PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TightSlot
15th Jun 2008, 07:10
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

newscaster
15th Jun 2008, 15:17
Are they open to hiring people above 35, with no airline experience.

dazednconfused
15th Jun 2008, 15:49
hey all! FINALLY got the phone call........I'M IN! I also got the contract, the medical forms and the grooming booklet...........man, am I happy!!!! :):)

dazednconfused
15th Jun 2008, 18:15
we are in the cabin crew wannabees forum so I obviously applied for the position of Cabin Crew......:)

Pinball
16th Jun 2008, 17:42
anyone joining the assessment in HongKong0 did anyone receive an invite?
how many days it takes for them to send assessment will be on the 29th of June i wonder if anyone already receive an invite?

please Message me thanks..

sheilajkk
19th Jun 2008, 05:59
could anyone tell me whats salary break up at etihad for cabin managers,as im contemplating to join.thanks

Mari
19th Jun 2008, 18:55
Cabin managers (Pursers) make around 14-15,000 dhs per month. (Meal allowances included.) Single accomodation is offered.

You have to fly min. 1 year before you apply for the position. Previous experience is considered.

As far as I know.

andycool
21st Jun 2008, 09:15
Hello everyone, does anybody knows how much is the average salary in euros or Pounds?

The site is a bit confusing as they advert from to... so how much comes to be every month in your pocket?
Is it a good company to work for? do they give you free tickets to go back home when you want for free? since the start?
thanks
(beside how's the life in Abu dhabi?)

Airgus
21st Jun 2008, 10:05
Check it here (it was already posted):

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=324196

to convert it from AED (UAE Dirhams) to EUR use this link:
www.xe.com

Happy Flights,

Mr Seatback 2
21st Jun 2008, 10:33
A question re: uniform allocation...

1) Does EY provide crew with a large suitcase, as part of the uniform set; and
2) Do EY provide shoes as part of the uniform?

I've heard conflicting stories, so after a majority consensus now...Useful to know in advance before I pack/buy unnecessary items!

Crew_Girl_2
21st Jun 2008, 11:22
I just had a question. I attended the Etihad open day last week wednesday 18th in Luton and got through to the final stage.

Just wondering how long it takes for Etihad to get back to you? Do they email you first then call and do they send the contracts after a phone call?

Any information would be great i am so excited for this opporunity and keep checking my emails every 10 mins.

maquillage1
21st Jun 2008, 18:23
Crew_Girl_2:

My experience was: 10 days after my FI, I got an email saying something like, "we are happy to inform you that we will continue to process your application for the necessary clearances and approvals, etc, etc..." That's the email you want to get, because I think there's another one that basically says "thanks, but no thanks." Then it took them 2 weeks to contact me, in which they sent me my contract, medical forms, and pre-training info.

I'm guessing you'll probably get an email within a week.

Hope that helps! :ok:

dazednconfused
22nd Jun 2008, 07:36
I think how long it takes varies from assessment to assessment... I went to the one in London on 29th April and the girls and I did not get a reply till after one month....we got the same email that maquillage is talking about..... then a week ago I finally got the call and an email with my contract etc.

I checked my email all the time too but eventually gave up cos it took sooooo long..... and it wasnt supposed to..... but in the end all worth it:):)

jqlass
22nd Jun 2008, 09:17
Hey Dazednconfused.. Congrats on finally getting the call... You must have been close to pulling your hair out!! What date do you have for your date of joining?

dazednconfused
22nd Jun 2008, 11:53
yeah it was horrible not knowing whether i was in or out...at least now i can relax and just look forward to the move...

I wont be starting training till 31st of August as I realised I had some commitments here I cant get out of... Ryan told me to write "as soon as possible" on my contract though so it doesn't even say my doj.... pretty sure everyones joining before me but at least that way i will have people telling me what its like:) how about yourself?

andycool
22nd Jun 2008, 15:39
so the average salary for Ethiad is around 9000-12.500 dhs wich is about 2,178.07 EUR???? :eek: ....:bored:

Guys I really dont understand why someone should go over there for that money, I mean even if they pay your accomodation you wont get rich for sure.. and if I think back when I was n 1 in ryan air I used to get that money working in my city!!! Sorry for my point of view but that's definately not a good salary.. there's nothing to do I think unfortunately aviation is not woth it anymore, at least not for people over 20 years old.. time to change.:(

jumpseat_X
22nd Jun 2008, 15:57
;) Hi everyone .I got e-mail invitation for assessment day in Abu dhabi on june 30 and i need u advice me what's will happening ...and anyone has experience pls sharing for me

Many thank...:sad:

steel06
22nd Jun 2008, 21:20
i'm not here to GET RICH. i'm here to travel and see the corners of the globe which i am doing now. i get to save 75% of the salary every month cause everything is paid for by the company.:}

Nickvan
22nd Jun 2008, 23:56
Mr_Seatback2

Males - Suitcase and cabin bag
Females - Suitcase, cabin bag & handbag.

For shoes -

Males - 2 pairs black
Females - 1 Cabin Shoes for once onboard and 1 pair you change once you leave the aircraft.

On a yearly basis we are allocated with a points system in order for renewal uniform.

Andycool -

I guess each to their own when it comes to the salary part. But we have a large population of European Cabin crew here. There not only here for the salary..its the experience and the job that gets us going.

dazednconfused
23rd Jun 2008, 17:23
hey all

in the middle of doing my medicals and just had some vaccinations today.. On the medical form it says that it is strongly advised to get a tuberculosis vaccination, however, my doctor said it wasn't necessarry... it is not a must...but what do you guys think... did you get it done?

thanks

Crew_Girl_2
23rd Jun 2008, 18:14
Everyone for your input it means a lot! I guess the waiting game begins...here's hoping it's not a month 'til i hear. There were only 7 peple that got through to the final stage so hopefully it'll speed things up!

Dazedandconfused - Good luck maybe i'll see you out there?!
:D

maquillage1
23rd Jun 2008, 21:02
Yeah, its the BCG one, right? The doctor said it was useless. Not only have they discontinued it here 30 years ago, but there's NO proof that it works, and nearly everyone has a bad reaction to it, so go figure, LOL! So I didn't get it either, he pretty much refused to give it to me.

jqlass
23rd Jun 2008, 23:53
DAZEDNCONFUSED

I have been asking the same question as you... My sister is a Doctor and she says its useless, the chance of it working is 0-80%... so basically nothing! Also apparently its a terrible needle to get you can get a very bad reaction from it (she has a big scar on her arm where a giant puss ball formed after it!!!) So im not getting it either... If I find once im over in the UAE that I do need it then Im sure I can have it done over there! Good luck with the medical, see you in AUH soon!!!!

jqlass
23rd Jun 2008, 23:58
Also to ANDYCOOL.... I dont think anyone is stupid enough to think that becomming a flight attendant will make you money! Those days are long gone no matter where in the world you are! As others have said you go to Etihad for the experience of living in a different country, doing the job we love and having some decent layovers! Im not sure what Ryanair is like but in my current company layover are very few and when we do get them its usually somewhere horrible!!!

dazednconfused
24th Jun 2008, 06:48
Thanks a lot for you input guys.... I'm not going to get it either....

But wanted to ask you another question... I am not going to fly out to AUH until the end of August but how much time do they need to have a look at my medicals? Cos the doctor had rescheduled with me so that I go back to see him in a month (23rd July) to have my second dose of hepatitis B.. is this ok? or do they need more than a month before I leave?

maquillage1
24th Jun 2008, 13:07
I'm in the same situation with the Hep A&B shots... I'll be able to get the 2nd shot before I leave, but the 3rd one will be done over there. I emailed HR about that last week and they said it was okay to get the 3rd shot over there. :ok: I'm actually getting the 2nd shot a couple of days before I go.

dazednconfused
24th Jun 2008, 17:41
a 3rd shot? weird...i only need each shot twice... (hepatitis a and b)

i guesi will write ryan to ask if its alright to send off the medicals a month before my doj...but i suppose its fine since so many people are in much more of a hurry than i am..

maquillage1
24th Jun 2008, 21:22
yeah, I'm getting the Twinrix shots, which is a 3 shot system. You get them all within the course of 6 months or so... so I'm able to get my 2nd shot in a few weeks, and then I'll get my last shot 6 months after my 2nd shot. So confusing, LOL!

But good to know everyone's doctor doesn't like to give the BCG shot.

Good luck everyone, and see you all in AUH! :ok:

Mr 1A!
25th Jun 2008, 06:56
Thats odd, I just had my last Hep A/B shot today. The one I had was one every 2weeks. It was 3 shots aswell. Well I hope its ok lol but im sure the doc woulnt have given them to me if it wasnt.:confused:

Well goodluck everyone and see you in Abu Dhabi soon... only two weeks to go!!! :)

maquillage1
25th Jun 2008, 12:28
Mr 1A, did you get the Twinrix shots? That's the system Etihad recommended on the form, and its what the doctor wanted to give as well. But you're lucky you'll have them all before you go!

Keep us posted on how training is! I'm taking off 2 weeks after you, so excited! :)

Jap
25th Jun 2008, 13:17
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the assesment days look like?? going for the assesment soon...

Cheers

Mr 1A!
26th Jun 2008, 11:30
Hi Jap,

If lyou look back at the old threads you will find some great info on the assesment days... but here is the basic what happens on the day.

1st you will do a reach test and then hand in your resume and photos.

2nd you the all sit and listen to the presentation on Etihad and life in Abu Dhabi.

3rd you will do a basic english test.

4th will do a one on one interview for about 5min. Here you will select an item from the floor and explain why you chose it and also talk about your resume.

You will break here and then the 1st cut off point happens.
Here they will give lunch to those who move on to the next stage.

5th you do a 1min speach on a topic they give to you 1min before you have to do it.

6th split up into two groups and do a group activity
(rember they will look at how you work with a group not the actual senario)

break again while they review everyones performance.
They will then make another cut.

7th Final interview and fill out documents.

End of day :}

This is what I can remember but if anyone can think of anything else please jump in and correct me :) Hope this helps.

Goodluck and be yourself (I know easier said than done):ugh:

maquillage1
28th Jun 2008, 02:58
hey EY142,

I was at the Toronto day, I probably know you!

Have you completed your medicals? Do you have a recommendation as to how to send them? Does a PDF file work?

Nickvan
28th Jun 2008, 07:18
Hey all,

In regards to the drug test...EY searches for 10 illegal drugs in your system...
As for the BCG..forget it..thats old stuff..now days doctors dont do them. Not necessary.

Remember guys..Once you arrive into AUH. You will need to do the whole Medicals again! Whatever you didnt complete at home.You will finish it off here in AUH.

As of 1st July we will be having 4 batches started a day. 2 Day classes and 2 evening. So is getting abit busier as of next week.

dazednconfused
29th Jun 2008, 09:48
I thought training only starts on sundays?!?

Does anyone know how long people are staying in hotels for at the moment before moving into their accomodation?

anyone moving in late august??

See you all in AUH:-)

Jihane86
29th Jun 2008, 11:24
I also have a question about the transportation provided by the company! If we should stay at hotels for the fisrt few months and we are in training how does this pick up service work? Do you have to take a taxy by yourself or will they pick anyone of the batch from the hotels around? i cannot understand this or do they put all trainees in the same hotels?

