PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Holdudvar
20th Apr 2009, 18:58
Hey,

I'm back Poland, after AD in Tallinn, the whole way back home (12 hours by car) I was thinking what mistakes I did in our/my English test? maybe my essays were a disaster? I prepared and expected such topics, but...???
Don't know?
But could one person read 80x2 essays, check our English test and see our cvs in 35 minutes? Maybe?
This is my short conclusion.

Yes, of course I'm sad, disappointed...:(
The lady was really, really nice and I still believe that Etihad is a professional airway but the whole AD was unclear, unfortunately.

Tallinn is really nice city, I recommend it to all of You.
Congratulation for those who were chosen! Go GUNA, number 80!!!

Anyway it is my lesson for future, I'm glad I went for an AD, I'll be back:0

Hope to stay in touch with U.
See You aboard:):):)
Magdalena

Jeremys_mleu
20th Apr 2009, 19:44
I also just arrived home, with such a cool flight.Yeah we shall meet again . Hopefully this time it will be in Lithuania or somewhere where travelling will be required. Lets hope all will be good.

But that was a new picture of this assessment and it is nice for all guys here to know about it so that they don't remain :rolleyes: when one observer reads over 170 handwritten pages in 30 minutes :).

Everything looked professional and well trusted - but when you come to those cuts, our day started late but i think it was the earliest ended day of all ADs. I can not wait to hear how many remained after 1630.

I will Miss ETIHAD - especially in its rule that forbid people to have a partners. Isn't that economical...:) i loved that.

Someone asked us to use names when calling the assessors, but our assessor did not introduce her name to us, only the name of the late lady - or do i remeber wrong?-Holdudvar!! remember any name introductin for herself?

Six months look long but hope those already in, will pray for us.

Magdalen - you did not look for me... too bad and the e mail i sent did not come for some reasons. May be we talked but we did not know who was who :)

Lets keep Positive and Etihad still Wins our minds Yeaaah :):ok:

JJ'my

Holdudvar--- sent you pm

EA_cabincrew
20th Apr 2009, 19:49
Skywards
Yuja
Kefren82

Thanks for your reply, I don't want to argue with you guys, let's assume your all right and the first stage selection process is not a lottery at all (in fact, that would be really good news!) But could you please answer what you think about the following things:

it's Etihad's favourite phrase that there is no competition at all between all invited persons as if we all suit they can take all of us - BUT, just after the english test, before deliberating recruiter's desicion we all found 15 plastic bags outside the room with lunch already prepared for the next stage participants? Yes, there was no paid by recruiters lunch this time - crisis!! ( In fact everyone understood those food bags were for all of us to share and ate it all away, the lady came out of her room and got totally shocked!) :8
do you think it is possible to control 80+ english grammar tests and 80 * 2+ essays in 30-35 minutes? If it is not and not everybody's tests were checked why on earth did we have to write it and just waste the time (40 minutes) if the decision has been already made (look above)
in Etihad's presentation it clearly states that cabin crew experience and knowledge of several foreign languages is a good advantage - there were at least 15 cabin crew, some of them from Gulf Air with similar standards - if it is an advantage why to kick them out first without even looking at them if what you seek are motivated professional people with experience?
having read all of above there's one last request: what in your mind are the real standards for Etihad people and what do they pay attention for, if after all it is not the cabin crew experience, the knowledge of languages, the good looking, the good moderate manners while giving away the application form and cv - God, I am really confused!!Thanks for reading!

Jeremys_mleu
20th Apr 2009, 20:04
hahahah :). Do not be comfused. I was for the whole night in my hotel in Tallin and later i had to give myself a ++, that i was called. Be the same.

you should know that those guys from Finland went to the pre- assessment, and then there - but they are the largest group affected by cut. so...

I feel for the lady since she knew that she could do what she did and that's why "sorry but" and all excuses words were used.

Etihad standards of the cabin crew is cool. I have gone with that Flight sometimes; but there is nothing unique from them that can lead to this discussion here - so unfortunatelly. Or that can differentiate them with Emirates or Qatar or even Qantas. Nop

They are human like ourselves and behave in the same line like ourselves, the difference is Lucky that got them there. At the line for CV pesentation, before me there was a guy with black and white photo, and later in the break someone explained that she did not see the question 2 on essay I dont know which country she was..........suprise suprise, they were there :)---in top 15. Its nice, isn't that said that a flight attendant is to be attentive in details and responsive to different issues... well i may not know that.

So mamen---- BE HAPPY, There is no way that this decision will change. They can do whatever they want since they are empowered. But if this continues in other places - where they let people to travel the company Immage will collapse since it is US who get recommendations from the big guys who are the frequent fliers - so a little carefulness there.

AGAIN - I MISS ETIHAD

Air123
20th Apr 2009, 20:10
:) I have received an email inviting me to the assessment day in London on the 4th May.. and i am so excited.. one step closer!!! fingers crossed.. has anyone else been invited?? :)

EA_cabincrew
20th Apr 2009, 20:28
Jeremy

:) Do not misunderstand me - I was not even disappointed, I kind of expected that, on the contrary, we were laughing all the way home, what I personally understood is that they do not really care who would be selected and who would be left behind the door despite all the great qualities he/she may possess. As you said, they are indeed empowered to decide nohow and there is no higher institution control above them, so they are free to do whatever they like. And, considering it is not the recruiter's first assessment day they are surely exhausted of seeing the infinite papers of cv's, application forms, same smyling faces every day - so they just don't bother - all they need is to cut down the crowd, here I guess there are some criterias - 90 people to 15, 75 to 10, 200 to 31 etc :8

P.S. Were you one of two finnish guys in black suits? :)

gacmaska
20th Apr 2009, 22:01
Does anybody know what are the most common topics for the essays ?

Thanx

Alex

Holdudvar
20th Apr 2009, 22:29
Hey Gacmaska!

Briefly write about Your excellent customer service.
Write about great team work.

For more info read previous posts.

Skywards
20th Apr 2009, 23:18
EA_cabincrew in response to some of the things you were asking about:
-They only provide lunch for people who make it past a certain point, so I can understand that she was shocked that you guys ate the food! I'm surprised that you guys thought it was okay to help yourselves to it! They do say that if everybody is good enough, they can take everyone. But experience would tell them that there is rarely a situation when everybody is what they are looking for and will get through. This is why they don't have enough lunch for everyone, because history would show that they generally get rid of half the people before lunch is served (because the applicants do not fit their requirements).
-No of course she couldn't have read every single word of every english test, but I guarantee that didn't happen at our assesment day either when they had 3 assesors. She is an experienced recruiter and would have been able to assess the english tests in a manner she saw fit. eg. Picking one section of the test to mark and comparing everyones results from the one section. You had to do the whole test, because this is the process everyone follows.
-At our assesment day they said that customer service experience was necessary, and that languages/FA experience was an advantage. They don't automatically take you if you have those 'extras', because there may be more suitable people with neither of those things.
-The difficulty in trying to understand what they are looking for, is that none of us really know because they are unable to give us feedback. But you just have to trust that they know what they are looking for, even if you don't agree. It is their job after all, so they do know what they are doing.

The fact that you are being so negative about the whole experience, perhaps suggests that you aren't the right person for the job. There are lots of people that don't get through that aren't being negative or rude about it. You are presuming that the people that did get through, only made it because they were lucky. I'm sorry if you think I'm being harsh, but you have come on here and blamed everyone but yourself for not getting through.

Sorry for the super long post!!

Holdudvar
20th Apr 2009, 23:59
Dear Skywards,

I believe that none of us thinks that those who made it earlier (I mean previous AD) made it just because of luck. Maybe those who made it in Tallinn are also the best for the job.We wanted just let Everybody know about our totally different AD experience.

In case of the bags with lunch:) When I get out from the room, and I was one of the latest I just notice the sign:
Cabin Crew recruiters please help yourself.
I didn't know there were just 15 bags :O, and yes we did not take it, wasn't enough but I though people took two or sth:):):):) so she was shocked probably not because people already started to eat but because the hotel workers put them to fast, before even the first selection ended:):):)

So once again I do believe that U weren't chosen just because of luck, but U are great for the job. I'm really sorry If U felt so.
I'm happy I went to Tallinn, it's a great experience and I will try again, hopefully we're gonna work together:)

Tallinn is worth to see guys:):):)
Magdalena

Jeremys_mleu
21st Apr 2009, 07:07
Ok guys.

All is good, no more discussions and debates on who is good and who is bad. All who were called for the interview were good guys - all arround the world. The ones who are chosen were the lucky ones or presented themselves much better than others. They will be trained and become excellent for the work.

Tallin was of its own style, and other places had their own experiences too. Sad i did not realise any thing connected to that food in "plastic bags" but good those who ate- if the message was like that - cos it was a right time for lunch.

I dont discuss this anymore but wish the greatest luck to all who made it. Be good ambassadors and expect us for the future - as fellow workers or then travellers in those coral classes.

So, lets be happy - it was just an interview and peoples' opinion

Skywards, a cabin crew never argue like that:= [need to be a littl diplomatic for a 5 star airline:)] so just keep it yourself and wait for the great times to start - You are great :).

I miss etihad - again

Cheers and thanks all for the info:D

MontseMR
21st Apr 2009, 07:12
Hi guys,

I would be really grateful if any of you could let me know whether your found the same problem as me filling the on line application for Etihad.
Is driving me crazy! The problem is I'm not able to enter language or attached pictures as nothing comes up when I press select, just select once again and all the time!
Is there a problem with their web page? Could it be?
Opening days are getting closer and I need to summit my application!!
What can I do??

Thank you all.

MontseMR
21st Apr 2009, 07:17
First of all, congratulations! I'm so gelous of you, ha, ha
I'm trying to get invited to the same opening day in London but I have found a problem. I cannot complete my on line application because the page doesn't allowed me to enter language or even attached pictures and is driving me insane.
Can you please tell me whether you had any kind of problems?
I hope is not too late to send the application!

Good luck!

Holdudvar
21st Apr 2009, 07:22
Dear MontseMR,

I had the same problem, just keep on trying, till it will end successfully:)

M.

P.S.Jeremy did U get my priv message?

Jeremys_mleu
21st Apr 2009, 07:23
Definatelly and i have added you in the Msn.

Your plan was unfortunatelly dropped - at least you could not use YOU instead of the name.

i just wonder what could happen if all Tallin people could know this site - probably that could be the end of this forum - :) cos people were like Uph, whats here again after being told that everything was done - hahaha

Skywards
21st Apr 2009, 07:51
Jeremys_mleu ????:ugh:
I was replying to the post from EA_cabincrew which asked me specifically to "please answer". I wasn't arguing I was answering the questions they posed.

Skywards, a cabin crew never argue like that:= [need to be a littl diplomatic for a 5 star airlinehttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif] so just keep it yourself and wait for the great times to start - You are great http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif.

As for that comment, I am just as entitled to my opinions as you are. I didn't ask you to keep your comments to yourself, so please show the same respect. The point of having these forums is to have discussions. Thanks for your advice on what makes good cabin crew, clearly you are an expert. I somehow managed to get through with Etihad, so I think I understand what they are looking for.:)

Jeremys_mleu
21st Apr 2009, 07:59
Cool sky - Lets have happines here now.. Again You are great and will make it cool .. Right. I respect all of the opinions here however, i just felt that its better to close this throwing of words and ahead to the new topics, cos i think i had realised dssapointments that will never end from the other sie.

Yes, i have little expertise with diplomacy - but not CC. Hopefully one day i will make it there and implment my new competencies :)

So Peace :ok:

barrett1987
21st Apr 2009, 09:48
There is some good points made in the last few posts. I am boggled by the critiea they use to pick the staff. (This is from someone who has got in!) I just don't get what they are looking for..at all. Once out there if i ever meet a recruiter on a social setting i intend to pick some brains indeed!

