PDA

View Full Version : BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

eastern wiseguy
3rd Feb 2011, 15:21
can spend £30million odd on the runway

I would suggest that this is not a discretionary spend.

gate 22
3rd Feb 2011, 15:36
They could even try to bribe the DRDNI by funding a Rail Halt. It doesn't even need to be a Station!

I would say that if BFS don't shove a bit of dynamite up their :mad::mad: and get the numbers substantially up then Translink will start cutting the bus right down. I think on a Tuesday there aint any arrivals between around 11.00 and 14.00!!!!
I can see no justification for spending money on a station.

BFS101
3rd Feb 2011, 16:05
Think off all those who come and drop people of and wait a while until there friends/family have to go through departures. Where can they eat or drink or relax together... no where!
A pitiful little Cafe Ritazza in the check-in hall!!!

Though in saying that, with the £1 drop off, airport parking prices, coupled with how commonplace flying has become, I doubt may passengers would be accompanied by non-travellers for any great length. Gone are the days when the whole family had a day to the airport to see the relatives off on holiday.

Shopping is abysmal but I guess its all based on demand. Clockwork Orange and DV8 both tried outlets, and both I believe closed. Dixons also had a store but closed.

Aaron9890
3rd Feb 2011, 18:39
AAR97CW Cardiff 18:30 DIVERTED FROM

does anyone know what airline this is, quite curious.
also good too see BD back on the board.

Regarding the Spanish, just because they specialize in roads doesn't mean they constantly need to keep thinking of resurfacing at BFS. I dont know how bad the situation is with the taxiways and runway, maybe it does need changed badly but look at the state of the building itself. Should they not be more concerned in concentrating on making the place attractive for visitors and getting the numbers back up. Trying to advertise the airport to airlines etc. I honestly think the approach the are taking towards the airport is completely wrong

Aaron9890
3rd Feb 2011, 19:07
Kos and Orlando direct from Belfast - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/)

eastern wiseguy
3rd Feb 2011, 19:16
Should they not be more concerned in concentrating on making the place attractive for visitors

Try running an airport without a serviceable runway:ugh:

Aaron9890
3rd Feb 2011, 20:05
eastern wiseguy, I did mention I didn't know what state the runway was at

tigger2k8
3rd Feb 2011, 21:09
Let's just say its still safe obviously, but does need done. As far as I'm aware DV8 hasn't opened yet, I think its still due to come. The runway will be the only major investment this year, if it does go ahead this year. I can't see much more changing, with the exception of the minor work left to complete in the shopping area in depatures

Once things recover in the airline world I'm sure they will sort things out, but it won't be this year.

ILS25
3rd Feb 2011, 21:19
Runway is in a bad state, constantly needs patching. Funny, I was watching an episode of Luton Airport on Sky the other day and they were resurfacing a stretch of runway 100m X 30m. They closed the runway at midnight, stripped off the old tarmac down to the concrete base, cut tracks for AGL cables, installed new bases for AGL fittings, resurfaced and had the runway open for the first landing traffic at 5 am. 5 hours work.

In comparison BFS had 100m X 30m of runway resurfaced abeam bravo taxiway 2 weeks ago. Less work needed done (no replacement of AGL) and it took them over 24 hours, ok BFS have the luxury of another runway but I would say it's going to be fun when they do resurface 25/07, so if they say It's going to take 2 months,expect it to be 3.

Husky One
3rd Feb 2011, 23:02
Last weeks runway repair was a farce. Yes it's good to have another runway just a pity they can't be bothered bringing the ils back up to cat1. Several go arounds that day due to weather and then when it finally cleared up later on inbounds still had to hold due to congestion on the ground. I don't think the resurfacing plan is a voluntary move. There is a rumour circulating that they have been required to do it by the end of 2011.

tigger2k8
8th Feb 2011, 17:01
2 new xray machines being installed in the baggage bay from tomorrow. Only 1 belt in operation at a time until work is finished, could have an impact on check-in if the system gets overloaded...

ILS25
8th Feb 2011, 18:54
Doubt it will get busy enough to overload the baggage system, even at 50% capacity.
Between 11am and 1pm today there were no arrivals or departures except for military and light aircraft from the GAT. The place is slowly dying !!!!

tigger2k8
8th Feb 2011, 20:12
*sigh* yes its quiet, but its the time of the year also.., but the fact that theres still the early morning depature rush between 0600-1000 which includes, EZY, EI, TCX, CO and LS.. have you seen the bay operate on 1 belt before, infact have you been in the bay? Its not exactly massive. Sure they have picked a good time of the year, providing it gets done on schedule (already 2 days behind) but even in winter 0600-1000 will test the system. If the belt gets full, which in my opinion will hold around 100 bags at a time before the sensors think its full, then it will shut down the rest of the system including the belts at the check-in desks until space appears...

ILS25
8th Feb 2011, 20:28
Agree with you about the early morning rush. I am in the baggage make up hall quite often and you are right about the system backing up, its called die-back. It really becomes a problem when the check-in belts stop and the guys and girls at the desks panic and start piling the bags up on top of each other to get passengers checked in, when the system then restarts it cannot cope as the sensors do not see any spaces between the bags. Bags then have to be man handled to put them back on the belt in some sort of order that will let the system run, been there and it is a nightmare.

BFS101
8th Feb 2011, 21:37
Summer flights to Rhodes announced by Olympic Holidays. And not just peak season! Operates from 25 May, through to 14 september.

New flight to Rhodes from Belfast - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/3/29/new-flight-to-rhodes-from-belfast.html)

gate 22
10th Feb 2011, 09:33
Those conveyor belts would need to be working well this morning!!

tigger2k8
10th Feb 2011, 10:59
They are both still running today, they are currently reinforcing parts of the split level near the xray machines as the new ones are considerably heavier

gate 22
11th Feb 2011, 11:04
EZY605 Liverpool 14:05
EZY6744 Geneva 14:40
EZY6756 Malaga 14:40
EZY609 Liverpool 15:05
EZY609 Liverpool 16:00
EI 0045 Lanzarote 16:10

Is the 15.05 arrival from Liverpool a mistake, or is a ghost flight coming in to operate the 15.30 to Stansted. The 15.30 is an additional rotation on a Friday. Although there are quite a few EZY's available for this rotation.

ards_boy
13th Feb 2011, 15:03
I'm sure when easy move their services to EGAC the bay will cope perfectly on one system ;) :E

Bfs bloke
13th Feb 2011, 16:24
As if!!!:rolleyes:

tigger2k8
13th Feb 2011, 18:30
Ah and theres the monthly troll post

ards_boy
14th Feb 2011, 00:18
Tehe just being a pure wind up merchant ;)

In all honesty these days I am neutral to which airport I use , both have pros and con! Although 25 is getting a Tad bumpy!

tigger2k8
15th Feb 2011, 03:54
The first BFS-MLA will depart today 156 booked out, helped by half-term no doubt.

BFS101
15th Feb 2011, 11:43
With the previous comments about performance to Malta on the A319, did all bags and passengers go?? I take it that the A319 will be operating the Malta route right through the summer?? Good to see a full load!

Press release from the airport website:
Take off for new easyJet route to Malta - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/3/30/take-off-for-new-easyjet-route-to-malta.html)

tigger2k8
15th Feb 2011, 16:10
Yes BFS, All bags (just over 100 i believe) and passengers went without any issues, not sure how they got around the problem but it was a big enough concern at one stage for them to consider restricting flights or using the A320.. as far as im aware the A319 will be used throughout summer

edit - G-EJAR was used today, not sure if this is a 64T,66T or 68T but im guessing one of the last 2.

Husky One
15th Feb 2011, 18:24
Using an A319 with 68t mtow. It's still tight even with that. Given that last summer 68t airframes were like rocking horse sh*t in bfs its only a matter of time before this gets cocked up. The ski charter last week had to tech stop due to using a 64t aircraft. Repeated use of 64t aircraft last summer caused many woes.. Let's see if any lessons have been learned :ugh:

Husky One
15th Feb 2011, 18:32
Using an A319 with 68t mtow. It's still tight even with that. Given that last summer 68t airframes were like rocking horse sh*t in bfs its only a matter of time before this gets cocked up. The ski charter last week had to tech stop due to using a 64t aircraft. Repeated use of 64t aircraft last summer caused many woes.. Let's see if any lessons have been learned :ugh:

gate 22
23rd Feb 2011, 08:54
Any news yet

BFS-BHX 2nd largest British city zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BFS-MAN 3rd largest British city zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BFS-EMA zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz
BFS-CWL (their bosses own both these airports) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BFS-LTN (their bosses own both these airports)zzzzzzz
BFS-TORONTO zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BFS-SANFORD (full program) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If BE are talking to LDY then they are talking to BFS.
If FR are expanding at LDY, is that a sign of no more negotiations with BFS? (will EZY now expand at BFS)

CARNMANORLAD
23rd Feb 2011, 09:24
Will we see EI TFS pax fall again this year with the addition of FR from LDY? Surely a huge amount of pax who use EI will have been from the north west and will use FR as they will probably be a lot cheaper? Then again have FR announced TFS a little late with most people booking early etc?

gate 22
23rd Feb 2011, 09:40
Will we see EI TFS pax fall again this year with the addition of FR from LDY? Surely a huge amount of pax who use EI will have been from the north west and will use FR as they will probably be a lot cheaper? Then again have FR announced TFS a little late with most people booking early etc?

Who knows!!!
I don't about you and your circle and I say this honestly. Most people I know refuse to fly with FR. Some however have to on occasion as they have no choice. Those who are strapped for cash would also avail of their mad fares. I for one would not book my holiday with FR I would choose EI any day, even if FR operated out of BFS.

CARNMANORLAD
23rd Feb 2011, 09:47
I don't about you and your circle and I say this honestly. Most people I know refuse to fly with FR.

I love FR as they get you to where you want to go at a fraction of the cost that other airlines charge. EI fares are ridiculous at times! I think in the economy at the minute most people will be happy to fly with whoevers cheapest?

eastern wiseguy
23rd Feb 2011, 11:09
I think in the economy at the minute most people will be happy to fly with whoevers cheapest?

No.....for a lot of people there is the comfort factor and the feeling that if it goes wrong there is a backup plan.

I have flown RYR on a few occasions and I can honestly say they were fine. No more no less. I think that the folks who were having bags measured and weighed before boarding may have felt differently as they parted with significant sums. It left a feeling of "cheap and grubby" in the mouth. The sectors I flew(to places I had never heard of but I figured why not try a weekend?)left me with the overwhelming feeling that I would not like to be wedged on this for any longer than possible.Hence price is NOT the overall driver for me.

BFS101
23rd Feb 2011, 12:10
I love FR as they get you to where you want to go at a fraction of the cost
What I have noticed though, if you don't book an offer fare, FR can actually be pretty expensive, never mind adding the baggage charge. I fancied a weekend in London maybe mid July, checked all the airlines from BFS and BHD to the London airports. FR seem to offer excellent offers on flights within maybe two / three months of departure, but when planning ahead they actually don't seem that fantastic on price, as you'd be lead to believe.

Just out of curiosity I checked prices to London from Dublin with FR (not that I'd consider hauling down to DUB for a domestic flight), and they turned out to be more expensive and that was cabin baggage only (plus the petrol to DUB, or LDY considering)!!!

NorthernCounties
23rd Feb 2011, 12:42
Well, I booked flights home from London for my Birthday on the 2nd April (put that in your diaries!) And I thought I'd "treat2 my self" and fly with Aer Lingus from Heathrow to BFS. What I noticed though was if I payed for a train to get from West London to Gatwick and fly with Easyjet, all the added costs put them at the exact same price. And you have the convenience... if you live in the West of just hoping on the Piccadilly Line! Let's hope there's no engineering works though!

But to give Ryr it's credit, when I used to fly from BHX to LDY whilst at Uni... without any planning, I'd sometimes end up with a return flight that was cheaper than the taxi from Derry Airport to my house. (I don't use the airport taxi stand though, they robbing sods!)

Last time I flew with Easyjet I was so frustrated with the handlers at LGW... rude and very unprefessional. A guy I spoke with/moaned with, that used the route every week couldn't believe it!

BFS101
23rd Feb 2011, 13:04
Like you say Northern Counties, it depends on ground transport costs also and perceived convenience. Base fare to LHR with BD seems about £82, and then just get your underground pass that covers Heathrow. Base fare to STN seems about £48, but then add about £30 return for the STN Express (think there's a coach option too). My eyes the BD is better value and free checked baggage thrown in.

