PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle-9

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

skyhawk1
22nd Jul 2018, 20:50
And you believe everything reporters say. WOW

fl dutchman
22nd Jul 2018, 21:44
What dates is the last flight at 16:50? Even on the weeks with only 27 flights I can see a 19:30 (ish) flight.

I believe that KLMs schedules are down due to runway work at AMS. MME has also lost one rotation a day until the first week of September although NCL looks to be on 4 flights a day for the foreseeable future.
Last flight to LHR 16.50 TOMORROW ( I think) Sorry 16.30

ash666
22nd Jul 2018, 22:02
And you believe everything reporters say. WOW

Some people really do like to bury their heads in the sand, don't they?

ash666
23rd Jul 2018, 05:34
I tried to sue the airport for misplacing my luggage.But I lost my case...

highwideandugly
30th Jul 2018, 17:40
A couple of visits to the airport for the air show traffic.Friday was amazing with a fantastic busy mix of air traffic..well done all!

Saturday especially with the viewing arrangements on the old south side was great..only a fiver...made me think..what ever happened to the proposed viewing terrace at the old tower? This must be money for old rope for the airport as if that viewing area was opened on the south side on a daily basis..must be worth a cool million over a year!
keep the councils happy...

doesnt sem seem to be much newcsceduled services so would fill a big financial gap!

Ph1l1pncl
31st Jul 2018, 01:35
What dates is the last flight at 16:50? Even on the weeks with only 27 flights I can see a 19:30 (ish) flight.

I believe that KLMs schedules are down due to runway work at AMS. MME has also lost one rotation a day until the first week of September although NCL looks to be on 4 flights a day for the foreseeable future.

Many dates in January and February have the last flights at 16:50 and many with large gaps in the services during the day.

A friend who who works for BA posted on their internal work forum about the reduction in NCL flights and it’s apparently tactical commercial reductions for the flights in the winter along with having to give slots to flybe as part of the remedy from the bmi acquisition and and increase in long haul flying of an extra 13 rotations ( New Durban route, extra JNB rotations, continuation of Seychelles etc.

They haven’t finalised anything for summer 19 yet but they will be reviewing all at risk stations later in the summer before having to submit their slot requests etc. . That doesn’t bode particularly well for Newcastle, especially as they already have announced 4 weekly Pittsburgh which will have to be funded.

Unfortunately i I don’t see anything particularly improving, Newcastle is on the cusp of what is viable flying wise, the airport won’t be able to get another carrier to fly the route, Gatwick didn’t work with Easyjet or Flybe and I can’t see Cityflyer operating to London City either. Could we end up seeing a reduction in the airports passenger numbers? Liverpool have recently announced Widerøe and some Wizzair routes, everything has gone slightly stale again here.

I hope capital improvement wise this winter the airport undertakes work on the pier, it does not leave a good impression and is very dated, and the large adverts on the wall are very tacky.

JonnyH
8th Aug 2018, 20:08
Many dates in January and February have the last flights at 16:50 and many with large gaps in the services during the day.

A friend who who works for BA posted on their internal work forum about the reduction in NCL flights and it’s apparently tactical commercial reductions for the flights in the winter along with having to give slots to flybe as part of the remedy from the bmi acquisition and and increase in long haul flying of an extra 13 rotations ( New Durban route, extra JNB rotations, continuation of Seychelles etc.

They haven’t finalised anything for summer 19 yet but they will be reviewing all at risk stations later in the summer before having to submit their slot requests etc. . That doesn’t bode particularly well for Newcastle, especially as they already have announced 4 weekly Pittsburgh which will have to be funded.

Unfortunately i I don’t see anything particularly improving, Newcastle is on the cusp of what is viable flying wise, the airport won’t be able to get another carrier to fly the route, Gatwick didn’t work with Easyjet or Flybe and I can’t see Cityflyer operating to London City either. Could we end up seeing a reduction in the airports passenger numbers? Liverpool have recently announced Widerøe and some Wizzair routes, everything has gone slightly stale again here.

I hope capital improvement wise this winter the airport undertakes work on the pier, it does not leave a good impression and is very dated, and the large adverts on the wall are very tacky.

i completely agree with the additional routes - NCL doesn’t seem to have had much recently regarding many new routers and/or new carriers.

in regards to BA, I don’t think there’s any risk of them dropping the route. It’s quite a piopular route for business travellers and a lot of people do still connect in LHR which is important for BA too as they do aim for quite good load factors. BA’s main call centre is also in Newcastle and it’s an important connection for the business (I’m not suggesting this is the sole reason for keeping a route, but there’s other routes that would go first). I think it’s likely we could be looking at less rotations but as someone else has pointed out this seems to be the route BA are going down throughout other UK regional bases.

Jamesair
9th Aug 2018, 19:46
New route announcements right, left and centre but nothing for NCL at all....or, hopefully, so far.....any rumours?

Jamesair
10th Aug 2018, 16:28
Jet 2 has added Nice to its "shopping" trip collection with departures on 11th March and 15th March 2019

OltonPete
10th Aug 2018, 17:28
Jet 2 has added Nice to its "shopping" trip collection with departures on 11th March and 15th March 2019

Those dates are similar to the annual and major MIPIM exhibition in Nice and I know Jet2 have laid a flight from BHX for local business heads to use but never bookable of the Jet2 site from BHX.

Pete

jensdad
13th Aug 2018, 17:44
Three arrivals within 80 minutes of each other cancelled this evening: BA from Heathrow and Eastern from Aberdeen and Cardiff. Coincidence or something else?

SWBKCB
13th Aug 2018, 19:16
Business orientated routes and it's the middle of August...

jensdad
13th Aug 2018, 19:35
Business orientated routes and it's the middle of August...

Ah yes. Good point!

SWBKCB
13th Aug 2018, 19:39
And two of them are Eastern.... :rolleyes:

jensdad
13th Aug 2018, 20:29
And two of them are Eastern.... :rolleyes:
Hmm yes, very true. They don't seem to be the most reliable airline. With the fares they charge you'd think they could afford to run a dependable service but what do I know?

Heathrow Harry
13th Aug 2018, 21:50
having just been quoted over £ 600 for a day return from LHR-NCL on Friday I'm not surprised no-one is flying with them................ even the train is cheaper.............

jensdad
13th Aug 2018, 22:27
having just been quoted over £ 600 for a day return from LHR-NCL on Friday I'm not surprised no-one is flying with them................ even the train is cheaper.............

It's quite worrying what is happening with the Heathrow route, LHRH. Could turn into the classic vicious circle: Lower frequency > Higher fares & Less convenient timings > Less passengers > etc. etc. Don't want to tempt fate...

Heathrow Harry
13th Aug 2018, 23:08
It's quite worrying what is happening with the Heathrow route, LHRH. Could turn into the classic vicious circle: Lower frequency > Higher fares & Less convenient timings > Less passengers > etc. etc. Don't want to tempt fate...

The timings were just about do-able for a business trip but to get a r/t fare under £ 400 I'd have had about 3 hours in NCL........................

SWBKCB
14th Aug 2018, 05:02
Maybe, just maybe, BA are an experienced, sophisticated operator who know what the market wants and schedule and price accordingly.

If you want to travel at short notice on the most popular flights on one of the busiest days of the week on a heavily business orientated route, be prepared to pay for it. BA has been charging £600 or so for these sorts of flights for many a year.

Falcon900LX
14th Aug 2018, 14:11
Hmm yes, very true. They don't seem to be the most reliable airline. With the fares they charge you'd think they could afford to run a dependable service but what do I know?
They had 1 serviceable aircraft across their J41 fleet on monday allegedly. I spoke to a TCX pilot this morning who had to get the train from Cardiff to London and London to NCL, which is ridiculous really, especially when it affects their working life. Their ops normally have no idea what is happening, had it on a few occasions when they have sent emails out asking where their aircraft are!

How on earth they are still in business is beyond me.

my 2c.

Heathrow Harry
15th Aug 2018, 08:00
Maybe, just maybe, BA are an experienced, sophisticated operator who know what the market wants and schedule and price accordingly.

If you want to travel at short notice on the most popular flights on one of the busiest days of the week on a heavily business orientated route, be prepared to pay for it. BA has been charging £600 or so for these sorts of flights for many a year.

​​​​​
absolutely.. but it makes me far less likely to start with BA the next time I plan the trip.... £600 sort of sticks in the mind.. so I'll start with the train website, see £200 and think it's a bargain and book it.. maybe missing the £50 special BA fare that day.

plus of course £600 rtn Newcastle is a good story to tell o everyone at the water cooler..

VentureGo
15th Aug 2018, 12:30
Passenger figures for July now showing on Airport's website as 622,410 compared to July last year's 618,365 - so a modest 4,000 increase in numbers.
Scheduled Domestic & International both showing increase, while Inclusive tour charters are down approx 2,500

https://www.newcastleairport.com/passengerstatistics

Jamesair
15th Aug 2018, 13:02
June stats are now available on the CAA website

highwideandugly
17th Aug 2018, 15:46
Not much on here regarding next May and the European Rugby Union finals being held at St.James’ Park?
Would have thought if the right teams...ie French or Irish contest the final it should be good for,dare we say it,a couple of extra movements?

Bilbao this year with 30 plus charters I believe? DTV will take the overflow!

SWBKCB
17th Aug 2018, 21:20
Maybe because it's not until next May?