NewCrewMember
21st Apr 2009, 11:44
I think its about as much what they are 'not' looking for as what they'are' looking for. Probably the recruiters find it easier to deselect candidates for things rather than try and find a 'perfect candidate' if that makes sense. Fortunatley i do think there is a happy medium to fit into. If you are very presentable, speak english well and clearly and you can participate in a group discussion by contributing but not offending or controlling the conversation you will be fine. Also small things like writing clearly and neatly in the written exams goes a long way to saying a lot about you as a person.

NewCrewMember
21st Apr 2009, 11:52
Etihad is totally different hence why i turned down Qatar and am now waiting for Etihad. A few differences are:

No service charge with Etihad
Cabin Crew bags are free
Bonus at the end of year
Basic wage rises ever year
Career prospects are better with Etihad

Personally i just felt i would be tied in with Qatar. The small rules do not bother me but having to pay to work for Qatar for a full 2 yrs, that does! Also having to ask permission to leave Doha limits what you can do on your time off. Another issue for me was its difficult to leave. Imagine if you hated it after 7 months but you didn't have the money you owe them to pay them back? How are you going to leave because you have to ask permission to leave Doha and this is not going to be granted because you owe money to Qatar Airways! Just one situation to consider because 3 yrs is a long time to be somewhere you really don't like.:bored:

Kseny
21st Apr 2009, 19:08
Seems that i missed too much here.... So anybody who passed the interview in tallinn?????? or just sad angry and dissapointed people?

And about the girls who made the interview,come on, they know what they re doing, after seeing u and talking to u for 5 minutes they already
know if ure suitable or not, so all the tests are just formalities...'

Relaaaaaaaaaax, its not the end of the world, and etihad is not the best company to work for! And emirates is bloody hot, full of arabs and rules, be happy u re staying in europe!!!!!! and enjoy it!!!!!

p.s Jeremy if ure so desperate i can give you my place to go there!

wajdute
21st Apr 2009, 19:29
well after reading all the coments I am with Kseny on this. At least You know you did not get the job, and You can now start planing anything else what's on you dreams :) while I on the other hand am still waiting for something...no idea when they are going to call us? or if they are going to call us at all, so at this moment I kind of wish i did not get through....becouse I am hanging in between, look for othe rjob or wait...it Su***!!!!!

anyone heard about cancelation of AD in Lithuaia? a firend of mine got the message from ETIHAD that she's been succesfully shortlisted, but they are canceling AD in Vilnius, strange since two days ago they posted the add for cabin crew in one of the job sites.... well...the longer I wait the more compicated everything looks.:ugh:

But anyway, congrats to everyone who made it to the end.

ETIHADBRU
21st Apr 2009, 20:15
Hello everybody

My name is Cedric and am currently working at bru airport handling agent

for Etihad and i just applied for cabin crew member but i was curious to

know what happens next and if possible to know the procedures once i

have passed the selections?

Are there other tests i need to follow up on besides the medical and cabin

crew training??

thank you Cedric

Jeremys_mleu
21st Apr 2009, 20:39
Thanks Kseny - Unfortunatelly Etihad will not approve it.

Well, the lady spoke to me for about a minute - so if the goal is 5 minutes then i was a definite trash :). Hope that was told clearly.

It was a cool day - only that ...... lil problems:p .

barret. It looks like you have an experience .... but lets leave things as they are since we are not the recruiters. As calm as we become, as good the Flight attendant material we shall become - and may be next can be us.

So enjoy and have fun.:D

fingers xd
22nd Apr 2009, 06:01
Hi Cedric

Once you have passed the selections at the assessment day its just a case of waiting on a date for training. Did you take all the certificates to the assessment they asked for? They will contact you and ask you to have a medical but apart from that its just waiting on a date for the 7wks training. Have a look at Nikitas blog once upon a dream, sorry cant remember the address but it comes up on google. Its a great insight to the trianing course. She started last November.

I hope this helps

gacmaska
22nd Apr 2009, 13:22
Hi everybody,

Can somebody tell what kind of photos should we bring at the AD ?
I only know that we should bring one full size photo and a passport photo...but...
What about the dimensions and the background? SMILE (YES or NO) ?
Are the short sleeved shirts allowed at the interview?

Cheers

Alex

gacmaska
22nd Apr 2009, 13:34
Hi everybody,

Can somebody tell what kind of photos should we bring at the AD ?
I only know that we should bring one full size photo and a passport photo...but...
What about the dimensions and the background? SMILE (YES or NO) ?
Are the short sleeved shirts allowed at the interview?

Cheers

Alex

Jeremys_mleu
22nd Apr 2009, 13:48
hi read page 8-Leecronje gave a thorough description.

gacmaska
22nd Apr 2009, 13:55
Thank you so much...It is a very useful post :)

Cheers

Alex

ETIHADBRU
22nd Apr 2009, 14:56
FINGERS XD yes i sent all certificates and waiting to present my personal interview next time they come to bru. thank you very much for the quick reply and information...

Skywards
23rd Apr 2009, 02:01
Gacmaska, when I went to the assesment day I took both smiley and non-smiley because I wasn't sure either. They said either is fine, they don't have a preference.

Fingers xd-Thanks for mentioning that blog, I hadn't seen it before and it was good reading, gave a good insight of what actually happens.

fingers xd
23rd Apr 2009, 07:07
Yeah Nikitas blog is great! It gets me too excited haha I cant wait to join!

Theres another blog for people at the assessment day stage chloe-jean87.*************. Its worth a read aswell. Oh it wont let me type the address its on blog spot.

If anyone knows anymore please let me know. :ok:

TrixiB
23rd Apr 2009, 14:57
Is anyone going to Dublin AD??

birddream
23rd Apr 2009, 18:03
is fixed 3 years contract buddy?

Hot-bit
23rd Apr 2009, 21:31
Hi All,

Has anyone else had an invite to the AD in Heathrow on the 4th May 2009.
I am attending, I had email confirmation on Monday.

Is there usually alot of people invited?

I am really excited as I really would love to work for them!

:)

mellymoo
25th Apr 2009, 09:05
Hi everyone,

Anybody heard any other news from the HR Departments... I havent heard a dicky bird, besides the last note here, going away in June for 4 days so gonna send an email to HR. Sad about the recruitment days in Tallin oh well cest la vie, if its meant to be it will be. Dont give up hope though.

abigailnoo
25th Apr 2009, 11:04
How can we re-apply after six months? I tried to do it online, but it does not work. Another way, I registered again with another user, but in your personal information part, you need to fill like your surname, date of birth, pasport number, etc. Of course the system recognize that these details have been used by somebody else. So failed!!!

Any idea how to re-apply??
Thank you so much!!

NewCrewMember
25th Apr 2009, 12:17
When i went to the heathrow assesment day in Feb there were nearly 80 of us at the start. The recruiters were quite surprised by how many had actually turned up so i would expect that given AD are being cancelled etc there will be even more people at the 4th May AD. Don't worry though our AD was super organised and everyone was given as much attention as the other person. There were 26 of us left for the final interview so they will take through as many as there are that make the grade. Good Luck:O

michaelflynn61
25th Apr 2009, 12:42
Hopeing somebody can help me with this, perhaps if any Etihad crew are here they might be able to help.

Does anyone have any information on the aural (hearing) standards Etihad require. As in can you have any hearing loss or does youre hearing have to be 100%? Also do they allow you to wear a hearing aid or discreet hearing device?

Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. You can reply or if you like send me a pm.

Thanks.

KEFREN82
25th Apr 2009, 13:24
as far as I know, for global aviation rules, as flight attendants are required for safety and security reasons, they must have a perfect sense of hearing. For this reason, who cannot hear well naturally, he or she can't work as flight attendant.

LemmingLT
26th Apr 2009, 05:45
yes I saw that Vilnius is no longer on Etihad's website, but I applied through a lithuanian job site, I've found the ad absolutelly accidentally and just thought... mmm wow... that should be a great job :D

I've sent my CV to that agency.... scandinaviarecruitment or smth like that :D and they replied they are going to send invitations as soon as the time-limit for applying is over.

So I hope very much to receive the invitation and to attend the AD in Vilnius on 23rd of May :)

and I thought maybe they removed vilnius from etihad's site to make people apply to the agency instead of directly to etihad :hmm:

LemmingLT
26th Apr 2009, 06:01
by the way.... when I found this forum, I was going to ask something here... but could you believe I've red everything from page 8 to 53 :D It took me several days, but I have no questions anymore :D

well, actually it would be nice to get in touch with somebody who passed through Vilnius' AD here in January (or when was it). Interesting, was it like most of the AD's described earlier in this thread from other parts of the world or maybe something different?

michaelflynn61
26th Apr 2009, 12:58
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about the 2 reference/service letters you have to bring to the AD. Does anyone know if they should be from current or ex-employers or are they personal references or can they be either?

Thanks

NewCrewMember
26th Apr 2009, 13:11
One of my references was a personal one and the other was from a previous employer as i didn't want my current employer to know i was having an interview for something else. It doesn't matter really Etihad don't specify so any 2 will do as long as they are current.

michaelflynn61
26th Apr 2009, 14:21
Thats what I was thinking.

Thanks for that.

VUPerson
26th Apr 2009, 15:07
The reason why Vilnius AD is not anymore on etihad website I guess is the same why Riga assesment day (was supposed to be on 21st of May) is removed from there. It is cancelled.
Some month ago I got an email from etihad saying that I am shortlisted (I apllied online on etihad webpage) for an assesment day.
But a week ago I ve got an email saying that Riga assesment day is cancelled. Somehow it didn t surprise me :}

LemmingLT
26th Apr 2009, 16:16
I guess your you are right :( I've checked scandinaviarecruit.com and now all dates are removed as well.... just a couple of days ago there were vilnius, riga, tallinn and smth else :( Now it says:
No Interview for the time beeing. Send your applciation and we will contact you for the next assessment day

Kseny
26th Apr 2009, 19:00
that means things are getting worse and worse :sad::oh:

NewCrewMember
27th Apr 2009, 13:02
By cancelling assesment days Etihad are acting professionally so look on it as a positive rather than a negative. They already must have 100's in the holding pool so they are now being very selective as to where they want to recruit their crew from in order to slow down numbers in the pool. They will have to stop all recruitment sooner or later to give the holding pool a chance to empty when training starts again.

For those wanting to attend assesment days you could see if there are cheap flights to other countrys where they are being held. This is what i did and ended up flying to london for mine. It's not possible for eveyone though so i understand how annoying it must be for you guys:*

Pricella
27th Apr 2009, 17:44
I just got my better now. Still no clear understanding.

Jeremy and all, as you said lets keep positive and try harder: that was outrageous all together.

Jeremy Woooooooooow, you looked GREAT on that day. i liked everyone but when i came to you i was like, oh he must oh he must , then we were all going out. Whatever will be said but keep doing it, you are a guy for that - That attire uh. and the smile,oh the accent, the jokes and all, was WOW. Good you were there, you gave us spirit and fun.

I will be reading the forum and check fo new info. I Dont get tired wow.

Cheers

Jeremys_mleu
27th Apr 2009, 18:24
Hhahahahah.... Thanks sooooo Much - at least some complement from someone - As cute. I am speechless and i promise that i will work hard to get other AD and OD.:ok:

I have sent you an e mail. I just can not percevere that complement- it's so huge. But i love it.

Well, now its time to forget the past and lets look thereeee [further]. All will be ok.

