5th Jan 2019, 22:23
Wikipedia is listing Munich as a destination out of NCL with Eurowings

Watch this space...

ash666
6th Jan 2019, 04:37
I would like to see that happening.

CabinCrewe
6th Jan 2019, 09:08
Aaah good old Wikipedia. EW is in a period of plateau if not shrinkage, so would be very surprised to see that (in the short term anyway)

Flightrider
6th Jan 2019, 14:14
If it does happen, it will be LH not EW. They applied for, and are holding slots, for a daily ex Saturday A319 service on NCL-MUC in Summer 2019.

HH6702
6th Jan 2019, 21:28
Munich could work with the correct times and airline

Jamesair
7th Jan 2019, 16:01
TUI will use a 737 MAX8 on 1 weekly flight to Alicante wef. 2nd April 19 and 1 weekly flight to Malaga wef. 5th May 19.

VentureGo
7th Jan 2019, 16:36
British Airways operating New A321-251NX NEO reg. G-NEOR on this evening LHR service BA1334/1335.

LiamNCL
7th Jan 2019, 19:20
British Airways operating New A321-251NX NEO reg. G-NEOR on this evening LHR service BA1334/1335.

Was in other day aswell been in a few times now

Jamesair
7th Jan 2019, 21:09
The new A321 NEO are regular aircraft on the schedule now....check the BA timetable.

Beatts
16th Jan 2019, 17:22
flybe weekday flights from Newcastle to Aberdeen operated by franchise partner, Eastern Airways, will increase up to 4 a day from Monday 21 January.

KNIEVEL77
17th Jan 2019, 09:14
The first closure of 2019 due to snow! Various aircraft in the hold.

Jamesair
17th Jan 2019, 09:15
That is very good news.....has anyone heard how the London City route is doing?

Jamesair
17th Jan 2019, 15:48
Interesting linked press article on the ABZ thread about the increase in flights to NCL

NCL-TRC
17th Jan 2019, 16:13
The extra ABZ flights only came about as a result of the LCY Route, nothing to shout about, especially after Eastern cut it from 3 to 2 daily last year.

Jamesair
19th Jan 2019, 16:48
TUI...just one adjustment to the Summer 19 programme......Alicante reduced from 3 to 2 weekly

Ph1l1pncl
20th Jan 2019, 23:50
Jet2 have increased Corfu to 2x weekly In the peak season from July to September. Operating on Monday’s and Tuesdays. I’m not sure if they have reduced another route to accommodate or if they had slack in the schedule to accommodate.

LiamNCL
21st Jan 2019, 05:40
Jet2 have increased Corfu to 2x weekly In the peak season from July to September. Operating on Monday’s and Tuesdays. I’m not sure if they have reduced another route to accommodate or if they had slack in the schedule to accommodate.

Probably Krakow or Prague cant remember which one is dropped in peak summer.

Plane.Silly
21st Jan 2019, 07:00
Probably Krakow or Prague cant remember which one is dropped in peak summer.

PRG was dropped to accomodate the Monday CFU flight. the Friday PRG flights has dropped for DLM i believe

The change only affects July-beginning of September

LiamNCL
21st Jan 2019, 07:49
PRG was dropped to accomodate the Monday CFU flight. the Friday PRG flights has dropped for DLM i believe

The change only affects July-beginning of September

Makes sense seeing as its now a B738

Falcon900LX
23rd Jan 2019, 09:34
That is very good news.....has anyone heard how the London City route is doing?
Seems to be around half full.

SWBKCB
23rd Jan 2019, 09:40
Is that the total ABZ/NCL load, or just NCL?

Jamesair
23rd Jan 2019, 17:04
Jet 2........have increased flights to Lanzarote (ACE) from 3 to 4 weekly for winter 19/20

The December stats are now available on the CAA website

CabinCrewe
23rd Jan 2019, 18:32
DXB down 5%

GrahamK
23rd Jan 2019, 19:21
DXB down 5%
Thanks for that Mr Negativity :ok:. MAN-DXB was down 7%, and LHR-DXB down 14%

Ph1l1pncl
23rd Jan 2019, 23:51
Airport was down 5% over December 2017, large drop on the Heathrow route due to the sheer number of cancellations and reduced service by BA. That trend will ccomtinue in January with the further BA reductions, but hopefully the Flybe/Eastern London City operation will have absorbed some of the Heathrow reductions. In January.

Jamesair
24th Jan 2019, 08:30
BMI will be pleased to see Brussels up 48% and Stavanger up 23%.....the return of the A320 to the Dusseldorf route gave a 32% increase. Paris up 9% and Amsterdam up 11%

milhouse999
24th Jan 2019, 12:49
Easyjet have just cancelled a load of flights scheduled on a Sunday between NCL and CFU from 31st March, they don't start until the end of April now.

chaps1954
24th Jan 2019, 13:10
Emirates and Etihad from Northern airports seem to be suffering probably due more and more directs from Manchester i:e Jet Airways, Oman Air, Ethiopian, Cathay and Saudi .

highwideandugly
24th Jan 2019, 19:08
Interesting and potentially exciting news from DTV today..makes you wonder if Newcastle will perceive this as a threat to their development and pull out a digit!

Said on this forum before...the airport have been a bit slow in real dynamic progression...not just routes but infrastructure developments..maintenance,hangers even schedules?

interesting times for all the Northern airports!

Ph1l1pncl
27th Jan 2019, 00:10
Looks like the airport are expanding the Burger King outlet into the Flying Hipo restaurant. Not sure if Flying Hippo will just have a smaller dining area, or the restaurant will be replaced all together. It was always quiet when I have been at the airport. It would be good if they got a chain restaurant in its place, Liverpool has a Frankie and Bennys which would go well there, or even better a Nando’s or Wagamma. Liverpool also have a Subway too! Removing one of the duplicate WHSmiths or Duty Free stores for a Subway or Pret would be popular, which also means more commission/revenue for the airport.

CabinCrewe
27th Jan 2019, 10:49
Removing one of the duplicate WHSmiths or Duty Free stores for a Subway or Pret would be popular, which also means more commission/revenue for the airport.
How do the maths work on that theory? The commision and revenue on the existing outlets could far outweigh a Subway

JKKne
27th Jan 2019, 14:32
I know Greggs looked into an airside unit but the maths doesn’t fit their model (which i assume means the running costs would make it difficult to use their existing pricing model which wouldn’t be a good move for their brand)

NCL-TRC
27th Jan 2019, 17:07
Probably a good move for Burger King to take some of the flying hippos space, place is always dead. It also thought looks as if the Beer House Pub is going to be extended into the current Burger King searing area from one of the drawings.
As far as new outlets are concerned the SSP mafia hold the contract for food and drink airside so any new openings would more than likely have to fit in with them rather than just say Subway deciding that they wanted to open a store up there.

highwideandugly
27th Jan 2019, 18:36
Food for thought...but anything aviation wise happening?

Ph1l1pncl
28th Jan 2019, 00:09
How do the maths work on that theory? The commision and revenue on the existing outlets could far outweigh a Subway

I just go with the theory that, you’ve already walked through a large Duty Free store and passed a large WHSmiths, if you want anything from those shops you would have bought it already. If you want a drink before your flight there is another WHSmith in the Pier. Every time I’ve walked past those units are pretty dead. The airport was voted the worst in the UK for food and beverage offering. I used Subway as an example because they are in Liverpool airport which is similar sized to Newcastle, Frankie and Bennys are in Liverpool and East Midlands, so they maybe part of the SSP brands. Hopefully the extended Burger King is a start to the redevelopment of the food and beverage offering.

Not much in the aviation front, it’s all pretty quiet. The BA flights are staying at the 32 per week schedule similar to the summer for winter 19.

Daily Dalaman Dave
28th Jan 2019, 07:39
A friend has been left stranded by the cancelled LCY this morning. Apparently other pax are complaining that this has become a regular occurrence, and is worried as he has several flights booked with them including the return sector tomorrow night.

Does anybody have any stats on cancellations at all, is it true that it’s happening regularly?

Cheers

bigjim99
28th Jan 2019, 08:14
A friend has been left stranded by the cancelled LCY this morning. Apparently other pax are complaining that this has become a regular occurrence, and is worried as he has several flights booked with them including the return sector tomorrow night.

Does anybody have any stats on cancellations at all, is it true that it’s happening regularly?