JonnyH
19th Aug 2018, 20:28
Jet2 have been suffering quite a few delays over the past few weeks even accounting for the busy summer schedule at NCL.

A couple of notable delays today too:
LS585 Alicante 1515 delayed by 10 hours
LS533 Palma 1540 delayed by 7 hours

Is it the normal old fleet saga?

Chesty Morgan
19th Aug 2018, 21:36
What normal old fleet saga?

JonnyH
20th Aug 2018, 08:45
What normal old fleet saga?

Take a look at their NCL fleet - G-CELO for example...

Chesty Morgan
20th Aug 2018, 08:52
Yes, I’m well aware of LO, and?

tigertanaka
20th Aug 2018, 10:39
Average fleet age of European LCCs:

Easyjet: 7.4 years
Ryanair: 6.9 years
Wizz Air 4.6 years
Wow: 3.2 years
Vueling: 7.4 years
Eurowings: 9.6 years
Norwegian 3.8 years
Jet2: 14.5 years

I am fully aware that age does not necessarily reflect safety/reliability when it comes to aircraft, but Jet2 is clearly an outlier in terms of fleet age when it comes to European LCCs. Maybe Jet2 know better than other airlines?

Just for balance, the A319/320/321 or B737 fleets for major European FSCs are BA: 13.4 years, KLM 11.9 years, Air France: 14.2 years, Iberia 12.4 years, SAS 7.7 years, Lufthansa 12.8 years, Alitalia 13.1 years.

SWBKCB
20th Aug 2018, 10:45
Why's this on the Newcastle thread?

Chesty Morgan
20th Aug 2018, 10:48
but Jet2 is clearly an outlier in terms of fleet age when it comes to European LCCs.
Indeed but I’m wondering why it’s a “saga”.

Chesty Morgan
20th Aug 2018, 10:49
Why's this on the Newcastle thread?
Don’t Jet2 have a base at Newcastle?

SWBKCB
20th Aug 2018, 10:57
Jet2 do, but none of the others except EZY. Wizz, Wow, Vueling and Norwegian don't operate from NCL and it's arguable whether Jet 2 compete with them significantly from anywhere, so why the comparison?

Chesty Morgan
20th Aug 2018, 11:07
It’s a comparison of average fleet age of LCCs in Europe brought on by two delayed Jet2 flights to and from NEWCASTLE. At a guess.

PDXCWL45
20th Aug 2018, 11:47
Average fleet age of European LCCs:

Easyjet: 7.4 years
Ryanair: 6.9 years
Wizz Air 4.6 years
Wow: 3.2 years
Vueling: 7.4 years
Eurowings: 9.6 years
Norwegian 3.8 years
Jet2: 14.5 years

I am fully aware that age does not necessarily reflect safety/reliability when it comes to aircraft, but Jet2 is clearly an outlier in terms of fleet age when it comes to European LCCs. Maybe Jet2 know better than other airlines?

Just for balance, the A319/320/321 or B737 fleets for major European FSCs are BA: 13.4 years, KLM 11.9 years, Air France: 14.2 years, Iberia 12.4 years, SAS 7.7 years, Lufthansa 12.8 years, Alitalia 13.1 years.
And out of that list Jet2 is the airline that has the most seasonal variation in flights. Jet2 operate more like TCX and TUI than Easyjet or Ryanair who are much more point 2 point city route focused.

DanAir89
20th Aug 2018, 11:55
And out of that list Jet2 is the airline that has the most seasonal variation in flights. Jet2 operate more like TCX and TUI than Easyjet or Ryanair who are much more point 2 point city route focused.
and the original question which no one has attempted to answer is did technical problems with two “aging”/v old 737’s cause two long delays???!

JonnyH
20th Aug 2018, 12:10
and the original question which no one has attempted to answer is did technical problems with two “aging”/v old 737’s cause two long delays???!

Yes, they were technical problems. At least someone can post something sensible! I was merely making a point that Jet2 seem to have been plagued with some technical issues on particular aircrafts that are getting quite long in the tooth (G-CELO for example yesterday, 30 years old, and G-CELY at KRK a few weeks ago too which is a 31 year old airframe).

In regards to the saga reply, from another member, it does seem to be an ongoing saga and a former colleague, who now works for LS, has advised there has been numerous discussions internally regarding this.

Obviously, NCL has some of the new 737s during winter, but during the summer months we seem to be lumbered with the older airframes which do tend to have suffered quite a few issues.

JonnyH
20th Aug 2018, 12:17
Indeed but I’m wondering why it’s a “saga”.

“a long, involved story, account, or series of incidents.”

Just in case you don’t have a dictionary to hand.

LiamNCL
20th Aug 2018, 15:23
733's have served their purpose but its very outdated and no matter how much polish you take to them in winter they arent cut out for constant back and forward flights.

Falcon900LX
20th Aug 2018, 18:28
733's have served their purpose but its very outdated and no matter how much polish you take to them in winter they arent cut out for constant back and forward flights.
As an airline they know this, however 16 aircraft some perfectly useable actually and are only 20 ish can't be replaced overnight, all 16 in service operating 4 sectors a day is nearly 9500 people they'd have to find other aircraft for. The replacement 800's are coming just in drips and drabs.

LiamNCL
20th Aug 2018, 20:07
As an airline they know this, however 16 aircraft some perfectly useable actually and are only 20 ish can't be replaced overnight, all 16 in service operating 4 sectors a day is nearly 9500 people they'd have to find other aircraft for. The replacement 800's are coming just in drips and drabs.

i accept that is true ofcourse hopefully some extra 2nd hand 738s can speed the retirment of some of the oldest ones

GLAEDI
20th Aug 2018, 21:21
i accept that is true ofcourse hopefully some extra 2nd hand 738s can speed the retirment of some of the oldest ones

The balance on thin routes are 733s with no leasing or debt payments but higher fuel burn & maintenance vs new or second hand 738s with leasing or debt payments might not make routes viable. If it was easy to get fleet balancing correct airlines wouldn’t loose millions and go bankrupt.

Chesty Morgan
20th Aug 2018, 23:54
“a long, involved story, account, or series of incidents.”

Just in case you don’t have a dictionary to hand.
Gee, thanks. However, I do know the definition and you still haven’t told us all why it is a saga.

ash666
21st Aug 2018, 05:02
Looks like the KLM plane about to take off is 17 years old.
Just saying.

sixchannel
21st Aug 2018, 08:38
If it was easy to get fleet balancing correct airlines wouldn’t loose millions and go bankrupt.

RIP Monarch

No-More-Bullschit
22nd Aug 2018, 06:53
Noticed this morning the PTT fleet impounded by snow ploughs, someone not been paying their bills?

GrahamK
22nd Aug 2018, 07:02
PTT fleet?
Edit: ah I see. Has the same happened at LBA and MME?

No-More-Bullschit
22nd Aug 2018, 07:04
Not sure about the other bases

Beatts
22nd Aug 2018, 10:41
All websites and social media also been deleted.

N707ZS
22nd Aug 2018, 15:32
There has been talk of complications for some months now. Is PTT Newcastle's only flying school? The PTT engineer was based up at Newcastle is he still working?

LBIA
22nd Aug 2018, 15:49
Sadly it looks like PPT Aviation have gone. Following notice was on door outside office at the Leeds/Bradford base:

The Directors of the company have reluctantly taken the decision to place the company into creditors voluntary liquidation.

Date of the Liquidation will be 3rd September 2018.

Any future questions should be sent to [email protected] or 0113 243861

skyhawk1
23rd Aug 2018, 16:44
looks like today’s DLM flight is circling around Leeds. Already left an hour late. Anyone have any info

skyhawk1
23rd Aug 2018, 16:56
looks like today’s DLM flight is circling around Leeds. Already left an hour late. Anyone have any info

now landed at Manchester

Falcon900LX
23rd Aug 2018, 18:48
Not sure what happened with the DLM, Jet 2 swapped a lot of aircraft around this afternoon. There was issues with the IBZ, G-CELH was changed to G-GDFH due to performance restrictions out of NCL.
I can only guess there was an issue on departure and with there being no spare usable aircraft at NCL, LBA/MAN were better options.

LBIA
23rd Aug 2018, 20:09
Made sense to divert it into MAN as Jet2 have no spare aircraft at LBA either.

jensdad
23rd Aug 2018, 22:17
... issues with the IBZ, G-CELH was changed to G-GDFH due to performance restrictions out of NCL.

I'm surprised to hear that. What performance restrictions are there from NCL for a route as relatively short as Ibiza? Weather related?

LiamNCL
23rd Aug 2018, 22:23
I'm surprised to hear that. What performance restrictions are there from NCL for a route as relatively short as Ibiza? Weather related?

was no significant weather at NCL today ?

jensdad
24th Aug 2018, 01:26
was no significant weather at NCL today ?
Nothing at NCL, but not sure about any headwinds over Europe etc etc. Not an expert on these things so I'm just thinking aloud here. Like I say, I'm surprised that a 737 can't get from NCL to Ibiza, but there must be a good reason...

ash666
24th Aug 2018, 06:01
The top five UK airports according to Which?1. Doncaster Sheffield (87%)

2. London Southend (84%)

3. Newcastle (74%)

4. Southampton (73%)

5. Exeter (72%)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45286347

Falcon900LX
24th Aug 2018, 09:30
Nothing at NCL, but not sure about any headwinds over Europe etc etc. Not an expert on these things so I'm just thinking aloud here. Like I say, I'm surprised that a 737 can't get from NCL to Ibiza, but there must be a good reason...