Will come to Nederlands Antilliek since i amplaning to trip to Aruba in 3 months time - i hope i can connect with EY at some point.

Thanks once again P, and yes I can not complement you more than what i said when we saw in the AD.:D

Dank u well/ cheers:ok: WOW.....;)

julia82
28th Apr 2009, 07:00
Do sou remember Chloe from Australia and Her blog? She writes there
That she has already heard from Etihad and that they gave her date of her training- in October! Anyone else has heard from Etihad???

wajdute
28th Apr 2009, 08:31
OMG!!!! this is soooooo exiting :) since I had my AD on 23 JAnuary I hope to hear from them soon....that would make my summer perfect :D

Lets now all keep our fingers crossed :ugh:

KEFREN82
28th Apr 2009, 08:41
yes, but the case of chloe is different... she had already sent her medicals and contract... all the people after, me included, didn't make medicals or sign the contract, we have to take vaccines too...

so, we have to do other things before the joining date will be confirmed.

bye

janneha
28th Apr 2009, 09:42
oh my god guys!!!!

I hope we hear from them soon. Wadjute you'll probably be the first to hear from them, since you AD was in january. For us Londoners it was mid feb.

I hope we get october as wellllllllll!!!! ekkkkkkk............... :eek:

what should we do now???????????? And the million dollar question -Do we contact them or just wait?

tata...:)

wajdute
28th Apr 2009, 13:01
You know, as for me, they never said that all the trainings are delayd or smth...Surprisingly I was clever enough (I am blond that's why it is a surprise :)) to find out about that by my self, so I kind of have o reason not to call them :)

And I did :) but no one answered...as always...so I will try tommorow and the day after and after :D I don't think I have anything to loose :) Worst thing that I was at the job interwiev today and it went sooooo well and the job is so tempting.....no idea what to do next. s many things going through my mind...damn EY with all the delays!!!

so please please anyone if you hear from them let us all know :)

janneha
28th Apr 2009, 15:57
hun, could you please pm me their number as the one i was given doesn't seem to work. There is a constant busy tone.
I think its time for me to finally contact them now.

About you interview, is the position based in your country? Anyway am sure you will make the right decision, so good luck with that!:ok:

I'll certainly post if i hear from them...

cheers you lot....:)

sillysausage
28th Apr 2009, 18:23
I was on your AD in feb. Haven't heard anything recently from HR, but would be happy to contact you when I do. x

Air123
28th Apr 2009, 20:26
Hi All,

I have been following the Etihad topic, and I have been suprised to see there has been no reference to any Prune members 'excited' about attending in Heathrow.. ( unless I missed them).
I have been invited by email and I was wondering if anyone else is going on that day?

:) Air :)

janneha
29th Apr 2009, 15:50
I haven't heard anything either, tried to call from work today but can't get through. I'll let you if i hear anything as well....

:)

fly.high
29th Apr 2009, 20:49
hang in there guys and gals. there are so many crew at the moment .. we need A/C!.
a couple are arriving soon, so i guess that's when HR will call you. new A/c + new destinations = new people.. they can't just keep on training new crew without the new A/Cs arriving:)

Jeremys_mleu
30th Apr 2009, 12:09
That was a very good calculation:D.
However,
if they can not keep training new people before the new A/Cs arrive - Why then continuing to recruit and strand people like that- and in this economic depression span?

For me the recruitment looked so easy. It could be done when they know exactly about the arrival of their new ACs [aircrafts]. So that people are chosen and the procedures move as planned. It just looks like at the end some of those hundreds already waiting will be told that the number is big enough, so there will not be any more need for extra crews:=.

Well, may be this is a word from the "Etihad disqualified" but i think for the best airline as it sounds,

Precise Knowledge of the A/C arrival + intact crew deployment+immediate crew security and med processes= Remarkable Efficiency and uploaded company's immage.
This is what people want - even me - the looser of the moment :).

But cool guys, keep a little wait and all will be fine. I will see you soon :)

Miss You Etihad :)

JJ'my

paheli
1st May 2009, 10:34
hello Air, I will be there too, I received the invitation by email!!!:ok:
I'm very excited but a little scared too, I'm trying to prepare all the answers to the possible questions they'll ask us!!! Morevore I'm not very good at swimming, do you know if they will really test our swimming skills during the training????:eek:
By the way, how are you getting there? It seems an endless journey, tube till terminal 2, then bus H1 which leaves every 30 min from the bus stand...I'll be coming from north London, I think I'll have to wake up around 4 am to make it on time!!!!

kasialec82
1st May 2009, 11:23
I'm gonna be there too.
So stressed out....don't know what to expect!
do you guys have any ideas??

good luck
xxx

janneha
1st May 2009, 12:06
hi guys,

I got through the last london assessment, therefore, one of the 'waiting ones':)

I know that there are people who just sap up the information/advice on the forum and never contribute, offer help or simply just don't join the forum.

I can tell you now that the most important thing i did was to join the forum, purely because i met up with a few ppruners on the day and that put me so much at ease. I had people to talk to and share my fears and excitement with. This instantly breaks the ice, enables you to feel less stressed so your true personality just shines through. You find it easier to talk to strangers and the permanent smile just naturally creeps up because you're having so much fun mingling.

I still can't believe that i got through because it was totally unexpected. I still have a bit of trouble accepting that i was chosen and keep having to read the 'happy to inform you ' email just to make sure.

So the best advice is to swap telephone numbers and meet up on the day, BE YOURSELF and just ENJOY THE DAY. Everything else comes second, well thats based on my experiance anyway.

Etihad recruiters are fantastic and they will take proper care of you on the day, so no worries on that side.

Good luck you guys, i'll be routing for you!!:ok:

ashleebrownell
1st May 2009, 13:58
hi i am going to the ethiad opening day on the 4th may. i am travelling down the sunday so i can stay over. i reached the final 16 in the qatar open day but i was unsucessful. has anyone got any tips or know what they are looking for
thanks
ash xxx

mellymoo
1st May 2009, 16:43
I was also on the LHR interview.

Ensure you have all your paperworks with you, photos, passport copies, resumes etc, flying certs if you have them from previous airlines if not dont worry.

Make sure that you are neat and kempt and reapply lipsticks etc throughout the day, make sure you have spare tights etc if you are a girl in case you have a ladder in your tights, and dont wear too much overpowering perfume. I do remember stress made us sit there with hot armpits and freezing cold hands!! even some of the men suffered it, I think that was the nerves coming through. It can be quite cold in the room so make sure that you have a jersey or cardigan etc.

You will have to do a stretch test to see whether on tips toes you can reach 214cm i think, and then they will have an elimination, if you cant swim they dont test you at the venue however, when in Abu Dhabi and doing ditching you will have to get into a raft with a lifejacket and haul crew into the raft you do need to be able to keep your head above water in clothes and in a lifejacket.

If you have tattoos ensure they are covered you arent allowed visible tattoos for the airlines, e.g. if you have them on your arms at the top wear a t-shirt under your shirt to cover them, also if they are visible and cant be covered they will not accept you.

They will ask you to commence an English test this is 20 mins long, read it carefully as you could trip up in it. They will do another point from this, where it will be decision time of whom to take. Then you will play games dont be too overpowering or take control, work together as a team and if someone doesnt speak ask their opinion, work as a team not as a loner!!

The girls were lovely on our day once through to a certain point they will invite you for lunch make sure afterwards, you have groomed yourself for the next round, take 5 mins off your lunch if need be.

For anyone staying over you can go on lastminute deals and get the hotel for Ģ61 including breakfast and concierge will looks after your bags dont book with the hotel the prices are outrageous.

Good Luck, smile be yourself and work with everybody, remember part of it is luck on the day the other is being professional and courteous.

GOOD LUCK ALL:D

birddream
1st May 2009, 17:09
invitation receiver only or?

LynnS
1st May 2009, 17:21
Can any give me me the address where the assessment will be taken pls. also which email address i can send my CV? maybe too late but i like to try thks

danni14
1st May 2009, 21:30
hi guys,

well first of all good luck to everyone going on the 4th May- hopefully you will be able to join our waiting club!

I was on the same AD as mellymoo, I do urge everyone to take note of the post that she has recently posted because there is a lot of good advice in it.

birddream- yes you need an invitation to the assessment day. It is an open day where you can just turn up but Etihad don't do open days so you need to apply online first and wait to see if you are shortlisted. good luck.

LynnS- You won't be able to just email your CV as everybody has to apply the same way and wait to see if you have been shortlisted, if you have then they will send you the invitation to the assessment day which will have all the information you will need like address of hotel, times, what documents to bring etc .... so you will need to go on Etihad website and fill out their online application form. good luck.

anyway to all you guys who got through on 16th feb london - hope you are all ok and that the wait hasn't killed you yet! I'm still really positive that we will get there this year and I'm sure we will be going out celebrating together when we finally get our wings!

xx:)

LynnS
2nd May 2009, 04:11
thks much good luck

kasialec82
3rd May 2009, 11:42
hi guys,
anyone from London going to this AD tomorrow???

michaelflynn61
3rd May 2009, 17:44
Hi guys,

best of luck to those of you going for the interview tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone on here is going to the one in Dublin on wed??

smilingbutterfly
4th May 2009, 13:55
Hey, does anybody know if Etihad have assesment days in South Africa? I have just recently applied to both Qatar and Etihad and I'm still waiting. Qatar are having an assesment day in Cape Town on May 23rd. Does anyone know if this is a closed/invite only day or can anyone show up without an invitation? How long did it take for you guys to get through the initial application process? Does anyone have a phone number for either Etihad HR or Qatar HR? Good luck to everyone!!!

Smilingbutterly :)

Flori
4th May 2009, 15:10
Hi,
My name is Florina and I applied for Etihad Airline as Cabin Crew for Open Day Assessment on 6 May Dublin. I have been shortlisted on 02/03/2009 and I haven't got any answer from their company yet. I am still waiting the invitation for the interview. I would like to know for who applied for Etihad Airline as Cabin Crew if somebody got any answer from their company.
Thank you

Jeremys_mleu
4th May 2009, 20:41
HI Smiley -

Yes Etihad has assessment days in RSA- unfortunatelly they have just passed or removed from the web - keep a close eye to their site.

For the Qatar Open days [OD] you can just appear with your CV and cool photos [i was told], and for Etihad [AD] you have to be shortlisted/invited.

In our assessment there was no any calling of names so if some guys just came no one asked any question. But i could suggest that Be iinvited for ETIHAD.If it happens to be in your home city and no one invited you - try to just appear, it may be your lucky on the day - as how all this process is. :)

Flori

If you were shortlisted, you need to e mail them for them to send you the happening venue. Tell them precisely that you were shortlisted already cos they may have a possible change of mind :). Act quick

Hope i have helped a bit ;):ok:

LONDONERS [London AD]

How was your assessment like? Hope to hear Good news.

JJ

Flori
4th May 2009, 23:18
Hi, I am Flori, Thank you very much for your support. But I send them saturday morning an email, and I haven't the confirmation yet. I don't know what is happend but I got very fast the answer when I have been shortlisted and now......:{. I am still hoping!!!! I will try to call them, i found a phone number but is not from their department but I suppose will be help me.
I wish all the best and good luck !!!:ok:

Sheenab1983
5th May 2009, 08:12
Hi Michael,

I am going to the AD in Dublin tomorrow... Do you have a Facebook page? Perhaps you could PM me your link and that way we can know each other if we see each other.

See you there!

Sheena.