Cheers

I think thats the first canx of that particular flight. There have been a few delays - something that is quite common with both Eastern and London City. On the whole, I'd say it's going fairly well - better than I expected anyway!

SWBKCB
28th Jan 2019, 08:44
I agree - I don't recall any other cancellations.

skyman771
28th Jan 2019, 13:54
....The airport was voted the worst in the UK for food and beverage offering.....
It's not just the main departure area that is a mess, the Aspire Business Lounge can be pretty dreadful as well. It's not really a "Business Lounge" in the true sense of the word, simply a place where the holidaying mass are now able to gather to imbibe themselves on free booze.
On an early morning in the holiday season it's packed with noisy IT punters well on their way to being "slaughtered". Apart from being rather unpleasant for those looking for peace & relaxation, then the catering is very poor & in reality one could expect better in one of the forecourt caff's.
I don't know if this is just embarrassingly a Geordie thing!, but conversely I have never experienced this in any of the many overseas lounges I have used, irrespective if located at "bucket & spade destinations" such as TFS, even the perennial Russians are no where near as much hassle...https://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon7.gif
Incidentally the Aspire + is little better, maybe the "mob control" is to an extent controlled, but still the same old food offering, & small concession to having the only "non artificial" lighting in whole place with a few windows looking out into a corridor.
These things could be controlled to an extent, by issuing drink tickets, as in American Airlines lounges in US, perhaps if they addressed same at NCL then the money saved on excessive alcohol consumption could enhance catering product.
Better still where possible use BA / One World lounge and at NCL, eliminate all the above problems in one go.

P330
28th Jan 2019, 17:36
I hate the lounge in Newcastle. Main reason for me is the lack of windows...feels like a dungeon!

Agree - doesn’t feel like a business lounge.

ash666
4th Feb 2019, 11:36
No, it's not that good but it's 100 times better than the new Lounge 52 at AMS which is like a school canteen, far more people than it can handle, as many cafe type seats as lounge chairs and hardly any convenient power outlets.

P330
4th Feb 2019, 14:29
Don’t forget lounge 52 isn’t fully open yet - hopefully not as bad when it is.

Jamesair
4th Feb 2019, 15:11
I'm with P330 on this..... I hate view-less lounges. When flying BA from Heathrow or Gatwick their lounges offer the best apron/runway views available. One of the best is Las Palmas...Gran Canaria, which also has an outside sitting/viewing area.

skyman771
4th Feb 2019, 21:52
I'm with P330 on this..... I hate view-less lounges. When flying BA from Heathrow or Gatwick their lounges offer the best apron/runway views available. One of the best is Las Palmas...Gran Canaria, which also has an outside sitting/viewing area.
You should try the ANZ lounge at AKL superb views, catering etc, but also with sliding roof in one area, so sunshine as well. Anyhow getting back to relevance, then Aspire at NCL with or without punters, is more akin to a dungeon. In an earlier incarnation,does it not occupy the site of an earlier air side departure lounge ...albeit less chairs & you had to pay for your booze, why didn't it catch on............
Ref earlier comments re Lounge 52 at AMS, this sounds exactly like the KLM Crown Lounge, in every way, indeed I find it hard to believe one is not talking about the same space ?

ash666
4th Feb 2019, 23:55
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1620x1080/dsc09297_large__cd7a6683ebb8b0353a4be34f00162d78113c8895.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1620x1080/dsc09296_large__a33f23d9839b8cc4f30fe362cd0735a932418281.jpg

Worst of all, I have to use it again tomorrow :(

There must be lots of ways to get into business lounges these days everywhere including NCL and I have seen some very annoyed people getting turned away from Aspire.
And I still don't know why they ushered me into the Aspire+ part last time. I spent the whole time looking for someone to say, "do you realise who I am?" to.

ash666
4th Feb 2019, 23:57
Ho hum, most of my post didn't arrive above:

The KLM Crown Lounge was not very good at all but it was better than the new one (just).
It's not obvious what is left to open at L52 but they won't retrospectively put in power points next to the comfy chairs or take out café seats and install more proper chairs.
If they though putting in cheap, basic seats to get more people in was a good idea in a business lounge they are very much mistaken.
If I'm in there for hours and want to watch a film on my laptop then I need power so that I can watch another one on the long haul flight as the inflight movies are usually (with KLM) American based serious films to slash your wrists by. All I want is an easy watching fluffy comedy.
However, spreading the meal over nearly 3 hours can stop the use of a laptop anyway. Glad I'm not a business man wanting to work.
Mind, the wifi in the lounge works well.

Worst of all, I have to use it again tomorrow :(*

There must be lots of ways to get into business lounges these days everywhere including NCL and I have seen some very annoyed people getting turned away from Aspire.
And I still don't know why they ushered me into the Aspire+ part last time. I spent the whole time looking for someone to say, "do you realise who I am?" to.

jensdad
5th Feb 2019, 00:51
One of the best is Las Palmas...Gran Canaria, which also has an outside sitting/viewing area.
Is the outside sitting area at LPA pay-for-access now? I was there a few years ago and it was open access for anyone airside; great views over the airfield. Don't tell me the Spaniards are going down the British screw-every-cent-out-of-'em route? :(

Jamesair
5th Feb 2019, 08:56
Last visit was 2 - 3 years ago.....I hope you are wrong about that.

Jamesair
5th Feb 2019, 09:03
Must be a couple of years since I used it......hope it is still open access. Will be trying for a window seat at LHR T5 BA lounge on Sunday.

LGWAlan
5th Feb 2019, 12:31
LPA was being renovated last time I was there - but the roof terrace WAS still available to any pax - although the view is a lot less good than it was

skyman771
5th Feb 2019, 15:19
Ho hum, most of my post didn't arrive above:

If you hold a business class ticket with AF / KL then they normally place you in Aspire+ , also on occasions if other side full of holiday makers, trouble is I've spent many an hour trying to work out "+ what"? Incidentally in my experience the wifi is worse on this side of lounge.
Anyhow in noting you use AF / KL then I believe there is a much better product in terminal 2E at CDG with new AF lounge on L pier. By all accounts its supposed to be excellent, however by it's location it is fairly gate specific.

10 DME ARC
5th Feb 2019, 18:05
New AF/KL lounge in pier L CDG is very nice and 300% better than the underground one in 2F! Which is worse than a works canteen!

NCL Aspire Plus is fine, agree the other side is awful especially at peak times! Who ever thought the old Cheviot lounge area could be better used needs help! A re-vamped 'Cheviot' would have been fab!!

highwideandugly
5th Feb 2019, 18:58
Try Miami...you will never complain again!

ash666
5th Feb 2019, 22:24
If you hold a business class ticket with AF / KL then they normally place you in Aspire+ , also on occasions if other side full of holiday makers, trouble is I've spent many an hour trying to work out "+ what"? Incidentally in my experience the wifi is worse on this side of lounge.
Anyhow in noting you use AF / KL then I believe there is a much better product in terminal 2E at CDG with new AF lounge on L pier. By all accounts its supposed to be excellent, however by it's location it is fairly gate specific.

I fly KLM these days via AMS. I have used AF and they are ok but don't trust their crew/pilots/French ATC any more. Both the lounges at CDG are way better than AMS.
I have been saving my pennies to fly business class for a while now but this was the first time I have been sent to + so maybe it was just packed out.
Or maybe because I never spend my air miles and am a Gold Card member now???

I still have to say, normally I have no problems with the Aspire lounges given that NCL is a relatively small provincial airport. It's all I would expect.

skyman771
5th Feb 2019, 22:50
Try Miami...you will never complain again!
Yes I know exactly where UR coming from. Historically it has been incredibly bad, there has been considerable "long term" construction around Europe departure gates, only respite was upstairs BA lounge but on last visit this was gone & BA sharing AA lounge a short walk away. The "Priority" accessible lounges were "dungeons!" no other word & & next to Virgin Lounge appeared to offer minimal improvement.

toon22
6th Feb 2019, 08:49
Another lengthy delay today on Eastern’s LCY service. Reliability has been appalling since the service began. If it fails then look no further than this reason. With BA operating such a patchy schedule at present, this should have been the perfect opportunity, which is now been squandered. Shame.

LiamNCL
6th Feb 2019, 22:52
Anyone know when the last Jet2 733 is scheduled ? X2 733 just sat about NCL for days on end now and the last 733 on the Alicante was 2nd Feb.

Plane.Silly
7th Feb 2019, 07:02
Anyone know when the last Jet2 733 is scheduled ? X2 733 just sat about NCL for days on end now and the last 733 on the Alicante was 2nd Feb.