The issue was it’s only a 20K machine, weather down route meant that they would’ve had to take more fuel while the weather at NCL wasn’t particularly bad, the rain is still a factor as is the wet runway and they had a small tolerance. Too small.

Rich3
24th Aug 2018, 10:20
The issue was it’s only a 20K machine, weather down route meant that they would’ve had to take more fuel while the weather at NCL wasn’t particularly bad, the rain is still a factor as is the wet runway and they had a small tolerance. Too small.
GCELH was used for ALMERIA instead of IBIZA, ALMERIA is 3 hours flight time.

Chesty Morgan
24th Aug 2018, 10:37
So perhaps it was dry by then.

Its not just flight time you you need to consider either. The alternate for IBZ is usually PMI. If the weather was similarly bad, which it often is, then MAH would also be used as an alternate which is further away. So, alternate fuel for MAH plus holding fuel would probably add up to more than you’d need for LEI on a nice day, which it was.

JonnyH
24th Aug 2018, 13:10

it went tech. 19 hour delay.

fl dutchman
24th Aug 2018, 13:58
LHR
Seems one of the busiest days of the week ie Fridays now has the least no of LHR flights. If anyone missed the 10. 35 arrival into NCL this morning, the next flight arrives NCL 19.30.
Think this is the pattern for the last few and coming weeks.
Great schedule. "IF" you can get a seat its getting on towards £400 (£363 economy) one way.

BAladdy
24th Aug 2018, 15:04
BA flights to LHR will increase from 8th September to 28th October from 39 to 46 x weekly. Details of extra flights added are below:

BA1323 NCL 12:50 LHR 14:10 319 D

BA1330 LHR 21:55 NCL 23:05 319 4
BA1330 LHR 22:05 NCL 23:15 319 x4

VickersVicount
24th Aug 2018, 17:45
thats a slightly odd short term increase. One presumes 'slot utilisation' ?

SWBKCB
24th Aug 2018, 18:52
Or an airline with a good understanding of its market reducing supply when demand is low and increasing it when it is high?? :ok:

(just as it does every year...) ;)

JonnyH
24th Aug 2018, 19:17
Or an airline with a good understanding of its market reducing supply when demand is low and increasing it when it is high?? :ok:

(just as it does every year...) ;)

When I worked for BA they were fantastic for utilisation on some routes but poor on others.

The two NCL rotations, that were about an 30-60 minutes apart last year, was a real head scratcher with some pretty low load factors.

The two morning flights; the 0605 especially are real good money spinners & load factors are always great.

jensdad
24th Aug 2018, 21:39

Thanks for the explanation, Falcon. Didn't realise the tolerances were as small as they are.

NCL-TRC
24th Aug 2018, 22:26
BA flights to LHR will increase from 8th September to 28th October from 39 to 46 x weekly. Details of extra flights added are below:

BA1323 NCL 12:50 LHR 14:10 319 D

BA1330 LHR 21:55 NCL 23:05 319 4
BA1330 LHR 22:05 NCL 23:15 319 x4

BA Just cancelled its Tehran flights, I’d expect these are the slot sitters for them, they were originally planned as positional flights but it seems it’s been decided they’ll now be revenue.

Travel Agent
25th Aug 2018, 14:59
Would anyone know why Jet2 flights operating to the Canaries when taking off toward the coast often take a northern turn rather than southern? Seen it a few times and always wondered why?https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/1310x655/f24_ae203c5c7556abf58d325c135ec70fda430656f3.png

Sods law, the next flight was LPA and that headed south!

Rich3
25th Aug 2018, 15:13
Would anyone know why Jet2 flights operating to the Canaries when taking off toward the coast often take a northern turn rather than southern? Seen it a few times and always wondered why?https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/1310x655/f24_ae203c5c7556abf58d325c135ec70fda430656f3.png

Sods law, the next flight was LPA and that headed south!
The flight planning computer at Jet2 Operations Control Centre determines the most cost effective route, the system shall take into account factors such as route charges and upper winds, often with no human input. The route towards TLA before turning towards Dublin and the Oceanic route has the lowest route charges.

Travel Agent
25th Aug 2018, 15:24
Thanks for the insight ;)

Chesty Morgan
25th Aug 2018, 22:32
Not necessarily. Quite often we would have to use 07 which is against the general flow of traffic into, and out of NCL, if 25 is performance limiting. To follow the 07 SID would take you into conflict with arriving traffic. Hence the left turn off 07 to keep separation and to get you above the inbounds.

Beatts
26th Aug 2018, 19:40
Looks like our first visit of TUI's 737 MAX will be Newcastle – Alicante from 02APR19, once weekly.

Falcon900LX
29th Aug 2018, 16:16
We could potentially be seeing RYR MAX's around that time too as that's when they get some delivered.

CentreFix25
30th Aug 2018, 08:31
Looks like our first visit of TUI's 737 MAX will be Newcastle – Alicante from 02APR19, once weekly.

I thought TUIs NCL flying program [not long haul obviously] was flown with based aircraft?

SWBKCB
30th Aug 2018, 08:48
Not all of it - there are a handful of "W" patterns. Same for Jet2.

Beatts
30th Aug 2018, 10:59
The 737s will be based from Manchester the whole of winter 2018/19 season so my guess is a W as well.

CentreFix25
30th Aug 2018, 16:06
Not all of it - there are a handful of "W" patterns. Same for Jet2.

You live and learn. Cheers.

VentureGo
3rd Sep 2018, 08:56
Anyone know what the 747 is doing at Newcastle this morning? No detail on FR24 other than B744. - Possibly De la Rue or Middle East charter?

SWBKCB
3rd Sep 2018, 09:12
Private flight for shooting on the moors

VentureGo
3rd Sep 2018, 09:47
Private flight for shooting on the moors

OK Thanks - Aircraft is currently on approach into Stansted (from NCL)

N707ZS
3rd Sep 2018, 13:44
Comes every year to shoot the peasants!

GrahamK
3rd Sep 2018, 20:11
Comes every year to shoot the peasants!
don't think t was in last year. Was a 773 and 772 iirc

N707ZS
3rd Sep 2018, 21:33
Was in the year before that in November as it was there when I came back from Dublin.

sixchannel
3rd Sep 2018, 21:37
Was in the year before that in November as it was there when I came back from Dublin.

It wasnt there in the November when I came back from Dublin.
But then again, i flew into Manchester.
Sorree!!

Jamesair
4th Sep 2018, 08:17
Jet 2 will be recruiting approx 200 staff for its Newcastle operation

Falcon900LX
4th Sep 2018, 20:17
Jet 2 will be recruiting approx 200 staff for its Newcastle operation
Ground staff, flightcrew, engineers, bus drivers, what??

SWBKCB
5th Sep 2018, 05:02
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/pilots-cabin-crew-jet2-announces-15106577

ash666
5th Sep 2018, 05:45
So an even bigger selection of beach resorts...

SWBKCB
5th Sep 2018, 06:21
Fancy that from a holiday airline! :rolleyes:

ash666
5th Sep 2018, 06:49
I've only flown Jet2 once, a couple of months ago to Pisa/Florence which aren't exactly famous for their beaches so it can be done.
it just reinforces NCL's reputation for being a bucket and spade airport but if that's what the localpopulation want.
But the market is only so big and they will end up competing with themselves.

friartuck
5th Sep 2018, 18:00
I guess that if ncl could provide lots of business class passengers you'd have no problem attracting different airles??

ash666
5th Sep 2018, 19:07
I see KL960 was very late today.
Anyone know what the minimum time is to get a case off 1 flight and onto another (at AMS in this case).

strawberry Ribena
5th Sep 2018, 19:19
I see KL960 was very late today.
Anyone know what the minimum time is to get a case off 1 flight and onto another (at AMS in this case).
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/1120x2000/48f489b1_bf51_4220_a9e5_18a33d1399ce_4fe317702cd026d6320b660 73c62490da56be0c3.png

ash666
5th Sep 2018, 19:41
Thanks, but is that not just for people or does it apply to baggage as well?

HH6702
8th Sep 2018, 20:12
Ryanair has started to load summer 2019 flights on sale

daily flights to PMI ,ALC

NO flights shown for ACE,TFS,FAO,AGP,WAW,MAD

these maybe loaded later or they scaling back ncl ops again

HH6702
8th Sep 2018, 21:25
DY to Gatwick to feed into long haul services ??

toledoashley
9th Sep 2018, 07:37
DY to Gatwick to feed into long haul services ??

I was told minimal changes to services at Gatwick - expect the same as this year with a couple of changes (Rhodes and Aarlborg going).Can't see it happening in the short term.

Ph1l1pncl
10th Sep 2018, 00:37
I’m presuming those ground roles for Jet 2 are above wing vacancies, still no sign of them taking ground handling in house?