Flori
5th May 2009, 12:45
Hi,:*
I have got their phone number but nombody answer, I finnished my phone credit. May be if somebody want to help and to informe the place for Opend Day Assessment 6th May 2009 in Dublin. It's not correctly how they work that make me to feel bad. I applied on their site for this Open Day in february, and I have been shortlisted after two days, also they changed more time the date of Opend Day, first time have been on 27th April, or 8th April after 29th April and now 6th May. I am still hoping tommorow to be at interview. I am feeling much thristy if i didn't get any answer. :{
I wish you all the best!!!!
Take care and good luck

Yvette8610
5th May 2009, 13:15
An acquaintance of mine has been in the same boat..as she has been shortlisted but hasn't got her invitation...I don't know how can they forget it..or what happens in such cases.

Wish you good luck, hopefully you will get there in time. Fingers crossed.

Flori
5th May 2009, 13:47
Hi Yvette8610,

I got their phone number from their department, but all the time when I call them the answer is "Operator Unvailable":(. I can give their phone number and to try to call them and if You will got the venue please inform me. I wish you Good Luck.:ok:
The phone number is :0097125111719

Yvette8610
5th May 2009, 14:00
Oh, that's very kind of you, thank you but the assessment day in Romania has been canceled. I have been to the Prague assessment, without being successful..unfortunately.

Jeremys_mleu
5th May 2009, 16:52
HI Flori......

That looks bad on your side are you in Dublin?

Etihad normally do their assessments in the "top hit of the city hotels". So if you realy know the best 5 hotels in Dublin -5 star prefarably, call and ask them whether they have AD for this airline. That should work as a last minute strategy.

And why don't those facebook guys give you a ride for the venue hint? Cos they know or!!.

Michael and Sheena

help her in this last minute -The FLIGHT ATTENDANT is willing to assist others :)

Good luck Flori, Also Sheen and Mike:D.

Flori
5th May 2009, 17:20
Thank you very much for your support!!! :ok: I hope be a good candidate for tommorow and also I wish you good luck everybody and to do all the best tommorow for who will assited tommorow at interview with Etihad Airways in Dublin.:ok: And to make the part of team within Etihad Airways as the position of cabin crew.

Jeremys_mleu
5th May 2009, 17:28
Yeahhhhh Flori- at last things are sorted out.

Thats what we have to do. Good luck again to all of you.

Smile and be yourselves, all will be cool

Sheenab1983
5th May 2009, 17:47
Jeremy, i PM'd Flori with the venue straight after she posted :)

Thanks for the well wishes :)

cabin8crew
5th May 2009, 19:30
Does anybody know where will be interview in DUB held?

Please text me by personal message

Thank You.

Flori
5th May 2009, 19:59
Hi, How are? I am in same sitution as you.
Have you been shortlisted?

cabin8crew
5th May 2009, 20:06
Yeah, but no email where and when :(

Holdudvar
6th May 2009, 00:14
Good LUCK to all of You on your AD!
Hope to hear with good news from You!
If yes that will mean that I'll be jealous, oh jealous, so jealous:):):)

Anyone can help girls/guys Flori and cabin8crew and write we're the AD in Dublin is going to be? Name of the hotel, time? That will help!:ok:

Fingers crossed - for everybody, for me too - why not?:)

michaelflynn61
6th May 2009, 15:04
Just back from the Dublin AD. I didnt get through to the final stage.

I would echo what everyone else (pretty much) has said so far. The recruiters were really really nice and did a great job. Enjoyable day and they treat you very well on the day. Push the boat out with coffee and cakes and a great lunch.

Disappointed I didnt make it all the way through but as they say, back on the horse.

Jeremys_mleu
6th May 2009, 16:40
Congrats for being there at least. I believe this was just not your day but you are as great as anyone who has made it.

Good to hear cool news from your Assessment.

Know what? - keep positive and get back there in 6 months - Like me and Holdudvar - we shall all make it.

Cheers and nice hearing something Cool from Dublin

What about my Flori.... and Sheen? anyone in?

cheers Dubliners:ok:

Flori
6th May 2009, 20:34
Hi,
Today I assissted to the assessmnet. I found the address finally and I would like to say thank you for yours support.
I didn't pass the English test, also have been easy but too short time to concetrate for the answer, and when you have to complete the corectly words. I didn't finnish the last question from the first part of the English Test.:bored: And I supposed have to been completed all the answers. But I saw candidates form London and Irish Candidates who didn't pass the english test. I am expected to choise them because are their national language and they shure completed correctly the answer. Also I saw candidates who know to speak and written more than 3 languages including English Language and they didn't pass the interview. :confused:
I wish you to everybody who didn't pass the interview to continous to touch their dreams and try all time when they have occassion to work as cabin crew:ok: and also I wish all the best for who passed the interview and to enjoyed with the experience of cabin crew:ok:

Yvette8610
7th May 2009, 00:33
Feeling for you, guys..but as Jeremy says we shall all get back in six months.

Keep your chins up!:ok:

Sheenab1983
7th May 2009, 10:34
I got eliminated in the first round... Not sure what they were looking for, it was very random. I know i wasn't eliminated based on the English test as i got top grades in that subject at school. I'm pretty sure it was something else. What i dont know as i passed the whole emirates process, just didn't get taken on due to the lack of jobs.

TBH i was relieved when i got eliminated as it meant i wasn't going to have to go through what emirates put some of us through earlier in the year. I honestly couldn't do that again... Maybe they could see by my demeanor on the day that i didn't want it as much as the time i interviewed with emirates.

I am just going to give up on cabin crew as a job and concentrate on my carreer, rather than taking a year out at a time when there is a global recession.

Sorry for those that had their hopes pinned on it and didn't get through.

Jeremys_mleu
7th May 2009, 17:57
You all did great people:ok:.

For the selection section, i suppose it was just not your luck. I think the precise assessment starts after they eliminate the first batch in the interview. Which is a sort of --:yuk:--. They can easily shortlist people enough for their needs - Or call it Open day like Qatar, so that no one is invited - SO just go if you want :) - but well that's what is their style.

Flori - but where are you from? cos i tried to reconcile several times when i read your text - then i thought oh it might be an Irish style ;)

All of you, just keep positive once again - at least you had 3 assessors, we had 1, and still that cream was found.

By the way, at last i have just received a 'not shortlisted' note from EY that i can check for the jobs that match my qualifications and experiences [initially i was chosen by an airline rep - and they thought it is Ok - with my long VIP experience] - does it mean that post graduates are not invited to work there - funny but it's again their way

I have decided to deal with my Profession as sheen cos this may bring new dramas in my whole career stuff. -

Yvette, i already miss you here since you were my coach till when i was smashed in the first round:D.

racheldebuitleir
7th May 2009, 20:20
Hey all,

I was at the AD yesterday in DUB. I have to say the whole thing was much nicer than the Emirates Open Day. Far more welcoming and laid back. I loved how the final interview was more a chat in the room , just aside from everyone else instead of waiting outside in a hallway to walk in to a severely intimidating table with two recruiters on the other side as in the emirates interviews.

It is amazing how they manage to cut people based on such little things, and without really interacting with the candidates. I wondered about how on earth they managed to get any idea whether these people were suitable or not after only registration and an english test. The cut after the group discussion was more surprising! From 12 down to 6! michaelflynn61 are you the guy who was the 'priest' in the group discussion? If thats you...hard luck man! Was very surprised not to see you go through! Try again!

Long before this assessment I searched through these forums for tips on how the day went and what to do , what not to do and it definitely helps! I think the best pieces of basic advice I would give anyone going to an assessment are:

1)Be well groomed!...Hair neat, nice make up, sensible, simple suit! Nothing too unusual or stylish. Smart shoes...not flippin peeptoes!! The more you look like you are already cabin crew the easier it is for them to imagine you as one. Try not to stand out, look like you are willing to conform to grooming guidlines.
2)Be early!
3)SMILE< SMILE, EYE CONTACT AND MORE SMILING
4) BE PREPARED! Have all the documents that you are supposed to have! Know what to expect and think about what answers you are going to give to the usual questions.
5)Chat and integrate...it shows that you will make friends in abu dhabi and wont run off home coz you're too lonely. And it will help you relax too!
6) During the process ....Listen carefully, show interest, sit up straight. In group discussions its soooooooooo important that you DO NOT take over, DO NOT dominate or lead. It must be a group/team. Dont be too quiet either. You must achieve the balance of listening and being heard. Watch the time allocated to your task, try to make sure that everyone gets a say and that you agree as a group on the conclusion, and summarise your conclusions.

Part of me sometimes thinks that if you're right for the job it will show anyway regardless of whether you get tips from a forum or not....and if you're not right for it, well theres no point pretending to be someting you're not.

BUT I suppose it helps to know what you're getting into and what to expect so that you can relax more and let your personality shine.

Good luck
xx

janneha
7th May 2009, 21:32
hello there,

First of all congrats for all those that got through! For those that didn't, don't ever loose face and surely your day will come.

Just wondering if a possible start date was mentioned to you lot that managed to get through? Been waiting for a while now and not a squeak from etihad.

Cheers for your help :)

Holdudvar
8th May 2009, 01:55
Congrats for all who made it and for those who did not:)

Luck is very needed during the first or even before the first cut:)
We know that:):):) Don't we? JJ'my?

So maybe tomorrow?

Cheers:ok:

brani
8th May 2009, 09:30
Hi All,
congratulations for all of you who passed successfully Etihad interviews,:ok: and for those who failed i want to encourage never give up and do not stop chasing your dream sooner or later it happens:)

I have one question how to re - apply again after interviews for my country has been cancelled so i now want to apply for in another country but something is wrong when i tried to reapply :ugh:
thanks in advance
have a great and sunny day to everybody

Yvette8610
8th May 2009, 10:14
If you have been shortlisted but your interview has been canceled you don't have to re-apply. Our assessment day in Romania has been canceled, as well but I could attend the assessment day in Prague without re-applying. Just write them a mail that you would like to attend the AD in an other country.

Good luck.:ok:

brani
8th May 2009, 10:48
THANK YOU very much Yvette for the answer :)

mellymoo
8th May 2009, 12:09
Hi All,

Dont be put off if you didnt get through the first time, when I went for the airlines before it was 1 to 1000 people getting the jobs, then it went down to 1 to 100people. Keep trying, you will so learn from other assessments and companies what they are looking for. THough once again alot of it depends on the day, and if they see a spark in someone.

You can reapply again after 6 months, dont give up hope xx

Jeremys_mleu
8th May 2009, 16:21
After reading this forum for a long fast, then attending the interview with a coaching of more than 6 people + UAE flight attendants, i think we should not add any in the "to do list" for the future guys. The info here is enough.

The ADs are like games - or some sort of a "Miss Universum" stuff, so luck is a big part since 80% of the AD attendants have definatelly fulfilled all what is required.

So if one gets, it's a big congrats cos you have stood out in the pick, and the one who hasn't, has to get there again.

- sitting, smilling, pass English Test etc. aaaa they are just motivations but i witnessed people selected with no any upright sitting .

The best way is, keep on your professions moving and try ADs and ODs so that when something comes up- there you go. Take those ADs as the accassional tips, or like going to the casino.

Goodluck once again all who have made - Fingure crossed for the EY to articulate the times. [B]But YES Luck plays a role - then Big

See you guys later if EY will need more ;) . .

racheldebuitleir
8th May 2009, 17:21
Hi Janneha,

Regarding your question about the mention of a possible start date....we were told that if we were successful the earliest start would probably be around october. They said they have enough crew for now and that they will need more later with more routes starting and a/c arriving. They mentioned that there are people who were recruited before us who will be trained up before us and then it will be our turn.

hope that helps :)

janneha
8th May 2009, 20:23
thanks for the response, very much appreciated.