My guess would be the GNB flight on Sat 9th, i can't seem to find any after that.

highwideandugly
15th Feb 2019, 18:30
With BA. Messing with the Heathrow service and Virgin now(almost) the new owner of Fly Be..does the panel think we will be seeing FlyVirgin ! Dash 8s on a Newcastle Heathrow service? Makes sense with 450k passengers going begging on the route? Think of that Interline traffic!

jensdad
15th Feb 2019, 19:01
Maybe in competition with BA, but I can't see them taking over the route from them, hw&u. Don't know the stats but I would guess most of the interlining traffic going from NCL through LHR is going to places that VS don't go anywhere near.

fl dutchman
15th Feb 2019, 22:01
BA NCL-LHR
At last there seems some stability returning to this route from this Sunday for a week, then from 3 March for the rest of the year.
It will be 5 daily Sun to Fri and I think 4 on Saturday.

Its still down from 6 daily as it has been for years but at least the times are similar each day. The missing flight is one of the two that operated within an hour of each other during the afternoon.
Generally seems to be larger aircraft being used on some rotations.

However the instability over this winter could have damaged the route (newcastle busiest route). Passenger nos I understand are down and regular customers are not happy with the messing about with schedules.

A bit of competition from the new FlyBe would be welcome.

mmeteesside
16th Feb 2019, 09:02
They'd have to pick up a decent chunk of the London market to make it worthwhile, interlink traffic generally flies below cost on domestic connections so therefore likely wouldn't make it profitable in its own right. If they were going after the Newcastle-London market then they'd be competing with themselves as they already operate to London City which is far more competitive with the train than Heathrow would be.
Meanwhile there is a business community crying out for flights to London 50 miles down the road where there is no competition from BA...

Asturias56
16th Feb 2019, 12:08
"A bit of competition from the new FlyBe would be welcome."

be careful - you are complaining that BA are cutting services - presumably due to making less money on the route. A competitor will fragment the market and could easily make things worse and you finish up with two half-a***** services

SWBKCB
16th Feb 2019, 12:43
BA actually carried more pax on LHR-NCL last year than in 2017 - up in 8 months out of 12, though the largest drop was in December.

highwideandugly
16th Feb 2019, 17:51
Sand BMI regional gone..KLM picking up passengers?

So sad...bad time for airlines..and airports!

highwideandugly
16th Feb 2019, 18:24
Time for APD on Domestic flights to be scrapped? Otherwise within the near future there will be nothing left?

Matt4
16th Feb 2019, 20:40
I wonder if another airline will pick up the BRU route?

fjencl
16th Feb 2019, 21:06
I wonder if another airline will pick up the BRU route?

Would eastern airways be able to operate the route on one of there embraer 145's ?????

mmeteesside
16th Feb 2019, 21:34
Would eastern airways be able to operate the route on one of there embraer 145's ?????

Suspect they'll go after the Airbus contract routes first, which bmi had just taken back off them

Matt4
16th Feb 2019, 22:48

The thing is I would think they would probably have to have a codeshare agreement with SN I don’t know if T3 have that

Asturias56
17th Feb 2019, 08:17
Time for APD on Domestic flights to be scrapped? Otherwise within the near future there will be nothing left?

APD affects everyone equally - what is needed to build more robust airlines is (shock horror) higher fares. As long as someone can come in and offer very low fares then everyone but the true LCA's will continue to bleed slowly to death

VentureGo
17th Feb 2019, 11:00
Passenger Statistics has now been re-instated on Newcastle Airport's website, although only from last year (Previously these were shown from 2016) :

https://www.newcastleairport.com/about-your-airport/airport-facts/passenger-statistics/

tigertanaka
17th Feb 2019, 14:43

The historic problem has been that due to EU law, it would be seen as discriminatory to not levy APD on UK domestic routes whilst charging it on similar length UK<>EU routes. Of course things could potentially change in this area...

tigertanaka
17th Feb 2019, 14:46
Loganair to operate the following ex-BMI services from Newcastle:

Newcastle to Stavanger (commences 25th March)
Newcastle to Brussels (commences 25th March)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/contact-3/press/

Beatts
17th Feb 2019, 14:58
Loganair to operate the following ex-BMI services from Newcastle:

Newcastle to Stavanger (commences 25th March)
Newcastle to Brussels (commences 25th March)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/contact-3/press/
Also creating a base up here, good news indeed!

Matt4
17th Feb 2019, 15:59
Well that was quick they don’t hold back. Hopefully they can bring more routes to the airport but Welcome Loganair. Hopefully they will take on the ex flyBMI crew to operate it probably saving them money doing that

N707ZS
17th Feb 2019, 16:09
Think they will need the crew and the aircraft to operate the routes.

NCL-TRC
17th Feb 2019, 16:27
Good news indeed given the situation, hopefully they’ll put some thought into adding more than just BRU and SVG. I suspect Eastern will be watching this rather closely given Loganairs links to Aberdeen...

NorthEasterner
17th Feb 2019, 16:42
I would very much suspect LM will transfer ex BM NCL crew over as they are all ready to go on the EMB 145s which LM will be operating out of NCL. Just new uniform, training etc before start of service as well as negotiating employment contracts.

DanAir89
17th Feb 2019, 17:03
I would very much suspect LM will transfer ex BM NCL crew over as they are all ready to go on the EMB 145s which LM will be operating out of NCL. Just new uniform, training etc before start of service as well as negotiating employment contracts.

the positive here (given both companies were under common ownership with access to trading information) is that the NCL routes must be doing well or they would have chosen other ones to continue... (looking a bit like a pre-pack administation if other ex BMI routes follow)

highwideandugly
17th Feb 2019, 17:26
Munich next?

SWBKCB
17th Feb 2019, 17:33

the positive here (given both companies were under common ownership with access to trading information) is that the NCL routes must be doing well or they would have chosen other ones to continue... (looking a bit like a pre-pack administation if other ex BMI routes follow)

I agree with both these comments - the NCL operation was pretty much a stand alone base, but is clearly valuable as it's been immediately replicated. Any expansion would be a whole new ball game.

NorthEasterner
17th Feb 2019, 17:46
I've seen two start dates for new Loganair services, 11th March and 25th March. Wonder which is correct, hopefully the 11th to reduce as much impact possible.

11th March - https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2019-02-17/newcastle-airports-flybmi-routes-taken-over-by-loganair/
25th March - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/flights-newcastle-brussels-stavanger-saved-15844234

Matt4
17th Feb 2019, 17:53
The flights are now bookable on the Loganair website
NCL-BRU x 2 Mon-Thurs (0625 and 1705), x1 Fri, x1 Sun (Both evening dep) LM542 and 546
NCL-SVG x1 Mon-Fri and 1 x Sun (1310) LM504
All beginning on the 25th March

Same times as the BM which would make sense with the slots in BRU and the prices aren’t actually to bad

CabinCrewe
17th Feb 2019, 17:54
Any expansion would be a whole new ball game.
Id get the 'convenient' transition over first before worrying about expansion
#overstretched

SWBKCB
17th Feb 2019, 17:57
The Loganair website says 25th March, but I'm assuming both the Chronicle and the ITV stories are cut and paste jobs from a local media press release, so maybe the ITV one is from a later version and things are moving fast...

Asturias56
18th Feb 2019, 09:09
Loganair could be good for airports like NCL and ABZ - they are used to running low density flights to less popular locations and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to build a nice little network servicing places the big boys and the bucket and spade mob don't want to go to

nighthawk117
18th Feb 2019, 12:17
Loganair could be good for airports like NCL and ABZ - they are used to running low density flights to less popular locations and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to build a nice little network servicing places the big boys and the bucket and spade mob don't want to go to

Thats exactly what bmi regional did though, and that didnt end too well. Perhaps their fleet was a little too big, forcing them to try and find work for the extra aircraft through contract flying in Europe. Hopefully Loganair can cherry pick the successful routes and turn a profit.

VentureGo
22nd Feb 2019, 11:59
Today's Emirates EK36 to Dubai is showing on Newcastle Airport'e departures as being Rescheduled to Tomorrow (Saturday 23rd Feb) with a departure time of 11.00.
Could this be a Technical issue or possibly crew?

SWBKCB
22nd Feb 2019, 12:12
Today's Emirates EK36 to Dubai is showing on Newcastle Airport'e departures as being Rescheduled to Tomorrow (Saturday 23rd Feb) with a departure time of 11.00. Could this be a Technical issue or possibly crew?