Ph1l1pncl
11th Sep 2018, 00:51
Ryanair has started to load summer 2019 flights on sale

daily flights to PMI ,ALC

NO flights shown for ACE,TFS,FAO,AGP,WAW,MAD

these maybe loaded later or they scaling back ncl ops again

I would be surprised if Faro and Malaga and the Canaries didn’t come back next year, unless it’s been a total blood bath this year to those destinations. It’s interesting that Gdańsk and Wroclaw are on sale though. I’m not sure about Madrid, it’s already been dropped for winter this year so that may not come back. Which is a shame, as Madrid is a lovely city, but it is a route that the North East public are more limited in numbers in who wishes to visit, which unfortunately has been the case with other city break locations. It would be nice if Budapest came back and a route to Venice in the summer.

Falcon900LX
11th Sep 2018, 12:16
I’m presuming those ground roles for Jet 2 are above wing vacancies, still no sign of them taking ground handling in house?
Absolutely not, however, Jet2 will be getting those red steps at NCL soon as well as red baggage carts. Red bloody everything.

SWBKCB
11th Sep 2018, 12:22
Absolutely not, however, Jet2 will be getting those red steps at NCL soon as well as red baggage carts. Red bloody everything.

Very cryptic - can you expand?

sixchannel
11th Sep 2018, 18:24
Very cryptic - can you expand?

I assume he means "own-branded" apron equipment, hence the red tide. ;-)
Q - why not blue and white steps and baggage kit as well? Some kind of prejudice? Lol!

Ph1l1pncl
11th Sep 2018, 22:44

So they will be having their own branded equipment but using Swissport staff to operate the equipment and still do all below wing activities? If so, that seems a little strange to me. Jet2 are at a size now where other bases went in house below the wing.

As Swissport have a monopoly on ground handling at the airport it makes it more difficult for the airlines, what are the choices now if they don’t like what Swissport is providing. Self handle, try and get another company into the airport, leave or just put up with Swissport service or take them to court if breaking any SLAs?

Plane.Silly
12th Sep 2018, 06:48
I'm sure Jet2 would be at least considering taking ground ops in house, they already do it at EMA which has 7 based a/c like NCL, maybe this is the prelude to it?

ash666
12th Sep 2018, 11:29
What goes on with KL959/960?

It is late almost every single day and as often as not loses another 15mins with the NCL turnaround.

Jamesair
12th Sep 2018, 16:32
JET 2.
Adjustment to frequency for Summer 19
Alicante....... down from 12 to 11
Dalaman..... up from 3 to 4 weekly

SWBKCB
12th Sep 2018, 17:50
What goes on with KL959/960? It is late almost every single day and as often as not loses another 15mins with the NCL turnaround.

Where are you getting your data from - since the start of August, FR24 has KL959 late 8 times into NCL and KL960 late 4 times into AMS.

HH6702
12th Sep 2018, 18:06
If it's leaving ncl 15 late it could be a slot at Amsterdam meaning less holding time if it's getting into Amsterdam more or less on time

sixchannel
12th Sep 2018, 18:15
JET 2.
Adjustment to frequency for Summer 19
Alicante....... down from 12 to 11
Dalaman..... up from 3 to 4 weekly

Perhaps bigging up Turkey as part of a post-Brexit strategy?
Me? We're off to FUE next May and already concerned about what kind of a mess the no deal/some deal/any deal Brexit will create for holidaymakers --.e. us.

fl dutchman
12th Sep 2018, 20:40
NCL-LHR

Good to see some extra frequency back on the route. although its still inconsistent. No 9 am departure today and no 9am and 11.30am departure tommorrow. In fact the first flight up from LHR (Thurs) arrives NCL 14.35. so no arrivals before then followed, by 4 arrivals pm.
Then it seems to settle down a bit but some of the timings are questionable ie some so close together. Although I realise they are slot sitters.

Unfortunatley the coming winter reductions from 6 per weekday to 3 or 4 still apply. Perhaps this may change nearer the time.

The fares recently on many flights have been extortionate. Due to the reduction in seats.

Plane.Silly
13th Sep 2018, 06:42
Me? We're off to FUE next May and already concerned about what kind of a mess the no deal/some deal/any deal Brexit will create for holidaymakers --.e. us.

If you booked throgh the holiday arm, you'll have nothing to worry about. In the (un)likely scenario you can't go because of flying rights, everything gets refunded.
If it's just a seat you bought, that'll get refunded but the hotel/ transfers may not be so generous

Jamesair
13th Sep 2018, 08:15
I think travellers have everything to worry about.......European airports have two queues for passports....EU and Others....take a look at the length of the "others" line (which will be ours after March 19) next time you fly .....and be worried. Leaving Athens recently, we went straight through but the "others" could easily have missed their flights by the delay and length of the line.

ash666
13th Sep 2018, 08:52
I don't know why they can't do that with the Irish border, one lane for GB and Irish passports and another for Others.

sixchannel
13th Sep 2018, 09:27
I think travellers have everything to worry about.......European airports have two queues for passports....EU and Others....take a look at the length of the "others" line (which will be ours after March 19) next time you fly .....and be worried. Leaving Athens recently, we went straight through but the "others" could easily have missed their flights by the delay and length of the line.

Although flying to FUE in May and therefore having to endure at FUE airport whatever disasters the Brexit throws our way as a Third World Country, we have booked NO AIR TRAVEL HOLIDAYS for beyond that - just in case.
I have no desire to stand in a Queue for Aliens for more than an hour whilst Custome / Border decide to allow us through. We stopped flying to Orlando Int 3 yrs ago because of that after a 90minute wait to get through Homeland Security, and it looks like Eu (Canaries in particular) will have to go the same way.
So Butlins looks promising. Lol.

JonnyH
13th Sep 2018, 14:06
Although flying to FUE in May and therefore having to endure at FUE airport whatever disasters the Brexit throws our way as a Third World Country, we have booked NO AIR TRAVEL HOLIDAYS for beyond that - just in case.
I have no desire to stand in a Queue for Aliens for more than an hour whilst Custome / Border decide to allow us through. We stopped flying to Orlando Int 3 yrs ago because of that after a 90minute wait to get through Homeland Security, and it looks like Eu (Canaries in particular) will have to go the same way.
So Butlins looks promising. Lol.

i can’t see it happening to that extent for the Canaries, personally. Tourism is a huge income for people living in the Canaries, with a large number of tourists being British, and I think this would cause a massive headache for the Canarian government if this was to become the case. That isn’t me saying we would be able to go through the EU queue but I think wait times would definitely be addressed.

There are too many “what ifs” for my liking.

sixchannel
13th Sep 2018, 14:27
i can’t see it happening to that extent for the Canaries, personally. Tourism is a huge income for people living in the Canaries, with a large number of tourists being British, and I think this would cause a massive headache for the Canarian government if this was to become the case. That isn’t me saying we would be able to go through the EU queue but I think wait times would definitely be addressed.

There are too many “what ifs” for my liking.

And you think any of that bothers Barnier and the Great EU?
My view is that you are probably correct. Fuerteventura for example generates over 2 million tourist visits a year, probably 25% of whom are from UK.
If WE take our bat and ball in and go elsewhere non EU like upcoming Turkey or back like lemmings to Egypt or Tunisia say, the C.I. economy would suffer quite badly. Personally i dont fancy Hurghada, winter or summer so here's hoping a bit of sense prevails.

Jamesair
13th Sep 2018, 15:25
Conversely, the same problem will exist for EU citizens travelling to the UK , which will not be very popular and could be very harmful to this country. In all the discussions I have read about Brexit, no one seems to be addressing or seems to have given much thought to this potentially major problem. Please correct me if I am wrong.

SWBKCB
13th Sep 2018, 15:54
I'm sure there's plenty in JetBlast willing to discuss the topic - can we get back on track?

Rutan16
14th Sep 2018, 05:02
You do realise the Canaries are Spanish but not in the EU rather like our off shore Channel isles !

ash666
14th Sep 2018, 05:34
Wiki: "The Canaries are among the outermost regions (OMR) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Member_State_territories_and_the_European_Union#Oute rmost_regions) of the European Union (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union) proper"
and
"The Canary Islands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_Islands) are a Spanish (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain) archipelago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archipelago) off the African coast which form one of the 17 Autonomous Communities (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_Communities) of Spain–the country's principal first-level administrative division. They are outside the EU VAT Area. The Canary Islands are the most populated and economically strongest territory of all the outermost regions in the European Union."

Jamesair
14th Sep 2018, 08:22
The CAA stats for July are now availabe

ash666
14th Sep 2018, 09:03
That makes it all clear, then :)

SWBKCB
14th Sep 2018, 09:08
Try again - total 616,743 up from 612,664 last year

Top destinations

PALMA 49,863 53,937 -7.55
HEATHROW 41,409 41,450 -0.10
ALICANTE 40,509 42,674 -5.07
AMSTERDAM 30,867 33,418 -7.63
MALAGA 29,668 29,214 1.55
BELFAST 24,481 21,472 14.01
FARO 23,129 24,411 -5.25
DUBAI 22,666 22,150 2.33
DUBLIN 20,258 23,649 -14.34
TENERIFE 20,098 20,672 -2.78
DALAMAN 19,497 13,559 43.79
BRISTOL 17,672 14,743 19.87
IBIZA 17,204 17,347 -0.82
PARIS 12,845 13,295 -3.38
ANTALYA 12,632 6,842 84.62
ARRECIFE 12,280 15,620 -21.38
REUS 11,499 12,634 -8.98
SOUTHAMPTON 10,482 13,230 -20.77
CORFU 10,230 10,186 0.43

HH6702
14th Sep 2018, 09:27
No wonder ACE isn't on sale next summer if they can't fill it

GrahamK
14th Sep 2018, 11:00
No wonder ACE isn't on sale next summer if they can't fill itA lot of FR routes from NCL not on sale for S19 yet, including DUB.

highwideandugly
14th Sep 2018, 16:27
With Ryanair to Dublin not on sale yet for 2019.....and British Airways messing big time with the Newcastle Schedule..any mileage in Aer Lingus stepping back in and increasing the Dublin to tap in to a vast USA market from the North East ?

