Kent are some of the upmarket tour operators that charter a 52 lie-flat or 80 all business class seat fitted 757-200 - TOM/BY and TCS have their own dedicated 757's - Monarch used to...

Don't know what will happen when TOM/BY get rid of the 757's - maybe Titan may pick this RTW work up....

Wycombe
17th Feb 2019, 22:07
.....thanks for the insight Rog!

bycrewlgw
18th Feb 2019, 19:39

I’m probably being rediculous but could it be do with the brand Tumi? Maybe registrations can’t be brands?

OwnNav
18th Feb 2019, 20:31
G-TUMA is not really attractive either.

ROC10
19th Feb 2019, 23:36
Looks like GLA has now become a 737 base as of this week with the 757 positioning down to MAN and the 737 positioning up to GLA. All flights for the next week scheduled on 73H.

GumleyFlyer
5th Mar 2019, 20:49
I see that G-OOBH flew from Man to St Athan this morning, Jethro's mentions that March is when it is expected to leave the fleet, do you think it has happened?

LiamNCL
5th Mar 2019, 22:07
I see that G-OOBH flew from Man to St Athan this morning, Jethro's mentions that March is when it is expected to leave the fleet, do you think it has happened?

Yes OOBH flew its last revenue flight for TUI yesterday.

Sharklet_321
6th Mar 2019, 09:22
BOH-NPL has been dropped for S19 but is still on sale for S20.

Anyone know why they have done this for S19? Is it anything to do with Ryanair's new Naples flights from Exeter?

Jamesair
6th Mar 2019, 09:32
There is comment about this issue on the BOH thread

ATNotts
6th Mar 2019, 10:28

That's a new destination for me; New Plymouth on the north island of New Zealand. Did the flight go non stop??

Moral of the story - don't make up IATA / ICAO codes!!!

daz211
6th Mar 2019, 10:58
That's a new destination for me; New Plymouth on the north island of New Zealand. Did the flight go non stop??

Moral of the story - don't make up IATA / ICAO codes!!!

I agree, it’s a pet hate of mine, especially when its the Airport itself making them up —LLA now = LTN :rolleyes:

Dropoffcharge
6th Mar 2019, 11:40

Anyone know why they have done this for S19? Is it anything to do with Ryanair's new Naples flights from Exeter?

Correct, however Naples is NAP not NPL, as for reasons why its been dropped this summer and returning in S20 who knows, but your guess due to RYN from Exeter is a possibility.

sixchannel
6th Mar 2019, 12:08
Yes OOBH flew its last revenue flight for TUI yesterday.
Not yet 20 yrs old. Jet2 have them still earning good money at 30±.
Selling on or worn out?

Plane.Silly
6th Mar 2019, 12:43

I'm surprised Jet2 haven't made a move or expressed interest in it. At best, it'll have another 15 years at Jet2's usage, and would replace at least 1 rumoured to be retired after this year

clipstone1
6th Mar 2019, 13:32
Selling on or worn out?

was an aircraft inhertied with First Choice Airways and is leased. So its departure will tie in to a) the end of the lease and b) the delivery of B737MAX aircraft

azz767
6th Mar 2019, 15:14
I can't see it being scrapped so young. The 757 makes so much money for airlines still that I think a number of airlines would jump at the chance of a younger example.

Buster the Bear
6th Mar 2019, 18:07
Correct, however Naples is NAP not NPL, as for reasons why its been dropped this summer and returning in S20 who knows, but your guess due to RYN from Exeter is a possibility.

RYN is Ryan International. RYR is Ryanair.

ROC10
6th Mar 2019, 21:55
Yes, it looks like the delivery of G-TUMF probably prompted G-OOBH's withdrawal. Obviously the lease will be ending but they certainly got their use out of it. Operated MAN-HRG-MAN on the 4/3, landed after 10pm and left for DGX early on the 5/3. G-TUMG now also delivered but currently having its initial time in BRU. Surely this isn’t going to happen with all MAX deliveries from now on? I know it was initially because crews in BRU were experienced with the MAX but TOM now have six of their own.

Also, SE-RFX positioned to LTN and has now finally been re-registered as G-TAWY. Wonder if it'll be painted soon...

LiamNCL
6th Mar 2019, 22:25
G-OOBG is due to be WFU when G-TUMG is ready.

MKY661
7th Mar 2019, 00:20
G-CPEV I believe is also due to go this Spring according to Jethro