Crew illness

VentureGo
25th Feb 2019, 09:10
This morning's Emirates EK35 is currently diverting into Prague (ref.FR24)

MATELO
25th Feb 2019, 18:27
This morning's Emirates EK35 is currently diverting into Prague (ref.FR24)
Medical issue. https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/emirates-dubai-newcastle-airport-flights-15883328

LiamNCL
26th Feb 2019, 15:20
787-9 operated todays Montego Bay

ash666
27th Feb 2019, 16:35
Was today's KL960 to AMS really operated by Stobart Air?

BAladdy
27th Feb 2019, 16:51
KL are leasing a E195 from Stobart for I believe a 2 year period. The lease began on Monday. The aircraft will initially operate to various destinations on behalf of Cityhopper until the start of S19 schedule when the aircraft will be mostly used to operate flights between DUB and AMS. EI-GGA is the aircraft currently operating the lease.

ash666
27th Feb 2019, 17:20
Thanks.
I can't remember what the only Stobart plane (back from DUB) I've flown in was but you couldn't get a matchbox in the overhead lockers.
I think the E195 is a lot better.

SealinkBF
28th Feb 2019, 16:16

https://www.stobartair.com/stobart-air-deal-klm/

BAladdy
28th Feb 2019, 18:07
Loganair have announced that they plan to add flights from ABZ, GLA and SYY to SEN in May with flights operating to ABZ and GLA up to 3 x daily. Would there be a market for a similar kind of service from NCL?
I can’t see no reason why Loganair would not look at operating to other destination if the flights to BRU and SVG prove to be success over the coming months.. CPH, OSL, ZRH are destination that I think demand would exist for Loganair to operate from NCL.

Matt4
28th Feb 2019, 19:25
The only thing I’m worried about with Loganair to BRU the non existent codeshare agreement with SN. Most of the customers on BM (well half) were connecting customers and I have a feeling that the route might not be as popular without that codeshare. I could be wrong just my worry

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2019, 19:29
CPH, OSL, ZRH are destination that I think demand would exist for Loganair to operate from NCL.

On the other hand:

Any expansion beyond (the presumably proven) SVG and BRU routes would require the base to be expanded beyond the current one aircraft;
SAS couldn't make CPH work when CPH was a major shareholder at NCL, OSL has been tried a number of times by a number of operators, and isn't ZRH slot constrained?
SXF, MAD and now WAW have all been tried and dropped recently by EZY and RYR.

Would be a brave move for LOG

Jamesair
28th Feb 2019, 19:48
Except that LOG do operate with a smaller capacity aircraft which could be more suitable for the said routes.

Jamesair
2nd Mar 2019, 09:47
The January airport statistics are now available on the CAA website

virginblue
2nd Mar 2019, 12:55
Except that LOG do operate with a smaller capacity aircraft which could be more suitable for the said routes.

...loadwise maybe. But that comes with much higher operating costs and given the widespread belief that there is a constitutional right to fly across Europe for not more than 19.99 it is simewhat difficult to imagine how Loganair could make such destinations work.

SWBKCB
2nd Mar 2019, 13:49
The January airport statistics are now available on the CAA website

Movers and shakers...

HEATHROW 33,093 40,392 down -18.07% (-7,299)
AMSTERDAM 27,748 26,273 up 5.61% (1,475)
DUBAI 20,556 21,524 down -4.50% (-968)
DUBLIN 16,360 18,835 down -13.14% (-2,475)
PARIS (CDG) 12,272 10,465 up 17.27% (1,807)

Ph1l1pncl
2nd Mar 2019, 13:55
The Heathrow flights are not a surprise due to,the abysmal schedule that BA have been offering lately.

Jamesair
2nd Mar 2019, 16:13
virginblue......I was thinking more of routes aimed at the business market rather than the mass market

Jamesair
2nd Mar 2019, 16:47
LONDON CITY started 7th January carried 1,268 pax added to ABZ- LCY 2,480 ...gives 3,748 pax for the month.

Brussels... 2365 up 24%
Stavanger ...786 up 28%

Dusseldorf....3306 +60%

virginblue
2nd Mar 2019, 17:39
virginblue......I was thinking more of routes aimed at the business market rather than the mass market

OK, but to be honest, I don't think that Berlin, Warsaw and Madrid attract a lot of business travel to/from NCL. More leisure and to some extent (Poland) VFR.

Ph1l1pncl
4th Mar 2019, 05:57
OK, but to be honest, I don't think that Berlin, Warsaw and Madrid attract a lot of business travel to/from NCL. More leisure and to some extent (Poland) VFR.

Its a such a shame that they Routes can never last the journey. It seems after the buzz of having a new city break destination once the pool of potential visitors have used up the route it gets cancelled. If Ryanair can’t make Madrid or Warsaw work x2 weekly then I can’t see Iberia Regional or Wizzair biting onto these routes.

HH6702
8th Mar 2019, 11:03
on sale now

ACE down to just a weekly flight on a saturday

N707ZS
8th Mar 2019, 12:50
Perhaps its getting to the point where the competition just isn't worth entering.

Jamesair
8th Mar 2019, 16:08
RYANAIR Winter 19/20

DUBLIN..........10 Wkly
WROCLAW......2 Wkly
ALICANTE.......4 Wkly
MALAGA...........1 Wkly
LANZAROTE..1 Wkly
TENERIFE......3 Wkly

SWBKCB
8th Mar 2019, 19:09
RYANAIR Winter 19/20

DUBLIN..........10 Wkly
WROCLAW......2 Wkly
ALICANTE.......4 Wkly
MALAGA...........1 Wkly
LANZAROTE..1 Wkly
TENERIFE......3 Wkly

AGP down from 4pw this winter?

Matt4
10th Mar 2019, 22:58
Does anybody know what the SAS flight to Oslo is for tomorrow??

sixchannel
10th Mar 2019, 23:12
Does anybody know what the SAS flight to Oslo is for tomorrow??
No SAS flights at all ex-NCL on Monday.

nclops
11th Mar 2019, 01:18
No SAS flights at all ex-NCL on Monday.
Yes there is, SK7100 NCL-OSL 738 LN-RRS. Its a private charter.

sixchannel
11th Mar 2019, 08:18
Yes there is, SK7100 NCL-OSL 738 LN-RRS. Its a private charter.
Ah, OK. I was looking on FR NCL Departures list. Thanks.

Travel Agent
11th Mar 2019, 13:15
Jet2 have announced Kos from Newcastle for Summer 2020

HH6702
11th Mar 2019, 14:06
Jet2 have announced Kos from Newcastle for Summer 2020

great news.
let's see jet2 clear up a little more for 2020

Jamesair
11th Mar 2019, 17:25
JET 2 .....SUMMER 2020
looking through the schedules there are quite a few changes in frequency against this year.

ALICANTE.....9 WKLY (DOWN FROM 11)
ALMERIA.......1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
ANTALYA.......5 WKLY (UP FROM 4)
BODRUM.... 2 WKLY (UP FROM 1)
CORFU........1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
IBIZA............6 WKLY (DOWN FROM 7)
PALMA.......11 WKLY (DOWN FROM 12
PISA............1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
TENERIFE ..5 WKLY (UP FROM 4)
KOS............1 WKLY....NEW ROUTE)

ATNotts
12th Mar 2019, 09:55
JET 2 .....SUMMER 2020
looking through the schedules there are quite a few changes in frequency against this year.

ALICANTE.....9 WKLY (DOWN FROM 11)
ALMERIA.......1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
ANTALYA.......5 WKLY (UP FROM 4)
BODRUM.... 2 WKLY (UP FROM 1)
CORFU........1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
IBIZA............6 WKLY (DOWN FROM 7)
PALMA.......11 WKLY (DOWN FROM 12
PISA............1 WKLY (DOWN FROM 2)
TENERIFE ..5 WKLY (UP FROM 4)
KOS............1 WKLY....NEW ROUTE)

Nett reduction of 3 then. But I'm sure more to be announced. Brexit might(!) be sorted by April 2020 so things may change once there is certainty there.

KNIEVEL77
12th Mar 2019, 18:05
Does anyone have any more info you on the plans to redevelop the Southside and if so, would this mean the training schools have to relocate?

SWBKCB
12th Mar 2019, 20:05
See post #1229 - Belway HQ and business park going on the area between the Wheatsheaf and the Car Hire/Freight Village - nothing on the actual airfield approved as far as I am aware.