Welcome to the waiting club:ok:

mellymoo
8th May 2009, 23:37
Janneha,

I know how you feel!! We will get there soon!!

iio78
9th May 2009, 11:23
so to summarize guys: 24th of jan romanians went for AD and we r still here and if i am not mistaking around that date australians, lithuanians and londoners attended for AD, right? so we r the first to go. and since they r saying that october is DOJ for Dublin can we hope that we will make it by august or september???

KEFREN82
9th May 2009, 12:51
why you forget Italians on 14th february? We are waiting too...

yuja13
9th May 2009, 13:44
6th Feb in Toronto & 8th Feb New York also waiting :O

racheldebuitleir
9th May 2009, 14:56
to be honest though, I am not 100% sure if when they mentioned October being the earliest if they meant that October would be the earliest for those recruited in Dublin OR if indeed maybe there would not be anymore training courses at all until october which might mean dubliners dont start until AFTER october. Not sure :(

lovelysmile
9th May 2009, 15:58
My AD was in April and we were told that for us the training would probably be in december ( i guess because there are so many candidates waiting before us). Anyways, for sure they will be mixing some of the nationalities too in the training batches so some of us might go earlier or later. I think our training groups will be really great because we have all been waiting for this job for so long that we will truly appreciate it once we get there! :)

mellymoo
9th May 2009, 17:02
completely agree lovelysmile, but still getting impatient, just wanna get out to the sandpit and start travelling, revising and getting on the planes!! The email I got from the recruiters was about Oct they would prob start...

michaelflynn61
10th May 2009, 00:11
Yup yup Rachel that was me indeed! Despite not getting through it all I really enjoyed the day and will defintely be trying again at some stage. Congrats to you on getting the job. Hope you dont have to wait too long now to head over!!

janneha
10th May 2009, 13:29
Hi guys!

This made me smile today whilst obsessively trying to get some info on etihad airline developments. So.....i thought i'd share it with the rest of the waiting club and wannabes. I hope you enjoy reading it like i did.

Cheers:)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/5268246/Etihad-puts-fleet-growth-into-nosedive.html

mellymoo
10th May 2009, 16:56
Hmm interesting, glad the A380s are on the back burner for a bit. I know my friends in EK have had delays with them in out stations they are meant to be the dogs b@@@@@@ks but when they go wrong its a mess.

Still waiting to get out there, please make it sooner than later.....

Would be nice to know if any of the Etihad Crew know of anymore information than what we have?? Anyone out there please inform us would be greatly appreciated of when the next aircraft arrival will be.

alkyd
12th May 2009, 00:20
Our AD was in Dubai on January 15. Supposedly those who passed on that AD should be starting early as well... However I still havn't done my medical clearance as they didn't send me the form yet and I emailed them to follow up on this but got no reply :( I hope they won't changed their mind about me! I am really worried now :sad:.

NieveYao
12th May 2009, 09:30
Just a confirmation... In order to be shortlisted for the AD you have to be living around the area/country right?

Holdudvar
12th May 2009, 10:27
No You don't have to be from the country in which the AD is going to be!

janneha
12th May 2009, 10:44
hi guys

thats correct holduvar.

Anyway i thought that a further 1000 cc were to be recruited by the end of the year. At least thats what i read in an article a few months back. I just read a more recent article today which stated that they were to recruit only 200 by the end of the year. ekkkkkkkk:eek:

Surely there's more than 200 in the pool or maybe not???? I know they've recruited from a few countries since January although not quite a lot made it to the end (exception of london feb!). They have greece and turkey this month as well.

Guys please post your views and thoughts about this. Some of you might know a bit more about the aviation industry. And as mellymoo posted, more info from current etihad cabin crew would be appreciated!!!

Here's the article by the way...

GAZETA.KZ ::> Etihad targets seven million passengers in 2009 (http://eng.gazeta.kz/art.asp?aid=131502)

jan brady
12th May 2009, 11:08
Just be patient everyone....the airlines will train approx. 200 crew per heavy jet...so you will most likely all go through as the new aircraft arrive. You will learn to love Abu Dhabi...its a great place to live....

racheldebuitleir
12th May 2009, 13:05
Hi guys,

Can any current EY crew tell us much about the annual leave policy? I know that its 30 days per year. Are you meant to bid for it all at once for your year or can you take bits and pieces as you go along? Is it often tough to get the leave you want? Is leave granted with preference to more senior crew? If you book leave, is it possible that when it comes to it, that you might have days off fall on your leave anyway..and then do you get those leave days back? Is there a system in place for getting your days off attached to your leave, maybe one day on either end for example. Because obviously with short haul and a set roster pattern you could for example just book 5 days leave and get 10 days to go away because of your days off either side you know? whereas i guess that you might book ten days leave and your days off might happen to fall attached and then you have 13 days and you didnt really need to use all ten you know?Im just wondering basically is it impossible to make maximum use of your leave in a random roster situation?

Also, I read in old forums that Etihad dont support crew in situations where pax are abusive towards staff. I thought it couldnt be true. Is this true nowadays, or old policy or just a lie? I would hate to think that you are expected to take verbal abuse from passengers with a smile and that you cant politely and professionally inform them that abuse of staff is not tolerated and that offloading or else being met by police on arrival is what happens to passengers who continue to disrespect the crew or a/c for example? If crew are not allowed to take control of their cabin, surely thats a safety issue...passengers of course are to be treated very well but when it comes to disrespecting crew and thinking they can do and say as they like onboard...in my eyes thats a no no. If they dont respect crew or the crews authority, how are crew supposed to ensure pax comply with air regualtions etc and how are they expected to control crazy situations when passengers dont take them seriously?

Any input?
Thanks,
Rachel.

mellymoo
12th May 2009, 15:17
Dear Rachel,

I can only go on what my old Airlines policy was in the UAE.

Leave is on a seniority position. Only every 4 years could you put in for Xmas or New Year. You could only have one or the other, so it was fair for all crew.

Normally, you could bid for days off prior or after you leave days max 2-3days. So crew would normally bid for a long haul flight, have the days off to extend their leave and then bid for a long haul flight after there leave to extend it, if that makes sense e.g 11 day trip had to have 2 days off before, then leave, then 2 days before on 11 day trip.

However, this can change if you dont get your bids and you normally only need 12 hrs after your leave to fly again.

You could put your bid in and then, always see if someone would swap with you.

As for abuse from paxs.

All airlines in the Mid East, have a policy that crew are there primarily for safety. No abuse of any form is tolerated by the Airlines. You write something called a VR (voyage report) that gets sent to the CCMs, and they will follow up. Fights and things do happen, restraint devices are used in the Airlines and the police and security in Mid East countries are great. They are very understanding. Statements are taken by the police in case of prosecuting.

The Airlines in the Mid East are very conscientious of their staff in respect to any safety issue. However, tolerance of crew being rude or verbally explicit or threatning they will not accept.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

racheldebuitleir
12th May 2009, 16:32
Thanks, for that! Great answer :)

jcelinap
13th May 2009, 10:49
Hi guys!!!! i have some notices...letīs see I assited to te Assessment of Barcelona on February and Iīm waiting too or some Etihadīs notices but today a friend that assist with me to the same assessment told me that yesterday she received a phone call form Etihad telling her that they need people who speak arabic and asking her that if she would be able to start on the next month...sheīs not going to go due to personal problems but they also told she that they need one arabic speaker for evry batch and that the next batch will be on october..maybe weīll start receiving phone calls...or maybe theyīre just calling the most interesting people for them... Is this a good notice or a bad one??? I mean 8 guys and me were selected on the assessment and they have just called one... what about us? have they forgotten about the rest f the group???

:confused::confused::confused:

fingers xd
13th May 2009, 12:35
I think its a good sign! It means they are getting organised atleast. So your friend was offered a place on a course in June?? Then they said training will start again n October? Thats a bit wierd! Theyve got new routes starting in June so maybe they are just looking for a few people to start early.

Keep us up dated if you hear anymore gossip tehe

DRM0571
14th May 2009, 13:57
How long after the aplication goes under review they would let you know if your shortlisted? whats the normal time frame if anybody knows ;) thanks

EYner
15th May 2009, 15:12
I am currently working for Etihad, and I had some incidents when the pax was offloaded just because he didn t want to fasten his seabelt and didn t wanna listen to the crew, so he was even escorted by the police. If a pax insults or abuses of the crew the company would never tolerate this behavior, you never get blamed for semething unless if you do something wrong, Misunderstandings happen, and some few incidents based on misjudgements could be happening as well, but hey we are in the middle east no UIONS !

racheldebuitleir
17th May 2009, 14:44
I think with everyone it is different. Depends on whether there is an assessment coming up that they may invite you to or not i guess. because I applied in august last year. The application status never changed to under review at all. There were assessments regularly coming up in the UK that I would have gone to but none in my country (ireland). As soon as there was one scheduled for Ireland I was then shortlisted ( 6 months after first applying). Then I waited more, until about two weeks before the assessment to get an invite. Some people have been saying in this forum that they went to an assessment months ago and are still waiting to hear back from Etihad, whereas I got the happy email one week after interview. I think it really varies from person to person, perhaps different people within the recruitment department work differently too and maybe some are quicker than others..dunno. You just gotta hang on in there and wait to see what happens.

alkyd
17th May 2009, 21:18
As Rachel said it varies. My personal experience was getting an invitation after 6 months when I already lost all hopes.

Skywards
17th May 2009, 22:24
racheldebuitleir Some people have been saying in this forum that they went to an assessment months ago and are still waiting to hear back from Etihad, whereas I got the happy email one week after interview.

I think most of us on the forum have received the happy to inform email. That usually wouldn't take more than 2 weeks tops. We are waiting for start dates as training sessions are on hold.

Dyanara
18th May 2009, 11:12
I participated at the assessment day on 24th of January and after we were selected the waiting of the happy mail was very long. Some of us received the "happy to inform you" very soon but the other ones received nothing so we had to call to Etihad and ask what happend (till the end of March we had no answer). They told us that the happy mails were sent and they have no explanation for not reaching to us. So they remanded the mail to the ones who didn't received it.
I suggest you to call them if a long time pass since you were at the assesment and have no news.

Good luck for everybody and hope we'll get soon in Abu Dhabi!!!!

gacmaska
20th May 2009, 15:05
Does anybody know why the 'Update Application' function is unavailable at ETIHAD Airways (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/) ?

Cheers

Gacmaska

danni14
20th May 2009, 18:30
Hi Gacmaska,

I don't know why its not working as I have just been on and it worked ok for me

Maybe it depends where you are in the recruitment process. I mean, have you been for an assessment day recently and not made it through to the end? Maybe its because people have to wait 6 months before applying again, so the system might not let you update for 6 months.

I don't know if this is why and I don't know your situation but it was just a thought.

Hope you get it sorted though x

gacmaska
20th May 2009, 21:55
I havent applied yet...
I am pretty good with computers but I dont know what happened :)))

So...

I am logging IN...
There are VIEW APPLICATION and WITHDRAW APP.

No UPDATE xmmm ...

Cheers

gacmaska
20th May 2009, 22:12
I have applied in February this year but I was able to UPDATE my account 10 days ago...
I dont know what happened know...

Cheers

Hed0n
26th May 2009, 10:21
Further to your application for the position of Cabin Crew with Etihad Airways, I am writing to inform you that we have now met our current recruitment requirements.

This means that unfortunately we will not be taking your application further.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this causes and thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways.

I wish you every success in all your future endeavors.

Kind Regards,

HR Officer

Etihad Airways

This is it for me guys. Good Luck to you all!

iio78
26th May 2009, 10:24
hello boys and girls the one still waiting for doj from ey forget about it cause we just received the rejected email from the company have a nice day if u still can sorry about it

danni14
26th May 2009, 12:45
iio78

Sorry to hear that. When was your AD? I was on the london AD and I haven't heard anything.

