PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

alkyd
20th Aug 2009, 15:34
Hello guys,

I passed the AD and the final interview and like many of you am waiting for the confirmation from Etihad, however I havn't done medical clearance yet.
I have slight color blindness and I know that they test us on colorblindness. I am 100% sure I will fail some of the tests and so I am worried if they might not consider me fit.

Do you guys know anyone who have passed the medical cleareance even though they had slight color blindness? I can see all colors, it's just sometimes I can't distinguish yellow from orange for example :) and I fail those color blind tests that ask you to tell which number appears in those colored circles.. I just don't see those numbers...

Thanks for your replies.

KEFREN82
20th Aug 2009, 19:26
I really don't know...
but everytime they tested my acuity vision as flight attendant actually they tested me with the colour recognition test, that I always passed as i don't have colour blindness...
Anyway, i don't know if you must see every color... you should ask them before, so that you don't lose your time.
good luck

Mari
21st Aug 2009, 23:45
It's no-go, sorry.

Jeremys_mleu
26th Aug 2009, 10:54
Good to see you people again.

Nice for the ones still waiting and goodluck for the guys awaiting for the interview.

After being dropped last April, i felt it could be nice to fly Etihad for any reason - so is what i did and now i am back to sit in the office - A flight attendant profession could be nice but since it passed me by, then i can be a passanger. who knows, someday i could get a suprise.

Nice to see you all on board and lets be in Tach

JJ

perfum
27th Aug 2009, 17:38
Hi,
I´m looking forward to a cabin crew recruitment, but it seems to be no in the recent days.
Is there anyone have an idea about the F&B manager position?
I sent a message for that to the company, but not answered yet.
Plz tell me someone know about it.
Thank you in advance

Mari
28th Aug 2009, 01:02
You might wanna read some posts back...

And the job descreption. Google it.

Food and Beverage background is needed. What is it you don't understand?! It's a cabin crew job but you mostly deal with FOOD and wines. (A little bit of French could be an advantage - it's NOT essential - but it sounds very professional to pronounce the names of the wine.) You brief your people about the food on board. If there is a fire, you and the crew deal with it, but the Cabin Manager will write a report about it and deal with the matter.

You work in Premium Cabin and only fly long-haul.

perfum
28th Aug 2009, 11:53
Thank you so much for the tip. As you mentioned, i've searched on the line. But there's no mention about salary and welfare something like that. it seems like kind of new position. Thank you again Mari :>

racheldebuitleir
28th Aug 2009, 12:04
if you look on careers.etihadairways.com and in 'current vacancies' you will find full details of the F&B position including salary. on the left in 'important news' you will find a link for a list of F&B assessment days.There arent cabin crew assessments going on but there are plenty F&B assessments. So if you meet the requirements and have the necessary experience you must apply online ( dont email the company) and you will then possibly get an invite for an assessment. If you dont get an invite..you dont attend. Good luck.

Mari
28th Aug 2009, 13:58
Onboard Food and Beverage Manager
Job Description

Champion guest satisfaction in relation to quality, presentation and timeliness of all food and beverage delivery on board. Monitor pre- and post-flight catering activities.

Develop and implement measures to ensure that the product design and delivery matches the level of Etihad's World Best Standards communicated, promised and expected by guests in all guest travel classes every time.

Additional Key Responsibilities Include:

Adhere to all company policies and GCAA regulations and ensure a safe cabin environment is maintained. Operate mechanical and emergency safety equipment.
Provide assistance and timely communication to guests during emergencies and unusual incidents (delayed flight, severe weather condition, turbulent flight, etc.)
Ability to resolve guest issues in a satisfactory manner at all times.
Accountable for ensuring all safety procedures are followed according to GCAA Regulations and Company issued manuals.
Provide input to menus design, wine selection, galley loading, dry stores items in conjunction with the Catering team.
Attend and manage quality checks with AUH catering as operationally required.
Oversee galley management performance in Diamond First, Pearl Business.
Ensure food and beverages are served at the correct temperatures and in a timely manner to meet the needs of the guest.
Experienced and knowledgeable of all beverages offered onboard and cocktails that can be made in Diamond First and Pearl Business class.
Ensure that all beverages and food items are delivered and presented according to inspired service standards.
Link to lounges by meeting guests pre departure, collecting valuable info re beverage preference, meal choices, pre order of meals on late night flights to speed up meal service.
Oversee and have accountability for the catering loading of all cabins, refusing items that are not of an acceptable standard and liaise with Ground Staff and Catering regarding upgrades.
Sign off catering delivery note after consultation with all galley operators in Diamond First and Pearl Business, and Cabin Senior in Coral Economy class.
Conduct in-flight audits on service delivery standards and product knowledge.
Guest engagement Focus on F and J.
Seek opportunities for appropriate engagement with guests, e.g. as guests board, during services and at all other times throughout the flight.
Support crew when guests need specific information about food/beverages.
Monitor guest satisfaction with beverages and meals and obtain feedback on guest satisfaction with regards to catering overallQualifications:

Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent.

Experience:

Junior F and B Manager or Assistant Manager in 5-star hotel properties
Restaurant Manager in high-end recognized restaurants
Executive Chefs with F and B experience
Sky Chefs or equivalent with F and B background and/or service industry across all functions, with a detailed knowledge of food Cooking and preparation.
Cabin Crew experience is an asset.

Knowledge

Knowledge of food safety regulations and standards
Must have a high standard of English; verbal, written and comprehension.
Fluency in another language (Arabic or other) is an advantage.

Requirements

Minimum age 26 years
Weight proportionate to height
Medically fit to meet regulatory requirements
Ability to swim at least 25m unaided in open water, without a flotation device
Must successfully complete initial training program as a condition of employment and maintain a cabin crew license.
Must be able to reach 214 cm without wearing shoes.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs from the floor to above shoulder level.

Salary and Benefits:

Monthly salary: AED10,000-11,500 (depending on number of flight hours)
Housing allowance/Accommodation: Housing allowance of AED2,760 per month or company-provided accommodation. It must be noted that no housing allowance is paid to those utilizing company-provided accommodation.
Transportation: Provided to and from home/airport

WHAT DO THEY EXACTLY DO???

Besides bringing culinary delights to passengers, Etihad Airways is also one of the first to feature on-board F&B Managers who are in charge of making wine and food recommendations to passengers, as well as listening to their requirements and preferences.

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20081230-111309.html (http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20081230-111309.html)

(Watch the videos, look at the menus, observe how they work and how they present themselves.)

HOW DOES THE SERVICE WORK IN PREMIUM CABIN AND WHAT DO PASSENGERS THINK ABOUT THIS NEW ROLE???

Inspired Service

This is the new in-flight service on Etihad’s Diamond First and Pearl Business classes. It was introduced during the beginning of this year (I think), on flights to LHR and SYD, and is gradually being introduced on the airline’s long-haul network. This service allows passengers the flexibility in choosing when to eat and drink from a new menu that features “a la-carte” and “kitchen” style choices. This means that there are no pre-set meal times although orders are taken right after take-off, should you want anything to eat. As for the remainder of the flight, the passenger is given the freedom to choose any item on the menu at any time.

Another element of the new Inspired Service is the lack of trolleys in the aisles. Each person is served individually by the crew, and not in groups, nor with a trolley. For example when I took my seat after boarding, a crew approached me with only my menu and amenity kit to hand to me, and asked what I wanted to drink before takeoff. After so, another crew approached me to hand me my hot towel; hot towels are served to each passenger individually, and not off a tray to everyone.

The outcome is a brilliant idea; however I have found it to cause some congestion in the aisles. As each passenger had to be served individually, this meant that the crew had to go back and forth between the galley and the seats a countless number of times for welcome drinks, menus & amenity kits, and hot towels. Furthermore, given the short time between boarding and pushback, all these service elements had to be accomplished which meant the crew seemed a little rushed.

The Onboard Food & Beverage Manager

Etihad now has onboard Food & Beverage Managers, whose exact role I am still unsure about. One F&B manager is assigned to each flight, and they are dressed in a white jacket. From what I was told, they overlook the food presentation for the premium classes, and are active cabin crew in Diamond First. Furthermore, they are available to be consulted for their recommendation of beverage with your meal and so on and so forth. However, from the way I saw it, these F&B managers are a hybrid between Gulf Air’s Sky Chef and a regular cabin crew, with no clear role from either side.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/133938 (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/133938)

(Detailed descriptions about business and first class service on JFK-flights. Check out the menus. Great photos: food presentation is important!)

WHAT DOES THE PRESS THINK???

In the air, Etihad Airways has introduced a new cabin crew position called the food and beverage manager. These new managers, most of whom have joined the airline from five-star hospitality backgrounds, are responsible for championing the quality, presentation and delivery of food and beverages on board to ensure consistent high standards.

First and business class customers can dine on demand anytime from an a la carte fine dining menu or opt for kitchen style snacks.

http://www.aseanaffairs.com/press_releases/etihad_airways_unveils_new_first_class_cabin_suite (http://www.aseanaffairs.com/press_releases/etihad_airways_unveils_new_first_class_cabin_suite)

(Again: check out the menus.)

The information above should be enough to imagine what they do, how they work, what professional background is required. They are flight attendants but their primary role is to oversee the service in premium cabins.

You should know what type of people they are looking for:
- assertive
- confident
- has the ability to pay attention to details
- well-groomed
- has excellent communication skills (you conduct briefings for crew and deal with passengers in premium cabins)
- well-organized
- has good time management skills

It's still a new position, so you can expect quite a few changes and challenges.

Good luck!

racheldebuitleir
30th Aug 2009, 18:01
Hey all,

If there are to be any courses starting in Nov or Dec, its about time all the phonecalls start again right? Has anyone heard any news or updates?

lovelysmile
30th Aug 2009, 19:06
no news from my side unfortunately...:(

perfum
31st Aug 2009, 04:40
It's so kind of you! Thank you again!

I appreciate for the tips. ;)

perfum
31st Aug 2009, 04:44
Thank you again!

It's great! :ok: ;)

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 09:17
OOOh, you are too nice!

I just want to let you know that I'm not Etihad crew. I was just interested in this position that's why I did the research.

When I applied for a cabin crew job, I did the same. I just put "cabin crew/flight attendant" in google and read and read and read. I read a lot about ODs on forums (any ODs: BA, EasyJet, Emirates, doesn't matter), tried to figure out what the recruiters expect from you, what type they are looking for. I found a lot of interview questions, as well and thought about the answers. And I was looking at pictures: the smile, the hair, the make-up, you know.

There are people who just simply perfect for the job and they don't need to do any research. They just accidently hear about an open day from a friend the evening before and decide to go for it and they make it! It was different for me: I needed to be prepared because I was very anxious. Being prepared made me confident.

Oh, I was sooo worried! Is my English good enough?! It was a huge surprise that the majority hardly spoke English! Is my suit OK, is my skirt the right lenght? Well, most of the people did not wear business attire! Some of them had piercings and tattoos even, not mentioning the jewelery. There were people who did not know that the airline's base is abroad! Some people didn't even have photos. Still, it's not easy to be one of the lucky ones as the group is getting smaller and smaller...

I cross my fingers for you.

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 12:46
Disclaimer – fraudulent internet recruitment activities 13/04/2009 http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/images/aLftTop.gifhttp://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/images/spacer.gifhttp://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/images/aRgtTop.gif It has come to Etihad Airways’ attention that a number of people claim to be acting on its behalf in recruiting or facilitating recruitment of employees. Please note that Etihad Airways never charges job applicants any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process. For information on Etihad Airways job vacancies, please visit the careers section of our website.

-----
Just in case, from Mari.

That's MY opinion about ECIR's post!!!

jaye
31st Aug 2009, 13:26
that was my opinion also mari but I didnt want to be the first to say it lol.

I dont understand how you can say that YOU organise recruitment days for Etihad if YOU have enough applicants .... errr Etihad can take care of their own recruitment thanks so your (fake) company isnt needed!

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 13:46
Thank you, Jaye, I needed some support here.

I used to be young and naive (unfortunately I'm old and wise now) but I still can remember how it was. (Oh, good old times...)

Please, guys, just give us (can I say "us"?!) a credit on this. Wait for the OFFICIAL ODs and ADs which are advertised on the hompepage.