Albert Hall
12th Mar 2019, 20:26
On the other hand:

Any expansion beyond (the presumably proven) SVG and BRU routes would require the base to be expanded beyond the current one aircraft;
SAS couldn't make CPH work when CPH was a major shareholder at NCL, OSL has been tried a number of times by a number of operators, and isn't ZRH slot constrained?
SXF, MAD and now WAW have all been tried and dropped recently by EZY and RYR.

Would be a brave move for LOG

it looks like they are feeling brave. They've requested slots at NCL for a second based ER3 this summer to operate Aberdeen three a day and Bergen and Oslo on what looks like alternate days. A pretty decisive step if it all happens as planned, particularly with a decent schedule on Aberdeen.

HH6702
12th Mar 2019, 23:39
Could it be that they know Eastern won't be around for much longer so ready to take over

BAladdy
13th Mar 2019, 09:10
it looks like they are feeling brave. They've requested slots at NCL for a second based ER3 this summer to operate Aberdeen three a day and Bergen and Oslo on what looks like alternate days. A pretty decisive step if it all happens as planned, particularly with a decent schedule on Aberdeen.
Do you have a link to the source of this information?

VentureGo
13th Mar 2019, 17:51
Airport's website is now updated with February passenger figures: Total 284.349 which is 6,171 down on February 2018 total: 290,520
January's total is 275,822 down 8,194 compared to last years 284,016.

https://www.newcastleairport.com/about-your-airport/airport-facts/passenger-statistics/

jensdad
13th Mar 2019, 18:52
Bad stats in terms of direction: I make those a 2% and 3% reduction respectively.

To return to a recurring theme of mine though, NCL still has a range of routes that many airports in comparable places would kill for.

SWBKCB
13th Mar 2019, 19:28
To return to a recurring theme of mine though, NCL still has a range of routes that many airports in comparable places would kill for.

Yes, totally agree but more losses than additions recently and this year will be flat at best. If the LHR reductions continue, they are the big beast and will overshadow everything else and will drive the num,bers but DXB declining due to EDI, RYR more going than coming. The only brightspot really is modest organic growth from LS

JonnyH
13th Mar 2019, 19:40
Have Thomas Cook dropped a few routes from NCL for summer 20? TFS seems to be dropped from 28th April. Quite surprised if so.

Albert Hall
13th Mar 2019, 20:20
Do you have a link to the source of this information?

Sorry - nothing public. I've seen a copy of the schedule though - and can't believe someone had enough time on their hands to make that up.

awwdabaaby
13th Mar 2019, 20:20
Have Thomas Cook dropped a few routes from NCL for summer 20? TFS seems to be dropped from 28th April. Quite surprised if so.

Summer 2020 hasn't been fully released, end of the month I think

Jamesair
13th Mar 2019, 20:28
February reduction in numbers would also be down to the cancellation of Brussels and Stavanger from the 18th. Nothing more heard about the possible Munich route from Eurowings?

Travel Agent
13th Mar 2019, 21:04

Goes on sale tomorrow, some showing tonight on their trade site.... Tenerife on Tues & Fridays next Summer

HH6702
13th Mar 2019, 21:19
TCX for this summer pulled what was planned on a320 as was already on sale

next summer should be better as they can change the days of routes operating etc so should be interesting what they do

ash666
14th Mar 2019, 07:36
What's up with KLM this morning? Anything to do with the 737 Max story?

NorthEasterner
14th Mar 2019, 07:43
Inbound flight cancelled.

ash666
14th Mar 2019, 07:46
Yes, but why?
"One of those things" or planned to use a 737 Max?

LiamNCL
14th Mar 2019, 07:51
Yes, but why?
"One of those things" or planned to use a 737 Max?
KLM dont have any B78M , just one of a number of cancelled flights at AMS.

ash666
14th Mar 2019, 07:54
OK, thanks.

SWBKCB
14th Mar 2019, 08:30
From the KLM website:

Due to strong winds in Amsterdam on Sunday 10 March up to and including Thursday 14 March 2019, we are forced to change our flight schedules. We are doing our very best to help you on your way again. You can check your flight status (https://www.klm.com/travel/at_en/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/arrivals_departures/index.htm) or view your flight details in My Trip (https://www.klm.com/travel/at_en/home/mytrip.htm). If you have booked a flight to, from or via Amsterdam from Sunday 10 March up to and including Thursday 14 March 2019, please see below rebook and refund options we can offer you. These options are only valid, if you have a ticket originally issued on or before Sunday 10 March 2019.

GAXLN
14th Mar 2019, 08:31
From the KLM website due "Unfavourable winds at Amsterdam" - first inbound MME flight cancelled as well. In railway language, the wrong type of wind along the runway!

ash666
14th Mar 2019, 08:49
Lol. Probably a side wind.

HH6702
15th Mar 2019, 00:02

just been looking at timetable on TCX website big changes and a few routes have been dropped
no
Bourgas, bodrum, heraklion, kefalionia, Mahon, Ibiza, kos, Rhodes,

N707ZS
15th Mar 2019, 06:50
Too much competition on popular routes.

mariofly12
15th Mar 2019, 22:16
Too much competition on popular routes.

Jet2 competition?

Ph1l1pncl
16th Mar 2019, 01:36
Are the summer 2020 routes finalised by Thomas Cook? If the reductions in routes from Newcastle by Thomas Cook do happen, does this mean the base will be going down to two aircraft or one aircraft?

Maybe Jet2 will fill more of the void with extra rotations if they can.

But it does seem we are on the verge of another downturn, Newcastle and the North East usually feels the pinch first and that looks like it’s starting to show with the recent route cancellations/reductions from Ryanair, Easyjet, BA and now potentially Thomas Cook.

Update: I tweeted Thomas Cook which I know social media teams aren’t always accurate but they replied saying they have reviewed routes from Newcastle and they have withdrawn routes for summer 2020.

LiamNCL
16th Mar 2019, 08:07
This is old news about TCX they have dropped the leased Avion/Smartlynx A320 that was here for almost 10 years, REU EFL BOJ MAH KGS RHO BJV LPA all vanished this summer , Next summer IBZ HER seem to go as an extra FUE is added , DLM is daily and the weekday NBE is operated by TCX instead of Nouvelair like this year. The base remains x2 A321 next summer no different to this year and as someone already said the fact Jet2 have passed Thomas Cook in terms of size its not really a suprise.

JonnyH
17th Mar 2019, 09:39
Slightly bizarre that G-EZRZ had two diversions yesterday on two separate routes. Crew issues?

NorthEasterner
17th Mar 2019, 09:45
Only 1 diversion for that aircraft ALC-NCL diverted to BCN due to medical.

It is now currently in TFS delayed due to crew hour limitations. Expected to leave at lunchtime.

JonnyH
17th Mar 2019, 10:05
Also went to LTN when I looked at FR24 last night.

BHX5DME
17th Mar 2019, 10:13
GJZHZ has just diverted to BHX
NCL - ACE
got as far as Devon at did a 180

OltonPete
17th Mar 2019, 10:23
Also went to LTN when I looked at FR24 last night.

I use FR24 paid subscription to get the 3 month history but I have come a cropper several times as the data can be corrupted but to be fair it is often corrected. That aircraft is currently showing as stated above sitting in TFS and has not been to LTN per FR24 but I am not doubting what you saw as they do get it wrong especially diversions and can be corrected overnight.

Talking of which Jet2 NCL-ACE LS545 is in BHX and I assume it was a medical diversion (got as far as the Plymouth area) but is about to depart to ACE.

Pete

LiamNCL
17th Mar 2019, 11:15
GJZHZ has just diverted to BHX
NCL - ACE
got as far as Devon at did a 180

enroute BHX-ACE as EXS545D

Hipennine
17th Mar 2019, 13:00
Anybody know the reason for the long delay on the TUI to Innsbruck yesterday (currently showing as dep. 14.30 today?

Thx

NorthEasterner
17th Mar 2019, 13:19
Tech aircraft I believe. G-FDZT was stuck in TFS yesterday then was used for this mornings TRN.

BAladdy
26th Mar 2019, 00:30
BE’s LCY service is no longer available to book for travel after 5th April.

NCL-TRC
26th Mar 2019, 09:35
BE’s LCY service is no longer available to book for travel after 5th April.

Dropping a flight with a weeks notice, have Loganair got Eastern running scared already?