Dyanara
26th May 2009, 13:31
Our AD was on 24th of January. Some of us received the same mail as hed0n and the other ones are waiting to receive it. We were rejected after such long time because they're looking for peoples that speaks arabic,turkish languages.... They changed their recruitment requirements.... ;((((

fingers xd
26th May 2009, 13:41
Such a shame after all this time!

Has anyone from any other assessment days heard anything? Maybe they are doing it in date order. 24th Jan must be one of the first to be in holding pool.

Im sorry to hear people are getting this bad news after we have been soo excited for soo long!

My assessment day was in March I will let you know if I hear anything.

Good luck everyone
x

barrett1987
26th May 2009, 13:46
Whoa, am i reading this right?

You had a happy to inform you email...then months later you were told you were rejected??????

That's scarying me. Please clarify.

I'm reading it like, you went on the 24th jan, got through, got the happy to inform, with the idea you start in sept/oct...then just now you get an email saying sorry no luck.

or

you went on the 24th, and didnt hear anything then after chasing them up you got the sorry no ty email from them and infact didnt get the happy to inform you email?

Please clarify. Scared

iio78
26th May 2009, 14:03
yes guys if u r not one of the language speakers for arabic or for the new destinations i think everybody will get the same email sooner or later

iio78
26th May 2009, 14:07
yes we even called to see if our security clearence is ok and everything was and now today we got the email above. i called today their office and i got the answer that the planes are not to be delivered

fingers xd
26th May 2009, 14:10
How do you know about the Arabic and Turkish speakers?

Danni14
When was your assessment day? Have you spoken to anyone else from that day to see if they have heard?

barrett1987
26th May 2009, 14:16
That was my next theory, that you had lost out due to security clearance...

Bugger this isn't looking good. I shall ring them tomorrow when they open and see how the ground lies. Who knows maybe its not a complete withdrawal of the holding pool.

bugger bugger bugger.

janneha
26th May 2009, 14:24
I have just received the email guys. It's over!

Further to your application for the position of Cabin Crew with Etihad Airways, I am writing to inform you that we have now met our current recruitment requirements.

This means that unfortunately we will not be taking your application further.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this causes and thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways.

I wish you every success in all your future endeavors.

Kind Regards,

fingers xd
26th May 2009, 14:27
Janneha

When was your assessment day?

Danni14
Mine was 15th March.

This is bad!!

janneha
26th May 2009, 14:32
i have never been so disappointed in my life. My assessment day was feb 16th in london.

iio78
26th May 2009, 14:32
the guy told me about the planes and for the language speakers i know from a friend working for ey hmmm so london is down as well

fingers xd
26th May 2009, 14:46
Danni by the sounds of it no news is good news! I will keep my fingers xd for us all :bored:

barrett1987
26th May 2009, 14:55
My heart goes out for those who got snipped at such a late state.

The only hope the rest of us have is that this culling is only a few and not the entire batches. Just taking the premium of each AD. As harsh as that sounds. Its the only chance i've got.

I'll be ringing in tomorrow to speak to my AD leader, she's always been nice to me so here's hoping she can offer some insight.

Which i will of course pass on to the boards.

janneha
26th May 2009, 15:51
I got the email this morning around 7 am if that helps. and danni i don't understand either. Got the email from a guy called ryan torres.

No we might contact you in the future. Nothing! Am still in a state of shock. Maybe they are cherry picking at this time so pray you dont get the dreadful email.

Jeremys_mleu
26th May 2009, 19:40
Hi guys,

Just visit after my long leave from this forum - i think it was because i was droped out in the AD :).

So sory to read the new sort of the dissappointment. Lets keep the hands together so that all will be ok for the rest. I am soon back to deal with the office works again - better pot though.

But Why was this not taken in to an account during the AD, can that be the reason why the later ADs were so unpredictable and unorganised - still unplanned/unprofessional? Well, may be i should not comment much, but i am trying to keep myself in Janneha et al's position.

Lets look forward for the next opening - may be when Etihad Economy recovers they will call again all rejected ones, asking for the possibilities to rejoin.

I think the 21 century shouldn have such Drama people ic! - Sorry all once again, keep positive for the other places as well.

Cheers

Skywards
27th May 2009, 00:33
I went to the Sydney day, and haven't got the withdrawal email yet. If you guys from earlier assesments have received it though, then I am pretty certain we will-it's just a matter of time. After the Emirates experience I wasn't getting my hopes up, so I am not too shocked by it all. But I do feel for you guys going through it for the first time. So I guess fingers crossed, but if they aren't getting planes then I guess they just won't need us so it doesn't look good...

barrett1987
27th May 2009, 06:11
No news IS good news in this case.

They have over recruited now that some planes are going to be delayed further. So next few days you will either get a message saying you are cut or you won't.

Also, do not be suprised if start date is November.

Skywards
27th May 2009, 06:52
Did you speak with them Barrett? Is that what they said, they will still take some of us? Did they indicate who they were interested in? So many questions! That would be great for some of us! Fingers crossed!

I might ask my friend who works with Etihad, see if there are any rumours from her end....

barrett1987
27th May 2009, 15:19
Yes, my info is from head of HR recruitment. An English gent.

The way i understand it is, they recruited 500* but now planes arent comming the pool needs to be reduced to 300*

No new is good news

*Numbers are fictional and just to show form.

ezygaby77
27th May 2009, 22:32
I am sooooo soooo sorry Janneha!
Iīm shocked now. I donīt know what to say!

bobo_elg
28th May 2009, 06:08
guys forget about Etihad and try qatar airways, hurry up before they cancel their recuritment campaignes too

KEFREN82
28th May 2009, 12:00
Bobo...
why forget Etihad? Just wait and see... I tryed Qatar assessment day before Etihad, but as far as I can say, in Doha there is no a real life, just rules and fear to be fired just few time after.

And, if you read all about Qatar... it doesn't seem so worderful working for them.

I just keep hoping in Etihad.

Bye

mellymoo
28th May 2009, 17:38
Geez,

This is weird and shocking, i was 16th Feb nothing from them yet for me??!!

Economic crisis yes methinks!! What now I wonder??!!

So sorry Janneha I cant cant believe this!!

cragle
28th May 2009, 19:02
glad to hear to didnt get one either melly moo x

pistoleros99
28th May 2009, 19:22
Take it easy guys. It seems that the economic crisis is showing recovery. I believe that in 3 months they will start again with their recruitment process. Stay in touch with the HR officers.

wajdute
28th May 2009, 23:27
oh Dear got, that is bad!!! sorry for all touse who got the letter! and fingers crossed we will not get one. I was 28th January, as far as I know none of us 11 got rejection letters yet!!!!

alkyd
29th May 2009, 06:20
I just checked Etihad website for job vacancies and they list Cabin Crew there as well, so I have no idea why some of you guys have received the rejection letter :\.

michaelflynn61
30th May 2009, 12:22
I wouldnt take the website as Gospel. Sometimes it can take a little while to update. So if they have realised they dont need quite as many they may not yet have updated the website.

lauralou
30th May 2009, 16:04
I attended the assessment day in London in May. I received an e-mail this week asking for letters from my employer to prove that I am cabin crew. I hope they are still interested in me.

Sorry to hear about those who got a thanks but no thanks e-mail.

whisky777
31st May 2009, 07:54
At the moment, they are overcrewed, so the last thing I heard was that they were only recruiting small numbers of staff from certain areas of the world... and no training till maybe september. The trainers all went back flying again, due to not being needed and as there is an excess of staff, the rostas now include a lot of standbys/availables which generally turn into off days, not much work!!!... and as pay is based on work days, not much money in the pay packet... I had to leave as it was just not financially viable for me to stay...

A little advice to all those who are thinking of joining the company - really do think about it and find out as much as you can. For me, it was a huge career mistake (very experienced crew member, goes to abu dhabi for promised promotion and then on training is told going to be junior crew as structures have changed) and its left me in debt as I've had to wait 6 awful months (bond) to get out!
Things are very different to what you get told in the interview, so please research - to be honest I never met so many unhappy crew in all my flying career. The staff turnover is very high, unsurprisingly, which is why they always seem to be recruiting, some just run away, some wait for the 6 months bond to be up (or you have to pay back for training/accomodation etc) others wait to leave as they have no other work in their home country. To be honest, if you've never flown before, not lived away from home etc, sure, you'll be fine and you may actually enjoy it! And its flying experience for the CV... However, from my and fellow colleagues experience, if you are over 30, having all your freedom taken away and being spoken to constantly like children, was just a bit too much. If you've flown before, you will find the briefings horrific, the teamwork non existent, the safety questionable and probably wonder why you ever went there. If you have any committments, again think about it, its very difficult to deal with things happening at home when you are stuck in the desert!
Other things I wish I'd known? Most flights are nightflights, so get used to working all night, sleeping all day... Rosta didn't change much, LHR, FRA, MUC, every month...definetly not 5 star airline ( nearer 2 star based on quality and service) and passenger profile - unexpected and interesting!

The good thing thats come out of it, is that I've made some good friends from different corners of the world and they are what get you through.

So, if you need the flying experience or just need a job - go for it and try your best, theres nothing to lose! If you are experienced crew and a bit older, please really think about it... try and speak to crew already there.

Wishing you all well in your future careers!

want_to_fly
31st May 2009, 09:26
thanks for the info whisky! certainly some good insights and advice there. But like you said, go for it if it is a dream to fulfill. And it is a dream I want to fulfill to become a cabin crew. I failed through the first round with Etihad but made it to the last round of the interview with Emirates. Unfortunately I didn't land a job with them either. I guess with all these terrible things going on like the recession which made some applicants unsuccessful with the job, I consider myself lucky I didn't make it through to the medical stage or being left to wait for months to find out whats going on. Cos right now I have a job I love and will use it as a tool to make my resume look better for my next try with the airlines.

All I can do now is to wait... But all those who r waiting for the good news pray hard! You guys will get it :D

All the best :ok:

Boomerang_Butt
31st May 2009, 17:30
Are you talking about Etihad? Or QR... as far as I was aware, EY don't bond their staff...?

whisky777
31st May 2009, 18:03
No its etihad - basically, if you leave within the first 6 months ( not 28 days but calendar) then you do have to pay back your costs for training and accomodation, pro rata - I know that as thats why I had to wait for the 6/7 months probationary period to end.... I have no idea what qatar bond for... but its good to be informed!

racheldebuitleir
31st May 2009, 21:32
This sounds so bad. I'm already redundant from my last airline and the middle east seemed the only hope for flying work. Cant even get a normal job at home either. ****e! Well Im glad i read this so that I wont be too shocked if the rejection email comes shortly :( Heres hoping I never see it! :/

shiro
2nd Jun 2009, 19:48
for females/males, do they accept people with a mole on their face?
or skin complexion have to be clear?
any idea?

KEFREN82
2nd Jun 2009, 20:16
please Sora! take it off! you are writing everywhere in every aviation site if a mole is a problem for Etihad... just take it off and do not think of it!
You know, a big mole on face is not so beautiful, you do it for yourself too! You seem to have a big problem for that mole... so, just cancel it!!!

want_to_fly
3rd Jun 2009, 02:40
hey guys!

im a regular flyer with Etihad Airways, and what I've realised years ago is starting to bug me again. I have noticed that in a crew there are more females than males, so it made me think what my chances are being a male and landing my job with Etihad?

My parents just got back from their holidays and they flew with Etihad, and they said in a whole crew there's only 1 male, the othere males were the co-pilots.