Jihane86
29th Jun 2008, 11:31
Hey guys,

what about the pre course workbook? When they sent me the contract there was a link of a website designed by ETIHAD for the new joiners! There were several parts listed on the website about Airline Language etc. On the email, there was mentioned that we should learn this section as we will be tested about it within the first week of training! It`s too much!!!!!!

Mr Seatback 2
29th Jun 2008, 13:04
If you think the pre-course work is hard...wait till you hit the different aircraft types, emergency drills, etc.

Mr 1A!
29th Jun 2008, 13:08
Hi Jihane86,

That airline language is alot to learn!! Im only use to airport language...so much more cabin language! Im trying to get that all in my head but some of them just wont stick in my head...well a week n abit to learn them before leaving!!:}

Nickvan
29th Jun 2008, 13:45
Sorry my apologies..Yes training starts Sundays..which is 29th July..today.

We still have a few hundred crew in temporary accomadation/Hotels.
The first phase of the "Etihad Village" is open. To my understanding the first to be relocated to the new village are those in Temporary accomadation/Hotels & New Cabin Managers.

If you are in Hotels during training and if so when you start flying. Transportation will collect you and drop you back before/after each flight.

During training you will learn alot of Airline/Safety Jargon. Especially when it comes to Boeing & Airbus...totally different procedures etc etc..All will make more sence once you go online. I dont want to scare anyone.
Eg. Diagram exams, we need to remember where all the equipment & stowage for each aircraft. Label & point out..etc etc...anyways..more be known when you join.

Goodluck

EY142
29th Jun 2008, 17:43
sup pple!
anyone joining on july 13th?
please let me know

dazednconfused
29th Jun 2008, 17:50
hello,

just wondering about something...what are the rules for staff travel and how many discounted tickets and by how much do i get for my family? and which family members are included??? I know that working for an airline one gets the chance to see the world if there are available seats on a flight so it doesnt make sense to me when they write that you get one confirmed ticket to ur home country a year.....can anyone clarify this please??

also, are EY part of any alliance or is it only possible to fly EY??

Thanks much

Mr Seatback 2
30th Jun 2008, 01:29
Well...I'm starting July 13th...insha'allah! ;)

Nickvan
30th Jun 2008, 07:32
As crew we get 10 bonus tickets a year. On a yearly basis we can add up to 8 friends/relatives. Good thing we can add anyone.

Our Parents are automatically added on and they get unlimited ID90's and ID50's.

The 10 bonus tickets are 5 ID50's and 5 ID90's to use each year.

We can also book ID50's in Pearl (Business Class) Diamond (First Class) with EY which is great.
We have ZED agreements with many airlines. We can Book Staff tickets with LH & TK in business class etc etc.. ID50 Firm on EK and the list goes on.

dazednconfused
30th Jun 2008, 15:05
Thanks for your reply... so I get 10 ticktes for other people than myself? and my parents can come visit me as much as they want?? or did i get it all wrong??
how many do I get for myself??

Nickvan
30th Jun 2008, 16:36
Dazedconfused

We get unlimited tickets (ID50/ID90) with Etihad. We can book ID50 in Pearl & Diamond zone too.
We have ZED agreements with many airlines as well where we can book ID50/ID90.

Your Parents will get unlimited travel on ID90's on Etihad. They will get 2 ID50's each a year also with Etihad.
They are also entitled to ZED tickets with other Carriers.

Your 8 friends/relatives get 10 tickets (5 ID50 & 5 ID90) between the 8 of them a year from your anniversary date.

ceopita
30th Jun 2008, 19:01
PLEASE COULD YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE TRAINING FOR NEW JOINERS? HOW LONG, WHAT SUBJECTS, WHAT EXAMS :rolleyes:AND ARE THEY QUESTIONS WITH MULTIPLE ANSWERS.:ugh:

Nickvan
1st Jul 2008, 16:13
Ceopita, you question is too broad to answer.

Your going to be Cabin Crew... so what what you think comes with the training? Obviously Safety, Service & Aviation Heatlh.
Multiple choice & Writing, also diagrams included.

If you really want a run down...best you wait till you start training...
Guys please use the search option in this forum. Your questions have already been answered.

Cheers

Jihane86
1st Jul 2008, 17:12
Hey my dears:-) My precourse wokrbook is nearly finished an I am doing fine! i always wanted to join ETIHAd and I will do my utmost to be a good crew member!

Who can tell me at what time classes usually start and for how long a day in the training academy lasts? When do you start and when do you finish?

So happy to meet some of you guys over there!

Cleared for take off!

midoy10
1st Jul 2008, 20:45
6:45 wake up

7:30 going to the academy

8:00 start classes

That what i know :p

good work in training :D

maquillage1
1st Jul 2008, 21:02
Hi Jihane:

On the website they sent us with the pre-course info, etc, it says that training normally begins at 0800 and ends at 1530, Sunday through Thursday. Depending on what we need to be doing, the training hours/days may vary. Training is 7 weeks.

Hope you're doing well will your pre-course work. :ok:

sheilajkk
3rd Jul 2008, 07:52
hi can anyone provide salary of a cabin manager in etihad of a married status.is it a conducive airline to work with.how are employees treated?thanks

Nickvan
3rd Jul 2008, 15:16
Hey newjoiners...

As most of you aware...You will need to re-do your medicals in AUH as part of GCAA & Also in order to obtain your UAE Residence Visa.

The GCAA has recently upgraded the
medical standards of cabin crew from
class IV to class II, which is equivalent
to pilots, meaning medicals are abit tougher now.

This applies to all Cabincrew joining any UAE Carrier, Air Arabia, Emirates, Etihad, etc etc...

These changes include -

Psychiatric: standards have become more
rigid
• Neurological: cases of severe head
injury, unconsciousness without
explainable medical reason and all cases of
epilepsy will be unfit for cabin crew duties
• Cardiovascular: ECG will be a part of the
medical examination
• Visual: only safe defective cases of
colour blindness will be accepted and
individuals requiring visual correction or eye
surgery will undergo complete examination
• Hearing: any hearing loss or ear disease will
require a full ENT check

Jihane86
3rd Jul 2008, 19:09
What are the exact visual requirekents for cabin crew joining a Carrier in the UAE? I am 100% colour safe and use contact lenses for visual correction and I do not have any problems. Are there any limits set??

lili2929
7th Jul 2008, 20:22
I am joining etihad soon and i am quite curious to know what a typical monthly roster look like !
If anyone has an exemple, could you please show it me!

maquillage1
7th Jul 2008, 22:26
Just curious how long everyone had to wait to hear back from HR regarding your medicals? I sent mine just over a week ago and I still haven't heard back. I know that patience is a virtue, but it makes you so paranoid, LOL! :}

dazednconfused
8th Jul 2008, 06:40
hey all,

could anyone tell me what the cabin crew accomodation is like? I know we will be staying in hotels at first- do we get our own room?? and what are the permanent apartments like??

also, do i need to get a copy of my chest x-ray to bring to abu dhabi? My doctor only filled out the papers saying everything was fine...

Thanks...

EY142
8th Jul 2008, 06:59
u dont need to bring ur xray copy...because once u arrive in auh..
u ill need to do another chest xray.

Jihane86
8th Jul 2008, 07:28
On the medical forms it says that all investigations should be attached in original and at this line there was also the Chest XRay listed! i don`t know if it belongs to the investigations but I am taking mine with me to AUh as some of those who joined told me that it is important cuase the AME will ask for it and for the dentist one when he will be going through you medicals and doing some checkups with u!

Mine was for free so I will take it anyway!

maquillage1
8th Jul 2008, 13:24
So long as we have the 2 bitewings and the panoramic x-rays from the Dentist, then that's all we need to attach. On the medical forms, they only mentioned to attach the dental x-rays, nothing about the chest x-ray. I wouldn't worry about bringing it. My doctor didn't even see mine. He just had a form from the hospital that stated that everything was healthy and normal. :ok:

dazednconfused
9th Jul 2008, 12:01
so no one knows anything about accomodation??

lili2929
9th Jul 2008, 12:12
I only ow the name of the hotel i am going to stay but i have no idea what is look like !

maquillage1
9th Jul 2008, 14:33
For accommodations, I'm pretty sure most people get put into a hotel for a while, which I believe is your own, you don't have to share. But we may get lucky and get into an apartment, which we will have 1 or 2 roommates. :)

How is everyone doing with medicals//packing//etc...? When are you all leaving?

lili2929
9th Jul 2008, 16:45
I am leaving next week !

dazednconfused
11th Jul 2008, 06:33
hey guys,

they changed the vacancies on the website to 150 instead of 600.. wow they must have recruited a lot then or maybe they've realized they dont need as many!!!

whisky777
11th Jul 2008, 09:50
Hi,

Anyone heard from recruitment about the cabin manager/ sccm applications???

I had an email requesting I send them choice of city from assessment schedule, but have not heard anything else since... ( a month ago...):bored:

I have tried to call them, but every number I have been given for recruitment so far is either an answer machine or just keeps ringing - does anyone have a direct contact number where I can speak to a person!?

Many Thanks

Nickvan
11th Jul 2008, 15:59
Dazedandconfused....

There are no more room for crew in any of the Etihad Accomadation Towers..There are 16 in total in Abu Dhabi..all Choc-a-block.

Few hundred are currently in Hotels/Apartments. In these ones you will have you own Room..Depending on the hotel/apartment I cannot tell you what the rooms are like.

Once the first phase of Etihad Village is open within the next few weeks. Those crew living in Temporary accomadation such as hotels/apartments will be first to be relocated. This is spanking new, with gym, pool, sauna, shops etc etc etc...Eventually all of EY will be living there...

Whisky777 Try 505-8000 this is the main Switchboard who can put you through to HR/Recruitment.

dazednconfused
11th Jul 2008, 17:01
thanks so much for your reply... do you then think that when i join in late august i will get to live in the village or will i be living in one of the other towers?? also, do most new recruits live with people who r already working or with new recruits as well??

squirly
22nd Jul 2008, 18:19
Hi all!!
Guys and girls is nice to be back!! HE HE long time no see!!
Nikvan are you etihad crew?...if you are give complete information do not let the neebies wonder so much! I hope i did not ofend you by sayig this.

dazednconfused my friend as nickvan mentioned there is a village so to say that is beeing built at the moment first phase of construsction will be completede this year late September....it has all that you need except that is in the middle of the desert near to Etihad academy and 5 minutes away from the airport.

For some people this may seem ok but there is no taxi station ..to go to the city except if you have your own car.
The accomodation will be the same as before :1 appartment fully furbished for 2 cabin crew same sex; each one in his own room and his private bathroom, only things to share are the living room and the kitchen..you have washing mashine and dryer microvawe cooker oven..etc
For the Cabin managers is a different story....

I there is anything you want to ask please fell free to send a PM to my inbox.

I hope i can put some lite on all the intrests!!

Regards to all!!

ziadhimself
24th Jul 2008, 12:16
you should try it before giving comments my frnd...u can sav a lot in this job

maeson
30th Jul 2008, 00:23
Hi All....

Did anyone here attend the Melbourne Recruitment day on 3rd July? Has anyone heard if they have progressed?