BAladdy
26th Mar 2019, 10:02
Dropping a flight with a weeks notice, have Loganair got Eastern running scared already?

What reason would they have for running scared from the LCY-NCL route?. I can only guess the yields on the route are not even near what is needed to cover the cost of operating to LCY.
What might make T3 run scared is if the slot application mentioned here for a 3 Daily
ABZ service is successful

Jamesair
26th Mar 2019, 13:49
More cuts to Summer 2020 from TUI. ALICANTE from 3 wkly to 2 wkly and PALMA `from 5 wkly to 3 wkly.

Jamesair
26th Mar 2019, 13:56
Changes to Thomas Cook Summer 20. FUERTEVENTURA from 2 wkly to 1 wkly and HERAKLION re-instated at 1 wkly.

LiamNCL
26th Mar 2019, 23:44
BA operating A320 NEOs into NCL from Thursday. First one due on Thursday morning as G-TTND.

skyhawk1
27th Mar 2019, 08:15
[QUOTE=Jamesair;10430374]More cuts to Summer 2020 from TUI. ALICANTE from 3 wkly to 2 wkly and PALMA `from 5 wkly to 3 wkly.[/QUOTE

palma is still 5 weekly. Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat and Sun

Chesty Morgan
27th Mar 2019, 08:52
BA operating A320 NEOs into NCL from Thursday. First one due on Thursday morning as G-TTND.
There was a NEO in at least a couple of times 2 or 3 weeks ago.

VentureGo
27th Mar 2019, 09:13

I believe there have been a number of NEO visits over the past few weeks as A321 neo (G-NEO*) Not sure about A320 neo (G-TTN*) as mentioned by LiamNcl

Jamesair
27th Mar 2019, 09:37
Just re-checked the TUI Summer 2020 timetable....Palma definately 3 wkly operating Tues/Sat/Sun

LiamNCL
27th Mar 2019, 10:27

The A321 NEO is in often but i think the A320 hasnt been as its only been operating flights out of T3 until now.

Travel Agent
27th Mar 2019, 15:26
Just re-checked the TUI Summer 2020 timetable....Palma definately 3 wkly operating Tues/Sat/Sun

Just checking the agent site and they only have holidays to Majorca on the above days. They may add more with Easy & TC as they have done this year, but for TUI Airways thats all that shows

Jamesair
27th Mar 2019, 17:21
According to Routes-on-Line ........JET2 are increasing frequencies for Summer 2019 as follows;-

ANTALYA 5 wkly ...up from 4 wkly
BODRUM 2 wkly...up from 1 wkly
TENERIFE 5 wkly...up from 4 wkly

JonnyH
27th Mar 2019, 20:50
According to Routes-on-Line ........JET2 are increasing frequencies for Summer 2019 as follows;-

ANTALYA 5 wkly ...up from 4 wkly
BODRUM 2 wkly...up from 1 wkly
TENERIFE 5 wkly...up from 4 wkly

Still not on sale and a bit late if so. Any idea on days?

EDIT: I think this is Summer 20.

tigertanaka
27th Mar 2019, 21:10
Still not on sale and a bit late if so. Any idea on days?

EDIT: I think this is Summer 20.

Yes, Summer 20. Kos being added too.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/283569/jet2com-s20-network-expansion-as-of-26mar19/?highlight=newcastle

Jamesair
28th Mar 2019, 09:04
OOOps...sorry wrong year...must have got overexcited at seeing some good news.

Jamesair
28th Mar 2019, 17:09
The CAA Statistics for February are now available

toon22
30th Mar 2019, 18:20
I see on FR24 that there’s an Air France A320 on the midday flight tomorrow. Is this to be a regular feature of the summer schedule?

GAXLN
30th Mar 2019, 19:43
I see on FR24 that there’s an Air France A320 on the midday flight tomorrow. Is this to be a regular feature of the summer schedule?

It is scheduled for an A318 but this means it can be easily upgraded to an A319, A320 or A321 due to demand, aircraft availability issues or other reasons very easily given common crew rating on these aircraft types. Think Air France A318, A319 and A320 have already operated into Newcastle which just leaves the A321 to be seen.

toon22
30th Mar 2019, 19:47
Thanks. Good to see AF metal whatever he type.

LiamNCL
30th Mar 2019, 20:34
Indeed it is , AF1058/9 will be operated by Air France mainline all summer on the A320 family aircraft.

LiamNCL
1st Apr 2019, 20:13
Seems like Thomas Cooks A321 has gone tech of some sort down in Hurghada , Condor 753 D-ABOI will bring people home tomorrow.

Falcon900LX
4th Apr 2019, 20:46
So some good news for LM at NCL.
Logan Air are starting a few new routes.
Bergen
Oslo
Aberdeen
in addition to Brussels and Stavanger.

Bergen - TUE/THU/SUN
Olso - MON/WED/FRI
Aberdeen - 3x Monday/ 2xTUE/WED/3xTHUR/2xFRI/1xSUN

dates and schedule TBA.

SWBKCB
4th Apr 2019, 20:48
Stavanger, Bergen and Oslo? Rolling back the years!

VentureGo
6th Apr 2019, 21:42
So some good news for LM at NCL.
Logan Air are starting a few new routes.
Bergen
Oslo
Aberdeen
in addition to Brussels and Stavanger.

Bergen - TUE/THU/SUN
Olso - MON/WED/FRI
Aberdeen - 3x Monday/ 2xTUE/WED/3xTHUR/2xFRI/1xSUN

dates and schedule TBA.

Where is the source of these new services to ABZ,OSL,BGO. Can't find anything to support the above info.

Falcon900LX
7th Apr 2019, 21:12
I can’t post the source as It contains other confidential info, you’ll just have to take my word for it and see if it happens.
Sorry.

plane-driver
7th Apr 2019, 21:17
Possibly explains current recruitment drive, Loganair poised to push Flybe out?

Jamesair
9th Apr 2019, 12:11
There was talk of Loganair wanting to base a second unit at NCL and route information on both LM and Lufthansa 6 x wkly to Munich originated from talk of slots applied for to operate these services.

Jamesair
12th Apr 2019, 09:07
EasyJet winter timetable 19/20 has a few changes from last year.

ALICANTE...DAILY (UP FROM 4 WKLY)
BARCELONA....4 WKLY (UP FROM 3)
BELFAST.....17 (WKLY)
BRISTOL....12
FARO......2
GENEVA.....6
MALAGA....5 (UP FROM 4)
MALTA....2
TENERIFE .....2

SWBKCB
12th Apr 2019, 09:41
Blimey - is that modest growth?

Jamesair
12th Apr 2019, 12:36
Sort of.....although we have lost Berlin.

N707ZS
12th Apr 2019, 13:05
Must have been offered a good deal.

Jamesair
12th Apr 2019, 16:08
March 2019 statistics are now available on the airport website. Total Pax 341,115 against 343,953 (March 2018)......only category up is Domestic...IT, International and Other all down.

VentureGo
12th Apr 2019, 18:00
March 2019 statistics are now available on the airport website. Total Pax 341,115 against 343,953 (March 2018)......only category up is Domestic...IT, International and Other all down.

That's nearly 20,000 passengers down on a rolling period**, while other UK airports are showing steady growth.

Was there not a new Business/Route Development Manager employed by the airport to expand growth approx. 9 - 12 months ago?

** slide started September last year, with a slight pick up in October, then steady decline month on month since.

2017's Figures (No longer shown on Airports Statistics page) were: September: 585,498; October: 504,979; November: 305,444, and December: 302,976

SWBKCB
12th Apr 2019, 18:18
I'm surprised Domestic as up cos in Jan and Feb the drop on LHR dwarfed any other changes in the monthly stats. As to comparisons with the growth of other airports, just look at regional growth figures - the north east was the second lowest in England in 2018.

tigertanaka
12th Apr 2019, 20:28

This will have been impacted by Easter being earlier in 2018 (Good Friday and Easter Saturday were in March last year). Surprised domestic is up after a big fall in February, presumably BA must be compensating with the loss of a daily flight with bigger planes.

inOban
12th Apr 2019, 20:55
Domestic was severely affected everywhere in 2018 by the Beast from the East.

GrahamK
16th Apr 2019, 10:17
TUI introduce a weekly Agadir for S20

Jamesair
16th Apr 2019, 10:46
TUI have also increased Rhodes from 2 to 3 wekly for S20

MATELO
16th Apr 2019, 15:35
** slide started September last year, with a slight pick up in October, then steady decline month on month since.