Sas1986
31st Aug 2009, 21:36
Just wondeng if anybody can give me the heads up on what to expect with the medicals...what do they entail? I had my AD on the 4th May LHR...still no news for us either xx

tenderinside
1st Sep 2009, 13:57
How is it? I may have the assessment in October..are you aleady there???
Any Info about everything???
Ale

yucyme
1st Sep 2009, 15:21
no news for NYC AD feb 8th people either.
:-(
still hoping, hoping...

racheldebuitleir
2nd Sep 2009, 12:33
does anyone happen to know how many of us in total are left in the holding pool?

e_mirati
2nd Sep 2009, 18:00
Hi everyone...

I´m joining EY next month and have been told about the new Etihad Village, does any of you know what that´s area called and where is this area exactly located, I know it´s near the airport...

thank you very much

racheldebuitleir
3rd Sep 2009, 15:11
Abraj Towers

Etihad in Joint Venture with ALDAR to open staff housing development
Etihad Airways is to open a purpose-built, new housing development close to Abu Dhabi airport to help accommodate its rapidly expanding workforce.

The Abraj Towers housing development, opposite the airline's new headquarters building, is close to completion and will open in phases. The first phase consists of nearly 200 one-bedroom apartments, the first of which will become available later this month.

The new project has been developed as part of a joint venture between Etihad Airways and ALDAR Properties.

James Hogan, Etihad Airways' chief executive, said: "As Etihad's workforce continues to grow, the need for good quality affordable staff housing is a top priority.

"By working with ALDAR we have been able to provide a sizeable housing development, built to the high standards and ideally located for many hundreds of our employees."

The community around Abraj Towers will eventually house more than 1,000 staff in one, two, and three-bedroom furnished and unfurnished apartments with balconies and, when completed in 2009, will include a 2,363 square metre supermarket and a 1,402 square metre gym facility, as well as a swimming pool and other amenities.

Ronald Barrott, Chief Executive Officer of ALDAR Properties, said: "Partnering with leading Abu Dhabi companies to further develop the future of the Emirate has been a core component of our success to date, and will remain a commitment for the future.

"Etihad shares our dedication to exceed global quality standards, and we look forward to working with the airline on future projects."

Etihad's human resources department reviews constantly the suitability of new housing projects for its expanding workforce. The team is currently in discussions with ALDAR and other developers about further housing projects.

Etihad currently boasts 5,700 staff worldwide, including more than 4,850 based in the United Arab Emirates.
(This article is from 2008)
Map link:
abraj tower, abu dhabi - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abraj+tower,+abu+dhabi&sll=53.41291,-8.24389&sspn=5.541231,14.128418&ie=UTF8&ll=24.657002,54.608917&spn=0.527932,0.883026&t=h&z=10)

I wonder are all new joiners being put in this new development?

KEFREN82
3rd Sep 2009, 20:14
Do you think new joiners will live in Abraj Towers?
I think I would like to live there. If anybody from Etihad knows, please, inform us ;)

see you soon!

racheldebuitleir
3rd Sep 2009, 20:39
i bet the new buildings are lovely but inconvenient for going to the city whereas the older buildings in the city might not be so nice but maybe much handier for going out and doing things. I suppose its good that there are pros and cons for both coz that way nobody is better off or worse off than anyone else :)

e_mirati
3rd Sep 2009, 20:59
Thank you Rachel...

I have heard that we´ll probably be accommodated in this new area near the airport, BUT, it will only be nice if the gym, supermarket and those other amenities are there, otherwise we´ll have to take a taxi everytime we want to buy some bread!

I have been to Abu Dhabi a few times and that area it´s not close to downtown (it´s not too far either). Anyhow, the best option is to get a car as soon as you can. You are free to move, regardless where you live. I don´t know if you have lived there before, but the worst thing is to wait for a taxi outside when there is a temperature of 45 degrees...

Anyway, let see!

fiz
4th Sep 2009, 07:43
HI,

I have been invited for an Eithad assessment day...please tell me what happens during the day and what they ask during the interview ?

thanks

Fiz

Mari
4th Sep 2009, 08:37
I don't exactly know how it goes in India. Use SEARCH option above! (Look for posts with "etihad assessment".)

It is only one day and that's how it goes in Europe:

ASSESSMENT DAY

REGISTRATION OF THE INVITED CANDIDATES

REACH TEST (as a safety requirement you MUST be able to reach 214 cm!)

INTRODUCTION / PRESENTATION OF THE AIRLINE

10.00-13.00
WRITTEN ENGLISH TEST

BRIEF INTERVIEW – FIRST ONE

SEPARATION POINT

1 MINUTE PRESENTATION OF ASSIGNED TOPIC

GROUP WORK / GROUP DISCUSSION AMONG THE CANDIDATES

SECOND SEPARATION POINT

16.00-18.00
FINAL INTERVIEW

FILLING UP THE OFFICIAL FORMS FOR THE VISA AND JOINING PURPOSES

You need to bring along for the Assessment:

1. 4 x passport colour pictures

• White background only
• Conservative clothing
• Both ears must be visible
• No glasses & jewelry removed

2. 1 x full length colour picture which should meet the following requirements:

• Both ears are clearly visible
• Clothing that is see through/revealing/low plunging at the neck are not permitted
• No jewelry

3. 3 passport colour photocopies

4. Up-to-date CV in English

5. The diploma of the highest achieved education (photocopy, does not have to be translated into English)

6. All the certificates that are mentioned in your CV (photocopy)

7. 2 x Reference or Service letters with current contact information

Instructions, recommendations and suggestions for interview process

(The more attention you pay to it the better result you achieve!)

Gentleman:
Dress code: business attire

Ladies:
Dress code: business attire – a suit
a suit with skirt at knee length and tie
or paints
Hair neat and tight
Decent make-up

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR CABIN CREW

This time we will discuss what possible questions will be asked during the interview. Cabin crew interviews are tricky and can be tough, especially if one is not prepared. To be able to have an excellent interview, here are some examples of Cabin Crew interview questions and how to answer correctly and confidently.

"Tell us about yourself." This is one of the most common questions you can expect to be asked at the interview. Do not be fooled by the informal tone of this question and try to "wing-it" or ramble along. This is a question that can prove what sets you apart from the other candidates. Try to describe yourself in a sentence or two and give the interviewer a brief "synopsis" or your "major selling point", what your major strengths are and in what way you can benefit the company if they do decide to hire you.
"Why do you want to join ***** airlines?" This is where your research into the airline company will come in handy. Say specific things which you have learned about them, such as their background and future plans, etc. You will want to express your great interest about the Cabin Attendant position and along with "solid proof" that you are the right candidate for the job.
"How do you see yourself in 5 years?" To answer this question, state what your short term goals are, in relation to your position as Cabin Attendant. The purpose of this question is that the interviewer is trying to see your professional ambition and aspirations.
"Do you prefer to work with others or alone?" This is a trick question. This will determine if you are cabin attendant material or not. Of course the obvious answer would be that you prefer to work in a team. Cabin attendants always work in teams. Before every flight, they conduct preflight briefings during which cabin crew assigned to the flight are introduced to each other, checked for physical, mental and emotional readiness to fly and given their respective duties and responsibilities on board the aircraft. This camaraderie is continued from beginning of the flight, when they leave home base, till they finally comeback to their home base and conduct their post flight debriefing.
"What are your strengths and weaknesses?" State whatever specific strengths and capabilities you may have, in relation to the job, and be able to give solid examples as well. In stating weaknesses, be sure to reveal a small but insignificant weakness and be able to turn it into a strength if possible.
"Why should we hire you?" Give them a very brief but significant "selling point" or "signature" that will show how different you are from the other candidates.
"What would you do if you were faced with an angry passenger?" Knowledge in customer service procedures and ways of handling conflict will be the key to answering this question. Give the interviewer specific instances or experiences you've had when you dealt with an irate customer or how you resolved a conflict in the past. The interviewer will try to discern if you have effective problem solving skills and can handle pressure when faced with a difficult and stressful situation.
"What would you do if you accidentally spilled something on your passenger?" The best answer would be to apologize, if what you spilled was something hot and the customer ended up being scalded, immediately administer first-aid. Offer to have the soiled clothing cleaned (some airlines even foot the dry cleaning bill if the stain is really severe) and inform your supervisor of what happened.
"What is the most difficult situation you've ever faced and how did you resolve it?" Be able to give specific situations about how you handled conflict in the workplace. The interviewer wants to determine how you handle stressful situations and pressure in the work place and how you will work in a team environment.
"Tell me about your last company/employer and why you resigned?" Be honest and state the reason when and why you left your previous company. If you're still working for the company, state why you want to leave.
"Do you and have you ever made mistakes? " We are human, therefore we tend to make mistakes. State specific situations and admit to making small and insignificant mistakes in your workplace and specifically state your experience, how you handled it and whether you learned something from it.
"What do you know about our company?" State specific information about the company which you have learned from previously researching about them, like who is their CEO, what their future plans are, what kind of aircraft they have, etc. Be sure to research the airline company before your interview. Most information are readily available from their company website, magazines, news and press releases, etc. It will definitely impress the interviewer if you know so much about the company and it shows your enthusiasm and real interest in joining their company as a member of their cabin crew.
"If we decide to hire you, what would you bring to the company?" Sell yourself by stating your specific strengths in relation to the responsibilities of being a member of their cabin crew.

99heyho
4th Sep 2009, 08:45
fiz, which assessment day are you invited for?

Are you sure its EY? From the website, there is only one which is in Japan and the date is nt even confirm.

Mari
4th Sep 2009, 08:58
Heyho is right: I was wondering the same thing.

Fiz, make sure you don't pay anything for an agency. Although Etihad works with local agencies, never asks for money during the recruitment process.

As far as I know, they are not hiring at the moment (except the people from the holding pool) and all applications are "rejected" right away if you apply online these days.

fiz
4th Sep 2009, 09:22
hi,

i m goin for the abu dhahi assessment for the post of food and beverage manager.

i m going to abu dhabi assessment...i ve recd letter from EY....to come

14th september abu dhabi assessment.

racheldebuitleir
4th Sep 2009, 12:45
i would love to get driving when i get there but i dont think its gona be possible for at least a few months!! Im from Ireland and we drive on the other side of the road! its gona take some time to get used to those roads before I attempt it! haha

valensi
4th Sep 2009, 13:06
Hi Rachel,

Driving in the UAE is definitely an art; I am a UK license holder like yourself and the switch from left to right is not very difficult at all. The roads in the UAE are mostly long and straight and in tip-top condition, most junctions light controlled, so, it should be plain-sailing...

it's the DRIVERS here that are a nightmare... So many different cultures in one place who have all learned to drive in different settings and to varying standards. There are also a lot of big, powerful cars on the roads and it can be intimidating.

That said; if you just remain calm, remember that any offensive gestures, physical or verbal can land you in a lot of hot water, however mild - we are all guests in the UAE afterall - you should have no problem whatsoever. And with petrol being as cheap as it is, I would highly recommend you bite the bullet and take to the roads as taxis are expensive, and public transport is non existant in the Capital.

You can also swap your own license for a UAE one without taking a test - your overseas one will be valid for about 6 months.

Hope that helps!
xo

racheldebuitleir
5th Sep 2009, 17:15
hi valensi thanks for that. Are you from the UK? I am from Ireland but have a UK licence and not an Irish one. I read somewhere that you cant exchange a licence for a UAE one if its not from your country of origin so I guess I need to exchange my UK licence for an Irish one before I go or else I would have to take a test in abu dhabi instead is that right?

fiz
7th Sep 2009, 08:09
can anyone please tell me in the english test what type of questions are asked? do dey also have maths in it ?

Thank you all.

racheldebuitleir
7th Sep 2009, 10:30
hi fiz,

i think that they vary a little. There are different exam papers with the same questions in different order so that you cannot copy the person beside you. There are parts where you are given a small piece to read and then answer some questions based on it. It may look very simple and is very simple for a native but for a foreigner it could catch you out if you rush so just take your time and read carefully. There are multiple choice questions on grammar and there are essay style questions at the end asking things like tell me about a time that you worked in a good team or tell me about a time when you provided a good customer service. Its not difficult if your english is up to standard. If you cant manage it , then it just goes to show that you would probably have difficulty with understanding the training and the manual you know.

i think the essay was about one A4 page. They are questions that you tend to get asked in any face to face interview so Im sure you will have them prepared anyway but try to roughly prepare them in written form too in case you are asked those for the essay.

just brush up on the basic parts of english grammar that tend to catch people out very easily.. like Here and hear, they're, there and their, your and you're you know what I mean? theres nothing too difficult but its the little things that will show if you have a good grasp of the language or not. Maybe try to incorporate some nice descriptive words ( but not too many) into your essay- just to show off some nice vocabulary :)

It will be fine, I'm sure. Your posts are written perfectly fine apart from using some text lingo like "wana". Make sure you dont use lazy text lingo in the test
:)

good luck.

fiz
8th Sep 2009, 04:27
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. Are you also working with Eithad ?