Same in regard to the Gatwick Express (although Thames Link do run into London Bridge or Blackfriars), not sure the current train fare from Luton Parkway into London. For me if booking ahead BD is the best value for money and most convenient for hotels around Gloucester Road tube.

Gate 22, in regard to your post, number of routes may add status to an airport, but I'd imagine passengers through the door is more important to the business. A Cardiff link may look good, but if the same passengers are already using say Bristol, is it a huge advantage to the airport, and does sufficient demand really exist?

Like the recently announced TFS from LDY. Excellent news for the passengers and the NW, but from a business point of view, what's the difference between 189 passengers going to TFS, or an extra rotation to say FAO. As long as the airport is getting the people through the door, however that is acheieved (route choice is obviously a part of this), and the airport is profitable, the number of destinations served in my opinion is purely status. LHR handles many more passengers, but I believe has far less destinations than AMS, FRA etc, does that make it less successful???

tigger2k8
23rd Feb 2011, 13:22
CARNMANORLAD, im not sure that 1 flight per week from LDY is going to make passenger numbers drop dramatically, with most people booking holidays earlier it could be too late to steal sufficient traffic from BFS for the summer anyway, what you will find is there will be people who usually wouldn't travel now taking the opportunity to get themselves to TFS. Remember that people will fly with whoever is the cheapest, better timing and their preference for airline.. i know people who would fly BFS-LHR-CDG as transfer passengers just to fly with EI as they prefer them to EZY...

Hopefully people will have more money available this year and both airports can sustain the route and frequency throughout winter, lets hope for no snow. Do we know if LDY-TFS will be year round, or does it depend on how it goes over summer? Only bookable until the end of the summer schedule and the BBC news article states summer months.

BFS released (2 weeks ago) a promoational video on the new facilities, if you can stand the dodgey music in the background, it will give you a chance to see some of the newly refurbished shopping areas... can be viewed here (no sign up required) - Videos Posted by Belfast International Airport: New airside facilities at Belfast International [HD] | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150139071277228&oid=149600895094359&comments)

Lets see if Uel Hoey and the rest of them can deliver on what he suggests in the video with the domestics and potentially Dubai in the future:zzz:

cuthere
23rd Feb 2011, 14:59
Dubai from Belfast?! Using what? An islander with a few dozen tech stops on the way? If DUB can't support a DXB route, what chance BFS (or any other NI airport)?

Perhaps Uel should be concerning himself with the here and now. Pax numbers below 4million for the first time in God knows how long? BFS needs a new operator that will realistically bring new pax now, not pie in the sky pax in the future.

Whether the Spanish owners are to blame for the recent problems at BFS or not I don't know. However, the place obviously has issues that won't be sorted by the (non-)arrival of Emirates.

INKJET
23rd Feb 2011, 15:35
What BFS needs is the devolved government of NI to have the authority to set its own aviation tax regime independent of the mainland reflecting NI island status, you can't get on a train or indeed drive to elsewhere in the UK from NI.

By dumping the APD on flights departing BFS, then long haul flights from BFS would become viable with people transiting from the UK mainland.

It is grossly unfair on people who live in NI that they have to pay more in APD to travel to the UK than someone in the UK would have to pay to AMS or CDG internal flights (from NI) to elsewhere in the UK should be exempt it is this that is doing damage to overall numbers.

WW moving to BHD was a big loss and will be difficult to replace, many have written WW off as irrelevant in the airline industry as just a bit player, but forget they are now a LH company.

I cannot see anyone going on BHX/EMA from BFS given that both are served by both WW & BE, MAN may be different.

BFS main problem is the same as CWL or MME, poor catchment area and competition from other more local airports with better road links.

Lets start a campaign to dump the APD:ok::ok::ok::ok:

BFS101
23rd Feb 2011, 16:44
Remember the business supplement in the Belfast Telegraph, maybe about 4 or 5 years ago, front page headline, Emirates to Belfast, and reporting how the deal was pretty much done. Think at this stage EK at Belfast is total pie in the sky.

BFS main problem is the same as CWL or MME, poor catchment area and competition from other more local airports with better road links.

I think BFS rested on their laurels when they believed that BHD was capacity restricted, had a strict curfew and the shorter runway. They felt that most if not all expansion in NI aviation would be theirs.

Fair to a point, BHD will never handle the cargo, long-haul or late night charters, and LDY too far from the large population centres in the East of the province, however BFS really need to step it up; lobby for fair ADP in this part of the UK, really connect with their airline customers and to the public at large to ensure they are offering what the public and airlines want.

eastern wiseguy
23rd Feb 2011, 17:12
I think BFS rested on their laurels when they believed that BHD was capacity restricted, had a strict curfew and the shorter runway. They felt that most if not all expansion in NI aviation would be theirs.

I agree with that.

I also believe that the current owners are not committed to expansion.

They seem to want to "nickel and dime " people to death. That is no way to attract business pax.

Can you imagine AMS or FRA stiffing you for coin just to drive up to the front of the airport? Can you imagine what american pax must think? Used to kerbside checkin? Forget that.

Disabled and need to be brought close to the building...give us a quid!.

Main runway closed for almost a week for widening of an access road....please.

I don't blame the current management.They are merely the servants of the Spanish owners.

Good luck Mr Hoey.

Bfs bloke
23rd Feb 2011, 17:21
The Dubai flights are Belfast telegraph holidays charters , 4 or 5 through the summer if I remember correctly.

victoria73
23rd Feb 2011, 18:08
I was under the impression not all the runway was closed it wasn,t earlier today they are doing work there whats the problem.Bfs is bosses are woking on the issue of getting replacement for BHX&MAN its gonna take time on the issue of WW at BHD when the cheap landing charges fininsh and the germans get tired of throwing money at it then you will see things change there thats for sure its like having a very old car all you do is throw money at it.

BFS101
23rd Feb 2011, 18:31
The Dubai flights are Belfast telegraph holidays charters , 4 or 5 through the summer if I remember correctly.
If this is in reference to my earlier post, the Belfast Telegraph Business headline was about Emirates starting scheduled service into BFS. Like I said this may have been about 4 or 5 years ago. Remember flicking through the paper while working one evening in Tesco, and couldn't believe it. Of course we now know it came to nothing. We can't even get our summer direct Toronto back, never mind DXB.

victoria73
23rd Feb 2011, 18:37
Not in relation to anything you said earlier mate.

Bfs bloke
23rd Feb 2011, 19:39
Sorry bfs101..... I wasn't very clear in my last post.........Belfast Telegraph readers holidays section a couple of months ago had holidays to Dubai with direct flights from Bfs.... I think this is what Uel Hoey was talking about.

eastern wiseguy
23rd Feb 2011, 19:39
Victoria...

Q) EGPX/QMRLC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5439N00613W005
B) FROM: 11/02/21 08:00C) TO: 11/02/25 18:00
E) RWY 25 WITHDRAWN FROM SERVICE, DUE WIP. AVBL FOR TAXIING ONLY.
RWY 07 AVBL FOR LANDINGS / DEPARTURES.
RWY 07 TEMPO REDUCED DECLARED DISTANCES:
TORA 2220M LDA 2220M TODA 2580M ASDA 2220M
HGT OF FIRST UPSTANDING OBSTACLE WILL BE NO HIGHER THAN 24FT/6M AND
200M WEST OF THR 25. TWY A CLOSED EAST OF ENTRANCE TO GENERAL
AVIATION APRON. RWY 17/35 AVBL FOR LANDINGS AND DEPARTURES. THIS WIP IS TO FACILITATE THE WIDENING OF THE RWY 25 TOUCHDOWN RVR ROAD.SCHEDULE: 0800-1800

But what would I know? :hmm:

ILS25
23rd Feb 2011, 19:45
Runway 25 has been closed every day since Monday, it is closed in the mornings and opened again in the evenings. In between those times 07 is open with reduced distances (end of 07 is displaced). 17/35 is also available so 25 being closed is causing no problems.
If LVP's come into force 25 can be reopened in around 10-15 minutes.

INKJET
23rd Feb 2011, 20:20
What are you on about?

WW loads have more than double since switching to BHD, STN will be more of a challenge but rest assured LH are fully behind bmi and perhaps more importantly have fully committed to WW.

One can never say "never" but I cannot see any circumstances that would result in a return to BFS it's not about cheap landing fee's it's about where the customers want to fly to/from and for most that matter it's city

It's matters not whether your pro or against BHD or BFS the people of NI are more than happy to fly with WW but more are doing so from BHD

The STN service is rumoured to have a few tweaks to service but you'll have to wait until next month for that.

tigger2k8
23rd Feb 2011, 20:37
More than double BFS numbers, sounds a bit of an exaggeration...

The widening of the road could be to allow refuellers over the the RAF side, as they have been refusing to go over there due to the roads, hence why all military charters have to taxy over to the passenger apron and get refuelled there, unless that's changed in the last few months. That is if its the same road, could be another one, probably is...

eastern wiseguy
23rd Feb 2011, 21:19
THE WIDENING OF THE RWY 25 TOUCHDOWN RVR ROAD

Nothing to do with the perimeter road.

CARNMANORLAD
23rd Feb 2011, 23:10
I just booked to TFS with RYR from LDY on 10th May for £75.98 return yet EI are asking £191.44 return for 11th May? Why such a difference is tax/landing fees a lot higher at BFS?

gate 22
23rd Feb 2011, 23:29
I just booked to TFS with RYR from LDY on 10th May for £75.98 return yet EI are asking £191.44 return for 11th May? Why such a difference is tax/landing fees a lot higher at BFS?

Now now think about it, the EI plane aint empty like the FR one. You are probably one of the first to book.

Jamie2k9
23rd Feb 2011, 23:39

Remenber you are saving 47.19 on taxes where Aer Lingus can't offer no taxes on flights.

Also Ryanair will charge £40 for 15kg baggage where as Aer Lingus will charge £15 for 20 kg

tigger2k8
24th Feb 2011, 02:40
Thanks eastern, I'm not good with abbreviations thought it wasn't that road though.

Carmanorlad, I explained the pricing structure to you about how airlines sell prices by increasing the cost as more get sold, check the prices for july/august from LDY in a few weeks and you should see them creeping up hopefully to the same prices as LDY, as this will indicate good sales. As mentioned already FR may show lower taxes but they will make up the difference with extras such as hold baggage.

Think the average tax per ticket with all fee's from BFS was £20, bit more for LHR though now I think, well this was last year when I last booked. Varies per airport/destination

Tower Ranger
24th Feb 2011, 06:06
I`d be pretty surprised if Ek started Dxb-Bfs. Etihad already fly Auh-Dub daily and the price isn`t any better than flying through Heathrow. Admittedly it would be nice to fly direct but I think it would be hard to get the loads for a scheduled operation.
Besides, I don`t think you guys would like it out here, it`s way too much fun!

Jamie2k9
24th Feb 2011, 14:38
. Etihad already fly Auh-Dub daily

It's 10 weekly.

Does anybody know how the new Malta route is doing? Are loads good etc?

Iceland Express have cancelled flights from Belfast this summer. This is a few weeks after Dublin was pulled.

BFS101
24th Feb 2011, 16:03
Iceland Express have cancelled flights from Belfast this summer.
While this is still a complete shame, it's really not that surprising. I saw or heard very little advertisement of the route. Who was to know esp when most bookings are taken through their website. What about EDI that was to share the route, pulled also???

With no or little advertising, what do the airlines expect. Same with Balkan at Londonderry, no awareness!!! Hopefully BE will get their marketing team on the ball with the launch of LDY - MAN.

tigger2k8
24th Feb 2011, 17:29
Think most of us knew that the iceland flights would fail anyway however wasnt expecting it before they actually happened, unless its to the sun and temperatures of 27*C+ its just not going to work from N.I.. the current sun destinations are ideal and unfortunately it will stay this way as thats what our population wants.

The only real advertisement i saw for the iceland express was on BFS's website, no local media at all that i heard of.. as far as i know the EDI part of the route will still be operating.. unfortunately for a few friends down south they had been planning to fly from BFS after the DUB route was pulled..

BFS101
24th Feb 2011, 18:31
Press release from nitravelnews.com

Icelandic Express Service Axed Before it Starts

The proposed new Iceland Express service from Belfast to Reykjavik via Edinburgh which was to begin in early summer has been "postponed."