2017's Figures (No longer shown on Airports Statistics page) were: September: 585,498; October: 504,979; November: 305,444, and December: 302,976

Does this not happen every year as the summer season flights start ending around about Oct.

VentureGo
16th Apr 2019, 19:18
Does this not happen every year as the summer season flights start ending around about Oct.

You've not read the post correctly...
Decline is in terms of comparison to exact same month of previous year as indicated by figures given for September - December 2017 vs 2018, Only exception is a small blip (Increase) in October 2018 vs. October 2017. Hence rolling decline on full 12 month + period is just shy of - 20,000 pax.

maxtoon
16th Apr 2019, 22:34
The figures will take another hit this year with the reduction of the EK service to Dubai as of today from 7 to 4 weekly until May 30th ..

VickersVicount
17th Apr 2019, 20:51
unless they run full during the 4 day ops ?!

HH6702
18th Apr 2019, 11:48
TUI 3rd time lucky lets see if AGA gets off the ground next summer....

These extra flights what have we lost or we close to a 4th based aircraft now?
I see that BRS is getting a 787-8 based all week and is doing short haul routes when not flying long haul.
I wonder if this could happen at NCL soon also

NorthEasterner
19th Apr 2019, 17:09
Just seen on the Ryanair booking engine on Ryanair.com that 3 new destinations have been added:

- Cork
- Shannon
- Toulouse

If these routes are coming I'd say starting Winter 2019 (for TLS base opening)

NE

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Apr 2019, 17:38
I am guessing its Rugby related.

OltonPete
19th Apr 2019, 19:33
Just seen on the Ryanair booking engine on Ryanair.com that 3 new destinations have been added:

- Cork
- Shannon
- Toulouse

If these routes are coming I'd say starting Winter 2019 (for TLS base opening)

NE

As the previous posts suggests it will be rugby and 10th and 11th May are the dates for both the European finals in Newcastle.

Toulouse is more of hope than definite as they are away at Leinster this weekend but the Challenge Cup Final could be all French with La Rochelle and Clermont at home and favourites against Sale and Harlequins respectively.

BHX has had around 8 or 9 extra flights from Cork and Shannon for the Saracens v Munster semi at the Ricoh in Coventry tomorrow so definitely be good for Newcastle to hope the Irish but on a good show against Sarries tomorrow

For Newcastle to gain a decent amount of extra pax for the final I suggest Munster will be the key, as I think they took 11000 fans to Edinburgh in the quarters. As for the other one Toulouse haven't been in the main final for a few years and might bring a few over but and of course Leinster if they win will ensure several flights but I am not sure if many Clermont or La Rochelle fans will travel for what is the football equivalent to the Europa League final.

Pete

OltonPete
20th Apr 2019, 21:07
As the previous posts suggests it will be rugby and 10th and 11th May are the dates for both the European finals in Newcastle.

Toulouse is more of hope than definite as they are away at Leinster this weekend but the Challenge Cup Final could be all French with La Rochelle and Clermont at home and favourites against Sale and Harlequins respectively.

BHX has had around 8 or 9 extra flights from Cork and Shannon for the Saracens v Munster semi at the Ricoh in Coventry tomorrow so definitely be good for Newcastle to hope the Irish but on a good show against Sarries tomorrow

For Newcastle to gain a decent amount of extra pax for the final I suggest Munster will be the key, as I think they took 11000 fans to Edinburgh in the quarters. As for the other one Toulouse haven't been in the main final for a few years and might bring a few over but and of course Leinster if they win will ensure several flights but I am not sure if many Clermont or La Rochelle fans will travel for what is the football equivalent to the Europa League final.

Pete

Should be fairly good news for the airport in respect of the challenge cup final as results were as expected albeit closer than predicted - it is a Clermont v La Rochelle and it is the latters first major European final but not sure how many will travel but both games today were packed out with a very atmospheric/passionate feel.

11 May Final - Not so good news as Saracens won.

Pete

Jamesair
21st Apr 2019, 18:29
Hopefully, we shall have a good charter programme for the Rugby Finals 10/11th May. Leinster's win today gets us a good Irish contingent, two French teams and Saracens ( maybe a couple from Stansted./Luton)

VentureGo
23rd Apr 2019, 12:09
Today's BY1211 from Alicante operated by Manchester based 757 Reg: G-OOBB, returning to ALC as BY1210, I guess on a "W" pattern, originally planned as 737 Max8 (as is also planned to operate as MAX 8 next week according to FR24 - so likely similar substitution will take place until MAX issue is resolved.

LiamNCL
23rd Apr 2019, 13:25
Today's BY1211 from Alicante operated by Manchester based 757 Reg: G-OOBB, returning to ALC as BY1210, I guess on a "W" pattern, originally planned as 737 Max8 (as is also planned to operate as MAX 8 next week according to FR24 - so likely similar substitution will take place until MAX issue is resolved.

The Tuesday TUI ALC has been a W for about 4 weeks now , its noemally a 738 but today was 757

VentureGo
24th Apr 2019, 09:00

The above posted on 12th March re. Loganair expansion at Newcastle.
Nothing showing as yet on timetables.
Is there any further news on LM expansion from Newcastle to ABZ,BGO or OSL etc...

Jamesair
27th Apr 2019, 16:30
TUI seem to have 2 flights to Barbados scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) TOM 854 at 1115 and TOM 090 at 1400

SJL26779
27th Apr 2019, 17:08
TUI seem to have 2 flights to Barbados scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) TOM 854 at 1115 and TOM 090 at 1400

TOM854 is a 789
TOM090 is a 788

Jamesair
3rd May 2019, 15:38
Newcastle - ABZ 3x daily announced today by LM commencing 1st Sept....hopefully this will be followed by the Bergen and Oslo routes (M-Th 3 flts.., F 2 flts... Su 1 flt) ....... (There is an on- ground time between 0910 and 1440 for other flights)

BAladdy
3rd May 2019, 23:50
Newcastle - ABZ 3x daily announced today by LM commencing 1st Sept....hopefully this will be followed by the Bergen and Oslo routes (M-Th 3 flts.., F 2 flts... Su 1 flt) ....... (There is an on- ground time between 0910 and 1440 for other flights)
ABZ schedule from 1st Sept

LM001 NCL 07:00 ABZ 07:50 ER3 x567
LM005 NCL 14:40 ABZ 15:30 ER3 x67
LM007 NCL 18:00 ABZ 18:50 ER3 x67
LM007 NCL 18:15 ABZ 19:05 ER4 7

LM002 ABZ 08:20 NCL 09:10 ER3 x567
LM006 ABZ 16:00 NCL 16:50 ER3 x67
LM008 ABZ 16:45 NCL 17:35 ER4 7
LM008 ABZ 19:20 NCL 20:10 ER3 x67

wannaBAgrad
4th May 2019, 09:48
The last 2 times that I have arrived at NCL from BFS, we arrived at Gate 7, but were bussed to Gate 1 instead of being able to walk in through the domestic arrivals door. It would have been quicker to walk to Gate 1! Is there a reason for this happening?

Chesty Morgan
4th May 2019, 10:40
Yes, the general public generally get lost between the gate and the aircraft parked immediately outside the gate. Imagine them trying to walk across an airfield in search of the domestic arrivals door.

Falcon900LX
4th May 2019, 18:18
The last 2 times that I have arrived at NCL from BFS, we arrived at Gate 7, but were bussed to Gate 1 instead of being able to walk in through the domestic arrivals door. It would have been quicker to walk to Gate 1! Is there a reason for this happening?

Easyjet don’t want passengers to mix between domestic and international. The outbound flight must have been departing internationally and the gate was boarding. For once, the airport isn’t to blame, it’s actually easyjet. Stands 1,2 & 6 are the only stands where you are able to walk off the aircraft while it is departing internationally having arrived domestic. Hope that clears that up for you.

SWBKCB
4th May 2019, 18:41
No - it's not easyJet who don't want passengers mixing - why would they be bothered? And easyJet don't allocate stands.

NorthEasterner
4th May 2019, 20:55
No - it's not easyJet who don't want passengers mixing - why would they be bothered? And easyJet don't allocate stands.

This is the SOP for domestic arriving flights when the same aircraft is departing internationally or if there is another international flight departing from one of the gates on the 'domestic' side of the pier.