I have received an email and i know my references have been checked but i have not heard anything... yet. It has been a week since my reference check... i guess i am being impatient but, like the rest of you i'm sure, i am wanting the good news.

If anyone can shed some light. That would be great. Also, any Melboune folk... get in touch.

M

maquillage1
30th Jul 2008, 00:44
hey maeson:

You should definitely be hearing something soon. My references were checked before I got the "we are happy to inform you..." email. The time between when I had my interview and when I got my contract was close to 4 weeks. I am assuming you will hear either this week or next.

Good luck and see you in AUH! :ok:

maeson
30th Jul 2008, 01:06
Thanks Macquillage,

Do many people get this far and not get accepted???

Also, during traing i assume you are on base salary. Is that enought to live off for the first two months or should i plan to take extra cash? (assuming i get the job of course). If so... how much extra should i plan to save..

M

maquillage1
30th Jul 2008, 04:59
Oh no worries! I'm always happy to help.

Umm, I think most people make it on to the medicals round, but some people have gotten rejected after the final interview.

I'm not in AUH yet, but where you are making your base salary, I will assume it will be enough to buy yourself food, and maybe pay the odd bill here and there, or so I am hoping, as I have spent all of my money on getting my medicals. :}

maeson
30th Jul 2008, 05:22
Which final interview??? the one at the recruitment day or is there another??? (eg: via phone???)

maquillage1
30th Jul 2008, 20:37
Oh, LOL! Yes, when I said 'final interview' I meant the people who made it through to the final stage at the assessment day. Sorry for the confusion! :ok:

easton87
3rd Aug 2008, 17:17
Hi there, is anybody attending the cabin crew assessment day in Abu Dhabi on the 11th Aug?

principessa
4th Aug 2008, 14:26
Do F & B Managers get their own accom?? And what if I want my male 'cousin' to visit..... is there limited time frames for family visits?
I've received my contract, still making my decison.
Any advice appreciated.

Mossu
7th Aug 2008, 08:30
Hello!

Is there anyone who lives in Abu dhabi and works as a cabin crew in Etihad??

I would love to hear experiense on that. How long work day's? free days? Salary? accomodation? clients? City? everything! :)

Is is hard for European to settel in arabic city??

lili2929
7th Aug 2008, 09:42
I am finally joinig this week!
Anybody joining the 10th of august as well?

adsSW
8th Aug 2008, 15:28
For the initial application, it asks for a full size photo and a passport size photo....

I take it by that it means a full length photo, and a head only passport photo? Or have I read it wrong? :confused: Any tips on the photos, what to wear, how to stand etc.....

dazednconfused
9th Aug 2008, 07:34
yeah full size/full length same thing.. and with regards to passport size photo they prob want your face and a bit of your shoulders.. its important to wear business attire and SMILE:D

maeson
11th Aug 2008, 06:00
Hello All!!!!

I finally got the phone call everyone dreams about. They have offered me the job in AUH. YAY.

Has anyone received job offers??? Is there anyone from Melbourne Australia???

If so... Let me know. Would love to meet and celebrate!!!!!

:)

Becky84
11th Aug 2008, 07:42
It has now been over 4 weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard anything since the 'we are continuing to process your application' email!
Does anyone know when we are expected to hear anything?! It's driving me crazy!!

maeson
11th Aug 2008, 09:07
Hey Becky84,

It was driving me crazy too. I just got the call today accepting me into EY. I went to the recruitment day in MEL on the 3rd July. Do you know if your references have been checked? Mine were checked nearly three weeks ago. That should give you a guide.

If you cant take it any longer, just send them a polite email. I emailed them this morning. I got a reply a few hours later saying my file had been handed onto a specific recruitment consultant and then i got a phone call to say OK and my contract via email.

I hope you get through. Good luck.

M

Becky84
11th Aug 2008, 10:08
Hi Maeson,
Thanks for the quick reply.
They contacted one of my references three weeks ago, but I don't think they have called my other reference.
I sent them an email last Thursday and have heard nothing back from them yet.
My friend got a phone number for them so don't know whether I should call them or just wait?!
Oh and congratulations by the way!!! Great news for you!!

dazednconfused
11th Aug 2008, 10:17
Hey there!

anyone starting training on September 7th?

The wait is a killer but I'm sure those of you who haven't heard anything will hear back soon... I did not get my contract until 5 weeks after my interview! but as far as I know it's a good sign cos I'm pretty sure they send out the rejection e-mails first.

maeson
11th Aug 2008, 12:49
Hey Becky,

I agree with dazednconfused. i think they would send all of the rejection emails first. Maybe send them another email and see.

Its was 5 weeks for me so don't stress. Give it another week and then maybe call them.

Let us know how you go??

Becky84
11th Aug 2008, 14:19
Will do!
Thanks Maeson and dazednconfused!!
x

dazednconfused
13th Aug 2008, 08:24
hey!!

anyone starting training on august 31st??

hope to see you all in AUH!

maeson
13th Aug 2008, 08:35
Nope... I am starting on 28th September... It seems so long away...

If any1 else is starting then... Let me know.

Maeson

Becky84
13th Aug 2008, 09:00
Hi maeson,
I start on 28th Sep too! Got the call today! Are you on facebook? You will have to PM me your name so I can look you up!

principessa
13th Aug 2008, 10:38
I'd like some detailed info on F & B Managers for Etihad.

Is this new position working out?

Can anyone tell me if the F & B Managers get single accom?

I've got a contract offer for F & B with Etihad, currently F/A with another airline - just need to know if it's worth it.

Any info appreciated :ok:.

Becky84
13th Aug 2008, 10:49
Hi Principessa,
Accommodation info should all be detailed in your contract? My accom details were fully explained in my cabin crew contract.

principessa
13th Aug 2008, 11:01
Thanks Becky84,

Are you an F & B Manager?

My contract does stipulate that accom is provided, just wanting to see if there was a chance of single rather than shared.

How long have you been with etihad?

murphy528
14th Aug 2008, 09:25
Happy for you guys who got the golden call!

I got through to the final interview JUNE.
~2 weeks later~
I got the "Happy to inform"mail.
~didn't hear anything from them after that e-mail~
So I sent them an e-mail to ask about my status
~then suddenly got the "Put On Hold"mail~
So I waited
~then next day I got the "Happy to inform"mail again~
Today I called to Ryan,but he said he couldn't find my documents...
He said he will call back if he find my documents

and now almost 2month have been passed since the final interview
What do you suggest for me?

p.s.Reference check DONE!

maeson
14th Aug 2008, 09:46
Dear Murphy...

I am not sure where you can go from here. I have read in other forums that many people get the 'on hold' response. I guess perhaps wait to hear if they have your docs.

Remember... nothing is official until that contract is signed (and even then there can be loopholes)

Just hang in there. Maybe send them another email in a week.

Good luck.

M

murphy528
14th Aug 2008, 10:03
Thank you Maeson.
I totally understand that all I can do is just wait,but...There are alot of strange and frustrated things...
that is I've got 2 Happy mail and 1 Put on hold mail,
it has been 2 month(Everybady recently got the contract within 1 month,right?me...2 month)
and last email from them,they said they need my phote and training certificate and things like that which I handed in final interview.
They lost my documents?
I try to be positive...but..2 month....
Thank you anyway

dazednconfused
14th Aug 2008, 12:53
Hey! I would most definitely call ryan again no doubt about it!! call him and tell him whats happened..I'm sure they will sort something out anything else would be strange as it seems they werent gonna reject you..

murphy528
14th Aug 2008, 13:39
thank you.

Because I got the "put on hold"mail really soon after I sent them an e-mail about my status,so I am little bit nervous about saying something to them.but You're right!

2 month is sooooooo long,I really don't know why everyone got the contract before me...:confused:Hope we'll work together someday really soon.

I will call him again and ask him about what's going on with my application.

Sylvestria
15th Aug 2008, 20:30
Go for it =).
As a FB u'll get more salary than a cm, only layovers (maybe turnarounds will come soon...), and most of them are in Europe. No Dhaka for fb (which explains the higher salary, cm's must do all sorts of flights). Fb are working in first class ONLY, as a normal cc with more responsibility. They have to have more knowledge and then they have 2 do some paperwork, not sure abt what.. Guess abt the food in some way =P.
Not sure abt accom, as they're mainly in hotel right now. Theres a huge shortage of apts here, so expect 2 be in a hotel for at least 6 months. And then 2 be moved out 2 the etihad village next 2 the airport. Mabe not so nice right now, but give it a year and thats where the new abu dhabi is beeing built.

Hobart RockStarr
21st Aug 2008, 05:30
Hi all,
If any current EY crew can verify these things for me i would be appreciative- I'm looking at returning to the UAE and think Etihad might be the way forward.
I'm quite concerned at the salaries, at face value it's less than EK (3000dhs base versus 3650) and the set pay of 288 a day? What if you are on a 14hour JFK? Say you had a 'rest' day the day before- is that classed as a duty day and hence payable? What bout when you are down route? you are in BNE for the night- do you get your 288 as you land there that morning PLUS 384 food allowance? or just one or the other? And for those that say they never make less than 9000, is that as a junior economy crew member? And how many hours/ flights is that?
I'm pleased to hear accomodation sounds the same.
When you say trained on 320, is that short haul? If I joined eithad and wasn't trained on 320 could I at all avoid turn arounds and BOM!?
I was also pleased to hear bout friends being able to travel. That sounds great!
Any info from current crew is appreciated!

NordicJetSet
21st Aug 2008, 09:26
Here's some info. The base pay is 3300 after 6 months (or from the start if you have previous experience). You get the set pay for every duty day, even if you're on sby and don't get called for a flight. And basically you get that for every day of your trip + allowance. For the rest days you don't get it. The 9000 is quite true for junior crew.

At the moment all the new crew are trained on 320 and the plan is to train everyone else also because there's lots of new 320's coming. Lots of turnarounds are operated with 330's and 340's so you wouldn't be able to avoid them anyway :}.

dazednconfused
21st Aug 2008, 11:33
So does that mean that as EY crew you make less that EK crew? or is it more or less the same?

-anyone starting training on the 31st of August?

murphy528
21st Aug 2008, 13:50
Hi everybody!
I AM IN!!!!!!!!!
IT WAS 2 MONTH WAITING BUT I FINALLY GOT THE GOLDEN CALL FROM ETIHAD!
I START ON 28TH SEP.
Thank you everyone for encourage me!

Becky84
22nd Aug 2008, 08:20
Congratulations Murphy!!
It would appear you start on the same day as Maeson and I!
See you at Training on 28th September!!

maeson
22nd Aug 2008, 10:30
Congratulations Murphy!!!!

Looking forward to meet you in AUH.

Maeson

chicken or fish 2
22nd Aug 2008, 11:11
Congratulations Maeson....we miss you already:D

nikisa
22nd Aug 2008, 13:09
Hi guys!!!

Im a Malaysia Airlines cabin crew,just wondering if etihad still taking people from Malaysia...I applied 3 years ago and etihad took me,had to reject:ugh:
Now I apply again and still waiting for their response....how long I have to wait???

nikisa
23rd Aug 2008, 02:56
Hi,

Im trying to contact Etihad,my email did not delivered. Anybody has etihad HR number? :confused:

Nickvan
23rd Aug 2008, 11:21
Hey Nikisia

971 2 505-8000 is the switchboard.