Said Matthias Imsland, Iceland Express Chief Executive: "We have decided to postpone the Belfast route until summer 2012 as we feel that both the Edinburgh and Belfast routes deserve direct flights. We are going to launch a direct flight from Edinburgh in summer 2011 with the aim of adding a direct route from Belfast in 2012. We believe this will provide a better service for all our customers."
Originally Iceland Express announced late last year that it was expanding its 2011 schedule adding Belfast, Edinburgh, and Dublin with services.
The new flights were to connect to Iceland Express' USA routes and were planned to offer a stopover in the Icelandic capital at no extra charge. Prices from Belfast to the USA were to start at £220 one way including taxes.
I wait and see, though not holding my breath. Dublin was to operate direct yet it too has been pulled!!

dublindispatch
24th Feb 2011, 19:15
I heard sum mubblings around DUB that they had thought that JFK/BOS bound pax could use the CBP facility in DUB and then get on the same plane as pax bound only for Iceland and after disucssing it discovered not an option.

A once a week flight was never going to work, would only have worked if you could have had a weekend city type break in either countires.

Aaron9890
24th Feb 2011, 19:58
Flybe starting MAN route from LDY. begins 19th May. This must be their "robust response"

departs 12:50
Arrives: 13:55

prices start at 21.83

Aaron9890
24th Feb 2011, 21:18
I was just looking at routes from other airports. I took a look at Exeter Airport and i cant understand how an airport which just gets around 800,000 passngers a year can get a transatlantic flight to Toronto and an Airport that gets 4.5 million cant?

Jamie2k9
24th Feb 2011, 21:21
The Exeter flights go via Newcastle.

Aaron9890
24th Feb 2011, 21:26
oh... lol, that explains it all!

cuthere
24th Feb 2011, 21:59
Aaron. BFS doesn't get 4.5 million pax anymore. The latest 12 month figure for BFS is: 3996353.

tigger2k8
25th Feb 2011, 03:57
While BFS has had a miserable year the fact that we have had volcanic ash, atc strikes in europe, ezy crewing problems, tour operators going bust (goldtrail and its 4 or 5 flights on a monday night alone) and not forgetting the snow issues in BFS and the mainland, it would be interesting to know how many PAX were lost due to the above, but I'd estimate well over 50,000, closer to 100,000 perhaps.

This year won't be much better, fingers crossed for 2012...

Tower Ranger
25th Feb 2011, 05:40
@Jamie2K

Etihad fly from Auh - Dub every day, hence the word daily, even if they fly 100 times a week those flights are still daily. Good luck with the spotting.

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 09:43
What is going on?
WW have been down the road for the whole month of JAN
Are the CAA figures for JAN wrong?

BHX-BHD - 0% compared to last year
MAN-BHD - 10% rise (1300 PAX) compared to last year
EMA-BHD - -75% (3312 in total) OVER 4000 FROM BFS last year.

If the figures are correct WW have made no difference to BHD traffic and either BE have lost everything or someone is talking porkies about WW loads.

GREAT NEWS FOR BFS

There is hope for BFS where have the passengers gone?

NorthernCounties
25th Feb 2011, 10:57
There is hope for BFS where have the passengers gone?

Err... Derry? :8

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 11:19
Gate, it's not rocket science. BHD have NOT submitted their Jan pax figures yet. (They should be between Barra and Belfast Int on this document: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/201101/January_2011_Provisional_Airport_Statistics.pdf but if you actually look, you'll notice they're not).

So, before you get all excited, wait until the BHD figures are actually realised, likely early next week.

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 11:29
So, before you get all excited, wait until the BHD figures are actually realised, likely early next week.

Okay I thought that they only filed their results once all the flights have been loaded in - I suppose that is why they are called provisional, however BHD is loaded.

tigger2k8
25th Feb 2011, 12:43
Should be an increase, as someone (cant remember who) a few days ago claimed WWs loads have more than doubled, so the average of 90 PAX on the BFS flights round Jan time, should be 180 from BHD... tight squeeze though.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet for replacements, the airport is still working on replacing them, even they know they need the routes back... time will tell if they can achieve it.. EI Regional would be well suited for the job, think they have 2 new aircraft due this year... fingers crossed but no doubt somewhere else will have a higher priority

OltonPete
25th Feb 2011, 13:05
tigger2k8

90 pax per flight in January 2010, a figure only the Baby management
could dream off in early 2010.

BHX - pax 7726, rotations 112 = 69 pax per flight
MAN - pax 6634, rotations 92 = 72 pax per flight

Source CAA but EMA is not included in the punctuality stats.

The claim came from Inkjet and he is usually accurate when it comes to baby
although I must admit even I raised an eyebrow at that until I looked at the
January 2010 figures.

EMA-BFS pax 4749, I expect that BHD-EMA will double that figure for January 2011. I would say that there were a lot of planned cancellations and weather disruption in January 2010 as that figure was the lowest of the low.

Okay BHX & MAN probably won't get close but I can't actually wait to see the EMA final figure.

Pete

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 13:05
Should be an increase, as someone (cant remember who) a few days ago claimed WWs loads have more than doubled, so the average of 90 PAX on the BFS flights round Jan time, should be 180 from BHD... tight squeeze though

Actually I take that all back. The total monthly figures for BHD is 174284 which gives -7.6% compared to last year (I knew that wouldn't have been just due to FR leaving, it had to include WW arriving). When you add up all the figures from the domestic (including the separate London page) stats it falls short by nearly 35000 passengers. This could mean that the figures shown on the domestics for Man, Bhx etc are BE figures. Therefore it looks like WW possibly have increased there share significantly and BE have not been affected.

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 13:27
Dear oh, Gate. Next time straighten out the facts before going onto three different threads making completely inaccurate claims about WW at BHD.

The CAA stats are there for all to see, and surely the penny should've dropped that there was something awry when you noticed BHD hadn't declared their numbers for Jan 2011?

Anyway, EI Regional would be a good replacement for MAN and BHX.

INKJET
25th Feb 2011, 13:35
One month does not a Summer make!

January was a funny month, WW had planned to start services from the 15th or 18th of Jan until BFS started playing silly bu**ers over landing fee's when the WW contract expired at the end of 2010, then the snow and travel problems, which were far worse in NI impacted people's travel plans with many deciding not to risk getting stuck meant late Dec/early Jan figure were very low, from mid month on things picked up and Feb has gone from strength to strength with plenty of loads >120 and i have seen a few at over a 140!! which as Olton Pete said is a figure WW could only dream about a year ago.

The big plus this Summer is that any tech issue on the WW fleet are less likely to impact BHD due to the numbers involved,canx a BFS with 28 pax was a no brain-er when things got late.

Every one is now watching BHD-STN and what impact it will have on BHD-LHR when flights start at the end of March:D

tigger2k8
25th Feb 2011, 13:47
tigger2k8

90 pax per flight in January 2010, a figure only the Baby management
could dream off in early 2010.thought id get quoted, but note how i said average, which if u take into consideration the traffic on Fri, Sun and Mon and add in the student traffic in the first 2 weeks of Jan, it cant be too far off 90.... forgive me if im wrong but it wasnt meant as an exact figure as i dont have them but it was from what i have witnessed over the last couple of years of seeing pax get on and off, busy days and quiet days... tuesday and wednesday would be the quietest days off the week..

edit - inkjet, its not just the BHD-LHR that may see numbers drop, but also EZYs BHD-LTN.. time will tell

edit - The big plus this Summer is that any tech issue on the WW fleet are less likely to impact BHD due to the numbers involved,canx a BFS with 28 pax was a no brain-er when things got late.if you think PAX numbers will stop flights being cancelled due to tech reasons im afraid your wrong especially on N.I Domestics.. somewhere down the line of that aircrafts rotations that day the risk of cancellation increases..ive seen flights of 120 PAX being delayed for 3 hours, then later that day due to the delay a later flight is cancelled with more than 120 PAX... the fact that bmi has an engineer at BHD means things should be able to get resolved quicker, whereas at BFS an engineer had to travel from BHD to BFS. The same trip that SR Tech has to make if theres trouble in BHD.

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 14:02
The CAA stats are there for all to see, and surely the penny should've dropped that there was something awry when you noticed BHD hadn't declared their numbers for Jan 2011?

Why do you keep going on about 'BHD have not declared their numbers'?. The link you sent through clearly shows BHD between Barra and BFS. What they have posted is an incomplete set of results, but they have submitted results for Jan 2011.

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 14:11
Ah good, they've been published today.

Excellent. At least now you can carry on your WW/BHD witch-hunt, basing your claims on fact.

Why are you so annoyed by WW's move anyway? The fact that nobody has as yet stepped in to fill the MAN/EMA/BHX/CWL routes from BFS should be of more concern to you than how they're getting on at BHD. (And in fact the lack of replacement IS quite telling. When FR left BHD Flybe and then WW stepped in. WW leave BFS and nobody steps in).

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 14:44
Ah good, they've been published today.

They were published by 1000 this morning, where did you think I got the info from? You are just as guilty as running around the threads like a bull in a china shop.(albiet your grammar and spelling is good). But this is a discussion form where people discuss what they find out or know. I think from time to time people make mistakes including you.

The fact that nobody has as yet stepped in to fill the MAN/EMA/BHX/CWL routes from BFS should be of more concern to you than how they're getting on at BHD. (And in fact the lack of replacement IS quite telling. When FR left BHD Flybe and then WW stepped in. WW leave BFS and nobody steps in).

Yes it certainly does tell a story. Is it poor high level management?. As for BHD they have done an excellent job in turning the figures around from FR vacating.

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 15:24
They were published by 1000 this morning

Which is the same as "today", no?

You are just as guilty as running around the threads like a bull in a china shop

An example if you will?

Fundamentally, I think it's difficult to just blame high-level management at BFS for that airport's travails. Why, for instance, haven't EZY jumped on some of the now vacated routes? Why have BE decided they're better off starting a MAN route from LDY instead of BFS? There may be something much more fundamental going on, which if not addressed soon, could be catastrophic for BFS.

tigger2k8
25th Feb 2011, 15:48
Fundamentally, I think it's difficult to just blame high-level management at BFS for that airport's travails. Why, for instance, haven't EZY jumped on some of the now vacated routes? Why have BE decided they're better off starting a MAN route from LDY instead of BFS? There may be something much more fundamental going on, which if not addressed soon, could be catastrophic for BFS.Would say its more the Spanish management who make BFS unattractive, messing up deals (in the past - emirates, delta and air canada to name a few), failing to invest in improved facilities (yes the shopping area in depatures is nice, but the rest of the terminal, espically the international pier needs done next. LDY has a new catchment area for BE without having to much of an impact on their BHD catchment, whereas BFS would steal from BHD and BHD from BFS... EZY dont operate from EMA and MAN would take traffic from their LPL route. As for CWL and BHX by EZY that remains unknown, my guess is their priority is not the N.I Domestic Market.

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 16:03
Gate, it's not rocket science. BHD have NOT submitted their Jan pax figures yet. (They should be between Barra and Belfast Int on this document: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport...Statistics.pdf (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/201101/January_2011_Provisional_Airport_Statistics.pdf) but if you actually look, you'll notice they're not).

Posted by cuthere at 12.19 today

You still cannot admit when you a make a mistake, so I have to show you, maybe you still don't understand. Maybe you should forget about grammar and teach yourself comprehension. Or maybe you are just taking the piss.

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 16:24
Dear oh Gate. You are in a bad mood today. Giro not arrive?

When I checked the stats this morning (that's before midday, otherwise known as noon), the BHD figures still hadn't been loaded. The modus operandi for the CAA is to load figures on a Monday. Hence my mistake not checking them again.

It still doesn't explain why you're on this hilarious quest to prove WW were wrong to move to BHD. Why does it annoy you so much that you felt the need to (incorrectly) slaughter WW and BHD on three separate threads?

Anyway, on a more serious note. What solution would you suggest to the falling pax numbers at BFS and the loss of routes in recent months? An honest question.

(Finally, your fascination with my grammar and spelling is almost touching, though simultaneously worrying. If you want me to proof-read your posts from now on, all you have to do is ask).

gate 22
25th Feb 2011, 16:40
When I checked the stats this morning (that's before midday, otherwise known as noon), the BHD figures still hadn't been loaded. The modus operandi for the CAA is to load figures on a Monday. Hence my mistake not checking them again

You see the problem is, they were loaded by 10.00am this morning that is how I got the information.