Jamesair
14th Sep 2018, 16:30
August stats are now on the airport website.

A drop of 453 movements from Aug. 17 and an increase in pax numbers from 624,233 to 625,514 in Aug 18........main increase is in domestic pax.

HH6702
14th Sep 2018, 17:40
Aer lingus

with only 1 flight per day now this must be limiting what flights can be offered without a night stop coming back.

SWBKCB
14th Sep 2018, 17:51
With Ryanair to Dublin not on sale yet for 2019.....and British Airways messing big time with the Newcastle Schedule..any mileage in Aer Lingus stepping back in and increasing the Dublin to tap in to a vast USA market from the North East ?

In the first seven months of 2018, BA carried 288,788 on the LHR route, 10,000 more than the same period last year.

The mid morning EI DUB works quite well with their Transatlantic flights (well, did for me a couple of months ago :ok:) Also, don't forget KLM

jensdad
14th Sep 2018, 20:31
Passenger stats are showing that growth is a bit sluggish compared to many other UK airports - less than 1% increase for both months. Still an increase though!

sixchannel
14th Sep 2018, 21:15
Not surprised. Sitting for 4hrs+ with my knees under my chin in a soulless Ryanair cabin wouldn't be my kind of fun either.

Jamesair
14th Sep 2018, 21:52
A very good performance when you consider the frequency cuts we have had this summer ....look at the drop in movements against last July

Ph1l1pncl
15th Sep 2018, 02:23
It apears that the Cork Route has been cut from the end of September. Doesn’t seem to show for returning next summer either.

SWBKCB
15th Sep 2018, 07:44

Jet2, TCX and TUI also do one or two flights to ACE in addition to the two RYR a week.

highwideandugly
15th Sep 2018, 16:58
Troubled times ahead..no growth on schedules..the opposite really.. Also hanging on to to IT growth...no new airport infrastructure,and that is all before the dread of Brexit.

Going to be a hard few years ahead for the premier NE airport and to be honest all NE airports..

SWBKCB
15th Sep 2018, 18:53
The country catches a cold and the North East sneezes first...

highwideandugly
15th Sep 2018, 20:04
True ..unfortunately the whole area is always on the back foot.

But sometimes you just wish for a bit of flair and adventure in the planning?

Southside of the airport completely un developed..while other airports..have at least given it a go.
cant always rely on the the NE public flying to Alicante!

NCL-TRC
15th Sep 2018, 20:21
Let’s be honest NCL has been on a bit of a downward trend for a little while now. Failing to secure a permanent United service, the loss of SAS, Vueling and various frequency cuts with Aer Lingus, now Ryanair seem to be scaling back after the explosion of an expansion that seemed to happen all of a sudden. Is it all the airports fault? No but you can’t help but think they aren’t completely blameless with all this.

jensdad
15th Sep 2018, 20:31
Let’s be honest NCL has been on a bit of a downward trend for a little while now.
Getting into semantics here, but a decrease in the rate of an upward trend does not equal a 'downward trend'. Passenger figures are up. Up by less than some other airports admittedly, but they are up. As I've said before, we're the third smallest city on Emirates' European network. We ain't doing bad.

ash666
16th Sep 2018, 04:36
They seem to be pushing ahead with their Masterplan 2035. I wonder if there are the passengers to support it?

JonnyH
17th Sep 2018, 20:42
It looks like LCO has went tech in ZTH causing a few knock on delays - currently 20 hour delay.

A321 operating MAH instead of the 320 with an 11 hour delay with TCVA coming in from MAN to operate that and LCN coming into to operate the DLM from STN which operated with a 2 hour delay.

Busy day for TCX ops!

fl dutchman
17th Sep 2018, 21:49
Ryanair summer 2019

Dublin, Faro, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Girona, Palma , Alicante, Malaga and polish destinations on sale. NO Madrid up to now !

VentureGo
17th Sep 2018, 21:58
They seem to be pushing ahead with their Masterplan 2035. I wonder if there are the passengers to support it?

Newcastle seem to be under-performing substantially when compared to similarly sized UK airports over the past decade. Despite adding Dubai to the destination board the airport is still well behind peak levels of passenger numbers achieved over 10 years ago.The sales business development team would be out of a job in any other commercial operation. Domestic routes have seen significant decline, also services to Copenhagen,Oslo, Stavanger and Bergen no longer available in any kind of regular volume (Used to be operated by Daily Braathens (now Norwegian?!) Boeing 737 back then)
Newcastle Airport were forecasting 10million passengers by now and yet only achieved 5.3m last year. Bristol by comparison from a similar level in 2007 achieved 8.3m last year. Other regional airports have similarly grown since the depression of 2008.

I wonder if anyone can identify exactly where routes with volume number of passengers have been lost from those years (circa and before 2007 - before Emirates and LCC gains)

Route Development and Marketing teams at Airport should be brought to task on such a terrible under performance.

LiamNCL
18th Sep 2018, 06:09
It looks like LCO has went tech in ZTH causing a few knock on delays - currently 20 hour delay.

A321 operating MAH instead of the 320 with an 11 hour delay with TCVA coming in from MAN to operate that and LCN coming into to operate the DLM from STN which operated with a 2 hour delay.

Busy day for TCX ops!

The ZTH flight is now showing Delayed 21:45 thats around 37 Hour delay and is now Scheduled to be flown by G-TCDM

GrahamK
18th Sep 2018, 06:34
Ryanair summer 2019

Dublin, Faro, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Girona, Palma , Alicante, Malaga and polish destinations on sale. NO Madrid up to now !

No Warsaw either, frequency reductions on TFS and AGP it seems too. Not getting the required yields? How does the airport expect to get over 6m in 17 years time, never mind 9m?

SWBKCB
18th Sep 2018, 06:53
Not getting the required yields?

Why else would they reduce the frequency?

Route Development and Marketing teams at Airport should be brought to task on such a terrible under performance
Easy to blame the airport, but if people don't buy the flights available? The relatively poor economic performance of the region is probably more of a factor.

BTW, I thought Braathens were bought by SAS? CPH was never a Braathens flight and wasn't Oslo BA Connect? Stavanger is still operated by bmi Regional daily except Saturday (don't think Braathens had a Saturday service either)

GrahamK
18th Sep 2018, 07:24
Braathens was 6 x weekly to both Oslo and Stavanger. Bacon operated for a couple of years using the E145, numerous attempts from FR to both RYG and TRF have also been attempted.

ash666
18th Sep 2018, 08:47
Newcastle seem to be under-performing substantially when compared to similarly sized UK airports over the past decade. Despite adding Dubai to the destination board the airport is still well behind peak levels of passenger numbers achieved over 10 years ago.The sales business development team would be out of a job in any other commercial operation. Domestic routes have seen significant decline, also services to Copenhagen,Oslo, Stavanger and Bergen no longer available in any kind of regular volume (Used to be operated by Daily Braathens (now Norwegian?!) Boeing 737 back then)
Newcastle Airport were forecasting 10million passengers by now and yet only achieved 5.3m last year. Bristol by comparison from a similar level in 2007 achieved 8.3m last year. Other regional airports have similarly grown since the depression of 2008.

I wonder if anyone can identify exactly where routes with volume number of passengers have been lost from those years (circa and before 2007 - before Emirates and LCC gains)

Route Development and Marketing teams at Airport should be brought to task on such a terrible under performance.

I hope their ambitions won't backfire on them.
When it's the only significant airport in the area it should be doing better,

I had a very smooth passage through the airport yesterday, though the mystery remains how my hand luggage went into the xray machine in a basket but came out on its own, though they could do with buying a new belt getting the bags on and off the planes. I didn't know a motor could turn so slowly and lots of wasted time by the baggage handlers waiting for the next case to come down.

SWBKCB
18th Sep 2018, 18:32
Comparison between 2006 and 2017

Increase of more than 50,000 pax

DUBAI 237,856 - new service
ALICANTE 167,298
PALMA 95,876
MALAGA 91,338
DUBLIN 91,072
ARRECIFE 88,869
TENERIFE 81,011
FARO 63,096

Decrease of more than 50,000 pax

SHARM EL SHEIKH -53,596 - route dropped
SANDEFJORD(TORP) -56,145 - route dropped
PRAGUE -61,057
BRISTOL -76,291
ROME (CIAMPINO) -80,752 - route dropped
GATWICK -216,312 - route dropped
STANSTED -303,682 - route dropped

canberra97
18th Sep 2018, 19:57
Why else would they reduce the frequency?

Easy to blame the airport, but if people don't buy the flights available? The relatively poor economic performance of the region is probably more of a factor.

BTW, I thought Braathens were bought by SAS? CPH was never a Braathens flight and wasn't Oslo BA Connect? Stavanger is still operated by bmi Regional daily except Saturday (don't think Braathens had a Saturday service either)

Your correct in your comment regarding Braathens being taken over by SAS, the connection that was made with Norwegian is irrelevant.