As far as Im aware. There has been a decline with the recruitment drive in Asia/SE Asia the past few months. Instead at the training academy I only saw new commers from Eastern Europeans/Europe & Australia . As we already have a high number of Asian nationalities within the Cabin crew area. This is just to balance numbers.
This is what a friend of mine who is in recruitment informed me.

Goodluck.

missapril
23rd Aug 2008, 23:18
Hi everyone!

Has anyone had an experience to take a pet with you???

chomelodie
24th Aug 2008, 21:30
i have submitted my on9 application to EY one year ago, but since then even thou i updated my on9 application once in a while there isn't anymore acknowledge email, is tis wat happen??

I tried to withdraw tat one and recreate a new application, but the system could sense tat I have used those personal particular before ???

Just wonder if EY really review every single updated application cos most of the interviews are by invitation only??? any chance to walk in???

Hobart RockStarr
26th Aug 2008, 01:40
Hi all, thanks for the info regarding the EY Vs EK pay. I'm still a little uncertain as to whether I'd be getting a better deal with EY, I like the idea of longer layovers, and the schedule leads me to believe that in most destinations I'd probably be looking at 48hours down route? Can anyone tell me if thats common? Also with regards to the layover allowances, can you tell me again- if I landed at say 2am on a morning, down route, would I recieve both the daily pay and the allowance?
Do you get discount at the hotel as crew?
So many other questions!
I never made it to Abu Dhabi from Dubai- is there anyone out there than can compare the two?

dazednconfused
26th Aug 2008, 13:08
anyone know anything about the Mashreq Bldg (etihad cabin crew) in abu dhabi??

leecronje
26th Aug 2008, 18:30
hi everyone!!

so nice to read sll your stories and journies through being selected. i read that etihad has decreased their amount of vacancies???i applied online and i know they coming here in september, but now with so little vacancies open, do you reckon that their is practically no chance of them contacting me???especially without any previous cabin crew experience??
any case all the best to those getting ready to depart!!!

kind regards,
lee

Becky84
27th Aug 2008, 12:59
No, go for it!! I have no cabin crew experience and I got through. If they are coming to your city they must want more people from your area. Apply online and see if you get invited. What have you got to lose?!

chomelodie
27th Aug 2008, 14:29
EY on9 application
i have submitted my on9 application to EY one year ago, but since then even thou i updated my on9 application once in a while there isn't anymore acknowledge email, is tis wat happen??

I tried to withdraw tat one and recreate a new application, but the system could sense tat I have used those personal particular before ???

Just wonder if EY really review every single updated application cos most of the interviews are by invitation only??? any chance to walk in???

leecronje
30th Aug 2008, 05:55
Thanks becky
i'll definately give it a shot, its just that i finish studying now in october and dont wanna start another job if i'm planning on changing to airhostessing if u know what i mean, but we'll just hope for the best :)
thanks so much

Sylvestria
30th Aug 2008, 10:32
Hobart RockStarr; I'm working for EY since 10 months now. In the first 6 months I usually got around 7500-8800. Now, after completing the first 6 months its min 9000 max 11000, it all depends on luck with the flights. Almost all the layovers are 24 hours, sin-bne, jnb, casablanca (can never remember the code for that one), kul, bru, yyz can be longer.
If u do a normal layover, it will go over 3 days on your roster. You will then be payed 250*3+24*layover allowance for that region.
Ive jsut been rated for A320, so can't say anything abt it yet, but theyve changed the schedule so there's loads of layovers now. One seems really nice 4 hours to india, 24 hour layover, 4 hours back to AUH, 3 h to syria and 24 hour layover and then back.
At some hotels u get discounts, some don't. Its funny how ordering roomservice in Manchester can be cheaper than in Thailand due to the 50% discount vs 0%.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are different worlds! We have maybe 3 or 4 clubs here, if u could really call it that as all girls are Etihad and all guys are understimulated arabs (plus the few male crew). Theres not as much traffic, a lot more locals, less nice cars (but somehow I've spotted 4 ferraris, one ashton martin, 2 rolls royce and one bentley in 3 days now??). We got Picasso at Emirates Palace, and new museums after a couple of years... It's all down to what u like, if its all about partying go for Dubai. If u like a more relaxed and down to earth lifestyle go for AD.

Hi all, thanks for the info regarding the EY Vs EK pay. I'm still a little uncertain as to whether I'd be getting a better deal with EY, I like the idea of longer layovers, and the schedule leads me to believe that in most destinations I'd probably be looking at 48hours down route? Can anyone tell me if thats common? Also with regards to the layover allowances, can you tell me again- if I landed at say 2am on a morning, down route, would I recieve both the daily pay and the allowance?
Do you get discount at the hotel as crew?
So many other questions!
I never made it to Abu Dhabi from Dubai- is there anyone out there than can compare the two?

chemistry
30th Aug 2008, 23:43
hi everyone,

i am invited to an assessment day next wednesday in dus. could someone please tell me what 5 items there are to choose from in the first interview?
thnx in advance

eycee
1st Sep 2008, 09:28
Hello everyone. I'm here to ask for your help. in the invitation for the Assessment day, among the requirements are 2 reference /service letters.. should they be 2 letters or 2 contacts would be sufficient? could you please help me on this? thanks a lot.:)

eycee
1st Sep 2008, 10:13
hi chemistry from the posts that i've read.. 4 of them must be... a pice of paper, ballpen. water and a magazine... I don't know the last one :O
could i ask you bout your reference? as you may read in my prvious post. hehe. thanks

adsSW
1st Sep 2008, 19:02
I applied for Etihad Cabin Crew almost 4 weeks ago, but my status still shows as 'Applied', and has not yet gone to 'Under Review'...

Does it usually take this long? Thanks :ok:

chemistry
1st Sep 2008, 21:11
hi eycee,
iīve got 1 reference letter and 2 contacts...good luck for your ac:ok:

eycee
2nd Sep 2008, 08:03
thanks so much chemistry :)

leecronje
6th Sep 2008, 16:34
hi there to everyone.

My online application forms status has gone frrom applied to under review, what does that mean???

thanks to all of ya

keep well, regards
lee

airplanepeanutj
6th Sep 2008, 23:16
Hi everyone. first and foremost I would like to thank everyone for all the great information you have posted about Etihad and the working conditions and al the pay and stuff. I am REALLY interested in going over there. I really want to go. They are coming to an interview in NYC on Sept. 26th. I have a few questions..

To my application, do i attach a passport photo, a full size photo in business attire and my cv, is that correct?

I am hoping they invite me to the interview in NYC sept 26th, in the notes below should I request to see if they can invite me to this interview.

I have seen some youtube videos and they all seem like they hire males and females, so I was wondering what are my chances? (I am male) I have 4+ years as cabin crew for a american major airline. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Goodlukc to everyone.

BTW my brother is a pilot for Qatar Airways, and at least I would be close to where he is with his family so I kinda sorta know someone over there. :ok:

KANELA
7th Sep 2008, 06:55
hi, i had the assesment day for etihad in barcelona a few days ago, unfortunately, i didnīt get the job, we were like 50-55 candidates, just a few!!! and i was quite happy and motivated because of this......... we did english test, very easy, just u have to think a little bit, and then one to one interview, in which we had to choose an object from newspaper, pen, mobile, water........ i chose the newspaper (culture, reading, keep up to date, bla bla bla) and then why etihad, i answer its growing very fast, multicultural cabin crew, museums, gulf.. like this. now i feel bad because i was unsuccesful and i did my best, maybe the next time i will say (newspaper because is a window to the world; and etihad because my dream is to be cabin crew and i like the arabian hospitality...............) actually there were so many good looking girls and they were eliminated as well...................
i am getting crazy, and i know one girl not too nice make -up, loose hair, and casual clothes went through the next stage...........
so where is the trick?

Jetstream-Surfer
8th Sep 2008, 10:53
Hi all, does anybody know if Etihad recruit Cabin Crew Trainers/Instructors?

I have looked at the recruitment website but it seems focussed on Cabin Crew/Managers and when I do a search on the jobs website at Etihad, it comes up with...zilch...,it does not recognise the term Instructor/Trainer?

Anyone who could point me in the right direction/a contact etc? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and good luck to all!

leecronje
8th Sep 2008, 16:18
Hi all

wow i'm so excited, recieved a call today from Etihad to attend an assessment day this thursday!!!!!:bored:
Please PLEASE if anyone can give any advice it would really be appreciated!!!I never made through the emirates one :sad:so i feel i've been given a second chance so i'd really like to try my best!!:)
thanks so much and hope all is keeping well

kind regards

lee

EYner
8th Sep 2008, 23:14
Just be yourself, don't get stressed (well try not to) and try to prepare for your interview, the questions that would try be asked like : why you choose etihad ? what are your qualities? what is the riole of the cabin crew? why would you quit your job for etihad? talk about yourself ? why should we take you ? so do some research and you will get a clear idea ... smile but not too much ... during the grtoup interview try not to be the leader but try to respect every person and give chance to everybody to talk and say somthing smart lol ... anyways good luck for everybody i am already in since 8 months lol ... take care ...

airplanepeanutj
9th Sep 2008, 12:35
Can someone PLEASE tell me what are the things i need to attach to my application, besides a CV...

do i need A passport picture or my whole passport page w/ the picture?

do i attach a full picture of me in a business suit?

I REALLY want to submitt my application to go to their open houses in the USA in 2 weeks. please let me know! thanks!

airplanepeanutj
9th Sep 2008, 12:50
oh yes and one more question, i'm sorry...

how long is the contract for? thanks!

KANELA
9th Sep 2008, 17:50
contract for two years. documentation:

3 x coloured passport photocopies
4 x passport style photos (White background only; conservative clothing; both ears must be visible; no glasses & jewelry removed)
1 x full length photo
Current copy of CV
Copies of education/qualification/work experience certificates
2 x reference/service letters with current contact information

adsSW
9th Sep 2008, 21:07
Hey

I applied for Etihad Cabin Crew about 1 1/2 months ago, but it still just says 'Applied' on the website, does it normally take this long before it goes to 'Under Review'?

Thanks

airplanepeanutj
9th Sep 2008, 21:16
thank you so much. so i attach all those things to my application or do i bring them to the assesment? thanks! im just really confused about what to attach to the online application.

KANELA
10th Sep 2008, 11:12
hi, what i told you is for the assesment. on the internet just attach what they are asking for.
just worry to be invited and doing everything well in the interview, the rest is easy.
:ok:

Sonic83
12th Sep 2008, 16:22
Hey Guys, I just finished my training with Etihad and have to say that it was great and it is super cool to work here! I really enjoy it with Etihad and in AbuDhabi!
training is lots to learn but it is worth it! I dont think that the newcomers will be put in hotels as the new building "Mussafah" will open soon. It is a great building with 2 swimmingpools, gym, tennis, basketball and lots of other fancy stuff....the only disadvantage is that it is too far from the city but thre will be shuttles to the city for the Etihad Crew. Otherwise keep your fingers crossed that u get another fancy building in the city like "al-jazeera"!

Guys dont give up....you will make it hopefully! We just ordered 100 aircrafts so we will need more and more crew and many new destinations are coming! So good luck guys!

leecronje
13th Sep 2008, 06:40
Hey all

I went for an assessment day this Thursday. Unfortunately I didn't make it after the group discussion but i thought i'd let all of those who are about to go for their assessment days, what they can expect.

Firstly when they tell you to bring all the documentation they are being dead serious so ensure you have everything!!!!
It is:

-3 coloured photocopies of your passport
-4 passport style photo's (white background, conservative clothing, no jewellery)
- 1 Full length photo (Professional attire)
- Copies of School, work etc certificates
- Copy of updated CV
- 2 reference letters

Wow compared to Emirates assessment day, Etihad was just so much more accomodating and generally nicer!!

Firstly we were all seated and told a bit about the days agenda etc.
We were all then required to do a reach test of 214cm. This is 2cm higher than Emirates but to me it is the same as they have a piece of paper stuck on the wall which is about 2cm wide and the top reaches 214cm and you are only required to touch the paper. We were then allocated our reference number for the day and had to hand in a copy of our CV and 1 passport photo.

After having the full introduction to the airline and living in ABU DHABI half of the group stepped outside to have a one-on-one interview with a recruiter while the other half did a 20 minute English test. The test is really not that tough. You are often required to look at a list of words and place it into a paragraph so that it makes sense. We were also required to write a letter of only 40 words answering some questions. Each section of the test has different instructions so READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!!If i'm not mistaken you need to get 29/35 to pass. Its filling in words such as "when, where, we, is, are" etc

During the one on one interview, they are looking to see if you show something that they looking for(Not sure what it is exactly but don't be over eager. Always be polite and don't talk to much. Just wait to be asked the questions)They asked me what am I currently doing and what customer service experience do I have etc. We were then asked to select a object from the carpet an explain why you chose it. They were:

- a mobile phone
- a bottle of water
- a newspaper
- a pen with a writing pad

I selected the newspaper as I feel it connects the world, its unpredicatable, caters for all needs, changes on a daily basis, informational etc. You are also asked whether you have any questions for them. I asked how does the VISA's work especially for a country like the USA just to make more conversation :) I think its important to be humble and always thank them for this opportunity and greet them nicely and by name!

After a very long waiting period once all the interviews were finished, we were asked to enter the room and they called out the names and numbers of the candidates that was selected to proceed.

We were then invited to have the most divine 3 course meal at this 5 star hotel with the recruiters. Out of about 45 candidates, 22 made it through to this next stage. They really make you more at ease and comfortable during lunch but remember to always keep a professional manner and REMEMBER ASPECTS OF TEAMWORK for example not interupting people while they talk, including people and calling them by their names as the recruiters are ALWAYS watching even though its so much more relaxed.

Once lunch was completed we were asked to go to another room where the chairs were set out in a "U" shape. This is the unprepared speech time. They give you a topic on a card and 1 minute to think about it and 1 minute to talk about it. They literally time you for that minute. I personally think what they are looking for here are people that can keep talking constantly about the topic with no pauses, not using "ummms", staying focused on the topic, uses formal language (not slang e.g. like I'm a sucker for romance"). Some of the topics included:
- what is the best movie you have ever seen
- what is your dreamjob besides being a cabin crew member
- your best vacation
- your favourite pet when you were young
- a festival from your country
- your dream vacation
- a favourite book you've read
- hobbies/ sport

I think you get the idea :) its nothing you can prepare for, only ensure your calm, confident and not fidgeting the whole time and lookat everyone in the room. I think its a good idea if you pull your chair back so you not standing in front of the people that is sitting besides you.

Now the next stage for us is was the group discussion where I unfortunately got cut . The funny thing is that my entire group besides 1 got cut, and only 1 person from the other group got cut!!!So I can tell you alot about what NOT TO DO!! :)

We were given the topic "Etihad wants to recruit new cabin crew and have come up with a list of characteristics that they would like a cabin crew to have. Decide out of the 15 which 5 you consider the most important and which 5 the less important. I can honestly say that this was just a disaster!!!I was so embarressed by my "teams" teamwork I felt like walking out the room!!:ugh:Things they were doing was saying things like "I think" which is a big no no, having 10 conversations at once, interupting one another, not taking people's suggestions, and generally just arguing. The atmosphere was just stressful and no team work was evident. My best friend in the other group said that before they started she told them all that this is about teamwork and its important to have one conversation etc and it worked. They came up with a team name "Unity" - which is what Etihad means in English, were never shouting, listened to every1's opinions, included everyone, and would actually take a vote to come to a decision!
For reporting back they generally asked the people who were the most quiet in the groups to report back - they didn't make it :(

The recruiters told us to think about whether we listened to everyone, included everyone, were'nt to quiet etc so we might understand why we got eliminated. I think my reason was maybe being to quiet, as my group really gave me no chanve what so ever to speak .I eventually had to wave my hand like I was in school!!!WHAT A DISASTER!!!

We sadly went through the same elimination process, and my group was shocked at how we all got eliminated. I really wasn't, but it sucks cause my best friend made it through and after being there for over 10 hours already, all I could do was go to the car and sob:(

But anyhow, this is not about me, its about you!!!
My friend said that after that, they had to fill in lots of documentations etc and was told about the whole process.finally they had their one on one interview. She was asked questions such as "Why Etihad?" - be specific to charateristics of Etihad, "Worst customer experience" - know the story well, they'll catch you out if you not sure, "What qualities do you have that will be an asset", "What do you think will be the most difficult part about moving to ABU DHABI and going through with all of this etc".

They will now have all their answers to these questions sent to ABU DHABI where they will look at the CVs, references and notes taken on them and will be informed in 3 - 4 weeks whether they are successful. They are required to join within 8 weeks from that date onwards and complete their medicals!

Even though I never made it, it was an amazing experience where I met such good people!!!Etihad is truely a lovely company to work for and I wish all of you the best of luck for your interviews. REMEMBER: iTS NOT ABOUT THE COMPETITION. THEY CAN TAKE AS MANY PEOPLE AS THEY LIKE SO THE PEOPLE THERE ON THAT DAY, ARE NOT COMPETING WITH YOU!!EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES AND IF THEY SEE WHAT THEY LIKE YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!SO BE SOCIABLE AND GET TO KNOW THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU, THEY MIGHT BE YOUR FLAT MATE ONE DAY :)

Lastly take lots of PENS!!! The day was about 13 hours long so be prepared!!

I have tried to be accurate as possible with the occurances of that day. It may be different in another country but this is what I experienced.

All the best and if its meant to be, God will help and guide you!
Kind regards,
Lee

leecronje
13th Sep 2008, 07:09
Hi all

I have unfortunately not made it into Emirates or Etihad. Which other airlines take people from other countries of residence and with no cabin crew experience??I've applied to Gulf Air and Qatar airlines but are there others?
Would really appreciate it

kind regards
lee

EA_cabincrew
14th Sep 2008, 14:38
leecronje

"Things they were doing was saying things like "I think" which is a big no no" - Oh, I didn't know that, what should be used instead of "I think"???

As for your question, you can try Oman Air, they are searching for foreign female cabin crew, I also looked Saudi Arabian, but they aren't recruiting at the moment, maybe later!

leecronje
14th Sep 2008, 15:10
hi there

It is always important to phrase things such as "What would you all think?" etc. When you start refering to yourself all the time I think the word "teamwork" falls out the picture which is the main purpose of the group activities. Thats my opinion :)
I know its tough especially when you want to get your opinion across but try put it into a suggestion kinda way.

Any more questions feel free to ask :)
I'll check out Oman air :)

regards
lee

EA_cabincrew
15th Sep 2008, 18:03
OH, that's a good point! There's a Gulf Air assessment day on september 26th, so i am thinking to go, and there's emirates OD at my closest neighbour country on 27th, so i am thinking to go there as well! ::ok: Will try both, it's more sure this way!! :) I've also applied to Oman, let's see if they reply!

simone511
21st Sep 2008, 03:48
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and just had a question.

I really want to work for Emirates, as many of my friends do, but thought I would also apply for Etihad.

I read on their website in the "requirements" secion that you must have "Weight proportionate to height".

I'm 170cm tall, so dont have any problems with their height requirements, but my BMI is only 16.3 (the website i used to calculate it said that the "normal" weight is 18.5-24.9.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with regards this requirement. I'm healthy, but would they see me as being unsuitable because of this?

EA_cabincrew
27th Sep 2008, 14:37
Hey there!

I passed the Gulf Air interview and got a contract! Thanks for your advices, this really helped!! We were just 6 people at the final interview! Oh well, now i am not sure whether to go or not, have you attended the Gulf air day as well, anything positive to say about them? :8

cheers

leecronje
27th Sep 2008, 20:04
Hey there

EA Cabincrew:Wow that is really awesome!!!well done!!!:DIts my pleasure :ok: I unfortunately haven't attended the Gulf air interview yet as they do not fly to South Africa. I applied on the website to the African continent interview but I dont know if they'll contact me. So i'm holding thumbs for that. Otherwise i've only heard great remarks about the airline. Whether you should go or not, is really up to what your heart tells you. Did the recruiters and the people who made it with you through to the final round seem like people you can work and live with??I think its a good way to judge :)

As for me, I'm off tomorrow to the open day with Qatar airways to see what happens there. I haven't heard anything great at all about working for them but I'm just going to take it that if God has a reason for me going there I'll get in....So for me getting in is the sign :) I have no idea what to expect of tomorrow so going in blindfolded you could say but i'll try my best :)

Well done once again you should be so so so proud of yourself!!!!

Simone511: Hi there:)

I understand your concern but there isnt really any way to tell whether they use that against you. I personally think if you look healthy then it wont matter wat your weight and height is etc. I do know of one girl who was under weight that applied for Emirates and was sent home once she reached Dubai but because she didnt look healthy. They'll only weigh you and stuff once you get to Dubai so you still have quite some time to try and maybe get it somewhere close to right :)

You've got nothing to loose so its worth a try :)

hope it helps, sorry im not so clued up on the weight issue. Hope you come right and all the best to you:)

kind regards
lee

simone511
28th Sep 2008, 04:04
Leecronje,

Thankyou for your response! I will go along and do my best!
Also, thankyou for all that you wrote about your recruitment experiences! I'm going along to my first ever airline recruitment day for Emirates next month, so it really helps to know what to expect!

EA_cabincrew
28th Sep 2008, 11:32
Best of luck for you today with Qatar!! You can make it girl!! :ok: Waiting to hear from you back!!

leecronje
28th Sep 2008, 12:17
hey all

Just got back from the Qatar open day. It was just a day where they tell you all about the company and living in Doha etc. About 300 people showed up and we all had to give in our CVs and now we wait to see if they'll call us back by 6pm tonight to tell us if we must go back tomorrow. So we'll c what happens.

Good luck Simone!!!You'll do great. Emirates interview is pretty tricky because you dont have a one on one interview first so its all about making a great first impression. Read this blog posted below I think it could help give you a good idea on what to expect from them.

*****************/~redcandy/airboy/2008/01/25/a-to-z-joining-emirates-cabin-crew/ - 114k -

Thanks for the support
keep well
regards, lee

airplanepeanutj
2nd Oct 2008, 21:53
Hi everyone! Can someone please help me? I am ready to take my photos and send them with my online stuff to etihad... they did interviews in the USA but i wasnt able to make it because i had a family affair. I am wondering how I can let them know that I can travel to their open house in Manchester, UK? Can someone please tell me? Thank you soooo much!

NIKITAcc
3rd Oct 2008, 16:33
so I have read thru all the pages on this tread.. but still noone answered this question: What item to choose from: newspaper, pen, cellphone water etc??? What would be the best choice.... I think Newspaper/magazine... but maybe I'm wrong. Can someone who already got thru tell us what item they choose???

KANELA
3rd Oct 2008, 16:48
Personally i think it doesnīt matter what to choose but WHY, the way you talk, maybe newspaper is a good choice coz it is a window to see the world, mobile cox you like communication, pen coz you may write your feelings.........u know it is very subjective, but it is only my opinion, i am not sure as i didnīt get through neither, so.... do your best and donīt talk too much is my best advice :)

NIKITAcc
3rd Oct 2008, 17:02
Hi all.
I have a quick question. Is it required to get USA visa for all crew members?
My problem is that I overstayed my US visa and now I can't enter their terrytory.
Would it be a problem to Etihad? or getting a visa is optional?

apaddyinuk
3rd Oct 2008, 22:10
All crew that operate into the states do require a visa I believe. Now whether or not Etihad would have a problem with this I dont really know. They could remove the chance of you operating to the US but when it comes down to the crunch, they could be well within their rights to terminate employment on the grounds that you do not have an unrestricted passport!

411A
4th Oct 2008, 02:17
My problem is that I overstayed my US visa and now I can't enter their terrytory.

Ignore the law in the USA, especially with immigration/customs, expect big problems....especially these days.

BelArgUSA
4th Oct 2008, 05:56
Foreign crewmembers operating in-out of USA always required D-3 Visa.
Even citizens of countries who could travel into USA as tourist with I-94 visa exemption.
Being listed on the crew list (GD) makes you subject to have a valid crew visa.
xxx
Happy contrails

leecronje
4th Oct 2008, 07:46
I personally agree with Kanela. There is no right or wrong answer. I think they just want to see how you think on your feet and how you think. Take your time when you answer and dont answer immediately. I think they might want to see that you think about something before you do it. So dont stress about that part k :) best of luck

NIKITAcc
4th Oct 2008, 15:04
Ok... I'm still confused.
I checked with someone who is working for Emirates and he said that I can decline applying for US visa in one of their paperwork, because it's not a requirement. They just won't put me on that route.
But I have assessment day next week with Etihad, and I just want to make sure that they are OK with it as well.

NIKITAcc
4th Oct 2008, 15:07
Ignore the law in the USA, especially with immigration/customs, expect big problems....especially these days
What do you mean by that? Is there something I should know about, these days??? LOL

Tray Juggler
5th Oct 2008, 03:17
Hi NIKITAcc.

From what i know, with EK you can decline the visa. However, with EY you'll just be randomly selected to get the visa (friends who work there have just received a notice to let them know that on a particular day they will be going to the US Embassy to apply for their crew visa).

I suppose that if you check their requirements on their recruitment website, and it doesn't say anything about having an unrestricted passport, then turn up to the assessment day. If they ask you a question on the assessment day about your passport issue, then just be honest and let them know.

Good luck!

skylarker
5th Oct 2008, 06:16
If you have overstayed on a previous visit or had any other criminal history convictions recorded against you they will probally give you a crew waiver visa.
This will cause you a little more time going through customs but not to much of a hassle.
Of course this depends on the severity of any criminal convictions.
If its only a visa overstay, I foresee no problems for you.

BelArgUSA
5th Oct 2008, 06:56
My opinion, an overstay is rather a minor offense, if you did not commit other crimes/felonies and was just an overstay, such as a few weeks. I do believe that with the help of an immigration lawyer, you could have the US immigration courts reviewing the issuance of a crew visa for employment purpose reasons. Obviously, it might take time and some expenses.
xxx
Remember, a crew visa (sometimes called a shore pass) is quite a limited visa, with limits of the distance where the holder can travel, and is limited on rather short periods of stay on the US territory (is it 2 weeks...?).
xxx
Present valid reasons, employment hardship etc. and request a review of the case, it might be overturned for crew visa only. I understand that his/her ineligibility might still stand for another tourist visa for a few years, but not for issuance of the crew visa. And stick with US Immigration Laws from now on...!
xxx
One flight attendant (Argentina) I know, got problems with US immigration law because she was de facto "living" with her US boyfriend in Ft.Lauderdale. Until 2002, Argentina was a country listed for I-94 tourist visa waiver, but she ran into a problem (I do not recall the circumstances), her crew visa got stamped "cancelled" then later was reinstated. I know she dealt with an immigration lawyer for assistance. She is now married to her former boyfriend and holds a "green card"... and never has problems in Miami with immigration, when landing as crewmember on the GD or as passenger.
xxx
One advice - When frequently visiting the USA, either as crewmember, and at times as tourist visitor on I-94, be sure to have a copy of the GD or the I-94 you used to enter inside your passport, and to relinquish the stub when you leave. One thing I know, if you arrive on the GD, you must leave on the GD, and if arriving as tourist/passenger, make the nature of your stay clear to the immigration officer on your arrival.
xxx
Good luck to you -
Happy contrails

NIKITAcc
5th Oct 2008, 10:02
suppose that if you check their requirements on their recruitment website, and it doesn't say anything about having an unrestricted passport, then turn up to the assessment day. If they ask you a question on the assessment day about your passport issue, then just be honest and let them know.
Etihads website does not say anything about unrestricted passport.
But if I get the job offer and they do security check, won't they find this out anyways?
I don't think that on the assessment day they will know anything about my passport issue, since it's not the recruiters job to check our passports.
But if I have to fill out some paper work for them, and I'll stumble upon question about my passport, I'll be honest and just let them know about it. I'll wait and see.

NIKITAcc
5th Oct 2008, 10:09
If you have overstayed on a previous visit or had any other criminal history convictions recorded against you they will probally give you a crew waiver visa.
This will cause you a little more time going through customs but not to much of a hassle.
Of course this depends on the severity of any criminal convictions.
If its only a visa overstay, I foresee no problems for you.

I don't have any criminal history in USA... but overstayed my visa for loooong time ( about 2.5 years ) :ugh:
And what exactly is Crew Waiver Visa?

airplanepeanutj
5th Oct 2008, 22:05
Hi everyone! Can someone please help me? I am ready to take my photos and send them with my online stuff to etihad... they did interviews in the USA but i wasnt able to make it because i had a family affair. I am wondering how I can let them know that I can travel to their open house in Manchester, UK? Can someone please tell me? Thank you soooo much!

Tray Juggler
6th Oct 2008, 00:37
Obviously, the recruiters at the assessment day won't physically check your passport (not that it would do any good anyway, since your overstayed visa could have been in a different passport). They'll rely on your honesty. The website doesn't say anything? Go along on the day. If on the day you are asked to fill in some form of paperwork that asks about your passport status, then just be honest.

I severely doubt that it will be a problem for you, though. If you haven't been dishonest with them during the recruitment process, i don't think that they would fire you if when they request for you to get your US visa it is refused. Middle Eastern airlines' employee relations might be a little flawed in some respects, but even i would be surprised if i heard of that happening.

I don't think the passport issue is really that big of a deal for Middle Eastern airlines, since they recruit so many different nationalities.

Focus on actually getting the job offer, then sort out the details like this!

Again, good luck.

20driver
6th Oct 2008, 01:03
How does the US know you overstayed your visa? If you just overstayed and then left they might not even know. The record keeping was pretty poor for a long time.

I suspect overstaying and not causing any trouble will not be too big a deal.
If you were deported you might find you are lumped into a different group.

What ever you do be totally honest about answering any questions. If they find you have lied to them you will be in very serious trouble.

20driver

NIKITAcc
6th Oct 2008, 12:53
Thank you to everyone who replied.
How does the US know you overstayed your visa? If you just overstayed and then left they might not even know. The record keeping was pretty poor for a long time.
I guess they know... because when I left last December I had to return the piece of paper ( that you fill out in the airplane at the entry to the country ) to the guy in Lufthansa check-in counter. I guess then they need to return that part to INS. I don't know... but not even one person checked my visa in my passport , while leaving USA.... so maybe they won't know.... but I rather not risk it. Because if they find out... I'd be baned from that country for a lifetime .:ugh:
Ohhh....And I was not departed , I left by my self ( I had enough of USA and it was time for a change :p)

BelArgUSA
6th Oct 2008, 13:17
The "piece of paper" was the stub of your I-94 that is clipped in your passport.
You must surrender it when leaving, and... immigration knows.
They just enter your data in their computers.
The ban is not for life... the ban is 10 years, to apply for a new visa.
New visa could be denied. Suggest an immigration lawyer if needed.
Wow... 2+ years overstay is not "a few weeks"...
xxx
:rolleyes:
Happy contrails

NIKITAcc
6th Oct 2008, 18:28
yes I know what US Immigration law says about overstaying visa... And I took that into consideration before leaving US. But back then I had no idea that it might give me problems while getting a job in different part of the world :ugh:
Well..... I'll just go ahead with the assessment day and just wait for what is "meant to be".
Hopefully I'll get this job.... otherwise there is always EK !!!
Anyway... one more question about this topic: switching from EY to EK.... is there any probation period... or is it possible to jump from one to the other without any problem?
Lets say there is a scenario that I get the job with EY and after some time they will require me to get an US visa..... off course I won't get it.... and lets say they terminate me. Can I try to get in with EK right after that?

KANELA
6th Oct 2008, 23:22
letīs see, i have no idea about us visa, all i can say is just do the interview and then, if u r succesful go to abu dabi or dubai with ek, live the experience and then letīs see the famous visa.
donīt complicate yourself and donīt worry about something you donīt know accurately, ask a lawyer......

simone511
7th Oct 2008, 01:36
there's no time period or anything stopping you from applying for Ek after working for EY or vice versa

20driver
7th Oct 2008, 01:53
As BelArgUSA says - that cardboard was your I-94 and they do eventually cross file them. Still the fact you stayed for 2 plus years and no one bothered to check or come looking for you shows how badly organized they are.

My advice - go the the official CBP websites and see what they say. The German CBP web site has a link to a 900 service you can call for info, on your dime.

I would say get a lawyer but you need to be very careful there. A lot of immigration lawyers are just bottom feeders and many of them are flat out wrong in what they tell you. Buyer beware.

20driver

Tray Juggler
7th Oct 2008, 09:20
I don't know if there is some form of agreement between EY and EK, but i do know that you may not find it as easy as just 'transferring' from one to the other. If you leave before your contract expires, you may have to get your original employer's 'permission' (so to speak) to transfer your residence visa to your new sponsor.

tiluchi10
7th Oct 2008, 19:54
Hi guys and girls. i consider this is a helpful forum for all of us who want to become cabin crew. I have been reading carefully all what you write.
What i would like to hear now from you is some advices or some sugestions about my doubt. In next October 30 there will be an open day in Sao Paulo-Brasil (first time in South America) and i am thinking to go there, i am bolivian, 31 years old, i speak english, portugues and obviusly spanish, i live in Bolivia and i work for American Airlines as Security Agent, i have participated three times in Emirates selection process,(twice in Santa Cruz- Bolivia and one in Rio de Janeiro-Brasil) the three times i got the assesement day and twice i failed one stage before the final interview, but never got the final interview.
So, do you think guys that i would have any real chance to get the job with Etihad considering that i am 31 years old ??? do they take men in the same quantity that women?.
I ask you these because i live and work in Santa Cruz-Bolivia and as you imagine it is very expensive for me to travel to Sao Paulo for the open day and being separated in the first round, but obviusly i understand that is the risk that i would have to take to get hired, but what do you consider that is my real chance to get it, how many people do they take in each open day?, is the selection process in the same way as EK does?
Do you know about people that was hired being 31 yeras old?? is that real? what do you suggest me, advice me??
I have said to myself that i wont give up until i get it, but i also want to be realistic to know about Etihad policy. if the open day were in my own city would be great, but it is not.
I will thank so much to hear about you people, you advices, if theres is a current EY cabin crew, please what do you think?
Thanks in advance and luck for everybody.

Bredrin
8th Oct 2008, 03:57
Go for it, if you get the job and Etihad sends you to apply for a crew visa and you don't get it...BIG DEAL! You will become one of dozens who were unsuccessful. It makes NO DIFFERENCE to your employment....just can't go to the USA.

dy1ng_to_fly
8th Oct 2008, 06:18
I agree with Bredrin (and everyone else), just have a go!

I would try not to let on (don't lie if they ask, but don't offer up the info if you don't have to) during the interview process of your predicament though!

NIKITAcc
8th Oct 2008, 06:44
thank you guys for all of your responses.... I'll just concentrate on getting the job... and with this problem I'll deal later.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.

dy1ng_to_fly
8th Oct 2008, 06:58
Good luck!!
Do you know yet when the next recruitment day is in/near your city?

leecronje
8th Oct 2008, 15:21
hey all

my best friend got the golden call the other day and her date of joining is the 7th of DEC. is anyone else joining then????

hope your all well, regards

lee

flyoneday
8th Oct 2008, 15:40
i hope that you will not give up,,pliz dont....you will join ur best friend soon.iv sent you pm.check it out...

~
flyoneday :ok:

racheldebuitleir
8th Oct 2008, 16:45
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering how quickly one normally hears back from Etihad after applying online. I applied online weeks ago, the application status is "applied" and I got confirmation in an email but still nothing else to say sorry you're unsuccessful or ideally an invite to an assessment day. I thought maybe I should assume I am unsuccessful but really, without sounding cocky I dont see why on earth I wouldnt at least get to an assessment day as I am currently a senior cabin crew in an Irish airline.

I also applied to Emirates online ..and this is where I am confused. Coz the term OPEN DAY would suggest anyone could just turn up right?? but its says you must apply to book your place?? SO I applied online and now do I wait for an email saying that I have a place at whatever open day or can I just turn up there? And then it says for an assessment day apply online..whats the difference if you have to apply for both anyway? and they are apparently on the same day in the same place?? Confuseddddddddd! :(

Any help here would be great!

Many thanks :)

NIKITAcc
8th Oct 2008, 20:43
I got invited for assesment day on the 12th of this month... so in 4 days.. :} I'm getting nervous.

leecronje
10th Oct 2008, 19:22
Hey flyoneday

Thank you so so much for the support. i suppose all of us need it to keep us going. I will never give up as it has been a dream of mine for as long as i can think back. Dreams are wat we wake up for in the morning, they give us a reason to keep trying and perservering further than we could imagine ourselves to go!!:)And with dreaming, you can fly!!!So thank you so much once again :)

racheldebuitleir: with regards to your etihad application,i think your status will change closer to the time of their assessment day in your country. Have a look through the assessment days to see when the one closest to you is. In my case, after about a month of submission my status went to under review, only 2 days before my assessment day was I contacted and asked to attend it. So they do take their time, they will call I promise!!

With regards to the emirates openday, i am under the impression that anyone can attend these just make sure you have a cv and photo's with you. They will take a look at it there and tell you if you must come back for an assessment day. Then the assessment day you definately need to apply online for and be invited to. 2 girls rocked up at my assessment day and the recruiters were not impressed and wanted to know who gave them the details of the time and venue. I hope you come right and that i helped you.

kind regards
lee

agungOMA
11th Oct 2008, 04:10
Hi everyone..

I'm a newbie here..Like all of u i really like to become a cabin crew, we'll let sat it's my dream job..I have tried to apply for several airlines, especially the one in Middle East e.g Emirates, Etihad and Qatar unfortunatley I haven't succed YET

But the thing that I'm afraid the most is my age :(

I'm about to be 32 YO this year, is that too old for applying as cabin crew without any experience in airlines before, my experience only at hotel and medical assistance..

And by the way I'm a male which is from what i heard the airlines prefer to have female cabin crew than the male one :{..

Thank you guys, any response will be highly appreciated ..

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 04:16
As was said, Emirates open day does mean that anyone can attend (the day is mainly made up of info about DXB and CC role, you have in your CV at the end, but there is no interview).
Assessment days are invite only (theres two headings in the section of their career website; open & assessment)

My Etihad application also is under the status 'applied' (or something like that). There is not yet an assessment day advertised for my city/country, so I assume that this is why

flyingmom78
11th Oct 2008, 09:09
hi all..
I'm a new joiner here...well, I have the same question like agungoma..is EY accept an applicant who already above 30 and already married? I'm 30 now, married and a mum of 3 old baby boy...But, still dying to fly!!!...
Could someone advise me about this?...Thank you so much fr ur help...:ok:

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 12:30
I'm not sure if etihad has an unwritten rule with regards to recruitment age, but if they have the same rules as emirates, you can be married and have a child, but you either live in the company building without your family, or you take the allowance and live in your own accommodation with your husband. As far as I know, you must be 'single' when living in the company appartments

flyingmom78
11th Oct 2008, 16:32
hi there..
tku so much for yr reply...really relieve me:)

Vix85
13th Oct 2008, 11:11
Has anyone here been invited to Manchester on 23rd October?

Yumi
13th Oct 2008, 16:19
Did they invite you to Manchester?
I applied for Etihad on August 8th and still no invitation! Many friends here in London are waiting for an invitation.
If you are invited, you must be very lucky!

NIKITAcc
13th Oct 2008, 20:02
YAY... I made it thru the final interview this past sunday in Warsaw.
On this assesment day showed up 49 ppl, and only 7 made it thru to the end.
And off course ... me as one of them.
Geeeeeeezzzzz.... I'm sooo excited.
Now I just need to wait for all the approvals... and hopefully its all "yes" for me.:p

NIKITAcc
13th Oct 2008, 20:06
and.... so I made it thru the final interview !!!!
now it's just a waiting game, for all the approvals to be final and hopefully get the contract signed.
I'm not worried about the visa as much, because I figured, if it was such a huge problem, the interpol would notify them during security check... so I'll see in few weeks if my application goes thru or not.

Vix85
13th Oct 2008, 20:40
Hey, no I haven't been invited to Manchester I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that had heard from Etihad and been invited to it.
I applied on 9th September and my status is sitting as 'Under Review' its been like that for a few weeks now. All this waiting around not knowing anything isn't much fun!

Nikita.... congrats girl!! Well done on making it this far, that's super. Really hope you get that golden call ASAP!! Keep us posted.

dy1ng_to_fly
15th Oct 2008, 00:25
I was pleased to see the Victorian premier having a look arond an Etihad plane on the news last night. I assume that this week is when they start their first Melbourne flights :)

jenster1
15th Oct 2008, 20:11
Hi all never used a forum before so please excuse me. I am attending an essesment day on 23rd October 2008 in Manchester with Etihad. Though I may not get through the stages could anybody tell me If I would have to pay for anything such as medicals etc or does Etihad pay? Also I have been reading the Etihad forums and I must say some of the stuff people are saying about the company is putting me off. Is it realy as bad as people make out or do you get this were ever you go? If someone could reply as soon as possible it would be much appreciated. Thanksx

dy1ng_to_fly
15th Oct 2008, 22:21
Hi :)
When did you get your invite for Manchester? I know that a few people on here were hoping to be able to go along.

If you get past the final interview, you do have to pay for your own medical. This includes dental (any fillings, root canal, scalling must be paid for and completed), blood tests, vaccinations, hearing & sight tests.
I haven't been through one so I'm unsure of the cost, but as they cover dental and medical expenses, they require everything to be carried out before you leave.

Hope this helped a bit :)

Vix85
16th Oct 2008, 08:26
Hiya... I guess there's the good & the bad about every airline it's the same in any work place but more often than not it's the bad points that you hear, people love to complain when they're not happy. In my opinion id go and find out for myself, you're the best judge. Don't get me wrong when people have bad things to say sometimes the points they are making are valid. If it's the job you want, take the risk. That's my plan.

As for the medicals when I started to look into cabin crew positions I went to see my doctor about the costs etc over here in NI may be slightly different from England they shouldn't cost that much but then again it depends on your doctor, my doc is pretty good as she has done medicals with me before for the police. She said she'll refer me to hospital to get chest xray (which ive heard are fairly expensive if you go private) then blood test for hiv costs Ģ5 get the results a few days after we have to go to blood clinic for that. Injections can be done thru your doc mostly the only one we'd have to go elsewhere for is yellow fever as its done in a seperate clinic. Dental xray etc I reckon will be the most expensive as its very hard to find a dentist over here taking on patients who wont be on their books for a while. Hope this has kinda helped you basically the meds shouldn't cost an arm an a leg if you go about it the right way.

When did you get your invite for Manchester? My status has been sitting as 'Under Review' for about 3/4 weeks now and I haven't heard anything, either they dont like me or it's coz I live in Northern Ireland and they are inviting people that live close by, who knows!!

Anyways best of luck for next week, let us know how you get on!
Vic xx

AAE747Boy
19th Oct 2008, 16:14
Hey, i applied to Etihad about 2 weeks ago and received a call from them in Abu dhabi inviting me to the assessment this thurs. When i log in on the careers site it doesnt say i have been invited, but i have the email confirmation. Gonna be a long day, 2 of my friends went to the london assessment, and after nearly 10hrs they got the job. Fingers crossed :)

jenster
19th Oct 2008, 17:35
hiya yes I have are you going? I have read all sorts on it I cannot see me geting through it. Have u got msn?

jenster
19th Oct 2008, 17:46
Sorry new to this site so just realised you have not got an interview for 23d October. Has anyone else?

jenster
19th Oct 2008, 17:56
also does anyone know if you are successful do you have to pay for your medical and of so how much?

AAE747Boy
19th Oct 2008, 20:45
I HAVE got the interview on the 23rd, this thurs! have u flown before? i think u do have to pay for medical etc

jenster
19th Oct 2008, 21:21
no i havnt and my friend chris applyed and he has worked for Exccel and easy jet and they dont even want to interview him. Any idea of the costs of medical? Have you flown before?

dy1ng_to_fly
20th Oct 2008, 03:25
Jenster - I assume that it was you who started the "Etihad medical chages" thread.
A couple of people have replied in there, so I suggest having a look. Yes, you do have to pay for it

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/347173-medical-etihad-charges.html

AAE747Boy
20th Oct 2008, 19:30
Hi Jenster, yeh i have flown before, for a few different airlines, but have just recently lost my job with XL. i know 7 of us XL Manchester crew who have got the invite this thurs. who is ur friend? chris davies? lol

jenster
20th Oct 2008, 20:13
Thanks for the reply and good luck wishes. I only sent my pictures and CV off to an agency in Manchester 2 weeks ago and they sent them to Etihad to be vetted. Yes the medical costs are abit worrying and you are right I should go and find out for myself. So did you apply direct or through an agency?

Vix85
21st Oct 2008, 08:20
Hey Jenster... I applied direct through Etihad's website. There's no agencies over here in NI that work in conjunction with the airlines so all there is to do is apply online & hope for the best. Good luck for Thursday, let me know how you do!!

irishbecky
21st Oct 2008, 12:18
Sometimes helps if you put an English address on the application, they reply to you by e-mail so it doesn't matter that it may not be your address but at least you would get invited to an A.D and N.I to somewhere in England is only a hop. I've done it and it worked for me and I lived in Spain!! Try and find out which agencies EY are using at the moment if your application is currently under review because unfortunately you can't change any details on it now!! Best of Luck

irishbecky
21st Oct 2008, 12:31
Just read my post and it sounds a bit more confusing than it should!!! When I actually went for my interviews my C.V did state my address as in Spain it's just that as the Assessment Days were primarily in the U.K I would have waited forever to get an invite if I left my address as Spain and I was more than happy to travel, the difference in this information was never noticed or questioned, they really don't care about that, you pay all your own x's anyway!! As for the medicals my experience of friends who got theirs done in the U.K is that they were expensive, I would recommend that you steer clear of these "private aviation medicals" as they work out much more expensive than just getting yourself organised, it really depends on your relationship with your own G.P! It varies greatly and my own experience will be of no relevance because mine were carried out in Spain.....it was a nightmare!! Once again...good luck!

Donisha
21st Oct 2008, 13:48
I have a problem. I applied to Ethiad, Emirates and Gulf air about a month ago and haven't gotten a response. I reside in Grenada in the Caribbean and these airlines don't conduct interviews in the caribbean. I was wondering if any of these airlines conduct interviews by telephone.

Donisha
21st Oct 2008, 13:51
I have a problem. I applied to Ethiad, Emirates and Gulf air about a month ago and haven't gotten a response. I reside in Grenada in the Caribbean and these airlines don't conduct interviews in the caribbean. I was wondering if any of these airlines conduct interviews by telephone.

irishbecky
21st Oct 2008, 14:19
As far as I am aware they do not conduct interviews over the telephone. they are really strict on appearance, it would be impossible for them. In fact I am sure that no airline would do it other than an initial telephone interview like Qantas. Your best hope would be to go to an open day somewhere that is closest to you, for instance in the States or South America and if it is an assessment day and not an open day then you must apply but put an address for that country otherwise your name won't come up when they are searching their database for applicants for that region.

Donisha
21st Oct 2008, 17:04
Thanks Irishbecky. I'm just so stressed that i won't be able to fulfill my cabin crew dreams.

Donisha
21st Oct 2008, 17:07
By the way, are there any airlines that actually purchase the ticket for you to attend an interview?

irishbecky
22nd Oct 2008, 14:50
I've never heard of it I'm afraid. It's a problem, when I did it I had to pay my return flights, transport on the ground, accommodation plus of course spending money and loss of earnings in my job! However, I now have the job I wanted so it was worth it. You just have to get organised to be there at the right time and in the meantime get a job in customer service of some description. What about more local airlines? Best of Luck

dy1ng_to_fly
23rd Oct 2008, 07:26
Donisha - I don't think you'd ever get an airline who would be spending their own money to get to to an interview. Firstly, they wouldn't waste their money when they don't need to, and also, the way they see it, heaps of people are after interviews, and if you're lucky enough to get one, you need to be able to get there, otherwise the next person in line will be invited to the interview!

It's just been announced that Melbourne's 'Telstra Dome' (huge sports stadium) will be renamed the 'Etihad Stadium' as of March next year to coincide with Etihad starting flights to Melbourne, yay!!
I'm excited, but on the news, they were asking people on the street if they knew who "Etihad" was, and not one person did! Oh well, it means positive things for me!

Really hope I get an invite to the Melbourne assessment day next month!

Donisha
23rd Oct 2008, 12:26
I hope you get an invite too, best of luck

Donisha
28th Oct 2008, 18:41
Its almost a month now and my application status says applied. Does any one know how long ethiad takes to respond to your applications?:sad:

tiluchi10
28th Oct 2008, 18:47
Mine is still as "applied", i make the same question !!!!!

Donisha
28th Oct 2008, 18:54
How long ago did you send your application?

Little_Red_Hat
29th Oct 2008, 06:11
Where does it say applied??? Have had a standing app with them for well on 3 years and it never says anything, even though I update every few months.

dy1ng_to_fly
29th Oct 2008, 08:46
Etihad are coming to Melbourne Nov 18th, and today my application changed from "applied" to "under review".

I applied 2 months ago & it's been "applied" all that time, it won't change until it gets closer to the date that recruiters are in your city

Little_Red_Hat
29th Oct 2008, 10:13
Ta. Just wondering WHERE it says applied.... never seen it on mine...

Donisha
29th Oct 2008, 11:50
After you login, your going to see status and by status it will state applied.

dy1ng_to_fly
29th Oct 2008, 11:53
My internet says that the Etihad page is temporarily unavailable, so I can't look & give the exact location, but..
you know i think on the left hand side, theres a "my applications" tab or something, you click on there & it tells you the date you applied, your email etc, and then in the bottom right hand collumn I think it is, it says "applied"

Someone might want to correct me, but from memory, I think that's about right!

Vix85
29th Oct 2008, 12:04
Yeah as soon as you log in in takes you to a page 'My Workspace' that has your details at the top- your name, phone numbers etc. The section below is 'Jobs Applied' thats were you find your application status.

Little_Red_Hat
29th Oct 2008, 12:30
Ok... there's a heading whch says 'Jobs Applied' under which is listed:

1. Cabin Crew [CC01]

Is that what you mean? It's never said under review, or anything. Nothing on that part which says 'Status' either... :confused:

Tried to re-apply and it says application exists... so it must mean that they have it...

Vix85
29th Oct 2008, 12:42
Yeah thats it CC01 - on mine there's the details about the job ie Division: Cabin Crew, Job Type, App. Ref., (they're all on the left) then listed on the right there is - Department: Crew Management, Location: Abu Dhabi, then the one below is Status: Under Review - mine's been like that for ages though. That's strange your's doesn't say anything, wonder why that is?

Little_Red_Hat
29th Oct 2008, 15:28
Yes, very weird, this is all it has:

Cabin Crew [CC01] Division: Cabin Crew Department: Crew Management
Job Type: Permanent Location: Abu Dhabi
Application Reference Number: xxxxxx
Application : Update Application View Application
Withdraw Application

No mention of a status, what did I do wrong?? :p Getting a tad worried now I've had it wrong all these years!!! :S

tiluchi10
29th Oct 2008, 16:36
Donisha,
I applied to Etihad 3 weeks ago, but no answer:ugh::rolleyes:

AAE747Boy
29th Oct 2008, 16:42
hey, anyone attend the above assessment last week? I got the job, am delighted! Message me if u were there and got thru too :)

VITOR FIRMINO
1st Nov 2008, 02:15
hi, everyone, I am from Sao Paulo,Brasil.We all got through the assessment day on oct3rd/4th, were about 135 candidates, and they cut to 35 to final interview, so far 10 most men have made it, and today november 1st ,I finally got this call, fantastic, amazing. I wish all the luck to the upcoming emirates flight attendants. tks and keep discovering.

tiluchi10
1st Nov 2008, 15:07
Hey Vitor !!!! were you hired by Emirates or Etihad????? you wrote down in both posts, it seens it was in EK !!!!
Do you know something about the Etihad open days in Brasil: Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Campinas.
Firstly it was programmed, but the last days it was removed, do you know someting about, please tell us all what you know about the Etihad interviews in Brasil !!!!
Congratulations you got it !!! good luck !!!
Parabens cara vc ta na EK !!!

NIKITAcc
2nd Nov 2008, 07:14
OMG... I got the job !!!!!!!!! They called me from Etihad today morning and offered me to start my training on the 16th of November !!!!! I'll be flying out on the 13th or 14th. It went soooo fast... I'll be joining them only 1 month since my final interview. WOW !!!! WOW... WOOOOOWWWWWWW :p:p:p

scoobydoodoo
2nd Nov 2008, 09:13
Hey guys, can't see it anywhere on the site, but wanting to know is there a height or reach test requirement, as there is with Emirates??

Cheers:8

KANELA
2nd Nov 2008, 10:53
:D
so good news for you :)
u deserve the job
cheers

NIKITAcc
2nd Nov 2008, 11:15
yes, you need to be able to reach 214cm on your tip toes. Just like in EK.

NIKITAcc
2nd Nov 2008, 11:20
Thank You Kanela... good luck to you too !!!

agungOMA
3rd Nov 2008, 03:15
Hi Nikitaa...

Congaratulations !!!!!!!

Hope to c u onboard soon..

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

vespaet3
4th Nov 2008, 02:26
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and applied to join Etihad as CC a couple of months ago. I'm married, which is apparently not a problem (spoke to someone in HR at the training centre while holidaying in Abu Dhabi), however this means I can't stay in the shared accommodation if I am successful in my application.
Can anyone tell me how much new cabin crew receive to live out in their own accommodation? Any feedback on the subject of accommodation would be greatly appreciated! I know it is in short supply.
Thanks in advance :)

dy1ng_to_fly
5th Nov 2008, 22:01
I got an email come through last night inviting me to the Melbourne assessment day on the 18th of November yay!!
Anyone else?

AAE747Boy
6th Nov 2008, 13:10
hi vespaet3, etihad will give you AED 3,312 per month towards the cost of your own accommodation. This amount may vary dependant upon rank but its up to date as its on my contract i just received :)

glider12000
6th Nov 2008, 23:10
anyone attending London 28th?

adsSW
7th Nov 2008, 12:50
Hey Glider, yeah I have been invited to the 28th too.

In the instructions it states that we need to bring along '2 x reference/service letters with current contact information'. What does that mean exactly, they want 2 references typed out before the day, or they just want contact information?

If someone could clarify it would be appreciated.

Adam

Donisha
7th Nov 2008, 15:56
I don't know what to do again, I applied to Ethiad, Emirates, Gulf, Wataniya, Rak, Caribbean Airlines and the list goes on and on. Up to now no one has responded to me. Are they even interested in me?:sad::{

Anyone has any advice?

glider12000
7th Nov 2008, 17:47
Adam,

just seems they need you reference details and their contacts, as opposed to arriving with your references intact.

adsSW
7th Nov 2008, 19:30
Thanks, so they don't want two reference letters all written out, they just want contact details for two references?

Ads

dy1ng_to_fly
7th Nov 2008, 22:11
I took the "two reference letters" to be full written reference letters. Otherwise wouldn't they just ask for the contacts with no mention of a "letter"?