What solution would you suggest to the falling pax numbers at BFS and the loss of routes in recent months? An honest question

A cut throat approach, kind of put an MOL regime in place, cut everything back from car parking to landing fee's etc. There is definately an arrogance at some level which, with the WW move and the inability to attract even one route in the wake of FR vacating BHD, will be shaken to the core.

cuthere
25th Feb 2011, 16:44
With the hullabaloo of the £1 to drop off, could BFS survive more negative publicity if they took such a cut-throat approach?

BFS101
25th Feb 2011, 16:46
Continental pulling out of BFS??? well not yet, but....

While this may very well please some of the BFS haters, or the people that think BFS has ideas above its station, unfortunately this would effect Northern Ireland as a whole, both in terms of convenience us holidaying, but also inward investment and business connectivity. As stated at the minute CO deny this, but smoke and fire???

from belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Northern Ireland's future as a hub for transatlantic air travel is being threatened by sky-high taxes, politicians have warned.
They especially fear for routes such as Continental Airlines' Belfast-New York service — which has had a whopping £60-per-passenger fee imposed on it by the Government in Air Passenger Duty (APD). Yet, from next week a similar Continental flight from Dublin to the States will incur only a €3 surcharge, with the Republic's government attempting to benefit from the fallout of the APD rates introduced in the UK.
Continental issued a statement to the Belfast Telegraph denying it was threatening to withdraw the daily New York/Newark service, but strong indications of discontent from within the aviation industry has made Stormont nervous.
Finance Minister Sammy Wilson and his Enterprise colleague Arlene Foster are already in discussions with the Treasury, with an estimated £2m needed just to make the Belfast International-New York/Newark service competitive against Dublin Airport over the next year.
Former Lord Mayor of Belfast Jim Rodgers said it would be a “complete economic disaster” if Northern Ireland lost one of its few direct air links with the US, which has been operating for six years and has carried half-a-million passengers.
“The Continental Airlines service has been a highly successful route, which I have used on a number of occasions,” he said.
Mr Rodgers added: “We need a direct route to America. We don't want to have to travel via Dublin or any other UK or European airport. It's imperative that we retain this route.”
Continental Airlines, meanwhile, issued a statement saying |it remained “committed to the Northern Ireland market”.
It added: “The effect of the APD on the competitiveness of the Belfast route is a cause for concern and we are working with Belfast International Airport to urge the authorities to address this.”
A spokeswoman for Belfast |International Airport said |“significant increases” in APD is a huge problem for Belfast |compared to Dublin.
”This is a critical anomaly which we are urgently seeking to address with government and the investment and tourism agencies.”
Background
APD was introduced in 1994 at a rate of £5 for European destinations and £20 elsewhere.
After a succession of rises UK aviation tax rates are now the highest in any European country. Since November each Belfast economy passenger must pay £12 for flights up to 2,000 miles (inc Europe).
That levy increases to £60 per passenger travelling between 2,001 and 4,000 miles (inc the USA).
Travellers making their way from Dublin, however, pay a rate of €3 from next month.

NorthernCounties
25th Feb 2011, 16:49
I prefer not to fly into BFS... it's such a dreary place. And I wouldn't want visitors first impression of Northern Ireland being the Welcome to Belfa sign and the Baggage claim hall! When ever I bring friends back... I avoid BFS like the plague! It needs investment... it needs infrastructure and I say it needs Aer Lingus to introduce one or two long haul routes... I know that won't happen.

Another thing I hate is another impression it gives you as you leave... if you drive towards Antrim, just before the roundabout you see that awful estate with the kerbs painted and flags flying... yea! Welcome to NI. (I hate all forms of flag flying and tribal marketings).

BFS101
25th Feb 2011, 17:23
Anyway, on a more serious note. What solution would you suggest to the falling pax numbers at BFS and the loss of routes in recent months? An honest question.

I think the only saving grace is that the remaining airlines at BFS are really too big to move their entire operations to BHD, and economies of scale may reduce the likelihood or a split operation. Runway length at BHD, together with physical space and the curfew would lead me to believe that so long as EI operate from NI, it will be from BFS. Jet2 with multiple sun routes during the summer season seem unlikely to move (although LBA could easily fit into BHD), and while I wouldn't totally rule out EZY potentially moving some more domestics to BHD, the bulk of their operation will remain at Aldergrove. The charters also will stay.

So basically all that can move, probably already have, and the airlines left at BFS, are there out of necessity rather than a want. We can now only hope that EI, Jet2 and EZY decide to expand as they feel demand warrents, and Albertis decide to continue their investment to make terminal experience as pleasant as possible.

With FR negotiations apparantly non fruitful for BFS (thank goodness), realistically what other carriers would start operations. OK maybe a Toronto served weekly, or a season long Orlando, but I can't see any other carrier opening a substancial operation at BFS. Who would???

tigger2k8
25th Feb 2011, 19:13
I prefer not to fly into BFS... it's such a dreary place. And I wouldn't want visitors first impression of Northern Ireland being the Welcome to Belfa sign and the Baggage claim hall! When ever I bring friends back... I avoid BFS like the plague! It needs investment... it needs infrastructure and I say it needs Aer Lingus to introduce one or two long haul routes... I know that won't happen.

Another thing I hate is another impression it gives you as you leave... if you drive towards Antrim, just before the roundabout you see that awful estate with the kerbs painted and flags flying... yea! Welcome to NI. (I hate all forms of flag flying and tribal marketings).

Maybe if you used BFS a tad more you would know the sign is fixed and has been for quite awhile now. Baggage claim hall is nothing special but its not exactly an eye-sore. The majority of the airport is acceptable, the only area that is miserable in my opinion is the international pier, especially at stand 24 through the boarding area.

As for the estates in Antrim, im sorry but isn't this normal in N.I to see painted kerb-stones, flags and paintings.. believe it or not, some people come here just to see that part of the culture.. any part of N.I i have been in ive seen flags and paintings etc at some stage... will we all write to Antrim council and get them to put a wall up or demolish the estate?

All the hullabaloo about the drop off was short-lived and theres plenty of cars going through it and believe it or not theres not that many people stopping in stupid places, id say they make around £3000 a day from it (no doubt going straight into the runway fund).. and id say the drop off will eventually come into place at BHD and possibly LDY in the future when they get more flights... BFS was just ignorant / greedy enough to go first.

You have to give Abertis a bit of credit for the work they have done in depatures, if they can do the whole area in that way it would be great. EI long-haul... its possible but not for a few years yet, by the time EI would introduce long-haul, hopefully the aviation industry is booming again.

True Blue
25th Feb 2011, 23:02
So after all the debate, is the report on the Caa site, provisional figures domestic routes dated 25 jan 11 correct or not?

True Blue

Kinocker
26th Feb 2011, 11:02
Is the Newark route still funded by the NI Government or has that run out? If its still subsidised, is there any real point to it with so many options available from Dublin?

Northern Ireland isn't an island and I know that many of my NI friends particularly in the Down and Armagh areas have a preference for Dublin Airport in terms of cost, options and convenience given its location to the north of the city just off the M1.

BFS101
26th Feb 2011, 11:33
Is the Newark route still funded by the NI Government or has that run out?
No, funding was just a start-up incentive. CO has been holding its own now for about the past 3 years. Reading the report, CO are denying threatening to pull from BFS, and they did spend a lot of cash recently, together with BFS on the airbridge at gate 22. But smoke and fire??

As for using DUB, it is just as quick if not quicker for many pasts of Co Down and Armagh, but for those in Belfast and the NW, Belfast would be much closer and quicker to get to. If the market and demand exists, then BFS should hold onto EWR. If not, then as you say, it'll be a trek to DUB or via the mainland, but hopefully it wont come to that.

While loads down the back may not be that great during the winter, its been reported business traffic is relatively high with US companies present in NI, and Bombardier using the route to connect into Canada.

Jamie2k9
26th Feb 2011, 11:44
For random dates in July you save 183euro on a return trip from DUB over BFS (both airports priced in Euro) but then there is the trouble for some people getting to DUB.

clareview
26th Feb 2011, 17:04
The incentive to go via Dub is not just cost. Clearing US immigration at Dub usually only takes a few minutes as opposed to up to an hour at EWR

ara01jbb
28th Feb 2011, 10:42
Maybe if you used BFS a tad more you would know the sign is fixed and has been for quite awhile now. Baggage claim hall is nothing special but its not exactly an eye-sore. The majority of the airport is acceptable, the only area that is miserable in my opinion is the international pier, especially at stand 24 through the boarding area.

CO do their best to prepare passengers for the dreary jet-lagged experience of arriving at BFS with this similarly dreary jet-lagged pre-landing video...

YouTube - Belfast Arrival Video 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWTQbkhdfU)

Note the expert pronunciation of 'Lagan' at ~ 1:50 :hmm:

tigger2k8
28th Feb 2011, 11:08
CO do their best to prepare passengers for the dreary jet-lagged experience of arriving at BFS with this similarly dreary jet-lagged pre-landing video...

YouTube - Belfast Arrival Video 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWTQbkhdfU)The footage in that video is prehistoric yet they uploaded that in 2009...the place has changed quite a bit now, it shows the carpet in domestic arrivals for crying out loud... no longer those disgusting fabric seats either or the appauling colour scheme in international arrivals

True Blue
11th Mar 2011, 12:40
I see Jet2 has Alicante on the booking menu for Bfs, seems to start end of June, 1 weekly on a Monday. Not yet in the timetable section.

TB

NorthernCounties
11th Mar 2011, 13:11
Quote:

YouTube - Belfast Arrival Video 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWTQbkhdfU)

Note the expert pronunciation of 'Lagan' at ~ 1:50 http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

:yuk:

O.M.G I just noticed this! I'm sorry but who in the hell thought this was an appealing film of Belfast and BFS?! Not only is it years out of date but it looks awful! :ugh:

If I was an american coming to Ireland for the first time, I would see this and think "What have I let myself in for?!" :{

Also, we all know Belfast, NI and Ireland in general is very grey and overcast, but surely when they're using scenery of "Legendary Belfast" they could have at least done it on a sunny day! If Continental want, I don't mind going round with my video recorder on my mobile and creating a far better video than this! And least I'd give back some dignity to the land I hail from!!!

BFS101
11th Mar 2011, 13:31
LS Alicante starts 27 June, through to 29 August.

BFS 08.30 - 12.30 ALC 13.05 - 15.05

Wish them all the best, though with only one a week there's not much flexibility outside 7 or 14 nights unless you mix and match airlines with EZY and EI.

The CO video is horrendous, but as you're already onboard the flight, you'll experience the 'true' Northern Ireland soon enough. The bad impression will soon be forgotton, and the video irrelevant. On the same note, with a little effort as NorthernCounties stated, a decent video could easily be made to do a little justice to Belfast / NI.

Kinocker
11th Mar 2011, 18:40
If its any consolation the Bristol arrival video is actually worse! They've really made no effort to make the arrival airports of cities look any way appealing in those videos.

victoria73
12th Mar 2011, 13:45
Not another alicante flight why didnt they come up with something else like route to Greece or Italy or anywhere that is not already served.