NCL-TRC
4th May 2019, 20:58
It’s not an EasyJet request, it’s to do with mixing domestic and international passengers in the same area, as annoying and silly it seems to coach a flight round the back of another stand to a different door it’s something nor the airline nor ground staff has any control of.

On another note interesting press release from Loganair about the new ABZ Route. They’ve made it very clear they’re going after Eastern...

Rutan16
5th May 2019, 07:58
Bussing inbound to another gate and outbound through the adjacent gate/door is to comply Home office and DFT dictate to ensure sterile security checks are maintained.

Yeap the UK agencies think we need screening about thirty times - frankly it’s way overboard imho.

Still we are where we are because of a small number of deluded and selfish loonies that have little empathy for others and even less for human life in general.

ash666
5th May 2019, 08:37
Bussing inbound to another gate and outbound through the adjacent gate/door is to comply Home office and DFT dictate to ensure sterile security checks are maintained.

Yeap the UK agencies think we need screening about thirty times - frankly it’s way overboard imho.

Still we are where we are because of a small number of deluded and selfish loonies that have little empathy for others and even less for human life in general.

I agree 100% and every dropped sweet paper has the (any and all) airport in lockdown until it is thoroughly checked to see if its a bomb in disguise.

I await the first (of many) posts from people saying, ''don't you want to be safe?''

SWBKCB
5th May 2019, 08:44
I agree 100% and every dropped sweet paper has the (any and all) airport in lockdown until it is thoroughly checked to see if its a bomb in disguise. I await the first (of many) posts from people saying, ''don't you want to be safe?''

Yawn - can I be the first to say "Oh - another positive post from Ash"? :rolleyes:

ash666
5th May 2019, 08:52
Yawn - can I be the first to say "Oh - another positive post from Ash"? :rolleyes:

If there comes a time when there is something positive to say, don't worry, I will say it.

Jamesair
5th May 2019, 15:25
Its looking like Air France have already moved up from A318's to A319 aircraft over the last few days

SWBKCB
5th May 2019, 15:42
Its looking like Air France have already moved up from A318's to A319 aircraft over the last few days

Bit early to call that - 319's last Tues/Wed/Thurs, but now back to 318's the last three days

Ph1l1pncl
6th May 2019, 12:32
Does anyone knows what aircraft will be coming for the European Rugby Finals this week? I see Ryanair have some extra flights from Dublin, and Aer Lingus looks like it’s added a flight from its website as it’s showing two flights listed. One of them looks mainline aircraft too. BA doesn’t appear to have done anything different in terms of aircraft or additional flights but they have made the last flight later on the Saturday. Anyone know of extra flights from France for the Challenge Cup final on the Friday?

Jamesair
6th May 2019, 16:46
All I can find so far are the Dublin flights:-
Aer Lingus 2 flts.. 8th May, 2 flts 10th May, 11th May..no number but all sold out,..... 3 flts 12th May, 2 flts 13th May
Ryanair 6 flts 10th May and 4 flts 11th May

NCL-TRC
7th May 2019, 09:07
You won’t find anything of great interest for sale, only additional Ryanair and Stobart for EI flights. Most of the interesting stuff is being operated as charters.

Looking like there’s going to be Aer Lingus A320/321s, Nordica (LOT) CRJ-900s, Capartair F100s, Neos 737s and Cityjet RJ85s and Air Nostrum CRJ-200 visiting at various points throughout the weekend.

tigertanaka
8th May 2019, 09:36
We have some knowledgeable people on here. I fly from NCL about once a fortnight and waiting for the delayed LHR flight this morning, two random questions came into my head:

1) What is the plan for the old long stay car park (the one to the left when you reach the long stay car park exit gates)? At the moment it appears to be used for storing meet & greet cars but will the space revert back to a normal car park when the new meet & greet facility is completed?
2) What is the reason behind barring passengers who have taken the right hand door at the entrance to the departure gates (next to the downstairs WH Smith) from re-entering the main terminal area? I can't think it would be due to departing/arriving passengers mixing or any potential security reasons but maybe someone knows better.

NorthEasterner
8th May 2019, 09:44
2) What is the reason behind barring passengers who have taken the right hand door at the entrance to the departure gates (next to the downstairs WH Smith) from re-entering the main terminal area? I can't think it would be due to departing/arriving passengers mixing or any potential security reasons but maybe someone knows better.

The doors are in place to stop arriving domestic passengers going into the airside departure lounge. This also like you mentioned to stop or at least reduce domestic and international passengers from 'mixing' with each other. Also helps arriving passengers know where to go and not accidentally end up where they shouldn't be.

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
9th May 2019, 08:20
Jet2 LS531 gone tech this morning? Dept 0730 now 1125.

sixchannel
9th May 2019, 08:25
LS531 NCL - PMI G-JZBF departed 09.22.
Minor tech?

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
9th May 2019, 08:35
LS531 NCL - PMI G-JZBF departed 09.22.
Minor tech?

Looks like it. Currently FL25 over Yorks National Park

Jamesair
9th May 2019, 08:42
The FLYBE Winter 20/19 timetable has been published and Newcastle flights seem to be unscathed by the recent changes.

ABERDEEN 18 wkly (operated by Eastern)
CARDIFF 6 wkly (operated by Eastern)
EXETER 6 wkly
SOUTHAMPTON 18 wkly

The main question will be with LOGANAIR introducing 3 daily flights to ABZ Mon - Thurs and EASTERN operating 4 daily flights Mon - Thurs will the NCL area be able to sustain 7 flights per day?

sixchannel
9th May 2019, 08:49
The FLYBE Winter 20/19 timetable has been published and Newcastle flights seem to be unscathed by the recent changes.

ABERDEEN 18 wkly (operated by Eastern)
CARDIFF 6 wkly (operated by Eastern)
EXETER 6 wkly
SOUTHAMPTON 18 wkly

The main question will be with LOGANAIR introducing 3 daily flights to ABZ Mon - Thurs and EASTERN operating 4 daily flights Mon - Thurs will the NCL area be able to sustain 7 flights per day?
Are those flights just NCL-ABZ or any part of a 2 stop routine?

NorthEasterner
9th May 2019, 09:09
The Loganair routes are direct to and from ABZ non stop.

nclops
9th May 2019, 11:06

Quite a few delays this morning all due ATC slots caused by the french striking again. LS531 was one of them!

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
9th May 2019, 11:32
Quite a few delays this morning all due ATC slots caused by the french striking again. LS531 was one of them!

Forgot about the ATC strikes today. Thank you.

10 DME ARC
9th May 2019, 16:28
"FL25 over Yorks National Park" I hope not! FL25 is 2500ft, FL250 is 25000ft on 1013HpA/29.91inch.

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
9th May 2019, 17:45
"FL25 over Yorks National Park" I hope not! FL25 is 2500ft, FL250 is 25000ft on 1013HpA/29.91inch.

Don’t be pedantic

sixchannel
9th May 2019, 17:49
Don’t be pedantic
Captain is quoted as saying to his FO "lookJoe, I can see my house from here!"

nonfrequentflyer_NCL
9th May 2019, 19:05
:) drop by for a brew

Captain is quoted as saying to his FO "lookJoe, I can see my house from here!"

victorc10
11th May 2019, 14:55

Just to be sure its 1013.25 hPa / 29.92 inHg

Asturias56
11th May 2019, 15:02
Still plenty of space - the N York Moors aren't THAT high......

nighthawk117
13th May 2019, 08:14
Still plenty of space - the N York Moors aren't THAT high......
"Big sky... lots of room"

Jamesair
13th May 2019, 13:53
The CAA have now published the airport statistics for March 2019

VickersVicount
13th May 2019, 15:48
The CAA have now published the airport statistics for March 2019
Although probably not statistically significant with all the nuances of month per year reporting, surprised at the drop in DXB from NCL. GLA drop was only half that. QR and EK both continue to claim market share at EDI. Wonder if that is having a direct effect on NCL? (Though equally, and harder to interpret) LHR was down a fair amount too.
Will be interesting to see what the April GLA A380 does to the figures.

SWBKCB
13th May 2019, 16:10
March drop for Dubai was the largest monthly drop since EDI started - normally about 5%. Conversly, LHR loss was smaller than the previous months. PMI was the other big drop. AMS continues to grow - CDG, DUS, BFS, SOU all up.

The late easter could have affected all these, though.

jensdad
13th May 2019, 21:53
Evening all, What was the drop for DXB?

Jamesair
14th May 2019, 08:32
Drop was 12% to 19,924 pax