Takecare

Thanks and Regards

Fiz

racheldebuitleir
8th Sep 2009, 11:54
not yet! im waiting.

fiz
8th Sep 2009, 12:29
Did you get through the assessment day ? Good luck dear

fiz
9th Sep 2009, 09:14
Please can anyone tell me the two reference letter ....does it have to be on letter head. Will it be ok i its on a A4 size paper.

One personal
One professional if i am not wrong.

Please advise

Thanks

Fiz

Sas1986
9th Sep 2009, 10:16
Fiz

Two professional references are needed. Both on A4 paper with the company header/contact details...etc. I bought with me references from my past two employers on A4 headed company paper with full contact details and this was ok with them.

Good Luck :ok: x

KorDenSer
10th Sep 2009, 14:01
Hello! Did anyboby who are in the holding pool get an invitation from the Etihad Airways for cabin crew training course in November or December 2009? Thank you very much for your replies!

julia82
11th Sep 2009, 06:47
I think it's high time for them to let us know about nov/dec trainings! We've been waiting sooo long and now it seems almost unbelievable that we still might get a call... They must know already about trainings' dates!

etihadCC
12th Sep 2009, 08:27
Hey all,

Would really appreciate some help. If anyone has some info, I would like to know if EY is planning on hiring for crew anytime soon, specifically Canadians?

Thankssssss

Holdudvar
12th Sep 2009, 11:56
Hi julia82!

I've got a personal question where did You do Your medicals in Poland?I wanna find a hospital, clinic in which I would get the results in English!

Thanks in advance for an answer. You can answer privately:):)

P.S.I hope You will all get call soon:)
Good luck

Sydneybloggs
12th Sep 2009, 12:23
Hi all,

New to this site. I have just put my first application through to Emirates (02/09/09) still not heard anything. I didnt realise that we had to wait so long. I want it so so bad, life in England is depressing!! Good luck to all who have interviews

XxXxXx

Hazalina
14th Sep 2009, 08:17
Dear all...

Hmmm... i just applied in less than a week, i do not know how they actually retrieve my cv but they said cannot be proceed.. is this because of my location? and another thing is that ... i still can fly to another country like how everyone did... but whatever.... :confused:

racheldebuitleir
15th Sep 2009, 14:44
i think that anyone who applies at the moment gets rejected purely because they are not recruiting!?

momo155cm
18th Sep 2009, 05:37
Hello all,

I am attending the EY assessment in the end of this month, in Tokyo. I have been rejected and had to wait for another 6 months passes. When I came back from abroad, I couldn't update my details on their website because they have already refused me and frozen 'my page'. But, fortunatelly I found another cabin crew website and sent my CV. Then they invited me, even though the official website turned me down.

I think the reason which they send the people 'wish your luck' letter is not because they don't recruit in the area the people live. In fact, my 'official application' on the website was valid for 2 years while they came and held an assessment twice in the area I lived.

I never give up to get the position.
Thank you for being patient about my poor English.

Have a nice weekend!

kimberlyk
22nd Sep 2009, 04:58
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can tell me if i got a job with Etihad, do they sponser my husband to come to Abu Dhabi?

Or, if he also applied and got thru would we be allowed to live togeather?

Thanks

KEFREN82
22nd Sep 2009, 07:33
Not sponsored but, if you are legally married, of course you can live together!!!
I don't think you can live in the crew accomodation, but you obtain an extra-fee to get a house in Abu Dhabi.
I am not sure about the fact you cannot live in the crew accomodation as maybe they have accomodations for couples legally married. You need just to ask, but, I suppose it would be better to your husband to find a job in AUH before.

wajdute
22nd Sep 2009, 09:58
I know this as a fact that you can't live in crew accomodation with your husband or wife, You have to find your own place to stay, and they give some extra money for that.

racheldebuitleir
22nd Sep 2009, 11:50
As far as I know, cabin crew's partners or families are not sponsored at all. You can be married but its basically your problem to figure out the rest. You cant live in the crew accomodation with your husband, but you can choose to live out in which case you get a live out allowance towards renting somewhere where you and your husband can live together. If your husband gets the job too, then there will be two live out allowances that you can put together towards one place. If your husband is not working for them, you will only get one live out allowance given to you which may not go very far because AUH is very expensive. But provided you manage to afford somewhere for you both, legally living together is not problem whatsoever...as you are married...but as for Etihad they wont do anything to accomodate you if you know what I mean..just the allowance. I have heard something before that you have to live in the crew accomodation for at least 6 months before you can apply for a live out option BUT that may have been Emirates...im not sure...and it may be different when you are married. If your husband gets a good job with some other company...maybe his company will provide accomodation too and you might be allowed to live with him..who knows. Just make sure that if only one of you has a job when going there, that you have a plan all worked out and do your research into costs because one live out allowance and one salary might not be enough to look after you both very well. But I do happen to know two friends of mine who used to work for emirates as cabin crew and they lived together using both their allowances put together...and they said it wasnt alot but they managed. and they werent even married by the way! haha. They are now actually married though. :)

Good luck.

NewCrewMember
22nd Sep 2009, 17:41
Hey guys

My doj is october 18th is anyone else on this course date? It would be good to speak to anyone on the same course before we get there.:rolleyes:

mellymoo
22nd Sep 2009, 18:01
nope still waiting for a DOJ

prognosis
25th Sep 2009, 13:51
It's quiet... To quiet... Does anyone have any news?

Krissu85
25th Sep 2009, 15:38
Hey! I'm one of the LHR 17th Feb assessment day successful candidate and still waiting...The latest information I received from Kim is that basically no news :( still "sorting out the new courses and will let you know" type e-mail.
Would be really interesting to know how many people they still have in the holding pool..I know that some people who were waiting received the phone calls some time ago and actually started or are about to start their courses....and now there's a silent moment once again :(
I guess the last scheduled course they have is in october so hopefully they'll schedule some more soon and we can finally start. Sometimes it seems already hopeless but then I think of the people who were waiting like all of us are actually there now and doing the training or about to start. So things are happening and hopefully soon we'll all be out there!!!

TB23
25th Sep 2009, 21:18
My date of joining is the 11th Oct - so a week before you Newcrewmember....

Been such a long wait - so pretty excited. Just want to get out there now.

mellymoo
26th Sep 2009, 20:02
Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know I have just this moment sent a message to the recruiters as I had a call from one of them a while back but they said hopefully Nov Dec but it wasnt in stone yet.

I know there was a load of us on the 16th Feb assessment in LHR so fingers crossed.

I am on leave till 18th October and am working for a company and am going to be sent to a mid east country for 3 months which is going to complicate some things so I am rooting for everyone. Please Please Etihad let us know xx

mellymoo
27th Sep 2009, 11:15
still no news guys...............

tice
28th Sep 2009, 14:55
Hey guys, new to this site...

I have a question concerning the required customer service experience: Do they only qualify the candidates who has this two years of CS experience from face-to-face customer service or do they also consider the candidates who have gained most of their customer service experience and skills at contact/customer care center (i.e. communicate with customers via phone)?

Best of luck for all of you! :ok:

valensi
29th Sep 2009, 05:38
I don't think the two-year's CS experience is a must, as long as you can demonstrate you've had to communicate and deal with people. For example, my background is primary education and I have attended FI for Etihad - Decided to hang on and wait for Emirates in the end, but in both cases, the recruiters explained that it would be okay for me to think of situations where my students were customers/clients in the Final Interview, for example, "tell me about a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" - I was able to take an example from school.. As long as you can demonstrate how its relevant to the role and paint yourself in a good light, I think ANY experience is worth highlighting. I also used examples of group presentations/written assignments form University to highlight my team-work skills. Just think outside the box a little and you'll sail through!

Sung Ah Lee
29th Sep 2009, 15:58
Hi, there.
I applied for senior cabin crews position of Etihad through a Korean headhunter 1 month ago.
I'm still waiting their call...
I can not do anything except waiting for call...
:ugh: It makes me be annoyed and sick....
is there anyone to know etihad HR phone number?
I'd like to contact them.
Thank you.

EISNN
29th Sep 2009, 23:27
Hi folks. I hope I'm not bursting any dreams or bubbles here but Etihad did an open day with Aer Lingus cabin crew from all grades about two weeks ago. Some of them have been given dates to start and SOME are being offered to go in as direct entry CSD/ISM/CM/CSM or whatever title they are. Basically #1 on Longhaul. Others are going in at ccm grade. Not sure how many are taking up the offer. The contract deal is for two years.

racheldebuitleir
30th Sep 2009, 10:03
hi, thanks for letting us know. how do you know this by the way? and do you happen to know when the training courses are that these crew have been placed on?

Thanks.

KEFREN82
30th Sep 2009, 10:10
Never heard that, it was not even published on the official website of Etihad.

Krissu85
30th Sep 2009, 10:54
Why would Etihad do a open day for Aer Lingus cabin crew :confused:...have never heard that any company would try to "steal" other company's staff using this kind of method. I don't bealive this actually, as far as I'm aware every requitment/open day should be advertised somewhere in public (website etc) otherwise it can count as discrimination and don't think Etihad needs to do anything like that. So sorry Eisnn unless you have something to prove your saying I don't believe it's true at all.

EISNN
30th Sep 2009, 18:59
I'm afraid it's true and as I said I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble. I saw the advert myself. Etihad had the permission of Aer Lingus management and they held their open day in Aer Lingus HQ about two weeks ago. Not sure when the training courses are starting. If I get a copy of it I'll attempt to enclose it on here - although not sure I can. Anyone know how? - I think the reason EI management had no problem with this is because they are looking for crew and pilots to take unpaid leave for two years. EI crew did this before in the mid 90's and took 5 years unpaid leave to work for JAL.

My understanding is that EI crew are very familiar with Airbus, so training would be short and sweet and they have the customer service experience as all EI cabin crew are flying with a minimum of 2 years as there has been no new intake in two years. I would imagine that training would probably consist of familiarisation of safety equipment, locations, UAE aviation law, first class and other inflight service and emergency procedures. I should also point out that EI pilots were invited to the open day too. I kid you not.

And KRISSU85 I don't need to be called a liar. I promise you I'm not. If I can get my hands on the notice can someone advise me how I can put it up on this? It'll be a photo/jpeg I guess.

Saab Dastard
30th Sep 2009, 20:43
If I get a copy of it I'll attempt to enclose it on here - although not sure I can. Anyone know how?

If it's hard copy, you would need to scan it and save the image to a hosting site like photobucket, then post the link here - or embed the image link so that the image appears in your post.

If it's already an image, then as above, just don't need to scan!

If it's already online, post the URL.

SD

EISNN
30th Sep 2009, 20:43
IMG_1021 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43079971@N05/3970057478/)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43079971@N05/3970057478/

not sure if this will work but this is part of the advert that was made out to EI cabin crew and pilots. There are 6 pics in there in total. Hope that clarifies everything. Couldn't have people saying that I'm a liar or a s#!t stirrer now, who I? Hopefully a deserved apology will appear now very shortly.

Also KRISSU85. to answer another question as to why it was exclusive to EI crew. As Etihad is not an EU company it is not obliged by european labour laws unless they had a base in the EU. The UAE has it's own labour laws and regulations. If they want to advertise to a specific group they can and it's possible it's because EI crew have a very long established and highly reputable customer service ethos. It mightn't sound fair but if you're going down to Abu Dhabi you'd want to get used to the idea that not everything is the same or 'fair' as the UK or the EU for that matter. That said I hope you get what you deserve. :cool:

Melanie_T
30th Sep 2009, 21:23
Well Done EISNN :D:D:D

e_mirati
1st Oct 2009, 07:49
Hi everyone! has any of you joining October 11th received your tickets yet?

good luck to everyone and see you in training college

KEFREN82
1st Oct 2009, 08:02
just to clear my ideas about it:

as you proved with the link EY needed cabin crew experienced for positions of cabin managers. We heard some weeks before that a girl (cabin manager) was called to join EY. So, as new aircrafts are coming probably EY need cabin crew managers now. And they didn't have enough cabin managers in the holding pool.
I don't think it's unfair.
What I personally know is unfairness of italian airlines, where they use you more than a human being can stand and, after all, they tell you: bye bye!!!
just temporary contracts for few months, and then no chance to work.