Aaron9890
12th Mar 2011, 22:24
Belfast International Joins MTV ?Chorus? - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/3/35/belfast-international-joins-mtv-%E2%80%98chorus%E2%80%99.html)

Aaron9890
22nd Mar 2011, 18:42
I know this isn't related to news at BFS but does anyone know when the Northern Ireland team fly out. see i don't know whether its BFS or BHD. If not does anyone know a site that shows departures in the week ahead instead of just seeing the days departures on the site

johnref
22nd Mar 2011, 19:21
NI team may go from Luton - I remember in past it was easier for players to meet in England - why bring them all to Belfast to then catch a 2nd plane? It may have changed of course.

tigger2k8
23rd Mar 2011, 15:34
EZY adding 2 extra return flights from BFS-AMS per week, not operating until 02/09/11 missing the majority of the peak summer traffic, running until the end of the summer schedule

Increase in flights from Belfast to Amsterdam - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/3/38/increase-in-flights-from-belfast-to-amsterdam.html)

Danmadole
24th Mar 2011, 09:01
NI soccer team heading to Belgrade from BFS this morning with Jet2 at 1030. Unusually, the team met up in Northern Ireland and held a training session in Stormont yesterday afternoon.

gate 22
24th Mar 2011, 09:40
How many EZY aircraft are based at BFS?

mutleyshriek
24th Mar 2011, 10:35
Easyjet currently have six based unit at BFS.Probably will go to seven shortly after the next announcment of up to four new routes in planning.Two brand new and two returning,cant say any more but methinks Tigger will be very happy...

tigger2k8
24th Mar 2011, 12:50
Easyjet currently have six based unit at BFS.Probably will go to seven shortly after the next announcment of up to four new routes in planning.Two brand new and two returning,cant say any more but methinks Tigger will be very happy... only 5 A319s at BFS until June this year, then 6.. then next year an A320 is on the line-up, once again, however as you mention above if things go ahead it will increase, unless they wait until June for the new/returning routes.. had only heard of 1 route myself, but the more the better.. about time.. but until its all in the booking system i wont be optimistic.. BFS still has a chance to mess it up:yuk:

mutleyshriek
24th Mar 2011, 13:08
Tigger,Id be very very optimistic if I were you matey.As ive said I cant give anything away.Sorry, I thought it it was six at present forgot five in winter six in summer.

tigger2k8
24th Mar 2011, 13:27
Tigger,Id be very very optimistic if I were you matey.As ive said I cant give anything away.Sorry, I thought it it was six at present forgot five in winter six in summer. oh i know, have had to keep my mouth shut about one of the routes for about a month now in public as it'll no doubt catch the news for the one alone (thats if things havn't changed)..normally the 6th A319 appears for the start of the summer schedule, but this year so far its been set back by a few months

maybe theres hope for BFS this year

AIRPORT66
24th Mar 2011, 13:47
New routes will be announced very shortly few other things in the pipeline aswell if things go the way they are at the minute.

sarcon
24th Mar 2011, 14:51
Doubt BA and team will panic too much about your rumours, we've heard it all before. According to the easyjet website flights are available from the city until next year, seems like the experiment has been a success.I believe BA had a meeting with them recently and put a proposal to them that would be hard to refuse and would really put city on the international map.

mutleyshriek
24th Mar 2011, 15:08
Aint gonna happen Sarcon,proposal was put forward and rejected believe me.Just wait and see.Bhd desperation to fill routes vacated by Ryanair with no regard whatsoever to the impact to the surrounding communities impacted by a company with no regard to the people who have to live every day with noise.Oh sorry forgot that Bhd is now owned by a bank.:ugh:

tigger2k8
24th Mar 2011, 15:30
According to the easyjet website flights are available from the city until next yearThat means nothing, as far as i recall when LTN was moved from BFS to BHD it was on sale until the end of that summer... same with WW's routes, as far as im aware they had seats sold after the swap over dates. Routes can move or be cancelled at any stage, even if on sale.

Lets sit tight... nothing is offical until announced

mutleyshriek
24th Mar 2011, 15:47
Was gonna say that Tigger too.You beat me to it.

AIRPORT66
24th Mar 2011, 18:03
The Ltn route was going to be ok out of Bhd the market was allready there from Belfast.Every route out of Bhd has originally came from Aldergrove Bhd has never developed a new route out of NI all it has done is offer airline cheap deals or free landing to carriers in an attempt to hold on to its existance.

ILS25
24th Mar 2011, 18:39
Can't wait, hope its all good news for BFS for a change ? :ok:

EI-BUD
24th Mar 2011, 19:03
I believe BA had a meeting with them recently and put a proposal to them that would be hard to refuse and would really put city on the international map.

The only think that this could possibly be in my view is BA using BFS as a touch down point to refuel on LCY JFK or maybe expansion of 318 LCY transatlantic routes, though Willie Walsh was noted before as saying that Shannon was working and pre clearance of US immigration was adding value to the proposition.

Anything else BA would be BFS LHR and unless EI were stepping out BA would be most unlikely to step in, the relationship with EI is far too important across the Irish sea with the amount of traffic feeding into BA LHR operation.

after the next announcment of up to four new routes in planning.Two brand new and two returning,cant say any more

This is the most exciting post in ages on this thread, and mutleyshriek thanks for it, if you are right it could be a reversal in BFS's fortunes!
2 returning now lets see pick from the following list: Berlin, Luton, Venice, Aberdeen, Inverness(this did fly for a while?), Rome. Cant think of any more but I think there might have been another Eastern Euro destination.

My guess would be that Easyjet are going to target Aer Lingus routes as per the Gatwick example in a bid to drive them out. The combination of increased charges at LHR may make the LHR route more challening then add a greater challenge from EZY on other routes, namely Canary Island routes for EI that seem to perform well, this might be the game plan.

However, if this rumour is true I would bet Manchester, not confident now that Luton would come back as it would leave an opening at the city airport. Birmingham... perhaps BFS are so anxious to put the old baby routes back on the map that the deal could be very attractive so maybe MAN & BHX...

EI-BUD

NorthernCounties
24th Mar 2011, 19:15
My guess would be that Easyjet are going to target Aer Lingus routes as per the Gatwick example in a bid to drive them out.

I'm unsure whether this would be a wise idea, as remember Ryanair are a major shareholder in Aer Lingus. And although FR like to moan about them, he still has shareholders to look after.

Further to this, BFS would be a very silly airport indeed if it allowed direct competition on routes that Aer Lingus operate, does it really want to lose yet another airline?

I'd like to see some Greek destinations personally.

EI-BUD
24th Mar 2011, 19:34
I'm unsure whether this would be a wise idea, as remember Ryanair are a major shareholder in Aer Lingus. And although FR like to moan about them, he still has shareholders to look after.

Further to this, BFS would be a very silly airport indeed if it allowed direct competition on routes that Aer Lingus operate, does it really want to lose yet another airline

Northern Counties, yes you make valid points here, though if Easyjet wanted to fly against Aer Lingus on the same routes they are more than welcome/permitted to, though BFS wouldnt support this with an incentive.

As far as Ryanair, I cannot see this an of any importance in this instance, MOL would love to see a weakened Aer Lingus, one that he would be allowed to rescue ultimately and take over.

I would agree about the Greek destinations, would be nice addition to the airport. Maybe Crete and Corfu?

corsaman
24th Mar 2011, 20:09
Prague and Gdansk are other routes easyJet used to operate ex-BFS.

True Blue
24th Mar 2011, 23:19
Bfs - Man is in the easy booking system from 31 Oct 11. 2 flights a day, starting in Bfs.

TB

eastern wiseguy
24th Mar 2011, 23:28
The only think that this could possibly be in my view is BA using BFS as a touch down point to refuel on LCY JFK or maybe expansion of 318 LCY transatlantic routes, though Willie Walsh was noted before as saying that Shannon was working and pre clearance of US immigration was adding value to the proposition.

Ei-bud

I may be wrong but the BA alluded to would be Mr Ambrose(Brian)
Not British Airways .

gate 22
24th Mar 2011, 23:43
Bfs - Man is in the easy booking system from 31 Oct 11. 2 flights a day, starting in Bfs.

TB

Excellent news, 5 early flights out on Monday 07th November LGW, MAN, EDI, GLA, STN plus Malaga out at 0830, is this an extra aircraft for the winter at BFS?
(just a quick check)

Also STN seems to be up to 5 on M,Th + F
LPL - still 7 flights on the MON

Jamie2k9
24th Mar 2011, 23:53
MAN is not in the booking system. Is it me or am I missing something?:confused:

gate 22
24th Mar 2011, 23:56
MAN is not in the booking system. Is it me or am I missing something?

go to 'where we fly', and then 'book a cheap flight'

Jamie2k9
25th Mar 2011, 00:10

tigger2k8
25th Mar 2011, 03:38
Excellent news, 5 early flights out on Monday 07th November LGW, MAN, EDI, GLA, STN plus Malaga out at 0830, is this an extra aircraft for the winter at BFS?
(just a quick check)

Also STN seems to be up to 5 on M,Th + F
LPL - still 7 flights on the MON

thought that myself, but find it highly unlikely as the AGP departing at 0830 it could be took out on the aircraft in from GLA as it is due in at 0800 and theres no flight back to GLA from BFS until 1140.. however if we see 3 more routes appearing then it could justify a 6th aircraft in winter.. depending on the destinations ofcourse..

ards_boy
27th Mar 2011, 04:53
Dissapointed that it is Easyjet taking up the MAN route out of BFS ....IMO Bfs need the smaller airlines presently at the airport to expand/ a new airline to come in....far too dependant / brown nosing the one airline who lets face it are nothing special at all

Thad Jarvis
27th Mar 2011, 12:26
Nothing special at all except their biggest source of income by a mile. BFS have repeatedly asked eJ to do the canaries and other longer routes so the idea of them not supporting them is a myth. All EI did when they arrived was piggy back on eJ routes. Maybe it's time to mix things up a little. Wouldn't hold your breath though as a 320 is required and that is over a year away.

mutleyshriek
28th Mar 2011, 02:22
New EZY routes will not be any duplication of current EI routes.and BA refers to Brian Ambrose.A little rumour circulating now of EI regional entering the frame,just heard that tonight.Apparently extra London services to SEN and also BHX and CWL.Had a look on Aer Lingus website tonight and when you take the option of BFS to London it now gives an option of LONDON all airports.Mmmmmm Something is happening I think.

sarcon
28th Mar 2011, 11:56
Thank you for clarifying my point, that is what I meant, but still no confirmation that anything is actually happening, just alot of speculation.

dublindispatch
28th Mar 2011, 12:15
Did hear that myself down here that post PSO money stopping that RE/EI Regional moving up the M1 to give it a go from BFS to a few places

tigger2k8
28th Mar 2011, 12:37
the EI regional rumor started perhaps a month ago, will be good if it happens, perfect sized aircraft for the routes..

sarcon, there should be an announcement this week for MAN, and like i said on the BHD thread, if anything else is happening it should be announced then, unless they go for seperate releases over a few weeks, but that i doubt, you may be in for a surprise or not.

elle may clampit
28th Mar 2011, 15:52
Believe Big News 2morrow - Luton back, Manchester starting - and further developments in the pipeline a few weeks downstream! ;)

sarcon
28th Mar 2011, 16:37
EMC, If what you are saying is correct, and we'll see tomorrow, it would not be at all good for BHD. I would reckon that LTN and MAN could cost BHD circa 500k pax per annum. On the old swingometer that could mean a shift of almost 1 million pax. But until then it's still just speculation.

Belboy
28th Mar 2011, 16:46
It's not speculation it's true, and I believe that BFS will, in the very near future announce an operator on BHX and EMA. Don't believe they have anyone for the Cardiff yet but that could yet happen as, following the move by bmibaby, there is a clear desire and for the first time, willingness, to fight back.

planenut321
28th Mar 2011, 16:52
There aren't any operators at CWL or BFS who would take on CWL-BFS. Unless RE/EIR moved into BFS... The market at CWL isn't really big enough for another Belfast operator, it struggles with BE and WW on BHD.

NorthernCounties
28th Mar 2011, 16:52
If it is the case the Aer Lingus Regional is heading to you's I think Cardiff will definately be back somepoint in the near future.

Glad the old swing o meter doesn't seem to have an effect on LDY!

BHD2BFS
28th Mar 2011, 19:33
hey does anyone know when the 4 route anouncements from easyjet are going to be?
and also why aer lingus website gives the option to chose all london airports? surely they wont compete on the gatwick route

possibly aer lingus regional to london city? i wish

ILS25
28th Mar 2011, 21:40
Hopefully tomorrow. 30 million passangers have now passed through BFS with easy, saw them doing photoshoot today in checkin. Expect they will announce this tomorrow along with the other news (hopefully).

cuthere
29th Mar 2011, 07:22
No immediate mention of new routes (other than MAN, but that may come later).

Low-cost airline reveals new Manchester route - Business News, Business - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/lowcost-airline-reveals-new-manchester-route-15129578.html)

tigger2k8
29th Mar 2011, 09:39
Good news, LTN switches back over on the 9th May.

Mon-Fri = 3 flights
Sat = 1 flight
Sun = 2 flights

Ali Gayward said: “Moving to Belfast City Airport was always a trial, but in over a year we have seen no tangible benefits.

wesleyscott
29th Mar 2011, 09:49
this is great news from Easyjet, make my life a lot easier

gate 22
29th Mar 2011, 10:29
Good news, LTN switches back over on the 9th May.