What do you guys think?

KEFREN82
3rd Jun 2009, 07:17
Hi,
I really don't think that being male is a problem. When I went to the assessment day I thought the same of you, as people around say that Etihad prefers girls.
But I saw by myself that it is untrue. On my assessment day we were 40, more men than women and we received the happy to inform e-mail more boys than girls.

So they are just looking for good flight attendant, not more. bye!

Jeremys_mleu
4th Jun 2009, 17:34
Its true that EY has few Male FAs. As ofcourse all airlines worldwide. Unless the airline requires only men:)

The reason can be due to the fact that the nature of the job requires a lot of tenderness and all those feminine qualities, whereby for many males, that may sound and be difficult - Also in many cases male do not go to that profession due to the stereotypes behind it: But i just do not see the reason, if one can do, then why not - stereotypes can just be and one can enjoy what one wanna do.

Mole.
I think it depends on how big it is. if it is just a small one and positioned in a nice area on your face - that should not be a prob - it in many cases act as a beauty spot :)

Well - my answers are as if i am working there already [or even waiting for November or Drop note] - but i just know these things from my life experiences

Good luck al Etihadas

JJ'my

elisa4
5th Jun 2009, 07:01
For sure EY takes male crew! Of course in a lower percentage than female...

Yes, what Whiskey says is understandable: people who came here with previous experience have been seriously f *cked...

as for me: I was nt flying before, so for me its been great so far : )

good luck!

ziadhimself
7th Jun 2009, 06:04
I've been flying with EY for 1 year and a half..no previous flying experience..I am enjoying myself..well paid..well accomodated..well treated.
Advantages and dissadvantages could be found in any Job in the world
People tend to complain..I've never heard anybody satisfied..But I guess people like to release their stress through complaining..
I believe lot of our crew are satisfied..and those who complain are the ones who never leave EY...smart!
-FA'S: if ure a language speaker (Arabic), then youre getting a full roster nowadays, otherwise, u have lots of day off.
-Training is suspended for an unknown date.
-A new service called "inspired service" will be introduced in the coral economy class
For previous experienced crew i say: EY's challenge is huge, it's growing very fast so far, Time will come to adjust the whole system. Lots of changings are takin place..Things will go better and better..
-We have launched new destinations recently and many others will be.soon..
They need a lot of crew..27000 staff by 2020...They are adjusting everything at the moment..
For cabin crew wannabees...keep trying..never lose hope.. It's a great opportunity..

want_to_fly
7th Jun 2009, 11:30
that's the sort of comment and msgs I need to read from this forum :ok: it keeps me motivated and to never give up my dreams! thx ziadhimself!! :D

Kseny
8th Jun 2009, 15:05
Ladyes and Gentelmens welcome on board bla bla bla....

Ok babyes, i didnt read the forum recently, but seems nothing really changed form january. Everyone is waiting, someone leaving, someone coming, loosing hope, sleep, appetite, hair, nerves, lovers....

But im sure everyone deeply wants to fly here...
So if etihad doesnt want us and we dont want etihad (cause i believe in whisky words its not a paradise there its a jail) shall we make our own company>???????????

Stylish name, own rules, base in the centre of europe?

elisa4
8th Jun 2009, 16:41
for all those waiting: NO EY is not a jail @ all, for new joiners it is a great opportunity, read Ziads post carefully!

just be patient, even for us already in the company a lot of things change, and some people barely fly these days...

and EY is actually doing much better then some other major airlines in the region here : s

good luck if u want to be based in europe... in a matter of years all european airlines might be merged to 1 big airline : )

flinth
9th Jun 2009, 00:45
did they have an office or cabincrew vacancies here in the philippines?
or it's only in middle east?:confused:

ETIHADBRU
9th Jun 2009, 05:12
What happens if you just missed the recruters? do they come back? and i heard that they are at a freeze with the cabin crew recruitment? :sad: i sent my application end of march but i have not had any reply is this normal.http://static.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon9.gif

1.000.000.000 of thanks

cedric

bebek22
9th Jun 2009, 12:28
I have a problem with internet application for cabin crew position. I mean there is an assesment schedule and I wanna aplly but I do know how :confused: I have made a registration but I have no idea how to apply:confused: Pls HELP

bebek22
10th Jun 2009, 09:19
Nobody knows???

Dyanara
10th Jun 2009, 09:49
Click on "Current Vacancies" (ETIHAD Airways | Current Vacancies (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobListing.aspx?did=2)) and then on " Cabin Crew" ( down in the right side of the page you have ' apply now').
It's OK like that?

Good luck!!! :)

fingers xd
10th Jun 2009, 11:02
Have you entered your details on the recruitment page? Once you have filled out the application form they will tell you if you have been sortlisted then invite you to the recruitment day nearest to you.

Good Luck

raica
11th Jun 2009, 09:31
Does anyone know how they are testing our swimming in Abu Dhabi? In open water or in pool and how this testing looks like??

Skywards
14th Jun 2009, 11:44
Hi guys,

Fantastic news....just had a call from Etihad and they have sent through employment offer etc and its time to get my medicals done! They asked if I want to start on the 23rd of August or the 6th of September, and I went with the 6th of September (I don't really know why it just sounded right to me). So training is definitely going ahead!! Just today I was complaining to my mum saying I need to do something different and exciting and that I was sick of my job and all of a sudden they call, when I had pretty much put out of my mind completely and it was completely unexpected!!

FYI I went to the Sydney open day at the beginning of March, so I don't know what order things are happening in, but it is definitely happening!!

Keep your heads up people.....you will definitely be hearing from them!!

WOOHOO!!

barrett1987
14th Jun 2009, 12:13
can confirm a fellow from the march melbourne interviews has also recieved a call.

So it's all happening it seems!

raica
14th Jun 2009, 12:37
i also had the call from the etihad,my date is 23 august :) so lucky!!!

MCarolina
14th Jun 2009, 12:39
Does anyone have their HR email or phone number? I am also in the waiting pool but no contact has been made.
Many tks and good luck to you all.

flying_vicky
14th Jun 2009, 12:57
oh~!! it's good news~!!! :ok: wow~ congratulations & envy you who got the phone call from EY~:D

anyway, does anybody get an invitation for IST AD on 24th-June??
If so...can you please tell me about your nationality?
Cuz, I'm not Turkish but really wanna get an invitation for that day...:ugh:
I'm waiting for the answer but stilll nothing happened. :{

barrett1987
14th Jun 2009, 13:05
did anyone get the call on friday? or was it all on sunday?

I had 3 missed calls on my mobile on friday...starting to wonder now....

raica
14th Jun 2009, 13:14
i got the call today

elisa4
14th Jun 2009, 17:35
@ Vicky: getting an invitation for an interview, has got nothing to do with the fact if you are coming from another country to attend or not and has nothing to do with nationality either...

They send you an invitation based on your CV/pix

I am European and did the interview in Abu Dhabi... and it was a mix of all nationalities, you can apply wherever you want...

@ Barrett: as you might know, Friday is first day of the weekend here, so am not sure HR would make calls then, but you never know : )

and yes: things are definately starting to move: in 2 weeks we introduce cabin senior, so promotions will continue, so they will need new crew

busygirl
14th Jun 2009, 21:57
This is great guys! There is some movement overthere:ok:

Congratulations for those who already had their phone call!

Letīs see when the ones from the 16th of feb (LHR AD) are getting their (most wanted) answers?

Good luck to everyone!!!

Skywards
15th Jun 2009, 00:38
Barrett they don't call on a private number so if your missed calls were from a +971.... then it may have been them.

Another friend from Sydney is going to training on 23rd July, so they are starting training earlier than expected.

Hope you guys hear soon!:ok:

cragle
15th Jun 2009, 01:20
fingers crossed i hear something this week x

fingers xd
15th Jun 2009, 06:11
Raica when and where was your assessment day?

So far is it just SYD and MEL that have been called?

I didnt have my education certs with me at the assessment day so I am probably a bit behind with the security check. Think I will be spending the next few days checking my phone haha.

Well done to everyone that has got the call so far! Hope to see you in AUH soon! :D

Dyanara
15th Jun 2009, 06:18
Hello,
Congratulations to the ones who got the call. Does anyone have a phone number from HR? There are some of us who had the interview in January and I want to know what's happening.
Thanks!!!

fingers xd
15th Jun 2009, 06:31
The only number I have is 00971 2 5111719.

Let us know what they say. Good luck

raica
15th Jun 2009, 06:34
i had my assessment day in January in Estonia

Dyanara
15th Jun 2009, 07:12
Nobody answers me . I'll keep trying to call maybe someone will answer.
Thanks anyway!

fingers xd
15th Jun 2009, 07:18
Try the operator 00971 2 5111 613 they should answer

KEFREN82
15th Jun 2009, 12:39
No other news guys???
I haven't received the call yet... I am vey excited, i would love to hear from them!!! tell us if you know something new... I was on the assessment on 14th february in Milan

racheldebuitleir
15th Jun 2009, 15:58
I know that two girls from the DUB 6th may AD have been asked to start in August so it seems theres no real pattern in terms of people who were assessed first being called first or anything like that. i guess the rest of us in the pool just remain patient :)

lovelysmile
15th Jun 2009, 16:05
Really? I was going to ask today on this forum if anyone from april or may ad has heard anything yet...but i thought that was too early :)...i just hope this means we are all going eventually!

racheldebuitleir
15th Jun 2009, 16:55
Im wondering are there any EY crew that could tell us which routes are just turnarounds. I have a rough idea from the distances which ones might be turnarounds but I guess maybe even some short routes might mean a nightstop anyway if for example you did 3 short sectors or something? Just trying to figure out which places I might get to visit and which I wont :)
Are there any trips that you would rarely get and are there certain ones that everyone is always getting and are sick of? :/ Can you bid for trips you want and is it unlikely or likely that you can get them? Thanks a mill!

elisa4
15th Jun 2009, 18:44
turnarounds: all the Gulf and Middle East countries, India, Pakistan; we have 4 sector trips, but they dont have layover anymore...only Bangladesh is a 24h layover

Russia, Nepal, Kazachstan, Greece, Turkey (all around 4,5 hours or more away) are turnarounds...

yes u can request 1 flight every month or 4 days OFF.

flights which are not always easy to get: Milan (67 hours layover), Geneva (90 something h layover), Singapore-Brisbane (9 days block in the roster)

Some people with EU passport get a lot of Munich and Frankfurt (due to visa regulations), but this is mostly the case for Arabic speakers...

wheter u get your requested flight or not, depends... in more then 1 year I received virtually all my requests, some crew have a different story..

racheldebuitleir
15th Jun 2009, 19:31
Thanks for your response! :) Shame the network and range of layovers isnt quite as exciting as Emirates but I reckon Etihad is a nicer place to be and I suppose sure its only young and will add more routes in time.

elisa4
16th Jun 2009, 07:34
yeah it is personal of course, but I definately prefer EY and Abu Dhabi... don t worry, you gonna love it : )

barrett1987
16th Jun 2009, 11:01
Has anyone who recieved the DoJ call checked there Etihad website status? A whole bunch, including me has ''unsuccessful'' on there status, yet when ringing to enquire what's up are told they are fine and just need to wait for a spot?

So my question, those who got a call for a doj, are they also with an unsuccessful on the etihad website too?

racheldebuitleir
16th Jun 2009, 11:11
thats a scary little thing to see isnt it! But at least they say its fine so maybe its a technical glitch. I'm a waiter ( and by waiter I mean waiting in the pool not waiting on tables in a restaurant :)) and I have no status at all.

Edforce1
16th Jun 2009, 18:52
Hi !!