So, i don't judge EY as they published to someone the offer, in Italy the airlines do not publish anything! Sometimes you can be aware that there is an open day, because a friend of you as a friend who told him, a favour!!!
Are we so fair in Europe?
I don't believe so.
Bye

Krissu85
1st Oct 2009, 09:16
Thank you for posting this ad - I do owe you an apology so hopefully you accept this. The reason why I didn't believe what you said straight away was that sometimes people write things here which causes panic and not always trueful information. Also I guess I felt disappointed as I have been waiting since February and now I hear that EY is actually requiting again while leaving us still waiting with no news. I don't have a previous experience working as a cabin crew so it feels like now they are actually preferring people with good experience? This makes me wonder what will happen to those to are still waiting? Is anything going to happen at all? I'm keeping in touch with some people from my assessment day and few of them have actually got the DOJ and training. But nothing for me and few other..

Anyway thanks for this information Eisnn and sorry again - didn't mean to call you a liar or anything!

lovelysmile
1st Oct 2009, 09:39
whatever is the case I do not think it has to do anything with experience...some people in the holding pool have years of cabin crew experience yet they have not heard anything either since early 2009...

racheldebuitleir
1st Oct 2009, 10:28
i have it from EI crew that the day was just mainly a presentation and insight into the company and that they would be back to recruit in March. i think its basically etihad getting in there because EI crew wont have jobs in EI much longer. i dont think its anything to worry about. Obviously if they are still looking for more people than thats a good sign for us who are waiting..that they will be using up the pool soon. I had an email from a recruitment officer yesterday who said the same old.....nothing is confirmed...we appreciate your patience etc. Im sure its just a matter of time for us all. Fingers crossed for phonecalls soon. :)

EISNN
1st Oct 2009, 21:33
KRISSU85. apology accepted.

RACHEL. crew member told me she has been offered the position of CSD/CM/CSM/PURSER/whatever .... and she's been told she'll start in Jan. That's what she told me.

What I'd say to everyone though who has applied is that you don't know with any airline what they're planning. With the amount of aircraft that they have on order to supplement the existing fleet there'll be good chances of everyone getting a place. Fingers crossed for everyone. :ok:

elisa4
3rd Oct 2009, 04:16
Probably it is true that these people have been offered direct entry positions or early start dates..

2 years ago the same thing happened when EY took many staff from GF as direct entry CM or premium crew...

And these days there is talk about some Australian crew who have just joined the company in direct entry senior crew positions.

Although it may seem "unfair", the company will basically do whatever they want.

Sas1986
4th Oct 2009, 22:59
Yes it is true they are looking for people to take on senior roles such as cabin manager straight away. They are interviewing people from the holding pool with certain airline experience and people from other airlines with the experience they are looking for. Two girls from the 4th May LHR AD who got through into the holding pool have been invited for interviews in Dubai for cabin manager positions.

I emailed recruitment but i got the same response everybody else has been getting:

HR Team is scheduling training courses for the last quarter of 2009 - first quarter 2010.

They will contact you as soon as they have allocated you on your training course.
We are batching candidates in order to have mixture of talent. Therefore you might not be joining at the same time with other candidates from your assessment day.

We also forwarded your request to HR Team and they will come back to you if they have particular information on your date of joining already.

kind regards,
Cabin Crew Recruitment Team

Hopefully soon we will all start hearing about training courses in December or Jan...fingers crossed...Im trying to stay optimistic :)

busygirl
12th Oct 2009, 07:36
Hey!
Anyone got any news lately? Any phone call or e-mail? I´m in the LHR, february waiting group. To be honest I emailed Kim twice (once in about july, then 2 weeks ago) and I didn´t even get a reply.:ugh:

ashlea
12th Oct 2009, 09:18
For those looking for a position in EY, I heard directly from the upper management (first-hand, yesterday at the staff roadshow) that we are particularly looking for ARABIC and JAPANESE language speakers. For certain roles, we are in need of more CS (Cabin Seniors), CM (Cabin Managers) and F&B Managers.

That's not to say anyone outside these categories doesn't have a chance, but I think over the next few months that's what the recruitment/internal promotional focus is going to be on. Hope that helps a bit!

diegoarg
12th Oct 2009, 15:27
Hi everyone, i'm taking the Emirates AD next week here in argentina, but just in case i wanted to check if there were any available positions for other airlines. Qatar had an OD here a week ago, but i haven't heard anything from Etihad.

Question is...does anyone know if they're coming to south america for recruiting? thanks a lotttt!

valensi
13th Oct 2009, 09:03
Hi Guys,

New AD dates for November 09 posted on Etihad Careers Website:

Paris, Japan, Lebanon and Abu Dhabi.

Things are picking up again :ok:

v xo

Nextstep
13th Oct 2009, 13:29
Yeah I saw it too. How exciting it is.
How Can I apply for it? I am actually in Australia but I want to attend the one in Japan.
My current address is in Australia on My application on Etihad Airways website but my home address is in Japan on my application as well.
Should I change it?
Is it less chance to be invited for the interview?

prognosis
17th Oct 2009, 23:40
Hi guys, everything seems to be very quiet here again... I would have thought November and December dates would have been scheduled by now :(
Just wondering if there are any others in the holding pool with Etihad who are also on hold or waiting for an outcome with Emirates? Does anyone have an opinion on which would be a better airline to work for? There are things I like about both but can't decide which one I would choose...
Thanks, hopefully its almost our turn ;)

KorDenSer
19th Oct 2009, 10:28
Hi! Has anybody got a DOJ for December 2009 or January 2010?

jcelinap
21st Oct 2009, 16:07
No news for this part of the world (Spain) everything seems to be very calm...n:{

busygirl
21st Oct 2009, 17:29
It is very quiet in England too:(

julia82
21st Oct 2009, 17:48
This waiting seems to be endless. Did any of you tried to call them and ask if the december trainings were canceled or sthg? BEcause it's high time for us to be informed if any trainings are to start this year...

racheldebuitleir
23rd Oct 2009, 16:32
to an extent I agree with you. However in this economic climate, im considering myself lucky to have a job in the pipe line and not feeling like I have much power to kick up a fuss. I too was successful with both airlines...however Emirates fell through and in my experience Etihad have treated me far better than Emirates. Dont put all your eggs in one basket...as you never know what may happen. Consider it that you dont have Emirates until you arrive in Dubai and start training!Best of luck with your flying career.

flygirl85
24th Oct 2009, 12:37
yeah i agree with you. i guess the only thing that really bothers me is that they dont even reply to emails.....i just wish we'd be told whats going on. i mean ive waited for almost a year now without hearing anything from them. i def. think were lucky to even have made it through as well

cragle
24th Oct 2009, 15:02
i send an email to recruitment one every other month and always get a reply. i emailed this week and was told keep chin up, still in the holding pool no news as to when next courses will start for english speakers.

zvrky
25th Oct 2009, 22:37
im really sad.

ive sent my application day before yesterday and ive got this answer:

"Thank you for your application for the above position with Etihad Airways.
I am sorry to say that we will not proceeding with your application on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways and please accept our best wishes for your future success.
Should this position become available after six months, you are welcome to apply again.
Alternatively, visit our careers website at http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire (http://ehire/) to see what other positions are currently available.
Once again, many thanks for your interest in Etihad Airways."

i mean why?

yes, i dont have customer service experience, but im at my final year of japanese, at best age, speak english and slovak beside that...

is something wrong with that or it's just because they don't have assassement days near my country )serbia)?

:{

p.s. with emirates ive reached the FI but i said im not free immediately for 4 months, some exams were in the middle, stupid stupid :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
:(

p.s. sorry for any spelling mistakes, quick typing:bored:

Young Flyer
26th Oct 2009, 01:33
I dont think they are recruiting in Serbia if you check their website you will see the countries and they are looking for arabic and Japanese speakers at moment. There is alot of us on a holding pool for months so they will not need more crew at moment until they start the people who are waiting. Just check website for serbia recruitment and then apply,you should get through then!

wajdute
27th Oct 2009, 17:13
This week we got sonme news from scandinavian recruit. they said that Etihad is not doing new trainings until next year January or february. So no new DOJ this year for uz who waits. They are sorry and so on.....

sorry for braking bad news, but any news is better that no news at all. And if anyone is thinking if this information is reliable i guess it is, couse everything scandinavian recruit told us so far was right on point :(

flygirl85
27th Oct 2009, 17:25
:ok: cool, thanks for sharing... at least now everyones got an idea of when training might start again

Young Flyer
27th Oct 2009, 19:50
They said they were waiting on new aircraft and then they would start us,wish the aircraft would yalla!

mellymoo
29th Oct 2009, 22:34
Still Waiting !!!

elisa4
30th Oct 2009, 06:59
Confirmed: we have a new 330-300 coming in December, so hang in there!

Nextstep
30th Oct 2009, 10:05
Hi everyone. I've got a question regarding to Reference Letters.
I am going to attend the assesment centre in Japan soon.
My company's policy that managers are not allowed to give a written reference, however they can give a reference over the phone only.
That means I can provide my managers contact details.
Is it really a problem as someone has mentioned that EY is really serious about documentations on the assesment centre.

Should I ask EY about this matter before I attend the interview??

want_to_fly
2nd Nov 2009, 10:42
hey guys! how's everyone going?

Is anybody here experiencing difficulties changing profile updates on the etihad career webpage? the 'update' button doesn't seem to be on it and I just want to change a few details...

anyway, so I hear training dates start soon so does that mean Etihad has ordered new planes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God bless

Az

Katsukid
3rd Nov 2009, 13:08
Apply for any job first online temporarily then you will be able to change your profile. After changing your profile you should withdraw the job you temporarily applied for. I had the same issue but when I tried the step I mentioned, I could update my own profile. Seems like some applicants who attended the assessment and didn't get through cannot change their profile for a certain period :ok:

valensi
4th Nov 2009, 05:32
Plenty more ADs scheduled throughout December, including a London one :ok:

Has anyone applied and been invited to, any of these new posted Assessment Days yet? I think Paris has been and gone already, but what about the others?

want_to_fly
4th Nov 2009, 08:24
thanks for your speedy reply. I attended an OD with them in March but failed to make it through to the next round. How long do I have to wait until I can update my job profile? Cos if there is one OD coming close to Australia again, I would wish to change some details and score myself a chance with another interview.

So what's new with Etihad nowadays? anyone got DOJ yet?

God bless

Katsukid
4th Nov 2009, 10:05
Great news is that they have started the recruitment in English-speaking country such as UK in December as valensi mentioned above. They have again opened the door for native English speakers.:)

I attended the AD in Tokyo in late September and got through the final interview but I have not heard anything from them yet! Just like some other people on hold in UK! A friend of mine also attended the AD in Tokyo on the same day as me but he already started the training on 1st of November.

According to the Japanese BBS for cabincrew wannabes(ƒLƒƒƒrƒ“ƒAƒeƒ“ƒ_ƒ“ƒg[‹qŽºæ–±ˆõ]’nãE AEî•ñ /// Crew Net ß (http://www.crew-jp.com)), they are holding three training courses this month and most of the trainees are Japanese since they are starting the service to Nagoya and Tokyo in the first quarter of 2010.

Hopefully I get a phone call from them soon! Fingers crossed.:ok:

want_to_fly
4th Nov 2009, 11:39
congratulations katsukid! The wait must be killing you a little but preserver, you will get it. Have faith :ok:

So going back to my question, do you know approximately how long I have to wait until I can log in and 'update' my job application successfully? I understand you said before by applying a diff. position and try updating it that way. I thought we only have to wait 6 months after if we didn't make it to the personal interview.

It must be exciting for your friend as well who is training over at Abu Dhabi!

Thanks for your help again :D

Katsukid
4th Nov 2009, 12:25
Woops! I forgot to answer your question in my last post... My apologies. Actually, I don't know the answer to that. I applied and sent my C.V. through cabincrew.com website this time then several days later I was called to the AD(although now I cannot apply for the position of cabin crew on the EY career website but I attended the assessment in September).

Probably you don't really have to worry about updating your profile on their career website because you can send your updated C.V. through cabincrew.com website as I did. When they hold the AD in Australia, they will notify on cabincrew.com website as well.

Hope this will help you.:)

Sydneybloggs
4th Nov 2009, 13:26
Hi guy's,

I have applied and was wondering how long it takes to get a reply or an invite? I'm from the UK and so so exited that they have an AD day in London and I really want to go.
Has anyone been invited to this AD in London yet??

Krissu85
4th Nov 2009, 16:25
I don't understand why they are doing new assessment days in London if they have still loads of people in the holding pool?? This doesn't make any sense...I'm one of the 15th Feb London Heathrow successful candidates and still waiting. The last e-mail I received from Kim was saying that they are now looking for arabic and japanese speakers. In this case I can understand that only English speakers are on hold. But now after seeing the London assessment days ad held in Dec I feel very disappointed and confused...what exactly is going on??? Those who are still waiting in London have not received any detailed information whatsoever....why to requite new english speakers??? To add them in the holding pool or are they planning to send them training straight away and just leave out us who have been waiting that long. That would be absolutely hostile and unfair if they would do such a thing.

So please if anybody knows what's going on kindly share it with us!

Bubee
5th Nov 2009, 14:45
Hi everyone:)
I have to agree with Krissu85, it is weird that they have new assessment days while so many of us are still waiting. But on the other hand,it might mean that they gonna go to the holding pool and things will move on with us. There are still two months till the end of 2009, don´t give up! :)
Btw...is here anybody from the april assessment in Prague?

BirisYuliya
6th Nov 2009, 15:40
Hello to everybody!! I agree also with Krissu85 (http://www.pprune.org/members/310981-krissu85) and Bubee (http://www.pprune.org/members/313755-bubee), they are looking for new people and it seems like the company is growing up, even in this economy situation, so good sign for us. I think they would not spend money for all assessments days for nothing, just to waist the time. Soon, they will use people from the holding pool (positively thinking). I was one of the successful candidates back in April , Moscow . Is anybody here from our group? Maybe, someone is already in?

flygirl85
6th Nov 2009, 17:02
i totally agree with all of u but i hope that means theyll be giving people in the holding pool starting dates soon. i hear training starts jan.? to be honest im not sure i believe it. i had my assessment day in march and dont know of anyone whos been told a starting date yet. lets hope for the best.

caramel23
7th Nov 2009, 22:03
HI EVERYBODY..
I HAD THE INTERVIEW WITH ETIHAD IN FEBRUARY 2009, AND WHEN I APPLIED AGAIN- NOV 2009 THEY WROTE THAT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 04/2010..WHY SO LONG??? ANY IDEAS, I THOUGHT IS ONLY 6MONTHS, LIKE FOR EMIRATES..?!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I AM CRAAAAAAZZZYYYYYYYY TO GO BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST!
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh:

flygirl85
10th Nov 2009, 10:32
i really dont know why that is, you should def. ask them cause theyre the only ones who will know. that shows youre very keen to join too so itll leave a good impression. normally its only 6 months so maybe they got it wrong?? dont give up though!

valensi
10th Nov 2009, 15:52
can I just ask; How do I re-apply if I already have an existing application on Etihad Careers website and have received AD invite in the past.. I tried 'Withdraw application' and now when I try new CC application form (to add new address and work history for example) I receive a message saying 'Application already exists!' I know this has been answered in the past but if anyone can just type out some very simple step-by-step instructions I'd be soooooo grateful as I'm a total computer failure.

merci a tous et toutes xo

Mari
11th Nov 2009, 15:23
Caramel,

I don`t know about Etihad but it seems to me that the rules are the same at both companies. This is from the Emirates homepage, FAQs section:

Candidates are short-listed and undergo an initial screening. Many will then be asked to participate in assessment exercises. Finally, those identified as having potential will be called for an interview. Candidates who fail to make it through the initial screening process may reapply after six months; those who are not successful after the interview may reapply after one year.

FAQ's | Cabin Crew | Explore Our Careers | Emirates Group Careers Centre (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/english/Careers_Overview/cabin_crew/faqs.aspx)

racheldebuitleir
13th Nov 2009, 12:31
Anyone here that went to the Japan and UAE assessments recently? Any news there?

Katsukid
14th Nov 2009, 00:29
Hi, racheldebuitleir!

I attended the AD in September in Tokyo, Japan and am still waiting.
They had another ADs at the beginning of this month in Osaka. I heard that about 20 candidates on each day got through the final interview.

racheldebuitleir
14th Nov 2009, 11:00
thank you for your reply! well done on getting through the stages! did you receive any indication on the day of when you might start training?

Dark Avenger
15th Nov 2009, 00:35
Hello.
I know there is a Cabin Crew Assessment day in London in Dec 7 & 8 with Etihad.
How can I apply for this event?
I registered on Etihad Website but I can't find any link to apply for this position.
Can someone please help me? :ok:

Thank You :O

Mari
15th Nov 2009, 06:36
Current Vacancies - Select division: Cabin Crew - Click on Cabin Crew when it comes up - there is an Apply button down, after job description

Invitation is needed for the Assessment Day.

Good luck!

Dark Avenger
15th Nov 2009, 08:17
Mary... thank you... but.. they will invite me to the nearest assessment?
I can't see any London location.
Thank You

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobListing.aspx
Cabin Crew (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobListing.aspx#) Department: Crew Management Location: Abu Dhabi Expiry Date: 31/12/2009

P.S.
Is there any age limitation like EK?

Katsukid
16th Nov 2009, 00:40
Hi, racheldebuitleir!

No, I have not heard anything from them so far. I called them last week and they said they were still reviewing my C.V. Also they said probably they are going to contact me some time this week. I hope they will bring nice news.:)

Sas1986
16th Nov 2009, 10:09
Hello

Just to give some hope to everybody waiting, I woke up this morning to two missed calls off a uae number. When i rang it back it was Celeste, she offered me start dates of either 13th December or 24th Jan. I went with the Jan start date :) Im so excited, all the waiting is lmost finally over.

Hopefully everybody will start getting calls too x

racheldebuitleir
16th Nov 2009, 10:59
I got a call too. Im starting on Dec 13th. I would have liked to start after Christmas, but I wasnt given a choice of dates really. I feel so lucky to finally get a date at all that I'll just go with what I got :)

flygirl85
16th Nov 2009, 15:17
omg guys I am sooooo excited, ive waited for almost a year!! i got a missed call from Celeste too but now its too late to call back. Ill def. keep trying to call back all morning tomorrow, I think I'll get my start date too then. Wow, Ive waited for this call for so long. :O Im so happy

Yvette8610
16th Nov 2009, 17:12
Re-applying
How do I re-apply if I already have an existing application on Etihad Careers website and have received AD invite in the past..I'm in the same boat...:confused: After trying several times to update/re-apply..I get the same message: "Application already exists"..:*

Did you manage to work out a solution Valensi? Or anyone else facing the same trouble and having a hint maybe?

Thank you.

Sas1986
16th Nov 2009, 18:30
Im so glad everything is starting to get moving again :) Flygirl85 are you going to take the Etihad or Emirates job? x

cragle
17th Nov 2009, 08:21
im gutted, really thought i would get a call today wth all the brits getting call yesterday :(

Krissu85
17th Nov 2009, 09:06
I'm from LHR feb assessment day....and haven't received call so far :{ first when I opened this forum just now I got really excited but now feel sad as nothing for me......

Krissu85
17th Nov 2009, 09:16
Firstly congratulations!!! It's so exciting that things seem to start moving again :ok:

Rachel have you done your medicals yet as you can start on 13th Dec? How long it usually takes to get all the medical tests done? As I have understood it can take a while? And does anyone know what is the cost of this?

Young Flyer
17th Nov 2009, 15:59
I havent received the call either and I was at Dublin ad,feeling anxious now and about the start dates,do they give a chose of when you can start?

flygirl85
17th Nov 2009, 16:45
Im starting on the 13th of Dec too :O I didnt get to choose between 2 dates, I think more people prefered the Jan. course so it was prob. full right away. Celeste said that training had been on hold for a while and is now starting again. If they didnt need more people they wouldnt hold ADs again so Im sure its gonna be your turn soon!! I hope theyre gonna have some Feb and March dates as well and your wait will finally be over! Fingers crossed x

cragle
17th Nov 2009, 17:10
im glad you got your date flygirl x

flygirl85
17th Nov 2009, 17:51
thanks :) thats so nice of you! Ive cerainly waited long enough :rolleyes:

flygirl85
17th Nov 2009, 21:08
i speak 2 languages but most people dont so it doesnt matter, dont worry about it! :)

mmariel_08
18th Nov 2009, 02:10
Hi Mary!I am Mariel from Argentina, am writing because I wouldlike to kno if you are workin in emirates airlines,I wold like to know how is for a woman to work in this arline,and how do you feel?
I am wiating for the answer from Dubai BUT i am a litle scare about the kind of treat we have
thanks!:)

flygirl85
18th Nov 2009, 16:31
Im taking the etihad offer. they gave me a start date first so Ill go with them but I think theyre both awesome airlines and I would have been happy to work for either. I think I'll like Abu Dhabi as much as Dubai. I dont have to do the medicals yet, they changed the procedure and now you just have to fill in a form about any medical conditions you have (just tick yes or no). The actual medicals will be done in Abu Dhabi then.
only 3 weeks to go now :} Im nervous lol

AUH
19th Nov 2009, 05:47
Congratulations for those who have been given start dates!!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif Was wondering if anyone waiting from Australia or those still waiting from Feb/Mar have received a training date??? !!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Krissu85
19th Nov 2009, 08:58
Oh that's good news that we don't have to do medicals on our expense before going :)

Still waiting for the lucky call.....

racheldebuitleir
19th Nov 2009, 11:09
For those who havent been called yet, dont torture yourself thinking about it too much. EVERY time that there was news on this forum about someone getting a call, all the rest of us who didnt get a call were getting a bit bummed out about it...but everyones own time will come soon so just try to forget about it (and dont be trying to figure out why some people were called before others)and the phone will ring when you least expect it! :)

Flygirl85 - where are you flying from when going to AUH?

abigailnoo
19th Nov 2009, 15:59
Has anyone here applied for the AD in Frankfurt on 14 & 15 Dec? Have you guys got any answer where the AD will be held? It would be great if you could PM me the name of the recruiting agency..

Thank you so much in advance.

Abigail

saviboy
20th Nov 2009, 03:16
Hi one of my friend is interested in a cabin crew position with Etihad. she speaks english as well as Russian. do you know if Etihad is currently interested by russian speaking crews?
thanks

KorDenSer
20th Nov 2009, 07:10
Hi, SAVIBOY! As far as I know Etihad Airways held an assessment day for russian speaking candidates on the 17th of April 2009 in Moscow so I think they will be interested in russian cabin crew in the future. Good luck to your friend!

mellymoo
21st Nov 2009, 18:15
Wow, to all fo you starting so soon. I am another Brit awaiting for a start date as well feb assessment date. Am currently overseas so my phone is switched off so very often - hopefully we will all get called soon I know there was a new aircraft coming in December - will send over a message to them to see that they havent forgotten me xx Well done to the ones going xx

prognosis
21st Nov 2009, 20:38
Hey AUH, yes still waiting... Had my AD in Melbourne back in March. Hopefully soon though!

AUH
23rd Nov 2009, 10:01
Thanks Prognosis,

My AD was in Sydney also in March. Was your AD on the 7th or 8th in Melb? I heard there are quite a few of you still waiting for a training date from those days - have you heard of any of them starting yet? Also I think I read you were also waiting on Emirates. Which will you choose?

Chadfunky
23rd Nov 2009, 12:03
Hi guys...

I applied for the London AD, but I haven't heard whether I will be invited. My status still says 'Applied'. I applied about two weeks ago. I just wanted to know if other people have been invited, or have they simply not got around to inviting people yet. I'm confident I would be the type of person they are looking for (4 years CS experience, 3 languages, well presented). The date is approaching, and I'm not sure what I should do. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers.

SeatbeltsFastened
23rd Nov 2009, 23:15
Chadfunky,

I have also applied for the London dates & haven't heard anything. From everyone I know who applied (some with experience & extra languages, some without) no one has been contacted. Therefore i'm hoping it's because EY haven't gotten around to inviting people yet (that's what i'm telling myself anyway!). I also have a few years experience & i speak Japanese, which i know is a language they are looking for right now as they began flights to Japan next year.

Fingers crossed we get an invite soon. I'll let you know if i hear anything from them.

Good luck! :ok:

Cava Queen
24th Nov 2009, 10:52
Hi guys,

I applied back in May this year and haven't been invited for the London Assessment Day happening early Dec in London either.

I have dropped them an email and tried to call but can't get through. I'm hoping they haven't forgotten about us?

I'm thinking realistically that it's unlikely at this late stage that we will be invited. Hopefully, if not they will have more recruitment days in the UK to follow and SOON.

Will peeps continue to post on this forum if they get an invite - that way at least we'll know whether we just haven't been selected.

Having attended an Emirates Assesment day yesterday a lot of the people were raving about Etihad and what a great company it is to work for which is re-assuring anyway. Although it's just hearsay the money is supposed to be considerably better than the Emirates package, but both are great companies to work for I'm sure.

Best of luck everyone.

x x

yucyme
24th Nov 2009, 11:12
Still Waiting

Fly_01
24th Nov 2009, 11:14
Hello,
could you please help me, how do I reply for an assesment day?
I have allready been invited for one about 8 month ago, but now i would like to go to Frankfurt... I allready have a profile on their website.
Does anybody know how can i update my CV on their site or how can I aply for the new assesment day?
Thank you wery much for reply.

Hawaii2009
24th Nov 2009, 18:37
Hi everyone!
I have a scoliosis and I am wondering how many degrees is allowed to have.
I know that in Qatar Airways is allowed to have maximum 15 degrees.
What about other airline like Etihad or Emirates?
Does anyone know?
Please help!
:sad:

Asianberry
24th Nov 2009, 20:04
Hey Cava Queen where did you find about their Assessment Day? I checked it their website but couldn't find it, and we are talking about the Etihad Cadetship programme right?

Cava Queen
25th Nov 2009, 09:38
Just re-read your post, no we're talking about cabin crew hun, maybe you need the pilot part of pprne? Don't know much about that sorry but good luck. x:)

Krissu85
25th Nov 2009, 15:27
Finally this morning I got the CALL :} and my DOJ is 24th January 2010 which is perfect as I have enough time to organize everything and get ready for moving to Abu Dhabi!
I'm soooo excited and over the moon as have been waiting since February and can't believe this is actually happening!
Can't wait to get everything sorted and start with the training :}

All those who are still waiting - it IS going to happen for you and you get the call when you least expect :ok: like I got the call today while on the crowded bus going to work :)

Who else is starting on 24th Jan?

cragle
26th Nov 2009, 00:16
well done mate

tetisheri
26th Nov 2009, 07:59
congrats Krissu85 and good luck.
Does anyone here who attended the AD in Lebanon?

rayanair1
26th Nov 2009, 13:40
:ok:CAN somone help me how to sucess my op with EY ?

Hawaii2009
26th Nov 2009, 14:13
Hi everyone!
I have a scoliosis and I am wondering how many degrees is allowed to have.
I know that in Qatar Airways is allowed to have maximum 15 degrees.
What about other airline like Etihad or Emirates?
Does anyone know?
Please help!
:sad:

racheldebuitleir
27th Nov 2009, 10:51
Hey guys,

If there are any people here who have already started with Etihad that would like to offer those of us who are joining in Dec and Jan some tips/advice about joining, that would be great. Will we be in a hotel during training? How is the Etihad Crew Village coming along? What kind of things other than the obvious, would be a good idea to bring..what will we not need...for example I know that Emirates provide a start up package basically including things for the house like duvet, clothes hangars etc....but will there be any of that already in the Etihad accomodation or not?

Is there anything particuarly useful you can share with us at this point?

Thanks.

busygirl
28th Nov 2009, 04:22
Hello Everyone!
Anyone else is waiting in the holding pool? I had my AD in february at LHR.
Just asking, because it seems that quiet few people received phone calls to start in december and january.
I just want to find out if I´m the last one standing???:ugh:

Kay17
28th Nov 2009, 07:57
hello there anyone knows when is etihad having other open days??

AUH
28th Nov 2009, 11:47
Hi Busygirl, I am still waiting from Australia. My AD was in March!!! Almost a year has gone by waiting... I hope I get a phone call soon!!!

wajdute
28th Nov 2009, 17:06
mine was in january, still no call. no hope to get one too :)

julia82
29th Nov 2009, 11:19
Hi,
I'm also from january assessment (in Tallin) and can't understand why haven't they contacted us yet?! They chose people from may, june etc and they forget, january february ones- is that possible- or is there a certain reason for that?

flygirl85
29th Nov 2009, 11:58
julia, i really dont know :( but at least theyre calling people and started training!! at emirates everythings frozen just now, god knows when theyll start training people again.
when i got my call the woman said that recruitment was on hold for a few months and has now started again so im 100% positive theres gonna be more than 2 training courses! i know the waiting is horrible, i waited for almost a year too :rolleyes:

Krissu85
30th Nov 2009, 08:57
Have you heard anything from them since receiving the call and sending them the medical form? What do you think how long will it take to sort out the paperwork and visa? How long it usually takes when everything is sorted?

I got the call just on wednesday so I guess am a bit impatient :O

Chadfunky
30th Nov 2009, 19:45
Has anyone been invited to the upcoming London AD? Still trying to figure out if I have missed out, or if they just haven't invited people yet.

Cheers.

faerie flyer
1st Dec 2009, 08:02
Hi there everyone, I worked for 8 yrs with EK, leaving in 2005 as Purser. I left to get married and have a baby. (due in a week!).

I'm REALLY keep to come back to the UAE but would like a new challenge and am interested in EY rather than returning to EK.

I have a number of questions;

I am 36 now, interested in joining in the early new year. Possible you think or too old now?
I would love to return as crew, but given the opportunity as Cabin Manager (with my experience even if I left in 2005, possible?).
What's the difference between Cabin Manager and the now advertised ON board F&B Managers. (is it like SFS on EK maybe?)
Is there a big difference in pay scale between the two positions and do both offer single accommodation? (if not how much are the living out allowances do you know?)
What are the up to date salaries of Cabin Manager/F&B managers if different?
What opportunities lie in EY to create a career in other areas, ie Recruitment or Training. (perhaps later on)
EK offers maternity, I've done my bit already, but have friend from EK who's thinking of joining EY and asked me to ask.
What happens to new 'manager' positions during training. My hubby and baby will be joining me in AUH, however can they come immediately or do we need to rent straight away somewhere for the 8 weeks training? Any suggestions on decent area's in AUH, I only know DXB.
Has anything approved for the rent to buy schemes everyone moaned about a few years ago. Are there smaller 2 bed townhouses or apts available for crew, if so, in which areas (or just luxury 3M Dhs villa's for flight deck?).
Does anyone know of good rental/purchase site for accommodation and suggestions for area's that are nice but not too expensive. (towards DXB way if poss, for hubby's job in DXB.)
I've asked LOADS I know, but am really keen to find out the whole truth...I'm excited and cautious at the same time. Anyone's help would be very helpful.
Any of you joined around July 1997 EK in DXB and moved to EY? What are the biggest differences in atmosphere and work ethics.Thanks again everyone.....:ok:

faerie flyer
1st Dec 2009, 08:13
Hi again, sorry I forgot to write something else?...

Anyone know of upcoming interview dates for Cabin Managers or F&B Managers (is that the same thing?). I live in Italy, but could get to Switzerland too for an interview.
Does anyone know if they really want you and there are no dates coming up in your area/country, would they call you and give you a phone interview instead?
EK has a certain 'look' of crew I think, does EY have the same? Or is it based more on experience and capabilities....?
Are there oldies like me in EY with kids? Or just singletons?
I flew with EK for 8 yrs, leaving as Purser in 2005...is that enough flying experience to get in as Cabin Manager or F&B Manager (same thing?) or does it have to be very recent flying experience, as it says 'within last 18 months or so'.
I also have an HND in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management Diploma, plus Hygiene...Mother tongue English, speak Italian and French too, plus other 3 languages at a basic level....Anyone think this is enough to get in?
I really miss my JOB!!! I just want to get into EY! HELP!:O
Interviews in 2010 where and when?
Total salaries and accommodation living out allowance details for Cabin manager/F&B Manager or is that same thing?
I am married with a baby, is that a problem for EY?Thanks.....again....all feedback very very welcome.

faerie flyer
1st Dec 2009, 08:25
Hi Fly girl,
You say that recruitment with EK is frozen. Well, as an ex-purser with EK I'm still very much in contact with a bunch of people there, including friends who are trainers. I happen to know that the recruitment 'ice over' has now been unfrozen (very recently) so if you or Julia or whoever were waiting for a reply re a course date at EK, they have definately restarted their relentless training process and recruitment searching.
Good luck to those who are applying or about to start with EK...it's a fab airline too!
Anyone know of anything for me for EY.
xx:)

AINI
1st Dec 2009, 14:28
Okay, just to make clear for everyone the difference between Cabin Manager and Food/Beverage Manager in Etihad...........
Cabin Manager or Purser in other airlines - is in charge of the entire flight. CM gets single one bedroom apartment (if available)
after CM is Cabin Senior, deputy of CM working in Economy cabin as L4 and in charge of economy. The salary of CS is between CM and FBM

FB Manager is NOT a manager of the flight. FB Manager works in Premium zones, the same work as other premium zone crew. Except that FB manager wears different uniform and is in charge of the food and beverage onboard, making sure passengers are satisfied with their meals and drinks. FB managers is in charge of writing reports regarding food onboard. FB manager's salary is a big higher then premium zones crew but less them Cabin manager. FBM share the accommodation with other FBM or a normal crew. If you wanna apply for FBM you need previous experience in a hotel or a restaurant......
FB manager is part of the crew, not a Purser :ok:

flygirl85
2nd Dec 2009, 21:15
sorry caramel i really dont know. cant they help you, have you emailed?

I have a question too; are chicago and new york the only 2 destinations in the U.S. Etihad flys to?

AINI
3rd Dec 2009, 05:19
Yes, in US only Chicago and NY. and Toronto in Canada

rayanair1
3rd Dec 2009, 07:47
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifCAN you please help me how to sucess my op with EY ? i have an invitation for OD in london sool
thnx

abigailnoo
3rd Dec 2009, 16:11
Hi everyone,

Has anybody got an invitation to the AD in FRA on 14 and 25 Dec?
I have applied since 6 weeks ago, but no news at all :(

Thanks.

Boomster
3rd Dec 2009, 22:04
Hey people
I recieved an email today inviting me to the LHR AD on 8th Dec. I am SO nervous.
I have a question on behalf of a friend. Are Etihad strict on the height restriction? A friend of mine is 5ft and really wants to apply but wants to know about the height restriction... is it strict or are they flexible?

lauralou
4th Dec 2009, 09:58
Hi there, yes they are strict. If you can't do their "reach test" (I can't remember what height it is but I'm sure it's on their careers page), you will be asked to leave. At my AD in LHR a few girls were seen stretching their limbs and doing exercises outside hoping that would help. I'm 5ft 9" and they still made me do it!! :)

Good Luck! It's a long long day!

starsandrainbow
4th Dec 2009, 11:39
hi guys,

does anyone here have had their assessment with etihad recently?i have a question to ask. on the application form attached with the email they sent it says bring 2x coloured photographs. what sort of photographs are they looking for in particular? i wasnt sure if its casual or formal (on a business attire) they are looking for? hope someone could help me pleassee

thank you guys

racheldebuitleir
4th Dec 2009, 12:58
I cant remember what exactly was written on the forms but I remember that I brought 4 passport photos and I also brought a full length colour photo in business attire. For the full length photo make sure you are groomed as you would be for working at Etihad...hair, nails, shoes etc all to standard. No jewellery, tattoos visible etc. Make sure both legs are showing ( not one behind the other) and hands by your sides are better than behind your back.

starsandrainbow
4th Dec 2009, 13:27
thanks rachel. are you working for etihad now? im excited for my AD nxt week but im quite nervous though because it seems that EY is more strict in recruitment than qatar airways. thanks again ill get my phots ready then..:)

starsandrainbow
4th Dec 2009, 13:31
boomster are you going on the 8th for etihad AD? i am too. your are not the only who is nervous :ooh:

Sydneybloggs
5th Dec 2009, 09:05
Hiya
I applied for Etihad ages ago and I have had no response. I would love to go the the UK AD. Well done to the people who have an invite. When did you apply?? Good Look to all of you. Fingers crossed.xx

tetisheri
6th Dec 2009, 09:22
etiha published the new assessment days in their website.check this out
: ETIHAD Airways | News | Detail (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=18)

want_to_fly
6th Dec 2009, 10:23
Good news Etihad is still resuming their recruitment after December! And for some reason, I cannot update my job application on the web page! Guess I have to wait until March where I had my last interview. Funny thing is, I didn't make it to the last round and they still block me from updating after 6 months? Anybody here experience the same situation?

Anyway, a friend of mine got the golden call a few weeks back and she's now waiting for her contract. From what I remember she told me Etihad will fly her out mid January, and she had her OD March in Sydney.

For those who are waiting, have no fear but have faith! God will hear your prayers and keep your heads up!

God bless :ok:

yucyme
7th Dec 2009, 06:22
got a call from Etihad today.:}
employment start date jan 31st
anyone in the same batch ???
fyi, assessment was on feb 8th, 2009

Young Flyer
7th Dec 2009, 12:36
Hi everyone my start date is 24 Jan my ad was in may in Dub so excited!! Good luck to everyone waiting you will hear soon

yucyme
7th Dec 2009, 14:35
youngflyer,
they offered me jan 24 and jan 31st start date, and I chose jan 31st, gives me a couple days more at home.:}
Good luck to you.
Hope to hear from anyone joining on the same date.

anthmack
7th Dec 2009, 20:57
Was anyone here recruited at the AUH assessment on the 3rd of June this year? Have been waiting for a start date since (although they did say it would be the last quarter 2009 first quarter 2010 before training would start)

Anyone else had a really long wait in the holding pool? Am getting a little nervous thinking i may no longer have a job? If anyone can shed some light would be really appreciated!

Ant :bored:

barrett1987
8th Dec 2009, 02:10
march 18th i had my Assement day.

Still waiting. In fact i will call tomorrow to see if i am due a spot on one of the january assement days.

cragle
8th Dec 2009, 06:40
february 14th ad London...still waiting.feel like the only one left from my day

julia82
8th Dec 2009, 07:19
It seems like I am the one who has been waiting the longest (january!) and still no call- tried to call them but the line is always busy...Which tel no do you dial guys?

Tanietta
8th Dec 2009, 16:21
to julia: actually........ me also........ i had my assesment day in january in Tallinn........ and till today........ didnt get any call........ and also my friend with the same situation........ :ugh:

julia82
8th Dec 2009, 19:15
My AD was also in Tallin- 26th! So we were in the same AD! I thought I was the only one from january.. hope they will call us- as I get crazy from this waiting- It's almost a year now:(
I feel really happy for those who got the call (CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!) and also I wish I were in your situation as it gets so frustrating not to know how to plan your own life,right?:)
Just sthg positive for the end- imagine how great the party will be- when we already reach UAE:)
So- ETIHAD-come on- call us:D we're exhausted ;)

Fla
8th Dec 2009, 22:18
I attended the final interview with etihad and then got an e-mailed saying i've been successfull and now my application is been put through for the necessary clearances and approvals. That was 2 months ago.

I have contacted them since asking the status of my application and they replied saying they would get back to me.... that was 3 weeks ago. Has anyone from the Dublin interviews been contacted since and is this normal. Would just like to know whats going on!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

SeatbeltsFastened
9th Dec 2009, 23:53
Hi guys,

Has anyone else been invited to the Frankfurt assessment on 14th December??

:ok:

Fla
10th Dec 2009, 12:30
I know they said to me if im not placed on a course within 6 months that I might have to go through part of the recruitment process again so if your waiting that long I would definately call them see whats going on.

Im just anxious too because I haven't heard anything from them but why bother going through the whole process with us if they don't want us. I'd say things are prob put on hold till the new year.... well thats what im hoping.:sad:

flygirl85
10th Dec 2009, 13:05
Hi Marie,

yes that its something they do and yes that is a bit unprofessional. i felt exactly the same as you. then all of the sudden i got the call and obviously Im really excited but I still totally agree with you thats its not ok just let people hang there witout letting them know whats happening. I also think they could at least make the effort of replying to emails. But they have started recruiting again so you can get your call any day!

Fla
10th Dec 2009, 13:15
I've seen on one of the previous posts about the medical. It is only the form you tick yes or no. Well I had to do that at my interview. So i wonder will this mean that since this change in proceedure will it quicken up the process?? or does anyone know anything about this??

JJL
10th Dec 2009, 14:56
Hi,

I am just new here :D and I applied online at Etihad 4 days ago. But I haven't heard anything since. And now I read that several people got an email right away after their application.

Do I have to worrie? My status still says Applied.

Fla
10th Dec 2009, 15:24
Hi JJL,

If there is an Assessment Day or open day near you they usually get back to you in a few days. If there isn't you'll be waiting until they are having one.

Hope this helps.

mellymoo
10th Dec 2009, 20:49
Hi guys

I am still awaiting LHR 16th Feb!! no news is good news but now i am not hearing anything from the recruiters either!!

Fla
10th Dec 2009, 21:50
Its not cool making people wait that long. I shouldn't be complaining I've only been waiting 3 months. But maybe you should call them again mellymoo. Cos they said to me if im not on a course in 6 months i'l have to go through recruitment again.

desertwarrior
11th Dec 2009, 01:48
Hey Fla, if it's any comfort, pilots get the same treatment. After my interview I got one email saying I was successful, and another saying I was unsuccessful...on the same day! The recruitment and sorting out the hiring is a little chaotic, but you will get through eventually. Good luck

barrett1987
11th Dec 2009, 12:07
Fla, having recently PASSED the AD day, can you tell us exactly what you were told about when you would join?

This will be a help in trying to work out some stuff.

thank you.

Fla
11th Dec 2009, 14:41
Barrett 1987, This is the email they send to me

We are happy to inform you that we will continue to process your application for all the necessary clearances and approvals. Your file isn’t complete at the moment as we are still pending reference checks.

Because we are not presently offering you employment, do not resign from your current job until you have received, reviewed, signed, and returned an offer of employment to Etihad Airways.

At this time, we would like to advise you that your file will be placed into a holding pool along with many other Cabin Crew Applicants. When Cabin Crew courses become available, we will contact you accordingly. Should you not be placed on a course in the next 6 months, you may be required to undergo some or all elements of the recruitment process again.

Im just hoping that they'l call soon. Have you called them recently??

busygirl
11th Dec 2009, 18:12
MELLYMOO!
I´m still waiting as well, since february! I´m so fed up! I wrote them 2 e-mails and left a message on the voicemail which comes up every time I call, but no reply at all. I´m giving up hopes.
Specially that now when I read what they say...if you´re not employed within 6 months than you have to go through the whole procedure again???:ugh:

Fla
11th Dec 2009, 18:53
Busygirl,

I think you prob should be gettin a call soon. If you were unsuccessful they would have informed you by now. It seems like some people are unlucky to be waiting almost a year. But I think all the AD's and OD's since August they have more structure to waiting time. Well thats what i think.

Cava Queen
12th Dec 2009, 08:21
Oh no guys that isn't good. Poor you - I really sympathise. I applied back in February 09 and got invited to the assesment day at Heathrow last week. Everyone I spoke to there had only just applied, which struck me as odd. Surely there must be hundreds of people like me waiting for a chance to attend the first UK assesment day in months but been forgotten about somehow? What I mean is, it didn't seem to matter if you have been waiting 9 months or 9 days you just got thrown in together.

I might be being unfair but I'm wondering if they are a bit disorganised with their recruitment. I have heard they recieve somewhere in the region of 15,000 applications per week worldwide, which is a lot for any small department to deal with.

My advice to anyone would be to stay in touch with them, keep on their cases but in a nice way. Always start the emails with "I'm so sorry to bother you when you're so busy, but" and charm the pants of them. They would find it very hard to ignore you forever! Sometimes it pays to be a bit of a pain in the ass. :)

Must say I really enjoyed the open day, I thought the recruiters were lovely. I did make it through the final stage and got a good vibe but you can never tell with these things. Anyway even if I were to be successful, by the sounds of it, it is nothing to be excited about yet as I may be waiting a very long time for anything to come off!

I have my fingers crossed for everyone. x x

mellymoo
13th Dec 2009, 17:53
Hi all the waiting pool!!

I did send a message to the recruiters to say that I would be whizzing in and out of the UK.

I got a message saying let us know if any of your plans change that was in October and I can understand if they make us do the recruitment day again as Emirates did that.

i am a bit disillusioned as to what is happening I cant phone them as I am in another country and work strange hours abroad so its a bit hard for me.

But hey ho surely it will be soon I hope!!:ugh::ugh:

Cava Queen
14th Dec 2009, 07:33
Did anyone on this forum attend the open day on the 8th Dec at LHR and make it to the final stage? If so, have you been contacted yet? Thanks

Campess80
14th Dec 2009, 15:30
I'm from Brazil and I've made some researches about Etihad's open days here and everything I found was related to a last prescreening process which took place around February and March this year. I took a look at their website and there was no information about any open days here in Brazil soon. I wonder if there is anybody in this forum who has some information, especially any information about the representative here in Brazil (as far as I know his name is Ramyro Junior) so I could get in touch with him.

Thanks in advance and I hope I can have a chance with Etihad. I heard nice things about this company and I am really interested in apply for a job with them.

Cava Queen
15th Dec 2009, 07:08
Hey guys,

Just to let you know I received the 'you have been successful email' also. It very clearly states like Fla's email that I should not consider this an offer of employment and that if they don't place me on a training course within 6 months, that I will have to take part in the recruitment process again!

Seems a bit silly, if they have all these people waiting in the holding pool then why start a huge recruitment campaign? It doesn't make sense. Surely they should be dealing with the guys in the holding pool first and foremost as it doesn't seem fair otherwise.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know about any correspondence I have from them & lets keep our fingers crossed they get dozens of training courses scheduled in the new year. Come on global economy, pick up and lets get back in the air! ;)

x

pratu
15th Dec 2009, 10:46
Hi every one I am new user in this forum by reading this forum every time i found it very informative so i would like to use this link i m sorry if anytime i will ask silly question do forgive me but plz do give me information as i m unknown to it.My first question is what is the requirments for etihad ariways cabin crew since i applied recently i got a reply saying unsuccessful application.When i applied for emirates airline i got shortlisted but could not attend because i missed the date.and says that i cannot attend for six months.

KorDenSer
15th Dec 2009, 10:58
Hi guys! Did anybody else get a DOJ for January or February 2010?

mellymoo
15th Dec 2009, 21:16
Wish I had KorDenSer, but still nothing!!!

valensi
16th Dec 2009, 14:39
I was recently shrortlisted and invited to the LHR Assessment Day on Dec 8th, the invite only came on Dec 3rd and I saw it after the 8th; I wouldn't have been able to attend anyway as I was out of the country.

Now, I'm going to be back in Dubai in the New Year, and would really like to attend the AUH assessment day on Jan 13th - but someone has mentioned it's for Arabic speakers only... anyone have any info on that?

And, since i didnt even attend the AD i was invited to, what are my chances of being invited to an alternative AD? I responded to the invitation email stating that I was away and could i attend in AUH instead but have had no response, and now on my online application i can't update my details (i thought i could change the current address/home address round from the UK to the UAE... but the 'update application' link has disappeared)

Any ideas from anybody, very much appreciated!

And to anyone who was at the LHR AD - how did it go and what was your group exercise?

kisses xo

leelu87
16th Dec 2009, 19:33
hey everyone...i just received an email from Etihad for an interview this monday...does anyone have any helpful hints like what to wear and what questions to be prepared for...im pretty nervous so any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks :) :sad:

Fla
16th Dec 2009, 19:41
Hey leelu87,
Congrats been asked to meet etihad. Anyways make sure you are dressed formally and look clean and tidy. Appearance is very important. The first thing that happens when you go in is the height test. After this you have an English test testing your grammer, then after this you are given another exam where you are asked to answer customer service based questions, and how have you worked well in a team in the past and questions like that so be prepared. After this then is teamwork where you work in groups of 8 or 9. You are given a task and they observe how well you work part of a team. There are no right or wrong answers in this they are just observing you. After this people will be cut. The remaining people will stay for the final interview. During the interview, you will fill out forms, medical form, references education details etc. In the interview they will ask you specifically when you showed good customer service, when you have encountered problems. They will also ask you about etihad and what you know about Abu Dhabi.

I hope this is of help to you and good luck at the AD.:ok:

leelu87
16th Dec 2009, 20:02
aww thanks sooo much...i had to get everything ready quickly...so i only have transcripts not certificates or diplomas. hopefully i live between abu dhabi and us so maybe itll help me out....thanks again;)

Fla
16th Dec 2009, 21:11
If you have lived in Abu Dhabi and US they will love you!! I lived in Abu Dhabi last year and when I had my interview in Dublin they loved the fact I wanted to go back and I definately felt it worked to my advantage. So god luck im sure you'l do great!!! They are really nice and they make you feel very relaxed during the whole process:ok:

flying_vicky
19th Dec 2009, 17:01
is it possible to apply by cabincrew.com web-site instead of Etihad career homepage?
I've heard someone who apply via cabincrew.com~

does anybody know some info about it, please reply me.
Thanks~!!

barrett1987
20th Dec 2009, 19:12
They are only taking on Women at the momment for training dates. As per recent phone call. Men in holding pool be patient.

julia82
20th Dec 2009, 20:12
I got a call this morning!!!It was so unexpected-as it was Sunday!i was taking a shower and when I have heart the phone ringing I thought it was my sister and I didn't want to answer:D Happily after a minute of them calling I took a phone and it was Etihad! I was so exited that I was only aswering "yes, yes" all the time :D:D:D My date of joining is 17th January, but I have to leave on 14th. I also don't have to do the medicals in Poland.. strange- just have to fill out the questionaire... I can't believe it has finally happened..I hope all of us who have been waiting so long will meet in AD so soon!

yucyme
20th Dec 2009, 21:36
hello, congrats!
My d.o.j is jan 31st.
funny thing is I only had to send questionnaire too.. No medicals.

mellymoo
22nd Dec 2009, 15:38
well done to you all for getting the call - i am still waiting i do know that yucyme you have waited a very long time since Jan I am still awaiting as of Feb - i hope it happens soon would be nice to get that call for Christmas!!

julia82
22nd Dec 2009, 19:54
You will get the call soon- I'm pretty sure! I thought I would be the last one to get one as I'd been waiting since Jan -so if I got the call- then everyone will get it too- relax and forget about them- then you will be so suprised one very happy day ;)
At least we stay at home for Christmas :)

mellymoo
25th Dec 2009, 23:43
thaks julia still frustrating though i wonder why its taking so long to give the Jan and Feb their DOJ's?? I have security clearance from BAA so wonder why it is taking them longer over there?? strange, but hopefully we wll all hear soon xx

julia82
28th Dec 2009, 13:11
I'm sorry- I have no idea, as I lost my password :d and haven't checked the account for months... But it might be interesting to get to know..anyone else knows sthg?

Dark Avenger
28th Dec 2009, 13:47
Hi everybody.
I'm currently registered in Etihad career web site.
I'd like to attend to Milan 2010 assessment but I have some doubt about it.

I'm gonna show you the exact procedure I follow while entering the web site and the doubts I have about this procedure.

I log in and in "My Workspace" I read this:
Jobs Applied 1.

Cabin Crew [CC01] Division: Cabin Crew Department: Crew Management Job Type: Permanent Location: Abu Dhabi Application Reference Number: EY/09/11/xxxx
Application :
View Application Withdraw Application

Since this application is a "generic" one... will this be valid for Milan Assessment?

I can read this other message in my mailbox regarding the above application:

Opening Date: 07/10/2006
Expiry Date: 31/12/2009 (Do I have to re apply then to be in Milan??)
Job Type: Permanent
Applied Date: 15/11/2009

I wonder if this will be enough or I have to apply somewhere else to be in Milan the 25th Jan.

I can't find any useful link which explain to me how apply correctly.

Hope you can help me.
Thank You all.

Fla
28th Dec 2009, 14:30
Dark Avenger
I think you are fine, nothing to worry about. You have applied before the expiry date so you are fine. I don't even think that expiry date means anything anyways.. they are gonna change it again on the 1st of Jan
Best of luck. Hope you get invited to the AD!!:ok:

yucyme
28th Dec 2009, 17:07
hey hopefully this helps, i don't think there is any rules on the application status, because mine said
"unsuccessful" and i got the call.
now it's a matter of time io ghet the clearances.. fingers xed!!

Dark Avenger
28th Dec 2009, 17:11
yucyme that surprise me a bit!

What weird way they have to recruit?? :)

They say NO then they hire you!! :ugh:

Funny isn't it?! :)

I'm happy for you BTW :D

yucyme
28th Dec 2009, 21:07
hello again!
thanks for all your nice wishes.
My AD was beginning of FEB so I was slowly losing hope and frankly,
I do not know what did it, but when I got the call it was one of those "could this be real???'' things.
Like julia, I just kept saying yes, yes, yes, I told them I am basically packed and ready to go :-)
DOJ is 31st JAN 2010 and so far it's been 2 weeks since I got the offer that I am waiting to hear from them after signing the offer.
oh and one more thing I found out the two other people from my
AD just finished their training, I had no clue until just 2 weeks ago.
I am really really hoping they call you too.
I have been waiting so much... almost one year.
best of luck all!!

JJL
29th Dec 2009, 12:21
Hi,

I applied online and did not hear anything the last couple of weeks. But the last couple of days I could not update my application.

Now I wanted to update something, and I did not know why I could not update it, so I wrote an email to them with the question why I could not update the application.

Today I received an email stating that I am not succesful. Does this has something to do with the email I send to them? First I did not hear anything from them, and after the email I send a few hours later I got the Not Succesful mail.

Strange...

Fla
29th Dec 2009, 12:45
Sorry to hear this JJL, but from people saying in previous posts.. the unsuccessful status is not always accurate. But I don't know. If your application was frozen they were obviously reviewing it at the time so I don't think it matters that much that you e-mailed them. You can always apply again in 6 months... or have you tried Emirates??

Best of luck in the future!!:ok:

travkat
29th Dec 2009, 15:25
Wish Etihad would hold an OD in East Asia one of these days... :O

sarahmanila
29th Dec 2009, 18:38
i agree... i havent heard of them hiring here in the phils. I cant even finish my online application because their system kept saying my "profile"/info is being used by another user. I really want to have my application submitted.. any alternative email address? agency??

SeatbeltsFastened
30th Dec 2009, 18:48
Hi everyone,

I went to the FRA assessment on 14th Dec & got the congratulations email a few days ago. Now i'm in the holding pool for a training date. :ok:

Just wanted to offer some words of encouragement to those waiting to hear, or those attending an assessment soon...
I always wanted to work for EY but never had the confidence in myself to apply before. I'm already cabin crew for a longhaul airline but just never felt that i was good enough to work for EY. I never applied to them because i was so sure i'd be rejected & i knew it would really upset me, so i felt it was easier on myself to just not bother applying. Only the threat of redundancy at my current airline made me push myself to apply & i am so glad that i finally did. Never in my wildest dreams did i think i would get through & i read the email 3 times before it finally sank in that i'd been accepted!

Good luck to all of those who are going through the recruitment process now. I have my fingers crossed for you all. If i can do it i know that you can too. Don't give up!

xx

Fla
30th Dec 2009, 19:11
Seatbeltsfastened,

Congratulations and getting through... Just a quick question for you. Did they give you any indication of how long you would be waiting to get a training date while you were at your interview???

SeatbeltsFastened
30th Dec 2009, 21:17
Hi Fla,

No, they didn't say anything about potential start dates. They did say they are short of German speakers though, so I would guess people with that language skill may get an earlier date?? I was the only English girl there & I don't speak a word of German, so I'm guessing I'd be further down the list of priority.

Did they give you an idea of timescales? I had an email saying my file is now with HR for all my checks & clearances & that this will take at least 3 weeks, that's as much as I know at this stage. When was your AD?

xx

Fla
30th Dec 2009, 21:36
Well I had an OD in August, then had my final interview in September. Then the first week in October I got the you've been successful e-mail and I haven't heard anything since.
Now im kind of worried, I never got that e-mail saying my file is with HR and it taking 3 weeks. I e-mailed them in November asking the status and all I got back was the relevant department are dealing with my query and will respond as soon as they can. Almost 2 months on still waiting on a responce. Did you get 2 emails? The you have been successful one and another saying your file was with HR or was it all the one e-mail??

Sorry just gettin paranoid here!!

On the email it says if not on a training course within 6 months you might have to go through part of the recruitment process again... but I remember asking them in Oct, if i were to be successful when would I start and she said it could be dec or jan but couldn't say for sure!! Hopefully we don't have to wait too long!!

SeatbeltsFastened
30th Dec 2009, 22:18
Got the congrats email, then the following day got one asking for all my work reference/service letters & cabin crew certificates (which I'd actually already sent the day after my AD!!) so I resent all that & then got a 3rd email straight back saying thank you & that my file was now with HR for the clearance process. Did you already have your references with you at your AD? I couldn't get mine in time (I had ONE day from landing back from work to leaving for the AD in FRA!).

I've read through all the pages here & on cabincrew.com & there doesn't seem to be a pattern to when they call. Just going to try & put it to the back of my mind now, get on with my current job & just wait for my golden call with that start date.

xx

Fla
30th Dec 2009, 23:15
ya I gave them everything they needed at the interview. Just don't want to wait long as its really hard getting a job in ireland at the mo. Thanks, just needed to clear things up in my head!!

SeatbeltsFastened
30th Dec 2009, 23:26
No probs. Hope you get the call soon. ;)

I've prepared myself for a long wait as it seems everyone on here has waited ages. Let us know when you hear from them. Fingers crossed it's not too far away now.

xx

mellymoo
31st Dec 2009, 11:16
to fla and all you guys,

We are still awaiting DOJ's from Feb 09 and havent heard we have sent emails asking what has happened to various recruiters and still are awaiting a response to let us know.

The last I heard was from Shereen one of the recruiters who said that we were looking at a possibility of end of this year, beginning of the year well we are nearly there and havent heard anything!!!

fingers crossed we are still awaiting security clearances etc which I know dont take too long as I have a BAA one!!

Fla
31st Dec 2009, 13:05
Marie2009, The reason why I had a final interview was because when i went to the open day, there wasn't enough time to go through the interview process so they said that would have to bring us in for a second day for the final interview. they mentioned that normally everything done in the one day but they hadn't enough time to prepare so had to come back again. I was informed a week later I would have a final interview and then had the interview a month later. So it is just the same as your one on one interview. I never had that on the OD. So I don't think they will be calling you for another interview.

Mellymoo, I was talking to Shereen also in Sept and she mentioned that they were unsure how long I would have to wait but it would prob be Dec or Jan. I really don't understand like they have you waiting since Feb. A year is a long time to wait for a job.

mellymoo
1st Jan 2010, 13:19
Hi Fla,

A year is a long time to wait I agree with you, but I love the Mid East as I worked out there for 10 years and just did a stint in it again for a few months.

I dont know why it is taking them a long time, maybe they are waiting for new aircraft to come in, however, they are starting to filter through the ones that have been waiting a long time.

Fingers crossed we will be there soon happy new year to all x

Lauren_Ashley
2nd Jan 2010, 01:18
I always wanted to work and live in the Middle East. It has been my dream for many years but now I am not so sure if it will happen. I want to be positive but I feel so discouraged. I know I should have faith but the medical disqualifications are very clear. Emirates does not accept anyone with a scoliosis curve above 30 degrees and for Qatar it is 15. For Etihad I am not sure but I assume it is somewhat similar.

I never had any back problems and it is not even noticable. Would they consider you if you have a written note from the doctor that you are fully capable of performing your duties? What if you went through corrective surgery? Do they accept people as cabin crew that had corrective scoliosis surgery?

In what stage do you have to go through medical clearance? Do you complete medicals in Dubai or do you just submit it through email? Do they want actual copies of x-rays?

I understand this is their preference but why are they so strict on this issue?