Mon-Fri = 3 flights
Sat = 1 flight
Sun = 2 flights

Great news!!!

Where do you find the flight times? Are they any different from the BHD times? (ie LTN based aircraft)

tigger2k8
29th Mar 2011, 11:10
Great news!!!

Where do you find the flight times? Are they any different from the BHD times? (ie LTN based aircraft) same times as the current BHD flights, posted below for those who might want to know, will be LTN based.

Departing BFS

Mon-Fri - 0840, 1715, 2100
Sat - 1255
Sun - 1310, 2100

Belboy
29th Mar 2011, 13:04
I hear there are still a few issues to address but that in the near future a 2 daily BFS to BHX will be added to the schedule. Had hoped to be able to announce it today but whatever the problem was, meant that wasn't possible.

gate 22
29th Mar 2011, 13:14
I hear there are still a few issues to address but that in the near future a 2 daily BFS to BHX will be added to the schedule. Had hoped to be able to announce it today but whatever the problem was, meant that wasn't possible

Was that one of the other 2 speculated?

ESCNI
29th Mar 2011, 14:09
Anybody know the EZY Manchester (particularly weekend) flight times, please?

BFS101
29th Mar 2011, 14:18
The EZY rumour was for two new destinations and two previously served, commencing from BFS. So MAN is new, LTN is re-starting, so leaves another new destination (BHX??) and one returning destination???

But then the rumours also seemed to mention that it was EIR that was going to operate from BFS to BHX and also EMA, possibly CWL???

You will see us being much more brutal about what routes work and what routes don't. We're going to be very, very tough about routes that aren't working.
As stated by Carolyn McCall. Wonder will these new routes replace capacity from underperforming BFS services, or will they be in addition, and will any BFS routes be for the cull.

wanna_be_there
29th Mar 2011, 14:28
Theres nothing to suggest its easyjet on BFS-BHX, and its not in any of the sites destination lists, so could be EIr?

MAN-BFS on a sun is:

MAN 0910 BFS 1010
MAN 2045 BFS 2145

BFS 0740 MAN 0840
BFS 1915 MAN 2015

BFS101
29th Mar 2011, 14:29
Anybody know the EZY Manchester (particularly weekend) flight times
Saturday departures from BFS 08.15 and 19.30, from MAN 06.45 and 21.00.

Sunday from BFS 07.40 and 19.15, and from MAN 09.10 and 20.45.

AIRPORT66
29th Mar 2011, 18:43
What a good day for Belfast International just when all the clan down in Bhd thought they were getting it all to themselves.

elle may clampit
29th Mar 2011, 20:19
...and when the BHX is announced, in the near future, it will get even better.

mutleyshriek
30th Mar 2011, 02:35
Told ya so guys.Two routes now announced.One returning one brand new from EZY from BFS.The other two in question will be another brand new and another returning and both mainland european.Thats gonna be in a few months time.Bear with me,cant give too much away.Exiting times ahead for BFS.

BFS101
30th Mar 2011, 10:03
Both mainland Europe?? Madrid had been rumoured previously from Belfast. Berlin operated for years so has this potential for a return. Berlin was also used for access to north and west Poland. Maybe Prague, as this was also operated for many years, though mostly by Jet2 and only towards the end EZY.

EI-BUD
30th Mar 2011, 12:01
Maybe Prague, as this was also operated for many years, though mostly by Jet2 and only towards the end EZY

and finally by bmibaby who axed the route mid season!

I think Berlin/Rome will be back if its an old route returning.

EI-BUD

gate 22
30th Mar 2011, 13:14
What about long haul from BFS, surely Sanford, Toronto, Dubia etc are on the hit list - EI,VS,TCX..........? Have management finally woken up?

NorthernCounties
30th Mar 2011, 14:21
gate22 I've thought this would be obvious for airlines too! But I once muted this idea on the Aer Lingus thread and was told there wouldn't be any new long haul routes for the next 2 years at the very least.

BFS could do with a Boston route etc. And I'm surprised Air Canada haven't been sniffing around either.

I would love to see Virgin Atlantic move into DUB testing the market there with possibility of moving northwards to BFS.

EI I think hold the hope for the time being though!

EI320
30th Mar 2011, 16:33
EI I think hold the hope for the time being though!

BFS long-haul won't be on EI's agenda anytime soon, if ever. You can forget about it. Any bit of long-haul expansion in the coming years will be ex DUB T2, not BFS.

NWSRG
30th Mar 2011, 16:38
At least for summer season, BFS could justify a single based aircraft for transatlantic.

CO are doing well on JFK, so there is a market. NI could certainly support a single rotation to MCO / SFB each summer week, and one or two YYZ rotations. Add in a few to BOS / JFK, and EI or VS could make it work.

Maybe with the arrival of 787s at VS, they'll be able to look at thinner routes from the regions.

Also, maybe we're missing the obvious...CO are in place and doing well. What else could they offer? (Although MAN / BHX etc. may get the chance first).

Skipness One Echo
30th Mar 2011, 17:01
CO are doing well on JFK

Nearly right, it's Newark (EWR). The only addition CO would add is perhaps three more a week in summer on the same route, you're not likely to see Houston, but who knows with the United merger, Chicago might be an option in the medium term. This would only seem likely if and when EWR stays daily in winter showing the market has grown. I tend to suspect United may find another more profitable use for the B757 across the new expanded network than Belfast! We shall see.

GAXLN
30th Mar 2011, 17:14
Before we get all carried away with ourselves don't forget that there's the more than slight problem of a UK Government tax that goes by the initials of APD. £60 on a transatlantic return ticket and £0 from Dublin is a major difference which will favour Dublin over Belfast any day of the week. Work hard to keep hold of what you have got and do not dilute it as every extra penny in yield is vital.

mutleyshriek
30th Mar 2011, 17:58
CO do really well all year round on the BFS EWR route.The UK government really need to sort out taxes on flying as we are right up their in the being ripped of bracket.However,more and more people are now seeing the benefits of flying direct from BFS to the USA.1,Why would you fly east to go west and 2,With the cost of petrol and Dublin Airport parking charges why would you want to undertake a 200 mile round trip before or after a transatlantic flight.The saving you might get from the lower flying taxes at Dublin would be swallowed up in petrol and parking charges....Lets get Toronto back first before we even think about Chicago and/or Boston...

clareview
30th Mar 2011, 18:17
CO do not do JFK but do EWR. I flew BFS - EWR on 13 March and back 25th and virtually full both times. Don't forget EI did BFS - Shannon - JFK for several years (with a change of aircraft at Shannon to get to Boston. Maybe preclearance at Shannon could make this viable again. Can't see Air Canada sniffing around - it did do Toronto many years ago but with its daily in summer from Dublin plus Air Transat several times a week from Dub (and weekly Sunwing charter rumoured this year) I think Canade is sewn up (more than half the NI population live around 2 hours from Dub). I wonder however if Vancover or Halifax was viable for Zoom

MCO/Sandford is the really surprising one. A few years ago the season was March to October and with 2 a week in the peak. Now its just peak. Whilst EI is 3 a week from Dub, I assume many go via LGW/Man with BA or Virgin. In addition, Sanford is quite a drive from Orlando.

Seljuk22
31st Mar 2011, 13:51
The other two in question will be another brand new and another returning and both mainland european. CIA, SXF, GDN, PRG, VCE were flown before. I guess VCE is more a summer destination whereas FCO (EI flies twice weekly), SXF or PRG can work year round. I doubt it will be GDN.

NWSRG
31st Mar 2011, 18:53
Brain fade folks...been on it a few times as well! Not JFK, but EWR...

The APD issue is a fair one...driving to DUB now isn't so bad, and T2 will make the whole experience much more comfortable. Throw in pre-clearance, and DUB is tempting. But BFS is still very handy for must of us, and pretty straightforward to get through. BFS allows most of us to start our journey from home two to three hours before departure...choose DUB and you're probably talking four to five hours. With a transatlantic flight to follow, the argument may come back to BFS...

Aaron9890
1st Apr 2011, 17:07
Easy have added MAD to Manchester Airport, Might mean other airports will get the route, such as BFS. It would be such a good route

flying officer kite
2nd Apr 2011, 10:14
dont shoot the messenger, but ive heard more rumours from within the airline itself, that Continental are looking very carefully at the increases in charges, and are going to ask the Government to drop them or they'll throw the rattle out of the pram and leave Belfast. Id like to hope this isnt true, ive used the service and cant fault them, though next time i'll be using Dublin, so we dont get the 'handled like a criminal' treatment on arrival into Newark

Aaron9890
2nd Apr 2011, 14:37
I also noticed that Sunwing Airlines are starting a route to Toronto-Pearson from Dublin. I think they are doing Paris as well. Maybe these guys will decide to try from BFS. If they are doing it from DUB they probably wont go to BFS. Dublin have more than enough routes to Toronto and we have none, you would think there is some logic in trying out BFS. i suppose its all about the landing fees and Government taxes

Centre cities
2nd Apr 2011, 15:10
Trying to keep things on a more realistic footing has anyone heard any more on the return of BFS/BHX following the earlier posts.

Centre cities

clareview
2nd Apr 2011, 15:53
Aaron9890

There is only one route from Dublin to Toronto i.e Dublin to Toronto

clareview
2nd Apr 2011, 15:55
Arrived EWR 13 March from BFS and was certainly not treated like a criminal - 10 minute queue and pleasant official. Don't forget clearance at DUB is carried out by staff working for the same organisation as those at EWR

tigger2k8
2nd Apr 2011, 16:19
think we would all expect CO to review the route, after the taxes were brought up in the media story awhile ago.. and until these taxes are changed, DUB will always win over BFS when it comes to transatlantic... its up to the politicians to put pressure on the government to change them or risk losing our only scheduled year round direct link from N.Ireland to America..

frequentflyer2
3rd Apr 2011, 18:39
As I said on the BHD thread

How kind of them to "make the concept easy to understand" by moving their Luton flights back to BFS. From my point of view the concept is simple.
Taxi from Casa FF to BHD (Valucabs) - £6.50
Taxi from Casa FF to BFS (Valucabs) - £25.00 at least
Taxi from BHD to Casa FF (Valucabs) - £6.50
Taxi from BFS to Casa FF (Valucabs) - £25.00 at least
Public transport from Casa FF to BFS and back - £24.40
Public transport from Casa FF to BHD and back - £10.40 (ridiculous you can't use metro smart tickets on this service anymore. It doesn't really encourage you to use public transport).
There's absolutely no point in us booking domestic flights from BFS. We only go there for holiday flights.

True Blue
3rd Apr 2011, 18:58
And I will now start using Ltn again as I will no longer have to drive past my local airport to use the Ltn service.

TB

flying officer kite
3rd Apr 2011, 19:30
no increase in yields from the move of the Luton route to BHD- course not when it was initially decresed to 2 flights a day, silly woman :D

frequentflyer2
3rd Apr 2011, 21:34
And I will now start using Ltn again as I will no longer have to drive past my local airport to use the Ltn service.

Tell me to mind my own business if I'm being nosy but why does it have to be Luton? To me, the direct rail connection at Stansted makes it the more attractive of the two. Standing in the cold at the Luton bus stop isn't the most uplifting of experiences.
Your post does sum up the problem I have with Belfast International's name. You live in Ballymena and call it your local airport. Wouldn't it be more accurate to call it "Northern Ireland Regional" or something similar.

tallseabird
3rd Apr 2011, 21:51
Does that then mean that Heathrow would be the London airport, Gatwick would be South East England Regional 1, Stansted would be South East England Regional 2 and Luton would be South East England 3- or something similar?

BFS101
3rd Apr 2011, 21:53
Your post does sum up the problem I have with Belfast International's name. You live in Ballymena and call it your local airport. Wouldn't it be more accurate to call it "Northern Ireland Regional" or something similar.BFS was the only gateway to Belfast prior to 1983 when the City (Harbour) Airport started commercial flights, so therefore the name Belfast International.

Now that the name and brand is established, I doubt they'd want to change, just because the City Airport has now become much more successful of late. Sure London has a City Airport, but the surrounding airports still name London in the title, as do a multitude of cities around the world. Still makes perfect sense in my opinion.

True Blue
3rd Apr 2011, 22:07
Personally I avoid Stn if possible. I have found the Stn express into London to be very expensive and not express at all. In my opinion, the express train service does Stn no favours at all, expensive and slow. My preferred airport is Lgw, convenient and quick to get into London. However, at times the Ltn service is useful for its times.

TB

gate 22
4th Apr 2011, 09:35
Anything on BHX? EZY in their video explained that the Northwest of England was a large market to NI. To lead on from that the whole middle of England from MAN/LPL to BRS/LTN/STN is another huge area untapped from BFS. This void will be filled. I suppose EZY don't have enough aircraft at BFS and as BHX is not a base, it maybe doesn't suit them at present. Will RE/EI step in? - there are other options for them at BFS.

LPL-BFS is just aound 1000 passengers per month from becoming the busiest single route by any airline out of NI. This shows how things have changed, as BD BHD/BFS-LHR was top for years.

clareview
4th Apr 2011, 17:34
Surely not 1000 per month - thats only 6 or 7 full plane loads and there are multiple departures every day

mutleyshriek
6th Apr 2011, 00:16
Guys,for the last week I have been adjusting my marketing pa,s and advertising the Manchester and Malta routes and also the Luton route on flights to and from Belfast.I can honestly say that ive had nothing but positive feedback from our passengers especially for the Manchester route and the return of Luton to International.
As for the Bhd supporters spouting that EZY were exploring further expansion at Co Down airport,this was never going to happen.They were approached to be poached but the plan was rejected flat out.

dog in park
6th Apr 2011, 08:53
Well airlines return to BHD also! anyway feedback that you will admit to would be positive. negative stuff you file in the bin

eastern wiseguy
6th Apr 2011, 09:04
Well airlines return to BHD also!

I can't actually think of an airline RETURNING to Harbour AFTER it has left. I can recall Airlines MOVING there and moving OUT,but not moving out and returning(if you exclude the brief dalliance Flybe had with BFS in the mid 90's)

negative stuff you file in the bin

How can you prove that?

dog in park
6th Apr 2011, 10:10
Let me explain! ages ago EZY claimed in an advert they carried 80% of business passengers in NI. They did the survey at BFS at peak time. pr can be twisted. anyway the returning airline will take BHD into europe. faster than an f1 car!

NorthernCounties
6th Apr 2011, 10:36
It must be KLM!

mutleyshriek
6th Apr 2011, 10:57
KLM are talking to BFS as far as im aware,however with EZY Amsterdam increases,its a risk.At Liverpool KLM are reducing to three daily again.Counted 23 off their afternoon AMS yesterday and 19 going back.The loads are shocking and the route has underperformed since its launch.

BFS101
6th Apr 2011, 12:00
Oh fingers crossed for KLM at BHD. Though have KLM ever operated to BHD before??? KLM Cityhopper and KLM UK I think both operated from BFS at a time, was it Air UK that operated into BHD to domestic cities, before the merger with KLM?

Dog in park, any idea when this route(s) and airline will be announced?

dog in park
6th Apr 2011, 12:06
MAY! it should be

mutleyshriek
6th Apr 2011, 12:35
So still not confirmed then.Dont think the residents off East Belfast are gonna enjoy those noisy fokkers if it happens.Then again shows up Brian Ambrose and Katy Best for their basic lack of any social responsibility.

MontyP
6th Apr 2011, 12:35
Just been on the phone to my mate Patrick Power and he says the odds on this happening are long :E

ib26uk
6th Apr 2011, 13:39
Come on easyJet - We want a BFS - BHX service aswell :ok::ok::ok:

Plus more frequencies on the BFS-MAN service

Belboy
6th Apr 2011, 13:49
Direct European services from the city will be great, would it be KLM or flybe in partnership with them. It would however blow a large hole in the argument for a runway extension in order to operate European routes as per Mr A and MOL sometime ago. It would show that European routes would only be restricted on certain aircraft such as 738s.

ericlday
6th Apr 2011, 13:52
''Come on easyJet - We want a BFS - BHX service aswell
Plus more frequencies on the BFS-MAN service''

On what are you basing your request ? Have you figures that could persuade Easy or is it just an ' I would like' comment ?

ib26uk
6th Apr 2011, 17:49
I would LOVE for easyJet to open BFS/BHX to compliment the BFS/MAN route !!

I`m surprised they took aslong as they have to announce BFS/MAN - I thought that they would have acted quicker to announce the new route

Come on easyJet - Its a step in the right direction now please announce BFS/BHX !!

I travel to Belfast (both airports) about 3/4 times a year and would be great to fly with easyJet for a change on a real plane compared to a Dash8 / Embraer 195...

NorthernCounties
6th Apr 2011, 18:39
Now, now... I love the E195... it feels prestigious. Only ever flew it once between BHX and ABZ when it replaced a Q400 due to maintenance issues but I felt like I was on something special. A320's and B738's are over-rated and bland!

dog in park
6th Apr 2011, 19:45
The bottom line is. Bfs have to take legal action to force people to use the airport!

eastern wiseguy
6th Apr 2011, 20:31
The bottom line is. Bfs have to take legal action to force people to use the airport!

Dog that is the biggest load of bolleaux you have EVER posted.

flying officer kite
6th Apr 2011, 22:53
announcements should be made soon :)

Is it true that there was a massive fall out between the BFS bosses and the Ezy bosses very recently?

As for fokker aircraft in BHD, remember Air Berlin with theirs? Anyway they arent as noisy as a 125 taking off

tigger2k8
7th Apr 2011, 01:21
must admit, thats the worst post to date (on your current name) mr dog..:{

flying officer kite, i think there was a lovers tiff within the last 6 months but all was sorted again.. unless theres been a more recent one which i doubt with LTN returning and MAN starting

dog in park
7th Apr 2011, 09:09
Ok then. tiggs and the wise one. why then? why is BFS going to the bother of a court case. its a lot of money.

mutleyshriek
7th Apr 2011, 09:14
Probably because the judge who lifted the cap got a backhander from his old buddy Mr Ambrose.

tigger2k8
7th Apr 2011, 09:27
i love how you dont mention/question the other poster who called your post a load of "bolleaux"

its not just BFS who is the one taking them to court, as far as im aware the residents group is also in on it.. theres certain bits that need cleaned up, as mutley said there was probably some sort of special deal with a judge that happened... not that it matters if the cap is brought back or not, BHD has breached it before, just as the night-time curfew yet nothing is done... people will still use BFS even if the cap is lifted for good, not everyone lives in Belfast or finds BHD conveniant, think some people find that hard to believe on here though

flying officer kite
7th Apr 2011, 09:54
Quote: 'Probably because the judge who lifted the cap got a backhander from his old buddy Mr Ambrose.'

Well whilst in potentially slanderous waters, my understanding was that one of the legals for BFS started it off, but thats only a chinese whisper really. As for the East Belfast residents group, ive met the Dr in charge of it, to be frank shes a nut case, she said she ultimately wanted the City Airport to not be there.

As for runway extensions, are Ryanair's engines not de-rated? This is why they need an extension for Europe, whilst TCX-Belgium, Air Dolomiti, Flybe etc can all do Europe with runway to spare. The TCX route to Reus this summer has been changed to an A321, because the 757 would use up 2 precious stands at BHD, so they must be confident that one of them can make it in and out. Anyone remember the hole gouged out of the runway by a BD 321 nose gear?

BFS101
7th Apr 2011, 10:24
BFS is a business ultimately, and have shareholders to answer to. Therefore if BFS think that BHD are in breach of their planning agreement or the planning contract has been changed unjustly, of course they will get involved. I'm sure the shareholder would expect nothing less. I'm sure they have got legal advice on this, to see if there is a case to answer, and are they likely to win, before spending scarce money.

However, in saying that, if the decision comes back that the passenger cap was legally lifted, and BHD / the judge was completely above board, then Aldergrove will just have to accept that result.

dog in park
7th Apr 2011, 10:54
tiggs bolleaux is not in my dixshaunairy!

eastern wiseguy
7th Apr 2011, 11:11
Dog

You are such a wag.....you know precisely why there would be an objection to expansion from the harbour.

BFS has a perfect right to object when a competitor has allegedly broken the terms of its licence.

I have said many times that there is a place for the city airport BUT to constantly attempt to be the SOLE airport for the greater Belfast area will result in a degradation of choice and service for the travelling public and misery for the residents of East Belfast. (The city remained open until MIDNIGHT to accommodate Baby the other week)

The smokescreen put up by management at the harbour which effectively claimed there would be no european services unless and until there was a runway extension was nothing short of an attempt to capture the entire market to and from NI.This is unhealthy,uncompetitive and should not be permitted to proceed.

I wonder if you can point to any other region in Europe which has a similar population with competing airports Twelve miles apart?

PS For Bolleaux read BOLLOCKS

mutleyshriek
7th Apr 2011, 11:14
Dog,I think its french for bollocks.You know the stuff you talk loads off.

NorthernCounties
7th Apr 2011, 12:15
Ok everyone, lest we forget that this thread is not about Dog in the Park or the word for B*****KS in French.

Back to the thread everyone!

mutleyshriek
7th Apr 2011, 13:09
Cheers Northern,very well said.Eastern,couldent agree more with your post.These people are very short sighted and if they(BHD Management) and their supporters had their way we would end up with a facility that could never serve the needs of the travelling public in the 21st century.Isnt it just as well that the majority of people use the premier gateway to and from the whole of the north,BFS.

BFS101
7th Apr 2011, 13:37
Would appear that Thomas Cook are not to reintroduce Cancun or the Dominican Republic for summer 2012, and no planned direct Florida flights. Infact TCX only plan to operate Sanford from LGW, MAN and GLA with Gatwick only X1 week, summer 2012!!!

In the 90's it seemed that every hole in the hedge in the UK had direct Florida flights. Do we all use CO and VS these days (and EI from DUB for us Northern Irish)???

Jamie2k9
7th Apr 2011, 16:22
Thomas Cook, Direct Hoildays, Falcon etc have dropped BFS - SSH for winter 2011/12.

NWSRG
7th Apr 2011, 21:44
BFS101,

You're right, we all go VS/CO/EI...all of which are great in their own way, but nothing would be as good as going BFS-MCO direct (or SFB). I've said on here before, I reckon we could sustain (at least in summer) a based widebody to serve JFK / YYZ / MCO. We just need someone (VS with a shiny new 787 maybe) to try it...

clareview
7th Apr 2011, 22:22
Regarding a based widebody to do JFK, Toronto and Orlando, that suggests at least 6 rotations - 2 rotations per week to each. If Zoon could not make Toronto work (and that was before Air Transat built up its presence at Dublin) and if Globespan could not make Orlando work (and the charters have struggled with it) and if the tax is putting Continental/United as at disadvantage and if EI gave up BFS - Shannon - JFK with a change at Shannon to Boston and as the road to Dublin is quicker now and US immigration is quick at Dublin and as Dublin as summer links to Toronto, Boston, JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Charlotte, Orlando and Chicago why would anyone consider a BFS route?

What is missing from the island of Ireland is the US West Coast but maybe when the B787 or A350 comes on stream it will be viable

Jamie2k9
7th Apr 2011, 22:35
Also DUB - Montreal.

Aaron9890
7th Apr 2011, 22:58
Although its a loss that routes are being dropped, usually when airlines drop a route they start a new one too test. i think this will be the case with TCX. I don't mean long-haul , but maybe in the future. Just remember we have to new airlines starting at BFS this year Monarch and Olympic Airlines. Maybe these guys will add routes

BFS101
8th Apr 2011, 09:53
If Zoon could not make Toronto work (and that was before Air Transat built up its presence at Dublin)... ...why would anyone consider a BFS route?
We all understand the basic economics of making a routes successful, demand and yield. We have seen EI try Budapest and EZY try summer GVA and they just didn't work, so are pulled after a season or so. However with Canada, let us not forget, these services operated in consecutive years since at least the early 80's. Air Canada with L1011, 747, 767, Air Club International 747, A310, Air Transat L1011, A330, A310, 757, Canada 3000, Worldways, and more recently Zoom and Flyglobespan. These airlines transporting huge numbers of passengers year in year out from Belfast.

So Northern Ireland had an established operation, Chieftain, Globespan and American Holidays amongst others, sold the flights and mostly using Air Transat metal, just before the arrival of Flyglobespan and Zoom. All running smoothly year after year.

Then Zoom entered with weekly Toronto, via Halifax. Then added additional rotations, then added Vancouver and then went year round with both routes (via Cardiff). Not something I would imagine an airline would do if demand and yield did not exist. Yes Zoom went under, but none of us know that Belfast specifically was profit or loss making.

Again when Globespan started up their own airline flying to Hamilton, together with Zoom completely affected the dynamic of the market. With Zoom especially taking trade away from the established consolidators, so their demand drastically fell. Then since the demise of Zoom and Flyglobespan, while the demand that has existed for the past 30 odd years is still there, now the operators that had their fingers burnt in the past aren't returning. Personally I think it is ludicrous to think that if Exeter can have direct Canada, albeit via Newcastle, that BFS could not sustain the link once more. Yes there are people who will chase the pounds and fly from DUB, but there are others who are prepared to pay for convenience and fly from BFS. It's just trying to convince the likes of Canadian Affair to re-enter the Belfast market, after Zoom caused them much headache.

For all intents and purposes Belfast may have had absolutley no influence in the demaise of both these carriers, however has suffered greatly as a result.

Just remember we have to new airlines starting at BFS this year Monarch and Olympic Airlines.
Haven't heard about Olympic Airlines. Where are they operating to, when??? Know that Olympic Holidays have added Rhodes, think using Fly Hellas, but in saying that have cut capacity vastly to Cyprus due to the demise of Eurocypria.

Aaron9890
8th Apr 2011, 20:22
Know that Olympic Holidays have added Rhodes, think using Fly Hellas

I thought Olympic Airlines where doing this route, sorry!

starts 25th May doesn't it??

yeah your right!!

Aaron9890
12th Apr 2011, 22:32
Aberdeen Airport now has a long haul flight to Baku from Azerbaijan Arlines. Still we have no long haul flights. BFS must be so unattractive to airlines.

NorthernCounties
12th Apr 2011, 22:38
Aberdeen Airport now has a long haul flight to Baku from Azerbaijan Arlines. Still we have no long haul flights. BFS must be so unattractive to airlines.
:rolleyes: How have you come to that conclusion. The route to Baku is to do with the North Sea operations out of Aberdeen Dock. It's hardly a route that'll be used for tourists. FYI, Newark is as a long haul route.

On a further note, please edit previous edits if no one has responded instead of posting new ones. Cheers.

EGAC is Better
13th Apr 2011, 12:13
Air Canada to launch cut-rate carrier - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/air-canada-to-launch-cut-rate-carrier/article1980935/)

A potential candidate to mop up some of the demand for Canada from NI? Discuss!

tigger2k8
13th Apr 2011, 12:20
Air Canada to launch cut-rate carrier - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/air-canada-to-launch-cut-rate-carrier/article1980935/)

A potential candidate to mop up some of the demand for Canada from NI? Discuss!

oh one can hope, would save me having to travel as a transfer passenger any time i go to Canada, was so conveniant when Globespan was around. The demand is there for a flight to Canada in summer, but with fuel prices so high and our higher taxes compared to DUB.. will it ever happen?

dublindispatch
13th Apr 2011, 14:08
More likely that the AC YYZ-DUB-YYZ would convert to the LCC than risk new launch at BFS

ara01jbb
13th Apr 2011, 14:25
More likely that the AC YYZ-DUB-YYZ would convert to the LCC than risk new launch at BFS

The seasonal YYZ-DUB-YYZ already was a hint of what might be to come, using a 767 that hadn't received Air Canada's XM ("eXtreme Makeover") interior. Without lie-flat J or the personal IFE, and the old J cradle cabin was sold as Economy Extra instead of J.

Aaron9890
13th Apr 2011, 16:58
even if that does happen. It will not be for at leas 5 -10 years

BFS101
14th Apr 2011, 16:45
Provisional March CAA statistics are in. Bizarrely on the domestics, with BHD competition, most are up. On European routes, the picture is much less rosey. On the whole though passengers -4.6% from March 2010, at 286473.

LGW +13%
LHR +1%
STN +29%
BRS +8%
EDI -1%
GLA +10%
LBA +15%
LPL +12%
NCL -7%

CDG -7%
AMS +3%
GVA +5%
INN +41%
MJV +93%
KRK +4%
FAO -27%
ALC -21%
BCN -19%
AGP -9%
PMI -48%
ACE -6%
FUA -15%
LPA -14%
TFS -11%
MIR +412%
SSH -9%
EWR +2%

Of note maybe is that besides LHR, BFS was the only UK airport to report a growth figure to Newark, and at 8152 we are close to BHX at 8215, 8906 for EDI and 8645 at GLA.

tigger2k8
15th Apr 2011, 12:02
Quite surprised at some of those figures, good to see routes doing well.. as already said on the LDY thread, April and May will be confusing months with the ash clouds..

as a comparison for Belfast to Alicante (used 2011 for EZY, EI and LS and 2012 for WW) this could be an unfair way of looking at it, but anyway.. dates are a little different due to schedules

EZY

Dep - 14th Aug, Return - 21st Aug
1 Bag @ £25 (no mention if this is in total or 1 way, never booked baggage with ezy before)
1x Adult
Total - £183.98

EI

Dep - 16th Aug - Return 20th Aug
1 Bag @ - £24 (£12, each way, online purchase)
1x Adult
Total - £181.36

LS

Dep - 15th Aug - Return - 22nd Aug
1 Bag @ £31.98
1x Adult
Total - £193.96

WW (2012)

Dep - 13th Aug - Return 20th Aug
1 Bag @ £31.98
1x Adult
Total - £173.96

now the flights by EZY, EI and LS are this year, just a few months away and the prices are between £180-£200, WW who have only just announced their flights and probably have very little booked compared to EZY, EI and LS, due to it being next year and yet they are charging almost £174

now that could be a completely unfair way to judge pricing, but the fact that the flights by EZY, EI and LS already have id say around 100+ sold for that time of year..

Edit - I could have missed options or clicked the wrong buttons, was done quickly, if anyone else wants to try it, feel free

BFS101
15th Apr 2011, 16:54
After what I put about the CO pax numbers, caught the front page of the Telegraph on my way home from work, and would appear likely that Continental will pull out of Northern Ireland. Would be a big blow, especially for the convenience of business links!! Blaming the high APD tax in the UK.

TSR2
15th Apr 2011, 18:05
On the whole though passengers -4.6% from March 2010, at 286473.

But unfortunately the rolling year is down 10% at 3,976,769.

Aaron9890
15th Apr 2011, 18:56
caught the front page of the Telegraph on my way home from work

i noticed this as well
this article is said to be from February but it was similar to what was in todays newspaper.

Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/search/index.jsp)

i doubt they will lower taxes for one airline. It will be a massive loss if Continental pull out. that would completely cut off N.I from the west after SFB is finished this summer

belfastmark
16th Apr 2011, 14:17
Tonight there are four aer lingus planes arriving in, London, Rome, Tenerife & Lanzarote i thought we only had three? Does a fourth one make a show this summer some times?

tigger2k8
16th Apr 2011, 15:33
Tonight there are four aer lingus planes arriving in, London, Rome, Tenerife & Lanzarote i thought we only had three? Does a fourth one make a show this summer some times?

More than likely an error in the FMS, EI043 isnt scheduled tonight

AIRPORT66
16th Apr 2011, 16:05
Anymore talk about the continental do we still have it or has it gone.

tigger2k8
16th Apr 2011, 16:32
Found the article mentioned yesterday online (i think?)

Emergency talks in bid to protect Northern Ireland’s threatened US air link - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/emergency-talks-in-bid-to-protect-northern-irelandrsquos-threatened-us-air-link-15143316.html)

fingers crossed they can sort something out, after all if they are wanting to lower business taxes here to be in competition with Ireland then i dont see how ADP rates can be ignored, especially here in N.Ireland

the last paragraph is interesting, which sums up the whole article.. unless fuel prices drop or something is done with ADP then I would say it could be dropped after summer.. which would be a shame as plenty of people use the route, as growth has been seen despite the economy

Industry insiders have said that Belfast is particularly at risk because it is already making a loss.

dublindispatch
16th Apr 2011, 19:22
I have also heard that the big push is to use star alliance flights into DUB and use CBP then onto the CO flight to EWR. SNN DUB and BFS all being looked at im told not just the BFS flight

Jamie2k9
16th Apr 2011, 19:43
Also United are pushing CO to drop European routes. United only fly to major European airports where as CO fly to smaller ones as well as major ones.

It wouldn't surprise me if SNN and one or two other UK airports get dropped as a result.

EI-BUD
16th Apr 2011, 20:08
Continental/United will also drop the second daily flight on Dublin Newark from end September. The flight has been x2 daily for quite some time. The price of fuel is bound to be playing a part in these change, with the implication on fares hitting demand.

Ei-bud

Jamie2k9
16th Apr 2011, 20:11
Yes and MAN will loose it as well. Last year both MAN and DUB second flight stopped at the end of October.

AIRPORT66
17th Apr 2011, 12:11
Things don't sound to good for the BFS/NEWARK route then if they are cutting back on flights from bigger airports like MAN and DUB.

clareview
17th Apr 2011, 12:33
They key is cost - its regularly more expensive to fly BFS-EWR than Dub-EWR aminly due to the tax situation - an example of government policy reducing instead of supporting tourism. While those who can afford it will fly BFS for convenience, those tha are price sensitive will pay for the coach to Dub and still save money. Plus of course once at Dub there is a much greater choice of flights, making transfer etc. easier plus the immigration/customs clearance avoinding queues stateside

I also wonder if the talked about increase in Delta capacity Dub-JFK will his United/Continental - the Continental advantage over EI is the feed in to the Continental network in the US and Delata always provides this - hence the Atlanta routs success over the years through thick and thin.

david1994
18th Apr 2011, 22:40
For anyone that missed it this evenings Dalaman flight TCX3504 was operated by the 753 (G-JMAB) Operated a GLA-BFS-DLM-GLA

BHD2BFS
18th Apr 2011, 22:52
hey guys
just wondering if anyone has heard any new route rumour's
any idea if the BFS management are working hard to try and counteract the big BMI baby announcement at BHD or possibly get back the routes they lost with the departure of baby, it seems to be taking a while to get those routes back

thanks

mutleyshriek
19th Apr 2011, 00:27
Oh yes......

AIRPORT66
19th Apr 2011, 12:11
That so called big annoucement by baby last week will not have as big inpact on what goes on in BFS next summer how can an operation which is going to fall flat on its face be any threat thats if its still around next year.

BFS101
19th Apr 2011, 12:55
Jet2.com have selected Spanish routes on sale now for summer 2012 from BFS. Murcia appears to have been reduced slightly, with Alicante being increased. Mahon, Ibiza and Palma also now on sale.

tigger2k8
19th Apr 2011, 16:43
Well i thought id carry out a bit of price comparing again, this time for AMS and GVA running this winter, the results are quite alarming with savings of £50 or more per person possible with flying from BFS.. for example (based on paying via Debit Card, if you have an electron card, you can save more):

You can save £66.98 when flying EZY BFS-AMS-BFS with 1 bag
You can also save £115.02 when flying EZY BFS-GVA-BFS with 1 bag

Who comes up with these pricing structures, do they check the prices from BFS? People drive to DUB for these sorts of price differences! (Especially families/groups)

BFS-AMS (Return Trip, No bags)(7th Nov to 11th Nov)

Pay by Visa Electron: £48.98 +1 Bag = £66.98
Pay by Visa Debit Card: £56.98 +1 Bag =£74.98
Pay by Credit Card: £61.93 +1 Bag = £79.93

BHD-AMS (Return Trip, No bags)(7th Nov to 11th Nov)(Prices are "discounted")

£95.98 (on-line checkin)
£111.98 (airport checkin)
£141.96 (airport checkin, 1 bag)

BFS-GVA (Return Trip) (19th Dec to 23rd Dec)

Pay by Visa Electron: £105.98 +1 Bag = £127.98
Pay by Visa Debit Card: £113.98 +1 Bag = £135.98
Pay by Credit Card: £118.93 +1 Bag = £140.93

BHD-GVA (Return Trip) (17th Dec to 23rd Dec) (Different dates due to scheduling)(Prices are "discounted")

£203.48 (Online check-in, no bags)
£219.48 (Airport check-in)
£251.46 (Airport check-in,1 bag)

If WW can fill the seats at these prices they will be smiling, but as i said above, some people travel to DUB to make the savings mentioned above...