Flightrider
18th Sep 2018, 20:38
There was a time when both Braathens and Dan-Air operated NCL-BGO and NCL-FBU. Dan had a daily NCL-BGO-SVG-NCL 146 operation and a daily NCL-FBU-NCL operation with either 146 or 1-11-500. Braathens had a 737 operation on NCL-BGO and FBU, I think it was around five flights per week on each. Dan also did NCL-Gothenburg at one point. It was back in the day when the Metro Centre was new, in all fairness!

I don't recall BA Connect ever flying NCL-Oslo (happy to stand corrected) but I do remember Norwegian Air Shuttle having a short-lived go at NCL-Bergen after Braathens disappeared - I think it was with Fokker 50s as they had at the time.

SWBKCB
18th Sep 2018, 20:59
Without turning this into a nostalgia thread, BA Connect definitely did Oslo on the EMB-145. Norwegian Air Shuttle did use Fk.50s' after Braathens dropped away.

ash666
19th Sep 2018, 12:25
If I tie my suitcase zips with a safety pin would the baggage handlers take if off?

sixchannel
19th Sep 2018, 12:44
If I tie my suitcase zips with a safety pin would the baggage handlers take if off?
I doubt they'd even notice.
But if its "security" you're bothered about, FWIW I tie mine together with those cheapo tieraps that you can buy a big pack of in the Pound stores for - er - a Pound. Spares go in the suitcase for return trip. Never had one removed or tampered with and we do 10 - 12 flights a year.

skyhawk1
19th Sep 2018, 12:59

think it could be quite dangerous if the pin opens and sticks into people. Better idea is use a bit of string and take spare for return journey.

Jamesair
19th Sep 2018, 15:55
Looking at Ryanair for Summer 2019 as loaded so far and comparing it with this Summer, we seem to have lost Warsaw and Madrid with reductions on Dublin 11 (from 13) weekly
, Malaga 4 (from 5 weekly) Tenerife 2 (from 3 weekly), A loss of 8 flights per week. Is the Carlisle effect still worrying Ryanair and Aer Lingus?

SWBKCB
19th Sep 2018, 16:01
Is the Carlisle effect still worrying Ryanair and Aer Lingus?

WTF??? :ugh:

sixchannel
19th Sep 2018, 16:57
WTF??? :ugh:
LMAO ! ! I dont think they have anything to worry about.

highwideandugly
19th Sep 2018, 17:52
Wow..interesting morning due winds!, thought the “ toon” would have picked up a lot more diversions than they did?

Up in the air..these flyer types surely would be looking for nearest diversions and not going off to places like Manchester so much further away?

never mind keep your regular customers happy! ( exactly the ones who diverted!)!

Chesty Morgan
19th Sep 2018, 18:07
The nearest destinations were just as bad as Newcastle today, some were worse.

Jamesair
19th Sep 2018, 19:30
Both have reduced frequencies and Carlisle - Dublin, planned for March 19, headbanging or not, will take some pax who would probably have flown from NCL

ash666
19th Sep 2018, 22:47
Re. safety pins, I've used them in all sorts of situations and never known one to accidentally fall off but mine went missing on my recent trip.
I though I would get away with the plastic coated metal ties but no matter how many times I twisted one it pulled apart easily when I pulled on the zips.
I'm not bothered about security, I just don't want all my clothes to fall out but use something that is easy to get off at the other end.

SWBKCB
20th Sep 2018, 06:45
Both have reduced frequencies and Carlisle - Dublin, planned for March 19, headbanging or not, will take some pax who would probably have flown from NCL

The date for the tickets to go on sale for the CAX-DUB service hasn't even been announced yet.

I would suggest that there are more substantive reasons behind Ryanair and Aer Lingus reducing frequencies - if the routes are so marginal that RYR and EIR are "worrying" about the impact of a planned daily 34 seater turboprop from an unproven, unopened airport, things are worse than we thought... :ok:

GrahamK
20th Sep 2018, 07:54
Berlin next to be dropped by the looks of it

Jamesair
20th Sep 2018, 08:34
Split is no longer listed by EZY so that has definately gone

JonnyH
20th Sep 2018, 09:36
The ZTH flight is now showing Delayed 21:45 thats around 37 Hour delay and is now Scheduled to be flown by G-TCDM

LCO gone tech again this morning.

fl dutchman
20th Sep 2018, 09:50
Split.
I think this could be on the next release.

Same happened last time as it starts end June early July ?

Jamesair
20th Sep 2018, 10:23
Probably right....but not looking good for Berlin...you never know, it could still show

SWBKCB
20th Sep 2018, 10:27
Newcastle Airport would get three new routes if air passenger tax was abolished, report says (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/newcastle-airport-would-three-new-15174831)

Research commissioned by trade body Airlines UK identified 66 potential new connections that could be more viable if the tax was abolished, including links from Newcastle (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/newcastle-international-airport) to Birmingham, the Portuguese capital Lisbon and Marrakesh, in Morocco.

HH6702
20th Sep 2018, 10:27
Berlin isn't on sale either from Manchester but talk is next week it will show as new route from TXL so maybe NCL will be the same? Any better?

im sure that spilt is used by some of the tour operators so it will be running hopefully

JonnyH
20th Sep 2018, 11:10
Berlin isn't on sale either from Manchester but talk is next week it will show as new route from TXL so maybe NCL will be the same? Any better?

im sure that spilt is used by some of the tour operators so it will be running hopefully

EZY schedule is on sale for summer 19 so doubt it.

sixchannel
20th Sep 2018, 11:40
Where? Still in ZTH?
I wonder if this could end up a long, long, no pax ferry back to UK, not above 10k, cart down so not above say 200kts (or whatever) to get it mended here. Or is it a way more serious issue?

VentureGo
20th Sep 2018, 12:39
Where? Still in ZTH?
I wonder if this could end up a long, long, no pax ferry back to UK, not above 10k, cart down so not above say 200kts (or whatever) to get it mended here. Or is it a way more serious issue?

Apparently not (still in ZTH)

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/yl-lco

If above from FR24 is correct
Returned to NCL as MT4805 yesterday morning at 06:45 then Outward bound from NCL to DLM to NWI to DLM to Newcastle (arriving back at NCL at 03:52 this morning - It is next planned outbound to DLM this evening (6.15pm as MT688)
p.s. G-TCDB which has been brought in for this morning's delayed Lanzarote service (currently departing MAN for positioning to NCL) will not be back to NCL until late evening/early hours tomorrow morning. At the moment FR24 is showing MT688 to DLM at 6.15pm is being operated by YL-LCO (although this could change - No delay is showing on Newcastle Departure board for Dalaman as yet)

HH6702
20th Sep 2018, 13:58
Berlin we should find out next week or when new routes are out on sale

cant see Berlin dropped from Manchester like

eye2eye5
20th Sep 2018, 14:06
Berlin is loaded from Liverpool.

nclops
20th Sep 2018, 15:39
YLLCO suffered a bird strike on arrival back from DLM this morning so not The aircrafts fault this time!

Falcon900LX
20th Sep 2018, 19:03
on YL-LCO the hefty delay at ZTH was a stab trim fault, seems to be less issue ridden than LY-VEN/P that we had last year. It'll be the same next year however another marginally airworthly A320 to hammer during the summer. 2/3 tech delays are enough to not bother TCX.

JonnyH
20th Sep 2018, 19:56
on YL-LCO the hefty delay at ZTH was a stab trim fault, seems to be less issue ridden than LY-VEN/P that we had last year. It'll be the same next year however another marginally airworthly A320 to hammer during the summer. 2/3 tech delays are enough to not bother TCX.

Very true. I remember YL-LCL that we had a few years ago and that was truly awful. They do get absolutely hammered during the summer though.

sixchannel
20th Sep 2018, 20:37
Very true. I remember YL-LCL that we had a few years ago and that was truly awful. They do get absolutely hammered during the summer though.
And BHX has LCV, although in fairness its not doing too badly.

DanAir89
20th Sep 2018, 23:06
Berlin is loaded from Liverpool.
NCL airport have confirmed on Twitter that it’s been dropped for summer 2019.

Given lack of new routes/continuation of old routes we’ll have to settle for wondering if TUI 738’s swap out at all before the end of the summer - must be months now since the last change!!!

bigjim99
21st Sep 2018, 07:25
Anyone have a clue what happend with the ORK last night?

skyman771
21st Sep 2018, 08:05
NCL airport have confirmed on Twitter that it’s been dropped for summer 2019.

Given lack of new routes/continuation of old routes we’ll have to settle for wondering if TUI 738’s swap out at all before the end of the summer - must be months now since the last change!!!
"We!"??, don't think so !, your comments & indeed sentiment would be more appropriate on the "Reggies" forum.....

DanAir89
21st Sep 2018, 10:16
"We!"??, don't think so !, your comments & indeed sentiment would be more appropriate on the "Reggies" forum.....
tongue in cheek is lost on some people.
how many times is YL LCo mentioned above!

ash666
21st Sep 2018, 10:50
Looks like I've been missing some fun and games with the weather.

An "interesting" day at NCL here:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/see-skilled-pilots-land-planes-15181291

jensdad
21st Sep 2018, 23:59
From overhearing someone else listening to the tower frequency this evening ;) I gather that a Gulfstream wanted to overnight at NCL but, due to there being no parking space, had to go to Farnborough to come back in tomorrow morning. If true, a reflection of the healthy fortunes of the airport, but sounds like they need to get their skates on and build some new stands.

highwideandugly
22nd Sep 2018, 07:32
Sounds like a little imagination was needed by someone..plus a slide rule!

SWBKCB
22nd Sep 2018, 08:01
Possibly - though there was 8 large biz n/s, plus a private 738, an extra BA night stopper as well as the full complement of summer based a/c. I thought it was meant to be a bad year for grouse??

highwideandugly
22nd Sep 2018, 10:43
It is for the ones they shoot!!

jensdad
22nd Sep 2018, 11:28
Sounds like a little imagination was needed by someone..plus a slide rule!
My thoughts exactly. I have no expertise in stand management but I remember the days when they used to park 4x737s/1-11s across the old stands 2 to 4, and they could stick 2 or 3 F27s/748s on one of the pier-end stands. Never seems to happen these days. Me being a bit of an eco-warrior, it would be disappointing if a Gulfstream made a return trip to FAE when it was possible to squeeze it in somewhere.

HH6702
22nd Sep 2018, 12:08
What about the old mail stands is that full also

SWBKCB
22nd Sep 2018, 12:33
What about the old mail stands is that full also

Yes - the modern Globals and Gulfs are not small!

highwideandugly
22nd Sep 2018, 18:27
Modern world guys...business is hard to come by..dare I say it..more so in the NE...you find a away and keep the customer and reputation in tact! Remember the ash cloud..Newcastle was amazing in what they did to accommodate those flights..tell me..what has changed?

that cargo apron..must be able to accommodate more than three business aircraft..even largish ones?
anyone been to Luton..squeezed in together all over..!

NCL-TRC
23rd Sep 2018, 06:22
Modern world guys...business is hard to come by..dare I say it..more so in the NE...you find a away and keep the customer and reputation in tact! Remember the ash cloud..Newcastle was amazing in what they did to accommodate those flights..tell me..what has changed?

that cargo apron..must be able to accommodate more than three business aircraft..even largish ones?
anyone been to Luton..squeezed in together all over..!

If you look at the Aerodrome manual and docking charts you’ll see there’s only three stands on the Golf apron 60,61 and 62. I’ve seen the larger Gulfstreams parked up on there whilst the two mail aircraft were on there too and it was tight enough. Unfortunately under normal circumstances you can’t just stick aircraft anywhere, the ash cloud was a slightly different set of circumstances.

N707ZS
23rd Sep 2018, 09:20
Interesting they didn't send them down the road! Must be cheaper than Farnborough! Perhaps ground servicing might be an issue.

Beatts
23rd Sep 2018, 10:10
https://flic.kr/p/83c5Bm

Regarding the ashcloud, at one point jet2 had 20 aircraft on the deck up here!!

Also remember the BA invasion? Some photo opportunity that was :ooh:

JonnyH
23rd Sep 2018, 10:31
tongue in cheek is lost on some people.
how many times is YL LCo mentioned above!

At least it’s related to the thread and not some made up nonsense..

DanAir89
23rd Sep 2018, 11:16
At least it’s related to the thread and not some made up nonsense..
grow up - read the original comment confirming the loss of the Berlin route.

Then note that that there is no further speculation regarding profitability of the route and that they should have kept it going blah blah blah.

further there is then no follow up saying well if they based another aircraft and opened up routes to Lisbon, Munich and Madrid for example they would make a killing.

Where’s the non sense Jonny??

more than happy to discuss the demographics of the north east, Brexit, the effect of Airport departure tax, business models, etc etc on the airport anytime you wish 😀

and perhaps there is no need to swap Tui 737’s as they are so reliable unlike the subject matter discussed above.

jensdad
23rd Sep 2018, 16:02
Unfortunately under normal circumstances you can’t just stick aircraft anywhere, the ash cloud was a slightly different set of circumstances.
I'm ready to be flamed here but, putting my eco-warrior hat on again, one of the changes in behaviour that is needed to deal with climate change will be more use of what highwideandugly describes as 'imagination and a slide rule', not just in aviation but in any CO2 producing industry. As I say, I'm an outsider looking in, but if the ash cloud could be dealt with in the way it was without compromising safety, I am sceptical that they couldn't fit an extra Gulfstream in anywhere (07 run up area even?) to save an unnecessary return trip to FAE.
Reet, I'll get off me soapbox (and retreat to a safe distance).

nclops
23rd Sep 2018, 16:35
The ash cloud also happened in late April / early May at a time when the Summer program wasn’t in full swing so there was extra parking stands anyway as well as extra stands available due to many cancellations by other airlines. Not once that I can remember were any aircraft parked in Taxiways or run up areas. I’m fairly sure the airport will have various heath and safety regulations as well as potential insurance issues that go against parking anywhere other than designated parking stands other than in exceptional circumstances.

On Thursday night / Fri morning there wasn’t a spare parking stand in sight thanks to the extra business jets, the Stobart that didn’t return to ORK due weather, the extra BA night stopper at the moment and the EZY TLV-MAN diversion that came in the early hours!

highwideandugly
23rd Sep 2018, 17:42
Out of interest..that gulfstream didn’t bother to come back,it went to Carlisle the next day..oh well...

milhouse999
24th Sep 2018, 08:01
TUI have added a Thursday NCL - CFU from next summer according to their schedule, leaving at 0600hrs. This brings the Corfu route up to 4 days a week with various airlines. Good news for us as we use the route 6 times a year. Anyone know what it's replaced?

TheLambtonWorm
24th Sep 2018, 11:34
I can't post a link as I don't have enough privileges but if you search Newcastle Airport on Youtube there's a video by JWinton filmed during Storm Ali last Wednesday 19th. Its called Storm Ali Go arounds & HEAVY Crosswinds 50kt+ at Newcastle Airport and includes an Emirates go around.

HH6702
24th Sep 2018, 20:24
Airport a little update
timetable not updated but main timetable page has with winter 2018/9 and summer 2019 new routes

hopefully not much longer

GrahamK
27th Sep 2018, 05:51
Easyjet Split now available for S19, 2 x weekly

SWBKCB
28th Sep 2018, 05:36
Metro journeys to Newcastle Airport reach a record high (https://nexus.org.uk/news/item/metro-journeys-newcastle-airport-reach-record-high)

SWBKCB
28th Sep 2018, 05:40
And on the same day...

Newcastle Airport expansion plans slammed as 'harmful' to health in the North East - says Green Party (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-airport-expansion-plans-slammed-15209873)

Now there's a surprise

N707ZS
28th Sep 2018, 07:28
No need to expand when there is spare capacity in the region.. hat coat shut door.....

sixchannel
28th Sep 2018, 07:50
And on the same day...

Newcastle Airport expansion plans slammed as 'harmful' to health in the North East - says Green Party (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-airport-expansion-plans-slammed-15209873)

Now there's a surprise
Wonder how many stick to their principles and NEVER fly anywhere - or is it only other people's flights that are harmful?

JonnyH
28th Sep 2018, 12:11
TUI have added a Thursday NCL - CFU from next summer according to their schedule, leaving at 0600hrs. This brings the Corfu route up to 4 days a week with various airlines. Good news for us as we use the route 6 times a year. Anyone know what it's replaced?

They have a Thursday flight on this years schedule so can only assume it’s a slot adjustment.

LiamNCL
28th Sep 2018, 17:06
Thomas Cook sent a memo to cabin crew that the A320 has been dropped for 2019 and is down to 2x A321

it stated that the group had to reduce ACMI partners from 23 to 15 and that analysis showed NCL to be the least profitable in the UK.

Room for Jet2 to add another 738 ?

GrahamK
28th Sep 2018, 19:52
Thomas Cook sent a memo to cabin crew that the A320 has been dropped for 2019 and is down to 2x A321

it stated that the group had to reduce ACMI partners from 23 to 15 and that analysis showed NCL to be the least profitable in the UK.

I assume not. Could be some big decline in pax numbers at this rate.

LiamNCL
28th Sep 2018, 20:02

Poor from Thomas Cook the flights were loaded for 2019 with a Thursday TFS added. Seems like they have shook things up since their profit warnings and ultimatley ACMI aircraft have cut back with NCL suffering the only UK Casualty.

jensdad
28th Sep 2018, 20:05
No need to expand when there is spare capacity in the region.. hat coat shut door.....
No need at all to get your coat or shut any doors, N707. You're right.

SWBKCB
28th Sep 2018, 20:51
No need at all to get your coat or shut any doors, N707. You're right.

Not really - the Greens are against the increase in flights, they will pollute wherever they fly from.

OltonPete
28th Sep 2018, 21:28
Poor from Thomas Cook the flights were loaded for 2019 with a Thursday TFS added. Seems like they have shook things up since their profit warnings and ultimatley ACMI aircraft have cut back with NCL suffering the only UK Casualty.

Not strictly true if you look at my post on the BHX thread. BHX lost 7 weekly flights (including two destinations) yesterday from the 2019 schedule and although this only equates to half a based unit (6 were away based and one night based flight) it is still a significant loss but granted not as bad as Newcastle. I have not checked across the fleet about other loses and it is difficult at times to tell as I don't know the full schedules coupled with the fact that some threads don't post bad news due to excessive use of rose tinted glasses.

Pete

LiamNCL
28th Sep 2018, 22:40
Not strictly true if you look at my post on the BHX thread. BHX lost 7 weekly flights (including two destinations) yesterday from the 2019 schedule and although this only equates to half a based unit (6 were away based and one night based flight) it is still a significant loss but granted not as bad as Newcastle. I have not checked across the fleet about other loses and it is difficult at times to tell as I don't know the full schedules coupled with the fact that some threads don't post bad news due to excessive use of rose tinted glasses.

Pete

Didnt realise BHX had lost a good handful aswell although we lost a based A320 , 3 out of 7 days this summer one of our based aircraft did a W pattern which isnt the case next summer at least.

sixchannel
29th Sep 2018, 07:08
To quote my 'locally produced' wife - "Tell'em that because of oor grand Summa, we're aal gannin' back to wor Whitley Bee an' the Spanna Wullie."
You can take the girl out of Northumberland but -. - -.

L66MBD
29th Sep 2018, 19:21

Flew ACE-NCL mid-july on an A321 and counted 18 spare seats (that I could see). Sunday lunchtime flight so no dodgy flight times. Can't be good for mid-summer so perhaps a sign of sensible adjustments for next year.

Also, was under the impression that the ACMI partners were a cost saving measure over operating own metal. Anyone correct this?

cheers

LiamNCL
29th Sep 2018, 21:42
Flew ACE-NCL mid-july on an A321 and counted 18 spare seats (that I could see). Sunday lunchtime flight so no dodgy flight times. Can't be good for mid-summer so perhaps a sign of sensible adjustments for next year.

Also, was under the impression that the ACMI partners were a cost saving measure over operating own metal. Anyone correct this?

cheers

The NCL A320 made profit just not as much as other bases & the group decided to cut their partners down for 2019 imagine a big cut in Germany.

L66MBD
30th Sep 2018, 00:21
How do you know this? # just asking

LiamNCL
30th Sep 2018, 06:22
How do you know this? # just asking

how do i know what ? that its dropped ? I was shown a email from commercial support sent to NCL cabin crew. Routes like MAH REU BJV BOJ EFL no longer on the system either. The insist they are fully committed to Newcastle with two based A321 & 400,000 seats on sale for summer 2019.

JonnyH
30th Sep 2018, 07:26
Anyone know why Flybe/Eastern seem to have had 1-2 flights cancelled per day over the last 2/3 weeks? Cardiff especially seems to be cancelled quite frequently.

JonnyH
30th Sep 2018, 07:27

Quite surprising. Will we be getting anything on a W pattern, perhaps?

DanAir89
30th Sep 2018, 13:03
Thomas cook haven’t had a good week announcing 2018 profits much less than expected and share price Nearly at an all time low.

So the positives for NCL are that we can’t have solely contributed to the group’s poor performance AND at least the operation here was profitable (albeit other bases were more profitable).

The empty seats this summer ties in with their trading update - hot summer and world
Cup so people staying at home or booking late. I was surprised at the number of empty seats on a BY 757 to RHO in 2000 mid summer but that flight continues to operate today.

However, IIRC in 2001 when JMC and First Choice “colluded” to shut the Ncl AIr 2000 base and just share the JMC 757, Thomson responded by basing a 767 and increased this in 2003 to a 763.

So, perhaps TUI or Jet2 will respond by increasing capacity.

reports have suggested that the 7/14 night holiday has died over recent years and flexible durations were the way to go. If TC aren't able to do this anymore from NCL with only 2 aircraft may get more difficult for them.

But, I’m not sure if the massive debt that A former MD loaded the airport with is still there but it would be interesting to know if this affects the airports ability to offer incentives to operators.

HH6702
30th Sep 2018, 16:49
They will have to now edit the programme
lets hope routes aren't dropped just cut frequencies

SWBKCB
30th Sep 2018, 17:01
lets hope routes aren't dropped just cut frequencies

Why? Higher frequencies on fewer routes gived the customer more flexibility on the duration of their stay which might be more profitable

LiamNCL
30th Sep 2018, 19:03
The flight system has 3x TCX A321 departures from NCL on Tuesdays 2019
NBE / TFS / PMI morning
HER / DLM afternoon

HH6702
30th Sep 2018, 20:15
We will have to wait to see what happens I can't see them using 3x A321 all week maybe the odd days

maybe they will be able to use other carriers for odd flights like AEA does the PMI flights for TUI so they aren't using another carrier under the TCX brand

LiamNCL
30th Sep 2018, 22:27
We will have to wait to see what happens I can't see them using 3x A321 all week maybe the odd days

maybe they will be able to use other carriers for odd flights like AEA does the PMI flights for TUI so they aren't using another carrier under the TCX brand

May end up being a few W patterns strange that its showing 3x A321 Tuesday mornings

HH6702
1st Oct 2018, 06:53
This summer we had a extra A321 on a Sunday as the aircraft came up from Manchester to do the ACE flight before going back to Manchester

sixchannel
1st Oct 2018, 08:03
This summer we had a extra A321 on a Sunday as the aircraft came up from Manchester to do the ACE flight before going back to Manchester
As a complete non-aviation industry layman I ask - was that all in one day and one crew?
Is that a 'normal' practice to fill in schedules and aircraft requirements this way?
Ignoring preparation times for the flight deck crew -
MAN-NCL say 1 hour f!ying time
NCL-ACE a good 4 hours
ACE-NCL same again.
NCL-MAN an hour.
All plus turn round times at destinations.
Perhaps someone could give us insight into how all that worked.

NCL-TRC
1st Oct 2018, 08:28

Erm, unless I’ve been living under a rock all summer, no we didn’t.

HH6702
1st Oct 2018, 08:31
Im sure we did I will check FR24
we picked up a 7hr delay the other week due to delayed aircraft at Manchester

JonnyH
1st Oct 2018, 09:43
Im sure we did I will check FR24
we picked up a 7hr delay the other week due to delayed aircraft at Manchester

We don’t. I seem to recall ACE was operated by a relief aircraft a couple of weeks ago due to a tech issue but that’s all I’ve seen.

HH6702
1st Oct 2018, 10:09
Was it the LCA then I'm sure I seen an aircraft come up from Manchester on a Sunday then go back after operating a flight unless I only ever noticed it on tech days

GrahamK
1st Oct 2018, 12:43
MAN based 321 have been used to cover flights when YL-thingy goes tech

nclops
1st Oct 2018, 15:52
Was it the LCA then I'm sure I seen an aircraft come up from Manchester on a Sunday then go back after operating a flight unless I only ever noticed it on tech days
We definitely don’t have any flights this summer operated by non based aircraft. All flights are by NCL based units! The relief aircraft has had to come in from MAN quite a few times to cover delays though.

JonnyH
1st Oct 2018, 17:54
Titan 757 in today for the diverted DLM which went into BJV due to weather.

skyhawk1
1st Oct 2018, 19:25
We definitely don’t have any flights this summer operated by non based aircraft. All flights are by NCL based units! The relief aircraft has had to come in from MAN quite a few times to cover delays though.
all. Let’s put this one to bed. Nclops you are correct on what you say. Regarding 3 x flights on tue morning, as it’s quite early for bookings would expect either 1 - use of other based aircraft on W pattern. 2 - use foreign aircraft i e AEA in Palma, Tunis Air in NBE. 3 - buy seats as needed of other carriers. (Jet 2, TUI, Easyjet) 4- knock 1 of them on the head. Time will tell.

Travel Agent
2nd Oct 2018, 09:35
Looks like TC have pulled Bodrum for next summer. Edit: And Reus - not suprised at Bodrum but Reus is always popular with families!

Travel Agent
2nd Oct 2018, 10:14
Looks like TC are dropping an aircraft as from what I can see they have dropped Bodrum, Reus, Kos, Menorca and Gran Canaria.

LiamNCL
2nd Oct 2018, 10:19
Looks like TC are dropping an aircraft as from what I can see they have dropped Bodrum, Reus, Kos, Menorca and Gran Canaria.

Dropped the ACMI A320 as above

JonnyH
2nd Oct 2018, 17:27
Likely a vicious circle for pax though and the airport to an extent - they’ll book on other carriers i.e Jet2 and TUI. But this just drives up the costs which means it’s likely people will travel elsewhere if cost is substantially lower.

LiamNCL
4th Oct 2018, 10:18
Nouvelair will operate for Thomas Cook on the NCL - NBE route between May - Oct 2019

SWBKCB
4th Oct 2018, 10:25
Nouvelair will operate for Thomas Cook on the NCL - NBE route between May - Oct 2019

Thanks - be interesting to see what impact the removal of the leased NCL-based 320 has, especially if there is more none TCX operated fights, fewer 'W' flights by NCL based a/c and more TCX 'W' flights into NCL.

sixchannel
4th Oct 2018, 12:21
Thanks - be interesting to see what impact the removal of the leased NCL-based 320 has, especially if there is more none TCX operated fights, fewer 'W' flights by NCL based a/c and more TCX 'W' flights into NCL.

Maybe its the planned beginning of the end for TC and its their way of dropping slowly out of the scene.
Either way, Tunisia, a dodgy holiday choice anyway, is completely off the menu now the flight itself has been handed off (to me at any rate) to some second tier 'private' operator.