Can somebody please give me an email ID for contacting HR?
I had applied for a Senior Sales Officer vacancy based out of AUH (around 25 days back).

ps - I'm sorry if I've posted on a Cabin Crew thread !!

Many thanks.

Edforce1

Skywards
16th Jun 2009, 23:27
I checked my status on the website (although I haven't been to that website in ages so I wasn't sure where to look). If it's the part on the first page after logon that has "Application:" then mine is just blank (I'm starting training in Sept). So maybe don't pay too much attention to it! If I'm looking in the wrong place let me know and Ill check again for you.

There is definitely other Sydney people waiting so I guess it's just a matter of time. Fingers crossed for you!

Andrea2009
17th Jun 2009, 03:23
HelloYuja13 . Me too I was in Toronto 6th of Jan Ass-t Day and Im still waititg. Before all of us were chatting in Facebook, now its quiet. To tell the truth Im getting tired of waititng and Im not as exited as 5 month ago. I feel like Im waisting my time waiting instead of looking for a REAL job.

julia82
17th Jun 2009, 09:22
Does anyone know when is the best time to contcact HR? I've been trying to call them since monday and nobody answers! Is it possible? I call them from 8 am till 12 europeoan time-and still nthg.. Any suggestions?

cazzycazz
17th Jun 2009, 09:39
Mine turned 'unsuccessful' after 2 weeks i applied, i broke my heart! I thought i was not being chosen :{ If that is the case, i guess i still stand a chance :)

cragle
17th Jun 2009, 10:00
i phoned hr yesterday and they told me to wait :(

lovelysmile
17th Jun 2009, 10:18
and that is true for all of us who have not been contacted yet...but it is better late than never!

racheldebuitleir
17th Jun 2009, 12:05
yeh I dont think its a good idea at all to be phoning/emailing and nagging them. Just think of the amount of us that are waiting and the amount of calls they must be getting asking the same question. They probably deliberately wont answer anymore! If they have news to tell us they will call us....so just hang on in there.

KEFREN82
17th Jun 2009, 12:24
Yes mates, but, wait what and when?
I mean, it is wonderful that they are calling, but, why calling march and may assessments' day people when there is people waiting from january and february?
they should call people in order of assessment day i suppose.... it's not fair that people with assessment day in may can go there just after 2 months while we have been waiting for 6 or 7...

racheldebuitleir
17th Jun 2009, 12:50
I understand it is frustrating... but think about it! They must have good reasons for calling particular people in the order that they have done or else they obviously would just go down along the list. It might have something to do with peoples availability, their security clearance, and even their nationality, race and religion in terms of accomodating people in crew apartments. AND i think it is important to point out that just because someone may have been assessed earlier than someone else does NOT mean they have been waiting longer BECAUSE I myself was only assessed in MAY 09 BUT I have been waiting longer than plenty other people who were assessed in MAY, FEB, JAN etc because I applied back in summer of LAST YEAR but had to wait for an IRISH assessment centre to come up. See what I mean? Like there were people assessed with me who only appled days before the assessment. So I have been waiting almost a year!and still have patience...so to those who are waiting a few months....just keep waiting. If its gona happen its gona happen...and if not then its not meant to be. Dont think about it all too much. Thinking and getting anxious wont make your turn come any quicker. You cant do anything about it in all fairness.

and I reckon things will be clearer after the Istanbul and Athens AD's coming up. PERHAPS they ones who havent heard anything yet are still in a MAYBE pool, and they might be waiting to see who they find on the last two assessments before making all the final plans in terms of who is coming and when exactly. So there might be lots more calls going out in say the first week of July.

vertigowerty
18th Jun 2009, 15:27
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can answer a few qs as I have an ad with ey coming up... Do they have a bidding system? ie can you request flights or days off? additionaly, can you have a married roster with a friend of yours?

Thanks guys, happy flying

Nickvan
18th Jun 2009, 15:45
:ok:Hey guys,

This should give you guys a picture on when the Aircrafts will be arriving this year 2009 -

May - one Airbus A320-200

August - one Airbus A340-600

September - one Airbus A340-600

October - one Airbus A320-200

November -one Airbus A320-200

December - one Airbus A320-200,

-one Airbus A330-300 and

-one Boeing 77W

With the winter Schedule in October, increase of frequenices and demand. With these new a/c, training of crew will be done etc etc. Hang in there guys.

By end of '09 EY will serve 56 destinations. Also the introduction of our new CZ Economy service. Major revamp, and world first with many of the things introduced in Economy. Wait and see.....top notch :ok:

barrett1987
19th Jun 2009, 07:40
I am still waiting for a call too. I'll give it another week before i ring direct to the department that handles security/medicals

Unsuccessful on the website was all a big mistake. No worries there.

Just have to sit tight, telling yourself that there is only one more week towait left and to keep the phone by you. IF you still haven't got a call by next friday, PLEASE write it on here that you are lacking. THEN contact them to confirm your contact details (I had a email problem at the start due to a typo!)

That's my plans anyway

want_to_fly
21st Jun 2009, 06:59
hey guys! i've just recently logged onto the etihad careers webpage and it seems I can't update any of my application! I need to update my address and current work information but I can't seem to find the button for it! do any of you guys have the same problem as well? :ooh:

yucyme
21st Jun 2009, 23:58
please guys, let me know if i should be worried about the "unsuccessful" staus on my etihad website application. i was assesed in new york in feb 2009 and have received all confirmations that i passed, i was just waiting for the next training date like all of you.
i know some of you are in the same situation, has anyone called to ask about it?
I will give it another day, but after that, nerves will get the best of me.
Any reply is appreciated.
And no, I cannot update my application.
Thanks all

barrett1987
22nd Jun 2009, 00:23
Unsuccessful on the website was all a big mistake.
Unsuccessful on the website was all a big mistake.

:=:=:=

prognosis
23rd Jun 2009, 11:51
Hi Guys, just wondering if those of you who got a phone call so far and were offered a joining date, have you received the email with the details for the medical yet? For those who are still waiting, hang in there! I'm sure it'll be any moment now :ok:

Nathalie_V
23rd Jun 2009, 12:44
Hi everybody! Hope someone can help me...
Last year in Januari i send my application for cabin crew member, i got a call in March or April, due of the fact that i wasn't able to leave my employer, i couldn't leave my job before the ending of my contract, so i said to the lady on the phone. Stupid i realise now.
I am working somewhere else now because i couldn't re-apply for the job for 6 months after the first application. Now the first time i applied is over 1.5 years ago and i still can't re-apply on the site.

Any ideas? I've already send an e-mail to careers but i don't get a reply.

Thanks!!!!

racheldebuitleir
23rd Jun 2009, 15:19
im not sure if its the same with Ey but with EK you have to wait 6 months from assessment/interview day to re-apply IF you are unsuccessful on the day and if you make it to the interview you have to wait one year from interview. SO has it been one year from interview? maybe its just the computer system and maybe you can cancel your current account and create a new one? BUT I dont think theres very much point at the moment since there are no more assessments planned this year after tomorrows one. Maybe just wait until assessments are happening again and apply then.

Nathalie_V
23rd Jun 2009, 17:32
I turned the invitation down when they called me for an assessment day. And that's over a year ago. I can't withdraw my profile from the career site, can't seem to find a button for that. Guess i'll have to wait for an answer on my e-mail, at least then i'll now if i can re-apply or not.
Does the fact that there are no more assessment days after the 24th mean that they stop recruiting for this year? Don't know much about the procedures.

busygirl
23rd Jun 2009, 17:50
Lovelysmile, my AD was in feb at LHR, and no phone call yet:{
I know about 3 other girls who didnīt received it either.

Fingers crossed for all of us!!

racheldebuitleir
23rd Jun 2009, 17:50
it would seem that way Nathalie-V. They apparently already over recruited and had to cut the holding pool down so I dont think there will be more recruitment this year. But things change quickly in aviation so you wouldnt know! Maybe give them a call regarding your online application and try to get a new application in...so that when recruiting starts again, you will be contacted.

irishbecky
23rd Jun 2009, 18:15
For those of you who have been successful but seem to be waiting longer than others for your start date I have heard that this is because they are taking applicants with languages on the earlier courses.....don't know if it's correct? Just trying to throw some light on it for you. To be honest if you're really in doubt you should call H.R. they are the only ones who really know the answers.

Emma Gemma
23rd Jun 2009, 18:19
Irishbecky is correct. A friend of mine in HR has said they are giving priority to people with additional language skills and particulary to those who speak Arabic!

Nathalie_V
23rd Jun 2009, 20:19
Many thanks for the info Rachel! Been very helpfull!

racheldebuitleir
23rd Jun 2009, 20:28
emma gemma, has your friend in HR said anything about when those who dont have languages might be contacted and when might their start dates be?

raica
23rd Jun 2009, 20:39
The language cant be the only reason, beacause i received the call but i speak only english...no other language....so no idea how they pick people...:confused:

Edforce1
23rd Jun 2009, 21:34
This is a request for HR's email id and phone nos ! (again!!!)

Many Thanks.

Edforce1

prognosis
23rd Jun 2009, 22:51
Hi guys, again has anyone who got the call with a joining date received an email outlining the medical yet?

danni14
23rd Jun 2009, 23:00
hey guys,

I know how frustrating the wait is but just hang in there. Im sure that they will call everyone at some point. Just think, they must have so many people to sort out. Loads of paperwork, calls, emails and stuff!

I dont know how they are allocating people on courses, maybe they do want people who speak languages first but then at the same time my start date is 23rd Aug and I only speak English.

prognosis- yes when you get the call, they send you the medical so you can start right away. I had mine done today, there is quite a lot to do but if you just take it to your doctor then they should know what to do. I was lucky that my doctor has done loads of medicals for Etihad and Emirates crew and was familiar with the forms!

ATCNoob
23rd Jun 2009, 23:06
[quote from deleted post removed - mods]

I went for the Etihad Cadet Pilot Selection and got through to the group stages and interview. One of the other guys there said in the interview at the end, "How can you expect me to sign a contract when you haven't even shown us what the college is like!?!". He came out of the interview almost crying because they didn't like what he had said. We then found out that 2 weeks later he got in! Whilst our group in one of the group exercises gets a big applause at the way we approached one of the tasks (the idea was mine!) and I didn't even get close. It just goes to show that you never know.

Last year they also chose an 18 year old girl who didn't know the difference between an Airbus and a Boeing...seriously! She also only had 2 weeks work experience at Tesco's. She also didn't seem to have a very 'leadership-like' personality profile. But she gets selected. In my opinion it's all about getting the demographics right. For example - you have a certain number of females, you have to have a certain number of 18 year olds or 22 year olds, don't take too many people older than 24 etc etc etc...

I could be wrong but that's the impression I got!

Skywards
24th Jun 2009, 07:46
I heard the rumour about languages as well. One of the girls I know starting in July does speak Arabic, but I start in August too and I only speak english...so who knows!

Prognosis, yes I have been given my medicals will be submitting them any minute now, fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone :ok:

KEFREN82
24th Jun 2009, 07:49
Hi people, knowing languages cannot be the reason why they call you now.
Infact I speak three languages, but they haven't called me yet. :(
Just wait, and I think we do not have to think on reasons, because, maybe, there is no reason.

Bye...

fingers xd
24th Jun 2009, 08:21
I have spoken to Celeste in HR and she said that Sep is full for English speakers but still has spaces for people that speak other languages. I think there is only 2 people arranging the training so it is taking them a while to get through everyone. My date is 18th Oct but people that are still waiting could be placed in sep so dont worry it is not going just in date order.

The last AD is today so hopefully everyone will hear soon. :ok: